Good

Westlake Village
1220 La Venta Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361

2018, 3 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Boostanfar] is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.... Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron.
Overall very happy with the clinic [HRC Encino]. Clean, short waits, professional staff and many services offered. Prices seem in line with other clinics as well. Didn't get great results on my first attempt, but hopeful that with a tweaked protocol will improve.... She [nurse] is great at going through and explaining what to expect and what comes next, as well as answering any questions that you may have forgotten to ask the doctor. Patient and professional, and seems to really care about my success.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Have a list of questions ready. He is very knowledgable but gives the impression of also being quite busy, and unless you ask questions the appointment will go very quickly and you may not get all the info you want. Overall, though, I think he knows what he is doing and is very good at what he does.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Consultations go pretty quickly, with not a lot of extraneous information given. He is very friendly and professional, but doesn't spend a lot of extra time going over results or the WHY of things.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron. I did not respond well, however, so we're changing the protocol next time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahereh)
She is great at going through and explaining what to expect and what comes next, as well as answering any questions that you may have forgotten to ask the doctor. Patient and professional, and seems to really care about my success.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Overall very happy with the clinic. Clean, short waits, professional staff and many services offered. Prices seem in line with other clinics as well. Didn't get great results on my first attempt, but hopeful that with a tweaked protocol will improve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Medication, monitoring, and the actual retrieval costs (anesthesia, etc), as well as the cost of freezing the eggs.

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Boostanfar] was kind and direct. Sometimes he seemed impatient or quick to move things along which can be perceived as impatient. He explained things well but sometimes seemed disconnected to the experience....like he couldn't directly relate. Overall he felt very experienced however, I wish we had done some things differently. Like testing for my progesterone level before the transfers...He was good about listening to my concerns and not pushing me out the door at least for the 1st few cycles.
It seemed towards the last few cycles I felt more like a number. The clinic [HRC - Encino] was very clean. I didn't like them moving where I received my acupuncture treatment into an open space. I loved that they offered acupuncture treatment there. The equipment seemed very up to date...All of the nurses were pretty good and caring. After my first cycle it seemed like the nurses kept rotating so I always saw a different nurse. That was annoying.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He was kind and direct. Sometimes he seemed impatient or quick to move things along which can be perceived as impatient. He explained things well but sometimes seemed disconnected to the experience....like he couldn't directly relate. Overall he felt very experienced however, I wish we had done some things differently. Like testing for my progesterone level before the transfers.
Go as prepared and researched as possible. Write your questions down and maybe email them so that he's had time to look over them first.
He was good about listening to my concerns and not pushing me out the door at least for the 1st few cycles. Towards the last the few cycles it seemed our consultations after were brief to me. I would see him for exams and pre and post retrievals and transfers. I don't know if my repeated disappointment was projected on to him and then he felt it harder to deal my transfer failure. I'm not sure.
we did only 3 day transfers. The last cycle we tried for a 5 day blastocyst. the embryo died between day 3 and 5. i don't remember specific medications but I remember that he said they were aggressive however in my Facebook support groups other women had more aggressive protocols so I do question that. Also, after my last cycle I suggested we test for the progesterone level only to find out that my progesterone level was short for a transfer. I wish we had done this before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leticia and others)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It seemed towards the last few cycles I felt more like a number. The clinic was very clean. I didn't like them moving where I received my acupuncture treatment into an open space. I loved that they offered acupuncture treatment there. The equipment seemed very up to date.
i don't remember specific. i know i've spent well over 30k during the cycles. probably closer to 50k