RBA

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
678-366-2154
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Straub to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RBA to a friend?
Dr. Straub is very matter of fact. He doesn’t give any emotional support. He did make a joke at the end of my second appt with him and it was kind of a shock because his personality is so straight forward.... He draws a diagram as he speaks and lays out all of the details for you. He answered all of my questions and was pretty patient with me because I had a lot.... We had a lot of tests run on me including amh level, hormone levels, femvue test
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is direct and to the point. He draws a diagram as he speaks and lays out all of the details for you. He answered all of my questions and was pretty patient with me because I had a lot. He is not emotionally supportive at all. I cried when he told us ivf was our best option and he pointed to the box of tissues on his desk and kept talking.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Go with this doctor if you want an efficient, smart doctor who will cater to your timeline. Get a therapist elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We had a lot of tests run on me including amh level, hormone levels, femvue test and maybe more tests. My husband had to do two semen analyses and ultimately they found male factor infertility was the issue. Due to his numbers ivf using ICSI and a frozen transfer were presented as our best option. We are about to start the egg retrieval process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy C)
The nurses have been wonderful. They answer all of my questions and put up with my crazy. They tell me of their own personal experiences with IVF. They are quick to respond and always thorough. They made me feel like they cared.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA is huge and it is a pretty well oiled machine. The most annoying part for us has been the billing office which took forever to return my calls or emails. Everyone else has been mostly kind. I had one rude person answer the phone but that’s all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
So far we have paid about 13,000 but expect to pay 26 or so for IVF with ICSI.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
He recommended transferring only one embryo for us as it is lower risk.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
The first time I met with Dr. Straub, he was compassionate yet blunt. Blunt due to the issues my age may play a role in success of any fertility procedures. I understood that. The last time I met with him was after the failure of my procedure. He was extremely encouraging, as my body did everything it was supposed to do to prepare with the help of the fertility drugs and we had a great looking embryo. It was the "flip of a coin", as he put it, whether the pregnancy would happen. Because everything set up so perfectly, he is completely on my side in taking 1 more chance.
He's a good guy. You can't go wrong choosing him to be your physician.
I have some medical issues, and Dr. Straub took those into account and required each of my physicians to "sign off" on me getting pregnant. He wanted to be very sure everyone on my "team" was on the same page. When I saw him post-treatment (that did not work), I felt like he was completely "on my side". I had anticipated trying this one time, but he was very encouraging as everything went as planned except that the embryo did not result in a pregnancy. We are in the process of deciding to move ahead with another try.
I started with Lupron injections. Then, patches and internal suppositories were added. These were simply to control my cycle and prepare my uterus. I was lucky as I had no apparent side-effects of any of the medications. The results were excellent as my uterus did everything it was supposed to do in the expected time frames.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy Cerejewski)
Amy was great. The best way to contact her was through the email portal. She usually replied within a maximum of a couple of hours. She answered all my questions and concerns as well as helped me make sure all my records came in from my other physicians.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I liked the initial presentation that I was able to attend on a Saturday morning. It was a good presentation to introduce prospective patients to the clinic, procedures, and some of their doctors and staff. I never had a problem contacting the main office via phone or email. I also never waited more than 10-15 minutes for them to call me back for an appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
My costs for embryo transfer were ~$6000 + medications. Insurance covered the cost of the initial consultation and the FemView (maybe?).
We never discussed multiple embryo transfer. I'm not sure that is even a consideration due to my age.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When I see Dr. Straub I have his undivided attention. He has my chart and is not distracted...While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
After 18 months with my OB including PCOS, 5 negative cycles with Femara, and a laparoscopy to remove severe endometriosis, I finally saw Dr. Straub. He was no nonsense which I appreciated. He outlined why IUIs would not work for us and we're on the same page to move forward with IVF. I thought it was great that he recognized we should pursue frozen transfers. I've felt comfortable asking direct questions and getting a clear answer. While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
Know your health history. Ask direct questions. While the process can be very emotional, go in to appointments with the goal of answers and plans.
RBA's nurses are great. While they move quickly, they are very nice and will answer any questions. I feel very comfortable with the nurses.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Kim in Cumming is excellent. She's totally on top of it if there's an opportunity to see Dr. Straub more quickly. The team does everything they can to not code your chart as infertility so you can use as much insurance as you can, but just double check because Dr. Straub said this then coded an appointment as IVF instead of PCOS or endometriosis which meant it wasn't covered by my insurance. Best to always double check.
Dr. Straub was very clear to recommend a single embryo transfer for my age and first IVF cycle.
Cumming
Dr. Straub seemed like a great choice at first. He answered all my questions and explained everything thoroughly even drawing diagrams. But when it came down to it he was just to cut and dry. My husband (who had a varicocoele and subsequent surgery)...his doctor said we definitely had options as far as treatments, but Dr. Straub made it appear like IVF was the ONLY way to go...He was very natter of fact about the process...not optimistic, or giving false hope....but more like this is how it goes...only that is the case when everything goes exactly according to plan.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub seemed like a great choice at first. He answered all my questions and explained everything thoroughly even drawing diagrams. But when it came down to it he was just to cut and dry. My husband (who had a varicocoele and subsequent surgery)...his doctor said we definitely had options as far as treatments, but Dr. Straub made it appear like IVF was the ONLY way to go. When asking if there was anything else to investigate on my end he was a bit flippant and said he could always find more tests to do. I was going to go ahead and do IVF and after try to look at treating any underlying issues, which I honestly felt he was overlooking due to the fact his goal is to get a baby and the way to do that was IVF regardless of any other issues. I ordered and received all the IVF drugs, but I couldn't go through with it because I just didn't feel comfortable with the decision and his pushiness of IVF over anything else. I should be at peace with my decision and happy to be starting to get somewhere on our fertility journey and maybe finally get our baby. Also after reading versions blogs on infertility and others experiences with egg retrieval I learned that some retrieval cycles are aborted for various reasons, which he never even mentioned as a possible outcome. He was very natter of fact about the process...not optimistic, or giving false hope....but more like this is how it goes...only that is the case when everything goes exactly according to plan.
Do not expect to get any emotional support from him.
The staff was always wonderful...Dr. Straub on the other hand was very blunt which is fine but not always the best attitude when dealing with a major decision such as IVF
I first met with Dr. Straub to assess if I had any issues contributing to our infertility. My husband had a varicocoele and subsequent surgery to correct it. There was originally low motility with 20% acrosomal defects. The surgery improved his numbers and his specialist (within the same practice) said the numbers were good enough for various treatment options. Dr. Straub had me complete bloodwork and a FemVue. Everything turned out normal. I am on thyroid meds and that was ok. My AMH was low normal so he suggested IVF based on some low sperm results (bad sample). Even after a new sperm analysis with good numbers...still pushing IVF, and was flippant when I asked if anything else to look at on my end (due to husbands doctor reporting an increase of 10% natural conception to now 60% now after surgery...but still no success) I wonder if there isn't some underlying issue on my end...but It seems Dr. Straubs goal is Baby, not treatment. I was supposed to start IVF (the drugs are in my fridge) but I did not feel confident or happy about the decision. I will now be transferring to another Dr. Within the practice.
The head nurse Karen is excellent. I had another experience with a nurse Jenni that she lied. I asked if the Dr had received updated sperm analysis results and his recommendation was still IVF, she said yes. On my next meeting with Dr. Straub I asked him the same question directly based and the most resent Soren analysis results...he said he did not even have them yet.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very efficient, good communication...open short hours though which can be difficult when calling. In general no complaints about the clinic, just DrSttaub, but will be remaining with the practice, just a different doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Luckily we do have insurance coverage, which it has been suggested to me was the reason behind him pushing IVF so hard
2009 - 2015
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Robert Straub] takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with.
2009 - 2015
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I have a long history with Dr. Straub and from the very beginning I have had an amazing experience with him. He takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Straub.
Bring your questions. He has no trouble answering them, no matter how crazy they might be. He actually asked me one time what other crazy wives tales are going around in the infertility community.
Dr Straub has amazing bedside manner. I always felt as if I were his number 1 priority when I was seeing him. He never treated me like I was just a number or just a paycheck, he really cared about me and about the outcome of our treatment.
I do not remember all the specifics in protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelly, then Amy)
The nursing staff that works with Dr. Straub is amazing! They even took time to call me a few weeks after my ruptured ectopic pregnancy just to check on me and see if I was doing okay.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA is an amazing clinic. They are great at responding to questions and getting things moving once you're ready to start a cycle. I received the best care from all the staff there. I've since moved away from the Atlanta area but I will travel back there when we are ready to conceive again.
As a young, otherwise healthy woman, Dr. Straub was conservative with the amount of embryos he wanted to transfer. He always suggested one but allowed my husband and I to make the final decision on whether or not we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. Both of my kids were conceived from a single embryo transfer.
Cumming
He [Dr. Robert Straub] is very knowledgeable and not afraid to move on to a more aggressive treatment quickly. I feel like our money is well spent and we are not wasting time and money on tests and procedures that are a waste of time...Expect the appointment to be more of a no nonsense business discussion. His bedside manner in not all warm and touchy...I feel like Dr. Straub took the time and our emails were always responded to in a timely manner. However due to scheduling and the size of RBA Dr. Straub has yet to complete one of our procedures.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He is very knowledgeable and not afraid to move on to a more aggressive treatment quickly. I feel like our money is well spent and we are not wasting time and money on tests and procedures that are a waste of time.
We did one round of IUI with Clomid at 50mg. We had a low response to this and learned of MFI. We switched to IVF and I took Gonal-F 150 and Ganirelix. We had 27 eggs retrieved, 26 were mature, 22 fertilized (ICSI and conventional), 15 embryos made it to 5 day blast. We froze all to prevent OHSS. We decided then to do PGS testing and had 6 normal embryos make it out of that. I just went in (today) for my first frozen transfer and now am waiting for the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy Cerajewski)
Everyone is so nice and knowledgeable. They get you in and out of the office quickly so you don't have to wait and miss too much time at work.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Can be hard to get a new patient appointment. Once you are in appointments are much easier to come by.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
IUI was $1,500; IVF with PGS was $13,830; unlimited FETs (until we bring home a baby) was $6,500
Sandy Springs
Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment...It was a high-risk pregnancy due to my age and my husband's chromosome displacement. I had hysteroscopy (due to previous miscarriages), endometrial scratching (to stimulate uterus for IVF transfer), took synthroid to control my thyroid, and we used injections (progesterone, estrogen, etc) to prepare my body for pregnancy and beyond.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is trustworthy and an expert in his field. He gave us confidence that we needed throughout the IVF treatment.
Excellent communication when it came to the treatment and process that I and my husband had to undergo. All the steps were explained in the detail and the response time on our questions was prompt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen and Amy)
Karen and Amy were extremely polite and effective in communicating and responding to any questions I had.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA is highly organized and well-run IVF clinic. The staff is super friendly and they know you on a first name basis.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Straub might be lacking a little in the bedside manner, but he is very straightforward and I can appreciate that. My husband, however, didn't like it very much. He could seem callous at times, but things get very emotional and you have to tone it down a little to get on with things. He is extremely intelligent and an excellent dr.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very smart and knows what he is doing. He may come off a little sharp, but he means well.
RBA is a bit bigger office, therefore they are busier. Everyone was very nice, but there were still longer waits and more systematic testing. You usually see whichever dr. is on call or a nurse.
Egg retrieval used follistem, due to a big response, we froze the eggs/embryos for a frozen transfer. First frozen embryo transfer went great, positive test. Low BHcg, however. Saw/heard heartbeat at 6 weeks, 2 weeks later, no more heartbeat. D & C was done at 8 weeks. Did blood test to see if there was a clotting disorder with me and came back heterozygous factor V Leiden gene. Second transfer went great, again and added anticoagulant injections (heparin). First BHcg was a higher positive, 2nd Bhcg went down. Chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen Feagin)
Easy to communicate with, respond quickly and are very willing to work with you.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Big and busy, but very nice. Nice facility and nice people.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
IVF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Straub explained things well and let us know of the risks involved with the treatments. He was always positive and told us that if this specific treatment didn’t work, we would adjust and take the next step. Lucky for us, Clomid worked on the 1st cycle after some initial testing!...Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Do not hesitate. Schedule an appointment now to be referred!
The nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
Low dosage of Clomid with an injection- can’t recall the exact name of the injection
They kept us well informed and communicated via telephone and email, which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with RBA.
They were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over.
$60 copay per visit
Piedmont
2 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
2 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very direct and lacks a warm bedside manner. He even used the words "lousy" to describe my husbands semen sample at one time. While he is smart and knowledgeable, I often feel rushed when asking questions. My IUI and IVF attempts have been unsuccessful so far.
Be prepared to not have things sugar-coated.
His nurses were very nice and always answered emails and calls throughout the process. However, when delivering the news of the negative pregnancy test, it was very matter of fact. This is such a sensitive matter I felt a little more compassion could have been present along with next steps. I was told to call back to set another appt to go over everything after he met with the embryologist about my failed cycle. I wish I would have known more about why they chose at the time to put in only 1 embryo instead or 2, and what the grades of all 3 of my embryos are. I still don't know this, but do know they were good enough to be frozen.
They were quick to respond to all of my questions via email or phone and quick with updates.
2013
4 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered...At the point where I started working with him, I had been through 4 IVFs elsewhere, so I was well-versed on what the deal was. I was able to have intelligent conversations with him and left feeling informed...
2013
4 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I live in NYC and used donor eggs at RBA. I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered.
If you live out of town, it is possible to do it all remotely if you have been through the IVF/embryo transfer process elsewhere.
I was pleased that Dr. Straub didn't mind when I requested not to have to go on birth control pills prior to the transfer protocol. He also suggested an alternative to progesterone injections (Crinone) that my other doctor wouldn't let me do. He was flexible after hearing what I liked and did not like about my other experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Cheley)
Cheley was responsive, pleasant and on top of things, and always got back to me quickly via email or phone when needed. The other nurses I dealt with were exactly the same.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I had a great experience at RBA - I actually have nothing bad to say.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
everything was paid for upfront.
Since I used donor eggs, I felt that my success was different than if I was using my own 41-42 year old eggs and since I did not want twins, I was all for the single embryo transfer.
4 IUI, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Straub] seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly... He was very direct and explained every option and the rates at which each option would work. He gave us 3 different options and told us which one would work best if we wanted to conceive. He advised us to see a counselor as well to make sure we were on the correct path.... If you want a doctor who is blunt ans direct and will not sugar coat anything he is the guy.
4 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly and he is very direct.
We have not started IVF with donar eggs yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cunningham)
They were very caring and explained all testing and treatments and gave us a checklist that needed to be completed before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.
Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
Cumming
Very educated and felt very taken care of. [Dr. Robert Straub] and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all. First try and we were pregnant with our baby boy...Communication was great...We had to do frozen transfer...Trust all of his advice
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Very educated and felt very taken care of. Straub and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all. First try and we were pregnant with our baby boy.
Trust all of his advice
Communication was great as I felt very taken care of.
This is hard to remember specially but here goes nothing! Before retrieval: Follistim Pen + Gonal baby aspirin Progesterone shot Antibiotic We had to do frozen transfer Progesterone
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very organized and willing to help. I loved the communication I had between the nurses. They were very positive and willing to walk you through everything over and over. Thankful for their team. They really were thr best out there.
20k
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was very personable, explained all our options. And what he thought would bring us the most success. When we had a scare he made sure to see us the following week to sit us down, and explain that they misread the ultrasound and that everything looked good...We were treated like a human dr.straub was very personable, and we developed a good rapport with him. Trusted him to guide in the right directions
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very personable, explained all our options. And what he thought would bring us the most success. When we had a scare he made sure to see us the following week to sit us down, and explain that they misread the ultrasound and that everything looked good.
To stay open minded that with every treatment there are different tests that have to be done before you can start. Stay patient. And take care of yourself
We had male factor so after my husbands surgery didn't work we were told ivf was the best option since his sperm couldn't penetrate the egg
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
She was very personable and took time to explain everything at each visit and also when I would call with questions.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very timely and quick w results. I wish the procedures and side effects were explained more
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
They went smoothly and wuick
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Since everything with me checked out fine we were encouraged to only transfer one
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was honest. Told me to skip IUI bc it prob wouldn't work. I had a block tube, my husband had low sperm count. He told me I had a very good shot of getting pregnant IVF. I wanted to transfer 2, he said he would prefer 1. We did 1... I wanted to transfer 2 in case 1 didn't stick. He told me they would prob both stick if we did two....He is very nice, straight forward. Explains things well. He even drew pictures so we understood exactly what what the problem was and what was going to happen next
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He is very nice, straight forward. Explains things well. He even drew pictures so we understood exactly what what the problem was and what was going to happen next.................................................................
He was honest. Told me to skip IUI bc it prob wouldn't work. I had a block tube, my husband had low sperm count. He told me I had a very good shot of getting pregnant IVF. I wanted to transfer 2, he said he would prefer 1. We did 1... I wanted to transfer 2 in case 1 didn't stick. He told me they would prob both stick if we did two.
We did a basic egg retrival.... normal protocol.... nothing crazy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
We are active military so we paid 50% of fees.... IVF cost us about 10k, meds and everything
Fayetteville
IVF, Donor Eggs
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him [Dr. Robert Straub] about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner...He was very honest with us about everything including how this may not work the 1st time...Nursing staff [at RBA] was amazing and knowledgeable
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner.
Be honest about health history
It was an insane amount of medications, and shots,lupron, baby aspirin, estrogen, progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
Nursing staff was amazing and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic was very clean and organized
It was somewhere around 4thousand
He thought I was young enough to just transfer one and he was right