Richard Scott

908-604-7800

1 patient review filtered by:

2014 - 2016, Successful
7 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Brace yourself for honesty. He [Dr. Richard Scott] is a good doctor and will explain in a way you can understand as much as you want to know about your diagnosis and treatment, but he also won't sugarcoat. Ultimately, though, it was his brilliant mind and his resolve to stay on the cutting edge of the field that turned over that last stone that got me pregnant with 2 healthy girls,
Adrienne [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] is the total package - meticulous, patient, compassionate. She is rooting for you. I honestly don't know how I would have survived this last leg of my ivf journey without her....A few times, when a different nurse called me, she gave inaccurate medication instructions. It was only because of my own deep understanding of my care that I was able to avoid major problems as a result (i.e. I was able to tell her what my instructions ought to be and she looked up my chart and confirmed).
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
He is absolutely brilliant, but I think at this point he would rather her focus on research and making strides in the field rather than working with individual patients. He was at some points dismissive of my concerns, which led him to overlook something major. In the end, I was right, and it cost us a failed FET with some very expensive embryos.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
Brace yourself for honesty. He is a good doctor and will explain in a way you can understand as much as you want to know about your diagnosis and treatment, but he also won't sugarcoat. Ultimately, though, it was his brilliant mind and his resolve to stay on the cutting edge of the field that turned over that last stone that got me pregnant with 2 healthy girls,
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Scott was simultaneously candid but also very warm when I first consulted with him in 2014, and the desk often tried to schedule my procedures with him if possible. After I became pregnant and suffered a late-term loss, I returned to his care in 2015, and he had changed. He seemed disinterested in continuing to see patients and exasperated with my placing demands on his time for scheduled follow-up consultations.
Describe the protocols Richard Scott used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We did high-stim ivf micro-flare protocols with human growth hormone. They were freeze-all cycles wherein we tested the embryos and followed with FETs of euploid blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel)
Adrienne is the total package - meticulous, patient, compassionate. She is rooting for you. I honestly don't know how I would have survived this last leg of my ivf journey without her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It runs like a well-oiled machine. Sometimes getting a call-back from people other than my nurse proved frustrating, but in the grand scheme, they were highly efficient,
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Highly efficient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey.
We were paying for the ivf procedures out-of-pocket but testing and consults were covered. We spent a lot of money there.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Richard Scott