South Jersey Fertility Center

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolDamascus U.
609-813-2192
400 Lippincott Drive
Marlton, NJ 08053
856-596-2241
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Skaf to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 87%Don't recommend: 13%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend South Jersey Fertility Center to a friend?
I was there for a consultation. I am not sure that I was happy with it because he [Dr. Robert Skaf] questioned a few things in medical history that he didn't believe or agree with. I had to explain the reasons in detail. He told us that we needed to a lot more testing before they would create a plan of action. Tests were not explained in detail.
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
I was there for a consultation. I am not sure that I was happy with it because he questioned a few things in medical history that he didn't believe or agree with. I had to explain the reasons in detail. He told us that we needed to a lot more testing before they would create a plan of action. Tests were not explained in detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Make sure you can advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
We went for an initial consultation. I felt like he questioned things from my medical history even after giving detailed explanations. He did not give us a course of action other than more testing the next round.
Describe the protocols Robert Skaf used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was not given any strategies. I am in the middle of the cycle and they said if it did not result in pregnancy we would just be doing testing with no treatment this coming cycle.
I was told by several people that I would be called with test results the next day. I was not even after calling several times that day. I did contact someone in the office who was able to clear things up and get me a call back. They informed me that they would not call in the future with results (progesterone levels and routine bloodwork - or what they consider routine) . I asked if I could get the results on the patient portal to which I was told no. I am a big advocate of being knowledgeable about my health and testing and feel that trust and transparency is not at the level I want it to be and am considering changing practices.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Everyone was very friendly and kind when we were there. The communication and transparency is not up to my standards although they did try to get me some of the information I requested. I am not sure that we will continue with the practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center.
I had my typical specialist copay
What specific things went wrong at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Burlington
He [Dr. Skaf] listened, changed protocol based on my cycle lengths. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything in detail to me and my husband....He’s easy to talk to and willing to change things based on your cycle and body needs....Very knowledgeable, explained everything to me in detail. I was comfortable with him and knew what to expect for each test/IUI. He was honest with me...This will be my 3rd and final IUI as my clinic only allows 3.
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable, explained everything to me in detail. I was comfortable with him and knew what to expect for each test/IUI. He was honest with me and alrhough I’m not pregnant yet, I’d recommend him to friends.
Ask questions, if you don’t understand sonething let him know. He’s easy to talk to and willing to change things based on your cycle and body needs.
He listened, changed protocol based on my cycle lengths. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything in detail to me and my husband.
For IUI 1: 50 mg clomid cd 3-7 then ovidrel shot on cd 11, IUI cd 13. Checked progesterone levels one week later. Resulted in a negative beta. IUI 2: 100mg clomid cd 3-7, ovidrel shot cd 12, IUI cd 13. Progesterone level check one week later then negative beta 15 dpiui. I’m scheduled for cd 3 bloodwork and ultrasound tomorrow. This will be my 3rd and final IUI as my clinic only allows 3.
The nursing staff is amazing! All of them are very compassionate and understanding. They make me feel comfortable at every visit. I love the nurses at the Burlington office, they remember me and my son. They’re always so sweet to him when he comes to my appointments with me.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Easy to get appointments, they have several offices, it’s very clean, the nurses always call me back within a reasonable time. J never have to wait long to be seen and my appointments are relatively quick. I really like the fact that they always in time for appointments. It’s also nice that they open early enough in the mornings so that I can go before work. I’m very happy with this clinic so far.
I had copays for my medication and had to pay out of pocket for my IUIs. My insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatment.
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Skaf outlined all of our options and made recommendations. He respected our decisions, even though we didn't opt for his initial recommendation. I think he was very kind and gentle with his diagnosis and recommendation. Initially, my husband and I heard two different recommendations, but were able to reach Dr. Skaf for clarification...Because of my age and egg reserve, Dr. Skaf recommended IVF immediately with injections. We were initially off-put by this and tried IUI
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
My advice would be to follow their advice and as questions any time you do not understand something; work through their process and take it one step at a time. They are experts in this field with a great track record.
The office staff was friendly and supportive. They greeted me by name each time and engaged me in conversation. The providers were also friendly and caring. They supported every decision we made.
Because of my age and egg reserve, Dr. Skaf recommended IVF immediately with injections. We were initially off-put by this and tried IUI. After three unsuccessful attempts, we tried IVF and after our second transfer were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Day and a Nurse later for IVF)
The care coordinators were friendly and fully explained every step. Initially, I was concerned about leaving a voicemail and getting a call back in a timely manner, but they always called back right away.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely efficient with scheduling. I hardly ever had a wait longer than 10 minutes. They explain every step in detail and answered my multiple questions. If you have any concerns, let them know. They will work with you on your schedule. They are compassionate and positive.
Our total out of pocket was $10,000. We were provided an accurate estimate.
Describe Robert Skaf's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
The doctors gave us the option for multiples and supported our decision for a single.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
This review pertains more generally to South Jersey Fertility since you are not given a specific doctor as a patient but instead expected to see whoever happens to be available that day...There was little change to my protocol over the course of 5 cycles which did not make sense to me considering we were getting the same results each time. They did not look further into potential problems affecting my fertility... I don't feel any of the doctors I encountered were invested in their patients.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
This review pertains more generally to South Jersey Fertility since you are not given a specific doctor as a patient but instead expected to see whoever happens to be available that day. By the time I came to SJ fertility I had just left another RE where I had a poor experience and after 3 cycles, decided to more on. I had also been through 6 cycles with another doctor years prior and successfully conceived my daughter. I feel like if I had not known a good deal about what my treatments would involved form experience, I would have felt very lost, lonely, and hopeless here. I was able to advocate for myself based on that experience but it fell on deaf ears. They were not very aggressive or proactive and although they knew we were out of pocket for everything and that IVF was not an option financially, seemed to think everyone can just go IVF if other treatment didn't work. No one ever had a conversation with me about my failed cycles , how my labs looked, what could be going wrong - nothing unless prompted and even then we're very brief answers. I don't feel any of the doctors I encountered were invested in their patients. I have very high expectations following an amazing experience with my first RE (in another state), but I did not find this experience acceptable.
Advocate for yourself. Push and get answers otherwise they will not be given. Talk to others who have been or are going through treatment so you know what to ask and what to expect and when things are not right. Just because IVF exists is "an" option (though not really an option for some like us) that doesn't mean other treatment is not worth pursuing aggressively.
Following my initial consult where I explained our past treatment and my concerns, I left feeling somewhat positive although I know I was told exactly what I wanted to her and it wasn't very thorough. That doctor/nurse left the practice a week later and no other doctor every had a conversation with me about our treatment, my concerns, or our plans moving forward after each failed cycle. You saw a different doctor each visit and each time I had to repeat the things I wanted known and no one seemed to know exactly what took place prior. We continued the same plans with no changes until I prompted them (having had experience with infertility treatment in the past). Either I got lost in the shuffle or this is just how they operate. When I mentioned these feelings, nothing changed.
There was little change to my protocol over the course of 5 cycles which did not make sense to me considering we were getting the same results each time. They did not look further into potential problems affecting my fertility because I had already been diagnosed with several conditions (manageable) prior and had a living daughter. I feel more investigation should have been done.
The nursing staff was fine - not overly friendly or personable. I never sensed a level of compassion or was ever even engaged in conversation.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I think having a "point" doctor is important, even if you do sometimes see other doctors in the practice. I never knew who to go to with questions and when I did speak up, I had to back track and explain everything from day 1 in order to understand the present because no one ever knew your individual case. I did not feel anyone had responsibility for my care.
We were told the appointments would be covered but not procedures or medications. We paid of out of pocket for that and are just now finding out, after 5 cycles over 6 months of treatment that insurance is looking to deny any coverage.
What specific things went wrong at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Sewell
He [Dr. Skaf] explained everything to us. He was great. He was very excited for us when we received a positive test...I have unexplained infertility. We went with ICSI and a frozen transfer. At first the goal was a fresh transfer but my levels were off so I had to do a frozen one. I also saw a fertility acupuncturist who was with me the day of transfer to give me a treatment before and after...He kept us comfortable and relaxed during our transfer.
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He explained everything to us. He was great. He was very excited for us when we received a positive test. It was very hard to leave the office and see my regular OBGYN. He kept us comfortable and relaxed during our transfer.
Listen to him. I waited 8 years to have a baby and he made it happen.
The nurses were great. They all knew my name and my husbands name after our first visit. They gave us hugs when we received the positive pregnancy test and we felt like family when going thru the IVF process. We have visited the Egg Harbor Township office with our daughter since she has been born. We can’t thank them enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. Alsways eased my worries and called me back every time that I had a question.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
They treat everyone amazing. I didn’t feel like I was just a number or patient. They knew exactly who we were and where we were in our process. They answered all of our questions and we had many of them. I even called the number on Christmas and received a call back from the nurse within minutes. I can’t say enough great things.
The cost was a lot since I paid out of pocket. I did receive a grant from a group called BabyQuest.
I felt that a single embryo transfer made the most sense. I have never been pregnant so I didn’t know if I was even able to carry a child. I’m glad I made the decision of 1 embryo transfer.
2009 - 2012
He [Dr. Robert Skaf] seemed a bit officious at first, but when he examined my husband, he seemed to have a good understanding that this was male infertility that was holding us up. He sent us to a good urologist and when that was done, we were set up for ICSI. I trusted him and his office.... He listened to our concerns and had a well thought out plan for action. It was successful the first time.
2009 - 2012
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He seemed a bit officious at first, but when he examined my husband, he seemed to have a good understanding that this was male infertility that was holding us up. He sent us to a good urologist and when that was done, we were set up for ICSI. I trusted him and his office.
Be honest.
I can't remember specifics, but we got started at the end of my December cycle, just as we planned. I gave myself shots every morning it seemed for about two months, through the time of egg retrieval and embryo placement.
They were very helpful. The same woman took my blood every other morning for the first couple of weeks, and we cried together (happy and scared tears) when we found out we were, in fact, having twins.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I thought the clinic worked very well. There are many appointments, blood work, medicine checks, consultations and procedures that were required, and there was never a problem scheduling them. I usually went in first thing in the morning, and it was very easy.
I had great insurance coverage, so I just paid my $30 or $40 copay when I came in, didn't pay more than $200 or $300 for meds.
They preferred to do two embryos with fresh, and their policy for frozen was to definitely put in two at a time. I don't remember having a choice with fresh, but there seemed to be no choice with frozen.
Marlton
He [Dr. Robert Skaf] was passionate and very understanding. He took the time to explain everything and what he was doing. He answered all of my questions and/or concerns. I would definitely recommend South Jersey Fertility to anyone who is looking to start a family.... The team of doctors are great and really care about their patients.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He was passionate and very understanding. He took the time to explain everything and what he was doing. He answered all of my questions and/or concerns. I would definitely recommend South Jersey Fertility to anyone who is looking to start a family.
The team of doctors are great and really care about their patients.
They took the time to explain everything. Everyone on the staff was friendly and explained everything. I was treated like a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Jill was excellent. She was very caring and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Clinic was very nice, Clean and staff was very friendly. I never had to wait a long time to be seen. They were always so helpful and considerate. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who is looking to start a family.
Mostly my insurance covered it.