Robert Nachtigall (retired)

Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyNYU
FellowshipUCSF
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Nachtigall (retired) to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Dr. Nachtigall was always kind, supportive and real. He always explained things thoroughly and didn’t sugarcoat information. He was precise and always gave us options and steps to take in the process. ... The only downside was that we were not able to communicate with him via email as much as he was “old school” and preferred speaking over the phone. We loved our conversations but sometimes it had to be passed through assistants and we would have preferred to speak to him directly.
I think the only weakness is that they [Kaiser Permanente] have an automated phone line and you can never get a live person on the phone. I have always had to leave a message, but then I get a response within a day. ... The strengths are that they are always very helpful and polite. They explain information thoroughly and respond in a timely manner. They always find alternatives to solutions and have a great attitude. ... The nursing staff are very helpful and respond to you within 24 hours.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Robert Nachtigall (retired) at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Sadly, Dr. Nachtigall has retired so I can’t recommend him to others. My husband and I loved our visits with Dr. Nachtigall. He was realistic, supportive, blunt and kind. The only downside was that we were not able to communicate with him via email as much as he was “old school” and preferred speaking over the phone. We loved our conversations but sometimes it had to be passed through assistants and we would have preferred to speak to him directly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Nachtigall (retired) at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He has retired.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Nachtigall (retired) at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Dr. Nachtigall was always kind, supportive and real. He always explained things thoroughly and didn’t sugarcoat information. He was precise and always gave us options and steps to take in the process. I always appreciated his suggestions and loved talking to him. He made me feel comfortable and was always available to talk to me whenever I had questions.
Describe the protocols Robert Nachtigall (retired) used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal and their degree of success.
On our very first visit with Dr. Nachtigall, he told me I was misdiagnosed all these years and that I really had something else - which was causing me not to have a menstrual period and ovulate. He recommended that I start taking medications to prepare me for infertility treatments leading up to IUI or IVF. I was able to start getting my periods regularly with the medications he prescribed. I trust him completely with all of the treatment he has provided. He also referred my husband to the top male infertility doctor within the Kaiser network!
The nursing staff are very helpful and respond to you within 24 hours. They are always very polite and are available to communicate via phone and email!
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
The strengths are that they are always very helpful and polite. They explain information thoroughly and respond in a timely manner. They always find alternatives to solutions and have a great attitude. I think the only weakness is that they have an automated phone line and you can never get a live person on the phone. I have always had to leave a message, but then I get a response within a day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Nachtigall (retired) at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
It was covered under my insurance
Describe Robert Nachtigall (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Robert Nachtigall (retired)
Kaiser Permanente NorCal
San Francisco
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Nachtigall (retired) at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.