Fertility Institute of New Orleans

Medical SchoolLouisiana St U.
ResidencyLouisiana St
Baton Rouge
8585 Picardy Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 726-2031
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ron Clisham to a friend?
Neutral: 64%Don't recommend: 36%5.9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Institute of New Orleans to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
He is an old school doctor [Dr. Ron Clisham] and lets you know percentage wise how possible the options are. He is knowledgeable maybe not on the most recent trends like mucinex,pineapple and aspirin. He was on vacation for a conference to increase his knowledge base...He confused me with other patients a lot when he returned or made phone calls...We started with a small dose of clomid and my eggs did not get big fast enough so we cancelled the follistim but you have to buy it in advance and it is not cheap. We decided to do the hcg trigger shot because my eggs eventually grew bigger. Ultrasounds every 3 days and either sex or iui when the blood work signaled.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is an old school doctor and lets you know percentage wise how possible the options are. He is knowledgeable maybe not on the most recent trends like mucinex,pineapple and aspirin. He was on vacation for a conference to increase his knowledge base.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Speak up for what you want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He confused me with other patients a lot when he returned or made phone calls.
Describe the protocols Ron Clisham used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They have numerous specialists but the wait time is long. I am never there less than an hour even for an ultrasound or blood work. They were a little unorganized, I went for blood work one day and they stated I needed two tests and the order only said one. My house stand went for blood work and we were there over an hour. You cannot start until the genetic screen is done and it’s not always covered under insurance and it’s quite expensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Costs for doctor visits, blood work, ultrasounds, drugs. Over $1,300 for clomid with monitoring and hcg trigger shot.
Fertility Institute of New Orleans
New Orleans
He [Dr. Ron Clisham] was attentive and nice. I just didn't feel like her remembered much about me during our visits and had to remind him what we had and had not done... i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me. During my time with him, I was not satisfied. However, having been through so much more and several other doctors since, I do not feel like it was his fault that we were not successful...We did 2 months of oral meds, one of those we did an IUI. Then we did 3 months of injectables with IUI's.
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was nice, i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me. During my time with him, I was not satisfied. However, having been through so much more and several other doctors since, I do not feel like it was his fault that we were not successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
Know your plan of action before. Do not go in blind or unprepared. Also, take notes during your visits. You may need to remind him of some things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was attentive and nice. I just didn't feel like her remembered much about me during our visits and had to remind him what we had and had not done.
Describe the protocols Ron Clisham used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is great. They always return phone calls and are fully prepared to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic was great. No complaints. He has moved to a new clinic now, though, and is no longer at Audubon Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility.
I have no idea what our total costs were with Dr. Clisham. Probably somewhere around $10,000
Describe Ron Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Audubon Fertility.
I really do not know. We never did an IVF round with him.
Audubon Fertility