6.2

10 Post
Irvine, CA 92618
720 Lomita Blvd
Torrance, CA 90505

I met him [Dr. Salem] twice. ... He never responded to phone calls between the two meetings. When I would see him in the waiting room or hallway, he would ignore me. At the final meeting, he was cold and indifferent. When I started to cry, he told me it was time for me to leave. ... I had questions about all sorts if things and he didn’t care enough to ever respond because I had already written a check.
The staff only get in touch about payments. You have to aggressively pursue them for answers about medications, method and placement of shots, timing of shots, and making next appointments. ... Instructions for medications were incomplete and at times incorrect and even non-existent. ... . They did not treat me with respect or dignity. The medical procedures started and ended oddly. They’d tell me an anesthesiologist would come talk to me before a procedure but that never happened, for example
How was your experience with Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center?
He was very charming the first time I met him. From then on, he had no contact with me via phone or email. I had questions about all sorts if things and he didn’t care enough to ever respond because I had already written a check.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center?
Stay far far away. Find another doctor like Dr. Lin in Irvine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center?
I met him twice. The first time was for the initial consultation. The 2nd time was when the egg implantation was to occur but unfortunately both embryos were aneuploid and not appropriate for anything but research. He never responded to phone calls between the two meetings. When I would see him in the waiting room or hallway, he would ignore me. At the final meeting, he was cold and indifferent. When I started to cry, he told me it was time for me to leave.
Describe the protocols Rifaat Salem used in your cycles at Pacific Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Hysteroscopy for egg retrieval Medications such as cetride, clomid, gonal-f to grow as many eggs as possible 2 fertilized eggs were checked with pgd, both had aneuploidy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Alex Corona)
Instructions for medications were incomplete and at times incorrect and even non-existent. The team was hard to get in touch with. They rarely called back and emails were short and non-informational. After surgeries, I was allowed to walk out without a caregiver although I had to sign legal documents saying they would not release me without a caregiver due to the anesthesiology. After surgeries, I would find things still taped to me even though they had disconnected IVs and breathing tubes.
Describe your experience with Pacific Reproductive Center.
This place is either offering bad faith medicine on purpose or completely dysfunctional. The staff only get in touch about payments. You have to aggressively pursue them for answers about medications, method and placement of shots, timing of shots, and making next appointments. It is almost like they want you to fail 2-3 times so they get more money.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific Reproductive Center.
It ruined my schedule. It was never according to my convenience but according to theirs. It was come tomorrow at 2. There was no choice. If I didn’t go at 2, the cycle was canceled and there’d be no refund or rolling leftover funds over to the next. cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center.
$30k
Describe Rifaat Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Reproductive Center.
He strongly advised implanting more than one embryo if he was able to retrieve multiple eggs
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Reproductive Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Reproductive Center.
I feel like they took my money and gave me enough to keep coming back for more in hopes of a baby. They did not treat me with respect or dignity. The medical procedures started and ended oddly. They’d tell me an anesthesiologist would come talk to me before a procedure but that never happened, for example
Rifaat Salem

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Salem never had a good bedside manner but that didn't matter to me. He got the job done for my cycle in 2013 but when I returned in 2016 for a failed FET and later a miserable fresh cycle, he was completely uninterested...Then because I had so few follicles growing and they were small, he had he continue to stim for too long, likely compromising egg and embryo quality. I was devastated at the results of that egg retrieval and fresh transfer and immediately sought a new doctor.
Dr Salem [of Pacific Reproductive Center in Torrence] never had a good bedside manner but that didn't matter to me. He got the job done for my cycle in 2013 but when I returned in 2016 for a failed FET and later a miserable fresh cycle, he was completely uninterested...Then because I had so few follicles growing and they were small, he had he continue to stim for too long, likely compromising egg and embryo quality. I was devastated at the results of that egg retrieval and fresh transfer and immediately sought a new doctor.
How was your experience with Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center?
Dr Salem never had a good bedside manner but that didn't matter to me. He got the job done for my cycle in 2013 but when I returned in 2016 for a failed FET and later a miserable fresh cycle, he was completely uninterested. He was working on opening a clinic in Dubai and not paying any attention to his work. I didn't lose confidence in him after my failed FET because things happen and no fertility treatment guarantees success so I agreed to do another fresh cycle. That cycle was a nightmare, he barley glance at my ovaries during ultrasounds while I was on stims, only measured ONE follicle so he never increased my dosage when I wasn't responding well. Then because I had so few follicles growing and they were small, he had he continue to stim for too long, likely compromising egg and embryo quality. I was devastated at the results of that egg retrieval and fresh transfer and immediately sought a new doctor.
Choose another doctor. Dr Salem doesn't care about his patients.
Dr Salem never remember what was going on in my cycles when he was examining me or asking me questions. He didn't bother to glance at my chart to find out which cycle day I was on and he would ask the same questions at every visit, not remembering me from even 2-4 days prior.
Dr Salem prescribed menopur and follistim. He did not properly monitor my follicle growth for my fresh cycle in 2015 like he did in 2013. I needed severa dosage adjustments the first time around. The second time he never bothered to measure my follicle sizes and never increased my dosage throughout the cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Reproductive Center.
The nursing staff at the Irvine office were far more genuine and caring than those at the Torrance location. I wish they could have handled the procedures instead of just monitoring.
Describe your experience with Pacific Reproductive Center.
This clinic is owned and operated by Rifaat Salem and I strongly recommend against anyone using their services.
My first cycle was a two cycle package (only used one to get pregnant) was $15,000 without medication. I qualified for a reduced rate for a second single cycle later and it was $8500 without medications.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Reproductive Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Reproductive Center.
The clinic staff were not operating well while a new clinic was being opened in Dubai.
Rifaat Salem