Medical SchoolU. of Louisville
FellowshipMed U. of S. Carolina
4123 Dutchmans Parkway
Louisville, KY 40207
502-897-2144
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Homm to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility and Endocrine Associates to a friend?
Dr Homm was very kind and positive. He made me feel at ease during all procedures.... He also was very flexible and willing to change his schedule around to accommodate whatever would increase chances of success. Initially I was scheduled for one date for retrieval, however, my body responded super quick so he rearranged to move my surgery up by a week. This would result in a weekend transfer which he was willing to do despite the fact they would be closed.
How was your experience with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr Homm was very kind and positive. He also was very flexible and willing to change his schedule around to accommodate whatever would increase chances of success. Initially I was scheduled for one date for retrieval, however, my body responded super quick so he rearranged to move my surgery up by a week. This would result in a weekend transfer which he was willing to do despite the fact they would be closed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Ask questions. He is more than willing to answer, so don’t shy away from doing so.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Describe the protocols Robert Homm used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
My first cycle: I was placed on 3 vials of menopur per night but later decreased to 2. I was prescribed estrogen tablets as well as estrogen gel. This was a frozen cycle so i began progesterone suppositories prior to transfer. Second cycle: i was prescribed 3 vials of Menopur per night. My body responded well but I did not decrease this time. My follies were growing extremely fast so my retrieval had to be moved up. I was a tad concerned I did not decrease (due to the growth rate) and unfortunately during retrieval, many had overmatured. I began progesterone in oil injections the night of retrieval. I was not prescribed estrogen tabs this time, but was prescribed the gel. However, i began the gel 3 days prior to retrieval so with the retrieval being pushed up, I am not sure if my body had enough time to respond before transfer. This part was out of anyone’s control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility and Endocrine Associates. (Assigned nurse: Dr Devine)
Dr Devine was very warm mannered and always took time to answer questions. I tend to worry and she was very reassuring.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
They are very timely in returning calls and try their best to accommodate schedules. The office staff are very friendly and actually remember you, which is nice. They remember things about our families, workplace and etc which make you feel as though they really care. On some occasions they are short staffed and the wait can be a bit longer than expected.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Monitoring appointments were easily scheduled. They were able to work with our schedules.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
My fresh transfer cost a little over $4000 and my frozen cost a bit over $10000. They do a “Heros Discount” for servicmen/women, so we took advantage of that. I remember ICSI cost appx $1K, thawing (for frozen embryos) cost appx $250, assisted hatching cost appx $450.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Homm doesn't have the best bedside manor, but that's why I usually see Dr Divine in the office. Dr Homm does seem to be very knowledgeable and he did manage to give me the baby I wanted. I've not been as successful at having a second, though....Know that though his demeanor can seem somewhat off putting, he's still a good doctor. If bedside manor is important to you, see Dr Divine for your visits.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
I mostly saw Dr Divine while under the care of their office and I loved her. I really only dealt with Dr Homm during actual procedures. He did make me feel comfortable during those, though.
I do not have a good memory for these types of things. I do not recall the specific meds that I was on for the original IVF cycle. I just know that there were injections and pills and creams. The retrieval surgery was done under general anesthesia. Then more meds to build my lining, and the transfer was done in the office. I also had a lap and D&C before we started, after a uterine fibroid was found. That was when I was also diagnosed with endometriosis. My two subsequent unsuccessful FETs included Lupron injections (I don't think that I used this for the original cycle), estrogen pills and gel, antibiotics, steroids, and crinone vaginal cream. The transfers both also took place in the office. They thawed the frozen embryos that morning I believe, made sure they expanded, and then implanted them. There were always ultrasounds done before each transfer was scheduled to check the uterus and ovaries, and then another one done a week before transfer to check the lining. Nothing was done after each failure. We still have one more embryo to transfer, and I was advised at my last appointment that they've started to also include a uterine "scrape" before each transfer now. It's a procedure done in the office that's like a mini D&C, to increase the likelihood that the embryo will stick. But I haven't had that procedure previously.
They are all very friendly and compassionate, and they all seem to have a real connection with their patients, or at least with me.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The only weakness I've found has to do with billing. They switched systems, and started sending me a bill for $120, when I know that I paid in full up front, because they required me to. They can't tell me what the bill is for, because it's from their old system and they can't look it up. Other than that, I've never had a problem with anyone there.
The original IVF cycle cost us around $20,000 including the meds and the ICSI procedure.
2008 - 2010
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
He is very knowledgeable he cared about me and my husband and tried everything to give us a live birth...Everyone in the office treated me like I was the only person there. There cared about me and my husband's feelings and the feelings of other patients there...Listen to what he tells you and ty your best to follow his instructions...It [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] was more expensive than others in this area but he can so highly recommended to us it was worth it
2008 - 2010
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Listen to what he tells you and ty your best to follow his instructions
Everyone in the office treated me like I was the only person there. There cared about me and my husbands feelings and the feelings of other patients there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility and Endocrine Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kit Devine)
I love everyone in this office they are all so caring and want the best outcome for all of their patients
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
I really like how both the male and female offices are right beside each other so you can go to one location to get everything done that needs to be.
It was more expensive then others in this area but he can so highly recommended to us it was worth it