Available by cell phone
609-813-2192
400 Lippincott Drive
Marlton, NJ 08053
856-596-2241
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Skaf to a friend?

5.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend South Jersey Fertility Center to a friend?
He [Dr. Skaf] is very thorough. He doesn't speak before asking 100 questions to make sure he understands your medical history . If he doesn't know the answer to something right away he states which of his colleagues he thinks would know the answer best and gets it . Very humble vibe from such a knowledgeable man . After suffering 2 losses from a previous doctor he was able to show me where he would change things without talking ill of the other doctor
I primarily dealt with Kat with all of my call in questions. I can be a little bit of a pain but hey this is scary stuff! She was very helpful and never seemed bothered . She would even call me if she hadn't heard from me in a few days to see how I was doing.... I also had a lot of contact with the embryology dept [South Jersey Fertility Center] because my embryos required some special thaw protocol that they special ordered from Japan for me . They were all great in the process !
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He is very thorough. He doesn't speak before asking 100 questions to make sure he understands your medical history . If he doesn't know the answer to something right away he states which of his colleagues he thinks would know the answer best and gets it . Very humble vibe from such a knowledgeable man . After suffering 2 losses from a previous doctor he was able to show me where he would change things without talking ill of the other doctor . He suggested I transfer 2 embryos this time because of my recurrent loss history which is something I had asked my other doctor to do and he would not . Now I am currently pregnant with 1 , if we hadn't done the 2 I probably wouldn't be !
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Trust him , you're in the right hands
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
When I came to him for just the consult I had 175 pages of fertility records from a previous doctor and instead of saying he needed time to look through (which he did later of course) he took out a notepad and asked us to walk him through all of our cycles and issues . He spent over an hour with us before making any recommendations on how to proceed.
Describe the protocols Robert Skaf used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 2 frozen embryos left from a previous doctors retrieval. Dr. Skaf allowed me to natural cycle meaning no Birth control was used to pin me to a time frame . Which is what I always thought doctors use to mass cycle women with and I hated it . I was only on estrogen pills and patches . High dose vitamins for my mthfr , and blood thinners for my clotting disorder. The best decision was PIO which is the injection form of progesterone and I believe the helping factor in my pregnancy as I had used suppositories with prior doctor and suffered 2 losses due to poor progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat)
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
When I signed up to review I had to pick 1 doctor only and I picked Skaf because he was what made my husband and I at ease and I'm sure in behind the scenes he does a lot of my care decision making . However I have had appts with Dr. Vandeerlin and Kuzbari has done my transfer and first ultrasound and they are both really great as well . I also had a lot of contact with the embryology dept because my embryos required some special thaw protocol that they special ordered from Japan for me . They were all great in the process !
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center.
We are fortunate enough to have decent insurance. We do pay $75 copay per visit which does get costly in cycle. But I really cannot complain as I know the cost for some people . Also freezing cost which no insurance covers but his was still more affordable than previous doctor
Describe Robert Skaf's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Yes he suggested 2 and that was the right decision as I am currently carrying 1 of them
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center.

He [Dr. Skaf] listened, changed protocol based on my cycle lengths. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything in detail to me and my husband....He’s easy to talk to and willing to change things based on your cycle and body needs....Very knowledgeable, explained everything to me in detail. I was comfortable with him and knew what to expect for each test/IUI. He was honest with me...This will be my 3rd and final IUI as my clinic only allows 3.
Easy to get appointments, they [South Jersey Ctr ] have several offices, it’s very clean, the nurses always call me back within a reasonable time. J never have to wait long to be seen and my appointments are relatively quick. I really like the fact that they always in time for appointments. It’s also nice that they open early enough in the mornings so that I can go before work. I’m very happy with this clinic so far.
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable, explained everything to me in detail. I was comfortable with him and knew what to expect for each test/IUI. He was honest with me and alrhough I’m not pregnant yet, I’d recommend him to friends.
Ask questions, if you don’t understand sonething let him know. He’s easy to talk to and willing to change things based on your cycle and body needs.
He listened, changed protocol based on my cycle lengths. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything in detail to me and my husband.
For IUI 1: 50 mg clomid cd 3-7 then ovidrel shot on cd 11, IUI cd 13. Checked progesterone levels one week later. Resulted in a negative beta. IUI 2: 100mg clomid cd 3-7, ovidrel shot cd 12, IUI cd 13. Progesterone level check one week later then negative beta 15 dpiui. I’m scheduled for cd 3 bloodwork and ultrasound tomorrow. This will be my 3rd and final IUI as my clinic only allows 3.
The nursing staff is amazing! All of them are very compassionate and understanding. They make me feel comfortable at every visit. I love the nurses at the Burlington office, they remember me and my son. They’re always so sweet to him when he comes to my appointments with me.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Easy to get appointments, they have several offices, it’s very clean, the nurses always call me back within a reasonable time. J never have to wait long to be seen and my appointments are relatively quick. I really like the fact that they always in time for appointments. It’s also nice that they open early enough in the mornings so that I can go before work. I’m very happy with this clinic so far.
I had copays for my medication and had to pay out of pocket for my IUIs. My insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatment.

5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Skaf outlined all of our options and made recommendations. He respected our decisions, even though we didn't opt for his initial recommendation. I think he was very kind and gentle with his diagnosis and recommendation. Initially, my husband and I heard two different recommendations, but were able to reach Dr. Skaf for clarification...Because of my age and egg reserve, Dr. Skaf recommended IVF immediately with injections. We were initially off-put by this and tried IUI
The office staff [South Jersey Ctr] was friendly and supportive. They greeted me by name each time and engaged me in conversation. The providers were also friendly and caring. They supported every decision we made...The care coordinators were friendly and fully explained every step. Initially, I was concerned about leaving a voicemail and getting a call back in a timely manner, but they always called back right away.
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
My advice would be to follow their advice and as questions any time you do not understand something; work through their process and take it one step at a time. They are experts in this field with a great track record.
The office staff was friendly and supportive. They greeted me by name each time and engaged me in conversation. The providers were also friendly and caring. They supported every decision we made.
Because of my age and egg reserve, Dr. Skaf recommended IVF immediately with injections. We were initially off-put by this and tried IUI. After three unsuccessful attempts, we tried IVF and after our second transfer were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Day and a Nurse later for IVF)
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely efficient with scheduling. I hardly ever had a wait longer than 10 minutes. They explain every step in detail and answered my multiple questions. If you have any concerns, let them know. They will work with you on your schedule. They are compassionate and positive.
Our total out of pocket was $10,000. We were provided an accurate estimate.
The doctors gave us the option for multiples and supported our decision for a single.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
This review pertains more generally to South Jersey Fertility since you are not given a specific doctor as a patient but instead expected to see whoever happens to be available that day...There was little change to my protocol over the course of 5 cycles which did not make sense to me considering we were getting the same results each time. They did not look further into potential problems affecting my fertility... I don't feel any of the doctors I encountered were invested in their patients.
You saw a different doctor each visit [at South Jersey Center] and each time I had to repeat the things I wanted known and no one seemed to know exactly what took place prior...The nursing staff was fine - not overly friendly or personable. I never sensed a level of compassion or was ever even engaged in conversation...I never knew who to go to with questions and when I did speak up, I had to back track and explain everything from day 1 in order to understand the present because no one ever knew your individual case. I did not feel anyone had responsibility for my care.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
This review pertains more generally to South Jersey Fertility since you are not given a specific doctor as a patient but instead expected to see whoever happens to be available that day. By the time I came to SJ fertility I had just left another RE where I had a poor experience and after 3 cycles, decided to more on. I had also been through 6 cycles with another doctor years prior and successfully conceived my daughter. I feel like if I had not known a good deal about what my treatments would involved form experience, I would have felt very lost, lonely, and hopeless here. I was able to advocate for myself based on that experience but it fell on deaf ears. They were not very aggressive or proactive and although they knew we were out of pocket for everything and that IVF was not an option financially, seemed to think everyone can just go IVF if other treatment didn't work. No one ever had a conversation with me about my failed cycles , how my labs looked, what could be going wrong - nothing unless prompted and even then we're very brief answers. I don't feel any of the doctors I encountered were invested in their patients. I have very high expectations following an amazing experience with my first RE (in another state), but I did not find this experience acceptable.
Advocate for yourself. Push and get answers otherwise they will not be given. Talk to others who have been or are going through treatment so you know what to ask and what to expect and when things are not right. Just because IVF exists is "an" option (though not really an option for some like us) that doesn't mean other treatment is not worth pursuing aggressively.
Following my initial consult where I explained our past treatment and my concerns, I left feeling somewhat positive although I know I was told exactly what I wanted to her and it wasn't very thorough. That doctor/nurse left the practice a week later and no other doctor every had a conversation with me about our treatment, my concerns, or our plans moving forward after each failed cycle. You saw a different doctor each visit and each time I had to repeat the things I wanted known and no one seemed to know exactly what took place prior. We continued the same plans with no changes until I prompted them (having had experience with infertility treatment in the past). Either I got lost in the shuffle or this is just how they operate. When I mentioned these feelings, nothing changed.
There was little change to my protocol over the course of 5 cycles which did not make sense to me considering we were getting the same results each time. They did not look further into potential problems affecting my fertility because I had already been diagnosed with several conditions (manageable) prior and had a living daughter. I feel more investigation should have been done.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I think having a "point" doctor is important, even if you do sometimes see other doctors in the practice. I never knew who to go to with questions and when I did speak up, I had to back track and explain everything from day 1 in order to understand the present because no one ever knew your individual case. I did not feel anyone had responsibility for my care.
We were told the appointments would be covered but not procedures or medications. We paid of out of pocket for that and are just now finding out, after 5 cycles over 6 months of treatment that insurance is looking to deny any coverage.
What specific things went wrong at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Sewell
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Skaf new my exact situation like the back of his hand and was always so kind and understanding. He answered all my questions thoroughly and gently. I trusted him completely.... We were originally told by Dr. Sawin (not Skaf) that we could only do a single embryo transfer. We were so upset by this. 4 days before our transfer though I asked again for 2 embryos. We got a yes from Dr. Weissmann! We were so happy and thank goodness we did 2 because only ONE took. We are so grateful for our sticky bean.
South Jersey Fertility Center is so thorough, knowledgeable, considerate, and kind. I trust them whole-heartedly. Because of them, my husband and I are finally able to realize our dream of growing our family.... Jessica May was AMAZING!!!!! She is SO a thoughtful and made me feel SO much better about the whole procedure. She answers all of my questions so quickly and she’s so patient with me!!! All the staff at the EHT office were amazing too!!!! They were so sweet and accommodating. I love them ALL!!!!!!!
European, Latino
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Skaf is super kind and so knowledgeable. He has so much experience in his field. I felt so confident with him performing our embryo transfer. Because of him, and the amazing staff at SJFC, we’re now expecting our first baby!
Trust his opinions. He knows what he’s doing and he won’t lead you wrong.
Our treatment started with birth control to regulate my cycle. We then added Lupron injections to downplay my ovaries. Following this, we had an ultrasound to check my uterine lining. After that, we started the progesterone shots and estrogen and soon after, we had our transfer!! Now that I’m pregnant, I’m continuing the progesterone and estrogen until ten weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica May)
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Skaf] explained everything to us. He was great. He was very excited for us when we received a positive test...I have unexplained infertility. We went with ICSI and a frozen transfer. At first the goal was a fresh transfer but my levels were off so I had to do a frozen one. I also saw a fertility acupuncturist who was with me the day of transfer to give me a treatment before and after...He kept us comfortable and relaxed during our transfer.
The nurses [South Jersey Ctr] were great. They all knew my name and my husbands name after our first visit. They gave us hugs when we received the positive pregnancy test and we felt like family when going thru the IVF process...The nursing staff is great. Alsways eased my worries and called me back every time that I had a question....I even called the number on Christmas and received a call back from the nurse within minutes. I can’t say enough great things.
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He explained everything to us. He was great. He was very excited for us when we received a positive test. It was very hard to leave the office and see my regular OBGYN. He kept us comfortable and relaxed during our transfer.
Listen to him. I waited 8 years to have a baby and he made it happen.
The nurses were great. They all knew my name and my husbands name after our first visit. They gave us hugs when we received the positive pregnancy test and we felt like family when going thru the IVF process. We have visited the Egg Harbor Township office with our daughter since she has been born. We can’t thank them enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
They treat everyone amazing. I didn’t feel like I was just a number or patient. They knew exactly who we were and where we were in our process. They answered all of our questions and we had many of them. I even called the number on Christmas and received a call back from the nurse within minutes. I can’t say enough great things.
The cost was a lot since I paid out of pocket. I did receive a grant from a group called BabyQuest.
I felt that a single embryo transfer made the most sense. I have never been pregnant so I didn’t know if I was even able to carry a child. I’m glad I made the decision of 1 embryo transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Skaf took time to speak with me regarding my late term loss. He also gave me options for this next pregnancy that no other doctor has. He was very warm, honest and caring...He is caring also gives you realistic goals. He is open to your opinion and treatments that you want to try. I wish I found him sooner I think I would have had a different outcome and not wasted 6 years....We tried 150 mg of Clomid along with Ovidrel. I made the same amount of eggs that I made with the Gonal F that I tried in the last RE I used.
The billing office [South Jersey Fertility Center] needs more training with insurances and the coverage. Also if you have more than one insurance don't charge the patient bill all the insurances first. I love the front desk staff they are friendly remember your name and all nuances about your treatment. Very liberal hours for treatment....Very knowledgeable she [nurse] made sure I went through alot of testing and treatment to ensure I am the healthiest I can be with such short time... Dr. Skaf took time to speak with me regarding my late term loss.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Be honest with him. Tell him everything he will work with you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tracy Krause)
Very knowledgeable she made sure I went through alot of testing and treatment to ensure I am the healthiest I can be with such short time
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The billing office needs more training with insurances and the coverage. Also if you have more than one insurance don't charge the patient bill all the insurances first. I love the front desk staff they are friendly remember your name and all nuances about your treatment. Very liberal hours for treatment.
The only costs I incurred was for the meds and the IUI my insurance doesn't cover it
Burlington

2009 - 2012
He [Dr. Robert Skaf] seemed a bit officious at first, but when he examined my husband, he seemed to have a good understanding that this was male infertility that was holding us up. He sent us to a good urologist and when that was done, we were set up for ICSI. I trusted him and his office.... He listened to our concerns and had a well thought out plan for action. It was successful the first time.
I thought the clinic [S. Jersey Fertility Center] worked very well. There are many appointments, blood work, medicine checks, consultations and procedures that were required, and there was never a problem scheduling them. I usually went in first thing in the morning, and it was very easy.... They preferred to do two embryos with fresh, and their policy for frozen was to definitely put in two at a time. I don't remember having a choice with fresh, but there seemed to be no choice with frozen.
2009 - 2012
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He seemed a bit officious at first, but when he examined my husband, he seemed to have a good understanding that this was male infertility that was holding us up. He sent us to a good urologist and when that was done, we were set up for ICSI. I trusted him and his office.
Be honest.
I can't remember specifics, but we got started at the end of my December cycle, just as we planned. I gave myself shots every morning it seemed for about two months, through the time of egg retrieval and embryo placement.
They were very helpful. The same woman took my blood every other morning for the first couple of weeks, and we cried together (happy and scared tears) when we found out we were, in fact, having twins.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I thought the clinic worked very well. There are many appointments, blood work, medicine checks, consultations and procedures that were required, and there was never a problem scheduling them. I usually went in first thing in the morning, and it was very easy.
I had great insurance coverage, so I just paid my $30 or $40 copay when I came in, didn't pay more than $200 or $300 for meds.
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Skaf was very professional but at the same time very warm and friendly. He listened to our concerns and explained things in a very detailed manner that we were able to understand. When we left after a consultation we felt hopeful in our next steps and optimistic about his approach.... Every transfer we have done has been a multiple embryo transfer.... He is kind and I can feel that he is trying to help myself and my husband with our wants for a family.
Only weakness is the doing blood work in the morning, if you don't get there [South Jersey Fertility Center] super early you end up waiting for a while. Same goes for appointments, it is hit or miss with how long you might wait to get to see a doctor.... [Nurse] Very detailed and organized and explained protocols and scheduling in detail.... Dr. Skaf was very professional but at the same time very warm and friendly.... He is very nice and stays current with modern medicine
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He is very nice and stays current with modern medicine
Very personal, warm, and friendly every time I saw him. He is kind and I can feel that he is trying to help myself and my husband with our wants for a family.
Very detailed and organized and explained protocols and scheduling in detail.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Only weakness is the doing blood work in the morning, if you don't get there super early you end up waiting for a while. Same goes for appointments, it is hit or miss with how long you might wait to get to see a doctor.
My deductible/out of pocket for health insurance.
Every transfer we have done has been a multiple embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Robert Skaf] was passionate and very understanding. He took the time to explain everything and what he was doing. He answered all of my questions and/or concerns. I would definitely recommend South Jersey Fertility to anyone who is looking to start a family.... The team of doctors are great and really care about their patients.
Clinic [South Jersey Fertility Center- Marlton]was very nice, Clean and staff was very friendly. I never had to wait a long time to be seen. They were always so helpful and considerate. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who is looking to start a family.... Jill [a nurse] was excellent. She was very caring and answered all of my questions.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He was passionate and very understanding. He took the time to explain everything and what he was doing. He answered all of my questions and/or concerns. I would definitely recommend South Jersey Fertility to anyone who is looking to start a family.
The team of doctors are great and really care about their patients.
They took the time to explain everything. Everyone on the staff was friendly and explained everything. I was treated like a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Jill was excellent. She was very caring and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Clinic was very nice, Clean and staff was very friendly. I never had to wait a long time to be seen. They were always so helpful and considerate. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who is looking to start a family.
Mostly my insurance covered it.
+ Read more- Read less

The front desk staff [South Jersey Fertility Center] were nice. When you see the nurse she was knowledgeable of everything and then when seeing the dr [Dr. Skaf] he was very nice and explained everything from beginning to end. Was very eager to start right away....Wouldn’t change anything was a smooth process. All paperwork is available online to complete prior to appointment. After seeing the dr the insurance department sends you an explanation of your benefits and other options available... They explain everything and listen to you.
The front desk staff [South Jersey Fertility Center] were nice. When you see the nurse she was knowledgeable of everything and then when seeing the dr [Dr. Skaf] he was very nice and explained everything from beginning to end....They explain everything and listen to you. They’re ready to help you achieve pregnancy... Wouldn’t change anything was a smooth process. All paperwork is available online to complete prior to appointment. After seeing the dr the insurance department sends you an explanation of your benefits and other options available
How was your experience with Robert Skaf at South Jersey Fertility Center?
The front desk staff were nice. When you see the nurse she was knowledgeable of everything and then when seeing the dr he was very nice and explained everything from beginning to end. Was very eager to start right away.
He’s great