Medical SchoolGeorgetown
ResidencyU. of Chicago
FellowshipUSC
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rogerio Lobo to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
If you want good sound advice but don't care as much about a personal connection with your RE, Dr.Lobo will be great for you. Some people prefer to keep things all business and are more analytical in their approach - in this case, Dr. Lobo would be a great fit. Come as prepared as possible to your consultation - have questions ready to go, and do some research in advance.... As someone with unexplained infertility, Dr. Lobo recommended 3 IUI's before moving on to IVF, but suggested that success rate with IUI would be relatively low. Since I responded well to medicated cycles, we went that route instead of injectibles. I ultimately ended up doing 4 IUI's - 2 with Clomid, 1 with Femara, and one natural because I ended up with a cyst from the Clomid. None were successful.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University?
Dr. Lobo was very knowledgeable and matter-of-fact. He told me what he recommended and set a plan in motion, and was kind but I did feel like I was one in about a million patients. My individual success didn't seem super important. Or the emotional aspect of fertility treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University?
The office was like a factory. Dr. Lobo didn't actually perform any of my procedures, and on my 4th IUI, the doctor said, "This must be your first IUI - you seem nervous" Clearly he hadn't read my file. It was clear that they were trying to cycle people through as quickly as possible and I didn't trust that I would have success when the people performing my procedures weren't even familiar with my record.
Describe the protocols Rogerio Lobo used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Again, this whole clinic felt like a factory. People were nice enough but I might as well have been a cardboard cut-out. Nothing felt personal at all.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This clinic does provide good treatment plans and care - that I feel like align well with other clinics I visited. However, it was SO manufactured. Did not feel personal at all and completely lacked any sort of human touch. I did feel confident in the quality of my care overall, but going through an emotional process with very little apparent empathy was tough.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University.
I believe that I paid approximately $300/ea. for 4 IUI's. I did have partial insurance coverage.
Describe Rogerio Lobo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
5 IVF, Egg Freezing
5 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University?
We both had a good feeling about Dr. Lobo when we started our treatment. Little did we know we would never see him again after our first meeting and had to deal with different doctors on every next appointment. Because it wasn't our first time to the rodeo and we knew what to expect and what was going on. The treatment was very "factory"-like and it felt like we were pushed through the machine with very little consideration for the psychological impact of the treatment or questions that we had along the way.
If everything goes smoothly, you are probably going to be ok. It hardly ever goes smoothly.... Consider other doctors and clinics as well.
While doctor Lobio was our primary doctor, we met with different doctors on every appointment. Doctors were talking to us from the paper work they had in front of them and not based on a prior relation. We had 23 embryos, of which 8 seemed good enough for transfer or freezing on day 5. We had one transferred. On day six, to our surprise we learned that none seemed to be good enough to freeze. We got an impersonal call and there was no explanation, nor was anyone available for an explanation. When in panic that they would discard good embryos, that they mixed up our file with someone else's, it took me 2 hours to talk to someone who simply confirmed: none of them were good enough for storage and we didn't make a mistake. End of story...
There was no personal connection
2 IUI, IVF
Dr Lobo is excellent. He has excellent bedside manners. He is very knowledgeable and speaks and asks questions with lots of empathy and yet he is very clear and precise about treatment ideas, etc... This clinic [Columbia Fertility] is rotational so you see whoever is on duty and all the doctors are excellent. Dr. Lobo had explained that ahead of time and asked me if I was ok with it the first time I met him.
How was your experience with Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University?
He is excellent. I got very lucky but he is just so even handed and fantastic. I had nothing g to complain about. This clinic is rotational so you see whoever is on duty and all the doctors are excellent. Dr. Lobo had explained that ahead of time and asked me if I was ok with it the first time I met him. He sets the path , the others follow and do the procedure. He would still answer all my questions and help decide a treatment path.
He is excellent. I had no complaints.
Dr Lobo is excellent. He has excellent bedside manners. He is very knowledgable and speaks and asks questions with lots of empathy Nd yet he is very clear and precise about treatment ideas, etc.
They not what they are doing. The needle pricks are to a minimum and they do a better job than most hospital nurses.
Columbia University
[Dr. Rogerio Lobo] was great , but the rest of his practice not so good. I was disappointment he didn't perform the iui as planned. I saw a different doc each visit and I feel the other docs mistimed the procedure...Make sure you get to see him each appointment and not his colleagues...relied to much on me guessing that I was ovulating from my novice use of OV tests...Iui unmedicated
How was your experience with Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University?
Dr lobo was great , but the rest of his practice not so good. I was disappointment he didn't perform the iui as planned. I saw a different doc each visit and I feel the other docs mistimed the procedure
Make sure you get to see him each appointment and not his colleagues
Routine procedure ....
Iui unmedicated
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
They relied to much on me guessing that I was ovulating from my novice use of OV tests. Ask lots of questions and request that your doc perform all procedures. Also I was billed way more than expected so double check the cost of everything.
Approx $5k
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
2 IUI, IVF
He [Dr. Lobo] was very empathetic, very thorough and straightforward. Very very professorial and not interested in the business side of IVF treatments... He is excellent. He is knowledgeable and understood my needs and urgency but did not try to push the most expensive treatments first.
How was your experience with Rogerio Lobo at Columbia University?
He is excellent. He is knowledgeable and understood my needs and urgency but did not try to push the most expensive treatments first. He explained that it is a group practice and I would see others and not just him.
It is a group practice and will see everyone and not just him. The whole practice is very competent
He was very empathetic, very thorough and straightforward. Very very professorial and not interested in the business side of IVF treatments
They were very experienced