Dallas IVF

FellowshipUCSD
2840 Legacy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
214-297-0020
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rinku Mehta to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Mehta has a very warm bedside manner and was familiar with my case during our appointments. She also did all the sonograms so she seemed engaged. ... Overall, she was fine. However, after our third retrieval, she told us that she had no more options/suggestions for our treatments and suggested that we move on to donor eggs. It seemed like she was giving up on our case. ... She recommended transferring 1 embryo at a time.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rinku Mehta at Dallas IVF?
Overall, she was fine. However, after our third retrieval, she told us that she had no more options/suggestions for our treatments and suggested that we move on to donor eggs. It seemed like she was giving up on our case. She was also moving to another clinic, so maybe she was cleaning house.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rinku Mehta at Dallas IVF?
As with all doctors, advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rinku Mehta at Dallas IVF?
Describe the protocols Rinku Mehta used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
IUI #1: Clomid 50 mg/day for 5 days; Estrace 2 mg suppositories; Ovidrel trigger. There were 2 mature follicles, 2 immature. Clomid caused thin lining. Negative pregnancy test. IUI #2: Femara 2.5 mg/day for 5 days; Ovidrel trigger. There was 1 follicle. Did Progesterone suppositories. Negative pregnancy test. IUI #3: Femara 5 mg/day for 5 days; Ovidrel trigger. There were 3 follicles. Did Progesterone suppositories. Negative pregnancy test. Retrieval #1: We did Lupron, Follistim, & Menopur, with a Novarel trigger. Results: 12 eggs, 2 D6 blasts, and 1 PGS inconclusive embryo. Retrieval #2: We did Lupron, Follistim, Menopur, & Omnitrope, with a Novarel trigger. Results: 8 eggs, 2 D6 blasts, and 1 PGS normal female. Retrieval #3: We did Follistim, Menopur, Omnitrope, Ovasitol, & Ganirelix, with a Novarel trigger. Results: 18 eggs, 1 D6 blast, and 0 PGS normal embryos.
Strengths: Compassion. Same day responses to voicemails. Weaknesses: Very rushed because they had a lot of patients scheduled. Multiple attempts were often needed to draw blood. A couple times, prescriptions were not sent to the pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Overall, the clinic is fine and the staff are nice. Weaknesses: The staff are sometimes disorganized. The surgery center had the wrong retrieval info one time. It took a few visits to get my patient records because they kept forgetting to include all the info. The billing coordinator (Mary) takes a long time to respond to queries/refunds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rinku Mehta at Dallas IVF.
We didn't have insurance coverage for infertility. Total cost for 3 medicated IUIs was about $3,000. Each IVF retrieval was about $16,000.
Describe Rinku Mehta's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
She recommended transferring 1 embryo at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Dallas IVF
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rinku Mehta at Dallas IVF.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Mehta always did all my procedures and she remembered me. She was always on time and quick. She even remembered my latex allergy when the nurses forgot.... I felt very safe and comfortable with Dr Mehta because she really thought about me and my issues, not what “should” work for most people. She tailored my treatment to me, and never guessed at anything. Once she couldn’t see well on an ultrasound and moved me to the room with a better machine so she could get a clear picture.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?
I felt very safe and comfortable with Dr Mehta because she really thought about me and my issues, not what “should” work for most people. She tailored my treatment to me, and never guessed at anything. Once she couldn’t see well on an ultrasound and moved me to the room with a better machine so she could get a clear picture. She did my egg retrieval on a Saturday, and went to run a 5k with her family afterwards. when I didn’t feel well after the egg retrieval, she came right back just to check on me herself. When she did my polyp removal surgery, she made sure I had copies of the pictures and results. And when I had an ovarian cyst burst while she was on vacation, I saw another doctor in her clinic for a sono, but Dr Mehta called me at home herself to check on me and wanted me to call her and come see her if I didn’t feel better in a day or two. She is a perfectionist when it comes to her patients’ care, and I love that she did all my sonos and tests so she knew exactly what was going on with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?
Don’t take her being direct sometimes as her being insensitive. She cares, but she is always thinking about what is best for you, and when she is thinking a mile a minute, she can seem distracted.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?
Describe the protocols Rinku Mehta used in your cycles at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth and their degree of success.
I have DOR due to stage IV endometriosis and scar tissue from surgery on my ovaries (which are also attached to my other organs with scar tissue). I had a failed cycle with another doctor doing standard BCP priming and lupron with max doses of menopur and gonel-f. BCP and Lupron likely over-suppressed my ovaries, so I had no follicles develop. Mehta did a more natural cycle with some estrogen priming and no lupron, adding ganerelix to suppress the last few days. I was still on the max dose of gonal-f and menopur. My cycle was longer as my follicles develop slowly. Maybe 17 days between starting injections and retrieval, but Mehta gave me plenty of time and was confident the follicles would grow. And it worked! 9 mature eggs. And Dr. Mehta has a new plan to hopefully make the next attempt more successful by improving egg quality. I also took some supplements she recommended for egg health:. CoQ10, DHEA, vit C. Her transfer protocol worked as well— my lining was 16mm, and I took estrogen, baby aspirin, doxycycline, and a steroid as well as injections of progesterone. Her transfer technique seemed very good— I had no pain and no placental issues.
Overall very good, but I did see one nurse who seemed stressed and overwhelmed so she came off insensitive. She wasn’t usually the nurse I saw.
Describe your experience with CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
The clinic Frisco Institute of Reproductive Medicine in Frisco has been bought by CCRM and I’ve heard they have changed many things since my treatments. Dr Mehta is no longer there (she is with Dallas IVF now) because the changes didn’t fit with her doctoring style. I can’t speak to the state of the clinic after the changes around oct-dec 2018. I had one appointment during the transition, and from that get the sense that patients may feel more like numbers rather than people after the change-over, and can’t guess how this will effect the quality of the embryo lab or the type of attention patients will receive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
I can’t remember... 10-12k for IVF with ICSI plus meds, maybe?
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.

We completely trusted Dr. Mehta's judgment on all treatment and felt like she was knowledgable. I loved how she saw me at every visit and did each monitoring ultrasound herself. I never felt rushed and loved how she took the time to answer all of our questions....Dr. Mehta takes the time to talk to you and answer all of your questions. She is compassionate and truly cares about her patients...I strongly believe that when you meet with her you will decide she is the right doctor for you.
How was your experience with Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?
I would tell a prospective patient to make the consultation with Dr. Mehta. I strongly believe that when you meet with her you will decide she is the right doctor for you.
Dr. Mehta and were staff were wonderful! Dr. Mehta takes the time to talk to you and answer all of your questions. She is compassionate and truly cares about her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
The nursing staff is wonderful at FIRM! They are organized, caring, and efficient. What I really love about the FIRM staff is you are never sent to a voicemail during business hours. You are always able to speak with your nurse if she is available. If she is not available, she will call you back as soon as possible. I cannot speak more highly of the nursing team! They are wonderful!
Describe your experience with CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
FIRM's strengths are that they care about each patient and are the best at what they do. Every member of the FIRM team is an expert at what they do. They never made a mistake and were very easy to work with.
They will give you a print out of the costs for your cycle depending on what you need. They do not do a "package" for IVF, but they do give you a discount on your next cycle if your first is not successful. We preferred this.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Protocol with Dr. Rinky Mehta was] Clomid + Timed intercourse Because my numbers, hormones, egg quality and reserve are all good with my husband having excellent sperm. IUI Increase our chances by putting the sperm closer to my egg. I responded very well to Clomid...She has undergone infertility treatment herself and it shows in her emotions and how much she cared about our outcome...Her compassion and knowledge are a killer combination. She has a way about her that is so understanding that makes me feel so comfortable. And even though we’ve not been successful, my husband and I still trust her implicitly.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?
Don’t underestimate the emotional toll. No matter what the treatment, the emotional exhaustion is real.
They were ok.
Describe your experience with CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
I hate this clinic. They are awful. I would never recommend them to anyone. It’s actually kind of a joke they are in this very sensitive profession. I complained so many times and finally was so happy Dr Mehta left on her own so I could follow her.
Clomid $50 Every appt between $80-$250 IUI (3) $650 Trigger shot (3) $150
Describe Rinku Mehta's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
Not applicable
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?

2013 - 2018
She [Dr. Rinku Mehta] was easy to talk to and took her time answering our questions. We never felt rushed. She genuinely cared and was supportive, when we wanted one more child. She fully explained steps to us and I didn’t feellike just another one of her patients.... We had male factor, so if I remember right, nothing was adjusted or used in place of to try and get better results.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?
She was easy to talk to and took her time answering our questions. We never felt rushed. She genuinely cared and was supportive, when we wanted one more child. She fully explained steps to us and I didn’t feellike just another one of her patients.
To be open and feel like they can ask anything.
Took time to talk to us and answer questions.
I was the norm protocol for my fresh and frozen transfer. We had male factor, so if I remember right, nothing was adjusted or used in place of to try and get better results.
Overall the staff were nice, encouraging, compassionate, helpful, etc. However I felt at times there were a nurse or two that didn’t engage with me this way.
Describe your experience with CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
Overall we had a good experience with the clinic. We felt encouragement throughout the process and we didn’t feel treated like a number. We felt like the staff really cared and hoped for the best for us.
We paid about $20K for everything that we did.
Both transfers were multiple transfers.
Frisco

Very knowledgeable and hard working. She [Dr. Mehta] doesn't give up on her patients. I just wish she would spend more time on explaining. Communication outside of the clinic was through the nurse. With her busy schedule it was bit difficult to talk to her but she did respond through the nurse... she seem to be concerned and wanted to help.... she was very busy and would only see us for few minutes.
How was your experience with Rinku Mehta at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?
Very knowledgeable and hard working. She doesn't give up on her patients. I just wish she would spend more time on explaining. Communication outside of the clinic was through the nurse. With her busy schedule it was bit difficult to talk to her but she did respond through the nurse
Give her as much as detail as you can. Do not hide anything
Human - she seem to be concerned and wanted to help. Number - she was very busy and would only see us for few minutes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth.
Some of the strengths on the clinic was that it was clean and followed a good protocol. On the weakness side, I think the staff could have been more helpful. Especially the staff that works with billing.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Dallas-Fort Worth?