Good

1800 Mistletoe Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-348-8145

IUI With Other Docs
Dr Kaufmann like to do the “Stairstep” method where he would start at a low dose of Femara and then if the results of the scans weren’t where he wanted he upped the Femara dose and added Clomid as well and after that round if he didn’t like the scan he would increase the dose even more... all within one cycle...was very hard to get a hold of, and I only saw him at my consulation appointment. We sat in his office and he wrote down my history. During that time I felt like he was annoyed and just trying to rush though the appointment. I was not impressed by his bedside manner in the least.
Fort Worth Fertility does not know how to treat as many patients as they take on. Their nurse is very unprofessional and hard to talk to, and through the whole thing I saw Dr Kaufman one time for the consultation. Even then, he acted like I was dumb for asking the questions that I did and that he didn’t have the time to discuss and talk to me about a treatment plan...Priscilla [nurse] was very hard to get a hold of, every call just went straight to voicemail and it would sometimes be days before she would return your call. She forgot to send in my prescription twice, and every time I did talk to her she would rush through the phone call and I wouldn’t even get the chance to ask questions or think about what she was saying.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr Kaufmann was very hard to get a hold of, and I only saw him at my consulation appointment. We sat in his office and he wrote down my history. During that time I felt like he was annoyed and just trying to rush though the appointment. I was not impressed by his bedside manner in the least.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Be prepared to be treated like a number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robert Kaufmann used in your cycles at Fort Worth Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
Priscilla was very hard to get a hold of, every call just went straight to voicemail and it would sometimes be days before she would return your call. She forgot to send in my prescription twice, and every time I did talk to her she would rush through the phone call and I wouldn’t even get the chance to ask questions or think about what she was saying.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Strengths- they allowed me to do my treatment and scans from another office so I didn’t have to travel multiple times a week. Weaknesses- bedside manner, communications, compassion, organization, time management
What specific things went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility?

2015, Consult
Dr.Kaufman talked highly about himself in the consult in a way that kind of seemed staged and not genuine. This was our second specialist and were hoping for a doctor with a warm bedside manor and that wanted to dig deep to see what issues were...We sat in the waiting for over an hour past our appointment. When we finally met with him I felt that he used the same speech with all his patients. It was not very personal and the environment did not seems warm and welcoming. He bragged how great of a doctor he was rather than letting us talk.
Clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] was very small, clean and overall okay. No dislikes in the clinic as a whole. For us I felt the it was over priced and charging $800 for outside monitoring was crazy. Dr.Kaufman did not want to do any test to see what was causing the infertility. We had already done at least 5 IUI's and felt like in hour journey we needed more testing. Dr.Kaufman talked highly about himself in the consult in a way that kind of seemed staged and not genuine. This was our second specialist and were hoping for a doctor with a warm bedside manor and that wanted to dig deep to see what issues were.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
We only went for a consult after a friend has a recommended him. We were not impressed with the initial consult. Dr.Kaufman and his nurses bragged how good he was and it felt a little played up for show. He didn't want research and test to see what was causing my infertility but rather start very over priced IUI. We ended up not perusing treatment due to the cost. They wanted to charge $800 just for having my Ob/Gyn do the follicle scans in my home town. My overall thought of him as a doctor was just average.
If you are looking for a doctor with a warm bedside manor than please choose another doctor.
It has been several years ago when we say Dr.Kaufman. He wanted to do Follistem with Clomid and IUI with positive ovulation predictor kit.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
We only had one or two interactions with the nurse and from what I remember she was nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Clinic was very small, clean and overall okay. No dislikes in the clinic as a whole. For us I felt the it was over priced and charging $800 for outside monitoring was crazy. Dr.Kaufman did not want to do any test to see what was causing the infertility. We had already done at least 5 IUI's and felt like in hour journey we needed more testing. Dr.Kaufman talked highly about himself in the consult in a way that kind of seemed staged and not genuine. This was our second specialist and were hoping for a doctor with a warm bedside manor and that wanted to dig deep to see what issues were.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility.
I'm not %100 on the cost so I don't want to lead anyone wrong. It was much more expensive than our last clinic.
Describe Robert Kaufmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fort Worth Fertility.
none
Fort Worth

I often felt like a number when I was being seen. He [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] didn't remember our names either. I often had to remind him of things that were significant and have had several friends say the same about him. He's a kind man with compassion though... He concluded there was no concrete reason for us not being able to conceive on our own or with our three IUIs. He always called after the results came in and made sure our questions were answered.
The office staff [at Forth Worth Fertility] came across as unorganized and overworked often times. Don't expect anyone to remember your name or recognize you even after repeated visits.... There was a lot of change over [of nursing staff] during a year of being there. They designate certain nurses to certain types of treatment which is helpful.... My husband was referred to another specialist and it took four phone calls to get paperwork sent to this new doctor, after all forms were signed and verified. Payment amounts always varied without explanation.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
I often felt like a number when I was being seen. He didn't remember our names either. I often had to remind him of things that were significant and have had several friends say the same about him. He's a kind man with compassion though.
Be sure to always ask questions. No question is a dumb question.
It often felt like more of a business transaction than a relationship.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
There was a lot of change over during a year of being there. They designate certain nurses to certain types of treatment which is helpful.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The office staff came across as unorganized and overworked often times. Don't expect anyone to remember your name or recognize you even after repeated visits.
Thankfully our insurance covered most of our IUI expenses once our deductible was met.
What specific things went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.