Medical SchoolU. of Minnesota
FellowshipU. of Minnesota
1322 Pineview Dr
Morgantown, WV 26505
304-598-3100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Roger Toffle to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Toffle was very straight forward about my treatment. He would draw me a diagram of anything we were doing and list all of the options. He would then give me this paper to take home. At my appointments I always saw him and not a tech or a nurse. He was caring and compassionate. When my cycles didn't work he was sympathetic. I went to him just for monitoring first and even though he wasn't doing my actual medical cycles he still cared about how I was doing and checked in on me.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Go to him soon as I think he'll be retiring soon.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Toffle recognized me at my appointments and knew my history. He understood what we wanted and didn't treat me like a number. I had a missed miscarriage when I was with him and he wanted to schedule it for Friday but my brother was getting married so he changed his entire schedule to do it that day.
Describe the protocols Roger Toffle used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did Letrozole instead of Clomid on my IUI because I had 3 failed Clomid IUI cycles. I couldn't do IVF until the summer so he said it wouldn't hurt anything to try Letrozole and do IUI's with that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen is wonderful. She gave me her direct line, her e-mail, and her personal cell phone. She answers my e-mails within a few hours and my phone calls as soon as possible. She was even on vacation once and wrote me back to tell me she'd write when she was back. She's very professional and always gets me any answers I need.
Describe your experience with West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very small. There are only 2 doctors. There are about 6 nurses. I like it here because everyone knows me. When I walk in I don't even have to give my name because they know who I am. I'm a person and not a number. The lab is small and there are only 2 people in the lab. The lab people are both very nice. I know everyone in the place which makes me feel very comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring ultrasound were $150, IUI's were $400
2012
Dr Toffle took time to explain everything and was wonderful to work with...you could tell he cared and didn't rush anything when we were there..... He listened and explained everything thoroughly in terms we could understand. He worked with us and made sure to know what we wanted and what our limits were and did everything he could to help us. He was so patient and kind and truly a light in a time that we were struggling to understand why we couldn't get pregnant.
2012
I would just say ask questions and know how far you want to go in treatments...he will respect your wishes.
First, we started with just clomid. It did not react well with my body so we switched to femara. My body responded better to it. We did that for several cycles then included IUI with it. We did IUI twice. It didn't work. Dr Toffle was willing to do a third but we actually chose to pursue adoption and stopped treatments.
They were always so helpful and kind.
The clinic was very nice. We loved everything about the place. It was clean, privacy was respected, and the staff was amazing. We never had a bad experience ever and they always fit us in (even living an hour and a half away - they were so accommodating)
My insurance would cover the medications and some testing. However, it did not cover the IUI so it was around $600 per time.
2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
He [Dr. Roger Toffle] legitimately cares about his patients and their outcomes...It took a little time for me to adjust to his bedside manner, but with time, I truly saw what an amazing doctor he was. During my miscarriages, he took amazing care of me. I feel like he is a conservative doctor and doesn't try to move straight to the expensive and risky fertility treatments...He was big on using pills, tracking ovulation and using ultrasounds to track eggs/activity. He always made room in his schedule for any needed appointments.
2013 - 2016
He is in the process of retiring, so this won't really apply.
He legitimately cares about his patients and their outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Vicky)
The nurses are top-notch at this office. They are so kind and take the best care of the patients. They are there to cry, laugh, joke and support everyone and they legitimately care.
The clinic is private, clean and perfect for the practice.
I believe IUIs were $250
What specific things went wrong at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?