CARE Fertility

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Texas
ResidencyU. of Texas Southwestern
FellowshipU. of Texas Southwestern
1701 Park Place Ave
Bedford, TX 76022
Fort Worth
1250 8th Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Robin Thomas to a friend?
Neutral: 25%Don't recommend: 75%5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?
She [Dr. Thomas] is nice but I don’t feel like I’m her focus when she is with me.... I did three frozen embryo transfers and nothing was changed each transfer. We did the same medications, same everything. Nothing changed. She wanted to do a 4th transfer without changing anything in my protocol....I didn’t feel like I was important. I felt like I was just another patient being seen that day, hurry up and get the sonogram over with.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
I did three frozen embryo transfers and nothing was changed each transfer. We did the same medications, same everything. Nothing changed. She wanted to do a 4th transfer without changing anything in my protocol. Obviously if I haven’t gotten pregnant after three failed transfers...it isn’t working and something needs to change.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
She is nice but I don’t feel like I’m her focus when she is with me. She always has an excuse for everything and always seems like she is distracted. I feel like I have wasted $20,000 at their clinic...
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robin Thomas used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
All three of my frozen embryo transfers included birth control for about 2 weeks, and then lupron injections, adding in estrogen pills (6mg/day) and then lastly progesterone 1ml/day. The highest my living ever got was 8mm and nothing was ever changed to help my lining be thicker. I had bleeding in my last two transfers, I was even bleeding 2 days before my embryo transfer and was told that it was normal. We transferred 1 embryo the first time, 1 embryo the second time, and 2 embryos the second time. None of which resulted in a pregnancy. My doctor wanted to do a 4th Transfer and wasn’t changing any of my medications or running any additional tests.
I was never able to talk to the nurses on the first try. I always had to leave a message and have them call me back a day later. They lied on their documentation. I was having bleeding right before my embryo transfer and they charted that everything was normal and that I wasn’t having bleeding.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I was never able to talk with a nurse or the clinical coordinator when I called. You always have to leave a voice mail and mostly likely they will call back a day later. A strength is that I never had to wait long in the waiting room or in the exam room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility.
Clinic fee of $7500 for IVF with $5300 additional cost for medications. Frozen embryo transfer cost of $2500 with $500-700 additional cost for medications.
Describe Robin Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
They do not recommend doing multiple embryo transfers if you are young and have good quality embryos. However after two failed frozen embryo transfers, I was allowed to transfer 2 embryos for my third transfer.
Bedford
Dr. Thomas is caring and honest and does her best to get us the right treatment. It takes a little time for her to warm up and comes off as too "clinical" in the beginning. However, she knows what she's doing and does pay attention to your concerns and tries to address them....Don't expect a warm, bubbly doctor but she's a professional who has experienced a lot of success and we've learned to trust her...I had no overt issues that would prevent pregnancy so we started with unmedicated IUI. Three attempts were unsuccessful so we proceeded to Chlomid with IUI.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Dr. Thomas is caring, listens well and answers questions.
When starting, I had no overt issues that would prevent pregnancy so we started with unmedicated IUI. Three attempts were unsuccessful so we proceeded to Chlomid with IUI. Three attempts were again unsuccessful so she advised moving on to another protocol. We then tried a medicated round with injectables. While I had a significant response to the medication, it was so much so that Dr. Thomas advised that we not pursue additional rounds with this protocol as the response we saw could present additional risks. At this time, the recommendation from Dr. Thomas has been to pursue IVF. During each cycle, we were assertive and asked lots of questions. We would recommend that others do the same to get a full understanding of the possible outcomes and next steps.
We never envisioned that we would spend so much time at our clinic, before we began this process. The nurses at CAR have helped to make the process easier and there are several that we look forward to seeing at our many appointments.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
We don't have another clinic experience to compare to, however we have seen the following: Strength: appointment availability, nursing staff, 2 locations, good reputation Weakness: IVF coordinator seems too busy. After months of already working with the clinic and having excellent response, we have not found the same to be true when pursuing IVF.
Each cycle we have two major cost categories: Clinic costs which were all inclusive of the clinic resources required for that protocol (ie. sonograms, monitoring visits, blood work, IUI), and our drug costs. We liked that the clinic costs for each cycle were all inclusive and that we were not having to pay by the visit.
We understand that Dr. Thomas follows the recommendations from SART for embryo transfer count.
Fort Worth
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Thomas was kind and very knowledgeable. Although our IVF was unsuccessful she did explain the risk of moving forward with only 2 follicles. I was unhappy that she did not call ahead of time to notify us that the 1 embryo did not make it to day 5. We drove 2 hours just to be told we had nothing to transfer. It felt insensitive given the drive home was tearful and extremely emotional.... Lupron Flare protocol for low amh & high fsh. We used gonal f but not sure of the dosage.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
As with any medical treatments be your own advocate. Dr Thomas seemed to not have much say other than exactly what was set out by the medical director. They have strict day 5 only transfers and will not budge, regardless of how many embryos you have.
Dr Thomas was very kind and spent a lot of time explaining my diagnosis and our options.
There was one nurse in particular I believe her name was Nikki, we really liked her. She was thorough and fun to work with. The others rotated each visit.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Original the clinic was pleasant especially Ft Worth location. Once they seemed to be pushing Effortless IVF it became so busy especially in the Bedford location it felt we were cattle. They herded you in and out as quickly as possible. We were much happier in the beginning.
Clinic fees were $8500 & meds were about $6000.
Under 35 patients can only transfer 1 at a time.
Bedford
All my cycles but my last was the same [with Dr. Thomas]. This last cycle included lupron and I don't think it was timed appropriately... She comforted me and most of made sure I was informed...very smart and has a wonderful bedside manner. She doesn't try to rush you when you don't understand something. The only thing I would say that would be negative is that she doesn't seem to completely listen to the whole picture or consider any other treatment.
How was your experience with Robin Thomas at CARE Fertility?
Dr Thomas is very smart and has a wonderful bedside manner. She doesn't try to rush you when you don't understand something. The only thing I would say that would be negative is that she doesn't seem to completely listen to the whole picture or consider any other treatment.
Make sure you ask ask ask everything
She really cared about how I was feeling and showed how. She comforted me and most of made sure I was informed and didn't treat me like $$
All my cycles but my last was the same. This last cycle included lupron and I don't think it was timed appropriately
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
It's hit or miss with the staff. I just didn't feel to confident in them looking back.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The billing office isn't the best. Make sure you are informed about everything including extra costs. Look up success rates. This clinic is very user friendly. Everything is accessible. I just wish theyy would be more attentive about how you know your own body.
8500 for initial, then 2600 for every cycle frozen. Over 700 for cancelled cycle.
I think within reason you should be able to transfer what you want. I needed to transfer 3 this last time my gut told me too and in the end I lost that embryo as it was discarded