Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyMonmouth Med Ctr
717-544-3553
130 Leader Heights Road
York, PA 17403
717-747-3214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Filer to a friend?

9.7

7.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of PA to a friend?
Dr.Filer is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. He often cites research statistics and facts. I appreciate that he tells you the truth or what would be best without sugar-coating what you may want to hear. I believe he is very personal and friendly. I trust him and feel confident that he is doing everything he can to help us achieve a successful pregnancy...After using clomid, Dr. Filer suggested I switch to Letrozole/Femara...Dr. Filer said we can do IUI 6 with more Gonal F.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Always ask any questions on your mind. Dr.Filer always takes time answering them and doesn't make you feel rushed or as they're invalid questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
All of the staff is so friendly and greets you by name. They know your background & procedure protocol without having to constantly refer to your file and notes.
Describe the protocols Robert Filer used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
After using clomid, Dr. Filer suggested I switch to Letrozole/Femara. My uterine lining responded better and I was producing mature follicles. We switched doses to find what worked (IUI #1-3). For IUI #4 cycle, we incorporated Gonal F injection for a Letrozole/GonalF combo-cycle. I got pregnant with 1 mature follicle. Unfortunately, it ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks due to being Partial Molar & Triploidy. After waiting 6 months, Dr. Filer encouraged us to follow with the same protocol. This time, for IUI #5, I became pregnant with only 1 follicle. Again, it ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks and we are awaiting the testing results. Dr. Filer said we can do IUI 6 with more Gonal F.
They are extremely friendly and know you by name. They are always happy and smiling. The positivity is so helpful.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The office is extremely clean, calm, and welcoming. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA.
My insurance only covers ultrasounds, bloodwork, and some other lab costs (semen analysis). The nurses/receptionists were very patient in sitting down with me to review all of my insurance coverages vs. out-of-pocket responsibilities. They explained everything very clearly.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Dr Filer took time to sit with us to explain everything with compassion and care. I felt like he truly cared about us and our desire to have a baby. He shared in the joys and supported us in the failures.... He determined that the clomid was not working for my lining. We moved on to a combo round and iui then moved onto injectibles with iui. He also determined my prolactin level was high and found a medicine they worked for me. We had a chemical pregnancy.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and know all your options.
Dr Filer always took time to answer my many questions with care and compassion.
I came to Dr Filer on my 6th round of clamor from my oh. He allowed us to do timed IUI that round. He determined that the clomid was not working for my lining. We moved on to a combo round and iui then moved onto injectibles with iui. He also determined my prolactin level was high and found a medicine they worked for me. We had a chemical pregnancy. During the cycles we would have good response ones, one that overstimulated with too many eggs that had to be cancelled, and some we had to cancel for lack of sufficient semen samples. After several Cycles and about a year, we decided to move into iVF. We did a shared risk plan but we were successful on the first fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of PA.
The nurses were fantastic, the blood work lady was so kind and great, the ultrasound technition was great at her job but not as warm and fuzzy as rest just more professional, dr Filer, Dr O were amazing, and the embryologist was awesome too. The office manager was not as kind and not as friendly or easy to work with as the rest.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Awesome staff. Everyone cared and new us by name and what was going on with us. They helped us anyway they could from compassion, suppprt, and even helping find ways to get support from our insurance in any way or donated medicine.
22,000 for shared risk up to 6 fresh cycles and FETs until live birth plus medicine which was about $2500 for one cycle (all we had to do). Iui was $350 each time plus meds
Describe Robert Filer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Dr Filer left it up to me to transfer 1 or 2 and discusses the risks and benefits of both options.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
York

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA.

Dr. Filer was always patient with us with all the questions we had. Made us feel comfortable with what we were doing and the process we were going through. Never once did I worry about our treatment as he guided us through each procedure.... The nurses [Fertility Center of PA] were like family always happy and friendly and made sure to get to know us personally remembering our names and not making us feel like just another person to get in and out
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Know that not every patient is the same and treatment is not instantaneous give them time to create the best treatment for you
The entire office treated me like family knew my name every time I walked in the door
The nurses were like family always happy and friendly and made sure to get to know us personally remembering our names and not making us feel like just another person to get in and out
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Strengths are there small and are able to get to know you and spend more time with you then most clinics that are larger. I really didn't encounter any weaknesses. To any new patient I would recommend making sure you always have a list of questions there's a lot that they go over always ask questions he'll be willing to answer.
Luckily we had insurance that partially covered our procedures. However from all of my research I did with infertility treatments their pricing was within the typical range
York

I love Dr. Filer! Whenever I see him, I feel like I have his complete attention. He answers all my questions, he is always caring and gentle and he has a great sense of humor. When I finally do get pregnant, I will be sad to leave the practice. I wish Dr Filer or Michelle could deliver babies too!!...Ask lots of questions! He’s always great about answering them....As soon as I go in the office [The Fertility Center of PA], they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask lots of questions! He’s always great about answering them.
As soon as I go in the office, they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring.
Nursing staff is always warm and friendly! Very compassionate.