4.3

Robert Kiltz works in 1 office at

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
My first retrieval [at CNY Fertility Center] was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure...You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.kiltz as a person is an amazing soul. However I do believe the client has to many patients and can not give certain attention each patients need with their fertility issue. You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great. Dr.corley is my favorite. All of them pray after transfer which I absolutely love. I just feel as a number thou and always rushed along at appointments and transfer and I believe this is due to overbooking.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Slow down make your patient feel important not rushed. Everyone is different and everyone needs a personal protocol and to find the problem sometime less is more
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
When I started in 2018 I felt like they were awesome, now I feel like a number after failed transfer over and over you would think we would change something but no I had to throw something out there from speaking with other clients
Wonderful overwhelmed but wonderful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My first retrieval was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure. So I'm very proud of the up grade for retrieval surgical rooms.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is great

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Kiltz is great. He goes out of his way to be extremely accessable to his patients. He is very compassionate and welcoming. He is constantly thinking outside the box to find new innovative treatment plans and protocols...The care I received was inconsistent. Rather than having a consistent treatment plan, I routinely received inconsistent treatment protocols based on whomever handled my care at the moment.
[CNY Fertility Center's] treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask questions, he is there to help.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Intalipids, HCG washes, and accupuncture were recommended and available. Since I was having such a hard time with having any of the Embryos implant they threw at it all they could think of. Plaquenel and Lovenox (for blood flow) were added to my protocol after my first 3 Embryo transfers failed. I also had an Endometrial Receptivity Analysis to test the most receptive timing for transfer which was recommended by a nurse after my fifth faith embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Many were very warm and friendly. However, the management of my care was inconsistent and it all depended on what nurse I happened to talk to at any given time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Their treatment prices are unbeatable, hands down. However, they have so many patients that the care can be inconsistent and disorganized. Schedule follow-up consults with a Doctor if your treatment plan is not working. The nurses are great but when things aren't working, ask to have a consult with a Doctor so you can get primary care that the nursing team doesn't provide.
Out of pocket IVF was $3900. $200 out of pocket for each frozen embryo transfer within a year from retrieval date. HCG wash out of pocket was $50. Intralipid infusion out of pocket was $50. Out of state monitoring fee was $150.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Primarily, there was a test that should have been suggested much sooner than it was. Typically ERA tests are suggested after 3 failed embryo transfers but only after five did a nurse suggest it. I had even had a follow up consult with Dr. Kiltz and he never recommended it. If it weren't for one of his stronger nurses on his team, it would have gone overlooked. It was very disappointing since I was down to only 1 embryo left when it was finally suggested and I can't help but wonder if things would have turned out differently had they suggested it after 3 failed transfers as is standard timing to consider performing an ERA biopsy.
Syracuse

He seemed very busy, and is very big on his Keto diet being a major factor. We weren't convinced, and neither were our OBGYN / Urologist. Overall though every conversation we did have with him was informative and professional. But it definitely seemed like he was always in a rush... we barely even saw Dr Kiltz aside from the retrieval, and actual transfers. Any phone consultations or questions we had were answered by RN's instead.
Retrievals and Transfers are only done at the [CNY] Syracuse office - all the remote offices can only do monitoring or the early parts of retrieval/transfer cycles. The 24 hour nursing line is nice if you have questions.... We spent about $2100 on drugs, $4,500 on retrieval, and several thousand more on cycles, monitoring, and travel. In total, we probably spent close to $11,000
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions to the RN and develop a good relationship with the nurses in general - they will be your main contact.
The Nursing Staff and RN's were very knowledgeable and helpful, and really went above and beyond for us in my eyes. However, we barely even saw Dr Kiltz aside from the retrieval, and actual transfers. Any phone consultations or questions we had were answered by RN's instead.
I was prescribed clomiphene. I can't recall everything that my wife was taking. I know there were several anti-inflammatory options used and closely monitored.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were fantastic. Very helpful, compassionate, and willing to answer any and all questions we had. They really put us at ease when we were having nervous days.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Retrievals and Transfers are only done at the Syracuse office - all the remote offices can only do monitoring or the early parts of retrieval/transfer cycles. The 24 hour nursing line is nice if you have questions.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
We were well informed on eSET vs multiple. He recommended single for our first transfer due to the high embryo quality, but let us elect to do a multiple transfer for the second due to the lower quality.
Syracuse

[Dr. Kiltz] didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about...I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him....
[CNY Fertility Center] are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now...several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time...They slipped taking my levels after retrieval to make sure transfer would be a good idea. They made my beta no STAT so i had to get it redone and get results the next day. Nurses all had wrong info....
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
His strength is only somewhat of his knowledge. I absolute despise that he take a 4 mins of a 5 min phone call talking about keto. But that’s ever, he will go live on ig and do the same. He is repetitive, isn’t concerned about long term effects of harsh drugs and will push it anyways and doesn’t respond when I needed him.
See dr. Corley instead. Unless you are a keto maniac, Kiltz can’t exactly offer you any more help than anyone else. Also join the CNY support groups it will help tremendously!
He didn’t exactly listen to me and what i was concerned about. Why entire cycle failed and he recommended things that every woman is recommended even though my eggs being “soft like butter” was apparently something he’s never heard before.
I can’t even remember the protocol I was suggested I do remember it was the basic one. And when the cycle failed and he called to adjust, he recommended “priming” with other drugs which I will do!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
When it came to the wait after retrieval, several nurses called me ALL had different updates as if none were looking at the same chart they were contradicting each other every time. When my beta results came in I was supposed to be with my husband in case bad news came in and the nurse didn’t give me an option if I was even ready she just blurt the awful news out so I was bawling my eyes out looking for my husband outside. No one could help with simple vitamin questions either.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself seemed prepared and clean. The waiting areas were warm for the couples to feel calm. Weaknesses are they are to busy and disorganized! They need to stop seeing new patients and really zone in on helping the ones in treatment now.
Well I didn’t have any embryos make it to freeze so it cut down cost quit a bit. I would say for my whole ivf cycle (under any doc, Kiltz being the over phone doc) would be around $4,000 including travel and stay and food and transport.
No comments on the two. But I suggest taking in less new patients so he has better organized time for the ones already in treatment.
Syracuse

It may be hard for him [Dr. Kiltz] to have one on one contact with each patient besides the actual procedure. ... I had a basic protocol that everyone gets. ... My husband has male factor infertility so we both had retrieval in Syracuse, NY. My husband had a TESA and I had a normal retrieval. They had to do ICSI as my husband infertility is severe. We got 11 eggs from me and only 8 were mature. ... I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice.
I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice. They [CNY Fertility] did ask me how many I wanted to transfer. We plan on transfer the other two during our FET but right now we are unsure if we will be approved. They do look at your medical history and the reason for wanting multiple before agreeing to it. ... During the monitoring appointment it was mostly with the nurses I dealt with. You have to be prepared to somewhat feel like a number when you are setting things up but when you are in direct contact with the nurses they are very warm and will answer all your random questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is amazing, with a lot of aspects. It may be hard for him to have one on one contact with each patient besides the actual procedure. He does his best to text everyone back even if you are under another doctor at the clinic and each week he gets on his Facebook or Instagram and answer as many questions as he can. In person he is very sweet and shows he really cares about you.
Give him some time to get back to you. You have to put into consideration that they are the lowest cost with no restrictions and he has a lot of people contacting him and he will get back to you as soon as he can. You may not get the one on one experience but he will do his best to give you as much information as possible and he does have lives that he answers questions each week.
During the monitoring appointment it was mostly with the nurses I dealt with. You have to be prepared to somewhat feel like a number when you are setting things up but when you are in direct contact with the nurses they are very warm and will answer all your random questions. When I went in for my retrieval all the nurses and doctors were welcoming and informative. They took the time and didn't make you feel rushed when you were asking questions or when they would explains things to you.
I had a basic protocol that everyone gets. We get a list of medications to start with and you get a nurse to keep in contact closer to the retrieval. I was monitoring locally in my town and they would send the information needed to the clinic. I would keep in contact with the nurses. My husband has male factor infertility so we both had retrieval in Syracuse, NY. My husband had a TESA and I had a normal retrieval. They had to do ICSI as my husband infertility is severe. We got 11 eggs from me and only 8 were mature. Day 3 we only had 3 so we transferred 1 that resulted in a negative beta, and cyro-persevered the other 2.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are amazing! The only thing to remember as you don't just get one nurse and the online system doesn't allow you to reply to the message you some times get a new nurse responding to a chain of messages back and forth so sometimes you get different response. You just have to gently remind them what is going on. But they are all doing there best, so be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The price is amazing, the fact they don't have restrictions is amazing and even with those two things considered they are amazing in a whole. They are so caring and offer so much more than infertility treatments. They have Facebook support groups for mental health, food help, body and just overall everything to do with infertility. If you go to there Facebook page you will see that they go live multiple times a day to help out whatever way they can during this pandemic.
$3900 for IVF retrieval which included ICSI, Fresh Transfer and storage up to a year. $450 for a FET within a year of treatment $150 monitoring fee for distance patients $1100 for husband TESA Travel and medication cost would be different for each person. You have to do your research and find the best price pharmacy and hotel, if your coming in from out of town.
I only had one transferred at my day 3 transfer but that was by choice. They did ask me how many I wanted to transfer. We plan on transfer the other two during our FET but right now we are unsure if we will be approved. They do look at your medical history and the reason for wanting multiple before agreeing to it.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz was amazing. He responded promptly and was encouraging. I called his cell phone once accidentally and he insisted I talk to him about my concern which was meant for nursing. He made me feel hopeful.... I was prescribed gonal f, menopur and cetrotide with IUI. I am 41 years old and my egg reserve is low. The gonal f stimulates you to produce eggs. Menopur helps them mature. Cetrotide prevents ovulation until you have IUI.
Appointment scheduling [at CNY] is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.... Marnie was direct, compassionate and knowledgeable. It made a huge difference seeing one specific nurse each time.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz treated my best friend and he changed her life. My friend encouraged me not to give up and that was very encouraging. Her story is amazing. Dr. Kiltz is very personable and positive in his interactions with patients. He was always kind to me and helped me to feel hopeful. I am hoping to move onto IVF next and fulfill our dream of having a baby. Because I am a healthcare practitioner myself, I feel I am in a unique position to help others. I highly recommend Dr. Kiltz to anyone experiencing infertility.
Hang in there, he keeps his promises.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnie Pierce)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Appointment scheduling is very flexible. Sometimes you wait a long time. Once you complete your new patient appointment things get better. It's tough waiting to get in for your first appointment. I think it would help if they would triage by age for new patients. I was 39 when I first called and wasn't seen until 6-9 months later.
My insurance is terrible and doesn't cover anything. I spent nearly 20,000 for the three cycles of IUI that I completed. I was devastated that I was not successful. My company has a self funded insurance plan and unfortunately will not implement the changes required by NYS healthcare law mandating coverage of 3 IVF cycles. I am hopeful I will qualify for the IVF grant. This would make IVF possible for my husband and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just a couple of mix ups with prescriptions, at the pharmacy level. Also never got prior authorization for a couple of my meds.
Syracuse

This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and [Dr. Kiltz] came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me...I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most...Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate...I absolutely love this clinic and feel like this is the right fit for me. I do Not love talking to the “main” number. I wish I could easily call the Buffalo clinic where they know me personally. I Do like that each cycle if something isn’t working we move onto something else. It’s also nice to have the patient portal and it’s good to see test results right away. Also having your instructions for medicines is nice to have on the patient portal.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have only met Dr K once and it was when I needed Him the most. I was having a horrible week with work and PCOS just makes you emotional haha. I was Starting to lose hope and cried my eyes out at my appointment. The nurses called him in and he gave me a really good “get back on the horse” pep talk. I know He was probably busy but I appreciated he took the time to talk to me.
This cycle I was literally crying in the the office and Dr K came in to give me a pep talk and push me through. He was so kind and understanding during such a vulnerable moment for me. Meant a lot to me.
So far it’s been 2 cycles at CNY first cycle we started with the Femara, then Gonal injections. I ended up with 2 follicles but had issues with my lining. First cycle ended with trigger shot and times intercourse. Which resulted with a negative pregnancy test. Second cycle started similar to the first Femara for a few days, then we switched to Gonal and Cetrotide due to my reoccurring lining issues. We ended up doing and IUI this cycle and the result is still pending :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Z)
All the nurses at the CNY buffalo are extremely nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$40 per office visit which included bloodwork and ultrasound. Medicine is covered only if For timed intercourse $450 for IUI and medicine was not covered
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. Kiltz sees many patients so it is not always easy to get time with him. However when it’s very important he makes time. I see the nurses every visit and if I can’t communicate with him directly I can do so through the nursing staff...prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own...For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol...makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Because it is low-cost [at CNY], we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics...Niccole [nurse] has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I would tell them to not expect a lot of handholding and that they should be prepared to take a lot of initiative on their own.
Dr. kilts, despite treating thousands of patients, makes personal phone calls to patients. He also offers his personal cell phone number. When things don’t go as hoped, he is compassionate and eager to make changes to protocol to improve results next time.
Initially I was started on a high dose protocol, 450 gonal and 150 menopur. I also primed with Omnitrope before beginning my cycle. This protocol resulted in cancellation due to poor response. The next cycle we went with 150 gonal/75 menopur and four follicles were retrieved. Two were mature, and only one fertilized which was frozen at day three. For my current cycle we are priming with estrogen, testosterone and Omnitrope and doing a Lupron microdose protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Niccole Davey)
Niccole has been my rock in this process, even though she is currently back in school she always makes time to communicate with me either through the patient portal or via phone call. She is also a great liaison with the doctor staff.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Because it is low-cost, we are able to do more cycles which gives us a better chance at a successful pregnancy. Conversely it is very busy with numerous patients and you won’t get the same degree of handholding that you would at other clinics.
$3900 per ivf cycle
CNY encourages single embryo transfer, however with women over 40 they are open to multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I always try to coordinate with one nurse, because sometimes different members of the nursing staff will give different information.
Latham

Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered....For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation.... Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer,
The clinic [CNY] is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very compassionate, patient and u understanding. He takes his time to make sure you are comfortable and all your concerns and questions are answered. You can easily see the amount of love and passion he has for his profession and truly cares for his patients.
Dont be afraid to ask too many questions.
He has an incredible bedside manner, is full of compassion and positivity, and makes you feel very comfortable and at home.
For my IVF transfer I was on the immune protocol. This included prednisone for inflammation and prograf to help with implantation. Unfortunately the prograf did not agree with me (caused fevers) and I had to stop taking it. Unfortunately that transfer did fail. I have one embryo left and will be doing a FET, but we have not discussed protocol yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses I have seen were amazing. Very personable, compassionate and knowledgeable. I also would use the patient portal when I didnt have time to call or after hours and always received a quick response. They are a great team at CNY
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean, comfortable and the staff is great. I usually go first thing in the morning and get right in. On the occasions where I had a late morning or afternoon appointment, it was a very long wait. Some patients come very early for their appointment so that when they check-in, they are added on the list and therefore end up jumping ahead of other patients who are scheduled before them. I feel there should be a better system to prevent this from happening.
Monitoring costs such as bloodwork and ultrasounds during my cycles. HSG Xray, Hysteroscopy and IUI. My insurance does not cover IVF, so I was able to use CNY's payment plan for that. It is a monthly payment automatically deducted from your credit or debit card. You choose the length of the loan.
Due to fragmentation and fair quality, Dr Kiltz suggested transferring 2 embryos for my fresh transfer, hoping that we would have a better success rate.
Syracuse

My Doctors are Doctor Kiltz and Corley. They are great. They explain everything in detail. They answer any questions I have, and are very kind and caring. They allow me to make decisions about my treatment after arming me with the knowledge that they have.... [Eset Approach] We have not talked about this yet. I want to transfer two, but I want to discuss the risks with having pcos and having multiple transferred, vs. ESet.
The clinical team [CNY Fertility] can be rude. I called to ask a question about if my protocol was ready like I was told to, and the nurse used a tone that was not appropriate.... I do not like that I have to make contact with the clinic after my procedures to have a follow up. I feel that they should contact me with results and next steps after they have the results. I had to wait a month because I had to call and schedule an appointment. Other than that, it has been great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
My Doctors are Doctor Kiltz and Corley. They are great. They explain everything in detail. They answer any questions I have, and are very kind and caring. They allow me to make decisions about my treatment after arming me with the knowledge that they have. We have been able to learn a great deal and in just a couple months. I do not like that I have to make contact with the clinic after my procedures to have a follow up. I feel that they should contact me with results and next steps after they have the results. I had to wait a month because I had to call and schedule an appointment. Other than that, it has been great.
Follow up, call them. You have to be the one to keep the ball rolling.
Not by doctor Kiltz or Doctor Corley. They treat me well, it is their staff. The clinical team can be rude. I called to ask a question about if my protocol was ready like I was told to, and the nurse used a tone that was not appropriate.
I do not have that yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Most of the time when I call the nursing staff, they are rude and short. They do not show compassion or understanding.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They offer a lot of things. The wait can be long but they move you up as quickly as they can. They do not follow up after hsg, bloodwork, and SA with an appointment unless you schedule one. They let you decide on your treatment. I had a choice of iui or IVF starting out.
They are cheaper than average. Out of pocket are 3900 not including meds and monitoring. I am being charged more though, because I have some insurance coverage. It’s still expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had a nurse contact me about ordering a new prolactin assessment. I had already taken a fasting one, after my 1st one was high. They had been given my results from the second one. They emailed ordering another fasting one. I had to tell them that it was already done.
Syracuse

I have never actually gotten to speak to communicate with Dr.Kiltz himself yet. I have only been getting papers signed off by him through the portal. And some of the stuff in the papers have been wrong, like my prescriptions.... I am being put on the immune protocol because I have PCOS. This is completely different than what was explained to me in my phone consultation. I am put on primarily put on a low dose of gonal, meno, and cetro for retrieval.
The clinic [CNY] is the cheapest I have ever found and it allows in house financing with will give myself and many others the option for IVF that may not have the chance to have it otherwise. However only two locations do the actual IVF procedure and they are both in NY... everything I have done via the portal has taken a very long time to get a response back about. They seem nice, and genuine, but it shouldn't take 2 or 3 weeks to send me back an email
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
From what I have seen from the Fireside chats, he is very knowledgeable about what he does. It's too early in my journey to tell exactly what type of doctor he will be but I am hoping for the best. I chose Dr.K not just because of his prices but because he is highly rated about and this gives me faith that he will also help my husband and I with our miracle baby.
Dont expect too much communication outside of appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I have never had an in person appointment with the nurses yet. But everything I have done via the portal has taken a very long time to get a response back about. They seem nice, and genuine, but it shouldn't take 2 or 3 weeks to send me back an email and if it does then they are severely understaffed
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is the cheapest I have ever found and it allows in house financing with will give myself and many others the option for IVF that may not have the chance to have it otherwise. However only two locations do the actual IVF procedure and they are both in NY
They are the cheapest clinic I have ever found
I know that transfering more than one embryo doesn't increase the chances of implantation, so I am okay with only transferring one at a time. However if I have to do several transfers, for cost reasons I may ask to transfer two.
Syracuse

Dr Kiltz was honest and knowledgeable. He was also very caring and willing to answer any questions you had. My experience was nothing but good.... I felt like a human because the Dr. gave me his personal phone number and also does online chats with his patients on topics important to fertility patients.... I talked to a few different doctors about this at CNY and they are all pro 1 egg at a time. It is safer for you and your baby. Less complications
Every nurse I met [at CNY] was always friendly and you get to know them because during retrieval’s you are there every other day... They are very organized, get you in exactly when necessary for treatment and are reasonably priced. I don’t have any weaknesses as my experience was wonderful. The staff are great and always willing to answer any questions you have.... The IVF cycle is $3,900 and then the meds were about $2,800
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz was honest and knowledgeable. He was also very caring and willing to answer any questions you had. My experience was nothing but good. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Take one day at a time. Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. Just have faith that it will work.
Started with letrezole and IUI at CNY after me trying clomid with my regular OB for months with no success. It was my choice to move on to IVF as soon as I did. Second egg transfer and I am pregnant! They encouraged frozen eggs because I have PCOS and you are inflamed after egg retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Every nurse I met was always friendly and you get to know them because during retrieval’s you are there every other day so they become like friends and truly care about you and are rooting for your success.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Loved everything about it. They are very organized, get you in exactly when necessary for treatment and are reasonably priced. I don’t have any weaknesses as my experience was wonderful. The staff are great and always willing to answer any questions you have. They even have 6am appointments so I was able to go before work so didn’t have to miss much work either.
The IVF cycle is $3,900 and then the meds were about $2,800 for retrieval. The first transfer is $250. After a year it goes to $1,000.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] had great bedside manner, but I rarely saw him and almost never actually spoke to him. And at one transfer he kept us waiting for nearly 2 hours after acupuncture, which seemed to negate the purpose of the acupuncture... The first transfer was very straight forward with most meds typical for IVF. The second transfer after the miscarriage they added provera when my lining was too thick for 5 months. Then they added low dose naltrexone
When you go to a clinic that is out of town, it can be very hard to get proper communication and advocacy for you, so you really have to advocate for yourself. The clinic [CNY] is extremely clean and relaxing with a lot of options for care. The staff is caring and seems to care about your success...There were a few times that I had to request a med refill more than once because they failed to send it the first time I asked.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He had great bedside manner, but I rarely saw him and almost never actually spoke to him. And at one transfer he kept us waiting for nearly 2 hours after acupuncture, which seemed to negate the purpose of the acupuncture
Don’t be afraid to call a lot and ask a ton of questions. Ask for things to be over-explained and write it down.
They genuinely cared about what I was going through and worked to explain things well
The first transfer was very straight forward with most meds typical for IVF. The second transfer after the miscarriage they added provera when my lining was too thick for 5 months. Then they added low dose naltrexone when I finally went for the transfer and they added intralipids prior to transfer. This pregnancy lasted longer, but still ended in miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Sometimes it took a little too long to get answers, but for the most part they were extremely knowledgeable, caring, and very helpful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When you go to a clinic that is out of town, it can be very hard to get proper communication and advocacy for you, so you really have to advocate for yourself. The clinic is extremely clean and relaxing with a lot of options for care. The staff is caring and seems to care about your success
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
You have to schedule them with your doctor in your area. They just provided the orders
3,900 for the IVF including the fresh transfer and the first year of storage. $250 for each transfer in the first year. Meds not covered at all, for the retrieval and first transfer meds were $3,500 for me. Storage fees are $350/yr after the first year.
When I chose to do a single transfer he was very encouraged and told me that I had a higher chance for success with one. But he would have done either way if I had chosen.

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge.... He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?"
The nursing staff [CNY] was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very warm and fuzzy. I felt respected and loved from the begining. He always shook our hands and asked how we were doing. He gave us his cell phone and said to call anytime. I did, and he picked up and made time for me! It was incredible because I know how very busy he is. The fact that he made special time for me and gave me his cell phone is huge. The whole experience was so posititve that we were really sad to here he didn't do OB and we had to find an OB after we were 12 weeks pregnant. He is also very positive and uplifting. No negative talk at all. For example when we first met him, instead of asking me my age he said "how young are you?" He offers free yoga for fertility, free webinars and support groups, and even hosts a yearly event at our local zoo-for free! He really knows what he is doing. He is smart, caring, compassionate, and will do everything in his power to help you achieve your goals. It was a really great experience!
Sometimes he can get really excited about a new diet he is recommending or similar life style changes. Take it with a grain of salt and know he is just trying to help you succeed.
Dr Kiltz knew me by name and was interested in what was going on in my life. He took the time to get to know me and my partner and he treated me with compassion and kindness
I told him I didn't want to have a bunch of extra embryos after our first transfer and that I didn't want to be heavily medicated. He had the perfect solution. We did a very conservative IVF cycle with minimal medication and we got the outcome we desired. He knew exactly what to do and what I needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was always so welcoming and friendly. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable. They were all very personable and seemed to enjoy their work, albeit a busy work place! I would say one negative is that you usually weren't seen right away and had to wait in the waiting room for 20 plus minutes before being taken back. BUT their waiting room is so homey feeling with comfortable chairs and couches and water, tea, coffee, nice ambience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean, welcoming, clinic. feels like you are entering a resort rather than a doctors office. The ambience is spot on with beautiful and comfortable furnishings and a nicebig fireplace. The staff are so kind and welcoming. They mkae you feel loved and respected and I highly recommend them!
The clinic is VERY busy so I didn't always have the best timed appointments, but fair enough. I usually had to wait a bit in the waiting room to be seen but they do their best to see you as quickly as possible.
between $8,000-$10,000 for one round of IUI and one round of fresh IvF cycle. The IVF is around $3,900 but the meds cost $2,000-$4,000.
I wouldn't say he had a strong preference for how many embryos transfered. With my age, he recommended two and we had twins! We were happy!

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I feel he [Dr. Kiltz] was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.... I think he gave me the best options that I was ready for right now, will most likely be moving on to more advanced treatment in the next couple months if we have no luck. I believe it will be easier to tell his involvement then as now there’s not a lot he can do with us trying the fertility medications along with monitoring.
Sometimes long wait times [at CNY] even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Gather all of your questions for the consultation so he can give you the most informed options for you.
I feel he was nice and optimistic when discussing fertility options. he greeted and said hello to my husband and others in the waiting area which I like that he took the time to do.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses I’ve encountered for monitoring, blood work ultrasounds have been friendly and made the process easy and answered all questions I had while there.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Sometimes long wait times even for quick appointments like blood work. Which makes it difficult when trying to balance work and having an hour drive one way. You don’t see the doctor every time but the nurses seem very knowledgeable. Ive always gotten quick responses even over phone, even though wait time on phone can be long as well. One negative would be while I love the portal and the fact that they post your lab results I do wish there was a small description of what the results mean example like low, high or normal range. Otherwise your left to google the results and hope you come up with the right answer. I’d prefer either a description on the portal or a quick phone call letting me know the results.
Unfortunately our insurance doesn’t cover anything towards fertility or the testing. We haven’t gone to far in to the advanced treatments yet but they did offer a financial team to help if needed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Would just like the results of blood work each time not just posted in portal because it is hard to interpret without a description or chart of where levels should be
Syracuse

I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best....My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily
The clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr] is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low.... At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Before meeting Dr. Kiltz I would watch his "fireside chats" that he has on facebook live every Sunday. I immediately gathered that he really cares about the work he is doing as most doctors do not give up an hour of their Sunday to answer questions from patients. When finally meeting Dr. Kiltz in person for my first embryo transfer he was very warm and pleasant. A right down to business kind of man. He seemed very confident and it comforted me how confident he was. The transfer that he did failed, but I believe it was not attributed to anything with Dr. Kiltz. My experience with his has been good, and I believe he puts his heart into making people's dreams come true.
I would tell prospective patients to not be afraid to speak up. Dr. Kiltz will listen to you and take into account your feelings and opinion. It is your body and he respects that. If you do not speak up he will continue to make the decisions he feels are best. Don't fear being judged or scolded, use your voice!
Interaction with the Nurse Practitioners in the facility is always pleasant and personal. At this facility you only see the physicians when you do an egg retrieval or embryo transfer. It does seem they are so busy the doctors a a bit rushed. There is not a direct phone line to the facility location that you are a patient at. Instead there is a call center in a neutral location so you can never get any of the physicians on the phone for questions. This leads to many communication breakdowns, and luckily I am a nurse so my knowledge keeps me afloat throughout this process.
My egg retrieval with Dr. kiltz was handled with caution as to not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome due to my Polycystic ovarian syndrome. He prescribed Gonal-F 150IU daily, hCG-LH 10IU daily, Z Pak, Prednisone 5mg twice daily, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg daily, Metformin 1500mg daily. I was on an auto-immune protocol so that is the reason for the antibiotic, steroid, and Naltrexone. The Metformin in for my PCOS. I triggered with Lupron to also avoid OHSS. This protocol did not stimulate my ovaries as hoped and only 8 eggs were retrieved, with 5 embryos being produced, and 2 embryos making it to blasts. I did a fresh embryo transfer after the retrieval, producing a chemical pregnancy. We transferred our last embryo 11 days ago, and I received the negative hCG today. My protocol for the frozen transfer was Estrace 2mg twice daily, Prednisone 10mg twice daily, LDN 3mg daily, Neupogen 60mcg daily, Aspirin 81mg daily, Prograf 0,5mg daily, Lovenox 60mg daily, Endometrin 300mg vaginal daily, Progesterone in oil 50mg IM daily. This transfer was not successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very busy, but they always take the time to answer any questions you have. The are very skilled in their areas of expertise such as trans-vaginal ultrasounds, lab draws, protocol explanation. The seem to understand that we are all going through incredibly difficult situations, and work to make a calm yet efficient environment to get the job done.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is in a very convenient location off of the thruway. This clinic in the Syracuse area is absolutely beautiful inside. Very clean with modern day interior. I feel like I am going to a spa when I am there. There is relaxing music and the lights are kept low. The waiting room can get very busy, but there is plenty of comfortable, private seating and multiple restrooms. The lobby has hot tea and reading material. I always feel very comfortable going to the clinic. The wellness/spa side of the clinic is in fact a full spa with all of the amenities. I would highly recommend utilizing the spa services during your treatments. Utilize everything they offer to calm yourself during this experience!
The egg retrieval is $3900, on site monitoring is $825. Fresh transfer is included and frozen transfer is $250 with $700 on site monitoring fee. Intralipid infusion $100+meds. hCG intrauterine wash per transfer $100+meds. All medications are a separate cost through a specialty pharmacy.
Due to my age and no previous failed transfers we only had the option of doing a single embryo transfer. I intend to push for a multiple embryo transfer if our next retrieval yields enough embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
With both my first and second failed embryo transfers I received a phone call saying it was negative and to stop all medications. If I wasn't a nurse and did not know better, you are not supposed to stop Prednisone or steroids "cold turkey". I just worry for patients who do not have this knowledge and may abruptly stop this medication. Another moment of miscommunication was with our first embryo transfer. The emryologist came into the room and showed us 5-5 day embryos that we had. She mentioned they would push 3 of them to day 6 and I asked that they freeze all as I would rather transfer down the road and give them a chance to grow in the uterus. Dr. kiltz agreed and told the embryologist "put them on ice". My husband and I were happy knowing we had 4 embryos left after this transfer. A couple days later i get a report in my patient portal that 3 embryos had been discarded due to not thriving as they would like, and we had one left. I panicked and emailed the embryologist. They replied stating I must have misunderstood Dr. Kiltz. I was devastated and felt like 3 of my children had just been "discarded".
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is very nice and an amazing doctor. He called my husband and me after our second embryo transfer cycle failed. He showed compassion towards us. He fully explained the process during the call, but at that point it was too late. My husband and I were extremely hurt and had so many unanswered questions. We asked if tests could be ran to see why the cycles failed.... After the first cycle failed, the doctor advised us to transfer the last two embryos for the second cycle.
During my first embryo transfer in January, I was treated like a queen. My experience at the clinic [CNY] was like none other. When I came back in March for the second embryo transfer, I definitely felt like a number.... As it was told to me, "something happened" to one of our embryos during the freezing process. I have no idea what happened. All I know is that we were left with two embryos after the first transfer, and we were told that they were going to get us a baby either way. Needless to say, both cycles failed and still no baby.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is very nice and an amazing doctor. He called my husband and me after our second embryo transfer cycle failed. He showed compassion towards us. He fully explained the process during the call, but at that point it was too late. My husband and I were extremely hurt and had so many unanswered questions. We asked if tests could be ran to see why the cycles failed. I recommended fertility patients need to go through counseling prior to starting treatment because no one can prepare patients for any mental effects it may cause. This process affected me mentally. Months later I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder.
PLEASE SEEK COUNSELING!!! This is an extremely hard process!
During my first embryo transfer in January, I was treated like a queen. My experience at the clinic was like none other. When I came back in March for the second embryo transfer, I definitely felt like a number. So many people are learning about CNY because of the cost, so a lot of people are going there. Dr. Kiltz is an amazing doctor. However, I feel as if the process was rushed the second time, and when the cycle failed my husband and I were left with a lot of unanswered questions. We are interested in trying again, but we are also afraid because we do not know what the problem is. We do not know if there is an issue with my uterus, embryo quality, sperm quality, etc.
o Desogen 1 Pack, Take 1 tablet by mouth daily until instructed to stop. o Estrace (Estradiol) 2 mg, One tablet by mouth twice daily o Z Pak - -, Take 2 tablets by mouth the first day, then 1 tablet by mouth daily until all the medication is gone. o Prednisone 5 mg, 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) 4.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth daily at bed time o Aspirin, low dose 81 mg, One tablet by mouth daily o Prenatal Vitamin one qd -, Take one by mouth daily o Prograf (Tacrolimus) 0.5 mg, Take 1 tablet by mouth twice daily o Cleocin Vaginal Ovules 100 mg, Insert 1 suppository vaginally at bedtime o Endometrin 100 mg, 1 tablet vaginally twice daily o Progesterone In Oil 50 mg, Inject 1 ml (50 mg) daily intramuscularly once daily Before starting second cycle: 1) When you start your period, have an HSG (hysterosalpingogram) sometime between CD 5-12. An order for this has been uploaded fo your patient portal. 2) Complete an endometrial scratch between cycle days CD# 20-22. An order for this has been uploaded to your patient portal. 3) Call the office when you start your period AFTER the HSG and scratch are done. At this time, we will give you an order for baselines, call you once the results are received, and provide instructions on when to start the FET preparation medications (estrace, etc.) 4) Complete an Intralipid Infusion when you start your estrace, then repeat the day prior to FET with an HCG wash, then weekly. I have ordered the Intralipids and the HCG wash to Integrity for you. We will provide you orders for the Intralipid Infusion once we have dates (which we'll know once you start the period after the HSG and scratch.) 5) Start Neupogen injections when you start your estrace--this medication and the appropriate syringes have been ordered to Integrity for you and we'll provide you further instructions after your baseline. 6) Start Prograf 2 days prior to your FET. This has been ordered to Integrity for you. 7) Start Lovenox and Baby Aspirin when you start your estrace. The Lovenox has been ordered to Integrity and the Baby Aspirin (81mg) can be purchased over the counter. 6) Start plaquenil 200mg twice daily now. Then, stop it once you start estrace so that you can switch to Prograf. 7) Continue LDN 4.5 mg each night at bedtime. o Neupogen 300 mcg, Inject 60 mcg (0.2ml) subcutaneously once daily as directed o Lovenox 30 mg, Inject (1) prefilled 30 mg syringe subcutaneously once daily o hCG- Uterine Wash 500 IU, Intrauterine wash- in office as directed AT 10AM o Intralipids 20 %, 100 ml bag- Infuse 100ml as directed- 10AM
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elisabeth Sudik)
Elisabeth was good about informing me on what I need to do through the process. She was very responsive when I emailed her or called.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Providing affordable treatment plans is definitely a strength. In my opinion, me being treated like a number during the second cycle and being left with so many unanswered questions are weaknesses. I am glad that they now offer counseling services. A healthy mental state is strongly advised for such a process.
Affordable
Yes, we were educated. Five eggs were retrieved but only four embryos were formed. We had one embryo to be transferred for the first cycle. "Something happened" to one of the embryos during the freezing process, so we were left with two. After the first cycle failed, the doctor advised us to transfer the last two embryos for the second cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
As it was told to me, "something happened" to one of our embryos during the freezing process. I have no idea what happened. All I know is that we were left with two embryos after the first transfer, and we were told that they were going to get us a baby either way. Needless to say, both cycles failed and still no baby. My husband and I asked if tests could be ran so we can perhaps determine why the embryos did not stick, but no tests were ordered. Instead, we were asked if we would be willing to try again.
Syracuse

We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF...we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that...Be prepared for a LOT of energy--Dr. Kiltz runs on keto and coffee! Also, be prepared to try the keto diet/lifestyle...it truly has helped my husband and I...We did 3 different IUI cycles (none resulted in pregnancy). And we did one fresh embryo day 5 transfer, which at the moment I AM pregnant! The IVF they called a "mini" IVF because they didn't put as many medications into me.
The reception staff [at CNY Fertility Center] are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you...Well-oiled machine here. You may have to wait a couple hours, but they will try to get you in as soon as possible...just be patient (bring a book and fully-charged phone).
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We had our consultation with Dr. Kiltz and we (hubby and I) felt great about it. We never saw him again though until we finished our 3rd IUI and we decided we wanted to move onto IVF. Dr. Corley did my egg retrieval (Dr. Corley also did my HSG test) and then Dr. Kiltz we finally saw again the day of transfer, and he was the one that performed that. Overall, I love BOTH Dr. Kiltz and Dr. Corley--you can't go wrong with either, honestly.
Everyone at the office is always kind and helpful (always willing to answer any questions) and take their time with you if you ask for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses at CNY Syracuse are amazing. Sometimes, they are very rushed though, so remember to have your questions ready to ask!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The reception staff are amazing! They make everything move along. Sometimes the wait times are really long, so I suggest, if you're only there for blood work (not scans or anything else), ask the front staff about getting in quicker (they usually can make it happen). Everything at this clinic is very clean yet feels comfy/cozy. The NPs and other nurses are wonderful and only want the best for you.
After reading about other clinics--this is the place to go if you want real affordable health care.
Dr. Kiltz recommended a single embryo transfer for us because of my age (I'm 29) and because it was my first ever transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
One time they changed my protocaol without me knowing (thankfully I logged into my portal)...they had forgotten to keep the prednisone on my list of meds to take, so I ended up calling them and they confirmed that I still needed to take the steroid. Also, a different time they ordered a medication with latex in it and I'm allergic to latex, so the pharmacy (Freedom Pharmacy) caught it and then the doctor had to approve a different meditation without latex.
Syracuse

strategy for my embryo transfer [with Dr. Kiltz] was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks...I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
Being a large practice [CNY Fertility Center], I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection...Sometimes it is difficult to trust that the staff will be on top of everything because of the high volume of patients, so I felt that I needed to stay on top of everything and double check and question every step of the process.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did my embryo transfer. My appointment was a few hours late because some of his other appointments ran late. My transfer felt very rushed, but he was very pleasant during the procedure. I was hesitant that it would work because of how quick it was, but I did get a positive pregnancy test.
Make sure that you ask questions and double check everything because this practice sees a large volume of clients and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
This practice sees a large volume of clients, and they are very busy. I realize that this doctor has a lot on his plate. He does a great job in trying to handle everything, but during my embryo transfer, it did feel like he was in and out, making it a not very personal experience.
My strategy for my embryo transfer was a partial immune protocol with prednisone, prograf, estradiol, progesterone, low dose aspirin, and low dose naltrexone. Although implantation was successful, I had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks. I also had a previous ERA done, so for this protocol, an extra day of progesterone before transfer was added (6 days).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Being a large practice, I did not deal with the same nurses each time, so sometimes I would get a nurse that I had never dealt with before, so sometimes it was difficult to have to explain everything multiple times and get different opinions about things. Sometimes when I dealt with the same nurse multiple times, I felt more of a personal connection.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice. It feels more like a spa than a medical clinic. The only weakness I would say is that sometimes the appointments run late because they see such a high volume. The atmosphere is very peaceful and clean.
Embryo transfers scheduled within one year of an egg retrieval were $250, so that was very reasonable. The fee for outside monitoring was $150. The medications for this one embryo transfer were around $200, but insurance covered most of them.
Syracuse

[Dr. Kiltz is] incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those...We have had 2 FET with Dr. Kiltz and both times we asked to transfer two embryos which he agreed to...is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
The [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc...We have spent around $10,000 including IVF, monitoring, medications, and FET which is significantly less than what we paid at our first clinic...Since CNY offers a low cost IVF cycle they are incredibly busy. I have found that the more active an advocate for myself the more feedback I get. They are always willing to answer my questions and to take the time to explain anything I might not understand. Although, this was our second round of IVF (first with CNY) I was already familiar with the general "process".
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very engaging and passionate. He listens and is willing to "think out of the box" with treatments. We found him after our first round of IVF resulted in zero live births. That clinic was unwilling to try different treatments or protocols for a FET. Dr. Kiltz adjusted my FET protocol after the first one failed.
He's incredibly busy and very enthusiastic. Like with any medical condition/treatment you need to be your best advocate. He does weekly chats on Facebook and Instragram that have a lot of information. I would start by watching those.
Dr. Kiltz is always warm and welcoming. He did my egg retrieval and 2 FET thus far. During my IVF cycle, during a routine monitoring appointment with an ultrasound tech, he made a point to stop in to say hello, ask if I had any questions, and was very friendly. He is just incredibly busy but is always willing to answer questions, which I greatly appreciate.
We did down regulation with BC followed by 9 days of stims. Included in CNY's low cost IVF cycle is ICSI which is part of the reason I believe we ended up with so many embryos (14 total).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The are well organized and excellent at answering questions. CNY has a texting option that allows me to text a nurse during the day with questions. It is so easy to text when I need prescription refills, general questions, etc.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it)
This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.... It's comfortable. It's relaxing. I was a little confused at the end about billing, but they are totally willing to answer questions. Some people have told me that the wait would be long, but we never had to wait more than 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He is aggressive about Keto, and specifically *his* type of Keto. My husband and I are already on keto because it helps me with inflammation, but that didn't seem good enough. He was very good at explaining the information a few times because I didn't quite understand, and when I broke, he was able to comfort me, explaining that he would do everything in his power to make sure I kept both ovaries (he took only half of one with a cyst on it) and would make sure I was healthy before we did retrieval. After surgery, he explained to my husband that it was a "war zone" in there, and he now understood why we were concerned. He still saw no reason as to why IVF would not work for us.
Take the Keto info with a grain of salt. Do not let it derail you. Yes, it can be done, and yes, there will be benefits, but it is *not* for everyone. I need it to manage my inflammation due to endometriosis. But it should not be how you are judged. You can cut carbs and get similar results. :) He knows his R.E. area, and he is very supportive once in there.
He was explaining the surgery to me, and I started to get upset, and he came over, sat next to me, held my hands, and whispered that it would be okay, we would come through this, we would have a baby. But first, the surgery needed to take place so I could be healthy enough for that baby. He said he would do everything possible to keep my ovaries, and in the end, he did.
July: Myomectomy, Hysteroscopy, Cystectomy to treat Endometriosis Stage IV and scar tissue from drained cyst in December. Late July: 11.25mg leuprolide to keep endo at bay while I heal from surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was very informative. She wasn't touchy-feely, but she was able to answer all of our questions, and deal with me being a complete emotional wreck. She also helped us understand the keto lifestyle's benefits and drawbacks. Danielle was able to draw my blood, though I rarely have good veins. She was in and out in a pinch, which was fantastic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Insurance covered my costs.
He mentioned while prepping for surgery we would probably want to try for one due to the severity of my endo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
My husband had to get bloodwork done, and though I was told I'd receive a call, I had to take the initiative. This is one of the things I knew going in - CNY handles many cases, and you need to advocate for yourself/your health if you go here.
Syracuse

First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him... I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally...After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP.
[The nurses at CNY had] Long fake fingernails. Did not monitor me very closely after egg retrieval (was frequently out of the room and left me alone). Had zero compassion for the fact that I just wasted thousands of dollars to get no eggs. Still handed me card with my embryologist's name and instructions for transfer meds and betas after getting no eggs at retrieval...I have experienced just about every minor inconvenience a person could have experienced with this clinic, but chalked it up to it being a large clinic. It was really the last egg retrieval and the fact that the cycle was even allowed to start that made me extremely dissatisfied with this clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I kind of explained it all when I talked about not feeling like a human. I have no idea what my doctor, Dr. Robert Kiltz is like, because I have never met Dr. Robert Kiltz. Granted I was a travel patient and my monitoring was done locally.
Don't do it. Save your money and go to a real fertility clinic. The more I think about it, the more dangerous a place CNY seems to me. People come there desperate. People come there and spend every last dime they have. This place does not care at all about your safety or emotional wellbeing. It is almost like they take advantage of people in their desperation.
First of all Robert Kiltz is my doctor of record but I have never met or spoken to him. After my first embryo transfer with CNY, I was never called with my negative beta result. This was problematic because I had been on Prednisone for several weeks prior and need instructions for weaning. After I had to send multiple phone calls and emails, a follow up call was finally scheduled with an NP. She set the appointment, but she didn't call at our appointed time. After sending several more calls and emails, I finally got a follow up with the NP. She suggested that I do a mini-IVF moving forward. I voiced concerns that I had not had success with those in the past. She said it would be better this time because I had been on Omnitrope and would take menopur during the cycle. I reluctantly agreed. She did say that she wanted to make sure I was "suppressed" when I started the cycle. I had my baseline. I had several follicles over 10 mm and an LH of over 11. I was prepared to have to wait until next cycle. A nurse called me and told me to start my meds. I expressed concern. She said she would contact the NP who made my protocol. She called back and said she couldn't get ahold of that NP but she talked to another "provider" and it was ok to start. I got to the "egg retrieval". I was left several times alone in the OR before and after the procedure (including post anesthesia). The OR was cluttered and dusty. The nurse taking care of me had long, fake fingernails. The anesthesiologist did not wear a cap over his hair piece. A speculum was inserted while I was still awake but without warning me that they were inserting a speculum. I remember being concerned that they were going to start before I was asleep so I told them I was still awake. I then went to sleep. When I woke up, I was told that they got no eggs. I only had cysts. I again said that this cycle should have never been started because I had 14mm follicles at base line. The Dr. (Dr. Corley) said it was fine for them to have started me with such big follicles. I was charged my new payment plan amount that included both cycles with CNY three days later, even though I had signed a contract stating that the new higher amount would begin in the following month.
First cycle: Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, max dose of gonal F/menopur, cetrotide, 5 mg Predisone, Tacrolimus, Cleocin, Z-pack, IM and vaginal progesterone, vaginal estrodial. Rationale: DOR, Results: 1 embryo, no pregnancy Second cycle: Letrozole, Omnitrope, Low Dose Naltraxone, 225 gonal F, menopur, ganirelix, 10 mg prednisone. Rationale: If a lot of meds only make 1 egg, why not sped less money to only make 1-2 eggs. Results: painful cysts, no eggs
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic's strengths are that they are really cheap. Plus they see so many patients that someone has to get pregnant at some point, so maybe a new patient might win that lottery. Weaknesses: Not compassionate, knowledgeable or safe
Cycles are $3900 plus monitoring plus meds.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr kiltz is knowledgeable and he cares about the patient.... He gave us his cell number to call him or message him. It does take a while sometimes to hear back as he has a lot of patients. It can be confusing as the nurses run most of the show... He came in to speak with me multiple times retrieval day and after he knew I was nervous to get no mature eggs and did everything to assure me we would figure it out and had embryology call me 3 times day of retrieval to check to see if any matured in the lab post retrieval unfortunately none did but he was so kind
Being a travel pt is hard but worth it for the right care. It's affordable at cny that's the main reason but they treated us more like s human then the other clinics in Canada did. I think the donor team at cny needs some improvements. There has been some communication troubles and their donor website isn't very well organized. I think overall if you are a seasoned infertility warrior and know your stuff this clinic is a great affordable option.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr kiltz is knowledgeable and he cares about the patient. He offered discounts and another round of ivf only having to pay anesthesia fee for retrieval due to getting not mature eggs. However knowing that we got over 25 eggs between 2 retrieval sand different protocols donor eggs would be the best option. He gave us his cell number to call him or message him. It does take a while sometimes to hear back as he has a lot of patients. It can be confusing as the nurses run most of the show but nurse kris in buffalo is amazing lines can get crossed especially if your a travel patient but they are pretty good at accommodating all questions and needs. I did feel like I had to be an avocation for myself as my situation was rare. Overall dr kiltz cares I wish he had less patients so he had more time with patients, but then again I'm glad he is helping so many people.
Be an advocate for yourself ask questions especially if you are going to the clinic after a previous ivf failure.
We had no mature eggs our first round with another doctor so when we went to dr kiltz I had done some research about Lipton down regulated protocol being used in poor responders and with immature eggs. He agreed and also put us on a hgh prime for a month prior and during stims to help eggs. Also double triggered to help with immature eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris)
Kris had no weaknesses in my opinion she runs the Buffalo office and was amazing from start to finish also gave me her personal email and I still msg to ask questions even tho she isn't on the donor team there
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It's very affordable even with the exchange rate. When we got not mature eggs he offered to do a free ivf retrieval only paying for the anesthesia
I haven't got to transfer as we had no embryos so moving to donor eggs this is something to dicuss
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. Kiltz, as busy as he is, has spent time with us during the consultation to address our concerns, and has picked up his personal cell phone to take my call. He is compassionate and seems to genuinely care.... While some of his methods and philosophies are unconventional, I find that I can take away some nuggets of truth from his advice and recommendations, even though not all of it (i.e. his extreme Keto diet) is for me. I have seen Dr. Kiltz at every visit to CNY (three to date), and he spent significant time with us on two of the three visits.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is amazingly positive and encourages us to have faith, while acknowledging that this process is difficult. He listens to all of our concerns and always offers his opinion. While some of his methods and philosophies are unconventional, I find that I can take away some nuggets of truth from his advice and recommendations, even though not all of it (i.e. his extreme Keto diet) is for me. I have seen Dr. Kiltz at every visit to CNY (three to date), and he spent significant time with us on two of the three visits. Dr. Klitz and CNY Fertility is well-known for offering affordable fertility treatments, as well as cutting-edge approaches. I feel fortunate to have found CNY fertility, as some of these new and innovative approaches are not available in my home state. I also believe that Dr. Kiltz works very hard to keep treatment affordable and accessible for as many patients as possible.
Pay attention to your treatment plan. Do your own research. Read about the treatment options. Be prepared to advocate for yourself. CNY Fertility is really busy as the volume of patients continues to grow. Don't hesitate to call and ask questions.
Primed with Omnitrope and Low Dose Naltrexone; First stim/retrieval: 450 IU Gonal/150 IU Menopur; DuoStim/Second stim/retrieval: 150 Gonal/150 Menopur/10 mg Letrozole Rationale: DOR, Fragile X carrier, low AMH/high FSH, poor responder to first round, so the meds/approach was adjusted for second retrieval. First retrieval resulted in 0 eggs/second retrieval resulted in 3 eggs, 1 frozen day 6 4AA embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
For the most part, my experience with CNY's nursing staff has been overwhelmingly positive and they have been so helpful and informative. The exception being one nurse who called me right before my second retrieval to tell me that the odds were against me, all of my follicles were likely cysts, and discouraged me from going through with the retrieval. I'm very thankful I called for a second opinion and checked in with Dr. Kiltz, because the retrieval resulted in 3 eggs (from 3 follicles, none were cysts) and 1 grade 4 AA embryo that we were able to freeze on day 6.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: compassion, affordability, availability of new and cutting-edge treatment options Weakness: keeping up with volume of patients means that some may fall through the cracks; patients should be prepared to advocate for themselves
Egg retrieval: $4050.00 (includes 150.00 fee for outside monitoring for travel patients); Intra-ovarian prp injections: 300.00 as an add-on to egg retrieval procedure; meds - approximately $5,000.00
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just minor - I had to ask multiple times for a detailed meds list from CNY after my consult. There were some discrepancies in my meds list and what had been sent to the pharmacy. I was able to clear it up.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
You have to be your own Advocate and follow up on everything!!! again I think this is because they [CNY Fertility] have such a huge clientele and they are overwhelmed. They genuinely seem to care about their patients although I feel like the nurses should be on the same page. Sometimes you can call in the same day and get a different opinion depending on who you speak to you and that makes me very nervous when protocol gets changed. I feel like the only person that should be setting protocols are the doctors.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Robert kiltz is a very loving and caring man who really seems to want what's best for his patients and he really wants to help them make a baby however with that said, I feel like he is extremely overwhelmed and takes on too many clients and because of that I feel like he is just spread too thin. there have been times when I have sent him a text message and he responds immediately and other times when he never responds. I am assuming this because so many people contact him and he's just overwhelmed trying to help everyone. He's only one person. But he does have the biggest heart and he seems very genuine about helping people and making it affordable!
He's a great man but you have to stay right on him because he is so busy!
He's very big on keto and the immune protocol!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
it depends on the nurse that you get. Some nurses were absolutely amazing while other nurses didn't see him as invested in my journey.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
You have to be your own Advocate and follow up on everything!!! again I think this is because they have such a huge clientele and they are overwhelmed. They genuinely seem to care about their patients although I feel like the nurses should be on the same page. Sometimes you can call in the same day and get a different opinion depending on who you speak to you and that makes me very nervous when protocol gets changed. I feel like the only person that should be setting protocols are the doctors. The nurses have too much room to move things around in my opinion
$9,000 for six donor embryos And of course other fees
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I just have to be on top of everything and be my own Advocate as some nurses tell you different things and it's very conflicting as to what the appropriate thing to do is
Latham