Available by cell phone
FellowshipUCLA
195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Kiltz to a friend?

4.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
I've never spoken with Dr. Kiltz. I have no idea what he's like. I've read that this is common with travel clients who are having remote cycle monitoring. Honestly, I only saw my last RE a handful of times and that was over 8 IUIs and almost 3 years. I was not expecting any hand-holding from an RE from across an international border...He signs your prescriptions and that's about it...I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was.
They [CNY Fertility Center] will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword...I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had...I'm a travel client, so I've had no face to face contact with anyone from the clinic. I've had a couple of phone conversations with nurses who seem very nice...Not specifically detailing my protocol is frustrating. Saying to just get all these meds and we'll figure it out later? What if I don't use them? They're not exactly sugar pills. They cost a lot of money.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
If you are a travel client having remote cycle monitoring, do not expect any communication from directly from Dr. Kiltz. He signs your prescriptions and that's about it. If you're having IVF I would imagine you'd see him on the days of retrieval and transfer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
This is my second RE, second clinic but first time IVF. I sent CNY my medical records and the results of any tests they asked me to take. They sent me a list of medications with little to no information on dosages and format. They just said to get all these meds and call us on your day 1. I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was. The list I got was as follows: 1. Gonal F 450 x 4 inject 225iu 2. hCG LH supplement (100iu/ml)x1 Inject 20 units subQ 3.Cetrotide .25mg x 6 4.Lupron trigger 4 mg 5.Prednisone 5mg x 60 1 twice daily 6. Prograf 0.5mg x 32 1 twice daily 7. Baby aspirin 81mg x 30 8. Zithromax ZPAK 250mg x 1 9. Cleocin Ovules 100mg box 10. Estrace 2mg x 60 1 twice daily 11. Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml x2 vials. Inject 50 mg IM 12. hCG 10,000iu trigger I guess they are waiting to explain how to take this medication when I call in my day 1? Like I said, this is my first IVF cycle. I had to look up most of these meds to try to figure out what the protocol is. From what I can gather from my own research is the protocol I'm on is a version of a down regulation short protocol.
I've communicated with several nurses. It's a bit frustrating because you're never sure if the nurse you're speaking to is up to date on all the details. They are always professional and kind but stingy with information. I never get a complete thorough answer to my questions and have repeated myself so many times.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is their number 1 strength and also the reason why everything else suffers. I am completely out of pocket so cost was my primary reason for going with this clinic. They will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword. They give hope to those who maybe they shouldn't and the volume of clients they see make if feel like you're just a number. I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
Single IVF costs $3900 US Includes retrieval, ICSI, anesthetic, assisted hatching and 1 fresh embryo transfer. Each frozen transfer done within 1 year costs $450 US That's easily a third the cost of any local-to-me clinic. Remote cycle monitoring is $150
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.

The clinic [CNY Fertility] is super busy and that means that I met a different nurse each time I went in and a different nurse responded to emails I wrote. A couple of times, that meant that the entire email thread wasn't read and that caused some miscommunication.... Super busy place and that's probably what makes it more affordable than other clinics. The cost of several things here, except IVF, might be close to what they might be elsewhere, especially if they are not in-house items
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We met Dr Kiltz once during the entire cycle and that was a random encounter while waiting for an ultrasound. The conversation was all about what the keto diet is and he certainly has super strong opinions on that. After the cycle and no seemingly viable embryo, I was expecting Dr Kiltz or someone from the office to call me to discuss the PGS results and potential options but nobody called us. I called the office and asked for Dr Kiltz's phone number (something I'd learned on FertilityIQ) and texted him asking him to call me back. He was pretty responsive and we talked on the phone a couple of days after the initial text message. During the conversation, I was hoping he would help me figure out what might be the next best thing to do but he mostly cited stats and said making the decision about what to do next was my call. While I appreciate that, I would've liked a little bit of guidance in the decision making process given that he's the experienced expert. I've already read plenty research papers and looked up stats on FertilityIQ and elsewhere! The final decision, of course, would've been mine. Those are the only two times I've talked to him in person and the rest of my interactions have been over text. He is very responsive over text though sometimes his one word responses might be a little tricky to decipher. I still appreciate him making himself available outside of the portal and clinic and he has been super supportive and with me through my most recent pregnancy and miscarriage.
Do your research. Read through all the relevant courses on FertilityIQ and go in with specific questions you want answered that you couldn't get answered elsewhere. There is a lot of information on the CNY website as well, especially if you are already going through the IVF process there and want to consider options like donor eggs/sperm, surrogacy etc.
The clinic is super busy and that means that I met a different nurse each time I went in and a different nurse responded to emails I wrote. A couple of times, that meant that the entire email thread wasn't read and that caused some miscommunication. The online system (portal) doesn't let you 'reply' to an email - you need to write a new message each time and that is a bit painful because you need to reference the content of the previous email to make sure the context is clear to whoever responds next. Overall, though, I thought the nurses took good care of me and continue to do so and treated me like a person. From what I read on FertilityIQ after my treatment was that I could've asked for the same nurse each time! I once asked that a particular nurse not do my ultrasound and that request was respected. Since my most recent miscarriage, I've been in communication with the nurses to keep up with dropping HCG labs and ultrasounds especially since I've moved to a new city and don't yet have an local OB. The nurses and Dr. Kiltz have been super responsive. I found Dr Kiltz's phone number on the CNY website and I've been talking to him throughout the process from embryo transfer to miscarriage to D&C to post D&C complications to future directions and he has been amazingly supportive.
My first consultation was with a nurse and she set the treatment protocol. From my point of view, there was no input from Dr Kiltz regarding anything though I have no idea what goes on in the background. I asked to see the nurse who designed my protocol during one of my monitoring sessions but was told she is unavailable and I didn't ask again. I think my first consultation would've been with a doctor had I waited 8+ months for a phone consultation appointment. I went with the onsite nurse consultation as I got an appointment within 4 months which then got moved up by a couple of months as a slot opened up.
Overall, I believe the nurses run the place and they are doing a pretty good job. Most of them seem to have a good bit of experience and are understanding and accommodating. I'm a bit less enthusiastic about the embryology team as some of them seem to have less than a year's worth of experience with no background in anything bio related. This is another thing I learned on FertilityIQ - to look for the nurses and other people on LinkedIn to get a sense of their education and experience. The nurses could've been more pro-active with changing my estrogen dosage based on monitoring results (blood and ultrasound). They didn't do it until I asked for it and one of the doctors suggested they increase my estrace dosage, which happened after many expensive monitoring visits. If you don't see your lining start to get thicker in 10-12 days, take charge and ask the nurses to review your protocol with a doctor and change it accordingly. I spent a frustrating month going for blood work and ultrasounds and not seeing much change. The whole process could've been faster and cheaper had I asked to get a doc involved early enough.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Super busy place and that's probably what makes it more affordable than other clinics. The cost of several things here, except IVF, might be close to what they might be elsewhere, especially if they are not in-house items, for example, medicines (third party pharmacy cost), PGS (third party diagnostic cost) etc. That being said, the difference in IVF cost here and other places is HUGE making it an easy win over other places. Low cost does not translate into poor care. You just have to be well informed (FertilityIQ can help) and take charge of the process (communicate with the nurses). If you want a dedicated care team, want to see a doctor on each visit, and want the clinic to be initiating a lot of conversations with you instead of you having to call/email them for information constantly, this may not be the place for you.
For retrieval: 2600 (medicines) + 4600 (IVF + biopsy) + 1235 (monitoring in Syracuse and once in a different state) + 2100 (PGS) + travel and lodging costs for the initial consultation and the IVF cycle + some cost for tests done right after consultation. For transfer: Lining prep medicines (don't remember exact number but likely under 250 as estrace and progesterone aren't as pricy as the retrieval meds) + monitoring (out of town so about 2000 because I was asked to go many times) + embryo transfer cost (varies if its part of IVF cycle or not) + travel and lodging costs for the embryo transfer + acupuncture cost ($70 for 2 sessions or 1, I don't remember) if you choose to do it before and after transfer.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
I didn't ask what the doctor's preference was. I went with my own idea about how many I wanted to transfer and nobody was opposed to it.
+ Read more- Read less

During the consultation phase of the IVF process, my brain was overwhelmed by information and questions. He [Dr. Kiltz] made me feel calm and supported as we decided together on what was best for me. I was seeking an individualized experience and so far he has made the time to give me confidence in the plan. He not only discussed the medical side of the process with me, he also discussed lifestyle and perspective.
To work with this clinic [CNY Fertility], you have to be on top of your stuff. If you are looking for hand holding and a passive approach to your care, I wouldn’t recommend this clinic for you. If you have a strong voice and have done your research, I think this is a great fit! They support the approach you feel best about while giving their guidance and opinions as well.... 4K for egg retrieval cycle with fresh transfer
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
During the consultation phase of the IVF process, my brain was overwhelmed by information and questions. He made me feel calm and supported as we decided together on what was best for me. I was seeking an individualized experience and so far he has made the time to give me confidence in the plan. He not only discussed the medical side of the process with me, he also discussed lifestyle and perspective.
He is a doctor in high demand, so do not expect him to reach out to you. However, if you have questions or concerns, you can expect him to respond quickly and with compassion.
I was feeling anxious about the protocol plan and the nurses weren’t aligned to what was agreed to on the phone with the doctor. I texted him about my concerns and frustrations early on a Saturday morning. I did not ask him to call me that day, nor did I expect an immediate response. He called me immediately! He listened and spoke with me about life and the stresses of this process like he was my friend.
His approach is 300 Gonal/Foll and 150 MEN to start. This is my first IVF cycle, so he made an insightful statement that gave me much needed perspective: “We have to shoot before we aim sometimes.” We don’t know how I’ll respond to the medications so we have to start with what we think will be best and adjust as we learn how my body responds. I came to him with studies about Early Egg Retrieval and protocols other REs were using for women my age and he was not only open to discussing them, he said he would go with whatever approach I felt best about. He said a moderate approach seems like a good start because even though I’m 44, I have normal AMH and low to normal AFC (7). He also addressed my concerns about endometriosis and the abdominal inflammation in my body by putting me on LDN and HGH to start. I will write about the results I’m a couple of weeks when we see how many eggs we retrieve and fertilize.
They are extremely busy and difficult to get in touch with. Done have been overly helpful, while others have made me feel like an inconvenience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
To work with this clinic, you have to be on top of your stuff. If you are looking for hand holding and a passive approach to your care, I wouldn’t recommend this clinic for you. If you have a strong voice and have done your research, I think this is a great fit! They support the approach you feel best about while giving their guidance and opinions as well.
4K for egg retrieval cycle with fresh transfer (if you wanted that), ICSI, and assisted hatching (laser). $450 per frozen transfer.
I was relieved that he follows the most relevant and up to date studies for women my age. He is supportive and encouraging about multiple embryo transfers for my age and situation.
+ Read more- Read less

I do not care for Dr Kiltz’s manner. I had several concerns about my cycle, including meds and protocol. He completely dismissed my concerns and pushed keto heavily, explaining any negative outcome away with my diet. He is not very active in care, it is managed almost entirely by nurses. I didnt get to speak to a doctor until ER. I saw him at transfer, and made an appointment for follow up.... My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated.
The cost of this clinic [CNY] is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.... Care is completely coordinated by travel nurses. I given conflicting information by different nurses on several occasions. They can be difficult to communicate with. The nurses in the facility were caring and efficient.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be sure to know exactly what you are doing. You need to know your meds, and what is best for you. You need to know your labs, when they should be done, what the expected values are, and what to request if they are not within limits. No one is going to help you through this process.
This is a very busy clinic. Genetic protocols are given. My requests for specific medications were denied without explanation. You almost never get to speak to a doctor. I didn’t get to talk to one until I was being prepped for ER.
I stimmed with 300 gonal f and 10 hCG/lh. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned about egg quality and was denied. I ended up with fair/poor 3 day embryos. I was encouraged to do a fresh transfer. My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated. By the time I knew, the embryos were already in me. Elevated tsh can cause chemicals and miscarriages. My cycle ended in a chemical.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very cost effective. I would only recommend them if it is all you can afford and your last choice. Care is coordinated almost entirely by nursing and they make frequent mistakes. It’s not cheaper if you have to repeat cycles due to their errors. You will see people say “you have to advocate for yourself.” That means know the meds, which are right for you, labs, values, treatments etc. Dr Kiltz believes that keto is the answer to everything and if anything goes wrong in the cycle, diet is blamed. Use caution.
The cost of this clinic is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.
CNY does not usually allow multiple embryos transferred. Because mine were fair to poor and 3 day, I was allowed to transfer two.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Kiltz] went out of his way to talk to us and make us feel comfortable and welcomed at CNY... called my husband personally and set up a new plan for us when our cycle did not work. He changed my meds and had us freeze our embryos on day 3. He answered all of our questions and was very helpful...They did a sperm extraction on my husband and ICSI. They decided to freeze our embryos on day 3. They froze 4 embryos. One is rated good and 3 are rated fair. We did not transfer them yet.
You have to be you’re on advocate when it comes to CNY. There are not enough nurses for the amount of patients and you need to fight sometimes to get your questions answered...Brenley was amazing! She took the time to answer any questions we had and was always willing to talk. She was the only nurse there that didn’t rush when I talked to her...It’s very affordable, but we did have one issue where they misquoted a procedure for my husband and now are making him pay the new price.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz called my husband personally and set up a new plan for us when our cycle did not work. He changed my meds and had us freeze our embryos on day 3. He answered all of our questions and was very helpful.
He went out of his way to talk to us and make us feel comfortable and welcomed at CNY.
The first cycle we used Menopur and Follistim. My husband gave a fresh sperm sample and we used ICSI. We only had one embryo survive to day 5. We did a 5 day fresh transfer and it did not work. The second time, Dr. Kiltz put me on Menopur only. They did a sperm extraction on my husband and ICSI. They decided to freeze our embryos on day 3. They froze 4 embryos. One is rated good and 3 are rated fair. We did not transfer them yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brenley)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The price is definitely a strength of CNY. We wouldn’t be able to afford IVF if it wasn’t for the price. The atmosphere of CNY is great too. It’s so relaxing and the staff work hard to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. One negative thing is there are so many patients and not enough nurses. You truly have to be you’re own advocate and call multiple times to get someone to answer you.
Dr. Kiltz suggested one embryo for our fresh day 5 transfer and 2 embryos for our frozen day 3 transfer.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!...Recommend transferring one embryo...We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available
Our communication with them [CNY Fertility Center] so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is early but so far has been awesome. We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available. He is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!
Have questions & plans of actions ready to go. They can be quick with you, but they are running a large clinic with a lot of patients trying to offer affordable fertility treatment to as many patients as they can, which is a great thing! If you’re thinking of trying a new protocol or med, just ask! They seem very open & Dr. Kiltz actually promotes that openness in his nightly virtual chats!
We are working with CNY Fertility from afar, as travel patients. Our communication with them so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
egg retrieval & IVF. Can start as soon as we are ready to get medications, secure monitoring with a local doc, & make plans to travel to NY!
Very good at communicating & knowledgeable! I have noticed you talk to a lot of different people / nurses though. That’s fine with me though, I understand it’s a large clinic seeing a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I wish they were closer or had a location in Michigan!!! I know they’re growing & offering a lot of state of the art treatment & procedures which I think is great! I am so excited to travel to the Syracuse Clinic, from reviews I’ve read & pictures I’ve seen online, it looks very nice. Like a spa.
$3,900 for IVF plus add-one we are still looking into (ex embryo glue & PRP - these will add a couple extra hundred dollars). Plus, mediation that was quoted around $2,500 & travel. This is still significantly cheaper than the $20,860 we were quoted by a local RE for IVF!
Recommend transferring one embryo , although when it’s time, I’m going to ask about transferring two as well as PRP & embryo glue.

2020
Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour on the phone with my husband and I discussing our health, history, and steps moving forward. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and professionally. We could tell he was passionate about his work and we are beyond hopeful to finally do this and hopefully will be carrying our first baby within the near future. I can text or call him and he responds right away. I haven’t emailed him yet, but there is that route available if necessary...took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Whenever I email the nurses [at CNY Fertility Center], they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages...Their nursing and financial team are great. Dr. Kiltz is great. Unfortunately I haven’t dealt with anyone else. They make IVF affordable for all who are trying to achieve their dreams of having children. I didn’t receive the greatest care at other fertility places but at CNY, they treat you with respect, like family and they have monthly IVF grants to help pay for IVF cycles. I’m excited for this journey and for CNY to help my husband and I become first time parents!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have not yet begun my IVF process since I am waiting for my first cycle to arrive so I can start. When my husband and I consulted with Dr. Kiltz, he was friendly, engaging, explained things so that we’d understand, and offered his cell phone, email and told us to contact him whenever if we had further questions or concerns. What doctor does that??? I have not met a doctor that offered their private cell phones to patients!
You will love him!
Dr. Kiltz took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Whenever I email the nurses, they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages.
He is affordable!!!!!
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kiltz was amazing. He responded promptly and was encouraging. I called his cell phone once accidentally and he insisted I talk to him about my concern which was meant for nursing. He made me feel hopeful.... I was prescribed gonal f, menopur and cetrotide with IUI. I am 41 years old and my egg reserve is low. The gonal f stimulates you to produce eggs. Menopur helps them mature. Cetrotide prevents ovulation until you have IUI.
Appointment scheduling [at CNY] is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.... Marnie was direct, compassionate and knowledgeable. It made a huge difference seeing one specific nurse each time.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz treated my best friend and he changed her life. My friend encouraged me not to give up and that was very encouraging. Her story is amazing. Dr. Kiltz is very personable and positive in his interactions with patients. He was always kind to me and helped me to feel hopeful. I am hoping to move onto IVF next and fulfill our dream of having a baby. Because I am a healthcare practitioner myself, I feel I am in a unique position to help others. I highly recommend Dr. Kiltz to anyone experiencing infertility.
Hang in there, he keeps his promises.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnie Pierce)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Appointment scheduling is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.
My insurance is terrible and doesn't cover anything. I spent nearly 20,000 for the three cycles of IUI that I completed. I was devastated that I was not successful. My company has a self funded insurance plan and unfortunately will not implement the changes required by NYS healthcare law mandating coverage of 3 IVF cycles. I am hopeful I will qualify for the IVF grant. This would make IVF possible for my husband and I.
+ Read more- Read less

This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and [Dr. Kiltz] came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me...I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most...Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate...I absolutely love this clinic and feel like this is the right fit for me. I do Not love talking to the “main” number. I wish I could easily call the Buffalo clinic where they know me personally. I Do like that each cycle if something isn’t working we move onto something else. It’s also nice to have the patient portal and it’s good to see test results right away. Also having your instructions for medicines is nice to have on the patient portal.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most. I was having a horrible week with work and PCOS just makes you emotional haha. I was Starting to lose hope and cried my eyes out at my appointment. The nurses called him in and he gave me a really good “get back on the horse” pep talk. I know He was probably busy but I appreciated he took the time to talk to me.
This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and Dr K came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me.
So far it’s been 2 cycles at CNY first cycle we started with the Femara, then Gonal injections. I ended up with 2 follicles but had issues with my lining. First cycle ended with trigger shot and times intercourse. Which resulted with a negative pregnancy test. Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Z)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$40 per office visit which included bloodwork and ultrasound. Medicine is covered only if For timed intercourse $450 for IUI and medicine was not covered

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Kiltz sees many patients so it is not always easy to get time with him. However when it’s very important he makes time. I see the nurses every visit and if I can’t communicate with him directly I can do so through the nursing staff...prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own...For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol...makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Because it is low-cost [at CNY], we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics...Niccole [nurse] has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I would tell them to not expect a lot of handholding and that they should be prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own.
Dr. kilts, despite treating thousands of patients, makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Initially I was started on a high dose protocol, 450 gonal and 150 menopur. I also primed with Omnitrope before beginning my cycle. This protocol resulted in cancellation due to poor response. The next cycle we went with 150 gonal/75 menopur and four follicles were retrieved. Two were mature, and only one fertilized which was frozen at day three. For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Niccole Davey)
Niccole has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Because it is low-cost, we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics.
$3900 per ivf cycle
CNY encourages single embryo transfer, however with women over 40 they are open to multiple.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered....For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation.... Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer,
The clinic [CNY] is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered. You can easily see the amount of love and passion he has for his profession and truly cares for his patients.
Dont be afraid to ask too many questions.
He has an incredible bedside manner, is full of compassion and positivity, and makes you feel very comfortable and at home.
For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation. Unfortunately the prograf did not agree with me (caused fevers) and I had to stop taking it. Unfortunately that transfer did fail. I have one embryo left and will be doing a FET, but we have not discussed protocol yet.
All of the nurses I have seen were amazing. Very personable, compassionate and knowledgeable. I also would use the patient portal when I didnt have time to call or after hours and always received a quick response. They are a great team at CNY
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them. I feel there should be a better system to prevent this from happening.
Monitoring costs such as bloodwork and ultrasounds during my cycles. HSG Xray, Hysteroscopy and IUI. My insurance does not cover IVF, so I was able to use CNY's payment plan for that. It is a monthly payment automatically deducted from your credit or debit card. You choose the length of the loan.
Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer, hoping that we would have a better success rate.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
My Doctors are Doctor Kiltz and Corley. They are great. They explain everything in detail. They answer any questions I have, and are very kind and caring. They allow me to make decisions about my treatment after arming me with the knowledge that they have.... [Eset Approach] We have not talked about this yet. I want to transfer two, but I want to discuss the risks with having pcos and having multiple transferred, vs. ESet.
The clinical team [CNY Fertility] can be rude. I called to ask a question about if my protocol was ready like I was told to, and the nurse used a tone that was not appropriate.... I do not like that I have to make contact with the clinic after my procedures to have a follow up. I feel that they should contact me with results and next steps after they have the results. I had to wait a month because I had to call and schedule an appointment. Other than that, it has been great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My Doctors are Doctor Kiltz and Corley. They are great. They explain everything in detail. They answer any questions I have, and are very kind and caring. They allow me to make decisions about my treatment after arming me with the knowledge that they have. We have been able to learn a great deal and in just a couple months. I do not like that I have to make contact with the clinic after my procedures to have a follow up. I feel that they should contact me with results and next steps after they have the results. I had to wait a month because I had to call and schedule an appointment. Other than that, it has been great.
Follow up, call them. You have to be the one to keep the ball rolling.
Not by doctor Kiltz or Doctor Corley. They treat me well, it is their staff. The clinical team can be rude. I called to ask a question about if my protocol was ready like I was told to, and the nurse used a tone that was not appropriate.
I do not have that yet.
Most of the time when I call the nursing staff, they are rude and short. They do not show compassion or understanding.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They offer a lot of things. The wait can be long but they move you up as quickly as they can. They do not follow up after hsg, bloodwork, and SA with an appointment unless you schedule one. They let you decide on your treatment. I had a choice of iui or IVF starting out.
They are cheaper than average. Out of pocket are 3900 not including meds and monitoring. I am being charged more though, because I have some insurance coverage. It’s still expensive.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Kiltz] had great bedside manner, but I rarely saw him and almost never actually spoke to him. And at one transfer he kept us waiting for nearly 2 hours after acupuncture, which seemed to negate the purpose of the acupuncture... The first transfer was very straight forward with most meds typical for IVF. The second transfer after the miscarriage they added provera when my lining was too thick for 5 months. Then they added low dose naltrexone
When you go to a clinic that is out of town, it can be very hard to get proper communication and advocacy for you, so you really have to advocate for yourself. The clinic [CNY] is extremely clean and relaxing with a lot of options for care. The staff is caring and seems to care about your success...There were a few times that I had to request a med refill more than once because they failed to send it the first time I asked.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He had great bedside manner, but I rarely saw him and almost never actually spoke to him. And at one transfer he kept us waiting for nearly 2 hours after acupuncture, which seemed to negate the purpose of the acupuncture
Don’t be afraid to call a lot and ask a ton of questions. Ask for things to be over-explained and write it down.
They genuinely cared about what I was going through and worked to explain things well
The first transfer was very straight forward with most meds typical for IVF. The second transfer after the miscarriage they added provera when my lining was too thick for 5 months. Then they added low dose naltrexone when I finally went for the transfer and they added intralipids prior to transfer. This pregnancy lasted longer, but still ended in miscarriage.
Sometimes it took a little too long to get answers, but for the most part they were extremely knowledgeable, caring, and very helpful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you go to a clinic that is out of town, it can be very hard to get proper communication and advocacy for you, so you really have to advocate for yourself. The clinic is extremely clean and relaxing with a lot of options for care. The staff is caring and seems to care about your success
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
You have to schedule them with your doctor in your area. They just provided the orders
3,900 for the IVF including the fresh transfer and the first year of storage. $250 for each transfer in the first year. Meds not covered at all, for the retrieval and first transfer meds were $3,500 for me. Storage fees are $350/yr after the first year.
When I chose to do a single transfer he was very encouraged and told me that I had a higher chance for success with one. But he would have done either way if I had chosen.

2013 - 2019
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge.... He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?"
The nursing staff [CNY] was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
2013 - 2019
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge. The whole experience was so posititve that we were really sad to here he didn't do OB and we had to find an OB after we were 12 weeks pregnant. He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?" He offers free yoga for fertility, free webinars and support groups, and even hosts a yearly event at our local zoo-for free! He really knows what he is doing. He is smart, caring, compassionate, and will do everything in his power to help you achieve your goals. It was a really great experience!
Sometimes he can get really excited about a new diet he is recommending or similar life style changes. Take it with a grain of salt and know he is just trying to help you succeed.
Dr Kiltz knew me by name and was interested in what was going on in my life. He took the time to get to know me and my partner and he treated me with compassion and kindness
I told him I didn't want to have a bunch of extra embryos after our first transfer and that I didn't want to be heavily medicated. He had the perfect solution. We did a very conservative IVF cycle with minimal medication and we got the outcome we desired. He knew exactly what to do and what I needed.
The nursing staff was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean, welcoming, clinic. feels like you are entering a resort rather than a doctors office. The ambience is spot on with beautiful and comfortable furnishings and a nicebig fireplace. The staff are so kind and welcoming. They mkae you feel loved and respected and I highly recommend them!
The clinic is VERY busy so I didn't always have the best timed appointments, but fair enough. I usually had to wait a bit in the waiting room to be seen but they do their best to see you as quickly as possible.
between $8,000-$10,000 for one round of IUI and one round of fresh IvF cycle. The IVF is around $3,900 but the meds cost $2,000-$4,000.
I wouldn't say he had a strong preference for how many embryos transfered. With my age, he recommended two and we had twins! We were happy!

2017 - 2019
I feel he [Dr. Kiltz] was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.... I think he gave me the best options that I was ready for right now, will most likely be moving on to more advanced treatment in the next couple months if we have no luck. I believe it will be easier to tell his involvement then as now there’s not a lot he can do with us trying the fertility medications along with monitoring.
Sometimes long wait times [at CNY] even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Gather all of your questions for the consultation so he can give you the most informed options for you.
I feel he was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.
All of the nurses I’ve encountered for monitoring, blood work ultrasounds have been friendly and made the process easy and answered all questions I had while there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Sometimes long wait times even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range. Otherwise your left to google the results and hope you come up with the right answer. I’d prefer either a description on the portal or a quick phone call letting me know the results.
Unfortunately our insurance doesn’t cover anything towards fertility or the testing. We haven’t gone to far in to the advanced treatments yet but they did offer a financial team to help if needed.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best....My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily
The clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low.... At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Before meeting Dr. Kiltz I would watch his "fireside chats" that he has on facebook live every Sunday. I immediately gathered that he really cares about the work he is doing as most doctors do not give up an hour of their Sunday to answer questions from patients. When finally meeting Dr. Kiltz in person for my first embryo transfer he was very warm and pleasant. A right down to business kind of man. He seemed very confident and it comforted me how confident he was. The transfer that he did failed, but I believe it was not attributed to anything with Dr. Kiltz. My experience with his has been good, and I believe he puts his heart into making people's dreams come true.
I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best. Don't fear being judged or scolded, use your voice!
Interaction with the Nurse Practitioners in the facility is always pleasant and personal. At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at. Instead there is a call center in a neutral location so you can never get any of the physicians on the phone for questions. This leads to many communication breakdowns, and luckily I am a nurse so my knowledge keeps me afloat throughout this process.
My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg daily, Metformin 1500mg daily. I was on an auto-immune protocol so that is the reason for the antibiotic, steroid, and Naltrexone. The Metformin in for my PCOS. I triggered with Lupron to also avoid OHSS. This protocol did not stimulate my ovaries as hoped and only 8 eggs were retrieved, with 5 embryos being produced, and 2 embryos making it to blasts. I did a fresh embryo transfer after the retrieval, producing a chemical pregnancy. We transferred our last embryo 11 days ago, and I received the negative hCG today. My protocol for the frozen transfer was Estrace 2mg twice daily, Prednisone 10mg twice daily, LDN 3mg daily, Neupogen 60mcg daily, Aspirin 81mg daily, Prograf 0,5mg daily, Lovenox 60mg daily, Endometrin 300mg vaginal daily, Progesterone in oil 50mg IM daily. This transfer was not successful.
The nursing staff is very busy, but they always take the time to answer any questions you have. The are very skilled in their areas of expertise such as trans-vaginal ultrasounds, lab draws, protocol explanation. The seem to understand that we are all going through incredibly difficult situations, and work to make a calm yet efficient environment to get the job done.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low. The waiting room can get very busy, but there is plenty of comfortable, private seating and multiple restrooms. The lobby has hot tea and reading material. I always feel very comfortable going to the clinic. The wellness/spa side of the clinic is in fact a full spa with all of the amenities. I would highly recommend utilizing the spa services during your treatments. Utilize everything they offer to calm yourself during this experience!
The egg retrieval is $3900, on site monitoring is $825. Fresh transfer is included and frozen transfer is $250 with $700 on site monitoring fee. Intralipid infusion $100+meds. hCG intrauterine wash per transfer $100+meds. All medications are a separate cost through a specialty pharmacy.
Due to my age and no previous failed transfers we only had the option of doing a single embryo transfer. I intend to push for a multiple embryo transfer if our next retrieval yields enough embryos.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Kiltz is very nice and an amazing doctor. He called my husband and me after our second embryo transfer cycle failed. He showed compassion towards us. He fully explained the process during the call, but at that point it was too late. My husband and I were extremely hurt and had so many unanswered questions. We asked if tests could be ran to see why the cycles failed.... After the first cycle failed, the doctor advised us to transfer the last two embryos for the second cycle.
During my first embryo transfer in January, I was treated like a queen. My experience at the clinic [CNY] was like none other. When I came back in March for the second embryo transfer, I definitely felt like a number.... As it was told to me, "something happened" to one of our embryos during the freezing process. I have no idea what happened. All I know is that we were left with two embryos after the first transfer, and we were told that they were going to get us a baby either way. Needless to say, both cycles failed and still no baby.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very nice and an amazing doctor. He called my husband and me after our second embryo transfer cycle failed. He showed compassion towards us. He fully explained the process during the call, but at that point it was too late. My husband and I were extremely hurt and had so many unanswered questions. We asked if tests could be ran to see why the cycles failed. I recommended fertility patients need to go through counseling prior to starting treatment because no one can prepare patients for any mental effects it may cause. This process affected me mentally. Months later I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder.
PLEASE SEEK COUNSELING!!! This is an extremely hard process!
During my first embryo transfer in January, I was treated like a queen. My experience at the clinic was like none other. When I came back in March for the second embryo transfer, I definitely felt like a number. So many people are learning about CNY because of the cost, so a lot of people are going there. Dr. Kiltz is an amazing doctor. However, I feel as if the process was rushed the second time, and when the cycle failed my husband and I were left with a lot of unanswered questions. We are interested in trying again, but we are also afraid because we do not know what the problem is. We do not know if there is an issue with my uterus, embryo quality, sperm quality, etc.
o Desogen 1 Pack, Take 1 tablet by mouth daily until instructed to stop. o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) 4.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth daily at bed time o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Cleocin Vaginal Ovules 100 mg, Insert 1 suppository vaginally at bedtime o Endometrin 100 mg, 1 tablet vaginally twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly once daily Before starting second cycle: 1) When you start your period, have an HSG (hysterosalpingogram) sometime between CD 5-12. An order for this has been uploaded fo your patient portal. 2) Complete an endometrial scratch between cycle days CD# 20-22. An order for this has been uploaded to your patient portal. 3) Call the office when you start your period AFTER the HSG and scratch are done. At this time, we will give you an order for baselines, call you once the results are received, and provide instructions on when to start the FET preparation medications (estrace, etc.) 4) Complete an Intralipid Infusion when you start your estrace, then repeat the day prior to FET with an HCG wash, then weekly. I have ordered the Intralipids and the HCG wash to Integrity for you. We will provide you orders for the Intralipid Infusion once we have dates (which we'll know once you start the period after the HSG and scratch.) 5) Start Neupogen injections when you start your estrace--this medication and the appropriate syringes have been ordered to Integrity for you and we'll provide you further instructions after your baseline. 6) Start Prograf 2 days prior to your FET. This has been ordered to Integrity for you. 7) Start Lovenox and Baby Aspirin when you start your estrace. The Lovenox has been ordered to Integrity and the Baby Aspirin (81mg) can be purchased over the counter. 6) Start plaquenil 200mg twice daily now. Then, stop it once you start estrace so that you can switch to Prograf. 7) Continue LDN 4.5 mg each night at bedtime. o Neupogen 300 mcg, Inject 60 mcg (0.2ml) subcutaneously once daily as directed o Lovenox 30 mg, Inject (1) prefilled 30 mg syringe subcutaneously once daily o hCG- Uterine Wash 500 IU, Intrauterine wash- in office as directed AT 10AM o Intralipids 20 %, 100 ml bag- Infuse 100ml as directed- 10AM
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elisabeth Sudik)
Elisabeth was good about informing me on what I need to do through the process. She was very responsive when I emailed her or called.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Providing affordable treatment plans is definitely a strength. In my opinion, me being treated like a number during the second cycle and being left with so many unanswered questions are weaknesses. I am glad that they now offer counseling services. A healthy mental state is strongly advised for such a process.
Affordable
Yes, we were educated. Five eggs were retrieved but only four embryos were formed. We had one embryo to be transferred for the first cycle. "Something happened" to one of the embryos during the freezing process, so we were left with two. After the first cycle failed, the doctor advised us to transfer the last two embryos for the second cycle.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF...we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that...Be prepared for a LOT of energy--Dr. Kiltz runs on keto and coffee! Also, be prepared to try the keto diet/lifestyle...it truly has helped my husband and I...We did 3 different IUI cycles (none resulted in pregnancy). And we did one fresh embryo day 5 transfer, which at the moment I AM pregnant! The IVF they called a "mini" IVF because they didn't put as many medications into me.
The reception staff [at CNY Fertility Center] are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you...Well-oiled machine here. You may have to wait a couple hours, but they will try to get you in as soon as possible...just be patient (bring a book and fully-charged phone).
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF. Dr. Corley did my egg retrieval (Dr. Corley also did my HSG test) and then Dr. Kiltz we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that. Overall, I love BOTH Dr. Kiltz and Dr. Corley--you can't go wrong with either, honestly.
Everyone at the office is always kind and helpful (always willing to answer any questions) and take their time with you if you ask for it.
All of the nurses at CNY Syracuse are amazing. Sometimes, they are very rushed though, so remember to have your questions ready to ask!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The reception staff are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you.
After reading about other clinics--this is the place to go if you want real affordable health care.
Dr. Kiltz recommended a single embryo transfer for us because of my age (I'm 29) and because it was my first ever transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

strategy for my embryo transfer [with Dr. Kiltz] was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks...I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
Being a large practice [CNY Fertility Center], I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection...Sometimes it is difficult to trust that the staff will be on top of everything because of the high volume of patients, so I felt that I needed to stay on top of everything and double check and question every step of the process.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did my embryo transfer. My appointment was a few hours late because some of his other appointments ran late. My transfer felt very rushed, but he was very pleasant during the procedure. I was hesitant that it would work because of how quick it was, but I did get a positive pregnancy test.
Make sure that you ask questions and double check everything because this practice sees a large volume of clients and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
This practice sees a large volume of clients, and they are very busy. I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
My strategy for my embryo transfer was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks. I also had a previous ERA done, so for this protocol, an extra day of progesterone before transfer was added (6 days).
Being a large practice, I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice. It feels more like a spa than a medical clinic. The only weakness I would say is that sometimes the appointments run late because they see such a high volume. The atmosphere is very peaceful and clean.
Embryo transfers scheduled within one year of an egg retrieval were $250, so that was very reasonable. The fee for outside monitoring was $150. The medications for this one embryo transfer were around $200, but insurance covered most of them.

Immunological, Unexplained
[Dr. Kiltz is] incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those...We have had 2 FET with Dr. Kiltz and both times we asked to transfer two embryos which he agreed to...is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
The [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc...We have spent around $10,000 including IVF, monitoring, medications, and FET which is significantly less than what we paid at our first clinic...Since CNY offers a low cost IVF cycle they are incredibly busy. I have found that the more active an advocate for myself the more feedback I get. They are always willing to answer my questions and to take the time to explain anything I might not understand. Although, this was our second round of IVF (first with CNY) I was already familiar with the general "process".
Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very engaging and passionate. He listens and is willing to "think out of the box" with treatments. We found him after our first round of IVF resulted in zero live births. That clinic was unwilling to try different treatments or protocols for a FET. Dr. Kiltz adjusted my FET protocol after the first one failed.
He's incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those.
Dr. Kiltz is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
We did down regulation with BC followed by 9 days of stims. Included in CNY's low cost IVF cycle is ICSI which is part of the reason I believe we ended up with so many embryos (14 total).
The are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Kiltz] is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it)
This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.... It's comfortable. It's relaxing. I was a little confused at the end about billing, but they are totally willing to answer questions. Some people have told me that the wait would be long, but we never had to wait more than 10 minutes.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it) and would make sure I was healthy before we did retrieval. After surgery, he explained to my husband that it was a "war zone" in there, and he now understood why we were concerned. He still saw no reason as to why IVF would not work for us.
Take the Keto info with a grain of salt. Do not let it derail you. Yes, it can be done, and yes, there will be benefits, but it is *not* for everyone. I need it to manage my inflammation due to endometriosis. But it should not be how you are judged. You can cut carbs and get similar results. :) He knows his R.E. area, and he is very supportive once in there.
He was explaining the surgery to me, and I started to get upset, and he came over, sat next to me, held my hands, and whispered that it would be okay, we would come through this, we would have a baby. But first, the surgery needed to take place so I could be healthy enough for that baby. He said he would do everything possible to keep my ovaries, and in the end, he did.
July: Myomectomy, Hysteroscopy, Cystectomy to treat Endometriosis Stage IV and scar tissue from drained cyst in December. Late July: 11.25mg leuprolide to keep endo at bay while I heal from surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was very informative. She wasn't touchy-feely, but she was able to answer all of our questions, and deal with me being a complete emotional wreck. She also helped us understand the keto lifestyle's benefits and drawbacks. Danielle was able to draw my blood, though I rarely have good veins. She was in and out in a pinch, which was fantastic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Insurance covered my costs.
He mentioned while prepping for surgery we would probably want to try for one due to the severity of my endo.
+ Read more- Read less

First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him... I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally...After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP.
[The nurses at CNY had] Long fake fingernails. Did not monitor me very closely after egg retrieval (was frequently out of the room and left me alone). Had zero compassion for the fact that I just wasted thousands of dollars to get no eggs. Still handed me card with my embryologist's name and instructions for transfer meds and betas after getting no eggs at retrieval...I have experienced just about every minor inconvenience a person could have experienced with this clinic, but chalked it up to it being a large clinic. It was really the last egg retrieval and the fact that the cycle was even allowed to start that made me extremely dissatisfied with this clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I kind of explained it all when I talked about not feeling like a human. I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally.
Don't do it. Save your money and go to a real fertility clinic. The more I think about it, the more dangerous a place CNY seems to me. People come there desperate. People come there and spend every last dime they have. This place does not care at all about your safety or emotional wellbeing. It is almost like they take advantage of people in their desperation.
First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him. After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP. She set the appointment, but she didn't call at our appointed time. After sending several more calls and emails, I finally got a follow up with the NP. She suggested that I do a mini-IVF moving forward. I voiced concerns that I had not had success with those in the past. She said it would be better this time because I had been on Omnitrope and would take menopur during the cycle. I reluctantly agreed. She did say that she wanted to make sure I was "suppressed" when I started the cycle. I had my baseline. I had several follicles over 10 mm and an LH of over 11. I was prepared to have to wait until next cycle. A nurse called me and told me to start my meds. I expressed concern. She said she would contact the NP who made my protocol. She called back and said she couldn't get ahold of that NP but she talked to another "provider" and it was ok to start. I got to the "egg retrieval". I was left several times alone in the OR before and after the procedure (including post anesthesia). The OR was cluttered and dusty. The nurse taking care of me had long, fake fingernails. The anesthesiologist did not wear a cap over his hair piece. A speculum was inserted while I was still awake but without warning me that they were inserting a speculum. I remember being concerned that they were going to start before I was asleep so I told them I was still awake. I then went to sleep. When I woke up, I was told that they got no eggs. I only had cysts. I again said that this cycle should have never been started because I had 14mm follicles at base line. The Dr. (Dr. Corley) said it was fine for them to have started me with such big follicles. I was charged my new payment plan amount that included both cycles with CNY three days later, even though I had signed a contract stating that the new higher amount would begin in the following month.
First cycle: Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, max dose of gonal F/menopur, cetrotide, 5 mg Predisone, Tacrolimus, Cleocin, Z-pack, IM and vaginal progesterone, vaginal estrodial. Rationale: DOR, Results: 1 embryo, no pregnancy Second cycle: Letrozole, Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, 225 gonal F, menopur, ganirelix, 10 mg prednisone. Rationale: If a lot of meds only make 1 egg, why not sped less money to only make 1-2 eggs. Results: painful cysts, no eggs
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic's strengths are that they are really cheap. Plus they see so many patients that someone has to get pregnant at some point, so maybe a new patient might win that lottery. Weaknesses: Not compassionate, knowledgeable or safe
Cycles are $3900 plus monitoring plus meds.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr kiltz is knowledgeable and he cares about the patient.... He gave us his cell number to call him or message him. It does take a while sometimes to hear back as he has a lot of patients. It can be confusing as the nurses run most of the show... He came in to speak with me multiple times retrieval day and after he knew I was nervous to get no mature eggs and did everything to assure me we would figure it out and had embryology call me 3 times day of retrieval to check to see if any matured in the lab post retrieval unfortunately none did but he was so kind
Being a travel pt is hard but worth it for the right care. It's affordable at cny that's the main reason but they treated us more like s human then the other clinics in Canada did. I think the donor team at cny needs some improvements. There has been some communication troubles and their donor website isn't very well organized. I think overall if you are a seasoned infertility warrior and know your stuff this clinic is a great affordable option.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr kiltz is knowledgeable and he cares about the patient. He offered discounts and another round of ivf only having to pay anesthesia fee for retrieval due to getting not mature eggs. However knowing that we got over 25 eggs between 2 retrieval sand different protocols donor eggs would be the best option. He gave us his cell number to call him or message him. It does take a while sometimes to hear back as he has a lot of patients. It can be confusing as the nurses run most of the show but nurse kris in buffalo is amazing lines can get crossed especially if your a travel patient but they are pretty good at accommodating all questions and needs. I did feel like I had to be an avocation for myself as my situation was rare. Overall dr kiltz cares I wish he had less patients so he had more time with patients, but then again I'm glad he is helping so many people.
Be an advocate for yourself ask questions especially if you are going to the clinic after a previous ivf failure.
We had no mature eggs our first round with another doctor so when we went to dr kiltz I had done some research about Lipton down regulated protocol being used in poor responders and with immature eggs. He agreed and also put us on a hgh prime for a month prior and during stims to help eggs. Also double triggered to help with immature eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris)
Kris had no weaknesses in my opinion she runs the Buffalo office and was amazing from start to finish also gave me her personal email and I still msg to ask questions even tho she isn't on the donor team there
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It's very affordable even with the exchange rate. When we got not mature eggs he offered to do a free ivf retrieval only paying for the anesthesia
I haven't got to transfer as we had no embryos so moving to donor eggs this is something to dicuss
+ Read more- Read less

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Kiltz, as busy as he is, has spent time with us during the consultation to address our concerns, and has picked up his personal cell phone to take my call. He is compassionate and seems to genuinely care.... While some of his methods and philosophies are unconventional, I find that I can take away some nuggets of truth from his advice and recommendations, even though not all of it (i.e. his extreme Keto diet) is for me. I have seen Dr. Kiltz at every visit to CNY (three to date), and he spent significant time with us on two of the three visits.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is amazingly positive and encourages us to have faith, while acknowledging that this process is difficult. He listens to all of our concerns and always offers his opinion. While some of his methods and philosophies are unconventional, I find that I can take away some nuggets of truth from his advice and recommendations, even though not all of it (i.e. his extreme Keto diet) is for me. I have seen Dr. Kiltz at every visit to CNY (three to date), and he spent significant time with us on two of the three visits. Dr. Klitz and CNY Fertility is well-known for offering affordable fertility treatments, as well as cutting-edge approaches. I feel fortunate to have found CNY fertility, as some of these new and innovative approaches are not available in my home state. I also believe that Dr. Kiltz works very hard to keep treatment affordable and accessible for as many patients as possible.
Pay attention to your treatment plan. Do your own research. Read about the treatment options. Be prepared to advocate for yourself. CNY Fertility is really busy as the volume of patients continues to grow. Don't hesitate to call and ask questions.
Primed with Omnitrope and Low Dose Naltrexone; First stim/retrieval: 450 IU Gonal/150 IU Menopur; DuoStim/Second stim/retrieval: 150 Gonal/150 Menopur/10 mg Letrozole Rationale: DOR, Fragile X carrier, low AMH/high FSH, poor responder to first round, so the meds/approach was adjusted for second retrieval. First retrieval resulted in 0 eggs/second retrieval resulted in 3 eggs, 1 frozen day 6 4AA embryo.
For the most part, my experience with CNY's nursing staff has been overwhelmingly positive and they have been so helpful and informative. The exception being one nurse who called me right before my second retrieval to tell me that the odds were against me, all of my follicles were likely cysts, and discouraged me from going through with the retrieval. I'm very thankful I called for a second opinion and checked in with Dr. Kiltz, because the retrieval resulted in 3 eggs (from 3 follicles, none were cysts) and 1 grade 4 AA embryo that we were able to freeze on day 6.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: compassion, affordability, availability of new and cutting-edge treatment options Weakness: keeping up with volume of patients means that some may fall through the cracks; patients should be prepared to advocate for themselves
Egg retrieval: $4050.00 (includes 150.00 fee for outside monitoring for travel patients); Intra-ovarian prp injections: 300.00 as an add-on to egg retrieval procedure; meds - approximately $5,000.00

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
You have to be your own Advocate and follow up on everything!!! again I think this is because they [CNY Fertility] have such a huge clientele and they are overwhelmed. They genuinely seem to care about their patients although I feel like the nurses should be on the same page. Sometimes you can call in the same day and get a different opinion depending on who you speak to you and that makes me very nervous when protocol gets changed. I feel like the only person that should be setting protocols are the doctors.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Robert kiltz is a very loving and caring man who really seems to want what's best for his patients and he really wants to help them make a baby however with that said, I feel like he is extremely overwhelmed and takes on too many clients and because of that I feel like he is just spread too thin. there have been times when I have sent him a text message and he responds immediately and other times when he never responds. I am assuming this because so many people contact him and he's just overwhelmed trying to help everyone. He's only one person. But he does have the biggest heart and he seems very genuine about helping people and making it affordable!
He's a great man but you have to stay right on him because he is so busy!
He's very big on keto and the immune protocol!
it depends on the nurse that you get. Some nurses were absolutely amazing while other nurses didn't see him as invested in my journey.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
You have to be your own Advocate and follow up on everything!!! again I think this is because they have such a huge clientele and they are overwhelmed. They genuinely seem to care about their patients although I feel like the nurses should be on the same page. Sometimes you can call in the same day and get a different opinion depending on who you speak to you and that makes me very nervous when protocol gets changed. I feel like the only person that should be setting protocols are the doctors. The nurses have too much room to move things around in my opinion
$9,000 for six donor embryos And of course other fees

Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I have never had a doctor that I could personally text with concerns and have him call me back 10 minutes later. I am so grateful for his out of the box thinking and not being afraid to try new things. ... I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
I go to the buffalo office [CNY Fertility] and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He does everything in his power to help you.
I’ve had two miscarriages and lost one son at birth due to birth defects and not having kidneys. I was originally going to go back to my original clinic (not CNY), but my doctor wanted me to go back on clomid with an IUI (how I got pregnant with my son.). Regardless of what caused my son’s birth defects, I was adamant about not going back on clomid, and my doctor was not listening to my concerns. I was dismissed and told I just “have bad luck.” I texted dr kiltz and he personally called me back ten minutes later to come up with a plan. He listened to my concerns and knowing I have lupus compiled a plan we both agreed on. We are now in our first cycle using injectables, iui and an immune protocol. I’m so grateful for dr kiltz, the buffalo office, and being able to start so quickly.
I have had two miscarriages and a son lost at birth to birth defects. I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris, buffalo’s NP and Carrie an RN in buffalo are wonderful!)
I go to the buffalo office and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes awhile for an initial consult and it can get confusing if you don’t know who to call in the beginning. Once I met my treatment team and spoke to dr kiltz the plan was in place and in motion by the time my next cycle started.
Too early to know, I have not had to speak with finance yet.
We are currently doing iui

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their [CNY Fertility] best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. ... Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation.
The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. ... CNY offers such a great cost for IVF, which includes freezing embryos for up to 1 year for $3900, which does not include medications of course. In comparison, most other places offer IVF starting at $8,000 at least.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. They are big on atmosphere, and it feels like a Spa, not a medical clinic... in a good way. Welcoming and friendly.
Be realistic with your own expectations and what the potential outcomes could be. IVF is a gamble, simple as that... They are great, but there are chances multiple procedures could still not work.
Dr. Kiltz himself does a lot for patients. He wakes up early to take calls, stays late to take calls, and does extra things such as "fireside chats". At the office they are nice overall, however at times you can feel like a number as there are so many.
I used both injectibles, steroids to help decrease inflammation and many other medications to help decrease inflammation in general, especially abdominal inflammation. They also offer lipid infusions before implantation as well, which I did not do this past IVF, but may do in the future. CNY also offers accupuncture to help destress during implantation and retrieval, which I did do, and was stress-relieving. I had 2 implanted embryos, which were A graded embryos, but my IVF was not successful. Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation. I was not on the Keto diet during my first IVF implantation, but plan to Keto for my second.
The nursing staff overall was very nice and understanding. It is a larger clinic, but for a larger clinic, the nurses and staff do a pretty good job welcoming people who come from all different states to have IVF performed at CNY.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a nice spa-like feel and this reflects Dr. Kiltz's belief in de-stressing and providing a relaxing environment to help with IVF and IUI. The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. But overall they do a great job for being such a big clinic and for the great price that they offer for IVF.
Dr. Kiltz allowed me to transfer 2 embryos. I am not sure if he allows some patients to transfer more than that, but he is very understanding regarding patients and their individual situation.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
My consultation with Dr. Kiltz was a bit rocky. Again, the office is very busy, so he is pressed for time and I felt the call was a bit rushed/blunt. But once in Syracuse, my husband and I felt he spent quality time with us - he was warm and attentive. Just know, you are interacting the majority time with the nurse staff. Dr. Kiltz performed my retrieval and transfer.
The clinic [CNY Fertility] is very busy - they are successful and offer generous pricing, so this was expected. It was easy to get lost, no communication or missed medication orders, but I really feel that connecting with one particular nurse made the difference. ... I really appreciate the integration of Eastern Medicine, spa-like relaxed office, attention to immunology. ...
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz really does care. Don't be overwhelmed by the keto recommendations, and build a relationship with a particular nurse.
The clinic is very busy - they are successful and offer generous pricing, so this was expected. It was easy to get lost, no communication or missed medication orders, but I really feel that connecting with one particular nurse made the difference. Once there, we were treated very well/warmly, and Dr. Kiltz spent quality time with us.
One key part of this process we really appreciated, and one of the main reasons we chose Dr. Kiltz and team, is their inclusion of the immunology protocol/medications. This was greatly appreciated! And of course, they always keep budget in mind. Besides the added immuno drugs, I was on the standard antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine)
My primary nurse, who I actually requested (was not assigned to), is no less than amazing! She would respond quickly, at all hours, always had great feedback and compassion - she is knowledgeable and quick to order medications, get forms signed, whatever is needed. If it weren't for her, my experience would have been very different. The rest of the nurse staff, while warm, was not responsive. I caught mistakes, and often had to manage my own care. They are a very busy office, not for the beginner, as expected.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The facility in Syracuse is lovely. I really appreciate the integration of Eastern Medicine, spa-like relaxed office, attention to immunology. You pretty much have to manage your own care (I was a travel patient), and it was tricky finding local coordinating care (especially when I had to continue with intralipid injections once home). But they do care about the patients and offer wonderful financial help.
I had to monitor locally (travel patient), so I organized my own local office and appointment times.
This is the biggest draw, so amazing! I was able to undergo IVF here for a fraction of the cost I have spent locally. And they try to work with your budget, even on medication recommendations. Plus, they offer wonderful packages. Much appreciated!
Dr. Kiltz likes Day 3 Fresh Transfers for mature women, like myself. We wanted to give this a try, after FETs. He did transfer 3 embryos in my case. I hear he is now transferring 2 at a time (based on feedback/restrictions). He allowed us to be involved in the decision - he recommended 2-3.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. ... He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. ... Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. ... I have only spoke to them over the phone or on the online portal. They have all been helpful and are available at convenient times of day (including after hours and over the weekend) ... $4050 for 1 round of IVF. I paid in full however they do offer financing options. Medications and monitoring sonograms out of state were not included (medication cost was $3434 for 1 round of IVF including egg retrieval and storage for 1 year
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. I look at him as being a "fertility God". All of my friends and family that have seen him have had successful pregnancies. I have only had a consult but I have been following his chats on Facebook for a couple of years now. I will be undergoing egg retrieval at my next cycle.
Be prepared with your questions. Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
Dr Kiltz does live weekly chats where he takes questions from the audience and educates on possible causes and treatments. He gives out his personal cell phone number and is always available to help everyone in need of services. He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. Other fertility clinics pick and choose which patients they are going to treat to ensure that their success rates will grow. Dr Kiltz allows equal opportunity to everyone.
I was ordered to have all of my bloodwork along with an HSG test prior to beginning my cycle. HSG test will show if there are any blockages within the fallopian tubes or if you have an irregular shaped uterus. All of my medications were ordered after my consult and were delivered within a couple of days. I am awaiting my menses at which time I will have a baseline sonogram. If all goes well I will then start my medications and begin monitoring sonograms. These sonograms will allow the dr to see how I am responding and adjust my dosages accordingly. Once my follicles reach a certain size I will fly to NY to see Dr kiltz for my egg retrieval. My viable eggs will then be fertilized. Within 3-5 days he will transfer 1 embryo into my uterus and the rest will be cryogenically frozen for later use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. However I've heard it is very spa like. Not like a medical facility. Very warm and welcoming. Huge. State of the art technology and utilizes eastern techniques for relaxation and blood flow such as acupuncture and massage
+ Read more- Read less

my treatment was mostly managed by the amazing NP in Buffalo, Kris Ziegler. Dr. Kiltz was available to me to ask any additional questions I had during my cycle, and performed my frozen transfer. ... my "only" issue was stage IV endometriosis. I had excision surgery ... Based on my age, and number of embryos, my doctor strongly recommended a single embryo transfer. I did not want to risk a high-risk pregnancy, so I knew a single transfer was the right decision for m...
The nursing staff at CNY Buffalo is great. ... I never left an appointment without a clear idea of what I needed to do until the next appointment. ... There were a few times when appointments were running late especially after holidays ... It is a little inconvenient to travel to Syracuse for egg retrieval and transfer, but the care I received in the Buffalo office more than made up for that. ... The staff remembered me, and knew my story at each monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I was a patient at the Buffalo office which meant my treatment was mostly managed by the amazing NP in Buffalo, Kris Ziegler. Dr. Kiltz was available to me to ask any additional questions I had during my cycle, and performed my frozen transfer.
Ask questions!
The staff at CNY's Buffalo office is fantastic. After my first visit, I was warmly greeted at each appointment by the receptionist without having to give my name. The staff remembered me, and knew my story at each monitoring appointment.
My blood tests indicated that my ovarian reserve was normal, and my "only" issue was stage IV endometriosis. I had excision surgery, and wanted to get pregnant as quickly as I could. IVF was that for me. I stimmed for 9 days using 300 units of gonal-F, and used cetrotide to prevent ovulation. I was on a few anti-inflammatory drugs as well (prednisone and LDN). I triggered with lupron due to my elevated estrogen at the time of trigger to prevent OHSS.
The nursing staff at CNY Buffalo is great. Bobbi did my blood draws and injection training and most appointments, and was very kind. I never left an appointment without a clear idea of what I needed to do until the next appointment.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The CNY Buffalo office is fantastic. Every person there will treat you with compassion. There were a few times when appointments were running late especially after holidays, but since I expected them to be extra busy after being closed for a day, I didn't really mind. It is a little inconvenient to travel to Syracuse for egg retrieval and transfer, but the care I received in the Buffalo office more than made up for that.
I was fortunate to have my monitoring appointments and testing covered by insurance. In addition to those appointments, I paid for IVF/ICSI/Embryo Freezing ($3900), FET ($250), and acupuncture at transfer ($70). In total I paid about $200 in copays over the course of my treatment. My meds were generally not covered by insurance, and I paid $2400 at Integrity pharmacy for my retrieval meds.
Based on my age, and number of embryos, my doctor strongly recommended a single embryo transfer. I did not want to risk a high-risk pregnancy, so I knew a single transfer was the right decision for me.

2017 - 2019
He is great at what he does, but he doesn’t take the time to thoroughly discuss options. He speaks over you and not to you....Dr. Kiltz knows what he’s doing when it comes to retrieval’s and transfers. His bedside manner during a transfer is the best. He’s extremely compassionate. It’s difficult to ask him questions because he is always in a hurry. He’s lucky he has an amazing staff because they are the ones that run the clinic....My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy.
Strengths are they are affordable and staff is very caring and compassionate. Weaknesses are over population of the clinic. There aren’t enough providers for the amount of patients seen at the clinic.... I don’t remember exact costs. There are so many “extras” and your never told the price of the “extras”. Over the past two years I would guesstimate I have given CNY over $50,000... The nursing staff is excellent. The nurses are the ones that run the clinic. I do wish I had been assigned to only single nurse whom I could communicate with throughout treatment, but every nurse is nice.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Know your health history and know everything fertility related. You have to advocate for yourself.
My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy. We miscarried at 14 weeks. My second transfer was a single day 5 embryo that came from my first retrieval. It which resulted in a negative. We recently transferred a single day 3 that came from our second retrieval and were waiting on the results.

2015 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
It’s hard to get one to one attention with Dr Kiltz himself. I mostly talked to RNs... After finding out at my husband is infertile, we decided to try IUI with donated sperm. I have tried 7 IUIs. The first was natural, and the others I used prespcriptions.... Dr. Kiltz suggested exploratory surgery to see if I had endometriosis. During the surgery he did remove some endometriosis and diagnosed me with chronic inflammation. He told me to try the Keto Diet and go on LDN.
This clinic [CNY Fertility] has a lot of things to offer including fertility treatments, yoga, massage, acupuncture, etc. The environment is very relaxing and welcoming. I like the Rochester office the best so far because it is very homey and everyone is very nice.... The nursing staff is great. Very informative, helpful and really put you at ease.... It’s hard to get one to one attention with Dr Kiltz himself. I mostly talked to RNs
2015 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable and a good communicator. He is also very personable. I have only met with him a couple of times. Last time we spoke was on the phone. Dr Kiltz also did my IVF cycles and my exploratory surgery. He made me feel very comfortable each time he performed a procedure.
Ask as many questions as possible and don’t be afraid to get aggressive with your treatment.
After finding out at my husband is infertile, we decided to try IUI with donated sperm. I have tried 7 IUIs. The first was natural, and the others I used prespcriptions. Some to help me produce more eggs. I have been on prednisone, low dose naltrexone, endometrin, novarel, low dose aspirin, CoEnzyme Q10, Synthroid, Distinex, Levothyoxine, Estrace, Neupogen, Prograf, Lovenox, progesterone in oil, etc. Most of the transfers had a chemical pregnancy that only lasted a few weeks. Dr. Kiltz suggested exploratory surgery to see if I had endometriosis. During the surgery he did remove some endometriosis and diagnosed me with chronic inflammation. He told me to try the Keto Diet and go on LDN.The Keto diet turned out not to be compatible with my body, so I tried Paleo instead. I then tried IVF... they were only able to get 5 eggs, and only 2 were successfully inseminated. We transferred one egg at a time. Both resulted in a low chemical pregnancy that only lasted about 2 weeks. My tubes are fine, but Dr. Kiltz said there’s no way of knowing for sure if its the environment or egg quality. This last egg transfer Dr. Kiltz had me try Neupogen which is not covered by insurance and is quite pricy. I guess there had been good results with it for people with PCOS especially. I also have a low hormone level concerning egg production. Now that I don’t have any frozen eggs left, I would like to meet with Dr. Kiltz again, this time in person instead of over the phone and see what he suggests next. We have already spent quite a bit of money and are not feeling very positive.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic has a lot of things to offer including fertility treatments, yoga, massage, acupuncture, etc. The environment is very relaxing and welcoming. I like the Rochester office the best so far because it is very homey and everyone is very nice.
IUI and doctors visits were covered under insurance, and some mediations were covered, such as prednisone. But everything else was out of pocket.
I would rather transfer only one egg at a time just in case the cycle does not work out. That way I only lose one egg instead of multiple.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kiltz has LOTS of patients. I think he does the absolute very best that he can for being one person.... Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost.... I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
The nurses are the heart and soul of CNY. They are what keep that place running. I work mostly with the travel team and the nurses are helpful and responsive.... Strengths - I have heard the facility is spa-like (I have not seen it in person, only pictures and have heard other patients talk about it), in-house financing available Weaknesses - They take on LOTS of patients and you can get lost in the shuffle if you don't speak up.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost. He simply just does not see the necessity of charging $10,000+ for a cycle of IVF. I became a patient of CNYF after paying over $15,000 for a single IVF cycle where CNYF charges only $4,500. The financial aspect of infertility has been such a tremendous barrier and he has been able to alleviate some of that for so many people. I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
Do your research and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and reach out. CNYF has LOTS of patients and sometimes your e-mails, voicemails, messages, etc. can get lost in the shuffle. Speak up and join the many social media groups that are available. There are many patients who are willing to offer support and answer questions as well.
Dr. K will recommend that everyone follow the Kiltz's Keto diet - regardless of your stage of treatment. It consists of only eating butter, eggs, bacon, and beef. Yes, that's it. He also recommends a variety of supplements - prenatal, CoQ10, Omega-3s, OPCs, Ovasitol, and CBD oil. He believes that many of the problems related to infertility are caused by inflammation in the body. He often utilizes "autoimmune protocol" which can vary, but typically includes prednisone or other medications that treat autoimmune disease.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$200 Administration fee for shipping frozen embryos to CNYF $330 Cryopreservation Tank Rental $1,900 for FET $150 monitoring fee
It is my understanding that Dr. K is pretty strict in terms of the number of embryos he allows patients to transfer. I believe he only allows two to be transferred if you have a history of failed transfers or due to your age.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained, Other
I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long.... At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
The clinical staff [CNY Fertility] is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient.... I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.... It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long. I would have preferred talking a bit longer about our medical history and read his documents about diet later (which he emailed right away). At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
Make sure to ask any questions you have about the plan and take notes about what he says so you can make sure his info got through to all the nursing staff. They have many patients and it helps to know what the doctor suggests to make sure it aligns with nurses orders. As a travel patient, you’ll really only talk to Dr. Kiltz for consult, retrieval/transfer and follow up phone call. The rest of the time it’s with the clinical staff. Dr. Kiltz does give out his cell #, though and patients do call if needed.
The clinical staff is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient. Dr. Kiltz really cares and made me feel like I wasn’t just a number. He thinks about each patient as an individual even though he has MANY patients.
The nurses are always available to talk with over the phone. I think they have a few staffing the phones, so they were never rushed or didn’t answer. They were prompt about getting orders out to me or calling back with answers. They were also really caring and helped me understand the process better and made me feel at ease. I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly. They send your meds protocol to integrity pharm and get really good deals with them because of the volume they do. I wish they had some kind of checklist for new patients because I was a bit lost about what to do after the consult. I just had to call and talk with nursing staff several times to get it all figured out. Also, their CNY Facebook support group was extremely helpful! The clinic is pretty well organized for how many patients they seem to have, but I think the patient needs to know what they should be doing, or ask a ton of questions if you’re new to IVF because you don’t get a nurse that walks you through it. Also, documents on the portal were hard for me to find. Some stuff I didn’t even see until way later. If you’re a first timer, use the FB group to ask questions and search postings for answers. That really helped me.
$4200 for retrieval and one FET. Each additional FET during the 12 mos after retrieval are $250. Meds wound up being about $1600 (225 gonal f and 75 menopur 1x day for 10 days). With travel (for retrieval and a second trip for FET), total cost for us will be just under $10k.
We haven’t transferred yet, so I’m not sure what he’ll suggest.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kiltz is very personable. During the time he was with me, he had a good bedside manner and attentive. While this is true, CNY Fertility is an extremely busy clinic and I only saw Dr. Kiltz on day of procedure.... I do have faith he will be able to get me pregnant. He gives out his phone number and email address and will respond to you. He is also very progressive and open to trying new medications/treatments. I am doing platelet rich plasma (PRP) uterine washes this cycle.
The nursing staff is generally nice. However, they are very busy. They do not go above and beyond by any means. There was medication education along the way. But I did not have a good idea of the process. My first cycle I was never sure what was coming next.... Also, Mondays and Fridays are crazy busy at CNYF. It is best to avoid appointments on these days as much as possible. I always make early morning appointments so I am not late to work. It is nice that they have appointments as early at 06:15 am. I've found that if I come in any later than 06:30
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Positives: Dr. Kiltz is very passionate. He is honest about the structure of the clinic (more patients enable lower costs) and pricing. He seems very knowledgeable about treatments. I do have faith he will be able to get me pregnant. He gives out his phone number and email address and will respond to you. He is also very progressive and open to trying new medications/treatments. I am doing platelet rich plasma (PRP) uterine washes this cycle. Based on the research I've read, this sounds very promising. Negatives: Dr. Kiltz has very strong beliefs about infertility being related to diet, which I do not agree with. After a failed cycle he spent the entire telephone consult (which took 2 1/2 weeks to schedule) telling me that my tube is blocked because I eat lean meats, fresh vegetables, and fruits. He believes in the Keto diet (high fat, moderate protein, low carb). He flat out told me he was an expert with tons of experience and that my tube was blocked directly as a result of inflammation in my body, due to my diet. He then prescribed a ton of additional anti-inflammatory medications. I have chosen not to take most of the extras (prednisone, prograf [used to suppress the immune system in transplant patients], intralipids, and hydroxychloroquine [used to treat Lupus and autoimmune diseases]. I had an ANA test (for autoimmune disease) after my failed cycle and it was negative. I did a lot of research on my own to decide which medications I wanted to use (aside from the standard meds like estrace, progesterone, etc). Thankfully I am a nurse and feel comfortable researching these things myself. It would still be nice to be able to have a partnership with my doctor and not feel like it is all on my shoulders, as I am certainly not a fertility expert.
Be your own advocate, do your own research, and do what you are comfortable with. Realize you will not get a lot of time with any doctor at CNYF, but you can reach out to them by email and you should if it is something time sensitive that is important to you. Otherwise you will be waiting a looooong time for a phone consult.
An "auto-immune" protocol was prescribed: prednisone, prograf, hydroxychloroquine, intralipids, low dose naltrexone, baby aspirin, lovenox. Most of these are immunosuppressants. The aspirin and lovenox thin the blood, which is supposed to increase blood flow to the placenta and prevent clots for those with clotting disorders. Low dose naltrexone is actually a very interesting drug used to treat autoimmune diseases as well as clinically low endorphins. It has very few side effects. It also boosts your immune system, which has helped me avoid getting sick. It also helps me sleep better. The only extra I took my first cycle was the baby aspirin. That cycle failed. I transfer again in five days. This cycle I have been taking LDN, baby aspirin, and start lovenox tonight. I did not find sufficient evidence that lovenox will increase my odds, but it has relatively few side effects, so I am trying it. I also took estrace vaginally, progesterone in oil and endometrium vaginal suppositories, and Cleocin (clindamycin - a vaginal suppository antibiotic) both cycles. Also, azithromycin orally at the very beginning of each cycle.
The nursing staff is generally nice. However, they are very busy. They do not go above and beyond by any means. There was medication education along the way. But I did not have a good idea of the process. My first cycle I was never sure what was coming next. One thing that upset me was embryo testing was mentioned briefly at my consultation (July), then never brought up again. On my day of transfer (end of October), I mentioned I was considering PGS testing. I was told I needed to decide this before the day of.... yet it was never brought up at ANY of my monitoring appointments along the way leading up to egg retrieval. I am a nurse and feel it would have been appropriate to mention at the baseline monitoring appointment. This whole process is so overwhelming and it is difficult to keep up with everything. However, I always felt it was my responsibility to ask questions and stay on top of it all myself. And when I did ask questions, I would get an answer, but I felt like I was being a pain. I would also get different answers from different nurses, so I never felt like I could trust the information I was given.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
In general, this is a nice, warm, inviting clinic. There are great resources on the website. Dr. Kiltz goes above and beyond for patients. He has a live chat on Facebook weekly. He believes in healing adjunctive therapies such as acupuncture and massage and it is very easy to schedule these extras the day of transfer. The clinic is very busy, so just beware. You get what you pay for. The prices are cheaper, so you rarely see a doctor. It's not a perfect place, but I assume other clinics have similar drawbacks. Although I would hope pricier clinics offer more time with the doctor and more patient centered treatment plans with patient input. Also, Mondays and Fridays are crazy busy at CNYF. It is best to avoid appointments on these days as much as possible. I always make early morning appointments so I am not late to work. It is nice that they have appointments as early at 06:15 am. I've found that if I come in any later than 06:30, I end up waiting awhile to be seen (at least 30 minutes past my appointment time). It gets worse as the day progresses. And even the early am appointments run late on Monday's and Friday's.
Most costs are posted on the website. $3900 for IVF cycle. $850 for monitoring. $250 for FET. All meds are separate. HCG wash $50. PRP $500 for once/$900 for two times in the same cycle. This was without insurance coverage. There were no hidden fees.
My clinic wanted me to transfer one 5 day embryo based on my age and recommendations/guidelines from professional organizations. I am 36. I had my heart set on transferring two and actually want to have twins. The risks were explained to me and I have been allowed to transfer two both cycles.

2017 - 2019
I had to hunt down the doctor [Dr. Kiltz] for a call after my second failed live transfer for a phone call, the first failed transfer the doctor/clinic scheduled with me. I felt like I was the only one fighting for me. And once I finally got on the phone with him it sounded kind he had a long morning and was pretty annoyed to talk to me...he seems spread too thin. He’s compassionate and full of knowledge and he’s always pleasant face to face. His suggestions are valid and valued.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] itself is beautiful, clean and new. The front office girls are my favorites, they’re always kind and explain everything as best they can. I have favorite nurses as well. Some really know what they’re doing and enjoy their job and to others it’s just a job and it’s noticable...I felt like a human for the first few cycles but this last cycle was HORRIBLE. I felt overlooked as I was not properly advised to take ALL of the meds that I had ordered. The computers were down and I had to tell the nurses what meds I was on and should be taking.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He’s a good doctor but he seems spread too thin. He’s compassionate and full of knowledge and he’s always pleasant face to face. His suggestions are valid and valued. He’s always been respectful but most recent conversations he was very short. I am healthy and have never even had an abnormal Pap smear. I am going through ivf because my significant other has a vascectomy. It wasn’t until my third failed transfer (2 fresh , 1 frozen) that he suggest we do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. Why wasn’t this protocol after the first failed crash transfer. Those are the types of procedures my insurance will pay for.
Do research, do reading, look up common practice. I didn’t get individualized treatment, I got protocol which seems to go for every woman that walks through the door! It would be nice if instead of protocol they would examine you personally and take the steps you may need for care instead of standardized practices they would use for anyone
I felt like a human for the first few cycles but this last cycle was HORRIBLE. I felt overlooked as I was not properly advised to take ALL of the meds that I had ordered. The computers were down and I had to tell the nurses what meds I was on and should be taking. This is frustrating as I paid out a lot of money I cannot afford to waste. It felt like a wasted cycle. Also I had to hunt down the doctor for a call after my second failed live transfer for a phone call, the first failed transfer the doctor/clinic scheduled with me. I felt like I was the only one fighting for me. And once I finally got on the phone with him it sounded kind he had a long morning and was pretty annoyed to talk to me. I’ve been happy with the clinic until this last cycle
I do not remember the exact protocols used all I know is that they used the term protocol often. Giving dosage as average and so on. After the first fail we added a few things like omnitrope during stim and it worked well.
Some are good others are not. I’ve had some get short and snippy wth me and others hand me tissues when I cry. They are busy and need to slow down most of the time. I usually feel rushed in the office I never have adequate explanation of my drugs or treatments . It would be nice to know why I’m taking what meds and such... pretty much better explanation of what
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is beautiful, clean and new. The front office girls are my favorites, they’re always kind and explain everything as best they can. I have favorite nurses as well. Some really know what they’re doing and enjoy their job and to others it’s just a job and it’s noticable. They offer high quality treatment and many in office treatments as well. People should really do their homework before starting treatments
I transferred 2 eggs each time and never had a problem
+ Read more- Read less
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic... The nurses that answer calls can be nasty and rude depending on who you speak with but some of them are very kind and helpful. All of the nurses I encountered in person at the Albany clinic were wonderful.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I never saw Dr. Kiltz directly because I went to the Albany clinic. Labs and prescriptions, however, were ordered under his name. I have reached out to Dr. Kiltz numerous times and he did call me back but his call was missed because I was at work and never spoke with him directly over the phone. I have emailed him after I was given inaccurate instruction by one of the CNY's CRNP's. My plan was adjusted in my favor after I reached out to him and that mistake was compensated. I believe Dr. Kiltz is a good person and I believe he would help everyone if he could. But there are too many patients for him to manage himself (of course) so he has recruited help and opened clinics in different locations to manage the amount of patients attracted to CNY's prices. Although I have never met Dr. Kiltz in person, the positive and negative occurrences at all of these other clinics reflect back on him.
If you work and are a travel patient undergoing IVF, you will not know when you will need to be in CNY until that week or the week before you need to be there. Make sure your employer is flexible and can work with you.
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic and thoughts that my hard earned money may have been better placed elsewhere. The diagnosis of infertility is heartbreaking in itself but to feel like your not a priority after investing so much effort, time, and money is even worse.
I have undergone 1 IVF cycle so far. I used Gonal-f and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. I triggered with Pregnyl prior to retrieval. 9 oocytes were retrieved, 5 of which resulted in 5 day blastocyst using ICSI. I did 1 fresh medicated embryo transfer that was unsuccessful and a medicated FET that was also unsuccessful. I am young, I ovulate on my own, and have no lining or hormonal issues. I have bilateral tubal factor infertility and for the next FET, plan to do an unmedicated FET.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: affordability, flexibility Weaknesses: You are your own advocate, continuity of care is compromised because multiple healthcare professionals handle your case, many mistakes are made, the stress of traveling out of town, finding your own monitoring facility, patients rarely speak directly with physician's, nurses coordinate patient care, long wait for initial consultation
My meds costed around $5,000 and IVF was $3,900. FET's are $250 for a year after retrieval but increases significantly after year is up
I was strongly suggested single embryo transfers and I think that is reasonable considering I am young with only tubal factor infertility
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic [CNY Fertility] is very calm and peaceful I wouldn’t request improvement I enjoyed being a patient at the Syracuse location. I recommend it. As for weaknesses the phone system and answering service folks should be trained better, sometimes they were rude....you have to be proactive with scheduling and following up.... Dr. Kiltz is warm and a great listener. He has a positive attitude that is contagious and that really helped put me at ease
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He cares deeply about his patients and is passionate about his work. I’ve had in-person visits with him and a phone consultation. He is a good listener and always looking for the best protocol for you.
Don’t expect him to be at every appointment. You will have a very good experience meeting him. Be open to the wonderful environment and care the whole facility provides. I think he treats his staff really well and that shines through in the care you will receive from the nurses and other doctors, NPs and PAs.
Dr. Kiltz is warm and a great listener. He has a positive attitude that is contagious and that really helped put me at ease and in the right frame of mind to face any of the uncertainties of my fertility treatment. I was very worried when after following an extensive IVF protocol I only had 2 eggs retrieved, but both fertilized and evolved into 3 day embryos. I was worried again that they wouldn't take, but I followed his advice and he recommended a fresh 3 day single embryo transfer and I am holding my healthy baby girl as I type this. I will be doing a frozen transfer in the near future with hope for the same outcome.
I was a 38 year old DOR with low AMH. Not promising at least by the numbers, but he was very positive, listened to my concerns and tailored a protocol to my needs which, apart from the regular meds, included human growth hormone Omnitrope, to improve egg quality and anti inflammatories such a as Neupogen and Tacrolimus. I also did the intralipid IV treatment up to week 10 of pregnancy.
Very kind and competent
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very calm and peaceful I wouldn’t request improvement I enjoyed being a patient at the Syracuse location. I recommend it. As for weaknesses the phone system and answering service folks should be trained better, sometimes they were rude.
The doctor said a single embryo transfer because I only retrieved 2 eggs and wanted a frozen one for a sibling or if the first fresh treatment didn’t work out.
+ Read more- Read less

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Male Factor
[Dr. Kiltz] is such a great person...made us feel comfortable throughout the whole process...very busy so they may not be accessible during routine appointments but during the procedures and consultations they really take the time to explain everything... very careful to not overstimulate me due to my age. We made sure that I used a specific drug to trigger so I could reduce the risk of OHSS. That made me feel comforted that they were treating me specific to my age.
The CNY Fertility in Syracuse is very busy so sometime it felt like a number but when it came to the actual care and procedures, I felt I was treated like a human...I LOVE the nursing staff. Specifically, Larissa and Alexis. They are my favorite staff members at CNY and I always feel at ease when I have them doing my bloodwork and scans...The only weakness would be the amount of time you wait and the fact that they are always busy. As much as IVF itself takes over your life, so do the appointments due to hour-plus wait times. Obviously, they are busy because they are great but that is the only negative I had. The strength is definitely the nurses and doctors as well as the communication you can have through the portal.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Male Factor
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is such a great person, him and Dr. Corely made us feel comfortable throughout the whole process. They are both very busy so they may not be accessible during routine appointments but during the procedures and consultations they really take the time to explain everything.
Do your own research! The doctors are not God and we, as patients, have to be our own advocate and not just go into something as serious as IVF blindly. Watch other Youtube vlogs about IVF, read info on it, ask any question you might have because as great as the doctors are, they are not magic workers.
They were very careful to not overstimulate me due to my age. We made sure that I used a specific drug to trigger so I could reduce the risk of OHSS. That made me feel comforted that they were treating me specific to my age.

IUI, 2 IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kiltz is very personable. He is dedicated. He answers personal phone calls and emails anytime of the day. He is phenomenal! ... He is friendly with the spouses and makes them feel comfortable as well. He has a warm personality and truly wants to make your dream of being parents come true! ... He also tries to make infertility treatments affordable.
I would want others to know that this clinic is very busy and that patients are coming to them from all over the world for treatment due to the cost. Please be mindful, they handle your messages on a day by day basis. ... I live in Virginia and only travel to this clinic for retrievals or transfers. I monitor in Virginia. My results are sent directly to Dr. Kiltz.
IUI, 2 IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very dedicated to ensuring to explore the best options and protocols that he believes will benefit his patients. He also tries to make infertility treatments affordable. He is personable and comes out of his way to check on you and your well being. He is friendly with the spouses and makes them feel comfortable as well. He has a warm personality and truly wants to make your dream of being parents come true!
I would give a prospective patient the advice that Dr. Kiltz is a very busy person but he always follow through.
The first retrieval in July 2018, we did 225 Gonal/75 Menopur. I have PCOS so 12 eggs were retrieved and only 4 of those were mature. We ended up with zero embryos. The second retrieval in November 2018, we did 300 Gonal/150 Menopur. I had 15 eggs and out of those 12 were mature. We ended up getting 2 embryos frozen on day 3. I believe with the advice of Dr. Kiltz and his education on supplements and human growth hormone, Keto dieting, this truly helped my egg quality. We have male factor so even though we had 12 mature, only 2 could be fertilized as my husband has low morphology/motility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca Kurtz)
My travel team nurse Rebecca communicated alot with me about my monitoring reports and instructions for medications during my transfer cycle. She was very helpful and handled calling in my prescriptions to the pharmacy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My retrievals were $3,900 each. Transfers are $250 each within the first year of retrieval.
Due to the quanity of frozen embryos, he suggested we only transfer 1 at a time.

Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr Kiltz is intense. Extremely passionate about his job, uses foul language (which I appreciate) and is extremely knowledgeable. He enjoys educating as well as providing treatment and that is so important. I love that he wants to heal our bodies and not only though Western medicine. He isn't using IVF as a bandaid, he tries to fix why we aren't getting pregnant in the first place, but is honest when a lesser invasive treatment isn't a good option.
The atmosphere is amazing, it's like a spa rather than a doctors office. They [CNY Fertility] are so high volume they may need a way to see more patients a day with less of a wait time in the lobby. That is where I feel the most anxiety.... although I am one of many being treated at CNY, I do not feel like I am being bearded like cattle or unimportant.... The people who answer the phones tend to be rushed and not very kind. Frankly they are intimidating.
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He can be intense so prepare for that.
While there practice is extremely high volume and I don't expect Kiltz to remember me specifically every time he sees me, he is very passionate about his role and respects that everyone is an individual and is different, although I am one of many being treated at CNY, I do not feel like I am being bearded like cattle or unimportant.
So far I've only had a salpingectomy. It's very scary removing something so vital in making a baby, but in my case it needed to be done for my best chance of IVF success and why that is was explained to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace Michel )
I absolutely love Grace. She is kind and encouraging. The people who answer the phones tend to be rushed and not very kind. Frankly they are intimidating.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The atmosphere is amazing, it's like a spa rather than a doctors office. They are so high volume they may need a way to see more patients a day with less of a wait time in the lobby. That is where I feel the most anxiety.
We are self pay because we have Tricare so our costs before PGS testing and not including our meds will be $4,500.
I think eSET is the best choice in a lot of circumstances. Transferring more embryos doesn't always mean you have a better chance of a safe pregnancy and live birth.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kiltz treated us like normal people having a conversation. He was focused and efficient (which I appreciated) while still making us feel comfortable and at ease...Within our first two appointments with Dr. Kiltz, he and his amazing staff found an error that wasn’t caught the year before. Our explained infertility became a male factor. Which led to further testing. I can’t thank CNY enough for locating a result that was missed for an entire year. He has given us our hope back and we can’t wait to continue this journey with him guiding us. We trust him completely.
The space [at CNY Fertility] was clean, calming and had an inviting atmosphere. It almost felt like I was on vacation at a spa. Every member of the staff was kind and compassionate towards us. I enjoyed the selection of books to read while in the waiting room and the beautiful consultation room...I was worried that I’d be another “number” with such a large patient population. I have never felt that way. Dr. Kiltz treated us like normal people having a conversation. He was focused and efficient (which I appreciated) while still making us feel comfortable and at ease.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We came to CNY with an open mind and an unexplained diagnosis. Every cycle we had with our other doctor yielded great follicles, but no little miracle. We started to become stressed and anxious. Nothing indicated a reason why we weren’t conceiving. Within our first two appointments with Dr. Kiltz, he and his amazing staff found an error that wasn’t caught the year before. Our explained infertility became a male factor. Which led to further testing. I can’t thank CNY enough for locating a result that was missed for an entire year. He has given us our hope back and we can’t wait to continue this journey with him guiding us. We trust him completely.
The wait time for a consultation is worth it.
During our consultation, Dr. Kiltz ordered all the blood work and did a transvaginal ultrasound that day. He discovered a natural mature follicle and asked us where we wanted to go from there. He was patient and gave us advice when we asked. He never pushed us to make a decision we weren’t ready to make. We decided to come back the next day to do an IUI. That’s when we discovered our male factor situation. The office immediately set up a consultation with a Urologist and have been in contact with us as we work our way through this new pathway.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marlee)
Marlee is everything I hoped for in someone who is walking alongside us during this journey. She is kind, funny, caring and extremely knowledgeable. When we first realized the year long error of another office, Marlee was beyond compassionate. I felt like she was a close friend who was going through the emotions with us. Every time I have called or emailed, she has responded promptly and seemed to remember everything from the last visit with ease. I feel extremely fortunate to have Marlee as our nurse for our extremely rare and unexpected journey.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The space was clean, calming and had an inviting atmosphere. It almost felt like I was on vacation at a spa. Every member of the staff was kind and compassionate towards us. I enjoyed the selection of books to read while in the waiting room and the beautiful consultation room.
Currently our costs are limited.
+ Read more- Read less

Robert kiltz was an amazing doctor and very helpful. He is a very busy doctor so I wasn’t able to meet with him every time but his staff was amazing as well and he made sure to reach out to be after to make sure I was comfortable with what was going on.... After two ectopic pregnancy’s and several miscarriages leading to both tubes being removed I was forced to move to big to extend our family. After several consultations I found CNY with doc kiltz waited months to speak him he wanted me to get test done and wanted me to start a low dose of medicine to start a mini Ivf and with the mini I only had two eggs and 1 fertilized we did a 3 day fresh transfer
The clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] was very clean and relaxing. When arriving they aloud my family and I to have a person room to wait in to rest after our long drive. When going in for retrieval I felt so relaxed. During my transfer i went to there spa which was very affordable and helps you relax so your not so nervous. My advise is to come early and inhale all the positive experiences they have for you to enjoy.... 4900 for retrieval transfer is 1500 medication about 3000 plus local monitoring for doc kiltz was about 2500-3000 depend how every appointment went.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be patient and trust him as a specialist he is great.
During this process he was so warm welcoming and treated me as if he knew me for years when I just met him. He assured me that I wasn’t alone and helped me through the process.
After two ectopic pregnancy’s and several miscarriages leading to both tubes being removed I was forced to move to big to extend our family. After several consultations I found CNY with doc kiltz waited months to speak him he wanted me to get test done and wanted me to start a low dose of medicine to start a mini Ivf and with the mini I only had two eggs and 1 fertilized we did a 3 day fresh transfer I live in Michigan and drove all the way to New York for this. We had a positive test and the ultrasound discovered twins at 14 weeks we had a missed miscarriage after some time to heal dr kiltz said to wait until 2 cycles and try again but this time a full ivf with menopur and give my body time to heel and do a frozen transfer we waited a month and did a 5 day frozen transfer which was successful and we got a healthy baby boy. We hope to expend our family one more time.
The nurses communication was great them always got back to me quickly and were also helpful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic was very clean and relaxing. When arriving they aloud my family and I to have a person room to wait in to rest after our long drive. When going in for retrieval I felt so relaxed. During my transfer i went to there spa which was very affordable and helps you relax so your not so nervous. My advise is to come early and inhale all the positive experiences they have for you to enjoy.
Doctor kiltz suggested on embryo because it has better success for myself.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Kiltz] never cared to look at my history or find out WHY we weren't getting pregnant. He only cared about the appearance to grow on social media. His treatment was wayyyy more focused on KETO than anything else.... Each time I had a call with him - he never answered my questions or gave me a clear direction on our plan or our results. I I lost all trust in him when my husband and I went to his office to find out if we had any embryos after our ER.
The clinic [CNY] is wayyyyyyy too busy to provide quality care. It's super easy to fall through the cracks. Your care will be overlooked and a specific protocol tailored to you is non-existent. They only provide cookie cutter plans. And if it doesn't work - they suggest sperm donor or egg donation without knowing the reason WHY your cycle didn't work. The only good parts: the spa... The nursing staff was not bad. BUT you didn't meet with the same nurse EVER.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz acts like he cares in person - but in reality to him - your failed cycle doesn't really matter because you could just do another one in his eyes. AND he doesn't care about finding out WHY your IVF cycle fails and will only suggest using donor sperm with a second egg retrieval 'just in case'. From my own experience - he never cared to look at my history or find out WHY we weren't getting pregnant. He only cared about the appearance to grow on social media. His treatment was wayyyy more focused on KETO than anything else. Our consultation was not about our history, his plan for us, but all about KETO and how we are lions. I never had an experience like that until I met him and I am alllll about a holistic approach as well. Each time I had a call with him - he never answered my questions or gave me a clear direction on our plan or our results. I I lost all trust in him when my husband and I went to his office to find out if we had any embryos after our ER. I told him that I hadn't heard from the embryologist and I was wondering if we had any embryos to transfer. He went to check. When he came back - without looking at me - he said "it didn't make it" three times. As I cried I asked him why I didn't get a call. Dr. Kiltz got super close to me, put his hands on my knees, and said that the lab called him the day before and told him but he was in surgery and busy, and his wife was mad at him. HIS WIFE WAS MAD AT HIM?!!?!?! So that gives him a reason not to communicate with his patients?! He knew we lost our embryo but acted like he had no idea. When one of my meds was forgotten - he said it was because they didn't have it!!! Ummm...hello! I had it! I traveled with it on a plane. It made zero sense. His entire treatment plan for us made zero sense but I had no idea because I had never been through IVF and I trusted him! :(
RUN! Do not waste your money or your time. You a number. If you do not fit the cookie cutter mold then you will not get the care that you deserve. Look up lawsuits against him. Look up reviews on him. Do not trust FB groups that rave about him! When I found out my cycle failed he was going to immediately give me a second cycle on them (since they messed up). But I refused to accept it because I don't trust them. They have wayyyy more patients than they can manage. If you want to go to the McDonald's of fertility treatment - go to CNY. You get what you pay for. He will not look at your history. Do not be afraid to follow your gut if it tells you he is not right. Be your own advocate. Stay on top of your protocol! Hold them accountable if you do decide to go with them.
I totally felt like a number when being treated by Dr. Kiltz. He never remembered my history, what meds I was taking, or if we were even going to do Fresh or FET with our IVF cycle. I had to constantly remind him of all of these things - even during our cycle AND on the day of our egg retrieval!!!
Gonal F (300 IU) for 9 days Menopur was forgotten then added on day 4 (75 IU) for 6 days Cetrotide added on day 4 for 6 days Last shots on day 9 AM Trigger shot on day 9 PM
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace was great and totally cared. The nursing staff was not bad. BUT you didn't meet with the same nurse EVER. No one was ever on the same page. I met with Grace twice and after that I met with a diff nurse each time. I was seen almost every other day during my IVF cycle and I saw a lot of nurses. When I would ask questions as to why a med was forgotten or if something about my cycle was normal - they never gave me an answer.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is wayyyyyyy too busy to provide quality care. It's super easy to fall through the cracks. Your care will be overlooked and a specific protocol tailored to you is non-existent. They only provide cookie cutter plans. And if it doesn't work - they suggest sperm donor or egg donation without knowing the reason WHY your cycle didn't work. The only good parts: the spa
Anesthesia, blood work, monitoring, ER, diagnostic blood work
He said he would only transfer one because of the law and he could get in trouble to transferring too many multiples.

2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. K [Kiltz] is super busy, but he makes himself available to patients through phone calls, texts and drop-ins to yoga classes. When you are his patient, he makes you feel like you are his only patient. He really take time to explain why he thinks a certain protocol and other non-traditional stuff like keto and immune priming is right for you as a patient. ... He's definitely not the doctor for every patient.
The staff there really know me and treated me like family. I was so happy to graduate, but sad to be leaving the staff. Soem people might find the lack of doctors to be a weakness, but I trusted all of the NPs in the Rochester office carrying out Dr. K's protocols. I always felt like I was getting the very best care for me, regardless of the type of provider I saw. ... Due to my age (40), type of embryo (day 3) and prior unsuccessful fresh transfer, we were encouraged to put 2 or 3 embryos in.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He's definitely not the doctor for every patient. If you're less open to his non-traditional approach, Dr. Corley might be a better choice. However, he is so passionate about what he does and he wants everyone to be able to have a baby on their terms. He's also really open finding ways to get his patients treatment cutting-edge treatment that might now be approved in NYS or the US by referring to other clinics (e.g ERA receptivity testing).
Bring a notebook, bring a list of questions, and expect the conversation to go a mile a minute. You can always get more info from an NP if you don't understand something.
Dr. K is super busy, but he makes himself available to patients through phone calls, texts and drop-ins to yoga classes. When you are his patient, he makes you feel like you are his only patient. He really take time to explain why he thinks a certain protocol and other non-traditional stuff like keto and immune priming is right for you as a patient.
Jan 2018 - Hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy, started keto diet, continued on LDN (started in April 2017) Feb 2018 - no period, started Ovasitol, Mar 2018 - period, but follicle were too big on Day 4 to start April 2018 - Egg retrieval cycle: Gonal-F 225 + Menopur 75, Cetrotide, prednisone, baby aspirin, neupogen, lovenox. Retrieve 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized. Transferred 1 fresh and froze 3 on day 3. This fresh cycle was not successful. May 2018 - took a vacation, dropped all meds but kept with keto diet, ovasitol, LDN, prenatal (lost 20 lbs). June 2018 - FET Cycle: Medicated cycle with estrace, endometrin, PIO, lovenox, neupogen, baby aspirin, prednisone (upped from 5mg to 10mg), LDN, prenatal. Weekly intralipids, including day of transfer. Weekly acupuncture including before and after transfer. We transferred two day 3 embryos (4/8 and 5/9 in quality). Both embryos took and I'm now ~19 week pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Fertility is a pretty busy place, but I was lucky to live in Rochester and mostly visit the Rochester office. The staff there really know me and treated me like family. I was so happy to graduate, but sad to be leaving the staff. Soem people might find the lack of doctors to be a weakness, but I trusted all of the NPs in the Rochester office carrying out Dr. K's protocols. I always felt like I was getting the very best care for me, regardless of the type of provider I saw.
IVF package wa $4150 ($3900 plus a financing fee). All other costs (monitoring and medications were covered by insurance) or in some cases medications were donated by other fertility friends.
Due to my age (40), type of embryo (day 3) and prior unsuccessful fresh transfer, we were encouraged to put 2 or 3 embryos in. Ultimately the decision was ours.
+ Read more- Read less

I wish I had more to offer in reference to experience with Dr. Kiltz .However, in the years that I have been seen at the clinic I have interacted with Dr.Kilts a total of two times and each time was no more than 5 mins total. That is within the 3 years that I have received care at the CNY Facility...Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols...Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
Do your research and ask plenty of questions [at CNY Fertility Center]. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle...The nursing staff at CNY was very knowledgable and helpful. I was always able to call the after hours line with ANY questions pertaining to my treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Do your research and ask plenty of questions. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle.
Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols. When being seen at CNY Syracuse it is rare to see the same nurse. And even more rare to see Dr.Kiltz. You are passed from one nurse to the next and given a standard protocol that is basically a "one size fits all protocol". Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
Started the below meds on cycle day 4- Prednisone 5mg 3x daily for inflammation Estrace 2mg 2x daily to build uterine lining Started the below meds in Cycle day 9 PIO 1mg by intramuscular injection 1x daily for uterine recieptivity Endometrin Vaginal suppository 2 x daily Uterine receptivity Baby asprin 81 mg 1 x inflammation Remained on all meds until negative beta test
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Friday is the busiest day at which time the clinic is always over booked. To make up for the over booked schedule patients are rushed. Prepare to be there for over an hour even if you are just there for blood draw. The clinic is very clean and organized.
1 Cycle IVF 4,900 IVF monitoring $825 Fet $231.46 Fet monitoring $725

Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] didn’t make me feel it was an inconvenience or he was too busy. He has returned my call at 10 PM his time due to the time difference and he was willing to address all my concerns...He has a positive attitude and also incorporated eastern medicine into his practice and recommendations. He is a wonderful, caring, and compassionate man!...truly cares about his patients.
The nursing staff [at CNY] was available 24 hours a day if any complications arose. They were knowledgeable and compassionate at every step...Sometimes when having a test done we had to follow up on the results ourselves...$3900 for IVF and $150 outside patient monitoring...As a new patient it is difficult to be a little assertive at times. This was necessary in this fast paced high volume clinic. They are doing an amazing job at making excellent care affordable. They do not do a lot of hand holding so some research on my end was required and the social media support groups were helpful. Also Dr. Kiltz does a Sunday night fireside chat where you can connect with him and other patients to ask questions and learn.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz truly cares about his patients. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to call when any questions or concerns. At first I didn’t believe it would really work but I called him and he was so amazing. He didn’t make me feel it was an inconvenience or he was too busy. He has returned my call at 10 PM his time due to the time difference and he was willing to address all my concerns and offe support. He has a positive attitude and also incorporated eastern medicine into his practice and recommendations. He is a wonderful, caring, and compassionate man!
Advocate for your self and ASK.
Dr. Kiltz is always available to answer questions or simply listen to your concerns. He makes himself more accessible than doctors with less than half his patient amounts.
The cycle started with priming using anti inflammatories and HGH. I was on a high dose injectable protocol. This was based on the previous IVF cycle information that doctor stated. My previous doctor refused to access one of my ovaries but Dr. Kiltz was able to access both without serious complications.
The nursing staff was available 24 hours a day if any complications arose. They were knowledgeable and compassionate at every step.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$3900 for IVF and $150 outside patient monitoring.

IVF, Donor Eggs
My husband left a semen sample that was meant to be frozen for future embryos [at CNY Fertility Center]. The clinic mistook it as a semen analysis and discarded the sample after the analysis. We were not charged for the test...It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz wants his patients and clinic to succeed. He makes himself accessible to his patients at all times. When our first donor egg round didn’t yield results we were hoping for, he gave us another round for free. I’ve never heard of another clinic doing that. He does have controversial opinions on diet and immunities- which makes him try things more “out of the box” than other doctors. He will talk to you about diet and environment on a soap box- whether or not you believe in his opinion.
Remember this is a high volume clinic and procedures won’t necessarily be catered to you individually. You’ll start with a standard protocol and work mainly with nurses. Still, Dr. Kiltz is reputable, aggressive, and will try anything to help you get pregnant. He wants his patients to succeed
Dr. Kiltz makes himself accessible to his patients by giving his cell phone number and personal email. Because it’s a high volume clinic, he won’t know you or your details without looking at a chart, but he is willing to listen and refresh his memory about your situation with each encounter.
Dr. Kiltz believes that inflammation and diet cause transfers to fail - so he adds antibiotics, presidone, and prograf to the standard estogen and progesterone. On our second transfer he was more aggressive with the immunity protocol- adding nuepogen, lovenox, and intralipids all to reduce inflammation for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The only negative thing about our nurse coordinator was that she was hard to get in touch with. She communicates primarily through the online portal and is difficult to reach by phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, staff are friendly, and has a built in “spa” for accupuncture and massage - easily accessible for transfer day. Really a beautiful facility. It was easy to travel to, nearby hotels offer discounts for patients using the clinic, and overall has an impressive, calming atmosphere that doesn’t feel like an IVF clinic
CNY is specifically known for low cost care. The prices are less than half of what local clinics charge. It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Our first round we transferred 2 three-day embryos on account that they weren’t graded very highly. Our second transfer we were recommended to transfer one 3-day because it looked great. Neither worked so I’m glad we didn’t “waste” embryos by transferring 2 at a time. Dr. Kiltz was open to transferring 2 if I would have pushed but I went with his suggestion.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] didn’t seem rushed at all to get to the next patient...He was willing to treat things proactively which I really appreciated...did all the testing that they usually wait until you have 2 miscarriages. We only had one but he wanted to do everything...He doesn’t recommend PGS testing...He was willing to give us all the help we needed and volunteered to do more without us having to ask.
We bought our plane tickets, booked a hotel then waited for them [CNY Fertility Center] to call or send us a med list. Nothing came. Finally we called them and they told us it’s too late to start a cycle this month. We lost all the money from the tickets. Our first retrieval, we didn’t know they called in several refills on our meds. Well we ran out of Gonal the day before trigger. So we called them and they said it’s too late to get it overnighted so we had to pay OOP $1000 at a local pharmacy.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Out of the box thinker, kind and fun to be around. He made me feel comfortable with the process. He did my lapro surgery and after explained very thoroughly what is going on. He didn’t seem rushed at all to get to the next patient. He went in and visited with my family while I was recovering. He was willing to treat things proactively which I really appreciated. Too often with fertility doctors want you to fail first. They wouldn’t do that with any other disease. They wouldn’t wait till you get pneumonia to give you antibiotics. They wouldn’t make you break your arm twice before putting a cast on. Kilts did all the testing that they usually wait until you have 2 miscarriages. We only had one but he wanted to do everything. I wish we went to him sooner is my only regret. So many other doctors I’ve consulted with said they wouldn’t even have done the testing it’s so insulting.
Just do your research. He doesn’t recommend PGS testing but if you want it then make it happen.
He was willing to give us all the help we needed and volunteered to do more without us having to ask. That means a lot when you’re under the duress of fertility treatments.
My first protocol was the standard antagonist protocol. Stimmed with cetrotide and gonalf only. We were on a budget so he let us skip the menopur.
Having lived close to the clinic and far from it, I got to work with 2 different “teams”. The regular on site team is amazing- communicating well, experienced, caring. The travel team, well, they’re pretty bare bones. If you’re commuting to the clinic from another state then you get the travel team. I admit it’s a challlenge on their part to provide patient care over the phone so you can’t really expect much, but they really should try to bridge the gap somehow and they don’t. They are either too busy or don’t realize that you’re not getting any care from whichever facility you’re monitoring with. If you’re not doing a retrieval or transfer they don’t answer your phone calls some days. Some of the nurses have no idea what a protocol is or what to do. Your guess is often better than theirs. Your discharge to your ob when you do get pregnant is- they don’t email you anymore. I have to say my miscarriage might not have happened if I was prepared for leaving the clinic and what to do with my meds. I had to ask a bunch of times which meds to take after leaving. I didn’t agree with what they said, but it’s hard to advocate for yourself over email. A phone call could clear up a lot
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This is the most amazing clinic you’ll ever go to. It feels like a high end spa. You get your Accupuncture treatments right there, there’s free fertility yoga, and it’s beautiful. Like the four seasons or something
Self pay $7000 including bare bones meds and a surgery. Not including airfare, etc. That is for 1 retrieval and 2 transfers
Kiltz is a strong advocate for single transfer which is good. However it should be more strictly enforced. It was fairly easy for us to get as many as we wanted transferred because if Kiltz isn’t available another doctor stands in for him and the other doctors aren’t as strict

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I was not told [by Dr. Robert Kiltz] about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in... I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!"... the doctor is almost never involved
Ordering the drugs [at CYN Fertility Center] is CRAZY! They come from all different places (because they are trying to save you money) but you don't get a checklist of drugs to expect and where to call to get them. The first cycle I was scrambling as I was missing things...Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
This person is completely a monomaniac about diet. He neglected to send me for some very important tests which could have given insight into why I have recurrent pregnancy loss. I was not told about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in. He throws a lot of off-label use drugs at harder to treat patients and I am not sure to what extent these help. I am a professor. I find him extremely condescending and talks as if I am a complete idiot being fooled by "the food industry". I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!" - I don't let students make arguments based on "I once knew somebody who...." A doctor should know better!
Go somewhere else. Or know a lot about your situation and have a plan. Ask to see Dr Corley.
This is a very busy clinic. I am not among the chosen ones who had the doctor's home number. Nobody is "in charge" of your file. You see a rotating cast of nurses and the doctor is almost never involved. Over time, I felt my situation had changed. I started as a single person and then moved to having trouble conceiving with a partner. After multiple losses, nobody contacted me, or decided to change the plan. I always had to advocate and enquire. I didn't know much when I started as I was single and did not yet know I had fertility issues. This was a real set back. The doctor is also on a ridiculous Keto diet kick. It does not matter why you are there, he will tell you about it. This is EXTREMELY hurtful after a low egg retrieval or a miscarriage to be grilled on your diet. Also, I mentioned that I had been severely anorexic and a restrictive diet was not an option for me. He ignored this and continued to praise high-fat foods.
IUI #1 - BFN Some drugs leading up to IUI, can't recall Egg Collection #1: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 13 eggs- 2 made it to 5 day freeze iui#2: Chemical Egg collection #2: Menopur, Follistim (after when it went badly, he was like, oh you really should not have skipped the hcg!) 4 eggs, 2 day 3s transferred, none frozen. Transfer 1: 2 day 3 fresh= MC at 6 weeks (lovenox, LDN, PIO, endometrin) Egg Collection #3: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 7 eggs, 4 embryos Transfer 2: two day 5s with full "immune protocol (IVIG, intralipids, hcg wash, plaquanil, neupogen) ... results TBD
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle G)
So the main issue here is nobody is a "care coordinator". I learned from friends who went here to find a nurse I like and ask for them. Also, after two years, you know everyone! My unofficial main nurse was amazing. Always knew my file, compassionate and willing to press the doctor when I needed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are the nursing and front desk staff. The free yoga is a nice touch, but the instructors are not consistent and really vary in skill. The weakness is no real coordination of care. I should say I have EXCELLENT insurance so money was not a factor. I know many people choose this clinic for its pricing.
Go on Tuesday or Thursday whenever you can! You get given a time, but it is actually just a line by arrival. Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
I had excellent insurance but spent about 5000$ on co-pay and prescriptions. A few of the off-label use drugs were very expensive. This is for three egg retrievals, two transfers and two IUIs.
We did two as I am close to 40 and ok with multiples