6.2

720 Lomita Blvd
Torrance, CA 90505

1 patient review filtered by:

2013 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Rifaat Salem] went on to to many more egg retrievals and transfers as well as other procedures during the multiple cycles we did. He knew us personally and always made me feel at home at that office. I always trusted his expertise as well as his staff, he has a lot of experience and keeps the best staff on hand to treat his patients with him.... personally appreciated his cander with us on what we needed to do and how things were going. You can ask himanything and he will take the time to make sure you understand.
The strengths of this clinic [Pacific Reproductive Center] is everyone on staff is very compassionate, great at communicating and invested in the patients which is vital with this type of medical care. They have top of the line embryologist, nurses and doctors. They perform PGS in their lab so a fresh transfer is an option. They are also willing to listen to your input and take your thoughts on the cycle into consideration. Only weakness would be that they only have one facility that it equipped to do procedures so when you have them there is some traveling needed. I personally stayed at a hotel near that locations to take the stress out of travel with time specific procedures.
How was your experience with Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center?
I first net doctor Rifaat Salem for my first egg retrieval, he cane to see while I was getting prepped and introduced himself and explained the procedure. He went on to to many more egg retrievals and transfers as well as other procedures during the multiple cycles we did. He knew us personally and always made me feel at home at that office. I always trusted his expertise as well as his staff, he has a lot of experience and keeps the best staff on hand to treat his patients with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center?
He may seem matter of fact but I personally appreciated his cander with us on what we needed to do and how things were going. You can ask himanything and he will take the time to make sure you understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center?
Dr. Rifaat Salem performed all of my procedures (hysteroscopy, egg retrievals, embryo transfers, polyp removal and endo scratch). Each and every time he saw me he knew who I was, spoke to me using my first name before each procedure he always came to say hi and check on me. He was always up front and honest with me about how things were going.
Describe the protocols Rifaat Salem used in your cycles at Pacific Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
All of my fresh cycles have been the Long Lupron Protocol with Follistim & Menopur and then trigger with Pregnyl (HCG). All of my fresh cycle we have done AH, ICSI and PGS testing with a fresh day 5 transfer of 2 embryos. My first IVF cycle worked and I got pregnant with my son in 2013, he was born 2014. In 2015 we did an FET with embryos from the 2013 cycle and had a CP. Prior to start of FET we did a hysteroscopy which showed uterus was clear from scarring and polyps. We then did a fresh cycle after which also resulted in a CP. We added Cabergoline this cycle to reduce risk of OHSS because I'm a high reposnder and e2 tends to get a bit high. For the next fresh cycle we did an RPL panel and checked NK cells, the results came back pretty normal except Vitamin D slightly low so I started a D3 supplement. We also repeated hysteroscopy and did endo scratch. Hysteroscopy revealed a polyp and scar tissue which was removed. During the stim cycle we added Heparin until 12 weeks gestation and intralipid infusions during stims, at embryo transfer and after positive pregnancy confirmed with 2 beta HCG blood tests. This cycle and these changes resulted in twin girls which are due October 2016.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Reproductive Center.
The nursing staff here is absolutely amazing. During all my procedures they made me feel so comfortable, they explained everything they were doing and what would be done. They also took time to talk to me and get to know me personally. They shared good things they noticed during each of my cycles and they shared in my joy when the cycles worked and my pain when they didn't. They were always positive and optimistic.
Describe your experience with Pacific Reproductive Center.
The strengths of this clinic is everyone on staff is very compassionate, great at communicating and invested in the patients which is vital with this type of medical care. They have top of the line embryologist, nurses and doctors. They perform PGS in their lab so a fresh transfer is an option. They are also willing to listen to your input and take your thoughts on the cycle into consideration. Only weakness would be that they only have one facility that it equipped to do procedures so when you have them there is some traveling needed. I personally stayed at a hotel near that locations to take the stress out of travel with time specific procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rifaat Salem at Pacific Reproductive Center.
Our FET cost about $7000 including all medication. The fresh cycles ranged from $20,000-$25,000 which included all procedures, office visits, monitoring, medication, ICSI, AH & PGS testing.
Rifaat Salem