9.8

41 Flatbush Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
929.419.5123

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
My husband and I liked [Dr. Setton] from our first appointment and throughout the process he has always been available, patient, warm and knowledgeable. He is straightforward so will let us know the risks and probabilities up front but always in a caring way...For the first IUI I took Clomid which definitely affected my mood and for the second IUI I took Letrozole (did not have any side effects from this medication).
To start, its a very nice and comfortable clinic. It's always easy to get an appointment and there is almost no wait. Everyone that works there is extremely nice and professional. They also do IUI's and IVF's at the clinic which is very convenient...[the SGF nurses] are very kind, organized, efficient, patient, and helpful. Its been very easy to communicate with them and understand next steps
How was your experience with Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York?
So far we have had a good experience with Doctor Setton. My husband and I liked him from our first appointment and throughout the process he has always been available, patient, warm and knowledgeable. He is straightforward so will let us know the risks and probabilities up front but always in a caring way. He also made the time to call me after important appointments where he was not able to make it in person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York?
Don't be shy of asking all your questions and understanding the why behind any recommendations/medications.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York?
Everyone at the clinic is amazing, from the doctors to the nurses and the receptionists. They are all calm and warm and treat you like a person despite seeing many many patients per day,
Describe the protocols Robert Setton used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility New York and their degree of success.
We first started with IUI and tried 2 cycles but based on the results we decided to move to IVF. For the first IUI I took Clomid which definitely affected my mood and for the second IUI I took Letrozole (did not have any side effects from this medication).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility New York.
Amazing! I have been pleasantly surprised with all of them. They are very kind, organized, efficient, patient, and helpful. Its been very easy to communicate with them and understand next steps. Its a nice surprise to have such a great clinic and team when healthcare in the US isn't the best.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York.
Insurance has covered most of the costs. I do remember that we paid $2,100 for embryo genetic analysis. This is a one time payment despite the number of embryos.
Describe Robert Setton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility New York.
The doctor and clinic's recommendation is to go with single embryo transfer.
2021, Unknown Success
Infertility is never an easy journey but Dr. Setton is an amazing physician that does his best to make it "easier." He truly cares about his patients and is extremely easy to talk to about any and everything. He was an extreme source of knowledge, insights, and comfort during our journey and we were blessed to be cared for by him...genuinely excited and happy with us during our journey...
[Shady Grove Fertility is] Extremely well organized and well run; efficient; never a problem to get an appointment when you wanted it. Clear billing (very transparent and upfront). Also, the nurse technicians are AMAZING! The building is also very clean and meticulously designed...Infertility is never an easy journey but Dr. Setton is an amazing physician that does his best to make it "easier."
How was your experience with Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York?
Infertility is never an easy journey but Dr. Setton is an amazing physician that does his best to make it "easier." He truly cares about his patients and is extremely easy to talk to about any and everything. He was an extreme source of knowledge, insights, and comfort during our journey and we were blessed to be cared for by him. I highly recommend him for anyone facing a difficult journey.
Don't be afraid to discuss any and everything with him - he is extremely open and no question is too small
He was an extreme source of knowledge, insights, and comfort during our journey and we were blessed to be cared for by him. He paid close attention to my case and would call me even while on vacation to give me updates. He was genuinely excited and happy with us during our journey, and I could tell when things did not go well he took it extremely personally.
1) Natural attempt with progesterone suppositories 2) Polyp removal 3) Natural attempt with progesterone suppositories 4) Full IVF cycle - 1 retrieval with Gonal/Menopur/Cetrotide; trigger shot with Leprolide; retrieval; PGT testing; frozen egg transfer

2022, 16 Eggs Frozen
I had such a positive experience from start to finish! I’ve already recommended Dr. Setton to several friends. He has a very warm and cheerful bedside manner, and is an excellent physician. His team was in contact with me every step of the way and my results exceeded my expectations. You will be in good hands here!
I truly cannot think of any weaknesses. The office [Shady Grove Fertility] is beautiful, conveniently located, and the staff is amazing! I would tell a new patient that if they pick SGF they will be in the hands of the most competent and caring team...He [Dr. Setton] has a very warm and cheerful bedside manner, and is an excellent physician. His team was in contact with me every step of the way and my results exceeded my expectations.
How was your experience with Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York?
I met with three different offices (Weill Cornell, Spring, and SGF) because I’m the type of person that likes to be certain I’m getting the best care, and I’m so glad I chose Dr. Setton and SGF. The team is so wonderful, you will be treated like family and in a warm and supportive environment with excellent care!
Dr. Setton and his care team at SGF are the best in the field! They are so warm and caring. I felt supported every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility New York. (Assigned nurse: Catherine, Valerie )
Catherine and Valerie are the best!! They are so warm, and thorough, and really get to know their patients!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility New York.
I truly cannot think of any weaknesses. The office is beautiful, conveniently located, and the staff is amazing! I would tell a new patient that if they pick SGF they will be in the hands of the most competent and caring team.
The costs were coveted by my insurance, but when I initially looked I thought I’d be paying out of pocket and SGF was willing to work with me on the costs.

2022, 21 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Setton was really helpful. I wanted to move quickly and he made that happen, getting me in to see him the same day as our virtual consult and answering all of my questions. He never made me feel like we needed to rush...wonderful, addressed my concerns and answered my questions and was very patient....I felt like I had all the information I needed and like she [nurse] understood what I was going through and was there to help me the entire time, even texting me the night of my trigger shot to make sure I was okay and had everything...
Catherine [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility New York] was absolutely fantastic. So patient, called me back immediately, spent lots of time on the phone with me leading up to the treatment and during it, and made me feel so comfortable. I felt like I had all the information I needed and like she understood what I was going through and was there to help me the entire time, even texting me the night of my trigger shot to make sure I was okay and had everything. Really great. The rest of the clinic staff was also wonderful, always helpful, very efficiently in and out of monitoring appointments in Brooklyn.
How was your experience with Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York?
Dr. Setton was wonderful, addressed my concerns and answered my questions and was very patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility New York. (Assigned nurse: Catherine)
Catherine was absolutely fantastic. So patient, called me back immediately, spent lots of time on the phone with me leading up to the treatment and during it, and made me feel so comfortable. I felt like I had all the information I needed and like she understood what I was going through and was there to help me the entire time, even texting me the night of my trigger shot to make sure I was okay and had everything. Really great. The rest of the clinic staff was also wonderful, always helpful, very efficiently in and out of monitoring appointments in Brooklyn. Would recommend to anyone going through this.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility New York.
Really peaceful clinic, not huge, easy to get the appointment time you want and never any waiting. Lovely, helpful staff. I didn't mind going in and found that everyone gave me lots of information and the attention I needed to not have this totally disrupt my life.
$7500 for the retrieval cycle, plus around $3k for medications, $450 for anesthesia for the procedure, and then $55/month for egg freezing storage.
Brooklyn

2021, Successful
Dr Setton is a wonderful doctor. He is caring, friendly and always gave me hope. He treated me like family. I can not begin to thank him enough for all he has done! I am lucky to have met him...Dr Setton was a part of every step of my journey. He was available with anything I needed and would personally follow up with me. He is an amazing doctor.
The [Shady Grove Fertility New York] clinic was always organised and clean, morning monitoring was easy, quick, and thorough. The staff is always friendly! I was a cash patient so pricing wasn’t up front. But dr setton was amazing and helped speak to the clinic so accommodate costs...[nurse] Val is always positive. She truly helped me look at the bright side when things got tough. I looked forward to her emails and calls everyday. She truly was there for me for every question I had.
How was your experience with Robert Setton at Shady Grove Fertility New York?
Always trust his advice. He truly knows what is best.
I had a natural cycle transfer because previous cycles showed fluid at the implantation site
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility New York. (Assigned nurse: Valery )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility New York.
The clinic was always organised and clean, morning monitoring was easy, quick, and thorough. The staff is always friendly! I was a cash patient so pricing wasn’t up front. But dr setton was amazing and helped speak to the clinic so accommodate costs . .
Frozen embryo transfer 4250$ with discount. Polyp removal 1200 plus anesthesia 400. Canceled embryo transfers 4500. Monitoring after positive pregnancy test 3x350$
I was always recommended single embryo transfer