Good

Thousand Oaks
325 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361

2009 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Buyalos] was very understanding and worked hard on our behalf. He was careful to identify our individual and unique circumstances and address them. He always called himself if there was a concern rather than having a nurse call. He remembered details of my case two years later...We did PGD due to a genetic condition...Dr. Buyalos treated me like a human but other staff [at Fert & Surg Asso] sometimes made me feel more like a number.
The clinic [Fert & Surg Asso of CA] is very busy but it is well organized and responsive to your needs. At times you need to be an advocate for yourself and request to see the doctor or speak to him...I worked with two different nursing teams. The first team in 2010 was more engaging, seemed more interested in my wellbeing and were more compassionate and interested in my care. At times it did feel like I was just a number both times but more so the second time around in 2016.
How was your experience with Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
He was very understanding and worked hard on our behalf. He was careful to identify our individual and unique circumstances and address them. He always called himself if there was a concern rather than having a nurse call. He remembered details of my case two years later.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
Make sure to ask all of your questions as he will respond if he knows there are concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
Dr. Buyalos treated me like a human but other staff sometimes made me feel more like a number.
Describe the protocols Rick Buyalos used in your cycles at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California and their degree of success.
We did PGD due to a genetic condition and PGS our second cycle due to a miscarriage likely due to chromosomal abnormalities.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
The clinic is very busy but it is well organized and responsive to your needs. At times you need to be an advocate for yourself and request to see the doctor or speak to him.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
It was around 15,000 with treatment PGD but that was several years ago.
Santa Monica

2020, Consult
Anytime I have a question [at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California] I send an email, and I get a call back right away. I’ve never experienced anything like this with a clinic. It’s pretty amazing...Dr. Buyalos was very personable and compassionate about our situation. He explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand, and went into detailed with everything which we really appreciate.
Trust him. He’s the best, and will guide you in the right direction.
Dr. Buyalos took the time to answer all my questions and he explained everything in detailed. I didn’t feel like he was rushing us out of his office. He sat with my husband and I for over an hour going over everything, and our plan to start a family. We left his office with so much hope and excited for the future. I’m so happy to have Dr. Buyalos as my Doctor.
We will be starting treatment soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Everyone was super friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
This clinic is one of the best. Anytime I have a question I send an email, and I get a call back right away. I’ve never experienced anything like this with a clinic. It’s pretty amazing. That was one of the first signs I knew I had picked the right place.
Don’t remember exact dollar amount
Encino

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Buyalos is professional, informative, and compassionate. I felt like he truly felt my pain with setbacks and joy during successes. He called me during his family vacations to make sure I knew what was happening and came in on his days off to check on me.... Dr buyalos is very personable and I always felt like he really cared about me and helping me start a family
Fertility and surgical had a very Organized, clean, friendly, and efficient clinic. I never felt like my time was being wasted waiting for my appointment and they were always willing to work with my travel and time constraints.... Most all of the nurses we worked with were very knowledgeable.... If you have any concerns no matter how big or small, don’t be afraid to bring them up.
Most all of the nurses we worked with were very knowledgeable.
Encino

Investor
Rick Buyalos is very professional doctor with highly experienced skills on the treatment of older woman...he can speak little bit Chinese with a very warm smile on his face, and went through all the concept of Ivf with me and also give me more details about why did I fail for the first 4 cycles...After a long discussion I decided to try for the final time. the egg trivial went very well
every time I have question they [Fertility & Surgical Associates of California] always give me prompt answer, may be need more smile when I communicate with them or say hello with them which can makes me more relieved...[nurses] provide excellent care to me...Rick Buyalos is very professional doctor with highly experienced skills on the treatment of older woman.
I did four treatment before I saw Dr Buyalos from different fertility clinic, for the first Treatment I generate 2 PGS pass Embryos, then the first and second pregnancy were all with miscarriage end. I rested for two month and then did all three cycles in one clinic which just generate one embryo and didn't implement...I was 38 at that time. then, I felt hopeless and even think about egg donor, then my friend recommend Dr Buyalos to me, I went there to see him, he can speak little bit Chinese with a very warm smile on his face, and went through all the concept of Ivf with me and also give me more details about why did I fail for the first 4 cycles, and discussed possible protocol he is going to use for my case. After a long discussion I decided to try for the final time. the egg trivial went very well, 11 Eggs with 9 fertilized 4 of them made to day 5 and 6, 2 PGS passed Embryos, I transferred one boy embryo on July 2020,and now my boy is 1 year old!!! I write done all of those on his one year old birthday to show my great appreciation to Dr Buyalos.
I have to say that the IVF journey is just like an adventure game, you never know what is going to surprise you next。 I traveled long way from china for IVF treatment, and I have to say that I did total 5 treatments I even cant look back how brave I was, and how many needles I injected...the only sunshine which continuously encourage me and take me back from a hopeless feeling is Dr Buyalos. The first time I met him, he did ultrasound for me (3rd day period)and then say that he can probably retrieve 9-11 eggs...he told me dont give up the hope, your number is good.
he didnt use standard protocols, instead he use less amount of Gonalf and Menopur, as well as one injection called Lupron .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California. (Assigned nurse: XJ (chinese coordinator ))
they provide excellent care to me
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
every time I have question they always give me prompt answer, may be need more smile when I communicate with them or say hello with them which can makes me more relieved. During the covid time, they are very alert, which is a good point.
$20000
Describe Rick Buyalos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
he didnt encourage me to do the multiple embryo transfer and tell me the risk about it, which increase the miscarriage rate and early birth rate
Thousand Oaks