4.4

Robert Kiltz works at

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

The staff [at CNY Fertility Center] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened in my life) and nurses gave conflicting information on what this meant for starting my next cycle...The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz and his main feedback was that maybe we could've done the egg retrieval a day earlier. (At the time of trigger, I had actually asked the nurse if we were waiting too long because it was across a weekend and an extra day longer than my previous cycle but she said they had to make it Monday b/c they were not open for retrievals on Sundays.) Overall, I just felt like Dr. Kiltz and his staff had no plan that was actually based on me - everything seemed generic or “let’s try it and see”.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be very proactive - do your own research ahead of time and ask a lot of questions. Get second opinions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse but they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
General protocol for my 2 cycles: Gonal-F (300), Menopur (150), Prednisone (5), Cetrotide (.25), Lupron trigger. Before starting my second cycle, Dr. Kiltz prescribed 3 things: keto diet, laparoscopy/hysterscopy and a 1 month priming period. When I asked if the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy were necessary or if I showed any signs for concern, he said no but it was just to rule out any risks. There were no significant issues found and in the end, I'm not sure it was necessary but I guess it ruled out other complications. The priming month included a growth hormone (Omnitrope, 6 units/day) which he said had shown great results and estrogen (2 mg/day). I ended up taking it for 6 weeks because it caused me to miss my period and when I called to ask about it, the nurses said to keep taking it and waiting... Finally, they decided to start the cycle but my results were much worse than the first - only 3 eggs retrieved even though the nurses had predicted ~10 during stimulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very brisk and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz. In retrospect, maybe we need to be driving the coordination and insisting on who we saw but we didn't know what we were missing until we started to call around and get second opinions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic MAXED OUT my insurance coverage of $35K in 2 cycles. I've heard that they offer low cost options but maybe that's only when you pay out of pocket. My problem is that I asked the billing dept if I was getting close to the limit and they said "No, not even close!" I only found out through my insurance that they had reached the limit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The staff often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened in my life) and nurses gave conflicting information on what this meant for starting my next cycle.
Syracuse

The first time I spoke with Dr. Kiltz was during my debrief call after my first failed cycle. I thought his tone was very aggressive and almost impatient. The feedback he gave was generic and I felt that he could’ve said most of these things before I had gone through the cycle (eg. start a keto diet, etc). After the second failed cycle, it took a month to get a debrief call scheduled with Dr. Kiltz.. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
The staff [at CNY] often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle....The best part of the clinic was the receptionists - they were very friendly and knew me by name. However, the rest of the clinic felt very impersonal every single time. Our main concern was not having a primary doctor who understood our case at all times and talked to us throughout the process. We saw different nurses every visit and barely ever talked to Dr. Kiltz.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My appointments always felt very rushed. Each time I went, I had a different nurse and they were always very brisk. The nurses who did the ultrasounds never explained what they were seeing unless I asked. I had to be aggressive in asking questions throughout the process because I quickly learned that they would not offer any details. This was hard for me as it was my first IVF experience and did not always know what to ask.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I saw a different nurse every time and they often brought in nurses-in-training. They were very rushed and routine. In general, when I asked questions, they were happy to answer or find another nurse to help if needed, but they did not elaborate beyond the minimum. Since the nurses were working "as a team" and not assigned to me specifically, I felt that they did not know my case or situation. For example, the clinic is 1.5 hours from my house and I travel a lot for work so it was very difficult to schedule these appointments. After one appointment, the nurse told me that I would need to wait a few more days before starting my cycle but by the end of the day, she made a change in plans and said I could start immediately. I was already out of state on a business trip based on her initial direction so that was another inconvenience to juggle. Overall, I felt like the nurses were nice but they acted on auto-pilot.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The staff often did not call with results. We usually checked their online patient site or called them to ask for results. In one cycle, the priming medications caused me to miss a period (which has never happened) and nurses gave conflicting information on what was happening and what it meant for my next cycle.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz....Strength: kind and compassionate. Low cost. Truly wants to help others. Provided cell phone number for calls or texts. Weaknesses. Would prescribe serious meds without appropriate diagnosis. Did not see him for appts. Only saw nurses. Unless it was an emergency or transfer. He is a very kind man and when I did see him, he was very supportive. But he just takes on too many patients and you feel like a number. As a result the level of care suffers.
Most of the nurses [at CNY] were very kind and compassionate...However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients...Strength: I had 2 nurses... were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally....After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Advocate for yourself, review all of your labs, do not take every medicine without research and an understanding.
Rarely saw Dr. Kilz. I would often see different nurses and they would not know my case well. If I was able to see the same nurse this was helpful. But due to the business of the clinic that was not always possible. I had to monitor my own blood work more times than I should have. My thyroid was never monitored appropriately. After a transfer my progesterone levels were low and I never received a call to increase my dosage. I found this out after bfp. I was given a free transfer due to the mistake. But this did not make up for what had been done.
There were so many Meds prescribed to me with the school of thought let’s see if it works. Not really considering my history.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Most of the nurses were very kind and compassionate. They had a lot to undertake as a result of all that constant changes that were made by the doctor. However at times I do not think they were properly trained on the meds that were prescribed for many patients
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: I had 2 nurses I worked with who were absolutely amazing. Especially my donor nurse Ally.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
What I mentioned in my review of dr kiltz says it.

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
During one particularly stressful time, when it was thought I might have an ectopic pregnancy and another doctor in the practice had been handling my treatment, he [Dr Kiltz] pulled rank, calling me at work and telling me I had to come to the clinic immediately for emergency surgery. Once I was there, he reviewed my chart and decided that it wasn't necessary. Obviously, a chart review before such an alarming phone call would have been appreciated.
I had multiple things go wrong at the clinic[CNY Fertility Center]. More often than not, I received conflicting instructions. When I would then question the instructions, I was treated as if I was personally attacking the person giving them to me. Many times, I had to check on test results several days after results were promised to me. Several times prescriptions were not called into my pharmacy or were called in incorrectly. I had appointments "lost" multiple times after being scheduled. I was often incorrectly billed for treatment (and several times, I was both personally charged for procedures and then the office submitted those same procedures for payment by my insurance company). All in all, my experience with the clinic was very frustrating. Unfortunately, it is the only clinic in my area, so I continued treatment longer than I should have.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I had terrible experiences with Dr. Kiltz, while those were rare. He was nearly impossible to contact, even during the middle of treatment cycles when there were issues. When I did see him, while he was never outwardly unfeeling, he was rarely helpful. In several instances, he would change plans midstream without ever explaining fully the treatment plan. Afterwards, I would find out that I wasn't even able to follow his suggested treatment plan because the time for his suggested treatment had passed. During one particularly stressful time, when it was thought I might have an ectopic pregnancy and another doctor in the practice had been handling my treatment, he pulled rank, calling me at work and telling me I had to come to the clinic immediately for emergency surgery. Once I was there, he reviewed my chart and decided that it wasn't necessary. Obviously, a chart review before such an alarming phone call would have been appreciated.
I would honestly say to find another provider. If you do decide to go to Dr. Kiltz, I would make sure that you know exactly what treatment plan you are going to follow and diligently check to make sure that happens.
Other than at the initial consultation, at retrieval and at transfer, you can expect to never see a doctor (and even then you can expect to get very little time with a doctor). You rarely even see the same nurse. While that isn't necessarily an issue, a provider rarely has reviewed your chart before seeing you and there is no consistency in treatment. I often had to correct nurses and doctors about changes to my treatment plan that had been discussed with other providers, and my chart rarely had the correct medications.
I went through several different protocols while under treatment. I will say that Dr. Kiltz often recommended more experimental treatments (including off-label drug use).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was mostly well meaning but did a terrible job coordinating.
As IVF was not something my insurance covered, Dr. Kiltz offered IVF packages. While these were reasonably priced (I believe we paid $8,000 for three IVF cycles), make sure that you read the fine print. Monitoring charges were in addition to the IVF package, and those monitoring charges did not include any monitoring after a retrieval (so all blood tests, ultrasounds and appointments after that time were charged individually).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had multiple things go wrong at the clinic. More often than not, I received conflicting instructions. When I would then question the instructions, I was treated as if I was personally attacking the person giving them to me. Many times, I had to check on test results several days after results were promised to me. Several times prescriptions were not called into my pharmacy or were called in incorrectly. I had appointments "lost" multiple times after being scheduled. I was often incorrectly billed for treatment (and several times, I was both personally charged for procedures and then the office submitted those same procedures for payment by my insurance company). All in all, my experience with the clinic was very frustrating. Unfortunately, it is the only clinic in my area, so I continued treatment longer than I should have.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I don’t feel that Dr Kiltz was especially candid about the chances with the clinic’s frozen donor eggs. I had very little contact with him - this is a very busy clinic. I feel their approach is fairly cookie-cutter without much taking individual needs into account.... Frozen donor egg -thawed- then fresh embryo transfer used a lupron & estrogen pill protocol. Worked fine to build lining. Embryos transferred on day 3 as they said this worked better for frozen donor eggs
Nursing staff [at CNY] is huge and hard to pin down who you are talking to. Communication can be hit or miss based on who is responding that day. The staff is mostly very nice in person but can be short on the phone.... There is very little follow up with a negative beta. It’s really up to the patient to educate themselves about treatments that are offered. They seem to throw meds at everyone without considering whether they are truly necessary.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Get your primary nurse’s direct email and phone #
I saw Dr Kiltz exactly once at my transfer. He was very nice but not especially personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
Nursing staff is huge and hard to pin down who you are talking to. Communication can be hit or miss based on who is responding that day. The staff is mostly very nice in person but can be short on the phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The major pros of this clinic : low cost and willingness to try immune protocols. The cons are big though - very impersonal service, stats reflect that you’ll need a lot of attempts to have success here.
Frozen donor egg cycle was $6500 for 7 eggs including 1 transfer, not including monitoring. Costs have gone up since I was a patient there
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Up to 3 embryos transferred would have been fine.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] is very short and to the point. Didn't really explain what was going on. That was the nurse's job. Seemed like he was in a hurry and didn't say much at all. I would have liked if he would have gone over what was going on or how my embryos looked....I was proscribed Prednisone, LDN, baby aspirin, Gonal F, Menopur, cetrotide for egg retrieval. Cleocin, Endometrin, progesterone in oil, estrogen and prograf for transfer....He really doesn't like to do multiple embryo transfers at all. Most have to really try to convince him.
They are extremely busy and you may be treated like a number. But they do know what they are doing and have lots of positive outcomes. The nursing staff is extremely helpful and you can rely on them answering any questions you may have....Since they have so many patients they may make a few mistakes...Seriously one of the best things about CNY is their nursing staff. They are prompt and very kind and understanding and willing to talk and listen to you.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very short and to the point. Didn't really explain what was going on. That was the nurse's job. Seemed like he was in a hurry and didn't say much at all. I would have liked if he would have gone over what was going on or how my embryos looked.
He is not a very personal doctor. He gets in and does his thing as fast as possible.
Didn't feel really personal. They confused me with another patient.
It's really low cost. Only $3,900 without any monitoring
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Since they have so many patients they may make a few mistakes
Syracuse
I only met Dr. Kiltz briefly prior to going under anesthesia for my egg retrieval so it is difficult to rate my experience with him. The process is mainly driven by the nurses and PAs/NPs who are great...I would not recommend this practice if you expect a lot of one on one attention...For egg retrieval we used menopur, gonal f, and cetrotide, with a lupron trigger since I have a history of OHSS...seem to be very up to date on anything that may improve your odds and so far we have had favorable results.
They [CNY Fertility Center] are very efficient at what they do but it is not very personal given the volume of patients treated. The nurses and mid level providers are excellent but I have only seen a doctor twice- once for my initial consultation and once just prior to egg retrieval...The process is mainly driven by the nurses and PAs/NPs who are great...The cost of our cycle for embryo preservation was $3900 + $800 for the cycle bloodwork/ultrasounds. Medications were just over $3000 for the cycle. We also had some baseline bloodwork and semen analysis which were required after our consultation and the total for that was about $300-400. There were some recommended labs/testing that we declined.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I would not recommend this practice if you expect a lot of one on one attention. However they do seem to be very up to date on anything that may improve your odds and so far we have had favorable results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are very efficient at what they do but it is not very personal given the volume of patients treated. The nurses and mid level providers are excellent but I have only seen a doctor twice- once for my initial consultation and once just prior to egg retrieval.
2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Robert Kiltz] Very compassionate and caring, but ultimately just a number in huge pool of other women s seeking the same goal. The price you pay is great, but the lack of communication is cringe worthy. I’m still not complete with the process and dread what’s to come on future communication...Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Very clean facility [CNY Fertility Center] and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient...The clinic was horrible at returning calls and messages. Had to be a huge advocate to get things done...[nursing staff] Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate! If something doesn’t seem right, speak up!
It’s very generic. Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very clean facility and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient.
They limit multiple embryo transfers unless you have a history of failed attempts.
2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kiltz is kind and has a great way of explaining things to patients. He is patient and answers questions thoroughly. I have always did that I wish I could see him more and know that what we are doing is correct. There is no consistency with the nurses.... Strengths: The front desk receptionists are so kind and welcoming. The clinic is clean and inviting. Weaknesses: The over book and the wait can be very long.
Dr. Kiltz is kind and has a great way of explaining things to patients. He is patient and answers questions thoroughly. I have always did that I wish I could see him more and know that what we are doing is correct. There is no consistency with the nurses [at CNY Fertility Center].... Strengths: The front desk receptionists are so kind and welcoming. The clinic is clean and inviting. Weaknesses: The over book and the wait can be very long.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Advocate for yourself, ask a ton of questions and find a nurse and request them every time.
The office is always very busy. You see a different nurse every time and only see Dr. Kiltz during retrieval or transfer. Or quickly in the hallway.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was consistent and knows her patients. She encourages questions to be asked and always responds on the portal.

2015, Unsuccessful
Find some where else unless you want to be treated less than human...His [Dr. Klitz] nurses were very rude, he never returned phone calls...They [CNY Fertility staff] didn't call with blood work results and how they didn't respond to emails for days.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
my husband had low sperm before our last iui due to heart medicine he was put on before it and we were never told we could cancel the iui. i didn't like the way i felt after talking to the nurses. i was never told to see him as an urgent request in office i would have to pay money. he's not what everyone makes him out to be
find some where else unless you want to be treated less than human
his nurses were very rude, he never returned phone calls and it seemed like all he was worried about is getting the money and not how bad you truely want a baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
the rudeness, how they didn't call with blood work results and how they didn't respond to emails for days
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
when you are on progesterone you want your blood results right away not when they feel like giving them to you. a little consideration goes a long way

2015, Unsuccessful
We feel that he [Dr. Kiltz] follows [the] same protocol for every patient. He was not able to answer regarding my chemical pregnancy. And told about change in diet and meditation. Spend more time with doctor discussing your diet and weight loss/blood work to check any deficiencies you have to fully prepare yourself before cycle starts.
They [the staff at CNY] were quite good with all the questions me and my husband had. But we were not happy with less eggs retrieval.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We feel that he follows same protocol for every patient. He was not able to answer regarding my chemical pregnancy. And told about change in diet and meditation.
Ask for more egg retrievals, if possible. Get the pre-authorization of your insurance well in advance as it takes 2-3 weeks. Spend more time with doctor discussing your diet and weight loss/blood work to check any deficiencies you have to fully prepare yourself before cycle starts.
They were quite good with all the questions me and my husband had. But we were not happy with less eggs retrieval. We were expecting more then 4-5. If he had retrieved more than 2, we would have been able to freeze those and use for 2nd cycle which is of less cost. But in this case we have to trust them with what they say Its all business, we think.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were polite and curious to answer any questions i had.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate when it’s fails. He tends to try or be supportive . Otherall he isn’t a bad doctor.... He would rant about diets and refuse to allow you to speak your mind... Cost [of CNY] is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful.
Cost [of CNY] is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful. Over all the clinic is worth all the pro and cons....They [Nursing Staff] are ok but could be far more compassionate....He [Dr. Kiltz] cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate when it’s fails. He tends to try or be supportive . Otherall he isn’t a bad doctor.
Advocate for yourself. No one else will
He would rant about diets and refuse to allow you to speak your mind
None
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are ok but could be far more compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful. Over all the clinic is worth all the pro and cons.
In progress
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
It all has to do with their lack of communication.
Syracuse

I have never spoken with him [Dr. Robert Kiltz]. All my procedures have been performed by nurses. I went to that clinic specifically because of his successes and feel like it would have been nice to be acknowledged by the actual doctor... If you are looking for hands on Dr's this may not be the place for you. Nurses were great.... There are a lot of people coming and going. It's hard to feel like you receive an adequate amount of time with each provider.
I have never spoken with him [Dr. Robert Kiltz at CNY]. All my procedures have been performed by nurses. I went to that clinic specifically because of his successes and feel like it would have been nice to be acknowledged by the actual doctor... If you are looking for hands on Dr's this may not be the place for you. Nurses were great.... There are a lot of people coming and going. It's hard to feel like you receive an adequate amount of time with each provider.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have never spoken with him. All my procedures have been performed by nurses. I went to that clinic specifically because of his successes and feel like it would have been nice to be acknowledged by the actual doctor.
Nurses are great. I've only actually seen Dr Kiltz once and that was in the waiting room before an appointment. We have never actually spoken.
Syracuse

His [Dr. Robert Klitz] prices are very low, but you end up trying more often...When I went in for transfer, the Dr was shocked I had ohss due to my age. I don't think they.read your chart. I was prescribed a medication...t is deadly for a few people with sickle cell trait. What if I didn't research it?...Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby
I'm not totally happy with CNY anymore. I ended up with ohss...The staff are nice...Do research..know everything about infertility before you proceed...Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby...Now they put me in CNY jail. No transfers till I give more money. I bought donor sperm. I asked them to scrape the vial. I had called to ask if I had sperm left 2 times and we told no. Well 6 months later I get a storage bill for half vial.of sperm!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
His prices are very low, but you end up trying more often. I think only growing frozen donor eggs to cleavage stage makes for a lot of failures, hence me buying 28 eggs. Other clinics give you a guarntee if 1 blast with frozen egg purchase. If your donor eggs cleavage stage don't work, they have you buy more eggs. Also twice mistakes were made. I'm not totally happy with CNY anymore. I ended up with ohss. My AMH is almost 4 despite being 41 years old. I was given 300 gonal f and ended up with ohss. I called the clinic a few times complaining about how I felt. I was told it was normal. When I went in for transfer, the Dr was shocked I had ohss due to my age. I don't think they.read your chart. I was prescribed a medication, I forgot the name. But it is deadly for a few people with sickle cell trait. What if I didn't research it? Furthermore many times I was told my symptoms were because of that drug.... BUT I DIDNT TAKE IT! One day I called Dr Kiltz and told him I was disappointed in how they work. How frozen eggs are only grown to cleavage. How despite my monitoring lab sent report about possibly being overstimulated, my regime wasn't adjusted. I was in pain for days, my belly felt like I had 2 grapefruits dangling in my abdomen. Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby. And that people die from cancer and that life was just fucked up. I also think CNY, allowing you to forgo basic testing messes up treatment. I was never tested for routine blood work. Turned out my iron , vit d was low and needed meds. I found out my tubes were open. I thought they were closed. Also if you have a few failures, he prescribes meds without checking you. I was prescribed lovenox without seeing if I had a clotting problem. Like I said people are eager for a baby, if you give them the choice to not test, like I chose. I would have saved 30k. In the end my tubes are open and y husband's sperm is actually bad. No one ever told me his sperm was low.
Do research..know everything about infertility before you proceed
The staff are nice
300 gonal at 41 with any of 3.9 15 eggs and ohss. They all stopped growing 350 gonal 21 eggs 19 embryos frozen day 3
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes in the beginning but then a bunch of people. I preferred the one nurse)
It used to be one nurse. Now it's nursing team..whoever gets your call or has time to look at lab report
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Low price, bad donor eggs, lab quality questionable. Out for money. They sell cbd, vape, vitamins, massages, fake acupuncture; 5 needles of acupuncture is not for fertility, 1 on forehead, 1 or 2 on each leg and 1 or 2 on belly it's a sham.
Cheap in the beginning but adds up do to many failures
None, I know my age they can put more embryos
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not enough time to write it all. Now they put me in CNY jail. No transfers till I give more money. I bought donor sperm. I asked them to scrape the vial. I had called to ask if I had sperm left 2 times and we told no. Well 6 months later I get a storage bill for half vial.of sperm!
Syracuse
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] gave me a higher dose of medicine the 2nd time but did not explain why I need the higher dose or why...was very nice but I always felt rushed with him. The waiting room was always packed and he was always trying to move on to the next patient... During our first transfer I was anxious and scared. I didnt know what to expect. He told me he was transferring our one embryo and did it. Very visual and informative about where the embryo was being placed. After he implanted the embryo he said good luck and walked out of the room. I didnt not know what to expect next. It was very scary and nerve racking.
The waiting room [at CNY Fertility] was always packed and he [Dr. Robert Kiltz] was always trying to move on to the next patient...[the nursing staff was] Very nice!! No complaints at all...Dr Klitz was very nice but I always felt rushed with him...During our first transfer I was anxious and scared. I didnt know what to expect. He told me he was transferring our one embryo and did it. Very visual and informative about where the embryo was being placed. After he implanted the embryo he said good luck and walked out of the room. I didnt not know what to expect next. It was very scary and nerve racking.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I thought he was very nice but always felt rushed. During our first transfer I was anxious and scared. I didnt know what to expect. He told me he was transferring our one embryo and did it. Very visual and informative about where the embryo was being placed. After he implanted the embryo he said good luck and walked out of the room. I didnt not know what to expect next. It was very scary and nerve racking.
Do your research and ask questions
Dr Klitz was very nice but I always felt rushed with him. The waiting room was always packed and he was always trying to move on to the next patient.
He gave me a higher dose of medicine the 2nd time but did not explain why I need the higher dose or why.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Very nice!! No complaints at all
He did not have a preference for us implanting one or two embryos
Robert Kiltz

I was prescribed the normal fertility drugs, but it was brought to my attention that one of the triggers that I use caused cysts, which I am prone to. I was surprised because the clinic [CNY Fertility Center] knows I have PCOS and a history of ovarian cysts and have even had a laparoscopy. ... I’ve only met Dr. Kiltz once, when he did my egg retrieval. I have talked to him via text message when he gave me some suggestions for my unexplained infertility. He was quick to respond and gave me great information.
In the Rochester office [CNY Fertility Center] they make me feel like they care about me and my specific situation, but one thing that’s frustrating is the fact that I can get three to four different opinions on care because there is no doctor onsite. ... I have also had to call and message multiple times about prescriptions being refilled to my pharmacy. ... I have had at least three different opinions or methods of treatment given to me. It makes me nervous knowing they [nurses] aren’t all on the same page. ...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure to be specific when asking questions and choose the location of your care very carefully. If I could choose I would go to a different location.
In the Rochester office they make me feel like they care about me and my specific situation, but one thing that’s frustrating is the fact that I can get three to four different opinions on care because there is no doctor onsite.
I was prescribed the normal fertility drugs, but it was brought to my attention that one of the triggers that I use caused cysts, which I am prone to. I was surprised because the clinic knows I have PCOS and a history of ovarian cysts and have even had a laparoscopy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at Rochester is very compassionate and professional, but they all have different opinions about medications and care. I have had at least three different opinions or methods of treatment given to me. It makes me nervous knowing they aren’t all on the same page.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is wonderful but they all have different things to say about my fertility care. I’m also upset with the fact there isn’t a doctor onsite full-time. I understand this is a smaller office but the patients are just as important as the other offices, so we deserve a doctor as well.
Copays and whatever my insurance didn’t cover.
We transferred one, and this was after talking to Dr. Arroyo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had surgery last March and had adhesions in my abdomen and I wasn’t told until October. I have also had to call and message multiple times about prescriptions being refilled to my pharmacy.
Rochester

We didn't interact much with Dr. Kiltz, but we felt that everyone was extremely helpful and made us feel comfortable and confident in the process...didn't ask to speak with him since I felt so confident with the nurses and the staff...never felt like I really needed the doctor to explain anymore than what the nurses are telling me...It was a very standard IVF protocol...
The nurses and staff at CNY Albany are amazing and have been there to answer all of our questions along the way. We didn't interact much with Dr. Kiltz, but we felt that everyone was extremely helpful and made us feel comfortable and confident in the process. We are very grateful for the nurses and staff...they run the clinic like a well oiled machine...told it would be beneficial to have a frozen transfer.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We didn 't have any interactions with Dr. Kiltz so I can't say honestly anything about him personally. We spoke with Dr. Grossman initially on the phone, and he was wonderful and answered all our questions with some levity.
We are having success, so he knows what he's doing and the nurses and staff are wonderful.
It was a very standard IVF protocol and we began with stimulation. I was on a low dose since I have lean PCOS and had a lot of follicles. The retrieval went well and they retrieved 25 eggs. We did the testing since they said I should since I'm "older" which helped us see we had a boy and a girl, 2 unknowns, and 1 mosiac. It was very expensive but it allowed us to use the strong male embryo first. We were also told it would be beneficial to have a frozen transfer. So I went on a couple weeks birth control so we could time the transfer with my next cycle. I'm glad we did, but it was uncomfortable "holding off" the period but it was worth it since we were able to do the transfer just 10 days after the results came back from the genetics lab. Now I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and everything is looking great. I am on the current progesterone and estrodial (3x/day) and the injections are painful so I also use patches the nurse recommended and it's been very helpful since I still have 4 more weeks! As far as I know, I'm on a very standard medication protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses have been incredible! I've had amazing conversations with all of them and they have been extremely positive in our journey and every time we see them. Even the nurses on the phone have been extraordinary and will answer any questions and stay on the phone with you as long as you need. It's been so helpful and a blessing speaking with them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are that they run the clinic like a well oiled machine and still take time to answer all of your questions. I didn't have interactions with the main doctor, but I also didn't ask to speak with him since I felt so confident with the nurses and the staff. I knew they knew what they are doing and never felt like I really needed the doctor to explain anymore than what the nurses are telling me.
Around 5k for IVF, 3k medications, 3k genetic testing, 1,400 frozen transfer, another 1k for additional medications (first trimester pregnancy) additonal 1k since we can't pay upfront. So far it's been 14, 400
They highly recommended single embyro transfer and we also wanted that from the beginning. We want to go one at a time and have the best opportunity for each embyro. I'm very happy we did just one :)
Latham

You do not have one on one care from Dr. Kiltz as a travel patient. He is across the country and most of the time you have to explain your entire history in every single dealing with him.... Slightly obsessed with his Keto diet concept. I appreciated that he was willing to discuss new protocols for me based on my recommendations and research. I did feel though that he was not informed about my specific case and that I needed to keep reminding him of who I was
They [CNY] were very quick with their answers, short tempered and the majority showed poor communication skills. As a nurse, I was not at all happy with the nursing care/communication. I constantly had to advocate for myself in order to receive proper instructions and advice.... you have to basically coordinate your entire care otherwise you will slip through the cracks as just another “number”. The actual building at CNY Syracuse was nice itself and the staff was friendly enough in person...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a kind man, but he seems rushed almost all of the time. He hugged me and I appreciated his manner. Slightly obsessed with his Keto diet concept. I appreciated that he was willing to discuss new protocols for me based on my recommendations and research. I did feel though that he was not informed about my specific case and that I needed to keep reminding him of who I was (my history/situation).
Although very kind, he is an extremely busy man. Keep advocating for yourself no matter what. Keep a pen/paper handy when he calls you on the phone because he talks very fast. You can’t beat his prices, but you definitely have to put some work in to be correctly treated.
I did a retrieval with fresh transfer. Meds used were cetrotide, pregnyl trigger, low dose HCG, gonal F, prednisone, zpack, neupogen, intralipids, lovenox, baby aspirin, prenatal, LDN, Benadryl, PIO, estrodial, endometrin, cleocin, prograf, tacrolimus. Got pregnant with twins and miscarried them at 18w5d
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were very quick with their answers, short tempered and the majority showed poor communication skills. As a nurse, I was not at all happy with the nursing care/communication. I constantly had to advocate for myself in order to receive proper instructions and advice.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They have the best pricing in the country, but there is a reason- you have to basically coordinate your entire care otherwise you will slip through the cracks as just another “number”. The actual building at CNY Syracuse was nice itself and the staff was friendly enough in person. My main conflicts was everything done long distance. It would likely be much better if you were a local patient.
As a travel patient, I paid $4050 for fresh cycle IVF.
He believed my two embryos were great quality and suggested that I transfer only one. I explained my reasons for two and he finally agreed to transfer two. I did get pregnant with twins
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was a long distance patient so I had to constantly call/email the travel team about missing information. I had to network with various people on the CNY Facebook page in order to find out what to do next because I was never given sufficient instructions. When I was in the actual clinic, they ran so far behind for transfer that I missed my massage appointment so I never even got one.
Syracuse

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I had several follow up calls and email with Dr.Kiltz however I was offered a lot of maybes but never given clear direction on what was next. ... Dr.Kiltz is open to older patients or those with reoccurring loss to transfer more than one embryo, but is very careful with younger patients or those doing their first cycle to not risk transferring more than one embryo.
The protocol the doctor gave was not followed by the nurses. They skipped medications, often did not call with results or next day instructions and could not find paperwork I would fax over. ... It [CNY Fertility] combines Eastern and Western medicine including a spa and acupuncture/massage. It allows for privacy but can also feel like you are being hurdled around as it is very busy. The clinic itself was very comfortable especially with private waiting rooms for those awaiting a surgical procedure. ...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I actually saw Dr. Corley and he was quite rough around the edges but in a rushed way. It was as if my questions were not relevant or he didn’t have time to answer them. When I had a follow up call with him he did made several comments that did not fit my file. It was if he was speaking of someone else or the notes were too incomplete or incorrect to interpret. I had several follow up calls and email with Dr.Kiltz however I was offered a lot of maybes but never given clear direction on what was next.
You must be your own advocate at all times. You will he given 25% of the information needed to do IVF with CNY, you must be ready and willing to research and prepare for the other 75%.
Each time i spoke with a nurse or a doctor, they were not familiar with my file. Medications were missed. When during my retrieval pre cancerous cells were found, I was simply sent a letter in the mail and a doctor did not call me to discuss the results or what the next steps were. I’m not certain they would’ve ever called to see if I was coming back for a transfer.
Cycle 1: TI with letrozole 2.5mg (no pregnant, 3 follicles) Cycle 2: IUI letrozole 5mg and Ovidrel trigger (4 follicles no pregnant) Cycle 3: IVF omnitrope/low dose naltrexone/gonal 300/menopur 175/cetrotide (6 follicles, 5 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Almost every nurse I spoke with was VERY nice however they have so many patients they are just not sure what is going on with your case. I was given misinformation on several occasions and also missed medications that I believe influenced my retrieval negatively.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful and clean. It combines Eastern and Western medicine including a spa and acupuncture/massage. It allows for privacy but can also feel like you are being hurdled around as it is very busy. The clinic itself was very comfortable especially with private waiting rooms for those awaiting a surgical procedure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I monitored out of state but they were very timely with providing my U/S order sheets.
$3900 per cycle including retrieval, fresh transfer and icsi. Frozen transfer is $250 per transfer thereafter.
Syracuse

I only met with Dr. Kiltz once very briefly. Again, while I was physically at the clinic I felt very good about the experience. ... We were going to do a drug heavy IUI but I haven’t gone through a single cycle with Dr. Kiltz because of a miscommunication on insurance and people within his company [CNY Fertility], as well as the pharmacy not returning my calls.
There was an issue with someone at his office [CNY Fertility] telling me something was covered under insurance when it wasn’t. I had gotten my hopes up to try something new and couldn’t do it. ... When attending appointments at first and anytime I was physically at the office I felt like a human. When I needed to call or when there was a HUGE miscommunication I felt like a number.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I only met with Dr. Kiltz once very briefly. Again, while I was physically at the clinic I felt very good about the experience. There was an issue with someone at his office telling me something was covered under insurance when it wasn’t. I had gotten my hopes up to try something new and couldn’t do it. Once that happened and I was trying to figure out the next plan of action, between the millions of phone calls to different people, and no one really being apologetic about the situation or willing to go that extra mile, I felt very discouraged.
Make sure you’re paying attention. It’s A LOT of information.
We were going to do a drug heavy IUI but I haven’t gone through a single cycle with Dr. Kiltz because of a miscommunication on insurance and people within his company, as well as the pharmacy not returning my calls.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There are so many people that need to be involved from financial, to nursing, to doctors. It would have been nice to have a meeting with one from each area of expertise. It would have helped not get discombobulated about everything.
Up to 10,000 for IVF and 4-6000 with IUI
I have no comments on this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After triple checking that my insurance covered IUI procedures after deductibles we were going to start an IUI cycle. However, after an issue with the pharmacy I called the insurance company myself and discovered that it is not covered under my policy. While trying to figure out what was going on and what our next steps could possibly be, I felt like I was getting the run around from many different people. It was very hard to figure it out with having to go back and forth with the financial team and the nurses what our next steps could be. I was then given a list of meds I could try to do a less medication heavy cycle and left a message with both the pharmacy team at the clinic and the pharmacy they recommended and neither has called me back. It’s been a few weeks and I am very discouraged on what I’d like to do. It truly all comes down to money. So being told something was covered a number of times and then it not being was not a good experience
Syracuse

Strengths [Dr. Kiltz]: positive attitude. Weaknesses: lies, talks in circles, doesn't give straight answers, doesn't see patients, can be rude, doesn't respect wishes of patients, will tell you to research and then admonish you when you ask questions, bad/no communication, ... My protocol was never evaluated or adjusted. ... there was no evaluation of why my transfers were failing;
NPs didn't read case information before appointments. Would wait for 30-45 minutes after scheduled procedure times. ... [Nurses] Uneducated. Can't read ultrasounds. Inconsistent. Didn't know amount of medication to prescribe. ... i was told the same exact lines as other women who were being treated; I never saw an actual doctor unless transferring. ... Billed insurance incorrectly; still working to sort that out.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Strengths: positive attitude. Weaknesses: lies, talks in circles, doesn't give straight answers, doesn't see patients, can be rude, doesn't respect wishes of patients, will tell you to research and then admonish you when you ask questions, bad/no communication, NPs uneducated and inconsistent
There are better places to go.
My medication list never changed; there was no evaluation of why my transfers were failing; NPs would routinely not know my case history while treating me; i was told the same exact lines as other women who were being treated; I never saw an actual doctor unless transferring.
I was on a generic protocol: prednisone, prograf, baby aspirin, vitamin D, prenatal, estradiol and progesterone in oil as well as endometrin for 2/3 transfers. Transfer 3 I tried to do naturally. They still made me trigger ovulation with hCG when largest follicle was 15.88cm (too soon) and did transfer with progesterone at 3, then prescribed progesterone, then estrogen dropped and we started estradiol.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! You'll feel like you're going to a spa! There are different treatments available and a giant hot tub shaped like a uterus in the Syracuse location. Rochester isn't as wonderful but is still really great. Facilities at 10/10
Since I was transferring only, was charged between 1,500 and 2,000 per transfer. Billed insurance incorrectly; still working to sort that out.
At consult, was told to transfer one. At transfer, was told 1-3. Encouraged to transfer 2 at a time. When I wanted to transfer 1, was discouraged to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My protocol was never evaluated or adjusted. NPs didn't read case information before appointments. Would wait for 30-45 minutes after scheduled procedure times. Once had a nurse take my blood while I was crying, trying to tell me I might be pregnant even when I asked her to stop. One nurse wouldn't listen when I told her where my best vein is to take blood (I'm an extremely difficult draw) and blew three veins trying. I would be given completely conflicting information by different NPs. Once was scheduled for transfer on CD 10 (refused).

2018, Consult
Dr. Kiltz started out by asking if money was a concern. I automatically answered yes (it's the only reason I'd do long distance IVF- obviously CNY is so much cheaper than any clinic around), but then he used my answer to inform my protocol...he talked a lot about "god" and the ketogenic diet. At some points, I felt somewhat emotionally manipulated and confused as to why we would be talking about my belief in god, etc. It's a very vulnerable position to be in, and I did not appreciate the direction of the conversation at all times.
You cannot beat the cost. It truly is a gift that CNY is offering to women everywhere who cannot afford the "traditional" cost of IVF. There's a LONG wait list to get in, and now that they've been written up in the WSJ, I'm sure it's just getting longer. I admire Dr. Kiltz's passion and commitment to his work...So far, the communication with my nurse has been great. She is very warm and personable.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is obviously very passionate and that was both a help and a handicap. During our consultation, he talked a lot about "god" and the ketogenic diet. At some points, I felt somewhat emotionally manipulated and confused as to why we would be talking about my belief in god, etc. It's a very vulnerable position to be in, and I did not appreciate the direction of the conversation at all times.
Be prepared for him to ask you about god and your diet.
Dr. Kiltz was running late for our consultation, and he had someone call me and let me know he was running late. During our consultation, he asked me a wide range of questions, not limited to fertility.
When we got around to talking nuts and bolts about my IVF cycle, Dr. Kiltz started out by asking if money was a concern. I automatically answered yes (it's the only reason I'd do long distance IVF- obviously CNY is so much cheaper than any clinic around), but then he used my answer to inform my protocol. I thought more about it and wished I had known exactly what he was asking - I emailed another doctor at the clinic to clarify that while cost is a concern, I definitely want to have a protocol that will be effective, even if it requires more expensive medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
haven't started the round yet, but expecting about $11k
Syracuse

I never see Dr. Kiltz. I had a phone call with him once, but I still didn't feel like it was very personalized. I appreciated the call to help figure out next steps, but I felt very overwhelmed and confused after the phone call...I felt like I had to be an advocate for my care vs. my doctor really watching out for me and making decisions in my best interest...I was monitored and at a certain point they put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation. However at about day 9 or 10 I went in for an ultrasound and they thought that I may have ovulated through the medication.
Be prepared to never meet him [Dr. Robert Kiltz] and for long waits in the lobby [at CNY Fertility Center]...I think everyone on the staff is very nice and professional. I just feel like there are too many patients for them to be able to give any level of personal care. Often times I just feel like I am I am uterus factory. again--I don't think this is the fault of the nursing staff-- I just think they either need more staff of fewer patients.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is hard for me to answer this because I have never met him in person. The nurses I have met were nice enough, but I feel like they are overwhelmed with patients. I felt like I had to be an advocate for my care vs. my doctor really watching out for me and making decisions in my best interest.
Be prepared to never meet him and for long waits in the lobby.
Usually I feel like a number because the waiting room is always packed with people and I never see Dr. Kiltz. I had a phone call with him once, but I still didn't feel like it was very personalized. I appreciated the call to help figure out next steps, but I felt very overwhelmed and confused after the phone call.
I started an IVF cycle with Menopur and Gonal. I was also on naltrexone and Prednisone. I was monitored and at a certain point they put me on cetrotide to prevent ovulation. However at about day 9 or 10 I went in for an ultrasound and they thought that I may have ovulated through the medication. When they got my blood work back my progesterone level was too high to continue with the cycle. They also said my follicles just did not develop properly. So this cycle I am doing a priming cycle with HGH shots every day. Hopefully this will help me respond better to the medication. I did 4 rounds of IUI on letrozole and Gonal and never got more than one or maybe 2 mature follicles. All 4 IUI'S failed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and professional. They have early morning hours which is super helpful with my work schedule. My biggest complaint is that they are often running severely behind schedule. This means that the nurses are just hurrying people through to try to get back on schedule. I have been on the verge of tears on the office and have felt like they didn't even care--they just needed to get to the next person.
40.00 Co pay for every visit. IUI meds and procedures covered by my insurance, but I still had some big co-pays for some of the injections. For IVF nothing is covered by my insurance except the monitoring. The cost for the IVF is 3900. The other medication I had to buy (that I didn't have left over from my IUI cycles) was probably about 500.00.
We didn't get this fat yet.
Syracuse
When you see Dr. Kiltz he is very informative and nice. ... After our tests, we learned it was male infertility. Then my husband had to take medicine for 3 months before we could do any procedure. ... He [Dr. Kiltz] is a big supporter of the Keto diet. I wish he would make a brochure or sheet explaining what you can and cannot eat on the diet. ... We haven’t had to change our plan of actions yet so I can’t say how well he does that. ...
The clinic [CNY - Syracuse] is busy. They have a good reputation of success. The actual clinic is very relaxing and a calm environment. They provide tea, coffee and water for people to enjoy. The reception staff is very helpful and friendly. ... Every time I had a different nurse. There were also times where the staff seemed to miss some vital information (writing scripts wrong, forgetting to finish setting up my appointments). I also had some difficulty with calling in and getting a hold of people sometimes.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
When you see Dr. Kiltz he is very informative and nice. We haven’t had to change our plan of actions yet so I can’t say how well he does that. He is a big supporter of the Keto diet. I wish he would make a brochure or sheet explaining what you can and cannot eat on the diet.
Make sure that you double check your fertility plan. Ask as many questions as you have at the clinic. If you do bloodwork outside the office, check the scripts before you leave. Double check your fertility prescriptions with the nurse before you order them, especially if using Ovidrell and you weigh more than 150lbs.
Every time I had a different nurse. There were also times where the staff seemed to miss some vital information (writing scripts wrong, forgetting to finish setting up my appointments). I also had some difficulty with calling in and getting a hold of people sometimes. Living 1.5 hours away makes it critical for me to be able to communicate accurately with the staff. Besides these complaints, all the staff was very friendly and answered any questions we had.
We went into our initial consultation and started testing after talking with a nurse. After our tests, we learned it was male infertility. Then my husband had to take medicine for 3 months before we could do any procedure. When his count was acceptable, we started our first cycle of iui. I had a vaginal sonogram and was prescribed medicine, then called back in to check my egg progression. When my eggs were mature enough, I was given a shot to start ovulation. The next day we came in for an iui and went for blood work a week later. A week after that I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Then my cycle started and we repeated the process. We are currently waiting to see if it worked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were very nice. They were able to answer most of our questions. They are busy and do make mistakes which can be a headache to deal with.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is busy. They have a good reputation of success. The actual clinic is very relaxing and a calm environment. They provide tea, coffee and water for people to enjoy. The reception staff is very helpful and friendly.
My insurance covers most of it. So far we have only had to pay copaymentd on medicine and $65. It has probably cost about $250 so far got us
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After my husbands test, we were told we would hear from them about the results. It wasn’t until my appointment several weeks later, that we found out it was male infertility issues. When his numbers were high enough, I was told to call the pharmacy. I called the nurse to ask if all the medications were coming from that pharmacy and was told yes. It wasn’t until the medicines arrived that I realized I was missing two of the pills. Then before I had my iui, they informed me that I needed two shots instead of one. The nurse said she would call it in. Luckily I decided to double check since she did not. I was able to get my shot on time. This round, I continued to have issues with the the shot since I needed two and they wrote the script for one. I had to play phone tag to get that situated. We live about 1.5 hours away from the clinic so I am having blood drawn near my home when I can. They wrote the wrong month on the script and I had to call 4 times before someone actually faxed my script to the hospital where I give blood. I also left a message that was never returned. I had to call them back and when I told the nurse this she gave me some attitude.
Embryo Freezing
When I met [Dr. Robert Kiltz] in person he was fantastic and took time to answer my questions. Over the phone he came across busy and as if he was just pushing through getting to the next patient... I have dealt with both Dr. Kiltz and Coorley. Coorley is very kind at transfer but at retrieval he was a bit cold and didn't explain much. Dr Kiltz was great at transfer and I have never had him do a retrieval.
When there the receptionists [CNY Fertility-Syracuse] have been kind and welcoming, the nurses have varied some seem cold and not very comforting. I did have some great nurses though. As a travel patient it is very hard to get answers and to get a nurse on the phone, also I get multiple nurses and they seem to give different answers. ... I was supposed to have IV materials sent and they were a week late... also I had a dr. never call on a follow up appointment.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
When there the receptionists have been kind and welcoming, the nurses have varied some seem cold and not very comforting. I did have some great nurses though. As a travel patient it is very hard to get answers and to get a nurse on the phone, also I get multiple nurses and they seem to give different answers. I have dealt with both Dr. Kiltz and Coorley. Coorley is very kind at transfer but at retrieval he was a bit cold and didn't explain much. Dr Kiltz was great at transfer and I have never had him do a retrieval.
Make sure you do your research and tell them what you want. I made the mistake of thinking the Dr. and nurses would be on top of things and there not. I had to be my own advocate and tell them what I was looking for.
When I met in person he was fantastic and took time to answer my questions. Over the phone he came across busy and as if he was just pushing through getting to the next patient.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They seem overwhelmed and did not make me feel as though I am important to them. I felt like a number walking through the door....also I don't have any answers as to why the process is not working or what I should be doing to find out why.
I did monitoring out of town