HRC

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolUSC
ResidencyUSC
FellowshipUSC
15503 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
1220 La Venta Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Boostanfar to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
3 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Boostanfar] is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.... Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron.
3 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
He is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Have a list of questions ready. He is very knowledgable but gives the impression of also being quite busy, and unless you ask questions the appointment will go very quickly and you may not get all the info you want. Overall, though, I think he knows what he is doing and is very good at what he does.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Consultations go pretty quickly, with not a lot of extraneous information given. He is very friendly and professional, but doesn't spend a lot of extra time going over results or the WHY of things.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron. I did not respond well, however, so we're changing the protocol next time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Bahereh)
She is great at going through and explaining what to expect and what comes next, as well as answering any questions that you may have forgotten to ask the doctor. Patient and professional, and seems to really care about my success.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Overall very happy with the clinic. Clean, short waits, professional staff and many services offered. Prices seem in line with other clinics as well. Didn't get great results on my first attempt, but hopeful that with a tweaked protocol will improve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
Medication, monitoring, and the actual retrieval costs (anesthesia, etc), as well as the cost of freezing the eggs.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Boostanfar has good bedside manners. When he first diagnosed me with infertility I was crying. He hugged me and reassured me everything was going to be ok. He seems very knowledgeable with infertility and creates custom protocols....He is comforting and empathetic. He gave me confidence when I was nervous for egg retrieval. Shares success stories of women with similar conditions to give me confidence and boost my optimism.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Dr. Boostanfar has good bedside manners. He is comforting and empathetic. He gave me confidence when I was nervous for egg retrieval. Shares success stories of women with similar conditions to give me confidence and boost my optimism.
Ask questions and why he's doing certain protocols.
After 2 HSG tests my results for my right ovary was still unclear. I mentioned that my childhood gynecologist believed I had endometriosis. Dr. Boostanfar recommended that I take care of my endometriosis before starting IVF. He was insistent about laparoscopic surgery with robotics. At that time there were no qualified doctors in Los Angeles to perform that procedure and he referred me to Dr. Nazaht in San Francisco. Dr. Nazaht removed my stage 2 & 3 endo from my uterus and colon. He also repaired my uterus that was beginning to become bicornuate. Dr. Nazaht also diagnosed me with one ovary (lost right side due to torsion). Then started IVF. Did PGS testing and ERA. ERA identified that my lining was inflamed possibly due to endometriosis and therefore began depot lupron procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
My nurse saved me! She is amazing and I don't think I could go through this journey without her. She gives me the confidence I need and reassures me that I'm ok when I have mental breakdowns.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The HRC lab is onsite and their facilities are clean. One negative is there is no free parking onsite. Recommendation is to schedule appointments first thing in the morning because they are less busy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
They told me the IVF cycle was going to cost about $20K-25K not including medications. Including medications, I will be spending around $35k for this IVF cycle.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
My doctor scared me about multiple embryo transfer and the potential health risks.
Encino
Dr. Boostanfar has excellent bedside manner. He immediately understood that this was not my "first rodeo" and did not waste my time with basic information that I already knew. He listened and understood my concerns and provided options and knowledgeable feedback.... He runs a busy practice, and although at times it may seem like he is in a hurry, he takes the time to answer all of my questions.... Express your goals and concerns with him.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Dr. Boostanfar is knowledgeable in his field and direct/to the point, which I appreciate. He runs a busy practice, and although at times it may seem like he is in a hurry, he takes the time to answer all of my questions. His nurse is extremely competent and effective as well.
Express your goals and concerns with him. He is open to exploring options and making a decision with you as a doctor/patient team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC.
My nurse/care coordinator is excellent. As with any professional medical office, you will mostly communicate with the nursing staff regarding scheduling, information, small concerns, etc. and this clinic clearly has armed itself with a competent and effective staff. Do no overlook the importance of a knowledgable and communicative nurse, because it can make all the difference in your experience.
Describe your experience with HRC.
HRC has an excellent reputation in southern California, and their popularity is evident. Despite a sometimes busy waiting room, appointments typically run on time or close to the scheduled time. Appointments are quick but comprehensive. I have seen the doctor at every visit. My only constructive comment is that the financial/insurance department can be somewhat confusing at times. There were occasional unexpected add-on charges and it was difficult to understand clearance with my insurance and the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
For one fresh cycle, including transfer and medications, the total is roughly $15,000.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr.B[oostanfar] is extremely confident and great at what he does. He has taken my negative thoughts about infertility and given me some hope...He thoroughly explained everything, went over tests that needed to be done, and after these tests we all sat down and went over options. My results were given to me right away with every test. Dr.Boostanfar let me decide what I wanted to do, even though I trusted his judgment and allowed him to help me make decisions. He also saw me for every appointment, which I thought was amazing.
European, Latino
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
When we first met Dr. boostanfar we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when it came to the infertility world. He thoroughly explained everything, went over tests that needed to be done, and after these tests we all sat down and went over options. My results were given to me right away with every test. Dr.Boostanfar let me decide what I wanted to do, even though I trusted his judgment and allowed him to help me make decisions. He also saw me for every appointment, which I thought was amazing.
Dr. B is so thoughtful and considerate of what we’re going through. I’d talk to him about what your feeling as much as possible and be open with him about everything, he does the best he can to help you feel at ease.
Dr.B is extremely confident and great at what he does. He has taken my negative thoughts about infertility and given me some hope. My husband and I are still under his care and we will only be seeing him for future children because he makes us feel so special and takes care of us like he would his own family members.
Both of my IUIs has different treatments. The first IUI I was on femara and the second I was on femara and injections. Both had negative outcomes, but I only have one tube working (the other was taken out due to blockage). When we decided to do IVF, dr boostanfar made specific plans for my case and adjusted the medication throughout the entire IVF process. After every ultrasound he made adjustments accordingly and we got 32 eggs out of it! 22 fertilized and 16 were sent off for biopsies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Brandy Platt )
Brandy is awesome! She is extremely organized, responds to emails and phone calls so quickly, and she’s so compassionate as well. I’d highly recommend her if you have the choice!
Describe your experience with HRC.
This clinic is amazing. You never have to wait for too long to get in and see a doctor. I’ve never waited more than 20 minutes in the waiting room and they have so much staff (that are friendly of course) that it makes it easy every time I go in and get blood work or an ultrasound done.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
The appointments I made have always been on time regardless of the time of day. I never had to wait too long to see the doctor or nurse.
Not sure
We are going through this process right now but I believe he likes single embryo transfers due to the risk of the embryo splitting, which apparently happens frequently.
Encino
Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal [during treatment with Dr. Boostanfar]. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval...He does a lot of IVF cycles. Appointments were always very quick - he would answer questions if I asked but I always got the feeling I was bothering him with my questions since he was very busy and ready to go to his next patient. I don't feel that the treatment was explained to me very well and I had to spend a lot of time on forums/google to better understand what was going on.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Be your own advocate or be okay to just go along with the standard program and not question it (I know some people don't want to know).
It's a large clinic and so it's to be expected that one is more like a number than a person.
Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC.
I loved my nurse and she was a strong factor for me considering staying with HRC/Dr. Boostanfar. I am ambivalent with the doctor but loved my nurse. She is very organized, knowledgeable, made sure to help me keep my medicine cost low, fast to respond and really tried to manage my nerves. When she was out I did deal with other staff members but my nurse was the best that I had to work with.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The facilities are very nice though parking can sometimes be hard to find. There was no / minimal wait times which I really appreciate. The surgery center is attached to the office so that is very convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
It's standard for what I've seen. It's still expensive and the add-ons really add extra costs but I don't think it was very different than other clinics in the area.
It was suggested to transfer two PGS normals and the mention of risks was very brief and lasted perhaps 5 seconds of are you okay with twins even though I've read a lot that two PGS normals for someone less than 35 but brief explanations were par on course for everything else so this was not surprising.
2013 - 2015
8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Boostanfar] was kind and direct. Sometimes he seemed impatient or quick to move things along which can be perceived as impatient. He explained things well but sometimes seemed disconnected to the experience....like he couldn't directly relate. Overall he felt very experienced however, I wish we had done some things differently. Like testing for my progesterone level before the transfers...He was good about listening to my concerns and not pushing me out the door at least for the 1st few cycles.
2013 - 2015
8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
He was kind and direct. Sometimes he seemed impatient or quick to move things along which can be perceived as impatient. He explained things well but sometimes seemed disconnected to the experience....like he couldn't directly relate. Overall he felt very experienced however, I wish we had done some things differently. Like testing for my progesterone level before the transfers.
Go as prepared and researched as possible. Write your questions down and maybe email them so that he's had time to look over them first.
He was good about listening to my concerns and not pushing me out the door at least for the 1st few cycles. Towards the last the few cycles it seemed our consultations after were brief to me. I would see him for exams and pre and post retrievals and transfers. I don't know if my repeated disappointment was projected on to him and then he felt it harder to deal my transfer failure. I'm not sure.
we did only 3 day transfers. The last cycle we tried for a 5 day blastocyst. the embryo died between day 3 and 5. i don't remember specific medications but I remember that he said they were aggressive however in my Facebook support groups other women had more aggressive protocols so I do question that. Also, after my last cycle I suggested we test for the progesterone level only to find out that my progesterone level was short for a transfer. I wish we had done this before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Leticia and others)
All of the nurses were pretty good and caring. After my first cycle it seemed like the nurses kept rotating so I always saw a different nurse. That was annoying.
Describe your experience with HRC.
It seemed towards the last few cycles I felt more like a number. The clinic was very clean. I didn't like them moving where I received my acupuncture treatment into an open space. I loved that they offered acupuncture treatment there. The equipment seemed very up to date.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
i don't remember specific. i know i've spent well over 30k during the cycles. probably closer to 50k
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr. Boostanfar is decisive and has great bedside manner... He didn't just have a default protocol which he stuck to, he came up with something different for me and tweaked it along the way depending on what he saw during our visits.
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Dr. Robert Boostanfar: There are no words to express my gratitude for this man and his staff. After 9 years of marriage without contraception, 5 years of trying to conceive, multiple specialists, 7 failed IUIs, and 1 failed IVF cycle we decided to seek out the best fertility doctor in the country regardless of proximity to our home. Dr. Boostanfar was that guy and thank god we found him. He is decisive and has great bedside manner. He explains things well, but doesn't speak to you like an idiot. His technique and skill is impeccable. Every step of the way was focused on me and my responses. He didn't just have a default protocol which he stuck to, he came up with something different for me and tweaked it along the way depending on what he saw during our visits. The best part of this story is that he got me pregnant on my first cycle with him AND we have 3 more frozen embryos waiting!! I can say with all honesty that Dr. Boostanfar is the best fertility doctor in the country.
GO SEE HIM IMMEDIATELY! I wish we saw him sooner.
Dr. Boostanfar is decisive and has great bedside manner. He explains things well, but doesn't speak to you like an idiot. Every step of the way was focused on me and my responses. He didn't just have a default protocol which he stuck to, he came up with something different for me and tweaked it along the way depending on what he saw during our visits. He made us feel like we were family. He hugged me, my husband, and my parents. He always took time to say hello to everyone, even if they were out in the lobby.
Birth control, Lupron, Menopur. 400 x more successful then my last cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Shanise Ahseim)
I love Shanise. She was responsive and always answered my numerous questions with a smile.
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Dr Boostanfar and his PA, Wendy, were very personable and I feel they truly cared about the outcome of my cycle. After diagnostic/monitoring appointments we would meet in a conference room to discuss his findings and recommendations.... Dr Boostanfar was very empathetic and I can tell he truly cared. He gave me a hug on egg retrieval day. He was a ray of sunshine during a very dark time in my life. He was very flexible with my circumstances as I had to travel almost 1200 miles from home.
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
As stated previously, Dr Boostanfar was very empathetic and I can tell he truly cared. He gave me a hug on egg retrieval day. He was a ray of sunshine during a very dark time in my life. He was very flexible with my circumstances as I had to travel almost 1200 miles from home.
Trust in his knowledge. Take a deep breath and let him take care of it all. Sometimes too much knowledge can cause anxiety and I wish I would've sit back a little bit more without worrying about Every. Single. Step. Impossible, right?
Dr Boostanfar and his PA, Wendy, were very personable and I feel they truly cared about the outcome of my cycle. After diagnostic/monitoring appointments we would meet in a conference room to discuss his findings and recommendations. I have been through treatments in other clinics where the only way to describe the cycle is "like a bunch of cows being herded through." This was absolutely not the case with Dr Boostanfar.
I did a round of IVF/ICSI with 5 day transfer of 3 embryos. I was on the Ganirelix protocol, which scared me because I had ovulated prior to retrieval during a cycle with a different RE. He was very sensitive to my concerns and explained why he thought this was still an appropriate choice and monitored me closely. I did successfully make it to retrieval under his care with 18 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy (PA) was involved in a research study and took on a lot of my care. She was amazing. Very patient, which is unclear to me HOW she could have been so attentive as I was a very anxious patient! She was quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I called with so many questions that probably were silly to her, but she never made me feel uncomfortable asking. She was present during my retrieval as it was a difficult procedure and it was so nice having her familiar face. I cannot thank her enough, mostly for putting up with me.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic is very clean and quaint. I never felt hurried and the wait time was never long. Clinic staff were extremely helpful and compassionate. The billing department worked well with the company who financed IVF for me. I actually received a fairly significant refund that was completely unexpected a couple of years later as the clinic had done an audit and realized they owed me money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
I don't remember costs, but they were significantly lower than the cost at clinics closer to my hometown.
We had 3 decent embryos and elected to transfer them all. He felt they would not be strong enough to store and it may have increased my success rate. I agreed. I did not get pregnant.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. B [Robert Boostanfar] has the BEST bedside manner. He is friendly and kind, but also to the point. He will explain the risks in a calm and gentle way. He knows this is YOUR life and he wants to do the best for you in a way that works for you.... I was put on a short injectable IVF cycle: 8 days of Follistim, 7 days of Menopur, 3 days of Ganirelix, and an HCG trigger shot (Pregnyl). Even with my low AMH, 18 eggs were retrieved at Egg Retrieval. Unfortunately, only 4 embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Dr. B has the BEST bedside manner. He is friendly and kind, but also to the point. He will explain the risks in a calm and gentle way. He knows this is YOUR life and he wants to do the best for you in a way that works for you.
Trust him.
I was able to contact my nurse anytime, Dr. B always knew about our case and was friendly and encouraging. I felt confident the minute we met him.
I was put on a short injectable IVF cycle: 8 days of Follistim, 7 days of Menopur, 3 days of Ganirelix, and an HCG trigger shot (Pregnyl). Even with my low AMH, 18 eggs were retrieved at Egg Retrieval. Unfortunately, only 4 embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts. We transferred two and froze two and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with a singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Tarika)
Tarika was great. She was available via the phone or email and always got back to me promptly. She knew how anxious I was (am) about the process and she always tried to set my mind at ease.
Describe your experience with HRC.
HRC is in a great location in Encino. It's easy to find parking across the street on Firmament. It's also great because the surgery center is attached! The waiting room is clean and comfortable. It always feels very peaceful. Things usually run on time too!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
At this point, all in, with medication (injectables and other), we have just crossed the 20K mark. It's definitely an expensive process but it WORKS!
Dr. B recommends single transfers for people my age (26), but was totally fine with us asking for two.
Encino
He [Dr Boostanfar] also took the time to get to know my husband and ask what he did for work as my husband was on a very tight schedule. He moved the appt along to accommodate the fact that I wanted my husband in the room for the US....Be on top of your own care and do your research. Do not expect the nurses to lead you through details. Get on forums with other women doing IVF so you can ask them questions and figure out how best to work with your nurse. For me, it means sending multiple emails and being annoying. But whatever gets the job done right? This is my body and my life and I need to know what to expect.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Natalie has not done a good job staying ahead of my plan for treatment. I have had to pull teeth to get any information from her, deadlines may have been missed if I had not taken the lead on many things such as calling in prescriptions and getting authorization from my insurance. When the schedule changed due to the doctor being out of the country, I was not informed until I sent multiple emails demanding to know what the plan was.
The consultation was very informative. He also took the time to get to know my husband and ask what he did for work as my husband was on a very tight schedule. He moved the appt along to accommodate the fact that I wanted my husband in the room for the US.
Describe your experience with HRC.
It's a gorgeous facility! I guess if you're spending that kind of money, it's nice to feel like you're at a fancy hotel, not a cold hospital
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
I have good insurance, so this was not a problem
What specific things went wrong at HRC?
Encino
Both my Husband & I are so thankful we found Dr. Boostanfar. His approach of our fertility process and what he thinks will work and reasons why certain procedures haven't worked we greatly trust. He is compassionate and gives up hope for procedures in the future.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Understand you are not alone and that Dr. Boostanfar will do everything in his power to help you conceive, you just need to be patient and trusting.
The office in the staff was always very friendly, greeting me and my husband by name. Dr. Boostanfar was friendly and sweet in his meetings and discussions with us.
IUI#1= 50mg follistism CD5-12, trigger shot CD 13 + IUI CD14+Cd15 resulted in 3 follicles 17mm & (2)15mm resulted in negative pregnancy test. IUI#2 = 50mg follisitm CD 5-10, menopur but I don't remember the dosage. Trigger was much later this cycle, only produced one large folic @ 22mm, trigger shot CD18, IUI Cd19+Cd20. Resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Barajas)
Very sweet and always answered my questions. We didn't always schedule our appointments with her but she is our main nurse.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Organization of the office and patients is amazing, never waited more than 5 minutes for my appointment. All nurses & staff are extremely friendly and don't make you feel like a stranger.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC.
Each IUI we had, with insurance, cost around $1500-2000.
3 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. B [Boostanfar] was by far the most compassionate RE that I have ever worked with. He called me on his Christmas vacation when he found out that I had miscarried. He wanted to be there for support and also let me know that he was so very sorry that our cycle did not turn out how we all had hoped...He was a dream to work with and shows that he truly has a passion for his career. You will be treated kindly and professionally every step of the way...
3 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
I literally have nothing negative to say about Dr. Boostanfar. He was a dream to work with and shows that he truly has a passion for his career. You will be treated kindly and professionally every step of the way.
Stop your search here, you will not find anyone more knowledgeable or compassionate in the industry.
Dr. B was by far the most compassionate RE that I have ever worked with. He called me on his Christmas vacation when he found out that I had miscarried. He wanted to be there for support and also let me know that he was so very sorry that our cycle did not turn out how we all had hoped.
My protocol was adjusted with each cycle (2 total) and I knew that he was in fact creating a plan that was designed for me. He is not a one size fits all RE.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Maribel Esparza)
Maribel is very knowledgeable and just a kind hearted woman. She was always just a call or email away with questions or concerns that I had. She really made my experience with HRC top notch.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Again I do not have anything negative to say. Everything was completed in house and when I did need to do monitoring close to my home it was easily taken care of at HRC Rancho Cucamonga. The clinic had speedy and accurate communication with one another.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
He is kind and passionate about egg freezing in young women. He is knowledgeable about all the updated information on egg freezing. His clinic's pricing is competitive and his nursing staff is patient and attentive.
Try to have enough $ saved up for a double procedure. I would have liked to have pre-paid for 2 rounds beforehand but didn't and couldn't afford a 2nd.
Dr. Boostanfar makes you feel like your procedure is the most important one he's doing. He takes his time both in the exam room and in his office. He has a wonderful sense of humor and kindness to him. He loves what he does and wants his patients to see success!
They took the time to teach me all about giving myself the shots and even helped get me free samples to help with the cost.
2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My experience was positive. Traveled from across the US to see Dr. Boostanfarand was pleased with the decision. We were treated with respect at every turn. I experienced OHSS after returning home and he was helpful to my local doctors who were inexperienced in treating.... He was willing to consider our input on number transferred and offered insight on options without making us feel pressured.
2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
Ask questions if you don’t understand—he was helpful and patient with us. I don’t feel like we were “needy” patients but if we had been I don’t think it would have been an issue.
He spoke to us with respect, returned calls/communications promptly, explained care and diagnosis thoroughly.
Describe your experience with HRC.
We had no complaints on the clinic itself. We visited from out of state and felt comfortable in the area and the help provided with coordinating a distance visit was appreciated. I was traveling there with a 4 year old without my spouse for part of the stay and they were very helpful in accommodating my needs with him.
2009 - 2011
2 IUI, 7 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Robert Boostanfar] was very talented, concerned, conservative but open to ideas and willing to try new approaches, charismatic and charming, warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and well-studied, sweet and passionate. He never spoke down to us and always had enough time to talk to us if we needed our questions answered.
2009 - 2011
2 IUI, 7 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
He was very talented, concerned, conservative but open to ideas and willing to try new approaches, charismatic and charming, warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and well-studied, sweet and passionate. He never spoke down to us and always had enough time to talk to us if we needed our questions answered.
He can come off as arrogant but it's his confidence as a successful practitioner.
He was very approachable and when my cycles didn't succeed, he really felt disappointed with me. He was there every step of the way. He celebrated with successes and was sad when it did not work but was ready with an action plan to help me keep my head up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Leticia)
She was kind, a great teacher regarding injections, a great listener, approachable and sweet. I miss seeing her.
Male Factor, Immunological
Dr B[oostenfar] is extremely compassionate, kind and gentle...He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind...He is knowledgable... His staff is VERY well trained and is on top of everything
Male Factor, Immunological
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC?
He is a kind and compassionate doctor. He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind.
He is knowledgable
Dr B is extremely compassionate, kind and gentle. His staff is VERY well trained and is on top of everything
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Bahare)
The nurses there are compassionate, kind, well trained and go over and beyond
Describe your experience with HRC.
The surgery center woman (in Encino) could use some compassionate care training - other than that? She truly was nice. I do not have anything that could be suggested here unless you count asking for a 'total fee' of everything and then still being asked to pay
So far, over 25k
What specific things went wrong at HRC?