Available by cell phone
FellowshipEastern Virginia Jones
448 Viking Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
757-496-5370
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robin Poe-Zeigler to a friend?

9.8

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Robin [Poe-Zeigler] comes to appointments prepared. She will have a stack of notes specific to your situation with personalized treatment options written down in an outline format to be discussed in session. She will take her time discussing the advantages and disadvantages of the different possible routes, and she clearly reviews her notes prior to session as she can remember specific details about my life and current circumstances, such as my husband's deployment schedule.
New Hope is clean, organized, and aesthetically pleasing. ... The nursing staff could be difficult to communicate with because they were so busy. ... They were willing to FaceTime me to help as I mixed medications or learned how to do injections and were helpful and engaged once we were communicating, but it could be challenging to reach them.... I appreciated that they had banners and decorations for pride month! It is never too busy and someone is always at the front desk to greet you when you walk in. ...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Robin comes to appointments prepared. She will have a stack of notes specific to your situation with personalized treatment options written down in an outline format to be discussed in session. She will take her time discussing the advantages and disadvantages of the different possible routes, and she clearly reviews her notes prior to session as she can remember specific details about my life and current circumstances, such as my husband's deployment schedule. She is empathetic- she will both celebrate and mourn with you within a professional capacity. I particularly appreciate her willingness to explain the science behind each treatment option as it helped me to feel more in control of the uncontrollable circumstances of infertility. Dr. Robin is both thorough and personable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to wait for your appointment! She is typically running 15+ minutes late, but remember that she will never rush you in an appointment, which I believe is because understands the gravity and anxiety behind decision making regarding fertility treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Robin balances empathy and straightforward education in a way that feels accessible and caring. She checks for understanding when providing information and takes her time during appointments. This often means that your appointment will start a little late, but it feels well worth it when you have her undivided attention during your time with her to ask as many questions as you need. She never rushes the appointments and will draw examples and write notes for visual aids while explaining treatment options (she can write upside down perfectly- this is not pertinent to feeling like a human, but it is a talent that should be mentioned, haha).
Describe the protocols Robin Poe-Zeigler used in your cycles at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with DOR, which meant moving to IVF without attempting IUI to increase my chances of pregnancy. I did one more medicated cycle with Clomid prior to beginning the IVF treatment cycle. I began stimulation medication and about two weeks later, underwent an egg retrieval + hysteroscopy to remove polyps. Twelve eggs were retrieved and two were frozen at day 5, one at day 6. A month later, I did a FET. The preparation for the FET included Lupron, progesterone, Estrace, and metformin. This did not result in a pregnancy.
The nursing staff could be difficult to communicate with because they were so busy. At one point, they realized I had never been told to begin a medication (baby aspirin) that I should've started over a week ago. They were willing to FaceTime me to help as I mixed medications or learned how to do injections and were helpful and engaged once we were communicating, but it could be challenging to reach them.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
New Hope is clean, organized, and aesthetically pleasing. I appreciated that they had banners and decorations for pride month! It is never too busy and someone is always at the front desk to greet you when you walk in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I spent over $17k for the hysteroscopy, egg retrieval, FET, and all of the associated monitoring ultrasounds and blood draws. My insurance did not cover any of this, but there was a discount for people who have Tricare and the billing department worked with my husband and I to create a monthly payment plan. Medications were all paid for separately and were nearly $10k.
Describe Robin Poe-Zeigler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
n/a- this was not discussed, as I only wanted to transfer one embryo at a time.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
As stated before, I was not told to begin baby aspirin for over a week after it became part of my protocol.
Virginia Beach

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.

2020
PCOS, Other
We've had a wonderful experience with Dr. Robin. She has been by far, my favorite doctor. She's caring, very knowledgeable, and has great bedside manner. She's open to all questions you may have. She delivers all information clearly and makes it easiest for you to understand. ... Dr. Robin really cares for her patients. She displayed empathy. She used words like "if you were my daughter", which really helped me feel like she cared. She never rushed me during my consults and allowed me to ask all the questions/clarification I needed.
2020
PCOS, Other
Their office as a whole is busy. If you don't get your email/call answered back in a timely manner, contact them again.
Unfortunately, we did not make it to any treatment strategies. I was given medication for PCOS, which I was diagnosed under the care of Dr. Robin. Upon diagnosing procedures (ultrasound and HSG), we found that IVF was our safest/only option.
My encounters with the nursing staff was very brief. They mainly just roomed me and took vitals that day. I've had different nurses draw bloodwork but my favorite was August. August was actually outgoing compared to a few others I've had and she was personable. If the nursing staff is who answers my emails, they're great! They answer them fairly quickly if it was a question about any procedure/medication I had. They also were very detailed in the responses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic's strengths is that all the staff are so caring and friendly. If you're in the office and have questions, they are really attentive and try to get the answer for you right away. They have great communication when relaying back information to you. They bring you back fairly quickly to your appointment time so you don't have to wait long in the lobby. When they schedule any appointments (procedure or consults) they have openings within the same week or the week after so that is a plus because you don't have to wait so long until your next appointment. The clinic does not have many weaknesses. The two that come to mind is the wait for the lab and waiting for your results. Every time I've had to get my bloodwork done, no one was in the lab and I've had to wait between 15-20 mins and usually, it's another nurse walking by who's seen me waiting for some time who'll draw my blood. With my first set of labs, I waited almost 3 weeks. I ended up having a US scheduled so when I came in, I asked for my lab results. When I had gotten my lab work drawn, I was told I would hear back within the next week.
Luckily, my diagnostic treatment/procedures were covered with insurance. Had it not been, they would be fairly expensive (including bloodwork). Our only option now is IVF, which would be expensive and we have not yet planned for our start.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The two things that went wrong were I didn't get my results back until 2-3 weeks but I had to ask for them at my next appointment. I was told I was going to get a call within a week with results. The other incident was the NP forgot to call my Rx in to the pharmacy. I get to my pharmacy and they said they never received the prescription. I had to call the office but it was the after hours line. After waiting for 1 hour at the pharmacy, I had to leave and come back later that evening, only to find out my prescription was sent to a different location. The pharmacist had to call the other pharmacy and I had to wait another hour just for them to fax it over and fill it at the correct location.

1 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Robin spends as much time as needed talking to you about all the different procedures that can be done to have children. She puts out as much time as you need from her and makes you feel very important. She answers all of your questions and is very supportive. ... She takes the time to talk about everything in detail and makes it easy to understand the entire process.
Everyone at New Hope treated me as if I was the most important patient in the office. They were very supportive on site and by phone. I felt at ease and comfortable going to New Hope. ... They address you by name and get to know you on a personal level. ... All my treatments were laid out in a schedule to make it easy to follow and understand. We were given the reason for each treatment and what they(it) was being use for.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Robin is an excellent doctor. She takes the time to talk about everything in detail and makes it easy to understand the entire process. She is very supportive and is always available if needed. She takes the time to personally get to know her patients. She was very gentle with every procedure.
The only advice I would give is, go to DR. Robin. Don't waste your time with anyone else. You will receive the best care and support for your fertility journey.
the nursing staff was great!! They were super supportive and compassionate. You could tell that everyone was there because they believed in what they did and that they were there to help create families.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a very comfortable atmosphere. Everyone that works there is very friendly and compassionate. They address you by name and get to know you on a personal level. When you go for your first initial visit, it can be very overwhelming and nerve racking. Dr. Robin spends as much time as needed talking to you about all the different procedures that can be done to have children. She puts out as much time as you need from her and makes you feel very important. She answers all of your questions and is very supportive. All of the clinical staff are great. They make the process of going through routine check ups very comfortable. I never felt that I was just another patient. I always felt that I was just as important as everyone else that was there. The other things I liked are they always have opportunity for support from staff and other patients. There was never a time that I felt rushed in anything. I honestly cant provide and weaknesses because I thought my experience with New Hope was great, even if my outcome wasn't what I intended. I have not given up and will be back to see them soon!
Total out of pocket spent was $20,000.
I don't have any comments. We felt that we trusted her opinion and she trusted ours and we made choices based on her recommendation

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Ziegler meets with patients in a cozy office with lots of life in it. She is full of life and spunk. She speaks to you like you’re family and then she even writes down your treatment plan and explanations on a piece of paper for you to take home. It has been a great experience. Once you are on the right path you may not see her every single appointment, but the other staff is just as wonderful.... Dr. Ziegler did lots of labs that my regular OBGYN would not do/ didn’t tell me about.
The clinic [New Hope Ctr for Repro Med] is wonderful. It’s beautiful and clean. They decorate for holidays, which make it feel more like home. One thing that is sometimes difficult is getting through on the phone if they are busy.... The nursing staff was amazing. They were always welcoming and they were available to answer questions by phone as well as online portal or email. They found answers to your questions if they did not know them right away.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Ziegler meets with patients in a cozy office with lots of life in it. She is full of life and spunk. She speaks to you like you’re family and then she even writes down your treatment plan and explanations on a piece of paper for you to take home. It has been a great experience. Once you are on the right path you may not see her every single appointment, but the other staff is just as wonderful. I would recommend her to my friends and I plan to go back.
I would suggest that you come with your questions written down, because in the heat of the prospective hope and the fact that Dr. Ziegler speaks quickly sometimes the paper with your thoughts on it can help you to not forget anything.
The office is very busy, but for good reason. Meeting with Dr. Z is like meeting with a life long friend. She (as well as all of the staff-especially the front desk) makes you feel like they are all excited you’re there and that you’re a friend instead of a patient number.
Dr. Ziegler did lots of labs that my regular OBGYN would not do/ didn’t tell me about. She worked from the ground up. Investigated possible reasons for multiple miscarriages and came up with a plan. She removed fibroids and respected my wishes when I did not want to be placed under anesthesia for it. We used timed intercourse and injectable mediciations to sustain the pregnancy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is wonderful. It’s beautiful and clean. They decorate for holidays, which make it feel more like home. One thing that is sometimes difficult is getting through on the phone if they are busy.
Although the costs do add up, it was worth it. My insurance covered some things like certain lab work or ultrasounds.

2016 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Robin [Poe-Zeigler] is busy. If you have questions, be persistent in calling or emailing because they sometimes forget to answer back...Our second cycle that we are currently in the middle of is the same as above with Lovenox added (due to a clotting disorder found during extensive tests after our fail), and Intralipid infusions (due to elevated levels of Natural Killer cells found during the extensive testing)...seemed to lean more toward a single embryo, especially having been PGS tested normal, but was very open to the transfer of two when our first failed given the age of my wife and financial concerns.
Erica [nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] was great. She was our main nurse for the transfer cycle. She is knowledgeable, friendly, compassionate and a good communicator. We love seeing and talking to her whenever we have an appointment. Jamia was our main nurse for the egg retrieval. Also super knowledgeable and friendly and went above and beyond to help...Egg Retrieval + PGS Testing was about $12k. Each transfer is about $3.5k-$4k. Paid an additional $3k (after insurance) on medications. PGS testing for the lab was $1600. Labs were through LabCorp which was varied costs depending on the labs needed.
2016 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Robin is a very busy doctor, so you don't get to see her frequently. That is the only drawback. We live four hours away from our clinic and Dr. Robin is why we choose to drive four hours each way for our IVF treatment. She is kind and personable and her love of what she does radiates from her being. She explained everything to us fully and has exceeded my expectations for a doctor. We did not get pregnant on our first try due to an underlying immunology issue with my wife, but are hopeful our next cycle will work with the adjusted protocol. Dr. Robin listened to all of our concerns and worries and gave us her best advice and tweaked our protocol after running extensive tests after our first failure.
Dr. Robin is busy. If you have questions, be persistent in calling or emailing because they sometimes forget to answer back.
They are a very busy clinic and sometimes it isn't the easiest to get in touch with them, but everyone is exceptionally kind to us. They've all gotten to know us and take the time to answer our questions. Dr. Robin is so passionate and caring and you can tell that she loves what she does and helping people. We had our initial consult in 2016 and waited 2 years before continuing and she remembered everything about us. When she first laid eyes on us, she shrieked and ran and gave me and my wife a hug and asked us about life before we went into the treatment plan.
Retrieval consisted of Menopur, Follistim & Ganirellix. Our first cycle for transfer consisted of Birth Control, Lupron, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Progesterone in Oil. Our second cycle that we are currently in the middle of is the same as above with Lovenox added (due to a clotting disorder found during extensive tests after our fail), and Intralipid infusions (due to elevated levels of Natural Killer cells found during the extensive testing).
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
Erica was great. She was our main nurse for the transfer cycle. She is knowledgeable, friendly, compassionate and a good communicator. We love seeing and talking to her whenever we have an appointment. Jamia was our main nurse for the egg retrieval. Also super knowledgeable and friendly and went above and beyond to help.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall, this clinic offers a lot. There is a lot of experience within the clinic and Dr. Robin is the best doctor I've ever seen. The biggest and only drawback to the clinic that we've experienced is that it is sometimes difficult to get in touch with someone or they may forget to call you back. You have to be persistent with them.
Dr. Robin seemed to lean more toward a single embryo, especially having been PGS tested normal, but was very open to the transfer of two when our first failed given the age of my wife and financial concerns.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
We had one instance where we showed up for an ultrasound before the egg retrieval and we weren't on the schedule, despite being given a time to be there. Luckily there were no issues. And we had one instance during the egg retrieval where the Ganirellix was missed during the medicine order. The nurse went above and beyond in finding it locally for us to get so that it did not affect our cycle.
Virginia Beach

Dr. Robin genuinely cares about each and every one of her patients. You’re never just a number. She cares about you and your unique situation...offered “new hope” to my husband and I after going down a very difficult and dead end road. She created a new game plan for us and ensured us it was obtainable. She is always positive and cheerful. She takes her time to sit with you and explain your care plan and answer any and all questions.
The costs associated with care [at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] was slightly higher than I’d expected. An ultrasound costs $554! A Femara cycle costs $1995. IUI costs $375...Good location, updated appearance. Office, outpatient surgery, financial assistance counselors and LabCorp on site. Dr. Robin’s cafe is located inside the main building next to her clinic. Dr. Robin also has an answering service for when you need to contact her after hours.
Dr. Robin offered “new hope” to my husband and I after going down a very difficult and dead end road. She created a new game plan for us and ensured us it was obtainable. She is always positive and cheerful. She takes her time to sit with you and explain your care plan and answer any and all questions.
Have a good support system in place... friends, families, other patients. Consider joining some support groups on Facebook and Dr. Robin’s group... Robin’s Eggs.
I have undergone 3 IUI’s with Dr. Robin. The first two were natural cycles. We attempted a third natural but I did not ovulate. Then we moved on to Femara cycle. We added progesterone injections along with vag. suppositories after Femara IUI due to my low blood levels. However it was not successful as my TWW labs were still too low. We will be adjusting protocol next cycle.
The nurses are mostly compassionate and helpful. However it can be difficult on the telephone to get needed information.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The costs associated with care was slightly higher than I’d expected. An ultrasound costs $554! A Femara cycle costs $1995. IUI costs $375.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I was expecting same day lab results on the weekend. Wasn’t able to get in contact with staff, only answering service. Had to call clinic the next day during business hours to obtain results I’d been promised same day.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Other
Dr Robin is amazing. She is thoughtful, kind, patient, and compassionate. She is truly on the “journey” with each of her patients. She takes the time to explain everything in a detailed and thoughtful manner... She knows ALL of her patients by name and face. I’ve watched her go through the waiting room and stop to say hello to three different patients and she’s known them all. She truly cares about all of her patients. It feels like you’re being cared for by family.
The nursing staff [at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful. They are attentive, thoughtful and willing to go above and beyond in providing any assistance a patient might require...There have been some communication challenges. But I brought them up to the office manager who listened to my concerns and recognized there challenges. She shared with me the steps they are taking to address the issues and provided me with multiple points of contact should I have any trouble again in the future. I felt like she really listened to my concerns and felt comfortable they were addressed.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Other
Dr Robin is the kindest doctor I have ever encountered. She knows ALL of her patients by name and face. I’ve watched her go through the waiting room and stop to say hello to three different patients and she’s known them all. She truly cares about all of her patients. It feels like you’re being cared for by family.
The nursing staff is wonderful. They are attentive, thoughtful and willing to go above and beyond in providing any assistance a patient might require. They, like Dr Robin, are patient and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This is the most amazing clinic. I have been to two other clinics when we lived in other states and have never been treated with such compassion and care. New Hope is like a big family. I’ve never felt so at ease and as if we are in more capable hands as we are at New Hope n
We have done two ERA tests which were approximately $1500 for the first and $1000 for the second. We have had two husteroscopy’s that were $3000 each - which we will be reimbursed for by insurance, a cyst aspiration - which was $1000 - and again we will be reimbursed by insurance. Our frozen embryo transfer will be appx $4100

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
She [Dr. Robin Poe-Zeigler] is incredible, caring and great at her job. We fully trust her to do all of the medical side of things. Is sometimes too busy to fully be present which is hard. Protocols are sometimes less personalized because she is so rushed and taking on a little too much...I reacted poorly to femara so we canceled the IUI. we moved on to invocell, she felt as though I was a great candidate. We only had 1 embryo which didn’t implant. We moved on to a full IVF cycle, and kept some embryos as 3 days to see if I didn’t have embryos able to make it to day 5. We transferred 2 day 3 and had more make it to day 5. Our transfer was negative.
Performed the wrong biopsy when doing ERA. front desk [at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] scheduled wrong procedure, and NP did not catch the mistake. Prescribed medicine with gluten in it, which caused me to be sick and may be partly to blame for chemical pregnancy...They are great medical coordinators. They have some trouble with scheduling and their billing department is awful. But overall, it’s still worth it especially if it’s in a convenient location for you.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
She is incredible, caring and great at her job. We fully trust her to do all of the medical side of things. Is sometimes too busy to fully be present which is hard. Protocols are sometimes less personalized because she is so rushed and taking on a little too much.
Ask questions, make sure you know that what they’re doing is right for you
The first cycles were extremely personalized and we had consultations after every one. The last one was not personalized as well and we have not had a consultation, which is why it’s 4 stars instead of 5.
For an IUI, we tried femara since cookie has not had great success with PCOS. I reacted poorly to femara so we canceled the IUI. we moved on to invocell, she felt as though I was a great candidate. We only had 1 embryo which didn’t implant. We moved on to a full IVF cycle, and kept some embryos as 3 days to see if I didn’t have embryos able to make it to day 5. We transferred 2 day 3 and had more make it to day 5. Our transfer was negative. We did PGS and ERA to see if there were any problems. We also checked on any genetic conditions. We transferred a normal embryo when everything came back okay and had a chemical pregnancy. We used menopur for invocell. We used follistim and menopur for IVF. we used lupron and progesterone as well as estrace, baby aspirin, and prednisone for FETs.
They are incredible. There is some turnover, and they are sometimes very busy. But they are all good at their jobs.
Roughly $50,000.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Performed the wrong biopsy when doing ERA. front desk scheduled wrong procedure, and NP did not catch the mistake. Prescribed medicine with gluten in it, which caused me to be sick and may be partly to blame for chemical pregnancy.
Virginia Beach

Dr. Robin has a very calming personality. She made sure to explain things in a clear and concise manner and always gave us a chance to ask questions and expand on what we were told. She genuinely cared about us and our situation. She is very knowledgeable and empathetic.... She was concerned that my hormone levels were dropping too quickly and were unbalanced overall. She recommended taking estrogen and progesterone during my cycle to help regulate those levels. She was also concerned that I may have endometriosis. She recommend that I have tests done to see if this was the case.
We did have a long wait time. We waited to talk to Dr. Robin for over an hour. But the clinic [New Hope Center for Repro Med] was clean, organized, and comfortable. We were very pleased with the staff. They were helpful throughout the entire visit and made sure that we completely understood our options.... We did not have health insurance at the time and they came up with a plan for us that would work with our budget....They kept us at ease and let us know what was happening
Ask questions!
We were both very nervous. Discussing your sex life and reproductive health is intimidating. She put us at ease and really wanted to get to know us. She worked hard with us and did her best to understand our situation and what we could afford to do at the time.
She was concerned that my hormone levels were dropping too quickly and were unbalanced overall. She recommended taking estrogen and progesterone during my cycle to help regulate those levels. She was also concerned that I may have endometriosis. She recommend that I have tests done to see if this was the case. We haven’t tried using the medications yet or done the tests because we moved unexpectedly and didn’t want stress to become a factor in our infertility.
They were wonderful. They kept us at ease and let us know what was happening in every stage of the appointment.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We did have a long wait time. We waited to talk to Dr. Robin for over an hour. But the clinic was clean, organized, and comfortable. We were very pleased with the staff. They were helpful throughout the entire visit and made sure that we completely understood our options.
The costs were very reasonable. We did not have health insurance at the time and they came up with a plan for us that would work with our budget.

Unexplained, Other
She is very warm and caring. My concerns are her concerns. I feel heard. She's very approachable and answers all my questions; no matter how silly they may be. Her quirky behavior and upbeat attitude leaves me with hope, but also informed with realistic expectations.... My age (37) is a concern. Dr. Robin suggested we immediately start invocell treatments, including taking medications (co-q 10, metformin, estradiol, aspirin, and prenatals; I will begin lupro injections in a couple days with more to follow). I'm awaiting results.
Everyone [New Hope Ctr for Repro Med] is very friendly and knowledgeable. If they don't know an answer, they will find it for you and be sure to contact you. One time, I sent a question to the staff and received three replies. I also was able to speak with them late one weekend when I had questions about my medications.... The office is more like a spa than a clinic. The decorations and furniture are comforting and clean; it gives a calming feeling during a stressful time. I can't think of any weaknesses (other than it being expensive, but that's everywhere).
Unexplained, Other
Don't be afraid to ask questions; she will answer them.
She immediately greets me with a hug. I always feel welcome. My initial appointment was three hours long, and I never felt rushed. She took her time explaining everything to make sure I really understood the process and set expectations.
Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable. If they don't know an answer, they will find it for you and be sure to contact you. One time, I sent a question to the staff and received three replies. I also was able to speak with them late one weekend when I had questions about my medications.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Invocell procedure fees: $5,270. Invocell device fees: $1,625. Additional services (ICSI: $2,500; AZH: $600; Fresh TESE sperm prep: $750; cryopreservation: $2, 000; Invocell PGS: $3,000). Medication: $4,000.
She explained that they prefer to do one embryo transfer, but they will do two upon request. However, I would rather not risk twins.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
There was a medication as part of my protocol, but I wasn't written a prescription for it. After I called and asked, they contacted the pharmacy to order it for me.
Virginia Beach

Dr. Robin is the most compassionate, dedicated, and loving medical provider I have ever encountered. I was always greeted with enthusiasm, smiles, and hugs each visit. Dr. Robin goes above and beyond to provide the best possible care to her patients. She made me feel like a valued family member and provided care in a gentle, compassionate, and safe manner.
Communication, organization, and kindness are strengths of the clinic [New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine]. The full details of billing and relaying costs of treatment could be improved. As a new patient, I would get all treatment and costs explained ahead of time. I would ask for a detailed explanation of treatment and costs associated with protocol once pregnant.
Be prepared to experience staff that treats you like family and not like a patient or a number.
Dr. Robin is the most thorough, kind, loving, and dedicated medical provider I have ever encountered. She never rushed a visit and makes patients feel like a family member. I was always greeted with enthusiasm, smiles, and hugs. Dr. Robin genuinely cares for her patients with all her heart and soul. She goes above and beyond to reach out to make patients feel loved, comfortable, and safe. Dr. Robin presents unintended or poor results, options and treatments is a nurturing and compassionate way. I have never met a medical provider that is as loving and dedicated to their patients as Dr. Robin. I would recommend this office to everyone needing infertility treatment.
I was given a calendar that provided exact doses of medication each day. My ultrasounds were planned in advance and if needed medication was modified based on ultrasounds I was given a new easy to follow medication guide/ instructions each visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy Wooten)
Nursing staff was equally as compassionate and caring as Dr. Robin. They were thorough with training and treated me with kindness and respect. They always listened with concern and answered all questions.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Communication, organization, and kindness are strengths of the clinic. The full details of billing and relaying costs of treatment could be improved. As a new patient, I would get all treatment and costs explained ahead of time. I would ask for a detailed explanation of treatment and costs associated with protocol once pregnant.
It cost approximately $22,000 for 1 IVF cycle and post transfer care until 10 weeks pregnant. I paid a set Tricare price for each service done in each visit. All lab work was free through Tricare.
Virginia Beach

Dr. Robin [Poe- Zeigler] is so incredibly warm, sweet, empathetic and kind. She makes you feel like her only patient when you are with her - but unfortunately her support staff make you feel like a number. I feel sad for Dr. Robin that not all of her staff can rise to her level of care, because it is why I left her practice.... Strengths - Dr. Robin is so great. She spent hours with my husband and I to talk about our treatment options and review test results. She truly, deeply cares about her patients.
I loved my care by Dr. Robin, but sadly I could not support going to New Hope because of the treatment I received by many other of her staff.... I loved the care provided by the nurse who did the ultrasounds, but the nurse who was supposed to educate me about my injections was so condescending and seemed frustrated by my questions.... Mostly I was frustrated by the lack of attention the support staff paid to answering my questions in a timely manner. When time is of the essence and you have a strict protocol to follow leading up to a retrieval or transfer, it makes you sweat if you don't get an answer to your question the same day.
Strengths - Dr. Robin is so great. She spent hours with my husband and I to talk about our treatment options and review test results. She truly, deeply cares about her patients. Weaknesses - Dr. Robin's staff is not like her. They do not seem to care about returning calls and emails promptly. And they make you feel like you are bothering them - even though you are spending tens of thousands out of pocket for your care and going through a highly emotionally taxing time.
Dr. Robin is so incredibly warm, sweet, empathetic and kind. She makes you feel like her only patient when you are with her - but unfortunately her support staff make you feel like a number. I feel sad for Dr. Robin that not all of her staff can rise to her level of care, because it is why I left her practice.
I loved the care provided by the nurse who did the ultrasounds, but the nurse who was supposed to educate me about my injections was so condescending and seemed frustrated by my questions. Even though I had never injected myself with anything before and was justifiably nervous! I felt frustrated, sad and scared going in to my first weekend of injectables. Even my husband was angry at the lack of care that nurse seemed to have for me.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
There are a few gems at New Hope - Dr. Robin of course, and a few others I can count on one hand. But the front desk staff, financial staff, and some nurses were so terrible to work with. No urgency to respond to incredibly time-sensitive questions (when it came to prescriptions and injections). The front desk staff would let the phone ring and ring and ring and not even bother calling back the same day if you left a voicemail. The whole process outside of seeing Dr. Robin was so frustrating and after going through the process at a different clinic, I can see how badly I was treated.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I was at these appointments for 2-3 hours - which was such a hassle while also trying to keep my job! You are shuffled from bloodwork to ultrasound to nurse and it moves so incredibly slow. I was really, really lucky to have a forgiving boss during this time but this was also why I decided to switch clinics - my boss' patience was running thin. They do all their cycles in a cohort since Dr. Robin is the only doctor at the practice - and that means its basically a cattle call because you are doing all your appointments with however many were in your cohort.
The treatment at New Hope was significantly more expensive than at the other clinic I went to. I was also prescribed a heavier dose of medication at New Hope (thus more expensive), than I was at the other clinic who took a more conservative approach to my prescriptions and injectables.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Mostly I was frustrated by the lack of attention the support staff paid to answering my questions in a timely manner. When time is of the essence and you have a strict protocol to follow leading up to a retrieval or transfer, it makes you sweat if you don't get an answer to your question the same day. I also did not feel like the financial team cared to do anything to help you save money - they just threw a bunch of brochures and links at you and sent you on your way. Their financial team also did not bother to submit paperwork to my insurance - they said that was my responsibility because they knew that my insurance did not cover fertility treatments. When I switched fertility clinics, their financial people did submit my paperwork to my insurance on my behalf and many of tests and prescriptions were covered!

2007 - 2017
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Robin has a mothering/ nurturing care when treating you. When I miscarried, she wanted to do a panel testing to find out why.... Sometimes you will wait to been seen. But when it is your turn, it's never rushed. Dr. Robin makes sure you understand the next step in your journey. Dr. Robin has a friendly personality. She works hard for her patients. When we lost our set of twins, I can still remember her sadness for me
My husband appreciated that New Hope was discreet in his testing (i.e. room placement). The building is laid out with the patient's privacy in mind. I am directionally challenged, which means I get lost often. But those at New Hope have always stopped and gave me directions when I asked.... The costs are equal to the other fertility clinics around us. Our insurance now does not accept fertility doctors, so we have to pay out of pocket.
2007 - 2017
European, South Asian
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Sometimes you will wait to been seen. But when it is your turn, it's never rushed. Dr. Robin makes sure you understand the next step in your journey. Dr. Robin has a friendly personality. She works hard for her patients. When we lost our set of twins, I can still remember her sadness for me....that really made a good impact on me.
Expect Dr. Robin to work hard for you, and follow the directions given.
Dr Robin has a mothering/ nurturing care when treating you. When I miscarried, she wanted to do a panel testing to find out why. She checked on me, and a few of the nurses also called, to check on me.
We had shots. Some need to be done at a specific time each day. I followed them religiously. It was 10 years ago, I don't remember names...but I remember the pain, haha.
All of the nurses and staff were kind to me. Two different times the medicine made me vomit....they were kind and understanding of my plight. There were times, my emotions would spill out of my eyes, and again, they were sympathetic to me.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The costs are equal to the other fertility clinics around us. Our insurance now does not accept fertility doctors, so we have to pay out of pocket. Dr. Robin has a few options for loans for fertility from local banks.
Yes, 2 at a time for us. We do have a vial of 3, she said that would be the max to put in.
Virginia Beach

She was the best doctor I have been to. She knew her ins and outs and never hesitated to let me know the truth but also what course of action we need to take. I would feel like certain days I was lost and she would redirect me. I’m very happy with her work. She gave me my daughter.
Dr Robin and her staff she works directly with are amazing. There was one issue I had the entire time and that came from a woman named Tammy. She was the main reason I wouldn’t give this a 10. Not only is she not personable but she is rude without even knowing it. Condescending. She never quoted us a correct price, which was annoying but I hated the way she talked down to us. Like she knew everything and we knew nothing. Then I found out that she was dr robins sister. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was about that. For as much as I would give dr Robin a 10, Tammy is a 1. They need to get rid of her because she is bringing the place down. I know a few women who have been to ththe clinic and we have all said the same thing. Get rid of Tammy and it would brighten up the place
Make sure you have all your information correct. Don’t lie to her because it will just slow your progress. She will fight for you the entire way. I highly recommend her
Dr. Robin made me feel like I wasn’t alone. She was with me the entire way. Every time I felt like I couldn’t gonon she reassured me in the best way possible. She was more like family than a doctor.
I had undiagnosed fertility. I tried for years by myself to get pregnant. I went to jones institute and was treated horribly by dr Perez. I went to New Hope because it was my only choice without going far away. Dr Robin worked so hard for me. She gave me my daughter. I can never say enough kind words
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Erica )
Everyone was always rooting for me. They were kind and friendly. Every day I was always so nervous and they were behind me holding my hand. Literally sometimes. They helped me over come my fears and also helped me.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments were great. Sckeete was professional and smart, she really knew her ins and outs. I recommend her.
The cost was measurable with everyone else until Tammy got involved. She would always mess something up. I would take about it with dr Robin and she would tell me to see Tammy and then Tammy would mess it up again and again. I don’t know why anyone would let her be in charge if anything’. She’s incompetent. And she’s really lazy. One time I was listening to another woman’s conversation and she had the same problem. The clinic is a 10. Tammy drags it down.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I had no problems with dr Robin or her team. My problems stem from Tammy. Afternciting that she had lost my quote price 3 times she then quoted me the highest number yet. I went home and found the sheet she gave me and went back and showed her. She threw it in the garbage and said that it wasn’t correct and she made me a copy of the higher priced one. Each time I needed to fill out something she would take her time getting to the office. Everyone was always looking for her and she was never found. She’s incompetent and on a high horse of her own. I think the nepotism needs to stop and for that office to open their eyes!
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Robin was kind and empathetic. She told me what she would tell me to do if I was her daughter. She let me cry and she listened to me. After years of infertility, she gave me hope.... Dr. Robin is the reason that I have my daughter. I am forever grateful to her. Dr. Robin and science helped me create my family. She was honest and helpful every step of the way. Infertility is so isolated but she made me feel like I wasn’t alone
They [New Hope Center for Repro Med] did not help navigate insurance every well. My insurance company sent several letters approving my procedures and they continued to say that my insurance company probably wouldn’t cover the costs and even a week before my procedures, they were trying to get me to pay out of pocket. I had to act as the middle man between the clinic and my insurance company to resolve it. It ended up being covered, as my insurance company stated.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Listen to her. She is good at what she does. She told me that IVF is what I needed to do with my diagnosis and I have a beautiful daughter thanks to New Hope
We had a consultation and then they tested my husband and I for various things. He provided a sperm sample and was found to be fertile. I found out I had endometriosis and PCOS. Dr robin gave me the diagnosis and education. She advised that we do iVf and we proceeded from there
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They did not help navigate insurance every well. My insurance company sent several letters approving my procedures and they continued to say that my insurance company probably wouldn’t cover the costs and even a week before my procedures, they were trying to get me to pay out of pocket. I had to act as the middle man between the clinic and my insurance company to resolve it. It ended up being covered, as my insurance company stated.
The financial aspect of IVF was beyond stressful and left me in tears many times. I was advised to take out loans and credit cards and when my insurance agreed to pay and sent a letter, the clinic didn’t believe me and told me I needed to pay thousands of dollars up front. I am a social worker so I was able to advocate for myself and ended up paying a few thousand in copays and medications out of pocket but as my insurance stated, the rest was covered.
We chose to have one embryo transferred because we were worried about being able to afford multiples and it was our first round of IVF.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I was not informed that once I was pregnant, going off a medication could cause bleeding. I started bleeding at 11 weeks and called the clinic and they told me I had been discharged and to go to the emergency room.
Virginia Beach

If your case isn't super tricky, her nurse practitioner will probably be with you more than Dr. Robin [Poe-Zeigler] herself. She has a lot of patients...the most personable doctor I've ever been to. She treats you as if you are the only patient she has. She treats you like family and constantly reassures you they she will get you the baby you want!...was very candid and straight forward, yet comforting from day one. The first visit we had a plan in place and she was ready to get started! She loves her job and you can tell. Although my husband and I weren't in the situation we wanted to be in, Dr. Robin made us feel like we knew we were in the best place to be for our situation.
Most of our ultrasounds/appointments were with the nurse practitioner Kat [at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine]. She was AMAZING. Just as personable and inviting as Dr. Robin...All in all- bloodwork, ultrasounds, both medications, sperm collection and washing, and 2 iuis... it was over $3,000...The clinic is very clean and inviting! They are open on weekends so they can be there whenever you need them for your treatment cycle. There can be a little wait for your appointment at times, but they treat a lot of patients.
Dr. Robin was very candid and straight forward, yet comforting from day one. The first visit we had a plan in place and she was ready to get started! She loves her job and you can tell. Although my husband and I weren't in the situation we wanted to be in, Dr. Robin made us feel like we knew we were in the best place to be for our situation.
If your case isn't super tricky, her nurse practitioner will probably be with you more than Dr. Robin herself. She has a lot of patients.
Dr. Robin is the most personable doctor I've ever been to. She treats you as if you are the only patient she has. She treats you like family and constantly reassures you they she will get you the baby you want!
We started with femara first but my body wasnt responding. So we went to follistim injectables. I was also taking metformin. The follistim worked, we did a trigger shot the day before the iui and did 2 iui's back to back days to give better chances. Once I became pregnant I took progesterone vaginally until I was 10 weeks along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nurse practitioner Kat)
Most of our ultrasounds/appointments were with the nurse practitioner Kat. She was AMAZING. Just as personable and inviting as Dr. Robin.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I had a genetic blood test done at 10 weeks for chromosomal abnormalities and an added plus we got to know the gender. They gave us the results the following week and it said girl. But at our regular obgyn at our anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks we found out we were having a boy. Come to find out. The lab that ran the test had a mistake and re did the test and sent new results to New Hope right away and we never heard about it until I called after my anatomy ultrasound freaking out.

2008 - 2016
PCOS, Other
When I first met Dr. Robin [Poe-Zeigler] I felt she was wonderful, very warm, compassionate, and understanding; after that, I felt as if she forgot who I was unless she was holding my chart. I only saw her six times in eight years; my first consultation, one IUI, my egg retrieval and embryo implantation for IVF, once in the hallway, and at my consultation after my miscarriage. Even though I was still going to the practice at the beginning of this year, I hadn't actually seen her in person since 2010...
[New Hope of VA clinic] Strengths: Dr. Perez - he is charismatic, warm, friendly, and takes his time with you. He preformed both of my DNCs and I was very happy with him. Weaknesses: Waiting room times, inept and inattentive PAs that are never there very long, almost never seeing Dr. Robin, communication and accuracy issues with med refills and referrals, and things not being explained enough or often enough...
2008 - 2016
Other, Prefer not to answer
PCOS, Other
When I first met Dr. Robin I felt she was wonderful, very warm, compassionate, and understanding; after that, I felt as if she forgot who I was unless she was holding my chart. I only saw her six times in eight years; my first consultation, one IUI, my egg retrieval and embryo implantation for IVF, once in the hallway, and at my consultation after my miscarriage. Even though I was still going to the practice at the beginning of this year, I hadn't actually seen her in person since 2010. Up until I was "shopped out" to another doctor, I felt she only remembered me when reviewing old patient files.
Expect to almost never see her except at a consultation appointment, an in-office procedure, if she's filling in, or you bump into her in the hallway.
I only felt like a human when being seen/treated in person by Dr. Robin or Dr. Perez; though I always felt that they forgot me as soon as I walked out the door. The myriad of revolving PAs I saw during my time there, never took the time to get to know me. Most tried to tell me they knew my body better than I did, and they repeatedly ignored issues and problems I brought to their attention. For example: Even after alerting one PA to certain issues, she ignored me and my subsequent endo-biopsy procedure sent me into shock; then the PA swore that there was no way I could be in shock after I told her.
It's been so long, I really don't remember much. I know I did Clomid with the IUIs. For the IVF we used birth control pills, Follistim and Braville? with progesterone in oil injections and vaginal progesterone inserts (I hated those - I reported that the medication turned black after being inserted - which was not a listed side-effect - and nothing was ever done. I even reported it to the pharmaceutical company who just referred me back to my doctor.) There was one other med we used besides what we used to induce ovulation, but I can't remember what it was. After I was pregnant, we continued the progesterone in oil and something else I can't remember. We used ICSI and Assisted Hatching during the IVF because the outer membrane of my eggs was so thick due to the PCOS. I do remember her telling me, at age 33, that I had the eggs of a 40 year old but produced the embryos of a 25 year old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Willa (IVF team), then Kelly, then Willa (not for IVF though), then Erica)
Willa was always awesome, organized, and communicated better than anyone. She was the head nurse for IVF cycles. Kelly was good until we had a major med refill incident, then the Office Manager sent me back to Willa even though I was not undergoing IVF. Last year, for some reason, I received Erica as my nurse and had nothing but problems; from med refills to trying to get everything the new doctor they were sending me to wanted so that I could make an appointment. What should have been easy took months.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I don't remember the IUI med costs. The IVF costs were about $10,000 for the meds, and almost $20,000 for the IVF because I required ICSI and assisted hatching. Chriopreservation and embryonic genetic testing were not offered at that time, so that was also not included.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Waiting room times were horrendous - about 30-45 minutes in the waiting room and another 15-30 minutes in the exam room. Lab waiting times were about 15 minutes. IVF should have been a recommendation up front because of my PCOS; it was not suggested until we'd wasted money on 3 failed IUIs. My IVF journey was delayed almost a year by a nurse not explaining the information she gave me on my odds of conceiving and my resulting depression over it. After I was pregnant with twins and nearing the end of my monitoring cycle, I requested an OB/GYN referral I never received. I chose my own doctor. No one explained what to look for, and I was unaware that I should be seeing a "high-risk" pregnancy doc, and ended up not being monitored closely enough and gave birth at 20 weeks. Staff repeatedly dropped the ball with my med refills. The two major incidents required me to contact the Office Manager to resolve the issues. I found myself suddenly "shopped out" to an outside Endocrinologist after my last annual and labs. I was told I was now diabetic, even though the new doc says I am not. I believe I was sent elsewhere because I had not been enrolled in an IVF cycle for 5 years while I saved up for another round of IVF. During the referral process, staff dropped the ball forwarding records and paperwork to the new doc. It took 3 months of constant back and forth with both offices; I had to contact the Office Manager again to resolve those issues. I requested a copy of my med records at the end of April 2016. It's October and I finally just got my requested copy. I gave New Hope chance after chance for eight years; I'm taking my dreams, and my money, elsewhere.

2012 - 2016
Endometriosis, PCOS
There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about Dr. Robin other than I wish I saw her more during my treatment. Even if it was her poking her head in to say hi and to see if everything is ok and answering any questions. I didnt see her much but when I did I loved her.... It was really close to one of my procedures and I didnt have any information sent to me yet.... I was very upset and emailed Dr. Robin. She was out of town emailed me back right away apologized and fixed the situation.
I thought Dr. Robin could have not been better however, a lot of her staff [New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] is cold and unfriendly and makes you feel like you are doing them a favor by being there. Only a few were delicate and compassionate. The majority were not.... I prob spend all together with 2 retrievals and 3 implantation's mat least $55k.... This is a very delicate emotional process and a lot of the staff is not sensitive to that.
2012 - 2016
Endometriosis, PCOS
There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about Dr. Robin other than I wish I saw her more during my treatment. Even if it was her poking her head in to say hi and to see if everything is ok and answering any questions. I didnt see her much but when I did I loved her. The staff could improve in making you feel like a number and get some compassion from Dr. Robin. This is a very delicate emotional process and a lot of the staff is not sensitive to that.
Have a tough skin and try to not be so emotional attached to the process. Also, make sure you make them explain everything until you understand. A lot of times they did not explain things well what so ever before they happen. Also, make sure you are on top of your process and know what is supposed to happen and not just wait for them to tell you.
I thought Dr. Robin could have not been better however, a lot of her staff is cold and unfriendly and makes you feel like you are doing them a favor by being there. Only a few were delicate and compassionate. The majority were not.
I dont remember the details of this.
I have already answered this question.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I would say that a new patient needs to do a lot of research before doing this process and become education on all the options. I would also say to go to at least 2 clinics before making a decision on where to go.
I recommend 100% doing the genetic testing that I did during my second egg retrieval. I was not told about this for some reason until I asked about it.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
It was really close to one of my procedures and I didnt have any information sent to me yet. This was my second time doing IVF so I knew what to expect and the second time I was left in the dark. I was very upset and emailed Dr. Robin. She was out of town emailed me back right away apologized and fixed the situation.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
While directly speaking with her [Dr. Poe-Zeigler], felt like a human. When we were there for other visits I felt like we were pushed through more like a number, and we actually only saw her 2-3 times total during the entire cycles...She is good technically and wonderful during consultation...I would have loved to get even brief updates from her directly at times instead of only seeing her for actual procedures and the consultation date...
The clinic [New Hope of VA] was very nice in terms of ambiance. I found it helpful they were able to open rather early to allow me to get ultrasounds done before work. Weakness wise I felt that the billing was sometimes not explained well. When you spend that much money out of pocket, it would be helpful to have an itemized bill explained each visit--I often had to reach back out for explaination...the rest of her staff was sometimes cold and rushed.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
While I absolutely loved Robin Poe-Zeigler, the rest of her staff was sometimes cold and rushed. I would have loved to get even brief updates from her directly at times instead of only seeing her for actual procedures and the consultation date. In addition--after we were lucky enough to be pregnant, once we were discharged to an OB, no one ever reached out to check on us. Even after we sent a birth announcement and an email to inform them.
She is good technically and wonderful during consultation. However, be prepared to be rushed through for other parts of testing etc.
While directly speaking with her, felt like a human. When we were there for other visits I felt like we were pushed through more like a number, and we actually only saw her 2-3 times total during the entire cycles.
I don't remember many details, as I was only able to retrieve 1 egg from our stimulation cycle. We ended up doing embryo donor to conceive.
They were sometimes cold unfortunately. When I would ask to speak with the MD or ask questions, it was sometimes difficult to get answers, etc. Everyone seemed overtasked much of the time.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very nice in terms of ambiance. I found it helpful they were able to open rather early to allow me to get ultrasounds done before work. Weakness wise I felt that the billing was sometimes not explained well. When you spend that much money out of pocket, it would be helpful to have an itemized bill explained each visit--I often had to reach back out for explaination.
We ended up spending close to $20,000 out of pocket. It is very hard to come up with all of this money up front. We had to max out some credit cards/line of credit which is extremely stressful.
We did meet with the embryologist which was helpful. She explained the options and preferences in detail. We did have input with this.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I had a pap smear done in the office. No one followed up on the results in a timely manner. When I finally asked, I had already started my simulation cycle before they told me it was abnormal and I needed investigation. Thus, if we would have had a successful stim cycle (which we didn't) we wouldn't have been able to transfer fresh embryos. They would have to be frozen and transferred after we finished the workup for abnormal pap smear. I wasn't happy about the miscommunication in this regard.

2012 - 2014
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I think Dr. Robin's strengths are her knowledge and compassion for her patients. She was willing to try an IVF cycle with me while I feel other doctors might have turned me away because of my weight. During the retrieval, we were not able to get many eggs due to my size. I wasn't aware that could be an issue before the retrieval, so I was disappointed when I woke up to find out we had only gotten three eggs. I do give Dr. Robin credit for looking at other options that might help me get pregnant. Though, I didn't conceive as a direct result of a fertility treatment, I did eventually conceive and deliver a beautiful baby girl. I believe Dr. Robin's surgeries to treat my endometriosis played a large part in that happening.
I think the clinic [New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] is great for IVF patients. You get a lot of personal attention. I feel like IUI patients are treated a little more like a number...I felt like Dr. Robin truly cared about me as a person. She wanted to see me get pregnant as much I wanted to get pregnant. She was honest but gentle with me about how my weight might impact my fertility....I believe my IVF cycle was approximately $20,000. I don't remember the cost of the IUI.
2012 - 2014
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I would advise them to make sure they understand all the possible outcomes of their procedures.
We first tried a fresh IVF cycle because I had a blocked tube. That did not lead to a pregnancy because though I developed over twenty eggs, we were only able to retrieve three eggs, and only one fertilized. We then tried an IUI with injectibles to see if the ovary that developed the egg would be on the same side as the unblocked tube. Neither of these treatments led to pregnancy.
Honestly, I don't remember too much about the nursing staff. I mostly remember Dr. Robin and Dr. Perez.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think the clinic is great for IVF patients. You get a lot of personal attention. I feel like IUI patients are treated a little more like a number.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I just had one frustrating experience with the front desk. My grandfather had recently died, and I just wanted to speak with the cycle coordinator about my schedule. The front desk attendant failed to understand me and told the coordinator I wanted to cancel. Furthermore, she denied my requests to speak with coordinator. I was very distraught over my grandfather's passing, and I wish she had escorted me to a private location rather than leaving me in the waiting area with the other patients. It was a simple miscommunication that could have been avoided if she would have just listened to me.

2017 - 2019
Doctor Robin explained every single detail to my husband and I about the different options with infertility treatments. She explained some causes of PCOS and why it effects women’s infertility. ... She is a sweet compassionate individual. She really does care about her work and helping others. ... We are a young couple so sometimes people tend to judge becaus of our age but she was one who didn’t. She wanted to give us the hope and joy of having a child of our own. ...
I love how we have group meetings monthly meetings. I wish the lab [New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] follow up would be better after you get result. I had to call to get mine. More finance options would be better. ... I had to call to get my results on my blood testing that was done. ... [Nursing staff] Easy going. They did not speak as much but I know that is the doctors responsibility. I trusted in them. ... We were given a cost breakdown sheet of each procedure.
2017 - 2019
She is a sweet compassionate individual. She really does care about her work and helping others. She answers any questions we may have and even asks more than the questions we have. We can not wait to start of invocell journey with her.
Ask as many questions as you can! Do your research and choose the option that is best for you. Understand infertility is ok to accept and is a challenge that can be very rewarding in the end.
Doctor Robin explained every single detail to my husband and I about the different options with infertility treatments. She explained some causes of PCOS and why it effects women’s infertility. We are a young couple so sometimes people tend to judge becaus of our age but she was one who didn’t. She wanted to give us the hope and joy of having a child of our own.
She gave us a breakdown for invocell because she believed we would be a great candidate for it. We are currently still saving to do this treatment.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Doctor Robin is what keeps this clinic going! She is the eyes and ears that make it happen. I love how we have group meetings monthly meetings. I wish the lab follow up would be better after you get result. I had to call to get mine. More finance options would be better.
They were high but most all fertility treatments are. We were given a cost breakdown sheet of each procedure.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I had to call to get my results on my blood testing that was done.

Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Dr. Robin is very personable. She always spoke to us even when we were there to just have blood drawn or something like that. She made us feel comfortable. ... This is the first cycle where NK cells were mentioned. Mine came back abnormal. So we did intralipids 1 week prior to embryo transfer, then every 2 weeks for several months, then once weekly until 24 weeks pregnant. I also took a lot of oral medications as well as PIO injections. ...
Strengths [New Hope Center for Repro Med]: up to date on latest protocols, always made me feel comfortable, never felt like a number. Weaknesses: busy and understaffed at times with nursing. Be prepared to wait if there for ultrasounds or intralipids. Those appts take the longest. ... The nursing staff is very kind. But it did occasionally feel like they were a little too busy and understaffed. Stuff always got done but you may have to wait.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
I always felt like myself and my husband truly meant something to her. She is so kind and explains things so well. She took the time to test things that no other Dr. had every mentioned in my 12 years dealing with infertility. We love Dr. Robin.
Go in with an open mind and trust what she says. Do the tests she recommends. Even if some seem costly. It will be worth it.
Dr. Robin is very personable. She always spoke to us even when we were there to just have blood drawn or something like that. She made us feel comfortable. You can tell she loves her job. It is her passion and you can feel the love she has for every patient she sees. Dr. Robin wants you to become pregnant and it shows. I have not felt that at other fertility clinics I have gone to.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: up to date on latest protocols, always made me feel comfortable, never felt like a number. Weaknesses: busy and understaffed at times with nursing. Be prepared to wait if there for ultrasounds or intralipids. Those appts take the longest.
around $9,000.00

PCOS, Unexplained
The staff [New Hope Center for Reproductive Med] seemed disorganized and over worked. Each appointment never took place on time, and I was always there for over an hour (sometimes more) at each appointment.... The team was very nice. They remembered your name and certainly were kind, just very disorganized. My appointments were never on time, which is problematic since I worked full time. The clinic seemed to have too many patients and not enough clinical staff.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Robin is a very kind and compassionate woman. I did run into some issues with my thyroid while under her care and unfortunately the way her staff handled it and the consult I had with her, we had to switch clinics. I am thankful I did because I was diagnosed with thyroiditus and had to stop all treatments (she was still allowing me to do medicated IUI cycles while I was having the thyroid issues) once I started seeing my new endocronologist and fertility team. I feel like I certainly fell through the cracks at their practice.
Question everything. If you don’t understand, ask. Also, if you’re not much of an emotional person, this clinic might not be for you.
We did one round of Femara and Follistim with trigger and one round of IUi with just follistim and the trigger.
The staff seemed disorganized and over worked. Each appointment never took place on time, and I was always there for over an hour (sometimes more) at each appointment.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We were self pay, but the costs were what I expected them to be for what we did. When looking at ivf/invocell they were more expensive than expected.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Robin [Poe-Zeigler] is a great doctor but can be caught up on rules rather than compassion. She is not as willing to walk you through the process such as showing you your ultra sounds or walking through the process. She left us without hope which was difficult to process but there is nothing too negative I can say about her... We used donor embryos. She had me on Metformin, for prevention, thyroid meds because it was on the line, blood thinners because my blood clots too quick, estrogen, progesterone. This was our fourth round and our third negative. She left us in our office with the words “there is no earthly explanation why you are not pregnant”.
The New Hope Center was very well organized and I almost never had a long wait. The staff and nurses were amazing and were willing to help. Their after work phone service was terrible and when there were emergencies you had to get gruff with them to even make headway... We used donor embryos. She had me on Metformin, for prevention, thyroid meds because it was on the line, blood thinners because my blood clots too quick, estrogen, progesterone. This was our fourth round and our third negative. She left us in our office with the words “there is no earthly explanation why you are not pregnant”.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Robin is a great doctor but can be caught up on rules rather than compassion. She is not as willing to walk you through the process such as showing you your ultra sounds or walking through the process. She left us without hope which was difficult to process but there is nothing too negative I can say about her.
She is busy and has lots of clients so just know your hand won’t be held.
She was very friendly and knows your name, but was not as good about showing you as she worked or walking you through things. I think it is just numbers she has less time to spend.
They were all friendly and super helpful.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We transferred two embryos with no selective reduction.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
When Dr Perez was at this clinic they failed to call me with both my first transfer results until the next day and miscarriage blood work results until I got gruff with the after hours service.

2006 - 2017
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr Robin [Poe-Zeigler] is absolutely amazing. She puts you at ease immediately and goes straight to discussion on how she can help. She answered all questions with knowledge and compassion. She has cried with me before performing a D&C. She’s cried with me when she met my children.... Dr Robin knew who I was and every detail. I became family with the staff and to this day am still friends with them. They cried with me and shares my joys and sadness.
The clinic [New Hope Ctr for Repro Med] has everything in one office to make it as convenient and comfortable for you as possible. The staff is mixed in good and bad. But for the most part if staff is not good they are gone pretty quickly. The ones that stay are good.... There were a few times I didn’t get a phone call with results when promised but usually due to dr not reviewing chart before close of business so I got a call first thing the next day.
2006 - 2017
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr Robin is absolutely amazing. She puts you at ease immediately and goes straight to discussion on how she can help. She answered all questions with knowledge and compassion. She has cried with me before performing a D&C. She’s cried with me when she met my children.
Have an open mind and make sure you ask any question you have. Also, be strong and ready for a roller coaster ride. Fertility treatments are rough on your body and mind but so worth it in the end. Have faith in Dr Robin as she has your best interest at heart.
There were some great nurses there during my treatment. But as years have gone on some staff moved on and I have experienced both good and bad with staff there
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has everything in one office to make it as convenient and comfortable for you as possible. The staff is mixed in good and bad. But for the most part if staff is not good they are gone pretty quickly. The ones that stay are good.