Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyMonmouth Med Ctr
717-544-3553
130 Leader Heights Road
York, PA 17403
717-747-3214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Filer to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of PA to a friend?
IUI, IVF
Ask questions! He’ll [Dr. Filer] answer them without making you feel dumb like some doctors can do....The original plan was for fresh transfer, but after reviewing my baseline results, they recommended freeze all and FET due to my increased risk of OHSS. I also appreciate the advice to skip PGS testing based on our age and medical background and issues.... [Eset Approach] Not sure yet. At consultation, he indicated no more than two. Seemed like he really left it up to the patient absent any serious medical concerns.
IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
I chose TFC because of its size and dual locations (one office is where I live and the other where I work). They were quick to address my needs and were honest about our chances. For example, we prepped for an IUI cycle only to learn that my husbands count was way low. Other clinics would have still done the IUI and taken out money, but they were upfront and honest...IUI wouldn’t have helped our chances with that count. I’m now prepping for my first IVF freeze all then FET cycle and everyone has been wonderful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask questions! He’ll answer them without making you feel dumb like some doctors can do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
The clinic is small, or it least it seems so. Everyone is friendly and seems to know me.
Describe the protocols Robert Filer used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
Everyone is great. Very easy to chat with and distract you while you’re being poked and prodded. Also get back to me within a few hours of leaving a message.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Love the dual locations and very early hours! I have a very demanding job. This whole process is stressful enough-it’s great to be able to go for my bloodwork and scabs before work! They link with WellSpan which makes billing and test result viewing easy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Fertility treatments are expensive and sadly my insurance covers very little. I diligently compare my costs here to others and it is comparable.
Describe Robert Filer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Lancaster

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA.

He [Dr. Filer] was willing to answer every question I presented, and I did ask a lot of questions. But, he was not personal. He didn't ask me about any symptoms I was having or how I was feeling during the process. I had to be my own advocate and mention things that I felt were out of the ordinary.... There wasn't a knowledge of my personal history or a care to explore any possible issues. During my last cycle that I saw him, he either read my chart wrong or was given the wrong information from the nurses.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
He was willing to answer every question I presented, and I did ask a lot of questions. But, he was not personal. He didn't ask me about any symptoms I was having or how I was feeling during the process. I had to be my own advocate and mention things that I felt were out of the ordinary. Which I only knew were not normal/good because of my own research and THANKFULLY for all the wonderful women who share their on experiences. He had not ever suggested that maybe there were some further explorations that needed to take place to see why I wasn't becoming pregnant. Just pushed me through to the next round.
Do your own research. You will need to advocate for yourself and ask questions. They will not probe to get to the solution.
I had to briefly address my issues I felt at every meeting. There wasn't a knowledge of my personal history or a care to explore any possible issues. During my last cycle that I saw him, he either read my chart wrong or was given the wrong information from the nurses. From there on, I didn't see him. As if he removed himself from my care.
I started with clomid for (2) IUI cycles. The first cycle the symptoms were mild and I produced (3) follicles that cycle. Ovidrel trigger shot. Donor Sperm. No takers. Second cycle clomid again. The headaches and hot flashes were BAD and continued until after I ovulated. (2) follicles. LH surged on its own. Donor Sperm. Not pregnant. Felt like I was... delayed AF. So possible an undocumented chemical as I never went for my Beta. Third cycle I went to letrozole (2.5 mg). No symptoms. My lining was was much better and my follicle resulted much the same. (2) follicles. Ovidrel trigger. Donor sperm. Not pregnant. Fourth cycle, letrozole again (2.5 mg). No symptoms from that. My follicles took forever to grow. Two looked to be mature and I surged on my own. Chemical pregnancy. HCG only at 12 on Beta. Fifth cycle... a glutton for punishment at this point. Combo cycle with letrozole (same dosage) and 75 units of Gonal-F starting on CD 8 through CD 11. Only one follicle... ONLY ONE. Started to surge on my own but still was told to trigger with Ovidrel. No pregancy.
I didn't see one particular nurse, necessarily. But I had a couple and I don't remember their names. They also have an ultrasound tech. They answered any questions I had and made small talk appropriately. Everyone was nice in person. Over the phone was a different story. Very short. When I had my positive pregnancy test, they were so excited for me.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The clinic as a whole really struggles with communication. The beginning of this process with blood work was awful. My husband had to do his bloodwork through the VA and the tests were not the correct ones the first time. So he had to go back again. I sent the tests all to the office via email... and they didn't get them until they went looking for them. Then they told me he didn't have all the right stuff... which I knew he did. I told them to look it over again. And sure enough it was all there. There's always quite a bit of hold time on the phone and no one seems to care that this is a very emotional and stressful process. Just kind of push you through. Once I was an established patient, they treated me better and addressed me by name when I walked in the door. But... who wants to go to a clinic to get pregnant that much!
I was quoted at $395 for an IUI after they consulted with my insurance company. I did have co-pays for every appt and bloodwork. At the end of 2018, I received a statement in the mail from them saying I had a credit of over $700!!! It took a month and a half for me to get said credit after several phone calls. For my last IUI (in 2019), I didn't pay the cost for the IUI because I didn't want to wait again for reimbursement. Ended up that my insurance covered all but $100 out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
York

Dr.Filer is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. He often cites research statistics and facts. I appreciate that he tells you the truth or what would be best without sugar-coating what you may want to hear. I believe he is very personal and friendly. I trust him and feel confident that he is doing everything he can to help us achieve a successful pregnancy...After using clomid, Dr. Filer suggested I switch to Letrozole/Femara...Dr. Filer said we can do IUI 6 with more Gonal F.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Always ask any questions on your mind. Dr.Filer always takes time answering them and doesn't make you feel rushed or as they're invalid questions.
All of the staff is so friendly and greets you by name. They know your background & procedure protocol without having to constantly refer to your file and notes.
After using clomid, Dr. Filer suggested I switch to Letrozole/Femara. My uterine lining responded better and I was producing mature follicles. We switched doses to find what worked (IUI #1-3). For IUI #4 cycle, we incorporated Gonal F injection for a Letrozole/GonalF combo-cycle. I got pregnant with 1 mature follicle. Unfortunately, it ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks due to being Partial Molar & Triploidy. After waiting 6 months, Dr. Filer encouraged us to follow with the same protocol. This time, for IUI #5, I became pregnant with only 1 follicle. Again, it ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks and we are awaiting the testing results. Dr. Filer said we can do IUI 6 with more Gonal F.
They are extremely friendly and know you by name. They are always happy and smiling. The positivity is so helpful.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The office is extremely clean, calm, and welcoming. I have always felt comfortable at my appointments.
My insurance only covers ultrasounds, bloodwork, and some other lab costs (semen analysis). The nurses/receptionists were very patient in sitting down with me to review all of my insurance coverages vs. out-of-pocket responsibilities. They explained everything very clearly.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
Dr Filer took time to sit with us to explain everything with compassion and care. I felt like he truly cared about us and our desire to have a baby. He shared in the joys and supported us in the failures.... He determined that the clomid was not working for my lining. We moved on to a combo round and iui then moved onto injectibles with iui. He also determined my prolactin level was high and found a medicine they worked for me. We had a chemical pregnancy.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and know all your options.
Dr Filer always took time to answer my many questions with care and compassion.
I came to Dr Filer on my 6th round of clamor from my oh. He allowed us to do timed IUI that round. He determined that the clomid was not working for my lining. We moved on to a combo round and iui then moved onto injectibles with iui. He also determined my prolactin level was high and found a medicine they worked for me. We had a chemical pregnancy. During the cycles we would have good response ones, one that overstimulated with too many eggs that had to be cancelled, and some we had to cancel for lack of sufficient semen samples. After several Cycles and about a year, we decided to move into iVF. We did a shared risk plan but we were successful on the first fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of PA.
The nurses were fantastic, the blood work lady was so kind and great, the ultrasound technition was great at her job but not as warm and fuzzy as rest just more professional, dr Filer, Dr O were amazing, and the embryologist was awesome too. The office manager was not as kind and not as friendly or easy to work with as the rest.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Awesome staff. Everyone cared and new us by name and what was going on with us. They helped us anyway they could from compassion, suppprt, and even helping find ways to get support from our insurance in any way or donated medicine.
22,000 for shared risk up to 6 fresh cycles and FETs until live birth plus medicine which was about $2500 for one cycle (all we had to do). Iui was $350 each time plus meds
Dr Filer left it up to me to transfer 1 or 2 and discusses the risks and benefits of both options.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
York

Dr. Filer was always patient with us with all the questions we had. Made us feel comfortable with what we were doing and the process we were going through. Never once did I worry about our treatment as he guided us through each procedure.... The nurses [Fertility Center of PA] were like family always happy and friendly and made sure to get to know us personally remembering our names and not making us feel like just another person to get in and out
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Know that not every patient is the same and treatment is not instantaneous give them time to create the best treatment for you
The entire office treated me like family knew my name every time I walked in the door
The nurses were like family always happy and friendly and made sure to get to know us personally remembering our names and not making us feel like just another person to get in and out
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
Strengths are there small and are able to get to know you and spend more time with you then most clinics that are larger. I really didn't encounter any weaknesses. To any new patient I would recommend making sure you always have a list of questions there's a lot that they go over always ask questions he'll be willing to answer.
Luckily we had insurance that partially covered our procedures. However from all of my research I did with infertility treatments their pricing was within the typical range
York

I love Dr. Filer! Whenever I see him, I feel like I have his complete attention. He answers all my questions, he is always caring and gentle and he has a great sense of humor. When I finally do get pregnant, I will be sad to leave the practice. I wish Dr Filer or Michelle could deliver babies too!!...Ask lots of questions! He’s always great about answering them....As soon as I go in the office [The Fertility Center of PA], they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask lots of questions! He’s always great about answering them.
As soon as I go in the office, they all remember my name. They’re so friendly and caring.
Nursing staff is always warm and friendly! Very compassionate.
Robert Filer

I feel that he [Dr. Filer] truly cares about his patients, he doesn’t have you keep continuing treatments even if you haven’t been doing them long if they don’t seem to be working much or at all and he explains everything very well. ... I would definitely recommend him as a doctor, he answers every question and doesn’t make you feel stupid for asking even if it is a dumb question. He’s very upfront and doesn’t sugar coat things which is great in this journey.
How was your experience with Robert Filer at The Fertility Center of PA?
I would definitely recommend him as a doctor, he answers every question and doesn’t make you feel stupid for asking even if it is a dumb question. He’s very upfront and doesn’t sugar coat things which is great in this journey. I truly believe he will do everything he can to help me get pregnant.
Be open minded, I went into these appts at first thinking it was going to be so simple and it’s not but he makes it so easy there which is great
I feel that he truly cares about his patients, he doesn’t have you keep continuing treatments even if you haven’t been doing them long if they don’t seem to be working much or at all and he explains everything very well.
First round we did 5 mg of letrozole and I had no follicles that were large enough. Second cycle we did 7.5 mg of letrozole and I had one follicle that was good and we did an IUI everything went well but we did not get pregnant. Third cycle we did 7.5 mg of letrozole again and I had no follicles that were large enough. Fourth cycle we are in now and am doing 7.5 mg of letrozole and adding in gonal-f injectables.
They’re amazing, they remember me. I can call a bunch because I’m nervous or unsure of something and they always answer my questions and tell me that’s what they’re here for.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I think the clinic is great, it’s a bit of a drive for me but yet I still go there because I love it. Sometimes I’m going multiple times a week and I have a 45 minute drive one way which isn’t a lot but it adds up but I wouldn’t go anywhere else. I’ve been to another doctor and was honestly not impressed even though it’s a huge clinic in the country. It was expensive and a really far drive, like two hours.
Because we are still in treatment and not everything is back from our insurance I’m not positive yet but IUI they said was about $500 per cycle