Available by cell phone
Bangor
700 Mt Hope Ave
Bangor, ME 04401
1-877-(326-3483)
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robert Weiss to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Centers of New England to a friend?
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
At the very beginning of the IVF cycle treatment, I was prescribed estrogen and blood tests showed due to my age, my body was slow to react to it. My dosage was doubled and I was told to come back in three days for monitoring. At that point, my estrogen levels were way too high and I was prescribed another drug to DECREASE it. They were still so high that a fresh embryo transfer wasn't even possible let alone getting valid embryos from the retrieval. We were not offered the option of PGS testing as I believe Dr. Weiss knew very well that none of them were going to work. And after being overmedicated, Dr. Weiss did not adjust his plan other than delaying the embryo transfer, he just proceeded with protocol. Without even asking or being told, Dr. Vitiello did my third transfer which ended in a miscarriage. The whole time Dr Weiss kept repeating "There is no reason why this shouldn't work" and "Everything looks perfect." I spoke with him and politely requested he be transparent with us and he became incredibly defensive. Have not heard from him since we miscarried. I never once was under the impression that Dr. Weiss really cared or hoped that we got pregnant. He was late to every appointment and communicated horribly with his "care team". Dr Weiss is just as horrible of a person as he is a physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
Find another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
Dr Weiss did not read my charts before speaking with me. He also scheduled a procedure for me only to tell me that I didn't need it when arrived to his office after taking time off of work. Never spent more than 5 minutes with me. Read from the same script every time we spoke.
Describe the protocols Robert Weiss used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
Dr Weiss over prescribed estrogen, then prescribed a medication to counter my estrogen levels being too high yet scheduled the egg retrieval as though my levels were normal. Resulted in 4 horribly immature invalid embryos and never offered us the option of PGS testing. I believe Dr Weiss made no extra effort to care for me as he knew that the whole cycle was a wash so he treated me like I was wasting his time. Dr Weiss repeatedly would set a timeline/ schedule (i.e. "We can do a transfer in four weeks) only for mentioned procedure to happen WEEKS after that. Horrible bed side manners. Incompetent. Insensitive. Rude. Condescending.
I had to ask the ultrasound technician to please stop leaning on me during my ultrasound. One nurse scheduled a procedure for that I didn't need yet failed to inform me of this prior to my taking time off of work and showing up for said procedure. Some were for short on the phone with me. Very few I feel actually cared. Michelle the ultrasound tech in Boston is WONDERFUL as is Carolyn the phlebotomist. The phlebotomists in Reading however, told me I had nothing to worry about when I started bleeding when I in fact had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Clean facilities with lots of locations. I understand their job is hard but taking out frustration with patients is incredibly uncalled for. Highly insensitive staff. Dr Weiss does not communicate with his "care team" at all which left me mostly confused after every visit.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of New England.
Sometimes, I was taken early so it didn't mess up my schedule too bad. Pretty convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England.
We are probably down between $5,000-$8,000 in copays and medications not covered and still have no baby. The post miscarriage therapy isn't cheap either. Honestly, there is no price tag not being able to trust your doctor.
Describe Robert Weiss's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
He insisted on 1 embryo for the first two transfers and then did two for the last which resulted in a miscarriage.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Boston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England.

4 IUI, 7 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Weiss comes across as empathetic, rather than a purely data/numbers driven doctor....Dr Weiss was willing to adjust the protocols for each of my many IVF attempts, and to try new protocols being developed in the industry when standard ones didn't work well on me. I never felt like he was judging me...For the two Donor Egg cycles, Dr Weiss prefers to do transfers with frozen embryos, before the transfer he has you do a round of antibiotics and take estrogen.
4 IUI, 7 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
Dr Weiss was willing to adjust the protocols for each of my many IVF attempts, and to try new protocols being developed in the industry when standard ones didn't work well on me. I never felt like he was judging me (unlike my original fertility doctor at another clinic), and although I don't really care about bedside manner (caring more about results), he has a good one and seems to care about the ups and downs you go through during this process.
He has the data driven facts available, but you need to ask for them as he doesn't necessarily lead with them.
I do not remember the details of the 4 IVF protocols Dr Weiss did with me, as they were in 2014-2015, other than that he was willing to try the micro-stimulation type (aka "Japanese" protocol or that done by New Hope Clinic in NYC) when the large doses of drugs were not working well. For the two Donor Egg cycles, Dr Weiss prefers to do transfers with frozen embryos, before the transfer he has you do a round of antibiotics and take estrogen. Post transfer, he has me take both estrogen and injectable progesterone in oil - the latter until about the 10th week of pregnancy.
Overall in person the nurses are good to deal with, though I have had two instances in dealing with them over the phone where I had issues. One was a misunderstanding of protocol - communicated over Thanksgiving - that ended up resulting in a postponed cycle. The other was that while pregnant, about 7 weeks, before the clinic released me to the OB, I came down with the flu and had difficulty in getting the nurses to coordinate my treatment with my PCP as my PCP requested.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
My primary treatment office was Boston, but that still meant that I had to go to their main office in Reading for all weekend blood draws/ultrasounds and have all procedures (extractions, transfers) in Reading.
Don't remember details, but did like that cost for ICSI was automatically included in package as they use it frequently, instead of having it be an extra line item as was at 1st clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
2012 - 2013
He [Dr. Weiss] would look at what did and didn't work out well in the last cycle and based on that, develop a treatment plan for the next cycle. Sometimes the next cycle worked out better, sometime not, but he was very logical about why he tweaked something, not "just because".
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
He's a compassionate and intelligent doctor and wonderful bedside manner. He truly cares about his patients. He's willing to consider new treatment and diagnostic options if he believes it's not potentially harmful and if there is some data to justify trying it. He personalizes the protocols and adjusts on a personal basis.
He is open to discussing diagnostics and treatment options with patients, taking their concerns and opinions into consideration.
He was incredibly compassionate, knew our case well, listened to and addressed our concerns, and was genuinely disappointed with us when treatment failed.
He would look at what did and didn't work out well in the last cycle and based on that, develop a treatment plan for the next cycle. Sometimes the next cycle worked out better, sometime not, but he was very logical about why he tweaked something, not "just because".
Nursing staff was wonderful and got to know patients who've been there longer well. They were fairly organized and prompt to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
It's a smaller clinic compared to others, especially those at major hospitals. A much more personal approach. They have state-of-the-art technology like Embryoscope. Excellent embryologist and embryology lab, possible one of the best in the area. Very comfortable setting and generally accommodating with appointment times.
They have many monitoring sites, making it much easier to get to one that isn't so far from home. The times are open ended, first-come-first-served. Some sites do have limited hours though, so being there on time is critical.
Reading

2010 - 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Weiss] was honest, hopeful and realistic of what we were dealing with. He spoke to me in terms I could understand and spent as much time as I needed. He was willing to push managed care to help me and willing to take calculated, well though out risks with my care.
2010 - 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
He was honest, hopeful and realistic of what we were dealing with. He spoke to me in terms I could understand and spent as much time as I needed. He was willing to push managed care to help me and willing to take calculated, well though out risks with my care.
Have good questions about your care, he is willing to answer them and it will give you power over your care.
I was able to speak to him directly at any point during my treatment. I knew his nurses and they knew me. He always responded quickly to me. He hugged me after each of my losses and of course when we achieved pregnancy. He always remained hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England.
she was kind, but her bedside manner was more rigid than his. She was not as willing to bend the rules for managed care but with some authoritative pushing in my part she learned to work better with me on this issue.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
It is not a factory. It is smaller, you see all of the doctors if you have enough transfers. It is the only clinic I went to but I found it to be no frills, nothing fancy, just good medicine.
It was covered by insurance. I only had copay for the visits where I saw him (not blood draws etc)