5.8

1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect....I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered...We used a traditional IVF with ICSI. My protocol included Gonal F and Ganirelix. We had a very successful cycle resulting in 19 eggs and in the end we ended up with 7 healthy embryos...I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub.
The nursing team [at RBA] was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available...We paid for about $15,000 up front because our insurance did not cover anything and then another $3500 in medications...Strengths-knowledgeable, friendly, and warm. Evidence based and have gotten proven results. Weaknesses- they sometimes had a bit of a wait in the waiting room area. RBA is convenient because they have locations all across Atlanta which made it easy for to me pick the best location. During my time at RBAI was introduced to three different doctor who did performed a variety treatments on me. All doctors were knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I was very pleased with Dr. Straub and the nursing team at RBA. I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered and they were always available. I was very nervous and unaware of what to expect and they went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
It's okay to not know. Go in and have your questions ready to be answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub was personally referred to me by my previous doctor in NYC (Dr. Kligman). I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub. He was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing team was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available.
Cumming
[Dr. Robert Straub] has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through...Due to my diagnosis, [he] advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff [at RBA], all have great demeanor...Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around...the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer...the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr Straub has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through.
Come informed: Cycle dates, dates of any procedures/GYN visits, family history.
Dr Straub (and his team) take the time to thoroughly explain everything and answers any questions you have. We never felt rushed, or pushed through, to the the next step.
My husband and I tried 3 cycles with letrozole, unsure on the dosage. We then tried 2 cycles with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. Due to my diagnosis, Dr Straub advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first. Both letrozole and the timed intercourse was not successful, so we're currently moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff, all have great demeanor. Overall, it has been a great experience. Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Right from the get-go, the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day. When I attempted to schedule my first consultation, I was a little frustrated with hearing that, but I quickly learned that it's a very small group of people at the Cumming location and they really do their best to get back to you ASAP. The whole fertility journey is a 'hurry up and wait' game, so what does it matter that it MAY be one extra business day before you hear from them? Kim is great (front desk)! You'll interact with her during each visit. She's encouraging, bubbly, and a wealth of information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
We're currently going through treatment. I would estimate that we've currently spent ~$2000 for testing, ultrasounds, medication. We have not yet gotten to the 'expensive' part.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr Straub said the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer, but I cannot remember the logic nor have I done further research on my preference.

2016 - 2019, Successful
I liked him [Dr. Robert Straub]. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions... 1. We did fresh transfer with ICIS. I was young and my fertility issue is a tube blockage and my husband had a vasectomy reversal so his sperm was an issue as well. It worked the 1st time, our baby is 2.5 years old 2. went in to use one of our frozen tested (PCG and PDG) embryos) did a typical transfer (BC, Estrogen, PIO). 1st beta was 20. 2nd beta was 6. 3. Currently in cycle. This cycle we did Lupron and a scratch biopsy.
I hate the location of the main office [of RBA]. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.... RBA gives a military discount. Our Fresh cycle was about 8K and our 2 frozen were 2K a piece. We had genetic testing that was 1000 to take the sample..... I like Amy. She always response to emails usually same day. I never had an issue getting questions answered. She did tell me about my 2nd cycle not resulting in a pregnancy, she was straight forward.... but I am sure that news is hard to give.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I really liked him. I saw him about 6 times, either for consults, plan of action, scratch biopsy and he called when I was pregnant the 1st time. I felt like he was very smart a knew what he was doing .
ask questions. He always ask if you have any questions and it's your own fault if you don't ask them. He is willing to answer anything, even multiple times.
I liked him. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy Zimmerman)
Describe your experience with RBA.
I hate the location of the main office. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
I asked on our 1st consult if we could do 2 embryos and was told no. I was also 26 and it was my first cycle. I understood why he said no, the risk associated with multiple is high.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub is very professional and straight to the point with keeping the facts at the forefront of the conversation, but he also does a great job of bringing light and humor to the situation. ... He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time. ... He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Strength would be the kindness of the staff [RBA Cumming] and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. ... $14,100 for monitoring, transfer and PSG testing. This does NOT include $5700 that was paid twice due to one cancelled round.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very straight to the point and helped us make the most realistic decision that would best fit what we were wanting to achieve. He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time.
Bring a note pad to write info discussed down because he tends to talk fast.
We first tried IUI which I started on 100mg of clomid daily and triggered with HCG on day 12 and underwent IUI 36 hours later. After the failed attempt, we embarked on our IVF journey. We started on a high dose of Gonal-F for my age due to my AMH being low. I started with 300units twice daily. On day 7 it was determined my ovaries were not responding and we cancelled egg retrieval. So the next protocol is called a "flare" protocol and Ill will be the max dose of Gonal -F 600units twice daily with Lupron. Have not started yet, if this doesnt work we will try max dose of other protocols
Jennifer Cunningham and Amy Zimmerman are the two nurses assigned to me. They were very informative and communicated with me via email
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength would be the kindness of the staff and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. Once starting, we had a cancelled retrieval and now we are on a waiting period for 2 more weeks with $14,000 sitting in their account.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Cumming

Dr. Straub never made us feel rushed or that any questions were ridiculous or not important. He took the time to explain the process while not overwhelming us with details. He always answered all our questions. He didn't make us feel like we were just another case he was reading from a file. ... We attempted 2 rounds of IUI prior to IVF. IUI was a long shot due to a blocked tube.
The strength of the clinic [RBA] is getting back to patients in a timely manner and not having a long waiting period to get the process started like many clinics do. The weakness of the clinic is the response from the on call after hours phone service. ... They [nurses] were very supportive and available while going through IUI and IVF. Even when an appointment did not have a nursing consultation if I had any questions they were always available to help and did not make any questions seem rushed, unimportant or a waste of their time.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub's strengths are in the way he explains the processes and makes you feel comfortable to ask questions. I never felt rushed through the process and my questions were always answered. One of the weaknesses I believe is the sheet that is filled out when he is explaining the process. He draws out the chart while explaining the process. This all makes sense in the visit however I think there should be a form with some info printed and then he could draw the process for the situation. I understand everyone's situation is different and a template can feel a little impersonal however after the visit the writing is hard to read and it is hard to review the sheet later.
If you are from Fayetteville or the surrounding area be prepared to travel. Many of the appointments will have to be at the main office in Sandy Springs. He is only at the Fayetteville office twice a month and they do not do ultrasound or blood work.
We attempted 2 rounds of IUI prior to IVF. IUI was a long shot due to a blocked tube. For the process I did clomid, vaginal estrogen and a trigger shot. Neither attempt worked. IVF- blood work and ultrasound on day 2 of cycle. Started taking 225 iu/ml gonal F. Ultrasound and blood work on day 6 of cycle. Continuing with gonal F and started Ganirelix. Completed the gonal F day 11. Completed ganarelix day 12 and took Lupron trigger shot night of day 12. Egg retrieval day 14. 16 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature, 8 were able to fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst. Waiting on PGS results to see how many are normal and to do FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing staff has always been available to answer questions and to help go through the process. They were very supportive and available while going through IUI and IVF. Even when an appointment did not have a nursing consultation if I had any questions they were always available to help and did not make any questions seem rushed, unimportant or a waste of their time. The nurses returned phone calls quickly and always responded to encrypted emails promptly.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The strength of the clinic is getting back to patients in a timely manner and not having a long waiting period to get the process started like many clinics do. The weakness of the clinic is the response from the on call after hours phone service. Although the phone service is contracted the people taking the messages should understand the need of the facility they are taking the message for, the answering service was occasionally insensitive and rude.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Approximately 1200 for each IUI IVF- process 14,100 includes all blood work and ultrasound and retrieval Medication for IVF- 2700 PGS-550 Unlimited FET until a viable pregnancy- 7000$
We have not had the consult for this yet.
Fayetteville
He [Dr. Straub] seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly... He was very direct and explained every option and the rates at which each option would work. He gave us 3 different options and told us which one would work best if we wanted to conceive. He advised us to see a counselor as well to make sure we were on the correct path.... If you want a doctor who is blunt ans direct and will not sugar coat anything he is the guy.
The clinic [RBA - Cumming] is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.... They were very caring and explained all testing and treatments and gave us a checklist that needed to be completed before moving on to IVF.... Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly and he is very direct.
We have not started IVF with donar eggs yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cunningham)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.
Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
2017, Unknown Success
When I see Dr. Straub I have his undivided attention. He has my chart and is not distracted...While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
RBA's nurses are great. While they move quickly, they are very nice and will answer any questions. I feel very comfortable with the nurses...Kim in Cumming is excellent. She's totally on top of it if there's an opportunity to see Dr. Straub more quickly. The team does everything they can to not code your chart as infertility so you can use as much insurance as you can, but just double check because Dr. Straub said this then coded an appointment as IVF instead of PCOS or endometriosis which meant it wasn't covered by my insurance. Best to always double check.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
After 18 months with my OB including PCOS, 5 negative cycles with Femara, and a laparoscopy to remove severe endometriosis, I finally saw Dr. Straub. He was no nonsense which I appreciated. He outlined why IUIs would not work for us and we're on the same page to move forward with IVF. I thought it was great that he recognized we should pursue frozen transfers. I've felt comfortable asking direct questions and getting a clear answer. While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
Know your health history. Ask direct questions. While the process can be very emotional, go in to appointments with the goal of answers and plans.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Dr. Straub was very clear to recommend a single embryo transfer for my age and first IVF cycle.
Cumming
[RBA was] Very timely and quick w results. I wish the procedures and side effects were explained more...He [Dr. Robert Straub] was very personable, explained all our options. And what he thought would bring us the most success. When we had a scare he made sure to see us the following week to sit us down, and explain that they misread the ultrasound and that everything looked good...We were treated like a human dr.straub was very personable, and we developed a good rapport with him. Trusted him to guide in the right directions
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very personable, explained all our options. And what he thought would bring us the most success. When we had a scare he made sure to see us the following week to sit us down, and explain that they misread the ultrasound and that everything looked good.
To stay open minded that with every treatment there are different tests that have to be done before you can start. Stay patient. And take care of yourself
We had male factor so after my husbands surgery didn't work we were told ivf was the best option since his sperm couldn't penetrate the egg
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
She was very personable and took time to explain everything at each visit and also when I would call with questions.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
They went smoothly and wuick
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Since everything with me checked out fine we were encouraged to only transfer one
What specific things went wrong at RBA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
The secretary scheduled us twice for the wrong office but were accommodated when we showed up
Sandy Springs
Very educated and felt very taken care of. [Dr. Robert Straub] and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all. First try and we were pregnant with our baby boy...Communication was great...We had to do frozen transfer...Trust all of his advice
[The staff at RBA were] Very organized and willing to help. I loved the communication I had between the nurses. They were very positive and willing to walk you through everything over and over. Thankful for their team. They really were thr best out there...[Dr. Robert Straub] and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Very educated and felt very taken care of. Straub and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all. First try and we were pregnant with our baby boy.
Trust all of his advice
Communication was great as I felt very taken care of.
This is hard to remember specially but here goes nothing! Before retrieval: Follistim Pen + Gonal baby aspirin Progesterone shot Antibiotic We had to do frozen transfer Progesterone
20k

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment...It was a high-risk pregnancy due to my age and my husband's chromosome displacement. I had hysteroscopy (due to previous miscarriages), endometrial scratching (to stimulate uterus for IVF transfer), took synthroid to control my thyroid, and we used injections (progesterone, estrogen, etc) to prepare my body for pregnancy and beyond.
RBA is highly organized and well-run IVF clinic. The staff is super friendly and they know you on a first name basis...Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000...Karen and Amy were extremely polite and effective in communicating and responding to any questions I had...Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is trustworthy and an expert in his field. He gave us confidence that we needed throughout the IVF treatment.
Excellent communication when it came to the treatment and process that I and my husband had to undergo. All the steps were explained in the detail and the response time on our questions was prompt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen and Amy)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub might be lacking a little in the bedside manner, but he is very straightforward and I can appreciate that. My husband, however, didn't like it very much. He could seem callous at times, but things get very emotional and you have to tone it down a little to get on with things. He is extremely intelligent and an excellent dr.
RBA is a bit bigger office, therefore they are busier. Everyone was very nice, but there were still longer waits and more systematic testing. You usually see whichever dr. is on call or a nurse...VF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very smart and knows what he is doing. He may come off a little sharp, but he means well.
Egg retrieval used follistem, due to a big response, we froze the eggs/embryos for a frozen transfer. First frozen embryo transfer went great, positive test. Low BHcg, however. Saw/heard heartbeat at 6 weeks, 2 weeks later, no more heartbeat. D & C was done at 8 weeks. Did blood test to see if there was a clotting disorder with me and came back heterozygous factor V Leiden gene. Second transfer went great, again and added anticoagulant injections (heparin). First BHcg was a higher positive, 2nd Bhcg went down. Chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen Feagin)
Easy to communicate with, respond quickly and are very willing to work with you.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Big and busy, but very nice. Nice facility and nice people.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
IVF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Straub explained things well and let us know of the risks involved with the treatments. He was always positive and told us that if this specific treatment didn’t work, we would adjust and take the next step. Lucky for us, Clomid worked on the 1st cycle after some initial testing!...Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
They [RBA - Atl Pied] were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over....[nursing staff] They kept us well informed and communicated via telephone and email, which was very helpful...he nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Do not hesitate. Schedule an appointment now to be referred!
The nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
Low dosage of Clomid with an injection- can’t recall the exact name of the injection
Describe your experience with RBA.
They were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over.
$60 copay per visit
Piedmont
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him [Dr. Robert Straub] about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner...He was very honest with us about everything including how this may not work the 1st time...Nursing staff [at RBA] was amazing and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner.
Be honest about health history
It was an insane amount of medications, and shots,lupron, baby aspirin, estrogen, progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
Nursing staff was amazing and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic was very clean and organized
It was somewhere around 4thousand
He thought I was young enough to just transfer one and he was right
2009 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with.
RBA is an amazing clinic. They are great at responding to questions and getting things moving once you're ready to start a cycle. I received the best care from all the staff there. I've since moved away from the Atlanta area but I will travel back there when we are ready to conceive again.... The nursing staff that works with Dr. Straub is amazing! They even took time to call me a few weeks after my ruptured ectopic pregnancy just to check on me and see if I was doing okay.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I have a long history with Dr. Straub and from the very beginning I have had an amazing experience with him. He takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Straub.
Bring your questions. He has no trouble answering them, no matter how crazy they might be. He actually asked me one time what other crazy wives tales are going around in the infertility community.
Dr Straub has amazing bedside manner. I always felt as if I were his number 1 priority when I was seeing him. He never treated me like I was just a number or just a paycheck, he really cared about me and about the outcome of our treatment.
I do not remember all the specifics in protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelly, then Amy)
Describe your experience with RBA.
As a young, otherwise healthy woman, Dr. Straub was conservative with the amount of embryos he wanted to transfer. He always suggested one but allowed my husband and I to make the final decision on whether or not we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. Both of my kids were conceived from a single embryo transfer.

2013, Successful
I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered...At the point where I started working with him, I had been through 4 IVFs elsewhere, so I was well-versed on what the deal was. I was able to have intelligent conversations with him and left feeling informed...
I had a great experience at RBA - I actually have nothing bad to say...Cheley was responsive, pleasant and on top of things, and always got back to me quickly via email or phone when needed. The other nurses I dealt with were exactly the same...If you live out of town, it is possible to do it all remotely if you have been through the IVF/embryo transfer process elsewhere...
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I live in NYC and used donor eggs at RBA. I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered.
I was pleased that Dr. Straub didn't mind when I requested not to have to go on birth control pills prior to the transfer protocol. He also suggested an alternative to progesterone injections (Crinone) that my other doctor wouldn't let me do. He was flexible after hearing what I liked and did not like about my other experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Cheley)
Describe your experience with RBA.
I had a great experience at RBA - I actually have nothing bad to say.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
everything was paid for upfront.
Since I used donor eggs, I felt that my success was different than if I was using my own 41-42 year old eggs and since I did not want twins, I was all for the single embryo transfer.