4.3

Robert Kiltz works in 1 office at

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205

2022, Unknown Success
I have no direct experience with Robert Kiltz. The doctor who actually did my egg retrieval was a mystery to me until the morning of retrieval. All of my prescriptions and protocols were made by Dr. Kiltz...As a travel patient, I never spoke to the same person twice. Dr. Kiltz was the prescribing physician, but I never spoke to him. The doctor who did my initial consultation didn't listen to my concerns, and the consultation seemed rushed. They were interested in getting a lot of eggs, which we got, but I got OHSS. In the initial consultation, I'd mentioned that I'd rather have a lower dose, and was more concerned with quality eggs than quantity.
Overall, CNY offers affordable treatment, but at the cost of being another number to them, especially as a traveling client...If you've done IVF before, I think CNY would be a good clinic to use, because you'd know the procedures, but because I was a new patient, I didn't know what to expect, and was just treated as a number.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had a standard protocol IVF with 300IU Gonal-F and 75ml Menopur for about 10 days. The rational for the protocol was "it's a numbers game." I got OHSS, but got 19 eggs. We just had our retrieval today.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I need to say that I LOVED my nurse today at the Colorado clinic (Lupe). She was caring, heard my concerns, and took great care of me. Up until this point, however, I had nurses that did not seem to know my charts, and did not treat me as an individual. I had a different nurse every time I called. Since I did monitoring away from the clinic, the nurses at CNY were all remote, and called with results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Overall, CNY offers affordable treatment, but at the cost of being another number to them, especially as a traveling client. Though my treatment was carried out in Colorado, my care up until the retrieval was handled by people who were not in Colorado. This made communication very difficult. When I arrived at the clinic this morning for retrieval, I'd never been there, and it was a bit of a shock. The check-in area downstairs was incredibly dingy, the waiting room and front desk did not provide any privacy, and at one point, a nurse came out to consult with a patient in front of everyone. Once I went upstairs, the atmosphere was much better. The staff and nurses upstairs were quite professional and attentive (after I broke down crying) and the office was much cleaner. Eventually I felt safe and well-taken-care-of. I wish I had been able to contact the clinic directly before today, but CNY doesn't allow that to happen.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I did not do monitoring through this clinic. Monitoring was done at my local radiology clinic, and they sent results to CNY STAT.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
CNY's IVF procedure is $3995. This includes ICSI and a fresh transfer. When my case switched to a frozen transfer, they added $675 for a frozen transfer, and I'll pay another $150 charge to do monitoring separately. The medications for my "standard protocol" case were $4700. The clinic sent these to a pharmacy that was "the most affordable at the time" according to their protocol. Monitoring is completed separately for patients like me, who do not live near the clinic. CNY charges $150 for me to do monitoring separately.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I am pretty bummed that we couldn't do a fresh transfer because of OHSS. I totally understand that it is unsafe and ineffective to do a transfer if my estrogen is too high, but I am mostly disappointed for two reasons: First, I tried to voice in my initial consultation that I was interested in a lower-dose protocol, but the doctor prescribed a standard protocol. This was also much more expensive than their medications estimate. Second, I didn't know that my estrogen was high until the day before I was leaving for the clinic, and I was told that the news was "good." I received no compassion while I tried to wrap my head around doing a frozen transfer. Before then, I had no reason to believe I wouldn't be bringing home a transferred embryo. I didn't feel my questions and concerns were given the time of day.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
I liked Dr. Kiltzs' bedside manner, the guy prayed with us after our transfer. However, all he cared about was us doing his carnivore diet. He told us if we eat veggies and fruits we would turn into them? And everything we know about science is wrong...Be prepared to talk about his keto/carnivore diet, that's all he seems like he wants to talk about.
I felt like a number while a patient at CNY because I had someone different to talk to about my questions every time. We waited for 2.5 hours before he was able to get me back for our frozen embryo transfer. My transfer was at 1030am and we transfer right before 1pm. It was very rushed and he seemed flustered.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I liked Dr. Kiltzs' bedside manner, the guy prayed with us after our transfer. However, all he cared about was us doing his carnivore diet. He told us if we eat veggies and fruits we would turn into them? And everything we know about science is wrong. He asked if I was on DHEA and I told him I was but my level was super high, I asked if I should start it back up and he went on a tangent about how he's being sued by the "creator" of DHEA and never answered my question.
We used 3oo gonal-f and 75 menopur. We did a dual trigger with lupron and pregnyl. Cetrotide started stims day 4. We don't know the reasoning behind it, one of the NP's came up with the protocol but didn't ever tell me why this would be the best approach. We only got 1 embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
You talk to someone different every time. When messaging in the patient portal, you have to create a new message every time, you cannot reply all. That is super frustrating considering you don't know who is going to answer your next reply to a previous question.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They're understaffed and too busy to truly accommodate everyone. The benefit for CNY is the price, other than that, you don't really have a great relationship with the staff. They do get back to you pretty quickly while going through a cycle.
Total for IVF with fresh transfer and storage fee in one was about 4,000. We had a 5% discount for military. Our frozen transfer was an extra $700(with military discount).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
When the nurse called to tell me my quant was negative, she asked if we wanted to go into another transfer...we only had that one embryo so it stung extra that she didn't even know my results well enough to be able to give me the appropriate consideration when discussing our next steps.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Kiltz] is open to self avocation of the patient and practices what he preaches. You can also tell that he really loves what he does and helping his patients to make families is his passion...Dr. Kiltz counseled us on diet which I believe was the game changer for us. He definitely preached the BEBBI diet (Carnivore diet) and I am now a full believer in it....
I absolutely love [CNY Fertility Center] and every staff member there. I have been treated at three of CNY's locations (Atlanta, Colorado and Syracuse)...The nursing staff has been wonderful. I really appreciate their 24 hr nursing line and always getting back to me. The only downside is that everyone has their own way of handling protocols and I sometimes get confused when I get different instructions from different nurses.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I had a consult with Dr. Kiltz after my third failed IVF transfer at the CNY Colorado location. I reached out to him desperate and seeking further help. Dr. Kiltz was very kind and compassionate and showed us that he cared about our situation. Dr. Kiltz counseled us on diet which I believe was the game changer for us. He definitely preached the BEBBI diet (Carnivore diet) and I am now a full believer in it. I followed all of his suggestions and recommendations and within the first 60 days my eczema completely healed, bloating and menstural cramps went away, depression disappeared and my labs came back in the appropriate ranges for the first time in 5 years (Vitamin D, Vitamin B and Neutrophilis) they all ran below normal rages before this. Dr. Kiltz in my opinion, is the perfect example of what a practicing physician should be. He is kind, compassionate, understanding, humble, open to self avocation, and is always open to learning and educating himself. It is easy to see that he absolutely loves what he does.
Follow his recommendations.
Dr. Kiltz really cares about his patients more than any doctor I have ever treated with. He is the perfect example in my opinion of how a practicing doctor should be. He is open to self avocation of the patient and practices what he preaches. You can also tell that he really loves what he does and helping his patients to make families is his passion. I have treated at three CNY facilities in the past two years and have been treated very well by Dr. Magarelli, Dr. Fink and NP Jana Cashen as well. I recommend CNY to anyone seeking Reproductive Assistance.
We did a Lupron flare protocol this cycle. Which was milder than the other cycles and known to produce fewer follicles but higher quality eggs. I am currently in the middle of this treatment cycle. My previous cycles with CNY Colorado were much more aggressive and only yielded 6 eggs each time due to my Low AMH. each time yielded 4 beautiful embryos of the 6 eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. I really appreciate their 24 hr nursing line and always getting back to me. The only downside is that everyone has their own way of handling protocols and I sometimes get confused when I get different instructions from different nurses. Either way I have been taken care of pretty well overall and appreciate the CNY nursing staff.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I absolutely love CNY and every staff member there. I have been treated at three of CNY's locations (Atlanta, Colorado and Syracuse). My husband and I are blessed to be in their care they treat us like human beings and are absolutely caring and compassionate. The best thing we ever did was switch from our local clinic in FL and travel to CNY for treatment. If you are looking for affordable and compassionate treatment then CNY is the place I recommend.
CNY is 1/3 of the cost in the nation! The chance of growing our family would not have been possible for us if CNY did not exist.
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
A single embryo transfer is recommended because it gives the embryo the best chance of survival. They do however allow two embryo transfer in certain circumstances.

2018 - 2022, Unknown Success
It is so important when going to see your doctor that you are treated like a person; especially being a woman of color. The doctors that I would see before, I didn't feel like they heard me but right from the start in visiting Dr Kiltz in Syracuse, he made me feel right at home...Dr. Kiltz wants everyone to be successful. He recommends one transfer but if you want two then he will be ok with that. I've not asked for more than 2
I love coming to this office [CNY Fertility Center]. All of the office staff are very friendly. They are rooting for you! They want you to be successful! Not only do they treat you like a person here and make you feel heard but their options are affordable and they set you up with a payment plan to make things more manageable. I will be done paying for cycles within 18 months.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I love coming to this office. All of the office staff are very friendly. They are rooting for you! They want you to be successful! Not only do they treat you like a person here and make you feel heard but their options are affordable and they set you up with a payment plan to make things more manageable. I will be done paying for cycles within 18 months.
You need to be in charge of your own fertility journey. Like other clinics, don't wait around for them to call you to make sure that you're doing ok or to ask if you need anything. They are very busy. If you have a question or if you need help then reach out to them. If you don't understand something then keep asking questions until you do.
Because of my endometriosis, I'm now on a long protocol using donor eggs. My first cycle of donor eggs was negative, then I was put on the long protocol and I had a slight positive but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy so I'm on another long protocol and this will be my last cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the ladies here are excellent. They treat you like you're the only person alive when you're with them even though they are super busy. I appreciate each and every one of them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think that at first, I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know about ways to save money so I think that initially I may have spent too much money but there are so many places where you can get your medications from and save which include out of the country. I also would say to make sure you get your meds early and get an extra one of each just in case. Don't try to save money because you will run out and thanks to FedEx, you won't get your meds on time. So even if you don't use all of your meds, just be prepared and have extra.
Very affordable, easy payment plans are available. Discounted when paid in full.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Kiltz is committed to making fertility care more accessible and lowering the cost, which I appreciated a lot...I never actually met Dr. Robert Kiltz through my treatment, so I'm not sure. In that way I did feel a bit like another person shuffling through a baby factory. But I am looking to have a baby as quickly and cheaply as possible and appreciate his commitment to lowering the costs of fertility care.
The [CNY Fertility Center] clinic is a bit of a baby factory, as stated earlier, and I did feel like another person shuffling through it. I didn't mind because of the commitment to lower costs. I did like that there was a lot of information online and that they have a lot of recommendations readily accessible there as well...The nursing staff were very caring and willing to answer any questions.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
To have another more reliable way to get in contact with his staff than by calling and waiting on hold. I very rarely got answers to my messages on his electronic medical portal and wasn't able to update information there once it was entered (like address, etc.).
I never actually met Dr. Kiltz, and the wait times on hold are very long. But we went to this clinic because of the commitment to lower costs and I was ok with this. His staff was very nice.
We did an egg retrieval and did regular monitoring via transvaginal ultrasounds at our local facility and injectable medications.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were very caring and willing to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is a bit of a baby factory, as stated earlier, and I did feel like another person shuffling through it. I didn't mind because of the commitment to lower costs. I did like that there was a lot of information online and that they have a lot of recommendations readily accessible there as well.
I am glad that he prefers eSET!
How competent was CNY Fertility Center at LGBTQ care?
They often misgendered my non-binary partner and we couldn't update the EMR system with their name after it was changed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just while we were doing monitoring in our home state they sometimes forgot to call us with results or let us know next steps and we had to be proactive in reaching out.

2022, Unknown Success
Although Dr. Kiltz was the one who signed my protocol and medication sheets, I never met him. I only had direct communication with the nurse. I received an HSG and sonohysterogram from another Dr., whom I only met when he came into the room to do the procedure, so I don't know his name...The rationale of the medicine protocol wasn't explained to me. I sense it was simply a standard protocol for undiagnosed infertility (based on age). Protocol had: Gonal, Lupron, Menopur, cetrocide, prometrium, etc...
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] seems understaffed, specifically in the admin/insurance end. I spent hours on the phone trying to talk to the insurance coordinator, and was put back and forth between people in different departments. In general there was a sense that although my case file was supposed to being taken care of, it wasn't. And by the time it was clear, it was too late. The experience was very isolating...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I would advice a prospective patient to advocate for more personal care
I did not even speak with Dr. Kiltz once. I received my protocol through the nurse and only spoke with her and the admin folks
I did not complete a cycle with Dr. Kiltz's protocol as the administrative and insurance side made a mistake and I decided not to stay at the clinic. The rationale of the medicine protocol wasn't explained to me. I sense it was simply a standard protocol for undiagnosed infertility (based on age). Protocol had: Gonal, Lupron, Menopur, cetrocide, prometrium, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
I had one consultation with her before receiving my protocol. She gave general overview of the IVF process.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: Albany clinic has a welcoming interior, and the one on site appointment I had was right on time and very efficient. It was a relaxed atmosphere compared to a hospital. Weakness: The clinic seems understaffed, specifically in the admin/insurance end. I spent hours on the phone trying to talk to the insurance coordinator, and was put back and forth between people in different departments. In general there was a sense that although my case file was supposed to being taken care of, it wasn't. And by the time it was clear, it was too late. The experience was very isolating
The consultation costs were very reasonable with the nurse (I don't know if the Dr. cost was different).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
-I never met a Dr. once, and was recommended actually there was no need. In retrospect, that means my case was not reviewed fully and I was not told about the genetic screening test (which pushed me back an extra 2 cycles). This I perceive as something gone wrong. - we started as self pay clients and were able to change to insurance that covers IVF. CNY received the updated insurance coverage 3 wks before the start of my scheduled stim cycle. I spoke the clinic twice in between to confirm all was on track and no one noticed that the insurance had not even been put through. In the end, I found out only the day I went to order the stim drugs from the CNY pharmacist that the insurance wasn't even started. After several hours of phone calls and holds, I spoke with the insurance contact at CNY, she updated me that my file didn't get done as "someone had opened it and so it was taken off her task list", and that "this isn't the first time this is happening". Yikes. This sounds like the system CNY uses is outdated or perhaps dysfunctional. She also informed me that her department was understaffed, and now has a few new workers. - In order to not skip a cycle, I thought to simply self-pay as originally planned and quoted. When I received the actual self pay quote just for the one stim cycle, the quote was 2x the cost that I was quoted for the medicine expenses for the whole procedure. That was the last straw. I decided to leave CNY and wait in line for another fertility clinic. (losing me another 3 months in my cycle.)

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Kiltz is] open to transferrin more than 1 embryo but you must have a good reason. One healthy baby at a time is the goal...He will also listen to your grievances. His priority is your success, he wants you to walk out of there with abs y, do they have many options, including affordable donor eggs...[initial protocol] Immune protocol, adding in weekly acupuncture, managing my stress, Keto diet..
[CNY Fertility Center] Strengths: price, options, will work with anti age or BMI, affordable donor egg program, several locations, Weaknesses: they are very busy, you must be proactive, the outside monitoring can get tricky and you must be on top of your files getting transferred each day...The nurses run the show but they know their individual patients well..
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
CNY is a if clinic but Dr. Kiltz takes the time to get to know you. He will also listen to your grievances. His priority is your success, he wants you to walk out of there with abs y, do they have many options, including affordable donor eggs. The list for donor embryos is long but tends to have a higher success rate.
He’s intense abs passionate about his opinions, especially on the Keto Diet. Even if you do t agree, at least hear him out at first. He’s done his research and his opinions are well-informed.
He gets to know you abs your story, abs he allows you to try with your own eggs first.
Immune protocol, adding in weekly acupuncture, managing my stress, Keto diet
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris, Martha)
The nurses run the show but they know their individual patients well.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$3995 per egg retrieval $695 per transfer $9000 for 6 donor eggs $70 per acupuncture visit HSG wash $50 Intralipids $100 PRP uterine Was $300 $150 remote monitoring fee $950 for in-house monitoring fee
He’s open to transferrin more than 1 embryo but you must have a good reason. One healthy baby at a time is the goal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just a little contradictory information from time to tome, but calling or emailing your initial nurse can help clarify anything

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz is the one that sets everything. He is not always the doctor seen. He is well informed and communicates well with his staff. CNY is a different type of clinic you don't just have one doctor...first retrieval he had me on low doses of meds such as follistim and omnitrope. We ended up doing a duostim when retrieval would result in 0 eggs. After duostim with same meds we did a retrieval and got one egg. It matured and fertilize but didn't make it past day 2. We had a consult and we double or meds. We end up with 3 eggs and had 1 day 3 embryo...
They [nurses at CNY Fertility Colorado] are quick to respond on the portal as well. Never made me feel like I was just another one and never made me feel like I had a stupid question...They are very respectful and treat you like a person. Ask about your life outside of fertility treatments...sometimes a busy clinic but they do a good job planning ahead and having patients show up early...Accounting team is a little slow...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Colorado?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Colorado?
He and his team is well informed ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Colorado?
They are very respectful and treat you like a person. Ask about your life outside of fertility treatments. Even asked about our fundraiser we had.
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Colorado and their degree of success.
The first retrieval he had me on low doses of meds such as follistim and omnitrope. We ended up doing a duostim when retrieval would result in 0 eggs. After duostim with same meds we did a retrieval and got one egg. It matured and fertilize but didn't make it past day 2. We had a consult and we double or meds. We end up with 3 eggs and had 1 day 3 embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Colorado.
Everyone was so nice and honest. You could ask them anything and they would get you an answer. They are quick to respond on the portal as well. Never made me feel like I was just another one and never made me feel like I had a stupid question.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Colorado.
It's sometimes a busy clinic but they do a good job planning ahead and having patients show up early. Not much of a waiting room but with covid that doesn't really matter. All staff super nice. Accounting team is a little slow.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Colorado.
They would give me a day and I would schedule monitoring with a local clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Colorado.
Cheapest baseline prices
What specific things went wrong at CNY Fertility Colorado?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Colorado.
I had one nurse respond one the protal the wrong details of my pre op but another nurse corrected it right away.
CNY Fertility Colorado
Colorado Springs
2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Robert Kiltz] Very compassionate and caring, but ultimately just a number in huge pool of other women s seeking the same goal. The price you pay is great, but the lack of communication is cringe worthy. I’m still not complete with the process and dread what’s to come on future communication...Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Very clean facility [CNY Fertility Center] and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient...The clinic was horrible at returning calls and messages. Had to be a huge advocate to get things done...[nursing staff] Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate! If something doesn’t seem right, speak up!
It’s very generic. Based on your labs you are given a standard protocol that may not be the best one for you.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Horrible! Very rude and often misinformed.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very clean facility and up to date with modern technology. Safety was never a concern and it has a spa like feel. It really made you feel at peace when attending. Also, accommodations are very convenient.
They limit multiple embryo transfers unless you have a history of failed attempts.

2012 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. K can't be at every appointment He very knowledgeable and been doing this for years. I trust his knowledge with science and keto life style, I know he want this as much we want to build our family... He knows what's he is talking about, very calm spoken person, understanding of the hardship of this journey, Positive person.
Strength they [CNY Fertility Center] know what they are doing.Weakness late or slow response Stay on top of everything check everything don't just assume everything is correct, call use the Portal and continue to communicate...great staff to step in when he [Dr. Robert Kiltz] is not available, he signs off on all my care. I trust that
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
he has great person, he signs off on all my care. I trust that. He knows what's he is talking about, very calm spoken person, understanding of the hardship of this journey, Positive person.
More like human, very mannered understanding
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
great staff to step in when he is not available, he signs off on all my care. I trust that. Sometimes you have check to make sure everything is going in order they see many people a day and there could be mistakes made that why is important to follow up with the staff to make sure everything is good. Communicate
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength they know what they are doing.Weakness late or slow response Stay on top of everything check everything don't just assume everything is correct, call use the Portal and continue to communicate
Very quiet living room setting, not a normal obyn doctor office, very beautiful decore. Waiting a few minutes not long if they aren't busy with morning appointments in and out in less then 30 mins to an hour depending on schedule
IVF if afford in the nation, financial option payment plans very affordable, billing you have to keep track of on the portal and you can pay online
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Just they don't schedule the hcg in the right time before transfer

2021, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Although I only met Dr. Klitz once, at the embryo transfer, he had such a calming and affirming way about him. He was personable and approachable, honored how special the occasion was, and had just a lovely way about him. Certainly feels that he is attending to more than just the medical aspect of fertility, that he cares about the holistic experience of what it means to conceive life...
All of the nursing staff [at CNY Fertility Center] were top-notch. They all were aware of my chart and details, were compassionate and accessible, and they personalized the experience. I did not feel like a number whatsoever, but someone they were invested in. During my times of anxiety or not knowing if things were going well, they were honest yet reassuring and available to hear me out and answer any concerns or questions I had...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Coming from NYC from earlier in the process, it was a welcome change to be working with CNY. All of the nurses were warm and friendly, they all took the time to answer my questions thoroughly, they all read through my chart before appointments and remembered my name and circumstances. I felt like this was a highly personalized experience. During the actual transfer, Dr. Klitz was warm and personable, and he had a gentle and encouraging way about him where I felt totally taken care of and respected. There were a few gestures he made that felt truly humane.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Falcon)
All of the nursing staff were top-notch. They all were aware of my chart and details, were compassionate and accessible, and they personalized the experience. I did not feel like a number whatsoever, but someone they were invested in. During my times of anxiety or not knowing if things were going well, they were honest yet reassuring and available to hear me out and answer any concerns or questions I had.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I did all of my monitoring appointments at the Rochester location, which is a lovely and calming space that in pre-COVID times looks like it could have been a spa. Because of COVID there weren't any massage, acupuncture, yoga, or other in-person offerings. I felt comfortable and calmed by the environment. I felt they had good COVID precautions in place. The only weakness of this entire experience is that is it hard to communicate/get a hold of someone on the phone. Again, I don't know how much is COVID-related, but it would have been nice to have a phone number to call and connect with someone without always having to either use the messaging feature on the patient portal and wait a bit for a (non-urgent) response, or leaving a message on billing or another extension and then have to be available when they call back in order to avoid drawn-out phone tag. They WERE accessible if there was an urgent concern through a dedicated on-call nurse's line, so that felt good.
I had already frozen my eggs, so for the thaw, embryo creation with donor sperm and transfer was about $3800, receiving the eggs from the other fertility clinic was $150, and my monitoring appointments (some of which were covered by insurance) were in total about $800.

2021, Unsuccessful
I saw Dr. Kiltz again at the time of transfer. I can't tell you how insensitive he was at that time...he didn't look thru my file even once. His first question was, is this your first transfer, I said no, this is my second. Then he asked, what happened to my first, for which I said, it was unsuccessful. Then he asked why was it unsuccessful, I didn't have any answer for that. Then he asked, what was the reason for my infertility, I again said i don't know....
They [nurses at CNY Fertility Center] are efficient, and knew what they were doing...they were friendly, but no warmth at all...the nurses who saw me were never the same during the visits, which made me wonder if they really know my case or not. And during both my unsuccessful IVF procedures, the nurse who called me, was so insensitive, she right away asked what are my future plans, whether i intend to do another transfer, even before i could digest the news of negative pregnancy test...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I was referred to this clinic by a friend who had two successful pregnancies with CNY. I first saw Dr. Kiltz during my egg retrieval in the Syracuse clinic and he was friendly and reassuring at that time. I was full of hope and he didn't mention anything about the next steps or anything. It was explained by the nurses I saw during my next review at the Rochester clinic. My transfer was again done by Dr. Kiltz and I didn't have any concerns at that time about the success of the procedure. In fact, I was too positive that nothing could go wrong. No one told me about how low the chances of successful IVFs could be; that only less than 5% of IVF became successful. So, when the call came saying that my pregnancy test was negative, I was devastated. I wasn't told what went wrong. It took me weeks to get over it and prepare for the next cycle. The procedure was easier than the first. I saw Dr. Kiltz again at the time of transfer. I can't tell you how insensitive he was at that time. First of all, he had no idea about his patient, meaning he didn't look thru my file even once. His first question was, is this your first transfer, I said no, this is my second. Then he asked, what happened to my first, for which I said, it was unsuccessful. Then he asked why was it unsuccessful, I didn't have any answer for that. Then he asked, what was the reason for my infertility, I again said i don't know. He then asked how young i was, to which I said Im 43. He gave me a curious look and asked, if these are my own eggs or donor eggs, I said my own. He then went on about the miracles of keto diet, which he didn't ask me to follow during both my cycles. He said it would help with inflammation, which i didn't know. By then my confidence was low about the transfer, about the quality of my ovum and embryos and the entire success of the process. I was shattered and couldn't hold tears. I really don't know if doctors, especially ones who specialise in fields as this could be so insensitive. I was completely stressed out during the entire period and it didnt come as a shock when they called up to report my unsuccessful pregnancy results.
Don't expect much.
I was being seen by the nurses/nurse-practitioners at the Rochester branch of CNY Fertility. Sure, they were friendly, but no warmth at all. It's just a routine job for them. For patients like me, who are at the fag-end of fertility, we need a little bit of compassion and reassurance, which was lacking most of the time i went there. And, the nurses who saw me were never the same during the visits, which made me wonder if they really know my case or not. And during both my unsuccessful IVF procedures, the nurse who called me, was so insensitive, she right away asked what are my future plans, whether i intend to do another transfer, even before i could digest the news of negative pregnancy test. who would do that? I felt like they just wanted to move on to the next task, and no concern for the patient's feeling was given any gravity at all.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are efficient, and knew what they were doing. Sometimes the waiting time for scan was more than 30-40 minutes, but mostly it was under 15 minutes. They explained the medication procedures in detail and was prompt to provide me with a substitute vial of an injection from the clinic stock, since the medicine vial i got from the pharmacy was leaking. I replaced it, but their pro-active action helped me with continuing the cycle without any breaks.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It doesn't feel like a clinic, the ambience is more homely. Waiting time is under 15 minutes most of the times, but there were times when I had to wait for 40 minutes for a scan. The cover protocols are followed strictly and the nurses are efficient. they don't call up with an explanation for your blood tests or anything, nor will they prep you for what to expect.
I was under the impression that our insurance covered the entire procedure associated with IVF. We didn't know that assisted hatching was not covered in this and the financial team failed to inform us as well.we received a bill for both transfers and we are still clueless about it.
I was advised y Dr. Kiltz that because of my age, its wise to do multiple embryo transfer. Hence, for both my cycles, I transferred two embryos each.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I would have expected someone from the clinic to let me know what went wrong with my failed IVFs. It was such an emotional and physically traumatic journey, its a courtesy that i think they should follow.

2021, Consult
I had very little interaction with Dr. Klitz--most of the time I was speaking to an NP in his place. I didn't feel like much attention was given to my individual situation...I felt like they were pushing different treatments like a product line for me to choose from, rather than waiting for the test results and giving me a medically informed recommendation...A second major problem I had was Dr. Klitz's pushing of the keto diet for his patients...
The clinic's [CNY Fertility Center] obvious strength is its mission to make fertility treatments more accessible and affordable...The downside seems to be that these low prices come at the cost of impersonal care and everything possible delegated out of the REs' hands. The money you save will come at the cost of having to educate and advocate for yourself...I appreciated the relaxing atmosphere they created in the waiting room and how much they seemed to want to minimize patients' stress...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
The main weakness of this doctor was simply how overextended he is--I got very little time with him and almost everything was delegated to physician extenders. I know all fertility clinics delegate monitoring and minor procedures to extenders, but in this case, almost all of the discussion of my test results and treatment recommendations happened through an NP. A second major problem I had was Dr. Klitz's pushing of the keto diet for his patients. This did not appear to be an evidence-backed recommendation, and according to all the studies I've seen--including those cited on FertilityIQ itself--eating lots of meat and avoiding grains is generally not recommended for fertility. He has a website called "Klitz Keto Cure" and an e-book where he insists that patients should eat lots of fat and "zero sugar and carbohydrates." As a person with familial high cholesterol whose cardiac health would have been seriously harmed by adopting keto, I was especially bothered that this diet is being pushed without discretion on all his patients. This was the factor that made me decide I could not continue to be treated by him, despite how much money it would save me.
It may save you money (assuming you don't need to do more cycles with him than at a different clinic), but your treatment will be impersonal and maybe not the best for your individual situation. I would ask yourself if the saved money is worth having to do a bunch of research to ensure that his recommendations are appropriate for your case, vs. going to a clinic that's less assembly-line. If you do need to go here because of the prices, just be sure to educate yourself and not blindly accept the treatment/lifestyle recommendations.
I had very little interaction with Dr. Klitz--most of the time I was speaking to an NP in his place. I didn't feel like much attention was given to my individual situation--I was never asked how many children I'd like to have, for example. I had written in the portal questionnaire before the initial consult that I was only looking for testing at this point, NOT treatment--but the consultation opened with "So you're interested in doing IUI or IVF?" Each appointment I went to, I was asked what treatment I was doing, even though testing hadn't been completed yet. I felt like they were pushing different treatments like a product line for me to choose from, rather than waiting for the test results and giving me a medically informed recommendation. Treatment was repeatedly pushed on me even though I'd been trying for only three cycles and was in my late thirties--I later learned that many clinics won't even evaluate patients my age who've been trying for fewer than six cycles, because my situation didn't meet the ASRM's diagnosis of infertility. I was disappointed that they weren't upfront with me about this, but everything felt so rushed that I'm not sure that they noticed that I'd been trying for only three cycles. During my HSG, I was in one of a huge line of exam rooms and really felt like I was in an assembly line, with the doctor hurrying from room to room. Finally, rather than recommend supplements and other lifestyle changes for my individual situation, I was given a huge packet of recommendations with notes to ignore some of them if I had a certain condition like PCOS. This was fine for me, but I feel like some patients might have trouble navigating this information and get the wrong information from this packet.
N/A--I decided to seek treatment elsewhere.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurse who did my bloodwork and the NP who did my ultrasound were both very warm and kind. Unfortunately, when I went to schedule my preconception + day 3 hormone bloodwork, the nurse incorrectly said that the cycle day didn't matter (I'm not sure if she didn't notice the hormone tests in the list). I happened to know that the day did matter and was able to correct her, but this would have otherwise been a very disruptive mistake. The nurse who threaded my catheter for the HSG did so very roughly and painfully, and when the doctor came in, he said it had been inserted it incorrectly and had to pull it out and reinsert it.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic's obvious strength is its mission to make fertility treatments more accessible and affordable. This is a really noble mission, and I think it's also helped hold other clinics more accountable for their prices. It is great that they extended this philosophy to caring for people across the country and helping them figure out how to travel for care. A lot of the staff seemed to be very caring and invested in this mission. I appreciated the relaxing atmosphere they created in the waiting room and how much they seemed to want to minimize patients' stress. The downside seems to be that these low prices come at the cost of impersonal care and everything possible delegated out of the REs' hands. The money you save will come at the cost of having to educate and advocate for yourself. COVID notes: They required patients to upload their vaccine cards, which I appreciated. However, they allowed children and spouses to stay in the waiting room and didn't enforce masking on them.
All my tests were covered by my insurance. All treatments except for IVF would have been had I pursued them. IVF wouldn't have been covered, and prices would have been among the lowest in the nation. I was charged a $50 deposit for the initial consultation that was then applied to my later coinsurance bills.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
At some point, an NP told me my TSH should be 1.0 or below. When my TSH came in between 2 and 2.5, I received no follow up. When I finally asked about it, I was told that the value was fine because Dr. Klitz likes to see the value below 2.5. This is an example of the problems of being shuffled between multiple providers.
Syracuse

When you try to ask questions, [Dr. Robert Kiltz] just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress...I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified!
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do...unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is VERY INTENSE. He truly wants to help you get pregnant and start a family, and that is amazing. He is very knowledgeable, and sometimes it is hard to follow him because he trows A LOT of medical terminology at you and talks very fast, making it hard to understand. When you try to ask questions, he just replies with “the nurses will go over all this information with you”, so that is a little frustrating. He pushes his Keto diet VERY HARD, and I felt like I didn’t have a choice but to follow that diet, and that created more stress for me because I was/am so hard on myself because I haven’t gotten pregnant yet, so every time I “cheat” on keto, he makes me feel like that’s why I’m not pregnant. The day of my egg retreaval, as I was laying on the operating table, he was asking me how my keto was going and I had told him good and that I had a salad the previous day, and he said to me, “lettuce will kill babies, do not eat that!” I was terrified! When I am in the clinic, Dr Kiltz is very nice, for the short time I see him, and always says “God Bless” as he leaves the room, and I do love that. I’m not sure if I would choose to see him again, because he is so intense, I would rather see a different doctor in his practice, Dr Corley!
Take a lot of notes, because he talks very fast! Try to not be offended when he talks about his “Kiltz’s Keto”.
With the very first cycle, everything was amazing! The travel nurses were very informative and kept me updated on what was happening and called me with results quickly! As my failed cycles went on, I felt like I was “forgotten”, and I had to keep calling the nurses and asking for my results and directions as to what I should do, they were making it very stressful. You have to talk to a different nurse every time you call, making it hard for them to have a good relationship with you.
He always used his immune protocol do decrease possible inflammation. The medications we used for almost every cycle were: Prednisone, Low dose aspirin, LDN, Intralipid Infusions once a week prior to and after transfer, estradiol. And KETO. Unfortunately I have never been pregnant, I did have 1 chemical pregnancy, but zero success. He isn’t sure why I am not getting pregnant, and has labeled it “unexplained infertility”.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel team is very uninformative. I had to keep calling them to get my test results, and that made things very stressful. And every time you call you speak to a different travel nurse, and have to wait for them to go through your entire chart before they can help you, making it very frustrating. I finally asked if I could have one nurse please take care of me because I was getting misinformed and getting wrong medication dosage by multiple nurses. On one occasion, three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication. I finally got connected with a nurse named, Kristine K, and she is truly AMAZING! She is A part of the travel team and it is so sweet and truly cares about you. So when I call now to speak to a nurse I specifically asked for her and I don’t mind waiting on hold until I can speak with her, because I know I can trust her and she will tell me the correct information, and advocate for me to Dr. Kiltz. I love her and she really does care about me and want me to get pregnant! When I go to the clinic to have my transfers, I always get a nurse name Ashley (I do not remember her last name, but she has tattoos down her arm and dark hair and very pretty), and she is a rockstar when I am there! She is very down to earth and wants the best for us and does not mess around with treatment!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel client, so the only time that I go to the clinic is for the egg retrieval and transfers. When we first arrived the clinic feels like a spa! It is literally beautiful and very welcoming! I felt very relaxed while I was there and never nervous. The very first time we were there we got to walk down the hall where the embryologists were working, that was very interesting and nice knowing where my embryos were going. I have done acupuncture a few times before and after my transfer, and it was truly relaxing, I highly recommend doing that. Every single person at the clinic that I encountered was very polite, always smiling, and excited that you were there!
I am a travel client, so on day one of my menstrual, I would call CNY And let them know I had started, and then they would upload a order to my patient portal for me to schedule my ultrasound and lab work. The facility where I got my ultrasound at got me in immediately and treated me like a STAT patient. (kudos to Fulton County Health Center in Wauseon Ohio!) I would have to get my lab work done at Toledo Hospital, due to it needing STAT results.
The initial phone consultation/interview was free with Dr. Kiltz. Once I completed all of my deemed testing prior to doing IVF, then I could order medications for egg retrieval. I choose to pay in full for my Single Cycle IVF with out of town monitoring, and that was $4,050.00, that included one egg retrieval, anesthesia, assisted hatching, embryo storage for one year from retrieval, and one fresh embryo transfer. Every frozen transfer after that was $450 plus $150 monitor fee for the nurses, totaling $600 each time I did a frozen transfer. But those prices are only good for one year from me signing my contract with them in September 2019. I do know that their prices have increased since then, but I do not know those prices, as I still have one frozen embryo left. I did get my initial medications for egg retrieval from integrity pharmacy, that CNY recommended, and that total was $3085.71. Every frozen transfer was a little different, and I was able to get those medications from my local pharmacy for the immune protocol.
He will only do 1 embryo transfer, and states it is a standard. My third transfer, he did agree to transfer 2 embryos, and unfortunately that didn’t work either. He believes that it doesn’t increase your chances of getting pregnant by increasing the number of embryos transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The travel nurses are not good at communicating instructions, and sometimes they do not call with my lab and ultrasound results, so I have to call them and get them and speak to multiple nurses to get the information. They are supposed to call you that day after you get your lab and ultrasound, I should never have to call into them, they should be contacting me. One day three different nurses told me three different ways to take a medication, until I demanded to talk to my travel nurse that I prefer, Kristine K, and she told me that something was wrong and that she needed to call Dr. Kiltz himself to figure out what to do next. And unfortunately because of all of that miscommunication. I had to cancel my cycle before I could even really start because I wasn’t taking the correct medication.
Syracuse

I have only spoken to Dr. Kiltz once on the phone...The call was early in the morning (7 or 7:15) and he was exactly on time, which was impressive...He was friendly and knowledgable. He was compassionate, but didn't really ask me too much about my history or seem to have reviewed my file...Expect to hear about keto, the bebbi diet, Kiltz's keto, and that plants are out to kill us...I'd also say that he seems to be super dedicated to his work and is very passionate.
Sometimes I felt kind of lost [at CNY Fertility Center], like I was getting different information from each person I spoke with, like no one had reviewed my file before seeing me...I've only seen a doctor three times, and I really don't know who my doctor is...Everyone at the clinic is very kind. Some are friendlier and more personable than others, but all were very nice, and all seemed knowledgeable... They make a lot of people's dreams reality, so that's a strength.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have only spoken to Dr. Kiltz once on the phone. I had a follow up call with him after several failed IUIs and before going to IVF. The call was early in the morning (7 or 7:15) and he was exactly on time, which was impressive. The call was good, and he agreed that IVF was a good next step. He was friendly and knowledgable. He was compassionate, but didn't really ask me too much about my history or seem to have reviewed my file. He spent a good portion of the call talking about the keto diet and that plants are killers. You can tell that he really cares about his patients and is passionate about what he does. I feel like there are some people who are lucky to see him often and get to know him, and then there are others who only interact with him once, if at all.
Expect to hear about keto, the bebbi diet, Kiltz's keto, and that plants are out to kill us. I'd also say that he seems to be super dedicated to his work and is very passionate. He regularly gives out his cell phone number, he does weekly fb/instagram live videos (daily during COVID19 pandemic), he starts his calls early in the morning. He must always be working! I wonder when he sleeps!
I selected that my care has been under two doctors, but I've only seen a doctor three times, and I really don't know who my doctor is. I had my initial consult with a PA who I have spoken to once since, I had a follow up call before going to IVP with Dr. Kiltz and he signs most of my prescriptions, and my HSG and egg retrieval were with Dr. Corley. Every other phone call and appointment was with a nurse...practically a different nurse each time. Sometimes I felt kind of lost, like I was getting different information from each person I spoke with, like no one had reviewed my file before seeing me. I really had to do a lot of my own homework and followup. I feel like my first egg retrieval was a real learning experience, so I'm eager to go into the second retrieval now that I know what to expect and what to do.
I first planned to do three IUIs then move to IVF. My IUI cycles included a z-pak, prednisone, letrozol, ovidrel, and endometrin. I did not have any adverse reactions to the medication. I think I produced 1-3 follicles. The third IUI changed to a timed intercourse cycle, as my bloodwork indicated that I had either just ovulated or was about to. They said I could have still done the IUI, but there was an increased chance that the timing would be off. For IVF, I started with a z-pak and prednisone, and stimmed with compound HCG and Follistim. I then used cetrotide and triggered with leuprolide acetate. I was supposed to trigger with HCG as well, but there was an error with the script and I never got it. I didn't realize I was supposed to have it. Apparently it wasn't signed and CVS Specialty sent it back to the clinic for signature, but never got it. Only four eggs were retrieved, 2 matured, and 1 fertilized and made it to blast. Genetic testing indicated it was abnormal. I'm waiting for my second retrieval and the meds I have this time are follistim and menopur to stim, then cetrotide, followed by HCG and leuprolide acetate to trigger. During a follow up call with a nurse, she said that I responded as though I have a low ovarian reserve, even though my blood work does not indicate that. This was the protocol that she designed...I believe she called it the 450/150 protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone at the clinic is very kind. Some are friendlier and more personable than others, but all were very nice, and all seemed knowledgeable. I have seen a lot of nurses at the clinic and have spoken to many different nurses on the phone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Fertility sees a lot of people, and is willing to try unconventional things to help people become parents. There can be a significant wait time to get your consultation, but once you're in, it's pretty quick to schedule all appointments and procedures to get moving. They make a lot of people's dreams reality, so that's a strength. I like that they have and encourage yoga, meditation, and acupuncture. Unfortunately many people feel like just a number there...probably a bi-product of seeing so many people. I'm considered a travel patient, even though I only live an hour away. I don't really know who my assigned doctor is, and I speak to/see someone different almost every time I'm there, call, or message through the portal. I imagine that local, non-travel patients may have a different experience. It's VERY important to stay on top of everything, so that no balls are dropped. Do your research, follow up, ask questions. There was an error filling one of my scripts for my egg retrieval and I didn't know that I was missing one of my triggers. There were so many back and forths with the clinic and my pharmacy that I didn't realize that something was missing. Then, leading up to my retrieval every appointment started with "so, we're doing an IUI?", to which I responded "no, IVF." Not sure how that wasn't in my file and why no one knew that. Made me extra nervous. They're really the only clinic around, and I can't afford to travel elsewhere. They seem to get results and overall I've had a very pleasant experience there. Everyone is very nice, the clinic is clean, modern, and they take care of you well and make sure you're comfortable. I'd recommend it as long as you know to stay on top of things and advocate for yourself. Eager to start my next round and still hoping for my rainbow baby.
I'm still waiting for some billing to come through. My insurance covered my IUIs, so I only had to pay two copays at each visit, one for the appointment and one for bloodwork. My medications for my three IUIs cost several hundred dollars. Since I live in NY and work for a company with more than 100 staff, my IVF cycles are now partially covered. Unfortunately they do not cover the techniques used to fertilize the eggs (assisted hatching and something else that escapes me at the moment) and I believe that will cost $1000. It was $700 for the embryologist to sample the blastocyst, and I believe another $700 for the genetic testing (would be higher if I had more than one embryo). I have not gotten a bill from CNY for the fertilization and the embryologist. My medications have probably cost around $1,000. I need to follow up with the financial team to make sure that my next retrieval is covered. Dr. Kiltz mentioned last night in his fb live video that some insurances are tricky with what they mean by three rounds. If it is not covered, then I will have to go to out of pocket pay with a financed payment plan, and I believe that is around $5,000. I know that I am fortunate to have insurance cover a lot of this, but it is still more than what my husband and I can really afford to pay at this time.
I have not gotten to transfer yet. I have one frozen day 5/6 embryo that came back as abnormal after genetic testing. Eager to have my second retrieval and will hopefully get more embryos and move to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
One of my prescriptions for one of my triggers for my egg retrieval was called in, but apparently was not signed. I didn't realize I was missing medication until my last appointment before the retrieval when the nurse came in to give me my instructions. CVS Specialty said they received an unsigned script and sent it back with a request for signature but never got it. I was never notified. Thankfully they adjusted on the fly and I was able to trigger with just the leuprolide acetate. Not sure if that had anything to do with only getting four eggs or not. After my retrieval I had a call with an NP out of their Buffalo office to discuss next steps. It was a wonderful call and I felt confident moving forward. Plan was to prime for 60 days with omnitrope, then go into another retrieval. The NP told me to message her the month before my next retrieval month to schedule an ultrasound and bloodwork on day 20/21. She said that she might want to have me start some additional meds to prep. This was last month, as COVID19 was shutting down clinics. I read on the clinic's page and heard in Dr. Kiltz's live videos that they were not starting new cycles. So I messaged the NP and asked her what to do about the CD 20/21 u/s and bloodwork...asked if COVID was impacting the clinic. She said they were not stopping and to call to schedule my appointment. I called Syracuse the next day. The nurse I spoke to was shocked and didn't know why I was given that information. They were not scheduling those appointments or starting new cycles, like I had read on their site. She said that it's okay to keep priming for another 30 days. I felt deflated and disappointed to have to press pause on this journey. It lowered my confidence in the NP and made me feel like I don't know where to turn to get accurate information that is specific to my case.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour on the phone with my husband and I discussing our health, history, and steps moving forward. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and professionally. We could tell he was passionate about his work and we are beyond hopeful to finally do this and hopefully will be carrying our first baby within the near future. I can text or call him and he responds right away. I haven’t emailed him yet, but there is that route available if necessary...took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Whenever I email the nurses [at CNY Fertility Center], they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages...Their nursing and financial team are great. Dr. Kiltz is great. Unfortunately I haven’t dealt with anyone else. They make IVF affordable for all who are trying to achieve their dreams of having children. I didn’t receive the greatest care at other fertility places but at CNY, they treat you with respect, like family and they have monthly IVF grants to help pay for IVF cycles. I’m excited for this journey and for CNY to help my husband and I become first time parents!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have not yet begun my IVF process since I am waiting for my first cycle to arrive so I can start. When my husband and I consulted with Dr. Kiltz, he was friendly, engaging, explained things so that we’d understand, and offered his cell phone, email and told us to contact him whenever if we had further questions or concerns. What doctor does that??? I have not met a doctor that offered their private cell phones to patients!
You will love him!
Dr. Kiltz took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Whenever I email the nurses, they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages.
He is affordable!!!!!
Latham

2020, Consult
During the consultation I never actually spoke to Dr. Kiltz. I spoke to a doctor in the GA office. I was not expecting that and because of that it wasn't very personal. It felt like she was simply reading from a checklist of questions to ask me...You don't speak to him until you are ready for treatment. It's very odd. I know he's very busy but it's odd to not have communication with your doctor. You mostly interact with nurses. With that being said I've heard great things about him and appreciate his weekly chats on social media.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] is very affordable...The price point is the clinic's best selling point. The hardest challenge for me after speaking to other doctors was how impersonal my interactions felt with CNY. I had to really ask myself if the low price point was worth feeling like I was completely on my own...Talking to multiple people led to a lot of confusion and needing to have the same conversation with several different people before getting the correct answer.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
You need to be very very organized because the clinic has a lot going on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Since I was an out of state patient I communicated through the patient portal. It was really confusing. Some nurses were very helpful and others were not. I found that asking very specific questions and really outlining the information that I needed was helpful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very affordable and as long as what you need to transparent you can get the information you need from their website which has been recently updated. The price point is the clinic's best selling point. The hardest challenge for me after speaking to other doctors was how impersonal my interactions felt with CNY. I had to really ask myself if the low price point was worth feeling like I was completely on my own.
All of the information is online. My situation was a bit more complicated.
Did not have a conversation about this.
Syracuse

Kiltz is always knowledgeable and gets us information that we need. He helps trying to figure out issues that have come along. He also connects to via social media and always responds to as many questions as possible. Has answered several of ours. He also has given us his personal cell phone and he has always responded.... On our case Kiltz has done 2 egg transfer and a single egg transfer. Both our decision, Kiltz didn't see anything that would not allow multiple egg transfer.
Long wait times at the clinic [CNY], but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.... We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Trust him. He will always have your back. He is willing to reach out to speak to your Dr if your are from out of state for monitoring.
Kiltz and his staff take the time to explain things to you. They spend the time to troubleshooting issues. Kiltz has also given us his personal cell number if we have questions or issues. Staff is always there, always gets things sent to my dr since I live several states away.
I've cycle and meds. He puts you on hydroclorique and a z-pack to help make the uterus better suited to host an embryo. He also adjusts meds based off of your blood work and ultra sounds. He does push keto to help bring down inflammation in the body.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are professional and compassionate. Very friendly. They go out of their way to ensure things are correct and in order.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Weakness you have to travel, but we have signed up for that. Long wait times at the clinic, but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.
We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider. Based off of that info they would determine if we are ready for a transfer or retrieval.
Medicines 3500, retrieval and transfer meds. Monitoring egg retrieval and transfer 3900. Price has gone up but we are grandfathered in. 250 fee for each transfer. 850 after 12 months for egg storage. acupuncture 75 Travel and hotel 4000 during retrieval process. Tickets to travel to NY each transfer roughly 600 each, prices change pending on the time if year.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day...is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
She [the nurse at CNY Fertility Center] sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
Open your heart to possibilities because that is what Dr. Kiltz offers. Don't bother going anywhere else.
I had made the mistake of seeing a different fertility clinic first and it was a terrible and defeating experience. Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day.
He started out with tests, blood, ultrasound, semen analysis, and a procedure to make sure there was no cause for concern before any fertility procedures were mentioned. Once we got the clear we discussed IUI. He knew our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment so he gave u workable options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnan)
She sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, very clean and well laid out. Strengths-This clinic is a well oiled machine. They have a portal where I can access all my tests and records. I can also email the nursing staff and get a same day response. They are knowledgeable in fertility and also both eastern and western medicine. They promote yoga and specialized diet. Weaknesses: None.
All costs were covered for preliminary testing except for deductibles. All other costs can be financed if needed.

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!...Recommend transferring one embryo...We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available
Our communication with them [CNY Fertility Center] so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is early but so far has been awesome. We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available. He is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!
Have questions & plans of actions ready to go. They can be quick with you, but they are running a large clinic with a lot of patients trying to offer affordable fertility treatment to as many patients as they can, which is a great thing! If you’re thinking of trying a new protocol or med, just ask! They seem very open & Dr. Kiltz actually promotes that openness in his nightly virtual chats!
We are working with CNY Fertility from afar, as travel patients. Our communication with them so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
egg retrieval & IVF. Can start as soon as we are ready to get medications, secure monitoring with a local doc, & make plans to travel to NY!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Very good at communicating & knowledgeable! I have noticed you talk to a lot of different people / nurses though. That’s fine with me though, I understand it’s a large clinic seeing a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I wish they were closer or had a location in Michigan!!! I know they’re growing & offering a lot of state of the art treatment & procedures which I think is great! I am so excited to travel to the Syracuse Clinic, from reviews I’ve read & pictures I’ve seen online, it looks very nice. Like a spa.
$3,900 for IVF plus add-one we are still looking into (ex embryo glue & PRP - these will add a couple extra hundred dollars). Plus, mediation that was quoted around $2,500 & travel. This is still significantly cheaper than the $20,860 we were quoted by a local RE for IVF!
Recommend transferring one embryo , although when it’s time, I’m going to ask about transferring two as well as PRP & embryo glue.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Kiltz] was so friendly and outgoing. He made me and my husband very comfortable during our retrieval. He did two of my transfers and always made me laugh during them. He made sure all of our questions were always answered and we never left confused or questioning the next steps...Our retrieval protocol was very basic I believe. We did ten days of stims with ultrasound every few days. We triggered with Ovidrel and did our retrieval and fresh transfer...
The entire clinic [CNY Fertility Center] was amazing. They were there for me every step of the way. I miscarried my first transfer and they always checked on me to see how I was doing. His nurse practitioner called me from home during her own health crisis to make sure my protocol was correct for our next transfers to get the best possible outcome...Any questions I had they were quick to get back to me. If I ever had any problems they would bring me right in to get looked at...
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He was so friendly and outgoing. He made me and my husband very comfortable during our retrieval. He did two of my transfers and always made me laugh during them. He made sure all of our questions were always answered and we never left confused or questioning the next steps.
Be patient. He's worth the wait.
The entire clinic was amazing. They were there for me every step of the way. I miscarried my first transfer and they always checked on me to see how I was doing. His nurse practitioner called me from home during her own health crisis to make sure my protocol was correct for our next transfers to get the best possible outcome.
Our retrieval protocol was very basic I believe. We did ten days of stims with ultrasound every few days. We triggered with Ovidrel and did our retrieval and fresh transfer. I miscarried. They changed my protocol to an immune protocol because of the miscarriage. That transfer failed. Then changed it back to a basic one for my third transfer which resulted in my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I believe her name was Donna.)
The nurse was amazing. They all were so nice and caring. Any questions I had they were quick to get back to me. If I ever had any problems they would bring me right in to get looked at.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean. It's like going to a spa. It's amazing. They sometimes are very busy and it's a little bit of a wait but they are worth it and I wouldn't go anywhere else. You have to stay on top of the billing if you see them at a location other than Syracuse. I've had to have my insurance correct most bills due to my insurance having a glitch with it having kiltz as both in and out of network and the way claims are sent to them.
The cost was allot lower then I expected. In total we paid around 5k between the ivf and transfers. We didn't have any coverage for IVF but my insurance did cover the monitoring
We did two transfers of one embryo. The first I miscarried. The second didn't take. Knowing I had two lower quality embryos left. And it being a three hour drive each transfer. I asked that we transfer our last two together and they were willing to do that because if the two previous transfer results. That third transfer ended up resulting in my son.
Buffalo
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
My first retrieval [at CNY Fertility Center] was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure...You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.kiltz as a person is an amazing soul. However I do believe the client has to many patients and can not give certain attention each patients need with their fertility issue. You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great. Dr.corley is my favorite. All of them pray after transfer which I absolutely love. I just feel as a number thou and always rushed along at appointments and transfer and I believe this is due to overbooking.
Slow down make your patient feel important not rushed. Everyone is different and everyone needs a personal protocol and to find the problem sometime less is more
When I started in 2018 I felt like they were awesome, now I feel like a number after failed transfer over and over you would think we would change something but no I had to throw something out there from speaking with other clients
Wonderful overwhelmed but wonderful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My first retrieval was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure. So I'm very proud of the up grade for retrieval surgical rooms.
Cost is great
2020, Unsuccessful
First cycle [with Dr. Kiltz] was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle...Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday...Do not expect personalized treatment.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient [at CNY]. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use...Low cost but treatment rendered reflects the price paid. Travel patients usually don’t get a call with results until the end of the day. You may have to call them & ask for your results. Responses to emails are sometimes unhelpful & the response provided demonstrates that the person responding never looked at your history.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz met with me & my husband for the initial consult & I haven’t spoken to him since. Physicians seem to perform the surgical procedures & every other aspect of treatment is handled by a nurse.
Do not expect personalized treatment.
Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday. I sent a massage through the portal. Results are uploaded to portal. It is late Friday evening & I have yet to receive a call.
First cycle was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle. First baseline showed 6 follicles. Baseline after birth control showed 1 follicle, cancelled cycle. Third cycle, doubled med dosage. Had a decent number of follicles develop, however, miscommunication around timing for retrieval resulted in a loss of 4 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Travel patient. Conducted monitoring offsite.
4K per cycle $1100 per PESA Lab & ultrasound extra Meds extra
It’s been 4 days & no one has called me to discuss my beta results
Syracuse

We had two embryos and even though it was recommended to transfer one Dr Kiltz allowed us to transfer 2...[he] did a wonderful job explaining the procedure and was very gentle and discreet during my embryo transfer. He asked if there was any other questions and told us to call with any concerns. He has a wonderful sense of humor but is serious when needed. It made both my husband and I feel at ease.
The [CNY Fertility] nurses that were present for my egg retrieval and transfer were amazing. They were extremely compassionate and caring...The communication on the portal was great but it was a bit harder to reach staff by phone. I had all my questions answered and felt confident I was receiving the proper info...IVF with fresh transfer was $3,900. We paid $100 to coordinate outside monitoring
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz did a wonderful job explaining the procedure and was very gentle and discreet during my embryo transfer. He asked if there was any other questions and told us to call with any concerns. He has a wonderful sense of humor but is serious when needed. It made both my husband and I feel at ease.
Be prepared to be told like it is. He is also very diet/keto focused
Dr. Kiltz was patient and kind. He was interested in our lives and a positive outcome
I used Menopur and Gonal F then triggered with HCG
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses that were present for my egg retrieval and transfer were amazing. They were extremely compassionate and caring
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The hardest part was travel but it turned out to be better. We were able to get away and focus on us. The communication on the portal was great but it was a bit harder to reach staff by phone. I had all my questions answered and felt confident I was receiving the proper info
I monitored at a clinic near my home but it was a seamless method
IVF with fresh transfer was $3,900. We paid $100 to coordinate outside monitoring. We paid $3400 to integrity pharmacy for meds and approximately $1000 for travel expenses
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The only thing was I was supposed to be notified by phone regarding my HCG levels and I had to call several times to get them

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Robert Kiltz] has a big heart and he thinks everyone should get the chance at being a mom know matter your age, weight and that's what i like so much about him. The only thing that i can think of that is weird is that he pushes keto on all patients...He only will let transfer 2 if you meet certain conditions...I think its great that you can text your dr on their cell phone and he cares enough to call tou or text you back
[The staff at CNY Fertility Center] dont give up on you. They dont care about their stats they help everyone know matter what. They will not turn you away like most other clinics do. They are there to help you any way they can to get you your bring home baby...Some times they dont get labs results and it take like 4 or 5 times calling before they get them
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
To me he has a big heart and he thinks everyone should get the chance at being a mom know matter your age, weight and that's what i like so much about him. The only thing that i can think of that is weird is that he pushes keto on all patients.
Look out for the keto push lol
I think its great that you can text your dr on their cell phone and he cares enough to call tou or text you back.
Im just starting this stage
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are really sweet and help all that they can
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They dont give up on you. They dont care about their stats they help everyone know matter what. They will not turn you away like most other clinics do. They are there to help you any way they can to get you your bring home baby.
I got a fresh cycle donor eggs 7 in all and of the 7 i have 3 embryos 2 5day 4ab,3bc and a day 6 4cc. It cost me 12,000
He only will let transfer 2 if you meet certain conditions.