Available by cell phone
ResidencyU. of North Carolina
FellowshipNational Inst of Health
80 Health Park Dr.
Louisville, CO 80027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Gustofson to a friend?

9.7

6.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
2013 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He [Dr. Robert Gustofson] told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work.
2013 - 2019
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is in a tough spot - it requires him to be frank, but also compassionate. He does not ooze warmth and there are some patients (me included, at least initially) that require that when seeking fertility treatments. But he is honest and forthcoming and always has his patients best interests in mind. I felt like I was in capable hands when we proceeded with treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G has your best interests in mind and will be truthful when it comes to your care, but he won't sugarcoat anything and won't be the person you lean on emotionally.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Initially, my experience was not favorable. I was 29 and presented with high fsh/low amh, low egg count and quality. He told me very pointedly that he would not do IVF with my own eggs. The delivery was too frank for this type of news and there was very little empathy. It felt like they were unwilling to try because it would greatly impact their statistics in a negative way if it did not work. The impersonal interaction made me take a break from CCRM for several years. When we finally returned to the clinic, we had a conversation with Dr. G about our previous interaction and he immediately changed his tune. Since then, he has been friendly, personable and caring.
Describe the protocols Robert Gustofson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
It has been 3 years since my last treatment with Dr. G, so I cannot remember specific medications or protocols. But Dr. G had a solid game plan, monitored me closely and always explained in detail if anything needed to change.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
The general nursing staff at the Louisville branch (my primary location) was nice, efficient and helpful. Carolyn - my main nurse contact there - was great and answered a lot of frantic questions with compassion. The rest of the nursing staff was fine, not exceptionally warm or friendly, but they did their jobs well. My primary donor nurse, Kristi, was incredible. I cannot say enough good things about her! Throughout the entire process she was patient, personable, friendly, and answered my MANY questions with grace and thoughtfulness. She always went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and even stepped in to assist with a billing snafu when we were abroad. I felt I could always count on Kristi for anything, and that really put my mind at ease during such a trying, emotional time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine is a world-renowned fertility clinic for a reason - they provide state-of-the-art treatments, innovative research, and techniques that give them higher success rates than many of their counterparts. The staff is well-trained and things are done very efficiently. However, this often creates a very sterile environment where you feel more like a cog in the wheel than a living, breathing human with a personal story. This is more evident in the extravagant Lonetree location than in smaller, homier Louisville. The other glaringly obvious issue is the business office. For such a larger, profitable organization, they are disorganized and often rude. One example of their ineptitude - they failed to inform us about the due date for a $30,000 payment and then insisted we find a way to pay it within 12 hours when we were on vacation in Italy. There mistake, but ours to fix. I was continually shocked at how many errors and inefficiencies we encountered and they were VERY frustrating given how much we were paying the clinic for our treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.
Donor IVF cycle (including donor meds and fees and my transfer) totaled approximately $44,000. Additional medications for me were about $4,000. Total for the entire procedure was $48,000.
Describe Robert Gustofson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Because I was otherwise very healthy and since our young donor produced an exceedingly high number of highly graded embryos, Dr. G was very clear about the fact that he would not transfer more than one. He explained that he was very confidant the treatment would be successful and explained the immense risks to me and the babies if I were to carry multiples.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado.

How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson was honest, kind, thoughtful. While we never made it past 7 weeks, you could tell he was rooting for us and truly disappointed and sorry that things didn't work out for us. From the get go, we had already done a cycle of IVF without success (chemical and miscarriage of trisomy 13 at 6.5 weeks), he told us there were no medical reasons to not try again. We ended up with 9 CCS normal embryos. However, after 2 failed transfers (chemical and blighted ovum) he told us one of things wad happening. Despite my hysteroscopy and all labs/scans looking normal, my uterus wasn't a good environment or there was something behind chromosomes that is genetically wrong with the embryos. Our final transfer resulted in a pregnancy but miscarriage at 7 weeks. He was so kind during our D&C and told us he was always there for us. We still have 5 embryos and may some day decide to transfer them or pursue a gestational carrier, but are also at peace that Dr. Gustafson did everything in his power, knowledge, expertise to help us be parents.
Trust him. He will be honest with you. And like he told us on our first consultation he'll "tell you when to get off of the roller coaster". And he doesn't say that to be mean. He says it for your own sanity. He doesn't want to just take your money over and over if he doesn't think it will work.
He was personable, kind, honest. He'd remember things about us.
I honestly don't remember what protocol we used for egg retrieval. First FET e-set of day 5AA CCS normal blast. Lupron started when bcp stopped. Vivelle patches increasing. Endometrium, PIO and me from. 2nd FET added antihistamine protocol with aspirin, claritin, pepcid, and prednisone. 3rd FET antihistimine protocol and lovenox.
Not compassionate. Told me the gender of one of our embryos even though I explicitly told them I didn't want to know. Never caked me when my thyroid labs were abnormal, I called multiple times asking for the results. Not at all compassionate when I was worried about miscarrying based on those results. More concerned about setting up an appointment than giving me a minute after we did miscarry to process the information.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall CCRM has so many patients I can see where it feels like you're a number. However my personal doctor did not make me feel that way. Nursing staff wad terrible. Buildings themself clean. Lab people friendly. Usually fairly easy to make appointments
$22000 for egg retrieval, 1st transfer. $5000 for each subsequent FET Meds totaled probably $1000
First 2 transfers did e-SET then did embryos on 3rd transfer.
Louisville

He [Dr. Gustofson] is very thorough when explaining what we have done, what we will do, what we can expect, and what will be next. He shows empathy and seems to really understand what a difficult journey this is for his patients and is very supportive. He remembers personal details I've shared about our family which helps to feel there is a true connection.He always followed up with a phone call after our transfers and answered all questions we had. He makes us feel comfortable and safe.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. He is very thorough when explaining what we have done, what we will do, what we can expect, and what will be next. He shows empathy and seems to really understand what a difficult journey this is for his patients and is very supportive. He remembers personal details I've shared about our family which helps to feel there is a true connection. He will ask about our son, our move, our vacation, etc. He always followed up with a phone call after our transfers and answered all questions we had. He makes us feel comfortable and safe. I trust him completely.
Believe in him. He has your best interest in mind.
Dr. G is very personable. He remembers my past medical history as well as personal details that I've shared. He always makes us feel comfortable. I've laughed and cried with him and he's always been supportive. He answers all my questions thoroughly and in a way I can understand. He gives the facts with great bedside manner.
After trying 5 IUI'S at another clinic we consulted with Dr. G. He had a thorough understanding of what we have tried and created a plan to move forward with IVF, stating we could try one more IUI but it was not likely to work. He recommended IVF with 50/50 ICSI and conventional fertilization. I don't know the name of the protocol but it seemed pretty straight forward. My body had not settled down from the stim meds after first retrieval for our planned fresh cycle so moved on to a frozen transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and successful delivered a singleton. 2 years later we transferred 2 more embryos using the same protocol for priming. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 5 months after that we transferred our lastv3 embryos with the same protocol and the addition of the antihistamine protocol to address the possibly reasoning for the chemical pregnancy. We had never had a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage before. This also resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris Neely)
Our nurse was overall very good. She was generally compassionate. There was a period when the clinic was busy and undergoing changes that I believe was stressful for her as it showed in her interaction with us. She seemed annoyed at times, called me by the wrong name and just seemed busy and bothered. She did turn around after a bit of time. She is always quick to respond.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a great laboratory that helps to yield good results, ie live births. They are pioneers of the field so you know you are getting great care. They are a big clinic so sometimes you can feel lost as a number. Some doctors dont have great bedside manner but ours did. They are more expensive then most clinics it seems. They have great hours which allows for flexibility. Many other clinics are not open on weekends.
We used the assure program for out first transfer and that cost $32k for up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen transfers or until a live birth. Consults and regroups cost $250. Frozen embryo transfers were about $6,000 without monitoring.
Prior to our first IVF it was explained that we could transfer 1 or 2 embryos and what the risks were when transferring multiples. We decided to transfer 2. Because I had such a strong inital beta it was thought I may have had twins but only one embryo implanted. Our 2nd transfer we also decided to transfer 2 based on doctor recommendation since we only had a singleton with the prior transfer. The 3rd transfer we also transferred 2 for the same reason. At first the doctor left the choice of 1-2 up to us but based on the results he then strongly recommend transferring 2 but still allowed it to be our choice.

2014 - 2018
Dr G [Gustofson] made the experience as good as it could be. When questions came up, he took the time to talk through the pros and cons as well as offer any insight on his recommended course of action. He always took the time to make it feel like a conversation rather than us sitting back waiting for him to tell us what to do. Because of those reasons, we are continuing to work with him through another egg retrieval and would never consider working with another doctor through this journey!!
European, Other
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr G made the experience as good as it could be. When questions came up, he took the time to talk through the pros and cons as well as offer any insight on his recommended course of action. He always took the time to make it feel like a conversation rather than us sitting back waiting for him to tell us what to do. Because of those reasons, we are continuing to work with him through another egg retrieval and would never consider working with another doctor through this journey!!
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr G does a great job giving as much or as little explanation as you would prefer.
Dr G had/has gone above and beyond to take time to work with us and make sure we do NOT feel like a number. He has scheduled conference calls with us since we have moved farther away and has always been there to answer our questions.
I don't remember a ton of the specifics after the long journey but I do often remember Dr G thoroughly explaining things. For example we had first planned to do a fresh embryo transfer but when that was not the best course, Dr G took the time to explain to us why and how we could best proceed from there. He also did a great job reassuring my wife after the miscarriages that it was nothing she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
Most all of the nurses we have dealt with have all been fantastic and do a great job communicating.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville clinic does a great job making you feel welcome, it doesn't feel as clinicy as you might expect. Tara in ultrasound was also awesome to work with. It was nice to always see a smiling face whether it was for testing, a regroup or just bloodwork.
Dr G did a great job explaining the pros/cons of multiple embryo transfer versus single.
Louisville

I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson was. If I was in doubt about any detail or wanted to ask him a question directly, I could simply e-mail him, and he responded directly. I do not have this degree of access to any other doctor anywhere....Dr. Gustofson changed his entire protocol for notifying patients about communicable disease antibodies. He's not afraid to admit a problem and he's not afraid to solve problems, however small or large.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Go, just go. We lucked into him because I called CCRM, and they gave me his first available appointment. It was a perfect blessing. Be honest with him. He'll be honest back. When we had a communication snafu regarding the results of my husband's Hep C antibodies, the nurse called and didn't explain the situation very well, which led to lots of strife. Dr. Gustofson changed his entire protocol for notifying patients about communicable disease antibodies. He's not afraid to admit a problem and he's not afraid to solve problems, however small or large.
He remembered personal details about us, and he shared personal details about his own family and kids. We recommended him to friends, and we created a fun little circle of humans in the same struggle. I would hang out with him outside of CCRM.
Egg retrieval - I can't remember all the drugs FET1 - 1 embryo transferred, 1 live birth - same protocol generally as FET3 FET2 - 1 embryo transferred, chemical pregnancy - same protocol generally as FET3 FET3 - 2 embryos transferred, 2 pregnancies in progress - 21 days of birth control (7/20/18-8/11/18), lupron (10 units 8/7/18-8/29/18), vivelle patches every other day (starting 8/16/18), endometrium 100mg (starting 8/30/18), medal (8/30/18-9/2/18), doxycycline 100mg 2x daily (8/30/18 until gone), embryo transfer on 9/4/18
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica, then Sarah)
ou want more than a proficient doctor. You want your doctor supported by top-notch embryologists, high-knowledge nurses and clinicians, and a willing, helpful and thoughtful financial department. The support staff at CCRM is excellent. The embryologists and nurses are diligent and thoughtful and present a can-help attitude constantly. The attitude elsewhere was consistently “no, we don’t do that.” CCRM will find a solution to your problems. They will help you track down drugs through various or multiple pharmacies even if it’s annoying. The business office will answer all of your questions, help you find cost-effective strategies through various programs, and will make every effort to navigate insurance chaos on your behalf.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
IVF is a complex process that involves more than doctors. We relied heavily on the embryologists, the nurses, and the business office. At every other clinic, the care was far less comprehensive and very disjointed. We sought care locally in Jacksonville at three clinics. Dissatisfied, we considered several clinics in New York and Los Angeles. After our initial call with CCRM, we were convinced to give it a whirl and went out for our 1-day consultation. Maybe the best decision of our marriage. We saw Dr. Gustofson at the Lone Tree office. While Denver is a fantastic city, the Lone Tree area is pretty generic, full of national chains and light on charm. We preferred to stay downtown or in Cherry Creek. For our first 1-day consultation, we stayed in Lone Tree for the convenience. For longer visits, enjoy the charm of Denver and make the daily drive to Lone Tree for your appointments. The clinic is 15 minutes from Cherry Creek. We were impressed and pleased at every turn. For our one-day consultation, we started out in the conference room with a group of couples from all over the country. We then ran through a series of appointments and tests, which concluded with a meeting with our doctor. That day will cover all of your questions. CCRM only accepts United for insurance. Otherwise, it's about $5,000 out of pocket. They do accept American Express now but didn't in 2016 when we first went to CCRM. You have to do this same initial work-up before the start of each new cycle. As an out-of-town patient, the most complicated aspect will be getting your local clinic to send the results in a timely manner. You'll have to get monitoring and blood drawn at a local clinic throughout the process. My biggest frustrations were getting my results to CCRM from labs and other clinics. You will likely have to be really pushy with your local clinics. It might create some awkward tension, especially since you aren't really going to them for medical advice, only asking them to take orders from CCRM. Make use of CCRM's portal for communication. It's much easier than trying to deal with the phone tree. You can always get to your nurse's line directly through her extension. I am still blown away at how accessible Dr. Gustofson is. If I was in doubt about any detail or want to ask him a question directly, I could simply e-mail him, and he responds directly. I do not have this degree of access to any other doctor anywhere.
retrieval: $9315 to CCRM, $15170 to labs (plus local monitoring) FET (per transfer, we did 3 transfers): $2630 to CCRM, $2815 to labs (plus local monitoring)
CCRM promotes strongly that singleton births are the new standard of IVF, per the journal articles written by Schoolcraft. We transferred 1 embryo with success and had out first child. We then transferred 1 embryo and had a chemical pregnancy. At that point, we then had 2 "normal" embryos remaining and 1 "no result" embryo remaining. We were feeling the sad desperation and pressure, and Dr. G. was understanding. Despite the fact that I was under 35 and that we had done CCS, he agreed to go against the recommendations to only transfer 1 in our situation. He agreed that transferring 2 would be okay as I didn't have complications in my first pregnancy and carried to full-term. He thoroughly explained the risks. We decided that we would do another retrieval if our next transfer failed because we were wary of transferring the "no result" embryo. We understood that we had a 42% chance of twins. We knew the risk. We are now excited about twins.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. G [Gustofson] never rushed me, took the time to answer all questions. Communicated directly with me. Even in their portal to ask nurses questions, he allows his patients to email him. I think he's still the only doctor at Lone Tree CCRM to do that.... I participated in the acai study; I religiously took the full vitamin cocktail they recommend (as did my husband). I took hcg, gonal F, follistem, menopur, noravel, saizen, cetrotide, lupron, vivelle, Endometrin, progrestrone
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr G explained the process at every step. He was always patient and thorough. He explained exactly what he expected to happen the results he expected and always fully explained what he thought was had happened and what he would do about it. Very thorough and always made me feel like I was in the very best care possible.
Follow their instructions and recommendations. Ask a lot of questions, don't be shy but also trust them and what they recommend. Don't be afraid to ask him what he would do if the situation was reversed.
Dr. G never rushed me, took the time to answer all questions. Communicated directly with me. Even in their portal to ask nurses questions, he allows his patients to email him. I think he's still the only doctor at Lone Tree CCRM to do that. He was transparent and to the point, easy to understand but also kind at the same time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The staff is very good. There a lot of moving pieces in treatment that they need to organize and the emotions were high. I had confidence in the staff but sometimes they were hard to get a hold of and sensed the business.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Their approach is so technical yet felt specialized to me. I feel like their level of experience, research and knowledge is the best. I never felt like they were trying to achieve their success rates, I felt like they were trying to help me achieve my goal. At my previous clinic I felt like they wouldn't take any more chances with me because of their success rates. I felt like they gave up on me and CCRM said we can do this and they made our dreams come true.
the first round costs to CCRM were around $30K (doesn't include drugs) and the 2nd & 3rd rounds combined were about $25K. I only needed two rounds so they credited me for the third round.
based on success rates & data for my age and situation the recommendation was always to transfer one (depending on quality of embryo).

Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. G [Gustofson] was absolutely clear from day 1 on the positive and negative aspects of our situation and the probability that we would have success. We had to adjust our treatment calendar for every cycle - retrieval and transfer - and I believe Dr. G made the correct calls in every occasion, assessing my body and the specifics of our situation. We are from Brazil and at a 5 hour difference to Colorado, and Dr. G was responsive even in this scenario.
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G was absolutely clear from day 1 on the positive and negative aspects of our situation and the probability that we would have success. We had to adjust our treatment calendar for every cycle - retrieval and transfer - and I believe Dr. G made the correct calls in every occasion, assessing my body and the specifics of our situation. We are from Brazil and at a 5 hour difference to Colorado, and Dr. G was responsive even in this scenario.
Dr. G was always extremely nice and attentive on all occasions we met and over the phone and e-mail. He was aware of all details surrounding treatment and our journey up until the point we started treatment with him.
Dr. G recommended that during two weeks I take supplements to improve egg quality before retrieval. This made a significant difference in my view. During stimming, he pushed forward the egg retrieval day by a couple of days and increased hormone dosage which I believe was the reason why I managed to get 22 eggs (much more than the 9 I had gotten in my 2 previous cycles). I feel the that the considerable number of eggs is why we were able to get blastocysts and CCS tested euploid embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gina Biamonte)
Gina my nurse was great and super compassionate. She unfortunately left CCRM, but by the end of my treatment.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I believe CCRM gets patients with difficult cases from all over the world, so they have seen it all - a big plus. I only met with Dr. G but have heard great things about the other doctors. I like their approach because they rely not only on the meds, but on supplements and alternative treatment like acupuncture.
I believe the IVF cycle was around USD 20 thousand.
Dr. G preferred transferring only 1 because my embryos were CCS tested, due to the risks of a multiple pregnancy. But after a failed FET he agreed on transferring 2, which is what I wanted. I will deliver my baby girl and boy next week.
Lone Tree

Overall I found Dr. Gustofson very caring and I felt he really knew what he was doing. My only issue related to Dr. Gustofson was that he left town during a crucial part of my treatment (which I completely understand and don’t hold against him) but neither he nor his staff mentioned he would be leaving so it was offputting for me to find this out when I needed to ask him a question regarding treatment and he was gone.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He seems like a genuinely caring doctor.
I felt Dr. Gustofson was very warm and personable when I met or communicated with him but I had quite a bit of trouble with communication with other staff including nurses. I felt that at some pretty important times I had a hard time getting a response from the appropriate staff member. That said, Dr. Gustofson was really good with the communication.
Priming meds: Estrace 2mg - cycle day 2 on Testosterone gel - day 3-20 Prometrium 200mg - 2x day/ day 16-25 Testosterone patch 2mg - day 21-25 Cetrotide 0.25mg - day 23-25 Stim meds: Viagra 50mg 2x a day Menopur 150units 2x a day Gonal-F 300 units once a day Dexamethasone 0.5mg once a day Saizen 0.4ml once a day Clomid 100mg once a day (added when follicles were not growing enough and injections were switched to intramuscular instead of sub q)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana Coon)
I felt at times that Aiyana was very nice, organized and communicated well but there were times that I was very frustrated with the lack of comminication from her and almost requested to be switched to the care of another nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I found most of the staff I encountered to be very nice and helpful, the facility itself was nice and I think that overall things run pretty smoothly with the day to day there. As a clinic I don’t think they have many weaknesses other than some of the staff did not seem great with communication some of the time.
We paid approx $25,000 for the IVF up front (this did not include the IVF meds or the full day work up we first had to do which I can’t remember the exact cost of but it wasn’t inexpensive). Because the cycle was cancelled we were refunded around $21,000.
For my age group he recommended one embryo be transferred at a time to reduce chances of multiples because of higher risk. I completely agreed with this approach.

2014 - 2018
Based on my age and health, [Dr. Gustofson] was incredibly clear that we should only transfer 1 embryo. I will forever be grateful for his guidance specifically on that subject. Due to his diligence, my son was born healthy and with no complications, and I am currently pregnant and hoping for the same outcome...He clearly stated expectations and our course of action with compassion and clarity. He listened to our concerns and questions and delicately give an explanation. His positive attitude paired with his expertise were exactly what my family needed each visit. I couldn't recommend a better doctor. We have the utmost respect for Dr. G and had the most positive experience we could have with medical care under the supervision of Dr. G.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We trust Dr. G as we would an old friend. He clearly stated expectations and our course of action with compassion and clarity. He listened to our concerns and questions and delicately give an explanation. His positive attitude paired with his expertise were exactly what my family needed each visit. I couldn't recommend a better doctor. We have the utmost respect for Dr. G and had the most positive experience we could have with medical care under the supervision of Dr. G.
You are fortunate to be in his care.
My entire family felt heard, valued, and understood. It was a medical experience we've seldom had elsewhere.
Chris was dedicated, energetic, knowledgeable, flexible, diligent, and a problem solver. Anytime I called, she would listen intently and immediately have a plan. After I "graduate" from the clinic, I always miss talking to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The entire staff is absolutely impeccable. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and have high standards of communication between patients and staff. Their precise and diligent. When multiple appointments are scheduled, they run seamlessly with little wait time in between. I always leave impressed with their professionalism, yet engaging personalities.
My insurance did not cover any of the cost of my initial IVF treatment, or my second transfer. Therefore, the cost was high, I'd prefer not to state specifics, but the cost CCRM gave at the beginning of the cycle is exactly what I paid. There were no hidden costs associated with my cycle. They were upfront with the cost.
Based on my age and health, Dr. G was incredibly clear that we should only transfer 1 embryo. I will forever be grateful for his guidance specifically on that subject. Due to his diligence, my son was born healthy and with no complications, and I am currently pregnant and hoping for the same outcome.
Louisville

He [Dr. Robert Gustofson] is honest, kind, and very aware of our specific struggles both emotionally and physically. He communicated exactly what I told him that I needed, and he was available if I ever needed him or his team. Very reliable.... Given I had multiple miscarriages and he had files form 2 prior doctors, he wasnt afraid to go full court press and have me take acai supplements, growth hormone, testosterone, along with the other usual injections.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I actually referred a colleague to him and he was also great with her. He is honest, kind, and very aware of our specific struggles both emotionally and physically. He communicated exactly what I told him that I needed, and he was available if I ever needed him or his team. Very reliable.
He is very positive, and honest - be prepared for that. He wants you to succeed as much as you do.
There truly are no words to describe how appreciative we are of the Dr and his nurses/clinic for taking our case and trying everything without fear, and for it to end in success makes it even more special. They were so kind, reliable, and cared so genuinely throughout our process. Given my commute from CA, they were on it! My calendar was known weeks in advance and I only had to travel there 3 times, and they told me exactly what I needed to do via phone and email. Their honesty and positive attitude also went a long way with us.
Given I had multiple miscarriages and he had files form 2 prior doctors, he wasnt afraid to go full court press and have me take acai supplements, growth hormone, testosterone, along with the other usual injections. The lab at CCRM is amazing and very thorough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
AMAZING!!! They knew exactly what they were doing and ran that clinic more than the doctors did at times. They were reliable and very detail oriented.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is gorgeous, very operationally efficient, and everyone communicates very well to each other. They have orientation that answers all questions, have several areas where specific things are done (lab vs ultrasound, etc) and each section tells the other when they are done so that what could have been a long visit turns out to be very short. Although it may seem like a baby-making factory, it is highly efficient and they know exactly what they are doing. They even have the "extras" like acupuncture and massage etc.
Insurance didnt pay for anything so all was out of pocket and costs similar to other fertility clinics
He only allowed for us to transfer one to avoid twinning since that would cause a high risk pregnancy.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Gustofson was very personable and made us feel at ease immediately. He answered all of our questions and was/is a very kind person. Infertility is so hard, but he gave us hope when we felt hopeless.... If we had a question we were able to email him directly and he would always respond in a very timely manner...He had a plan like nothing we had ever thought possible and it definitely wasn’t a “one size fits all” like we had at our previous clinic...I was also taking viagra during my stimulation which included menopur and follistim.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was kind, available, honest, helpful, and sincere. We really cannot say enough about him or put into words just how grateful we are to have him as our doctor. If we had a question we were able to email him directly and he would always respond in a very timely manner. I do not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is struggling with infertility.
If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask, be honest, and trust him !
Dr G used protocol 5 for us. He had a plan like nothing we had ever thought possible and it definitely wasn’t a “one size fits all” like we had at our previous clinic. I don’t remember too many specifics. We primed with human growth hormone and both testosterone patches and gel. I was also taking viagra during my stimulation which included menopur and follistim.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica )
Our nurse was excellent, as was anyone we spoke to or dealt with. They knew what they were doing and were organized. As a healthcare provider myself I always encourage my patients to always advocate for themselves. And I’m happy to say at CCRM they are SO on top of their game that rarely do you have to worry about that.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: VERY organized, best fertility lab in the world, honest, individualized care. I loved that this was only a fertility clinic and NOT an OB clinic as well. There is not much worse then having to sit next to a pregnant person while going to visit your fertility specialist. Infertility clinics and OB clinic‘s should never be in the same building as each other. Weaknesses: cannot think of anything.
One ivf cycle plus meds was about $35,000.

How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson brought the perfect balance of science and humanity. His bedside manner was just what a 7 year infertility patient whose lost hope in her body needs. He has a genuine love of life, people and a passion for what he does. His approach (as well as CCRM's) is super structured, extremely diligent which allows him to move through patient challenges and resolve them in an appropriate timeline. Within 1 day, we had all the answers we needed to correct our 7 year battle. Dr. Gustofson built a strategic plan that day and for 13 months we followed it diligently. We are currently 11 weeks pregnant. Our success is directly related to his knowledge, diligence and surgical skillset.
Trust him, no matter how much your hope has diminished. There is a reason he requires all the tests he does—they provide him immense knowledge and give him all the tools he needs to make the most educated plan for you. No matter what has happened in your past, trust that he will lead you down the right one.
After 7 years of infertility, Dr. Gustofson used the perfect balance of science and humanity to treat us. He spent time to get to know my body and both my husband and I. He never gave up or doubted my body's ability to do this even though maybe I had. He restored my faith that this body is capable of miracles.
When we met with Dr. Gustofson in May of 2017, he diagnosed us with a uterine infection (endometritis), a polyp and a septum (one that was supposidly removed 3 previous times). He created a plan that included—a 2 month treatment to remove inflammation and the infection, then a hysterscopy with septum resection, a follow-up in office hysterscopy to confirm the septum, infection and scar tissue were no longer, a mock cycle to test my responsiveness, a uterine biopsy (Beta 3 Integrins Test), another follow-up in office hysterscopy, a retrieval (midluteal oral estrogen priming antagonist protocol), another follow-up in office hysterscopy with endo scratch and FET (Blast, BCPs/Lupron/Suppository/P4 in Oil QOD. All procedures were smooth. The most important step we believe was the constant checking of my uterus to confirm what had been done to it, was in fact done and showing the intended results. As a patient who has a thin lining due to multiple D&Cs, this step was essential. I was told previously that I had Asherman's—Dr. Gustofson never mentioned he. He in fact, never was intimidated by my uterus. Baby step, by baby step, he treated it and scrubbed my uterus till it was in the most perfect state. We tested meds till we found the right ones. In fact, we almost did not transfer because there was fluid in my uterus (which had happened in the past) HOWEVER we did because he believed in it. He said the fluid was mucosa and would go away, if not, they'd suction. Well, transfer day is was gone. He was right, AGAIN and we are currently 11 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Sarah)
Nurse Sarah was thoughtful, diligent and the perfect match for my needs. She understand all that we had been through and was understanding when I needed a quick phone chat to run through details, again.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has mostly strengths—their super structured, diligent practice delivers results in a reasonable timeline. Infertility is not fast, it is not cheap. I don't believe one can go in thinking it is. CCRM handles the process as perfectly as one can.
We spent around 24k for retrieval & transfer with with CCS. This included all labs and scans for both. Not included was meds which were around 6k. We spent another 10k on surgeries and in-office hysterscopies. Our full day of tests cost around 4-5k. Travel was additional.
We transferred 1 very high quality embryo and it worked. Due to thin lining, we felt 1 was best.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
I can't recommend Dr. G [Gustofson] highly enough. I felt like he was 100% committed to getting and keeping me pregnant from the day we first met with him. He has a wonderful sense of humor and great bedside manner...he always explains everything with solid data behind it, and really clearly described every step along the way so that we had a full understand of the treatment, risks, success rates etc. I also appreciated that he was honest with the success rates and only addressed live birth rates, since getting pregnant and having a miscarriage accomplishes nothing but heartbreak. We went through a very difficult period after the egg retrieval where my lining simply wouldn't get thick enough to transfer an embryo, despite every trick in the book. Dr. G never lost faith, and did an unusual protocol for me that they hardly ever do, but he was confident it would work in my situation.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I can't recommend Dr. G highly enough. I felt like he was 100% committed to getting and keeping me pregnant from the day we first met with him. He has a wonderful sense of humor and great bedside manner, both of which I knew I needed for this journey. That said, he always explains everything with solid data behind it, and really clearly described every step along the way so that we had a full understand of the treatment, risks, success rates etc. I also appreciated that he was honest with the success rates and only addressed live birth rates, since getting pregnant and having a miscarriage accomplishes nothing but heartbreak. We went through a very difficult period after the egg retrieval where my lining simply wouldn't get thick enough to transfer an embryo, despite every trick in the book. Dr. G never lost faith, and did an unusual protocol for me that they hardly ever do, but he was confident it would work in my situation. It did, and I'm now pregnant! I can't recommend him highly enough if you are just starting out, or have almost given up at other clinics. It is so important to have complete trust in the RE steering the ship for you.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel like you understand your treatment, success rates etc. He is incredibly patient and understanding. He and his wife went through fertility treatment, so I think he understands the anxieties more than most doctors. Another tip? If you're at a crossroads in your treatment, ask him what he would do in your situation if it was him/his wife. He'll give you the real honest answer which can sometimes be different than the doctor answer, and can be a valuable data point to help make your decision.
I always felt like a person, not a number with Dr. G, despite CCRM being a big clinic. He always had plenty of time to answer our questions, no matter how small or dumb they may have seemed, and also understood the emotional turmoil we were going through. He also treated us as a couple which made my husband and I feel more like a united front in our goal to start a family.
3 IUI's with increasing amounts of femera - all negative IVF with gonal-f, menapur, cetratide No trigger due to possible OHSS - I really appreciated this last minute change Fertilized with ICSI due to MFI Freeze all cycle so we could do CCS testing - 14 day 5 embryos After testing, 13 were normal (he advised against the testing due to my age of 31, we did it for piece of mind) 1st transfer attempt with estrogen priming - cancelled due to thin lining 2nd transfer attempt with increased estrogen, estrogen shots and viagra - proceed with 6.4mm very boarderline lining. Very tough call for both of us. Transferred 1 embryo and test was negative. 3rd transfer attempt - He said he was bringing out the "big guns" with completely different protocol called a Stim FET. I was on gonal-f and cetratide to stimulate my lining with my own estrogen, since my lining got to 8 during my egg retrieval cycle. He also had me do viagra again, and do the Antihistamine protocol of pregnisone, claritin and pepcid in case my immune system was rejecting the embryo. This doozy of meds got me to a 7.2mm lining, and we transferred two embryos. His recommendation was still to do one, but he was willing to do 2 at our request since the lining protocol was so tough for me, and we were ok with the prospect of twins. That cycle worked and I'm now 12 weeks with B/G twins!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Started with Melissa, transfered to Carolyn after she left)
I started off with a wonderful nurse named Melissa. Right after my first IVF FET transfered failed, she left very abruptly which felt like such a kick in the gut when I was down. Despite that, CCRM seamlessly helped me transition to Carolyn, who was equally as wonderful. She has been a fertility nurse for years and you could tell she knew exactly what she was doing. She was very willing to answer all my endless questions and always got back to me really quickly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strengths are their success rates, and the staff. Everyone from the receptionist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound techs, to our doctor, was amazing. I will say that absolutely get treated at the Lousiville office if you can - they definitely have a better nursing staff and a more friendly vibe than the Lone Tree office (you go there on weekends regardless). My one issue with CCRM was the billing department. They are REALLY BAD - we were all self pay, which makes things easy on their end without having to haggle with insurance. Despite that, there were a number of mistakes and issues, including charging us an extra $4k after a transfer for line items they forgot to charge us for. I have heard they have hired someone new to hopefully improve things, so just know that the billing side will be tough. The quality of the care far outweighs the frustrations with the billing however!
All in start to finish, we spent about $65k.
He very strongly pushes for eSET for the first transfer if your prognosis is good. The general rule at CCRM is two single transfers with CCS embryos, then doing a double transfer if both fail. In our case we were so wrecked after the first failure, and the drugs I had to take for each transfer attempt were essentially all the IVF stim meds (with the associated cost as well) that he didn't have a problem with our request to transfer 2 embryos on our second try. For reference, all our transfers were with CCS tested embryos. He was honest about the risks of multiples and the goal for one healthy baby. He's not interested in you "trying" for twins, and he's absolutely right. But, if you get to the point where its just not happening, he's absolutely willing to adjust course and put in more than 1.

3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I would highly recommend Dr. G [Gustofson]. He was honest about the odds, but still could be very personable and warm. I never felt rushed and could always ask as many questions as I needed to feel comfortable. He was also very available via the clinic's portal and answered emails within 1 business day. There were also a few occasions when he called me to discuss my situation.... Being over 40 years old with no other challenges, he tried a typical protocol for retrieval.
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I would highly recommend Dr. G. He was honest about the odds, but still could be very personable and warm. I never felt rushed and could always ask as many questions as I needed to feel comfortable. He was also very available via the clinic's portal and answered emails within 1 business day. There were also a few occasions when he called me to discuss my situation. I appreciated the personal touches. I would have no concerns about recommending him to anyone.
Always ask questions. He will share all of his knowledge and expertise.
Dr. G is a warm and caring individual and always made me feel like a human. It was his personality and affect that would help to soften the blow of bad news.
Being over 40 years old with no other challenges, he tried a typical protocol for retrieval. When I'd ovulated prior to retrieval, he switched up the protocol and monitored more closely to prevent premature ovulation. That second cycle didn't produce the desired amount of eggs. He'd then recommended embryo banking. The next two cycles were more successful given the changes he'd made to encourage more eggs. Unfortunately PGS testing revealed that age contributed negatively and all tested embryos were abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
From the start, Monica was very helpful and a great support through my 4 cycles. She was very caring and understanding and great about answering my many questions. All was excellent with Monica until my embryos were sent for PGS testing. There was a snafu and lack of communication that most likely began with Monica. It was not resolved until I pushed and pushed. It caused many days of heartache and unnecessary stress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strength is the empathy and compassion that the majority of the staff have for their patients. Regardless of who I interacted with during my many visits over a year and a half, the staff were great. As challenging and emotional as this process can be, it's nice to have caring staff to work with. I also feel their counseling staff were amazing.
$60,000 for embryo banking plan (3 cycles) plus one FET
I appreciated that Dr. G was able to regroup after each cycle to come up with a game plan that worked for me.

PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Gustofson] is great in every way. Explains things in a simple way. Great, funny, professional personality. Answers every question. I never felt like "just a number"... Couldn't ask for a better provider for our journey. He is great in every way. I have no complaints about him as a provider. He is compassionate about what he does and wants to best possible outcome for his patients. Eases my anxiety about this journey and focuses on my needs for treatment.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He is great in every way. Explains things in a simple way. Great, funny, professional personality. Answers every question. I never felt like "just a number"
IUI x 3 with letrozole - 5 days at 5 mg. Injection of pregnyl or novarel for trigger. Several ultrasounds throughout. Follow up as needed depending on test results. 1-2 mature follicles for each round. Negative pregnancy tests x 3 but I responded well to the medications and changes he made along the way based on test results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
We were assigned to Melissa, who was the best nurse we could have asked for with this process. Unfortunately she quit after our third IUI.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinic itself is great. Answers every question in a timely manner. Is flexible with scheduling. Everyone is respectful. Their business office is difficult to work with. Impossible to contact over the phone. Leave messages and nobody calls back. When you use the patient portal to email them, it takes days to hear back. This makes it hard because finances are a huge part of this process and this can become very stressful, especially when you are already dealing with stress from treatments.
Our costs were affordable as my insurance covers 50% IUI, labs, other tests. It does not cover IVF so we won't be able to afford that.
Louisville

Dr Gustofson was very thorough and knowledgeable. You can tell he loves what he does and understands how emotionally draining the process is. We always felt comfortable and in good hands. We had 2 transfers that ended in miscarriage. As heartbreaking as that was, we never felt like Dr Gustofson was to blame.... I had a blood test that came back elevated in a certain area which meant my blood was too thick. So after each transfer I took daily injections of Lovenox to thin it out and prevent blood clots. With the 2nd transfer they did an antihistamine protocol which included a steroid, allergy med, and heartburn med.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Gustofson was very thorough and knowledgeable. You can tell he loves what he does and understands how emotionally draining the process is. We always felt comfortable and in good hands. We had 2 transfers that ended in miscarriage. As heartbreaking as that was, we never felt like Dr Gustofson was to blame. We’ve had several Doctors that we felt it was more about the money to them and we were just a number. We have never felt that way with him. He came highly recommended to me and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility specialist.
If you’re ready to make the IVF jump, you can fully trust Dr Gustofson and his team. It’s a scary journey and you should feel confident in your Dr. You will find that with him.
Dr Gustofson is a very kind man who treated me and my husband like real people that he cares about.
I had a blood test that came back elevated in a certain area which meant my blood was too thick. So after each transfer I took daily injections of Lovenox to thin it out and prevent blood clots. With the 2nd transfer they did an antihistamine protocol which included a steroid, allergy med, and heartburn med. It is a protocol they follow if the first transfer was unsuccessful. After both miscarriages they had me come in for bloodwork and an ultrasound to make sure everything had passed and my hormone levels were returning to normal. With the first miscarriage Dr Gustofson said he thought it was a fluke and the embryo had a cardio or neurological problem. But after the second miscarriage he said he thinks there is something else besides the PCOS going on with my body and they need to do more testing. He doesn’t want to keep doing transfers when obviously something is wrong.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn )
She is very thorough and if she isn’t sure on anything she asks the doctor and gets right back to me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The office is very polite, professional, and respectful. The only issues I had was when I had to talk to someone after hours. The on call person doesn’t know you or you’re background info very well so they’re not very helpful. They just do the best they can.
Testing and bloodwork was covered under insurance. We only had to pay 5%of those costs. Each medication varied expense wise. Some were under $50 and others were a couple hundred dollars. In total they probably cost about $800. The egg retrevial, monitoring, and transfer were one payment of about 25,000. The second transfer was 6,500.
Louisville

Dr. Gustafson is wonderful. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes you feel very comfortable.... Each time that I have met with him, I haven't felt rushed and I have felt like he allowed me to get all of my questions answered no matter how long it took. He always takes notes and provides the notes to me in the end....He also gives you his honest opinion every time without sugar coating anything, but does so in a compassionate manner.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustafson is wonderful. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes you feel very comfortable. It is obvious that he truly wants success for you, and will do everything in his power to make that happen. Each time that I have met with him, I haven't felt rushed and I have felt like he allowed me to get all of my questions answered no matter how long it took. He always takes notes and provides the notes to me in the end. That way if I forget something that he said, I can look back at the notes. He also gives you his honest opinion every time without sugar coating anything, but does so in a compassionate manner. I could not be happier with my experience with Dr. Gustafson so far.
Seeing a doctor who truly cares about you and your treatment like Dr. Gustafson does is worth every penny.
Dr. Gustafson is very compassionate. He takes the time to make sure that you are comfortable with the treatment plan and takes the time to address any questions that you have. He really goes above and beyond for his patients to help them through the difficult process of trying to conceive. He and his wife have been through IVF, so he knows first hand what you are going through.
I am still in the workup stage of an IVF cycle with Dr. Gustafson. He has told me that once I begin the IVF cycle, he will be doing an antagonist protocol with ICSI and CCS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Annalise Eaton)
Our nurse, Annalise, is extremely compassionate and really goes above and beyond for you. The other members of the nursing team have also been great. This clinic truly choses the best of the best in nurses. Their patients are experiences a very difficult and emotional process and it is extremely important for them to have compassionate nurses.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is considered one of the best in the country with high success rates, extremely knowlegable staff and doctors, and state of the art clinics and equipment. This also comes with a high price tag. One weakness of this clinic are it's costs for services. They seem to be much higher in cost than other clinics but I truly believe that you get what you pay for. Another weakness I feel is that their costs are or clearly outlined so that you know exactly what you will be paying ahead of time and it doesn't seem like they try to save you money by not doing treatments that aren't completely necessary. This clinic has so many strengths. They are extremely organized and knowledgeable and you are treated with so much respect and compassion.
The totally costs for my treatment are expected to be around $28,000.
Dr. Gustofson typically uses eSET but will do a transfer of two embryos on some occasions.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Gustofson really does care for his patients. He is always accessible to his patients through the portal system, which is so comforting. No question goes unanswered! He shared some of his personal stories of infertility with my husband and I which made us feel normal and not so alone in this fertility journey.... I had fibroid surgery with Dr. Gustofson in-between the egg retrieval and transfer and he was able to do it laparoscopically which allowed me to heal much faster than a standard myomectomy procedure would.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was always available for us when we had a question or needed to make a last minute appointment. He performed my egg retrieval even though he was not the doctor scheduled to do retrievals that day. He knew I was nervous and far from home and it meant the world to us that he took the time out of his busy day! I had fibroid surgery with Dr. Gustofson in-between the egg retrieval and transfer and he was able to do it laparoscopically which allowed me to heal much faster than a standard myomectomy procedure would. I had a successful transfer 6 weeks later! I really appreciate that he personally calls his patients, even if it's not good news. He is always understanding and sympathetic. We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Gustofson and I would always recommend him to anyone who is in need of fertility services. He is the absolute greatest doctor and I have my sweet little family because of him!
Don't be afraid to ask him questions. He answers all questions no matter how insignificant or difficult/embarrassing the subject may be.
Dr. Gustofson really does care for his patients. He is always accessible to his patients through the portal system, which is so comforting. No question goes unanswered! He shared some of his personal stories of infertility with my husband and I which made us feel normal and not so alone in this fertility journey. When I expressed concerns over some nursing issues, he personally found a nurse on his team that would work closely with me.
I don't remember exactly which protocol I was on, although he did tell us this information. We got exactly the results he predicted - 5 CCS tested normal embryos. He prescribed the exact amount of stim meds I ended up using so we didn't waste any money on extra meds which was extremely helpful. He was concerned my estrogen level was high and he kept a close eye making sure I did not overstimulate.
Our first IVF cycle with CCRM, we had the same nurse throughout the entire length of treatment and she was absolutely wonderful. When we went back a year and a half later to have a second child, we had difficulty with the nurses leaving and we were reassigned a new nurse several times. I had some trouble getting nursing staff to return calls.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM was very helpful and accommodating to their out of state patients. We went to a dinner at CCRM with other out of state patients and had a wonderful time. I think it is so nice that they offer this and it certainly helps their patients feel more at home during their treatment. We never had to wait very long and the nurses and ultrasound technicians were always very professional and helpful. I always felt like we were in a really good place where we were being taken care of in the most professional and caring way.
The cost of treatment was discussed with us and we never incurred any additional costs other than what was agreed upon in the beginning.
We were very thankful that he recommended only using one embryo per transfer as we did not want twins.
Louisville

CCRM can feel like a machine- but Dr G [Gustofson] took that away. He knew my personal history without having to reference my chart, learned what was important to me, have me as much detail as I wanted/ needed, always answered questions promptly, and made an individualized plan based on my concerns... When I didn’t respond as expected to certain meds, he was compassionate but straightforward and adjusted appropriately.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
For someone who is super type A and who was used to being successful at everything, and who had never had a cramp or mood swing, and who was terrified of needles, IVF was a daunting process. Dr. G was what made this experience not only bearable, but successful. At our previous clinic, I rarely saw the doc, was not able to reach him, and felt lost in the shuffle. Dr G took time to get to know my husband and I, how much information we needed to feel comfortable without being overwhelmed, was honest about the risks and side effects of certain medications, and seemed to truly understand how stressful the process was. When I didn’t respond as expected to certain meds, he was compassionate but straightforward and adjusted appropriately. We credit Dr G with our beautiful little girl, and have referred 3 friends all whine have success stories to now share. Don’t be fooled by the bad haircut- Dr G is top notch!
Ignore the rotating cycle of nurses- Dr G is worth it
CCRM can feel like a machine- but Dr G took that away. He knew my personal history without having to reference my chart, learned what was important to me, have me as much detail as I wanted/ needed, always answered questions promptly, and made an individualized plan based on my concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Too many to keep tracj)
This is CCRM’s weakness- the nursing staff seems to be constantly changing. I had some great experiences with nurses who were kind, compassionate and took a personal interest, and 2 awful nurses who didn’t seem to be familiar with my chart/ meds, didn’t understand the urgency of getting results re lab tests prior to pharmacy closing, and did not apologize for errors or stress they created.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Ccrm is a machine- but a well oiled machine. They know what they are doing and have the numbers to prove it. The Louisville and Denver offices offer a much more personalized experience and it is less overwhelming- lone tree is huge and you never see the same nurse twice and the receptionists are cold and not hugely helpful. But, it was still very smoothly running and efficient. They do have amazing counselors and a great support group which was a huge help during this long process.
In 2015/2016, our two retrieval’s and 1 transfer ended up costing around $65,000 (including meds and genetic testing). Shopping around for meds can make a huge difference in how much you spend and didn’t realize that for cycle #1
I was glad Dr G was honest with our chances for success, but also honest about the health risk to myself and any potential baby if we transferred more than 1

How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was my favorite doctor to have while going through fertility and IVF treatments. He was able to explain to us what was going on and what he thought would be the best course of treatment for us. He was always understanding to what we were going through and always let us know the benefits vs. risks for each procedure. I always felt a lot of hope from Dr. Gustofson and knew he was telling me what he truly believed and giving us his honest opinion. When a treatment failed, he was always empathetic and knew what we were going through, and encouraged us to stay hopeful and keep moving forward. I can't thank him enough for everything he did to help us have our child and wouldn't have wanted any other doctor.
I would advise a prospective patient of Dr. Gustofson to ask as many questions as possible and ask him to explain anything that might seem confusing. He's always willing to explain more or give his personal perspective on treatment options.
I felt like a human because Dr. Gustofson made us and our fertility journey feel important. I felt like he was trying to help us as best as he possibly could to reach our dreams of having a child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Annaliese)
The nurses that I worked with and all the staff were very friendly and helpful in explaining procedures and treatment schedules to me. They were always very organized and helped me to understand every step of the treatment I would go through. They were kind and compassionate when things didn't go as planned and encouraged me in moving forward.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think CCRM has some of the best doctors in the world for fertility treatments. Their embryologists are highly rated and some of the best in the business. I always felt like I was getting top of the line treatment there. The only weakness was their billing department and figuring how treatments were billed and what insurance would cover. We had a lot of back and forth conversations with billing on what we owed and why.
Total IVF treatment costs were around $15,000.
For our first FET, Dr. Gustofson recomment we just transfer one embryo because he was very certain we would get pregnant and wanted to avoid us having multiples. When we miscarried after that FET, he allowed us to transfer two embryos for our next FET. He was understanding to our certain situation, although he always recommends going with just one embryo.
Louisville

Dr. Gustofson is so personable, he has excellent bed side manner, I feel he truly cares about outcomes....He was excellent at answering all questions we had and also gave us hope. He did not make promises he could not keep, he did not sugar coat anything but he communicated in such a friendly and caring way. He is excellent.... For our first cycle we used high dose medications, menopur/gonal-f, clomid, omnitrope, ganirelix, and viagra.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment we walked into CCRM we felt like we were finally in the right place. He was excellent at answering all questions we had and also gave us hope. He did not make promises he could not keep, he did not sugar coat anything but he communicated in such a friendly and caring way. He is excellent.
If you openly communicate what you would like, whether it is changes in plan or choices he will be open to this and he is excellent at receiving feedback.
For our first cycle we used high dose medications, menopur/gonal-f, clomid, omnitrope, ganirelix, and viagra. We got 4 follicles more than we ever had before. This cycle I asked if we could adjust to less medications and do "mini-stim" and he was open to this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Aiyana)
All of the staff at CCRM is amazing. We always feel everyone is looking out for us and we both (my husband and I) do not feel like cattle be herding through. We do not feel like a number here. It is an excellent place.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic has a reputation for an excellent lab. The clinic also has support services, like counseling. We used this service when we first arrived to CCRM from another clinic with a horrific experience. The last place was so traumatizing it made us scared to move forward. The counselor was wonderful and helped us communicate our fears and concerns and gave us excellent resources.
The cost of ER was around 12,000. The cost for embryology department was around 5,000. This is a rough estimate. They did give us a discount for being active duty military.
We have not got to the point of transfer so I can not say.

8 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Gustofson is always smiling. He was always patient and took time to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed. Dr. Gustofson does not speak down to you or try to dumb things down - he’ll answer your questions scientifically and wait for additional questions. For me, this gave me a great deal of confidence in his knowledge and experience. His bedside manner is second to none. He is calming and kind at all times. If I had to include a weakness, it would be his support (and maybe experience) with complementary practices such as acupuncture, reiki and yoga. I’m a yoga instructor so I may be a bit biased, but I think meditation and fertility yoga should be more highly emphasized. But otherwise, Dr. G was the best I could have asked for.
8 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Feel free to come up with, and ask, as many questions as you need to. He will never make you feel dumb for asking or rushed out of his office.
Dr. Gustofson was always friendly and kind and spent as much time as needed to answer all our questions. He remembered previous conversations months later and you always felt like he cared. His wife also went through similar treatment and this makes him very relatable and vice versa.
Microflare protocol with patches. Estrace Testosterone Provera Lupron Saizen Menopur Gonal-F Increased egg production since I had low ovarian reserve and low follicle count.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn)
I had an amazing primary care nurse named Lesley but she left to another job. Then I got another nurse named Joanna who was a terrible communicator, not organized at all and made me feel very nervous that things were being missed. I requested that my doc assign me a different primary care nurse. I was assigned to another (who then left) and finally to Kathryn who was great. He nursing team works very cooperatively and I would often get calls from other nurses but didn’t mind at all. The one thing that could be improved is that each nurse only works 4 days a week, so if you have an emergency on their day off, it’s a little nerve-wracking, even though one of the other nurses will call you back with answers... it would still be nice to have access to your primary are nurse at least 5 days a week.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It’s a beautiful clinic and they’re quite professional and friendly. Strengths are expertise and quality. Weaknesses are providing all information effectively. The docs are great at communicating, but sometimes I felt the nurses and front desk staff didn’t explain things clearly. Or would point to this tiny font at the bottom of a page somewhere and say “Oh that info is right here. You didn’t see it?” Meanwhile you’re hopped up on fertility drugs and just trying to make it through the day. So perhaps empathy is also a bit of an issue with front desk staff and nursing staff. But all in all, a positive experience and I always had confidence that I was getting the best treatment possible in the world.
Pricey
Lone Tree

Dr. G [Gustofson] evaluated all of our tests individually, determined a plan specific to our needs and did our transfer when my body was ready. It wasn’t a one size fits all plan. He was always available for questions and never made you feel like you were a burden. He always made sure you understood each step of the way. He was caring and compassionate and very calming and reassuring.... He never rushed us through an appointment, made sure we understood everything, he was always free for questions and quick to respond via the patient portal.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G was amazing. Being a health care professional, it was very important to me to have the best and he was. He never rushed us through an appointment, made sure we understood everything, he was always free for questions and quick to respond via the patient portal. He was caring, compassionate, empathetic, incredibly smart and a great problem solver.
Just to make sure to double check if you are not sure about something or if something doesn’t sound right. Sometimes there is a break down in communication between the doctors and the doctors and nurses.
Dr. G evaluated all of our tests individually, determined a plan specific to our needs and did our transfer when my body was ready. It wasn’t a one size fits all plan. He was always available for questions and never made you feel like you were a burden. He always made sure you understood each step of the way. He was caring and compassionate and very calming and reassuring.
For stim-estrace, cetrotide, menopur, gonal-f, saizen, dexamethsone with pregnyl for trigger. For FET-vivelle, endometrin, progesterone and antihistamine protocol. I did not use BCP or lupron because I kept ovulating through both.
My primary nurse was great. She was compassionate, understanding, returned calls same day. I had issues however, with miscommunication between her and the other nurses when she was gone. I also had an issue where the doctor gave me a new protocol and she gave me a different one than he wanted. If I wouldn’t have questioned it, I would have been on the wrong FET protocol.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I would say the clinic overall is amazing, especially compared to the clinic I was previously at. They are all very nice, helpful and caring. The clinic seems to be a well oiled machine. The only issues I had were miscommunication between the doctors and the doctors and nurses. In addition to the protocol mix up and the miscommunication between my normal nurse and someone filling in for her, there was also miscommunication between the doctors. I was suppose to have a polp removed during my egg retrieval, but the day of my retrieval fell on a day where Dr. G was not in and another doctor did my retrieval and she said she did not see the polyp and it was not removed. I then had to go back again and have it removed later without anesthesia and had to pay again to have it done.
We paid $5000 for our one day work up, $26,000 for the IVF, $12,000 for meds.
Due to my age and quality of embryos, we decided to just do one embryo.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. G [Gustofson] has a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly, honest about our probability to get pregnant, willing to take the time to ensure we understood the process, answered all our questions in layman terms, and gave us his direct line/email address if we had any questions. He was always prompt getting back to us.... I had a thin uterus lining issue and after the standard protocol hadn't worked, we agreed that an aggressive drug protocol was required. Even after this recommendation we couldn't get my lining up to the standard acceptable thickness.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I answered this question previously Strengths: excellent communicator - patiently answered all our questions to ensure that we were comfortable about the IVF process. Even gave us his direct email address/direct line and promptly responded when required. Warm/honest demeanor - was sensitive and direct at the same time to our IVF journey. Called us directly when we miscarried and when we tested positive for pregnancy. Congratulated us on our successful twins. professional at all times. The best doctor I ever had.
Trust him - he knows what he is doing.
Dr. G has a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly, honest about our probability to get pregnant, willing to take the time to ensure we understood the process, answered all our questions in layman terms, and gave us his direct line/email address if we had any questions. He was always prompt getting back to us. Couldn't ask for a better doctor
I had a thin uterus lining issue and after the standard protocol hadn't worked, we agreed that an aggressive drug protocol was required. Even after this recommendation we couldn't get my lining up to the standard acceptable thickness. Dr G. discussed our options, probability of success and we all decided on how to proceed.
Kristi is awesome - she was always prompt in responding to emails. She celebrated the highs and commiserated with the lows in our IVF journey.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinics strengths is that it is a one stop shop - you get everything you need in one place without the wait. Results are prompt if not immediate. Weaknesses - It is expensive and it is definitely run like a business. We knew the cost upfront but I found it a little overwhelming the amount of times I had to pull out my credit card and sometimes for things that I didn't think were necessary.
I cannot remember in US$ but it was the amount discussed in the initial meeting. There were no hidden charges only the additional charges due to delay in IVF procedure due to lining issues
Dr G strongly recommended the eSET but after the first miscarriage we decided to go with the multiple as this would be our last attempt to have children. Dr G made us aware of the potential risks and after discussing all options, we all agreed on strategy moving forward

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
The information I provided in the section asking if he treated us like humans is a good summary of all my interactions with Dr. Gustofson. He was also the only doctor at the practice where you could email him directly (through the portal) instead of just emailing one of his nurses. He always would email back the same day, often mid-day. His responses were thorough and well-thought-out, not rushed. We personally didn't want to continue treatment with our own genetics after 4 transfers, 3 pregnancies/miscarriages, despite the fact that they were with untested embryos. I know theoretically we could have done another retrieval, done testing, and tried again, but we were emotionally drained after so much loss. We decided to move on to donor embryos and he was very supportive. Dr. Gustofson also experienced infertility in his marriage, and he and his wife needed IVF to conceive. He's very open about that and I think there's something that makes him more compassionate because he has experienced infertility as well.
Don't be afraid to express what you want to do with your treatment plan. He'll work with you to make sure you're comfortable with everything.
Dr. Gustofson was incredibly respectful of our wishes throughout the whole process, and never made us feel like we were making the wrong decision(s). He was there to offer guidance and treatment in collaboration with us. We knew we wanted to transfer all 5 embryos before moving on, even though it became clear over time that there was something wrong with them and they likely would not result in a living child. Never once did he pressure us to move on prematurely. He also made sure to email me my beta results directly when one of the nurses failed to follow my wishes and not let me know numbers (after a few too many pregnancies with crappy, but increasing, betas), and he felt bad so he wanted to deliver the subsequent beta information himself, even on a Saturday. When we decided to move on to donor embryos, he was very supportive, and didn't try to push another IVF cycle on us.
Egg retrieval was an antagonist protocol beginning with OCP/BCP. I took 1 vial of Menopur and 150 units of Follistim daily. Trigger was Lupron only. Transfers required a hysteroscopy before each one because I had a miscarriage the first three transfers in a row. Then I would do a cycle of OCP/BCP with an overlap of 10 units Lupron a week before finishing OCP. Drop Lupron to 5 units and begin Vivelle patch on 3rd day of period, increasing gradually to 4 patches. Then stop Lupron, continue patches, and start Endometrin plus Progesterone in Oil leading up to transfer. Continue 4 patches, Endometrin 100mg 2x/day, PIO 1ml every other day until beta and then adjust as needed.
Monica was very nice and was almost always the person I spoke to and saw each visit. She definitely got more and more invested in us as patients as we went through more, had more pregnancies, and had ongoing losses that stretched out over weeks of crappy betas. She was very compassionate and cried with us more than once.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
As far as quality goes, this is a top-notch organization. The facility is beautiful, in my experience they run very on time, and the care is great. They're also the only clinic in the state that offers donor embryos, which ended up being important to us. The business office is absolutely terrible. I don't think they ever submitted my claims in full or correctly, and when I would ask them a question, I'd get something completely different in response. It was like we were speaking a different language. On more than one occasion I had to escalate things because it had gotten so ridiculous. It was clear that this clinic mostly deals with people without insurance and they'd rather just accept payment in full and not deal with claims stuff.
They have standard fees for IVF cycles and transfer cycles. I did not get the feeling at any point that I was receiving different pricing than another patient.
Generally speaking, Dr. Gustofson followed the ASRM recommendations and his clinic's guidelines for embryo transfer. He suggested transferring two on our third transfer since one of the embryos was a poorer quality and we had had multiple losses. When we moved on to donor embryos, he left the decision up to us. He seemed to personally think we should transfer one, but let us know that over 90% of donor embryo patients choose to transfer two. We ended up transferring one based on his recommendation and my own history of conceiving.

2012 - 2017
Dr.G [Gustofson] would take the time to answer any and all questions we had. After a transfer and the 9 day wait when the nurse called with the results Dr G would also call as a follow up. Regardless if it was good or bad news.... When he does a transfer he talks me thru the steps of what to expect. But he also would talk me thru it as he was doing it. I absolutely love Dr. G. He has never pushed us in anyway. We tried all options before IVF
2012 - 2017
Latino, Native American, Other
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr G was and is absolutely amazing. After our IVF/IVM transfers he would call after the nurses just to congratulate us on our news. He would sit there and talk with us during consults and follow ups. When he does a transfer he talks me thru the steps of what to expect. But he also would talk me thru it as he was doing it. I absolutely love Dr. G. He has never pushed us in anyway. We tried all options before IVF and he was supportive thru it all. Even when we were worried about IVF expense he found a study called IVM that was going on that he got us into to help with the Cost. I had 2 miscarriages and he was extremely understanding when we went thru it as well as compassionate. When leaving the room he knew how hard it was so he makes it where we can leave and just walk out and not have to see anyone.
Ask questions. He’s a doctor and has been doing what he does for a long time. He has heard it all, so don’t be afraid to ask him. He’s an amazing man.
Dr.G would take the time to answer any and all questions we had. After a transfer and the 9 day wait when the nurse called with the results Dr G would also call as a follow up. Regardless if it was good or bad news. Even the front desk receptionist were great.
I was diagnosed with PCOS with Dr G. He explained to me what it is and a plan of action. We started with timed intercourse. This included some hormones and a trigger shot. After 2 times we then did 2IUIs. Same hormones and a trigger shot. Only this time my husbands semen needed to be fresh for the IUI. The nurses did this and it seemed just find neither worked. We also did IVM which is less hormones. It was a study for a cheaper route. Basically taking immature follicles and growing them outside of the body. Before the transfer. We did this and transferred 2. We did this twice both ended in miscarriage. This then moved us to IVF. Hormones, shots and patches. We also did genetic testing just to make sure everything was fine with that. We transferred 1 embryo. It took and we had our son. Also transferred last year and had our daughter. So for IVF both took and resulted in our kiddos.
My nurse was amazing. Whenever I’d meet with her if she was busy they wouldn’t keep us waiting long and another nurse would come in. However if I really wanted to talk to a nurse we would either wait or she would call us same day
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I feel like they communicate to me and my spouse really well. They work with us on payments for the expenses owed. I even had the lady who deals with the payments help me pick my insurance plan that would best help me and covering IVF Cost. The office remains clean. They take care of everyone and they made me feel like I mattered. I have had 3 friends use them and have the same experience with CCRM in general. I have a friend that just started seeing them and is doing her IVF process.
Before having our first sin we spent around 25k. But this included everything leading up to our first IVF transfer (timed intercourse, IUI, IVM and IVF). Our second transfer was around 15K. That includes medication as well. The patches are the most expensive. About $30 a patch and you get up to 4 patches that are changed every other day.
They want to transfer one as they want to get you pregnant. They did change the policy that if you do genetic testing you can pick the gender. As long as you have multiple embryos that are best quality. It’s ultimately up to you and your doctor for single or multiple embryo transfer.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Gustofson] was incredibly understanding and let us know that he had personally gone through fertility issues while trying to conceive his children. He would call and check on us after procedures and appointments. He was always genuine.... When we first started we were trying for a successful IUI. We have male factor so my husband was put on clomid. The meds were working and it looked very promising. Shortly into the meds my husband developed a DVT blood clot which ended the path to IUI and put us on the fast track to IVF.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Fertility is incredibly hard and I believe our Doctor is the reason we continued to try. Without his encouragement and compassion we would have given up. He is truly remarkable and we owe him so much.
Do not let be afraid to ask him questions. He will always be there for you and you shouldn’t ever feel left in the dark or afraid. He is there for you 100%.
He was incredibly understanding and let us know that he had personally gone through fertility issues while trying to conceive his children. He would call and check on us after procedures and appointments. He was always genuine.
When we first started we were trying for a successful IUI. We have male factor so my husband was put on clomid. The meds were working and it looked very promising. Shortly into the meds my husband developed a DVT blood clot which ended the path to IUI and put us on the fast track to IVF. Since we were both still in our 20s at the time and all was fine with me we had a successful egg retrieval. We ended up with 3 embryos. We tranfered the 1st embryo which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We then transferred the second which didn’t take at all. At that point our doctor wanted to reevaluate everything as he believed we should have had a successful pregnancy. He had his colleagues review our case they they felt he had done everything they would have. He suggested we try for another egg retrieval and have those embryos tested along with our 3rd embryo from the first retrieval. We needed to have our tests redone and in doing so they were able to compare my results from a year before. At that time they discovered my egg reserve was in rapid decline. We changed our protocol this time and used HGH this retrieval resulted in less eggs retrieved but we had more success with the number of embryos. This time we had 6 make it to freeze. We then sent all 7 embryos for CCS testing. The 6 from the second transfer all came back perfect. The 1 from the first transfer came back inconclusive. We asked if we had both boys and girls frozen and were told yes. We asked that he transfer the embryo with the highest odds of live birth. We did not know the gender of the embryo transferred. We now have a 10mo baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kris)
We actually had a few nurses. Our first primary nurse Rachel was incredible but she left to become a LND. Our second primary nurse Lindsey was promoted and moved to another location. She was also amazing. We were then in limbo which was difficult but ended up with the head nurse Kris. I believe that all the nurses we had contact with were exceptitional.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Weaknesses would 100% be the billing department. We had many issues with things not being sent to insurance or not getting preapproved. We were told a few times things had been sent or taken care of and they hadn’t. We also couldn’t get people in billing to respond/communicate with us. We eventually had to go to our nurses and even the Dr. for help in dealing with billing. This is our only complaint. When fertility and these procedures cost so much the billing department needs to be too notice like the doctors and nurses were working with.
$18000 first retrieval and transfer $25000 second retrieval/genetic testing and transfer
We always transferred one because he felt that would give the baby the best odds and with my age there was no need to risk the health of the baby by transferring two. With our third transfer he said we could transfer 2 but he would feel much better given that the embryos had been ccs tested and the grades of the embryos to transfer 1.
Louisville

He [Dr. Gustofson] took his time to thoroughly explain everything and every step to us and used layman’s terms we would also understand. He also took the time to call me with the genetic results and was very candid during the conversation. He made sure I felt comfortable and well informed throughout the whole process.... I have nothing bad to say about him. He made us feel very comfortable throughout the whole process. We have since moved out of state but will go back to him when we are ready to have our second child.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I have nothing bad to say about him. He made us feel very comfortable throughout the whole process. We have since moved out of state but will go back to him when we are ready to have our second child. There is another location that would be much closer, but it isn’t in consideration because we love him and the office so much
Trust what he says. He knows what he is talking about and can answer any concerns you may have.
He took his time to thoroughly explain everything and every step to us and used layman’s terms we would also understand. He also took the time to call me with the genetic results and was very candid during the conversation. He made sure I felt comfortable and well informed throughout the whole process.
We were one of the lucky ones where the whole process seemed to move right on track, but I am dealing with mommy brain and some of the process I really don’t remember. I just remember that we were beyond pleased with everything he said and did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
Melissa was a major rock for me. She saw me each and every time is was in, even if it was just a blood draw. I spoke to her many times on the phone also. During our conversations she did JSU focus on how is was doing physically but mentally also. I remember one time, when everything was so stressful, breaking down and she just listened. She never made it seem like she didn’t have time or needed to move on to the next person. She was the nurse work at the Lone Tree location when we went in for the blood draw for our pregnancy results and was the one to call us with the good news. She even cried on the phone with us because she was so happy. We found out, after our move and birth of our daughter, that she has since left and we were sad to hear, but trust the other nurses we saw there. It just won’t be the same without Melissa.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville office is amazing with very supportive staff. CCRM’s business office is a very different story. They were not helpful and I had to call and email multiple times regarding the same issue. I felt with a few different people who never seemed to know the whole story about what went on in the office. Dealing with them was the worst part of the whole experience.
At the time we had insurance coverage, but parts of their billing was out of next work so we had to file claims without insurance. We also had to pay everything up front and file claims with our insurance for what we could. This is were the issues with the billing office started. In the end we only ended up getting back about half of what we should have do to one issue or another.
He was will to do what we wanted, but highly recommended doing only a single. He explained that while the percentage of a pregnancy that would take from a multiple embryo transfer, the percentage for multiple babies was also greater. This would put more of a strain on my and our babies which could possibly cause more issues. He looks at your overall health instead of padding his stats for pregnancies.
Louisville

Dr. Gustofson personally called with all results from CCS testing, he called to congratulate us when we got a positive beta result. He allowed us to email him directly at any time with any questions and his response time was quick. Each time we met with him it was clear he had taken time to review our records and knew our situation, even remembering personal details...He's straightforward, honest, doesn't sugar coat things and leaves room for hope if there is a possibility of hope. He has a good sense of humor and genuinely cares about his patients and their success.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We absolutely love Dr. G and would recommend him in a heartbeat. He's straightforward, honest, doesn't sugar coat things and leaves room for hope if there is a possibility of hope. He has a good sense of humor and genuinely cares about his patients and their success.
Ask questions, don't be afraid to email him directly.
I was on the MicroFlare Lupron protocol with Omnitrope and estrogen and testosterone priming. We did this for two cycles and got a total of 4 normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Annalise)
Very much on top of ordering medication, walking me through dates on our retrieval and transfer calendar, ensuring all appts were made and steps I needed to take were clear. Very compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has an amazing lab, I had two other doctors perform procedures (other than my doctor -- Barton and Surrey) and they were both amazing.... great bedside manner, clear explanations of what to expect, great results both times. The billing office was the only weakness I encountered with the clinic and lately it seems to have gotten better, I heard they've hired more people and response times/quality of responses seems to have improved. The billing is confusing, though many aspects of medical billing can be confusing.
Dr. G strongly recommended a single embryo transfer, which brought us relief as we were worried about the risks of multiples and he brought those up as concerns on his end as well.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Gustofson] was nice enough during testing but once my numbers revealed I wouldn't be a good candidate for IVF (and I was not inclined to use a Donor Egg ) he grew cold and no longer returned emails. He was compassionate when he revealed I had poor egg health but then immediately launched into Donor Egg and adoption without even giving the option of IVF, even if we knew it would be "throwing away" our money.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He was nice enough during testing but once my numbers revealed I wouldn't be a good candidate for IVF (and I was not inclined to use a Donor Egg ) he grew cold and no longer returned emails. He was compassionate when he revealed I had poor egg health but then immediately launched into Donor Egg and adoption without even giving the option of IVF, even if we knew it would be "throwing away" our money.
I assume he's great if you fit his profile for a successful IVF; otherwise, you will get no help from him. Look for someone else who is actually willing to treat you, regardless of whether it is good for THEIR numbers.
They only seemed interested in me if I fit their profile for successful IVF and could pay their outrageous fees. They were not very forthcoming with info--I had to ask multiple times to have test results sent--and did not always respond to emails.
After being told IVF was not an option due to poor egg health, they then said I could do IUI if I wanted to pay. If my numbers aren't good enough for IVF, why would they be ok for IUI?! (Because they don't have to report IUI numbers to the CDC and are more than happy to take your money if there is no risk to their reputation.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Incredibly bossy and not very forthcoming with information. I had to ask for copies of test results several times and double check that correct ones were sent.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Lots of patients, nice facilities, good locations. BUT they are all about keeping their success numbers high and making MONEY. If you don't fit their treatment profile or can't afford the procedures you can forget any help or compassion from the staff. Also, would not file claims with insurance--sent forms to me and made me do it. All other clinics I've been to at least did the filing with insurance, even if insurance declined to pay for some treatments.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. G [Gustofson] was personable and available to answer any and all questions. During our interactions, he always acted like we were his main focus and never seemed rushed...At the age of 40, with PCOS, one ovary and very low egg response to three -four previous IVF attempts at a different clinic, Dr. G recommended donor eggs and ICSI. I also had to have a uterine fibroid removed prior to transfer,..He explained everything thoroughly, answered all questions and reassured us we were in good hands
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is personable, kind, empathetic, caring, knowledgeable and a terrific doctor. He explained everything thoroughly, answered all questions and reassured us we were in good hands. He is the reason we chose CCRM.
Be upfront with your goals and any preconceived notions. Dr. G will help you understand if they are realistic but he will do so in a kind, compassionate manner.
Dr. G was personable and available to answer any and all questions. During our interactions, he always acted like we were his main focus and never seemed rushed.
At the age of 40, with PCOS, one ovary and very low egg response to three -four previous IVF attempts at a different clinic, Dr. G recommended donor eggs and ICSI. I also had to have a uterine fibroid removed prior to transfer, which was not previously diagnosed at the other clinic.
My nurse Kristi was amazing. She was on top of all the details, knew what my next steps were, and was fabulous about communicating everything. I would have been so lost without her help!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM's strengths: Knowledgeable doctors, fabulous lab, central location, well-educated staff, and they get results. Weaknesses: Their business office. If CCRM didn't get results, I would not have done business with them because their business office made everything so painful. Their billing statements and amounts were often incorrect, it was impossible to get anyone on the phone and on the rare occurrence someone was reached, it was hard to get an accurate answer. I know I am not alone in issues with the billing department/business office. The other issue is that everything has to be sent via fax and there were a few times I was told that CCRM hadn't received info from my local monitoring clinic, when the local clinic had sent (and had proof) and CCRM later discovered it. This caused undue stress and made several local clinics cancel local monitoring for CCRM patients.
For all procedures, meds, two transfers and donor, the cost was around $40,000.
Dr. G helped us decide to transfer only one embryo based on my age and potential for risks.
Lone Tree

Dr. G[ustofson] somehow was both gentle and very honest when talking to us about our chances of success. We had the utmost faith in his abilities when treating us - we felt like he was extremely knowledgeable, experienced and a top caliber physician. Even if we didn't see him at one of the routine lab appointments, he still reviewed our results and gave notes to the nurse, which made it feel like he was there every single step of the way.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G somehow was both gentle and very honest when talking to us about our chances of success. We had the utmost faith in his abilities when treating us - we felt like he was extremely knowledgeable, experienced and a top caliber physician. Even if we didn't see him at one of the routine lab appointments, he still reviewed our results and gave notes to the nurse, which made it feel like he was there every single step of the way. In retrospect, the only thing that stood out as sort of challenging was us not fully knowing what would happen if things didn't go according to plan. To be totally fair - this was to keep us focused on the plan successfully working rather than potentially needlessly worrying. For example - When we were gearing up for the frozen transfer and selected the embryo to transfer, I asked what would happen if this one didn't take. He assured me that there was a plan B (and wouldn't reveal what it was), but wanted me to be focused on plan A succeeding.
Dr. G is very happy to answer questions and to meet with you. Take advantage of this.
The very first appointment we had with Dr. G started with us talking about our mutual home state of Florida, and how much we all loved Colorado, snow and skiing. It was nice to get to know him a little bit on a personal level before diving into our case. It also was very clear that he had spent some time reviewing our medical records that were transferred over to his office - he knew our history before we even walked in to his office. Every time he saw us, he knew who we were, gave us a warm smile and handshake, and brought up non-medical things we had chatted about at our previous visits.
OCP Antagonist protocol with the goal of fresh embryo transfer. We ended up just going through egg retrieval and not doing a fresh transfer since my estrogen levels were through the roof and I was at risk for OHSS. Protocol included ~2 weeks of birth control, followed by stim meds. Those were Menopur in the morning, Gonal F + dexamethasone at night. Then after 5 days I added in Cetrotide in the mornings for another 5 days. For the trigger I ended up not needing Lupron and just did an injection of HCG. I also was on antibiotics around time of egg retrieval. They retrieved 30 eggs, which was a great number. I was hoping for 20-25. About 15 of them fertilized (half with ICSI, half on their own) and 8 looked good by day 5 and went into the freezer. We then had to wait for me to start my period (took about ~12 days if I remember correctly), and on day 3 of my cycle i started birth control pills again for about ~2 weeks to kick off a Frozen Transfer cycle. This cycle started with estrogen patches (Vivelle) which i swapped out every other day. Then after about 10 days I started Endometrin (progesterone) vaginal suppositories 2x a day, Medrol, Estrace, Doxycycline and a intramuscular Progesterone in Oil injection every other day up til transfer (about 6 days of this regiment). We transferred 1 frozen embryo and continued on the patches, endometrin, estrace, and progesterone in oil. 10 days later I went in for a pregnancy blood test and found out that afternoon that we were pregnant. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and have just received instructions for weaning off the meds, and expect to be totally finished with them in about a week and a half.
Chris was very kind, compassionate, and was totally our cheerleader. She was very on top of our treatment cycles and also was very prompt at answering questions and calling with our lab results. We couldn't ask for a better nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
If it's not too much trouble distance-wise, I'd definitely recommend for patients to go to the Louisville office rather than Lone Tree. We had all of our regular appointments at Louisville and it was nice to get to know the staff. It was consistently the same team at the front desk, for blood draws, ultrasounds, and I was able to meet with Chris almost every time. We had to go to the Lonetree office for a few weekend Ultrasounds + labs, as well as the retrieval and transfer procedures and I could see how it could feel a bit more like a factory and less personal.
Our fresh embryo transfer through Optum Parent Steps program (a program offered through our Insurance agency United Healthcare) cost about $14,000. Medications for the fresh transfer were about $3500. Our Frozen Embryo Transfer (also through Optum Parent Steps) cost $4500. Medications for the frozen transfer were about $600, and once I was pregnant the meds were another $1200 to last me through week 10 (at which time I weaned off).
Very strongly encouraged eSET. Said our chances of success was about 70% for SET due to my age (under 35) and the quality grade of our embryo (4AB), and that our risk of multiples was very high if we transferred 2 (like 60% chance of twins). He positioned it like "The ASRM guidelines recommend 1 embryo to transfer since you have a favorable prognosis, so we're going to transfer 1 embryo right?". I had considered transferring two because we were so desperate for a baby but I'm so so glad we followed the recommendation and transferred one.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Robert Gustofson] recommended ICSI to give us the best odds of fertilization (since we've never had a positive pregnancy test and don't know where the problem is occurring). He also recommended CCS testing followed by an FET given my age (38) and to give us the best odds of a pregnancy the first time around...Since doing two egg retrievals and one (successful) FET with Dr. G, I began to feel more of a rapport. You see the doctor more often during the IVF process and he calls personally with results of CCS testing. I found him to be empathetic and caring during the IVF process.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is young-ish (I'd say early 40s). He is a nice man and clearly strives to be compassionate towards his patients. He is very knowledgeable and I rarely felt that a question I had that wasn't answered to my satisfaction. He goes into each consultation with lots of information, so usually most of my questions were answered by his initial spiel. We picked him because we wanted to go with CCRM and heard that he had a better bedside manner than Schoolcraft or Surrey. Overall, I'm happy with our choice.
This may sound a little strange, but come armed with some ice-breaker small talk before your initial consultation appointment. The first time we met with him, he tried to ask us questions to break the ice, but we were so tired, overwhelmed, and nervous that his attempt fell flat as a pancake. He clearly really wants to connect with his patients and make sure their experience is pleasant, but he's not a super gregarious guy. We like him, but have never felt a great rapport and I wonder if we would feel differently if we had been able to make a personal connection during this first visit. Also - this is true of all CCRM doctors - but you won't see him much. But, if you have questions, he's very good about responding to emails. He's responded to all of my email questions within 24 hours.
Dr. G is a very nice man and a good doctor. He acknowledges the emotional piece of the process and has shared with us that he and his wife did IVF to conceive their first child. I still haven't felt an amazing rapport with him, but that's partly because most of our interactions at CCRM are with the nurses, not the doctor. UPDATE: Since doing two egg retrievals and one (successful) FET with Dr. G, I began to feel more of a rapport. You see the doctor more often during the IVF process and he calls personally with results of CCS testing. I found him to be empathetic and caring during the IVF process.
I have unexplained infertility, with the only known issue is a short luteal phase. We started out with Clomid + IUI (including HCG trigger shot and progesterone support). He explained that Clomid works better than Femara for short luteal phase. He gave us a 40% chance that IUI would work over the course of 3 cycles. We never had a positive pregnancy test from the IUIs. We then moved on to IVF. He recommended ICSI to give us the best odds of fertilization (since we've never had a positive pregnancy test and don't know where the problem is occurring). He also recommended CCS testing followed by an FET given my age (38) and to give us the best odds of a pregnancy the first time around. He predicted that one cycle of IVF would yield 6 embryos, 3 of which would be CCS normal. Our first egg retrieval, we did estrogen priming with Protocol 3 and a lupron trigger shot. We ended up with 14 eggs, 9 mature, 6 fertilized, 3 blastocysts, and one CCS normal. In our regroup, he explained that he was surprised by our results, but suspected that it was probably a pattern that it explained why I hadn't gotten pregnant naturally. It took a year's worth of eggs in perfect laboratory conditions to get one viable embryo. We decided to do a second IVF cycle to bank more embryos, because ideally we want two children. He switched the protocol for this next one in the hopes of getting more eggs/embryos, and noted that this part of the process was more art than science. We did testosterone priming and microdose lupron flare (protocol 6). This cycle was much more exciting and dramatic! At my first follicle check, one follicle had shot way ahead and was already over 20mm! After this, he told me to stop the microdose lupron and added ganorelix to keep me from ovulating. Ultimately, we let the lead follicle "go" and waited for the others to reach a good size. This time we did an HCG trigger shot, which I think helped a ton with egg maturity. We got 22 eggs, 13 mature, and 12 fertilized. 6 made it to blast this time, but, alas, only one was CCS normal. In some ways, the second retrieval seemed way more successful, but the ultimate result was the same as the first. This experience confirmed that there was definitely a pattern of something wrong with my eggs (or possibly the combination of my eggs and my husband's sperm). Even though it wasn't the result we wanted, I felt relieved to find out what was going on. Rather than bank more embryos, we moved on to an FET, which fortunately was successful on the first attempt! I don't think we did anything special - just the standard month of birth control pills, followed by estrogen patches, vaginal estrace, vaginal progesterone (endometrin), and progesterone in oil injections. The vaginal estrace was added once it was determined that my lining was borderline too thin. Those drugs continued until we started weaning after our 8.5 week ultrasound.
I love our nurse Chris! She is peppy, kind, and genuine. You don't always get to speak to your assigned nurse, but overall I've had a good experience with most of the nurses I've interacted with. I didn't run into any problems with communicating - everyone emails or calls back in a short amount of time. And for the most part, the nurses all have positive attitudes, which makes a huge difference given how difficult and emotional this process is.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is one of the best in the business and is a well-oiled machine. I rarely feel like "just a number." This may be because I go to the Louisville clinic, which is smaller and less "fertility industrial complex" seeming than the Lone Tree office. This is the only clinic I've been to, so I don't have much to compare it to. However, based on things my friends have said about their experiences with other clinics, I think CCRM does a particularly good job of managing expectations. You will have to undergo all of their testing even if you've done some of it before. This is part of the well-oiled machine piece. And, they won't start treatment until all testing is done. This felt a little frustrating at first, but I respect that they want to be thorough before they decided on treatment options. The main issue I've had with the Louisville office is going in for blood draws. For example, I would call and let them know I needed my thyroid levels re-checked and schedule an appointment. When I got there, the phlebotomist was prepared to test for something other than my TSH. What was happening is that the receptionist just scheduled "blood draw" and then the nurses were guessing what I might need given my chart and calendar, and they didn't always guess right. Any time you get a blood draw, be sure to check the label that it's for the right thing! I know this issue has been brought up, but I'm still running into this problem. The best solution is to tell the receptionist to make a "phone note" about what the blood draw is for and then double-check the blood draw label when you go in.
I think the initial testing was $4K; we spent around $5-6K on three IUIs. We spent about $50-60K for two rounds of IVF/ICSI/CCS and one FET (including medications).
Dr. G recommended single embryo transfer because we will be doing CCS. He said the odds of a pregnancy after transferring one chromosomally normal embryo would be 65-70%. If we were to transfer two, our odds would go up to 80%, but the risk of twins would be 60%. We were concerned about the risk of twins (and preferred to use our only 2 embryos to try for two, non-twin siblings) so we went forward with the eSET, which was successful.

Other, Unexplained
Dr. G [Gustofson] was very thorough when it came to our treatment options. He is very genuine and personable and helped make this difficult process a lot easier on us....Dr. Gustofson was amazing to work with during this difficult part of our lives. He took the time to sit down and go over our options and get to know us. He is a genuine human being and you could tell he was actually interested in getting to know us and our situation...I would definitely recommend using Dr. Gustofson. He will explain everything fully and is open to any questions.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G was very thorough when it came to our treatment options. He is very genuine and personable and helped make this difficult process a lot easier on us. We ended up going back to see him to get pregnant with baby number 2 and would definitely recommend him to others.
I know there are a few different Dr's to chose from within CCRM but I would definitely recommend using Dr. Gustofson. He will explain everything fully and is open to any questions.
For the first pregnancy, we did 8 cycles of clomid and letrozole and 4 of those were IUI's the 4th one took. I only ovulate on one side because of my uterine malformation that's why there were cycles without an IUI. For the second pregnancy all it took was 1 cycle of Letrozole and 1 IUI and it took. We now have 2 beautiful babies thanks to the help of Dr. G and CCRM.
We had a pretty good experience with the nursing staff, no real issues.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM Louisville is a smaller more personable clinic than the other locations. We had to go to the other 2 locations for different procedures and it was a bit of a difference and I could see how people could feel not as appreciated at those locations. However altogether I was very pleased with how we were treated and the company was ran as a whole.
17k ish

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. G is very personable and manages to balance a difficult topic with grace and humor. He helped us to feel very at ease throughout our treatment. Although he would write things out while talking to us about them we would still sometimes feel a little overwhelmed at the sheer amount of information. He also at times covered things very quickly. However we always felt that we had time to ask questions or clarify anything we might be confused about. We always felt like we were the patients he was focused on in that moment - it never seemed like we were rushed during our consults with him.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared for a lot of information and to ask questions and not be afraid to clarify when you need to. He's open to it.
Dr. G was very personable. My husband and I appreciated that he fully and clearly explained each stage in the process and what our fertility issues were. He asked us to consider difficult questions and gave us the time to do so recognizing that we would need time to think carefully about the options he was putting forth and what they could mean for us. He was also very encouraging and even phoned us to congratulate us personally when we had success.
We had to adjust out diet to take out caffeine completely and avoid alcohol. I was also put on levothyroxine to manage my TSH levels. Once we did the cycle I had to take clomid for several days and then took estrogen and progesterone supplements as well.
We did not always see Annalise although that is who we were assigned to. In fact it was another nurse, Melissa, who did my IUI and I often received calls from other nurses regarding test results. Annalise was very kind and helpful when we did meet with her. Melissa was also extremely professional and had a great sense of humor which helped me to feel comfortable when undergoing the IUI.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Staff at the clinic were all generally very helpful and professional. They were also prompt in returning calls and very pleasant when there for tests, etc. The clinic itself is clean, quiet and comfortable.
Much of our treatment was covered, but we probably paid about $2000 out of pocket for the various tests and treatments that we had.
Louisville

Dr. Gustofson provided the reality of my chances, but did so in a friendly and professional manner. It was fairly blunt and stark in a way, but mainly because he was sharing less-than-promising chances based on test results. His manner of speaking was appropriately kind. I definitely got the impression Dr. G (and CCRM) believe in the school of thought of being up front with the worst-case scenario, versus being overly encouraging.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Consider being a patient at his other office in northwest Denver, versus Lone Tree where you feel like a number.
Dr. Gustofson had a good bedside manner, but CCRM is a pretty heartless machine where you feel nearly every interaction is impersonal except for with the actual doctor(s).
We spent a month "priming" with a lot of supplements geared towards my likelihood of being a "poor responder." Toward the end I had three days of Ganirelix. Then when I got my period, we started the stim cycle with the various oral and injected medications, leading to retrieval. I had five egg sacs but only two matured - they were both large enough for retrieval and the others weren't. Of the two retrieved, only one matured enough for fertilization, and it didn't fertilize.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole was generally supportive but always sounds in a rush because she's such a fast/perky talker. At times when other nurses called they were super short and one even got huffy with me when I needed her to repeat something because it was so much information. So much is provided in a binder or on the web for an out-of-town patient and you're generally left to call with questions instead of being walked through things - with the exception of dosages, which the nurses are proactive about providing.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM's reputation for success is high, but you definitely feel the impersonality inherent there. The doctors themselves are probably the high point but with a few exceptions I was disappointed in the vibe/process. One important note - you basically cannot reach a human being by phone when you call (you reach a phone tree) unless you would lie and state you're a medical provider, or if you had an emergency. I did neither of those so I was constantly leaving messages and the having to take calls at inconvenient times (whenever CCRM got back to me). Also it is SO expensive compared to other clinics, and CCRM doesn't provide the same level of assisting with discount programs as did other clinics I've worked with. The business office is TERRIBLE - they didn't even respond to some of my messages. Yet when my payment was due to them they hounded me repeatedly. When the way they run payments triggered holds from my bank, they insisted I keep calling back (three calls each to the bank and then CCRM) immediately when I was due in a meeting or else they'd cancel my cycle. They also do not make clear up front that as a long distance patient you're still paying full price for the cycle including all monitoring appointments at CCRM even though you're not doing them there because you have to have a local clinic perform those tasks (and pay for them separately). I also am due a refund from my cycle since we didn't have any embryos to test for genetic abnormalities and I have not heard from them. I have not yet followed up but am frankly expecting them to fight to keep our money due to some fine print I might have missed based on my experience to date.
$25k plus $8k for medication

2014 - 2017
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I have secondary infertility, recently married, and my husband has never had a child of his own. Dr G [Robert Gustofson] took the time to get to know us and our situation and recognized the importance of us having a baby. He performed corrective surgery and gave me every chance to carry before we decided it would be best to use a gestational carrier. Our egg retrieval and transfer were successful and we would be due with twins October 4,2017 had one not implanted in our gc's c scar. Dr G has personally contacted us through every important step to give us results himself. We are continuing our journey with him and have 3 remaining embryos.
2014 - 2017
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We have been patients since 2014 when we saw one of his competitors who we didn't feel had the bed side manner for us or our journey. I have secondary infertility, recently married, and my husband has never had a child of his own. Dr G took the time to get to know us and our situation and recognized the importance of us having a baby. He performed corrective surgery and gave me every chance to carry before we decided it would be best to use a gestational carrier. Our egg retrieval and transfer were successful and we would be due with twins October 4,2017 had one not implanted in our gc's c scar. Dr G has personally contacted us through every important step to give us results himself. We are continuing our journey with him and have 3 remaining embryos.
Be honest with him about your goals and he will be compassionate and help you through your journey
Dr G has always called my husband and I personally with our results after egg retrieval, transfer, and he called us daily to check up after our surrogate was forced to terminate twins due to a cesarean scar implant. He has amazing bed side manner and went above and beyond with us.
We started with corrective operative hysteroscopy in 2014 followed by 3 ock cyckes to see if my lining would thicken. The mock cycle protocols resulted in getting my lining thick enough but I had New scar tissue form inside the uterus which we mutually decide it was time to use a GC. Our Stims and egg retrieval went flawlessly and resulted in 13 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 8 made it for testing and 5 were genetically healthy. Our GC had some set backs, we could not complete her work up until she was 1 year PP, and had 2 periods after stopping nursing. She then had to lose enough weight to have a BMI of under 30 to proceed to FET protocol which also went flawlessly. Our transfer went off without a hitch, both embryos thawed perfectly and were hatching which resulted in a twin pregnancy.
We have many friends that have gone to CCRM and loved the nurses. We got bounced around a little due to starting out ttc with me carrying and switching to a GC.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic staff for the most part is really good at what they do and very friendly and compassionate. I only had a few nurses that I didn't love, but for the most part everyone is amazing. They really make sure that you are fully informed every step of the way. We had appt's almost every day during our mock cycles and Stims and the sonographers always communicate what they see and you always sit down with a nurse after blood work and ultrasound to discuss results and next options which we appreciated not having to wait for phone calls. Our doctor always followed up with us personally and did all of our procedures which we appreciated also. The facilities are clean and well kept, warm and inviting.
For Stims and egg retrieval the cost was around $14,000 not including medication, and for our GC frozen transfer including her one day work up and testing was about $13,500.
CCRM in general is pro eSET and we chose to transfer two embryos only because we were using a gestational carrier and had already previously gone through ttc ourselves and our first GC backed out after medical clearance so the amount of time we had waited was worth taking the risk of twins to have a baby in the end which didn't work out for us. Dr G supported our decision but gave us all the information with the risks of multiple pregnancy and highly urged a eSET.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. G [Gustofson] cares. I had a lot of questions and due to cost challenges he did everything he could to try and help me have a successful IUI. He found ways to make it as cost affordable as possible, even tried to find studies that might accept me (over 40). His compassion made a difficult situation as best as it could be and humanized the experience by sharing his own personal journey. I still can't say enough about him staying connected with me even after I had to leave CCRM, it felt like I had an army behind me.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G cares. I had a lot of questions and due to cost challenges he did everything he could to try and help me have a successful IUI. He found ways to make it as cost affordable as possible, even tried to find studies that might accept me (over 40). His compassion made a difficult situation as best as it could be and humanized the experience by sharing his own personal journey. I still can't say enough about him staying connected with me even after I had to leave CCRM, it felt like I had an army behind me.
Don't hesitate to ask ANYTHING b/c he will answer it, and not just once but as many times and differently to help you understand it.
Dr. G went above and beyond in my care. Always responded to emails in record time, and beyond this stayed connected and engaged in my journey when I had to switch clinics due to Cost challenges. Always felt like he was listening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Linsdey (no longer there got promoted))
Lindsey was very patient with me. I was super sad when she wouldn't be the nurse on call the day of my IUI. Loved her to pieces!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths - LOVED the front desk coordinator - she ALWAYS knew my name and was also invested and hopeful for me (I was doing this solo so every bit of that helped) Weakness - business department and costs - trying to understand everything and then if something was off working with the main department could be challenging HOWEVER then Dr. G stepped in and was such an awesome asset to help bridge that gap for me!! so sort of a strength too ;-) Be aware of the weekend visits having to get to Lonetree, that was sometimes a challenge and not ideal but of course necessary, just good to know up front
IUI was manageable, IVF (for me was not) so I had to change clinics
Louisville

Dr. Gustofson did an excellent job explaining every step in the treatment process he didn't make any of it sound scary and was very understanding of our opinions on some of the steps. He was also very understanding and patient with us. He took his time to explain all of our options and made sure to address all of our questions.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I would advise him to be a bit more aggressive in the timeline of things and possibly explain things in a little more detail or provide more information to digest at a later time.
The Doctor spent time outlining all of our options and understanding our health history fully. He never made it feel like he was rushing us thru the process. He took his time and answered every question that we had. He also took notes for us with all the details of our discussion outlined.
We were diagnosed with Male Infertility. My husband had already been seen by a urologist and Dr. Gustofson's first approach was to better understand the treatment thus far. From there we were given the options to use a donor. We were then advised on the donor banks, then the IUI and IVF process. These decisions have yet to be mad on our part we are currently in step one which is getting the information from the Urologist to Dr. G. for review and his opinion on if we should pursue any further treatments for Male Infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The nurse was very compassionate and helped to support the doctor.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic needs to be better about follow up. The business office has yet to respond to our request for a pricing breakdown. They need to be more responsive to voicemail.
Not yet provided with this information.
The doctor did not address this option.
Louisville

Dr Gustofson is incredibly kind and caring. He took as much time as was needed to explain each step of the process and answer all of our questions. He gave us his email and was quick to respond to any questions that I sent to him. He understands first hand the stresses and concerns involved in infertility treatment and provides both a scientific and empathetic approach to care...CCRM is a machine. At times, you will feel like a number if you do not have the right doctor or nurse. However, these "numbers" are what allows CCRM to take a very scientific approach to treatment. At the end of the day, this is what I wanted
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He is empathetic and knowledgable. At the end of the day, there is so much that we don't understand about infertility, so he explains the boundaries of knowledge, sets expectations, provides a personalized experience and stays with you through the ups and downs of treatment.
Work with him, you won't regret it.
My diagnosis was advanced maternal age. I followed the Linear Antagonist with testosterone priming protocol, which resulted in 6 embroys, 4 of which were CCS normal. I also have a blood clotting disorder, although he did not feel this caused either of my miscarriages since they were before 20 weeks. My first FET resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so we added the antihistamine protocol. Second FET was a BFN. At this point Dr. G asked if I would want to consider a gestational carrier. When we asked if we could try a third transfer with a more natural approach, he was supportive instead of pushing us down the GC path. The third "natural" transfer worked and resulted in our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole S)
Nicole is incredibly organized and responsive. She was on top of things for me all the time. I always received a call back from her on the day, she often picked up her phone when I called. On days she was out of the office during stims and FET prep, she made sure I had another point of contact and that they were looking out for me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a machine. At times, you will feel like a number if you do not have the right doctor or nurse. However, these "numbers" are what allows CCRM to take a very scientific approach to treatment. At the end of the day, this is what I wanted.
Overall, we spend about $65K on fertility treatments
He recommended we transfer one at a time, and we did not want twins, so we followed his advice.
Denver

Because we had gone through multiple cycles with clomid, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's my wife and I had a fair amount of knowledge of the process, levels, drugs, etc. and we have a propensity to ask a million questions. Dr. G. took as long as we needed to answer our questions...We cannot say enough positive things about Dr. G. We came to CCRM after having been unsuccessful with multiple clomid cycles, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's at a nationally-recognized clinic in Ohio. From the start Dr. G. was supportive, caring, optimistic and professional. We had a difficult decision to make about whether to do a family building plan or stop after one cycle (we retrieved 11 eggs). Dr. G. sat with us and helped us weigh the pros and cons and come to a decision. His calm demeanor and optimistic disposition went a long way to putting my wife's mind at ease, which I think very much helped our successes. We were completely impressed with Dr. G. and CCRM and have recommended both to multiple friends.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
My advice would be that Dr. G. is a wonderful doctor and using him will give you the best chance for success.
Neither of us remember the combination of drugs, but we do remember that Dr. G. regularly adjusted dosages and timing for all 3 of our retrievals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Reisig)
Leslie was wonderful. Unfortunately, she recently left CCRM to work in a different aspect of medicine.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We came to CCRM after spending 3 years in the care of a nationally-recognized clinic in Ohio. The type of testing (including on my wife and on the embryos) that CCRM is doing is significantly more sophisticated than our prior clinic. The success numbers that CCRM gets are no accident. They know what they are doing.
We did not get the sense that Dr. G. had a preference for single vs. multiple. He left the decision to us and did explain the probabilities, risks, etc. with us. We ended up putting in two embryos and had twins.
Lone Tree

Dr Gustofson was compassionate and understanding of our struggles. I felt that he always relayed information related to risks in a very trustworthy manner, which made me feel that we could make the best informed decisions about my medical care. I could not have found a better doctor, I feel extremely lucky!...Dr Gustofson was always kind and understanding during each interaction with him. He was also honest and up front, so I felt I could trust him throughout the process.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Be honest about your concerns related to infertility so you can get the most information needed to make the right decision for you.
Dr Gustofson was always kind and understanding during each interaction with him. He was also honest and up front, so I felt I could trust him throughout the process. I feel very fortunate to have been his patient. He made our dreams of getting pregnant a reality!
Antagonist protocol. Took birth control pills for 14 days. I took menapur (2 vials) in AM and 150 units of Gonal-F with Dex in PM. After 5 days, added Cetrotide in AM. Dosages were adjusted after day 6. Trigger shot lupron given night before retrieval and in the morning. 22eggs were retrieved without hyper stimulation.
Chris was very sweet and informative. She was not always the nurse available, so sometimes I had to see a different nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Considering that we got pregnant on the first try, we are very happy with their this clinic and their capabilities. The clinic is extremely organized in their treatment approaches. They are a fine oiled machine. The only downside that we ran into was the billing department. They were not as organized, but we were able to work with them to address billing inaccuracies.
We spent a total of about $5000. We had insurance that covered most of the cost.
My Dr recommended one embryo be transferred due to high quality embryo (5AA).

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Gustofson had some definite strengths as a doctor -- he was personable and gave us plenty of time to ask questions during our initial consult...when my cycle did not go as expected, he lacked empathy and, moreover, the willingness to problem-solve, to really dig into my unique situation and work with me. I felt like I had suddenly shifted from being a patient to being a problem. I did one unsuccessful IVF cycle with him at the age of 36 and he told me that my only option was donor eggs.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Gustofson had some definite strengths as a doctor -- he was personable and gave us plenty of time to ask questions during our initial consult; he reached out to me with a personal phone call when things weren't looking good; and he overall seems to believe in what he is doing. However, under his care I also experienced some interactions and situations that made me very uncomfortable with him as a doctor overall. The main problem I had with him was that when my cycle did not go as expected, he lacked empathy and, moreover, the willingness to problem-solve, to really dig into my unique situation and work with me. I felt like I had suddenly shifted from being a patient to being a problem. I did one unsuccessful IVF cycle with him at the age of 36 and he told me that my only option was donor eggs. He made absolutely no concession to the fact that the aggressive, high-stim protocol that he chose for me might have influenced my egg quality. He said that since the same protocol worked for other women, the problem is obviously me, not the protocol. Talk about faulty logic... He made no concession for the fact that we are also dealing with male factor. He simply told me, in a blunt and heartless way, that my eggs are crap and I should move on. Other doctors at smaller clinics who are willing to work to customize protocols for individual patients have since given me hope, but at the time, I felt just crushed by his pronouncements. I think the main problem with Dr Gustofson's approach to treating infertility is that he lacks humility and the willingness to work with a person as an individual. He believes wholeheartedly in his approach and is not willing to see others' points of view. There is so much about the field that is mysterious and he doesn't seem willing to admit that. Pity the patient who doesn't fit into his clearly-drawn lines. His approach seems to reflect the factory-like nature of CCRM. He has many patients, none of whom receive quite enough attention. As a result, he made some serious errors while I was under his care, forgetting very important things that I had told him and then acting as if his mistake was my fault.
Expect to be treated like a cog in the system.
Dr Gustofson showed little empathy when delivering difficult information and seemed to have just briefly scanned my chart notes before speaking with me. There were some instances in which he made the extra effort to reach out to me with a phone call when things were not looking good, and I appreciated this greatly. But when my cycle went badly, I felt like he just gave up on me and wrote me off. I felt like I was just a a problem for maintaining CCRM's statistics and he had no interest in actually addressing the challenging particularities of my situation.
I was on CCRM's estrogen priming protocol with testosterone and HGH. It was a protocol that seemed to make sense for me but was disastrous. I was on very high doses of both Follistim and Menopur (450-550 total). I never received a clear rationale for using the protocol, except that it was geared towards maximizing egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
I never actually met Helen, which is indicative of how CCRM runs. I wish I could have had the opportunity to see her, at least once. But despite not meeting her, she was a competent nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a fertility factory. As such, they have an industrial approach to IVF: there are different models of the product (IVF) and you are assigned to a particular model. If you do not happen to fit into one of their models, you are SOL. There is no attempt to personalize models to the individual. Also, their prices are truly exploitative. I felt like I was being over charged for everything. I think that even if my cycle had been successful, I would have felt like I overpaid.
We spent roughly $35K on one cycle.

How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson has been extremely helpful and answers all our questions in a timely and well described manner. I was referred to this doctor as my friend saw him and he ended up diagnosing her with Ovarian Cancer, but worked to get her grants to freeze her eggs for after her cancer battle. He's a great guy and doctor!
Do your own research, but trust this doctor!
Dr. Gustafson and our nurse, Leslie, have been extremely helpful with our whole process. The reason we switched is because I asked for help with my mental health from our previous doctor, who I felt like dismissed me and referred to a primary care physician. Dr. Gustafson helped met with us and referred us to a CCRM Therapist who recommended I be put on a small dose of an antidepressant. I feel so much better and we are currently in our 2WW for our 2nd IUI with CCRM. Fingers crossed!
For our first IUI, we used clomid, ovidrel and estrogen. However, that was unsuccessful so for this second one, the doctor recommended I take the clomid for longer. This was beneficial with helping my follicles grow, however thinned my uterine lining a great deal. To fix that, I was put on estrogen vaginally three times a day, which was a miracle drug and increased my lining from 3.5 to 7.7!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Leslie is always great about communicating with us in a timely manner. Every time we meet with her, she is very compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is huge, but everyone is very professional and polite.
Fertility expenses are obviously not cheap. But, I standby the idea that you get what you pay for. Our insurance does not cover any fertility aspects, so we work to pay for everything on our own.
Denver

He was always very pleasant to speak to and he never rushed through the conversation. He was always well prepared for our calls and meetings and he gave me opportunities to ask questions and he answered them patiently....I absolutely believe that Dr. Gustofson does a better job at adjusting medication based on your body's response...I never felt like the doctor or nurse didn't know the circumstances surrounding my treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Loved working with Dr. Gustofson, but I didn't love the logistics and sometimes ridiculous requirements of the clinic (repeat testing, having to schedule and pay for regroups). However, after doing IVF at another clinic I absolutely believe that Dr. Gustofson does a better job at adjusting medication based on your body's response and their lab was the difference between me having a biological child and not - it is truly worth all the inconvenience of travelling from another state and paying a lot of money.
I never felt like the doctor or nurse didn't know the circumstances surrounding my treatment. They were understanding and compassionate when they needed to be but the nature of the process and their popularity means that you knew you were one of many patients - all fine with me because I came there because of that experience and their amazing reputation.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It is very expensive, they are out of network with most insurance. It is a longer process to do IVF with them because of all of their testing. They make you repeat all tests even if done elsewhere recently. You have to ship them blood draws. You have to repeat communicable testing which is frustrating if you are single and abstinent (like me) or a married or partnered couple - and the testing isn't cheap. They charge you for phone calls with your doctor. And the business office is not easy to work with. All that being said, they see a ton of patients each year and they have it down to a science and their lab is amazing. This is a last resort clinic for many people and they are successful in getting them pregnant. I had night and day results between this clinic and my previous clinic, so as long as a person stays on top of their case, timing, medications, etc. and is an advocate for their care, they will do well at CCRM and have a great chance of having a baby.
I traveled out of state 4 times - once for testing, twice for egg retrieval and once for transfer. I did 2 IVF cycles with CCS testing. I believe I payed about $50,000 out of pocket and that includes full insurance coverage for medication and out of network insurance coverage.
I think my doctor prefers eSET unless there is reason to be more aggressive. I believe he would have supported the final decision I made, but he definitely leaned more towards eSET for me (which was my preference)

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr. G never made us feel rushed and always explained everything very thoroughly. He had a great bedside manner and was a compassionate doctor/surgeon... The reason for us not getting pregnant was a bit unexpected to us and to him, but once he uncovered the reason he explained everything very thoroughly.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G never made us feel rushed and always explained everything very thoroughly. He had a great bedside manner and was a compassionate doctor/surgeon. At first he got to know us, explained all of the test results, and the course of action. He showed assurance that he could help us. The reason for us not getting pregnant was a bit unexpected to us and to him, but once he uncovered the reason he explained everything very thoroughly.
Trust him. He really knows what he is doing and has done this many times.
I sometimes felt like a number because the clinic is very very popular. However, each nurse and doctor treated me like an individual and took time with me as a patient.
We tried IUI for 3 cycles, as recommended, since there were no glaring reasons to jump straight to IVF. These involved letrozole, a trigger shot, and sperm washing. When those didn't work, we did IVF, which included follistim, ganarelix, menopur, and possibly other medications I don't remember. We did not use an HCG trigger shot because I was overstimulating, so we did a different kind that meant we had to freeze the embryos. Because of the freezing, we signed up for a study that performed comprehensive chromosomal screening on our embryos. It was then that we learned of my translocation. In the end we had only 5 good frozen embryos. While they were frozen my body recovered, then I was on multiple forms of estrogen (patch and pill) and progesterone (suppository and shot) while we prepped my uterine lining. We chose to transfer one embryo since there was no indication that I'd have trouble with one implanting, and it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Hargrove-Hopkin)
My primary nurse (Lindsey) was very caring and sympathetic. She explained things thoroughly and clearly and answered my questions well. The receptionist was always friendly and nonjudgemental, and the ultrasound technician that I saw more than anyone else was always cheery and good at explaining things. However some of the other nurses didn't seem as caring, or made critical mistakes. One nurse didn't even know how many days were in half a week!
In total we spent nearly $30K

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I think Dr. G was very thorough, easily reachable and kind. I had experience also at the local University fertility practice and in comparison I found Dr. G very careful in getting full/detailed evaluation and also more aggressive regarding treatment...Dr. G was very knowledgeable but also gentle and understanding. He was present for transfers and I felt that he truly cared for my success...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Pick the best nurse as this is your link to the doctor.
Excellent nurse, Lindsey, worked very closely with the Doctor and was easy to reach. Dr. G was very knowledgeable but also gentle and understanding. He was present for transfers and I felt that he truly cared for my success.
Start Supplements: Myo-Inositol, Co-Enzyme Q10, L-Arginine, DHA (omega 3 Fatty Acids), Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Melatonin, Prenatal Vitamins with DHA, Vit D3, DHEA. Start Testosterone Priming Protocol: Estrace 2mg daily, Doxycycline 100mg twice daily x 10 days (decrease inflammation), Testosterone gel 12.5mg daily, Prometrium 200mg twice daily. Start Stimulation: Menupur 2 units in AM, Gonal F 300 units in PM, Saizen (growth hormone) 0.4ml in PM (5 days), Dexamethasone 0.5mg in PM. Co-culture biopsy - October 14th - my own urterine cells to be used for embryo culture Egg retrieval:14 embryos retrieved, 8 mature and fertilized. 4 embryos made it to blastocyst stage day 5. Chromosomal analysis normal in 3 out of 4. 3 embryos frozen. Integrin biopsy – normal (integrins in the uterus allow embryo implantation) Start embryo transfer protocol – Lupron 10 units daily, Vivelle 0.1mg patches and baby ASA, Endometrin 100mg, Medrol 16mg in PM x 4 and Doxycycline 100mg, Progesterone in oil 1ml IM in AM, Estradiol 2mg in PM. 2 embryos transferred. 1 detected on first ultrasound. 1 healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
Excellent knowledge, experience, communication
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Initially I thought that CCRM was like a busy fertility factory especially at the main Lone Tree location. However, in Louisville were Dr. G practices, the clinic is smaller and more personalized. I recommend it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Easy to schedule though far from my home (long drive).
No insurance coverage. IVF cycle, all the testing including co-culture, integrin biopsy, PGS, medications and travel were close to $40K

5 IVF, Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Cares a lot about a patient; knows all the history; can be reached at any time - even from his email... Always spares more than enough time to a patient... he's a well-skilled doctor; I think the best in CCRM; his treatment style is aggressive but result-oriented.
5 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I handpicked him based on his reviews on social media - and a all was on target. A wonderful doctor with great skills; knowledgeable, talented, up to date with recent research. He has a great bedside manner; is responsive, easily approachable, witty, compassionate. Spares his time to you as much as needed. He's got an aggressive treatment style which is result-oriented and he's very successful. A perfect doctor by all means..
Don't hold back any questions and share your concerns - if you have any - with him. He will definitely listen to you and either him or you will be convinced at the end with your next step
Great bedside manner while stating all the facts candidly and professionally. Cares a lot about a patient; knows all the history; can be reached at any time - even from his email; responsive, humorous and very gentle. Listens to patient's concerns and acts accordingly if it's applicable - if not, convinces with facts. Always spares more than enough time to a patient. And to top it all; he's a well-skilled doctor; I think the best in CCRM; his treatment style is aggressive but result-oriented.
1 cycle was EPP/Saizen (Estrogen priming with sazien) which didn't work on me at all - Cetrotide which was used at priming suppressed my ovaries too much and result was really disappointing - no blasts and normals came out of that cycle. Then he changed the protocol to testesterone & estrogen priming antagonist with Saizen. It was a rock star protocol and I did great with it; 20 eggs retrieved, 17 were mature (thanks to Dr Gustofson's tweaks of meds during the cycle, it's an art); 11 fertilized; 4 blasts and 3 came back normals - one resulted in my daughter :) So the last cycle was the same again, but this time I didn't want aggressive stimming and pushed him to lower Gonal f. He didn't really want it but we met halfway - started high, then decreased. That was a good cycle too; 17 retrieved, 15 mature, 11 fert; 2 blasts; but no normals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen Bolster)
Could hardly reach her. She was away most of the days, yet I never was informed which days they were. Couldn't call or email her directly. Mixed a lot of stuff, so I always had to be on top of everything, remind her or the others what they needed to do. Very poor nursing service for such a great doctor and clinic

2013 - 2014
He [Dr. Gustofson] was honest with us, realistic, confident and built confidence in us. He was the first doctor to believe in us and I felt he was in our former the whole time. I have since referred him to others.... Even though I was 40, he felt my chances were great as he didn’t see any other issues after me and my spouse went through all the normal testing. He suggested the chromosome generic testing which wasn’t cheap but worth every penny.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
We thank our lucky starts every day that we had him in our lives. To this day, I email him on my daughters birthday every year. (5 times including when she was born. She’s 4 now). I thank him for believing in us and helping us the whole way. I always send a pic and tell him how happy and blessed we are. He emails us back every time!! I will continue to do this as long I live because I want him to know how much I’d a difference he makes.
Trust him and his expertise. He knows what he’s doing and he will give you the best care possible. I know ivf was not a guarantee but I believed in him and the process and we were lucky enough to have it work on the first try.
He was honest with us, realistic, confident and built confidence in us. He was the first doctor to believe in us and I felt he was in our former the whole time. I have since referred him to others.
I had 2 precious miscarriages after getting pregnant on my own. One was due to a subchorionic hemmoridge. He felt these were probably due to chromosomal abnormalities. Even though I was 40, he felt my chances were great as he didn’t see any other issues after me and my spouse went through all the normal testing. He suggested the chromosome generic testing which wasn’t cheap but worth every penny. I had 4 solid embryos but after the testing we found only 2 were viable and healthy with out any abnormalities. Without that testing things could have been a lot different. I remember when he suggested the testing, I knew that was key and it’s provided a lot of reassurance during the pregnancy. We implanted the only 2 (all or none) and one took which us our daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laney)
Laney was amazing. She’s who we spoke with the most but the whole staff was wonderful to work with.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It’s been over four years but I remember the clinic was packed and very busy. It was sometimes hard to get a hold of someone on the phone when I had questions so I left a lot of messages but they always called back.
My insurance wasn’t great but some of the meds and treatments before the ivf were covered but we paid a lot out of pocket. The chromosome testing was $7k out of pocket but worth every penny. So was dr G
I had two healthy embryos. He recommended transferring both as that was my best shot and he was right. Even though one didn’t make it, we were totally ok with it because it meant I didn’t have to go through any procedures again.

2010 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Because of a previous loss of a triplet pregnancy (with two embryos, one of which split), Dr Gustofson refused to transfer more than one embryo. He also had me on progesterone-in-oil injections, rather than just suppositories. Both times that we did these things, I had easy successful singleton pregnancies...He took a lot of time with us during appointments, he answered all of our questions, he was direct but always very kind to us, and he communicated clearly and promptly at all times.
2010 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Gustofson is clearly very good at what he does but is also a very kind and compassionate doctor. He was very patient with all of our questions and also very friendly and reassuring. I never felt rushed at appointments and never was pressured into a particular course of action.
Don't mess around with less expensive clinics -- go to the best first. Dr Gustofson will give you the best possible advice and care.
Because of my poor response to the first round of IVF treatment at another clinic, Dr Gustofson felt that it would be difficult to get pregnant using my own eggs, so we opted for using donor eggs and got pregnant easily. Because of a previous loss of a triplet pregnancy (with two embryos, one of which split), Dr Gustofson refused to transfer more than one embryo. He also had me on progesterone-in-oil injections, rather than just suppositories. Both times that we did these things, I had easy successful singleton pregnancies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Chris )
Efficient, friendly, patient, very skilled
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Louisville offices are smaller and very friendly, easy to access and comfortable. The bigger facilities in Parker are much further away, and much larger and more intimidating, but people are still quite nice. I loved the staff in the Louisville office. My only disappointment was that my favorite person, the very friendly and warm secretary who checked us in each time, left the office between my second and third rounds of ivf, and we didn't get any explanation why or where she went. I'm sure this was due to privacy reasons, but I would have liked the chance to thank her for her kindness, especially after our second-trimester pregnancy loss in the first round, and to wish her well. Carrie, who was also at the front desk, was also very nice and so patient and helpful with billing and insurance issues. It seems like the office had some turnover of staff between our second and third round, which was disconcerting at first, but did not turn out to be a trend. We liked everybody we saw at the Louisville offices. The only person I didn't really feel that comfortable with was one of the acupuncturists at the Parker office. She was a little abrupt with me and seemed more concerned with payment than anything else.
Can't remember what the costs of the first round (fresh donor-egg transfer) was. Two subsequent frozen transfers were about 10-12 thousand, including medications but not including recommended pre -transfer acupuncture sessions

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
During our consultation, he rushed through a formulaic explanation of the severity of my condition while I openly cried because I was receiving difficult information for the first time. He didn't pause to let me gain my composure. I had to find tissues myself to wipe off my face....Dr. Gustofson was direct and thorough in his explanations, but came off as quite callous. I believe his assessment erred on the reasonably conservative side of what options were possible for me, and his recommended treatment was equally thorough and aggressive.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Gustofson was direct and thorough in his explanations, but came off as quite callous. I believe his assessment erred on the reasonably conservative side of what options were possible for me, and his recommended treatment was equally thorough and aggressive. I found his manner to be very dismissive and unkind, as did my partner. Because of this, and a move to a new state, we decided to work with another doctor.
Dr. Gustofson seems competent and thorough. I would expect aggressive fertility treatments, and I would not expect a gentle bedside manner.
We only received a consultation from Dr. Gustofson. He recommended IVF with PGS and genetic screening for Fragile X because I have diminished ovarian reserve.
A nurse walked us through possible next steps after our consultation but did not follow up with us about questions as promised.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Scheduling was problematic. When I showed up for my appointment, I was not on the doctor's schedule despite all my confirmations. They squeezed me in between other appointments. But this made my appointment feel rushed and my doctor seemed stressed. The billing office was initially very responsive but never gave me detailed information on IVF billing as promised.
Dr. Gustofson explained the benefits and risks of single and multiple embryo transfer. I did not get the impression he would push us in either direction had we chosen to move forward with him.

4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
At a previous clinic I was told I had to use donor eggs. We consulted with Dr G [Gustofson] and he assured me that we would not have to do that. He suggestted doing embryo banking and it ended up we only had to do one retrieval based off his strong protocol. We ended up with 6 pgs tested embryos and we got pregnant on our first transfer. Throughout the whole process he always made me feel like I could ask any questions and he took the time to answer them.
4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
At a previous clinic I was told I had to use donor eggs. We consulted with Dr G and he assured me that we would not have to do that. He suggestted doing embryo banking and it ended up we only had to do one retrieval based off his strong protocol. We ended up with 6 pgs tested embryos and we got pregnant on our first transfer. Throughout the whole process he always made me feel like I could ask any questions and he took the time to answer them. He was very personable. He even took the time to call my husband and myself and tell us we were pregnant. I would recommend him to anyone seeking infertility treatment.
He is very personable and understood our needs. He took the time to listen to us and also make sure we understood the process. He felt like a friend and not a Dr.
Testerone with Patches-Antagonist. Estrace/Testerone/Prometrium/Manipur/Gonal-f/Ganirelex. I did 2 months of depot Lupron before the transfer.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Love the clinic except for the finance team. Multiple times they told me I didn’t have insurance coverage when I did. I had to fight with them multiple times on this. Other then dealing with this everyone else was always super nice and helpful. They just need some help with the billing and insurance side especially when that is one of the most stressful parts of this process.
$9500 without medications
The dr said he was confident with the quality and grading that we should only transfer one embryo. I was happy with his decision.
Lone Tree

Dr. G is a great communicator and really cares about his patients.... he [Dr. Gustofson] does really have the natural ability to deal with this very emotional issue. I appreciated him and felt very comfortable with him right away.... The nurses were so emphathetic and Dr. G called me himself with each result after transfer... We did one egg retrieval using a normal protocol and I had 21 eggs retrieved....We did do ICSI and had 11 embryos make it to day 5.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is a great communicator and really cares about his patients. I work in healthcare and he does really have the natural ability to deal with this very emotional issue. I appreciated him and felt very comfortable with him right away.
Make sure you are aware of all the costs going into it
We did one egg retrieval using a normal protocol and I had 21 eggs retrieved. We opted not to do PGS genetic testing as it costed 6,000 more. We did do ICSI and had 11 embryos make it to day 5. My first transfer started out with BC and then Lupron, progesterone suppositories and injections as well as estrogen patches , famotidine, loratidine, and asa. I transferred one embryo and my hcg came back at 34 after 9 days and resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second transfer looked identical but they put me on prednisone as well. I transferred 2 embryos and got pregnant with a singlet but miscarried at 9.5 weeks. Now I am hoping to move on to surrogacy
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
She was such a sweetheart and almost always available to me
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: very professional and up to date on evidenced based methods. Very compassionate and patient. Weaknesses: no payment plans available to patients and I think the mental health side of it should be available at their satellite clinics in Louisville particularly
We spent approx 40,000 for one egg retrieval and 2 transfers
He is very responsible in this area and I feel he does the safest thing for the patient and potential baby. I don’t think they ever transfer more than 2
Louisville

He [Dr. Gustofson] was very grntile and explained things in a logical way that was easy for us to understand.... Very warm and friendly. Spoke in terms we could easily understand. Wasn’t overly aggressive in recommended treatment. Wish he would have suggested looking into possible endometriosis prior to suggesting IVF after two failed IUIs but after getting a second opinion I was diagnosed with endo via lap... IUI both rounds 100 mg clomid for 7 days.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Very warm and friendly. Spoke in terms we could easily understand. Wasn’t overly aggressive in recommended treatment. Wish he would have suggested looking into possible endometriosis prior to suggesting IVF after two failed IUIs but after getting a second opinion I was diagnosed with endo via lap and am now considering going back to Dr Gustafson for continued treatment.
Ask lots of questions!! Be very honest with symptoms.
He was very grntile and explained things in a logical way that was easy for us to understand. Although all signs pointed toward a successful conception, we unfortunately did not conceive. I have since been diagnosed via lap with severe endometriosis which was likely the cause of iui failure.
IUI both rounds 100 mg clomid for 7 days.
Our primary nurse was great!!! After my second failed IUI I went in for a cyst check and found two....nurses left me for almost two hours waiting after the ultrasound. Pretty sure I was forgotten about.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think they have an excellent success rate but I do question how necessary IVF is in some cases. I think sometimes they are quick to push IVF without totally ruling out other factors. Doctors are personable. It’s expensive, but fairly strait forward in costs so you know what you’re getting yourself into.
$500 in lab work Each consult was between $200-$250 IUI costs were around $800 each

2 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Dr. G [Gustofson] is very nice and sets the course of action while listening to your concerns as a patient...He lays out the best course of action and admits when results aren't entirely what he expected, hoped for or communicated to you...Dr. G took the time to review my chart beforehand, which wasn't always the case with my other doctors. He also took seriously my fear of needles, but also compassionately explained to me why he still felt that the PIO shots vs. the inserts would be the right step for me. He also took seriously some abnormal genetic tests we got back and at every step was compassionate while explaining the science, medicine and facts.
2 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G is very nice and sets the course of action while listening to your concerns as a patient. (Vs some doctors who do not deviate, and others who will do anything you want.) He lays out the best course of action and admits when results aren't entirely what he expected, hoped for or communicated to you.
Not sure I have advice I'd give separate from general IVF advice : just do your homework and ask lots of questions.
Not sure I remember, sorry.
Monica and her team are great. The portal that CCRM uses is great and someone will contact you back if you call or email. Highly recommend Monica.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is extremely organized. The intro session that is required of all couples is a great addition and puts your mind at ease that they will keep you informed. The check-in process is clear and efficient. But, you never feel like a number. People remember you and say hi. I also liked the binder that they give you at the beginning and the portal is useful. Still wish they had an online system to see your results, meds, etc., but I wish a lot of drs had that.
Expensive.
We were comfortable with transferring only one, and that's what he recommends as well, so there wasn't much of a discussion on this.

4 IUI, IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. G [Gustofson] could work more on his bedside manner; he often explained procedures using too much medical jargon (and I have a doctorate degree). He tended to focus more on the actual logistics of the procedure and did not spend a lot of time checking in with my husband and I to see how we were feeling and coping. Overall, however, I do believe he is very intelligent and knows exactly what he is doing. I presented with a very complicated medical presentation
4 IUI, IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. G could work more on his bedside manner; he often explained procedures using too much medical jargon (and I have a doctorate degree). He tended to focus more on the actual logistics of the procedure and did not spend a lot of time checking in with my husband and I to see how we were feeling and coping. Overall, however, I do believe he is very intelligent and knows exactly what he is doing. I presented with a very complicated medical presentation and he figured it out when other doctors had previously failed.
He is smart and very knowledgeable. You are in good hands, just be aware he can be a bit socially awkward.
Lindsey was an amazing, compassionate, human-centered individual. I felt as though she took care of me with kid gloves. She was always available and served as a very effective go-between with Dr. G and myself.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are small, very familiar feeling. Staff are friendly and for the most part, timely. It was easy to reach my nurse via phone and scheduling appointments was also fairly easy. The appointment times they offered were acceptable, and I could usually make them work, even while working 50 hours per week.
I believe the costs were about $60,000 for two egg retrieval procedures, a frozen transfer, meds, appointments, labs, etc.

5 IUI, 7 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
As far as I'm concerned Dr. Gustofson has no weaknesses. He is a friendly, compassionate man with a lovely sense of humour who is also very skilled in his field. He always remembers us, was patient with our toddler in appointments, responded immediately to emails, and assuaged any questions or concerns we were having. He is at the top of his field and a lovely man, I couldn't recommend him enough.
5 IUI, 7 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Get ready for pregnancy! Because this is the doctor that's going to make it happen.
Dr. Gustofson is a kind and knowledgeable doctor with a lovely bedside manner and an encyclopedic knowledge of any and all questions we had.
With DOR we were focused on retrieving as many eggs as possible. After one chemical pregnancy with high quality embryos we tried another transfer using an anti-histamine protocol that proved successful. Following that successful pregnancy we followed the same exact protocols for our second attempt and I am currently pregnant with our second child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
It seems the nursing staff may be overwhelmed. They weren't always on top of treatment plans or prescriptions. I had to chase them a lot to fix things.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Great facility, very friendly staff and excellent equipment and technology. It's expensive without insurance, but worth it.
2012 - 2016
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I had one egg retrieval [with Dr. Robert Gustofson], one fresh transfer resulting in a twin pregnancy, one frozen transfer which I miscarried in my first trimester, and another frozen transfer which resulted in another twin pregnancy. The protocol for the retrieval and transfers were very standard - there were slight adjustments made along the way based on my hormone levels but nothing out of the ordinary...I felt very much guided through the process and genuinely cared by him personally. With each pregnancy I not only received detailed information from the nurses but a personal phone call from Dr. Gustavsson himself. Additionally, he always responded promptly to phone messages and emails.
2012 - 2016
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I honestly can't say enough good things about Dr. Gustavsson. He is kind, caring, and compassionate – as if he's been through the process personally he seems to really relate. He has celebrated in our joy and been kind and understanding during our loss. We had a small issue with the clinic at one point and Dr. Gustavsson met with us one on one, personally excepted responsibility and apologized, and he and his staff resolved the issue quickly. It was a testament to the honorable way in which he operates during a stressful situation. He did the right thing; my husband and I could not have been happier with the resolution. Less than stellar things will always happen in life and what matter to us was the way that he handled it.
Dr. Gustavsson is wonderful! I felt very much guided through the process and genuinely cared by him personally. With each pregnancy I not only received detailed information from the nurses but a personal phone call from Dr. Gustavsson himself. Additionally, he always responded promptly to phone messages and emails.
I had one egg retrieval, one fresh transfer resulting in a twin pregnancy, one frozen transfer which I miscarried in my first trimester, and another frozen transfer which resulted in another twin pregnancy. The protocol for the retrieval and transfers were very standard - there were slight adjustments made along the way based on my hormone levels but nothing out of the ordinary.

2013 - 2015
Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Gustofson] was personable and friendly. He was also honest about our chances and assessed our statistical chances for success. My infertility was linked to pregnancy loss and chromosomal abnormalities with the embryos/fetuses, so he worked to maximize the chances for a good outcome by recommending forward-looking treatment options...Keep the end goal in mind. It was a difficult journey but I have beautiful twins because Dr. Gustofson recommended additional cycles in order to maximize the chance of having more than one child...
2013 - 2015
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He was personable and friendly. He was also honest about our chances and assessed our statistical chances for success. My infertility was linked to pregnancy loss and chromosomal abnormalities with the embryos/fetuses, so he worked to maximize the chances for a good outcome by recommending forward-looking treatment options.
It was not always easy to communicate with the doctors and nurses, but never so difficult that it negatively impacted my treatment.
Because my issues were linked to chromosomal abnormalities, the goal was to have as many embryos possible to find chromosomally healthy embryos. Of 60 eggs retrieved, they tested 24 embryos, only 4 of which were healthy.
It was more a clinical relationship than a chummy one, but not in a negative way necessarily. The staff was generally friendly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The travel was hard (from the east coast to Lone Tree) but worth it because I got better results.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I live in DC so I had to schedule local monitoring appointments. When I was in Lone Tree for the final part of the procedures, monitoring appointments were easy.
I paid 100% out of pocket. I was over 35, so no guarantees or discounts were offered. I also paid extra for PGD testing.

2013 - 2014
I’d recommend Dr. Gustafson to anyone struggling to conceive. He’s very knowledable, empathetic, direct and easy to talk to. Infertility is an emotional process, having a doctor who is brilliant and understanding is an important combo. I had confidence in his medical direction at all times.... Dr. G warned us of the risks of transferring two embryos, he was firm that he did not recommend two given our quality of embryo... however my husband and I choose to transfer two. The pregnancy came with many risks, scares, premature babies, nicu time, hellp syndrome, post partum hemorrhage, blood transfusion, c section etc
Trust his guidance
Dr. G warned us of the risks of transferring two embryos, he was firm that he did not recommend two given our quality of embryo... however my husband and I choose to transfer two. The pregnancy came with many risks, scares, premature babies, nicu time, hellp syndrome, post partum hemorrhage, blood transfusion, c section etc! While I can’t say I would do things differently (bc I have two wonderful healthy toddlers now), we are lucky things weren’t life changing and our babies were healthy. Follow his guidance!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen )
Nursing staff has a lot of calls, patients etc... and at times you feel like a number as you aren’t always in contact with your primary nurse. In person, nurses were great, but hard to get a hold of on the phone
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Top clinic... brilliant doctors, top of the line facilities and lab. I felt like I was in the best hands possible. Sometimes feel like a number, but at the end of the day I only wanted to get pregnant, and I did!
Lost track! All said and done $20k out of pocket, insurance covering $15k
See previous comment
4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I really liked Dr Gustafson. He was candid about my chances of success, though I'm not sure where he got his numbers since he gave me the stats prior to seeing me or my records. He has a kind demeanor and was good at explaining things. The one thing he didn't explain was my chances of success after not responding well to the medications during my first round of IVF. I felt by the third round it was a lost cause, but I went forward anyway because I had signed up for 3 rounds already.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Ask a lot of questions
CCRM is a huge operation with lots of patients. The nurses never answer the phone and your time with the is always hurried.
I don't remember. I did three rounds of ivf back to back to back in 5-6 months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
You often got a call back from a different nurse, though they seemed to have a good communication system going and didn't make any mistakes, as far as I know. Calls were returned promptly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
You're not allowed to change doctors during your course of treatment there, so choose wisely from the beginning. I think your experience there can vary widely depending on your doctor and his or her team, responsiveness, communication skills, etc.
I signed up for their Family Planning package, which included 3 rounds of ivf, ICSI, PGA testing and one transfer. In 2014, this was roughly $50k
I never made it that far, but with PGD testing, the clinic strongly encouraged the transfer of only one embryo at a time
Lone Tree

Dr. G always spoke to us by name and asked personal questions besides just fertility rated questions. He seemed to really want to know us as people and not just patients. He also knew our history and chart during our first consult and didn't have to refer to our chart once.... I'm an out of state patient and so I didn't get to see Dr. Gustofson very often, but he was very responsive to emails (sometimes less than 10 minutes for a response) and very thorough during all of our phone calls. He didn't seem rushed to get through the call and really wanted all of our questions answered.
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Reach out to him through email if you have any questions or concerns.
Kathryn was excellent! She always answered my questions and was thorough in explanations. She was also willing to tell me if she didn't know something instead of making something up.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Because CCRM is so busy, you don't often have the same US techs or nurses when you visit. I didn't mind this, but others may prefer to have some uniformity. This clinic is one of the very best, and the staff is very caring.
Dr. Gustofson strongly encouraged eSET, but since we had multiple unsuccessful transfers at another clinic previously, he said he would transfer 2 if we really wanted to. However, he outlined all of the risks of transferring 2 embryos.
Denver

Kindest doctor ever! His [Dr. Robert Gustofson] bedside manners are the best! He is the most compassionate doctor I have met. He completely understands the two sides, as a doctor and as a patient since he and his wife went through fertility treatments as well. He provides you his email address and answers any message you send to him... If you are looking for an Excellent and compassionate doctor, he is definitely your best option, going through a fertility treatment is so hard so It is amazing to find a doctor with the best bedside manners
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
Kindest doctor ever! His bedside manners are the best! He is the most compassionate doctor I have met. He completely understands the two sides, as a doctor and as a patient since he and his wife went through fertility treatments as well. He provides you his email address and answers any message you send to him
First cycle: estrogen priming, then Gonal F + cetrotide + saizen+ Clomid. 7 eggs retrieved but 3 follicles were empty, 4 eggs fertilized, 3 blastocysts, 1 CCS normal who is currently my 17 months old baby boy :-) Second cycle: estrogen+testosterone priming, then Gonal F + cetrotide + saizen+ Clomid. 6 eggs retrieved, 5 eggs fertilized, 4 blastocysts, 1 CCS normal who is my little girl still frozen
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: knowhow, doctors, reputation and statistics Weakness: new acquisition that is creating a lot of CCRM clinics around US and merging with another clinics, I don't think these clinics could offer same level of service as Colorado
50k to 60k
He strongly suggested eSET
Lone Tree

Dr Gustafson was so kind and professional. He smiled, laughed, and joked with us. He used my name and treated me so well....I am a gestational surrogate, so I used lupron for ovary suppression, progesterone shots, progesterone suppositories, estrogen patches, and oral estrogen to build my lining and maintain the pregnancy . I had minimal side effects. I trust this protocol
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
He is so smart, and flexible about situations. He knows exactly what to do and how to make it work. He is gentle with all of his embryo transfers, and I never felt uncomfortable with him during any exam.
Be open and honest, and trust him!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
My nurse was always very quick to respond to emails. I knew she would get back to me within the day, and sometimes within the hour
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are a world renowned fertility clinic, they have a beautiful, clean environment that is very relaxing and professional. The clinic makes me feel like I am entering a spa. They have rules about no fragrance allowed, and I like that.
I am a surrogate, so I did not pay any costs.
My doctor recommends single embryo transfer, but will transfer 2 if you wish. He explains all the pros and cons.

3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Gustofson] took the time to really talk on the phone, answered all my questions, didn't seem rushed and seemed to want my business. Other doctors I've had all seemed to act as though they were doing me a favor. Dr G was trying to compete for my business, which I liked, given that I'm going to be paying them A LOT of money.... Spends time on the phone with me, isn't in a hurry, answers my questions thoroughly and respectfully.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Gustofson at CCRM Colorado?
I've only spoken with him on the phone so far because I haven't had my retrieval yet. So far, he seems wonderful. Spends time on the phone with me, isn't in a hurry, answers my questions thoroughly and respectfully. Thinks outside the box.
Choose him as your Doctor.
He is my 4th doctor and the first doctor that I can email directly. He took the time to really talk on the phone, answered all my questions, didn't seem rushed and seemed to want my business. Other doctors I've had all seemed to act as though they were doing me a favor. Dr G was trying to compete for my business, which I liked, given that I'm going to be paying them A LOT of money.
We are going to do a testosterone/estrogen priming cycle. And then 2 weeks of stims. The priming is to increase egg quality. We are also doing omniotrope
Kathryn seems very well organized and conscientious. She always responds to my questions. She's also firm. that's all I know so far!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
So far, very organized, strict and friendly. I've had a good experience so far. Their billing, business, front desk staff all seem nice. Everyone I've interacted with so far seems great. I haven't had an ER yet though, so I'll come back and update!
24K per cycle