Medical SchoolTulane
ResidencyU. of Chicago
FellowshipUSC
361 Hospital Road
Newport Beach, CA 92663
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Anderson to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Anderson] went thru all my medical records and I think he tested me for a few other things that helped him come up with a plan for us. ... Although he doesn’t show too much emotion, his knowledge and protocols make up for it. I prefer a doctor that tells it to me straight, then give me false hopes. He is honest and cared about our success. ... He is very factual and I appreciated that. He explained all my options and the reasoning behind them.
2012 - 2018
Native American, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Anderson at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I was recommended to him by my ob only for a consult because costs were higher there than other practices. I researched him before and his accomplishments. I am so glad I did. He is a leader in his field. He is very factual and I appreciated that. He explained all my options and the reasoning behind them. I would try to get ahead of myself with what to expect and little did I know they would have a detailed plan of what steps to take next. Although he doesn’t show too much emotion, his knowledge and protocols make up for it. I prefer a doctor that tells it to me straight, then give me false hopes. He is honest and cared about our success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Anderson at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask any and all questions you have. He will answer them honestly. Then trust his process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Anderson at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The entire staff knew us. They took the time to explain everything to us as many times needed. I would ask a question several different ways to make sure I understood the information they gave. They were very patient and even let me record them so I can watch on my own time.
Describe the protocols Robert Anderson used in your cycles at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We went in for a consult with Dr Anderson at the end of 2012, I believe. He went thru all my medical records and I think he tested me for a few other things that helped him come up with a plan for us. We started with a round of Clomid with no success. He recommended we try Clomid again but not to try more than 3 consecutive cycles. My husband and I decided to try for a 4th cycle. We had no success with Clomid. Dr Anderson then recommended IVF. We proceeded with his IVF treatment, including egg retrieval with PGS testing. I am glad he recommended the testing on embryos. Out of 32 eggs retrieved, 28 made it to embryos. Then 14 made it to 3 days I believe. 8 were sent for testing and only 4 of those 8 were good embryos. We did one embryo transfer in 2013. We had a successful outcome with a baby boy born in 2014. We went to see him again for a second transfer in 2018. We started medication once again similar to 2013 plan. This second transfer was not successful. We immediately tried another transfer and he went on with the almost exact medicinal plan as the successful pregnancy. It worked. We are due in May of 2019 with our second child.
The nursing staff is super attentive. They let me video record them explain for my own use how to take my medication/injections. They went over anything and everything I asked them about. I was able to call any Dept in their office with any questions and get answers very promptly if I had to leave a message. If they weren’t 100% sure about anything specific, they wouldn’t hesitate to get an immediate answer. We were super impressed with the staff.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This practice has the most patient knowledgeable staff. When you get to know Dr Anderson after a few visits, you know he wouldn’t have anything less. They are extremely top notch. I’ll admit, due to their location, we expected them to have patients who had bigger bank accounts than us and didn’t wear T-shirt’s in their everyday lives. Nevertheless, we were treated with dignity and respect just the same as they do all their patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Anderson at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The first pregnancy included his fee up til end of first trimester (12 weeks). We paid other pgs fees separately and also the retrieval fee was separate. Medication was coordinated thru office but paid separately. His office fees uncludrd the ultrasounds, exams and testing done in office.
Describe Robert Anderson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Anderson explained to us our success rate with just one embryo transfer due to his “hatching” method, pregnancy success in his practice, my age and other factors. It was a recommendation specific to me and my medical history as well.
Newport Beach

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Anderson at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Anderson himself is no-nonsense and doesn’t have much to say... has available newer sperm sorting devices in the lab like Zymot, which can help with DNA fragmentation. He even runs clinical research studies in his office. These were all signs that I felt I could trust him to know the science instead of sticking with an old protocol. He does favor a particular protocol (antagonist) for probably the vast majority of patients, but it seems to get results. I also love that he does not batch patients by putting them on birth control prior to the stimulation cycle. That way, you may retrieve more eggs than you might with birth control pills.
Dr. Anderson is clearly competent and current with research. He even has available newer sperm sorting devices in the lab like Zymot, which can help with DNA fragmentation. He even runs clinical research studies in his office. These were all signs that I felt I could trust him to know the science instead of sticking with an old protocol. He does favor a particular protocol (antagonist) for probably the vast majority of patients, but it seems to get results. I also love that he does not batch patients by putting them on birth control prior to the stimulation cycle. That way, you may retrieve more eggs than you might with birth control pills.
Research IVF thoroughly and come to your initial consultation prepared to ask all your questions about what to expect. You won’t have much chance later to ask him more conceptual/science/approach based questions once things start rolling in treatment.
Dr. Anderson himself is no-nonsense and doesn’t have much to say, but the clinic staff are IMPECCABLE. The nurses are all so kind and they do seem to get to know us as we come in for visits.
Antagonist protocol, no birth control priming. Mix of Menopur and gonal-F. Menopur was not added until a few days later. Cetrotide used as antagonist later in the stimulation cycle. Without the birth control priming I received at another clinic, this time we retrieved more eggs than my antral follicle count with quite a large number mature.
There are many nurses in the office and you are not assigned to a single one, but they are all so good at their jobs. They are all well trained in the process and how to train us on injections and next steps. They are also so kind and do seem to get to know us over time. I love them all!
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic has some of the best success rates and is extremely well run. You can also call the embryology lab separately and even speak to the embryologist who fertilized your eggs! You get Day 3 and Day 6 updates. You also get a detailed PGS report that shows which chromosomal errors are affecting your embryos. This is everything I could have asked for in a clinic.
Just over $18k for the cycle, including $2150 for PGS but not including medication. Medication was just about $1500 obtained from Mexico.
Dr Anderson exclusively transfers one embryo at a one as far as I know.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Anderson] definitely is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat things, which can come across as harsh, but I think it’s helpful and necessary. He remained hopeful and told us to keep up hope, even in times of fear, and he kept pushing forward. He tailored our entire treatment to my specific body, including timing, medications, appointments, and everything. He has so many tricks up his sleeves and has been doing this for a very long time.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I came to him from a much worse clinic, so he was a breathe of fresh air from the beginning. He definitely is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat things, which can come across as harsh, but I think it’s helpful and necessary. He remained hopeful and told us to keep up hope, even in times of fear, and he kept pushing forward. He tailored our entire treatment to my specific body, including timing, medications, appointments, and everything. He has so many tricks up his sleeves and has been doing this for a very long time. I truly trust him and I cannot explain how happy I am that we came to him.
If you have more long-winded questions, it’s good to call a nurse before or ask to speak with them because they can answer questions in more depth or talk with Dr Anderson when he has time to really think about the answer.
I adore his office. Not only does he personally see me for every single ultrasound, but every nurse and office assistant is so knowledgeable and up to date on my file and I feel I can completely trust all of them.
Both cycles were similar, frozen embryo transfer cycles. I was put on 0.4 dosage of Delestrogen, every third day Estrogen patch, change twice a week Progesterone twice daily, starting 5 days before the transfer And different medications to help against infections Prednisone starting day before transfer and until 7-8 weeks pregnant Neupogen injection 3-4 weeks into the cycle, done by him to help lining He had me take Pentoxifylline for 6 months between my two cycles to help with uterine lining
The office doesn’t assign one nurse because they all have to know your file and everything about you. It’s wonderful because then anyone can answer your question or call back. It’s very easy to get in touch and they’re always available.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They are a very well run, nice, efficient office. I have never waited more than a few minutes, and they’re often running early. When you call, a real person immediately picks up, and if you’re a patient, they usually know you. They quickly connect you with someone or have someone call back and take detailed notes for why you’re calling. Appointments are easy to make and the office runs very smoothly.
This is the only complaint - they don’t take many insurances, and don’t take what we had. The cost for medication per cycle was around $1000 because some was covered. The cost for the cycle itself was close to $5000
He only does single embryo transfers. He never ever does multiple transfers anymore, and hasn’t for years. He said in his own data + research there is no increase in success with multiple and only risks, so he will only do the eSET
Newport Beach

Dr. Anderson will answer your questions honestly and efficiently, without a lot of hand holding and comfort. I can see how that would be off putting to some people. It worked for me because I didn't need him to be my friend, I wanted honest and trustworthy information.... I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve at 35. My first egg retrieval with Dr. Anderson, this was the protocol for stims: 450 units of gonal F days 1-14 days; cetritide days 6-14; Menopur 75 units days 6-10; Menopur 150 units day 11-14, trigger 15,000 Novarel. Going into egg retrieval I had 8 follicles measuring over 20 mm.
Dr. Anderson will answer your questions honestly and efficiently, without a lot of hand holding and comfort. I can see how that would be off putting to some people. It worked for me because I didn't need him to be my friend, I wanted honest and trustworthy information. If I asked a question, he always answered it in a straight forward manner but if you don't ask questions, he doesn't give you too much information. That worked for me because I am type A so I always had questions prepared. If you are not like this, you might feel like you don't really understand the big picture.
Be your own advocate so that you're prepared with questions. I'm an overall anxious person so I had done my own research beforehand about different protocols, medication, supplements, etc. and asked him about it. Don't take it personally that he's not warm. If you need more hand holding or emotional support, seek that from his nurses.
Dr. Anderson is not the warm and fuzzy feels doctor. He is straight to the point and can be perceived as cold. I did not mind that. I wanted someone that would answer all of my questions in an honest, efficient manner. I feel like his staff and especially his PA, Joan, makes up for this. I thought the staff was incredibly efficient and friendly. Each time I called the office to ask a question, I always received a prompt call back.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve at 35. My first egg retrieval with Dr. Anderson, this was the protocol for stims: 450 units of gonal F days 1-14 days; cetritide days 6-14; Menopur 75 units days 6-10; Menopur 150 units day 11-14, trigger 15,000 Novarel. Going into egg retrieval I had 8 follicles measuring over 20 mm. At retrieval, he was only able to retrieve 3 mature eggs. 2 fertilized with ICSI and 2 made it to blasto. PGS test results: 1 normal female; 1 mosaic boy. We will be doing a second cycle.
I loved the nurses at this clinic. They were all so warm and encouraging. I only had an issue with 1 nurse who couldn't draw my blood. I've never had an issue with drawing blood from my veins. It was probably day 12 of my stims and as anyone who has gone through stims knows, you usually get your blood drawn at least for the first week every other day and then the last week of stims, it's every day. This nurse tried twice and still couldn't find the vein. She had to call another nurse, who was able to do it painlessly in 3 seconds. Other than that minor inconvenience, I had no other issues with the nursing staff. They were all so sweet.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is run like a well oiled machine. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. If you are there less than an hour, you don't get validation for parking, but it's only $1 or so. The pricing is straight forward and clear. The only weakness is they could give more instructions on supplements to take, diet and exercise restraints.
The costs are clear. Diagnostic blood work was $455. Doctor's fees was $6,205. Laboratory fees $7,550. Newport Beach Surgery Center fees $1,860. PGS testing for 2 embryos was $1,200. Infectious disease screening $600.
He only transfers 1 embryo at a time.
Newport Beach

Dr. Anderson is a to the point kind of guy and I love that. I have a very type A personality so I really needed a doctor who would give me all the facts and not sugar coat it. He is exactly that. ... One embryo one baby is his motto ... I didn’t pick him because I needed a therapist I picked him because I wanted an amazing RE. ... He is super nice and caring but he won’t hold your hand through everything ...
Dr. Anderson is a to the point kind of guy and I love that. I have a very type A personality so I really needed a doctor who would give me all the facts and not sugar coat it. He is exactly that. I knew I could trust him to get us pregnant after our first consultation because he was super thorough and was able to explain what our next steps should be with complete confidence.
He is super nice and caring but he won’t hold your hand through everything, but all of his nurses are amazing and totally make up for it. I didn’t pick him because I needed a therapist I picked him because I wanted an amazing RE.
All of the staff at Dr. Anderson’s office are super warm and welcoming. I never felt like just another patient and I felt like they all kept up to date on what was going on with my treatment.
We are on our 2nd IUI with Dr. Anderson. Both rounds have been 100mg of Clomid days 3-5 with ultrasound monitoring on Day 12 and then trigger shot and back to back inseminations over the next two days. Or first IUI was unsuccessful but we are currently in the middle of our second.
The nursing staff is so on top of it. I went to another RE office before finding Dr. Anderson and that office was a complete mess, I was so nervous that that was what I would have to deal with at any RE practice. This office is a well oiled machine and they are so organized.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I really don’t have anything bad to say about this office. I love all of the nurses so much and Dr. Anderson is amazing at what he does. There is never a wait longer than 10 minutes and all of the staff always know what is going on with every patient.
Costs were comparable with other clinics in the area for an IUI.
One embryo one baby is his motto

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Anderson is extremely smart and care a lot about his outcomes to report to the CDC. He is a smart businessman, too, as seen in his decision to hire nurses with high emotional intelligence to make up for his abruptness and barrier in communicating his compassion and empathy.... Dr. Anderson really pays attention to details and although he sees hundreds of patients every week, he never made me feel like a number.... Dr. Anderson saved my husband and me lots of money and heartache when he questioned a donor's issue
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Anderson really pays attention to details and although he sees hundreds of patients every week, he never made me feel like a number. My friend had great success with him after over five years of infertility issues and I am now trusting him with mine. Dr. Anderson saved my husband and me lots of money and heartache when he questioned a donor's issue with not providing good eggs for her two previous intended parents. I'm glad he asked for a genetic test and report because we discovered she had a genetic issue, too. I'm grateful for Dr. Anderson!
His bedside manner is not the best but I don't mind because he is really smart and knows his stuff.
After a failed retrieval and failed cycle with Frederick of HRC, he tried Follistim one more time with no results. We moved to the egg donor route after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: They rotate them, which is confusing for me.)
HRC and Dr. Anderson's offices are very different in the protocol they used. HRC recommended birth control for the stimulation and retrieval process. I get their business process: they wanted to maximize the time Dr. Frederick has when she is scheduled for the surgery center. This process also made it easier to schedule my life and for the care coordinator to communicate what was coming next and schedule dates and times for appointments. Dr. Anderson does not want his patients on birth control as he sees it as a way to develop immature eggs and he likes to orchestrate the retrieval at the best time and adjust the medication dosage, etc., as the cycle rolls on. Dr. Anderson's agility made for a session by session protocol for next steps. The nurses did their best to communicate everything but coming from HRC where everything is planned out, their process left much to be desired.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is responsive and gets back to you quickly. They are always willing to answer questions and never make you feel less than for asking them. It is clear they have been working together for years and they have their process down pat.
I don't remember exact costs, however they did go up between when we first saw him in 2015 and then again in 2017. Becareful when you are paying... Sometimes the lady that collects the payment is in a good mood and most of the time she is not.
We aren't there yet.
Newport Beach

Dr Anderson takes his job very seriously and is very focused on customizing the protocol and treatment plan to your personal situation. Unlike other doctors we saw who did not really take us seriously, he was very diligent and focused to develop a plan that suited us.... All embryos that made it to day 5 were PGS tested - this was NOT optional - as Dr Anderson doesn't want to waste your time, emotions and money transferring embryos with a dismal chance of success.
Dr Anderson takes his job very seriously and is very focused on customizing the protocol and treatment plan to your personal situation. Unlike other doctors we saw who did not really take us seriously, he was very diligent and focused to develop a plan that suited us. His clinic is very successful at what they do because he puts a lot of focus into each case. They are very busy, but Dr Anderson and his team never seem rushed or unfocused - I always feel like my case and treatment is important to him and his team.
Listen to his recommendations, he looks at the data and analyzes your situation in detail, so I've found his treatment plans to be much more effective than other doctors we have worked with. His success rates are among the best in the country, so trust him - he wants you to succeed.
The staff at the clinic is very warm and comforting. I always felt like I had their focus during my appts. Dr Anderson works hard to customize treatment for EVERY person he is working with, no protocol is the same.
Dr Anderson monitored blood work and ultrasounds himself throughout our protocol and adjusted the amount of medicine based on how my body responded throughout the process. For the retrieval, the medicines used were: menopur, follistim, ganirilex, pregnyl, tramadol, and doxycycline. He had my stims go about 4-5 days longer than my prior IVF cycle (at another clinic) to ensure we retrieved all the mature eggs we could. The medication dose was also about 3x the other clinic. The other clinic was NOT monitoring my hormone levels throughout the stims and just provided a very "one size fits all" protocol. We saw MUCH better results with the retrieval with Dr Anderson's customized protocol. All embryos that made it to day 5 were PGS tested - this was NOT optional - as Dr Anderson doesn't want to waste your time, emotions and money transferring embryos with a dismal chance of success. I appreciated that, as well. We were overjoyed to have 7 PGS normal embryos by the end of the retrieval cycle. For the FET, the medicines used were: progesterone, delestrogen, dexamethasone, baby asprin, methylprednisolone, prednisone and doxycycline. I also took a prenatal multi vitamin, magnesium, probiotics and CoQ10. The steriods were for inflamation, the baby asprin was to minimize clotting issues. Delestrogen and progesterone were to manage my body's cycle so we can line up the implantation window. After the FET ended in a chemical pregnancy, we are now going through an ERA biopsy cycle to confirm the implantation window for my body before another FET attempt.
I love the nursing staff at this clinic. They are very warm and kind and make this stressful process much easier.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall, I'm very happy with the clinic. There is a parking fee for the lot which is annoying, but that is about the only weakness I can think of. The staff is great and they are all very goal oriented. The office runs very efficiently, I've been in to the office maybe 25-30 times now and generally my wait time is less than 5 minutes. Only 2x have I waited more than 15 minutes.
There are global fees for the retrieval and the transfer cycles which include all visits and monitoring within that cycle. The initial consult with Dr Anderson was free - which I haven't see with any other clinic we have visited. For the retrieval, there was an additional fee (noted on the pricing provided) for the surgery center in the building. The medication pricing and acupuncture costs were the only items not noted specifically on the pricing they provided before the cycle started. They did offer a 10% discount since we were a cash client and had a specific insurance provider which was nice.
I understand the reason for eSET and believe that it will be the safest for the baby and myself in the long run.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Anderson is thorough and knows his stuff. He’s not the warmest person but I kind of like that. He keeps me rooted in reality and doesn’t give me false hope. Because of that, when he gives me hope I feel that I can genuinely trust it. He’s always available and genuinely wants to help you conceive.... Dr. Anderson isn’t going to be your cheerleader, he’s going to be your real true best friend. The kind who will tell you the truth whether it’s what you want to hear or not. His nurses are amazing at cheering you on but he’s not your emotional support, he’s your scientist who’s going to keep it real.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Anderson is very much to the point. When I ask for a consultation I can get it but he himself isn’t deeply emotionally attached to my situation. His nurses are though! I genuinely feel them rooting for me. He’s like the mastermind focused on the science and medical research and his nurses are the cheerleaders.
I conceived my son naturally on our first try so struggling to conceive a second child was shocking. After all tests and surgeries were completed, my AMH was the only concern but he isn’t very concerned about it. It’s 0.36. He suggested timed intercourse with Clomid, monitoring and trigger shot but I opted to be more aggressive and do IUI. I had a serious negative reaction to Clomid so he suggested injectables. Due to costs I asked for Femara and he agreed. Two failed Femara cycles later, we are doing timed intercourse without trigger for 3 cycles then will move on to IVF in January with new insurance.
The nursing staff is my favorite part of the clinic! They genuinely are rooting for me! They always call back and are very helpful. I never feel like I am a burden and they answer all me questions, including questions where they have to talk to Dr. Anderson and get back to me. I simply love them!!
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I am not sure how to answer this. The clinic is open 7 days a week and is a well oiled machine. They even came in 30 minutes early for me because of my work schedule. Maybe the only con would be the long wait time to make that initial appointment. Dr. Anderson only sees new patients on certain days.
Each IUI has been about $1,500 cash pay.
Dr. Anderson is firm about one embryo, one baby. We haven’t discussed it but I know his policy is one embryo, one baby.
Newport Beach

Dr Anderson is a perfectionist. His practice is based on both evidence-based research and his extensive experience in the field. He is direct, concise, and sets realistic expectations. He does not like failure and will do everything in his power to ensure success. Dr Anderson makes most of his calls and performs most monitoring appointments.... He also performs frozen embryo transfers only and highly recommends PGS testing of embryos to decrease risk of miscarriages/increase clinical pregnancy rates.
Dr Anderson is very direct but very realistic. He runs a tight ship in his office because he wants optimal results for all patients.
Dr Anderson’s success rates are among the highest in the nation because he relies on evidence-based research. This includes his “one embryo, one baby” transfer approach. This reduces the risks associated with multiple gestation pregnancies. He also performs frozen embryo transfers only and highly recommends PGS testing of embryos to decrease risk of miscarriages/increase clinical pregnancy rates.
All of Dr Anderson’s nurses are compassionate and caring. They will hold your hand during appointments when your significant other cannot make them. They ensure that you have an understanding of the treatment plan at the end of each appointment. They do not come across as rushed and perform most patient education duties.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic is well run. The office staff is friendly and fun and really make appointments enjoyable. Making an appointment is simple and there are usually a variety of morning monitoring appointments to choose from. The office is open 7 days a week with the exception of possibly 2 major holidays.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments are usually quick. Typically we never waited more than 15 mins to be seen. The whole appointment usually lasted 15 minutes which included an ultrasound, blood draw, and medication administration education.
For each retrieval cycle we paid approximately $18,000 including medications, monitoring, retrieval, lab fees, etc...
“One embryo, one baby” is part of SCCRM’s Mission Statement.

3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Anderson has a personalized treatment plan for each patient based on the unique situation of every couple... There was no set calendar. Dr. Anderson did the ultrasound and blood test on Day 3 to decide if this month was a good month to start the IVF based on my antral follicle count and FSH level...Dr. Anderson performs almost all of the procedures himself and calls patients for dosage adjustments. Dr. Anderson is very accessible. His care for patients is demonstrated in his effort
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
FYI, this is a detailed review. Please take some time to read it. After experiencing 2 IVFs with 2 different fertility clinics, I learned that fertility specialists can be very different. We carefully selected our doctors by comparing published IVF success rate reports on both the US government's CDC and the SART. Even though both doctors had comparably high national success rates, my previous doctor failed us terribly while Dr. Anderson helped us toward achieving the goal of pregnancy. Here is why. MY STORY I am 39 with diminished ovarian reserve (FSH 11.1, AMH 1.33). A few hours after the very first consultation with my previous doctor, we were given the calendar of dates for the injectable, the dosage and also the egg retrieval date without her doing any physical exam or ultrasound on me. Because of her reported high success rate, I chose to trust her even though I felt I was being treated like a number. Little did I know that it was so wrong to follow a set calendar without the doctor even knowing how my body would respond to the meds. After 31 days of birth control pills (which compromised my ovarian reserve even more) and 10 days of injectable, my eggs were retrieved before they became mature (5 eggs with Estradiol 394) because the retrieval date was scheduled two months prior. All of my retrieved eggs died on Day 3. The doctor told me to consider donor eggs because she "cannot make miracles happen." We felt desperate because even the fertility specialist with a high success rate could not help us. However, when we found Dr. Anderson six month later, it was a totally different story. There was no set calendar. Dr. Anderson did the ultrasound and blood test on Day 3 to decide if this month was a good month to start the IVF based on my antral follicle count and FSH level. Once the cycle started, I was monitored closely every other day and eventually every day before egg retrieval. Injectable dosage was adjusted based on each ultrasound and blood test. I had a total of 7 ultrasounds during the cycle compared to 4 with my previous doctor. I was given injectable for 14 days instead of 10 days with my previous doctor. With my AMH down to 0.87, Dr. Anderson managed to retrieve 8 eggs and had 3 embryos survive to Day 5 for PGS testing and 2 embryos came out with a normal PGS result. One boy and one girl! We were thrilled with the result. It was the miracle my previous doctor said she could not make happen. Although the published success rate on CDC of both my previous doctor and Dr. Anderson are among the highest in the nation, one clinic has a false/misleading high success rate because they cherry pick patients to boost up their rate. They pick easy patients with minor fertility problems or couples with no fertility issues but need gender selection. They simply turn down patients with real fertility issues by suggesting donor eggs without trying to solve the problem. On the other hand, Dr. Anderson is up to challenges and welcome couples who are struggling with serious fertility issues. He encourages couples who have experienced failed IVFs by offering free 2nd opinion consultation. And his success rate is not compromised at all. DOCTOR Dr. Anderson has nearly 30 years of experience practicing reproductive medicine. He is professional, knowledgeable, analytical, and focuses on maximizing the chance of success. He insists on the best methodology and protocol that gets the best result for each patient. He is more interested in what the best approaches are as opposed to what the patients want. The personalized, tailored approach is designed for each couple based on their unique situation. Dr. Anderson does not compromise on quality. He follows everyone's own natural cycle and initiates the treatment at the best time for the body. Dr. Anderson himself is not only confident and straightforward, but also detailed, thorough and observant. He is very efficient and is a no-nonsense doctor. In my first consultation with him, he walked into the office and the first question he had for me was " Where is your embryo report? Why don't I see your embryo report?" Apparently he had already read through all of my files before he met me. I had no embryo report because none of my embryos survived long enough to be tested. Unlike other doctors who take time asking the same questions you had already answered on your long application form or patient portal weeks before the consultation, Dr. Anderson knows your history even before he meets you and he goes straight to the point. Most fertility clinics have several doctors, but Dr. Anderson runs the SCCRM by himself and he performs hundreds of cycles annually. Unlike other clinics where ultrasound technicians do the ultrasounds and nurses call you for injectable dosage changes, Dr. Anderson performs almost all of the procedures himself and calls patients for dosage adjustments. Dr. Anderson is very accessible. His care for patients is demonstrated in his effort to maximize the chances of getting patients pregnant, and not by crying along with them while talking about how hard infertility is. Dr. Anderson is there to get one job done and he does it well. He is down-to-earth and he does not over-promise or sugarcoat things. Dr. Anderson is on the cutting edge of reproductive medicine. He travels around the world to participate and present in conferences held by world-renowned reproductive medicine organizations like ASRM, ESHRE and Instituto Bernabeu. He gathers the new knowledge and the latest technology and incorporates it into treatment for his patients in Newport Beach. He collaborates with researchers and also has an internal research program in his lab. Dr. Anderson has spent his life improving IVF success rates toward 100%. Last but not least, Dr. Anderson holds high ethical standards. When the scandal of UCI's fertility center happened in 1995, Dr. Anderson was the only doctor who was willing to adopt thousands of abandoned frozen embryos while other doctors chose to stay clear of the scandal's taint. Without asking for a payment, Dr. Anderson and his staff then began the tedious process of trying to track down the parents of those embryos from all over the world in order to find the best disposition for the orphan embryos. CLINIC Wait time is minimal, usually less than 30 minutes. Appointments are efficient and effective. I am always in and out quickly and able to get back to work on time. Staff is very friendly, warm and accommodating. I was surprised that each staff member tried their best to pronounce my Chinese name correctly even though I have an American nickname - that shows their level of respect. It is easy to contact the nurses. If the nurses are with other patients while you call, they will call you back within a few hours. During the cycle, patients are informed of the blood test result a few hours after the blood draw. It is considerate of them to require IVF patients to have sperm frozen for backup just in case the male partner cannot produce a sample on the retrieval day. They also provide some emergency injectable for borrowing just in case patients run out of meds and are unable to get refills in time. The nurses are informative and great educators teaching patients how to administer injectable. The patient portal provides easy access to the doctor’s prescriptions, instructions, and the follicle sizes, blood test results in few hours after your visit. IVF SUCCESS RATE Dr. Anderson's outstanding IVF success rate can be obtained on the CDC & SART website. The number says it all. He is one of the nation's top fertility doctors with one of the highest success rates. PAYMENT Unlike other facilities where one pays a package rate up front, you pay as you go during the cycle. The injectable Dr. Anderson prescribes is less pricy than the most expensive meds. Not only does the pharmacy they recommend have lower prices in the area, but it also accepts the First Steps Program which provides a 5%-75% discount off injectable based on income. No advertisements or commercials selling lucrative supplements in the office. Nurses teach patients how to collect and use the leftover medication in each cartridge, so no wasting of injectable - a money saver. It was also a plus that nurses taught me how to mix two injectable/meds together, so that I could inject less shots into myself. CONS Since Dr. Anderson has a personalized approach to each patient and the medication dosage is constantly adjusted according to the response of your body, it is understandably hard to predict what dosage you will need throughout the cycle. You may need to refill the injectable during the cycle. Also, the egg retrieval day depends on the growth of the follicles, so having a flexible work schedule would certainly help you. These are the inevitable trade-offs that stem from a customized treatment designed to maximize success. This is the necessary byproduct required to achieve the best result, so I am not complaining. Lastly, I always think it is unfair to judge a doctor based on whether you become pregnant or not. Getting pregnant involves a lot of factors such us timing, your physical condition at a given point, the protocol being used, the expertise of the lab, etc. Thus, I tried to give my review in an objective way and analyzed what I have experienced in Dr. Anderson's office in every aspect I can think of. I hope this review helps people who are struggling with fertility and good luck on your journey.
It would be nice if the clinic can provide instructions which help fertility, for example food, exercise, sleep, etc. Instructions of sex during any treatment would be helpful too.
Dr. Anderson has a personalized treatment plan for each patient based on the unique situation of every couple. Staff is very friendly, warm and accommodating. I was surprised that each staff member tried their best to pronounce my Chinese name correctly even though I have an American nickname - that shows their level of respect.
Antagonist protocol with Follistim to start the ivf cycle. Menopur were added later. Total 17 eggs in 2 retrievals with a low AMH 0.87.
Describe your experience with your nurse at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Yeh)
Nursing staff are very friendly, warm and accommodating. They see patients as friends and they really hope all the patients to have babies.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Wait time is minimal, usually less than 30 minutes. Appointments are efficient and effective. I am always in and out quickly and able to get back to work on time. Clinic is clean and organized. Warm bagels are provided on weekends.
Appointments are quick and efficient. wait time is usually less than 30 minutes. The clinic is a well-oiled machine.
It is about $16K for Dr. Anderson. Not including the cost of surgical center $2K, and injectables $5K
Dr. Anderson advocates " One embryo, one baby." He definitely does not want multiple embryo transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Anderson is a problem solver! He leaves no stone unturned. He doesn't give up easily. ... Dr. Anderson put me on a much higher dose of follistim. We end up stimulating a few days longer than my last doctor. And although he retrieved the same amount of eggs as my last doctor, he was able to obtain *6 NORMAL EMBRYOS!* (all pgs tested) that is 3x the amount of my last doctor!!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Anderson is a problem solver! He leaves no stone unturned. He doesn't give up easily. Our case is especially difficult but I know that Dr. Anderson is doing everything he possibly can to get us pregnant!
Don't let his hard exterior fool you. He may not be the friendliest doctor but he is a genius! This guy knows what he's doing so trust in him.
Dr. Anderson is incredible. Every patient has their own personalized treatment plan, so you never feel like just a number.
Ive had 2 failed iui's 2 failed ivf transfers from a previous doctor. My husband and I were so disappointed because I was only 28 years old at the time and that doctor was only able to retrieve 2 pgs tested embryos. Since we were out of embryos, we decided to see dr. Anderson for our second round of treatment. Dr. Anderson put me on a much higher dose of follistim. We end up stimulating a few days longer than my last doctor. And although he retrieved the same amount of eggs as my last doctor, he was able to obtain *6 NORMAL EMBRYOS!* (all pgs tested) that is 3x the amount of my last doctor!!
The nursing staff is incredible! You are not assigned a primary nurse. They work together as a team and they're all very knowledgeable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My only complain is that sometimes I wish I could email or call a nurse directly. All calls go through the front desk, so you have to leave a message and wait for a nurse to call back. The nurses will usually get back to you by the end of the day.
For the most part Monitoring appointments were any time of the week at any time! Yes you heard that right. Dr. Anderson does not a have a set calendar for his patients because he customizes his protocol for each patient. If your embryos are ready to be taken out on a holiday, he will likely do a retrieval on that day. You don't work around his schedule. He works around your body's responsiveness.
"One embryo, one baby."

1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Anderson doesn't have the warmest demeanor, but he's a great doctor, knows his stuff, stays on top of the latest research, is always available and on time, and has a dedicated, loyal, and long tenured staff which says a lot to me.... Dr. A doesn't believe in using birth control to control your cycles, so your cycle start dates always depend on your own natural menstrual cycle. He is a researcher and SCCRM is his clinic, so he will make changes to protocols based on the latest research, and your own situation.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Anderson doesn't have the warmest demeanor, but he's a great doctor, knows his stuff, stays on top of the latest research, is always available and on time, and has a dedicated, loyal, and long tenured staff which says a lot to me. He's a straight shooter and can be blunt, but not unkind, and I always felt like he had my best interests in mind. I trusted him which is more than I can say for my previous RE.
Make a consultation appt. if you have questions you want to ask Dr. A that can't be asked quickly during an office appt. The office monitoring visits are scheduled close together (which is great because it accommodates easy scheduling, but doesn't allow much time to talk).
Everyone in the office is kind, on top of your care, and takes the time to answer questions, teach you injection techniques, and to ask how you are doing. Dr. Anderson is not a warm and fuzzy doctor, but always promptly returned my calls and would answer my questions honestly.
Dr. A doesn't believe in using birth control to control your cycles, so your cycle start dates always depend on your own natural menstrual cycle. He is a researcher and SCCRM is his clinic, so he will make changes to protocols based on the latest research, and your own situation. My second retrieval with Dr. A resulted in massive fluid retention in my abdomen so when I did a third retrieval, he gave me the "long protocol" which included Lupron. (I don't recall the other details.) He also ran recurrent pregnancy loss labs on me and made changes to my FET protocol based on my history. The biggest challenge I ran into was a thin endometrial lining. One cycle was canceled because my lining actually got thinner on estrogen. For the next cycle, which I'm in now, he added GCSF (which I did once before) and vaginal viagra. Once I have this embryo transfer, I will start Lovenox, given my history of miscarriages.
I LOVE the nurses at SCCRM! They are on top of their game, always call me back within a few hours of me calling, are always helpful, patient, kind, and organized. One nurse told me she had prayed for me after my miscarriage. They are just wonderful people, and most of them have been working at SCCRM for many years.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They open at 6:30am on weekdays (amazing!!), at 8am on weekends (rare and great!), serve bagels on weekends (so nice!), nearly always run on time (truly rare), and are a well oiled machine. I can't say anything bad about them.
For retrieval, IVF and lab processing, PGS testing 10-13 embryos, and freezing (incl. meds): ~$23,000. FET cycle (incl. meds): ~$3500.
Dr. A ONLY does single embryo transfers and recommends PGS testing for everyone and all embryos. I asked about transferring two, given my history, age, etc. but he discouraged me due to the risk of premature birth.
Newport Beach
there are plenty of opportunities to ask questions of Dr. Anderson himself. He’s very busy, so there’s no a lot of small talk, but he will take time to answer questions. Also, when I called after hours, it was Dr. Anderson who called me back (not a nurse)...uses natural monitoring, so patients start based on their natural menstrual cycle (not birth control). He tailors protocols to each patient and adjusts the medication after each visit. We went with PGS testing as it didn’t seem like not doing it was an option. We only did IVF. He gave us the statistics on IUI and said IVF was a better chance for us, but would do IUI if we had wanted.
European, South Asian
I got to see and interact with Dr. Anderson frequently. He did the majority of my ultrasounds (a nurse practitioner did the others), so I got to see him a lot. He also makes every call with updates on medication himself. Therefore, there are plenty of opportunities to ask questions of Dr. Anderson himself. He’s very busy, so there’s no a lot of small talk, but he will take time to answer questions. Also, when I called after hours, it was Dr. Anderson who called me back (not a nurse).
If you have a failed cycle, ask for a meeting afterwards to discuss other options. I didn’t think to do that and they didn’t offer. My first cycle resulted in only one normal embryo; I got pregnant but miscarried. For the second cycle, Dr. Anderson didn’t change my protocol much, and I didn’t get any normal embryos. I wish I had asked for a follow-up meeting to see if he would have changed anything for a third cycle.
The staff all knew me and were helpful and supportive. I would rotate between different nurses each visit, but would usually see the same few. When I would call with a question, I would usually get to talk to a nurse on that call (as opposed to waiting for a call back later in the day).
Dr. Anderson uses natural monitoring, so patients start based on their natural menstrual cycle (not birth control). He tailors protocols to each patient and adjusts the medication after each visit. We went with PGS testing as it didn’t seem like not doing it was an option. We only did IVF. He gave us the statistics on IUI and said IVF was a better chance for us, but would do IUI if we had wanted.
The nurses are great. Each visit starts with a nurse and a blood draw, then Dr. Anderson or the nurse practitioner comes in for the ultrasound. The nurse stays, so if you still have questions after the ultrasound, someone will still be with you. Also, the nurses are the ones to teach you how to do the injections.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Now that I have been a patient at two clinics and consulted with a few others, I can say that Dr. Anderson and his clinic are among the best. Getting to see and talk to the doctor on a regular basis is not something that happens at every clinic. The staff are better than those at other clinics too. Even though I didn’t get a baby, I know Dr. Anderson’s success rates are high and I would still recommend him and his clinic. Egg retrieval is done in the same building and Dr. Anderson is always on time. Embryo transfer is also done in the same building.
Total cost for one IVF was around $25K-$30K (including meds, which differs for everyone). There was a little discount the second cycle.
If PGS testing is done, then only one embryo is allowed to be transferred. If more than one is requested, the patient has to sign a document. I didn’t ask to transfer more than one, so I can’t say how the discussion with the doctor would go in that scenario.

2012 - 2017
Although Dr. Anderson might not have the best “bedside” manner in terms of being warm and fuzzy, or what many might expect, he is truthful, professional, incredibly knowledgeable and experienced... After 4 failed IUIs, I started the IVF process. Dr. Anderson’s protocol is to do only frozen transfer cycles, to let the body “reset” so to speak after the hormone started cycle and egg retrieval... Dr. Anderson transfers 5-day blastocysts and strongly recommends genetic screening of the embryos (PGS)
2012 - 2017
Although Dr. Anderson might not have the best “bedside” manner in terms of being warm and fuzzy, or what many might expect, he is truthful, professional, incredibly knowledgeable and experienced, and he ultimately helped me achieve pregnancy and have a beautiful son. That’s what I paid him for; not to hold my hand and be warm and fuzzy. I actually somewhat enjoyed his dry sense of humor and appreciated him cutting to the chase. Although he might rub some people the wrong way upon first impression, he is a wonderful doctor and a pioneer in the field.
Don’t judge him by his personality upon first impression. He is not warm and fuzzy, but he is blunt and cuts to the chase. He is an incredibly skilled doctor.
I felt that the care was personalized, the staff always answered any questions I had, and greeted me with opens arms no matter how long of a break I would take between cycles.
I did 2 IUI cycles with clomid and then switched to injectables, since the clomid thinned out my uterine lining too much. After 4 failed IUIs, I started the IVF process. Dr. Anderson’s protocol is to do only frozen transfer cycles, to let the body “reset” so to speak after the hormone started cycle and egg retrieval. I did my transfer the following month after my egg retrieval. Dr. Anderson transfers 5-day blastocysts and strongly recommends genetic screening of the embryos (PGS), which I did; hence, his philosophy of “1embryo, 1baby” (the theory being that if the embryo is found to be genetically normal, chances are much higher that a pregnancy will be achieved wirh one embryo). Out of 3 embryos biopsied, 2 were normal, one was transferred. I had a pregnancy and live birth from this transfer. Last year, I did a frozen embryo transfer with my other embryo and it was negative.
They are great. They are compassionate, professional, and promptly call back to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My experiences were all positive. The staff makes you feel welcome and are very professional, from the receptionists to the nurses. All calls are promptly returned. While this clinic is more pricey than many, it is worth it.
As I recall, my full IVF cycle with transfer, including medication and PGS, was about $18,500, probably a little bit more. My frozen embryo transfer cycle (with my second embryo) was about $3500.
Dr. Anderson’s philosophy is “1 embryo, 1 baby,” using genetic screening (PGS), as multiple pregnancies tend to have greater complications. I had a successful pregnancy with my first single embryo transfer, but a negative result with my second one.
Newport Beach

He [Dr. Robert Anderson] is open to options on different protocols for the meds which is hopeful. and he is very knowledgeable. His history has good results but his bed side manner is horrible. He is definitely not warm and fuzzy. He does come across as pompous and not very kind...His nursing staff is excellent and a good team. They are pretty quick on their timing and getting you in for your appointment. The nurses took time to explain and got back right away on emails with the answers.
East Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish, Other
He is open to options on different protocols for the meds which is hopeful. and he is very knowledgeable. His history has good results but his bed side manner is horrible. He is definitely not warm and fuzzy. He does come across as pompous and not very kind.
Focus on getting results and don't be offended by his attitude or demeanor. Work with the lovely nurse staff.
Mixing of menopur and gonal F was something new I tried with him. I stayed on a higher dosage of gonal F for many days longer than previously taken. We were hoping to get all 6 follicles to a size of 18mm or larger before extraction. I took menopur, gonal F, ganirelix and then the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Kingsbury)
All of the nurse staff are very knowledgeable. They are great at drawing blood and it not hurting. They explained the mixing and drugs and shots very clearly with paperwork and notes. Email communication was very organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Location is very accessible in Newport Beach. You do have to pay for parking but it is minimal. It's a small office so you bump into people you might know or literally in passing in the hallway. It runs smooth and they are knowledgeable. I wish Dr. Anderson had a better personality but his nurse staff makes up for it.
waiting room was mostly empty when I was waiting, but it moved quickly. Didn't run too far behind.
IVF with pgs fee schedule with donor Day 3 labs $415 admin coordination fee $1000 Dr Professional fees $5315 Lab fees $6550 Surgery Center Fee $1860 frozen embryo fee $1620 lab fees $800
He prefers single after genetic testing with PGS/PGD

8 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I had 8 failed IUIs and one failed IVF cycle when I came to him [Dr. Robert Anderson] . After one egg retrieval, he refused to take any more of my money if I chose to proceed with my own eggs because they were lacking in number and quality. I respected his opinion although it was difficult to hear. He never pressured me to do anything I wasn't ready for (donor) but offered his professional opinion. I am currently pregnant with a little boy using donor eggs which he recommended. He was right! Because of him, I will have a little boy in July and I have 9 frozen and healthy embryos for future use. He opened the door to a possibility (more children) I didn't even consider because I thought I would be lucky to even have one child.
8 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
He is an amazing doctor with high standards and ethics. He is honest and trustworthy. He made me feel at ease and comfortable every step of the way. He was blunt and didn't sugar coat things. He made sure I understood everything he did along the way. He was understanding and sympathetic to a woman going through fertility treatment. He showed compassion and empathy. I truly felt he had my best interest at heart and he was genuinely happy for me or sad for me depending on what was happening.
If you don't get pregnant, it may not be possible. He is thorough and honest whether you like it or not. He's completely ethical and up to date on all the recent fertility treatments.
He treated me with respect and dignity. He was honest and ethical.
I had 8 failed IUIs and one failed IVF cycle when I came to him. After one egg retrieval, he refused to take any more of my money if I chose to proceed with my own eggs because they were lacking in number and quality. I respected his opinion although it was difficult to hear. He never pressured me to do anything I wasn't ready for (donor) but offered his professional opinion. I am currently pregnant with a little boy using donor eggs which he recommended. He was right! Because of him, I will have a little boy in July and I have 9 frozen and healthy embryos for future use. He opened the door to a possibility (more children) I didn't even consider because I thought I would be lucky to even have one child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Krista )
Krista was so squared away and so sweet. She was a great communicator and was so supportive throughout the whole process. I truly felt she cared about me personally and was looking out for my best interest.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
strengths: organization, communication, ethical medical treatment, hardly ever a wait for appointments, efficient, compassionate, knowledgeable, up to date fertility treatment protocol, effective. Cons: none
An entire cycle cost approximately 20k including medications (sold by pharmacy) and genetic testing.
He is so Successful with singleton transfers there's not reason to transfer more embryos if they've been genetically tested (unless you want multiples). I was told his success rate with singletons is 85% and am currently pregnant with the single embryo transferred.
Newport Beach
Dr. Anderson is a technical expert and his nurses are better with the bed side manner.... I would recommend Dr. Anderson because he has been very successful with a lot of people. I received a lot of recommendations to go to see him and I continue to hear success stories. While I wasn’t able to go thru with egg retrieval because I didn’t have enough mature follicles, he does work for others.... I started the necessary injections and about half way thru the week I found out during one of my appointments that my follicles weren’t growing to the size needed to undergo egg retrieval.
European, Latino
Not to rush into IVF and look at other treatment options like acupuncture. Try and find a doctor that resonates with you.
I had already gone thru three IUIs prior to Dr. Anderson so we discusssed IVF. I started the necessary injections and about half way thru the week I found out during one of my appointments that my follicles weren’t growing to the size needed to undergo egg retrieval. This was ultimately converted to an IUI and unfortunately that wasn’t successful.
The nursing staff all tried their best, I struggled with not having one consistent nurse Day after day. Each morning that I would come in for my ultrasound, I would see a different nurse. Each nurse has a different bedside manner and they are reserved with what they say. Since this was my first time, each time I went in for an appointment I was looking for some comment to affirm things were going well. I can understand the nurses have to be careful regarding what they say so they don’t offer false hope, but some basic information would be helpful during this very emotional period.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Anderson’s reputation for success is well know and that is what drew me here. I overlooked the soft skills knowing he has been very successful with others. Since then I have pursued less invasive and chemical approaches and I have been receiving great results. While I wasn’t successful, I would recommend him.
$6-$8,000

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
My protocol [with Dr. Anderson] was unique in that it was an embryo transfer only, with donor embryos. I was on progesterone and estrogen injections, as well as prednisone...He was candid and honest with us about what to expect, and all the steps in the process, as well as his recommendations. He was always straightforward and efficient in his communication with us. Some may not like his blunt bedside manner, but this is what I prefer- no beating around the bush! He made me feel informed and confident about how to proceed. He ensured all our questions were answered, and took the time to explain things that were not explained from our previous RE, even if it did not relate to the current cycle. I would definitely recommend him to others!
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
We worked with Dr. Anderson for a donor embryo transfer at his clinic. He was the doctor on staff back in 1997 when this embryo was created, and he knew all about it. He was candid and honest with us about what to expect, and all the steps in the process, as well as his recommendations. He was always straightforward and efficient in his communication with us. Some may not like his blunt bedside manner, but this is what I prefer- no beating around the bush! He made me feel informed and confident about how to proceed. He ensured all our questions were answered, and took the time to explain things that were not explained from our previous RE, even if it did not relate to the current cycle. I would definitely recommend him to others!
Ask all the questions you have along the way to make sure you are comfortable with your treatment plan. Dr. Anderson will answer your questions honestly, and I believe you can trust his responses.
Dr. Anderson is very blunt and upfront about treatment and options, which I really like, but others may find cold. His office staff was very personable and easy to talk to. They remembered me after a few times of calling them. Joanne in particular was so encouraging and caring through the whole process.
My protocol was unique in that it was an embryo transfer only, with donor embryos. I was on progesterone and estrogen injections, as well as prednisone.
The nursing staff was efficient and professional. Joanne (NP) in particular was the most compassionate and amazing nurse that I worked with through all of my fertility treatments at any clinic! She called my on a Sunday and late in the evenings with updates and to check in, which was such an encouragement during a stressful time.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: clean, efficient, good location (easy to access from OC airport- I flew in from Denver), compassionate and organized team Weaknesses: occasionally I had to call to get the ball rolling and ensure that I knew the next steps
We spent $4200 to thaw and grow our group of seven embryos, then cryopreserve them once more. We spent $5000 on the transfer itself, plus medications.
Dr. Anderson prefers eSET. He encouraged this, as well as genetic screening. We did not pursue genetic screening, but we did eSET.
Newport Beach

He [Dr. Robert Anderson] adjusts your protocol on a nearly daily basis based on YOUR results that day, not a cookie-cutter formula he follows for everyone. I have referred two friends to him and even though we are all the same age with similar profiles, he adjusted us very differently based on our responses...He adjusts your protocol on a nearly daily basis based on YOUR results that day, not a cookie-cutter formula he follows for everyone. I have referred two friends to him and even though we are all the same age with similar profiles, he adjusted us very differently based on our responses...Dr. Anderson is very rigid in his opinions and protocols, so know that he is going to insist on doing it his way.
His definitely comes off as very confident in his approach and can be a big gruff at times, however the attitude is in my opinion very merited as his individual attention, constant monitoring and readjusting, and overall protocol produces success. I was referred by a friend who had a successful IVF her first round with him. I chose him of the 3 REs I interviewed and could not be happier. I took two transfers for success, but only a single retrieval. I then referred two other women who both had success in a single round of IVF, both having failed IVF cycles at other clinics. For example, he does retrievals 7 days a week, so that the optimal retrieval is based on YOUR follicle growth and your situation, and not on his schedule. I honestly +cannot praise him high enough.
Trust him! He knows his stuff. His results speak for themselves.
I was on Gonal-F/Follistim to start, 325 iu/day, which was adjust daily based on ultrasounds and blood results. Eventually we reduced those and added in Ganarelix and Menopur until trigger. We didn't trigger until my largest follicle was 28, which had me worried, but we got 30 eggs, 20 of which fertilized. He always does ICSI, assisted hatching and PGS testing. For the FET I was on Del Estrogen IM shots and then we added in the PIO. As I had a failed FET in the past, he also had me do intrallipids a few days before transfer to help with lining. He also includes Baby Aspirin, Claritin and Pepcid as part of the protocol.
The nursing staff was lovely and caring, and generally very skilled. There was one nurse who constantly had to ask the others questions and seemed less experienced, but she might have been new.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Anderson is very rigid in his opinions and protocols, so know that he is going to insist on doing it his way. Luckily, his way is based on years of experience and constantly looking at ways to improve his success rates. I have referred several friends to him and all became pregnant in one IVF cycle. I would not never have referred them if I did not believe in him wholeheartedly.
It was about 18k for the IVF round with PGS testing and FET.
His motto is 'One Embryo, One Baby' so he really only does eSETs.
Newport Beach

He [Dr Anderson] was efficient and knowledgeable. He is involved in up and coming research and uses all the most up to date, researched methods. He is confident and has the track record and knowledge to back it up...He didn't do any of our IUIs. But he is still actively involved in all cases. He has his own office but spends most of his time with patients and in the hallways with his staff...
He was efficient and knowledgeable. He is involved in up and coming research and uses all the most up to date, researched methods. He is confident and has the track record and knowledge to back it up.
Everyone at the office knew our names. They set appointments so you were never there with other women who were pregnant and in first trimester care. They followed up after we were released and made an effort to meet our son.
He wants us to do 3 rounds of IUI with clomid. I had a previous failed pregnancy so he wanted to try that first. We were battling male factor infertility. After the hose failed he sat down with us and went over a treatment plan for IVF. He encouraged ICSI and genetic testing. He also was adamant about freezing all embryos so my body could recover before transferring one healthy embryo. I'm so grateful for that as I could imagine my body taking on a pregnancy less than a week after egg retrieval. My body was a mess and I'm so glad to had had that to,e to recover.
All PAs and NPs were wonderful. They were so caring and respectful. We still keep in touch even with the admin staff!
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They are efficient and respectful of your time. We never waited more than 5 minutes. They had early appointments (6am!) and were open 7 days a week! They originally had two locations but closed the one closest to us but we still went out of our way because we love the staff!
Probably a little bit more then other places but wmostly due to his insistence for genetic testing and ICSI.

2013 - 2015
Dr. Anderson is not the warm and fuzzy type. He is pretty much all business and gives pretty blunt responses and treatment recommendations. This can be off putting when you first meet him, especially if you are in an emotional state. But, he is great at what he does....Although I personally prefer a doctor that can joke around about to lighten the mood, I completely trusted Dr. Anderson's recommendations and how my treatments were managed.
2013 - 2015
Dr. Anderson is not the warm and fuzzy type. He is pretty much all business and gives pretty blunt responses and treatment recommendations. This can be off putting when you first meet him, especially if you are in an emotional state. But, he is great at what he does. He understands infertility and all of its issues. He has created treatment procedures that have good success rates and his courses of treatment recommendations are based off multiple factors that he tests. Although I personally prefer a doctor that can joke around about to lighten the mood, I completely trusted Dr. Anderson's recommendations and how my treatments were managed.
Don't let his personality put you off.
Dr. Anderson's office is a very well oiled machine, so you are in and out of your appointment in under 15 minutes usually. This could leave some people feeling like just a number, but I always felt my concerns were addressed and my visit was just efficient. They see so many people and require those going through a treatment cycle to be seen in the morning, so they need to be good on time management and efficiency.
Our issue was male factor infertility (MFI). This was determined by a semen analysis. Dr. Anderson recommended we do 3 rounds of IUI with clomid based on an additional test that I call "the hamster egg test" (because I can't remember the actual name). Basically, that test checked to see how well my husband's spermicide could penetrate an egg. It had a great response, so we were able to try iui first. If the response had not been good, we likely would have had to go directly to IVF. We did 3 rounds of iui with clomid that all failed. Dr. Anderson then recommended iui with injectables. But, before we moved on to this more costly treatment, it was recommended I undergo a laporoscopy to make sure I didn't have any conditions that would prevent a pregnancy, such as endometriosis or blocked Fallopian tubes. I had the procedure and was cleared. We were told we could do 3 or 4 rounds of iui with injectables before we should consider moving to IVF. We did 1 round that failed then took a 6 month break before we decided to move to IVF.
The nurses were incredibly knowledgable and awesome. And, even if you only saw the nurse during your visit, they constantly communicated with the doctor to ensure your treatment was going as well as possible.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is a very well oiled machine. It runs very smoothly and everyone always seemed to be on the same page with my treatment, which was comforting. If I had any questions, they would be answered with little delay. The only drawback was that their only office was a 30 minute drive, which was hard some cycles, especially during times I was coming in multiple times a week. But, the level of treatment was worth it.

2013 - 2014
Dr. [Anderson] was rather dismissive of my questions and concerns regarding timing, follicle size, etc...He was dismissive of my concerns about various parts of the process (based in past experience - I was attempting to conceive my second child). When I had a failed IVF elsewhere, and returned for a second opinion consult to get an idea of what thoughts were about what should have been done differently, his answer was I should have had the cycle with him..
2013 - 2014
I found him rather arrogant. He was dismissive of my concerns about various parts of the process (based in past experience - I was attempting to conceive my second child). When I had a failed IVF elsewhere, and returned for a second opinion consult to get an idea of what thoughts were about what should have been done differently, his answer was I should have had the cycle with him, and no I couldn't have the first time discount (which seemed for people first time with him for IVF) because I'd decided not to go with him initially. It was really obnoxious, and unhelpful, particularly for someone coming off a disaster of an IVF.
Ditch any desires you have about bedside manner.
The process was very impersonal - everything up to and including scheduling - like if I knew I was going to do back to back IUIs, and needed childcare or only had a certain window of time in which I could come, I still couldn't schedule both appointments because it was just their policy to do one at a time. Hostility when trying to work around scheduling issues. Dr. was rather dismissive of my questions and concerns regarding timing, follicle size, etc.
If I recall correctly, I only did unmedicated IUIs, with monitoring (ultrasound, bloodwork), and a trigger shot. I believe he triggered when follicles were too small, and he insisted on back to back inseminations even after questioning, though the timing (12 and 36 hours, roughly) didn't seem right at all and I was using donor sperm (expensive, limited quantity).
They were ok. Terrible at blood draws and not so good at IUIs either (I'm not the easiest on either count, but others have done far far better), but nice enough.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I do believe he had a solid lab, which is why I considered him for IVF, despite the less than stellar experience I had with IUI. His prices were expensive and I didn't feel like I got any particular expertise out of it.
I can't recall, but quite expensive - maybe close to 1k per IUI (back to back, ultrasounds, monitoring) given out of pocket.
Newport Beach

Dr. Anderson is professional and communicates every step of the way. We are never left guessing. I've had a great experience so far even though I haven't been successful "yet". I truly believe he wants to find the reason why were not conceiving and/or get us pregnant. ... But after the failed frozen transfer he went straight to an ERA cycle which I was very happy about. I like that he wanted more answers before transferring again.
He is very thorough and doesnt jump ahead. Dont ask "what-if's" when you're waiting on results. He waits until all results are in before discussing next courses of treatment.
Dr. Anderson personally calls you almost daily with updates and medication info. He is extremely professional and in my opinion a wonderful Dr.
I'm not sure what to say about his protocol since I have nothing to compare it to. But after the failed frozen transfer he went straight to an ERA cycle which I was very happy about. I like that he wanted more answers before transferring again.
The nursing staff here are phenomenal! They are all very nice and just on top of things. I honestly havent met anyone I dont like. The respond in a timely manner when you call with questions as well.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinics strengths are definitely their streamlined approach. It runs like a well oiled machine. You're in and out quick and not in a bad way. I've seen a total of 3 RE's and I dont want to go anywhere else. I felt rushed at the other clinics.
IVF costs totaled, so far, at 26k. We are paying for are 2nd FET soon costing another 4k.
I believe that Dr. Anderson's approach with single embryo transfers make complete sense. If they are pgs normal embryos with no other factors, the transfer should work. In my case, my body is what's complicating the matter unfortunately.

2014 - 2019
Dr Anderson is very professional in his demeanor, what made me feel human rather than a number is his he paid careful attention to my case and came up with a very customized treatment, not a one size fits all approach. He pays attention to details and is extremely thorough with his care. ... He is thorough, he is on the forefront of cutting edge practices, and at the same time he does not put the patient through anything that is unnecessary.
2014 - 2019
Dr Anderson is a leading doctor who I trust completely. I used to spend hours researching my condition and with him I was able to let that go and trust his recommendations which was a huge relief. He is thorough, he is on the forefront of cutting edge practices, and at the same time he does not put the patient through anything that is unnecessary. He does not give up and we are extremely thankful for his care in helping us achieve two successful pregnancies after my history of multiple losses.
Trust what he says. Don’t expect a warm fuzzy relationship but know that you are in the best hands and that he cares and knows what he is doing.
I LOVE the nursing staff! They are thorough, communicate well and they are wonderfully caring. You know they want success for you and it shows.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths are superior care and industry knowledge resulting in successful pregnancies, even in extremely difficult situations. Professional and caring staff. The cost is completely worth it. No weaknesses at all.
Standard costs
Newport Beach
I like Dr Anderson. He is a results driven Dr, however, he recommended egg donor way to quickly. He never tested my AMH levels and after two cycles of not getting our embryos past day 3, he recommended donor eggs. He didn’t really explain why my eggs are bad quality and never gave me a diagnosis. He is not the best at explaining what he is doing. He never changed my protocol. He has great results, but I felt disappointed with how quickly he gave up on my case.
Be your own advocate. Demand to know what he is doing.
Dr Anderson was polite. He doesn’t have the best bedside manner, but his nurses are great and help balance it out.
He used to antagonist protocol for both of my cycles. I asked if we should change the protocol for my 2nd cycle and he said no. He said the antagonist was the best for my situation and hat each cycle is a new one.
They are a very warm and kind group of women.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They pride themselves on not a one size fits all approach. I didn’t feel they tried to work with me and changing up protocols. Their SART numbers are great, but maybe it’s because they give up on difficult cases too soon. My husband is male infertility and I felt that they didn’t deal with my husband’s sperm issues. The clinics strengths are they are easy to work with and very efficient as far as appointment times etc.
It’s about 20,00 per cycle, plus meds and pgs testing.
He will only do single embryo transfers.
Newport Beach

Dr. Anderson is intelligent, efficient, and runs his office very well. He did almost all of my ultrasounds, the retrieval, and made almost all the phone calls with medication and embryo updates. He is blunt and straightforward so expect that. I feel Dr. Anderson is very competent and knowledgable. I would absolutely recommend him again...Dr. Anderson used Follistim (325) , Ganirelix (1) and Menopur (1) for 12 days. I began adding the Menopur and Ganirelix after 3 days of Follistim. It was never discussed why this specific protocol was used.
If you need a doctor to be on the softer and comforting side, perhaps Dr Anderson is not the right RE for you.
Dr. Anderson always calls you personally with your updates. He read our file prior to our consultation and understood our personal situation. He never pressured us to do anything (at other consults I experienced this)
Dr. Anderson's kind and competent nurses are the perfect counterbalance to his more direct demeanor. The NP Joanne is amazing. She always made me feel encouraged. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Anderson's nurses. I really like everyone that works there. Even the receptionists are really kind.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Amazing. I've never waited for more than a few minutes. They are efficient. Very strong team.
I wasn't working at the time so I can't really say. But, from what I saw to me this office runs like a "well oiled machine" i never had any issues. I was in and out.
about 20 K. I spent another $3870 on meds so far.
Dr. Anderson only transfers PGS tested frozen day 5 embryos.

4 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
After meeting with Dr. Anderson, he seemed very knowledgable and his approach made sense to me compared to other REIs we had consulted. His success rate was also impressive. I knew I wanted PGS testing done and that I did not want more than embryo transferred due to the risk of multiples. Some other REIs I met with will often try to talk women my age into 2 embryos, which didn't make sense to me with PGS.... the way he practiced made sense to me and I was hopeful he would help us get pregnant, which he did
4 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
It's a very streamlined clinic, which I greatly appreciated. I didn't necessarily feel like I was an unique patient, but this was also not something I was interested in. I went there because the way he practiced made sense to me and I was hopeful he would help us get pregnant, which he did. I also appreciated the efficiency after going to a different clinic and waiting for hours.
I took Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirelex for the retrieval with hCG. For the transfer it was IM estradiol, progesterone, aspirin, loratidine, famotidine, dexamethasone, then medrol, and then prednisone.
Very efficient and responsive to questions and phone calls.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - Very efficient
4,451.93 retrieval meds 260 consult 4315 Physician IVF retrieval fee 6550 IVF lab retrieval fee 1,500.00 Surgi Center 360 anesthesia 2300 PGS testing 1620 Dr. Anderson embryo transfer 800 lab - ovagen for embryo thaw and prep 950 - retrieval meds Total spent ~ 23,200
Newport Beach

He [Dr. Anderson] has a very dry cut personality and very blunt and to the point. He seemed to know His stuff but at times was hard to get over his harsher personality. I felt like he sometimes would say one thing and go back on it at a later date. ... He was very cautious how many eggs he grew to size before doing the IUI. ... He’s good but don’t expect a real sensitive side.
He has a very dry cut personality and very blunt and to the point. He seemed to know His stuff but at times was hard to get over his harsher personality. I felt like he sometimes would say one thing and go back on it at a later date. I’ve seen another Dr since to get a second opinion and have been gives more details about our infertility that was not given at Anderson’s. This makes me question weather or not he had given us all the facts.
He’s good but don’t expect a real sensitive side.
They team there was amazing and made us feel comfortable and made the process easier to go through.
Not sure of all the details. I don’t have all the meds recorded. He was very cautious how many eggs he grew to size before doing the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan, Karen )
I absolutely loved Joan she was kind compassionate and sensitive through every step and every cycle. The nursing staff was also very sweet and helpful.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They were super clean and organized. They always ran close to my appt time...i never waited long for an appt. On the weekends they provided bagels i thought that was a nice touch for their patients.
Each visit ranged from $150- $230 depending on ultrasounds or injections or if they drew bloodwork. With the meds one round of IUI came out to over 3k
I feel like there should be a balance and it should be partially up to the patient wether or not to implant one or more. Ther should be more factors that play. He said initially during our first consultation that it depends on age. When we met with him again about moving forward with IVF he said he only does one for every patient.

2012 - 2016
Dr. Anderson runs a tight ship. He respects the cost to the patients--financial, physical, emotional, and time--and this is felt from top to bottom throughout the practice....Dr. Anderson cycles you according to your body, which is why the clinic is open 364 days a year (I think it's closed Christmas). He doses the medication according to every blood test. He's definitely a scientist. And his embryo lab is so good that seven other repro endos use it.
2012 - 2016
He is wickedly smart but reserved. He under primaries and over delivers. He is cool, calm, and collected. His mellow disposition is a perfect energy for the stresses that come with infertility.
Don't mistake his lack of sales pitch with lack of expertise. The proof is in the pudding.
Dr. Anderson expects that his nurses operate with the same efficiency and clarity that he does.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It's top of the line. You are never more than five minutes later than scheduled appointments. Your phone calls with dosages and blood results happen on time and the open line of communication is outstanding. I can call any time and get seen by the doctor.
$15k
Robert Anderson

He [Dr. Anderson] and his team are really involved and you see them frequently so you feel well cared for.... I think he is candid without being cold. He makes you feel like he’s very involved. He personally calls you with results. His PA is very warm and compassionate. He could do more to educated/inform you of what’s going on along the way. He requires a lot of appointments which forces you to put all your plans on hold.
Nothing
He and his team are really involved and you see them frequently so you feel well cared for.
Very helpful. Not all of them are excellent at drawing blood but they are all very nice and take time to make sure you understand. One nurse even dropped off medication at my house.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I thought they were professional and friendly. I would say it met what I would expect for a doctors office in which you are paying a lot of money for treatment. Offices are nice. Parking is easy although you have to pay for it at every week day visit.
Newport Beach

I think that Dr Anderson is very knowledgeable and contrary to what others say, he is friendly. He tailors each protocol to what needs to be accomplished for each patient. I have yet to have success but I know it’s coming!... Dr. Anderson takes the time to explain the procedure and to review.... Started the cycle with follistim at 250 units and then added granilix and Menopur. Was able to mix the Menopur with follistim to inject with one needle.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! He is always to the point and will tell you exactly what he thinks.
Dr. Anderson takes the time to explain the procedure and to review.
Every nurse is sweet as can be. They are very compassionate and encouraging. They are knowledgeable and very intelligent.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is top notch. Very organized and every detail is gone over in regards to financial. The waiting room is inviting and the clinical rooms are clean and modern. You have to pay for parking but what is $3 compared to paying for IVF :)
About $18000 for egg retrieval
He is very set on his way of only transferring one embryo. While my last clinic encouraged two, I see why Dr Anderson prefers one. He sees it as an extra risk to transfer two.
Newport Beach

Dr. Anderson is very direct but very good at what he does. He doesn't sugarcoat anything. It is what it is. But I'd rather have a skilled Dr that a Dr that just tells me what I want to hear. I trust Dr. Anderson's opinion completely and know he did his best to get the best outcome for me....My protocol was specifically for me. Dr. Anderson monitored me very closely and changed my meds as needed....Be prepared for a Dr. that is very direct.
Be prepared for a Dr. that is very direct.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone at the clinic knows you by name. I had been to other infertility doctors before that never knew me or my patient history. This office is very organized and everyone is very friendly and helpful! I also love that I could come in for appointments as early as 7am and they are open on the weekends as well. I was always seen within 15 minutes of my appointment time.
About 17,000 for monitoring and egg rertrieval

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Most of our care was provided by Joan the NP and she was very personable, always friendly and offered a shoulder to cry on if needed...Dr Anderson's clinical results were staggering. He was very upfront with his recommendations and his expectations of our treatment. We chose to follow all of his recommendations and we are another success story to add to his positive results.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Have a lot of cash.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Describe the protocols Robert Anderson used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr Anderson pretty much requires freeze all and pgs testing for all patients. He has an over 80% success rate for FET with single pgs tested embryos. We followed his recommendations and had success.
The nurses were nearly all very sweet. I wasn't assigned to a particular nurse but they all had access to the information in the computer system. Most ultrasounds were handled by Joan the NP as well.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This clinic is quite expensive but provides excellent care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center.
The entire fresh cycle, including pgs testing and a FET one month later, cost about $20,000.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Southern California Reproductive Center
Burbank [Closed]

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Prepare to wait in waiting room [for Dr. Robert Anderson]...He managed follistim closely to not grow a lot of eggs for IUI...Wouldn’t start IVF w me with only 6 follicles...He was arrogant, upfront, honest and very busy doctor. I know a lot of people had a lot of success w him but we didn’t... I liked how he called you directly instead of the nurses w your next day medication...
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
He was arrogant, upfront, honest and very busy doctor. I know a lot of people had a lot of success w him but we didn’t. His nurses were amazing though. Office was very nice. I liked how he called you directly instead of the nurses w your next day medication.
Prepare to wait in waiting room
Wouldn’t start IVF w me with only 6 follicles
He managed follistim closely to not grow a lot of eggs for IUI
Every single one of them was kind and knowledgeable!
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Busy but was efficient . They were in the middle of a remodel and it was tricky but they used the space appropriately. Office staff was great at booking appointments and so nice. Cccccccccccbbbbbbbbbbb
Very reasonable
1 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
While Dr. Anderson is very straight forward and not necessarily warm and fuzzy, he is great at what he does and makes you feel confident in his care.
1 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
While Dr. Anderson is very straight forward and not necessarily warm and fuzzy, he is great at what he does and makes youbfeel confident in his care. He is excited and knowledgeable about his field and invested in helping disoriented be successful.
He can come off abrupt but have faith he knows what he is doing.
Dr. Anderson and his staff were well aware of my medical history and compassionate about my experiences with rpl. They were ve
They were also knowledgeable and compassionate. They were rooting for me all the way and took great care of me.
Newport Beach

He [Dr. Robert Anderson] has a rather complex steroid treatment through the whole preparation of lining and after transfer which worked well for me. He does not overdiagnose uterine abnormalities, which I feel my previous doctor did...He has a very thorough protocol for uterine lining, using two daily shots of hormone (I can't remember if it is progesterone or estrogen)...He's thorough and to the point. Other than for the actual procedures and exam, your communication will be done through nurses.
Dr. Anderson has great success rates and does all transfers himself. I had a frozen embryo from my own eggs transferred to his clinic. His prices are very reasonable. He has a very thorough protocol for uterine lining, using two daily shots of hormone (I can't remember if it is progesterone or estrogen). He also has his patients on low-dose steroids, which worked well for me because I have Hashimoto's, although Dr. Anderson did not think this was a problem.
Dr. Anderson was very nice, and his nurses were also nice.
I only did an embryo transfer with Dr. Anderson. The embryo was created at a different lab. He was willing to do the transfer and his lab people were great at communicating with me about the delivery. He uses injections of progesterone twice a day, at 1mL, which was much less painful than at my previous clinic where I originally was going to transfer, which had a single shot of 2mL. He has a rather complex steroid treatment through the whole preparation of lining and after transfer which worked well for me. He does not overdiagnose uterine abnormalities, which I feel my previous doctor did.
There were different nurses each day, some were better than others.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strength: high success rate, only one doctor so you know that the success rate is due to him and his lab. Weakness: all non-person communication is done through nurses. I think this is necessary for the clinic to run, but I think everyone would prefer to talk to the doctor.
I had an ultrasound and he looked inside my uterus, it was around $700. I had a transfer, it was about $2400 I think.
I believe he exclusively does eSET.

3 IUI, 3 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
He’s [Dr. Anderson] straight forward and honest. Not super warm. ... He’s very knowledgeable and I felt like he was really following me and adjusting me as I needed. Not just a protocol. We got the furthest we have ever gotten with him. ... Customized protocols. He was honest about what he thought. ... One thing he doesn’t do is put you on BCP and does blood work frequently and bases meds on the blood levels.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
He’s straight forward and honest. Not super warm. But he gets results. He’s very knowledgeable and I felt like he was really following me and adjusting me as I needed. Not just a protocol. We got the furthest we have ever gotten with him.
He’s not very warm and fuzzy. But he really knows what he’s doing.
Customized protocols. He was honest about what he thought.
They were all really nice and empathic.
Describe your experience with S CA Center for Reproductive Medicine.
You have to pay for parking less then 30 mins. He’s very busy. Has his own lab. I think he’s the best option in Orange County area. The staff is great and he’s really honest. He doesn’t want to just get your money. He wants to make sure the numbers are right.
He won’t do multiples because of risk. I appreciated that.