4.6

195 Intrepid Lane
Syracuse, NY 13205
315.469.8700

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz spent over an hour on the phone with my husband and I discussing our health, history, and steps moving forward. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and professionally. We could tell he was passionate about his work and we are beyond hopeful to finally do this and hopefully will be carrying our first baby within the near future. I can text or call him and he responds right away. I haven’t emailed him yet, but there is that route available if necessary...took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Whenever I email the nurses [at CNY Fertility Center], they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages...Their nursing and financial team are great. Dr. Kiltz is great. Unfortunately I haven’t dealt with anyone else. They make IVF affordable for all who are trying to achieve their dreams of having children. I didn’t receive the greatest care at other fertility places but at CNY, they treat you with respect, like family and they have monthly IVF grants to help pay for IVF cycles. I’m excited for this journey and for CNY to help my husband and I become first time parents!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have not yet begun my IVF process since I am waiting for my first cycle to arrive so I can start. When my husband and I consulted with Dr. Kiltz, he was friendly, engaging, explained things so that we’d understand, and offered his cell phone, email and told us to contact him whenever if we had further questions or concerns. What doctor does that??? I have not met a doctor that offered their private cell phones to patients!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
You will love him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Robert Kiltz used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Kiltz took mine and my husband’s health, and pre-existing conditions into consideration for our first IVF treatment. He recommended I go on a keto diet because a lot of what I was experiencing was due to inflammation. My husband and I have lost weight since taking Dr. Kiltz’s advice. I’m not a medical professional so I can’t speak to the medications that were ordered for me. I’m new to this whole process so I don’t have a lot to share.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Whenever I email the nurses, they always answer me promptly. When I call, they’re always very helpful and put me at ease. The only negative thing is that when messaging them through the online portal, you can’t reply to their messages.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center.
He is affordable!!!!!
Describe Robert Kiltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Latham

2020, Consult
During the consultation I never actually spoke to Dr. Kiltz. I spoke to a doctor in the GA office. I was not expecting that and because of that it wasn't very personal. It felt like she was simply reading from a checklist of questions to ask me...You don't speak to him until you are ready for treatment. It's very odd. I know he's very busy but it's odd to not have communication with your doctor. You mostly interact with nurses. With that being said I've heard great things about him and appreciate his weekly chats on social media.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] is very affordable...The price point is the clinic's best selling point. The hardest challenge for me after speaking to other doctors was how impersonal my interactions felt with CNY. I had to really ask myself if the low price point was worth feeling like I was completely on my own...Talking to multiple people led to a lot of confusion and needing to have the same conversation with several different people before getting the correct answer.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
You need to be very very organized because the clinic has a lot going on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Since I was an out of state patient I communicated through the patient portal. It was really confusing. Some nurses were very helpful and others were not. I found that asking very specific questions and really outlining the information that I needed was helpful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very affordable and as long as what you need to transparent you can get the information you need from their website which has been recently updated. The price point is the clinic's best selling point. The hardest challenge for me after speaking to other doctors was how impersonal my interactions felt with CNY. I had to really ask myself if the low price point was worth feeling like I was completely on my own.
All of the information is online. My situation was a bit more complicated.
Did not have a conversation about this.
Syracuse

Kiltz is always knowledgeable and gets us information that we need. He helps trying to figure out issues that have come along. He also connects to via social media and always responds to as many questions as possible. Has answered several of ours. He also has given us his personal cell phone and he has always responded.... On our case Kiltz has done 2 egg transfer and a single egg transfer. Both our decision, Kiltz didn't see anything that would not allow multiple egg transfer.
Long wait times at the clinic [CNY], but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.... We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Trust him. He will always have your back. He is willing to reach out to speak to your Dr if your are from out of state for monitoring.
Kiltz and his staff take the time to explain things to you. They spend the time to troubleshooting issues. Kiltz has also given us his personal cell number if we have questions or issues. Staff is always there, always gets things sent to my dr since I live several states away.
I've cycle and meds. He puts you on hydroclorique and a z-pack to help make the uterus better suited to host an embryo. He also adjusts meds based off of your blood work and ultra sounds. He does push keto to help bring down inflammation in the body.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are professional and compassionate. Very friendly. They go out of their way to ensure things are correct and in order.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Weakness you have to travel, but we have signed up for that. Long wait times at the clinic, but they have people from around the world coming to CNY. You have to be understanding. Strengths they are always their, always apologetic when there is long wait times or issues with pregnancy. Very sympathetic very compassionate. Always understanding, very knowledgeable. The price is lower then most by thousands, that's including travel and hotel. Always avaliable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
We live out of state. So Kiltz and his office would schedule the test needed with my health care provider. Based off of that info they would determine if we are ready for a transfer or retrieval.
Medicines 3500, retrieval and transfer meds. Monitoring egg retrieval and transfer 3900. Price has gone up but we are grandfathered in. 250 fee for each transfer. 850 after 12 months for egg storage. acupuncture 75 Travel and hotel 4000 during retrieval process. Tickets to travel to NY each transfer roughly 600 each, prices change pending on the time if year.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day...is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
She [the nurse at CNY Fertility Center] sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz is a warm and caring individual who loves his work and his patients. He didn't push anything we couldn't afford and he still gave us options. He understood our trials and had compassion for us and our situation. He also has chats online and explains thing to all of us. He spends time online even after his work day is done, it's never done for him. I like that he features both eastern and western medicine as ways to promote fertility.
Open your heart to possibilities because that is what Dr. Kiltz offers. Don't bother going anywhere else.
I had made the mistake of seeing a different fertility clinic first and it was a terrible and defeating experience. Dr. Kiltz and his team made us feel at ease, that we could indeed afford treatment, and that he could help us. He made our visit feel like it was the only one he had that day.
He started out with tests, blood, ultrasound, semen analysis, and a procedure to make sure there was no cause for concern before any fertility procedures were mentioned. Once we got the clear we discussed IUI. He knew our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment so he gave u workable options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marnan)
She sat down with us for quite a while and asked what we expected and if we had questions. She answered all of them in a knowledgeable and down to earth way. She showed compassion for our previous losses. She told us we would start looking into testing right away and it was a relief. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart and she knows her stuff. She also offered a keto diet and yoga as ways to improve fertility as well. I voiced my opinion on a medicine I didn't want to take and she gave me an OTC alternative.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, very clean and well laid out. Strengths-This clinic is a well oiled machine. They have a portal where I can access all my tests and records. I can also email the nursing staff and get a same day response. They are knowledgeable in fertility and also both eastern and western medicine. They promote yoga and specialized diet. Weaknesses: None.
All costs were covered for preliminary testing except for deductibles. All other costs can be financed if needed.

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!...Recommend transferring one embryo...We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available
Our communication with them [CNY Fertility Center] so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
It is early but so far has been awesome. We haven’t personally gotten to see Dr. Kiltz yet, but hopefully soon for retrieval. We are working with his clinic in Syracuse & so far, staff has been great! I’ve read Dr. kiltz’s Keto articles, watched his TED Talk, & watch his Fireside chats every night. He answers questions there & is always available. He is so knowledgeable & up to date with procedures & medications. Love how he integrates eastern & western medicine! He truly treats the whole person all while doing this & offering affordable fertility which people deserve!
Have questions & plans of actions ready to go. They can be quick with you, but they are running a large clinic with a lot of patients trying to offer affordable fertility treatment to as many patients as they can, which is a great thing! If you’re thinking of trying a new protocol or med, just ask! They seem very open & Dr. Kiltz actually promotes that openness in his nightly virtual chats!
We are working with CNY Fertility from afar, as travel patients. Our communication with them so far has been over the phone & through the patient portal. Despite this, I have felt 100% treated as a human & not just a number, even by such a large clinic handling a lot of patients. CNY has been quick to respond, attentive, & keeps track of my results & answers my questions timely. I did my initial phone consult with Katie Falcon & she was awesome! So educated & took time to listen to my questions & answer them to the best of her ability. CNY even called after I submitted blood results into my portal & wrote my a prescription because I currently am not working with another RE close to home.
egg retrieval & IVF. Can start as soon as we are ready to get medications, secure monitoring with a local doc, & make plans to travel to NY!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Very good at communicating & knowledgeable! I have noticed you talk to a lot of different people / nurses though. That’s fine with me though, I understand it’s a large clinic seeing a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I wish they were closer or had a location in Michigan!!! I know they’re growing & offering a lot of state of the art treatment & procedures which I think is great! I am so excited to travel to the Syracuse Clinic, from reviews I’ve read & pictures I’ve seen online, it looks very nice. Like a spa.
$3,900 for IVF plus add-one we are still looking into (ex embryo glue & PRP - these will add a couple extra hundred dollars). Plus, mediation that was quoted around $2,500 & travel. This is still significantly cheaper than the $20,860 we were quoted by a local RE for IVF!
Recommend transferring one embryo , although when it’s time, I’m going to ask about transferring two as well as PRP & embryo glue.
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
My first retrieval [at CNY Fertility Center] was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure...You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr.kiltz as a person is an amazing soul. However I do believe the client has to many patients and can not give certain attention each patients need with their fertility issue. You basically call the shots your self so you have to be knowledgeable about fertility or be in support groups you pretty much can try anything and still fail. It's no guarantee of pregnancy but I do believe if they wont so busy their success rate would be much better if the actual had time to sit and figure a protocol out for clients or really find out what the underline issue is. Staff is great. Dr.corley is my favorite. All of them pray after transfer which I absolutely love. I just feel as a number thou and always rushed along at appointments and transfer and I believe this is due to overbooking.
Slow down make your patient feel important not rushed. Everyone is different and everyone needs a personal protocol and to find the problem sometime less is more
When I started in 2018 I felt like they were awesome, now I feel like a number after failed transfer over and over you would think we would change something but no I had to throw something out there from speaking with other clients
Wonderful overwhelmed but wonderful
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My first retrieval was in a supply closet I was very uncomfortable. I had staff walking in to grab supplies and very very unease. It was like the just squeezed a bed in there and stuff they need for procedure. So I'm very proud of the up grade for retrieval surgical rooms.
Cost is great
2020, Unsuccessful
First cycle [with Dr. Kiltz] was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle...Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday...Do not expect personalized treatment.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient [at CNY]. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use...Low cost but treatment rendered reflects the price paid. Travel patients usually don’t get a call with results until the end of the day. You may have to call them & ask for your results. Responses to emails are sometimes unhelpful & the response provided demonstrates that the person responding never looked at your history.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz met with me & my husband for the initial consult & I haven’t spoken to him since. Physicians seem to perform the surgical procedures & every other aspect of treatment is handled by a nurse.
Do not expect personalized treatment.
Met with Dr. once - all other communication & treatment directives conducted by nurse practitioner. Majority of NP did not review my prior medical record prior to prescribing treatment. FET done. Beta test completed on Tuesday. I sent a massage through the portal. Results are uploaded to portal. It is late Friday evening & I have yet to receive a call.
First cycle was a low dose, minimal stimulation. Second cycle postponed because the clinic didn’t have availability - used birth control to ‘pause’ my cycle. First baseline showed 6 follicles. Baseline after birth control showed 1 follicle, cancelled cycle. Third cycle, doubled med dosage. Had a decent number of follicles develop, however, miscommunication around timing for retrieval resulted in a loss of 4 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses are not assigned to a particular patient. You may not speak to the same nurse twice. Some nurses seem more organized than others. It appears that they do not always review prior meds or results. Consequently I have been given instructions with different medication dosage & in several cases ordered meds that I was never instructed to use.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Travel patient. Conducted monitoring offsite.
4K per cycle $1100 per PESA Lab & ultrasound extra Meds extra
It’s been 4 days & no one has called me to discuss my beta results

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Robert Kiltz] has a big heart and he thinks everyone should get the chance at being a mom know matter your age, weight and that's what i like so much about him. The only thing that i can think of that is weird is that he pushes keto on all patients...He only will let transfer 2 if you meet certain conditions...I think its great that you can text your dr on their cell phone and he cares enough to call tou or text you back
[The staff at CNY Fertility Center] dont give up on you. They dont care about their stats they help everyone know matter what. They will not turn you away like most other clinics do. They are there to help you any way they can to get you your bring home baby...Some times they dont get labs results and it take like 4 or 5 times calling before they get them
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
To me he has a big heart and he thinks everyone should get the chance at being a mom know matter your age, weight and that's what i like so much about him. The only thing that i can think of that is weird is that he pushes keto on all patients.
Look out for the keto push lol
I think its great that you can text your dr on their cell phone and he cares enough to call tou or text you back.
Im just starting this stage
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are really sweet and help all that they can
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They dont give up on you. They dont care about their stats they help everyone know matter what. They will not turn you away like most other clinics do. They are there to help you any way they can to get you your bring home baby.
I got a fresh cycle donor eggs 7 in all and of the 7 i have 3 embryos 2 5day 4ab,3bc and a day 6 4cc. It cost me 12,000
He only will let transfer 2 if you meet certain conditions.
Syracuse

We started off small [at CNY Fertility Center] and then after our 4th iui, they put us on immune protocol 3...The nurses are amazing. Very helpful and knowledgeable...It’s nice there. Everyone is friendly. The clinic is clean and runs smoothly. They can get behind schedule but it’s not crazy. The waiting room is nice, the front desk staff is personable. It’s easy to get an appointment made...We only saw him [Dr. Robert Kiltz] twice. He was thorough, explained a lot. He does talk about keto diet a lot. He was a fast talker, but easy to talk to and ask questions. He listened to what we had to say and is helpful in what our next moves should be...He has good side bed manner, were talk to you like he was in a conversation not just one sided...We started off small and then after our 4th iui, they put us on immune protocol 3
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We only saw him twice. He was thorough, explained a lot. He does talk about keto diet a lot. He was a fast talker, but easy to talk to and ask questions. He listened to what we had to say and is helpful in what our next moves should be.
Be patient
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses are amazing. Very helpful and knowledgeable
Syracuse

I love Dr. Kiltz! When I was diagnosed with OHSS he called my wife at 4 in the morning while I was in the hospital to check in. Incredible bed side manner and so personable. We had no complaints at all. I wish he was more available to see him at all visits!...He talks very fast and provides a lot of information! Take lots of notes and approach each visit with lots of questions....I did do a lot of research on my own in regards to extras or add ons that were not always presented to me by the practice, but I was ok with that! I was very happy and I am looking forward to my next transfer.
I love the nursing staff. [at CNY Fertility Center]. They are all so well educated and informed and helpful with all questions! I did leave one visit not happy, but I requested not to see that nurse again and I was always accommodated...I did do a lot of research on my own in regards to extras or add ons that were not always presented to me by the practice, but I was ok with that! I was very happy and I am looking forward to my next transfer... is sooo busy, they see many many patients. But they have great results and I am so fortunate they are so local to me. However, I did a lot of research on my own. It helped me better prepare for all of my visits. I do not feel I would have received the information from them, they just followed typical protocol. But they were very accommodating when I presented what I was comfortable with!
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I love Dr. Kiltz! When I was diagnosed with OHSS he called my wife at 4 in the morning while I was in the hospital to check in. Incredible bed side manner and so personable. We had no complaints at all. I wish he was more available to see him at all visits! But all of the doctors in the practice are amazing!
CNY is sooo busy, they see many many patients. But they have great results and I am so fortunate they are so local to me. However, I did a lot of research on my own. It helped me better prepare for all of my visits. I do not feel I would have received the information from them, they just followed typical protocol. But they were very accommodating when I presented what I was comfortable with!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I love the nursing staff. They are all so well educated and informed and helpful with all questions! I did leave one visit not happy, but I requested not to see that nurse again and I was always accommodated.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love the clinic. All the nurses and staff are great. They have great success rates and I am fortunate to be so local to them. I did do a lot of research on my own in regards to extras or add ons that were not always presented to me by the practice, but I was ok with that! I was very happy and I am looking forward to my next transfer.
I am fortunate that my insurance covers much of the costs for fertility treatments. I paid a small copay every visit, plus the cost of assisted hatching because that is not covered by my insurance. I did have some issues with coverage and explained that I was working with my insurance company to resolve and they were very accommodating and understanding and gave me the time I needed to address everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had one nurse I was very unhappy with. It was my first IUI treatment and she rushed me through baseline appointments without a lot of explanation. When I asked for additional information, she didn't know how to explain anything. But I requested another nurse and was very happy with every other nurse I have seen!
Syracuse

[Dr. Robert Kiltz] is very friendly and truly cares about his patients in an individual basis. He is always going above and beyond and wants to make a difference in the fertility world. He is passionate about family building and it really shows by his words and actions...The egg retrieval went well and he retrieved more eggs than I thought they would. My first transfer was fresh and that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. The next two were frozen transfers and both resulted in early miscarriage.
[CNY Fertility Center] Strengths: They have wonderful doctors that know what they are doing. They are equipped to handle many different situations and task from their patients. Weeknesses: Communication can become dry after multiple cycles. There is a new patient overload, which takes away from current patients...The nurses were always just a phone call or message away, although at times their patient number was so high I did feel as a current patient they were trying to usher in more patients and forgot about their current patients.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Robert Kiltz is very friendly and truly cares about his patients in an individual basis. He is always going above and beyond and wants to make a difference in the fertility world. He is passionate about family building and it really shows by his words and actions.
Be patient. Everyone is there for one reason and that is to build a family.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I spoke with one in particular after my miscarriage and she was very kind and compassionate and made me feel like I wasn't in this whole journey alone.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
When monitoring at CNY it was smooth sailing.
IVF was $3,900 Transfers within the first year was $250 Medications were seperate. Monitoring was $850
2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Robert Kiltz] had in-depth knowledge of infertility and it’s root causes. He also notifies why one would not need to do extra tests and follow certain diet to achieve best results. One of the Downside is too many patients so Dr Kiltz can be hard to get a hold of but his team fills in where he cannot...Dr Kiltz and team take their time to explain and help throughout the process
So far, being a new patient they [CNY Fertility Center] have good support system in place with doctor to provide information and get patient on the right path. One of the weakness is, often nurses/staff have to validate the doctor as to what protocol or next steps are choose for an individual...Cost is the best part of CNY. They are offering reasonable for patient like us as Insurance doesn’t cover infertility.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
He had in-depth knowledge of infertility and it’s root causes. He also notifies why one would not need to do extra tests and follow certain diet to achieve best results. One of the Downside is too many patients so Dr Kiltz can be hard to get a hold of but his team fills in where he cannot. I have very high expectations and hoping for positive results.
He is good. I wish I had found him earlier.
Felt like a human, Dr Kiltz and team take their time to explain and help throughout the process
We are approaching Human growth priming with LDN to reduce inflammation. And fresh embryo transfer as he feels that would be the right approach.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurse staff often gets back in reasonable time with a response. Just wish to direct communicate with the doctor as often confused on the next steps.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
So far, being a new patient they have good support system in place with doctor to provide information and get patient on the right path. One of the weakness is, often nurses/staff have to validate the doctor as to what protocol or next steps are choose for an individual
Cost is the best part of CNY. They are offering reasonable for patient like us as Insurance doesn’t cover infertility. Dr Kiltz is constantly improving the financial plans at CNY do more patient can afford. Kudos to him!
Syracuse
As a travel patient, I have not yet met with Dr. Kiltz or his team in person. My virtual consultations with Dr’s have been consistent, but my cycle has been put on hold due to COVID-19. I am looking forward to my egg retrieval and transfer. ... Ask every question to the travel team. Some of them forget that you are a novice and need them to break it down in simple terms. The Doctors are great about communication, so if you don’t get it tell them.
The clinic [CNY] is affordable and accessible. It is great that they are able to treat you from afar. I am able to have monitoring done with my local fertility specialist which adds another layer of comfort. ... I had one person who was inconsistent early on and that caused a delay in treatment. Things have been corrected and I have been otherwise happy with my service.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
As a travel patient, I was initially confused about what I needed to do. Once I got the right person on the phone who was able to explain, everything was easy to follow along with. The right persons was the difference between feeling abandoned vs supported
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The first nurse I worked with was rude and lacked compassion. Once I asked to speak with someone else, I was able to get clarity on my expectations. We have had a difficult journey to Parenthood, and it is important to have someone who his open and honest without making me feel as if I am broken because getting pregnant is hard.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is affordable and accessible. It is great that they are able to treat you from afar. I am able to have monitoring done with my local fertility specialist which adds another layer of comfort.
The cost is extremely affordable and the payment arrangements are easy to set up.
Latham

I do not care for Dr Kiltz’s manner. I had several concerns about my cycle, including meds and protocol. He completely dismissed my concerns and pushed keto heavily, explaining any negative outcome away with my diet. He is not very active in care, it is managed almost entirely by nurses. I didnt get to speak to a doctor until ER. I saw him at transfer, and made an appointment for follow up.... My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated.
The cost of this clinic [CNY] is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.... Care is completely coordinated by travel nurses. I given conflicting information by different nurses on several occasions. They can be difficult to communicate with. The nurses in the facility were caring and efficient.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be sure to know exactly what you are doing. You need to know your meds, and what is best for you. You need to know your labs, when they should be done, what the expected values are, and what to request if they are not within limits. No one is going to help you through this process.
This is a very busy clinic. Genetic protocols are given. My requests for specific medications were denied without explanation. You almost never get to speak to a doctor. I didn’t get to talk to one until I was being prepped for ER.
I stimmed with 300 gonal f and 10 hCG/lh. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned about egg quality and was denied. I ended up with fair/poor 3 day embryos. I was encouraged to do a fresh transfer. My tsh was not checked until transfer day, and was elevated. By the time I knew, the embryos were already in me. Elevated tsh can cause chemicals and miscarriages. My cycle ended in a chemical.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very cost effective. I would only recommend them if it is all you can afford and your last choice. Care is coordinated almost entirely by nursing and they make frequent mistakes. It’s not cheaper if you have to repeat cycles due to their errors. You will see people say “you have to advocate for yourself.” That means know the meds, which are right for you, labs, values, treatments etc. Dr Kiltz believes that keto is the answer to everything and if anything goes wrong in the cycle, diet is blamed. Use caution.
The cost of this clinic is low, which is one of the only redeeming qualities. However, keep in mind that testing, monitoring, and travel add up. I spent about $10,000 for ivf and fresh transfer and it ended in a chemical pregnancy, possibly due to the clinics incompetence. It’s not cheaper if you have to do it several times due to their errors.
CNY does not usually allow multiple embryos transferred. Because mine were fair to poor and 3 day, I was allowed to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was not happy with the protocol I was given. I requested to prime with hgh as I was concerned with egg quality, which was denied. I do not have pcos and was not in danger of going into ohss, yet was triggered with lupron, which should only be considered for when ohss is imminent because it can be so bad for egg quality. I ended up with fair to poor 3 day embryos and a fresh transfer was recommended. My tsh was not tested until transfer day, and had been elevated by stims. My transfer resulted in a chemical.
Syracuse

During the consultation phase of the IVF process, my brain was overwhelmed by information and questions. He [Dr. Kiltz] made me feel calm and supported as we decided together on what was best for me. I was seeking an individualized experience and so far he has made the time to give me confidence in the plan. He not only discussed the medical side of the process with me, he also discussed lifestyle and perspective.
To work with this clinic [CNY Fertility], you have to be on top of your stuff. If you are looking for hand holding and a passive approach to your care, I wouldn’t recommend this clinic for you. If you have a strong voice and have done your research, I think this is a great fit! They support the approach you feel best about while giving their guidance and opinions as well.... 4K for egg retrieval cycle with fresh transfer
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
During the consultation phase of the IVF process, my brain was overwhelmed by information and questions. He made me feel calm and supported as we decided together on what was best for me. I was seeking an individualized experience and so far he has made the time to give me confidence in the plan. He not only discussed the medical side of the process with me, he also discussed lifestyle and perspective.
He is a doctor in high demand, so do not expect him to reach out to you. However, if you have questions or concerns, you can expect him to respond quickly and with compassion.
I was feeling anxious about the protocol plan and the nurses weren’t aligned to what was agreed to on the phone with the doctor. I texted him about my concerns and frustrations early on a Saturday morning. I did not ask him to call me that day, nor did I expect an immediate response. He called me immediately! He listened and spoke with me about life and the stresses of this process like he was my friend.
His approach is 300 Gonal/Foll and 150 MEN to start. This is my first IVF cycle, so he made an insightful statement that gave me much needed perspective: “We have to shoot before we aim sometimes.” We don’t know how I’ll respond to the medications so we have to start with what we think will be best and adjust as we learn how my body responds. I came to him with studies about Early Egg Retrieval and protocols other REs were using for women my age and he was not only open to discussing them, he said he would go with whatever approach I felt best about. He said a moderate approach seems like a good start because even though I’m 44, I have normal AMH and low to normal AFC (7). He also addressed my concerns about endometriosis and the abdominal inflammation in my body by putting me on LDN and HGH to start. I will write about the results I’m a couple of weeks when we see how many eggs we retrieve and fertilize.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They are extremely busy and difficult to get in touch with. Done have been overly helpful, while others have made me feel like an inconvenience.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
To work with this clinic, you have to be on top of your stuff. If you are looking for hand holding and a passive approach to your care, I wouldn’t recommend this clinic for you. If you have a strong voice and have done your research, I think this is a great fit! They support the approach you feel best about while giving their guidance and opinions as well.
4K for egg retrieval cycle with fresh transfer (if you wanted that), ICSI, and assisted hatching (laser). $450 per frozen transfer.
I was relieved that he follows the most relevant and up to date studies for women my age. He is supportive and encouraging about multiple embryo transfers for my age and situation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
They have new doctors and overloaded nurses because they are becoming so popular. I had a long and informative consult with a newer doctor, but he did not follow through with what was agreed to on the call (I.e., stat prescriptions and follow up answers to important questions). The nurses did their best to help though!
Syracuse

The clinic [CNY Fertility] is super busy and that means that I met a different nurse each time I went in and a different nurse responded to emails I wrote. A couple of times, that meant that the entire email thread wasn't read and that caused some miscommunication.... Super busy place and that's probably what makes it more affordable than other clinics. The cost of several things here, except IVF, might be close to what they might be elsewhere, especially if they are not in-house items
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We met Dr Kiltz once during the entire cycle and that was a random encounter while waiting for an ultrasound. The conversation was all about what the keto diet is and he certainly has super strong opinions on that. After the cycle and no seemingly viable embryo, I was expecting Dr Kiltz or someone from the office to call me to discuss the PGS results and potential options but nobody called us. I called the office and asked for Dr Kiltz's phone number (something I'd learned on FertilityIQ) and texted him asking him to call me back. He was pretty responsive and we talked on the phone a couple of days after the initial text message. During the conversation, I was hoping he would help me figure out what might be the next best thing to do but he mostly cited stats and said making the decision about what to do next was my call. While I appreciate that, I would've liked a little bit of guidance in the decision making process given that he's the experienced expert. I've already read plenty research papers and looked up stats on FertilityIQ and elsewhere! The final decision, of course, would've been mine. Those are the only two times I've talked to him in person and the rest of my interactions have been over text. He is very responsive over text though sometimes his one word responses might be a little tricky to decipher. I still appreciate him making himself available outside of the portal and clinic and he has been super supportive and with me through my most recent pregnancy and miscarriage.
Do your research. Read through all the relevant courses on FertilityIQ and go in with specific questions you want answered that you couldn't get answered elsewhere. There is a lot of information on the CNY website as well, especially if you are already going through the IVF process there and want to consider options like donor eggs/sperm, surrogacy etc.
The clinic is super busy and that means that I met a different nurse each time I went in and a different nurse responded to emails I wrote. A couple of times, that meant that the entire email thread wasn't read and that caused some miscommunication. The online system (portal) doesn't let you 'reply' to an email - you need to write a new message each time and that is a bit painful because you need to reference the content of the previous email to make sure the context is clear to whoever responds next. Overall, though, I thought the nurses took good care of me and continue to do so and treated me like a person. From what I read on FertilityIQ after my treatment was that I could've asked for the same nurse each time! I once asked that a particular nurse not do my ultrasound and that request was respected. Since my most recent miscarriage, I've been in communication with the nurses to keep up with dropping HCG labs and ultrasounds especially since I've moved to a new city and don't yet have an local OB. The nurses and Dr. Kiltz have been super responsive. I found Dr Kiltz's phone number on the CNY website and I've been talking to him throughout the process from embryo transfer to miscarriage to D&C to post D&C complications to future directions and he has been amazingly supportive.
My first consultation was with a nurse and she set the treatment protocol. From my point of view, there was no input from Dr Kiltz regarding anything though I have no idea what goes on in the background. I asked to see the nurse who designed my protocol during one of my monitoring sessions but was told she is unavailable and I didn't ask again. I think my first consultation would've been with a doctor had I waited 8+ months for a phone consultation appointment. I went with the onsite nurse consultation as I got an appointment within 4 months which then got moved up by a couple of months as a slot opened up.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Overall, I believe the nurses run the place and they are doing a pretty good job. Most of them seem to have a good bit of experience and are understanding and accommodating. I'm a bit less enthusiastic about the embryology team as some of them seem to have less than a year's worth of experience with no background in anything bio related. This is another thing I learned on FertilityIQ - to look for the nurses and other people on LinkedIn to get a sense of their education and experience. The nurses could've been more pro-active with changing my estrogen dosage based on monitoring results (blood and ultrasound). They didn't do it until I asked for it and one of the doctors suggested they increase my estrace dosage, which happened after many expensive monitoring visits. If you don't see your lining start to get thicker in 10-12 days, take charge and ask the nurses to review your protocol with a doctor and change it accordingly. I spent a frustrating month going for blood work and ultrasounds and not seeing much change. The whole process could've been faster and cheaper had I asked to get a doc involved early enough.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Super busy place and that's probably what makes it more affordable than other clinics. The cost of several things here, except IVF, might be close to what they might be elsewhere, especially if they are not in-house items, for example, medicines (third party pharmacy cost), PGS (third party diagnostic cost) etc. That being said, the difference in IVF cost here and other places is HUGE making it an easy win over other places. Low cost does not translate into poor care. You just have to be well informed (FertilityIQ can help) and take charge of the process (communicate with the nurses). If you want a dedicated care team, want to see a doctor on each visit, and want the clinic to be initiating a lot of conversations with you instead of you having to call/email them for information constantly, this may not be the place for you.
For retrieval: 2600 (medicines) + 4600 (IVF + biopsy) + 1235 (monitoring in Syracuse and once in a different state) + 2100 (PGS) + travel and lodging costs for the initial consultation and the IVF cycle + some cost for tests done right after consultation. For transfer: Lining prep medicines (don't remember exact number but likely under 250 as estrace and progesterone aren't as pricy as the retrieval meds) + monitoring (out of town so about 2000 because I was asked to go many times) + embryo transfer cost (varies if its part of IVF cycle or not) + travel and lodging costs for the embryo transfer + acupuncture cost ($70 for 2 sessions or 1, I don't remember) if you choose to do it before and after transfer.
I didn't ask what the doctor's preference was. I went with my own idea about how many I wanted to transfer and nobody was opposed to it.
Syracuse

I've never spoken with Dr. Kiltz. I have no idea what he's like. I've read that this is common with travel clients who are having remote cycle monitoring. Honestly, I only saw my last RE a handful of times and that was over 8 IUIs and almost 3 years. I was not expecting any hand-holding from an RE from across an international border...He signs your prescriptions and that's about it...I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was.
They [CNY Fertility Center] will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword...I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had...I'm a travel client, so I've had no face to face contact with anyone from the clinic. I've had a couple of phone conversations with nurses who seem very nice...Not specifically detailing my protocol is frustrating. Saying to just get all these meds and we'll figure it out later? What if I don't use them? They're not exactly sugar pills. They cost a lot of money.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
If you are a travel client having remote cycle monitoring, do not expect any communication from directly from Dr. Kiltz. He signs your prescriptions and that's about it. If you're having IVF I would imagine you'd see him on the days of retrieval and transfer.
This is my second RE, second clinic but first time IVF. I sent CNY my medical records and the results of any tests they asked me to take. They sent me a list of medications with little to no information on dosages and format. They just said to get all these meds and call us on your day 1. I have no idea what the protocol is. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on amounts, dosages and what the medication was. The list I got was as follows: 1. Gonal F 450 x 4 inject 225iu 2. hCG LH supplement (100iu/ml)x1 Inject 20 units subQ 3.Cetrotide .25mg x 6 4.Lupron trigger 4 mg 5.Prednisone 5mg x 60 1 twice daily 6. Prograf 0.5mg x 32 1 twice daily 7. Baby aspirin 81mg x 30 8. Zithromax ZPAK 250mg x 1 9. Cleocin Ovules 100mg box 10. Estrace 2mg x 60 1 twice daily 11. Progesterone in oil 50mg/ml x2 vials. Inject 50 mg IM 12. hCG 10,000iu trigger I guess they are waiting to explain how to take this medication when I call in my day 1? Like I said, this is my first IVF cycle. I had to look up most of these meds to try to figure out what the protocol is. From what I can gather from my own research is the protocol I'm on is a version of a down regulation short protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I've communicated with several nurses. It's a bit frustrating because you're never sure if the nurse you're speaking to is up to date on all the details. They are always professional and kind but stingy with information. I never get a complete thorough answer to my questions and have repeated myself so many times.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost is their number 1 strength and also the reason why everything else suffers. I am completely out of pocket so cost was my primary reason for going with this clinic. They will not turn away anyone. This is also a double-edged sword. They give hope to those who maybe they shouldn't and the volume of clients they see make if feel like you're just a number. I went into this knowing they were super busy and not really expecting the kid glove treatment, but I'm still surprised by how little guidance I've had.
Single IVF costs $3900 US Includes retrieval, ICSI, anesthetic, assisted hatching and 1 fresh embryo transfer. Each frozen transfer done within 1 year costs $450 US That's easily a third the cost of any local-to-me clinic. Remote cycle monitoring is $150
Syracuse

[Dr. Robert Kiltz's] feedback felt very canned and repetitive... found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm...When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable... I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I have heard of many people who like him but I found him to not be very personable. He wasn't warm. He did offer his cell phone number, like he does to others, but I never used it. When we did a transfer with him, he was in and out, whereas the other doctor was very warm, informative and personable.
Do your own research. Make sure you have a team of supports. Know you can change doctors at CNY. Know that you won't necessarily get him each time, whether you want to or not. Know that the doctor the day of transfer can vary even from who you are scheduled with. Do your own research on Keto to find a way that works for you if you choose to pursue it.
His feedback felt very canned and repetitive.
This is hard to describe because I had different doctors throughout my time at CNY for phone calls, retrieval, transfers, and prescribing. I only talked to Kiltz during my initial consult although he was the doctor overseeing my plan until I started scheduling follow ups with a different doctor. In the beginning, he accidently prescribed all the retrieval and transfer medications to my wife who was only doing the retrieval and the transfer medications to me (I was doing the transfers). Because they want you to fill it all ahead of time, we spent a lot of money on medication that was never used for her (because she wasn't doing a retrieval). My first transfer, I was prescribed birth control for syncing cycles, estrace, PIO, endometrin, prednisone 5 mg twice a day (upped to 10 mg twice a day for further transfers after a chemical), low dose naltrexone, prograf, and plaquenil. Later, I added on lovenox (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), intralipids (6 week miscarriage, failed, and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg wash (chemical and 7.5 week miscarriage), hcg booster thru 10 weeks (7.5 week miscarriage), neupogen thru 10 weeks (7.5 miscarriage).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at Syracuse was warm, friendly and organized. My experience with the nurses on the portal has been frustrating. About 90% of my messages are not answered in full or answered incorrectly. On the phone, I have had some amazing nurses and two that seem quite rude and I don't trust what they tell me, which is problematic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love that this clinic offers massage and acupuncture. The acupuncture before and after transfer is very helpful. The setting is comfortable and clean. I like that the recommendations are more holistic. I wish that the messages I get from nurses were more organized and predictable. You have to do your own research. You have to make sure that you look at your numbers because I've had nurses tell me my numbers from labs were good and then later admit that I needed meds adjusted when I double checked. Their fax machine has issues and I have to have my monitoring clinic resend my labs often, which is frustrating.
It's outlined on their website. The monitoring fee changed while I was there.
He recommended single, and after a chemical, the team started recommending 2, and I chose to do 2 after 2 chemicals and a miscarriage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Once I had a nurse tell me that my estrace was good, I called to double check and they told me to was good, and when I saw it in the portal it was below 50 and had dropped 200, and it was supposed to be above 100. It took 3 days to connect with a nurse to get this confirmed and have my medication increased. I subsequently miscarried but I don't think it was related to that. Still incredibly stressful. I had the same thing happen one other time and had to call and talk to someone.

2019, Consult
We watch Dr. K [Klitz] every Sunday on his chats, here we see him as a human and he gives great FREE advice and answers patient questions. He is a busy man so he moves quickly. I am still in the consultation process but he has given me great things to try while waiting for our stims to begin.... Dr. K is very willing to do full immune protocol, RPL, and highly suggests KETO for the anti-inflammatory effects... Dr. Recommends single transfer unless there are factors to suggest a multiple
They [CNY Fertility] are very competitively priced, and very busy. As a patient you will need to be an advocate for yourself to ensure everything he is ready to go. Because they are so affordable they are very busy all the time! However, the facility is very spa-like which gives you a sense of comfort and the staff is more than willing to work with you on all your concerns and any ideas you have... I have emailed several questions to the nursing team
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
We watch Dr. K every Sunday on his chats, here we see him as a human and he gives great FREE advice and answers patient questions. He is a busy man so he moves quickly. I am still in the consultation process but he has given me great things to try while waiting for our stims to begin.
Be prepared to take notes, do KETO, and have an idea of what you would like to have for an outcome.
Dr. K is open and honest but in a delicate way. He is very honest but very willing to listen.
Still in consult phase, but Dr. K is very willing to do full immune protocol, RPL, and highly suggests KETO for the anti-inflammatory effects
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I have emailed several questions to the nursing team and have received replies quickly and for the most part they were informative and friendly.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are very competitively priced, and very busy. As a patient you will need to be an advocate for yourself to ensure everything he is ready to go. Because they are so affordable they are very busy all the time! However, the facility is very spa-like which gives you a sense of comfort and the staff is more than willing to work with you on all your concerns and any ideas you have
The clinic is very open about their cost. Many items can be found online without having to speak to someone directly. A cycle without medication for retrieval and transfer with icsi is less than $4,000. Because I do not have any fertility coverage they are not charging me for my consultation!
Dr. Recommends single transfer unless there are factors to suggest a multiple would be better : age, AMH, # of embryos, etc.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz is very personable. During the time he was with me, he had a good bedside manner and attentive. While this is true, CNY Fertility is an extremely busy clinic and I only saw Dr. Kiltz on day of procedure.... I do have faith he will be able to get me pregnant. He gives out his phone number and email address and will respond to you. He is also very progressive and open to trying new medications/treatments. I am doing platelet rich plasma (PRP) uterine washes this cycle.
The nursing staff is generally nice. However, they are very busy. They do not go above and beyond by any means. There was medication education along the way. But I did not have a good idea of the process. My first cycle I was never sure what was coming next.... Also, Mondays and Fridays are crazy busy at CNYF. It is best to avoid appointments on these days as much as possible. I always make early morning appointments so I am not late to work. It is nice that they have appointments as early at 06:15 am. I've found that if I come in any later than 06:30
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Positives: Dr. Kiltz is very passionate. He is honest about the structure of the clinic (more patients enable lower costs) and pricing. He seems very knowledgeable about treatments. I do have faith he will be able to get me pregnant. He gives out his phone number and email address and will respond to you. He is also very progressive and open to trying new medications/treatments. I am doing platelet rich plasma (PRP) uterine washes this cycle. Based on the research I've read, this sounds very promising. Negatives: Dr. Kiltz has very strong beliefs about infertility being related to diet, which I do not agree with. After a failed cycle he spent the entire telephone consult (which took 2 1/2 weeks to schedule) telling me that my tube is blocked because I eat lean meats, fresh vegetables, and fruits. He believes in the Keto diet (high fat, moderate protein, low carb). He flat out told me he was an expert with tons of experience and that my tube was blocked directly as a result of inflammation in my body, due to my diet. He then prescribed a ton of additional anti-inflammatory medications. I have chosen not to take most of the extras (prednisone, prograf [used to suppress the immune system in transplant patients], intralipids, and hydroxychloroquine [used to treat Lupus and autoimmune diseases]. I had an ANA test (for autoimmune disease) after my failed cycle and it was negative. I did a lot of research on my own to decide which medications I wanted to use (aside from the standard meds like estrace, progesterone, etc). Thankfully I am a nurse and feel comfortable researching these things myself. It would still be nice to be able to have a partnership with my doctor and not feel like it is all on my shoulders, as I am certainly not a fertility expert.
Be your own advocate, do your own research, and do what you are comfortable with. Realize you will not get a lot of time with any doctor at CNYF, but you can reach out to them by email and you should if it is something time sensitive that is important to you. Otherwise you will be waiting a looooong time for a phone consult.
An "auto-immune" protocol was prescribed: prednisone, prograf, hydroxychloroquine, intralipids, low dose naltrexone, baby aspirin, lovenox. Most of these are immunosuppressants. The aspirin and lovenox thin the blood, which is supposed to increase blood flow to the placenta and prevent clots for those with clotting disorders. Low dose naltrexone is actually a very interesting drug used to treat autoimmune diseases as well as clinically low endorphins. It has very few side effects. It also boosts your immune system, which has helped me avoid getting sick. It also helps me sleep better. The only extra I took my first cycle was the baby aspirin. That cycle failed. I transfer again in five days. This cycle I have been taking LDN, baby aspirin, and start lovenox tonight. I did not find sufficient evidence that lovenox will increase my odds, but it has relatively few side effects, so I am trying it. I also took estrace vaginally, progesterone in oil and endometrium vaginal suppositories, and Cleocin (clindamycin - a vaginal suppository antibiotic) both cycles. Also, azithromycin orally at the very beginning of each cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is generally nice. However, they are very busy. They do not go above and beyond by any means. There was medication education along the way. But I did not have a good idea of the process. My first cycle I was never sure what was coming next. One thing that upset me was embryo testing was mentioned briefly at my consultation (July), then never brought up again. On my day of transfer (end of October), I mentioned I was considering PGS testing. I was told I needed to decide this before the day of.... yet it was never brought up at ANY of my monitoring appointments along the way leading up to egg retrieval. I am a nurse and feel it would have been appropriate to mention at the baseline monitoring appointment. This whole process is so overwhelming and it is difficult to keep up with everything. However, I always felt it was my responsibility to ask questions and stay on top of it all myself. And when I did ask questions, I would get an answer, but I felt like I was being a pain. I would also get different answers from different nurses, so I never felt like I could trust the information I was given.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
In general, this is a nice, warm, inviting clinic. There are great resources on the website. Dr. Kiltz goes above and beyond for patients. He has a live chat on Facebook weekly. He believes in healing adjunctive therapies such as acupuncture and massage and it is very easy to schedule these extras the day of transfer. The clinic is very busy, so just beware. You get what you pay for. The prices are cheaper, so you rarely see a doctor. It's not a perfect place, but I assume other clinics have similar drawbacks. Although I would hope pricier clinics offer more time with the doctor and more patient centered treatment plans with patient input. Also, Mondays and Fridays are crazy busy at CNYF. It is best to avoid appointments on these days as much as possible. I always make early morning appointments so I am not late to work. It is nice that they have appointments as early at 06:15 am. I've found that if I come in any later than 06:30, I end up waiting awhile to be seen (at least 30 minutes past my appointment time). It gets worse as the day progresses. And even the early am appointments run late on Monday's and Friday's.
Most costs are posted on the website. $3900 for IVF cycle. $850 for monitoring. $250 for FET. All meds are separate. HCG wash $50. PRP $500 for once/$900 for two times in the same cycle. This was without insurance coverage. There were no hidden fees.
My clinic wanted me to transfer one 5 day embryo based on my age and recommendations/guidelines from professional organizations. I am 36. I had my heart set on transferring two and actually want to have twins. The risks were explained to me and I have been allowed to transfer two both cycles.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
First, when I had medications called in as a new patient, I asked multiple times which medications I needed to order right away. There were a ton and I was planning on doing a freeze all cycle. I was told to order them all. I ended up ordering all of them and not using several (I researched the meds more myself and did not want to take immunosuppressants since I don't have an autoimmune disorders). I was very disappointed no one took the time to go over the meds with me. If they had, I wouldn't have wasted my money on meds I will never use. As I mentioned previously, the nurses tend to give conflicting information when I ask different staff the same question. I now just email Dr. Kiltz when I need specific information because I don't trust what I'm told by the nurses. There was one occasion when a med was not called in for me. I just called and requested it again and it was taken care of. I was scheduled for my upcoming transfer without being asked if any days would not work, then the nurse had to change the day. When I checked my portal later, I was scheduled for transfer both days. If I had not checked, they could have potentially thawed my embryos a day early.
Syracuse

I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long.... At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
The clinical staff [CNY Fertility] is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient.... I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.... It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt that Dr. Kiltz listened to me and came up with a plan of care based on my individual needs. After our first cycle was less than we hoped for, he made adjustments to the protocol for the next cycle which we have yet to do. Our phone consult was good, but he talked about the keto diet a little too long. I would have preferred talking a bit longer about our medical history and read his documents about diet later (which he emailed right away). At the retrieval appointment, Dr. Kiltz was very positive, nice and reassuring when he saw I was nervous. Great bedside manner! My husband liked him a lot, too. He is honest and talked to us like human beings.
Make sure to ask any questions you have about the plan and take notes about what he says so you can make sure his info got through to all the nursing staff. They have many patients and it helps to know what the doctor suggests to make sure it aligns with nurses orders. As a travel patient, you’ll really only talk to Dr. Kiltz for consult, retrieval/transfer and follow up phone call. The rest of the time it’s with the clinical staff. Dr. Kiltz does give out his cell #, though and patients do call if needed.
The clinical staff is very caring, informed and always available even long distance on the 24hr phone line which was great since I was a travel patient. Dr. Kiltz really cares and made me feel like I wasn’t just a number. He thinks about each patient as an individual even though he has MANY patients.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses are always available to talk with over the phone. I think they have a few staffing the phones, so they were never rushed or didn’t answer. They were prompt about getting orders out to me or calling back with answers. They were also really caring and helped me understand the process better and made me feel at ease. I used the portal a few times, but didn’t have good luck with getting wuestions answered that way. Nursing phone line was the way to go. The nurses were very nice in person, too.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It takes a while to get a phone consult with the dr.s because they are one of the least expensive clinics in the country, but once you do, things start moving quickly. They send your meds protocol to integrity pharm and get really good deals with them because of the volume they do. I wish they had some kind of checklist for new patients because I was a bit lost about what to do after the consult. I just had to call and talk with nursing staff several times to get it all figured out. Also, their CNY Facebook support group was extremely helpful! The clinic is pretty well organized for how many patients they seem to have, but I think the patient needs to know what they should be doing, or ask a ton of questions if you’re new to IVF because you don’t get a nurse that walks you through it. Also, documents on the portal were hard for me to find. Some stuff I didn’t even see until way later. If you’re a first timer, use the FB group to ask questions and search postings for answers. That really helped me.
$4200 for retrieval and one FET. Each additional FET during the 12 mos after retrieval are $250. Meds wound up being about $1600 (225 gonal f and 75 menopur 1x day for 10 days). With travel (for retrieval and a second trip for FET), total cost for us will be just under $10k.
We haven’t transferred yet, so I’m not sure what he’ll suggest.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
After our first retrieval, Dr. Kiltz changed our protocol, but it wasn’t in my portal records. I had to remind the nurse that the Dr. wanted to decrease dosage for the 2nd retrieval and then she saw the Dr. notes.
Syracuse

Dr. Kiltz has LOTS of patients. I think he does the absolute very best that he can for being one person.... Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost.... I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
The nurses are the heart and soul of CNY. They are what keep that place running. I work mostly with the travel team and the nurses are helpful and responsive.... Strengths - I have heard the facility is spa-like (I have not seen it in person, only pictures and have heard other patients talk about it), in-house financing available Weaknesses - They take on LOTS of patients and you can get lost in the shuffle if you don't speak up.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Kiltz, in my personal opinion, is a walking saint. He is doing what hundreds, if not thousands, of fertility doctors are doing in the US for a FRACTION of the cost. He simply just does not see the necessity of charging $10,000+ for a cycle of IVF. I became a patient of CNYF after paying over $15,000 for a single IVF cycle where CNYF charges only $4,500. The financial aspect of infertility has been such a tremendous barrier and he has been able to alleviate some of that for so many people. I also appreciate that Dr. K takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration diet (K's Keto!) and other factors. He is on the cutting edge of treatment modalities, whereas many doctors continue the same ol' treatments with their patients and do not consider current research.
Do your research and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and reach out. CNYF has LOTS of patients and sometimes your e-mails, voicemails, messages, etc. can get lost in the shuffle. Speak up and join the many social media groups that are available. There are many patients who are willing to offer support and answer questions as well.
Dr. K will recommend that everyone follow the Kiltz's Keto diet - regardless of your stage of treatment. It consists of only eating butter, eggs, bacon, and beef. Yes, that's it. He also recommends a variety of supplements - prenatal, CoQ10, Omega-3s, OPCs, Ovasitol, and CBD oil. He believes that many of the problems related to infertility are caused by inflammation in the body. He often utilizes "autoimmune protocol" which can vary, but typically includes prednisone or other medications that treat autoimmune disease.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$200 Administration fee for shipping frozen embryos to CNYF $330 Cryopreservation Tank Rental $1,900 for FET $150 monitoring fee
It is my understanding that Dr. K is pretty strict in terms of the number of embryos he allows patients to transfer. I believe he only allows two to be transferred if you have a history of failed transfers or due to your age.

2015 - 2019, Unsuccessful
It’s hard to get one to one attention with Dr Kiltz himself. I mostly talked to RNs... After finding out at my husband is infertile, we decided to try IUI with donated sperm. I have tried 7 IUIs. The first was natural, and the others I used prespcriptions.... Dr. Kiltz suggested exploratory surgery to see if I had endometriosis. During the surgery he did remove some endometriosis and diagnosed me with chronic inflammation. He told me to try the Keto Diet and go on LDN.
This clinic [CNY Fertility] has a lot of things to offer including fertility treatments, yoga, massage, acupuncture, etc. The environment is very relaxing and welcoming. I like the Rochester office the best so far because it is very homey and everyone is very nice.... The nursing staff is great. Very informative, helpful and really put you at ease.... It’s hard to get one to one attention with Dr Kiltz himself. I mostly talked to RNs
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Kiltz is very knowledgeable and a good communicator. He is also very personable. I have only met with him a couple of times. Last time we spoke was on the phone. Dr Kiltz also did my IVF cycles and my exploratory surgery. He made me feel very comfortable each time he performed a procedure.
Ask as many questions as possible and don’t be afraid to get aggressive with your treatment.
After finding out at my husband is infertile, we decided to try IUI with donated sperm. I have tried 7 IUIs. The first was natural, and the others I used prespcriptions. Some to help me produce more eggs. I have been on prednisone, low dose naltrexone, endometrin, novarel, low dose aspirin, CoEnzyme Q10, Synthroid, Distinex, Levothyoxine, Estrace, Neupogen, Prograf, Lovenox, progesterone in oil, etc. Most of the transfers had a chemical pregnancy that only lasted a few weeks. Dr. Kiltz suggested exploratory surgery to see if I had endometriosis. During the surgery he did remove some endometriosis and diagnosed me with chronic inflammation. He told me to try the Keto Diet and go on LDN.The Keto diet turned out not to be compatible with my body, so I tried Paleo instead. I then tried IVF... they were only able to get 5 eggs, and only 2 were successfully inseminated. We transferred one egg at a time. Both resulted in a low chemical pregnancy that only lasted about 2 weeks. My tubes are fine, but Dr. Kiltz said there’s no way of knowing for sure if its the environment or egg quality. This last egg transfer Dr. Kiltz had me try Neupogen which is not covered by insurance and is quite pricy. I guess there had been good results with it for people with PCOS especially. I also have a low hormone level concerning egg production. Now that I don’t have any frozen eggs left, I would like to meet with Dr. Kiltz again, this time in person instead of over the phone and see what he suggests next. We have already spent quite a bit of money and are not feeling very positive.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This clinic has a lot of things to offer including fertility treatments, yoga, massage, acupuncture, etc. The environment is very relaxing and welcoming. I like the Rochester office the best so far because it is very homey and everyone is very nice.
IUI and doctors visits were covered under insurance, and some mediations were covered, such as prednisone. But everything else was out of pocket.
I would rather transfer only one egg at a time just in case the cycle does not work out. That way I only lose one egg instead of multiple.
Rochester

I think Dr. Kiltz was very gentle, compassionate with excellent bedside manners. He prayed with us after the transfer. He made us feel very comfortable during this time. He is very high energy but comforting. He answered all questions/concerns we presented.... Originally we wanted to transfer 2 embryos, Dr. Kiltz suggested only transferring 1 embryos. Since it was our first embryo transfer we took Dr. Kiltz' advise and only transferred 1 embryo.
It [CNY Fertility] is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done....Some of the nurses were compassionate and caring and some of the nurses were not.... Weakness is there is a wait to get appointments due to high volume. Strengths are the facility is beautiful and it is a very relaxing atmosphere. It is a calming and peaceful environment in the clinic.... We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Be ready to do your own advocating during your treatment as a travel patient.
It is a large clinic with clients from all over the world. I had to do a lot of advocating for myself to ensure things got done.
Progesterone vaginal suppositories 100mg in morning and 200mg nightly, estrace 2mg po BID, synthroid 25mcg po qAM, prednisone 5mg po BID, prograf 0.5mg po BID, Zithromax 500mg po X 1day then 250mg po X 4 days, cetrotide 0.25mg , low dose naltrexone 3mg po nightly, progesterone in oil 100mg IM nightly, gonal F 300IU subcutaneous nightly, HCG-LH 10IU subcutaneous nightly, prenatal vitamin 1 tablet po qAM
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
We are travel patients, so we did monitoring in our state.
$3,000 meds $3,900 egg retrieval $250 frozen embryo transfer $1,300 hotel $2,200 flights

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He is great at what he does, but he doesn’t take the time to thoroughly discuss options. He speaks over you and not to you....Dr. Kiltz knows what he’s doing when it comes to retrieval’s and transfers. His bedside manner during a transfer is the best. He’s extremely compassionate. It’s difficult to ask him questions because he is always in a hurry. He’s lucky he has an amazing staff because they are the ones that run the clinic....My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy.
Strengths are they are affordable and staff is very caring and compassionate. Weaknesses are over population of the clinic. There aren’t enough providers for the amount of patients seen at the clinic.... I don’t remember exact costs. There are so many “extras” and your never told the price of the “extras”. Over the past two years I would guesstimate I have given CNY over $50,000... The nursing staff is excellent. The nurses are the ones that run the clinic. I do wish I had been assigned to only single nurse whom I could communicate with throughout treatment, but every nurse is nice.
How was your experience with Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center?
Know your health history and know everything fertility related. You have to advocate for yourself.
My treatment used for my first retrieval was Gonal F 350 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 7 eggs, 4 frozen. My second retrieval was Gonal F 450 and Menopur 150. It resulted in 3 eggs, one fertilized. I was never given a grade of the embryos that came from my retrieval’s. For my transfers I was put on the immune protocol. My first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos which came from my first retrieval. which resulted in a single pregnancy. We miscarried at 14 weeks. My second transfer was a single day 5 embryo that came from my first retrieval. It which resulted in a negative. We recently transferred a single day 3 that came from our second retrieval and were waiting on the results.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Every time I have gone in for beta testing to get my results I have always had to call. No one has ever called with my results. There have been times nursing staff is extremely difficult to contact. When calling you never know which clinic your going to get. I go to the Syracuse clinic and even though I call their phone number I might speak to someone in the Albany office.