Kentucky Fertility Institute

Medical SchoolAUC School of Med.
ResidencyStaten Island U.
FellowshipU. of Louisville
4612 Chamberlain Ln
Louisville, KY 40241
502-996-4480
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert K. Hunter II to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kentucky Fertility Institute to a friend?
I have had to go in for weekend appointments [with Dr. Hunter]. He has never seemed bothered by me bothering him on weekends. He is always patient and kind. He always asks if I have any questions or concerns to ensure that we are all on the same page. And, on more than one occasion he has offered to meet with me in his office to discuss future treatment...very understanding and will not continue to do treatments that aren’t working. He will make appropriate changes to the plan of care to help reach the final goal of pregnancy.
How was your experience with Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter is always available when I need to get in to see him. I have had to call the weekend on call team more than once and I have had to go in for weekend appointments. He has never seemed bothered by me bothering him on weekends. He is always patient and kind. He always asks if I have any questions or concerns to ensure that we are all on the same page. And, on more than one occasion he has offered to meet with me in his office to discuss future treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter is very understanding and will not continue to do treatments that aren’t working. He will make appropriate changes to the plan of care to help reach the final goal of pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I feel like Dr Hunter and his staff really care about me. Everyone in the office is kind and every time I’m in for an appointment or procedure I feel as if I were to want to discuss where I am in my treatment or make any changes it would be welcome.
Describe the protocols Robert K. Hunter II used in your cycles at Kentucky Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My infertility is unexplained as no diagnosis could be found with either myself or my husband. My only issue was a short luteal phase. Dr Hunter felt that I would respond better with letrozole as opposed to clomid. We did 4 timed intercourse attempts with letrozole, ovidrel trigger shot for ovulation, and progesterone suppositories after ovulation. When those attempts failed we moved on to iui. Same medications, but iui as opposed to timed intercourse. I’ve now had 4 iui’s and am a week away from finding out if the 4th time was the charm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Nursing is very caring and understanding. Whenever I have had to leave messages for nursing staff to inquire about my care they are always prompt to respond and willing to answer any questions or address any concerns.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. They are also very prompt with care as I have rarely had to wait long to be called back for an appointment. After a couple visits the staff knew me by name when I would arrive for an appointment, giving that extra personal feel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
IUI’s have been $500 per attempt. Monthly ultrasounds to assess follicle growth have sometimes been covered by insurance, but not always. When I have done self pay for those, they have been $175. Other than that, I have just had to pay prescription co pays for my medications.
Louisville
He takes a lot of time to explain his treatment plan to make sure you understand everything. He always asks if you have questions and will take as much time as needed to answer your questions. I have emailed him directly on one occasion and he responded within 2 minutes, which was incredibly impressive.... Dr. Hunter has been very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Sometimes his answers are too long and I'm worried to ask additional questions, as the visit may take longer than I have time for.
I'm currently still in treatment, so I can't give too many specifics. However, so far Dr. Hunter has been very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Sometimes his answers are too long and I'm worried to ask additional questions, as the visit may take longer than I have time for. He is very thorough. I have confidence I will be successful with Dr. Hunter
Be patient with the process because Dr. Hunter will not rush anything. (The treatment plan, the visits, the start of IVF, etc).
He takes a lot of time to explain his treatment plan to make sure you understand everything. He always asks if you have questions and will take as much time as needed to answer your questions. I have emailed him directly on one occasion and he responded within 2 minutes, which was incredibly impressive. There are only two doctors at the practice, but one is always on call and will answer phone calls to ensure you get the answers you need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
I am at the beginning of treatment, but so far, the nurse has been very responsive to emails/phone calls. She is organized and made sure I understood the injection calendar.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The wait time at this clinic is outrageous. Every visit I have been to so far (approx 6) I have waited 30 min in the waiting room. I have started showing up 15 min late for appointments so I only have to wait 15 min. The scheduling should be adjusted so patients are not scheduled so close together to correct this wait time. Dr. Hunter is very thorough and takes the time to answer all your questions, which I appreciate, but this should be taken into consideration when scheduling patients.
With my insurance, one round of IVF was approx $3,500, plus prescription meds, which is much more expensive than when I saw a doctor in a neighboring state.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
None, Unexplained
Dr Hunter has always given a very clear outlook on what the plan was and what to expect. He has done everything he can to put our minds at ease and prepare us for treatment. His accessibility and casual yet perfessional demeanor puts him above all others on our list... Dr Hunter is always available and has done many after hours calls and emails. He makes the process so much less stressful.... My wife and I feel like the priority every time we walk in the door at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
None, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
Have a good list of questions and concerns. I would take notes as he will give a great deal of insight. He will always be available and is very much a man of his word
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
Dr Hunter and his team make you feel like family. They answer questions give great guidance for you and not to make a dollar. Dr Hunter is always available and has done many after hours calls and emails. He makes the process so much less stressful. The team at Kentucky Fertility is above and beyond what any customer based business should be. My wife and I feel like the priority every time we walk in the door at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Describe the protocols Robert K. Hunter II used in your cycles at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare and their degree of success.
We used a standard IVF protocol. Dr Hunter, Nurse Powers and Dr Christiansen worked to get a schedule that work for use and a variety of pharmacys to get use the best deal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare. (Assigned nurse: Carol Power)
Carol is like that family friend you always called aunt Carol. She is so great and puts us first and is very personable
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Overall Kentucky Fertility Treatment is a great facility and has excellent customer service. The only weakness is the task of getting a phone call answered but they always use their system to give a quick return call
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Kentucky Fertility Institute work very well to meet our financial needs. They presxreenwd our insurance and worked through our options
Describe Robert K. Hunter II's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Dr Hunter explained with our age and health single transfer would give us the best results
University of Louisville Women's Healthcare
Louisville
My experience with Dr. Hunter began with a consultation and a review of my reproductive/gynecological history to date. From there, we scheduled an hsg test, followed by a monthly drug regimen. Dr. Hunter is great at answering questions, showed compassion regarding the ectopic pregnancy I experience before beginning treatments with his office, and makes himself as available as possible to his patients.... I take Ovidrel on days 3 through 7 of my cycle.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. While he tries to be thorough, there can be a lot to cover during any given appointment. He is also great with email follow-up if you think of questions after your appointment.
At Kentucky Fertility Institute, I am greeted by name when I walk through the door. The nurses and Dr. Hunter are incredibly kind, patient, and supportive. I feel listened to, and I feel they go above and beyond to answer my questions and address my concerns.
I am still in treatment with Dr. Hunter. During any given cycle, I take Ovidrel on days 3 through 7 of my cycle. I go in for an ultrasound between days 11 and 13, followed by a trigger shot and a daily dose of Progesterone for the next two weeks or until the start of my next cycle. The rationale for this treatment is based on other testing I've had done - my hsg was normal, my thyroid levels are normal, my testosterone levels are a bit high, etc. I'd also noticed that I tend to ovulate a bit late in my cycle naturally. My husband also had a sperm analysis, which came back normal as well.
The nursing staff are incredibly kind, friendly, and compassionate. They are also knowledgeable and helpful with questions.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. The administrative side of the clinic is usually efficient, and I've never had issues scheduling an appointment. The only downside for me is their location (not exactly close to my home or office), but the clinic's pros far outweigh this minor inconvenience.
Ultrasounds are $175. Total cost of medications per month is about $110 - $115, with the trigger shot being the most expensive (about $80 per shot). We are considering IUI as our next step; the office quoted this treatment at $500 per cycle.
Describe Robert K. Hunter II's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Hunter is patient and calmly answers all questions we have. He explains treatment options and potential risks. He is very easy to get in touch with and Is personable and supportive. He answers after hours when needed.... I came to the clinic with pcos and past treatment of clomid and Letrozole. Because I was unsure if I ever ovulated in the past (unable to be sure by home tests), it was decided we would do Letrozole with trigger shots and monitored ovulation and timed intercourse.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I would say come ready with you questions and he will be happy to answer them and to explain the process of treatment. I would suggest asking for details of bloodwork.
Dr Hunter treated my husband and I like humans. He is very personable, explains everything thoroughly and answers all our questions in a respectful and understanding manner.
I came to the clinic with pcos and past treatment of clomid and Letrozole. Because I was unsure if I ever ovulated in the past (unable to be sure by home tests), it was decided we would do Letrozole with trigger shots and monitored ovulation and timed intercourse. First a hystroscopy was completed due to past hyperplasia. Then I came in monthly to get ultrasounds to check my lining and follicles before taking the trigger shot. After 5 to 6 months of negative pregnancy tests, I did a HSG test. It showed that I had both follopian tubes blocked from the center out. It was recommend that our current treatment stop and we move either to IVF or laparoscopy surgery. We plan to move to IVF soon
The nursing staff at KFI are very compassionate. They are personable and answer questions.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
KFI is great. Everyone at the clinic is caring and kind. They always remember my name and give great, personalized care. Angie at the front desk is always great and is discreet and kind about any billing or Lyme my needed. All the staff put the patients first
My consultation was free. I had a hysteopscopy and D&C so I owed for that to hit my insurance deductible. I paid for bloodwork. I paid what my insurance didn’t cover for ultrasounds and HSG. I paid out of pocket for trigger shot each month and paid copay for Letrozole
Have not experienced that yet
Louisville
Dr. Hunter explained our options really clearly. He was very easy to reach with questions and gave honest, direct answers. He made my husband and me feel like we made the best choice in working with him... He gave me clear options. He made us feel so at ease. He greeted me with a handshake at the start of each appointment. He always closed with a meeting in his office to answer any questions. He made you feel like he was really available for discussing next steps and questions. He always returned phone calls, never leaving that up to his staff.
Dr. Hunter understood my previous negative experiences with the other clinic and he completely changed my opinion of the process. He gave me clear options. He made us feel so at ease. He greeted me with a handshake at the start of each appointment. He always closed with a meeting in his office to answer any questions. He made you feel like he was really available for discussing next steps and questions. He always returned phone calls, never leaving that up to his staff.
Don't give up. He will explain your options and you should discuss with him what could work best for your situation. Don't go in assuming what you've been told before is what is best.
We used Clomid, opposed to Letrozole b/c he felt like that would be ideal for my case. I had been on Letrozole with former clinic. I came in for follicle ultrasound and he chose to wait an extra day for my IUI in order to grow more follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
I loved Stacy! She is so warm and makes you feel so relaxed. She remembers things about who you are as a person which always makes you feel like a "human" and "not a number". I loved that Stacy was always with Dr. Hunter, I felt like both were a steady presence during this journey.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Convenient location, clean, modern, wonderful amenities like good reading materials, beverages, etc.. You are almost always greeted by name and if they were delayed you were alerted to this. They were all so friendly.
$500 for IUI, $125-$150 for Semen Analysis, $150 for Ulrasound
Louisville
Dr. Hunter was kind and gentle. He was patient. And he actually listened to me when I spoke. He didn’t overwhelm me. He didn’t bombard me with information that I didn’t understand....Doctor Hunter did very in-depth labs and testing on my husband and I. He made sure we were healthy and our levels were normal to better increase our chances of success. He also gave us advise on vitamins and supplements that would benefit us best and he also got back with me immediately when a couple of my labs were abnormal.
Dr. Hunter is a very intelligent and highly educated man. You can clearly see all of his accomplishments by just looking at his wall of degrees, diplomas and awards in his office. It is almost intimidating to be in the presence of someone who has achieved so much. You are already feeling nervous and anxious and maybe even a little sad and disheartened that you even have to be there because how things have unfolded is so unbelievably different than what you had planned. You also might be afraid that you will say something wrong or make yourself look stupid infront of someone who could have the answers that could potinetally end your years of suffering and hold the solution to your broken heart. He was reassuring, calm and relatable. He gave me options. He didn’t order me around. He tailored our treatment around our needs and our schedule. He and his staff were so accommodating which meant so much to us as we live 3 hours from the clinic and travel and time off work were difficult barriers to work with. He and his staff made theirselves available to us for any questions or concernes that we had. Communication, feeling included and involved is very important to me. Dr. Hunter made sure those needs were his top priority.
I would tell a prospective patient to not let fear hold them back. To go ahead and make the first step or don’t let previous experiences hold you back from seeking out Dr. Hunter and his expertise. You can feel the passion they have for their field and their commitment to their patients.
In the past by other fertility specialists I have been treated like a number so my guard was already up. Dr. Hunter was kind and gentle. He was patient. And he actually listened to me when I spoke. He didn’t overwhelm me. He didn’t bombard me with information that I didn’t understand. He wasn’t rushed and took the time to get to know my husband and I.
Doctor Hunter did very in-depth labs and testing on my husband and I. He made sure we were healthy and our levels were normal to better increase our chances of success. He also gave us advise on vitamins and supplements that would benefit us best and he also got back with me immediately when a couple of my labs were abnormal. He also helped me find ways to improve them before the cycle. He also did a ultrasound to measure my follicles and uterine lining to make sure I was ready for the cycle and to determine exactly when I needed to administer my injection.
They were all so helpful and open to any questions I had. They always made time for me and were always smiling and optimistic. They were also very knowledgeable and efficient.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I would say the clincis biggest strengths would be compassion and communication. To be a fairly new clinic they are very organized, well managed and well equipped. They met all of my and my husbands needs and expectations so I cannot pin point any weaknesses at this time.
The IUI itself was $1,000. My labs were $250. My husbands were $110. My ultrasound was $90. My clomid was $10. My shot was $75 with the discount card.
This does not apply to us.
PCOS, Other
It’s easy to reach Dr Hunter for questions and concerns and he is very patient addressing them. He performs all the ultrasound and IUI procedures by himself which I know nurse does in other clinics. The fact he is always willing to spend his time make me feel very comfortable that I can trust him. He is very professional and will not push for procedures that are not necessary. He explains everything in details to me and my husband. I remember him right by my bed side after I woke up from egg retrieval to check on me. He makes responsible medical advice to only transfer one embryo even though it might not be what I want to hear but he knows that’s the right advice in our situation.
PCOS, Other
Ask as many questions as you can, Dr Hunter is great at addressing them. Be patient with your treatment plan.
Dr Hunter made me feel important not just another patient. He spent his time to answer all our questions and provide advices. He is a very dedicated to patient care.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism by Dr Hunter. Also I have PCOS, we started with Letrozole for 6 cycles and did 5 IUI with no pregnancy. So we moved on to IVF, I was on gonal F 150 units due to PCOS and was given Lupron Trigger to prevent OHSS. I produced 20 eggs and retrieved 17 of them. 14 were matured, 11 fertilized. On day 5, we froze 5 embryos. Then we did a frozen transfer cycle and became pregnant and just recently delivered my baby girl.
Carol is always very helpful and professional. She is also very personable. She held my hand in procedures which made me feel secure and at ease. She is also very knowledgeable and get back to me quickly with answers to my questions
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They are always on time for appointments, I never had to wait more than 15 mins from my scheduled appointment time. Very easy to work with. Every staff member is helpful and friendly. The billing department messed up our bills several times though, that’s the only part I don’t like about this clinic.
IUI price was very reasonable, about 250-300 dollars. IVF cycle is 13500 without medication.
He strongly recommended one embryo transfer even though I wanted to transfer two. Ultimately it was my choice. Given my age and quality of the embryo I knew his advice is right and we followed it at the end.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Hunter took my calls/emails at all hours of the day. He said to email or call him at any time and he meant it. I was under his care for one year and dealt with the removal of an ovarian cyst, a failed IUI, and also a successful round of IVF...Incredibly knowledgeable on the subject matter Trustworthy Weaknesses: Can lack emotional connection to patient or empathy...if you're looking for someone who is incredibly skilled, detail oriented, focused and trustworthy, he's your guy.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Strengths: Very thorough and spends time discussing patient's questions Makes himself available at all hours and responds quickly Incredibly knowledgeable on the subject matter Trustworthy Weaknesses: Can lack emotional connection to patient or empathy
It's probably like this with most fertility clinics, but be prepared to come into the office often for many visits. Have patience, as the process of trying to get pregnant is not a quick one. Dr. Hunter does not like to rush things, so you will need to trust in him and his timeline. If you are looking for someone who is emotional and will show you empathy, he is not the right doctor for you. But if you're looking for someone who is incredibly skilled, detail oriented, focused and trustworthy, he's your guy.
Dr. Hunter took my calls/emails at all hours of the day. He said to email or call him at any time and he meant it. I was under his care for one year and dealt with the removal of an ovarian cyst, a failed IUI, and also a successful round of IVF. Through the months of "let's wait and see" while the ovarian cyst was being dealt with, it was difficult to just sit back and wait, but I trusted that Dr. Hunter knew the best steps to take. After waiting several months for the cyst to go away on its own, we decided together that it was best to surgically remove it. That process was very difficult and the surgery was much harder than I was anticipating. When I was finally able to try IUI, it was a big let down when it did not work. The success rates for IUI are low and the statistics show that. Dr. Hunter was very focused on the science of how/why/when I could get pregnant, and at times it was difficult to not have him be more emotional, however, looking back I understand why. The next step was IVF. He and his team were phenomenal, always there to listen to me and answer my questions. But again, he didn't let me lose site of the statistics and the probability of me actually getting pregnant. It's a difficult balancing act between being practical and giving someone hope, but he managed to show me all angles of the equation. At this point, I had been under his care for nine months, so I knew him and his team well and was comfortable with them, but even if I had just met them, I am confident I would have trusted in them just the same. IVF is a very raw, emotional, tiring experience, and without Dr. Hunter and his team I'm not sure I could have made it through. Whether it was the IVF nurse, the lab director, the other nurses on his team, or the wonderful lady who handled blood draws, everyone made me feel like a person, not just another patient. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins, and on my last visit I was in tears to leave these great people. A bittersweet ending! Very happy to be pregnant but sad to be leaving a team of people I had shared such an emotional journey with. I highly recommend Dr. Hunter and his team at the Kentucky Fertility Institute. They are wonderful.
While doing IUI, I basically just took an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation and that was that. I did not have a successful round of IUI. IVF was much more complex and I did become pregnant with twins. I am currently pregnant, so have not yet given birth. IVF to prepare for the retrieval for about 2.5 weeks: Lupron 5 units Follistim 225 units twice a day Menopur 150 IU Lovenox 40 mg (blood thinner for other medical issue I have) Doxycycilne - for 5 days After the egg transfer taken for 6 weeks: Crinone gel 8% daily Progesterone oil injection daily Estradiol tab 2mg taken vaginally twice daily Estradiol tab 2mg taken orally twice daily Doxycycline for 10 days Lovenox injection (blood thinner for other health issue)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol Powers)
The IVF Coordinator Carol Powers is phenomenal. She made me feel comfortable every step of the way. She truly is a huge part of the reason why I made it through the IVF process. Stacie and Candie are two other nurses who helped me a lot. Stacie saw me through many ultrasounds that were a disappointment to me when I was waiting for the ovarian cyst to go away.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean (it's a very new facility) and well kept. The waiting room has a TV and refreshments for those waiting. Sometimes the wait was a bit long. This is probably in part because the doctors like to fully explain all of their patient's questions which can then cause them to be a bit behind on other appointments. But it was not uncommon for them to be running behind.
I believe we paid $250 for the Hysterosalingogram (HSG) that was needed at the very start of my time at the clinic to determine if my tubes were blocked. There was one other $250 charge at the beginning, but I'm forgetting entirely what it was for. Thankfully my husband and I have very good insurance, so a lot of the medications were fully covered or had a small co-pay. We did have a $4,350 out of pocket cost for IVF. We also had a $525 cost for the anesthesia for the egg retrieval. Blood draws each time were also $70 each time, which my insurance covered. The Ovidrel shot is $99 each time, too, and I had two of those.
Dr. Hunter was comfortable transferring two embryos but no more. He did say that since I have a blood clotting disorder, it would be more strain on my body if I were to get pregnant with multiples and he provided me the risks in advance. However, he didn't say it was out of the question to have twins and was in support of what I preferred.
Louisville
Dr. Hunter treats you like a friend, not just a patient. He explains everything thoroughly and will repeatedly ask you if you have any questions. If you think of a question later you can send him an email or call him and he is very quick to respond... I have applied for a few grants this year for IVF treatment which required some medical forms from him and he quickly got those forms back to me. One of the grants required testing and Dr.Hunter put a rush on my tests/results so that I would meet the grant deadline. He has been so helpful. He is also very quick to respond to emails.
Dr. Hunter treats you like a friend, not just a patient. He explains everything thoroughly and will repeatedly ask you if you have any questions. If you think of a question later you can send him an email or call him and he is very quick to respond. I am so glad I found this facility.
Ask questions! He wants you to ask questions so don't be afraid to ask something. No question is dumb. You might think that but trust me he does not think that.
Dr. Hunter and his staff have been amazing. I first met them at a "Coffee with a Doc" event which was more like a meet and greet and Q&A. It was great and I fell in love with the facility. Then I scheduled a consult the same day. Just recently I underwent my first tests with Dr. Hunter. He performed an SHG and a semen analysis on my husband. The SHG was uncomfortable and painful but Dr.Hunter was very professional and reassuring. He told me what he was going to do before he did it which was comforting. I have applied for a few grants this year for IVF treatment which required some medical forms from him and he quickly got those forms back to me. One of the grants required testing and Dr.Hunter put a rush on my tests/results so that I would meet the grant deadline. He has been so helpful. He is also very quick to respond to emails.
So far I have seen Dr. Hunter for a consult and an SHG exam. The SHG was painful but he told me exactly what he was going to do before he did it which was comforting. He told me the results immediately and repeatedly asked if we had any questions. He also performed a semen analysis on my husband the same day and we had those results later that afternoon. We are hoping one of our grants comes through this year so that we can pursue IVF at this facility.
The nursing staff was very helpful. The nurse helped prep me for my SHG exam. She brought my husband in to the exam room after his analysis was over. Sometimes offices are so busy and they don't have time to wait. They waiting for my husband to finish his analysis before beginning my exam so that he could be in the room with me. That was important to me. They are very accommodating. She also brought me water and advil prior to my exam to alleviate cramping.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is beautiful and it is in a nice location. Easy to find. The atmosphere is very welcoming and so is the staff! Everything is performed in office so you don't have to worry about things being shipping somewhere else and you don't have to go here and there and everywhere for testing, etc;
Semen analysis $140. My bloodwork was $50 although I am not sure what all was tested. I have not yet received my bill for the SHG exam. I was given pricing for IVF although we have not pursued it yet. 13,750 for IVF; 4000-7000 for my medication; 500 for the anesthesiologist. Freezing and genetic testing are additional.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Hunter was very proactive in our treatment and was very knowledgeable. He is a very through doctor and he always answered any questions we had. He never rushed us or made us feel silly for asking any questions...Dr. Hunter always knew exactly where we were in our cycle at every appointment and what we had planned to do next. He was very easy to communicate with. And he was very empathetic to our emotional journey.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Ask any questions you have! He is very knowledgeable and through. He is very compassionate to his clients.
Before starting out IVF cycle he recommended we have pre-genetic testing done. This slightly changed our course once we received unforeseen results. In which case we were very pleased that he recommend that we do the testing. We set up PGD testing to be preformed on the embryos after retrieval. We did IVF, we got 30 eggs retrieved. 12 fertilized and 2 made it to freeze. Unfortunately both came back with negative transferable results through the 3rd party testing. We are planning on trying the IVF process again with another egg retrieval in the future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kathy, Carol, Angie )
I love the entire staff! Everyone of them always said hello to me by name and they really start to become your little family during the process. It's just how an infertility clinic should be! Infertility is a difficult thing to go through, but they made it as comfortable as possible for me !
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The staff is very welcoming and encouraging to their patients. They are very prompt to find answers to questions I have. The only thing that I would suggest would be to Possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and then possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and inject them. That was the only part of the process that I was very nervous about in the beginning, and felt I could have used a little more explanation. But otherwise they are a great, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable staff.
My insurance was initially taken at our first appointments. The co-pays weren't bad due to our insurance. They would put a credit card on file for us for any labs that were done in case there was a balance. And their IVF cycles are mainly all-inclusive so you pay one set amount at the beginning and there are no additional charges to write your cycle, which is nice and makes things a little less stressful.
Because I have had several miscarriage, Dr. Hunter suggested that we only transfer embryo when the time comes. He did not want to complicate a possible pregnancy by transferring more than one embryo. This was to avoid another miscarriage outcome.
Louisville
Dr. Hunter has been amazing to work with so far. From the very first time we met with him to the most recent appointments he has shown compassion, patience, and understanding. After our recent IUI failed he called me himself to say he was sorry our cycle wasn't successful....Dr. Hunter believes that IUI is a good option for my husband and I because of my diagnosis. I do ovulate on my own and we have no other known issues so we decided on unmedicated IUI cycles. The plan is to try unmedicated cycles but also keeping the option of medication open if we don't get the results we want.
Dr. Hunter has been amazing to work with so far. From the very first time we met with him to the most recent appointments he has shown compassion, patience, and understanding. After our recent IUI failed he called me himself to say he was sorry our cycle wasn't successful. I was expecting a call from the nurse but I was so happy to be able to speak with him directly. He has always explained our options with our fertility journey. Once he gave us options he talked through them with us and supported our decision. I have enjoyed working with him and look forward to continuing to work with him.
Go in with an open mind.
My husband and I have met with Dr. Hunter several times now and he never makes you feel rushed to leave. He answers all questions completely and always asks if you have any further questions before the appointment is over.
After having an HSG I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis. Dr. Hunter believes that IUI is a good option for my husband and I because of my diagnosis. I do ovulate on my own and we have no other known issues so we decided on unmedicated IUI cycles. The plan is to try unmedicated cycles but also keeping the option of medication open if we don't get the results we want. We have had one unsuccessful IUI and we are planning for our second this next cycle.
The nursing staff at KFI is amazing. They call you by name and make you feel like a person. I was very upset during my first time at KFI because of the results of a test and our nurse handed me a box of tissues before stepping out of the room to give my husband and I a moment alone. When she came back she put her arm around me and said "I know this is hard, but it's only a bump in the road. We will just keep going". I felt like she truly cared about how I felt and that made that experience so special.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a fairly new clinic but so far I haven't found any weaknesses. They truly put their patients first and they make such an awful time in life just a little bit easier. I've always been greeted with a smile and called by my name when walking in the door. It feels more like a family rather than a doctors office.
We are trying IUI first but if we did decide to move in to IVF, Dr. Hunter said he would only transfer one embryo for me personally. I'm a very small person and he said carrying twins would be more of a risk because of my size.
Louisville
He [Dr. Hunter] took the time to go over my entire chart, we didn't feel rushed at all. We toured the whole facility, met the staff, they even gave us breakfast. It was an extremely personalized and attentive appointment and he seemed to genuinely care about our needs...He acknowledged the fact that I have PCOS but also said that since I was ovulating regularly and everything else was normal, he didn't think this was he cause of our infertility. He put us in the unexplained category and suggested we start with IVF.
He was kind and attentive but also thorough. We transferred from another clinic where we felt like another patient number or dollar sign at every visit, hoping to find a warmer experience elsewhere. Dr. Hunter exceeded these expectations and made sure we were not only informed, but comfortable through our visit as well.
Ask questions! And write them down beforehand. There is nothing worse than getting home and thinking of a thousand other things to ask your doctor. He took his time with us and answered everything we asked without that "rushed" feeling that we had with our other clinic.
He took the time to go over my entire chart, we didn't feel rushed at all. We toured the whole facility, met the staff, they even gave us breakfast. It was an extremely personalized and attentive appointment and he seemed to genuinely care about our needs.
He acknowledged the fact that I have PCOS but also said that since I was ovulating regularly and everything else was normal, he didn't think this was he cause of our infertility. He put us in the unexplained category and suggested we start with IVF. We are saving for it now and hope to be able to do it this year.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They treat you like a human being, not like a patient number. I felt like they genuinely cared about the entire process, and Dr. Hunter went above and beyond answering our questions. We didn't feel rushed at all, unlike our experience with a previous office.
I don't remember specific numbers, but the financial counselor was very thorough. Costs included exams, ultrasounds, and the procedures themselves. On-site genetic counseling was provided for an additional fee. Medications were a separate expense.
None, Other
He [Dr. Hunter] was very nice and easy to talk to he explained everything to me and went over everything and suggesed we do ivf or a tubul reversal and to speak to the financial department. We went through all my results together explain each thing to me we went over my hCG test that show that my flesh and clips were off and that they were close so either have to do IVF or tubal reversal and he explained everything to me including the risk and the benefits of each one it was very understanding and very helpful in us making our decision
None, Other
How was your experience with Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
He was very nice and easy to talk to he explained everything to me and went over everything and suggesed we do ivf or a tubul reversal and to speak to the financial department. We went through all my results together explain each thing to me we went over my hCG test that show that my flesh and clips were off and that they were close so either have to do IVF or tubal reversal and he explained everything to me including the risk and the benefits of each one it was very understanding and very helpful in us making our decision I would definitely recommend him to any number of people
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
To come prepared with any test results that you already have any kind of testing that you have done and he would explain everything to you and write down all your questions that you would have for him so you can get everything answered while you're there
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
He was very respectful and answer all my questions and explained everything to me and what my next steps were to try ivf or do a tubul reversal
Describe the protocols Robert K. Hunter II used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
The only thing I've had done so far is an hsg test which shows if your fallopian tubes are open or blocked mine are blocked so they have to be reopened with a tubal reversal or try IVF to conceive another child he was very understanding and helping us decide between which one would like to do and I understand the cost of everything and tell us what the risk and benefits
The nursing staff was very nice and kind and explain everything they were going to do before they did it answered any questions that we had that the doctor had answered yet the front desk person was very nice and organized and got us all the paperwork we needed and help us fill out anything that we had questions on
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The clinic overall was good about getting back to us I did have a couple of problems trying to get the financial counselor to call us back cuz we had more questions and needed to get some more information to prepare for a tubal reversal or IVF had trouble getting that bag but other than that they're all pretty much good and very attentive and responsible about calling you back if need be
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
How to pay a $50 consultation fee upfront I don't have insurance that covers fertility treatment I'm so for IVF it was $14,000 up front plus whatever medications and stuff you had to have and then my tubal reversal would be 4000 to $5,000 it plus I have facility in hospital fees
Fertility and Endocrine Associates
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Hunter presents as a professional who is focused on results, and tests. This was very helpful for us as an older couple (34,&40). Later when we were presented with Insurance issues and the decision to precede in the way our hearts desired to have a baby or the way the insurance company wanted us to have a baby. Dr Hunter was quick to advocate for our hearts... We completed the testing for egg reserve and a scrap of my lining. We were preped to start medication to prepare my body for egg retrieval and IVF for my wife but the cost and claim denials made us take a different route with my wife using IUI.
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Hunter presents as a professional who is focused on results, and tests. This was very helpful for us as an older couple (34,&40). Later when we were presented with Insurance issues and the decision to precede in the way our hearts desired to have a baby or the way the insurance company wanted us to have a baby. Dr Hunter was quick to advocate for our hearts- he probably doesn’t know what happened in that appointment with our relationship but it was life changing to see a doctor advocating for us. Ultimately the cost made us take the path of least resistance.
Trust the journey! Couples are teams and introducing a new teammate into that relationship can sometimes be difficult. Dr Hunter will soon become your MVP just trust him with the ball
Dr Hunter was very quickly apart of our pregnancy journey. My desire has always been to have a baby but I never wanted to carry. My wife wanted and wants to feel all the aspects of pregnancy. Our match is pretty perfect. Dr Hunter never made me feel any other way than perfectly normal with my desire.
My instance was governed by our insurance. We completed the testing for egg reserve and a scrap of my lining. We were preped to start medication to prepare my body for egg retrieval and IVF for my wife but the cost and claim denials made us take a different route with my wife using IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
From the receptionist to phlebotomist and nurses, the staff was a family and it was very apparent from our first visit on.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The moment we walked in, we felt as their goals and our goals aligned. The goal of a child was clearly at the top of everyone’s list. We have encouraged many same sex couples to see Dr Hunter over the past couple of years. Without reservation, we have told others to trust the plan of action and ask questions as they arise. No matter the news, good or bad, we always felt confidant that we were all moving in the same direction
Our initial request was too costly and we ended up getting pregnancy by IUI which was around $7,000
Louisville
Dr hunter is the best. He is very considerate , well mannered, down to earth, very knowledgeable and confident in what he does....Dr. HUnter is by far the best doctor ive gone to . he is very understandable when it come to feelings and also his job he makes sure you understand everything , treats you with respect and has your happiness at the number 1 priority. He does not just treat you like a number he is there to make you happy, confident and comfortable...
Dr hunter is the best. He is very considerate , well mannered, down to earth, very knowledgeable and confident in what he does. I would never chose anyone else to get me through this. It doesnt matter if i come in the office with doubt or nervous or anything he makes sure i know that he is going to get me to where i want to be. He informs on every step of the way plus what the next steps could be if something doesn't work. I trust him fully in what he does and i know for sure he is confident and as long as im his patient i'll get to where i need to be
Be honest and ask questions. doesn't matter what kind of question you think you are asking he is there to reassure you and answer every questions and concern.
So far we have used birth control to get my cycles somewhat normalized in the beginning them we went on to letrzole on 2 cycles I've had 1 IUI which was unsuccessful. i go in thursday for my second after my second if it is not a success we will dicuss any changes he thinks would be necessary
The nursing staff is phenomenal. I come in they welcome you with smiles they know you by name. Super sweet and kind-hearted people
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
they are very clean , organized and such a welcoming environment
very reasonable
Louisville
Dr. Hunter will personally call to check in and to follow up. He was very up front and caring when having to give "bad" news. He was ready with resources and names of other professionals who could offer more specialized care for my mental state after diagnosis of POI/POF (therapists specializing in infertility, etc)...Dr. Hunter is to-the-point when it comes to diagnosis, treatment options, realistic outcomes, and further testing and/or specialists. He takes into consideration family histories and ALWAYS calls me personally whenever I've called or e-mail with questions. He is sure to be realistic but caring and is always ready with helpful information and resources.
Dr. Hunter is to-the-point when it comes to diagnosis, treatment options, realistic outcomes, and further testing and/or specialists. He takes into consideration family histories and ALWAYS calls me personally whenever I've called or e-mail with questions. He is sure to be realistic but caring and is always ready with helpful information and resources. My husband and I always feel like we've been told everything, not that anything has been withheld or explained in a confusing way.
First, to be prepared for news you may not want to hear...but that Dr. Hunter makes you feel like you are NOT alone!
I had already seen my OBGYN for several rounds of fertility medication, and seen a different RE in another city/state before I came to Dr. Hunter. While he did confirm the original diagnosis, he was there to offer multiple options for dealing with fertility options as well as options for staying the course of maintenance, while keeping the door open for future fertility options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember her name : ()
the entire staff is caring, organized, and professional. They know that they are helping patients in a very difficult time of their lives and treat them as such. They are also always there to celebrate "victories" no matter how small, with their patients.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is warm and welcoming. Their is privacy when you need it most, resources are available where you would hope to find them, and everyone is kind and friendly. Even the practice manager knows who I am and will come out to say hello and check on how I am doing.
I don't know off the top of my head.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
On our first visit we sat down and Dr Hunter went over our history in great detail and all previous information leading up to our visit. We decided that even though I had diminished ovarian reserve, I was still a candid to try monitor medicated timed intercourse with trigger shot. I was diagnosed with secondary infertility with diminished egg reserve. I went in for a baseline ultrasound before the third day of my cycle. I was then given the ok to start Fermara 5mg per day cycle days 3-5. I then was scheduled out to cycle day 10 to check for follicles. My first cycle produced two decent size follicles (both over 19) and was advised exactly what time to trigger and what days/nights to have intercourse. First cycle resulted in a negative test. My second cycle also resulted with two follicles over 19 and negative pregnancy tests. Third cycle I was upped to 10 mg Fermara cycle days 3-5. This cycle I was also given progesterone to use nightly starting two days after trigger shot. This cycle also resulted two follicles this time 20 and lining was good. This cycle also resulted in a negative test. Our fourth cycle was on track with the third cycle. At follicle check we were very surprised to see three follicles. Unfortunately, that cycle did not work. We are currently taking a break in hopes of saving money to start IVF.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Hunter was very informative in explaining my treatment plan in details that I was able to understand. He made sure that I understood what was going to happen during any procedures ahead of time and I was contacted with results as soon as they were available if I was not informed before leaving the procedure.
Don't be so nervous! He is very easy to talk to.
Dr Hunter was and has been the best doctor I have seen. He is very respectful of the situation at hand and goes to great links to make sure you understand your treatment plan. He gave me hope for my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Everyone has went out of their way to make sure my visits go as smoothly as possible. They always greet you with a friendly, caring smile.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
KFI is one of the newer facilities in our area. I love the staff! Angie and Stacy both rock! The facility is always so discrete and keep private matters private. The office is beautifully done and is conveniently located. Wait time is to a minimum and I have never felt like I was being rushed out.
Most of the diagnostic testing was covered under my insurance with the exception of my deductible. I was quoted $13K for IVF without medication.
Louisville
De Hunter was very kind and professional. His bed side manners are very great. He is very compassionate and caring as well as very punctual. He was willing to go over things that were confusing and called back always when i had questions via phone. He never gave up and always gave great suggestions and options for next treatments...e is very kind and very soft spoken and understanding. He would break down any treatment down to the day hour and minutes if i asked him so. He always called me when i would have questions via phone same day. If i ovulated on a Saturday he was in office to see me. He is very compassionate and great
He is very kind and very soft spoken and understanding. He would break down any treatment down to the day hour and minutes if i asked him so. He always called me when i would have questions via phone same day. If i ovulated on a Saturday he was in office to see me. He is very compassionate and great
You wont go wrong with having him as a doctor. He will go over and beyond your expectations. He is very professional and sweet
We first stated off with a soft approach and every cycle went with more medicine due to not getting pregnant. Once we were at max on famara we added injections with famara fir a couple months along with the trigger shot and insimination
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
She was always nice and explained what to expect alawys amsered questions or concerns and very compassionate
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very nice and new facility . They have minimal wait times. The front desk know every pstient by first name so it is a very personable experience. They have alot of onsite equipment that almost everything is done in the clinic. They are very clean and sanitary.
Louisville
He [Dr. Hunter] always remembers details of our specific treatments, and our names. He listens and answers all our questions and explains things without seeming rushed...The only time we haven't seen him is if we have to come in on a weekend. He explains all our options every visit and makes sure we know exactly what the plan is...We started out on the lowest dose of oral medications. As I didn't get results we would slowly increase the dose and monitor the results with ultrasound. When, on our 5th attempt with meds my fllicles stopped growing we opted for low dose injectable along with oral meds. Although we haven't had success with 3 iuis, I feel we just haven't had that lucky break yet.
Dr Hunter always greet us with a handshake and asks us about our lives since the last time he's seen us. He always asks if we have any questions or concerns. The only time we haven't seen him is if we have to come in on a weekend. He explains all our options every visit and makes sure we know exactly what the plan is.
Ask questions and be an advocate for yourself, Dr Hunter will always answer any questions honestly.
He always remembers details of our specific treatments, and our names. He listens and answers all our questions and explains things without seeming rushed.
We started out on the lowest dose of oral medications. As I didn't get results we would slowly increase the dose and monitor the results with ultrasound. When, on our 5th attempt with meds my fllicles stopped growing we opted for low dose injectable along with oral meds. Although we haven't had success with 3 iuis, I feel we just haven't had that lucky break yet. I don't think it is anything Dr Hunter could have changed or done differently.
They always answer questions and give instructions kindly. They are always very kind at the office and on the phone
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean and the staff is welcoming. They never answer the phone, but always get back with me the same day when I leave a message. I am very satisfied with the office.
Iui- 300 Hsg- 88 after insurance Trigger shot- 50 Letrozole- 30 Ultrasounds- 175 before insurance Initial lab testing- 2500 before insurance, 500 after
Na- have not done this yet
Louisville
Dr Hunter went above and beyond what I expected from him. Always explained things to me and even drew diagrams to make sure I understand the treatment plans. I had a say in what treatment we did as well... I always got to speak with him at every visit and he was always the one doing the exams and ultrasounds as well. I received test results the same day so there was less stress for me... He called to check in with me after I had my miscarriage and discussed all my options with me and helped me decide what to do from there.
I felt at home at their office. I always got to speak with him at every visit and he was always the one doing the exams and ultrasounds as well. I received test results the same day so there was less stress for me. He is always available if I had any questions. He called to check in with me after I had my miscarriage and discussed all my options with me and helped me decide what to do from there.
Make a list of questions that you have to make sure you get all of your answers. It overwhelming at first but he explains everything very well.
Dr Hunter went above and beyond what I expected from him. Always explained things to me and even drew diagrams to make sure I understand the treatment plans. I had a say in what treatment we did as well. Always asked me if I had any questions and answered them thoroughly. Didn't sugar coat things which I like as well.
Can't remember the protocol. I had monitoring every day to check follicle growth and meds were adjusted daily depending on growth and estrogen levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol and Stacy)
They were amazing and made sure I understood everything the dr had gone over with me. Carol set up my ivf protocol for me and showed me how to do my injections. They all remembered who I was at every visit and have been very personable.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
It's a new facility and very welcoming when you first arrive. Very clean and up to date.
My ultrasounds were 275 each before insurance and they have packages for iui and ivf. I think the no insurance price for ivf was 14,500
He recommends only one but we preferred to transfer both. He went over all the risks of doing two and we signed paperwork that we selected to transfer both.
Louisville
Dr. Hunter was matter-of-fact and didn't sugar coat our situation as we went along; however, he was empathetic and communicative.... He was persistent and adjusted protocol to our very specific and challenging situation. He was incredibly responsive to my need and desire to communication--so much that I would consider him someone that goes far above and beyond in terms of customer service and care.
I trusted and continue to trust the future of my family-building to this doctor. He was persistent and adjusted protocol to our very specific and challenging situation. He was incredibly responsive to my need and desire to communication--so much that I would consider him someone that goes far above and beyond in terms of customer service and care.
Don't hesitate to make the first appointment. At least find out how he may be able to help. It was the best thing I ever did.
Dr. Hunter was matter-of-fact and didn't sugar coat our situation as we went along; however, he was empathetic and communicative. We knew he truly cared about us.
2 rounds IUI on Femara with trigger shot. 1 round traditional IVF (injectables) with zero fertilization and rescue ICSI failure. 1 round SUCCESSFUL ICSI IVF (same protocol with different trigger shot) with Artificial Oocyte Activation.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very well maintained and staffed. Friendly and patient-centered. I found myself to be in true relationship with the staff and part of the KFI family. While you may not reach a person at the front desk at each phone call, you will receive calls back in very good time.
$550 for anesthesia for retrieval $12,500 up front costs of full IVF cycle Appx $4000 medication costs per IVF cycle $600 per IUI
Dr. Hunter explains the statistical reasoning behind all strategies, based on age, quality of embryo, etc. He is highly ethical and encourages eSET unless there are solid clinical grounds for doing otherwise. However, he will allow you to ultimately choose the number of transferred embryos (within his preset limits for your particular case).
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Of all the Doctors I have seen Dr. HUNTER is by far the most thorough. He was the only one to go over my low egg reserves number (which he was reading from other Doctors' reports) and he made sure I was physically ready for my first IUI. He successfully got me pregnant on the first try. AFTER 7 FAILED IUIS. Unfortunately it ended up as a tubal pregnancy, but I am thankful he was my Doctor and caught this in time. He has been so compassionate throughout tje process.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Email whenever you need.
Dr. HUNTER always explains things in great detail. The best part is he is always one email away. He answers emails in a timely manner and calls to discuss lab results and important information.
Chlomid. Trigger shot. IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Candy)
During my dye test Candy was so thoughtful and compassionate because she knew how nervous I was. She was very motherly towards me which was what I needed.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is warm and welcoming. The staff know you by name and greet you right away. They immediatly try to get you to a room. They also offer Saturday and Sunday visits which is nice in the fertility world. Weaknesses would only be sometimes they are busy, but that just means they are doing their job right.
500 for IUI
Louisville
I love Dr. Hunter. If not for his billing staff I would have never left. He explains everything very well, if it wasnt clear he gave you a paper with it all written down. I understood everything going on in my cycle.... From the moment you walk into the waiting room Angie knows who you are. The staff is so sweet and kind and usually quick with answers.
If you are going through IVF and your insurance has any coverage go ahead and run. Otherwise you will love Dr. Hunter.
The nurses were always quick to answer emails and phone calls. If you had a question you got it quickly resolved.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Billing. I was prepared to go through IVF. It took over a month to even get a total of how much it would cost. Then during that call the Billing specialist, Sasha said she was going to submit for a waiver to treat the lab as in network. 4 qqmonths later after MANY follow ups, and telling her we were just going to go elsewhere, she finally responds that as of 2 months ago they were no longer doing waivers. So I wanted 5 months of trying.
Billing was a nightmare. I got billed for things I have never been billed for (250 to thaw sperm?) And dealing with Sasha...
Louisville
Dr. Hunter is a great fertility doctor when t comes to Patient care. He is compassionate and he truly wants you to get pregnant!...email him with any questions- he will get in touch with you ASAP. Ask him the opinions he has for treatments and not based on your wants...Clomid and ovidrel for medicated IUI. Progesterone suppositories after treatment. Ovidrel for cyst removal...[Nursing Staff] They were not a huge part. Mostly in the room for Doctor hunter's needs.
He is very involved in treatment and is ready to help you in whatever way. He is willing to help you go as fast or slow in fertility treatment that you are ready for. He is super professional and knowledgeable.
Save your money for your services. Email him with any questions- he will get in touch with you ASAP. Ask him the opinions he has for treatments and not based on your wants.
They were not a huge part. Mostly in the room for Doctor hunter's needs. They are willing and able to answer any questions you have.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
It's a beautiful and up to date place. They have all the necessities for a fertility treatment facility. Great doctors and care. The secretary is on point knowing all the names of patients and being super helpful. Financial coordinators weren't great with helping insurance purposes.
It wasn't expensive but they tried to Get certain stuff covered by insurance.
Fertility and Endocrine Associates
Louisville
Dr. Hunter made efforts to not only help my wife and I conceive our first child, but he did so while advocating for our rights as a LGBTQ couple...Dr. Hunter was very prepared to assist us in anyway that he could if we had chose that route. He was also instrumental in taking time out of his already busy schedule to speak with our team concerning our alcase as well as to advocate on our behalf in conversations with the insurance company.
My wife and I have recently "graduated" from KFI and I must say that our experience with Dr. Hunter and his staff was incredible. Not only did Dr. Hunter take his time to make us feel at ease and help us conceive our first child, he also went above and beyond by advocating for our rights as a LGBTQ couple. We have loved our time at KFI and cannot wait to be back in December to introduce the team to our newest family member!
He will get you there.
Dr. Hunter made efforts to not only help my wife and I conceive our first child, but he did so while advocating for our rights as a LGBTQ couple. We battled with our insurance company over reciprocal IVF and although we chose to not pursue the case farther, Dr. Hunter was very prepared to assist us in anyway that he could if we had chose that route. He was also instrumental in taking time out of his already busy schedule to speak with our team concerning our alcase as well as to advocate on our behalf in conversations with the insurance company.
So helpful and great at putting my mind at ease
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They were friendly, efficient and personal
$1300 was our final bill
Louisville
He [Dr. Hunter] is clearly a very knowledgeable man on the subject of infertility and his passion for those struggling with it is very obvious. He is very detailed in his descriptions of everything that will going on or potentially going on. Took time to answer all of our questions no matter how bizarre they may have been...He took the time to get to know our specific situation and what are exact needs and expectations were...Don't be afraid to ask any questions or voice any concerns you may have, he will take care of whatever it is.
He is clearly a very knowledgeable man on the subject of infertility and his passion for those struggling with it is very obvious. He is very detailed in his descriptions of everything that will going on or potentially going on. Took time to answer all of our questions no matter how bizarre they may have been.
We are just now starting the actual IVF process. All I have done is an initial ultrasound and some labs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol and Sasha)
They have all been very informative and detailed in explaining each step along the way. They all also are very quick at getting back with you if you have any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Everything is all at one location. You dont have to go to a different location to get things done. It's a very clean and inviting facility.
$12,500 for basic package of doctor care. $4250 for genetic screening and between $3000-$7000 for drugs.
Depending on your age and specific circumstances surrounding your infertility Dr. Hunter will make the best suggestion. For us it will be multiple embryo transfer.
Louisville
Dr. Hunter was always honest with my husband and I about the process, and the emotional rollercoaster we may go through...gave us the best care. I know that he had our best interests in mind. He eased our worries and gave us clear explanations about our treatment. He was always willing to answer questions or address my concerns...the treatment or solution Dr. Hunter provides may not be an immediate fix. It may take time to see your results.
Dr. Hunter gave us the best care. I know that he had our best interests in mind. He eased our worries and gave us clear explanations about our treatment. He was always willing to answer questions or address my concerns.
To be patient the treatment or solution Dr. Hunter provides may not be an immediate fix. It may take time to see your results.
Not sure
Only intetacted with them for a short period of time. The nurses were always polite and helpful.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
When working with this clinic be patient, optimistic, and open-minded. Going through ferility treatment is rough and can require a lot of energy. So be willing to try different options and take the advice of the doctors.
Not sure varied throughout. Paid mostly for medication and ultra sounds.
Louisville
The care is very professional and they make you feel like that their only job is to get you pregnant although they have many other patients. I was really scared and upset at first but he [Dr. Robert Hunter] has eased that fear and made us hopeful... I'm starting clomid then will do an ultrasound and will take the injection drug for egg release...Great, personal care...Allow him to do his job. I'm one that likes to be in control of everything and this experience has made me realize I'm not always in control.
The care is very professional and they make you feel like that their only job is to get you pregnant although they have many other patients. I was really scared and upset at first but he has eased that fear and made us hopeful.
Great, personal care.
We are in the early processes. I'm starting clomid then will do an ultrasound and will take the injection drug for egg release.
The lady that took blood was awesome. She did great and I had very little pain. The nurse for my ultrasound was great too. She eased the nerves during the process.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very well designed state of the art. It is extremely clean.
Initial visit was $50. IUI procedure will be $350.
We haven't gotten that far yet.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Hunter is amazing. He tells me what plan he thinks is best but then always says that he is up for a discussion if I don't agree. Always asks if I have questions and address any concerns I may have. Dr Hunter went above and beyond explaining the risks for me and sent me to a high risk ob for consult...My first appoint with Dr Hunter was to get to know me, my story, my concerns, my experience. He listens and always asks if I have questions...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Immediately when walking in the door, Angie greets you by name. My first appoint with Dr Hunter was to get to know me, my story, my concerns, my experience. He listens and always asks if I have questions.
We used an antagonist protocol. I was on gonal F follistem and after the retrieval used Luton to rest my ovaries (birth control didn't do it for me) and then progesterone in oil, crinone and estrace
Carol is amazing. She replies to my emails quickly and always gives me the correct medicine/dosage in a calendar. My pharmacy is particularly hard to deal with and carol takes care of it every time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Hunter is wonderful! He has personally called me multiple times to explain all of my test/labs results, to explain everything to me in detail. He also has wonderful bedside manner and will take his time and answer all of your questions completely. YOu can tell he genuinely cares about you!...I emailed him at night once and he called me back immediately when he wasn't even in the office. He went above and beyond to help us. He genuinely cares about you and your family! Could not recommend him more!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He personally calls you to go over test results and takes the time to explain every thing to you. I emailed him at night once and he called me back immediately when he wasn't even in the office. He went above and beyond to help us. He genuinely cares about you and your family! Could not recommend him more!
You're in great hands!!!
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They are extremely organized! They always call you back immediately. The office it self is very clean. Everyone goes out of their way to answer your questions, and are all so friendly!