4.4

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
I liked Dr. Kiltzs' bedside manner, the guy prayed with us after our transfer. However, all he cared about was us doing his carnivore diet. He told us if we eat veggies and fruits we would turn into them? And everything we know about science is wrong...Be prepared to talk about his keto/carnivore diet, that's all he seems like he wants to talk about.
I felt like a number while a patient at CNY because I had someone different to talk to about my questions every time. We waited for 2.5 hours before he was able to get me back for our frozen embryo transfer. My transfer was at 1030am and we transfer right before 1pm. It was very rushed and he seemed flustered.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I liked Dr. Kiltzs' bedside manner, the guy prayed with us after our transfer. However, all he cared about was us doing his carnivore diet. He told us if we eat veggies and fruits we would turn into them? And everything we know about science is wrong. He asked if I was on DHEA and I told him I was but my level was super high, I asked if I should start it back up and he went on a tangent about how he's being sued by the "creator" of DHEA and never answered my question.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used 3oo gonal-f and 75 menopur. We did a dual trigger with lupron and pregnyl. Cetrotide started stims day 4. We don't know the reasoning behind it, one of the NP's came up with the protocol but didn't ever tell me why this would be the best approach. We only got 1 embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
You talk to someone different every time. When messaging in the patient portal, you have to create a new message every time, you cannot reply all. That is super frustrating considering you don't know who is going to answer your next reply to a previous question.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They're understaffed and too busy to truly accommodate everyone. The benefit for CNY is the price, other than that, you don't really have a great relationship with the staff. They do get back to you pretty quickly while going through a cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
Total for IVF with fresh transfer and storage fee in one was about 4,000. We had a 5% discount for military. Our frozen transfer was an extra $700(with military discount).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
When the nurse called to tell me my quant was negative, she asked if we wanted to go into another transfer...we only had that one embryo so it stung extra that she didn't even know my results well enough to be able to give me the appropriate consideration when discussing our next steps.
2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Robert Kiltz] Very compassionate and caring, but ultimately just a number in huge pool of other women s seeking the same goal. The price you pay is great, but the lack of communication is cringe worthy. I’m still not complete with the process and dread what’s to come on future communication...Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Very clean facility [CNY Fertility Center] and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient...The clinic was horrible at returning calls and messages. Had to be a huge advocate to get things done...[nursing staff] Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate! If something doesn’t seem right, speak up!
It’s very generic. Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very clean facility and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
They limit multiple embryo transfers unless you have a history of failed attempts.

2021, Unsuccessful
I saw Dr. Kiltz again at the time of transfer. I can't tell you how insensitive he was at that time...he didn't look thru my file even once. His first question was, is this your first transfer, I said no, this is my second. Then he asked, what happened to my first, for which I said, it was unsuccessful. Then he asked why was it unsuccessful, I didn't have any answer for that. Then he asked, what was the reason for my infertility, I again said i don't know....
They [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] are efficient, and knew what they were doing...they were friendly, but no warmth at all...the nurses who saw me were never the same during the visits, which made me wonder if they really know my case or not. And during both my unsuccessful IVF procedures, the nurse who called me, was so insensitive, she right away asked what are my future plans, whether i intend to do another transfer, even before i could digest the news of negative pregnancy test...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I was referred to this clinic by a friend who had two successful pregnancies with CNY. I first saw Dr. Kiltz during my egg retrieval in the Syracuse clinic and he was friendly and reassuring at that time. I was full of hope and he didn't mention anything about the next steps or anything. It was explained by the nurses I saw during my next review at the Rochester clinic. My transfer was again done by Dr. Kiltz and I didn't have any concerns at that time about the success of the procedure. In fact, I was too positive that nothing could go wrong. No one told me about how low the chances of successful IVFs could be; that only less than 5% of IVF became successful. So, when the call came saying that my pregnancy test was negative, I was devastated. I wasn't told what went wrong. It took me weeks to get over it and prepare for the next cycle. The procedure was easier than the first. I saw Dr. Kiltz again at the time of transfer. I can't tell you how insensitive he was at that time. First of all, he had no idea about his patient, meaning he didn't look thru my file even once. His first question was, is this your first transfer, I said no, this is my second. Then he asked, what happened to my first, for which I said, it was unsuccessful. Then he asked why was it unsuccessful, I didn't have any answer for that. Then he asked, what was the reason for my infertility, I again said i don't know. He then asked how young i was, to which I said Im 43. He gave me a curious look and asked, if these are my own eggs or donor eggs, I said my own. He then went on about the miracles of keto diet, which he didn't ask me to follow during both my cycles. He said it would help with inflammation, which i didn't know. By then my confidence was low about the transfer, about the quality of my ovum and embryos and the entire success of the process. I was shattered and couldn't hold tears. I really don't know if doctors, especially ones who specialise in fields as this could be so insensitive. I was completely stressed out during the entire period and it didnt come as a shock when they called up to report my unsuccessful pregnancy results.
Don't expect much.
I was being seen by the nurses/nurse-practitioners at the Rochester branch of CNY Fertility. Sure, they were friendly, but no warmth at all. It's just a routine job for them. For patients like me, who are at the fag-end of fertility, we need a little bit of compassion and reassurance, which was lacking most of the time i went there. And, the nurses who saw me were never the same during the visits, which made me wonder if they really know my case or not. And during both my unsuccessful IVF procedures, the nurse who called me, was so insensitive, she right away asked what are my future plans, whether i intend to do another transfer, even before i could digest the news of negative pregnancy test. who would do that? I felt like they just wanted to move on to the next task, and no concern for the patient's feeling was given any gravity at all.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are efficient, and knew what they were doing. Sometimes the waiting time for scan was more than 30-40 minutes, but mostly it was under 15 minutes. They explained the medication procedures in detail and was prompt to provide me with a substitute vial of an injection from the clinic stock, since the medicine vial i got from the pharmacy was leaking. I replaced it, but their pro-active action helped me with continuing the cycle without any breaks.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It doesn't feel like a clinic, the ambience is more homely. Waiting time is under 15 minutes most of the times, but there were times when I had to wait for 40 minutes for a scan. The cover protocols are followed strictly and the nurses are efficient. they don't call up with an explanation for your blood tests or anything, nor will they prep you for what to expect.
I was under the impression that our insurance covered the entire procedure associated with IVF. We didn't know that assisted hatching was not covered in this and the financial team failed to inform us as well.we received a bill for both transfers and we are still clueless about it.
I was advised y Dr. Kiltz that because of my age, its wise to do multiple embryo transfer. Hence, for both my cycles, I transferred two embryos each.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I would have expected someone from the clinic to let me know what went wrong with my failed IVFs. It was such an emotional and physically traumatic journey, its a courtesy that i think they should follow.
Syracuse

When you try to ask questions, [Dr. Robert Kiltz] just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress...I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified!
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do...unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is VERY INTENSE. He truly wants to help you get pregnant and start a family, and that is amazing. He is very knowledgeable, and sometimes it is hard to follow him because he trows A LOT of medical terminology at you and talks very fast, making it hard to understand. When you try to ask questions, he just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress for me because I was/am so hard on myself because I haven’t gotten pregnant yet, so every time I “cheat” on keto, he makes me feel like that’s why I’m not pregnant. The day of my egg retreaval, as I was laying on the operating table, he was asking me how my keto was going and I had told him good and that I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified! When I am in the clinic, Dr Kiltz is very nice, for the short time I see him, and always says “God Bless” as he leaves the room, and I do love that. I’m not sure if I would choose to see him again, because he is so intense, I would rather see a different doctor in his practice, Dr Corley!
Take a lot of notes, because he talks very fast! Try to not be offended when he talks about his “Kiltz’s Keto”.
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do, they were making it very stressful. You have to talk to a different nurse every time you call, making it hard for them to have a good relationship with you.
He always used his immune protocol do decrease possible inflammation. The medications we used for almost every cycle were: Prednisone, Low dose aspirin, LDN, Intralipid Infusions once a week prior to and after transfer, estradiol. And KETO. Unfortunately I have never been pregnant, I did have 1 chemical pregnancy, but zero success. He isn’t sure why I am not getting pregnant, and has labeled it “unexplained infertility”.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel team is very uninformative. I had to keep calling them to get my test results, and that made things very stressful. And every time you call you speak to a different travel nurse, and have to wait for them to go through your entire chart before they can help you, making it very frustrating. I finally asked if I could have one nurse please take care of me because I was getting misinformed and getting wrong medication dosage by multiple nurses. On one occasion, three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication. I finally got connected with a nurse named, Kristine K, and she is truly AMAZING! She is A part of the travel team and it is so sweet and truly cares about you. So when I call now to speak to a nurse I specifically asked for her and I don’t mind waiting on hold until I can speak with her, because I know I can trust her and she will tell me the correct information, and advocate for me to Dr. Kiltz. I love her and she really does care about me and want me to get pregnant! When I go to the clinic to have my transfers, I always get a nurse name Ashley (I do not remember her last name, but she has tattoos down her arm and dark hair and very pretty), and she is a rockstar when I am there! She is very down to earth and wants the best for us and does not mess around with treatment!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel client, so the only time that I go to the clinic is for the egg retrieval and transfers. When we first arrived the clinic feels like a spa! It is literally beautiful and very welcoming! I felt very relaxed while I was there and never nervous. The very first time we were there we got to walk down the hall where the embryologists were working, that was very interesting and nice knowing where my embryos were going. I have done acupuncture a few times before and after my transfer, and it was truly relaxing, I highly recommend doing that. Every single person at the clinic that I encountered was very polite, always smiling, and excited that you were there!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel client, so on day one of my menstrual, I would call CNY And let them know I had started, and then they would upload a order to my patient portal for me to schedule my ultrasound and lab work. The facility where I got my ultrasound at got me in immediately and treated me like a STAT patient. (kudos to Fulton County Health Center in Wauseon Ohio!) I would have to get my lab work done at Toledo Hospital, due to it needing STAT results.
The initial phone consultation/interview was free with Dr. Kiltz. Once I completed all of my deemed testing prior to doing IVF, then I could order medications for egg retrieval. I choose to pay in full for my Single Cycle IVF with out of town monitoring, and that was $4,050.00, that included one egg retrieval, anesthesia, assisted hatching, embryo storage for one year from retrieval, and one fresh embryo transfer. Every frozen transfer after that was $450 plus $150 monitor fee for the nurses, totaling $600 each time I did a frozen transfer. But those prices are only good for one year from me signing my contract with them in September 2019. I do know that their prices have increased since then, but I do not know those prices, as I still have one frozen embryo left. I did get my initial medications for egg retrieval from integrity pharmacy, that CNY recommended, and that total was $3085.71. Every frozen transfer was a little different, and I was able to get those medications from my local pharmacy for the immune protocol.
He will only do 1 embryo transfer, and states it is a standard. My third transfer, he did agree to transfer 2 embryos, and unfortunately that didn’t work either. He believes that it doesn’t increase your chances of getting pregnant by increasing the number of embryos transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel nurses are not good at communicating instructions, and sometimes they do not call with my lab and ultrasound results, so I have to call them and get them and speak to multiple nurses to get the information. They are supposed to call you that day after you get your lab and ultrasound, I should never have to call into them, they should be contacting me. One day three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication, until I demanded to talk to my travel nurse that I prefer, Kristine K, and she told me that something was wrong and that she needed to call Dr. Kiltz himself to figure out what to do next. And unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
My first retrieval [at CNY Fertility Center] was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure...You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.kiltz as a person is an amazing soul. However I do believe the client has to many patients and can not give certain attention each patients need with their fertility issue. You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great. Dr.corley is my favorite. All of them pray after transfer which I absolutely love. I just feel as a number thou and always rushed along at appointments and transfer and I believe this is due to overbooking.
Slow down make your patient feel important not rushed. Everyone is different and everyone needs a personal protocol and to find the problem sometime less is more
When I started in 2018 I felt like they were awesome, now I feel like a number after failed transfer over and over you would think we would change something but no I had to throw something out there from speaking with other clients
Wonderful overwhelmed but wonderful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My first retrieval was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure. So I'm very proud of the up grade for retrieval surgical rooms.
Cost is great
2020, Unsuccessful
First cycle [with Dr. Kiltz] was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle...Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday...Do not expect personalized treatment.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient [at CNY]. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use...Low cost but treatment rendered reflects the price paid. Travel patients usually don’t get a call with results until the end of the day. You may have to call them & ask for your results. Responses to emails are sometimes unhelpful & the response provided demonstrates that the person responding never looked at your history.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz met with me & my husband for the initial consult & I haven’t spoken to him since. Physicians seem to perform the surgical procedures & every other aspect of treatment is handled by a nurse.
Do not expect personalized treatment.
Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday. I sent a massage through the portal. Results are uploaded to portal. It is late Friday evening & I have yet to receive a call.
First cycle was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle. First baseline showed 6 follicles. Baseline after birth control showed 1 follicle, cancelled cycle. Third cycle, doubled med dosage. Had a decent number of follicles develop, however, miscommunication around timing for retrieval resulted in a loss of 4 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Travel patient. Conducted monitoring offsite.
4K per cycle $1100 per PESA Lab & ultrasound extra Meds extra
It’s been 4 days & no one has called me to discuss my beta results
Syracuse

We didn't interact much with Dr. Kiltz, but we felt that everyone was extremely helpful and made us feel comfortable and confident in the process...didn't ask to speak with him since I felt so confident with the nurses and the staff...never felt like I really needed the doctor to explain anymore than what the nurses are telling me...It was a very standard IVF protocol...
The nurses and staff at CNY Albany are amazing and have been there to answer all of our questions along the way. We didn't interact much with Dr. Kiltz, but we felt that everyone was extremely helpful and made us feel comfortable and confident in the process. We are very grateful for the nurses and staff...they run the clinic like a well oiled machine...told it would be beneficial to have a frozen transfer.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We didn 't have any interactions with Dr. Kiltz so I can't say honestly anything about him personally. We spoke with Dr. Grossman initially on the phone, and he was wonderful and answered all our questions with some levity.
We are having success, so he knows what he's doing and the nurses and staff are wonderful.
It was a very standard IVF protocol and we began with stimulation. I was on a low dose since I have lean PCOS and had a lot of follicles. The retrieval went well and they retrieved 25 eggs. We did the testing since they said I should since I'm "older" which helped us see we had a boy and a girl, 2 unknowns, and 1 mosiac. It was very expensive but it allowed us to use the strong male embryo first. We were also told it would be beneficial to have a frozen transfer. So I went on a couple weeks birth control so we could time the transfer with my next cycle. I'm glad we did, but it was uncomfortable "holding off" the period but it was worth it since we were able to do the transfer just 10 days after the results came back from the genetics lab. Now I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and everything is looking great. I am on the current progesterone and estrodial (3x/day) and the injections are painful so I also use patches the nurse recommended and it's been very helpful since I still have 4 more weeks! As far as I know, I'm on a very standard medication protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses have been incredible! I've had amazing conversations with all of them and they have been extremely positive in our journey and every time we see them. Even the nurses on the phone have been extraordinary and will answer any questions and stay on the phone with you as long as you need. It's been so helpful and a blessing speaking with them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The strengths are that they run the clinic like a well oiled machine and still take time to answer all of your questions. I didn't have interactions with the main doctor, but I also didn't ask to speak with him since I felt so confident with the nurses and the staff. I knew they knew what they are doing and never felt like I really needed the doctor to explain anymore than what the nurses are telling me.
Around 5k for IVF, 3k medications, 3k genetic testing, 1,400 frozen transfer, another 1k for additional medications (first trimester pregnancy) additonal 1k since we can't pay upfront. So far it's been 14, 400
They highly recommended single embyro transfer and we also wanted that from the beginning. We want to go one at a time and have the best opportunity for each embyro. I'm very happy we did just one :)
Latham

I do not care for Dr Kiltz’s manner. I had several concerns about my cycle, including meds and protocol. He completely dismissed my concerns and pushed keto heavily, explaining any negative outcome away with my diet. He is not very active in care, it is managed almost entirely by nurses. I didnt get to speak to a doctor until ER. I saw him at transfer, and made an appointment for follow up.... My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated.
The cost of this clinic [CNY] is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.... Care is completely coordinated by travel nurses. I given conflicting information by different nurses on several occasions. They can be difficult to communicate with. The nurses in the facility were caring and efficient.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be sure to know exactly what you are doing. You need to know your meds, and what is best for you. You need to know your labs, when they should be done, what the expected values are, and what to request if they are not within limits. No one is going to help you through this process.
This is a very busy clinic. Genetic protocols are given. My requests for specific medications were denied without explanation. You almost never get to speak to a doctor. I didn’t get to talk to one until I was being prepped for ER.
I stimmed with 300 gonal f and 10 hCG/lh. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned about egg quality and was denied. I ended up with fair/poor 3 day embryos. I was encouraged to do a fresh transfer. My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated. By the time I knew, the embryos were already in me. Elevated tsh can cause chemicals and miscarriages. My cycle ended in a chemical.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very cost effective. I would only recommend them if it is all you can afford and your last choice. Care is coordinated almost entirely by nursing and they make frequent mistakes. It’s not cheaper if you have to repeat cycles due to their errors. You will see people say “you have to advocate for yourself.” That means know the meds, which are right for you, labs, values, treatments etc. Dr Kiltz believes that keto is the answer to everything and if anything goes wrong in the cycle, diet is blamed. Use caution.
The cost of this clinic is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.
CNY does not usually allow multiple embryos transferred. Because mine were fair to poor and 3 day, I was allowed to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was not happy with the protocol I was given. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned with egg quality, which was denied. I do not have pcos and was not in danger of going into ohss, yet was triggered with lupron, which should only be considered for when ohss is imminent because it can be so bad for egg quality. I ended up with fair to poor 3 day embryos and a fresh transfer was recommended. My tsh was not tested until transfer day, and had been elevated by stims. My transfer resulted in a chemical.
Syracuse

I've never spoken with Dr. Kiltz. I have no idea what he's like. I've read that this is common with travel clients who are having remote cycle monitoring. Honestly, I only saw my last RE a handful of times and that was over 8 IUIs and almost 3 years. I was not expecting any hand-holding from an RE from across an international border...He signs your prescriptions and that's about it...I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was.
They [CNY Fertility Center] will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword...I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had...I'm a travel client, so I've had no face to face contact with anyone from the clinic. I've had a couple of phone conversations with nurses who seem very nice...Not specifically detailing my protocol is frustrating. Saying to just get all these meds and we'll figure it out later? What if I don't use them? They're not exactly sugar pills. They cost a lot of money.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
If you are a travel client having remote cycle monitoring, do not expect any communication from directly from Dr. Kiltz. He signs your prescriptions and that's about it. If you're having IVF I would imagine you'd see him on the days of retrieval and transfer.
This is my second RE, second clinic but first time IVF. I sent CNY my medical records and the results of any tests they asked me to take. They sent me a list of medications with little to no information on dosages and format. They just said to get all these meds and call us on your day 1. I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was. The list I got was as follows: 1. Gonal F 450 x 4 inject 225iu 2. hCG LH supplement (100iu/ml)x1 Inject 20 units subQ 3.Cetrotide .25mg x 6 4.Lupron trigger 4 mg 5.Prednisone 5mg x 60 1 twice daily 6. Prograf 0.5mg x 32 1 twice daily 7. Baby aspirin 81mg x 30 8. Zithromax ZPAK 250mg x 1 9. Cleocin Ovules 100mg box 10. Estrace 2mg x 60 1 twice daily 11. Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml x2 vials. Inject 50 mg IM 12. hCG 10,000iu trigger I guess they are waiting to explain how to take this medication when I call in my day 1? Like I said, this is my first IVF cycle. I had to look up most of these meds to try to figure out what the protocol is. From what I can gather from my own research is the protocol I'm on is a version of a down regulation short protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I've communicated with several nurses. It's a bit frustrating because you're never sure if the nurse you're speaking to is up to date on all the details. They are always professional and kind but stingy with information. I never get a complete thorough answer to my questions and have repeated myself so many times.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is their number 1 strength and also the reason why everything else suffers. I am completely out of pocket so cost was my primary reason for going with this clinic. They will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword. They give hope to those who maybe they shouldn't and the volume of clients they see make if feel like you're just a number. I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had.
Single IVF costs $3900 US Includes retrieval, ICSI, anesthetic, assisted hatching and 1 fresh embryo transfer. Each frozen transfer done within 1 year costs $450 US That's easily a third the cost of any local-to-me clinic. Remote cycle monitoring is $150
Syracuse

[Dr. Robert Kiltz's] feedback felt very canned and repetitive... found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm...When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable... I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have heard of many people who like him but I found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm. He did offer his cell phone number, like he does to others, but I never used it. When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable.
Do your own research. Make sure you have a team of supports. Know you can change doctors at CNY. Know that you won't necessarily get him each time, whether you want to or not. Know that the doctor the day of transfer can vary even from who you are scheduled with. Do your own research on Keto to find a way that works for you if you choose to pursue it.
His feedback felt very canned and repetitive.
This is hard to describe because I had different doctors throughout my time at CNY for phone calls, retrieval, transfers, and prescribing. I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor. In the beginning, he accidently prescribed all the retrieval and transfer medications to my wife who was only doing the retrieval and the transfer medications to me (I was doing the transfers). Because they want you to fill it all ahead of time, we spent a lot of money on medication that was never used for her (because she wasn't doing a retrieval). My first transfer, I was prescribed birth control for syncing cycles, estrace, PIO, endometrin, prednisone 5 mg twice a day (upped to 10 mg twice a day for further transfers after a chemical), low dose naltrexone, prograf, and plaquenil. Later, I added on lovenox (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), intralipids (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg wash (chemical and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg booster thru 10 weeks (7.5 week miscarriage), neupogen thru 10 weeks (7.5 miscarriage).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at Syracuse was warm, friendly and organized. My experience with the nurses on the portal has been frustrating. About 90% of my messages are not answered in full or answered incorrectly. On the phone, I have had some amazing nurses and two that seem quite rude and I don't trust what they tell me, which is problematic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love that this clinic offers massage and acupuncture. The acupuncture before and after transfer is very helpful. The setting is comfortable and clean. I like that the recommendations are more holistic. I wish that the messages I get from nurses were more organized and predictable. You have to do your own research. You have to make sure that you look at your numbers because I've had nurses tell me my numbers from labs were good and then later admit that I needed meds adjusted when I double checked. Their fax machine has issues and I have to have my monitoring clinic resend my labs often, which is frustrating.
It's outlined on their website. The monitoring fee changed while I was there.
He recommended single, and after a chemical, the team started recommending 2, and I chose to do 2 after 2 chemicals and a miscarriage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Once I had a nurse tell me that my estrace was good, I called to double check and they told me to was good, and when I saw it in the portal it was below 50 and had dropped 200, and it was supposed to be above 100. It took 3 days to connect with a nurse to get this confirmed and have my medication increased. I subsequently miscarried but I don't think it was related to that. Still incredibly stressful. I had the same thing happen one other time and had to call and talk to someone.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He is great at what he does, but he doesn’t take the time to thoroughly discuss options. He speaks over you and not to you....Dr. Kiltz knows what he’s doing when it comes to retrieval’s and transfers. His bedside manner during a transfer is the best. He’s extremely compassionate. It’s difficult to ask him questions because he is always in a hurry. He’s lucky he has an amazing staff because they are the ones that run the clinic....My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy.
Strengths are they are affordable and staff is very caring and compassionate. Weaknesses are over population of the clinic. There aren’t enough providers for the amount of patients seen at the clinic.... I don’t remember exact costs. There are so many “extras” and your never told the price of the “extras”. Over the past two years I would guesstimate I have given CNY over $50,000... The nursing staff is excellent. The nurses are the ones that run the clinic. I do wish I had been assigned to only single nurse whom I could communicate with throughout treatment, but every nurse is nice.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Know your health history and know everything fertility related. You have to advocate for yourself.
My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy. We miscarried at 14 weeks. My second transfer was a single day 5 embryo that came from my first retrieval. It which resulted in a negative. We recently transferred a single day 3 that came from our second retrieval and were waiting on the results.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Every time I have gone in for beta testing to get my results I have always had to call. No one has ever called with my results. There have been times nursing staff is extremely difficult to contact. When calling you never know which clinic your going to get. I go to the Syracuse clinic and even though I call their phone number I might speak to someone in the Albany office.
Syracuse

First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him... I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally...After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP.
[The nurses at CNY had] Long fake fingernails. Did not monitor me very closely after egg retrieval (was frequently out of the room and left me alone). Had zero compassion for the fact that I just wasted thousands of dollars to get no eggs. Still handed me card with my embryologist's name and instructions for transfer meds and betas after getting no eggs at retrieval...I have experienced just about every minor inconvenience a person could have experienced with this clinic, but chalked it up to it being a large clinic. It was really the last egg retrieval and the fact that the cycle was even allowed to start that made me extremely dissatisfied with this clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I kind of explained it all when I talked about not feeling like a human. I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally.
Don't do it. Save your money and go to a real fertility clinic. The more I think about it, the more dangerous a place CNY seems to me. People come there desperate. People come there and spend every last dime they have. This place does not care at all about your safety or emotional wellbeing. It is almost like they take advantage of people in their desperation.
First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him. After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP. She set the appointment, but she didn't call at our appointed time. After sending several more calls and emails, I finally got a follow up with the NP. She suggested that I do a mini-IVF moving forward. I voiced concerns that I had not had success with those in the past. She said it would be better this time because I had been on Omnitrope and would take menopur during the cycle. I reluctantly agreed. She did say that she wanted to make sure I was "suppressed" when I started the cycle. I had my baseline. I had several follicles over 10 mm and an LH of over 11. I was prepared to have to wait until next cycle. A nurse called me and told me to start my meds. I expressed concern. She said she would contact the NP who made my protocol. She called back and said she couldn't get ahold of that NP but she talked to another "provider" and it was ok to start. I got to the "egg retrieval". I was left several times alone in the OR before and after the procedure (including post anesthesia). The OR was cluttered and dusty. The nurse taking care of me had long, fake fingernails. The anesthesiologist did not wear a cap over his hair piece. A speculum was inserted while I was still awake but without warning me that they were inserting a speculum. I remember being concerned that they were going to start before I was asleep so I told them I was still awake. I then went to sleep. When I woke up, I was told that they got no eggs. I only had cysts. I again said that this cycle should have never been started because I had 14mm follicles at base line. The Dr. (Dr. Corley) said it was fine for them to have started me with such big follicles. I was charged my new payment plan amount that included both cycles with CNY three days later, even though I had signed a contract stating that the new higher amount would begin in the following month.
First cycle: Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, max dose of gonal F/menopur, cetrotide, 5 mg Predisone, Tacrolimus, Cleocin, Z-pack, IM and vaginal progesterone, vaginal estrodial. Rationale: DOR, Results: 1 embryo, no pregnancy Second cycle: Letrozole, Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, 225 gonal F, menopur, ganirelix, 10 mg prednisone. Rationale: If a lot of meds only make 1 egg, why not sped less money to only make 1-2 eggs. Results: painful cysts, no eggs
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic's strengths are that they are really cheap. Plus they see so many patients that someone has to get pregnant at some point, so maybe a new patient might win that lottery. Weaknesses: Not compassionate, knowledgeable or safe
Cycles are $3900 plus monitoring plus meds.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it)
This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.... It's comfortable. It's relaxing. I was a little confused at the end about billing, but they are totally willing to answer questions. Some people have told me that the wait would be long, but we never had to wait more than 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it) and would make sure I was healthy before we did retrieval. After surgery, he explained to my husband that it was a "war zone" in there, and he now understood why we were concerned. He still saw no reason as to why IVF would not work for us.
Take the Keto info with a grain of salt. Do not let it derail you. Yes, it can be done, and yes, there will be benefits, but it is *not* for everyone. I need it to manage my inflammation due to endometriosis. But it should not be how you are judged. You can cut carbs and get similar results. :) He knows his R.E. area, and he is very supportive once in there.
He was explaining the surgery to me, and I started to get upset, and he came over, sat next to me, held my hands, and whispered that it would be okay, we would come through this, we would have a baby. But first, the surgery needed to take place so I could be healthy enough for that baby. He said he would do everything possible to keep my ovaries, and in the end, he did.
July: Myomectomy, Hysteroscopy, Cystectomy to treat Endometriosis Stage IV and scar tissue from drained cyst in December. Late July: 11.25mg leuprolide to keep endo at bay while I heal from surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was very informative. She wasn't touchy-feely, but she was able to answer all of our questions, and deal with me being a complete emotional wreck. She also helped us understand the keto lifestyle's benefits and drawbacks. Danielle was able to draw my blood, though I rarely have good veins. She was in and out in a pinch, which was fantastic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Insurance covered my costs.
He mentioned while prepping for surgery we would probably want to try for one due to the severity of my endo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My husband had to get bloodwork done, and though I was told I'd receive a call, I had to take the initiative. This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.
Syracuse

strategy for my embryo transfer [with Dr. Kiltz] was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks...I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
Being a large practice [CNY Fertility Center], I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection...Sometimes it is difficult to trust that the staff will be on top of everything because of the high volume of patients, so I felt that I needed to stay on top of everything and double check and question every step of the process.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did my embryo transfer. My appointment was a few hours late because some of his other appointments ran late. My transfer felt very rushed, but he was very pleasant during the procedure. I was hesitant that it would work because of how quick it was, but I did get a positive pregnancy test.
Make sure that you ask questions and double check everything because this practice sees a large volume of clients and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
This practice sees a large volume of clients, and they are very busy. I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
My strategy for my embryo transfer was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks. I also had a previous ERA done, so for this protocol, an extra day of progesterone before transfer was added (6 days).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Being a large practice, I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice. It feels more like a spa than a medical clinic. The only weakness I would say is that sometimes the appointments run late because they see such a high volume. The atmosphere is very peaceful and clean.
Embryo transfers scheduled within one year of an egg retrieval were $250, so that was very reasonable. The fee for outside monitoring was $150. The medications for this one embryo transfer were around $200, but insurance covered most of them.
Syracuse

I have never actually gotten to speak to communicate with Dr.Kiltz himself yet. I have only been getting papers signed off by him through the portal. And some of the stuff in the papers have been wrong, like my prescriptions.... I am being put on the immune protocol because I have PCOS. This is completely different than what was explained to me in my phone consultation. I am put on primarily put on a low dose of gonal, meno, and cetro for retrieval.
The clinic [CNY] is the cheapest I have ever found and it allows in house financing with will give myself and many others the option for IVF that may not have the chance to have it otherwise. However only two locations do the actual IVF procedure and they are both in NY... everything I have done via the portal has taken a very long time to get a response back about. They seem nice, and genuine, but it shouldn't take 2 or 3 weeks to send me back an email
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
From what I have seen from the Fireside chats, he is very knowledgeable about what he does. It's too early in my journey to tell exactly what type of doctor he will be but I am hoping for the best. I chose Dr.K not just because of his prices but because he is highly rated about and this gives me faith that he will also help my husband and I with our miracle baby.
Dont expect too much communication outside of appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I have never had an in person appointment with the nurses yet. But everything I have done via the portal has taken a very long time to get a response back about. They seem nice, and genuine, but it shouldn't take 2 or 3 weeks to send me back an email and if it does then they are severely understaffed
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is the cheapest I have ever found and it allows in house financing with will give myself and many others the option for IVF that may not have the chance to have it otherwise. However only two locations do the actual IVF procedure and they are both in NY
They are the cheapest clinic I have ever found
I know that transfering more than one embryo doesn't increase the chances of implantation, so I am okay with only transferring one at a time. However if I have to do several transfers, for cost reasons I may ask to transfer two.
Syracuse

[Dr. Kiltz] didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about...I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him....
[CNY Fertility Center] are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now...several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time...They slipped taking my levels after retrieval to make sure transfer would be a good idea. They made my beta no STAT so i had to get it redone and get results the next day. Nurses all had wrong info....
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
His strength is only somewhat of his knowledge. I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him.
See dr. Corley instead. Unless you are a keto maniac, Kiltz can’t exactly offer you any more help than anyone else. Also join the CNY support groups it will help tremendously!
He didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about. Why entire cycle failed and he recommended things that every woman is recommended even though my eggs being “soft like butter” was apparently something he’s never heard before.
I can’t even remember the protocol I was suggested I do remember it was the basic one. And when the cycle failed and he called to adjust, he recommended “priming” with other drugs which I will do!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
When it came to the wait after retrieval, several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time. When my beta results came in I was supposed to be with my husband in case bad news came in and the nurse didn’t give me an option if I was even ready she just blurt the awful news out so I was bawling my eyes out looking for my husband outside. No one could help with simple vitamin questions either.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself seemed prepared and clean. The waiting areas were warm for the couples to feel calm. Weaknesses are they are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now.
Well I didn’t have any embryos make it to freeze so it cut down cost quit a bit. I would say for my whole ivf cycle (under any doc, Kiltz being the over phone doc) would be around $4,000 including travel and stay and food and transport.
No comments on the two. But I suggest taking in less new patients so he has better organized time for the ones already in treatment.
Syracuse

He seemed very busy, and is very big on his Keto diet being a major factor. We weren't convinced, and neither were our OBGYN / Urologist. Overall though every conversation we did have with him was informative and professional. But it definitely seemed like he was always in a rush... we barely even saw Dr Kiltz aside from the retrieval, and actual transfers. Any phone consultations or questions we had were answered by RN's instead.
Retrievals and Transfers are only done at the [CNY] Syracuse office - all the remote offices can only do monitoring or the early parts of retrieval/transfer cycles. The 24 hour nursing line is nice if you have questions.... We spent about $2100 on drugs, $4,500 on retrieval, and several thousand more on cycles, monitoring, and travel. In total, we probably spent close to $11,000
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions to the RN and develop a good relationship with the nurses in general - they will be your main contact.
The Nursing Staff and RN's were very knowledgeable and helpful, and really went above and beyond for us in my eyes. However, we barely even saw Dr Kiltz aside from the retrieval, and actual transfers. Any phone consultations or questions we had were answered by RN's instead.
I was prescribed clomiphene. I can't recall everything that my wife was taking. I know there were several anti-inflammatory options used and closely monitored.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were fantastic. Very helpful, compassionate, and willing to answer any and all questions we had. They really put us at ease when we were having nervous days.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Retrievals and Transfers are only done at the Syracuse office - all the remote offices can only do monitoring or the early parts of retrieval/transfer cycles. The 24 hour nursing line is nice if you have questions.
We were well informed on eSET vs multiple. He recommended single for our first transfer due to the high embryo quality, but let us elect to do a multiple transfer for the second due to the lower quality.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is great. He goes out of his way to be extremely accessable to his patients. He is very compassionate and welcoming. He is constantly thinking outside the box to find new innovative treatment plans and protocols...The care I received was inconsistent. Rather than having a consistent treatment plan, I routinely received inconsistent treatment protocols based on whomever handled my care at the moment.
[CNY Fertility Center's] treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask questions, he is there to help.
Intalipids, HCG washes, and accupuncture were recommended and available. Since I was having such a hard time with having any of the Embryos implant they threw at it all they could think of. Plaquenel and Lovenox (for blood flow) were added to my protocol after my first 3 Embryo transfers failed. I also had an Endometrial Receptivity Analysis to test the most receptive timing for transfer which was recommended by a nurse after my fifth faith embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Many were very warm and friendly. However, the management of my care was inconsistent and it all depended on what nurse I happened to talk to at any given time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Their treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
Out of pocket IVF was $3900. $200 out of pocket for each frozen embryo transfer within a year from retrieval date. HCG wash out of pocket was $50. Intralipid infusion out of pocket was $50. Out of state monitoring fee was $150.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Primarily, there was a test that should have been suggested much sooner than it was. Typically ERA tests are suggested after 3 failed embryo transfers but only after five did a nurse suggest it. I had even had a follow up consult with Dr. Kiltz and he never recommended it. If it weren't for one of his stronger nurses on his team, it would have gone overlooked. It was very disappointing since I was down to only 1 embryo left when it was finally suggested and I can't help but wonder if things would have turned out differently had they suggested it after 3 failed transfers as is standard timing to consider performing an ERA biopsy.
Syracuse
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic... The nurses that answer calls can be nasty and rude depending on who you speak with but some of them are very kind and helpful. All of the nurses I encountered in person at the Albany clinic were wonderful.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I never saw Dr. Kiltz directly because I went to the Albany clinic. Labs and prescriptions, however, were ordered under his name. I have reached out to Dr. Kiltz numerous times and he did call me back but his call was missed because I was at work and never spoke with him directly over the phone. I have emailed him after I was given inaccurate instruction by one of the CNY's CRNP's. My plan was adjusted in my favor after I reached out to him and that mistake was compensated. I believe Dr. Kiltz is a good person and I believe he would help everyone if he could. But there are too many patients for him to manage himself (of course) so he has recruited help and opened clinics in different locations to manage the amount of patients attracted to CNY's prices. Although I have never met Dr. Kiltz in person, the positive and negative occurrences at all of these other clinics reflect back on him.
If you work and are a travel patient undergoing IVF, you will not know when you will need to be in CNY until that week or the week before you need to be there. Make sure your employer is flexible and can work with you.
CNY has a vast amount of patients due to their attractive prices. I understand that mistakes happen but I have encountered too many with CNY to look over. The mounting mistakes make me have doubts about the clinic and thoughts that my hard earned money may have been better placed elsewhere. The diagnosis of infertility is heartbreaking in itself but to feel like your not a priority after investing so much effort, time, and money is even worse.
I have undergone 1 IVF cycle so far. I used Gonal-f and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. I triggered with Pregnyl prior to retrieval. 9 oocytes were retrieved, 5 of which resulted in 5 day blastocyst using ICSI. I did 1 fresh medicated embryo transfer that was unsuccessful and a medicated FET that was also unsuccessful. I am young, I ovulate on my own, and have no lining or hormonal issues. I have bilateral tubal factor infertility and for the next FET, plan to do an unmedicated FET.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: affordability, flexibility Weaknesses: You are your own advocate, continuity of care is compromised because multiple healthcare professionals handle your case, many mistakes are made, the stress of traveling out of town, finding your own monitoring facility, patients rarely speak directly with physician's, nurses coordinate patient care, long wait for initial consultation
My meds costed around $5,000 and IVF was $3,900. FET's are $250 for a year after retrieval but increases significantly after year is up
I was strongly suggested single embryo transfers and I think that is reasonable considering I am young with only tubal factor infertility
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I've had meds called to my pharmacy with wrong name, I have been given inaccurate instruction regarding ERA cycle, nurses have been unfamiliar with the natural cycle protocol
Latham

He [Dr. Kiltz] is very short and to the point. Didn't really explain what was going on. That was the nurse's job. Seemed like he was in a hurry and didn't say much at all. I would have liked if he would have gone over what was going on or how my embryos looked....I was proscribed Prednisone, LDN, baby aspirin, Gonal F, Menopur, cetrotide for egg retrieval. Cleocin, Endometrin, progesterone in oil, estrogen and prograf for transfer....He really doesn't like to do multiple embryo transfers at all. Most have to really try to convince him.
They are extremely busy and you may be treated like a number. But they do know what they are doing and have lots of positive outcomes. The nursing staff is extremely helpful and you can rely on them answering any questions you may have....Since they have so many patients they may make a few mistakes...Seriously one of the best things about CNY is their nursing staff. They are prompt and very kind and understanding and willing to talk and listen to you.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very short and to the point. Didn't really explain what was going on. That was the nurse's job. Seemed like he was in a hurry and didn't say much at all. I would have liked if he would have gone over what was going on or how my embryos looked.
He is not a very personal doctor. He gets in and does his thing as fast as possible.
Didn't feel really personal. They confused me with another patient.
It's really low cost. Only $3,900 without any monitoring
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Since they have so many patients they may make a few mistakes
Syracuse
I only met Dr. Kiltz briefly prior to going under anesthesia for my egg retrieval so it is difficult to rate my experience with him. The process is mainly driven by the nurses and PAs/NPs who are great...I would not recommend this practice if you expect a lot of one on one attention...For egg retrieval we used menopur, gonal f, and cetrotide, with a lupron trigger since I have a history of OHSS...seem to be very up to date on anything that may improve your odds and so far we have had favorable results.
They [CNY Fertility Center] are very efficient at what they do but it is not very personal given the volume of patients treated. The nurses and mid level providers are excellent but I have only seen a doctor twice- once for my initial consultation and once just prior to egg retrieval...The process is mainly driven by the nurses and PAs/NPs who are great...The cost of our cycle for embryo preservation was $3900 + $800 for the cycle bloodwork/ultrasounds. Medications were just over $3000 for the cycle. We also had some baseline bloodwork and semen analysis which were required after our consultation and the total for that was about $300-400. There were some recommended labs/testing that we declined.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I would not recommend this practice if you expect a lot of one on one attention. However they do seem to be very up to date on anything that may improve your odds and so far we have had favorable results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are very efficient at what they do but it is not very personal given the volume of patients treated. The nurses and mid level providers are excellent but I have only seen a doctor twice- once for my initial consultation and once just prior to egg retrieval.
Rochester

He [Dr. Kiltz] cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate when it’s fails. He tends to try or be supportive . Otherall he isn’t a bad doctor.... He would rant about diets and refuse to allow you to speak your mind... Cost [of CNY] is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful.
Cost [of CNY] is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful. Over all the clinic is worth all the pro and cons....They [Nursing Staff] are ok but could be far more compassionate....He [Dr. Kiltz] cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He cares that your successful but still isn’t a great listener. He is willing to put his all into you becoming pregnant and is compassionate when it’s fails. He tends to try or be supportive . Otherall he isn’t a bad doctor.
Advocate for yourself. No one else will
He would rant about diets and refuse to allow you to speak your mind
None
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are ok but could be far more compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is a strength , length of time before getting sick is weakness. Payment plans is a strength. Poor communication is weak. The facility is amazing and peaceful. Over all the clinic is worth all the pro and cons.
In progress
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
It all has to do with their lack of communication.
Syracuse

His [Dr. Robert Klitz] prices are very low, but you end up trying more often...When I went in for transfer, the Dr was shocked I had ohss due to my age. I don't think they.read your chart. I was prescribed a medication...t is deadly for a few people with sickle cell trait. What if I didn't research it?...Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby
I'm not totally happy with CNY anymore. I ended up with ohss...The staff are nice...Do research..know everything about infertility before you proceed...Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby...Now they put me in CNY jail. No transfers till I give more money. I bought donor sperm. I asked them to scrape the vial. I had called to ask if I had sperm left 2 times and we told no. Well 6 months later I get a storage bill for half vial.of sperm!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
His prices are very low, but you end up trying more often. I think only growing frozen donor eggs to cleavage stage makes for a lot of failures, hence me buying 28 eggs. Other clinics give you a guarntee if 1 blast with frozen egg purchase. If your donor eggs cleavage stage don't work, they have you buy more eggs. Also twice mistakes were made. I'm not totally happy with CNY anymore. I ended up with ohss. My AMH is almost 4 despite being 41 years old. I was given 300 gonal f and ended up with ohss. I called the clinic a few times complaining about how I felt. I was told it was normal. When I went in for transfer, the Dr was shocked I had ohss due to my age. I don't think they.read your chart. I was prescribed a medication, I forgot the name. But it is deadly for a few people with sickle cell trait. What if I didn't research it? Furthermore many times I was told my symptoms were because of that drug.... BUT I DIDNT TAKE IT! One day I called Dr Kiltz and told him I was disappointed in how they work. How frozen eggs are only grown to cleavage. How despite my monitoring lab sent report about possibly being overstimulated, my regime wasn't adjusted. I was in pain for days, my belly felt like I had 2 grapefruits dangling in my abdomen. Dr was not nice and snapped that he didn't promise me a baby. And that people die from cancer and that life was just fucked up. I also think CNY, allowing you to forgo basic testing messes up treatment. I was never tested for routine blood work. Turned out my iron , vit d was low and needed meds. I found out my tubes were open. I thought they were closed. Also if you have a few failures, he prescribes meds without checking you. I was prescribed lovenox without seeing if I had a clotting problem. Like I said people are eager for a baby, if you give them the choice to not test, like I chose. I would have saved 30k. In the end my tubes are open and y husband's sperm is actually bad. No one ever told me his sperm was low.
Do research..know everything about infertility before you proceed
The staff are nice
300 gonal at 41 with any of 3.9 15 eggs and ohss. They all stopped growing 350 gonal 21 eggs 19 embryos frozen day 3
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes in the beginning but then a bunch of people. I preferred the one nurse)
It used to be one nurse. Now it's nursing team..whoever gets your call or has time to look at lab report
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Low price, bad donor eggs, lab quality questionable. Out for money. They sell cbd, vape, vitamins, massages, fake acupuncture; 5 needles of acupuncture is not for fertility, 1 on forehead, 1 or 2 on each leg and 1 or 2 on belly it's a sham.
Cheap in the beginning but adds up do to many failures
None, I know my age they can put more embryos
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not enough time to write it all. Now they put me in CNY jail. No transfers till I give more money. I bought donor sperm. I asked them to scrape the vial. I had called to ask if I had sperm left 2 times and we told no. Well 6 months later I get a storage bill for half vial.of sperm!
Syracuse

You do not have one on one care from Dr. Kiltz as a travel patient. He is across the country and most of the time you have to explain your entire history in every single dealing with him.... Slightly obsessed with his Keto diet concept. I appreciated that he was willing to discuss new protocols for me based on my recommendations and research. I did feel though that he was not informed about my specific case and that I needed to keep reminding him of who I was
They [CNY] were very quick with their answers, short tempered and the majority showed poor communication skills. As a nurse, I was not at all happy with the nursing care/communication. I constantly had to advocate for myself in order to receive proper instructions and advice.... you have to basically coordinate your entire care otherwise you will slip through the cracks as just another “number”. The actual building at CNY Syracuse was nice itself and the staff was friendly enough in person...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a kind man, but he seems rushed almost all of the time. He hugged me and I appreciated his manner. Slightly obsessed with his Keto diet concept. I appreciated that he was willing to discuss new protocols for me based on my recommendations and research. I did feel though that he was not informed about my specific case and that I needed to keep reminding him of who I was (my history/situation).
Although very kind, he is an extremely busy man. Keep advocating for yourself no matter what. Keep a pen/paper handy when he calls you on the phone because he talks very fast. You can’t beat his prices, but you definitely have to put some work in to be correctly treated.
I did a retrieval with fresh transfer. Meds used were cetrotide, pregnyl trigger, low dose HCG, gonal F, prednisone, zpack, neupogen, intralipids, lovenox, baby aspirin, prenatal, LDN, Benadryl, PIO, estrodial, endometrin, cleocin, prograf, tacrolimus. Got pregnant with twins and miscarried them at 18w5d
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They were very quick with their answers, short tempered and the majority showed poor communication skills. As a nurse, I was not at all happy with the nursing care/communication. I constantly had to advocate for myself in order to receive proper instructions and advice.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They have the best pricing in the country, but there is a reason- you have to basically coordinate your entire care otherwise you will slip through the cracks as just another “number”. The actual building at CNY Syracuse was nice itself and the staff was friendly enough in person. My main conflicts was everything done long distance. It would likely be much better if you were a local patient.
As a travel patient, I paid $4050 for fresh cycle IVF.
He believed my two embryos were great quality and suggested that I transfer only one. I explained my reasons for two and he finally agreed to transfer two. I did get pregnant with twins
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was a long distance patient so I had to constantly call/email the travel team about missing information. I had to network with various people on the CNY Facebook page in order to find out what to do next because I was never given sufficient instructions. When I was in the actual clinic, they ran so far behind for transfer that I missed my massage appointment so I never even got one.
Syracuse

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I had several follow up calls and email with Dr.Kiltz however I was offered a lot of maybes but never given clear direction on what was next. ... Dr.Kiltz is open to older patients or those with reoccurring loss to transfer more than one embryo, but is very careful with younger patients or those doing their first cycle to not risk transferring more than one embryo.
The protocol the doctor gave was not followed by the nurses. They skipped medications, often did not call with results or next day instructions and could not find paperwork I would fax over. ... It [CNY Fertility] combines Eastern and Western medicine including a spa and acupuncture/massage. It allows for privacy but can also feel like you are being hurdled around as it is very busy. The clinic itself was very comfortable especially with private waiting rooms for those awaiting a surgical procedure. ...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I actually saw Dr. Corley and he was quite rough around the edges but in a rushed way. It was as if my questions were not relevant or he didn’t have time to answer them. When I had a follow up call with him he did made several comments that did not fit my file. It was if he was speaking of someone else or the notes were too incomplete or incorrect to interpret. I had several follow up calls and email with Dr.Kiltz however I was offered a lot of maybes but never given clear direction on what was next.
You must be your own advocate at all times. You will he given 25% of the information needed to do IVF with CNY, you must be ready and willing to research and prepare for the other 75%.
Each time i spoke with a nurse or a doctor, they were not familiar with my file. Medications were missed. When during my retrieval pre cancerous cells were found, I was simply sent a letter in the mail and a doctor did not call me to discuss the results or what the next steps were. I’m not certain they would’ve ever called to see if I was coming back for a transfer.
Cycle 1: TI with letrozole 2.5mg (no pregnant, 3 follicles) Cycle 2: IUI letrozole 5mg and Ovidrel trigger (4 follicles no pregnant) Cycle 3: IVF omnitrope/low dose naltrexone/gonal 300/menopur 175/cetrotide (6 follicles, 5 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Almost every nurse I spoke with was VERY nice however they have so many patients they are just not sure what is going on with your case. I was given misinformation on several occasions and also missed medications that I believe influenced my retrieval negatively.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful and clean. It combines Eastern and Western medicine including a spa and acupuncture/massage. It allows for privacy but can also feel like you are being hurdled around as it is very busy. The clinic itself was very comfortable especially with private waiting rooms for those awaiting a surgical procedure.
I monitored out of state but they were very timely with providing my U/S order sheets.
$3900 per cycle including retrieval, fresh transfer and icsi. Frozen transfer is $250 per transfer thereafter.