Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolAUC School of Med.
ResidencyStaten Island U.
FellowshipU. of Louisville
4612 Chamberlain Ln
Louisville, KY 40241
502-996-4480
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert K. Hunter II to a friend?
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kentucky Fertility Institute to a friend?
He [Dr. Hunter] is easy to get in touch with regarding prescription refills, next steps etc. you don’t have to go into the office everytime you want to talk to him about small things like side effects, etc....He is easy to talk to and always available through email if you have any questions or concerns. He basically has told me that the ball is in my court and we can move on to the next step to be more aggressive whenever I want to.
How was your experience with Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Everyone says he is socially awkward. He is not bad, sometimes blunt, but I like that because I work in healthcare. He is easy to talk to and always available through email if you have any questions or concerns. He basically has told me that the ball is in my court and we can move on to the next step to be more aggressive whenever I want to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Go into your appointment with all your cycle info, symptoms you have monthly, etc. good to be prepared and to tell him everything so you don’t forget.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
He is easy to get in touch with regarding prescription refills, next steps etc. you don’t have to go into the office everytime you want to talk to him about small things like side effects, etc.
Describe the protocols Robert K. Hunter II used in your cycles at Kentucky Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My husband and I have been trying for over a year now. We have lost two, about 10 months in between. We had a workup done on both and nothing is wrong of course. I was told I’m just an unlucky healthy 28 year old. We are still having trouble getting pregnant again. We had an shg done and everything looked fine. I was put on progesterone and baby aspirin for a few months and now we are trying Femara, this month is our second on Femara. Our next step will be injections and tracking ovulation through ultrasound. Will probably do that within the next few months if we don’t get BFP.
Nice and patient
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very clean and organized. One of the most popular clinics in town, so trying to get an initial appointment is hard. I made one in July and got an appt for October, so don’t plan on getting in right away. Once you have your initial appt, everything happens quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
My insurance covered more than I thought. My initial appt after insurance was about $100. My initial blood work up, which included 16 vials was only about $230 after insurance. Couldn’t tell you about the pricing on the other procedures yet.
Describe Robert K. Hunter II's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert K. Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute.

He [Dr. Robert Hunter] recommend single embryo transfer with my age and I was ok with that... is very smart and very passionate about what he does. He never makes you feel rushed and will always answer any questions you have. He also will give you his personal email for anytime you have questions and will respond within 24 hours. I’m so thankful I found him and he took me on as a patient. I always felt super comfortable...He is not the type to hold your hand and cry but he is very knowledgeable and wants to help you succeed and I appreciate that.
Dr Hunter is very smart and very passionate about what he does. He never makes you feel rushed and will always answer any questions you have. He also will give you his personal email for anytime you have questions and will respond within 24 hours. I’m so thankful I found him and he took me on as a patient. I always felt super comfortable.
Dr hunter is great! He is not the type to hold your hand and cry but he is very knowledgeable and wants to help you succeed and I appreciate that.
Dr Hunter always made me feel like a person who cared about. In the beginning of my IVF cycle I was waiting to receive 2 checks from my husbands and mine 401k plan to start the treatment. I was told it needed to be paid in full before treatment started. I did have an appointment for a Monday and on Saturday the mail was delayed and the check was not going to be delivered until Monday. I didn’t want to show up empty handed so I emailed Dr Hunter to cancel. He then wrote me back saying this did not need to interrupt my care and to kee my appointment. I knew then he truly cared about me.
After several years of secondary infertility I met with Dr Hunter after his partner Dr Justice left so he could take on my care. I was not sold on IvF but I was tired of being let down. He did not push me into IVf and said we could try some more IUI’s but my chances were higher with IVF. I took his advice and am currently waiting to see if my first IVf worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol, Candi )
Carol is great! She is always available to answer questions and will hold your hand and hug you through all of this! Candi is wonderful to! They always keep a great attitude! I am happy with all the staff! From nurses to phlebotomists Kathy!
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I have nothing but positive things to say! Everyone is amazing! They know me as soon as I arrive and treat me like family. The office has recently been through some different management and it was rocky at first while they figured things out but everything with my treatment went smoothly and I know they are on the upswing of things.
The cost of Iva is 13,500
He recommend single embryo transfer with my age and I was ok with that

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Robert Hunter] went above and beyond as a doctor and we trust him wholeheartedly. We would highly recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatments... He is extremely knowledgeable, open-minded and is one of those rare doctors that takes time with each patient. I always felt reassured when I left the office because he took the time to answer my questions thoroughly...We were successful on our very first IVF cycle... treated me like a human, not just a patient.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Hunter treated me like a human, not just a patient. He was understanding of our concerns and addressed all of them with patience and honesty. When I had a small reaction to the anesthesia (not the clinic’s nor Dr Hunter’s fault at all) he saw me right away and even called me at home that night to check on me. He went above and beyond as a doctor and we trust him wholeheartedly. We would highly recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatments.
Do your research and speak up at appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable, open-minded and is one of those rare doctors that takes time with each patient. I always felt reassured when I left the office because he took the time to answer my questions thoroughly.
Dr Hunter was patient, kind and thorough at every appointment from the very beginning. We never felt rushed through any appointments and he always answered our questions honestly and concisely.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS, but neither were so severe that they should have prevented a natural pregnancy so we were put in the “unexplained” category. Previous doctors put us through unsuccessful and possibly unnecessary treatments. Dr Hunter was honest from the very beginning and explained that IVF would be our best option, being one of the most direct approaches when battling unexplained infertility. We were successful on our very first IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
Everyone at KFI was kind, compassionate and felt like family by the time we left. Some of our appointments were more nerve wracking than others and they were quick to offer comforting words, hugs and hands to hold when I needed them. They were prompt in responding to questions via phone/email and very thorough with explanations of treatment plans, directions for medications, etc. We loved the staff at KFI and will always remember how much they helped us.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Not to sound like a broken record, but they go above and beyond! They always answered our questions, calmed our nerves and even knew us by name when we walked in the door. When we had a complication early in our pregnancy, Carol came in early on a Sunday morning with the on-call doctor to do an ultrasound and reassure us that they baby was fine.

Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
My protocol never really changed even though I was seeing horrible results. ... I like him [Dr. Hunter] as a person and I feel he is knowledgeable but he was not the right fit for me. ... It was like I was given a cookie cutter approach that is used for everyone and there was a lot of reluctance to do something different for me. ... I think he had the best intentions for me but he was very reluctant to try anything different and when I suggested various things that I thought could possibly help me he would always say research shows that wont help, I dont think it would benefit you and so on.
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
I like him as a person and I feel he is knowledgeable but he was not the right fit for me. I trusted that he would be able to help me so I stayed through 3 cycles. I should have left earlier. I think he had the best intentions for me but he was very reluctant to try anything different and when I suggested various things that I thought could possibly help me he would always say research shows that wont help, I dont think it would benefit you and so on. It was like I was given a cookie cutter approach that is used for everyone and there was a lot of reluctance to do something different for me.
Ask a lot of questions.
Dr Hunter is very respectful. He is a bit dry at times and doesnt show compassion like some of the other doctors I have seen. He is more clinical but he is very kind.
All three of my cycle protocols were EXACTLY the same pretty much. 150iu gonal, 150iu menopur every single cycle. The last cycle we did add HGH and ICSI and it actually was my worst cycle of all. I asked for a lower dose as I am a high responder which was met with some unwillingness to try that kind of protocol. I have retrieved about 75 eggs in my 3 cycles and have basically nothing to show for it. I was told that my eggs are of poor quality and I was given an option to try an egg donor next. I have since moved on to another RE who has told me I was overstimulated every cycle which could have made my egg quality greatly suffer and he wants my medicine cut in half. He said less eggs and higher quality is what we want. He basically disagreed with everything that Dr Hunter did for me which was very upsetting but I feel I am in the right place now.
The nursing staff at KFI are wonderful though. Candy and Carol are godsends. I absolutely loved them and I miss them. I have moved on to another clinic now since KFI couldnt help me but I wish I couldve taken the nurses with me.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The billing department is a nightmare. HORRIBLE. I have been overbilled numerous times. The communication from billing is a joke. I was grossly underquoted a number of times then told I had to pay like 3k more than my quote before theyd allow me to continue with treatment. I have had to pull ledgers and go through it with a fine tooth comb numerous times. The nurse staff is fantastic though and they are so compassionate. I absolutely loved them and miss them. There are a good number of patients who see success at KFI but I was not one of them. My protocol never really changed even though I was seeing horrible results. I have since left for another RE.
This clinic is not cheap. 4500 for FET, like 13-14k for retrieval cycle not including your meds. I have since moved on to IRH where IVF cycle with fresh transfer is 8200
I transferred one embryo with both of my FETs but after one failed FET I was given the option to transfer 2 on my second FET. I still chose to transfer one because I had a limited number of embryos.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter takes the time to listen and thoroughly answer questions. He is direct with expectations but tempered with compassion. You feel totally in control throughout the process, just with a really smart guide to help plot your course... Initially the treatment strategy was just to induce ovulation (I didn’t have regular cycles) and pair it with timed intercourse since my husband had no issues with sperm. We failed to get a positive result and in between cycles ended up with a large ovarian cyst that needed to be removed which was done so quickly and fairly easily with no complications via laparoscopic surgery by Dr. Hunter. Prior to the rounds of clomid and femara I underwent an HSG to make sure my tubes were clear and also had a polyp removed from my uterus. After the failed rounds of clomid and femara and cyst we decided to move on to IVF because I was nervous about more cysts recquiring surgery. We did an egg retrieval after a fairly aggressive stims cycle and planned for a frozen transfer of a day 5 embryo. We opted for frozen versus fresh cycle because of my age I was more at risk to be a high responder and develop OHSS. We retrieved 14 eggs and ended up with 3 day 5 embryos (2aa grade). We did two frozen transfers 1 resulting in a negative test and another where we transferred the remaining two and one implanted but didn’t make it past 6 weeks. We are now considering another round of IVF with PGS testing to ensure we have quality embryos and are doing a saline ultrasound to make sure my uterus still looks clean.
Come with questions and listen to your gut.
Calls you directly to discuss results, quick to respond to email questions, personalized care, etc
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol Powers)
Carol is everything you need in an ivf care coordinator— efficient, warm and compassionate, encouraging and an amazing advocate and cheerleader.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. We have rarely ever had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to go back for labs or ultrasound or to see the doctor. Overall it is a very nice facility and easy to navigate and get to.
PGS was outsourced and runs about $5k A full IVF cycle— egg retrieval + fresh embryo transfer and all the monitoring, blood tests, labs, etc out of pocket is about $13k and split between the lab and the KY fertility institute. Plus and additional $600 for anesthesia for egg retrieval. A FET is about $4,500 Medication for an IVF cycle runs between $3,800 and 6k and is not included in the package price of 13k
To my knowledge KY Fertility Institute has never had a case of multiple gestation more than twins and would prefer to keep it that way. Their goal is a safe and healthy pregnancy, which generally means one. They present all the facts and figures and in most cases recommend a single embryo transfer but in certain cases will support transferring two as we did for our last frozen embryo transfer.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter is very knowledgeable in this field. He truly cares about his patients and wants success for each one of us. He takes time after each ultrasound or procedure to review results, come up with a plan, fill prescriptions, and then writes everything down for his patients. He is very organized, honest, optimistic yet realistic, and thorough.
He is direct. He is not going to fluff up the facts in efforts to minimize the situation. I appreciate that about him. This is a stressful time in many people's lives and he doesn't mess around with that.
Dr. Hunter has been very compassionate and understanding throughout this process. He has answered all of our questions, no matter how big or small. He fully explains treatment options and recommendations that are realistic and individualized for our situation.
When my husband and I started trying to get pregnant, my OB/GYN started me on 2.5 mg letrozole daily. After 5 rounds of that without success, we met with Dr. Hunter. He told me that was a "baby dose" and that we needed to make some significant changes. I did 3 rounds of 7.5 mg letrozole daily with ovidrel, 200 mg of progesterone, and various amounts of estrogen. After my first ultrasound, it was evident that my uterine lining was not thick enough, so the next month he started me on an estrogen regimen. After that was unsuccessful, he increased the estrogen to a pill and patch. After 3 months without a pregnancy and having a thin uterine lining despite 2 forms of estrogen, we discussed a hysteroscopy. I had that procedure done in May and recovered in June. During the month of July, we tried clomid. I did not respond as well to this medication, so for the next cycle, I went back to letrozole, estrogen, ovidrel, progesterone. When that was unsuccessful, we did our final round of letrozole, estrogen, gonal-f injections, ovidrel, and progesterone. At this point, after much discussion with Dr. Hunter, we decided that IVF was the next step. I am currently on birth control pills in preparation for IVF.
The nurses are always present during ultrasounds and procedures to assist in any way that they can. They are very friendly and supportive. During my hysteroscopy, the nurse stayed by my head the entire time, explaining what was happening and what I could expect. That meant a lot to me and made me feel more comfortable, since I was awake during the procedure.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very updated, clean, and all-inclusive. They are able to do all of the appointments, consultations, ultrasounds, and procedures in the office. The staff knows each patient by name when they walk in the front door. The only problem I have faced is regarding the financial department getting me a quote for IVF. However, once I bought it to the attention of the iVF nurse coordinator, I got a call from the financial office within 2 days.
Each ultrasound is $170 (I've had 7). Regarding lab work, the cost is around $200 for my husband and me. My insurance does not cover fertility treatments. I do not have a final bill for the hysteroscopy. However, my medications are somewhat covered by prescription insurance, so that has helped some with the cost of those which totals around $400.
When we met with Dr. Hunter to discuss our IVF journey, he gave us a lot of information and statistics based on age ranges and medical conditions. For my age group, he recommends transferring one embryo but will transfer up to 2 embryos if the patient requests.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
We absolutely loved Dr. Hunter. He took his time to review all of our information prior to meeting with us. He was very up front and prepared with all the information regarding us trying another IVF cycle. I am personally employed in women's health and not once did I feel like Dr. Hunter assumed I already knew something. He treated me with the utmost respect and explained everything as though it was the 1st time we had gone though treatments. He was always available and quickly returned after hours calls. He is a fantastic doctor and I would and even have referred one of my good friends to. If in the future my husband and I decide to further expand our family we will most definitely being going back to see Dr. Hunter.
As lots of questions and be involved in your care. Dr. Hunter is very knowledgeable in his field and can answer all questions.
After coming from a different office that resulted in a failed IVF cycle, Dr. Hunter made sure to make us feel confident in trying again to achieve our dream of starting a family. He presented us with all the information, talked to us specifically about our situation and was always available to conference with if any new questions arose. He made us feel very welcome at his practice and comfortable with our decision to try again after a failed cycle.
We did a IVF cycle. It started with a sperm retrieval from my husband due to make infertility factor. The retrieval was done through a local urologist. Next we did a follicle stimulation cycle for me. This included 8 days of stimulation drugs with frequent ultrasounds to measure follicle growth. After the stimulation 7 eggs were retrieved, fertilized with my husband's sperm and incubated to grow for up to 6 days. We got daily calls with updates on the embryos progress. In the end we had 2 embryos that made it to the blast stage and were frozen. Next we waited to get my hormones and uterus regulated and in optimal condition to accept the frozen embryos. We then had both embryos transferred and followed up I believe a week later for a blood pregnancy test which was positive! We are now expecting twins due Nov 2018!
The nurse coordinator was more involved in my care behind the scene. She would send me email updates with lab results and medication changes. She also scheduled all of my follow up appointments based on what we needed to do next in the process. I didn't speak with her much in person, but when I did she was very helpful
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
This is a very strong practice that is up and coming. They really have it all in 1 place. Male and female infertility testing, lab, diagnostics, embryology lab, frozen storage, just everything. It is nice and gives you peace of mind knowing everything is in 1 place
The total cost for retrievals, medications and transfers we spent around $15,000. This office accepts insurance and did file claims for consolations and some lab work with insurance. Many other procedures in IVF an non covered by insurance. They offered a military discount to us since my husband is active duty. They also had financing options as well as medication discount plans that were very beneficial in reducing costs on some of the high priced stimulation drugs.
Dr. Hunter recommended that we only transfer 1 of our 2 embryos, but after discussing with him the fact that we already had 1 failed cycle and only 2 embryos we all agreed that transferring 2 would be a good option for us. We did discuss all of the risks associated with a possible multiple order pregnancy resulting from this transfer and felt comfortable with our decision.
Louisville

I have had to go in for weekend appointments [with Dr. Hunter]. He has never seemed bothered by me bothering him on weekends. He is always patient and kind. He always asks if I have any questions or concerns to ensure that we are all on the same page. And, on more than one occasion he has offered to meet with me in his office to discuss future treatment...very understanding and will not continue to do treatments that aren’t working. He will make appropriate changes to the plan of care to help reach the final goal of pregnancy.
Dr Hunter is always available when I need to get in to see him. I have had to call the weekend on call team more than once and I have had to go in for weekend appointments. He has never seemed bothered by me bothering him on weekends. He is always patient and kind. He always asks if I have any questions or concerns to ensure that we are all on the same page. And, on more than one occasion he has offered to meet with me in his office to discuss future treatment.
Dr Hunter is very understanding and will not continue to do treatments that aren’t working. He will make appropriate changes to the plan of care to help reach the final goal of pregnancy.
I feel like Dr Hunter and his staff really care about me. Everyone in the office is kind and every time I’m in for an appointment or procedure I feel as if I were to want to discuss where I am in my treatment or make any changes it would be welcome.
My infertility is unexplained as no diagnosis could be found with either myself or my husband. My only issue was a short luteal phase. Dr Hunter felt that I would respond better with letrozole as opposed to clomid. We did 4 timed intercourse attempts with letrozole, ovidrel trigger shot for ovulation, and progesterone suppositories after ovulation. When those attempts failed we moved on to iui. Same medications, but iui as opposed to timed intercourse. I’ve now had 4 iui’s and am a week away from finding out if the 4th time was the charm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Nursing is very caring and understanding. Whenever I have had to leave messages for nursing staff to inquire about my care they are always prompt to respond and willing to answer any questions or address any concerns.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. They are also very prompt with care as I have rarely had to wait long to be called back for an appointment. After a couple visits the staff knew me by name when I would arrive for an appointment, giving that extra personal feel.
IUI’s have been $500 per attempt. Monthly ultrasounds to assess follicle growth have sometimes been covered by insurance, but not always. When I have done self pay for those, they have been $175. Other than that, I have just had to pay prescription co pays for my medications.
Louisville

He takes a lot of time to explain his treatment plan to make sure you understand everything. He always asks if you have questions and will take as much time as needed to answer your questions. I have emailed him directly on one occasion and he responded within 2 minutes, which was incredibly impressive.... Dr. Hunter has been very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Sometimes his answers are too long and I'm worried to ask additional questions, as the visit may take longer than I have time for.
I'm currently still in treatment, so I can't give too many specifics. However, so far Dr. Hunter has been very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Sometimes his answers are too long and I'm worried to ask additional questions, as the visit may take longer than I have time for. He is very thorough. I have confidence I will be successful with Dr. Hunter
Be patient with the process because Dr. Hunter will not rush anything. (The treatment plan, the visits, the start of IVF, etc).
He takes a lot of time to explain his treatment plan to make sure you understand everything. He always asks if you have questions and will take as much time as needed to answer your questions. I have emailed him directly on one occasion and he responded within 2 minutes, which was incredibly impressive. There are only two doctors at the practice, but one is always on call and will answer phone calls to ensure you get the answers you need.
I am at the beginning of treatment, but so far, the nurse has been very responsive to emails/phone calls. She is organized and made sure I understood the injection calendar.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The wait time at this clinic is outrageous. Every visit I have been to so far (approx 6) I have waited 30 min in the waiting room. I have started showing up 15 min late for appointments so I only have to wait 15 min. The scheduling should be adjusted so patients are not scheduled so close together to correct this wait time. Dr. Hunter is very thorough and takes the time to answer all your questions, which I appreciate, but this should be taken into consideration when scheduling patients.
With my insurance, one round of IVF was approx $3,500, plus prescription meds, which is much more expensive than when I saw a doctor in a neighboring state.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr Hunter has always given a very clear outlook on what the plan was and what to expect. He has done everything he can to put our minds at ease and prepare us for treatment. His accessibility and casual yet perfessional demeanor puts him above all others on our list... Dr Hunter is always available and has done many after hours calls and emails. He makes the process so much less stressful.... My wife and I feel like the priority every time we walk in the door at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
Have a good list of questions and concerns. I would take notes as he will give a great deal of insight. He will always be available and is very much a man of his word
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
Dr Hunter and his team make you feel like family. They answer questions give great guidance for you and not to make a dollar. Dr Hunter is always available and has done many after hours calls and emails. He makes the process so much less stressful. The team at Kentucky Fertility is above and beyond what any customer based business should be. My wife and I feel like the priority every time we walk in the door at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Describe the protocols Robert K. Hunter II used in your cycles at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare and their degree of success.
We used a standard IVF protocol. Dr Hunter, Nurse Powers and Dr Christiansen worked to get a schedule that work for use and a variety of pharmacys to get use the best deal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare. (Assigned nurse: Carol Power)
Carol is like that family friend you always called aunt Carol. She is so great and puts us first and is very personable
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Overall Kentucky Fertility Treatment is a great facility and has excellent customer service. The only weakness is the task of getting a phone call answered but they always use their system to give a quick return call
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Kentucky Fertility Institute work very well to meet our financial needs. They presxreenwd our insurance and worked through our options
Describe Robert K. Hunter II's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Dr Hunter explained with our age and health single transfer would give us the best results
University of Louisville Women's Healthcare
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert K. Hunter II at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.

My experience with Dr. Hunter began with a consultation and a review of my reproductive/gynecological history to date. From there, we scheduled an hsg test, followed by a monthly drug regimen. Dr. Hunter is great at answering questions, showed compassion regarding the ectopic pregnancy I experience before beginning treatments with his office, and makes himself as available as possible to his patients.... I take Ovidrel on days 3 through 7 of my cycle.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. While he tries to be thorough, there can be a lot to cover during any given appointment. He is also great with email follow-up if you think of questions after your appointment.
At Kentucky Fertility Institute, I am greeted by name when I walk through the door. The nurses and Dr. Hunter are incredibly kind, patient, and supportive. I feel listened to, and I feel they go above and beyond to answer my questions and address my concerns.
I am still in treatment with Dr. Hunter. During any given cycle, I take Ovidrel on days 3 through 7 of my cycle. I go in for an ultrasound between days 11 and 13, followed by a trigger shot and a daily dose of Progesterone for the next two weeks or until the start of my next cycle. The rationale for this treatment is based on other testing I've had done - my hsg was normal, my thyroid levels are normal, my testosterone levels are a bit high, etc. I'd also noticed that I tend to ovulate a bit late in my cycle naturally. My husband also had a sperm analysis, which came back normal as well.
The nursing staff are incredibly kind, friendly, and compassionate. They are also knowledgeable and helpful with questions.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. The administrative side of the clinic is usually efficient, and I've never had issues scheduling an appointment. The only downside for me is their location (not exactly close to my home or office), but the clinic's pros far outweigh this minor inconvenience.
Ultrasounds are $175. Total cost of medications per month is about $110 - $115, with the trigger shot being the most expensive (about $80 per shot). We are considering IUI as our next step; the office quoted this treatment at $500 per cycle.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Hunter is patient and calmly answers all questions we have. He explains treatment options and potential risks. He is very easy to get in touch with and Is personable and supportive. He answers after hours when needed.... I came to the clinic with pcos and past treatment of clomid and Letrozole. Because I was unsure if I ever ovulated in the past (unable to be sure by home tests), it was decided we would do Letrozole with trigger shots and monitored ovulation and timed intercourse.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I would say come ready with you questions and he will be happy to answer them and to explain the process of treatment. I would suggest asking for details of bloodwork.
Dr Hunter treated my husband and I like humans. He is very personable, explains everything thoroughly and answers all our questions in a respectful and understanding manner.
I came to the clinic with pcos and past treatment of clomid and Letrozole. Because I was unsure if I ever ovulated in the past (unable to be sure by home tests), it was decided we would do Letrozole with trigger shots and monitored ovulation and timed intercourse. First a hystroscopy was completed due to past hyperplasia. Then I came in monthly to get ultrasounds to check my lining and follicles before taking the trigger shot. After 5 to 6 months of negative pregnancy tests, I did a HSG test. It showed that I had both follopian tubes blocked from the center out. It was recommend that our current treatment stop and we move either to IVF or laparoscopy surgery. We plan to move to IVF soon
The nursing staff at KFI are very compassionate. They are personable and answer questions.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
KFI is great. Everyone at the clinic is caring and kind. They always remember my name and give great, personalized care. Angie at the front desk is always great and is discreet and kind about any billing or Lyme my needed. All the staff put the patients first
My consultation was free. I had a hysteopscopy and D&C so I owed for that to hit my insurance deductible. I paid for bloodwork. I paid what my insurance didn’t cover for ultrasounds and HSG. I paid out of pocket for trigger shot each month and paid copay for Letrozole
Have not experienced that yet

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
When I first met with Dr Hunter I was relieved to know that someone truly cared about what I was going through and took me seriously. He was great at spending time to understand my particular situation and what my overall goals are.... He responds very quickly to messages and will even call after hours if needed to make sure that I am not having to wait on test results any longer than I have to.... I was diagnosed with endometriosis by my obgyn and after 6 months of being unable to conceive
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
When I first met with Dr Hunter I was relieved to know that someone truly cared about what I was going through and took me seriously. He was great at spending time to understand my particular situation and what my overall goals are. He always fully explains all options and does not push me towards one or another. He explains risks and benefits of all options and allows me and my husband to make the choice on what works best for us. He is great about giving honest, direct feedback and suggestions. Some may see his directness as a negative; however, I appreciate that he does not try to sugar coat anything or give false hope. He is very knowledgeable about success rates and how each treatment is likely to respond to our particular situation. He responds very quickly to messages and will even call after hours if needed to make sure that I am not having to wait on test results any longer than I have to. So to sum up our journey so far....I was diagnosed with endometriosis by my obgyn and after 6 months of being unable to conceive, I decided to meet with Dr Hunter for a consultation. He immediately took all of my concerns into consideration. He began with lab work and a HSG. The lab work revealed some thyroid and vitamin imbalances that were easily treated as well as some genetic conditions that I was a carrier of. He thoroughly explained what each condition was, the prevalence of it, and what our odds were of passing it on to our child. He discussed this is great detail until we felt comfortable. In trying to do the HSG he discovered that I had cervical stenosis from scar tissue and he was not able to advance the catheter all the way through my cervix to perform the procedure. We then decided to proceed with a hysteroscopy to clear the scar tissue and examine the inside of my uterus. The procedure went well and we felt ready to move forward. Initially my husband also had a semen analysis done which showed poor sperm parameters across the board. It was repeated a couple months later and again it was poor. We decided to proceed with low dose Clomid and an IUI to see what would happen. When I went in for my follicle scan before the IUI we discovered that my body responded too well to the clomid (producing 6-8 mature follicles) and our IUI was cancelled for fear of multiple follicles being fertilized. He then switched me to low dose Letrozole. We had a much more controlled outcome with that, only 2 mature follicles. This time we decided to use the trigger shot Ovidrel to trigger ovulation. When we went to have the IUI done a few days later, my husbands sperm count was once again low and all parameters poor. We proceeded anyway after being cautioned by Dr Hunter that the chances of success were poor. We were unsuccessful and at that point we were referred to a reproductive urologist for my husband to be evaluated further. It was discovered that he has varicoceles and the doctor placed him on FertilAid vitamins to see if there were any improvements. About a month or two later, we decided to try to Letrozole and IUI again. Again I produced 2 mature follicles. I used ovulation test strips, ovulated on my own and when we went for our IUI we were surprised to find that his sperm count had improved significantly to 13 million. We were hopeful but unfortunately this too was unsuccessful. We decided to take a few months off from fertility treatments and are now currently working with Dr Hunter to determine what the best next step is for us as I feel as though my endometriosis has gotten worse due to spotting before starting my period and very painful ovulation. He validated my concerns and discussed multiple options for us. He explained why each once is reasonable and also the cons for each one. My husband and I are now currently discussing what we feel is best. He has been so great throughout this whole process and is very understanding of our concerns. He is very positive about our situation while maintaining realistic goals and expectations. I am so pleased by our care so far with Dr Hunter and would certinatly recommend him to anyone experiencing fertility related issues.
Keep an open mind. Dr Hunter is great about giving multiple options about treatments, testing, surgeries, etc and talking you through them step by step. There are things that I never thought would have been a part of my journey but after hearing the risks and benefits and all my options, I have learned that this process has a lot of ups and downs and a lot of surprises so be prepared to stand up for what you want, trust your doctor, but keep an open mind as well because there are things throughout this journey that you don’t consider or you need to think about it a different way and Dr Hunter is great at facilitating that.
From the moment I walked in to the office, I was greeted by name and with a smile and made to feel very welcomed. Dr. Hunter refers to both me and my husband by name (rather than just “your husband”) and always greets us with a hand shake. He remembers details such as treatment/outcomes that we have had in the past and what I do for a living. It is very refreshing to feel like the staff in general truly care about you as a person and not just you as the patient.
The plan for my first treatment cycle was the lowest dose clomid to help produce more mature follicles with a trigger ovulation shot (Ovidrel) and IUI. When I went for my pre-IUI ultrasound, I had produced 6-8 mature follicles and the IUI was cancelled for fear of fertilizing multiple follicles. I was then switched to the lowest does Letrozole to try to control my ovaries’ response. I went in for a follicle scan and had produced 2 mature follicles but they were still a little small so a few days later we repeated the scan and it was determined that they were large enough to use the ovulation trigger shot and proceed with IUI a couple days later. When we went in for our IUI, my husband’s sperm parameters were very poor but we proceeded anyway although Dr Hunter cautioned us of the likely negative outcome. Unfortunately we were not successful and after seeking treatment for my husband’s low sperm count we decided to do the Letrozole and IUI again. This time at my follicle scan I had 2 mature follicles again and was told when to take my trigger shot unless I got a positive ovulation test before then which I did. So we did the IUI the next day with significantly improved sperm count and motility. We were able to use 13 million compared to the previous 1 million in our previous cycle. Unfortunately that cycle was unsuccessful as well and we are currently in the process of deciding how we want to proceed for our next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacey Nalley)
Stacey has welcomed me at every appointment with the exception of one. She is the one who always takes me to my room and assists Dr Hunter or is present with him during exams. She is always smiling and has such a positive attitude. She remembers little details about me such as if I do something different with my hair or asks how school is going. That makes me feel like she truly cares about me as a person. She cheers me on, comforts me, and provides tissues when I need them. I appreciate all that she does and I think she is a great partner to Dr Hunter.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I have enjoyed every aspect of this clinic. The front desk coordinator Angie is so positive and helpful. She is always smiling and is very knowledgeable. The staff as a whole are all so friendly and welcoming, always smiling, and calling me by name as soon as I walk through the door. The facility is clean, quiet, comforting, and you can tell the equipment is state of the art. I like that Dr Hunter meets with me in his office when we need to have a lengthy conversation instead of in an exam room. The staff is great at respecting privacy. They offer free coffee and drinks in the waiting room which sometimes is the little pick-me-up that you need. I appreciate how organized they are and how everything seems to run smoothly. Overall I am very pleased with KFI.
Unfortunately my insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatments or appointments and only some medications. The Clomid and Letrozole were covered by insurance costing about $10 for each. Each IUI cost about $500 excluding medications and follicle scans. The trigger shot costs roughly $140. The hysteroscopy procedure costed about $900. I believe the semen analysis costs somewhere between $100-150. Once all this was paid for I believe I owe somewhere between $1200-2000 out of pocket for visits and ultrasounds.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter explained our options really clearly. He was very easy to reach with questions and gave honest, direct answers. He made my husband and me feel like we made the best choice in working with him... He gave me clear options. He made us feel so at ease. He greeted me with a handshake at the start of each appointment. He always closed with a meeting in his office to answer any questions. He made you feel like he was really available for discussing next steps and questions. He always returned phone calls, never leaving that up to his staff.
Dr. Hunter understood my previous negative experiences with the other clinic and he completely changed my opinion of the process. He gave me clear options. He made us feel so at ease. He greeted me with a handshake at the start of each appointment. He always closed with a meeting in his office to answer any questions. He made you feel like he was really available for discussing next steps and questions. He always returned phone calls, never leaving that up to his staff.
Don't give up. He will explain your options and you should discuss with him what could work best for your situation. Don't go in assuming what you've been told before is what is best.
We used Clomid, opposed to Letrozole b/c he felt like that would be ideal for my case. I had been on Letrozole with former clinic. I came in for follicle ultrasound and he chose to wait an extra day for my IUI in order to grow more follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
I loved Stacy! She is so warm and makes you feel so relaxed. She remembers things about who you are as a person which always makes you feel like a "human" and "not a number". I loved that Stacy was always with Dr. Hunter, I felt like both were a steady presence during this journey.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Convenient location, clean, modern, wonderful amenities like good reading materials, beverages, etc.. You are almost always greeted by name and if they were delayed you were alerted to this. They were all so friendly.
$500 for IUI, $125-$150 for Semen Analysis, $150 for Ulrasound

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hunter was very specific to the unique needs of my fertility issues and took into account my personal preferences... He made sure I understood the background of the infertility that I had experienced and what to expect during the treatment course. I completed a full tube removal performed by Dr. Hunter due to bilateral hydrosalpinx. Dr. Hunter was always available if I ever had questions or concerns...First, I had a laparotomy to remove my fallopian tubes, which were filled with fluid and would cause normal fertilization or IVF to be unsuccessful. After tube removal, I completed a course of stimulation medications to prepare for egg retrieval. I used a combination of the following medications: Menopur, Gonal F, Leuprolide and Ovidrel, with higher doses for my egg stimulation as I had a low ovarian reserve.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hunter was very thorough in explaining my particular situation and what options were available for me. He made sure I understood the background of the infertility that I had experienced and what to expect during the treatment course. I completed a full tube removal performed by Dr. Hunter due to bilateral hydrosalpinx. Dr. Hunter was always available if I ever had questions or concerns.
Provide a full medical history to Dr. Hunter, and be sure to ask any questions you may have.
Carol started out sympathetic and took her time when I had questions during egg stimulation treatment. Carol did not seem to have a full understanding of the amount of medications I had for egg retrieval, which put me in a tough situation when I had to order additional medicine at the last minute during stimulation. She was also difficult to get ahold of toward the end of stimulation.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is new and has a great set up. What they don't tell you is that while the doctor may be covered by your insurance, they use their own facility which may not (and in my case was not) covered under insurance. The payment process was not clear, and many "surprise" costs showed up once the egg retrieval was complete.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I did not have much choice on the time my monitoring appointments were scheduled. Some were quick, and some took much longer. There did not seem to be an excessive amount of patients waiting at any given time I was in the clinic.
Medications were approximately $10,000, additional fees including monitoring, egg retrieval, labs, anesthesia, etc. totaled around $3,000-$5,000
Louisville

Dr. Hunter was kind and gentle. He was patient. And he actually listened to me when I spoke. He didn’t overwhelm me. He didn’t bombard me with information that I didn’t understand....Doctor Hunter did very in-depth labs and testing on my husband and I. He made sure we were healthy and our levels were normal to better increase our chances of success. He also gave us advise on vitamins and supplements that would benefit us best and he also got back with me immediately when a couple of my labs were abnormal.
Dr. Hunter is a very intelligent and highly educated man. You can clearly see all of his accomplishments by just looking at his wall of degrees, diplomas and awards in his office. It is almost intimidating to be in the presence of someone who has achieved so much. You are already feeling nervous and anxious and maybe even a little sad and disheartened that you even have to be there because how things have unfolded is so unbelievably different than what you had planned. You also might be afraid that you will say something wrong or make yourself look stupid infront of someone who could have the answers that could potinetally end your years of suffering and hold the solution to your broken heart. He was reassuring, calm and relatable. He gave me options. He didn’t order me around. He tailored our treatment around our needs and our schedule. He and his staff were so accommodating which meant so much to us as we live 3 hours from the clinic and travel and time off work were difficult barriers to work with. He and his staff made theirselves available to us for any questions or concernes that we had. Communication, feeling included and involved is very important to me. Dr. Hunter made sure those needs were his top priority.
I would tell a prospective patient to not let fear hold them back. To go ahead and make the first step or don’t let previous experiences hold you back from seeking out Dr. Hunter and his expertise. You can feel the passion they have for their field and their commitment to their patients.
In the past by other fertility specialists I have been treated like a number so my guard was already up. Dr. Hunter was kind and gentle. He was patient. And he actually listened to me when I spoke. He didn’t overwhelm me. He didn’t bombard me with information that I didn’t understand. He wasn’t rushed and took the time to get to know my husband and I.
Doctor Hunter did very in-depth labs and testing on my husband and I. He made sure we were healthy and our levels were normal to better increase our chances of success. He also gave us advise on vitamins and supplements that would benefit us best and he also got back with me immediately when a couple of my labs were abnormal. He also helped me find ways to improve them before the cycle. He also did a ultrasound to measure my follicles and uterine lining to make sure I was ready for the cycle and to determine exactly when I needed to administer my injection.
They were all so helpful and open to any questions I had. They always made time for me and were always smiling and optimistic. They were also very knowledgeable and efficient.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I would say the clincis biggest strengths would be compassion and communication. To be a fairly new clinic they are very organized, well managed and well equipped. They met all of my and my husbands needs and expectations so I cannot pin point any weaknesses at this time.
The IUI itself was $1,000. My labs were $250. My husbands were $110. My ultrasound was $90. My clomid was $10. My shot was $75 with the discount card.
This does not apply to us.

PCOS, Other
It’s easy to reach Dr Hunter for questions and concerns and he is very patient addressing them. He performs all the ultrasound and IUI procedures by himself which I know nurse does in other clinics. The fact he is always willing to spend his time make me feel very comfortable that I can trust him. He is very professional and will not push for procedures that are not necessary. He explains everything in details to me and my husband. I remember him right by my bed side after I woke up from egg retrieval to check on me. He makes responsible medical advice to only transfer one embryo even though it might not be what I want to hear but he knows that’s the right advice in our situation.
PCOS, Other
Ask as many questions as you can, Dr Hunter is great at addressing them. Be patient with your treatment plan.
Dr Hunter made me feel important not just another patient. He spent his time to answer all our questions and provide advices. He is a very dedicated to patient care.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism by Dr Hunter. Also I have PCOS, we started with Letrozole for 6 cycles and did 5 IUI with no pregnancy. So we moved on to IVF, I was on gonal F 150 units due to PCOS and was given Lupron Trigger to prevent OHSS. I produced 20 eggs and retrieved 17 of them. 14 were matured, 11 fertilized. On day 5, we froze 5 embryos. Then we did a frozen transfer cycle and became pregnant and just recently delivered my baby girl.
Carol is always very helpful and professional. She is also very personable. She held my hand in procedures which made me feel secure and at ease. She is also very knowledgeable and get back to me quickly with answers to my questions
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They are always on time for appointments, I never had to wait more than 15 mins from my scheduled appointment time. Very easy to work with. Every staff member is helpful and friendly. The billing department messed up our bills several times though, that’s the only part I don’t like about this clinic.
IUI price was very reasonable, about 250-300 dollars. IVF cycle is 13500 without medication.
He strongly recommended one embryo transfer even though I wanted to transfer two. Ultimately it was my choice. Given my age and quality of the embryo I knew his advice is right and we followed it at the end.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Hunter took my calls/emails at all hours of the day. He said to email or call him at any time and he meant it. I was under his care for one year and dealt with the removal of an ovarian cyst, a failed IUI, and also a successful round of IVF...Incredibly knowledgeable on the subject matter Trustworthy Weaknesses: Can lack emotional connection to patient or empathy...if you're looking for someone who is incredibly skilled, detail oriented, focused and trustworthy, he's your guy.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Strengths: Very thorough and spends time discussing patient's questions Makes himself available at all hours and responds quickly Incredibly knowledgeable on the subject matter Trustworthy Weaknesses: Can lack emotional connection to patient or empathy
It's probably like this with most fertility clinics, but be prepared to come into the office often for many visits. Have patience, as the process of trying to get pregnant is not a quick one. Dr. Hunter does not like to rush things, so you will need to trust in him and his timeline. If you are looking for someone who is emotional and will show you empathy, he is not the right doctor for you. But if you're looking for someone who is incredibly skilled, detail oriented, focused and trustworthy, he's your guy.
Dr. Hunter took my calls/emails at all hours of the day. He said to email or call him at any time and he meant it. I was under his care for one year and dealt with the removal of an ovarian cyst, a failed IUI, and also a successful round of IVF. Through the months of "let's wait and see" while the ovarian cyst was being dealt with, it was difficult to just sit back and wait, but I trusted that Dr. Hunter knew the best steps to take. After waiting several months for the cyst to go away on its own, we decided together that it was best to surgically remove it. That process was very difficult and the surgery was much harder than I was anticipating. When I was finally able to try IUI, it was a big let down when it did not work. The success rates for IUI are low and the statistics show that. Dr. Hunter was very focused on the science of how/why/when I could get pregnant, and at times it was difficult to not have him be more emotional, however, looking back I understand why. The next step was IVF. He and his team were phenomenal, always there to listen to me and answer my questions. But again, he didn't let me lose site of the statistics and the probability of me actually getting pregnant. It's a difficult balancing act between being practical and giving someone hope, but he managed to show me all angles of the equation. At this point, I had been under his care for nine months, so I knew him and his team well and was comfortable with them, but even if I had just met them, I am confident I would have trusted in them just the same. IVF is a very raw, emotional, tiring experience, and without Dr. Hunter and his team I'm not sure I could have made it through. Whether it was the IVF nurse, the lab director, the other nurses on his team, or the wonderful lady who handled blood draws, everyone made me feel like a person, not just another patient. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins, and on my last visit I was in tears to leave these great people. A bittersweet ending! Very happy to be pregnant but sad to be leaving a team of people I had shared such an emotional journey with. I highly recommend Dr. Hunter and his team at the Kentucky Fertility Institute. They are wonderful.
While doing IUI, I basically just took an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation and that was that. I did not have a successful round of IUI. IVF was much more complex and I did become pregnant with twins. I am currently pregnant, so have not yet given birth. IVF to prepare for the retrieval for about 2.5 weeks: Lupron 5 units Follistim 225 units twice a day Menopur 150 IU Lovenox 40 mg (blood thinner for other medical issue I have) Doxycycilne - for 5 days After the egg transfer taken for 6 weeks: Crinone gel 8% daily Progesterone oil injection daily Estradiol tab 2mg taken vaginally twice daily Estradiol tab 2mg taken orally twice daily Doxycycline for 10 days Lovenox injection (blood thinner for other health issue)
The IVF Coordinator Carol Powers is phenomenal. She made me feel comfortable every step of the way. She truly is a huge part of the reason why I made it through the IVF process. Stacie and Candie are two other nurses who helped me a lot. Stacie saw me through many ultrasounds that were a disappointment to me when I was waiting for the ovarian cyst to go away.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean (it's a very new facility) and well kept. The waiting room has a TV and refreshments for those waiting. Sometimes the wait was a bit long. This is probably in part because the doctors like to fully explain all of their patient's questions which can then cause them to be a bit behind on other appointments. But it was not uncommon for them to be running behind.
I believe we paid $250 for the Hysterosalingogram (HSG) that was needed at the very start of my time at the clinic to determine if my tubes were blocked. There was one other $250 charge at the beginning, but I'm forgetting entirely what it was for. Thankfully my husband and I have very good insurance, so a lot of the medications were fully covered or had a small co-pay. We did have a $4,350 out of pocket cost for IVF. We also had a $525 cost for the anesthesia for the egg retrieval. Blood draws each time were also $70 each time, which my insurance covered. The Ovidrel shot is $99 each time, too, and I had two of those.
Dr. Hunter was comfortable transferring two embryos but no more. He did say that since I have a blood clotting disorder, it would be more strain on my body if I were to get pregnant with multiples and he provided me the risks in advance. However, he didn't say it was out of the question to have twins and was in support of what I preferred.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Hunter was very proactive in our treatment and was very knowledgeable. He is a very through doctor and he always answered any questions we had. He never rushed us or made us feel silly for asking any questions...Dr. Hunter always knew exactly where we were in our cycle at every appointment and what we had planned to do next. He was very easy to communicate with. And he was very empathetic to our emotional journey.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Ask any questions you have! He is very knowledgeable and through. He is very compassionate to his clients.
Before starting out IVF cycle he recommended we have pre-genetic testing done. This slightly changed our course once we received unforeseen results. In which case we were very pleased that he recommend that we do the testing. We set up PGD testing to be preformed on the embryos after retrieval. We did IVF, we got 30 eggs retrieved. 12 fertilized and 2 made it to freeze. Unfortunately both came back with negative transferable results through the 3rd party testing. We are planning on trying the IVF process again with another egg retrieval in the future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kathy, Carol, Angie )
I love the entire staff! Everyone of them always said hello to me by name and they really start to become your little family during the process. It's just how an infertility clinic should be! Infertility is a difficult thing to go through, but they made it as comfortable as possible for me !
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The staff is very welcoming and encouraging to their patients. They are very prompt to find answers to questions I have. The only thing that I would suggest would be to Possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and then possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and inject them. That was the only part of the process that I was very nervous about in the beginning, and felt I could have used a little more explanation. But otherwise they are a great, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable staff.
My insurance was initially taken at our first appointments. The co-pays weren't bad due to our insurance. They would put a credit card on file for us for any labs that were done in case there was a balance. And their IVF cycles are mainly all-inclusive so you pay one set amount at the beginning and there are no additional charges to write your cycle, which is nice and makes things a little less stressful.
Because I have had several miscarriage, Dr. Hunter suggested that we only transfer embryo when the time comes. He did not want to complicate a possible pregnancy by transferring more than one embryo. This was to avoid another miscarriage outcome.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter has been amazing to work with so far. From the very first time we met with him to the most recent appointments he has shown compassion, patience, and understanding. After our recent IUI failed he called me himself to say he was sorry our cycle wasn't successful....Dr. Hunter believes that IUI is a good option for my husband and I because of my diagnosis. I do ovulate on my own and we have no other known issues so we decided on unmedicated IUI cycles. The plan is to try unmedicated cycles but also keeping the option of medication open if we don't get the results we want.
Dr. Hunter has been amazing to work with so far. From the very first time we met with him to the most recent appointments he has shown compassion, patience, and understanding. After our recent IUI failed he called me himself to say he was sorry our cycle wasn't successful. I was expecting a call from the nurse but I was so happy to be able to speak with him directly. He has always explained our options with our fertility journey. Once he gave us options he talked through them with us and supported our decision. I have enjoyed working with him and look forward to continuing to work with him.
Go in with an open mind.
My husband and I have met with Dr. Hunter several times now and he never makes you feel rushed to leave. He answers all questions completely and always asks if you have any further questions before the appointment is over.
After having an HSG I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis. Dr. Hunter believes that IUI is a good option for my husband and I because of my diagnosis. I do ovulate on my own and we have no other known issues so we decided on unmedicated IUI cycles. The plan is to try unmedicated cycles but also keeping the option of medication open if we don't get the results we want. We have had one unsuccessful IUI and we are planning for our second this next cycle.
The nursing staff at KFI is amazing. They call you by name and make you feel like a person. I was very upset during my first time at KFI because of the results of a test and our nurse handed me a box of tissues before stepping out of the room to give my husband and I a moment alone. When she came back she put her arm around me and said "I know this is hard, but it's only a bump in the road. We will just keep going". I felt like she truly cared about how I felt and that made that experience so special.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a fairly new clinic but so far I haven't found any weaknesses. They truly put their patients first and they make such an awful time in life just a little bit easier. I've always been greeted with a smile and called by my name when walking in the door. It feels more like a family rather than a doctors office.
We are trying IUI first but if we did decide to move in to IVF, Dr. Hunter said he would only transfer one embryo for me personally. I'm a very small person and he said carrying twins would be more of a risk because of my size.
Louisville

He [Dr. Hunter] was very nice and easy to talk to he explained everything to me and went over everything and suggesed we do ivf or a tubul reversal and to speak to the financial department. We went through all my results together explain each thing to me we went over my hCG test that show that my flesh and clips were off and that they were close so either have to do IVF or tubal reversal and he explained everything to me including the risk and the benefits of each one it was very understanding and very helpful in us making our decision
How was your experience with Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
He was very nice and easy to talk to he explained everything to me and went over everything and suggesed we do ivf or a tubul reversal and to speak to the financial department. We went through all my results together explain each thing to me we went over my hCG test that show that my flesh and clips were off and that they were close so either have to do IVF or tubal reversal and he explained everything to me including the risk and the benefits of each one it was very understanding and very helpful in us making our decision I would definitely recommend him to any number of people
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
To come prepared with any test results that you already have any kind of testing that you have done and he would explain everything to you and write down all your questions that you would have for him so you can get everything answered while you're there
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
He was very respectful and answer all my questions and explained everything to me and what my next steps were to try ivf or do a tubul reversal
Describe the protocols Robert K. Hunter II used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
The only thing I've had done so far is an hsg test which shows if your fallopian tubes are open or blocked mine are blocked so they have to be reopened with a tubal reversal or try IVF to conceive another child he was very understanding and helping us decide between which one would like to do and I understand the cost of everything and tell us what the risk and benefits
The nursing staff was very nice and kind and explain everything they were going to do before they did it answered any questions that we had that the doctor had answered yet the front desk person was very nice and organized and got us all the paperwork we needed and help us fill out anything that we had questions on
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The clinic overall was good about getting back to us I did have a couple of problems trying to get the financial counselor to call us back cuz we had more questions and needed to get some more information to prepare for a tubal reversal or IVF had trouble getting that bag but other than that they're all pretty much good and very attentive and responsible about calling you back if need be
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
How to pay a $50 consultation fee upfront I don't have insurance that covers fertility treatment I'm so for IVF it was $14,000 up front plus whatever medications and stuff you had to have and then my tubal reversal would be 4000 to $5,000 it plus I have facility in hospital fees
Fertility and Endocrine Associates
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Hunter presents as a professional who is focused on results, and tests. This was very helpful for us as an older couple (34,&40). Later when we were presented with Insurance issues and the decision to precede in the way our hearts desired to have a baby or the way the insurance company wanted us to have a baby. Dr Hunter was quick to advocate for our hearts... We completed the testing for egg reserve and a scrap of my lining. We were preped to start medication to prepare my body for egg retrieval and IVF for my wife but the cost and claim denials made us take a different route with my wife using IUI.
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Hunter presents as a professional who is focused on results, and tests. This was very helpful for us as an older couple (34,&40). Later when we were presented with Insurance issues and the decision to precede in the way our hearts desired to have a baby or the way the insurance company wanted us to have a baby. Dr Hunter was quick to advocate for our hearts- he probably doesn’t know what happened in that appointment with our relationship but it was life changing to see a doctor advocating for us. Ultimately the cost made us take the path of least resistance.
Trust the journey! Couples are teams and introducing a new teammate into that relationship can sometimes be difficult. Dr Hunter will soon become your MVP just trust him with the ball
Dr Hunter was very quickly apart of our pregnancy journey. My desire has always been to have a baby but I never wanted to carry. My wife wanted and wants to feel all the aspects of pregnancy. Our match is pretty perfect. Dr Hunter never made me feel any other way than perfectly normal with my desire.
My instance was governed by our insurance. We completed the testing for egg reserve and a scrap of my lining. We were preped to start medication to prepare my body for egg retrieval and IVF for my wife but the cost and claim denials made us take a different route with my wife using IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
From the receptionist to phlebotomist and nurses, the staff was a family and it was very apparent from our first visit on.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The moment we walked in, we felt as their goals and our goals aligned. The goal of a child was clearly at the top of everyone’s list. We have encouraged many same sex couples to see Dr Hunter over the past couple of years. Without reservation, we have told others to trust the plan of action and ask questions as they arise. No matter the news, good or bad, we always felt confidant that we were all moving in the same direction
Our initial request was too costly and we ended up getting pregnancy by IUI which was around $7,000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
I always felt like my care was a discussion and not an order. He [Dr. Hunter] truly listened to my opinion and answered every question. He gave me all my options and worked with me to make the best plan possible. ... Because of other health issues that I face, we chose to transfer one embryo. This was a big discussion between us and ultimately agreed this would be safer. ... Everyone in the office [KFI], including Dr Hunter knew my name. He knew exactly who I was and my specific circumstances. ...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
I always felt like my care was a discussion and not an order. He truly listened to my opinion and answered every question. He gave me all my options and worked with me to make the best plan possible.
To not have unrealistic expectations
Everyone in the office, including Dr Hunter knew my name. He knew exactly who I was and my specific circumstances.
We did an antagonist protocol which resulted in 8 eggs, 2 of which made it to freeze. Both were graded highly. We had a plan to do genetic testing but because we only had 2 eggs we skipped it. The first transfer was a success in that I got pregnant. We saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks but didn’t at 8. A D&C at 9 weeks determined that the egg (my own) was genetically defective. The 2nd transfer did not result in pregnancy.
Carol was amazing! She dealt with the pharmacy when there were issues and answered EVERY single question I ever had, which was a lot.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
To me, the only weakness was the benefits coordinator. She is extremely nice but slow to respond to inquiries. There were times when I had to follow up multiple times before getting any response. The rest of the team is AMAZING. Angie, at the front desk, greets you by name when you walk in. Highly organized and friendly. The phlebotomist is sweet as sugar and was the only one who could get what she needed out of my tiny veins without killing me.
The monitoring appoints were done first thing (before regular visits) and most of the time I was in and out. IVF works on your body’s schedule so sometimes there were more people than others.
Even with insurance we paid $10k out of pocket.
Louisville

Dr hunter is the best. He is very considerate , well mannered, down to earth, very knowledgeable and confident in what he does....Dr. HUnter is by far the best doctor ive gone to . he is very understandable when it come to feelings and also his job he makes sure you understand everything , treats you with respect and has your happiness at the number 1 priority. He does not just treat you like a number he is there to make you happy, confident and comfortable...
Dr hunter is the best. He is very considerate , well mannered, down to earth, very knowledgeable and confident in what he does. I would never chose anyone else to get me through this. It doesnt matter if i come in the office with doubt or nervous or anything he makes sure i know that he is going to get me to where i want to be. He informs on every step of the way plus what the next steps could be if something doesn't work. I trust him fully in what he does and i know for sure he is confident and as long as im his patient i'll get to where i need to be
Be honest and ask questions. doesn't matter what kind of question you think you are asking he is there to reassure you and answer every questions and concern.
So far we have used birth control to get my cycles somewhat normalized in the beginning them we went on to letrzole on 2 cycles I've had 1 IUI which was unsuccessful. i go in thursday for my second after my second if it is not a success we will dicuss any changes he thinks would be necessary
The nursing staff is phenomenal. I come in they welcome you with smiles they know you by name. Super sweet and kind-hearted people
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
they are very clean , organized and such a welcoming environment
very reasonable
Louisville

Dr. Hunter will personally call to check in and to follow up. He was very up front and caring when having to give "bad" news. He was ready with resources and names of other professionals who could offer more specialized care for my mental state after diagnosis of POI/POF (therapists specializing in infertility, etc)...Dr. Hunter is to-the-point when it comes to diagnosis, treatment options, realistic outcomes, and further testing and/or specialists. He takes into consideration family histories and ALWAYS calls me personally whenever I've called or e-mail with questions. He is sure to be realistic but caring and is always ready with helpful information and resources.
Dr. Hunter is to-the-point when it comes to diagnosis, treatment options, realistic outcomes, and further testing and/or specialists. He takes into consideration family histories and ALWAYS calls me personally whenever I've called or e-mail with questions. He is sure to be realistic but caring and is always ready with helpful information and resources. My husband and I always feel like we've been told everything, not that anything has been withheld or explained in a confusing way.
First, to be prepared for news you may not want to hear...but that Dr. Hunter makes you feel like you are NOT alone!
I had already seen my OBGYN for several rounds of fertility medication, and seen a different RE in another city/state before I came to Dr. Hunter. While he did confirm the original diagnosis, he was there to offer multiple options for dealing with fertility options as well as options for staying the course of maintenance, while keeping the door open for future fertility options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember her name : ()
the entire staff is caring, organized, and professional. They know that they are helping patients in a very difficult time of their lives and treat them as such. They are also always there to celebrate "victories" no matter how small, with their patients.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is warm and welcoming. Their is privacy when you need it most, resources are available where you would hope to find them, and everyone is kind and friendly. Even the practice manager knows who I am and will come out to say hello and check on how I am doing.
I don't know off the top of my head.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter always made me and my husband feel as if we were his only patient. All questions were always answered and never made us feel like any of our questions were stupid or wrong...He always explained everything he was doing and why he was doing it. I never left an appointment not knowing what was going on or what the next steps were going to be. I knew that I could always call or email to get a question or concern addressed in a timely manner. He took my feelings and my husband’s feelings in consideration when he was making a plan for the treatment and never made the plan final until we were ready and understood everything.
I thought I wanted a doctor that was warm and sweet because this was going to be a tough time for us but after my first failed retrieval of eggs and not having any embryos to transfer, we knew needed someone that would lay everything out straight for us. Dr. Hunter is that doctor. He might not be warm until you get to know his personality but he will let you know what you need to do and what he will be doing for you to get that family you want. He has a passion and understanding of what you want, he will do what he has to do to make it happen.
After my first failed cycle, he increased my treatment and all of the medicine intake. He had me in the office everyday for lab work and ultrasounds to ensure the medicine was working and adjusting the treatment cycle at the end to get the results we needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol powers )
Everyone was always welcoming when you come in. The team is was small but it made feel more like home especially having the same nurse or coordinator that was helping you. You were more than just a patient to them. You were individual that they were helping achieve their dream of starting a family.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is organized and structured well on helping you get through of the steps needed to get the process started and to the finish line. They was always a calendar, phone call or email reminding you of the next step or what was needed from you.
Everything was done by appointment but the appointments were always on time. Usually appointments to monitor if the medicines were working was done in the mornings so the doctors could focus on those patients.
The first 2 rounds was billed to my insurance so everything done correctly for that. When we were considering a third cycle and insurance was no longer going to cover it, they have a package plan in place to be able to help the patient to get what they needed.
Dr. Hunter weighed out each option for us. He gave us his opinion for our individual situation and let us make th final decision in the end. Either of those opinions was good for us and he recommended both for our situation.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
On our first visit we sat down and Dr Hunter went over our history in great detail and all previous information leading up to our visit. We decided that even though I had diminished ovarian reserve, I was still a candid to try monitor medicated timed intercourse with trigger shot. I was diagnosed with secondary infertility with diminished egg reserve. I went in for a baseline ultrasound before the third day of my cycle. I was then given the ok to start Fermara 5mg per day cycle days 3-5. I then was scheduled out to cycle day 10 to check for follicles. My first cycle produced two decent size follicles (both over 19) and was advised exactly what time to trigger and what days/nights to have intercourse. First cycle resulted in a negative test. My second cycle also resulted with two follicles over 19 and negative pregnancy tests. Third cycle I was upped to 10 mg Fermara cycle days 3-5. This cycle I was also given progesterone to use nightly starting two days after trigger shot. This cycle also resulted two follicles this time 20 and lining was good. This cycle also resulted in a negative test. Our fourth cycle was on track with the third cycle. At follicle check we were very surprised to see three follicles. Unfortunately, that cycle did not work. We are currently taking a break in hopes of saving money to start IVF.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Hunter was very informative in explaining my treatment plan in details that I was able to understand. He made sure that I understood what was going to happen during any procedures ahead of time and I was contacted with results as soon as they were available if I was not informed before leaving the procedure.
Don't be so nervous! He is very easy to talk to.
Dr Hunter was and has been the best doctor I have seen. He is very respectful of the situation at hand and goes to great links to make sure you understand your treatment plan. He gave me hope for my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Everyone has went out of their way to make sure my visits go as smoothly as possible. They always greet you with a friendly, caring smile.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
KFI is one of the newer facilities in our area. I love the staff! Angie and Stacy both rock! The facility is always so discrete and keep private matters private. The office is beautifully done and is conveniently located. Wait time is to a minimum and I have never felt like I was being rushed out.
Most of the diagnostic testing was covered under my insurance with the exception of my deductible. I was quoted $13K for IVF without medication.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter is no nonsense and very knowledgeable. His clinic is communicative and he answered any questions I had. He explained our several options with us and allowed us to choose our path. He drew pictures and diagrams to ensure we knew what the next steps would be, and even decided to forego an ultrasound and save ya money, when I’d just had one for another reason very recently.
Make sure to ask questions and do not be shy with thoughts or concerns.
The office is very receptive to communications and everything was explained to me
Our protocol was to try IUI with Femera, since I’d responded well to it in the past. I had blood work done and did Femera days 3-7. I had an ultrasound at day 12 and triggered that evening. I had my IUI 36 hours past Trigger, then took progesterone until I could test.
The staff is top notch! I cannot day enough about how kind and helpful they are. They are always smiling and go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. The phlebotomist is amazing and so incredibly sweet.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
It does take a while to get an initial appointment. Once in, they will see patients on weekends to make sure you stay on schedule. The financial side got a bit confusing, but it was all figured out in the end. Best of luck
Everything was provided on a price sheet before you started. I believe the whole IUI was 900 without meds
Louisville

Dr. Hunter was very straightforward and gave us plenty of time for questions. He laid out the various options and explained his recommendations. I felt we were given the proper information and then it was our decision to decide the best course of action. We waited approximately 10 weeks for the initial consultation....We did a medicated IUI cycle with clomid, a trigger shot and progesterone suppositories....There was no follow up after my IUI.
Ask for detailed pricing information. We were misquoted on the cost of an IUI cycle.
Interactions were very brief. There was no follow up after my IUI.
The nursing staff was very friendly. I saw one nurse at every appointment, and she was the best. I saw a different nurse or NP for my scans. I remember leaving the scan right before my trigger and IUI feeling overwhelmed as I was asked if I was OK with multiples (which had never been brought up before) and given advice on the best prenatal vitamins, but had been told by the doctor our odds of conceiving with IUI were less than 10%.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Pricing information is vague and even receipts don't detail what the charges are for. Wait times before appointments can be long. Overall the staff is very friendly and appointments go quickly once you have been called back. I often had a hard time getting a hold of someone on the phone. No one from the office ever called to follow up after my IUI.
My IUI was over $1,200 with meds. I was told the IUI would be $750 and the office charged me over $900.
Not applicable for our treatment with Dr. Hunter.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter was intelligent and made me feel confident that he would help me determine my best treatment plan. He was also kind and sensitive. ... He was kind, courteous as well as direct in my treatment options. He also was prompt in responding to my emails anytime I had questions throughout the process. ... Dr. Hunter was thorough in examining our personal needs that our fertility journey didn’t have to be as difficult as I feared it could have been.
Dr. Hunter was intelligent and made me feel confident that he would help me determine my best treatment plan. He was also kind and sensitive. We also particularly appreciated his prompt feedback throughout the process.
Recognize that the fertility journey is a process. Trust that there are many options and that Dr. Hunter will help you find the best treatment plan for yourself!
Tests were done to determine that I had PCOS. Procedures done to then help me ovulate. I then had an IUI.
Wonderful nurse!
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The nursing team was sensitive and caring to my needs. Also, it was helpful that all labs and tests are performed in one setting at KFI. We highly recommend KFI and are so grateful for Dr. Hunter and the KFI staff. Dr. Hunter was thorough in examining our personal needs that our fertility journey didn’t have to be as difficult as I feared it could have been. He also provided prompt feedback anytime I had questions throughout the process. We are grateful we went to KFI and highly recommend KFI to anyone who is exploring their fertility options.
Do not remember but it was not as expensive as I thought it would have been.
Louisville

De Hunter was very kind and professional. His bed side manners are very great. He is very compassionate and caring as well as very punctual. He was willing to go over things that were confusing and called back always when i had questions via phone. He never gave up and always gave great suggestions and options for next treatments...e is very kind and very soft spoken and understanding. He would break down any treatment down to the day hour and minutes if i asked him so. He always called me when i would have questions via phone same day. If i ovulated on a Saturday he was in office to see me. He is very compassionate and great
He is very kind and very soft spoken and understanding. He would break down any treatment down to the day hour and minutes if i asked him so. He always called me when i would have questions via phone same day. If i ovulated on a Saturday he was in office to see me. He is very compassionate and great
You wont go wrong with having him as a doctor. He will go over and beyond your expectations. He is very professional and sweet
We first stated off with a soft approach and every cycle went with more medicine due to not getting pregnant. Once we were at max on famara we added injections with famara fir a couple months along with the trigger shot and insimination
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
She was always nice and explained what to expect alawys amsered questions or concerns and very compassionate
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very nice and new facility . They have minimal wait times. The front desk know every pstient by first name so it is a very personable experience. They have alot of onsite equipment that almost everything is done in the clinic. They are very clean and sanitary.

PCOS, Unexplained
My experience was absolutely amazing. He [Dr. Robert Hunter] treated me wonderfully. He went into great detail with very medicine I was prescribed. He made sure I understood all the risk involved. Every time I called, I was reassured with my issues. When my husband came he involved him in everything. It was and is a great experience everything I go.... First we started with history and getting information of past treatments at the gynecologist. We then started with course of treatment. Next time we up the dose as it did not work properly. We tired that one a few times then we went to adding a shot in the process. This was or finally treatment due to we officially ran out of treatment fund at the time.
PCOS, Unexplained
My experience was absolutely amazing. He treated me wonderfully. He went into great detail with very medicine I was prescribed. He made sure I understood all the risk involved. Every time I called, I was reassured with my issues. When my husband came he involved him in everything. It was and is a great experience everything I go.
Don’t be scared. He will walk you though it all.
Dr Hunter treated me exactly like I wanted. He explained everything in detail to me. He walked me though everything. He is friendly as can be.
They answered all my questions. They were friendly as can be.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I don’t believe there is any weaknesses about the clinic. They are well maintained. They will call you by name when you walk in. They greet you both, offer drinks. They are absolutely amazing. They have various bathrooms. They are also well maintained.
The cost stayed about the same for me as I didn’t go to a ton of treatments. I went to 4 cycles.
I did not get that far in the treatment.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter took a while to warm up to us, but once he did he understood how best to give us the facts of our case and our treatment options. He also called us with results more often than he had his staff make the calls...We appreciated that Dr. Hunter took the health and safety of the mother into account and only transferred one embryo per transfer cycle... is a numbers person and thus at first, it took time for us to establish rapport. However, as we moved forward with our process he really did warm up and was willing to give us the facts while treating us like people...
Dr. Hunter is a numbers person and thus at first, it took time for us to establish rapport. However, as we moved forward with our process he really did warm up and was willing to give us the facts while treating us like people.
Give him a bit of time to warm up to you.
Dr. Hunter had me on CQ10, DHEA, and a prenatal the whole time. Then he added in menopur which he adjusted to double the original dose. I was also on Gonal F which in our second round he prescribed at a slightly lower does. He use lupron for both of our cycles and ovidril. Once we did the transfer I was on PIO which he adjusted because I was allergic to the first type prescribed. I was on doxycycline and medrol, estrace and crinone.
All of the nursing staff knew me and greeted me every time. They were willing to laugh with us when things didn't always go perfectly (I'm a really hard blood draw).
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They have a really nice facility and a caring staff. Dr. Hunter really knows what he's doing and is willing to take the time to explain everything to you. The nursing staff is great and works as a good team.
Dr. Hunter has a standard package rate that includes everything except pgs testing.
Louisville

He [Dr. Hunter] always remembers details of our specific treatments, and our names. He listens and answers all our questions and explains things without seeming rushed...The only time we haven't seen him is if we have to come in on a weekend. He explains all our options every visit and makes sure we know exactly what the plan is...We started out on the lowest dose of oral medications. As I didn't get results we would slowly increase the dose and monitor the results with ultrasound. When, on our 5th attempt with meds my fllicles stopped growing we opted for low dose injectable along with oral meds. Although we haven't had success with 3 iuis, I feel we just haven't had that lucky break yet.
Dr Hunter always greet us with a handshake and asks us about our lives since the last time he's seen us. He always asks if we have any questions or concerns. The only time we haven't seen him is if we have to come in on a weekend. He explains all our options every visit and makes sure we know exactly what the plan is.
Ask questions and be an advocate for yourself, Dr Hunter will always answer any questions honestly.
He always remembers details of our specific treatments, and our names. He listens and answers all our questions and explains things without seeming rushed.
We started out on the lowest dose of oral medications. As I didn't get results we would slowly increase the dose and monitor the results with ultrasound. When, on our 5th attempt with meds my fllicles stopped growing we opted for low dose injectable along with oral meds. Although we haven't had success with 3 iuis, I feel we just haven't had that lucky break yet. I don't think it is anything Dr Hunter could have changed or done differently.
They always answer questions and give instructions kindly. They are always very kind at the office and on the phone
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean and the staff is welcoming. They never answer the phone, but always get back with me the same day when I leave a message. I am very satisfied with the office.
Iui- 300 Hsg- 88 after insurance Trigger shot- 50 Letrozole- 30 Ultrasounds- 175 before insurance Initial lab testing- 2500 before insurance, 500 after
Na- have not done this yet
Louisville

Dr Hunter went above and beyond what I expected from him. Always explained things to me and even drew diagrams to make sure I understand the treatment plans. I had a say in what treatment we did as well... I always got to speak with him at every visit and he was always the one doing the exams and ultrasounds as well. I received test results the same day so there was less stress for me... He called to check in with me after I had my miscarriage and discussed all my options with me and helped me decide what to do from there.
I felt at home at their office. I always got to speak with him at every visit and he was always the one doing the exams and ultrasounds as well. I received test results the same day so there was less stress for me. He is always available if I had any questions. He called to check in with me after I had my miscarriage and discussed all my options with me and helped me decide what to do from there.
Make a list of questions that you have to make sure you get all of your answers. It overwhelming at first but he explains everything very well.
Dr Hunter went above and beyond what I expected from him. Always explained things to me and even drew diagrams to make sure I understand the treatment plans. I had a say in what treatment we did as well. Always asked me if I had any questions and answered them thoroughly. Didn't sugar coat things which I like as well.
Can't remember the protocol. I had monitoring every day to check follicle growth and meds were adjusted daily depending on growth and estrogen levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol and Stacy)
They were amazing and made sure I understood everything the dr had gone over with me. Carol set up my ivf protocol for me and showed me how to do my injections. They all remembered who I was at every visit and have been very personable.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
It's a new facility and very welcoming when you first arrive. Very clean and up to date.
My ultrasounds were 275 each before insurance and they have packages for iui and ivf. I think the no insurance price for ivf was 14,500
He recommends only one but we preferred to transfer both. He went over all the risks of doing two and we signed paperwork that we selected to transfer both.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter was matter-of-fact and didn't sugar coat our situation as we went along; however, he was empathetic and communicative.... He was persistent and adjusted protocol to our very specific and challenging situation. He was incredibly responsive to my need and desire to communication--so much that I would consider him someone that goes far above and beyond in terms of customer service and care.
I trusted and continue to trust the future of my family-building to this doctor. He was persistent and adjusted protocol to our very specific and challenging situation. He was incredibly responsive to my need and desire to communication--so much that I would consider him someone that goes far above and beyond in terms of customer service and care.
Don't hesitate to make the first appointment. At least find out how he may be able to help. It was the best thing I ever did.
Dr. Hunter was matter-of-fact and didn't sugar coat our situation as we went along; however, he was empathetic and communicative. We knew he truly cared about us.
2 rounds IUI on Femara with trigger shot. 1 round traditional IVF (injectables) with zero fertilization and rescue ICSI failure. 1 round SUCCESSFUL ICSI IVF (same protocol with different trigger shot) with Artificial Oocyte Activation.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very well maintained and staffed. Friendly and patient-centered. I found myself to be in true relationship with the staff and part of the KFI family. While you may not reach a person at the front desk at each phone call, you will receive calls back in very good time.
$550 for anesthesia for retrieval $12,500 up front costs of full IVF cycle Appx $4000 medication costs per IVF cycle $600 per IUI
Dr. Hunter explains the statistical reasoning behind all strategies, based on age, quality of embryo, etc. He is highly ethical and encourages eSET unless there are solid clinical grounds for doing otherwise. However, he will allow you to ultimately choose the number of transferred embryos (within his preset limits for your particular case).
Robert K. Hunter II

I really liked dr. Hunter but only saw him once during the initial consultation, the rest of the time was with a nurse practitioner. I would have preferred for him to be the one I saw. They were always very busy so I understand why, I just didn’t like not seeing him.... [Kentucky Fertility Institute is] Very friendly and comfortable. They have a very nice waiting room with snacks and drinks. This is great bc you will probably have to wait quite a while to get in for your appointment. I understand that things happen with infertility and things can get overbooked but Their were probably 10 different couples waiting at one time when I went in for my appointment one
Be patient and willing to wait awhile to see him, and for your appointments.
They were very caring and understanding and wanted you to feel comfortable.
He used the same protocol as a previous doctor.
They all seemed to be very nice and compassionate towards me. They all also seemed knowledgeable in what they do.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very friendly and comfortable. They have a very nice waiting room with snacks and drinks. This is great bc you will probably have to wait quite a while to get in for your appointment. I understand that things happen with infertility and things can get overbooked but Their were probably 10 different couples waiting at one time when I went in for my appointment one morning. Wait times and not being able to see the actual doctor.
$700 out of pocket for an iui excluding medication.
We didn’t discuss I’ve yet.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Robert Hunter] went over every detail and when he did my 2 hsg’s, he explained my results in a thorough manner. When we had our consultation, he has given us hope with IUI if nothing happens unlike the first OBGYN I saw during this difficult process.... He respects what my husband and I have to say and he always responds to my e-mails when I have a question in a timely manner.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He went over every detail and when he did my 2 hsg’s, he explained my results in a thorough manner. When we had our consultation, he has given us hope with IUI if nothing happens unlike the first OBGYN I saw during this difficult process.
Write down any questions you have and he will answer them. He also responds to e-mail if you think of questions later.
I had a laparoscopy and we did another hsg to see if my Fallopian tubes were functioning properly. We then tried letrozole to see if pregnancy would be a success and unfortunately it wasn’t and I’m on a break from those. We plan to start IUI in a few months if nothing happens.
They were there to comfort me during the hsg because they could tell I was nervous. They were great at helping me get up too.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
All the staff is very friendly and they treat you like family. I love that I can email them at anytime and I get a response in a timely manner. They always answer any questions you have in a thorough manner
They were reasonable so far. Hsg testing was way cheaper than the fertility clinic closest to me.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Of all the Doctors I have seen Dr. HUNTER is by far the most thorough. He was the only one to go over my low egg reserves number (which he was reading from other Doctors' reports) and he made sure I was physically ready for my first IUI. He successfully got me pregnant on the first try. AFTER 7 FAILED IUIS. Unfortunately it ended up as a tubal pregnancy, but I am thankful he was my Doctor and caught this in time. He has been so compassionate throughout tje process.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Email whenever you need.
Dr. HUNTER always explains things in great detail. The best part is he is always one email away. He answers emails in a timely manner and calls to discuss lab results and important information.
Chlomid. Trigger shot. IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Candy)
During my dye test Candy was so thoughtful and compassionate because she knew how nervous I was. She was very motherly towards me which was what I needed.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is warm and welcoming. The staff know you by name and greet you right away. They immediatly try to get you to a room. They also offer Saturday and Sunday visits which is nice in the fertility world. Weaknesses would only be sometimes they are busy, but that just means they are doing their job right.
500 for IUI
Louisville

He [Dr. Robert Hunter] was a good doctor, he seemed to know what he was doing. I felt like it was hard however for him to sympathize with what we were going through so it made me afraid to ask questions. I wanted to know that my doctor wanted to treat me but also cared about what he was treating me for.... My first cycle with him he put me on a dose of Femara and made the dose higher. My second cycle, we did an IUi. He didn’t perform the procedure, however the nurse practitioner who did was really incredible.
He was a good doctor, he seemed to know what he was doing. I felt like it was hard however for him to sympathize with what we were going through so it made me afraid to ask questions. I wanted to know that my doctor wanted to treat me but also cared about what he was treating me for.
Go in with an open mind.
He is a very blunt doctor. He seemed very knowledgeable on the processes though which made me feel secure.
I had been on 6 rounds of clomid before seeing Dr. Hunter. My first cycle with him he put me on a dose of Femara and made the dose higher. My second cycle, we did an IUi. He didn’t perform the procedure, however the nurse practitioner who did was really incredible.
They were so awesome and answered all of my questions. The nurse practitioner who did my IUi was so compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very organized. Not hard to get in. Incredible nursing staff. They always call to confirm appointments. They are always compassionate and confidential. They are caring as a whole and work to make sure you are comfortable in an uncomfortable scenario.
With my insurance, clomid treatments were around $30, my IUi with medication and procedure was around $750
I never got that far
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr hunter is the best overall doctor. He was very knowledgeable and I understanding with everything we were experiencing. He always communicated with us being via email or in person. He had the best bedside manner. It actually made me sad when we were released from their care.... Dr hunter treated us with the up most respect. Never made us feel dumb for all the questions we had. Always was very compassionate toward what we were going through
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Be honest and upfront with any questions you have. He is willing to take any and all of his time to answer any that you have.
Dr hunter treated us with the up most respect. Never made us feel dumb for all the questions we had. Always was very compassionate toward what we were going through.
We did 3 IUI with negative outcomes. Went on the IVF with a successful live birth
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacey )
I had the best nurse ever when I was there. She was so very sweet and compassionate the entire time. Gave us a hug when we finally had a success
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very fast appointments. Not too bad of a wait time. I understood the wait times as I know I always had a million questions and took longer sometimes. Willing to work with you on any appointments. Very compassionate towards everything you were going through. Always helpful.
Our insurance covered nothing. So most of our services were to be paid out of pocket. It was pretty costly especially the medicine but it was all worth it in the end
Louisville

I love Dr. Hunter. If not for his billing staff I would have never left. He explains everything very well, if it wasnt clear he gave you a paper with it all written down. I understood everything going on in my cycle.... From the moment you walk into the waiting room Angie knows who you are. The staff is so sweet and kind and usually quick with answers.
If you are going through IVF and your insurance has any coverage go ahead and run. Otherwise you will love Dr. Hunter.
The nurses were always quick to answer emails and phone calls. If you had a question you got it quickly resolved.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Billing. I was prepared to go through IVF. It took over a month to even get a total of how much it would cost. Then during that call the Billing specialist, Sasha said she was going to submit for a waiver to treat the lab as in network. 4 qqmonths later after MANY follow ups, and telling her we were just going to go elsewhere, she finally responds that as of 2 months ago they were no longer doing waivers. So I wanted 5 months of trying.
Billing was a nightmare. I got billed for things I have never been billed for (250 to thaw sperm?) And dealing with Sasha...
Louisville

Dr. Hunter is a great fertility doctor when t comes to Patient care. He is compassionate and he truly wants you to get pregnant!...email him with any questions- he will get in touch with you ASAP. Ask him the opinions he has for treatments and not based on your wants...Clomid and ovidrel for medicated IUI. Progesterone suppositories after treatment. Ovidrel for cyst removal...[Nursing Staff] They were not a huge part. Mostly in the room for Doctor hunter's needs.
He is very involved in treatment and is ready to help you in whatever way. He is willing to help you go as fast or slow in fertility treatment that you are ready for. He is super professional and knowledgeable.
Save your money for your services. Email him with any questions- he will get in touch with you ASAP. Ask him the opinions he has for treatments and not based on your wants.
They were not a huge part. Mostly in the room for Doctor hunter's needs. They are willing and able to answer any questions you have.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
It's a beautiful and up to date place. They have all the necessities for a fertility treatment facility. Great doctors and care. The secretary is on point knowing all the names of patients and being super helpful. Financial coordinators weren't great with helping insurance purposes.
It wasn't expensive but they tried to Get certain stuff covered by insurance.
Fertility and Endocrine Associates
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.

Dr. Hunter made efforts to not only help my wife and I conceive our first child, but he did so while advocating for our rights as a LGBTQ couple...Dr. Hunter was very prepared to assist us in anyway that he could if we had chose that route. He was also instrumental in taking time out of his already busy schedule to speak with our team concerning our alcase as well as to advocate on our behalf in conversations with the insurance company.
My wife and I have recently "graduated" from KFI and I must say that our experience with Dr. Hunter and his staff was incredible. Not only did Dr. Hunter take his time to make us feel at ease and help us conceive our first child, he also went above and beyond by advocating for our rights as a LGBTQ couple. We have loved our time at KFI and cannot wait to be back in December to introduce the team to our newest family member!
He will get you there.
Dr. Hunter made efforts to not only help my wife and I conceive our first child, but he did so while advocating for our rights as a LGBTQ couple. We battled with our insurance company over reciprocal IVF and although we chose to not pursue the case farther, Dr. Hunter was very prepared to assist us in anyway that he could if we had chose that route. He was also instrumental in taking time out of his already busy schedule to speak with our team concerning our alcase as well as to advocate on our behalf in conversations with the insurance company.
So helpful and great at putting my mind at ease
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They were friendly, efficient and personal
$1300 was our final bill
Louisville

He [Dr. Hunter] is clearly a very knowledgeable man on the subject of infertility and his passion for those struggling with it is very obvious. He is very detailed in his descriptions of everything that will going on or potentially going on. Took time to answer all of our questions no matter how bizarre they may have been...He took the time to get to know our specific situation and what are exact needs and expectations were...Don't be afraid to ask any questions or voice any concerns you may have, he will take care of whatever it is.
He is clearly a very knowledgeable man on the subject of infertility and his passion for those struggling with it is very obvious. He is very detailed in his descriptions of everything that will going on or potentially going on. Took time to answer all of our questions no matter how bizarre they may have been.
We are just now starting the actual IVF process. All I have done is an initial ultrasound and some labs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol and Sasha)
They have all been very informative and detailed in explaining each step along the way. They all also are very quick at getting back with you if you have any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Everything is all at one location. You dont have to go to a different location to get things done. It's a very clean and inviting facility.
$12,500 for basic package of doctor care. $4250 for genetic screening and between $3000-$7000 for drugs.
Depending on your age and specific circumstances surrounding your infertility Dr. Hunter will make the best suggestion. For us it will be multiple embryo transfer.
Louisville

Dr. Hunter was always honest with my husband and I about the process, and the emotional rollercoaster we may go through...gave us the best care. I know that he had our best interests in mind. He eased our worries and gave us clear explanations about our treatment. He was always willing to answer questions or address my concerns...the treatment or solution Dr. Hunter provides may not be an immediate fix. It may take time to see your results.
Dr. Hunter gave us the best care. I know that he had our best interests in mind. He eased our worries and gave us clear explanations about our treatment. He was always willing to answer questions or address my concerns.
To be patient the treatment or solution Dr. Hunter provides may not be an immediate fix. It may take time to see your results.
Not sure
Only intetacted with them for a short period of time. The nurses were always polite and helpful.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
When working with this clinic be patient, optimistic, and open-minded. Going through ferility treatment is rough and can require a lot of energy. So be willing to try different options and take the advice of the doctors.
Not sure varied throughout. Paid mostly for medication and ultra sounds.
Louisville

The care is very professional and they make you feel like that their only job is to get you pregnant although they have many other patients. I was really scared and upset at first but he [Dr. Robert Hunter] has eased that fear and made us hopeful... I'm starting clomid then will do an ultrasound and will take the injection drug for egg release...Great, personal care...Allow him to do his job. I'm one that likes to be in control of everything and this experience has made me realize I'm not always in control.
The care is very professional and they make you feel like that their only job is to get you pregnant although they have many other patients. I was really scared and upset at first but he has eased that fear and made us hopeful.
Great, personal care.
We are in the early processes. I'm starting clomid then will do an ultrasound and will take the injection drug for egg release.
The lady that took blood was awesome. She did great and I had very little pain. The nurse for my ultrasound was great too. She eased the nerves during the process.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very well designed state of the art. It is extremely clean.
Initial visit was $50. IUI procedure will be $350.
We haven't gotten that far yet.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Hunter is amazing. He tells me what plan he thinks is best but then always says that he is up for a discussion if I don't agree. Always asks if I have questions and address any concerns I may have. Dr Hunter went above and beyond explaining the risks for me and sent me to a high risk ob for consult...My first appoint with Dr Hunter was to get to know me, my story, my concerns, my experience. He listens and always asks if I have questions...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Immediately when walking in the door, Angie greets you by name. My first appoint with Dr Hunter was to get to know me, my story, my concerns, my experience. He listens and always asks if I have questions.
We used an antagonist protocol. I was on gonal F follistem and after the retrieval used Luton to rest my ovaries (birth control didn't do it for me) and then progesterone in oil, crinone and estrace
Carol is amazing. She replies to my emails quickly and always gives me the correct medicine/dosage in a calendar. My pharmacy is particularly hard to deal with and carol takes care of it every time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Hunter is wonderful! He has personally called me multiple times to explain all of my test/labs results, to explain everything to me in detail. He also has wonderful bedside manner and will take his time and answer all of your questions completely. YOu can tell he genuinely cares about you!...I emailed him at night once and he called me back immediately when he wasn't even in the office. He went above and beyond to help us. He genuinely cares about you and your family! Could not recommend him more!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He personally calls you to go over test results and takes the time to explain every thing to you. I emailed him at night once and he called me back immediately when he wasn't even in the office. He went above and beyond to help us. He genuinely cares about you and your family! Could not recommend him more!
You're in great hands!!!
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They are extremely organized! They always call you back immediately. The office it self is very clean. Everyone goes out of their way to answer your questions, and are all so friendly!
2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Robert Hunter] has a lot of experience and is very professional. He is kind and charismatic. Call the things by his name. He never hides any information. He is willing to answer your questions by phone if you are not with a scheduled appointment...The doctor agreed to transfer the two embryos because we always told him we wanted twins... stimulated my ovulation with hormone injection, then did ovarian puncture, fertilized them in the laboratory, and transferred them to me again. I do not have tubes. I was operated on the tubes so I need in vitro fertilization. Something like that more or less as I understand it
2017 - 2019
He has a lot of experience and is very professional. He is kind and charismatic. Call the things by his name. He never hides any information. He is willing to answer your questions by phone if you are not with a scheduled appointment.
If you want to have a happy pregnancy and optimal treatment, Dr. Hunter is the name of choice at Kentucky Fertility
I felt like a human because my doctor was always willing to explain our doubts, and answer our calls even on Sundays
Dr. Hunter stimulated my ovulation with hormone injection, then did ovarian puncture, fertilized them in the laboratory, and transferred them to me again. I do not have tubes. I was operated on the tubes so I need in vitro fertilization. Something like that more or less as I understand it
Very dedicated to his work, very professional
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
For me, it absolutely perfect. A very pleasant atmosphere. You feel trust, everything is always very clean, very good assistance from all the workers. A lot of hygiene, you do not have to wait more than 15 minutes to be attended. Only when you call by phone can you sometimes not communicate, it sends you to voice mail. But they always return the call
12 480
Louisville

He [Dr. Robert Hunter] just really nice and helpful. And explain everything to us and ask Us if we had questions or concerns. Told us all the steps and what he was going to do at every visit. Gave us his personal number and email Address and not all the doctors do that... The nurse [at Kentucky Fertility Institute] was very nice always called us when we called up there. When we arrive in the office they always so nice and always Ofer us something to drink and when they call us back always ask us if we had any questions and that our doctor would be back to see us soon.
He just really nice and helpful. And explain everything to us and ask Us if we had questions or concerns. Told us all the steps and what he was going to do at every visit. Gave us his personal number and email Address and not all the doctors do that
Wondeful
He just really nice
Haven’t start ivf yet
The nurse was very nice always called us when we called up there. When we arrive in the office they always so nice and always Ofer us something to drink and when they call us back always ask us if we had any questions and that our doctor would be back to see us soon.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They are one of the best. Clinic in the state of Kentucky. Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of the office but keep trying and they will get back to you as soon as they can. I would recommend this place to anyone so glad We found this place.
Not sure on the cost we just start the ivf process