Not available by email
Not available by direct line
Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolUConn
ResidencyUConn
FellowshipPenn
281 Maple St.
East Longmeadow, MA 01028
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Howe to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert S. Howe to a friend?
2012 - 2016
8 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Howe was amazing! He took the time to explain things...many don't do that anymore. He listened and he took time with me. We tried IUIs until I was ready to move forward. He never gave me false hopes but waited until I was ready to move to donor eggs. At that time he referred me to what is now IVF NE. He works with them so I could do all my monitoring local. Even when I was at my darkest moment, I went and sat and talked with Dr. Howe who helped me to the finish line!
It is small [Dr. Howe's office] which I liked but he doesn't do major treatment. I was referred out. But to have someone to take the time to explain what the hell is happening....he is great... Again I loved him BUT his practice has suffered over the years and I am not sure why. His staff changes frequently and the blood person was unreliable. I hope that things will change and the practice will be vibrant again. He is a wonderful doctor.
2012 - 2016
8 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Howe at Robert S. Howe?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Howe at Robert S. Howe?
Never lose sight of what you want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Howe at Robert S. Howe?
Describe the protocols Robert Howe used in your cycles at Robert S. Howe and their degree of success.
I only did IUIs with Dr. Howe. My clomid challenge was poor. I was not ready to explore DE and I was in the process of getting married. He suggested some IUIs until we were ready to move forward. We had 8 unsuccessful ones. After the last one, I said it was time to move on.
My main treatments were at a different clinic. At Dr. Howe's his nurses constantly change. When I first started going there, that was not the case but things have changed. I have never had an issue but they just always change.
Describe your experience with Robert S. Howe.
It is small which I liked but he doesn't do major treatment. I was referred out. But to have someone to take the time to explain what the hell is happening....he is great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Howe at Robert S. Howe.
None.....that was covered by insurance. Now IVF New England was NOT covered.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Robert Howe] did my tubal reversal one tube was still open after 3 months he told me I was healed and the tube will stay open. But he started pushing to IVF when I wasn’t pregnant within 6 months. I did three iui with medication one without. The found out the other tube was blocked he did not give me any information to get it unblocked he just pushed for IVF
office hours where good [at Robert Howe's office] and the doctor would come in and see you after hours of needed. There was no problems getting an appointment the same day if needed. They did close there clinic quickly and the dr move to another practice without reason...Tubal reversal cost me $3000.00 everything else was covered by my insurance
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Howe at Robert S. Howe?
He did my tubal reversal one tube was still open after 3 months he told me I was healed and the tube will stay open. But he started pushing to IVF when I wasn’t pregnant within 6 months. I did three iui with medication one without. The found out the other tube was blocked he did not give me any information to get it unblocked he just pushed for IVF
Know what you want and don’t let him push you
At the beginning I felt like a human but I did begin to feel like a number and the patent doctor communication was gone and he was pushing me to do IVF at the clinic he was associated with
I did 5mg of a medicine twice then upped it to 10mg which worded better I had more eggs with 10mg
Describe your experience with Robert S. Howe.
Private place office hours where good and the doctor would come in and see you after hours of needed. There was no problems getting an appointment the same day if needed. They did close there clinic quickly and the dr move to another practice without reason.
Tubal reversal cost me $3000.00 everything else was covered by my insurance
Describe Robert Howe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Robert S. Howe.
We didn’t do IVF with him