Medical SchoolU. of California Davis
FellowshipUCLA
195 INTREPID LANE
SYRACUSE, NY 13205
315.469.8700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Kiltz to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
He [Dr. Kiltz] went out of his way to talk to us and make us feel comfortable and welcomed at CNY... called my husband personally and set up a new plan for us when our cycle did not work. He changed my meds and had us freeze our embryos on day 3. He answered all of our questions and was very helpful...They did a sperm extraction on my husband and ICSI. They decided to freeze our embryos on day 3. They froze 4 embryos. One is rated good and 3 are rated fair. We did not transfer them yet.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz called my husband personally and set up a new plan for us when our cycle did not work. He changed my meds and had us freeze our embryos on day 3. He answered all of our questions and was very helpful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
You have to be you’re on advocate when it comes to CNY. There are not enough nurses for the amount of patients and you need to fight sometimes to get your questions answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He went out of his way to talk to us and make us feel comfortable and welcomed at CNY.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The first cycle we used Menopur and Follistim. My husband gave a fresh sperm sample and we used ICSI. We only had one embryo survive to day 5. We did a 5 day fresh transfer and it did not work. The second time, Dr. Kiltz put me on Menopur only. They did a sperm extraction on my husband and ICSI. They decided to freeze our embryos on day 3. They froze 4 embryos. One is rated good and 3 are rated fair. We did not transfer them yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brenley)
Brenley was amazing! She took the time to answer any questions we had and was always willing to talk. She was the only nurse there that didn’t rush when I talked to her.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The price is definitely a strength of CNY. We wouldn’t be able to afford IVF if it wasn’t for the price. The atmosphere of CNY is great too. It’s so relaxing and the staff work hard to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. One negative thing is there are so many patients and not enough nurses. You truly have to be you’re own advocate and call multiple times to get someone to answer you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
It’s very affordable, but we did have one issue where they misquoted a procedure for my husband and now are making him pay the new price.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Dr. Kiltz suggested one embryo for our fresh day 5 transfer and 2 embryos for our frozen day 3 transfer.
2012 - 2018
Dr Kiltz always makes time for his patients, even handing out his private cell phone number. While he can sometimes go off on tangents during conversations, he always makes his best efforts to be positive and kind... He is truly passionate and caring. It can sometimes be difficult to get him to answer questions bluntly and concisely, as he sometimes strays off the topic to talk about religion and positivity. Sometimes I just want more fact based answers.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I love Dr Kiltz. He is truly passionate and caring. It can sometimes be difficult to get him to answer questions bluntly and concisely, as he sometimes strays off the topic to talk about religion and positivity. Sometimes I just want more fact based answers.
Because the clinic can be a bit understaffed, you have to be somewhat on top of your care.
It was an IUI cycle that was converted to IVF because I had too many mature follicles (I felt this was the fault of the attending nurse because I specifically asked if we should lower the FSH dosage and she said no, so I wasn’t surprised when I had 4 or 5 mature follicles).
I felt it was hit or miss as far as competence of the nursing staff was concerned. I always requested working with Danielle Villa - she was attentive, knowledgeable and extremely diligent.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think Because the clinic offers such low rates on fertility treatment and IVF, they don’t keep as much nursing and support staff as a traditional fertility clinic. I am local t the clinic so it was very easy for me to stop in for bloodwork and the information was always very quickly uploaded to the patient portal (which is awesome and very convenient). I’ve heard working with the travel team can be difficult as they are understaffed and not very responsive. It’s a beautiful, comfortable clinic that feels more like a spa than a medical facility (and I mean this in a good way). I’ve always enjoyed going there and chatting with the friendly staff. I like hat they incorporate Eastern medical practices and massage into their practice.
We had a $3000 medical deductible that we quickly went through on ordering fertility medications the first month. After that we spent a few hundred more on monitoring and medications with our 20% deductible. The cost of IVF was $3500
ROCHESTER
Dr. Kiltz always gives out his personal cell number for you to call or text if you have questions...His attitude is so positive and reassuring. He answers all of my questions and explains everything in detail...I had a concern show up on my baseline ultrasound. I immediately contacted Dr. K and he put my mind at ease. We were able to adjust my treatment accordingly...I have PCOS and Dr. Kiltz put me on an immune protocol for inflammation. The plan basically consisted of the Keto diet and taking LDN (low dose naltrexone) for inflammation. My cycle ended up being cancelled due to a fibroid being found on baseline ultrasound, but I felt awesome on Keto and the LDN helped me sleep better at night.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I love Dr. Kiltz! His attitude is so positive and reassuring. He answers all of my questions and explains everything in detail. I can call or text him personally on his cell if I have additional concerns and he responds. I had a concern show up on my baseline ultrasound. I immediately contacted Dr. K and he put my mind at ease. We were able to adjust my treatment accordingly.
My advice to prospective patients is to call Dr. kiltz personally if you don’t understand your treatment plan or have questions. He might be scheduled for 1001 things, but he will call you back!
I’ve always felt like a human with CNY. Whenever I have questions, the travel nurses quickly respond with an answer. Dr. Kiltz always gives out his personal cell number for you to call or text if you have questions.
The nursing staff was pleasant, very knowledgable, and always willing to help find answers to questions. I received follow up via call back or message in patient portal in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths - The clinic is very compassionate to infertile patients - no one is turned away; always have personal access to Dr. Kiltz via his personal cell phone; they offer treatment financing; has a healing arts center where you can get massages or acupuncture before or after transfers. Weaknesses - I think the clinic takes on too many patients and some can get lost in the crowd; need more location options for traveling patients
$3,900 for ivf, $1,400 for medication, $875 for monitoring
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I never see Dr. Kiltz. I had a phone call with him once, but I still didn't feel like it was very personalized. I appreciated the call to help figure out next steps, but I felt very overwhelmed and confused after the phone call...I felt like I had to be an advocate for my care vs. my doctor really watching out for me and making decisions in my best interest...I was monitored and at a certain point they put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation. However at about day 9 or 10 I went in for an ultrasound and they thought that I may have ovulated through the medication.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is hard for me to answer this because I have never met him in person. The nurses I have met were nice enough, but I feel like they are overwhelmed with patients. I felt like I had to be an advocate for my care vs. my doctor really watching out for me and making decisions in my best interest.
Be prepared to never meet him and for long waits in the lobby.
Usually I feel like a number because the waiting room is always packed with people and I never see Dr. Kiltz. I had a phone call with him once, but I still didn't feel like it was very personalized. I appreciated the call to help figure out next steps, but I felt very overwhelmed and confused after the phone call.
I started an IVF cycle with Menopur and Gonal. I was also on naltrexone and Prednisone. I was monitored and at a certain point they put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation. However at about day 9 or 10 I went in for an ultrasound and they thought that I may have ovulated through the medication. When they got my blood work back my progesterone level was too high to continue with the cycle. They also said my follicles just did not develop properly. So this cycle I am doing a priming cycle with HGH shots every day. Hopefully this will help me respond better to the medication. I did 4 rounds of IUI on letrozole and Gonal and never got more than one or maybe 2 mature follicles. All 4 IUI'S failed.
I think everyone on the staff is very nice and professional. I just feel like there are too many patients for them to be able to give any level of personal care. Often times I just feel like I am I am uterus factory. again--I don't think this is the fault of the nursing staff-- I just think they either need more staff of fewer patients.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and professional. They have early morning hours which is super helpful with my work schedule. My biggest complaint is that they are often running severely behind schedule. This means that the nurses are just hurrying people through to try to get back on schedule. I have been on the verge of tears on the office and have felt like they didn't even care--they just needed to get to the next person.
40.00 Co pay for every visit. IUI meds and procedures covered by my insurance, but I still had some big co-pays for some of the injections. For IVF nothing is covered by my insurance except the monitoring. The cost for the IVF is 3900. The other medication I had to buy (that I didn't have left over from my IUI cycles) was probably about 500.00.
We didn't get this fat yet.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour with my husband and I talking about a holistic approach to getting pregnant. He gave me all of my options from the most conservative to the most aggressive, along with natural approaches....but he left it up to me to decide my path. He gave my husband and I a lot of hope and encouragement and truly made us feel special and cared for...He was also very blunt about the best course of treatment. Dr. Kiltz makes you feel like you are his only patient, even though I know he has thousands.....
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a warm and compassionate doctor. As a patient of his, I can tell you that he reached out to me personally a few times from his cell phone to check on me when I had pain and issues. If he wasn't available he had his nurse follow through. He also did his best to set me up with appointments that worked with my hectic work schedule. Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour with my husband and I talking about a holistic approach to getting pregnant. He gave me all of my options from the most conservative to the most aggressive, along with natural approaches....but he left it up to me to decide my path. He gave my husband and I a lot of hope and encouragement and truly made us feel special and cared for. I 100% believe he wants to help all of his patients have a family. I am so grateful to Dr. Kiltz for being thorough up until the every last detail and being open to us asking questions when we were confused. He was also very blunt about the best course of treatment. Dr. Kiltz makes you feel like you are his only patient, even though I know he has thousands.....
Dr. Kiltz is a firm believer in the holistic approach to conceiving a child....he doesn't just push medication. It is important to be aware of this if you aren't use to doctors like this or have a different opinion.
I cannot explain the gratitude I have towards Dr. Kiltz and CNY as a whole. I am not pregnant yet, but the time and attention they give me is unlike any doctor I have had before. I found Dr. Kiltz while I was under treatment with a completely different clinic and different doctor. I had an IUI done at a different clinic and had EXTREME pain afterwards. I was bedridden, in tears, and on the verge of going to the ER. I called my current clinic at the time and they said not to worry, my pain was totally normal and likely ovulation pain....even though I explained I could not walk or really move and was crying on the phone. I got off the phone and called back the next day, still in pain...not as bad, but still pretty bad. I asked to speak with my active doctor about it and the nurse said that I'd have to make an appointment. I was really scared and frustrated, so I looked online for other fertility clinics and found CNY....I called CNY and was connected to a nurse. I explained my situation to her and she said extreme pain like what I was having after an IUI is not normal....she said she'd call me back. Dr. Kiltz called me back from his personal cell phone. He scheduled me to come in the next day with him, and he personally checked me out. He determined that I had 2 very large cysts....and took me off any course of treatment going forward until they healed. My previous RE told me I had less than 5% chance of getting pregnant and said I had early signs of a diminished ovarian reserve. At my previous clinic I was told my eggs were similar to cereal on the bottom of a cereal box. Dr. Kiltz did the same diagnostic tests and said he thinks I could get pregnant naturally. I went to a second consultation with him after following his natural remedies to get rid of my cysts. My LARGE cysts healed in 3 weeks. He referred me to a yoga studio, suggested vitamins, acupuncture, and a strict diet. He walked me through what my journey will look like. He spent over an hour with my husband and I gave us so much hope and reassurance. I was distraught for 2 months at my other RE office.....but Dr. Kiltz has helped me feel calm and has taught me how to stay in control of such a hard situation. I have a great plan going forward of different treatments to try (staying as conservative as possible and slowly moving up the ladder of fertility treatments.) Dr. Kiltz did not even have me as a patient, but he was concerned about my level of pain and took me in. I will be forever grateful. As you can see.....he makes you feel like a human.
Dr. Kiltz prescribed letrozole, baby aspirin, and progesterone for each of my IUI cycles. Letrozole is to increase my chances of getting pregnant, baby aspirin to help my uterus lining, and progesterone because I have low progesterone.
Where to start?? The nursing staff is INCREDIBLE. They are SO thorough. They also make you feel like you are their only patient. They explain everything, are so pleasant about it, and answer any questions they need. They respond to phone calls, voicemails, E-mails....anything...you name it! They also really try to work around your schedule to make your appointments. This nursing staff at CNY is a complete 360 from the nursing staff at my prior clinic I was at before CNY, so I have something to compare it with. I leave CNY without lingering questions, which lessens my anxiety.....this is really important to me.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a lot of flexibility with appointments all day long. They will really try to accommodate you! The nurses are miracle workers. They are so thoughtful, friendly, compassionate, and really take the time with you. They explain everything to you and show you what is going on during each appointment (ultrasound, bloodwork, IUI) I have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen...they are SO punctual. The only weakness I would say is that they don't have appointments early enough....but I am probably in a unique situation. I have to be at work at 7:30....so even 7:00 appointments are too late for me. I wish they did 6:30 for baseline and monitoring. Other than that......they are just incredible.
IUI is covered. IVF is not.
2011 - 2018
Ask a lot of questions because Dr. Kiltz and his team will take the time to answer every single one of them...We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility over 7 years ago. Through the years we have undergone 8 IUI and just had two failed Egg Retrieval’s. But Dr. Kiltz has never given up on us and our unexplained status. He changes your meds to meet your needs and makes you feel not so alone in this process.
2011 - 2018
South Asian, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz treats everyone as individuals and does not treat you as a number. He is kind, compassionate and truly cares about helping to create families. Every time you see him he is a ray of sunshine and always explains everything in detail. He is the most thorough doctor I have ever seen.
Come prepared with a list of questions you have for your treatment plan. Ask a lot of questions because Dr. Kiltz and his team will take the time to answer every single one of them.
Dr Kiltz and his team have always treated us with kindness, caring and understanding. They are a pleasure to work with
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Testa)
Kelly Testa takes phenomenal care of me each time I am at the clinic. She shows compassion and takes her time explaining everything to you.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The entire staff at CNY Fertikity, Syracuse are kind, compassionate and caring. You’re always greeted with a warm welcome and an offering of water or tea. They truely care about your wellbeing and comfort each and every visit. The staff are accommodating to all your needs and make you feel like an individual, not a number.
We pay 100% out of pocket for IVF and insurance covered most of our IUI procedures. The billing dept works well with you when it comes to financing.
Dr. Kiltz does not treat everyone the same. He goes on a case by case basis. If he believes you should only transfer one embryo, then he suggests only doing that. Everyone is an individual to him and his team.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
he [Dr. Kiltz] recommended Keto to reduce inflammation. Metformin, Ovavite, and Ovasil are all in efforts to help with egg quality...I dealt mostly with all nurses for my appointments...Interactions with Dr. Kiltz over the phone and in person as he did my embryo transfer was great. He was kind, to the point, and knowledgeable... was a conversion IVF cycle that did end in a successful pregnancy and birth of my now almost 16 month old son!
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very enthusiastic and passionate about what he does. He may be a little hyped up about the Keto diet, but he did convince my husband and I to do it- almost 2 months now! My egg retrieval (2nd - my first was a conversion IVF cycle that did end in a successful pregnancy and birth of my now almost 16 month old son!) is tomorrow in Syracuse and I am so excited - and nervous- really hoping for a successful experience like last time!
He’s a very excited little man.
I dealt mostly with all nurses for my appointments. They were so sweet and thoughtful- felt completely comfortable going there despite the reasons. Interactions with Dr. Kiltz over the phone and in person as he did my embryo transfer was great. He was kind, to the point, and knowledgeable.
Because I have PCO he recommended Keto to reduce inflammation. Metformin, Ovavite, and Ovasil are all in efforts to help with egg quality. I assume all are helpful- tough to fully understand what is what.
I love them!!! I usually had the same two or sometimes three nurses so we got to know each other well. They pay great attention to detail and make me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: love the interior design and overall feel. Color schemes are amazing and warm feeling - not like a traditional doctor office that is white and stark seeming. Little coffee and tea shop is nice and adds to the feel. I absolutely love the tea they have available in the waiting room! Weakness: not crazy about the incense or oil smell that is supposed to be relaxing. I did try the fertility yoga only once- didn’t go back because no yoga actually happened it was just a bunch of women crying and venting about their personal situations. For me, I was looking for an uplifting and positive experience.
IUI was covered by insurance. Converting to IVF was around $3000. Upcoming egg retrieval and transfer, along with meds, is total $7500.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Kiltz] is a little bit scattered sometimes but that's because he has alot of people who need his time and only so much time in a day but he also makes sure that you're ok and understand everything...is an amazing and compassionate person who you can genuinely tell he cares and wants you to succeed in this journey..I mean what dr gives out his personal cellphone number to his patients and says if you have an emergency or a question or a problem just text me.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is an amazing and compassionate person who you can genuinely tell he cares and wants you to succeed in this journey..I mean what dr gives out his personal cellphone number to his patients and says if you have an emergency or a question or a problem just text me. He is a little bit scattered sometimes but that's because he has alot of people who need his time and only so much time in a day but he also makes sure that you're ok and understand everything.
He's a bit all over the place but he's amazing and Compassionate person. Hes also a little blunt but in a good way.
I've felt like a human rather than a number every time I've walked into CNY the nurses and staff are friendly and remember you by name. I've never had that happen in a drs office before and from Dr Kiltz and even Dr Corley you see them and they talk to you for as long as you need and you can genuinely tell that they care about you and getting you a baby and as a person. Even if you just see one of them walking in the hall you can stop and say hi to them and they ask how you are and how everything is going. It's not just Dr. Kiltz and Dr Corley its everyone there that makes you feel welcome.
The nurses are amazing and compassionate and friendly. They answer your questions timely and do alot. Although sometimes they do miss things in the lab work of messages in the portal get missed so you do have to watch your labs yourself
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you walk in you're greeted by the waiting room which is like walking into a friend's house. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I really can't think of anything bad to say about it. The only thing I could say that might be a negative is that you have to be your own advocate. But that's true with any Drs office
$5800 plus meds that $5800 was because I did my monitoring at CNY and its $850 and I did have extra blood work done as well.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz airs a chat where he answers questions and concerns to anyone, not just patients...fantastic at making you feel special and relieving any stress...did everything he could to help us with a second attempt, helping to squash the doubts I was having about continuing treatment... is a very warm and knowledgable doctor...He's very busy but makes you feel like you're his only patient when you have an appointment with him.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a very warm and knowledgable doctor. He takes time out of his week to provide an hour long video answering questions to anyone that asks, not just patients. He's very busy but makes you feel like you're his only patient when you have an appointment with him.
Be patient because he's very busy but will make you a priority when he's talking with you or treating you.
Sometimes in the clinic it feels like there are too many patients. Dr. Kiltz is fantastic at making you feel special and relieving any stress. The monitoring done up to retrevial is performed by various staff and many of my cycles I never saw the same NP twice. After our failed IVF Dr. Kiltz did everything he could to help us with a second attempt, helping to squash the doubts I was having about continuing treatment with CNY.
My first cycle was his normal protocol for women. Hcg and gonal-f for stim meds plus cetritide once I was closer to ovulation and hcg and lupron for triggers. Unfortunately I ovulated on my own before the retrieval so they retrieved no eggs. My second attempt was a flare lupron where I used lupron and follistim for 10 days and triggered with pregnyl. The second cycle went well and they retrieved 7 eggs, 5 were mature, and 4 fertilized.
Some of the nurses were better than others. I saw more than I can count in my 2 years of treatments at CNY. They are always willing to answer questions and do their best to make you feel comfortable. I wish I would've been assigned the same nurse for my care, it would've make me feel more comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are very busy, be prepared to wait at least 45 minutes for your appointment unless you schedule at 6:45 am. They turn very few people away and are great at talking with you about your questions and concerns. You can request specific nursing staff. If you dont be prepared to see a different nurse each time. They have a fantastic patient portal where you can view your lab results, patient instructions, and treatment flowsheets. You can also send non urgent message or call a 24 hour nursing staff number with questions. They work with other doctors and clinics so you only need to travel for the actual retrievals and transfers Weekly Dr. Kiltz airs a chat where he answers questions and concerns to anyone, not just patients.
I have a high deductible plan so my IUIs ran me about 350 for monitoring once I reached my deductible plus 500+ for meds. My first IVF cycle was 3400 out of my pocket, but that was on a grant program from NYS. I paid an additional 200 for meds that weren't covered by the grant. My second IVF cycle cost me a couple hundred dollars. Dr. Kiltz offered us a free cycle and monitoring due to the unfortunate results of the first try. If we try for another cycle it will cost us 4,750 at CNY for monitoring and the retrieval plus 3-4 thousand for meds.
We spoke with the doctor about our concerns and what we wanted. We decided together to transfer 2 embryos
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz is a very to-the-point man. He tells you exactly what to do to increase your chances and is very straight forward about the whole process. I feel like he actually looked at me and cared about me as a patient, even though there were so many patients in his office...will push KETO big time! Be prepared- at least look into it to have an idea of what to expect...For my fresh transfer I took Cleocin, Endometrin, LDN, Estrace, Asprin, and a Prenatal Vitamin in addition to Progesterone in Oil.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz will push KETO big time! Be prepared- at least look into it to have an idea of what to expect.
Even though CNY has thousands of patients, when you are in the room with Dr. K you feel right at home. The entire clinic has such a warm feeling to it, and everybody in the office cares about you and your successes. While my husband and I were there for our consultation Dr. K spent 3 hours with us!! He is such a busy man but made sure to thoroughly review our history and care plan as well as give us a tour and answer any questions we had. It was an experience unlike any other we have had!
At a previous clinic I responded negatively to HGH. That is something that is usually used in previous retrieval patients, but Dr. K had no problem removing it from my protocol. For my egg retreival I was on 75 mg of Gonal-F and 225 ml (or 3 vials) of Menopur. For my fresh transfer I took Cleocin, Endometrin, LDN, Estrace, Asprin, and a Prenatal Vitamin in addition to Progesterone in Oil.
I love that there is an in house nursing staff, but there is also a travel team that is there for literally anything you could need! Greta helped me when I was trying to decide how many embryos to transfer and she was amazing about giving advice but ultimately having me make the decision. Every person I spoke to was highly knowledgeable about the process and I felt EXTREMELY comfortable that I was in good hands, no matter who I was talking to.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths- every person working here is on the same page treatment wise. They are amazing at explaining everything so you fully understand before beginning. The clinic itself is absolutely gorgeous. It is unique looking and has a home-y feel. Every staff member to include the receptionists are extremely kind and welcoming. Weaknesses- Communication when super busy can take a while. Also, since the clinic is so busy, you may have to wait after your appointment time to see the doctor. Once you are back there, though, you are treated amazing!
Egg retrieval- $3,900 Fresh transfer- included with retrieval Frozen transfer- $250 if done within a year of retrieval There is also a monitoring fee if done at CNY ($800 I think?) or a fee for doing monitoring at home ($150 I think). There is also in home financing AND a military discount!!!
All of my embryos were fragmented, so Dr. Kiltz let us choose whether or transfer one or two. We chose two for our fresh transfer, and it failed. We did a frozen embryo transfer the following month with just one embryo and it also failed. For us with my poorly graded embryos, he was okay with multiples, but said he usually prefers just one for the goal of "one healthy baby."
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz started out by asking if money was a concern. I automatically answered yes (it's the only reason I'd do long distance IVF- obviously CNY is so much cheaper than any clinic around), but then he used my answer to inform my protocol...he talked a lot about "god" and the ketogenic diet. At some points, I felt somewhat emotionally manipulated and confused as to why we would be talking about my belief in god, etc. It's a very vulnerable position to be in, and I did not appreciate the direction of the conversation at all times.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is obviously very passionate and that was both a help and a handicap. During our consultation, he talked a lot about "god" and the ketogenic diet. At some points, I felt somewhat emotionally manipulated and confused as to why we would be talking about my belief in god, etc. It's a very vulnerable position to be in, and I did not appreciate the direction of the conversation at all times.
Be prepared for him to ask you about god and your diet.
Dr. Kiltz was running late for our consultation, and he had someone call me and let me know he was running late. During our consultation, he asked me a wide range of questions, not limited to fertility.
When we got around to talking nuts and bolts about my IVF cycle, Dr. Kiltz started out by asking if money was a concern. I automatically answered yes (it's the only reason I'd do long distance IVF- obviously CNY is so much cheaper than any clinic around), but then he used my answer to inform my protocol. I thought more about it and wished I had known exactly what he was asking - I emailed another doctor at the clinic to clarify that while cost is a concern, I definitely want to have a protocol that will be effective, even if it requires more expensive medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
So far, the communication with my nurse has been great. She is very warm and personable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
You cannot beat the cost. It truly is a gift that CNY is offering to women everywhere who cannot afford the "traditional" cost of IVF. There's a LONG wait list to get in, and now that they've been written up in the WSJ, I'm sure it's just getting longer. I admire Dr. Kiltz's passion and commitment to his work.
haven't started the round yet, but expecting about $11k
SYRACUSE
Except him [Dr. Robert Kiltz] to always be happy!...is the nicest doctor. He understands the struggles that people have with infertility and their want for having a family. He truly wants to help everyone...When he found the cancer again he called me on his personal cell phone and made sure i knew i could call him any time if needed. Hes just a kind, great man...My first appointment wasnt even scheduled with Dr. Kiltz but after seeing the nurse practitioner in the office, he came in and took over care.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My first appointment wasnt even scheduled with Dr. Kiltz but after seeing the nurse practitioner in the office, he came in and took over care. Being a previous cancer patient I think he just wanted me to have the best care possible and hes the best RE around. He spoke to me like a human with feelings as well a someone who is yearning for a family. I never felt like a patient I felt like a friend. When he found the cancer again he called me on his personal cell phone and made sure i knew i could call him any time if needed. Hes just a kind, great man.
Except him to always be happy!
Dr. Kiltz is the nicest doctor. He understands the struggles that people have with infertility and their want for having a family. He truly wants to help everyone.
I didn't get to treatment, but he walked me through all the diagnostic testing, every possible treatment option and when I am cleared to go back to see him he will walk me through everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace )
Grace was amazing, she was so comforting after finding out my cancer had come back and that it could ruin my chances of conceiving.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Front desk staff, nursing staff, providers and phone secretaries are all sweet and compassionate. You know they are all there to see everyone get pregnant. I think the only weakness we could share was during the sperm collection process. It was kinda just sprung on my partner during our first appointment. It was very awkward, which I'm sure at any point its awkward.
My insurance only covered diagnostic testing, anything done beyond that the office works with you on payments.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Dr K[iltz] acts like a human himself, as opposed to just a doctor. So you can naturally feel important to him...is just an inspiration. Putting fertility aside for a minute; everything he preaches to his patients is so unique and unlike any doctor I have ever encountered. His practice is a combination of eastern and western medicine...He is very passionate and he can sometimes go on a tangent and then You may forget what you originally asked him
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Love Love Love Love! Kiltz is just an inspiration. Putting fertility aside for a minute; everything he preaches to his patients is so unique and unlike any doctor I have ever encountered. His practice is a combination of eastern and western medicine.
Ask very pointed questions. Ask direct questions. He is very passionate and he can sometimes go on a tangent and then You may forget what you originally asked him
Dr K acts like a human himself, as opposed to just a doctor. So you can naturally feel important to him.
I did the full immune protocol with my last frozen transfer. Thus far I have done one retrieval with Dr K. One fresh transfer and two frozen. I did intralipids during my second and third transfers in order to avoid any unknown immune complications with implantation. I also did neupogen, lovenox, progerestone in oil, and prednisone. All to assist with ensuring we maximized my potential of implantation. I intend on doing the full protocol next time around as well.
They are amazing. I think they are overwhelmed because they have so many new patients
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This goes for any clinic....be your own advocate. Make sure to understand what is happening to your body. Research. And ask about your results. Learn what your results mean. I was lucky enough with CNY because they found issues with me that 2 other clinics didn’t find
$3900 for egg retrieval and that does include a fresh transfer. $850 of you monitor at CNY. That’s if your insurance doesn’t cover it. $250 for each FET thereafter. PGS testing is a separate cost. Medications are also a separate cost but CNY has many relationships with different pharmacies where you can get competitive prices. The nurses really try to help you find the best priced meds and will point you in the right direction.
Considering my circumstances I really prefer two embryos as a time but I also didn’t PGS test the first timtime around so that’s my reasoning for more than one embryo
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz referred to me by name multiple times. He reviewed my history and was aware of my previous attempts before my appointment. He also personally did my sonogram, he didn't just hand me off to a nurse... He answered all of my questions as I was torn on trying another IUI or going right for IVF. He went over success rates with me for the both and we decided for my IVF would be the best route of action. But he listed to my concerns, and he answered my questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Kiltz so far has been amazing. He answered all of my questions as I was torn on trying another IUI or going right for IVF. He went over success rates with me for the both and we decided for my IVF would be the best route of action. But he listed to my concerns, and he answered my questions. He was polite, he was honest, he was to the point which I think is what a lot of us look for when dealing with infertility issues. He also did my sonogram personally, which at my last clinic the Dr. never did my sonograms or even my iui!
I would tell a prospective patient that the clinic is busy, and you have to be patient. Dr. Kiltz and his staff are there for one reason only...to make babies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
I had questions that came up after my sonogram, and it was just the nurse and myself. She was very knowledgeable and knew the answers. She cared about why I was there, and talked to me like a person, not just like another one she has to poke for blood.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has results, and a lot of satisfied moms. The only downside is the busyness. And that the buffalo office does not yet do IVF so I have to drive to the Syracuse office. The buffalo office also does not currently have the perks the other offices have. Like the massages, Acupuncture and things like that. But I am looking forward to visiting the Syracuse office to see how that staff and that facility is. The office itself is beautiful, and so relaxing and inviting. They also have parties to get to know other patients, and the staff.
I have only had my consultation so far as I'm new to IVF.
HAMBURG
I wish I had more to offer in reference to experience with Dr. Kiltz .However, in the years that I have been seen at the clinic I have interacted with Dr.Kilts a total of two times and each time was no more than 5 mins total. That is within the 3 years that I have received care at the CNY Facility...Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols...Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Do your research and ask plenty of questions. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle.
Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols. When being seen at CNY Syracuse it is rare to see the same nurse. And even more rare to see Dr.Kiltz. You are passed from one nurse to the next and given a standard protocol that is basically a "one size fits all protocol". Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
Started the below meds on cycle day 4- Prednisone 5mg 3x daily for inflammation Estrace 2mg 2x daily to build uterine lining Started the below meds in Cycle day 9 PIO 1mg by intramuscular injection 1x daily for uterine recieptivity Endometrin Vaginal suppository 2 x daily Uterine receptivity Baby asprin 81 mg 1 x inflammation Remained on all meds until negative beta test
The nursing staff at CNY was very knowledgable and helpful. I was always able to call the after hours line with ANY questions pertaining to my treatment.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Friday is the busiest day at which time the clinic is always over booked. To make up for the over booked schedule patients are rushed. Prepare to be there for over an hour even if you are just there for blood draw. The clinic is very clean and organized.
1 Cycle IVF 4,900 IVF monitoring $825 Fet $231.46 Fet monitoring $725
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] didn’t make me feel it was an inconvenience or he was too busy. He has returned my call at 10 PM his time due to the time difference and he was willing to address all my concerns...He has a positive attitude and also incorporated eastern medicine into his practice and recommendations. He is a wonderful, caring, and compassionate man!...truly cares about his patients.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz truly cares about his patients. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to call when any questions or concerns. At first I didn’t believe it would really work but I called him and he was so amazing. He didn’t make me feel it was an inconvenience or he was too busy. He has returned my call at 10 PM his time due to the time difference and he was willing to address all my concerns and offe support. He has a positive attitude and also incorporated eastern medicine into his practice and recommendations. He is a wonderful, caring, and compassionate man!
Advocate for your self and ASK.
Dr. Kiltz is always available to answer questions or simply listen to your concerns. He makes himself more accessible than doctors with less than half his patient amounts.
The cycle started with priming using anti inflammatories and HGH. I was on a high dose injectable protocol. This was based on the previous IVF cycle information that doctor stated. My previous doctor refused to access one of my ovaries but Dr. Kiltz was able to access both without serious complications.
The nursing staff was available 24 hours a day if any complications arose. They were knowledgeable and compassionate at every step.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As a new patient it is difficult to be a little assertive at times. This was necessary in this fast paced high volume clinic. They are doing an amazing job at making excellent care affordable. They do not do a lot of hand holding so some research on my end was required and the social media support groups were helpful. Also Dr. Kiltz does a Sunday night fireside chat where you can connect with him and other patients to ask questions and learn.
$3900 for IVF and $150 outside patient monitoring.
SYRACUSE
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kiltz has always seen my care through and through. He has been a supporter, friend, educator and doctor. He has followed up with me in regards to my care and for my future IVF needs...At my last ultrasound, I had been told I had 14 follicles and during my egg retrieval, the doctor was able to retrieve 11 eggs. I was astonished that the medications did what they were supposed to. However, the quality of my eggs was not there for them to fertilize. Embryology tried to do everything they could.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz has always seen my care through and through. He has been a supporter, friend, educator and doctor. He has followed up with me in regards to my care and for my future IVF needs. I highly recommend him to so many in my shoes! I wish we could clone him!
The one advice I would give any patient regarding Dr. Kiltz would be to be patient and listen.
Dr. Kiltz truly cares about his patients. Even though sometimes you feel like a medical number vs. a human when dealing with the office itself (they are very busy), he does personally call you to follow up. You can always email, text him as well and he answers. He has been a great supporter throughout the journey so far.
I was under the antagonist protocol using Menopur, Gonal F and Cetrotide. I stimulated for 10 days and egg retrieval was on day 14 of my cycle. At my last ultrasound, I had been told I had 14 follicles and during my egg retrieval, the doctor was able to retrieve 11 eggs. I was astonished that the medications did what they were supposed to. However, the quality of my eggs was not there for them to fertilize. Embryology tried to do everything they could.
I don't believe I had an assigned nurse. Everyone that contacted me was more than wonderful. I had Kim, Brenly and some others. All were very informative and made sure I understood directions.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think that new patients should know that this practice is in high demand because they try to make it affordable. But please note that the nursing staff is very busy. Booking appts for consults could take up to months. I would recommend making plans ahead of time and know when you will want to start your cycle there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I did all of my monitoring locally in Virginia with my ob/gyn then travelled to NY for retrieval.
My costs for my IVF cycle in July was $4,150 plus $3,200 with medications. I also paid out of pocket $50 for each monitoring apt with my local ob/gyn plus lab work. After my failed cycle, I was told to have a Laproscopy and Hysteroscopy. I have not received a bill for this yet but this is related to trying to have another cycle hopefully someday in the future.
My doctor highly recommends a singleton transfer vs. a multiple transfer due to the safety and risks. He does allow you to make the choice if you choose to transfer more than 1. My plan was to transfer 2 embryos but unfortunately we didn't make it that far.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz wants his patients and clinic to succeed. He makes himself accessible to his patients at all times. When our first donor egg round didn’t yield results we were hoping for, he gave us another round for free. I’ve never heard of another clinic doing that. He does have controversial opinions on diet and immunities- which makes him try things more “out of the box” than other doctors. He will talk to you about diet and environment on a soap box- whether or not you believe in his opinion.
Remember this is a high volume clinic and procedures won’t necessarily be catered to you individually. You’ll start with a standard protocol and work mainly with nurses. Still, Dr. Kiltz is reputable, aggressive, and will try anything to help you get pregnant. He wants his patients to succeed
Dr. Kiltz makes himself accessible to his patients by giving his cell phone number and personal email. Because it’s a high volume clinic, he won’t know you or your details without looking at a chart, but he is willing to listen and refresh his memory about your situation with each encounter.
Dr. Kiltz believes that inflammation and diet cause transfers to fail - so he adds antibiotics, presidone, and prograf to the standard estogen and progesterone. On our second transfer he was more aggressive with the immunity protocol- adding nuepogen, lovenox, and intralipids all to reduce inflammation for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The only negative thing about our nurse coordinator was that she was hard to get in touch with. She communicates primarily through the online portal and is difficult to reach by phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, staff are friendly, and has a built in “spa” for accupuncture and massage - easily accessible for transfer day. Really a beautiful facility. It was easy to travel to, nearby hotels offer discounts for patients using the clinic, and overall has an impressive, calming atmosphere that doesn’t feel like an IVF clinic
CNY is specifically known for low cost care. The prices are less than half of what local clinics charge. It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Our first round we transferred 2 three-day embryos on account that they weren’t graded very highly. Our second transfer we were recommended to transfer one 3-day because it looked great. Neither worked so I’m glad we didn’t “waste” embryos by transferring 2 at a time. Dr. Kiltz was open to transferring 2 if I would have pushed but I went with his suggestion.
LATHAM
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr Kiltz thinks out of the box. He doesn't take negative results lying down, he is willing to test out new article studies even if there isn't enough information out yet. If it can help even one if his patients he is willing to try it... Protocol KETO While priming use Ovistol, DHEA, Multivitamin, Vitamin D if needed, CoQ10, etc For transfer a basic immune protocol is used for everyone to start: Prednisone, prograf, progesterone two ways, estridol And strongly pushes other anti-inflammatory aspects like yoga instead of weight lifting and cardio This is all to reduce inflammation
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Start KETO now and start asking questions. Because they have travel patients you will have a lot of control over your own journey.
He takes to you like a friend. He is also willing to take your suggestions into consideration. If something bad happens he will call to see how you're doing.
Understaffed. CNY is a growing clinic and they haven't been able to keep up with the growth with their staff. But this does not stop them from being knowledgeable, compassionate, or helpful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They're strengths are the costs of the procedures, their willingness to work with anyone, and their willingness to think outside of the box. They also have a large support network and reach out at twice a week with informative videos where they answer questions live. There are multiple groups where patients support each other. Their weakness is being understaffed. It is difficult to get a call back before the end of the day, so some wen start to worry another changes needed and if they are on the right meds, or when to start them at all.
As I am a travel patient I monitoring locally at a hospital lab.
Retreival 3,900 + finance fees, transfers 250 for the year after retreival, monitoring 150 for travel patients, and spa treatments are all very friendly priced. The meds very depending on the protocol and for us the immune protocol is starting to add up. Trips to Toronto, IVIG, nuepogeon.
Based on age, PGS testing, and pregnancy history. Once you have had a few he may start suggesting 2 but with PGS he still suggests 1, but will transfer more depending on the situation.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz made him self available at all times, however I preferred to talk to his staff since they were more closely connected to my treatment. His weekly fireside chats on Facebook have been extremely helpful and informative.... I met Dr. Kiktz very briefly for both of my transfers. Personally I don’t mind because I trust his staff. Any time I called I got a compassionate and knowledgeable answer to my question.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
If you like to see the doctor regularly rather than the nurse practitioners, this may not be the clinic for you.
The nurses and nurse practitioners definitely treated me like a human. They took their time to explain and answer my questions. I met Dr. Kiktz very briefly for both of my transfers. Personally I don’t mind because I trust his staff. Any time I called I got a compassionate and knowledgeable answer to my question.
I was on the immune protocol with prednisone, aspirin, and Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) and I did the aketo diet as recommended by Dr. Kiltz to reduse inflammation. For my second and successful transfer, I added an hGC wash two days before transfer and had acupuncture before and after my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Ziegler)
Kris and all the nurses at the Buffalo were extremely compassionate and caring. I felt like they were very focused on me even though I knew they were very busy with other petients. I rarely waited long during my appointments and never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a very warm a spa-like atmosphere. It is clean and well maintained. The staff is extremely friendly. The Syracuse office is much busier and has longer wait times, but the Buffalo office had very short wait times.
$3,900 for my IVF cycle with retrieval. I was unable to do a fresh transfer so it was $250 for my transfer. That failed so it was another $250 for my second transfer which was successful. I don’t have a full bill of my monitoring costs at the moment since it is still be billed to my insurance.
Personally I preferred the single embryo transfer due to the fact that multiple embryos increase the chances of a complicated pregnancy with multiples.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] didn’t seem rushed at all to get to the next patient...He was willing to treat things proactively which I really appreciated...did all the testing that they usually wait until you have 2 miscarriages. We only had one but he wanted to do everything...He doesn’t recommend PGS testing...He was willing to give us all the help we needed and volunteered to do more without us having to ask.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Out of the box thinker, kind and fun to be around. He made me feel comfortable with the process. He did my lapro surgery and after explained very thoroughly what is going on. He didn’t seem rushed at all to get to the next patient. He went in and visited with my family while I was recovering. He was willing to treat things proactively which I really appreciated. Too often with fertility doctors want you to fail first. They wouldn’t do that with any other disease. They wouldn’t wait till you get pneumonia to give you antibiotics. They wouldn’t make you break your arm twice before putting a cast on. Kilts did all the testing that they usually wait until you have 2 miscarriages. We only had one but he wanted to do everything. I wish we went to him sooner is my only regret. So many other doctors I’ve consulted with said they wouldn’t even have done the testing it’s so insulting.
Just do your research. He doesn’t recommend PGS testing but if you want it then make it happen.
He was willing to give us all the help we needed and volunteered to do more without us having to ask. That means a lot when you’re under the duress of fertility treatments.
My first protocol was the standard antagonist protocol. Stimmed with cetrotide and gonalf only. We were on a budget so he let us skip the menopur.
Having lived close to the clinic and far from it, I got to work with 2 different “teams”. The regular on site team is amazing- communicating well, experienced, caring. The travel team, well, they’re pretty bare bones. If you’re commuting to the clinic from another state then you get the travel team. I admit it’s a challlenge on their part to provide patient care over the phone so you can’t really expect much, but they really should try to bridge the gap somehow and they don’t. They are either too busy or don’t realize that you’re not getting any care from whichever facility you’re monitoring with. If you’re not doing a retrieval or transfer they don’t answer your phone calls some days. Some of the nurses have no idea what a protocol is or what to do. Your guess is often better than theirs. Your discharge to your ob when you do get pregnant is- they don’t email you anymore. I have to say my miscarriage might not have happened if I was prepared for leaving the clinic and what to do with my meds. I had to ask a bunch of times which meds to take after leaving. I didn’t agree with what they said, but it’s hard to advocate for yourself over email. A phone call could clear up a lot
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This is the most amazing clinic you’ll ever go to. It feels like a high end spa. You get your Accupuncture treatments right there, there’s free fertility yoga, and it’s beautiful. Like the four seasons or something
Self pay $7000 including bare bones meds and a surgery. Not including airfare, etc. That is for 1 retrieval and 2 transfers
Kiltz is a strong advocate for single transfer which is good. However it should be more strictly enforced. It was fairly easy for us to get as many as we wanted transferred because if Kiltz isn’t available another doctor stands in for him and the other doctors aren’t as strict
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I was not told [by Dr. Robert Kiltz] about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in... I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!"... the doctor is almost never involved
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
This person is completely a monomaniac about diet. He neglected to send me for some very important tests which could have given insight into why I have recurrent pregnancy loss. I was not told about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in. He throws a lot of off-label use drugs at harder to treat patients and I am not sure to what extent these help. I am a professor. I find him extremely condescending and talks as if I am a complete idiot being fooled by "the food industry". I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!" - I don't let students make arguments based on "I once knew somebody who...." A doctor should know better!
Go somewhere else. Or know a lot about your situation and have a plan. Ask to see Dr Corley.
This is a very busy clinic. I am not among the chosen ones who had the doctor's home number. Nobody is "in charge" of your file. You see a rotating cast of nurses and the doctor is almost never involved. Over time, I felt my situation had changed. I started as a single person and then moved to having trouble conceiving with a partner. After multiple losses, nobody contacted me, or decided to change the plan. I always had to advocate and enquire. I didn't know much when I started as I was single and did not yet know I had fertility issues. This was a real set back. The doctor is also on a ridiculous Keto diet kick. It does not matter why you are there, he will tell you about it. This is EXTREMELY hurtful after a low egg retrieval or a miscarriage to be grilled on your diet. Also, I mentioned that I had been severely anorexic and a restrictive diet was not an option for me. He ignored this and continued to praise high-fat foods.
IUI #1 - BFN Some drugs leading up to IUI, can't recall Egg Collection #1: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 13 eggs- 2 made it to 5 day freeze iui#2: Chemical Egg collection #2: Menopur, Follistim (after when it went badly, he was like, oh you really should not have skipped the hcg!) 4 eggs, 2 day 3s transferred, none frozen. Transfer 1: 2 day 3 fresh= MC at 6 weeks (lovenox, LDN, PIO, endometrin) Egg Collection #3: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 7 eggs, 4 embryos Transfer 2: two day 5s with full "immune protocol (IVIG, intralipids, hcg wash, plaquanil, neupogen) ... results TBD
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle G)
So the main issue here is nobody is a "care coordinator". I learned from friends who went here to find a nurse I like and ask for them. Also, after two years, you know everyone! My unofficial main nurse was amazing. Always knew my file, compassionate and willing to press the doctor when I needed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are the nursing and front desk staff. The free yoga is a nice touch, but the instructors are not consistent and really vary in skill. The weakness is no real coordination of care. I should say I have EXCELLENT insurance so money was not a factor. I know many people choose this clinic for its pricing.
Go on Tuesday or Thursday whenever you can! You get given a time, but it is actually just a line by arrival. Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
I had excellent insurance but spent about 5000$ on co-pay and prescriptions. A few of the off-label use drugs were very expensive. This is for three egg retrievals, two transfers and two IUIs.
We did two as I am close to 40 and ok with multiples
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Klitz very clearly cares about his patients and their fertility outcomes as well as their overall health. Dr. Klitz has even attended support groups held at his clinic to help answer questions and bring comfort. He freely gives out his cell phone and tells patient to call when ever and he means it....my first IVF cycle was gonal-f 300IU with cetrotide as the antagonist and HGC since i couldn't afford Menopur.... He is very busy so he can be rushed and he often isn't available for monitoring appointments.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Klitz is clearly a very caring and invested physician. He is blunt but also warm and very knowledgeable. He is very busy so he can be rushed and he often isn't available for monitoring appointments.
Ask questions! Do be afraid to be active in decisions regarding your care.
Dr. Klitz very clearly cares about his patients and their fertility outcomes as well as their overall health. Dr. Klitz has even attended support groups held at his clinic to help answer questions and bring comfort. He freely gives out his cell phone and tells patient to call when ever and he means it. The plans and options his clinic offers demonstrates that they care more about the patients then success rates.
my first IVF cycle was gonal-f 300IU with cetrotide as the antagonist and HGC since i couldn't afford Menopur. I had 3 eggs retrieved and none fertilized. For my next round I primed for 30 days with Omnitrope, .33mg a day and estrogen, I also started taking 3mg a day of LDN. Then for stimming i took 450IU of Gonal-f and 150 IU of Menopur, I triggered with Leuoprolide for that round I had 1-egg retrieved which fertilized. We froze this egg, I did an HGC wash and started on Emdometrin, PIO and estrace and then did a transfer which failed. For the next round I am priming for 30 days with Omnitrope, and 7 days of estrace. For stimming I will do 150iu of Gonal-f with cetrotide as the antagonist and 4 2.5mg of Letrozole since i am a poor responder to stim meds
I really enjoyed Daniella and Catherine, they are very relate-able and interested in your life. But Leigh Houghton and many of the LDNs aren't as compassionate nor are they good listeners. The phone staff are horrible they are rude, impatient and have no compassion for how stressful this is for the patient
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I have been to the Syracuse and the Rochester clinic and they are both beautiful and comfortable. Very relaxing atmospheres. A lot of time and effort is invested in keeping the clinics clean and comforting and they always have relative merchandise available as well as complimentary beverages.
IVF is not covered by my insurance so the retrieval, freezing and transfers are all paid out of pocket. Prior to meeting my deductible monitoring totaled around $825, The IVF cycle that resulted in 0 eggs cost me $1900 and the IVF cycle that failed cost $4500. Drugs ranged from $4000 to $500 per cycle
Due to my low embryo count this was never dicussed
ROCHESTER
Dr. Kiltz is very high energy, speaks quickly and can be a little over the top at times. He gets results and wants you to have the experience you're looking for, complete with a healthy baby, but it's important to note that he's busy and sometimes you need to wait to hear back from him....Dr. Kiltz uses a variety of different protocols depending on the specific situation. He will generally recommend a keto diet to all patients.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
As mentioned in my previous answer Dr. Kiltz is incredibly kind and compassionate. He will answer questions via text, even after hours. He has always made me feel like my case is important to him, despite the fact that he is very busy.
Dr, Kiltz is one of the kindest people I have ever met. When I was leaving the office one day I was visibly upset. It was the end of the day and he was sitting at a desk in the hallway working. I was trying desperately not to make eye contact. He could have easily brushed me off and let me leave. Instead he grabbed my hand and we went into a conference room where he talked with me for about 30 minutes about our plan moving forward.
Dr. Kiltz uses a variety of different protocols depending on the specific situation. He will generally recommend a keto diet to all patients. During my first IVF cycle I did a basic protocol. For my next cycle I am priming (diet and supplements for 60 days and then hgh for 30) and following an autoimmune protocol to help battle inflammation from PCOS.
Nursing staff that i interacted with was kind and patient. They took the time to explain procedures and medications, as well as answer any questions that I may have. I had to bring my son to a few appointments and they were kind and engaged with him as well.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic feels like a spa. Calm, inviting atmosphere. When you walk in you don't feel like you are there for some major medical procedure. The waiting room is comfortable and there's coffee. Consult rooms are comfortable and inviting.
IVF costs $3900 plus meds. Monitoring for IVF is 800(approx). FET are $250 for the first year plus meds. FET monitoring is $750. Acupuncture is $70 (bogo for transfer so you can do before and after for the same price)
I think they generally suggest one but will allow you to transfer more if the situation warrants it or you truly want to.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Kiltz is very kind and compassionate. His knowledge of infertility is vast and he is always reviewing the treatment plan to make sure you are getting the best possible care. I’m always impressed by the new and different things he thinks of to try.... Dr. Kiltz has adjusted the various hormone injections that I was on to get better results during egg retrieval and transfers. He has done various things to try to combat inflammation as well.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very kind and compassionate. His knowledge of infertility is vast and he is always reviewing the treatment plan to make sure you are getting the best possible care. I’m always impressed by the new and different things he thinks of to try. Identify is so optimistic and positive about the whole experience. I always feel hopeful when working with him.
Ask questions and don’t be afraid to talk candidly with the doctor.
The doctor was never in a hurry and always took the time to answer all questions we had.
For the most part the entire nursing staff is amazing. There are a couple nurses where I feel like I’m just another check mark on their list of things to get done, but that is the exception not the rule. Overall the nursing staff is very patient, knowledgeable, and kind. I’ve been a patient at CNY for so long that I have formed some close relationships with many of the staff. They will call to check in to make sure medications are working and that I am not having adverse reactions.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think the clinic is great. The prices and location is ideal and the team that they have is excellent. I feel listened to and cared for whenever I go there. It feels like you are part of a family and not just another patient to be seen.
My insurance covered most of the cost. The cost for IVF was extremely reasonable and made the procedure affordable for us.
Dr. Kiltz always says that transferring one embryo is safer for both the baby and mother.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Kiltz is a brilliant and compassionate man. It's rare to see a person, especially a doctor, who feels so strongly about their work. If I had any complain about him, it would be that he's a little rough with the ultrasound wand....My first 2 IUI cycles, I took letrozole(days 3-7),10mg of prednisone to combat inflamation, and 1 baby aspirin, for a healthy uterine lining, each day, and triggered with hcg on cycle day 13 IUI on day 14. Progesterone suppostories were started 2 days after the IUIs.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Always make sure of your appointments and that they have you scheduled for the right kind of testing.
Some of the staff are very attentive, while some don't take the time to listen or input correct information into the computer. Also, having had multiple chemical pregnancies, it feels like we haven't been presented any different options that could result in a different outcome.
My first 2 IUI cycles, I took letrozole(days 3-7),10mg of prednisone to combat inflamation, and 1 baby aspirin, for a healthy uterine lining, each day, and triggered with hcg on cycle day 13 IUI on day 14. Progesterone suppostories were started 2 days after the IUIs. The first resulting in a late implanting chemical pregnancy and the second with an unconfirmed ectopic. A D&C, hyteroscopy and shot of methotrexate were necessary. The next 2 IUIs were done with 150 of Gonal F daily on days 3-8 to increase egg quality. I also took the prednisone and aspirin (same dosage) and progesterone following the HCG triggered IUIs again. These times Lovenox was added to my list of meds. incase of a possible clotting issue. My insurance company wouldn't cover the blood test, so Dr. Kiltz decided it would be no harm to treat me as if I had a clotting disorder. Again, both ended in a late chemical pregnancy where my HCG would be negative for my scheduled pregnancy test, but when I would get my period, and come in for my bloodwork to start a new cycle, I would have a positive HCG that would slowly decline.
Most of the staff is very good and attentive. Some forget to enter in times for appointments or schedule the right kind of bloodwork. Some nurses contradict each other as far as treatment plans. It would be nice if one or two nurses were assigned to you, but you could see a different nurse every time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As a whole, they are very supportive and generous. They always have coffee and tea available and the receptionists up front are always very kind. Once you're a patient, they will always make time for you or see you if you would like to be seen.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
For transfer [with Dr. Kiltz] we will be doing PIO, endometrin, prograf, crione, baby aspirin, estradiol, zpak, LDN, prenatal, vitamin D, inositol, and will be doing an intralipids infusion before transfer...The intralipids is used to prevent NK cells from causing a miscarriage...Every time I spoke with him or anyone of the staff member, they knew who I was and what my history was. I never felt like I had to explain things multiple times or remind them of what my protocol was.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz has been very open with us on what to expect. He has given out his personal cell number so that we can reach him anytime, no matter what. He opens himself up to help us with anything. He lets us be a part of the process every step of the way. He even does live chats where he answers questions, every couple weeks. I had another doctor do my retrieval (Dr. Corley) and Dr. Kiltz still stopped in my room before I left, to make sure everything went well and to see how I was doing. He cares about each of his patients and wants to do everything he can to help us become parents. I love that he goes to training seminars to learn more about advanced technology or new techniques to help each of us. He doesn’t give everyone the same protocol and expect it to work. He sits down and figures out what would work best for us and our particular fertility issues.
I would say to be willing to listen and be open about what you want. Dr. Kiltz wants to hear what you think or how you feel about certain things. Be prepared to be a part of the process, an advocate for yourself. He wants you to be involved.
I have not done a transfer with Dr. Kiltz yet, we are preparing for that very soon (a few weeks). For my Egg Retrieval, I was on 300u gonal-f and 150u menopur for 9 days. My trigger was 10,000u of pregnal as well as a double lupron trigger. I also took cetrotide to prevent ovulation before the trigger. I took a z-pak to prevent infection. I was also on LDN (3mg starting the month before stims), as well as prenatal, vitamin D (5000mg), and inositol. For transfer we will be doing PIO, endometrin, prograf, crione, baby aspirin, estradiol, zpak, LDN, prenatal, vitamin D, inositol, and will be doing an intralipids infusion before transfer. I am also taking levothyroxine due to hypothyroidism. The LDN is used to help with inflammation. The intralipids is used to prevent NK cells from causing a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Zigler )
I have been coordinating with kris for the protocol and after each monitoring appointment. When I have questions, she is the one I go to. I am a travel patient so my monitoring is done locally as opposed to being done there. However, Kris has still been a huge roll in making sure the results are in on time and that I received instructions the same day. There were times that I felt the communication could have been better but for the most part, I am very pleased with Kris and how hard she works. I dealt with another nurse the day of retrieval and her name was Deanna, not sure last name. She was amazing and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I was super nervous and she made a point to check on my frequently and made conversation to take my mind off of the procedure. She made the ER so much easier to get through.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think CNY does an amazing job at making us feel like we are family. They have never made it seem like we are just a number, or an amount in their pockets. They tailor the protocol to each patient and they don’t batch their patients. They work around our cycles so that they aren’t manipulating our bodies any more than they have to. They are very open and explain to you what they think would be best for you when it comes to the protocol or whether to do a fresh or frozen transfer. But at the same time, they are open to listening to what you feel and think. They will change your protocol of it doesn’t work the first time instead of trying the same thing over and over. They are open to the new techniques and technology and are always learning more. They also believe in a holistic approach combined with the IVF treatment. There are times with the communication isn’t the best or it’s hard to reach the nurse staff due to the number of patients they do see. It can get frustrating at times too. However, I felt this communication issue was no different than I experienced with the past 2 fertility doctors I dealt with.
I spent more than those who live closer because I was a travel patient. This meant that my monitoring was done locally so the cost was higher than it would have been if I had gone to CNY for monitoring. I also had to pay for travel expenses like gas and hotel stays. As for the clinic themselves, the only cost I had with them was the IVF fee of $3900 (out of pocket price). I also went to them for preconception testing and spent around $900. My total costs were around $10,000 which still was about $10,000-15,000 cheaper than any of the clinics where I live.
I have not done a transfer yet. But I do know that he bases the number of embryos transferred on the patient. The grade of the embryos, age of the patient, number of previous miscarriages, etc are all weighed in for his decision.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
DR Kiltz has made his personal number accessible to help with any concerns...for each transfer he always took his time to come talk to me before the procedure and after.. One day me and my husband saw him walking thru the office and he stopped and talked to us like a friend and not a patient.. He does live video chats on fb to answer any questions you might have.. He explains ways to help and what he Turkey believes in.. He is like a regular person not just a DR..
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Cny is a busy facility,but for each transfer he always took his time to come talk to me before the procedure and after.. One day me and my husband saw him walking thru the office and he stopped and talked to us like a friend and not a patient.. He does live video chats on fb to answer any questions you might have.. He explains ways to help and what he Turkey believes in.. He is like a regular person not just a DR..
He is very passionate for the ivf field, and do your research but take all of his advice especially on the keto
I was a travel patient to there office, every question I had was always answered on time and when I was in there office DRKiltz and his staff alway took there time and were friendly.. My local RE I felt like a number and they just wanted my money..DR Kiltz has made his personal number accessible to help with any concerns
Bring this is my first ivf cycle I was on the standard protocol..Gonal 300 units daily,Lipton. Centroid,primed with omnitrope for 12 days prior to help with egg quality.. transfer-prednisone 10 mg daily, ldn 3mg daily, baby aspirin,estrace, endometrin.. when that failed we added in lovenox- and neuprogen for more of an immune protocol..
I was a travel patient so we communicated thru the patient portal via internet.. Everytime I sent an email it was always answered by next day.. when I was in the office all the nurses were always nice and friendly.. I had medicine delivered there while I was there for transfer they went out of there way to locate it when it was late.. No bad experience with anyone
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy, I have never had any problems.. They were always very accommodating even for my husband when he wanted a massage they worked him in when I was there.. I have heard some people have issues..
The cost for ivf there is $3900 that’s why I choose cny in the beginning.. I spent about $1200 on meds, travel expenses varied, I did hcg was-$100, embryo glue-100, intralipids infusion-$100
Cny lets you do what you prefer but explains the risks
IVF, Donor Eggs
I was on the immune protocol [with Dr. Robert Kiltz] which included, Prograf, Estrance, Progestrone (shots and suppositories), Lovenox, Prednisone, Pregnyl, Asprin, Vitamins,...I stayed in bed for 2 days after transfer even though Kiltz doesnt recommend it...He gives out his personal cell number to patients and we can contact him anytime which is a rarity these days...Dr Kiltz is a very kind and compassionate doctor that really cares about people more than his paycheck. He is good at what he does.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is a very kind and compassionate doctor that really cares about people more than his paycheck. He is good at what he does. He gives out his personal cell number to patients and we can contact him anytime which is a rarity these days. He got me pregnant and although I miscarried I am confident that next time will be the one that takes for the nine month long haul. He is wonderful.
Try not too worry to much and if it doesnt work the first time, dont give up hope. Sometimes it takes a few tries.
I wasnt ignored like other clinics I spoke with, or actually "didnt" speak with. They are super kind.
I was on the immune protocol which included, Prograf, Estrance, Progestrone (shots and suppositories), Lovenox, Prednisone, Pregnyl, Asprin, Vitamins, and another thing I took before transfer that started with a C. It was like 4 pills. I stayed in bed for 2 days after transfer even though Kiltz doesnt recommend it. I caught a bad cold the day of my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Sudik)
she answered my questions promptly. Helped me with anything i needed and was very nice. there was one that was of no help and her name was Katlyn Flint.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very nice facility in Syracuse. They have a lovely spa. The entire place is relaxing and welcoming. It is decorated beautifully. They have coffee and water to drink if you get thirsty. They offer acupuncture and massage. They can do simple surgeries there too. Like remove a tube or ovary. The prices cannot be beat. They offer financing as well up to two years. You will love it there.
3900 for a single IVF , 9000 with known donor, 4000 for 4 add on donor eggs. Lowest prices in the field.
Usually they like to do one if you are using a young donor but I insisted on 2.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Kiltz] is very nice and competent, however, since we are out of town I have only met him twice when he was performing my egg retrevials. A different doctor did my frozen embryo transfer. I have had a phone consultation with another doctor after our failed frozen embryo transfer and he was very helpful...Everyone at the clinic [CNY] is very nice and supportive even though we do out of town monitoring so we only see them when we are there for a procedure.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very nice and competent, however, since we are out of town I have only met him twice when he was performing my egg retrevials. A different doctor did my frozen embryo transfer. I have had a phone consultation with another doctor after our failed frozen embryo transfer and he was very helpful. He suggested adding new medications . He also went over a plan of our second transfer fails.
If you are out of town know that you can schedule free phone consultations with the doctors at CNY and I would recommend it
Everyone at the clinic is very nice and supportive even though we do out of town monitoring so we only see them when we are there for a procedure.
I was on a high doses of Gonal and menopur since I have a low ovarian reserve at 33. They also had me take human growth hormone the month before and during my ivf cycles to boost my egg production. They are suggesting raising the amount of gonal if we do a third IVF cycle. My partner had two PESAs
I love the nursing staff. They are all helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think they know what they are doing, their pricing is affordable compared to most clinics. The only downside is that they have a lot of patients so it can feel at times like you are just a number. I think this also comes with being an out of town patient.
3,900 for one ivf cycle including free transfers for a year. Doesn’t include monitoring which is approximately 800 for IVF. (Not sure for FET) and doesn’t include meds. 1100 for PESA. We did not do monitoring with them because we live out of state
They let us transfer 2 high grade embryos the first time and for our second transfer we are going to transfer 3 three day embryos ( 2 good and one fair)
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] is a very compassionate person. Had called me after my chemical pregnancy on a Sunday to check in to see how I was doing. He makes himself readily available by giving out his cell number in case there are questions or concerns. He won’t turn anyone away and his main goal is making ivf affordable so everyone has the opportunity to become parents.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a very compassionate person. Had called me after my chemical pregnancy on a Sunday to check in to see how I was doing. He makes himself readily available by giving out his cell number in case there are questions or concerns. He won’t turn anyone away and his main goal is making ivf affordable so everyone has the opportunity to become parents.
Research about different treatments and be your own advocate. He’s very open to any and all ideas.
Dr Kiltz is the most caring medical person I’ve ever encountered. He gives his personal cell phone number out to call with anything at any time. He respects my thoughts and ideas and is willing to try anything if it means bringing home a baby. I love that he didn’t turn us away just because of age.
We wanted to try my own eggs first since we were turned down by one Dr. Dr Kiltz totally agreed. We had 2 failed cycles and decide to move to donor eggs. First donor fet we used the standard drugs and had bfn. Second attempt we tried a natural cycle with less Meds and had chemical. I believe less Meds for my body works better.
I have one nurse in particular that I absolutely love! She’s very organized and very communicative! I always prefer to work with Greta but when she’s not there it seems things are a bit chaotic and communication is lacking.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The overall clinic experience is wonderful. It’s more like a spa then a clinic. Very tranquil and relaxing. Everyone is very friendly, comforting and welcoming. I’ve always gone to the Syracuse office and we drive over 11 hours to get there.
Since I’m a travel patient I do all of my monitoring locally then results are faxed to CNY.
Very affordable even with travel expenses
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
[Dr. Robert Kiltz is] Very kind and trustworthy. I really haven't gotten the time to do a proper meet and greet with him. I have been able to have everything done with the nurses at the facility. He does prescribe my medication and if I had any questions I would be able to contact him with any concerns or a member of the staff could help me... I had to have a lapro to drill my ovaries, remove endometriosis and check my tubes.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
They are very professional, compassionate and caring. They listen to your concerns and address them very professionally.
I first started off work metformin 500mg 2x daily. I had to have a lapro to drill my ovaries, remove endometriosis and check my tubes. My husband and I tried to convince naturally but it did not work out. Finally I was put on Letrozole 2.5 mg 2x daily for 5 days, went back on my CD 14 no improvement for ovulation. Did Letrozole again starting that day for 5 days. Went back 5 days later and had confirmed ovulation, currently in the two week wait until I go back for a blood test. I am taking progesterone 200mg capsule vaginally 2x daily. It's expensive when insurance doesn't cover fertility.
They are very professional and knowledgeable. They address your concerns and will sit there and explain a-z. They are very caring and sympathetic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everything is basically amazing there. Sometimes it can be a little bit of a wait, but it's definitely worth it. I'm so glad I'm able to go through this journey with an amazing facility. It is very clean and very peaceful there. It's almost like you aren't waiting in a doctor's office to be seen. They definitely know how to make you at home.
The cost is roughly sitting at 3000.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Kiltz is genuine and caring, his bedside manner is remarkable. I do we could have seen him more during treatment and had more time to discuss things. I also wished we spent less time talking about the Keto diet and more about my history and treatment plan during my initial consult...He does have different approaches...but definitely take the time to advocate for yourself and speak up if you have any concerns or questions!
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He does have different approaches, and they are successful, but definitely take the time to advocate for yourself and speak up if you have any concerns or questions!
I do feel that at times, the patient load is higher than it should be, because I often had to advocate for my own care (noticing errors in medication instructions, ensuring my lab results were being inputted into my portal) but when you’re face to face with the doctors and nurses, they do show genuine care and compassion that I never received elsewhere.
150 Gonal F, 75 Menopur. I have PCOS and high AMH. We retrieved just over 30 eggs, and froze 15 embryos on day 5. We did a FET in the following cycle.
The nurses are very kind and compassionate during appointments and procedures. However, you will have to stay up on them if you want to receive your stat results same day. I often had to call them if I hadn’t heard from them by 4:30 and see if my labs were received, and I would be told they were not (despite my monitoring center swearing they’ve been sent multiple times) and have to track them down and have them resent. Many times I wouldn’t get results till the next business day. I’ve had to wait over the weekend for beta results done on a Friday. It was very frustrating for sure.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Absolutely beautiful clinic, I loved the atmosphere and the effort that was put into keeping patients calm and relaxed. I would absolutely recommend their facility. The healing arts side even offers regular spa treatments! I felt so pampered the day of embryo transfer.
He definitely recommends transferring one embryo.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I could email, message, or even call/text him [Dr. Robert Kiltz] whenever I needed to because he gives out his cell phone number to patients. He also does live Facebook chats where you can ask questions and continually does research and brings in new ideas...He incorporates Eastern medicine ideas, diets, and full body/mind health in his treatment plans. He makes treatment affordable and doesn't turn anyone away.
European, Other, Prefer not to answer
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is absolutely amazing. He gives patients his cell phone number. He does Facebook live chats where you can ask him questions. He incorporates Eastern medicine ideas, diets, and full body/mind health in his treatment plans. He makes treatment affordable and doesn't turn anyone away.
GO SEE HIM!
CNY is a huge clinic and we are travel patients but I still felt like I could email, message, or even call/text him whenever I needed to because he gives out his cell phone number to patients. He also does live Facebook chats where you can ask questions and continually does research and brings in new ideas.
Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, zpak, prednisone, Lupron, LDN, Prograf, estrace, prometrium, PiO, baby aspirin, cleocin etc. I have PCOS so we did 150 Follistim with 75 Menopur for 10 days, triggered with Lupron at 36 & 24 hours before retrieval. Retrieved 29 eggs. Did a freeze all cycle. 16 made it freeze. Came back the next month for transfer. Did and HCG wash and acupuncture. Transferred 2- 4AA embryos and am pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta and Brenley)
All of the travel team was amazing. Especially Greta and Brenley.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They take a whole mind/body approach and incorporate diet, immune protocols, Eastern medicine etc. They don't turn anyone away. They make it affordable for everyone. The same IVF with ICSI and assisted hatching would cost over $30,000 in Minnesota vs. the $3,900 it costs at CNY.
I am a travel patient so I monitored at my local ob/gyn
$3900 for IVF with ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo storage for 1 year. $250 for frozen transfer $50 for HCG wash
He let us transfer 2 embryos because I'm 34.
SYRACUSE
Everything about Dr Kiltz has been amazing.... from the random calls (after he has already left the office for the day) to check in since our cycle didn’t go well.... or calling w a pep talk.... he Has such a huge heard and is geunianlly concerned about each client and getting us our bring home baby..... he has def been a God send for us!... I was on the immune protocol and had gonal cetrotide menopur lupron baby aspirin Ldn vitamins..my next cycle he changed up a bit tho
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Everything about Dr Kiltz has been amazing.... from the random calls (after he has already left the office for the day) to check in since our cycle didn’t go well.... or calling w a pep talk.... he Has such a huge heard and is geunianlly concerned about each client and getting us our bring home baby..... he has def been a God send for us! Can’t wait to cycle again... hopefully in the near future
Take one day at a time..... this journey is a lot... but keep your end goal always in the front of your mind..... once you get your bring home baby it will all Be worth it.
Our cycle didn’t go as planned and Kiltz will randomly call to check on us..... or call and say ok are we about ready to get the ball rolling again.... he honestly is genuinely concerned and his only goal is getting Bring home babies for his clients! He def was a God send for us.
I was on the immune protocol and had gonal cetrotide menopur lupron baby aspirin Ldn vitamins..my next cycle he changed up a bit tho🙏🏻🙏🏻
Everyone was so great! You can tell it isn’t just a job for them and they love what they do.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It was wonderful.... def not a clinic full but more like a spa feel.... I love how it’s so warm and cozy rather than normal doc office set up. They offer massages and accupunctire as well as have a uterus 😂 hot tub to sit and relax by.... the music is so calming... I even noticed the lighting is much more dim which gives us calming feel..... my biggest thing for new patients would def just take it one day at a time..... always stay focused on in your end goal.... and Dr Kiltz and his staff Is amazing and you r def in good hands!
The cost honestly is what made this possible as I don’t have insurance. In our home state in was 20,000$ if it works it works and if not pay it all again when @ CNY for cash payments it was only 3900$ plus Meds and monitoring.... even after traveling it was less than 10,000$ which is half.... and the doctor and team was amazing(def didn’t have the same vibe w my last RE) And they make it even more affordable by allowing payments to be made for up to 2 years w a small convience charge. And our next cycle he is waving a fee for us as our last cycle didn’t go well at all..... he has such a huge heart!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
He [Dr. Kiltz] spoke to me like he truly cared and also wanted me to understand everything.... So incredibly kind and compassionate. Very passionate about the work he does. Truly just wants to help people!... *intralipids used to suppress my immune system. I had intralipids done the day after each IUI and a week after (around implantation).... *lovenox twice daily once we started prepping for IUI cycle and continued through pregnancy due to recurrent pregnancy loss and clotting issues and MTHFR....
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
So incredibly kind and compassionate. Very passionate about the work he does. Truly just wants to help people! When I first met him, I was referred by his colleague Dr arroyo, and I was in tears thinking about how I might never have a baby and thinking of the experience I had (5 miscarriages) and my previous providers declining to help. They told me to stop trying to have a baby at one point cause they couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Dr Kiltz on the day I met him took his time, answered my questions, smiled continuously, and told me that in 1 year I would be pregnant or have a baby in my arms, he guaranteed it. And he was right :0)
You are in good hands, trust his advice. He will try until he makes things happen.
Not only was I treated like a human, I felt like I was a member of his family! He spoke to me like he truly cared and also wanted me to understand everything. Greeted me with a hug every time!
*intralipids used to suppress my immune system. I had intralipids done the day after each IUI and a week after (around implantation). Once I had a positive pregnancy test, I went weekly. *acupuncture I did once a week while preparing for IUI (ended up being for around 7 months or so) and continued through 20 weeks of pregnancy. *lovenox twice daily once we started prepping for IUI cycle and continued through pregnancy due to recurrent pregnancy loss and clotting issues and MTHFR. *endometrium 3x daily after IUI to help with progesterone *prednisone with each IUI cycle to help with immune system *femara and trigger for cycles 1-2 for follicle development *gonal f and trigger for cycles 3-4 for follicle development
I worked with the staff in Rochester. Meagan is the nurse who I remember working with the most frequently. I would go in as early as 7 some days and she was always so friendly and warm and welcoming. I never felt nervous. She helped take the stress out of the process!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
BEAUTIFUL!! And it’s only getting nicer (recent additions). It is so calm and welcoming and nothing like other dr offices. No weaknesses. We never had an issue going there and the location is great! A new patient is incredibly lucky to be going there. Their cafe is wonderful and there are great books to read while you wait (and you can purchase if you enjoy them)
I don’t remember exact figures but my insurance covered a large portion and all medications were covered and had a copay
I trusted any decision he made and his approach to my treatment
ROCHESTER
On all but 1 interaction with him [Dr. Robert Kiltz] was great. He is very compassionate and I believe he knows what he is doing. The follow up calls he was late but didn’t cut it short and answered all of my questions. He did the last embryo transfer I did that resulted in a bfn and that was the one experience that wasn’t good. He was running late and when he came in he rushed through everything and left there thinking that it wasn’t going to take. The rest I don’t have complaints about.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
On all but 1 interaction with him was great. He is very compassionate and I believe he knows what he is doing. The follow up calls he was late but didn’t cut it short and answered all of my questions. He did the last embryo transfer I did that resulted in a bfn and that was the one experience that wasn’t good. He was running late and when he came in he rushed through everything and left there thinking that it wasn’t going to take. The rest I don’t have complaints about.
Make sure you get all of the information up front and know what the complete process is.
The receptionists up at the front desk knew my name. I had a different nurse every time I went and had to look over all med lists and what blood was being drawn to make sure they were doing what I needed. Sometimes felt like they didn’t read my chart before they came in the room.
I believe the protocol was his normal one for the egg retrieval. I couldn’t donfresh because my numbers were too high. Then I did two frozen and they were the normal protocol (PIO, Estrace, aspirin, Progesterone, Prograf). Then did the surgery for endometriosis and found none. Then the third and last transfer was most of his immune protocol (all meds above plus neupogen, lovenox, and intralipids). He said if I do another cycle I should do a mini IVF and hopefully do fresh and he would include ldn as well.
I understand they see so many people a day that it’s hard to keep people straight. They were all great in person but had a few when they called about results were not so great. You just have to read everything and make sure your med list is what you had talked to the dr about. You really have to be your own advocate
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The receptionists are awesome! The clinic is very welcoming and clean. Just be prepared for the amount of people that could be in the waiting room at any given time. You really are not alone and sometimes walking in is a little overwhelming.
The first cycle we were able to get compassionate care. For us it was $3900 including meds but then it cost around another $5000 with monitoring, blood work, ultrasounds, procedures, etc. this time it’s $3900 plus around $5000 in meds plus any FET fees if needed.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz was carrying a heavy workload but you would never know it with the way he treated you like you were his only patient.... I rarely saw Dr. Kiltz through treatment but he was the one who set the overall protocol. Start with Femara, then Femara and trigger shot, then IUI then IVF. He made me feel like there were always other options if one failed.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The only negative with Dr. Kiltz is sometimes he explained things a little to fast. Otherwise, he was awesome to work with. Always full of positivity and energy. He made you feel like you were his only patient.
Ask questions if you don't understand what he is saying.
My primary interactions at the clinic were with nursing staff the entire time. I rarely saw the doctors. I do not have one bad thing to say about them. The entire staff was compassionate and at each appointment that I had with different nurses they all knew what was going on with me even though the clinic was super busy. They made the right suggestions, calmed my nerves and were the absolute best medical staff I have ever dealt with.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The only weakness of the CNY Fertility office in Rochester is that it needs to expand like the Syracuse office! Everything else about it was amazing. The massages, acupuncture, yoga, all are onsite and available for you to take advantage of. The location is super convenient. The availability of appointments despite being so busy was amazing. The calmness washes over you when you enter this building.
Each visit at the clinic I had to pay $20 copay. For my IUI cycles most of the drugs were covered by my prescription insurance. For the IVF cycles, most of the drugs were partially covered or not covered by insurance. For the IVF egg retrieval and embryo transfer we paid $3,900 for the year. For sperm freeze for 1 year it is $350. For embryo freeze for one year it is $350. The total cost with prescription copays for my IVF treatment which resulted in single live birth was approx. $8,000 all in.
No, really the nurses were the one who recommended single embryo transfer based on my age. I said I only wanted single embryo transfer and they totally agreed with me.
None, Other
[with Dr. Robert Kiltz] I had did a immune protocol, using lovenox, baby aspirin, intralipids, i stunned with 225 gonal f and 75iu of menopur. I stimmed for 9 days and retrieved on the 11th day. Everything went perfect as I wound up with 22 eggs retrieved and 15 embryos!... Dr. Kiltz is a man with great compassion. He provided me his cell phone number so I was able to call or text him whenever I had a question or concern. He also allowed me to be involved in creating my treatment plan. For example, if I heard of a medication that I wanted to try, he listened.
None, Other
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I absolutely adore Dr. Kiltz! I love how he cares more about his patient than the money. He really advocates for infertility. Before hearing of CNY I thought I would never be able to afford IVF but Dr. Kiltz makes sure everyone can afford treatment even if he means utilizing a payment plan. He dedicates all of his time to his craft and will make sure his patients are happy so long as he can help it. I specifically remember a Saturday morning when I was feeling very down having just been diagnosed with a blighted ovum. I had sent him a text message expressing my concern over whether or not I’d ever have a chance to be pregnant and on that very morning while he was off from work he called me and comforted me and told me as long as I wasn’t giving up neither was he. That moment truly touched my heart.
I would say you will be in good hands, just trust the process!
My experience with the nursing staff was great, the nurses were always compassionate and always prompt to return a call. Only once did I have a call from someone who did not read my chart entirely prior to calling me and that resulted in an awkward moment but no harm done.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic overall, is big and is staffed well enough to treat the amount of patients that the clinic treats. My experience has been great but I know not everyone can say the same. One thing I think can improve the patients experience with the clinic is perhaps having assigned nurses to each patient. While all the nurses are great it would be nice to develop a standing relationship with a one nurse. One nurse to know who I am and what I am doing along the way.
My bill so far with CNY cape up to $5,425 with the cycle and extras I added for transfer
Dr. Kiltz will allow you to have a say in how many you’d like to transfer but ultimately he decides what is best based on age and/or any conditions and history.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz has a calming yet energetic and positive way of making you feel like you matter as a human... Dr. Kiltz did a strong dosage of medicines for me as I am 37 years old with no children. He and the nurses explained the medicines along the way and I had no questions regarding them.... He does have a lot of patients and I imagine it may be hard for him to keep up but he does his job flawlessly and gives his all to each and every patient. He is a wonderful doctor.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a tremendous doctor. I went to him for IVF because not only are his costs affordable but his kind and helpful reputation is known across the world. He does have a lot of patients and I imagine it may be hard for him to keep up but he does his job flawlessly and gives his all to each and every patient. He is a wonderful doctor.
Advice I would give potential patients of Dr. Kiltz is to be open-minded. Follow his advice and be open to his ideas.
Some nurses were better than others (as far as drawing blood and administering intralipids, etc.) but the whole nursing staff is compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and inviting. For a few moments you may forget why you are there. It is spa-like and creates a calming environment during this stressful time. While there, you can attend trainings (ex. Keto diet), get a massage or get accupuncture. The lab is set up in a central location. The lab is surrounded by glass windows which allow you to look at at the employees who are hard at work.
I traveled from out of town and was fearful of the monitoring times. The staff made it easy for me to come when I can, even if it was on a Saturday. There were never long waits or long lines of people. It was a fabulous experience.
As far as I can recall, the IVF process costs $3,900 including monitoring.
SYRACUSE
I thought Dr. Kiltz was extremely nice and had the patients best interest in mind. After my transfer, he held our hands and said a prayer with us, which showed that he really cared. I was extremely happy with the care and outcome I received while being a patient of Dr. Kiltz... I had previously done 4 rounds of Clomid, 2 IUIs with injetibles, had a HSG test, and had done a laparoscopy. Given this information, he agreed with my desire to try IVF.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be prepared to advocate for yourself. Since there is a high volume of patients, you must know your protocol and understand the process. You can’t rely on Dr. Kiltz to walk you through each and every step because with his number of patients that would be impossible.
I felt somewhat like a number but I had expected that. I knew I was going to a clinic with a high volume of patients and that I would be dealing primarily with the nurses. So although I was treated more as a number, I was okay with that and had expected it.
Dr. Kiltz decided that we could just straight to An IVF cycle which i was very happy about. I had previously done 4 rounds of Clomid, 2 IUIs with injetibles, had a HSG test, and had done a laparoscopy. Given this information, he agreed with my desire to try IVF.
The nursing staff was very good and knowledgeable. You dealt mostly with different nurses each time you call, but they were always able to open your file and help.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths is that is an extremely well kept and modern facility, as well as being low cost. Weakness is that you must advocate for yourself and know what steps need to be taken because you are more of a number to them.
The costs were amazing and affordable. CNY is one of the lowest cost providers in the country but still provide exceptional care.
My doctor recommend that we transfer my only 2 remaining embryos. All of the others had arrested the day before my transfer was scheduled, and the two that were left were graded a poor quality at 1bb each.
SYRACUSE
Dr Kiltz was very compassionate at a time of uncertainty during and before egg retrieval. He was very positive and reassuring during egg transfer. He explained each procedure in full before they were preformed. He preformed both retrieval and egg transfer. He met with both my husband and myself regarding results and explained in a manner we understood.... He recommmeded a low immune therapy as I have RA.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz was very compassionate at a time of uncertainty during and before egg retrieval. He was very positive and reassuring during egg transfer. He explained each procedure in full before they were preformed. He preformed both retrieval and egg transfer. He met with both my husband and myself regarding results and explained in a manner we understood, not doctor terms. I would seek his care again in the future if trying to conceive
To follow his instructions and give him your trust. He knows what he is talking about and has a vast knowledge of his field. His knowledge produces positive results. And to be patient. He will get you to your goal
I was previously a patient of another local fertility clinic and felt like a number, which in turn made me try CNY. Upon meeting with Dr Arryo, I was impressed. So I scheduled care and saw Dr. Klitz going forward for treatment. He was very compassionate and positive. Explaining everything very detailed and in a manner like I was his friend almost. Very impressed over the many years of seeing another specialist for fertility and never being talked to in that manner. Highly recommmend Dr Kiltz
Dr Klitz recommmed a injectable cycle for egg retrieval upon having 11 previous IUIs at another clinic with no results. He recommmeded a low immune therapy as I have RA. Upon retrieval the mature egg numbers where high resulting in 26 retrieved. We froze 7 day 5 blastocysts as he said higher positive results come of that route. We transferred the next cycle after unfreezing 2 day 5s..resulting in two taking intially. We lost one due to it being unhealthy after implantation (downs syndrome, etc after having amniocentesis) but one resulted in a full term birth with no health issues as of now at 3mths old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris )
The entire nursing staff at the Buffalo location was wonderful and very knowledgeable. My primary nurse Kris was the one to lead my care until I saw Dr Kiltz at the Syracuse location. All the nursing staff was compassionate and always happy at both locations
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and modernized compared to another local clinic. It’s very inviting and home feeling compared to feeling like a doctors office. The clinic is very helpful and knowledgeable in this field. If they didn’t know an answer right away at a visit, they would follow up via email or phone after with the response. I would recommend this clinic to new patients in the fertility field over the other local clinic after having been to both. They are much more advanced on their line of care.
Costs were very attainable compared to the other local clinic with our medical insurance helping with medicine costs to some extent.
2013 - 2017
Dr. Kiltz is an amazing man and doctor. Not only did he give us hope and confidence that we could make our dreams come true he encouraged us to never give up by giving us all the knowledge and supports that were available....Because my there appeared to be problems with my tubes and my age Dr. Kiltz then began IVF treatment. I would come in every few days, very early before work for blood draws and exams to see how medications were working.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz made our dreams come true and made a very difficult journey bearable. He is an amazing man whose energy and positivity are contagious. He gave us the strength not to give up and the hope we needed to keep going through all the difficult days. I owe my world to Dr. Kiltz and I will never forget the hug he gave me the day my daughter was transferred. We were blessed to have him in our life.
Prepare your self as it will be difficult. Medications and shots and blood draws and exams and appointments after appointments. And disappointments... But don’t ever give up and embrace the knowledge and advice Dr. Kiltz has to share. He knows his stuff and his integrity and love for what he does will be obvious as he wants you to find happiness just as much you do.
Dr. Kiltz is an amazing man and doctor. Not only did he give us hope and confidence that we could make our dreams come true he encouraged us to never give up by giving us all the knowledge and supports that were available. From educating us on the problem, what was under our control, diet, yoga, acupuncture and hope. We could not have asked for a better doctor or kinder person to be part of our journey. He gave us our baby girl and we could never repay him.
Because my there appeared to be problems with my tubes and my age Dr. Kiltz then began IVF treatment. I would come in every few days, very early before work for blood draws and exams to see how medications were working. Everything seemed to go fine and the we would have retrieval’s where embryos would be made. Then transfers. The first two transfer did not work. The third I had to embryos transferred and one took! And we were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl.
Outstanding. Although there were many, they always seemed to remember me and no matter how early I came in they had smiles. Whenever I had concerns they were kind and compassionate. And it was just amazing how efficient and knowledgeable they were. It was so hard juggling a full time teaching job 30 minutes away and to have to go into early morning doctors appointments several times a week. I never had to wait or worry that I wouldn’t make it to work on tine.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you walk in you feel like you are at a spa. The calming music, friendly staff and beautiful atmosphere would take so much of my anxiety away whenever I walked in. They were helpful, kind and compassionate from talking about financial responsibilities to initial diagnosis and treatment planning to making appointments that were convenient for me. Exam rooms are calming and comfortable as well as whenever I had a procedure. The patient portal made seeing and understanding any test results so much easier. And all the additional supports such as groups, yoga, massage and acupuncture at the same location are just an amazing bonus. I can’t say enough positives.
I believe it was approximately $4000 a cycle along with prescriptions. I do know they had payment plans and specific deals if you wanted more then one cycle.
For us , we were happy with trying two at a time. The doctor discussed with us about single transfer. And at one transfer that was all we had. He said “ all it takes is one.” One or two was not a concern as we would have been just as happy with multiples. But he did let us know that sometimes a single transfer was more successful.
SYRACUSE
The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz.. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz and his main feedback was that maybe we could've done the egg retrieval a day earlier. (At the time of trigger, I had actually asked the nurse if we were waiting too long because it was across a weekend and an extra day longer than my previous cycle but she said they had to make it Monday b/c they were not open for retrievals on Sundays.) Overall, I just felt like Dr. Kiltz and his staff had no plan that was actually based on me - everything seemed generic or “let’s try it and see”.
Be very proactive - do your own research ahead of time and ask a lot of questions. Get second opinions.
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse and they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
General protocol for my 2 cycles: Gonal-F (300), Menopur (150), Prednisone (5), Cetrotide (.25), Lupron trigger. Before starting my second cycle, Dr. Kiltz prescribed 3 things: keto diet, laparoscopy/hysterscopy and a 1 month priming period. When I asked if the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy were necessary or if I showed any signs for concern, he said no but it was just to rule out any risks. There were no significant issues found and in the end, I'm not sure it was necessary but I guess it ruled out other complications. The priming month included a growth hormone (Omnitrope, 6 units/day) which he said had shown great results and estrogen (2 mg/day). I ended up taking it for 6 weeks because it caused me to miss my period and when I called to ask about it, the nurses said to keep taking it and waiting... Finally, they decided to start the cycle but my results were much worse than the first - only 3 eggs retrieved even though the nurses had predicted ~10 during stimulation.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very rushed and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz. In retrospect, maybe we need to be driving the coordination and insisting on who we saw but we didn't know what we were missing until we started to call around and get second opinions.
The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles. I've heard that they offer low cost options but maybe that's only when you pay out of pocket. My problem is that I asked the billing dept if I was getting close to the limit and they said "No, not even close!" I only found out through my insurance that they had reached the limit.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse but they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very brisk and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Although we did not see Dr. Kiltz at every appointment, the times we did were very memorable. The first time we met him was after our miscarriage and he not only showed us compassion but agreed that it sucked. We appreciated that he didn't try to cheer us up. However, he also encouraged us to visualize the future with children and that helped us move forward with hope. Anytime we would see Dr. Kiltz, he would sympathize with us that infertility treatment was hard. He was always so passionate, friendly, enthusiastic, and thorough. He always listened when I had questions and I never felt intimated like I have with other doctors.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask him any and all questions you have! He listens and cares and encourages questions. Don't be afraid to be your own advocate - pay attention to what the nurses and doctors are saying and doing, and what to expect at your next appointment - it helps if you're all on the same page and understand the language/treatment.
At the beginning of our time at CNY Fertility, we felt like a number... we did 1 letrozole/timed intercourse cycle, 2 letrozole/IUI cycles, and 1 letrozole/injectables/IUI cycle (which we got pregnant & then miscarried). Through these cycles, I felt that things fell through the cracks at times and that the clinic had too many patients. After our miscarriage, things changed - partly because we started to become our own advocate, we actually met Dr. Kiltz, and had consistency with the nurses we saw. When we were monitored regularly during/after our miscarriage, I didn't feel like a number anymore. Then Dr. Kiltz performed my laparoscopy and we took time off to recover. For our 4th and 5th IUIs, we requested the same nurse each time and that was a GAME CHANGER! We felt heard, cared for, and invested in.
For my first two IUIs (both negative), I did intralipid infusion 1-2x, triggered with lupron & took letrozole, z-pack, progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin, and prednisone. For my 3rd IUI (positive/early miscarriage), I did intralipid infusion 1-2x, triggered with lupron & took letrozole, 75iu gonal-f, progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin, and prednisone. For all 3 of these IUIs, my diagnosis was "unexplained infertility." After my miscarriage, I underwent a laparoscopy - endometriosis, scar tissue, and an endometrioma were all removed. For my 4th IUI (negative), I did weekly intralipid infusion & acupuncture the day of the IUI, triggered with ovidrel & took letrozole, 150iu gonal-f, cetrotide, z-pack, progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin, and prednisone. And for my 5th and final IUI (positive/twins) - Dr. Kiltz changed things considerably and took an approach as if autoimmune/elevated NK cells were an issue as well (our insurance wouldn't cover the tests): I did weekly intralipid infusion & acupuncture, triggered with ovidrel & took letrozole, gonal-f, cetrotide, baby aspirin, prednisone, prograf, lovenox, NEOQ10, progesterone suppositories, and progesterone-in-oil injections.
At CNY Fertility, you are not assigned a specific nurse. For our first 3 IUIs, we would see whoever called us back. By our 4th IUI, we knew which nurses we preferred and would request certain ones. There were 2-4 blood draw nurses we liked, and 2-3 ultrasound nurses we liked. Our experience at CNY Fertility improved greatly when we began requesting our favorite nurses. For our last IUI, we saw the same nurse every time - Meg - and she was phenomenal! I cannot say enough great things about her. She is invested, thorough, compassionate, honest, no-nonsense, knowledgable. She always encouraged questions and made sure we left all on the same page. Once we got pregnant, Meg spent lots of time with us during ultrasounds pointing out features and making it a wonderful experience for us.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes awhile to be seen initially. Once you are a patient, they are extremely flexible with fitting you in according to your cycle or any concerns.
IUIs were $300-350 and monitoring was $700-750. Medications were not included. Our insurance covered sometimes and not other times.
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He may seem like he is in a hurry but that is his personality he truly wants the ultimate best for each and every patient. He wants to see everyone become a parent...Dr. Kiltz took me on as a patient when I had a history of fibroids. He made sure I always saw him for appointments and ultrasounds. He was always available via phone and email after hours so when I had any concerns he could be reached in the evenings and weekends. When I was awaiting surgery he was always available to give me that peace of mind that I'd make it through the wait time. After surgeries he was available for any concerns with healing and to always check in to make sure I was feeling ok. No doctor would ever go to such measures to make sure their patients were taken care of.
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He has a caring personality and treats every patient as a person and the person they deserve to be treated like.
My first cycle was a standard protocol 225 gonal 10 hcg with lupron and human growth hormone for 30 days prior to stimulation. I triggered with lupron 7 eggs retrieved 4 mature 2 frozen. My second cycle he increased dosage to 300 gonal 75 menopur triggering with lupron. Due to 4 surgeries in a year and only being 1 month post op 2 eggs were retrieved 1 was mature and 0 made it to freeze. For my frozen transfer I was on the immune protocol of estrace, endometrim, lovenox, neupogen, progesterone in oil, baby aspirin and progesterone.
I got mixed information from the nurses from time to time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Patience is key and be your own advocate to your care.
Ivf cycle is $3900 plus $850 for monitoring.
I did a single embryo transfer next time I want to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Dr. Robert Kiltz did this:] IUIs (Non-injectables): -baseline ultrasound and bloodwork day 3 or 4 -prenatal vitamin, 81 mg aspirin, prednizone, azithromycin, and letrozole (day 3, 4, or 5 to 7, 8, or 9) -ultrasound and blookwork about day 10 (repeated until folicles are big enough) -ovadril trigger at 6pm the day before the IUI -Collection and sperm washing the day of the IUI -Inseminatiion an hour later -progesterone suppositories beginning three(?) days later -blood test 14 days after IUI
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I call him "Yoga Bro." His office is very zen. He performed two of my procedures, and is very compotent and direct. He also loves to talk about the benifits of fats and is a proponent of laparoscopies.
Listen to his advice (about diet, etc.), but do your own research.
When I'm n the office I feel like a human, the nurses are great. Although I love the patient portal, I often feel more like a number via the web and telephone.
They are great! Super friendly, supportive, and compotent. They could be a little more organized over the phone and internet.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is very zen. There are wellness activities (toga, acupuncture, etc.) on site. They are great in person and have a convinient patient portal online. You can do your ultrasounds and bloodwork at your local doctor and only go to the clinic for procedures. You can even schedule phone appointments. The patient portal could be more reliable, and the clinic could be more organized oneline and over the phone.
My procedures have all been at least partially covered by insurance, so I'm not sure. Now that I'm using more expensive injectables, the nurses provided me with a reusable $250 coupon card to presnt to pharmacies to offset co-pays.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor
We did a long Lupron for out first IVF [with Dr. Robert Kiltz]. It was a trial run since I had never used injectables. We used Gonal F & Menopur. I stimmed for 11 days and ended up with a very high E2 overnight. We used Certotide to bring it down & delayed retrieval by day. We retrieved 10 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized. We transfered 2 fair/poor graded embryos & lost the remaining 3 on day 6 before freezing. We had a positive beta, HB (low) at 6 weeks & missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. Our second cycle was antagonist. We used Bravelle, Menopur, Certotide (keep my E2 low). I stimmed for 8 days, retrieved 10 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. 8 transfered 2 good embryos. I had stronger betas this time, 2 sacs at 6 weeks with strong heartbeats. I unfortunately lost one twin at 8w2days after a bleed. The main difference between cycled was a changed diet (high protein, fat & low carb), endo was found & removed, endometrial scratch done. I also took CoQ10, extra Vitamin D, Fish Oil & baby aspirin. Post transfer we switched doxycycline for prednisone, still used Estrace, Endometrin, & PIO. We also added in Lovenox & Intralipids until week 12.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We didn't really see him much during the stim process so it's hard to rate seeing him a lot. I did like that he was willing to work with my OB to do some testing & gave a lap done since I lived in another state.
Ask any & all questions that you need. Sometimes he moved pretty fast while talking so ask him to slow down if you need that. He's great about that.
He knew our entire chart & history before our consultation. He even gave us his cell number for any questions or concerns we might have had.
We did a long Lupron for out first IVF. It was a trial run since I had never used injectables. We used Gonal F & Menopur. I stimmed for 11 days and ended up with a very high E2 overnight. We used Certotide to bring it down & delayed retrieval by day. We retrieved 10 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized. We transfered 2 fair/poor graded embryos & lost the remaining 3 on day 6 before freezing. We had a positive beta, HB (low) at 6 weeks & missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. Our second cycle was antagonist. We used Bravelle, Menopur, Certotide (keep my E2 low). I stimmed for 8 days, retrieved 10 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. 8 transfered 2 good embryos. I had stronger betas this time, 2 sacs at 6 weeks with strong heartbeats. I unfortunately lost one twin at 8w2days after a bleed. The main difference between cycled was a changed diet (high protein, fat & low carb), endo was found & removed, endometrial scratch done. I also took CoQ10, extra Vitamin D, Fish Oil & baby aspirin. Post transfer we switched doxycycline for prednisone, still used Estrace, Endometrin, & PIO. We also added in Lovenox & Intralipids until week 12.
Until I asked to be assigned to one person, it was hard to get answers since they always had to review the chart & call back. I understand wanting to be thorough but sometimes my questions were time sensitive. When I started working with Kelly, all that changed. She knew case inside & out.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As a travel patient, I would suggest getting direct numbers for the people you contact regularly to make it easier. Using their patient portal is a huge help too.
We paid a al carte so this may be a bit different if you use their packages. Monitoring for each cycle was $850 for all the blood work & ultrasounds at their facility. Each IVF cycle was $3900. If you pay in full, they offer a small discount. It included retrieval, transfer, ICSI, Assisted Hatching &freezing. All FETs were included for a year. Monitoring for a FET wasn't covered. Our testing there, SIS &blood work ran us $450.
We choose to transfer two embryos each cycle since they weren't highly graded. I was warned about possible complications with twins. After out first loss, we really wanted a baby & we knew the risks.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is great! He is very smart and knowledgeable and he is also really confident in his job and positive about treatments. He does great work when he is the one providing the treatment. The only drawback to being his patient is that he is not someone you see often. Only on big treatment days. I cant complain about his work as a doctor though. He's a great surgeon and doctor. He works quickly and has great bedside manner.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Kiltz won't force a treatment plan and he will let you be in the drivers seat. This means you need to ask lots of questions so that you have all the info possible to make your treatment plan. He has lots of techniques and methods and is always open to ideas but you have to be the one to ask.
For my first timed intercourse cycle, I wasn't given much instructions at my first appointment except to take some letrozole and come back. I didn't even see the doctor to have the cycle explained to me. I came back and they kept talking about a "trigger shot" which no one had explained to me. Needless to say, it was super stressful getting that medication and getting everything figured out. I rarely see Dr. Kiltz but I have learned to ask for the same nurse and ask lots of questions. Otherwise they never give much info about what to expect and you kind of feel like another task.
Dr Kiltz is really big about diet! He goes on and on about Keto diet and how it matters. It's an extra step in treatment but hopefully helps make the most of what your body does with all of the medicines you are putting in it. Dr. Kiltz is also really big on Holistic treatment using Eastern and Western medicine. He has an accupuncturist on staff and a yoga and meditation studio attached to his office. He truly believes in the benefits of these techniques so expect to hear about them. Also you get a free weekly yoga class at the studio as one of his patients. Dr. Kiltz is also all about LDN for his patients. He believes in a balanced immune system and uses this drug to try to achieve that for his patients.
At first, I was very put off by the nursing staff. The first few I interacted with were very rude and treated me like I was a number and I was just doing something so basic that it didn't deserve much attention. Although my first treatments were the lowest level on the scale, they were a big deal to me. After I learned to request the one or two nurses I liked and trusted, things changed. I am now very happy with my care from them and feel much more comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: the front dest staff is amazing. They remember your name and are so polite and cheerful. The lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The prices are much lower than the national average so this is a plus. This clinic is very busy. Lots of people in and out all the time. You have to learn to advocate for yourself. Ask questions, do your research, and take notes. Otherwise you can easily get lost in the shuffle and become just another file.
The finance department at this office is great at working with you to code procedures and treatments in a way so that the insurance will cover them. The pricing for IVF is lower than the national average its $3900 and includes retrieval, ICSI, PGS testing, freezing of embryos, and transfers and storage for up to a year. You are responsible for monitoring costs and medication costs.
I haven't done either of these with him yet but I know he typically does a single embryo transfer for women under 35.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I like Dr. Kiltz very much. Dealing with infertility and going through IVF is not easy and he makes you feel more comfortable going into it. I like that he makes himself available whenever needed...Dr. Kiltz has been very personable and open to my questions and concerns. He has a very kind bedside manner...Dr. Kiltz is a great guy and you can feel free to speak with him whenever...I wish everyone could have a CNY by them. The spa and staff there is wonderful as well! I would and have recommended CNY to many people.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a great guy and you can feel free to speak with him whenever. If you speak with someone else and you need a second opinion, don't hesitate to contact Dr. Kiltz.
For my retrieval I took: cleocin, doxy 100mg, progesterone in oil 50mg/ml endometrin 100mg, menopur, lupron, Gonal F 900, prednisone 10mg, estrace 2mg, LDN, prenatal, baby aspirin and synthroid. For my first frozen transfer I took Lupron (Leuprolide Acetate) 5 units, Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet vaginally three times daily, Prednisone 10 mg, LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) 3 mg, Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, Prenatal, and progesterone in oil. This transfer ended with a miscarriage. For my second frozen transfer I took all of the same medications as I did with the first except we did not do the Lupron or estrace and added in an intralipid infusion and prograf. This cycle ended with a negative Hcg. I am now preparing for my third frozen transfer and am taking all of the same medications as I did with the second transfer and adding in an hcg wash and lovenox. Transfer will be within the next week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta Nellis)
I love Greta! She's responsive and shows compassion.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I heard a lot of negative things about CNY and their numbers before choosing to go with them. But, when you look at the number of people that go through CNY and the fact that they don't turn anyone away like other clinics, the numbers that they have make more sense. Women that would never have babies with other clinics now have babies. For some it's the cost. I couldn't afford the recommended treatment through my original clinic and CNY made it affordable for me. I have found my treatment to be wonderful that I've received there even though I'm traveling from afar. My original RE made me feel inferior and I always left feeling confused and that was at a highly recommended place local to me. I wish everyone could have a CNY by them. The spa and staff there is wonderful as well! I would and have recommended CNY to many people.
Altogether including medications, retrieval and out of state monitoring for three transfers, the cost has come to approximately $9,000.
This was a big discussion with us and the doctors. They recommended that we do two because our embryos were only 3 day embryos as opposed to 5 day embryos. Due to me being high risk though it was recommended that I transfer only 1 the last time. For our third transfer, we only have one embryo left so that is what we will transfer.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz is warm and welcoming and confident and he is able to make his patients feel confident in their course of treatment as well. He seems to have boundless energy. I only wish he was able to see patients for more than just retrievals, transfers and surgeries, as his insight and expertise is sometimes sorely needed.... only twice did we see a doctor for his opinion during an appointment...I was advised to stop taking LDN before my egg retrieval because it was a surgical procedure, but was not advised to stop taking it before my hysteroscopy.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I saw a different nurse or nurse practitioner each time I had an appointment, and only twice did we see a doctor for his opinion during an appointment. They have no limit on appointments at specific times so you can tell them whenever you want to come in and they let you, which means sometimes the waiting room is completely full as well as the parking lot and you can wait more than 30 minutes to be seen.
There are great some great nurses but then there are others who don't exactly inspire a lot of confidence, especially when they write down an appointment on a piece of paper and forget to put it into the computer system so you show up and no one is expecting you, or when they don't put results in the patient portal, or answer questions in the patient portal, or when they are less than experienced with a particular situation and instead of asking a colleague to verify their results they send you on your merry way with your hopes high, only to be dashed by a second visit the next day.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are WAY too busy. I hate to say they should turn patients away but when you make it a point to treat anyone who comes to you, you either need to be open more hours or add a second location or more staff or SOMEthing. I never see the same person from visit to visit and I'm pretty sure everyone from the receptionist to Dr. Kiltz doesn't know who I am or what my issues are. They only find out moments before coming into the room because they look at my chart, and it takes a lot for me to trust that they're reading it completely and accurately and not just flying through the appointment to get to the next of a dozen patients waiting.
Robert Kiltz
Dr. Kiltz used both a holistic, dietary and medical approach to fertility issues. When treatment failed, the next course of treatment was altered. He seemed knowledgeable and compassionate, caring about his patient's comfort and success. He is very open and talkative! The offices themselves are beautiful and relaxing, offering massage, acupuncture, yoga etc... The 3rd cycle we did another retrieval, gonal f and hcg with hcg trigger, retrieved 5 eggs, did ice I, had only one embryo. Added progesterone in oil injections and prograf and low dose naltrexone to keep down inflammation and rejection. We ended up pregnant that cycle.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be prepared to try different approaches, and some things you may have not tried before. He really believes in healthy lifestyle changes.
Dr. Kiltz always took time to explain things when I did actually get to see him instead of a nurse. He offered advice and seemed to genuinely care about patient comfort and success.
The first cycle we used gonal f and hcg to stim follicles, cetrotide to mature followed by a lupron trigger prior to egg retrieval. We had a lot of eggs but only 3 made it to 5 day blast. We did a 5 day transfer 2 embryos with progesterone suppositories, estrace, prednisone and aspirin if I remember correctly. We had a chemical pregnancy. The second cycle we did A FET with one embryo after an hcg wash, same meds. It was unsuccessful. The 3rd cycle we did another retrieval, gonal f and hcg with hcg trigger, retrieved 5 eggs, did ice I, had only one embryo. Added progesterone in oil injections and prograf and low dose naltrexone to keep down inflammation and rejection. We ended up pregnant that cycle.
Most of the nursing staff were very compassionate. They worked efficiently to get vitals and labs at each appountment and were good with scheduling at convenient times. They were not always great about returning calls. There were a few times we had billing issues that were quickly and easily resolved.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very welcoming and relaxing. Lots of different options to choose from including holistic approaches. Seem to be up to date on current advances in reproductive technology. Everyone is very knowledgeable and most staff is kind and compassionate. Lots of financing options
We were able to qualify for a grant for NY residents that greatly offset our medication costs. The monitoring after transfer was all subject to insurance and deductibles.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz....Strength: kind and compassionate. Low cost. Truly wants to help others. Provided cell phone number for calls or texts. Weaknesses. Would prescribe serious meds without appropriate diagnosis. Did not see him for appts. Only saw nurses. Unless it was an emergency or transfer. He is a very kind man and when I did see him, he was very supportive. But he just takes on too many patients and you feel like a number. As a result the level of care suffers.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Advocate for yourself, review all of your labs, do not take every medicine without research and an understanding.
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz. I would often see different nurses and they would not know my case well. If I was able to see the same nurse this was helpful. But due to the business of the clinic that was not always possible. I had to monitor my own blood work more times than I should have. My thyroid was never monitored appropriately. After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake. But this did not make up for what had been done.
There were so many Meds prescribed to me with the school of thought let’s see if it works. Not really considering my history.
Most of the nurses were very kind and compassionate. They had a lot to undertake as a result of all that constant changes that were made by the doctor. However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: I had 2 nurses I worked with who were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. Kiltz gives his personal cell phone number out to all patients and is quite good at responding....Dr. Kiltz is an absolutely amazing man. He doesn't turn anyone away and he has done his best to make treatments more affordable...I had recurrent losses prior to switching to CNY. So we went with the full immune protocol. I used gonal, menopur, cetrotide, lovenox, baby aspirin, ldn, prograf, neupogen, and i cant remember if there was more. After my second bfn, he suggested a lap to ensure I didn't have any underlying issues (i.e. endo), as we had been previously diagnosed as mfi.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is an absolutely amazing man. He doesn't turn anyone away and he has done his best to make treatments more affordable. I highly recommend him and CNY Fertility to anyone and everyone. He is always just a text away if you're having a freak out in the middle of the night as well. No other doctor I know is as caring and compassionate.
If you don't ask, the answer will always be no. It is something he has said numerous times during his webinars...where he also gives away a free cycle.
Dr. Kiltz gives his personal cell phone number out to all patients and is quite good at responding. I don't think he ever sleeps! The nurses and support staff are also readily available to answer any and all questions.
I had recurrent losses prior to switching to CNY. So we went with the full immune protocol. I used gonal, menopur, cetrotide, lovenox, baby aspirin, ldn, prograf, neupogen, and i cant remember if there was more. After my second bfn, he suggested a lap to ensure I didn't have any underlying issues (i.e. endo), as we had been previously diagnosed as mfi. My local ob/gyn did the procedure, which i regret, because it would have been more beneficial in my opinion had I been able to get it done by Dr. Kiltz. (My local doctor found a huge cyst on one ovary, which he drained, adhesions, which he burned, and something that may or may not have been endo, but he didn't biopsy it, so now I'll never know.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta)
Greta is simply Amazing! All of her patients adore her and she adores them. She is always available and has been so helpful to so many of us.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Fertility is absolutely amazing. I've only seen the Syracuse facility, and it was so impressive. It felt like I was at a spa. They offer massage, acupuncture, there is a uterus shaped hot tub, a pool, amazing shower facilities. They also have a great set up with a local hotel that offers free shuttle service back and forth to the clinic. CNY also offers their own financing plan, which everyone qualifies for. And they have several option.
The price of my first cycle was $3900, which included retrieval, icsi, embryo cryopreservation, sperm cryopreservation, assisted hatching, and free FETs for one year. The only thing not included is monitoring (which I did locally) and meds.
I am older (42) and did not have many embryos (4), so it was recommended that we do two for the fresh and then freeze the other two. And when it was time for FET, I choose to do two again.
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
In the beginning Dr kiltz suggested the keto diet to reduce inflammation in the body. He also suggested that we start a medicine LDN. His first goal was to remove any inflammation before proceeding with IVF. Afterwards we did the traditional meds gonal-f menopur cetrotide Lovenox and the few other things...Although Dr.Kiltz didn't personally do my retrieval on that day. He still made an effort to find us and check on us to see how everything went!
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.Kiltz is truly a god send! I have Never Meda Doctor Who personally gives out his cell phone number and personally responds to all calls and texts. He was there when we had simple questions about medicines and as I was going through my miscarriage hundreds of miles away. He didn't hesitate to call me when I sent the text just to give me some words of encouragement and so that he was updated on what was going on. From our first consultation we knew that he was the right doctor for us. He has so many suggestions and is willing to try every and anything to get you pregnant.
Keep your faith and keep an open mind. He's willing to go the extra mile and he will never turn anyone down regardless of their situation
The nursing staff is truly amazing. They are very prompt at returning phone calls and even better with the patient portal and returning emails. They always call to congratulate and follow up with you each step of the way. When we were at the facility, they made sure to treat you as if you were at home and to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Syracuse is a beautiful facility. There's an on-site Spa acupuncture and massage specialist. The waiting room is very soothing and relaxing. The staff is amazing and they always have a smile on their face.
I can't speak for monitoring at the clinic. I was a satellite patient and I monitored in North Carolina versus monitoring in New York.
3900..for retrieval, icsi, anaesthesia, egg freezing for one year, assisted hatching, and transfers free up to a year
He left it up to the patient but he did give his thoughts. Being that I am 32 I was allowed to transfer to embryos.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Kiltz is extremely positive and driven toward his patient's success. He's aggressive and creative in his treatment plan and really listens and respond to the needs of each individual patient. He is only one person and it's a large practice to manage...He seems genuinely interested in me and my case. He approaches the process holistically and looks at all aspects of your like and how it may impact your fertility...Protocols have varied. The constant has been the ketogenic diet, no running, Co-Q10, DHEA, LDN, and prednisone during cycles.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Have an open mind and be willing to try anything.
Protocols have varied. The constant has been the ketogenic diet, no running, Co-Q10, DHEA, LDN, and prednisone during cycles. First IVF included Gonal, Menopur, Ganirelix, Lupron - after transfer PIO, estrace, baby asprin. Second IVF - added HGH priming and Lovenex for recurrent miscarriages. IUI cycles I've been doing lo-med with Letrizol .
Nursing staff is excellent. Very knowledgeable and compassionate. They have an amazing ability to foster positivity and hope. I had one negative experience while dealing with a new pregnancy. The fetus was not growing and the nurse said if it didn't improve I would have to get a D&C. We ended up hearing a heartbeat a few days later. Although a miscarriage was the end result, she was premature in suggesting the D&C. It was something we were not comfortable morally and the baby was still alive.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very accommodating and welcoming. It provides innovative and creative treatment options in a supportive environment.
My insurance has covered IUIs and monitoring appointments. Medications varied per cycle from a couple of hundred to over $1,000. IVF cycles were $3,900 each.
Only had one embryo each time.
ROCHESTER
Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable regarding IVF and treatments. I felt like I could ask him anything and be given an answer that was sufficient. I consider him to be one of the kinder doctors that I've had and have recommended him to family as well...Much like me, he is into full health which means you may be suggested diet changes (not regarding weight but health). You may be told about acupuncture or relaxation to combat stress. It's not just about IVF or fertility treatments. If that's your kind of care, you may fit right in.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
As with any clinic, do your research and see if this is a doctor for you. Much like me, he is into full health which means you may be suggested diet changes (not regarding weight but health). You may be told about acupuncture or relaxation to combat stress. It's not just about IVF or fertility treatments. If that's your kind of care, you may fit right in.
I felt like I could call or text and have my concerns checked into by an actual human. I did need to make sure of some things that I wanted looked into but not enough to feel like my care wasn't individualized.
I have immune issues and adding steroids among other things were talked about. The point is to make sure that my body is prepared and ready and not fighting the embryo and the medications. I am in the middle of my second cycle now and I've had the chance to look at my response to lower scale changes so now we're looking at taking it higher and doing more. I'm optimistic since these are changes that I do need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta N.)
There were other members of the staff that I worked with during my treatment. Kimmy, Greta, Katie, Donna. I felt like each one of them paid attention to who I am and I didn't feel like I had to explain my case or situation every time I called about something.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths - full approach to care, payment plans, inexpensive, friendly staff Weaknesses - not all doctors are the same. You may have to talk to them each to figure out what works for you.
I was able to do a payment arrangement. My IVF cycle is $4400. Buy one get one acupuncture is $70 day of embryo transfer.
I was able to choose which I wanted. I think I will consider doing more the next time but I am happy that I was able to have a say in what happened.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Dr. Kiltz gives you his personal cell number to text him at any time with any questions... Even though he is busy running his practice, he makes sure and stops to talk to you and acknowledge your concerns...Dr. Kiltz put me on an immunological protocol to help combat embryo rejection. He uses new medications and evolves his protocols to include medications that show promise or are proven to help women achieve successful pregnancies. Dr. Kiltz also believes strongly in the keto diet
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz does everything in his power to make your experience with his clinic nothing less than great. He texts you back at all hours of the day/night/weekend. He is a kind and gentle doctor with a warm personality.
Don't be afraid to question your protocol and what you can do differently after failed cycles. Dr. Kiltz will work with you to come up with different protocols to help you achieve success.
Dr. Kiltz gives you his personal cell number to text him at any time with any questions. After my failed fresh transfer (hadn't even made it to BETA day yet) he called me to get our plan together for an FET immediately. I had my FET plan together before my BETA test and could book travel and know exactly what we were going to be doing differently. Even though he is busy running his practice, he makes sure and stops to talk to you and acknowledge your concerns. He also is your biggest cheerleader. He genuinely wants everyone to be successful at growing their families.
Dr. Kiltz put me on an immunological protocol to help combat embryo rejection. He uses new medications and evolves his protocols to include medications that show promise or are proven to help women achieve successful pregnancies. Dr. Kiltz also believes strongly in the keto diet which he suggests for all of his patients. He used intralipids, neupogen, LDN, and prednisone to help with embryo rejection. He is now using prograf which is used in organ transplant to prevent rejection of transplanted organs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Donna Polito and Rebecca Akey)
Most of the nursing staff were kind and followed up appropriately. Both Donna and Becky provided clear instructions and orders. They were there to answer phone call questions and emails. There were some communication delays but nothing that a follow up phone call from me couldn't fix. After success was a little stressful because I was waiting for the u/s appointment at my local OB/GYN's office to confirm the pregnancy was viable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is also a spa, they have providers for acupuncture, massage and fertility yoga. They also have a hot tub and sauna. The embryologist team culture your embryos out to 7 days. Most clinics discard embryos if they haven't achieved blastocyst stage by day 5 or 6. The clinic is busy because Dr. Kiltz does not turn patients away so hold times might be a little longer than most clinics but be patient.
I was a travel patient, monitoring was done by a local imaging center and lab.
A full IVF cycle is $3900 excluding medications (but including anesthesia and embryo storage for one year of any remaining embryos). Included in that cost was FETs for a year if transfers were unsuccessful and you had embryos frozen. They provide no interest financing for one year (you do pay a monthly administrative fee). Their FETs are $1500 for each transfer if you go back after the year of free FETs or a pregnancy.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Be ready for high energy [from Dr. Kiltz]...It may seem too difficult to follow a diet plan or to start slow with treatment, but trust his process...At first we were diagnosed with unexplained fertility so we started with a month of pills and then went to IUI. Our first IUI resulted in a positive pregnancy test but ultimately ended in miscarriage. It was determined that I had PCOS so he then asked that we do a surgery to check for endometriosis, in the mean time we did another IUI that failed.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is high energy and exudes positivity. He instantly makes you feel like you’ve made the right decision by going to the office. We saw him for our initial consult and then it’s mainly the nursing staff. After we suffered a miscarriage he was the one we saw and he came in to let us know that everything would be okay. He just made us feel like we would get through everything, and I’m glad we could put our trust in him.
Be ready for high energy. Also follow his advice. It may seem too difficult to follow a diet plan or to start slow with treatment, but trust his process.
The staff makes you feel like you are a part of something great. They are kind and caring and really make you feel welcome.
At first we were diagnosed with unexplained fertility so we started with a month of pills and then went to IUI. Our first IUI resulted in a positive pregnancy test but ultimately ended in miscarriage. It was determined that I had PCOS so he then asked that we do a surgery to check for endometriosis, in the mean time we did another IUI that failed. We had the surgery and discovered I had had endometriosis. After the surgery we did another IUI but mid cycle switched to IVF due to the amount of follicles. We then were able to implant 2 five day embryos. Both took. We lost one at 9 weeks and the other are happy to say resulted in a live birth.
The staff was absolutely wonderful. Always happy, even for the really early appointments. They remember your name and made you feel like you really mattered.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is a spa atmosphere, so in a stressful situation you felt more at ease when you walked in. This was even more apparent when the friendly staff was there to greet you. I was sad that they don’t see patients all the way until delivery!
The IUI was covered under insurance but we had a 40 copay every time we went. When we switched to IVF mid treatment I believe it was between 2500 and 3000 for the transfer. Which insurance did not cover.
I am under the impression they would not do more than 2 unless the female was past a certain age. They recommended one for us but my husband and I asked to do 2 and they allowed it.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Robert Kiltz explained the procedure completely while also answering any questions. He actually only did my retrieval and another physician did the actual transfer 5 days later. I did only meet him one time but he acted like he had met me many times and knew my history.... Dr. Kiltz was super compassionate and very calming, his entire atmosphere was relaxing and he would sit next to you while talking with you, he would answer questions with out rushing like he had other things to do.
He likes the Keto diet
I had to use many drugs including injections in the beginning before harvesting my eggs, during that time I had blood work and ultrasounds done every other day until my eggs were at a certain size. Then the retrieval was scheduled. That is actually the first time I met Dr. Kiltz, I did a lot of my prep and testing in the Rochester office due to being closer to my home and then the actual procedure i traveled to Syracuse. After retrieval we waited 5 days and went back to Syracuse where another MD transferred 2 embryos. After the procedure I did acupuncture for one hour, then went home. After 2 weeks I had blood work done to check and see if it worked. After 4 weeks we went back to Rochester for our first ultrasound to see how many of the embryos took. We were blessed and one of the two took and we were able to see the yolk sac that day. We continued to travel back and forth to Rochester for the first 12 weeks for blood work and ultrasounds. During that time I was taking a baby aspirin, prednisone, estrogen and injecting progesterone. Once I was 12 weeks along I was able to stop all the medications and was discharged to my local midwife. 9 Months later we had a healthy baby boy!!
EXCELLENT!!! I dealt with many nurses due to going between the Rochester and Syracuse offices and every single one went above and beyond! Always compassionate and treating me like I was there only patient! They were always to go to person! The ones who kept the entire process organized!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very soothing place to be, beautiful, comfortable, spa like atmosphere and treatment. Never actually felt like a traditional doctors office. Didn’t even smell like a doctors office. Extremely clean and calming!
I traveled to and from Elmira NY for all my monitoring, I was also a full time employee as a nurse and a full time grad school student at the time. My commute time was about 2 hours. The offices were super flexible around my schedule while also setting some limits due to the timing of certain procedures or labs. They were excellent to work with!
I believe it was anywhere between $10,000-$15,000??? My insurance did not cover IVF
SYRACUSE
[Dr. Robert Kiltz] Very kind and compassionate. Very thorough and smart. Gave me all the options to my treatment. Explained the procedures and I never felt like I didn't know what was going on. He is very busy, but I like that he takes the time to do the webinars for patients to ask him all sorts of questions on Fertility and treatment...He suggested try 3 IUIs and then move onto IVF.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Great place. He is very kind and compassionate. Everyone is very helpful. Ask questions if you don't know the answer. There are people available and the online portle to use as well.
Everyone was so helpful and kind. Loved my experience.
We tried IUI first with medications. He suggested try 3 IUIs and then move onto IVF. My first doctor did not use medications besides a trigger shot. So I was on gonal f and a few other medications for IUI. Everything worked like it should but I did not get pregnant with any of my IUIs. With IVF I did all the medication I needed to too give me the greatest chance of getting pregnant. And I did get pregnant with singleton.
The nurse staff was great. They all were kind and compassionate. They all followed the same procedure. If I had any questions they had the knowledge to answer them and we're available to me to email any questions on the portal
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone was amazing. And the facility is very nice, soothing, calm and relaxing. Infertility can be stressful and emotional and you lose all that when you go here
My insurance covered the IUI and some medications. My insurance didn't cover anything associated with the IVF. It was paid out of pocket. I believe the overall costs were close to $7000.
He gave me the option on 1 or 2 embryo transfer and I chose 2. I was explained the risks.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
Immunological, Unexplained
After a miscarriage due to undiagnosed immune issues, I underwent four additional cycles with no implantation. Dr. Kiltz added immune meds and had me do an endometrial biopsy and additional testing to make sure I would be able to get pregnant. He then explained that because of my age, Donor Eggs would be better. I went with his assessment and got pregnant on the first try and am currently in a very healthy pregnancy.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is not only an amazing RE but he is also an RI and is very knowledgeable on protocols and immune treatments. He goes above and beyond to make the patients happy, even if he has to come out of his pocket to help you.
Be ready to experience the osterbock amazing journey with a doctor who really truly cares.
Dr. Kiltz is the only doctor u have ever encountered who Ives patients his private cell number so that you can call or text him any time of day or night. He was on vacation in Mexico and he called me from there when I had a concern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Allyson Santoro)
Ally was amazing from day one. She even gave me her cell number over a holiday weekend in case I needed to reach her after I started Stim meds for the DE cycle. She is very sweet and is quick to respond to answer your questions.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY has a spa feel to it. It looks nothing like a medical office once you walm through the front door. Every location was decorated the same by Dr. Kiltz. They spared no expense in making the facility, the lab, the rooms, the spa top notch. It's like going on a mini vacation. While waiting in the lobby on their partners, spouse, friend or relative I treatment, the spa staff give free massages to those waiting.
My first two cycles were a package deal of $5000 for two cycles. The other 3 were $3900 each. My donor egg cycle was $7800.
SYRACUSE
Dr. Kiltz was kind, but direct about everything that was going on and his recommendations. Our meetings with him were pleasant, but brief. We had a successful pregnancy on our first round of the plan we were put on. We are extremely grateful to Dr. Kiltz for his suggestions and helping us start our family so quickly after our losses.... The first thing was to start the fertility diet to help balance out my hormones and try to reduce the cysts on my ovaries. There were several vitamins recommended. We were on the recurrent pregnancy loss protocol and timed intercourse, which called for use of letrozole.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
To be open-minded to his recommendations, particularly when it comes to a fertility diet.
All of the staff were very understanding and sensitive to what is a very emotional process. Everyone made us feel comfortable. A plan was promptly put in place and executed.
The first thing was to start the fertility diet to help balance out my hormones and try to reduce the cysts on my ovaries. There were several vitamins recommended. We were on the recurrent pregnancy loss protocol and timed intercourse, which called for use of letrozole. We used ovidrill to force me to ovulate once my follicles were optimal sizes. I was on progesterone suppositories to help support pregnancy, prednisone to reduce any inflammation in my uterus, intralipid IVs to provide healthy proteins and fats for a healthy pregnancy, metformin to control my blood sugar, and lovenox injections to avoid any clotting in the placenta. On our first round with all of this, we successfully became pregnant and had a healthy pregnancy which resulted in my daughter being delivered full-term.
We appreciated working with all of the nurses that we encountered. Deanna was one who stood out to us with how comfortable she made us feel.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you enter the clinic, it does not feel like a typical doctor’s office that has a sterile feel to it. It’s very welcoming and relaxing. Once you’ve gone a few times, many of the staff learn who you are and remember you by name. The only weakness would be how busy it can be and therefore, the wait and sometimes lack of space.
My insurance covered all of the procedures I had done and the majority of the costs for the meds. The most expensive part was having weekly intralipid IVs. Thankfully my treatment was successful quickly and very affordable.
SYRACUSE
I am overweight. I have DOR and PCOS. He recommended a prime for 30 days and stim with HGH and Estrogen. He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] also recommend the Keto Diet. He said priming would get me more eggs. Sadly, only 1 of the 5 made it to freeze. I'm really disappointed that happened. I spent a lot of money on the HGH ($315 per vial and I needed 5 vials). I was on 300 iu of Follistim and 150 iu of Menopur. I stimmed for 12 days.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a wonderful doctor. His bedside manner is excellent. He is very warm, friendly, and compassionate. He always has a smile on his face and he is very encouraging. He is willing to go above and beyond all other doctors in this field. He always can be reached via text during any hours of the day.
He is a great doctor. He does advocate the Keto Diet for a lot of patients. But, I highly recommend it.
He is always willing to talk to you when necessary. He called me during his office hours. He treats his patients wonderfully and not like a number.
I am overweight. I have DOR and PCOS. He recommended a prime for 30 days and stim with HGH and Estrogen. He also recommend the Keto Diet. He said priming would get me more eggs. Sadly, only 1 of the 5 made it to freeze. I'm really disappointed that happened. I spent a lot of money on the HGH ($315 per vial and I needed 5 vials). I was on 300 iu of Follistim and 150 iu of Menopur. I stimmed for 12 days.
Some of the nurses are excellent. Greta is one of the excellent nurses. She goes above and beyond for the patients. However, Donna is horrible! I don't know how she still has a job as a nurse. Most nurses are very friendly and eager to help.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is really great at providing affordable treatment and everyone is very friendly. They are great to tailor protocols to individuals, but a downside is they like to push certain things on a lot of patients (immune protcol, Keto Diet, etc). A weakness of theirs is keeping nurses that shouldn't have a job (Donna). She is terrible! So, if you get Donna as a nurse, ask to get someone else. Dr. Kiltz goes above and beyond. During retrieval, he had to go in from my abdomen area to get to my ovary. Some doctors would just skip the follicles.
It's very affordable ($4,400). Their pricing includes everything except for monitoring and medication.
I only have one to transfer, so I have no information on it.
2013 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
During one particularly stressful time, when it was thought I might have an ectopic pregnancy and another doctor in the practice had been handling my treatment, he [Dr Kiltz] pulled rank, calling me at work and telling me I had to come to the clinic immediately for emergency surgery. Once I was there, he reviewed my chart and decided that it wasn't necessary. Obviously, a chart review before such an alarming phone call would have been appreciated.
2013 - 2015
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I had terrible experiences with Dr. Kiltz, while those were rare. He was nearly impossible to contact, even during the middle of treatment cycles when there were issues. When I did see him, while he was never outwardly unfeeling, he was rarely helpful. In several instances, he would change plans midstream without ever explaining fully the treatment plan. Afterwards, I would find out that I wasn't even able to follow his suggested treatment plan because the time for his suggested treatment had passed. During one particularly stressful time, when it was thought I might have an ectopic pregnancy and another doctor in the practice had been handling my treatment, he pulled rank, calling me at work and telling me I had to come to the clinic immediately for emergency surgery. Once I was there, he reviewed my chart and decided that it wasn't necessary. Obviously, a chart review before such an alarming phone call would have been appreciated.
I would honestly say to find another provider. If you do decide to go to Dr. Kiltz, I would make sure that you know exactly what treatment plan you are going to follow and diligently check to make sure that happens.
Other than at the initial consultation, at retrieval and at transfer, you can expect to never see a doctor (and even then you can expect to get very little time with a doctor). You rarely even see the same nurse. While that isn't necessarily an issue, a provider rarely has reviewed your chart before seeing you and there is no consistency in treatment. I often had to correct nurses and doctors about changes to my treatment plan that had been discussed with other providers, and my chart rarely had the correct medications.
I went through several different protocols while under treatment. I will say that Dr. Kiltz often recommended more experimental treatments (including off-label drug use).
The nursing staff was mostly well meaning but did a terrible job coordinating.
As IVF was not something my insurance covered, Dr. Kiltz offered IVF packages. While these were reasonably priced (I believe we paid $8,000 for three IVF cycles), make sure that you read the fine print. Monitoring charges were in addition to the IVF package, and those monitoring charges did not include any monitoring after a retrieval (so all blood tests, ultrasounds and appointments after that time were charged individually).
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Every time we went he [Dr. Kiltz] would know who we were and wanted to know how we felt about each step, each procedure and our feeling or questions each step of the way we explained our rough 6 year's of sadness and disappoints and his positive attitude made us so comfortable.... Dr K was the most amazing man. He talked to us in terms we understood and gave the most positive outlook we needed....
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
There are no words to describe this man and his team. Between his FB videos I watch, the compassion of him, his involvement in every case and his complete attitude towards your journey is amazing. Every time we went he would know who we were and wanted to know how we felt about each step, each procedure and our feeling or questions each step of the way we explained our rough 6 year's of sadness and disappoints and his positive attitude made us so comfortable.
Be honest with him. Don't leave anything behind and tell him everything. He is there to help you. I have referred friends to him that have had beautiful outcomes as well.
Dr K was the most amazing man. He talked to us in terms we understood and gave the most positive outlook we needed. We ended up getting pregnant with just the meds that we were given, and his blessing. When we confirmed out pregnancy he gave us the biggest hug and told us he knew we were going to be great parents.
Back in 2008/2009 it is hard to remember the specifics but he was there the whole time. We recently revisited the CNY SYR office December 2017 about having another child. I did not meet with him this consolation but his team was once again the best group even later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Meg)
Meg explained all how the procedure is now 8 years later. At the time we had great insurance. I have since lost my job and had to suspend the procedure at this time. When I called and explained the situation the nurse was so consoling and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone there is patient, compassionate, sympathetic and just all around wonderful. When I had to call and explain our current situation I had started to get upset just talking about it. She was reassuring about calling them with any questions or concerns that they could help with.
We only had copays and for the last visit and the most current visits. The first visits they explained all the finance options, what qualifies and what all of our options were. The most recent visits we once again told about all of our options for our at the time.
The last talk we had talked all about the amount of embryos and he explained why the amount and every step that needed to be taken.
2010 - 2012
He [Dr. Kiltz] was very knowledgeable. He showed compassion. He has a great facility. Sometimes I felt more like a number because my information wasn't read until my appointment so I may have had to wait....I don't remember the details of the rationale but I do remember having the procedures explained to me.... I feel like I had to remember things going on in my cycle that the doctor or nurses did not remember.
2010 - 2012
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He was very knowledgeable. He showed compassion. He has a great facility. Sometimes I felt more like a number because my information wasn't read until my appointment so I may have had to wait. I would recommend this facility to anyone I know who is trying to have a baby, but I would also tell them that they need to be their own advocate and ask a lot of questions and keep track of their treatments because they are one of many patients.
Trust his knowledge. But keep track of your progress and be your own advocate.
I feel like I had to remember things going on in my cycle that the doctor or nurses did not remember. They usually didn't look at my chart until I was seen. Unprepared for conversations/appointments.
Always smiling, always friendly, knowledgeable but overwhelmed. They seemed to not know what my course of action was or my fertility plans until I was at my appointment. I had to be my own advocate reminding them of what meds I was taking, etc...
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic was amazing. The people are always friend. It was a relaxing environment. I miss going in there! The snacks, smoothies, store was great. The massage offerings were nice. The fireplace and couches in the waiting area were great. There was always someone to greet me and water was available.
I paid for 2 rounds of IVF, but since the 1st round worked, I lost the rest of my money. I feel this was a scam. Since round #1 worked, I would have liked to have been reimbursed for the difference. I understand it was a risk, but I don't like the idea. People are sensitive when trying to have a baby and taking a financial gamble is just wrong.
I was told the risks of multiple but still decided to be risky and transfer 3.
2008 - 2012
Dr. Kiltz was a very upbeat, compassionate and straight forward Doctor. He was great at making us feel welcome, as well as making sure we understood every part of the process. We were humans and not just a number.... There were so many appointments and ultrasounds. I do not remember specific details. However I do remember the experience itself, as well as how life changing it was for us.... The entire staff [CNY - Syracuse] at the office were amazing and caring.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Take it one day at a time.
The entire staff at the office were amazing and caring. They treated everyone the same and some even remembered us by name. We felt at home there from the beginning to end.
I do not remember all of the specific details, as it was 10 years ago. I remember the medicine I had to insert and wear a pad for to decrease the mess if it leaked out. I remember my husband giving me shots daily, the last one he jabbed it hard to be the usual "pain in the butt" he is. We remember being in the operating room and my husband telling how big the needle was. There were so many appointments and ultrasounds. I do not remember specific details. However I do remember the experience itself, as well as how life changing it was for us.
The nurses were very relatable and even remembered us by name. The staff from what I remember were very compassionate and made you feel at home. This created a relaxing environment under circumstances that could be very stressful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The environment was very friendly and compassionate. It can be overwhelming at times, it is part of the process. The staff was great at making sure we understood every part of the process and were comfortable with it all as well.
We received a tobacco grant. We had a $1,200 down payment. The medicine and visits were mainly covered by insurance, the copays were our responsibility.
2005 - 2012
Dr. Kiltz is an amazing human. He fully explains everything and is very honest and caring. He spends time with you and has a compassionate and caring bedside manner. He tries different courses of treatment to give you the best possible results.... After two failed cycles he changed the meds and also changed the day of transfer. He switched one PO med to an injectable. He monitored blood work more often. All these were done in an effort to produce a successful cycle.