4.6

Robert Kiltz works at

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

I do not care for Dr Kiltz’s manner. I had several concerns about my cycle, including meds and protocol. He completely dismissed my concerns and pushed keto heavily, explaining any negative outcome away with my diet. He is not very active in care, it is managed almost entirely by nurses. I didnt get to speak to a doctor until ER. I saw him at transfer, and made an appointment for follow up.... My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated.
The cost of this clinic [CNY] is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.... Care is completely coordinated by travel nurses. I given conflicting information by different nurses on several occasions. They can be difficult to communicate with. The nurses in the facility were caring and efficient.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be sure to know exactly what you are doing. You need to know your meds, and what is best for you. You need to know your labs, when they should be done, what the expected values are, and what to request if they are not within limits. No one is going to help you through this process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
This is a very busy clinic. Genetic protocols are given. My requests for specific medications were denied without explanation. You almost never get to speak to a doctor. I didn’t get to talk to one until I was being prepped for ER.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I stimmed with 300 gonal f and 10 hCG/lh. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned about egg quality and was denied. I ended up with fair/poor 3 day embryos. I was encouraged to do a fresh transfer. My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated. By the time I knew, the embryos were already in me. Elevated tsh can cause chemicals and miscarriages. My cycle ended in a chemical.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very cost effective. I would only recommend them if it is all you can afford and your last choice. Care is coordinated almost entirely by nursing and they make frequent mistakes. It’s not cheaper if you have to repeat cycles due to their errors. You will see people say “you have to advocate for yourself.” That means know the meds, which are right for you, labs, values, treatments etc. Dr Kiltz believes that keto is the answer to everything and if anything goes wrong in the cycle, diet is blamed. Use caution.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
The cost of this clinic is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
CNY does not usually allow multiple embryos transferred. Because mine were fair to poor and 3 day, I was allowed to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was not happy with the protocol I was given. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned with egg quality, which was denied. I do not have pcos and was not in danger of going into ohss, yet was triggered with lupron, which should only be considered for when ohss is imminent because it can be so bad for egg quality. I ended up with fair to poor 3 day embryos and a fresh transfer was recommended. My tsh was not tested until transfer day, and had been elevated by stims. My transfer resulted in a chemical.
Syracuse

I've never spoken with Dr. Kiltz. I have no idea what he's like. I've read that this is common with travel clients who are having remote cycle monitoring. Honestly, I only saw my last RE a handful of times and that was over 8 IUIs and almost 3 years. I was not expecting any hand-holding from an RE from across an international border...He signs your prescriptions and that's about it...I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was.
They [CNY Fertility Center] will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword...I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had...I'm a travel client, so I've had no face to face contact with anyone from the clinic. I've had a couple of phone conversations with nurses who seem very nice...Not specifically detailing my protocol is frustrating. Saying to just get all these meds and we'll figure it out later? What if I don't use them? They're not exactly sugar pills. They cost a lot of money.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
If you are a travel client having remote cycle monitoring, do not expect any communication from directly from Dr. Kiltz. He signs your prescriptions and that's about it. If you're having IVF I would imagine you'd see him on the days of retrieval and transfer.
This is my second RE, second clinic but first time IVF. I sent CNY my medical records and the results of any tests they asked me to take. They sent me a list of medications with little to no information on dosages and format. They just said to get all these meds and call us on your day 1. I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was. The list I got was as follows: 1. Gonal F 450 x 4 inject 225iu 2. hCG LH supplement (100iu/ml)x1 Inject 20 units subQ 3.Cetrotide .25mg x 6 4.Lupron trigger 4 mg 5.Prednisone 5mg x 60 1 twice daily 6. Prograf 0.5mg x 32 1 twice daily 7. Baby aspirin 81mg x 30 8. Zithromax ZPAK 250mg x 1 9. Cleocin Ovules 100mg box 10. Estrace 2mg x 60 1 twice daily 11. Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml x2 vials. Inject 50 mg IM 12. hCG 10,000iu trigger I guess they are waiting to explain how to take this medication when I call in my day 1? Like I said, this is my first IVF cycle. I had to look up most of these meds to try to figure out what the protocol is. From what I can gather from my own research is the protocol I'm on is a version of a down regulation short protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I've communicated with several nurses. It's a bit frustrating because you're never sure if the nurse you're speaking to is up to date on all the details. They are always professional and kind but stingy with information. I never get a complete thorough answer to my questions and have repeated myself so many times.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is their number 1 strength and also the reason why everything else suffers. I am completely out of pocket so cost was my primary reason for going with this clinic. They will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword. They give hope to those who maybe they shouldn't and the volume of clients they see make if feel like you're just a number. I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had.
Single IVF costs $3900 US Includes retrieval, ICSI, anesthetic, assisted hatching and 1 fresh embryo transfer. Each frozen transfer done within 1 year costs $450 US That's easily a third the cost of any local-to-me clinic. Remote cycle monitoring is $150
Syracuse

[Dr. Robert Kiltz's] feedback felt very canned and repetitive... found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm...When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable... I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have heard of many people who like him but I found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm. He did offer his cell phone number, like he does to others, but I never used it. When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable.
Do your own research. Make sure you have a team of supports. Know you can change doctors at CNY. Know that you won't necessarily get him each time, whether you want to or not. Know that the doctor the day of transfer can vary even from who you are scheduled with. Do your own research on Keto to find a way that works for you if you choose to pursue it.
His feedback felt very canned and repetitive.
This is hard to describe because I had different doctors throughout my time at CNY for phone calls, retrieval, transfers, and prescribing. I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor. In the beginning, he accidently prescribed all the retrieval and transfer medications to my wife who was only doing the retrieval and the transfer medications to me (I was doing the transfers). Because they want you to fill it all ahead of time, we spent a lot of money on medication that was never used for her (because she wasn't doing a retrieval). My first transfer, I was prescribed birth control for syncing cycles, estrace, PIO, endometrin, prednisone 5 mg twice a day (upped to 10 mg twice a day for further transfers after a chemical), low dose naltrexone, prograf, and plaquenil. Later, I added on lovenox (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), intralipids (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg wash (chemical and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg booster thru 10 weeks (7.5 week miscarriage), neupogen thru 10 weeks (7.5 miscarriage).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at Syracuse was warm, friendly and organized. My experience with the nurses on the portal has been frustrating. About 90% of my messages are not answered in full or answered incorrectly. On the phone, I have had some amazing nurses and two that seem quite rude and I don't trust what they tell me, which is problematic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love that this clinic offers massage and acupuncture. The acupuncture before and after transfer is very helpful. The setting is comfortable and clean. I like that the recommendations are more holistic. I wish that the messages I get from nurses were more organized and predictable. You have to do your own research. You have to make sure that you look at your numbers because I've had nurses tell me my numbers from labs were good and then later admit that I needed meds adjusted when I double checked. Their fax machine has issues and I have to have my monitoring clinic resend my labs often, which is frustrating.
It's outlined on their website. The monitoring fee changed while I was there.
He recommended single, and after a chemical, the team started recommending 2, and I chose to do 2 after 2 chemicals and a miscarriage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Once I had a nurse tell me that my estrace was good, I called to double check and they told me to was good, and when I saw it in the portal it was below 50 and had dropped 200, and it was supposed to be above 100. It took 3 days to connect with a nurse to get this confirmed and have my medication increased. I subsequently miscarried but I don't think it was related to that. Still incredibly stressful. I had the same thing happen one other time and had to call and talk to someone.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kiltz is a very kind and compassionate man. He did well explaining the what to expect for our first IVF cycle. When that failed he wanted us to just do another try. We had refused to do so without making some kind of changes...stayed 2 weeks in NY to be monitored at CNY. All of this was at his request...asked for answers and none were given.
The [CNY Fertility Center] clinic is beautiful and relaxing. The doctors are kind but you won't get much time with them. The nurses in the clinic were great but the travel nurses were not...If you are a travel patient be prepared to advocate for yourself...They try to make one standard protocol for every patient and we don't all fit into it...provide affordable IVF but don't expect to get personal care.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a very kind and compassionate man. He did well explaining the what to expect for our first IVF cycle. When that failed he wanted us to just do another try. We had refused to do so without making some kind of changes. For the second cycle I did keto, even though I was vegetarian, I took really expensive meds to prime, I did a 3day freeze, I even stayed 2 weeks in NY to be monitored at CNY. All of this was at his request. The 2nd second was almost identical to the first. We asked for answers and none were given.
Be prepared to advocate for yourself.
In person you are treated like a human but as a travel patient doing everything over the phone you feel like a number. They try to make everyone fit in a certain protocol and when you don't they give conflicting information. It is very clear they do not read your chart before giving answers. They give the standard answer and hope it applies.
The first protocol was pretty standard for CNY. I did metformin, gonal-f, estrogen, progesterone, a trigger shot, etc. I did a day 5 fresh transfer with our only 2 remaining embryos. Both implanted but one was ectopic and the other we miscarried. The second cycle we added HGH for priming. I did Keto at Dr. Kiltz request. We hoped to have better quality eggs. We did a day 3 frozen transfer as I was hyperstimulated and couldn't do a fresh transfer. I had 3 failed transfers. I had high number of eggs retrieved for both cycles but when it came down to the transfer we hardly had anything left and the quality wasn't great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses in the clinic were great but the travel nurses were not. They wouldn't even look at your chart. They would give answers/directions that didn't make sense. For our first IVF cycle both of our embryos implanted but we didn't know it as one was ectopic it. For our very scan at 5 weeks we were so excited to finally be pregnant. They called and told me to have a d&c but they wouldn't explain why. They never once indicated that I might have an ectopic pregnancy as well as the one in utero. I didn't know anything until the ectopic ruptured and almost cost me my life. The travel nurses don't care to answer your questions. They just want to get you off the phone and move on the next patient.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful and relaxing. The doctors are kind but you won't get much time with them. If you are a travel patient be prepared to advocate for yourself. Make sure you write down everything and question anything that doesn't sound right. They have done a great job to provide affordable IVF but don't expect to get personal care. They try to make one standard protocol for every patient and we don't all fit into it. I personally believe they have taken on more patients than they can really handle. Dealing with the travel nurses is very frustrating/stressful. Stay in NY for the monitoring if possible.
Retrieval and transfer was $3,900 but monitoring varied. At home monitoring ran us about $4,000. Monitoring at the clinic was $850 but had to pay hotel costs for 2-3 weeks. Medications ran between $3,000-4,000 per cycle. We also had cost of travel such as renting a car, gas, and food.
For the first cycle we transferred both as we didn't have a choice. For the second we transferred 2 embroys for all 3 transfers at our request.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
As stated before they wanted a d&c with no explanation as to why. They gave no indication of an ectopic. This resulted in a rupture that became fatal. The nurses didn't return calls at times. They didn't know what medications I was taking. I was told to take a pregnancy test way too early, etc.
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
My first retrieval [at CNY Fertility Center] was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure...You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.kiltz as a person is an amazing soul. However I do believe the client has to many patients and can not give certain attention each patients need with their fertility issue. You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great. Dr.corley is my favorite. All of them pray after transfer which I absolutely love. I just feel as a number thou and always rushed along at appointments and transfer and I believe this is due to overbooking.
Slow down make your patient feel important not rushed. Everyone is different and everyone needs a personal protocol and to find the problem sometime less is more
When I started in 2018 I felt like they were awesome, now I feel like a number after failed transfer over and over you would think we would change something but no I had to throw something out there from speaking with other clients
Wonderful overwhelmed but wonderful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My first retrieval was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure. So I'm very proud of the up grade for retrieval surgical rooms.
Cost is great
2020, Unsuccessful
First cycle [with Dr. Kiltz] was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle...Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday...Do not expect personalized treatment.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient [at CNY]. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use...Low cost but treatment rendered reflects the price paid. Travel patients usually don’t get a call with results until the end of the day. You may have to call them & ask for your results. Responses to emails are sometimes unhelpful & the response provided demonstrates that the person responding never looked at your history.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz met with me & my husband for the initial consult & I haven’t spoken to him since. Physicians seem to perform the surgical procedures & every other aspect of treatment is handled by a nurse.
Do not expect personalized treatment.
Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday. I sent a massage through the portal. Results are uploaded to portal. It is late Friday evening & I have yet to receive a call.
First cycle was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle. First baseline showed 6 follicles. Baseline after birth control showed 1 follicle, cancelled cycle. Third cycle, doubled med dosage. Had a decent number of follicles develop, however, miscommunication around timing for retrieval resulted in a loss of 4 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
Travel patient. Conducted monitoring offsite.
4K per cycle $1100 per PESA Lab & ultrasound extra Meds extra
It’s been 4 days & no one has called me to discuss my beta results

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He is great at what he does, but he doesn’t take the time to thoroughly discuss options. He speaks over you and not to you....Dr. Kiltz knows what he’s doing when it comes to retrieval’s and transfers. His bedside manner during a transfer is the best. He’s extremely compassionate. It’s difficult to ask him questions because he is always in a hurry. He’s lucky he has an amazing staff because they are the ones that run the clinic....My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy.
Strengths are they are affordable and staff is very caring and compassionate. Weaknesses are over population of the clinic. There aren’t enough providers for the amount of patients seen at the clinic.... I don’t remember exact costs. There are so many “extras” and your never told the price of the “extras”. Over the past two years I would guesstimate I have given CNY over $50,000... The nursing staff is excellent. The nurses are the ones that run the clinic. I do wish I had been assigned to only single nurse whom I could communicate with throughout treatment, but every nurse is nice.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Know your health history and know everything fertility related. You have to advocate for yourself.
My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy. We miscarried at 14 weeks. My second transfer was a single day 5 embryo that came from my first retrieval. It which resulted in a negative. We recently transferred a single day 3 that came from our second retrieval and were waiting on the results.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Every time I have gone in for beta testing to get my results I have always had to call. No one has ever called with my results. There have been times nursing staff is extremely difficult to contact. When calling you never know which clinic your going to get. I go to the Syracuse clinic and even though I call their phone number I might speak to someone in the Albany office.
Syracuse

First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him... I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally...After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP.
[The nurses at CNY had] Long fake fingernails. Did not monitor me very closely after egg retrieval (was frequently out of the room and left me alone). Had zero compassion for the fact that I just wasted thousands of dollars to get no eggs. Still handed me card with my embryologist's name and instructions for transfer meds and betas after getting no eggs at retrieval...I have experienced just about every minor inconvenience a person could have experienced with this clinic, but chalked it up to it being a large clinic. It was really the last egg retrieval and the fact that the cycle was even allowed to start that made me extremely dissatisfied with this clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I kind of explained it all when I talked about not feeling like a human. I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally.
Don't do it. Save your money and go to a real fertility clinic. The more I think about it, the more dangerous a place CNY seems to me. People come there desperate. People come there and spend every last dime they have. This place does not care at all about your safety or emotional wellbeing. It is almost like they take advantage of people in their desperation.
First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him. After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP. She set the appointment, but she didn't call at our appointed time. After sending several more calls and emails, I finally got a follow up with the NP. She suggested that I do a mini-IVF moving forward. I voiced concerns that I had not had success with those in the past. She said it would be better this time because I had been on Omnitrope and would take menopur during the cycle. I reluctantly agreed. She did say that she wanted to make sure I was "suppressed" when I started the cycle. I had my baseline. I had several follicles over 10 mm and an LH of over 11. I was prepared to have to wait until next cycle. A nurse called me and told me to start my meds. I expressed concern. She said she would contact the NP who made my protocol. She called back and said she couldn't get ahold of that NP but she talked to another "provider" and it was ok to start. I got to the "egg retrieval". I was left several times alone in the OR before and after the procedure (including post anesthesia). The OR was cluttered and dusty. The nurse taking care of me had long, fake fingernails. The anesthesiologist did not wear a cap over his hair piece. A speculum was inserted while I was still awake but without warning me that they were inserting a speculum. I remember being concerned that they were going to start before I was asleep so I told them I was still awake. I then went to sleep. When I woke up, I was told that they got no eggs. I only had cysts. I again said that this cycle should have never been started because I had 14mm follicles at base line. The Dr. (Dr. Corley) said it was fine for them to have started me with such big follicles. I was charged my new payment plan amount that included both cycles with CNY three days later, even though I had signed a contract stating that the new higher amount would begin in the following month.
First cycle: Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, max dose of gonal F/menopur, cetrotide, 5 mg Predisone, Tacrolimus, Cleocin, Z-pack, IM and vaginal progesterone, vaginal estrodial. Rationale: DOR, Results: 1 embryo, no pregnancy Second cycle: Letrozole, Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, 225 gonal F, menopur, ganirelix, 10 mg prednisone. Rationale: If a lot of meds only make 1 egg, why not sped less money to only make 1-2 eggs. Results: painful cysts, no eggs
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic's strengths are that they are really cheap. Plus they see so many patients that someone has to get pregnant at some point, so maybe a new patient might win that lottery. Weaknesses: Not compassionate, knowledgeable or safe
Cycles are $3900 plus monitoring plus meds.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it)
This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.... It's comfortable. It's relaxing. I was a little confused at the end about billing, but they are totally willing to answer questions. Some people have told me that the wait would be long, but we never had to wait more than 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it) and would make sure I was healthy before we did retrieval. After surgery, he explained to my husband that it was a "war zone" in there, and he now understood why we were concerned. He still saw no reason as to why IVF would not work for us.
Take the Keto info with a grain of salt. Do not let it derail you. Yes, it can be done, and yes, there will be benefits, but it is *not* for everyone. I need it to manage my inflammation due to endometriosis. But it should not be how you are judged. You can cut carbs and get similar results. :) He knows his R.E. area, and he is very supportive once in there.
He was explaining the surgery to me, and I started to get upset, and he came over, sat next to me, held my hands, and whispered that it would be okay, we would come through this, we would have a baby. But first, the surgery needed to take place so I could be healthy enough for that baby. He said he would do everything possible to keep my ovaries, and in the end, he did.
July: Myomectomy, Hysteroscopy, Cystectomy to treat Endometriosis Stage IV and scar tissue from drained cyst in December. Late July: 11.25mg leuprolide to keep endo at bay while I heal from surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was very informative. She wasn't touchy-feely, but she was able to answer all of our questions, and deal with me being a complete emotional wreck. She also helped us understand the keto lifestyle's benefits and drawbacks. Danielle was able to draw my blood, though I rarely have good veins. She was in and out in a pinch, which was fantastic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Insurance covered my costs.
He mentioned while prepping for surgery we would probably want to try for one due to the severity of my endo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My husband had to get bloodwork done, and though I was told I'd receive a call, I had to take the initiative. This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.
Syracuse

strategy for my embryo transfer [with Dr. Kiltz] was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks...I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
Being a large practice [CNY Fertility Center], I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection...Sometimes it is difficult to trust that the staff will be on top of everything because of the high volume of patients, so I felt that I needed to stay on top of everything and double check and question every step of the process.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did my embryo transfer. My appointment was a few hours late because some of his other appointments ran late. My transfer felt very rushed, but he was very pleasant during the procedure. I was hesitant that it would work because of how quick it was, but I did get a positive pregnancy test.
Make sure that you ask questions and double check everything because this practice sees a large volume of clients and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
This practice sees a large volume of clients, and they are very busy. I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
My strategy for my embryo transfer was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks. I also had a previous ERA done, so for this protocol, an extra day of progesterone before transfer was added (6 days).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Being a large practice, I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice. It feels more like a spa than a medical clinic. The only weakness I would say is that sometimes the appointments run late because they see such a high volume. The atmosphere is very peaceful and clean.
Embryo transfers scheduled within one year of an egg retrieval were $250, so that was very reasonable. The fee for outside monitoring was $150. The medications for this one embryo transfer were around $200, but insurance covered most of them.
Syracuse

I have never actually gotten to speak to communicate with Dr.Kiltz himself yet. I have only been getting papers signed off by him through the portal. And some of the stuff in the papers have been wrong, like my prescriptions.... I am being put on the immune protocol because I have PCOS. This is completely different than what was explained to me in my phone consultation. I am put on primarily put on a low dose of gonal, meno, and cetro for retrieval.
The clinic [CNY] is the cheapest I have ever found and it allows in house financing with will give myself and many others the option for IVF that may not have the chance to have it otherwise. However only two locations do the actual IVF procedure and they are both in NY... everything I have done via the portal has taken a very long time to get a response back about. They seem nice, and genuine, but it shouldn't take 2 or 3 weeks to send me back an email
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
From what I have seen from the Fireside chats, he is very knowledgeable about what he does. It's too early in my journey to tell exactly what type of doctor he will be but I am hoping for the best. I chose Dr.K not just because of his prices but because he is highly rated about and this gives me faith that he will also help my husband and I with our miracle baby.
Dont expect too much communication outside of appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I have never had an in person appointment with the nurses yet. But everything I have done via the portal has taken a very long time to get a response back about. They seem nice, and genuine, but it shouldn't take 2 or 3 weeks to send me back an email and if it does then they are severely understaffed
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is the cheapest I have ever found and it allows in house financing with will give myself and many others the option for IVF that may not have the chance to have it otherwise. However only two locations do the actual IVF procedure and they are both in NY
They are the cheapest clinic I have ever found
I know that transfering more than one embryo doesn't increase the chances of implantation, so I am okay with only transferring one at a time. However if I have to do several transfers, for cost reasons I may ask to transfer two.
Syracuse

[Dr. Kiltz] didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about...I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him....
[CNY Fertility Center] are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now...several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time...They slipped taking my levels after retrieval to make sure transfer would be a good idea. They made my beta no STAT so i had to get it redone and get results the next day. Nurses all had wrong info....
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
His strength is only somewhat of his knowledge. I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him.
See dr. Corley instead. Unless you are a keto maniac, Kiltz can’t exactly offer you any more help than anyone else. Also join the CNY support groups it will help tremendously!
He didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about. Why entire cycle failed and he recommended things that every woman is recommended even though my eggs being “soft like butter” was apparently something he’s never heard before.
I can’t even remember the protocol I was suggested I do remember it was the basic one. And when the cycle failed and he called to adjust, he recommended “priming” with other drugs which I will do!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
When it came to the wait after retrieval, several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time. When my beta results came in I was supposed to be with my husband in case bad news came in and the nurse didn’t give me an option if I was even ready she just blurt the awful news out so I was bawling my eyes out looking for my husband outside. No one could help with simple vitamin questions either.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself seemed prepared and clean. The waiting areas were warm for the couples to feel calm. Weaknesses are they are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now.
Well I didn’t have any embryos make it to freeze so it cut down cost quit a bit. I would say for my whole ivf cycle (under any doc, Kiltz being the over phone doc) would be around $4,000 including travel and stay and food and transport.
No comments on the two. But I suggest taking in less new patients so he has better organized time for the ones already in treatment.
Syracuse

He seemed very busy, and is very big on his Keto diet being a major factor. We weren't convinced, and neither were our OBGYN / Urologist. Overall though every conversation we did have with him was informative and professional. But it definitely seemed like he was always in a rush... we barely even saw Dr Kiltz aside from the retrieval, and actual transfers. Any phone consultations or questions we had were answered by RN's instead.
Retrievals and Transfers are only done at the [CNY] Syracuse office - all the remote offices can only do monitoring or the early parts of retrieval/transfer cycles. The 24 hour nursing line is nice if you have questions.... We spent about $2100 on drugs, $4,500 on retrieval, and several thousand more on cycles, monitoring, and travel. In total, we probably spent close to $11,000
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions to the RN and develop a good relationship with the nurses in general - they will be your main contact.
The Nursing Staff and RN's were very knowledgeable and helpful, and really went above and beyond for us in my eyes. However, we barely even saw Dr Kiltz aside from the retrieval, and actual transfers. Any phone consultations or questions we had were answered by RN's instead.
I was prescribed clomiphene. I can't recall everything that my wife was taking. I know there were several anti-inflammatory options used and closely monitored.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were fantastic. Very helpful, compassionate, and willing to answer any and all questions we had. They really put us at ease when we were having nervous days.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Retrievals and Transfers are only done at the Syracuse office - all the remote offices can only do monitoring or the early parts of retrieval/transfer cycles. The 24 hour nursing line is nice if you have questions.
We were well informed on eSET vs multiple. He recommended single for our first transfer due to the high embryo quality, but let us elect to do a multiple transfer for the second due to the lower quality.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is great. He goes out of his way to be extremely accessable to his patients. He is very compassionate and welcoming. He is constantly thinking outside the box to find new innovative treatment plans and protocols...The care I received was inconsistent. Rather than having a consistent treatment plan, I routinely received inconsistent treatment protocols based on whomever handled my care at the moment.
[CNY Fertility Center's] treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask questions, he is there to help.
Intalipids, HCG washes, and accupuncture were recommended and available. Since I was having such a hard time with having any of the Embryos implant they threw at it all they could think of. Plaquenel and Lovenox (for blood flow) were added to my protocol after my first 3 Embryo transfers failed. I also had an Endometrial Receptivity Analysis to test the most receptive timing for transfer which was recommended by a nurse after my fifth faith embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Many were very warm and friendly. However, the management of my care was inconsistent and it all depended on what nurse I happened to talk to at any given time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Their treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
Out of pocket IVF was $3900. $200 out of pocket for each frozen embryo transfer within a year from retrieval date. HCG wash out of pocket was $50. Intralipid infusion out of pocket was $50. Out of state monitoring fee was $150.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Primarily, there was a test that should have been suggested much sooner than it was. Typically ERA tests are suggested after 3 failed embryo transfers but only after five did a nurse suggest it. I had even had a follow up consult with Dr. Kiltz and he never recommended it. If it weren't for one of his stronger nurses on his team, it would have gone overlooked. It was very disappointing since I was down to only 1 embryo left when it was finally suggested and I can't help but wonder if things would have turned out differently had they suggested it after 3 failed transfers as is standard timing to consider performing an ERA biopsy.
Syracuse
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic... The nurses that answer calls can be nasty and rude depending on who you speak with but some of them are very kind and helpful. All of the nurses I encountered in person at the Albany clinic were wonderful.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I never saw Dr. Kiltz directly because I went to the Albany clinic. Labs and prescriptions, however, were ordered under his name. I have reached out to Dr. Kiltz numerous times and he did call me back but his call was missed because I was at work and never spoke with him directly over the phone. I have emailed him after I was given inaccurate instruction by one of the CNY's CRNP's. My plan was adjusted in my favor after I reached out to him and that mistake was compensated. I believe Dr. Kiltz is a good person and I believe he would help everyone if he could. But there are too many patients for him to manage himself (of course) so he has recruited help and opened clinics in different locations to manage the amount of patients attracted to CNY's prices. Although I have never met Dr. Kiltz in person, the positive and negative occurrences at all of these other clinics reflect back on him.
If you work and are a travel patient undergoing IVF, you will not know when you will need to be in CNY until that week or the week before you need to be there. Make sure your employer is flexible and can work with you.
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic and thoughts that my hard earned money may have been better placed elsewhere. The diagnosis of infertility is heartbreaking in itself but to feel like your not a priority after investing so much effort, time, and money is even worse.
I have undergone 1 IVF cycle so far. I used Gonal-f and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. I triggered with Pregnyl prior to retrieval. 9 oocytes were retrieved, 5 of which resulted in 5 day blastocyst using ICSI. I did 1 fresh medicated embryo transfer that was unsuccessful and a medicated FET that was also unsuccessful. I am young, I ovulate on my own, and have no lining or hormonal issues. I have bilateral tubal factor infertility and for the next FET, plan to do an unmedicated FET.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: affordability, flexibility Weaknesses: You are your own advocate, continuity of care is compromised because multiple healthcare professionals handle your case, many mistakes are made, the stress of traveling out of town, finding your own monitoring facility, patients rarely speak directly with physician's, nurses coordinate patient care, long wait for initial consultation
My meds costed around $5,000 and IVF was $3,900. FET's are $250 for a year after retrieval but increases significantly after year is up
I was strongly suggested single embryo transfers and I think that is reasonable considering I am young with only tubal factor infertility
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I've had meds called to my pharmacy with wrong name, I have been given inaccurate instruction regarding ERA cycle, nurses have been unfamiliar with the natural cycle protocol
Latham

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
I was not told [by Dr. Robert Kiltz] about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in... I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!"... the doctor is almost never involved
Ordering the drugs [at CYN Fertility Center] is CRAZY! They come from all different places (because they are trying to save you money) but you don't get a checklist of drugs to expect and where to call to get them. The first cycle I was scrambling as I was missing things...Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
This person is completely a monomaniac about diet. He neglected to send me for some very important tests which could have given insight into why I have recurrent pregnancy loss. I was not told about key supplements to improve egg quality until two years in. He throws a lot of off-label use drugs at harder to treat patients and I am not sure to what extent these help. I am a professor. I find him extremely condescending and talks as if I am a complete idiot being fooled by "the food industry". I feel he is not upfront about success rates and won't answer straightforward questions about average number of cycles for successful IVF at 40. He constantly uses anecdotal evidence to bolster hope "we had one woman with one egg who got pregnant!" - I don't let students make arguments based on "I once knew somebody who...." A doctor should know better!
Go somewhere else. Or know a lot about your situation and have a plan. Ask to see Dr Corley.
This is a very busy clinic. I am not among the chosen ones who had the doctor's home number. Nobody is "in charge" of your file. You see a rotating cast of nurses and the doctor is almost never involved. Over time, I felt my situation had changed. I started as a single person and then moved to having trouble conceiving with a partner. After multiple losses, nobody contacted me, or decided to change the plan. I always had to advocate and enquire. I didn't know much when I started as I was single and did not yet know I had fertility issues. This was a real set back. The doctor is also on a ridiculous Keto diet kick. It does not matter why you are there, he will tell you about it. This is EXTREMELY hurtful after a low egg retrieval or a miscarriage to be grilled on your diet. Also, I mentioned that I had been severely anorexic and a restrictive diet was not an option for me. He ignored this and continued to praise high-fat foods.
IUI #1 - BFN Some drugs leading up to IUI, can't recall Egg Collection #1: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 13 eggs- 2 made it to 5 day freeze iui#2: Chemical Egg collection #2: Menopur, Follistim (after when it went badly, he was like, oh you really should not have skipped the hcg!) 4 eggs, 2 day 3s transferred, none frozen. Transfer 1: 2 day 3 fresh= MC at 6 weeks (lovenox, LDN, PIO, endometrin) Egg Collection #3: Menopur, Follistim, HCG: 7 eggs, 4 embryos Transfer 2: two day 5s with full "immune protocol (IVIG, intralipids, hcg wash, plaquanil, neupogen) ... results TBD
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle G)
So the main issue here is nobody is a "care coordinator". I learned from friends who went here to find a nurse I like and ask for them. Also, after two years, you know everyone! My unofficial main nurse was amazing. Always knew my file, compassionate and willing to press the doctor when I needed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are the nursing and front desk staff. The free yoga is a nice touch, but the instructors are not consistent and really vary in skill. The weakness is no real coordination of care. I should say I have EXCELLENT insurance so money was not a factor. I know many people choose this clinic for its pricing.
Go on Tuesday or Thursday whenever you can! You get given a time, but it is actually just a line by arrival. Morning appointments could be over an hour late making it hard to get to work on time. If you can go in the afternoon, do that!
I had excellent insurance but spent about 5000$ on co-pay and prescriptions. A few of the off-label use drugs were very expensive. This is for three egg retrievals, two transfers and two IUIs.
We did two as I am close to 40 and ok with multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Ordering the drugs is CRAZY! They come from all different places (because they are trying to save you money) but you don't get a checklist of drugs to expect and where to call to get them. The first cycle I was scrambling as I was missing things.
Syracuse

My husband left a semen sample that was meant to be frozen for future embryos [at CNY Fertility Center]. The clinic mistook it as a semen analysis and discarded the sample after the analysis. We were not charged for the test...It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz wants his patients and clinic to succeed. He makes himself accessible to his patients at all times. When our first donor egg round didn’t yield results we were hoping for, he gave us another round for free. I’ve never heard of another clinic doing that. He does have controversial opinions on diet and immunities- which makes him try things more “out of the box” than other doctors. He will talk to you about diet and environment on a soap box- whether or not you believe in his opinion.
Remember this is a high volume clinic and procedures won’t necessarily be catered to you individually. You’ll start with a standard protocol and work mainly with nurses. Still, Dr. Kiltz is reputable, aggressive, and will try anything to help you get pregnant. He wants his patients to succeed
Dr. Kiltz makes himself accessible to his patients by giving his cell phone number and personal email. Because it’s a high volume clinic, he won’t know you or your details without looking at a chart, but he is willing to listen and refresh his memory about your situation with each encounter.
Dr. Kiltz believes that inflammation and diet cause transfers to fail - so he adds antibiotics, presidone, and prograf to the standard estogen and progesterone. On our second transfer he was more aggressive with the immunity protocol- adding nuepogen, lovenox, and intralipids all to reduce inflammation for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The only negative thing about our nurse coordinator was that she was hard to get in touch with. She communicates primarily through the online portal and is difficult to reach by phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, staff are friendly, and has a built in “spa” for accupuncture and massage - easily accessible for transfer day. Really a beautiful facility. It was easy to travel to, nearby hotels offer discounts for patients using the clinic, and overall has an impressive, calming atmosphere that doesn’t feel like an IVF clinic
CNY is specifically known for low cost care. The prices are less than half of what local clinics charge. It is worth the travel and the lack of personal attention to be able to try more treatment with Dr. Kiltz. They also have a good relationship with a pharmacy that gets good deals on medicine. Finally, when our first egg donation round didn’t work, Dr. Kiltz offered us more eggs and a transfer for free- which is unheard of!
Our first round we transferred 2 three-day embryos on account that they weren’t graded very highly. Our second transfer we were recommended to transfer one 3-day because it looked great. Neither worked so I’m glad we didn’t “waste” embryos by transferring 2 at a time. Dr. Kiltz was open to transferring 2 if I would have pushed but I went with his suggestion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My husband left a semen sample that was meant to be frozen for future embryos. The clinic mistook it as a semen analysis and discarded the sample after the analysis. We were not charged for the test.
Latham

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I wish I had more to offer in reference to experience with Dr. Kiltz .However, in the years that I have been seen at the clinic I have interacted with Dr.Kilts a total of two times and each time was no more than 5 mins total. That is within the 3 years that I have received care at the CNY Facility...Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols...Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
Do your research and ask plenty of questions [at CNY Fertility Center]. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle...The nursing staff at CNY was very knowledgable and helpful. I was always able to call the after hours line with ANY questions pertaining to my treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Do your research and ask plenty of questions. Be prepared to steer your own treatment as they rarely change the protocol. It is usually a "Your hcg was negative, call us when you are ready to start another cycle." Knowing your care options can greatly affect your treatment and the outcome of your cycle.
Dr. Kiltz does not take the time to explain protocols. When being seen at CNY Syracuse it is rare to see the same nurse. And even more rare to see Dr.Kiltz. You are passed from one nurse to the next and given a standard protocol that is basically a "one size fits all protocol". Treatment is not tailored for each patients specific needs unless the patient questions the protocol.
Started the below meds on cycle day 4- Prednisone 5mg 3x daily for inflammation Estrace 2mg 2x daily to build uterine lining Started the below meds in Cycle day 9 PIO 1mg by intramuscular injection 1x daily for uterine recieptivity Endometrin Vaginal suppository 2 x daily Uterine receptivity Baby asprin 81 mg 1 x inflammation Remained on all meds until negative beta test
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Friday is the busiest day at which time the clinic is always over booked. To make up for the over booked schedule patients are rushed. Prepare to be there for over an hour even if you are just there for blood draw. The clinic is very clean and organized.
1 Cycle IVF 4,900 IVF monitoring $825 Fet $231.46 Fet monitoring $725
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] is educated and has knowledge of infertility but I feel if its not an everyday cookie cutter case its basically hard. Their Egg donation program is great price but i don't know about the quality.... I was told to trigger on a follicle that was not big enough. I talked to the MD and had disagreements about it. I had a embryo dethawed when never asked and it made the thaw but not any further.... I felt like only cookie cutter cases can do ok here but the price keeps everyone's dream alive
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is educated and has knowledge of infertility but I feel if its not an everyday cookie cutter case its basically hard. Their Egg donation program is great price but i don't know about the quality.
Its a fantastic clinic for an everyday case.
4 vials 300 ml of menopur a day. Which i did respond to but i believe i ovulated prior to retrevial.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
There are to many different proticols that the nurses gave. Each time you called in you got a different response.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cny fertility has its pros and cons. There seemed to be some bad communication between each nurse. It felt like they were going off of the cookie cutter cases and not as an individual. I believe there are not enough nurses for the volume of patients they have.Being from out of town and doing the out of town monitoring is hard. When we were there in person it did feel better. Dr Kiltz is a knowledgeable MD but we also had our ups and downs. I do feel he does care but he is just to busy. I am unsure if I will go back but there is a clinic in MN that specializes in older gals.
I did my monitoring at an outside clinic
I ended up paying around 8000 this was for normal ivf with a 4 donor egg add on.
The clinic thawed out 2 embryos. I was never asked how many we wanted to transfer. Talking to the physician we transferred 1 and the other they tried to push to blast. It ended up dying.
Syracuse

[Dr. Kiltz] never cared to look at my history or find out WHY we weren't getting pregnant. He only cared about the appearance to grow on social media. His treatment was wayyyy more focused on KETO than anything else.... Each time I had a call with him - he never answered my questions or gave me a clear direction on our plan or our results. I I lost all trust in him when my husband and I went to his office to find out if we had any embryos after our ER.
The clinic [CNY] is wayyyyyyy too busy to provide quality care. It's super easy to fall through the cracks. Your care will be overlooked and a specific protocol tailored to you is non-existent. They only provide cookie cutter plans. And if it doesn't work - they suggest sperm donor or egg donation without knowing the reason WHY your cycle didn't work. The only good parts: the spa... The nursing staff was not bad. BUT you didn't meet with the same nurse EVER.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz acts like he cares in person - but in reality to him - your failed cycle doesn't really matter because you could just do another one in his eyes. AND he doesn't care about finding out WHY your IVF cycle fails and will only suggest using donor sperm with a second egg retrieval 'just in case'. From my own experience - he never cared to look at my history or find out WHY we weren't getting pregnant. He only cared about the appearance to grow on social media. His treatment was wayyyy more focused on KETO than anything else. Our consultation was not about our history, his plan for us, but all about KETO and how we are lions. I never had an experience like that until I met him and I am alllll about a holistic approach as well. Each time I had a call with him - he never answered my questions or gave me a clear direction on our plan or our results. I I lost all trust in him when my husband and I went to his office to find out if we had any embryos after our ER. I told him that I hadn't heard from the embryologist and I was wondering if we had any embryos to transfer. He went to check. When he came back - without looking at me - he said "it didn't make it" three times. As I cried I asked him why I didn't get a call. Dr. Kiltz got super close to me, put his hands on my knees, and said that the lab called him the day before and told him but he was in surgery and busy, and his wife was mad at him. HIS WIFE WAS MAD AT HIM?!!?!?! So that gives him a reason not to communicate with his patients?! He knew we lost our embryo but acted like he had no idea. When one of my meds was forgotten - he said it was because they didn't have it!!! Ummm...hello! I had it! I traveled with it on a plane. It made zero sense. His entire treatment plan for us made zero sense but I had no idea because I had never been through IVF and I trusted him! :(
RUN! Do not waste your money or your time. You a number. If you do not fit the cookie cutter mold then you will not get the care that you deserve. Look up lawsuits against him. Look up reviews on him. Do not trust FB groups that rave about him! When I found out my cycle failed he was going to immediately give me a second cycle on them (since they messed up). But I refused to accept it because I don't trust them. They have wayyyy more patients than they can manage. If you want to go to the McDonald's of fertility treatment - go to CNY. You get what you pay for. He will not look at your history. Do not be afraid to follow your gut if it tells you he is not right. Be your own advocate. Stay on top of your protocol! Hold them accountable if you do decide to go with them.
I totally felt like a number when being treated by Dr. Kiltz. He never remembered my history, what meds I was taking, or if we were even going to do Fresh or FET with our IVF cycle. I had to constantly remind him of all of these things - even during our cycle AND on the day of our egg retrieval!!!
Gonal F (300 IU) for 9 days Menopur was forgotten then added on day 4 (75 IU) for 6 days Cetrotide added on day 4 for 6 days Last shots on day 9 AM Trigger shot on day 9 PM
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace was great and totally cared. The nursing staff was not bad. BUT you didn't meet with the same nurse EVER. No one was ever on the same page. I met with Grace twice and after that I met with a diff nurse each time. I was seen almost every other day during my IVF cycle and I saw a lot of nurses. When I would ask questions as to why a med was forgotten or if something about my cycle was normal - they never gave me an answer.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is wayyyyyyy too busy to provide quality care. It's super easy to fall through the cracks. Your care will be overlooked and a specific protocol tailored to you is non-existent. They only provide cookie cutter plans. And if it doesn't work - they suggest sperm donor or egg donation without knowing the reason WHY your cycle didn't work. The only good parts: the spa
Anesthesia, blood work, monitoring, ER, diagnostic blood work
He said he would only transfer one because of the law and he could get in trouble to transferring too many multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
He (Dr. K) will never personalize your protocol, he won't even take 5 minutes with you to explain a single thing, and if he does take a moment it will be to tell you to pray or meditate about it - no research, no statistics, no scientific explanations. I waited for the embryologist to call me and it took 11 days before I finally emailed Dr. Kiltz my frustrations. He finally called me and had a 40 minute call that went nowhere. He brought up one of his lawsuits but never answered any of my questions. Still, no call or info from the embryologist then or now. After doing a lot of homework, talking with other patients, my OBGYN, and looking up CNY's embryologist job reqs - it seems like their lab is not up to par. My OBGYN just kept saying "it's the lab" when I told her our situation. Having a top lab and embryologist is CRUCIAL for success! A bad lab works on luck not skill. When voicing my frustration with his embryologist not getting in touch with me - he told me that it's because they are soooo busy they are drowning in their work. (maybe this is a result of their poor success rates?) From my experience - CNY is very unorganized, too busy, you get lost in the shuffle. They can get cookie cutter protocol people pregnant but have a 30-40% success rate (heard from Dr. K himself). They are tooooooo busy to focus on individualized patient care. If you don't work with their cookie cutter plan (like most people) - then they go straight to embryo adoption/sperm donation/egg donation. (No, just no.) Every person is diff and needs individualized care - this will not happen at CNY. Communication is AWFUL like I said. Sadly, you will not get answers. *I have heard that people that went to CNY one year ago LOVED it - now they are having experiences similar to mine (no success, poor care, falling through the cracks, no communication, etc).
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz was very informative and willing to change/ add on anything he thought might increase the chances of success. He always took his time while on phone calls and made me feel like he was 100% focused on me conceiving. ... I wasn’t called with results after having an abnormal thyroid result. When I called the clinic (after seeing it online) they weren’t even aware of it. Dr. kiltz recommenced synthyroid, but it wasn’t called in for 3 days after that conversation. Also, when outside monitoring, they always claimed to not receive the results even though I’d send them myself and as back up I’d upload them onto the portal.
I had a terrible experience with the nursing staff [at CNY]. No one was on the same page. I got different advice from everyone. There was one good one who I could email and she gave the most accurate info. But still, I didn’t even get a call after my midway labs when my thyroid level was high & I should’ve been put on medication for it. I will forever be stuck wondering if they would have caught it and called me in time, If that transfer would have worked...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to reach out via text to him when need be. He might take a while but will return your texts & answer your concerns. Don’t be afraid to ask him directly if the advice you’re getting from the nurses seem off.
While speaking with Dr. Kiltz directly, I felt like a human. But any other times that I had to reach out to the clinic, I was just a number. Didn’t even get a phone call when my labs weren’t normal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I had a terrible experience with the nursing staff. No one was on the same page. I got different advice from everyone. There was one good one who I could email and she gave the most accurate info. But still, I didn’t even get a call after my midway labs when my thyroid level was high & I should’ve been put on medication for it. I will forever be stuck wondering if they would have caught it and called me in time, If that transfer would have worked...
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is beautiful. Has an amazing spa that offers massages, acupuncture, and more. But the communication, or lack there of, is just horrible. The clinic is set up well and runs smoothly when you’re there for appointments. I never had to wait long and was always treated well.
$3,900 for the retrieval. A couple hundred for the transfer without the add ons.
The dr who did my retrieval recommended 1. But Dr. Kiltz was very understanding and told me he agreed with my request to transfer 2 because they weren’t great looking embryos and we weren’t sure if any more would make it to freeze.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] was very rushed, kind, but did not speak to me much about what to expect. Ultimately I feel it was this rushed'ness that left us with zero embryos frozen. We had 7 fertilize, and 7 were there at 5 five transfer. later on a call, he informed us that 5 embryos that weren't transferred didn't look good on day five, and were discarded. Had we been informed, we would have transferred only one embryo, and had our one good one for another chance.
This clinic [CNY Fertility] is a "health spa" with medical treatment, and their schedules are packed.... For such a emotionally fueled treatment center, they should spend more time one each patient individually, and not book themselves so full that they cannot take time for patients if they get behind...First few visits I did see Breanna [a nurse], and loved her. After that, I saw someone different every time. They all definitely seemed rushed.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Responsive to text messages. Obviously very busy, passionate about diet. I only saw him during transfer. He was in, and then right back out after wishing us well and shaking our hands. He seems very kind, but did not even give us time to answer/ask questions. He was running very behind the day we saw him.
If you need his time, take it. Study IVF , know what you need to ask. This clinic is a "health spa" with medical treatment, and their schedules are packed.
He was very rushed, kind, but did not speak to me much about what to expect. Ultimately I feel it was this rushed'ness that left us with zero embryos frozen. We had 7 fertilize, and 7 were there at 5 five transfer. later on a call, he informed us that 5 embryos that weren't transferred didn't look good on day five, and were discarded. Had we been informed, we would have transferred only one embryo, and had our one good one for another chance.
Gonal F and Menopur were used, cetrotide added- triggered with Lupron. First IVF, Tubal factor- so they assumed I'd respond well to traditional protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
First few visits I did see Breanna, and loved her. After that, I saw someone different every time. They all definitely seemed rushed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Doctors knew most of my embroys were going to be discarded, but did not tell me. I had 2 good blasts, transferred them both thinking I had 5 embryos remaining, in reality they were my only developing embryos.
Syracuse

The staff [at CNY Fertility Center] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened in my life) and nurses gave conflicting information on what this meant for starting my next cycle...The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz and his main feedback was that maybe we could've done the egg retrieval a day earlier. (At the time of trigger, I had actually asked the nurse if we were waiting too long because it was across a weekend and an extra day longer than my previous cycle but she said they had to make it Monday b/c they were not open for retrievals on Sundays.) Overall, I just felt like Dr. Kiltz and his staff had no plan that was actually based on me - everything seemed generic or “let’s try it and see”.
Be very proactive - do your own research ahead of time and ask a lot of questions. Get second opinions.
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse but they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
General protocol for my 2 cycles: Gonal-F (300), Menopur (150), Prednisone (5), Cetrotide (.25), Lupron trigger. Before starting my second cycle, Dr. Kiltz prescribed 3 things: keto diet, laparoscopy/hysterscopy and a 1 month priming period. When I asked if the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy were necessary or if I showed any signs for concern, he said no but it was just to rule out any risks. There were no significant issues found and in the end, I'm not sure it was necessary but I guess it ruled out other complications. The priming month included a growth hormone (Omnitrope, 6 units/day) which he said had shown great results and estrogen (2 mg/day). I ended up taking it for 6 weeks because it caused me to miss my period and when I called to ask about it, the nurses said to keep taking it and waiting... Finally, they decided to start the cycle but my results were much worse than the first - only 3 eggs retrieved even though the nurses had predicted ~10 during stimulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very brisk and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz. In retrospect, maybe we need to be driving the coordination and insisting on who we saw but we didn't know what we were missing until we started to call around and get second opinions.
The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles. I've heard that they offer low cost options but maybe that's only when you pay out of pocket. My problem is that I asked the billing dept if I was getting close to the limit and they said "No, not even close!" I only found out through my insurance that they had reached the limit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The staff often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened in my life) and nurses gave conflicting information on what this meant for starting my next cycle.
Syracuse

The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz.. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
The staff [at CNY] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle....The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse and they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very rushed and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The staff often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz....Strength: kind and compassionate. Low cost. Truly wants to help others. Provided cell phone number for calls or texts. Weaknesses. Would prescribe serious meds without appropriate diagnosis. Did not see him for appts. Only saw nurses. Unless it was an emergency or transfer. He is a very kind man and when I did see him, he was very supportive. But he just takes on too many patients and you feel like a number. As a result the level of care suffers.
Most of the nurses [at CNY] were very kind and compassionate...However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients...Strength: I had 2 nurses... were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally....After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Advocate for yourself, review all of your labs, do not take every medicine without research and an understanding.
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz. I would often see different nurses and they would not know my case well. If I was able to see the same nurse this was helpful. But due to the business of the clinic that was not always possible. I had to monitor my own blood work more times than I should have. My thyroid was never monitored appropriately. After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake. But this did not make up for what had been done.
There were so many Meds prescribed to me with the school of thought let’s see if it works. Not really considering my history.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Most of the nurses were very kind and compassionate. They had a lot to undertake as a result of all that constant changes that were made by the doctor. However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: I had 2 nurses I worked with who were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
What I mentioned in my review of dr kiltz says it.