Good

Robert Kaufmann works at

1800 Mistletoe Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-348-8145

He [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] goes out of his way to make you laugh and to lighten the mood. When cycles fail he makes sure to call you that night, which is exceptionally amazing! The only thing is that he has too many patients. He’s super busy all the time.... He had too many patients for one Doctor. Always felt like I couldn’t ask the questions I wanted because they were always in a hurry.... Be your own advocate. Before you start IVF get the tests needed to make sure nothing else is wrong with you before paying $25k. Do the research, get your blood tested, go to your obgyn make sure you don’t have something else that could be wrong before starting.
Two of the IUI’s transfers were missed due to ovulating over the weekend. Because they [Fort Worth Fertility] don’t monitor iui patients over the weekend. That cost us about $5k this happened twice. When doing IVF they didn’t tell us that we needed to send in written consent on how many embryos we wanted sent to the lab. On day 5 we had one embryo and they tried to send it for PGS testing for $5k. Then told us it was our fault bc we didn’t send in a written statement on how many embryos we wanted sent or not sent to PGS testing. Would’ve been glad to send that letter if they had gone over that process with us. Thank god day 7 we got 3 more embryos and ended up with 4 to send for PGS testing.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He goes out of his way to make you laugh and to lighten the mood. When cycles fail he makes sure to call you that night, which is exceptionally amazing! The only thing is that he has too many patients. He’s super busy all the time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Victoria )
She was really good but she already left the clinic. She had only been there a year. They have major turnover at this clinic and if you’ve gone through IVF and a miscarriage with a nurse you don’t want to go through it with a different nurse. Especially one that just started...
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fort Worth Fertility.
Definitely like a cattle call with a ton of people in the waiting room. Didn’t like it at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility.
We spent about $10k for 4 IUI’s And $25k for IVF with PGS testing And $3K for a D&C with twins
Describe Robert Kaufmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fort Worth Fertility.
We transferred two
What specific things went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
Two of the IUI’s transfers were missed due to ovulating over the weekend. Because they don’t monitor iui patients over the weekend. That cost us about $5k this happened twice. When doing IVF they didn’t tell us that we needed to send in written consent on how many embryos we wanted sent to the lab. On day 5 we had one embryo and they tried to send it for PGS testing for $5k. Then told us it was our fault bc we didn’t send in a written statement on how many embryos we wanted sent or not sent to PGS testing. Would’ve been glad to send that letter if they had gone over that process with us. Thank god day 7 we got 3 more embryos and ended up with 4 to send for PGS testing.
Fort Worth
Dr. Kauffman was great for the most part. The only discouraging experience I had was when I asked him about the timing of my IUI since is didn't appear to be consistent with my BBT. I had no idea if charting was unreliable during medicated cycles and after the HCG injection. Maybe I was sensitive at the time, but his response made me feel embarrassed for even asking. Perhaps he took my curiosity is me questioning his knowledge/expertise.
The office [Fort Worth Fertility] doesn't confirm ovulation via ultrasound. They just use the HCG injection to time IUI. Not saying that doesn't work, because mine was timed well, just know that you won't have ultrasounds on IUI day or to confirm ovulation...The IUI is timed within 36 hours of the injection. The office is not open on weekends...[The nurses were] Informative. Friendly. Patient and willing to answer my questions...They aren't open on weekends, so everything is timed based on a M-F schedule. Strengths: open early. No long waits. Staff was clear and knowledgeable about insurance and my be responsibility as a patient. Quick lab results.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Just be ready to trust the process. The office doesn't confirm ovulation via ultrasound. They just use the HCG injection to time IUI. Not saying that doesn't work, because mine was timed well, just know that you won't have ultrasounds on IUI day or to confirm ovulation.
The treatments seemed to be pretty routine. I wasn't convinced that they took into account individual differences of clients. My first IUI was timed well though, so that was a positive. I also liked how he calls after results are received.
Describe the protocols Robert Kaufmann used in your cycles at Fort Worth Fertility and their degree of success.
Clomid, follicle monitoring until they reached an average of 16mm, then the nurse would advise when to take the HCG injection. The IUI is timed within 36 hours of the injection. The office is not open on weekends.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
Informative. Friendly. Patient and willing to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Because of my insurance's network, I had to pay oop for my husband's prep for IUI. Everything else was covered.
Not sure. Didn't move forward to IVF.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] is very nice and clean. You are in and out super quick if you are just there for lab work.... The nursing staff was not the most friendly group and I had a different nurse several times.... Approximately $1200 per IUI, not including the medications or trigger shots.... I have several large fibroids and I kept asking him if we needed to take care of them and he just kept saying that he didn't think they were affecting anything. I wanted to get a second opinion because I just felt like the fibroids were causing my infertility. I saw a different RE and it was decided in the first appointment that the fibroids could absolutely be affecting my fertility and taking all the blood supply from my uterus.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is an extremely nice doctor and has excellent bedside manner. However, we tried 3 IUI's and then he recommended IVF. I have several large fibroids and I kept asking him if we needed to take care of them and he just kept saying that he didn't think they were affecting anything. I wanted to get a second opinion because I just felt like the fibroids were causing my infertility. I saw a different RE and it was decided in the first appointment that the fibroids could absolutely be affecting my fertility and taking all the blood supply from my uterus. I had a mini-laparotomy last week and will be resuming the TTC journey in about a month! So overall, he is nice, I'm just not sure he considers all options before recommending IVF.
Be your own advocate. Ask questions and do your own research!
The staff was generally very personable, however there were times that I felt super rushed during my visits. There was also an instance in which Dr. Kaufmann instructed me to do timed intercourse when we had already decided to do IUI that cycle. I'm not sure if he got me mixed up with another patient or if he just forgot what our plan was.
I did 3 IUI's. All with clomid, trigger shot about 2 days before the insemination.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and clean. You are in and out super quick if you are just there for lab work.
Approximately $1200 per IUI, not including the medications or trigger shots.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Investment Banker
During the cycle he [Dr. Kaufmann] was fantastic. After we got our negative results he never called or returned by calls after each cycle...We did 2 cycles of iui with 50 mg clomid. My eggs were monitored by sonogram throughout the cycles. We uses a trigger shot on both cycles as well to release my eggs. I had 4-5 eggs each cycle... He was very comforting and made me feel at ease. Just very upset over the lack of communication after the treatments were done... The doctor didn’t call me explaining the results or what we should do next.
There were always protesters outside the clinic [Fort Worth Fertility]...they always made sure to keep the blinds closed to make sure we couldn’t see them and vice versa... I would suggest they give people a heads up if they have patients coming in....I was always greeted and treated fantastic...The doctor didn’t call me explaining the results or what we should do next. It was always a nurse leaving a message saying we got the results and it’s negative.... I knew a nurse through a mutual friend so I was always greeted and treated fantastic
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He was very comforting and made me feel at ease. Just very upset over the lack of communication after the treatments were done. I feel like because it didn’t work I was just tossed to the side and he was on to the next patient which makes me very hesitate to go back again.
Be comfortable with asking questions
During the cycle he was fantastic. After we got our negative results he never called or returned by calls after each cycle
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
I knew a nurse through a mutual friend so I was always greeted and treated fantastic not sure if that’s why but I felt like they all did such a great job. There were always protesters outside the clinic for some reason “science is against gods plan” signs and they always made sure to keep the blinds closed to make sure we couldn’t see them and vice versa
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The protesters aren’t really something they can help I guess but it is very uncomfortable. I would suggest they give people a heads up if they have patients coming in. Maybe a call letting them know the protesters are there. They were there quit a few times at my appts
Each iui treatment cost us around $1800-2,300
What specific things went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
Fort Worth
Dr K [Robert Kaufmann] was kind and took the time to listen to us. He was straightforward in his reccomendations and gave us our odds of conceiving and carrying to term. He took the time to listen and console us regarding our recent loss and he was ready to move forward whenever we were allowing us to set the pace.... Dr K was kind and compassionate. He took the time to listen to our story and comforted us regarding our loss and was ready to move at the pace we were comfortable with.
[Fort Worth Fertility had a] Slow check in process when coming in with semen for a SA. Time is of the essence and waiting in the waiting room with the sample is a bit nerve wrecking. Otherwise, everyone is kind and effiecent. Phone calls are returned promptly.... Dr K was kind and took the time to listen to us. He was straightforward in his reccomendations and gave us our odds of conceiving and carrying to term. He took the time to listen and console us regarding our recent loss and he was ready to move forward whenever we were allowing us to set the pace.
Fort Worth
After a failed IVF cycle with another doctor we received high recommendations for Dr Kaufman.... I wish if there saw only 1 or 2 eggs they would stop and restart...I never was informed of how many eggs they saw on the sonograms. Dr Kaufman was really friendly but I was left in the dark why he only retrieved 1 egg.... We started using lupron, garnelyx and follistim. Time specific for each medicine and they evaluated me every 2 days until the trigger shot.
Everyone [Fort Worth Fertility] was so friendly just wished they would have be more spoken about the number of eggs they saw on each sonogram and maybe stopped when they didnt see enough. They only retrieved 1 egg from me and led me to believe there was more... [Cost Of Treatment] 9700 for IVF cycle. Plus 6700 in medicines... After a failed IVF cycle with another doctor we received high recommendations for Dr Kaufman.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Ask every question you.. Dont hold back
He was very friendly and answered all my questions
After a failed IVF cycle with another doctor we received high recommendations for Dr Kaufman. We started using lupron, garnelyx and follistim. Time specific for each medicine and they evaluated me every 2 days until the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
They were friendly and helpful thru the process
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Everyone was so friendly just wished they would have be more spoken about the number of eggs they saw on each sonogram and maybe stopped when they didnt see enough. They only retrieved 1 egg from me and led me to believe there was more
9700 for IVF cycle. Plus 6700 in medicines