Robert Stillman

Shady Grove Fertility

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolGeorgetown
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipHarvard
Rockville
9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Stillman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Stillman is an amazing Dr. He took the time to personally walk us through the treatment and the odds step by step. He didn't sugar coat our potential outcomes but he made us feel like he truly cared regarding out outcomes....I was an out of state patient so I only went to the office 2 times. He stayed in constant communication and was just so clear with their treatment path and why they believed it was the best way when I had questions.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Stillman at Shady Grove Fertility?
I've never had a Dr. would would personally call me to make sure everything is ok, or if I left without getting all my questions answered. I was an out of state patient so I only went to the office 2 times. He stayed in constant communication and was just so clear with their treatment path and why they believed it was the best way when I had questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Stillman at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be ready to hear the good and bad but it will only help you in the long run. As a long time fertility patient I did not find it helpful when a Doctor was over confident or told me they should be able to fix my problem. But he was also hopeful and very caring.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Stillman at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robert Stillman used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
The biggest difference for me is that they were so set on using progesterone in oil which I did not use in the past and my previous doctor wouldn't even consider and wouldn't give me an explanation. I used a donor so I didn't know her exact protocol as far as stimulation meds since it was specific to her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vivian)
Vivan was amazing. Always willing to answer all my crazy questions and even provide some perspective after we got our positive test. It was difficult co-ordinating with my satellite clinic which she took in stride and was able to help me through that difficult portion. She was always available on email and would get back to me same day or next day. She was prompt with my fertilization reports even when I thought they were taking too long at the time.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove was a great place to visit - their clinic is prompt and well run. Other places I've gone I've waited over an hour with a scheduled appointment with a full bladder. I never waited more than 5-10 mins. The front desk is kind and their new office in Rockville is beautiful!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Stillman at Shady Grove Fertility.
42,000 usd - guaranteed live birth donor egg shared cycle with 1 other couple.
Describe Robert Stillman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He did at first but when it came to transfer time was willing to take a risk since my second embryo was frozen on Day 7 and probably much lower quality. I really appreciated this as I traveled from so far to do my transfer.
Robert Stillman