4.6

Robert Kiltz works at

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

During the consultation phase of the IVF process, my brain was overwhelmed by information and questions. He [Dr. Kiltz] made me feel calm and supported as we decided together on what was best for me. I was seeking an individualized experience and so far he has made the time to give me confidence in the plan. He not only discussed the medical side of the process with me, he also discussed lifestyle and perspective.
To work with this clinic [CNY Fertility], you have to be on top of your stuff. If you are looking for hand holding and a passive approach to your care, I wouldn’t recommend this clinic for you. If you have a strong voice and have done your research, I think this is a great fit! They support the approach you feel best about while giving their guidance and opinions as well.... 4K for egg retrieval cycle with fresh transfer
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
During the consultation phase of the IVF process, my brain was overwhelmed by information and questions. He made me feel calm and supported as we decided together on what was best for me. I was seeking an individualized experience and so far he has made the time to give me confidence in the plan. He not only discussed the medical side of the process with me, he also discussed lifestyle and perspective.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is a doctor in high demand, so do not expect him to reach out to you. However, if you have questions or concerns, you can expect him to respond quickly and with compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I was feeling anxious about the protocol plan and the nurses weren’t aligned to what was agreed to on the phone with the doctor. I texted him about my concerns and frustrations early on a Saturday morning. I did not ask him to call me that day, nor did I expect an immediate response. He called me immediately! He listened and spoke with me about life and the stresses of this process like he was my friend.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
His approach is 300 Gonal/Foll and 150 MEN to start. This is my first IVF cycle, so he made an insightful statement that gave me much needed perspective: “We have to shoot before we aim sometimes.” We don’t know how I’ll respond to the medications so we have to start with what we think will be best and adjust as we learn how my body responds. I came to him with studies about Early Egg Retrieval and protocols other REs were using for women my age and he was not only open to discussing them, he said he would go with whatever approach I felt best about. He said a moderate approach seems like a good start because even though I’m 44, I have normal AMH and low to normal AFC (7). He also addressed my concerns about endometriosis and the abdominal inflammation in my body by putting me on LDN and HGH to start. I will write about the results I’m a couple of weeks when we see how many eggs we retrieve and fertilize.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are extremely busy and difficult to get in touch with. Done have been overly helpful, while others have made me feel like an inconvenience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
To work with this clinic, you have to be on top of your stuff. If you are looking for hand holding and a passive approach to your care, I wouldn’t recommend this clinic for you. If you have a strong voice and have done your research, I think this is a great fit! They support the approach you feel best about while giving their guidance and opinions as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
4K for egg retrieval cycle with fresh transfer (if you wanted that), ICSI, and assisted hatching (laser). $450 per frozen transfer.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
I was relieved that he follows the most relevant and up to date studies for women my age. He is supportive and encouraging about multiple embryo transfers for my age and situation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
They have new doctors and overloaded nurses because they are becoming so popular. I had a long and informative consult with a newer doctor, but he did not follow through with what was agreed to on the call (I.e., stat prescriptions and follow up answers to important questions). The nurses did their best to help though!
Syracuse

The clinic [CNY Fertility] is super busy and that means that I met a different nurse each time I went in and a different nurse responded to emails I wrote. A couple of times, that meant that the entire email thread wasn't read and that caused some miscommunication.... Super busy place and that's probably what makes it more affordable than other clinics. The cost of several things here, except IVF, might be close to what they might be elsewhere, especially if they are not in-house items
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We met Dr Kiltz once during the entire cycle and that was a random encounter while waiting for an ultrasound. The conversation was all about what the keto diet is and he certainly has super strong opinions on that. After the cycle and no seemingly viable embryo, I was expecting Dr Kiltz or someone from the office to call me to discuss the PGS results and potential options but nobody called us. I called the office and asked for Dr Kiltz's phone number (something I'd learned on FertilityIQ) and texted him asking him to call me back. He was pretty responsive and we talked on the phone a couple of days after the initial text message. During the conversation, I was hoping he would help me figure out what might be the next best thing to do but he mostly cited stats and said making the decision about what to do next was my call. While I appreciate that, I would've liked a little bit of guidance in the decision making process given that he's the experienced expert. I've already read plenty research papers and looked up stats on FertilityIQ and elsewhere! The final decision, of course, would've been mine. Those are the only two times I've talked to him in person and the rest of my interactions have been over text. He is very responsive over text though sometimes his one word responses might be a little tricky to decipher. I still appreciate him making himself available outside of the portal and clinic and he has been super supportive and with me through my most recent pregnancy and miscarriage.
Do your research. Read through all the relevant courses on FertilityIQ and go in with specific questions you want answered that you couldn't get answered elsewhere. There is a lot of information on the CNY website as well, especially if you are already going through the IVF process there and want to consider options like donor eggs/sperm, surrogacy etc.
The clinic is super busy and that means that I met a different nurse each time I went in and a different nurse responded to emails I wrote. A couple of times, that meant that the entire email thread wasn't read and that caused some miscommunication. The online system (portal) doesn't let you 'reply' to an email - you need to write a new message each time and that is a bit painful because you need to reference the content of the previous email to make sure the context is clear to whoever responds next. Overall, though, I thought the nurses took good care of me and continue to do so and treated me like a person. From what I read on FertilityIQ after my treatment was that I could've asked for the same nurse each time! I once asked that a particular nurse not do my ultrasound and that request was respected. Since my most recent miscarriage, I've been in communication with the nurses to keep up with dropping HCG labs and ultrasounds especially since I've moved to a new city and don't yet have an local OB. The nurses and Dr. Kiltz have been super responsive. I found Dr Kiltz's phone number on the CNY website and I've been talking to him throughout the process from embryo transfer to miscarriage to D&C to post D&C complications to future directions and he has been amazingly supportive.
My first consultation was with a nurse and she set the treatment protocol. From my point of view, there was no input from Dr Kiltz regarding anything though I have no idea what goes on in the background. I asked to see the nurse who designed my protocol during one of my monitoring sessions but was told she is unavailable and I didn't ask again. I think my first consultation would've been with a doctor had I waited 8+ months for a phone consultation appointment. I went with the onsite nurse consultation as I got an appointment within 4 months which then got moved up by a couple of months as a slot opened up.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Overall, I believe the nurses run the place and they are doing a pretty good job. Most of them seem to have a good bit of experience and are understanding and accommodating. I'm a bit less enthusiastic about the embryology team as some of them seem to have less than a year's worth of experience with no background in anything bio related. This is another thing I learned on FertilityIQ - to look for the nurses and other people on LinkedIn to get a sense of their education and experience. The nurses could've been more pro-active with changing my estrogen dosage based on monitoring results (blood and ultrasound). They didn't do it until I asked for it and one of the doctors suggested they increase my estrace dosage, which happened after many expensive monitoring visits. If you don't see your lining start to get thicker in 10-12 days, take charge and ask the nurses to review your protocol with a doctor and change it accordingly. I spent a frustrating month going for blood work and ultrasounds and not seeing much change. The whole process could've been faster and cheaper had I asked to get a doc involved early enough.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Super busy place and that's probably what makes it more affordable than other clinics. The cost of several things here, except IVF, might be close to what they might be elsewhere, especially if they are not in-house items, for example, medicines (third party pharmacy cost), PGS (third party diagnostic cost) etc. That being said, the difference in IVF cost here and other places is HUGE making it an easy win over other places. Low cost does not translate into poor care. You just have to be well informed (FertilityIQ can help) and take charge of the process (communicate with the nurses). If you want a dedicated care team, want to see a doctor on each visit, and want the clinic to be initiating a lot of conversations with you instead of you having to call/email them for information constantly, this may not be the place for you.
For retrieval: 2600 (medicines) + 4600 (IVF + biopsy) + 1235 (monitoring in Syracuse and once in a different state) + 2100 (PGS) + travel and lodging costs for the initial consultation and the IVF cycle + some cost for tests done right after consultation. For transfer: Lining prep medicines (don't remember exact number but likely under 250 as estrace and progesterone aren't as pricy as the retrieval meds) + monitoring (out of town so about 2000 because I was asked to go many times) + embryo transfer cost (varies if its part of IVF cycle or not) + travel and lodging costs for the embryo transfer + acupuncture cost ($70 for 2 sessions or 1, I don't remember) if you choose to do it before and after transfer.
I didn't ask what the doctor's preference was. I went with my own idea about how many I wanted to transfer and nobody was opposed to it.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour on the phone with my husband and I discussing our health, history, and steps moving forward. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and professionally. We could tell he was passionate about his work and we are beyond hopeful to finally do this and hopefully will be carrying our first baby within the near future. I can text or call him and he responds right away. I haven’t emailed him yet, but there is that route available if necessary...took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Whenever I email the nurses [at CNY Fertility Center], they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages...Their nursing and financial team are great. Dr. Kiltz is great. Unfortunately I haven’t dealt with anyone else. They make IVF affordable for all who are trying to achieve their dreams of having children. I didn’t receive the greatest care at other fertility places but at CNY, they treat you with respect, like family and they have monthly IVF grants to help pay for IVF cycles. I’m excited for this journey and for CNY to help my husband and I become first time parents!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have not yet begun my IVF process since I am waiting for my first cycle to arrive so I can start. When my husband and I consulted with Dr. Kiltz, he was friendly, engaging, explained things so that we’d understand, and offered his cell phone, email and told us to contact him whenever if we had further questions or concerns. What doctor does that??? I have not met a doctor that offered their private cell phones to patients!
You will love him!
Dr. Kiltz took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Whenever I email the nurses, they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages.
He is affordable!!!!!
Latham

Kiltz is always knowledgeable and gets us information that we need. He helps trying to figure out issues that have come along. He also connects to via social media and always responds to as many questions as possible. Has answered several of ours. He also has given us his personal cell phone and he has always responded.... On our case Kiltz has done 2 egg transfer and a single egg transfer. Both our decision, Kiltz didn't see anything that would not allow multiple egg transfer.
Long wait times at the clinic [CNY], but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.... We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Trust him. He will always have your back. He is willing to reach out to speak to your Dr if your are from out of state for monitoring.
Kiltz and his staff take the time to explain things to you. They spend the time to troubleshooting issues. Kiltz has also given us his personal cell number if we have questions or issues. Staff is always there, always gets things sent to my dr since I live several states away.
I've cycle and meds. He puts you on hydroclorique and a z-pack to help make the uterus better suited to host an embryo. He also adjusts meds based off of your blood work and ultra sounds. He does push keto to help bring down inflammation in the body.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are professional and compassionate. Very friendly. They go out of their way to ensure things are correct and in order.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Weakness you have to travel, but we have signed up for that. Long wait times at the clinic, but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider. Based off of that info they would determine if we are ready for a transfer or retrieval.
Medicines 3500, retrieval and transfer meds. Monitoring egg retrieval and transfer 3900. Price has gone up but we are grandfathered in. 250 fee for each transfer. 850 after 12 months for egg storage. acupuncture 75 Travel and hotel 4000 during retrieval process. Tickets to travel to NY each transfer roughly 600 each, prices change pending on the time if year.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day...is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
She [the nurse at CNY Fertility Center] sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
Open your heart to possibilities because that is what Dr. Kiltz offers. Don't bother going anywhere else.
I had made the mistake of seeing a different fertility clinic first and it was a terrible and defeating experience. Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day.
He started out with tests, blood, ultrasound, semen analysis, and a procedure to make sure there was no cause for concern before any fertility procedures were mentioned. Once we got the clear we discussed IUI. He knew our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment so he gave u workable options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnan)
She sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, very clean and well laid out. Strengths-This clinic is a well oiled machine. They have a portal where I can access all my tests and records. I can also email the nursing staff and get a same day response. They are knowledgeable in fertility and also both eastern and western medicine. They promote yoga and specialized diet. Weaknesses: None.
All costs were covered for preliminary testing except for deductibles. All other costs can be financed if needed.

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!...Recommend transferring one embryo...We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available
Our communication with them [CNY Fertility Center] so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is early but so far has been awesome. We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available. He is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!
Have questions & plans of actions ready to go. They can be quick with you, but they are running a large clinic with a lot of patients trying to offer affordable fertility treatment to as many patients as they can, which is a great thing! If you’re thinking of trying a new protocol or med, just ask! They seem very open & Dr. Kiltz actually promotes that openness in his nightly virtual chats!
We are working with CNY Fertility from afar, as travel patients. Our communication with them so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
egg retrieval & IVF. Can start as soon as we are ready to get medications, secure monitoring with a local doc, & make plans to travel to NY!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Very good at communicating & knowledgeable! I have noticed you talk to a lot of different people / nurses though. That’s fine with me though, I understand it’s a large clinic seeing a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I wish they were closer or had a location in Michigan!!! I know they’re growing & offering a lot of state of the art treatment & procedures which I think is great! I am so excited to travel to the Syracuse Clinic, from reviews I’ve read & pictures I’ve seen online, it looks very nice. Like a spa.
$3,900 for IVF plus add-one we are still looking into (ex embryo glue & PRP - these will add a couple extra hundred dollars). Plus, mediation that was quoted around $2,500 & travel. This is still significantly cheaper than the $20,860 we were quoted by a local RE for IVF!
Recommend transferring one embryo , although when it’s time, I’m going to ask about transferring two as well as PRP & embryo glue.
Syracuse

I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long.... At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
The clinical staff [CNY Fertility] is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient.... I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.... It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long. I would have preferred talking a bit longer about our medical history and read his documents about diet later (which he emailed right away). At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
Make sure to ask any questions you have about the plan and take notes about what he says so you can make sure his info got through to all the nursing staff. They have many patients and it helps to know what the doctor suggests to make sure it aligns with nurses orders. As a travel patient, you’ll really only talk to Dr. Kiltz for consult, retrieval/transfer and follow up phone call. The rest of the time it’s with the clinical staff. Dr. Kiltz does give out his cell #, though and patients do call if needed.
The clinical staff is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient. Dr. Kiltz really cares and made me feel like I wasn’t just a number. He thinks about each patient as an individual even though he has MANY patients.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses are always available to talk with over the phone. I think they have a few staffing the phones, so they were never rushed or didn’t answer. They were prompt about getting orders out to me or calling back with answers. They were also really caring and helped me understand the process better and made me feel at ease. I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly. They send your meds protocol to integrity pharm and get really good deals with them because of the volume they do. I wish they had some kind of checklist for new patients because I was a bit lost about what to do after the consult. I just had to call and talk with nursing staff several times to get it all figured out. Also, their CNY Facebook support group was extremely helpful! The clinic is pretty well organized for how many patients they seem to have, but I think the patient needs to know what they should be doing, or ask a ton of questions if you’re new to IVF because you don’t get a nurse that walks you through it. Also, documents on the portal were hard for me to find. Some stuff I didn’t even see until way later. If you’re a first timer, use the FB group to ask questions and search postings for answers. That really helped me.
$4200 for retrieval and one FET. Each additional FET during the 12 mos after retrieval are $250. Meds wound up being about $1600 (225 gonal f and 75 menopur 1x day for 10 days). With travel (for retrieval and a second trip for FET), total cost for us will be just under $10k.
We haven’t transferred yet, so I’m not sure what he’ll suggest.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After our first retrieval, Dr. Kiltz changed our protocol, but it wasn’t in my portal records. I had to remind the nurse that the Dr. wanted to decrease dosage for the 2nd retrieval and then she saw the Dr. notes.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz has LOTS of patients. I think he does the absolute very best that he can for being one person.... Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost.... I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
The nurses are the heart and soul of CNY. They are what keep that place running. I work mostly with the travel team and the nurses are helpful and responsive.... Strengths - I have heard the facility is spa-like (I have not seen it in person, only pictures and have heard other patients talk about it), in-house financing available Weaknesses - They take on LOTS of patients and you can get lost in the shuffle if you don't speak up.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost. He simply just does not see the necessity of charging $10,000+ for a cycle of IVF. I became a patient of CNYF after paying over $15,000 for a single IVF cycle where CNYF charges only $4,500. The financial aspect of infertility has been such a tremendous barrier and he has been able to alleviate some of that for so many people. I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
Do your research and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and reach out. CNYF has LOTS of patients and sometimes your e-mails, voicemails, messages, etc. can get lost in the shuffle. Speak up and join the many social media groups that are available. There are many patients who are willing to offer support and answer questions as well.
Dr. K will recommend that everyone follow the Kiltz's Keto diet - regardless of your stage of treatment. It consists of only eating butter, eggs, bacon, and beef. Yes, that's it. He also recommends a variety of supplements - prenatal, CoQ10, Omega-3s, OPCs, Ovasitol, and CBD oil. He believes that many of the problems related to infertility are caused by inflammation in the body. He often utilizes "autoimmune protocol" which can vary, but typically includes prednisone or other medications that treat autoimmune disease.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$200 Administration fee for shipping frozen embryos to CNYF $330 Cryopreservation Tank Rental $1,900 for FET $150 monitoring fee
It is my understanding that Dr. K is pretty strict in terms of the number of embryos he allows patients to transfer. I believe he only allows two to be transferred if you have a history of failed transfers or due to your age.
Syracuse

I think Dr. Kiltz was very gentle, compassionate with excellent bedside manners. He prayed with us after the transfer. He made us feel very comfortable during this time. He is very high energy but comforting. He answered all questions/concerns we presented.... Originally we wanted to transfer 2 embryos, Dr. Kiltz suggested only transferring 1 embryos. Since it was our first embryo transfer we took Dr. Kiltz' advise and only transferred 1 embryo.
It [CNY Fertility] is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done....Some of the nurses were compassionate and caring and some of the nurses were not.... Weakness is there is a wait to get appointments due to high volume. Strengths are the facility is beautiful and it is a very relaxing atmosphere. It is a calming and peaceful environment in the clinic.... We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be ready to do your own advocating during your treatment as a travel patient.
It is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done.
Progesterone vaginal suppositories 100mg in morning and 200mg nightly, estrace 2mg po BID, synthroid 25mcg po qAM, prednisone 5mg po BID, prograf 0.5mg po BID, Zithromax 500mg po X 1day then 250mg po X 4 days, cetrotide 0.25mg , low dose naltrexone 3mg po nightly, progesterone in oil 100mg IM nightly, gonal F 300IU subcutaneous nightly, HCG-LH 10IU subcutaneous nightly, prenatal vitamin 1 tablet po qAM
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
$3,000 meds $3,900 egg retrieval $250 frozen embryo transfer $1,300 hotel $2,200 flights
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is the owner and primary doctor at CNY. My retrieval and transfer was performed by another doctor in his practice. I had huge issues with that doctors. I didnt feel human and actually felt like I had to fight to get a fresh transfer that I was medically in line to do. ... Discussed my medical issues and together we decided that k was in fact a good candidate for a fresh transfer. The other doctor was the only doctor available to do the transfer. I eventually got a negative pregnancy test from that transfer. But I feel that Dr. Kiltz cared about my feeling and discussed the medical stand point with me. I feel that he truly cares about his patients and I would recommend him to anyone.
Cny is very busy. You have to proactive about your healthcare. But the nursing and travel team is easy to work with. They will fix their errors without making you feel subpar. They also keep the communication lines very fluid. If you dont understand something they are very easy to contact and get answers.. ... Justine throughly explained how to give myself injections and told me where to find videos and made her self available for any questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is the owner and primary doctor at CNY. My retrieval and transfer was performed by another doctor in his practice. I had huge issues with that doctors. I didnt feel human and actually felt like I had to fight to get a fresh transfer that I was medically in line to do. I was given Dr. Kiltz's cell phone number and I texted him and he called me back promptly. Discussed my medical issues and together we decided that k was in fact a good candidate for a fresh transfer. The other doctor was the only doctor available to do the transfer. I eventually got a negative pregnancy test from that transfer. But I feel that Dr. Kiltz cared about my feeling and discussed the medical stand point with me. I feel that he truly cares about his patients and I would recommend him to anyone.
Make sure you get to see him and not the other doctors at the Albany office.
Dr. Kiltz makes his self personally available to his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine Taylor)
3900 for a complete ivf package
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I failed to get results upload to the portal from my first set of CNY ordered blood tests.
Monroe

2019, Consult
Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. ... He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. ... Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. ... I have only spoke to them over the phone or on the online portal. They have all been helpful and are available at convenient times of day (including after hours and over the weekend) ... $4050 for 1 round of IVF. I paid in full however they do offer financing options. Medications and monitoring sonograms out of state were not included (medication cost was $3434 for 1 round of IVF including egg retrieval and storage for 1 year
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. I look at him as being a "fertility God". All of my friends and family that have seen him have had successful pregnancies. I have only had a consult but I have been following his chats on Facebook for a couple of years now. I will be undergoing egg retrieval at my next cycle.
Be prepared with your questions. Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
Dr Kiltz does live weekly chats where he takes questions from the audience and educates on possible causes and treatments. He gives out his personal cell phone number and is always available to help everyone in need of services. He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. Other fertility clinics pick and choose which patients they are going to treat to ensure that their success rates will grow. Dr Kiltz allows equal opportunity to everyone.
I was ordered to have all of my bloodwork along with an HSG test prior to beginning my cycle. HSG test will show if there are any blockages within the fallopian tubes or if you have an irregular shaped uterus. All of my medications were ordered after my consult and were delivered within a couple of days. I am awaiting my menses at which time I will have a baseline sonogram. If all goes well I will then start my medications and begin monitoring sonograms. These sonograms will allow the dr to see how I am responding and adjust my dosages accordingly. Once my follicles reach a certain size I will fly to NY to see Dr kiltz for my egg retrieval. My viable eggs will then be fertilized. Within 3-5 days he will transfer 1 embryo into my uterus and the rest will be cryogenically frozen for later use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. However I've heard it is very spa like. Not like a medical facility. Very warm and welcoming. Huge. State of the art technology and utilizes eastern techniques for relaxation and blood flow such as acupuncture and massage
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their [CNY Fertility] best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. ... Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation.
The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. ... CNY offers such a great cost for IVF, which includes freezing embryos for up to 1 year for $3900, which does not include medications of course. In comparison, most other places offer IVF starting at $8,000 at least.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. They are big on atmosphere, and it feels like a Spa, not a medical clinic... in a good way. Welcoming and friendly.
Be realistic with your own expectations and what the potential outcomes could be. IVF is a gamble, simple as that... They are great, but there are chances multiple procedures could still not work.
Dr. Kiltz himself does a lot for patients. He wakes up early to take calls, stays late to take calls, and does extra things such as "fireside chats". At the office they are nice overall, however at times you can feel like a number as there are so many.
I used both injectibles, steroids to help decrease inflammation and many other medications to help decrease inflammation in general, especially abdominal inflammation. They also offer lipid infusions before implantation as well, which I did not do this past IVF, but may do in the future. CNY also offers accupuncture to help destress during implantation and retrieval, which I did do, and was stress-relieving. I had 2 implanted embryos, which were A graded embryos, but my IVF was not successful. Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation. I was not on the Keto diet during my first IVF implantation, but plan to Keto for my second.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff overall was very nice and understanding. It is a larger clinic, but for a larger clinic, the nurses and staff do a pretty good job welcoming people who come from all different states to have IVF performed at CNY.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a nice spa-like feel and this reflects Dr. Kiltz's belief in de-stressing and providing a relaxing environment to help with IVF and IUI. The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. But overall they do a great job for being such a big clinic and for the great price that they offer for IVF.
Dr. Kiltz allowed me to transfer 2 embryos. I am not sure if he allows some patients to transfer more than that, but he is very understanding regarding patients and their individual situation.
Syracuse

I have never had a doctor that I could personally text with concerns and have him call me back 10 minutes later. I am so grateful for his out of the box thinking and not being afraid to try new things. ... I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
I go to the buffalo office [CNY Fertility] and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He does everything in his power to help you.
I’ve had two miscarriages and lost one son at birth due to birth defects and not having kidneys. I was originally going to go back to my original clinic (not CNY), but my doctor wanted me to go back on clomid with an IUI (how I got pregnant with my son.). Regardless of what caused my son’s birth defects, I was adamant about not going back on clomid, and my doctor was not listening to my concerns. I was dismissed and told I just “have bad luck.” I texted dr kiltz and he personally called me back ten minutes later to come up with a plan. He listened to my concerns and knowing I have lupus compiled a plan we both agreed on. We are now in our first cycle using injectables, iui and an immune protocol. I’m so grateful for dr kiltz, the buffalo office, and being able to start so quickly.
I have had two miscarriages and a son lost at birth to birth defects. I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris, buffalo’s NP and Carrie an RN in buffalo are wonderful!)
I go to the buffalo office and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes awhile for an initial consult and it can get confusing if you don’t know who to call in the beginning. Once I met my treatment team and spoke to dr kiltz the plan was in place and in motion by the time my next cycle started.
Too early to know, I have not had to speak with finance yet.
We are currently doing iui
Hamburg (closed)

[Dr. Kiltz is] incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those...We have had 2 FET with Dr. Kiltz and both times we asked to transfer two embryos which he agreed to...is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
The [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc...We have spent around $10,000 including IVF, monitoring, medications, and FET which is significantly less than what we paid at our first clinic...Since CNY offers a low cost IVF cycle they are incredibly busy. I have found that the more active an advocate for myself the more feedback I get. They are always willing to answer my questions and to take the time to explain anything I might not understand. Although, this was our second round of IVF (first with CNY) I was already familiar with the general "process".
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very engaging and passionate. He listens and is willing to "think out of the box" with treatments. We found him after our first round of IVF resulted in zero live births. That clinic was unwilling to try different treatments or protocols for a FET. Dr. Kiltz adjusted my FET protocol after the first one failed.
He's incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those.
Dr. Kiltz is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
We did down regulation with BC followed by 9 days of stims. Included in CNY's low cost IVF cycle is ICSI which is part of the reason I believe we ended up with so many embryos (14 total).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc.
Syracuse

We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF...we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that...Be prepared for a LOT of energy--Dr. Kiltz runs on keto and coffee! Also, be prepared to try the keto diet/lifestyle...it truly has helped my husband and I...We did 3 different IUI cycles (none resulted in pregnancy). And we did one fresh embryo day 5 transfer, which at the moment I AM pregnant! The IVF they called a "mini" IVF because they didn't put as many medications into me.
The reception staff [at CNY Fertility Center] are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you...Well-oiled machine here. You may have to wait a couple hours, but they will try to get you in as soon as possible...just be patient (bring a book and fully-charged phone).
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF. Dr. Corley did my egg retrieval (Dr. Corley also did my HSG test) and then Dr. Kiltz we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that. Overall, I love BOTH Dr. Kiltz and Dr. Corley--you can't go wrong with either, honestly.
Everyone at the office is always kind and helpful (always willing to answer any questions) and take their time with you if you ask for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses at CNY Syracuse are amazing. Sometimes, they are very rushed though, so remember to have your questions ready to ask!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The reception staff are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you.
After reading about other clinics--this is the place to go if you want real affordable health care.
Dr. Kiltz recommended a single embryo transfer for us because of my age (I'm 29) and because it was my first ever transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
One time they changed my protocaol without me knowing (thankfully I logged into my portal)...they had forgotten to keep the prednisone on my list of meds to take, so I ended up calling them and they confirmed that I still needed to take the steroid. Also, a different time they ordered a medication with latex in it and I'm allergic to latex, so the pharmacy (Freedom Pharmacy) caught it and then the doctor had to approve a different meditation without latex.

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge.... He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?"
The nursing staff [CNY] was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge. The whole experience was so posititve that we were really sad to here he didn't do OB and we had to find an OB after we were 12 weeks pregnant. He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?" He offers free yoga for fertility, free webinars and support groups, and even hosts a yearly event at our local zoo-for free! He really knows what he is doing. He is smart, caring, compassionate, and will do everything in his power to help you achieve your goals. It was a really great experience!
Sometimes he can get really excited about a new diet he is recommending or similar life style changes. Take it with a grain of salt and know he is just trying to help you succeed.
Dr Kiltz knew me by name and was interested in what was going on in my life. He took the time to get to know me and my partner and he treated me with compassion and kindness
I told him I didn't want to have a bunch of extra embryos after our first transfer and that I didn't want to be heavily medicated. He had the perfect solution. We did a very conservative IVF cycle with minimal medication and we got the outcome we desired. He knew exactly what to do and what I needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean, welcoming, clinic. feels like you are entering a resort rather than a doctors office. The ambience is spot on with beautiful and comfortable furnishings and a nicebig fireplace. The staff are so kind and welcoming. They mkae you feel loved and respected and I highly recommend them!
The clinic is VERY busy so I didn't always have the best timed appointments, but fair enough. I usually had to wait a bit in the waiting room to be seen but they do their best to see you as quickly as possible.
between $8,000-$10,000 for one round of IUI and one round of fresh IvF cycle. The IVF is around $3,900 but the meds cost $2,000-$4,000.
I wouldn't say he had a strong preference for how many embryos transfered. With my age, he recommended two and we had twins! We were happy!
Syracuse

Dr Kiltz was honest and knowledgeable. He was also very caring and willing to answer any questions you had. My experience was nothing but good.... I felt like a human because the Dr. gave me his personal phone number and also does online chats with his patients on topics important to fertility patients.... I talked to a few different doctors about this at CNY and they are all pro 1 egg at a time. It is safer for you and your baby. Less complications
Every nurse I met [at CNY] was always friendly and you get to know them because during retrieval’s you are there every other day... They are very organized, get you in exactly when necessary for treatment and are reasonably priced. I don’t have any weaknesses as my experience was wonderful. The staff are great and always willing to answer any questions you have.... The IVF cycle is $3,900 and then the meds were about $2,800
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz was honest and knowledgeable. He was also very caring and willing to answer any questions you had. My experience was nothing but good. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Take one day at a time. Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. Just have faith that it will work.
Started with letrezole and IUI at CNY after me trying clomid with my regular OB for months with no success. It was my choice to move on to IVF as soon as I did. Second egg transfer and I am pregnant! They encouraged frozen eggs because I have PCOS and you are inflamed after egg retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Every nurse I met was always friendly and you get to know them because during retrieval’s you are there every other day so they become like friends and truly care about you and are rooting for your success.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Loved everything about it. They are very organized, get you in exactly when necessary for treatment and are reasonably priced. I don’t have any weaknesses as my experience was wonderful. The staff are great and always willing to answer any questions you have. They even have 6am appointments so I was able to go before work so didn’t have to miss much work either.
The IVF cycle is $3,900 and then the meds were about $2,800 for retrieval. The first transfer is $250. After a year it goes to $1,000.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered....For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation.... Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer,
The clinic [CNY] is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered. You can easily see the amount of love and passion he has for his profession and truly cares for his patients.
Dont be afraid to ask too many questions.
He has an incredible bedside manner, is full of compassion and positivity, and makes you feel very comfortable and at home.
For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation. Unfortunately the prograf did not agree with me (caused fevers) and I had to stop taking it. Unfortunately that transfer did fail. I have one embryo left and will be doing a FET, but we have not discussed protocol yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses I have seen were amazing. Very personable, compassionate and knowledgeable. I also would use the patient portal when I didnt have time to call or after hours and always received a quick response. They are a great team at CNY
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them. I feel there should be a better system to prevent this from happening.
Monitoring costs such as bloodwork and ultrasounds during my cycles. HSG Xray, Hysteroscopy and IUI. My insurance does not cover IVF, so I was able to use CNY's payment plan for that. It is a monthly payment automatically deducted from your credit or debit card. You choose the length of the loan.
Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer, hoping that we would have a better success rate.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz sees many patients so it is not always easy to get time with him. However when it’s very important he makes time. I see the nurses every visit and if I can’t communicate with him directly I can do so through the nursing staff...prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own...For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol...makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Because it is low-cost [at CNY], we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics...Niccole [nurse] has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I would tell them to not expect a lot of handholding and that they should be prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own.
Dr. kilts, despite treating thousands of patients, makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Initially I was started on a high dose protocol, 450 gonal and 150 menopur. I also primed with Omnitrope before beginning my cycle. This protocol resulted in cancellation due to poor response. The next cycle we went with 150 gonal/75 menopur and four follicles were retrieved. Two were mature, and only one fertilized which was frozen at day three. For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Niccole Davey)
Niccole has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Because it is low-cost, we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics.
$3900 per ivf cycle
CNY encourages single embryo transfer, however with women over 40 they are open to multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I always try to coordinate with one nurse, because sometimes different members of the nursing staff will give different information.
Latham

This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and [Dr. Kiltz] came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me...I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most...Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate...I absolutely love this clinic and feel like this is the right fit for me. I do Not love talking to the “main” number. I wish I could easily call the Buffalo clinic where they know me personally. I Do like that each cycle if something isn’t working we move onto something else. It’s also nice to have the patient portal and it’s good to see test results right away. Also having your instructions for medicines is nice to have on the patient portal.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most. I was having a horrible week with work and PCOS just makes you emotional haha. I was Starting to lose hope and cried my eyes out at my appointment. The nurses called him in and he gave me a really good “get back on the horse” pep talk. I know He was probably busy but I appreciated he took the time to talk to me.
This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and Dr K came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me.
So far it’s been 2 cycles at CNY first cycle we started with the Femara, then Gonal injections. I ended up with 2 follicles but had issues with my lining. First cycle ended with trigger shot and times intercourse. Which resulted with a negative pregnancy test. Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Z)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$40 per office visit which included bloodwork and ultrasound. Medicine is covered only if For timed intercourse $450 for IUI and medicine was not covered
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. Kiltz was amazing. He responded promptly and was encouraging. I called his cell phone once accidentally and he insisted I talk to him about my concern which was meant for nursing. He made me feel hopeful.... I was prescribed gonal f, menopur and cetrotide with IUI. I am 41 years old and my egg reserve is low. The gonal f stimulates you to produce eggs. Menopur helps them mature. Cetrotide prevents ovulation until you have IUI.
Appointment scheduling [at CNY] is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.... Marnie was direct, compassionate and knowledgeable. It made a huge difference seeing one specific nurse each time.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz treated my best friend and he changed her life. My friend encouraged me not to give up and that was very encouraging. Her story is amazing. Dr. Kiltz is very personable and positive in his interactions with patients. He was always kind to me and helped me to feel hopeful. I am hoping to move onto IVF next and fulfill our dream of having a baby. Because I am a healthcare practitioner myself, I feel I am in a unique position to help others. I highly recommend Dr. Kiltz to anyone experiencing infertility.
Hang in there, he keeps his promises.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnie Pierce)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Appointment scheduling is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.
My insurance is terrible and doesn't cover anything. I spent nearly 20,000 for the three cycles of IUI that I completed. I was devastated that I was not successful. My company has a self funded insurance plan and unfortunately will not implement the changes required by NYS healthcare law mandating coverage of 3 IVF cycles. I am hopeful I will qualify for the IVF grant. This would make IVF possible for my husband and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just a couple of mix ups with prescriptions, at the pharmacy level. Also never got prior authorization for a couple of my meds.
Syracuse

It may be hard for him [Dr. Kiltz] to have one on one contact with each patient besides the actual procedure. ... I had a basic protocol that everyone gets. ... My husband has male factor infertility so we both had retrieval in Syracuse, NY. My husband had a TESA and I had a normal retrieval. They had to do ICSI as my husband infertility is severe. We got 11 eggs from me and only 8 were mature. ... I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice.
I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice. They [CNY Fertility] did ask me how many I wanted to transfer. We plan on transfer the other two during our FET but right now we are unsure if we will be approved. They do look at your medical history and the reason for wanting multiple before agreeing to it. ... During the monitoring appointment it was mostly with the nurses I dealt with. You have to be prepared to somewhat feel like a number when you are setting things up but when you are in direct contact with the nurses they are very warm and will answer all your random questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is amazing, with a lot of aspects. It may be hard for him to have one on one contact with each patient besides the actual procedure. He does his best to text everyone back even if you are under another doctor at the clinic and each week he gets on his Facebook or Instagram and answer as many questions as he can. In person he is very sweet and shows he really cares about you.
Give him some time to get back to you. You have to put into consideration that they are the lowest cost with no restrictions and he has a lot of people contacting him and he will get back to you as soon as he can. You may not get the one on one experience but he will do his best to give you as much information as possible and he does have lives that he answers questions each week.
During the monitoring appointment it was mostly with the nurses I dealt with. You have to be prepared to somewhat feel like a number when you are setting things up but when you are in direct contact with the nurses they are very warm and will answer all your random questions. When I went in for my retrieval all the nurses and doctors were welcoming and informative. They took the time and didn't make you feel rushed when you were asking questions or when they would explains things to you.
I had a basic protocol that everyone gets. We get a list of medications to start with and you get a nurse to keep in contact closer to the retrieval. I was monitoring locally in my town and they would send the information needed to the clinic. I would keep in contact with the nurses. My husband has male factor infertility so we both had retrieval in Syracuse, NY. My husband had a TESA and I had a normal retrieval. They had to do ICSI as my husband infertility is severe. We got 11 eggs from me and only 8 were mature. Day 3 we only had 3 so we transferred 1 that resulted in a negative beta, and cyro-persevered the other 2.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are amazing! The only thing to remember as you don't just get one nurse and the online system doesn't allow you to reply to the message you some times get a new nurse responding to a chain of messages back and forth so sometimes you get different response. You just have to gently remind them what is going on. But they are all doing there best, so be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The price is amazing, the fact they don't have restrictions is amazing and even with those two things considered they are amazing in a whole. They are so caring and offer so much more than infertility treatments. They have Facebook support groups for mental health, food help, body and just overall everything to do with infertility. If you go to there Facebook page you will see that they go live multiple times a day to help out whatever way they can during this pandemic.
$3900 for IVF retrieval which included ICSI, Fresh Transfer and storage up to a year. $450 for a FET within a year of treatment $150 monitoring fee for distance patients $1100 for husband TESA Travel and medication cost would be different for each person. You have to do your research and find the best price pharmacy and hotel, if your coming in from out of town.
I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice. They did ask me how many I wanted to transfer. We plan on transfer the other two during our FET but right now we are unsure if we will be approved. They do look at your medical history and the reason for wanting multiple before agreeing to it.
Syracuse
Dr. Kiltz treated us like normal people having a conversation. He was focused and efficient (which I appreciated) while still making us feel comfortable and at ease...Within our first two appointments with Dr. Kiltz, he and his amazing staff found an error that wasn’t caught the year before. Our explained infertility became a male factor. Which led to further testing. I can’t thank CNY enough for locating a result that was missed for an entire year. He has given us our hope back and we can’t wait to continue this journey with him guiding us. We trust him completely.
The space [at CNY Fertility] was clean, calming and had an inviting atmosphere. It almost felt like I was on vacation at a spa. Every member of the staff was kind and compassionate towards us. I enjoyed the selection of books to read while in the waiting room and the beautiful consultation room...I was worried that I’d be another “number” with such a large patient population. I have never felt that way. Dr. Kiltz treated us like normal people having a conversation. He was focused and efficient (which I appreciated) while still making us feel comfortable and at ease.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We came to CNY with an open mind and an unexplained diagnosis. Every cycle we had with our other doctor yielded great follicles, but no little miracle. We started to become stressed and anxious. Nothing indicated a reason why we weren’t conceiving. Within our first two appointments with Dr. Kiltz, he and his amazing staff found an error that wasn’t caught the year before. Our explained infertility became a male factor. Which led to further testing. I can’t thank CNY enough for locating a result that was missed for an entire year. He has given us our hope back and we can’t wait to continue this journey with him guiding us. We trust him completely.
The wait time for a consultation is worth it.
During our consultation, Dr. Kiltz ordered all the blood work and did a transvaginal ultrasound that day. He discovered a natural mature follicle and asked us where we wanted to go from there. He was patient and gave us advice when we asked. He never pushed us to make a decision we weren’t ready to make. We decided to come back the next day to do an IUI. That’s when we discovered our male factor situation. The office immediately set up a consultation with a Urologist and have been in contact with us as we work our way through this new pathway.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marlee)
Marlee is everything I hoped for in someone who is walking alongside us during this journey. She is kind, funny, caring and extremely knowledgeable. When we first realized the year long error of another office, Marlee was beyond compassionate. I felt like she was a close friend who was going through the emotions with us. Every time I have called or emailed, she has responded promptly and seemed to remember everything from the last visit with ease. I feel extremely fortunate to have Marlee as our nurse for our extremely rare and unexpected journey.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The space was clean, calming and had an inviting atmosphere. It almost felt like I was on vacation at a spa. Every member of the staff was kind and compassionate towards us. I enjoyed the selection of books to read while in the waiting room and the beautiful consultation room.
Currently our costs are limited.
Rochester
Dr Kiltz is intense. Extremely passionate about his job, uses foul language (which I appreciate) and is extremely knowledgeable. He enjoys educating as well as providing treatment and that is so important. I love that he wants to heal our bodies and not only though Western medicine. He isn't using IVF as a bandaid, he tries to fix why we aren't getting pregnant in the first place, but is honest when a lesser invasive treatment isn't a good option.
The atmosphere is amazing, it's like a spa rather than a doctors office. They [CNY Fertility] are so high volume they may need a way to see more patients a day with less of a wait time in the lobby. That is where I feel the most anxiety.... although I am one of many being treated at CNY, I do not feel like I am being bearded like cattle or unimportant.... The people who answer the phones tend to be rushed and not very kind. Frankly they are intimidating.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He can be intense so prepare for that.
While there practice is extremely high volume and I don't expect Kiltz to remember me specifically every time he sees me, he is very passionate about his role and respects that everyone is an individual and is different, although I am one of many being treated at CNY, I do not feel like I am being bearded like cattle or unimportant.
So far I've only had a salpingectomy. It's very scary removing something so vital in making a baby, but in my case it needed to be done for my best chance of IVF success and why that is was explained to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace Michel )
I absolutely love Grace. She is kind and encouraging. The people who answer the phones tend to be rushed and not very kind. Frankly they are intimidating.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The atmosphere is amazing, it's like a spa rather than a doctors office. They are so high volume they may need a way to see more patients a day with less of a wait time in the lobby. That is where I feel the most anxiety.
We are self pay because we have Tricare so our costs before PGS testing and not including our meds will be $4,500.
I think eSET is the best choice in a lot of circumstances. Transferring more embryos doesn't always mean you have a better chance of a safe pregnancy and live birth.
Syracuse
Dr. Kiltz is very personable. He is dedicated. He answers personal phone calls and emails anytime of the day. He is phenomenal! ... He is friendly with the spouses and makes them feel comfortable as well. He has a warm personality and truly wants to make your dream of being parents come true! ... He also tries to make infertility treatments affordable.
I would want others to know that this clinic is very busy and that patients are coming to them from all over the world for treatment due to the cost. Please be mindful, they handle your messages on a day by day basis. ... I live in Virginia and only travel to this clinic for retrievals or transfers. I monitor in Virginia. My results are sent directly to Dr. Kiltz.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very dedicated to ensuring to explore the best options and protocols that he believes will benefit his patients. He also tries to make infertility treatments affordable. He is personable and comes out of his way to check on you and your well being. He is friendly with the spouses and makes them feel comfortable as well. He has a warm personality and truly wants to make your dream of being parents come true!
I would give a prospective patient the advice that Dr. Kiltz is a very busy person but he always follow through.
The first retrieval in July 2018, we did 225 Gonal/75 Menopur. I have PCOS so 12 eggs were retrieved and only 4 of those were mature. We ended up with zero embryos. The second retrieval in November 2018, we did 300 Gonal/150 Menopur. I had 15 eggs and out of those 12 were mature. We ended up getting 2 embryos frozen on day 3. I believe with the advice of Dr. Kiltz and his education on supplements and human growth hormone, Keto dieting, this truly helped my egg quality. We have male factor so even though we had 12 mature, only 2 could be fertilized as my husband has low morphology/motility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca Kurtz)
My travel team nurse Rebecca communicated alot with me about my monitoring reports and instructions for medications during my transfer cycle. She was very helpful and handled calling in my prescriptions to the pharmacy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My retrievals were $3,900 each. Transfers are $250 each within the first year of retrieval.
Due to the quanity of frozen embryos, he suggested we only transfer 1 at a time.