Good

Encino, CA 91436
Westlake Village
1220 La Venta Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361

Dr. Boostanfar is extremely busy and rushes through his appointments. His bedside manner is gruff and curt. ... He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging. .. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
The office itself is quite attractive and modern. It is a large office and very clean. Upon making my appointment, the staff was very efficient, and my questions were answered quickly by the staff. However, I did not feel like the staff was warm and caring. ... the staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar has had excellent statistics and other people I know have had successful IVF with him. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
If you decide to see Dr. Boostenfar be prepared to be rushed, do not expect answers to questions, and do not expect a gentle demeanor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I saw Dr. Boostanfar twice for consultations. He was very negative both times. He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Since I did not proceed with my IVF using Dr. Boostanfar I only paid for initial genetics counseling which was quite expensive, and for office visits and ultrasounds. His costs seem to be on par with other in fertility doctors in the area.

Surrogacy With Other Docs
he [Dr. Robert Boostanfar] was very forthcoming with treatments and personable. However he yielded the worst results out of 3 doctors I've seen over 3 yrs with no explanation. I was hoping he would be willing to cycle again with a discount but refused...Birth control, micro Lupron, menopure and trigger...he strongly advised against double egg transfer...this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER.
Strengths [at HRC] are explaining some of the procedures and plan of action. The unfortunate part this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER...They [nurses] were very helpful but had a challenging time keeping pace with my treatment protocols. Financial department was on top of everything...was a total of 14k for egg retrieval, $400 for acupuncture, $4k for medications and $300 for vitamins
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
he was very forthcoming with treatments and personable. However he yielded the worst results out of 3 doctors I've seen over 3 yrs with no explanation. I was hoping he would be willing to cycle again with a discount but refused.
know all of the protocols, don't be afraid to ask questions, secure information on how what and why.
dr. Boostanfar was much better than PCFLA Dr. Sahakian by a landslide but yielded much worse results.
Birth control, micro Lupron, menopure and trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
They were very helpful but had a challenging time keeping pace with my treatment protocols. Financial department was on top of everything.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths are explaining some of the procedures and plan of action. The unfortunate part this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
he strongly advised against double egg transfer
Encino

Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal [during treatment with Dr. Boostanfar]. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval...He does a lot of IVF cycles. Appointments were always very quick - he would answer questions if I asked but I always got the feeling I was bothering him with my questions since he was very busy and ready to go to his next patient. I don't feel that the treatment was explained to me very well and I had to spend a lot of time on forums/google to better understand what was going on.
It's a large clinic [HRC] and so it's to be expected that one is more like a number than a person... It's still expensive and the add-ons really add extra costs but I don't think it was very different than other clinics in the area...I loved my nurse and she was a strong factor for me considering staying with HRC/Dr. Boostanfar. I am ambivalent with the doctor but loved my nurse. She is very organized, knowledgeable, made sure to help me keep my medicine cost low, fast to respond and really tried to manage my nerves. When she was out I did deal with other staff members but my nurse was the best that I had to work with.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Be your own advocate or be okay to just go along with the standard program and not question it (I know some people don't want to know).
It's a large clinic and so it's to be expected that one is more like a number than a person.
Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The facilities are very nice though parking can sometimes be hard to find. There was no / minimal wait times which I really appreciate. The surgery center is attached to the office so that is very convenient.
It's standard for what I've seen. It's still expensive and the add-ons really add extra costs but I don't think it was very different than other clinics in the area.
It was suggested to transfer two PGS normals and the mention of risks was very brief and lasted perhaps 5 seconds of are you okay with twins even though I've read a lot that two PGS normals for someone less than 35 but brief explanations were par on course for everything else so this was not surprising.