RMA of New Jersey

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolRensselaer Polytechnic
ResidencyEmory
FellowshipU. of Connecticut
475 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
973-325-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rita Gulati to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I like that she [Dr. Rita Gulati] called me personally with results and never rushed me when I was speaking with her in person. However, it felt like it took forever to get in touch with her because they are not always at the clinic and you are seeing a million different doctors during your monitoring. Although she was my actual doctor, I never saw her much during the IVF process.... She was difficult to get in touch with due to schedule. Ex: in office Monday and Tuesday, can't get her by phone other days. Not very involved in IVF process.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
Strengths: She is very compassionate and takes time to answer questions when you see her in person. Weaknesses: She was difficult to get in touch with due to schedule. Ex: in office Monday and Tuesday, can't get her by phone other days. Not very involved in IVF process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
You should know that once you begin the process of IVF you don't see your actual doctor very much.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
I like that she called me personally with results and never rushed me when I was speaking with her in person. However, it felt like it took forever to get in touch with her because they are not always at the clinic and you are seeing a million different doctors during your monitoring. Although she was my actual doctor, I never saw her much during the IVF process.
Describe the protocols Rita Gulati used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For IVF we started with menopur and gonal F in the morning (75 of menopur and 150 of gonal F pen) and at night. On the 3rd morning I had to start the ganarelix one injection and did that as well for the next 5 mornings along with the other meds. After the 3rd morning I went to monitoring the 5th day, 6th, and 8th day of meds. Then I did a trigger shot that night of hcg 5,000units and lupron that twice that day. These meds produced 7 eggs, only 3 were mature and only 1 made it to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: I had Nicole first and merry for IVF)
Well it was hard because as I was starting IVF my nurse left for another clinic. I think that they assign the nurses WAY TOO MANY patients. It's hard to be organized and on the same page when this happens so I don't really blame them at all. I think she did the best she could.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Regular daytime appointments went smoothly and the receptionists are always friendly and nice asking about your day, etc. the issue with this specific site is the waiting room and monitor waiting room is. It big enough. It is packed to the brim most mornings I went and sometimes I had no place to sit down. Also the wait time can be 1 hour at least maybe longer depending on how many people show up and what time you come. I stopped going and went to basking ridge instead where it was 15 minutes for blood work and ultrasound with a big waiting room and more staffing. At the first place they only had 1 doctor to do the ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
See previous response about clinic. Do not do monitoring at west orange there are too many patients and not enough staff, go to basking ridge if you can. Also I understand patients want to have their significant other there but then they are not enough seats for actual patients. They need to have a bigger waiting area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey.
I did the careshare program and we spent 32,000, 600 for anesthesia, 1,500 for meds. Then copays leading up to treatment $60 each time I went.
Describe Rita Gulati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Well we only had 1 to transfer but I like the rationale as the risks for me would have been much higher with a multiple birth (small body frame)
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Gulati was up front about what she expected out of treatment. She also reviewed my charts and was armed with knowledge about what we were going through. She didn't ask many questions just reaffirmed what she read and then allowed us to ask her questions. I felt like I had know her forever.... I stimmed for a while to produce great mature eggs. I used bravelle menopur and ganierelix. I stimmed for about 10 days. She wanted to retrieve less eggs so I didn't get hyperstimulated too. She recommended a freeze all and a FET the next month after an endo scratch a few days after retrieval.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
Give her all your documents for previous treatments she does read everything.
She always took time to go over treatment and results with me. She even did a lot of my monitoring.
I don't remember my protocol but I remember she said slow and steady wins. I stimmed for a while to produce great mature eggs. I used bravelle menopur and ganierelix. I stimmed for about 10 days. She wanted to retrieve less eggs so I didn't get hyperstimulated too. She recommended a freeze all and a FET the next month after an endo scratch a few days after retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
She always kept in touch and didn't make me wait all day for blood results. She was cheerful and always made sure I had crackers and juice for my blood draws. I'm a hard stick so she tried to make me comfortable.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It's a huge place, when you go to the main campus you will fill like a number but hopefully you'll appreciate that. The embryologist know what they are doing and they work really hard to make sure you get a take home baby.
You could go in whenever you wanted for monitoring but they had early morning hours to make it convenient for working patients to come in before work.
Consult was $300 Everything else totaled about 30k. I had monitoring, retrieval, freezing, PGD, laser acupuncture, frozen transfer, also pregnancy ultrasounds.
My doctor advised that we could try one embryo but given our history she was more confident with two. She made sure we were okay with the possibility of twins. She said two was her Max because a uterus is a home not a condominium.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Called me personally and directly. She [Dr Rita Gulati] had all details of my age, my genetics, history and where I am. Took the time at all meetings to explaining all details of process and answer questions in relation to my situation...She was very nice, sensitive to situation yet honest of options. Very knowledgeable in explaining procedures and proccesses.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
For any doctor.Take notes. Write down questions be prepared when meeting with doctor.easier on emotions.and understanding what's next
Called me personally and directly. She had all details of my age, my genetics, history and where I am. Took the time at all meetings to explaining all details of process and answer questions in relation to my situation.
Too much details to remember and write here. Tried egg retrieval with hormone shots first time. My choice was to try one more tome Then on to using donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Brianna)
Very, very helpful. Answered all questions as they came up. Sensitive to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is very well organized, HIPPA laws strictly unforced. Everyone is very nice. Much research is done. Information available on line and easy to schedule appointments as needed
Early mornings. Some times many ppl. Some tines just a few. But still able to get to work on time.
Some general things covered by insurance Otherwise all out of pocket Medications reached about $7000 or so. All in all at this point, sperm donors With 2 egg retrevals, and now egg donor. Have reached $77000
West Orange
Just be aware she [Rita Gulati] does not perform the egg retrieval or transfer, it will be another RMA Doctor...She welcomed me with a smile during the 5am monitoring cycle and would call me personally at home during the cycle to check in...She listened to our situation and got us started right away. There was no wait time to get moving with treatment. When I had a delay due to a cyst she called me over the weekend to check in. She talked to me for over an hour.
How was your experience with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
Just be aware she does not perform the egg retrieval or transfer, it will be another RMA Doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I had to follow up at times to get a full explanation of what to expect for upcoming treatment because directions that were given confused me. However I did get prompt responses from my nurse, Jill.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring was slow.
Varied day to day based on which Doctor did monitoring hours.
It was 100% covered by insurance