4.6

Robert Kiltz works at

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

He [Dr. Kiltz] had great bedside manner, but I rarely saw him and almost never actually spoke to him. And at one transfer he kept us waiting for nearly 2 hours after acupuncture, which seemed to negate the purpose of the acupuncture... The first transfer was very straight forward with most meds typical for IVF. The second transfer after the miscarriage they added provera when my lining was too thick for 5 months. Then they added low dose naltrexone
When you go to a clinic that is out of town, it can be very hard to get proper communication and advocacy for you, so you really have to advocate for yourself. The clinic [CNY] is extremely clean and relaxing with a lot of options for care. The staff is caring and seems to care about your success...There were a few times that I had to request a med refill more than once because they failed to send it the first time I asked.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He had great bedside manner, but I rarely saw him and almost never actually spoke to him. And at one transfer he kept us waiting for nearly 2 hours after acupuncture, which seemed to negate the purpose of the acupuncture
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to call a lot and ask a ton of questions. Ask for things to be over-explained and write it down.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
They genuinely cared about what I was going through and worked to explain things well
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The first transfer was very straight forward with most meds typical for IVF. The second transfer after the miscarriage they added provera when my lining was too thick for 5 months. Then they added low dose naltrexone when I finally went for the transfer and they added intralipids prior to transfer. This pregnancy lasted longer, but still ended in miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Sometimes it took a little too long to get answers, but for the most part they were extremely knowledgeable, caring, and very helpful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you go to a clinic that is out of town, it can be very hard to get proper communication and advocacy for you, so you really have to advocate for yourself. The clinic is extremely clean and relaxing with a lot of options for care. The staff is caring and seems to care about your success
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
You have to schedule them with your doctor in your area. They just provided the orders
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
3,900 for the IVF including the fresh transfer and the first year of storage. $250 for each transfer in the first year. Meds not covered at all, for the retrieval and first transfer meds were $3,500 for me. Storage fees are $350/yr after the first year.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
When I chose to do a single transfer he was very encouraged and told me that I had a higher chance for success with one. But he would have done either way if I had chosen.

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge.... He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?"
The nursing staff [CNY] was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge. The whole experience was so posititve that we were really sad to here he didn't do OB and we had to find an OB after we were 12 weeks pregnant. He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?" He offers free yoga for fertility, free webinars and support groups, and even hosts a yearly event at our local zoo-for free! He really knows what he is doing. He is smart, caring, compassionate, and will do everything in his power to help you achieve your goals. It was a really great experience!
Sometimes he can get really excited about a new diet he is recommending or similar life style changes. Take it with a grain of salt and know he is just trying to help you succeed.
Dr Kiltz knew me by name and was interested in what was going on in my life. He took the time to get to know me and my partner and he treated me with compassion and kindness
I told him I didn't want to have a bunch of extra embryos after our first transfer and that I didn't want to be heavily medicated. He had the perfect solution. We did a very conservative IVF cycle with minimal medication and we got the outcome we desired. He knew exactly what to do and what I needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean, welcoming, clinic. feels like you are entering a resort rather than a doctors office. The ambience is spot on with beautiful and comfortable furnishings and a nicebig fireplace. The staff are so kind and welcoming. They mkae you feel loved and respected and I highly recommend them!
The clinic is VERY busy so I didn't always have the best timed appointments, but fair enough. I usually had to wait a bit in the waiting room to be seen but they do their best to see you as quickly as possible.
between $8,000-$10,000 for one round of IUI and one round of fresh IvF cycle. The IVF is around $3,900 but the meds cost $2,000-$4,000.
I wouldn't say he had a strong preference for how many embryos transfered. With my age, he recommended two and we had twins! We were happy!

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I feel he [Dr. Kiltz] was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.... I think he gave me the best options that I was ready for right now, will most likely be moving on to more advanced treatment in the next couple months if we have no luck. I believe it will be easier to tell his involvement then as now there’s not a lot he can do with us trying the fertility medications along with monitoring.
Sometimes long wait times [at CNY] even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Gather all of your questions for the consultation so he can give you the most informed options for you.
I feel he was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses I’ve encountered for monitoring, blood work ultrasounds have been friendly and made the process easy and answered all questions I had while there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Sometimes long wait times even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range. Otherwise your left to google the results and hope you come up with the right answer. I’d prefer either a description on the portal or a quick phone call letting me know the results.
Unfortunately our insurance doesn’t cover anything towards fertility or the testing. We haven’t gone to far in to the advanced treatments yet but they did offer a financial team to help if needed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Would just like the results of blood work each time not just posted in portal because it is hard to interpret without a description or chart of where levels should be
Syracuse

I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best....My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily
The clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low.... At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Before meeting Dr. Kiltz I would watch his "fireside chats" that he has on facebook live every Sunday. I immediately gathered that he really cares about the work he is doing as most doctors do not give up an hour of their Sunday to answer questions from patients. When finally meeting Dr. Kiltz in person for my first embryo transfer he was very warm and pleasant. A right down to business kind of man. He seemed very confident and it comforted me how confident he was. The transfer that he did failed, but I believe it was not attributed to anything with Dr. Kiltz. My experience with his has been good, and I believe he puts his heart into making people's dreams come true.
I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best. Don't fear being judged or scolded, use your voice!
Interaction with the Nurse Practitioners in the facility is always pleasant and personal. At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at. Instead there is a call center in a neutral location so you can never get any of the physicians on the phone for questions. This leads to many communication breakdowns, and luckily I am a nurse so my knowledge keeps me afloat throughout this process.
My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg daily, Metformin 1500mg daily. I was on an auto-immune protocol so that is the reason for the antibiotic, steroid, and Naltrexone. The Metformin in for my PCOS. I triggered with Lupron to also avoid OHSS. This protocol did not stimulate my ovaries as hoped and only 8 eggs were retrieved, with 5 embryos being produced, and 2 embryos making it to blasts. I did a fresh embryo transfer after the retrieval, producing a chemical pregnancy. We transferred our last embryo 11 days ago, and I received the negative hCG today. My protocol for the frozen transfer was Estrace 2mg twice daily, Prednisone 10mg twice daily, LDN 3mg daily, Neupogen 60mcg daily, Aspirin 81mg daily, Prograf 0,5mg daily, Lovenox 60mg daily, Endometrin 300mg vaginal daily, Progesterone in oil 50mg IM daily. This transfer was not successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very busy, but they always take the time to answer any questions you have. The are very skilled in their areas of expertise such as trans-vaginal ultrasounds, lab draws, protocol explanation. The seem to understand that we are all going through incredibly difficult situations, and work to make a calm yet efficient environment to get the job done.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low. The waiting room can get very busy, but there is plenty of comfortable, private seating and multiple restrooms. The lobby has hot tea and reading material. I always feel very comfortable going to the clinic. The wellness/spa side of the clinic is in fact a full spa with all of the amenities. I would highly recommend utilizing the spa services during your treatments. Utilize everything they offer to calm yourself during this experience!
The egg retrieval is $3900, on site monitoring is $825. Fresh transfer is included and frozen transfer is $250 with $700 on site monitoring fee. Intralipid infusion $100+meds. hCG intrauterine wash per transfer $100+meds. All medications are a separate cost through a specialty pharmacy.
Due to my age and no previous failed transfers we only had the option of doing a single embryo transfer. I intend to push for a multiple embryo transfer if our next retrieval yields enough embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
With both my first and second failed embryo transfers I received a phone call saying it was negative and to stop all medications. If I wasn't a nurse and did not know better, you are not supposed to stop Prednisone or steroids "cold turkey". I just worry for patients who do not have this knowledge and may abruptly stop this medication. Another moment of miscommunication was with our first embryo transfer. The emryologist came into the room and showed us 5-5 day embryos that we had. She mentioned they would push 3 of them to day 6 and I asked that they freeze all as I would rather transfer down the road and give them a chance to grow in the uterus. Dr. kiltz agreed and told the embryologist "put them on ice". My husband and I were happy knowing we had 4 embryos left after this transfer. A couple days later i get a report in my patient portal that 3 embryos had been discarded due to not thriving as they would like, and we had one left. I panicked and emailed the embryologist. They replied stating I must have misunderstood Dr. Kiltz. I was devastated and felt like 3 of my children had just been "discarded".
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is very nice and an amazing doctor. He called my husband and me after our second embryo transfer cycle failed. He showed compassion towards us. He fully explained the process during the call, but at that point it was too late. My husband and I were extremely hurt and had so many unanswered questions. We asked if tests could be ran to see why the cycles failed.... After the first cycle failed, the doctor advised us to transfer the last two embryos for the second cycle.
During my first embryo transfer in January, I was treated like a queen. My experience at the clinic [CNY] was like none other. When I came back in March for the second embryo transfer, I definitely felt like a number.... As it was told to me, "something happened" to one of our embryos during the freezing process. I have no idea what happened. All I know is that we were left with two embryos after the first transfer, and we were told that they were going to get us a baby either way. Needless to say, both cycles failed and still no baby.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very nice and an amazing doctor. He called my husband and me after our second embryo transfer cycle failed. He showed compassion towards us. He fully explained the process during the call, but at that point it was too late. My husband and I were extremely hurt and had so many unanswered questions. We asked if tests could be ran to see why the cycles failed. I recommended fertility patients need to go through counseling prior to starting treatment because no one can prepare patients for any mental effects it may cause. This process affected me mentally. Months later I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder.
PLEASE SEEK COUNSELING!!! This is an extremely hard process!
During my first embryo transfer in January, I was treated like a queen. My experience at the clinic was like none other. When I came back in March for the second embryo transfer, I definitely felt like a number. So many people are learning about CNY because of the cost, so a lot of people are going there. Dr. Kiltz is an amazing doctor. However, I feel as if the process was rushed the second time, and when the cycle failed my husband and I were left with a lot of unanswered questions. We are interested in trying again, but we are also afraid because we do not know what the problem is. We do not know if there is an issue with my uterus, embryo quality, sperm quality, etc.
o Desogen 1 Pack, Take 1 tablet by mouth daily until instructed to stop. o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) 4.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth daily at bed time o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Cleocin Vaginal Ovules 100 mg, Insert 1 suppository vaginally at bedtime o Endometrin 100 mg, 1 tablet vaginally twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly once daily Before starting second cycle: 1) When you start your period, have an HSG (hysterosalpingogram) sometime between CD 5-12. An order for this has been uploaded fo your patient portal. 2) Complete an endometrial scratch between cycle days CD# 20-22. An order for this has been uploaded to your patient portal. 3) Call the office when you start your period AFTER the HSG and scratch are done. At this time, we will give you an order for baselines, call you once the results are received, and provide instructions on when to start the FET preparation medications (estrace, etc.) 4) Complete an Intralipid Infusion when you start your estrace, then repeat the day prior to FET with an HCG wash, then weekly. I have ordered the Intralipids and the HCG wash to Integrity for you. We will provide you orders for the Intralipid Infusion once we have dates (which we'll know once you start the period after the HSG and scratch.) 5) Start Neupogen injections when you start your estrace--this medication and the appropriate syringes have been ordered to Integrity for you and we'll provide you further instructions after your baseline. 6) Start Prograf 2 days prior to your FET. This has been ordered to Integrity for you. 7) Start Lovenox and Baby Aspirin when you start your estrace. The Lovenox has been ordered to Integrity and the Baby Aspirin (81mg) can be purchased over the counter. 6) Start plaquenil 200mg twice daily now. Then, stop it once you start estrace so that you can switch to Prograf. 7) Continue LDN 4.5 mg each night at bedtime. o Neupogen 300 mcg, Inject 60 mcg (0.2ml) subcutaneously once daily as directed o Lovenox 30 mg, Inject (1) prefilled 30 mg syringe subcutaneously once daily o hCG- Uterine Wash 500 IU, Intrauterine wash- in office as directed AT 10AM o Intralipids 20 %, 100 ml bag- Infuse 100ml as directed- 10AM
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elisabeth Sudik)
Elisabeth was good about informing me on what I need to do through the process. She was very responsive when I emailed her or called.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Providing affordable treatment plans is definitely a strength. In my opinion, me being treated like a number during the second cycle and being left with so many unanswered questions are weaknesses. I am glad that they now offer counseling services. A healthy mental state is strongly advised for such a process.
Affordable
Yes, we were educated. Five eggs were retrieved but only four embryos were formed. We had one embryo to be transferred for the first cycle. "Something happened" to one of the embryos during the freezing process, so we were left with two. After the first cycle failed, the doctor advised us to transfer the last two embryos for the second cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
As it was told to me, "something happened" to one of our embryos during the freezing process. I have no idea what happened. All I know is that we were left with two embryos after the first transfer, and we were told that they were going to get us a baby either way. Needless to say, both cycles failed and still no baby. My husband and I asked if tests could be ran so we can perhaps determine why the embryos did not stick, but no tests were ordered. Instead, we were asked if we would be willing to try again.
Syracuse

We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF...we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that...Be prepared for a LOT of energy--Dr. Kiltz runs on keto and coffee! Also, be prepared to try the keto diet/lifestyle...it truly has helped my husband and I...We did 3 different IUI cycles (none resulted in pregnancy). And we did one fresh embryo day 5 transfer, which at the moment I AM pregnant! The IVF they called a "mini" IVF because they didn't put as many medications into me.
The reception staff [at CNY Fertility Center] are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you...Well-oiled machine here. You may have to wait a couple hours, but they will try to get you in as soon as possible...just be patient (bring a book and fully-charged phone).
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF. Dr. Corley did my egg retrieval (Dr. Corley also did my HSG test) and then Dr. Kiltz we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that. Overall, I love BOTH Dr. Kiltz and Dr. Corley--you can't go wrong with either, honestly.
Everyone at the office is always kind and helpful (always willing to answer any questions) and take their time with you if you ask for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses at CNY Syracuse are amazing. Sometimes, they are very rushed though, so remember to have your questions ready to ask!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The reception staff are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you.
After reading about other clinics--this is the place to go if you want real affordable health care.
Dr. Kiltz recommended a single embryo transfer for us because of my age (I'm 29) and because it was my first ever transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
One time they changed my protocaol without me knowing (thankfully I logged into my portal)...they had forgotten to keep the prednisone on my list of meds to take, so I ended up calling them and they confirmed that I still needed to take the steroid. Also, a different time they ordered a medication with latex in it and I'm allergic to latex, so the pharmacy (Freedom Pharmacy) caught it and then the doctor had to approve a different meditation without latex.
Syracuse

strategy for my embryo transfer [with Dr. Kiltz] was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks...I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
Being a large practice [CNY Fertility Center], I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection...Sometimes it is difficult to trust that the staff will be on top of everything because of the high volume of patients, so I felt that I needed to stay on top of everything and double check and question every step of the process.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did my embryo transfer. My appointment was a few hours late because some of his other appointments ran late. My transfer felt very rushed, but he was very pleasant during the procedure. I was hesitant that it would work because of how quick it was, but I did get a positive pregnancy test.
Make sure that you ask questions and double check everything because this practice sees a large volume of clients and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
This practice sees a large volume of clients, and they are very busy. I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
My strategy for my embryo transfer was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks. I also had a previous ERA done, so for this protocol, an extra day of progesterone before transfer was added (6 days).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Being a large practice, I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice. It feels more like a spa than a medical clinic. The only weakness I would say is that sometimes the appointments run late because they see such a high volume. The atmosphere is very peaceful and clean.
Embryo transfers scheduled within one year of an egg retrieval were $250, so that was very reasonable. The fee for outside monitoring was $150. The medications for this one embryo transfer were around $200, but insurance covered most of them.
Syracuse

[Dr. Kiltz is] incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those...We have had 2 FET with Dr. Kiltz and both times we asked to transfer two embryos which he agreed to...is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
The [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc...We have spent around $10,000 including IVF, monitoring, medications, and FET which is significantly less than what we paid at our first clinic...Since CNY offers a low cost IVF cycle they are incredibly busy. I have found that the more active an advocate for myself the more feedback I get. They are always willing to answer my questions and to take the time to explain anything I might not understand. Although, this was our second round of IVF (first with CNY) I was already familiar with the general "process".
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very engaging and passionate. He listens and is willing to "think out of the box" with treatments. We found him after our first round of IVF resulted in zero live births. That clinic was unwilling to try different treatments or protocols for a FET. Dr. Kiltz adjusted my FET protocol after the first one failed.
He's incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those.
Dr. Kiltz is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
We did down regulation with BC followed by 9 days of stims. Included in CNY's low cost IVF cycle is ICSI which is part of the reason I believe we ended up with so many embryos (14 total).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it)
This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.... It's comfortable. It's relaxing. I was a little confused at the end about billing, but they are totally willing to answer questions. Some people have told me that the wait would be long, but we never had to wait more than 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it) and would make sure I was healthy before we did retrieval. After surgery, he explained to my husband that it was a "war zone" in there, and he now understood why we were concerned. He still saw no reason as to why IVF would not work for us.
Take the Keto info with a grain of salt. Do not let it derail you. Yes, it can be done, and yes, there will be benefits, but it is *not* for everyone. I need it to manage my inflammation due to endometriosis. But it should not be how you are judged. You can cut carbs and get similar results. :) He knows his R.E. area, and he is very supportive once in there.
He was explaining the surgery to me, and I started to get upset, and he came over, sat next to me, held my hands, and whispered that it would be okay, we would come through this, we would have a baby. But first, the surgery needed to take place so I could be healthy enough for that baby. He said he would do everything possible to keep my ovaries, and in the end, he did.
July: Myomectomy, Hysteroscopy, Cystectomy to treat Endometriosis Stage IV and scar tissue from drained cyst in December. Late July: 11.25mg leuprolide to keep endo at bay while I heal from surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was very informative. She wasn't touchy-feely, but she was able to answer all of our questions, and deal with me being a complete emotional wreck. She also helped us understand the keto lifestyle's benefits and drawbacks. Danielle was able to draw my blood, though I rarely have good veins. She was in and out in a pinch, which was fantastic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Insurance covered my costs.
He mentioned while prepping for surgery we would probably want to try for one due to the severity of my endo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My husband had to get bloodwork done, and though I was told I'd receive a call, I had to take the initiative. This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.
Syracuse

First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him... I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally...After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP.
[The nurses at CNY had] Long fake fingernails. Did not monitor me very closely after egg retrieval (was frequently out of the room and left me alone). Had zero compassion for the fact that I just wasted thousands of dollars to get no eggs. Still handed me card with my embryologist's name and instructions for transfer meds and betas after getting no eggs at retrieval...I have experienced just about every minor inconvenience a person could have experienced with this clinic, but chalked it up to it being a large clinic. It was really the last egg retrieval and the fact that the cycle was even allowed to start that made me extremely dissatisfied with this clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I kind of explained it all when I talked about not feeling like a human. I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally.
Don't do it. Save your money and go to a real fertility clinic. The more I think about it, the more dangerous a place CNY seems to me. People come there desperate. People come there and spend every last dime they have. This place does not care at all about your safety or emotional wellbeing. It is almost like they take advantage of people in their desperation.
First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him. After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP. She set the appointment, but she didn't call at our appointed time. After sending several more calls and emails, I finally got a follow up with the NP. She suggested that I do a mini-IVF moving forward. I voiced concerns that I had not had success with those in the past. She said it would be better this time because I had been on Omnitrope and would take menopur during the cycle. I reluctantly agreed. She did say that she wanted to make sure I was "suppressed" when I started the cycle. I had my baseline. I had several follicles over 10 mm and an LH of over 11. I was prepared to have to wait until next cycle. A nurse called me and told me to start my meds. I expressed concern. She said she would contact the NP who made my protocol. She called back and said she couldn't get ahold of that NP but she talked to another "provider" and it was ok to start. I got to the "egg retrieval". I was left several times alone in the OR before and after the procedure (including post anesthesia). The OR was cluttered and dusty. The nurse taking care of me had long, fake fingernails. The anesthesiologist did not wear a cap over his hair piece. A speculum was inserted while I was still awake but without warning me that they were inserting a speculum. I remember being concerned that they were going to start before I was asleep so I told them I was still awake. I then went to sleep. When I woke up, I was told that they got no eggs. I only had cysts. I again said that this cycle should have never been started because I had 14mm follicles at base line. The Dr. (Dr. Corley) said it was fine for them to have started me with such big follicles. I was charged my new payment plan amount that included both cycles with CNY three days later, even though I had signed a contract stating that the new higher amount would begin in the following month.
First cycle: Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, max dose of gonal F/menopur, cetrotide, 5 mg Predisone, Tacrolimus, Cleocin, Z-pack, IM and vaginal progesterone, vaginal estrodial. Rationale: DOR, Results: 1 embryo, no pregnancy Second cycle: Letrozole, Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, 225 gonal F, menopur, ganirelix, 10 mg prednisone. Rationale: If a lot of meds only make 1 egg, why not sped less money to only make 1-2 eggs. Results: painful cysts, no eggs
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic's strengths are that they are really cheap. Plus they see so many patients that someone has to get pregnant at some point, so maybe a new patient might win that lottery. Weaknesses: Not compassionate, knowledgeable or safe
Cycles are $3900 plus monitoring plus meds.
Syracuse

Dr kiltz is knowledgeable and he cares about the patient.... He gave us his cell number to call him or message him. It does take a while sometimes to hear back as he has a lot of patients. It can be confusing as the nurses run most of the show... He came in to speak with me multiple times retrieval day and after he knew I was nervous to get no mature eggs and did everything to assure me we would figure it out and had embryology call me 3 times day of retrieval to check to see if any matured in the lab post retrieval unfortunately none did but he was so kind
Being a travel pt is hard but worth it for the right care. It's affordable at cny that's the main reason but they treated us more like s human then the other clinics in Canada did. I think the donor team at cny needs some improvements. There has been some communication troubles and their donor website isn't very well organized. I think overall if you are a seasoned infertility warrior and know your stuff this clinic is a great affordable option.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr kiltz is knowledgeable and he cares about the patient. He offered discounts and another round of ivf only having to pay anesthesia fee for retrieval due to getting not mature eggs. However knowing that we got over 25 eggs between 2 retrieval sand different protocols donor eggs would be the best option. He gave us his cell number to call him or message him. It does take a while sometimes to hear back as he has a lot of patients. It can be confusing as the nurses run most of the show but nurse kris in buffalo is amazing lines can get crossed especially if your a travel patient but they are pretty good at accommodating all questions and needs. I did feel like I had to be an avocation for myself as my situation was rare. Overall dr kiltz cares I wish he had less patients so he had more time with patients, but then again I'm glad he is helping so many people.
Be an advocate for yourself ask questions especially if you are going to the clinic after a previous ivf failure.
We had no mature eggs our first round with another doctor so when we went to dr kiltz I had done some research about Lipton down regulated protocol being used in poor responders and with immature eggs. He agreed and also put us on a hgh prime for a month prior and during stims to help eggs. Also double triggered to help with immature eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris)
Kris had no weaknesses in my opinion she runs the Buffalo office and was amazing from start to finish also gave me her personal email and I still msg to ask questions even tho she isn't on the donor team there
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It's very affordable even with the exchange rate. When we got not mature eggs he offered to do a free ivf retrieval only paying for the anesthesia
I haven't got to transfer as we had no embryos so moving to donor eggs this is something to dicuss
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. Kiltz, as busy as he is, has spent time with us during the consultation to address our concerns, and has picked up his personal cell phone to take my call. He is compassionate and seems to genuinely care.... While some of his methods and philosophies are unconventional, I find that I can take away some nuggets of truth from his advice and recommendations, even though not all of it (i.e. his extreme Keto diet) is for me. I have seen Dr. Kiltz at every visit to CNY (three to date), and he spent significant time with us on two of the three visits.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is amazingly positive and encourages us to have faith, while acknowledging that this process is difficult. He listens to all of our concerns and always offers his opinion. While some of his methods and philosophies are unconventional, I find that I can take away some nuggets of truth from his advice and recommendations, even though not all of it (i.e. his extreme Keto diet) is for me. I have seen Dr. Kiltz at every visit to CNY (three to date), and he spent significant time with us on two of the three visits. Dr. Klitz and CNY Fertility is well-known for offering affordable fertility treatments, as well as cutting-edge approaches. I feel fortunate to have found CNY fertility, as some of these new and innovative approaches are not available in my home state. I also believe that Dr. Kiltz works very hard to keep treatment affordable and accessible for as many patients as possible.
Pay attention to your treatment plan. Do your own research. Read about the treatment options. Be prepared to advocate for yourself. CNY Fertility is really busy as the volume of patients continues to grow. Don't hesitate to call and ask questions.
Primed with Omnitrope and Low Dose Naltrexone; First stim/retrieval: 450 IU Gonal/150 IU Menopur; DuoStim/Second stim/retrieval: 150 Gonal/150 Menopur/10 mg Letrozole Rationale: DOR, Fragile X carrier, low AMH/high FSH, poor responder to first round, so the meds/approach was adjusted for second retrieval. First retrieval resulted in 0 eggs/second retrieval resulted in 3 eggs, 1 frozen day 6 4AA embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
For the most part, my experience with CNY's nursing staff has been overwhelmingly positive and they have been so helpful and informative. The exception being one nurse who called me right before my second retrieval to tell me that the odds were against me, all of my follicles were likely cysts, and discouraged me from going through with the retrieval. I'm very thankful I called for a second opinion and checked in with Dr. Kiltz, because the retrieval resulted in 3 eggs (from 3 follicles, none were cysts) and 1 grade 4 AA embryo that we were able to freeze on day 6.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: compassion, affordability, availability of new and cutting-edge treatment options Weakness: keeping up with volume of patients means that some may fall through the cracks; patients should be prepared to advocate for themselves
Egg retrieval: $4050.00 (includes 150.00 fee for outside monitoring for travel patients); Intra-ovarian prp injections: 300.00 as an add-on to egg retrieval procedure; meds - approximately $5,000.00
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just minor - I had to ask multiple times for a detailed meds list from CNY after my consult. There were some discrepancies in my meds list and what had been sent to the pharmacy. I was able to clear it up.
Syracuse

You have to be your own Advocate and follow up on everything!!! again I think this is because they [CNY Fertility] have such a huge clientele and they are overwhelmed. They genuinely seem to care about their patients although I feel like the nurses should be on the same page. Sometimes you can call in the same day and get a different opinion depending on who you speak to you and that makes me very nervous when protocol gets changed. I feel like the only person that should be setting protocols are the doctors.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Robert kiltz is a very loving and caring man who really seems to want what's best for his patients and he really wants to help them make a baby however with that said, I feel like he is extremely overwhelmed and takes on too many clients and because of that I feel like he is just spread too thin. there have been times when I have sent him a text message and he responds immediately and other times when he never responds. I am assuming this because so many people contact him and he's just overwhelmed trying to help everyone. He's only one person. But he does have the biggest heart and he seems very genuine about helping people and making it affordable!
He's a great man but you have to stay right on him because he is so busy!
He's very big on keto and the immune protocol!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
it depends on the nurse that you get. Some nurses were absolutely amazing while other nurses didn't see him as invested in my journey.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
You have to be your own Advocate and follow up on everything!!! again I think this is because they have such a huge clientele and they are overwhelmed. They genuinely seem to care about their patients although I feel like the nurses should be on the same page. Sometimes you can call in the same day and get a different opinion depending on who you speak to you and that makes me very nervous when protocol gets changed. I feel like the only person that should be setting protocols are the doctors. The nurses have too much room to move things around in my opinion
$9,000 for six donor embryos And of course other fees
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I just have to be on top of everything and be my own Advocate as some nurses tell you different things and it's very conflicting as to what the appropriate thing to do is
Latham

I have never had a doctor that I could personally text with concerns and have him call me back 10 minutes later. I am so grateful for his out of the box thinking and not being afraid to try new things. ... I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
I go to the buffalo office [CNY Fertility] and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He does everything in his power to help you.
I’ve had two miscarriages and lost one son at birth due to birth defects and not having kidneys. I was originally going to go back to my original clinic (not CNY), but my doctor wanted me to go back on clomid with an IUI (how I got pregnant with my son.). Regardless of what caused my son’s birth defects, I was adamant about not going back on clomid, and my doctor was not listening to my concerns. I was dismissed and told I just “have bad luck.” I texted dr kiltz and he personally called me back ten minutes later to come up with a plan. He listened to my concerns and knowing I have lupus compiled a plan we both agreed on. We are now in our first cycle using injectables, iui and an immune protocol. I’m so grateful for dr kiltz, the buffalo office, and being able to start so quickly.
I have had two miscarriages and a son lost at birth to birth defects. I also have autoimmune disease with lupus and known inflammation in my body. We decided on femara, follistim, iui with the immune protocol with intralipid infusions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris, buffalo’s NP and Carrie an RN in buffalo are wonderful!)
I go to the buffalo office and everyone I have come in contact with are kind and compassionate. Kris the NP is wonderful, and listens to everything you have to say. I’ve always gotten a response to every message I send the same day. Carrie, RN has been doing my intralipid infusions and is so helpful. It’s hard for me to “let go” and not be in control of things, but the girls in Buffalo make it easy.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes awhile for an initial consult and it can get confusing if you don’t know who to call in the beginning. Once I met my treatment team and spoke to dr kiltz the plan was in place and in motion by the time my next cycle started.
Too early to know, I have not had to speak with finance yet.
We are currently doing iui
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their [CNY Fertility] best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. ... Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation.
The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. ... CNY offers such a great cost for IVF, which includes freezing embryos for up to 1 year for $3900, which does not include medications of course. In comparison, most other places offer IVF starting at $8,000 at least.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz does a lot for his patients. We have had multiple calls with him and they have tried their best to help us out. We are from TX and it is difficult to arrange implantation and extraction, but they work with you every step of the way as much as they can. They are big on atmosphere, and it feels like a Spa, not a medical clinic... in a good way. Welcoming and friendly.
Be realistic with your own expectations and what the potential outcomes could be. IVF is a gamble, simple as that... They are great, but there are chances multiple procedures could still not work.
Dr. Kiltz himself does a lot for patients. He wakes up early to take calls, stays late to take calls, and does extra things such as "fireside chats". At the office they are nice overall, however at times you can feel like a number as there are so many.
I used both injectibles, steroids to help decrease inflammation and many other medications to help decrease inflammation in general, especially abdominal inflammation. They also offer lipid infusions before implantation as well, which I did not do this past IVF, but may do in the future. CNY also offers accupuncture to help destress during implantation and retrieval, which I did do, and was stress-relieving. I had 2 implanted embryos, which were A graded embryos, but my IVF was not successful. Dr. Kiltz also really recommends the Keto diet: his Keto diet is even stricter: eggs, bacon, beef and butter, which is supposed to help decrease inflammation. I was not on the Keto diet during my first IVF implantation, but plan to Keto for my second.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff overall was very nice and understanding. It is a larger clinic, but for a larger clinic, the nurses and staff do a pretty good job welcoming people who come from all different states to have IVF performed at CNY.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has a nice spa-like feel and this reflects Dr. Kiltz's belief in de-stressing and providing a relaxing environment to help with IVF and IUI. The clinic offers many different avenues that many other clinics do not: accupuncture, yoga, lipid transfusions, which is unique and very cool if you live in NY to take advantage of all of these. Weaknesses may be that CNY sees alot of patients and patients who would like to really get the know the nurses/staff may not get this rapport at CNY. But overall they do a great job for being such a big clinic and for the great price that they offer for IVF.
Dr. Kiltz allowed me to transfer 2 embryos. I am not sure if he allows some patients to transfer more than that, but he is very understanding regarding patients and their individual situation.
Syracuse

My consultation with Dr. Kiltz was a bit rocky. Again, the office is very busy, so he is pressed for time and I felt the call was a bit rushed/blunt. But once in Syracuse, my husband and I felt he spent quality time with us - he was warm and attentive. Just know, you are interacting the majority time with the nurse staff. Dr. Kiltz performed my retrieval and transfer.
The clinic [CNY Fertility] is very busy - they are successful and offer generous pricing, so this was expected. It was easy to get lost, no communication or missed medication orders, but I really feel that connecting with one particular nurse made the difference. ... I really appreciate the integration of Eastern Medicine, spa-like relaxed office, attention to immunology. ...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz really does care. Don't be overwhelmed by the keto recommendations, and build a relationship with a particular nurse.
The clinic is very busy - they are successful and offer generous pricing, so this was expected. It was easy to get lost, no communication or missed medication orders, but I really feel that connecting with one particular nurse made the difference. Once there, we were treated very well/warmly, and Dr. Kiltz spent quality time with us.
One key part of this process we really appreciated, and one of the main reasons we chose Dr. Kiltz and team, is their inclusion of the immunology protocol/medications. This was greatly appreciated! And of course, they always keep budget in mind. Besides the added immuno drugs, I was on the standard antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine)
My primary nurse, who I actually requested (was not assigned to), is no less than amazing! She would respond quickly, at all hours, always had great feedback and compassion - she is knowledgeable and quick to order medications, get forms signed, whatever is needed. If it weren't for her, my experience would have been very different. The rest of the nurse staff, while warm, was not responsive. I caught mistakes, and often had to manage my own care. They are a very busy office, not for the beginner, as expected.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The facility in Syracuse is lovely. I really appreciate the integration of Eastern Medicine, spa-like relaxed office, attention to immunology. You pretty much have to manage your own care (I was a travel patient), and it was tricky finding local coordinating care (especially when I had to continue with intralipid injections once home). But they do care about the patients and offer wonderful financial help.
I had to monitor locally (travel patient), so I organized my own local office and appointment times.
This is the biggest draw, so amazing! I was able to undergo IVF here for a fraction of the cost I have spent locally. And they try to work with your budget, even on medication recommendations. Plus, they offer wonderful packages. Much appreciated!
Dr. Kiltz likes Day 3 Fresh Transfers for mature women, like myself. We wanted to give this a try, after FETs. He did transfer 3 embryos in my case. I hear he is now transferring 2 at a time (based on feedback/restrictions). He allowed us to be involved in the decision - he recommended 2-3.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Again, they are very busy. Once I started working with one particular nurse, things went more smoothly. You just need to stay on top of appointments, medication orders, paperwork.

2019, Consult
Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. ... He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. ... Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. ... I have only spoke to them over the phone or on the online portal. They have all been helpful and are available at convenient times of day (including after hours and over the weekend) ... $4050 for 1 round of IVF. I paid in full however they do offer financing options. Medications and monitoring sonograms out of state were not included (medication cost was $3434 for 1 round of IVF including egg retrieval and storage for 1 year
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very upbeat and positive. He makes you feel as though you matter and he gives you 100% of his attention. He is very thorough. I look at him as being a "fertility God". All of my friends and family that have seen him have had successful pregnancies. I have only had a consult but I have been following his chats on Facebook for a couple of years now. I will be undergoing egg retrieval at my next cycle.
Be prepared with your questions. Dr kiltz gets very excited about the fertility field and sometimes he talks fast. Also do your research because he will use big terms that you may not be familiar with
Dr Kiltz does live weekly chats where he takes questions from the audience and educates on possible causes and treatments. He gives out his personal cell phone number and is always available to help everyone in need of services. He has no age limit or BMI and does not turn anyone down. He believes everyone deserves the chance to become a parent. Other fertility clinics pick and choose which patients they are going to treat to ensure that their success rates will grow. Dr Kiltz allows equal opportunity to everyone.
I was ordered to have all of my bloodwork along with an HSG test prior to beginning my cycle. HSG test will show if there are any blockages within the fallopian tubes or if you have an irregular shaped uterus. All of my medications were ordered after my consult and were delivered within a couple of days. I am awaiting my menses at which time I will have a baseline sonogram. If all goes well I will then start my medications and begin monitoring sonograms. These sonograms will allow the dr to see how I am responding and adjust my dosages accordingly. Once my follicles reach a certain size I will fly to NY to see Dr kiltz for my egg retrieval. My viable eggs will then be fertilized. Within 3-5 days he will transfer 1 embryo into my uterus and the rest will be cryogenically frozen for later use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My consult was over the phone as I live in florida. However I've heard it is very spa like. Not like a medical facility. Very warm and welcoming. Huge. State of the art technology and utilizes eastern techniques for relaxation and blood flow such as acupuncture and massage
Syracuse

my treatment was mostly managed by the amazing NP in Buffalo, Kris Ziegler. Dr. Kiltz was available to me to ask any additional questions I had during my cycle, and performed my frozen transfer. ... my "only" issue was stage IV endometriosis. I had excision surgery ... Based on my age, and number of embryos, my doctor strongly recommended a single embryo transfer. I did not want to risk a high-risk pregnancy, so I knew a single transfer was the right decision for m...
The nursing staff at CNY Buffalo is great. ... I never left an appointment without a clear idea of what I needed to do until the next appointment. ... There were a few times when appointments were running late especially after holidays ... It is a little inconvenient to travel to Syracuse for egg retrieval and transfer, but the care I received in the Buffalo office more than made up for that. ... The staff remembered me, and knew my story at each monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I was a patient at the Buffalo office which meant my treatment was mostly managed by the amazing NP in Buffalo, Kris Ziegler. Dr. Kiltz was available to me to ask any additional questions I had during my cycle, and performed my frozen transfer.
Ask questions!
The staff at CNY's Buffalo office is fantastic. After my first visit, I was warmly greeted at each appointment by the receptionist without having to give my name. The staff remembered me, and knew my story at each monitoring appointment.
My blood tests indicated that my ovarian reserve was normal, and my "only" issue was stage IV endometriosis. I had excision surgery, and wanted to get pregnant as quickly as I could. IVF was that for me. I stimmed for 9 days using 300 units of gonal-F, and used cetrotide to prevent ovulation. I was on a few anti-inflammatory drugs as well (prednisone and LDN). I triggered with lupron due to my elevated estrogen at the time of trigger to prevent OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at CNY Buffalo is great. Bobbi did my blood draws and injection training and most appointments, and was very kind. I never left an appointment without a clear idea of what I needed to do until the next appointment.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The CNY Buffalo office is fantastic. Every person there will treat you with compassion. There were a few times when appointments were running late especially after holidays, but since I expected them to be extra busy after being closed for a day, I didn't really mind. It is a little inconvenient to travel to Syracuse for egg retrieval and transfer, but the care I received in the Buffalo office more than made up for that.
I was fortunate to have my monitoring appointments and testing covered by insurance. In addition to those appointments, I paid for IVF/ICSI/Embryo Freezing ($3900), FET ($250), and acupuncture at transfer ($70). In total I paid about $200 in copays over the course of my treatment. My meds were generally not covered by insurance, and I paid $2400 at Integrity pharmacy for my retrieval meds.
Based on my age, and number of embryos, my doctor strongly recommended a single embryo transfer. I did not want to risk a high-risk pregnancy, so I knew a single transfer was the right decision for me.
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. Kiltz is the owner and primary doctor at CNY. My retrieval and transfer was performed by another doctor in his practice. I had huge issues with that doctors. I didnt feel human and actually felt like I had to fight to get a fresh transfer that I was medically in line to do. ... Discussed my medical issues and together we decided that k was in fact a good candidate for a fresh transfer. The other doctor was the only doctor available to do the transfer. I eventually got a negative pregnancy test from that transfer. But I feel that Dr. Kiltz cared about my feeling and discussed the medical stand point with me. I feel that he truly cares about his patients and I would recommend him to anyone.
Cny is very busy. You have to proactive about your healthcare. But the nursing and travel team is easy to work with. They will fix their errors without making you feel subpar. They also keep the communication lines very fluid. If you dont understand something they are very easy to contact and get answers.. ... Justine throughly explained how to give myself injections and told me where to find videos and made her self available for any questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is the owner and primary doctor at CNY. My retrieval and transfer was performed by another doctor in his practice. I had huge issues with that doctors. I didnt feel human and actually felt like I had to fight to get a fresh transfer that I was medically in line to do. I was given Dr. Kiltz's cell phone number and I texted him and he called me back promptly. Discussed my medical issues and together we decided that k was in fact a good candidate for a fresh transfer. The other doctor was the only doctor available to do the transfer. I eventually got a negative pregnancy test from that transfer. But I feel that Dr. Kiltz cared about my feeling and discussed the medical stand point with me. I feel that he truly cares about his patients and I would recommend him to anyone.
Make sure you get to see him and not the other doctors at the Albany office.
Dr. Kiltz makes his self personally available to his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine Taylor)
3900 for a complete ivf package
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I failed to get results upload to the portal from my first set of CNY ordered blood tests.
Monroe

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He is great at what he does, but he doesn’t take the time to thoroughly discuss options. He speaks over you and not to you....Dr. Kiltz knows what he’s doing when it comes to retrieval’s and transfers. His bedside manner during a transfer is the best. He’s extremely compassionate. It’s difficult to ask him questions because he is always in a hurry. He’s lucky he has an amazing staff because they are the ones that run the clinic....My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy.
Strengths are they are affordable and staff is very caring and compassionate. Weaknesses are over population of the clinic. There aren’t enough providers for the amount of patients seen at the clinic.... I don’t remember exact costs. There are so many “extras” and your never told the price of the “extras”. Over the past two years I would guesstimate I have given CNY over $50,000... The nursing staff is excellent. The nurses are the ones that run the clinic. I do wish I had been assigned to only single nurse whom I could communicate with throughout treatment, but every nurse is nice.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Know your health history and know everything fertility related. You have to advocate for yourself.
My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy. We miscarried at 14 weeks. My second transfer was a single day 5 embryo that came from my first retrieval. It which resulted in a negative. We recently transferred a single day 3 that came from our second retrieval and were waiting on the results.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Every time I have gone in for beta testing to get my results I have always had to call. No one has ever called with my results. There have been times nursing staff is extremely difficult to contact. When calling you never know which clinic your going to get. I go to the Syracuse clinic and even though I call their phone number I might speak to someone in the Albany office.
Syracuse

I think Dr. Kiltz was very gentle, compassionate with excellent bedside manners. He prayed with us after the transfer. He made us feel very comfortable during this time. He is very high energy but comforting. He answered all questions/concerns we presented.... Originally we wanted to transfer 2 embryos, Dr. Kiltz suggested only transferring 1 embryos. Since it was our first embryo transfer we took Dr. Kiltz' advise and only transferred 1 embryo.
It [CNY Fertility] is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done....Some of the nurses were compassionate and caring and some of the nurses were not.... Weakness is there is a wait to get appointments due to high volume. Strengths are the facility is beautiful and it is a very relaxing atmosphere. It is a calming and peaceful environment in the clinic.... We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be ready to do your own advocating during your treatment as a travel patient.
It is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done.
Progesterone vaginal suppositories 100mg in morning and 200mg nightly, estrace 2mg po BID, synthroid 25mcg po qAM, prednisone 5mg po BID, prograf 0.5mg po BID, Zithromax 500mg po X 1day then 250mg po X 4 days, cetrotide 0.25mg , low dose naltrexone 3mg po nightly, progesterone in oil 100mg IM nightly, gonal F 300IU subcutaneous nightly, HCG-LH 10IU subcutaneous nightly, prenatal vitamin 1 tablet po qAM
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
$3,000 meds $3,900 egg retrieval $250 frozen embryo transfer $1,300 hotel $2,200 flights

2015 - 2019, Unsuccessful
It’s hard to get one to one attention with Dr Kiltz himself. I mostly talked to RNs... After finding out at my husband is infertile, we decided to try IUI with donated sperm. I have tried 7 IUIs. The first was natural, and the others I used prespcriptions.... Dr. Kiltz suggested exploratory surgery to see if I had endometriosis. During the surgery he did remove some endometriosis and diagnosed me with chronic inflammation. He told me to try the Keto Diet and go on LDN.
This clinic [CNY Fertility] has a lot of things to offer including fertility treatments, yoga, massage, acupuncture, etc. The environment is very relaxing and welcoming. I like the Rochester office the best so far because it is very homey and everyone is very nice.... The nursing staff is great. Very informative, helpful and really put you at ease.... It’s hard to get one to one attention with Dr Kiltz himself. I mostly talked to RNs
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable and a good communicator. He is also very personable. I have only met with him a couple of times. Last time we spoke was on the phone. Dr Kiltz also did my IVF cycles and my exploratory surgery. He made me feel very comfortable each time he performed a procedure.
Ask as many questions as possible and don’t be afraid to get aggressive with your treatment.
After finding out at my husband is infertile, we decided to try IUI with donated sperm. I have tried 7 IUIs. The first was natural, and the others I used prespcriptions. Some to help me produce more eggs. I have been on prednisone, low dose naltrexone, endometrin, novarel, low dose aspirin, CoEnzyme Q10, Synthroid, Distinex, Levothyoxine, Estrace, Neupogen, Prograf, Lovenox, progesterone in oil, etc. Most of the transfers had a chemical pregnancy that only lasted a few weeks. Dr. Kiltz suggested exploratory surgery to see if I had endometriosis. During the surgery he did remove some endometriosis and diagnosed me with chronic inflammation. He told me to try the Keto Diet and go on LDN.The Keto diet turned out not to be compatible with my body, so I tried Paleo instead. I then tried IVF... they were only able to get 5 eggs, and only 2 were successfully inseminated. We transferred one egg at a time. Both resulted in a low chemical pregnancy that only lasted about 2 weeks. My tubes are fine, but Dr. Kiltz said there’s no way of knowing for sure if its the environment or egg quality. This last egg transfer Dr. Kiltz had me try Neupogen which is not covered by insurance and is quite pricy. I guess there had been good results with it for people with PCOS especially. I also have a low hormone level concerning egg production. Now that I don’t have any frozen eggs left, I would like to meet with Dr. Kiltz again, this time in person instead of over the phone and see what he suggests next. We have already spent quite a bit of money and are not feeling very positive.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic has a lot of things to offer including fertility treatments, yoga, massage, acupuncture, etc. The environment is very relaxing and welcoming. I like the Rochester office the best so far because it is very homey and everyone is very nice.
IUI and doctors visits were covered under insurance, and some mediations were covered, such as prednisone. But everything else was out of pocket.
I would rather transfer only one egg at a time just in case the cycle does not work out. That way I only lose one egg instead of multiple.
Rochester

Dr. Kiltz has LOTS of patients. I think he does the absolute very best that he can for being one person.... Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost.... I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
The nurses are the heart and soul of CNY. They are what keep that place running. I work mostly with the travel team and the nurses are helpful and responsive.... Strengths - I have heard the facility is spa-like (I have not seen it in person, only pictures and have heard other patients talk about it), in-house financing available Weaknesses - They take on LOTS of patients and you can get lost in the shuffle if you don't speak up.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost. He simply just does not see the necessity of charging $10,000+ for a cycle of IVF. I became a patient of CNYF after paying over $15,000 for a single IVF cycle where CNYF charges only $4,500. The financial aspect of infertility has been such a tremendous barrier and he has been able to alleviate some of that for so many people. I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
Do your research and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and reach out. CNYF has LOTS of patients and sometimes your e-mails, voicemails, messages, etc. can get lost in the shuffle. Speak up and join the many social media groups that are available. There are many patients who are willing to offer support and answer questions as well.
Dr. K will recommend that everyone follow the Kiltz's Keto diet - regardless of your stage of treatment. It consists of only eating butter, eggs, bacon, and beef. Yes, that's it. He also recommends a variety of supplements - prenatal, CoQ10, Omega-3s, OPCs, Ovasitol, and CBD oil. He believes that many of the problems related to infertility are caused by inflammation in the body. He often utilizes "autoimmune protocol" which can vary, but typically includes prednisone or other medications that treat autoimmune disease.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$200 Administration fee for shipping frozen embryos to CNYF $330 Cryopreservation Tank Rental $1,900 for FET $150 monitoring fee
It is my understanding that Dr. K is pretty strict in terms of the number of embryos he allows patients to transfer. I believe he only allows two to be transferred if you have a history of failed transfers or due to your age.
Syracuse

I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long.... At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
The clinical staff [CNY Fertility] is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient.... I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.... It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long. I would have preferred talking a bit longer about our medical history and read his documents about diet later (which he emailed right away). At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
Make sure to ask any questions you have about the plan and take notes about what he says so you can make sure his info got through to all the nursing staff. They have many patients and it helps to know what the doctor suggests to make sure it aligns with nurses orders. As a travel patient, you’ll really only talk to Dr. Kiltz for consult, retrieval/transfer and follow up phone call. The rest of the time it’s with the clinical staff. Dr. Kiltz does give out his cell #, though and patients do call if needed.
The clinical staff is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient. Dr. Kiltz really cares and made me feel like I wasn’t just a number. He thinks about each patient as an individual even though he has MANY patients.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses are always available to talk with over the phone. I think they have a few staffing the phones, so they were never rushed or didn’t answer. They were prompt about getting orders out to me or calling back with answers. They were also really caring and helped me understand the process better and made me feel at ease. I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly. They send your meds protocol to integrity pharm and get really good deals with them because of the volume they do. I wish they had some kind of checklist for new patients because I was a bit lost about what to do after the consult. I just had to call and talk with nursing staff several times to get it all figured out. Also, their CNY Facebook support group was extremely helpful! The clinic is pretty well organized for how many patients they seem to have, but I think the patient needs to know what they should be doing, or ask a ton of questions if you’re new to IVF because you don’t get a nurse that walks you through it. Also, documents on the portal were hard for me to find. Some stuff I didn’t even see until way later. If you’re a first timer, use the FB group to ask questions and search postings for answers. That really helped me.
$4200 for retrieval and one FET. Each additional FET during the 12 mos after retrieval are $250. Meds wound up being about $1600 (225 gonal f and 75 menopur 1x day for 10 days). With travel (for retrieval and a second trip for FET), total cost for us will be just under $10k.
We haven’t transferred yet, so I’m not sure what he’ll suggest.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After our first retrieval, Dr. Kiltz changed our protocol, but it wasn’t in my portal records. I had to remind the nurse that the Dr. wanted to decrease dosage for the 2nd retrieval and then she saw the Dr. notes.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is very personable. During the time he was with me, he had a good bedside manner and attentive. While this is true, CNY Fertility is an extremely busy clinic and I only saw Dr. Kiltz on day of procedure.... I do have faith he will be able to get me pregnant. He gives out his phone number and email address and will respond to you. He is also very progressive and open to trying new medications/treatments. I am doing platelet rich plasma (PRP) uterine washes this cycle.
The nursing staff is generally nice. However, they are very busy. They do not go above and beyond by any means. There was medication education along the way. But I did not have a good idea of the process. My first cycle I was never sure what was coming next.... Also, Mondays and Fridays are crazy busy at CNYF. It is best to avoid appointments on these days as much as possible. I always make early morning appointments so I am not late to work. It is nice that they have appointments as early at 06:15 am. I've found that if I come in any later than 06:30
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Positives: Dr. Kiltz is very passionate. He is honest about the structure of the clinic (more patients enable lower costs) and pricing. He seems very knowledgeable about treatments. I do have faith he will be able to get me pregnant. He gives out his phone number and email address and will respond to you. He is also very progressive and open to trying new medications/treatments. I am doing platelet rich plasma (PRP) uterine washes this cycle. Based on the research I've read, this sounds very promising. Negatives: Dr. Kiltz has very strong beliefs about infertility being related to diet, which I do not agree with. After a failed cycle he spent the entire telephone consult (which took 2 1/2 weeks to schedule) telling me that my tube is blocked because I eat lean meats, fresh vegetables, and fruits. He believes in the Keto diet (high fat, moderate protein, low carb). He flat out told me he was an expert with tons of experience and that my tube was blocked directly as a result of inflammation in my body, due to my diet. He then prescribed a ton of additional anti-inflammatory medications. I have chosen not to take most of the extras (prednisone, prograf [used to suppress the immune system in transplant patients], intralipids, and hydroxychloroquine [used to treat Lupus and autoimmune diseases]. I had an ANA test (for autoimmune disease) after my failed cycle and it was negative. I did a lot of research on my own to decide which medications I wanted to use (aside from the standard meds like estrace, progesterone, etc). Thankfully I am a nurse and feel comfortable researching these things myself. It would still be nice to be able to have a partnership with my doctor and not feel like it is all on my shoulders, as I am certainly not a fertility expert.
Be your own advocate, do your own research, and do what you are comfortable with. Realize you will not get a lot of time with any doctor at CNYF, but you can reach out to them by email and you should if it is something time sensitive that is important to you. Otherwise you will be waiting a looooong time for a phone consult.
An "auto-immune" protocol was prescribed: prednisone, prograf, hydroxychloroquine, intralipids, low dose naltrexone, baby aspirin, lovenox. Most of these are immunosuppressants. The aspirin and lovenox thin the blood, which is supposed to increase blood flow to the placenta and prevent clots for those with clotting disorders. Low dose naltrexone is actually a very interesting drug used to treat autoimmune diseases as well as clinically low endorphins. It has very few side effects. It also boosts your immune system, which has helped me avoid getting sick. It also helps me sleep better. The only extra I took my first cycle was the baby aspirin. That cycle failed. I transfer again in five days. This cycle I have been taking LDN, baby aspirin, and start lovenox tonight. I did not find sufficient evidence that lovenox will increase my odds, but it has relatively few side effects, so I am trying it. I also took estrace vaginally, progesterone in oil and endometrium vaginal suppositories, and Cleocin (clindamycin - a vaginal suppository antibiotic) both cycles. Also, azithromycin orally at the very beginning of each cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is generally nice. However, they are very busy. They do not go above and beyond by any means. There was medication education along the way. But I did not have a good idea of the process. My first cycle I was never sure what was coming next. One thing that upset me was embryo testing was mentioned briefly at my consultation (July), then never brought up again. On my day of transfer (end of October), I mentioned I was considering PGS testing. I was told I needed to decide this before the day of.... yet it was never brought up at ANY of my monitoring appointments along the way leading up to egg retrieval. I am a nurse and feel it would have been appropriate to mention at the baseline monitoring appointment. This whole process is so overwhelming and it is difficult to keep up with everything. However, I always felt it was my responsibility to ask questions and stay on top of it all myself. And when I did ask questions, I would get an answer, but I felt like I was being a pain. I would also get different answers from different nurses, so I never felt like I could trust the information I was given.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
In general, this is a nice, warm, inviting clinic. There are great resources on the website. Dr. Kiltz goes above and beyond for patients. He has a live chat on Facebook weekly. He believes in healing adjunctive therapies such as acupuncture and massage and it is very easy to schedule these extras the day of transfer. The clinic is very busy, so just beware. You get what you pay for. The prices are cheaper, so you rarely see a doctor. It's not a perfect place, but I assume other clinics have similar drawbacks. Although I would hope pricier clinics offer more time with the doctor and more patient centered treatment plans with patient input. Also, Mondays and Fridays are crazy busy at CNYF. It is best to avoid appointments on these days as much as possible. I always make early morning appointments so I am not late to work. It is nice that they have appointments as early at 06:15 am. I've found that if I come in any later than 06:30, I end up waiting awhile to be seen (at least 30 minutes past my appointment time). It gets worse as the day progresses. And even the early am appointments run late on Monday's and Friday's.
Most costs are posted on the website. $3900 for IVF cycle. $850 for monitoring. $250 for FET. All meds are separate. HCG wash $50. PRP $500 for once/$900 for two times in the same cycle. This was without insurance coverage. There were no hidden fees.
My clinic wanted me to transfer one 5 day embryo based on my age and recommendations/guidelines from professional organizations. I am 36. I had my heart set on transferring two and actually want to have twins. The risks were explained to me and I have been allowed to transfer two both cycles.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
First, when I had medications called in as a new patient, I asked multiple times which medications I needed to order right away. There were a ton and I was planning on doing a freeze all cycle. I was told to order them all. I ended up ordering all of them and not using several (I researched the meds more myself and did not want to take immunosuppressants since I don't have an autoimmune disorders). I was very disappointed no one took the time to go over the meds with me. If they had, I wouldn't have wasted my money on meds I will never use. As I mentioned previously, the nurses tend to give conflicting information when I ask different staff the same question. I now just email Dr. Kiltz when I need specific information because I don't trust what I'm told by the nurses. There was one occasion when a med was not called in for me. I just called and requested it again and it was taken care of. I was scheduled for my upcoming transfer without being asked if any days would not work, then the nurse had to change the day. When I checked my portal later, I was scheduled for transfer both days. If I had not checked, they could have potentially thawed my embryos a day early.