Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolLouisiana St U.
ResidencyLouisiana St
Baton Rouge
8585 Picardy Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 726-2031
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ron Clisham to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Institute of New Orleans to a friend?
Dr. Clisham goes out of his way to make sure all steps in treatment are clear. ... He is careful to prescribe only the treatment that he thinks I need based on my own situation. He is knowledgeable about my case every time I see him. He is clear in explaining why he will choose one medication over another based on me-- not just comparing me to every other patient. ... Dr. Clisham is incredibly kind, patient, and enthusiastic
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Clisham is incredibly kind, patient, and enthusiastic about his goal of assisting me to get pregnant and, eventually, to stay pregnant. He is careful to prescribe only the treatment that he thinks I need based on my own situation. He is knowledgeable about my case every time I see him. He is clear in explaining why he will choose one medication over another based on me-- not just comparing me to every other patient. He answers me at all hours of the day and night. Infertility is difficult and emotional, and my journey has been made easier with Dr. Clisham helping to guide me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
To never be afraid to ask him any question at all at any time. He is clear and thorough and will never make you feel ashamed to ask any question, no matter how simple you think it may be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Clisham goes out of his way to make sure all steps in treatment are clear. He communicates clearly and honestly why he may try one treatment over the other, and how these decisions relate to my own case. He is always available for questions or concerns and has never once made me feel like a burden for calling him.
Describe the protocols Ron Clisham used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Dr. Clisham did a complete workup before we eventually got to medicated IUI cycles. He started from the least invasive treatment (monitoring my levels to see when I was ovulating, and directing my husband and I when to have sexual intercourse) and if it did not work, would go to the next treatment method (male factor evaluation, post coital test, IUI with femara only, to IUI with femara and trigger shot). I successfully got pregnant after my first IUI cycle with femara and a trigger shot, and it sadly ended in a miscarriage. Dr. Clisham was then careful about trying to conceive the next cycle, but not so careful to make me wait any longer than I could emotionally handle. As soon as I was able to be cleared (which was about 2 months after my D&C that he changed his schedule to perform), we began to try again.
The nurses are incredibly kind at Dr. Clisham's office and are all very helpful. When you call to ask them a question, they never make you feel silly for asking anything. They return calls very quickly and are thorough with their answers. My only slight issue is that not all of them are always up to date on my chart. Sometimes they ask me questions that I think would be known if my chart was read. They are, however, kind, helpful, quick to assist, and compassionate. Kim is the best nurse I've ever had care for me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic was able to get me seen by a doctor very quickly. Everyone is kind and friendly and helpful. Appointments are always available and the staff will accommodate you whenever you need. Judy at the front desk if the most kind and helpful person! I have read horror stories online of women who have had to miss cycle opportunities because their clinic was booked or would not open--I have NEVER experienced this with the Fertility Institute of New Orleans, holidays included! There have only been a small amount of times that I would've liked to have had a situation handled better. There have been two occasions where I thought my appointment would include seeing my doctor, when it was actually just for blood work and the doctor wasn't there (the only reason I had concern was because I am an over thinker and constantly have a list of questions to ask at my next appointment-- I was by no means denied access to my doctor in any way, I just was not informed that I was only there for a test, rather than an actual doctor visit). My only other VERY small issue is that one time I was having an ultrasound and I could hear someone in the room next to me (their door was open) being told that their gestational sac looked great, and these were words I never got to here (due to miscarriage). I would prefer that a place that is full of emotional situations to be a bit more sensitive to the patients' feelings, but it was not a huge issue at all. It never compromised the care I received or the kindness that was shown to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Dr. Clisham accepts my health insurance and I had very low copayments with each visit.
Describe Ron Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
N/A. This did not apply to me.
Metairie

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.

2010 - 2019
Dr. Clisham provides top notch care. He is extremely detailed and thorough throughout the entire treatment. He is always up to date on new, innovative practices occurring in the industry and takes a conservative approach to fertility. He only does what is in the patient's best interest. Dr. Clisham always remembered my personal details and would personally call me with all lab results or simply to check in...The wait time to see the doctor is extremely minimal - usually 10 to 15 minutes maximum. I saw Dr. Clisham as my primary care provider for 10 years due to my PCOS before trying to get pregnant. I
2010 - 2019
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I always say that patients who go to this clinic receive the royal treatment. The clinic has a boutique feel in that you are treated so gently and kindly by all of the staff. The wait time to see the doctor is extremely minimal - usually 10 to 15 minutes maximum. I saw Dr. Clisham as my primary care provider for 10 years due to my PCOS before trying to get pregnant. I truly believe that it was Dr. Clisham's excellent care that preserved my fertility. Not only did he routinely provide detailed check ups beyond the scope of what a regular OB/GYN does, but he was constantly altering my medications depending on my hormone fluctuations. When the time came to conceive, Dr. Clisham provided me with thorough guidance and set realistic expectations. I am constantly referring friends and family to Clisham for all of their fertility needs. He is smart, knowledgeable, well-studied, and does what is best for his patients. I truly couldn't recommend Dr. Clisham enough. I am now 24 weeks pregnant and have him to thank!
Go to Dr. Clisham and see him regularly. He WILL help you to conceive.
The nursing staff is excellent. They are warm and compassionate. They never acted like strangers.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is extremely well run. They were always able to get me appointments with the doctor that worked for my schedule. Any time I had to leave a message for the nurse's desk, I received a call back within an hour.
I paid for anything not covered by my insurance. I do not remember exact costs.
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I feel my experience as a patient has been great! I have been treated well! Dr Clishman calls me personally to discuss results and treatment options and I see him at most of my appointments. He is very involved!
Don't be scared to ask a lot of questions even if you think it is a stupid question and do a lot of research on your own, that's with any doctor really. I feel Dr Clishman is very knowledgeable but he talks in dr terms and it is a lot of information to take in at one time so take notes and keep a fertility journal
I feel like Dr Clishman really cares, he always been kind and seemed concerned and he has always remembered my name
Same day after the first initial consultation I did an exam and blood work and my husband did a semen analysis. I scheduled an HSG. after the HSG came back clear, we did more blood work, progesterone testing, and mucus testing, all test came back good so we decided to keep trying on our own for a few months then after no results Dr Clishman asked us to try a medicated IUI. I went in for ultrasounds and bloodwork every other day and the IUI was on day 14 when I usually ovulate on day 12 so that was my only real concern. I had 4 good follicles so we were hopeful but no pregnancy. We waited a few months and then did a second IUI and this time it was done on day 12 but only 1 follicle and no pregnancy. At this point Dr Clishman thinks it is age related and asked if we wanted to try another IUI and I said no we would like to start the IVF process and he agreed so that is our next step. success rates with IUI are so low that it just does not make sense to me to continue trying them especially with my age being a factor. Dr Clishman has always made us feel comfortable and has been open to whatever we wanted to try
They always return calls, are very knowledgeable and answer all of my questions
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I have never waited very long in the waiting room. I feel like they are organized and helpful. My only compliant is maybe the billing because my insurance covers infertility some times I see things that were billed that I am not sure about and its not easy to talk to the billing dept at this clinic. But they are always corrected after speaking to someone
My insurance covers 80% . I have had very little out of pocket expense
We have not got that far yet

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Clisham was our 3rd fertility doctor. He took his time getting a thorough background of our previous procedures and fertility history. ... We were guided by Dr Clisham in our selection of which embryo would be best to transfer. On transfer day we were treated with the utmost respect and care and even a little humor to ease things. ... I felt very at ease under his care during a what can be a potentially stressful treatment.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr Clisham was our 3rd fertility doctor. He took his time getting a thorough background of our previous procedures and fertility history. After our initial consultation I felt very confident he could help us achieve what we desired. He was always very upfront with his expectations and made sure we thoroughly understood the next step in the process. His demeanor was very warm and inviting. I felt very at ease under his care during a what can be a potentially stressful treatment.
Trust in his guidance and expertise. Overcoming fertility challenges can be an uphill battle. Be open and honest about your expectations and always listen to all the advice given to you.
Dr Clisham was very warm and courteous each visit. He personally returned all my calls and answered all our questions very openly and honestly.
We used donor eggs in our ivf cycle with Dr Clisham because I have poor quality egg production. He thoroughly tested our donor to make sure we would have the best possible chance of achieving pregnancy using donor eggs. Our donor was put on injectable medications and monitored very closely with ultrasound and bloodwork screenings. Her retrieval and recovery went very smooth. We were given regular updates on the progress of our embryos after fertilization. I was prepped for embryo transfer with ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring and oral and injectable medications. We were guided by Dr Clisham in our selection of which embryo would be best to transfer. On transfer day we were treated with the utmost respect and care and even a little humor to ease things. Dr Clisham has always been very attentive to our concerns. We owe all our gratitude and success in this pregnancy to his advice and expertise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
The nursing staff was always delightful and helpful with any questions about anything from financial concerns to medication administration.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is very clean, comfortable and easily accessible. The staff is very friendly and courteous. Everyone at the Fertility Institute was always supportive through each step in our fertility journey.
Comparable to other fertility clinics for similar treatments.
Dr Clisham assured us that with using donor eggs our chances of success would be much higher with a single embryo transfer and that a multiple embryo transfer would not be necessary.
Metairie

He [Dr. Clisham] is caring and offered many extracurricular programs such as detox yoga and diets. But he is old school and doesn’t try new things such as endo scratch for iui. He wanted resources and didn’t have time to read them. He is older and does things how he sees they have worked which could be good. ... Some of the protocols were generic and not specific to the situation.
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is caring and offered many extracurricular programs such as detox yoga and diets. But he is old school and doesn’t try new things such as endo scratch for iui. He wanted resources and didn’t have time to read them. He is older and does things how he sees they have worked which could be good.
Do your research and ask questions before treatment begins.
Some of the protocols were generic and not specific to the situation.
Our first cycle was just Femara and hcg with timed inter course. Our second was femara with injections follistim and ganerelix due to the fact I would ovulate on Friday and need iui on Sunday and they aren’t open. Iui still happened even though I ovulated. Third was same protocol except I started femara on days 4-9 and was able to have my cycle off of a weekend. Neither worked bfn!
I had a very rude nurse who didn’t know what I had spoken to the doctor about and told me not to waste my timing buying meds because they were cancelling my cycle. The rest of the staff was great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Strengths are they can accommodate most times for labs and ultrasounds. Weakness is new age technology and studies. They need to be researching what other clinics are doing. Invocell is new and promising and so is endometrial scratching. They are doing either. And I feel like they overcharge for a non iui non injections cycle.
Monitoring was $900 and blood work was covered by insurance Iui was $500 and sperm washing was $200
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
He is an old school doctor [Dr. Ron Clisham] and lets you know percentage wise how possible the options are. He is knowledgeable maybe not on the most recent trends like mucinex,pineapple and aspirin. He was on vacation for a conference to increase his knowledge base...He confused me with other patients a lot when he returned or made phone calls...We started with a small dose of clomid and my eggs did not get big fast enough so we cancelled the follistim but you have to buy it in advance and it is not cheap. We decided to do the hcg trigger shot because my eggs eventually grew bigger. Ultrasounds every 3 days and either sex or iui when the blood work signaled.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is an old school doctor and lets you know percentage wise how possible the options are. He is knowledgeable maybe not on the most recent trends like mucinex,pineapple and aspirin. He was on vacation for a conference to increase his knowledge base.
Speak up for what you want.
He confused me with other patients a lot when he returned or made phone calls.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They have numerous specialists but the wait time is long. I am never there less than an hour even for an ultrasound or blood work. They were a little unorganized, I went for blood work one day and they stated I needed two tests and the order only said one. My house stand went for blood work and we were there over an hour. You cannot start until the genetic screen is done and it’s not always covered under insurance and it’s quite expensive.
Costs for doctor visits, blood work, ultrasounds, drugs. Over $1,300 for clomid with monitoring and hcg trigger shot.
New Orleans

He [Dr. Ron Clisham] was attentive and nice. I just didn't feel like her remembered much about me during our visits and had to remind him what we had and had not done... i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me. During my time with him, I was not satisfied. However, having been through so much more and several other doctors since, I do not feel like it was his fault that we were not successful...We did 2 months of oral meds, one of those we did an IUI. Then we did 3 months of injectables with IUI's.
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was nice, i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me. During my time with him, I was not satisfied. However, having been through so much more and several other doctors since, I do not feel like it was his fault that we were not successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
Know your plan of action before. Do not go in blind or unprepared. Also, take notes during your visits. You may need to remind him of some things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was attentive and nice. I just didn't feel like her remembered much about me during our visits and had to remind him what we had and had not done.
Describe the protocols Ron Clisham used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is great. They always return phone calls and are fully prepared to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic was great. No complaints. He has moved to a new clinic now, though, and is no longer at Audubon Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility.
I have no idea what our total costs were with Dr. Clisham. Probably somewhere around $10,000
Describe Ron Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Audubon Fertility.
I really do not know. We never did an IVF round with him.
Audubon Fertility
New Orleans

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility.

I’ve been battling infertility for over 10 years due to my PCOS. After 2 failed IVF’s and 1 failed IUI in the past 8 years, I came to Dr. Clisham empty handed (with basically no hope) only because my husband asked me to try again. Of course the doctor began checking my hubbys semen (to ensure that he was fertile enough). Then, I was examined from head to toes, and that included an HSG ...Just when we were about to start a cycle of Clomid and we were waiting for my period to come, I got the surprise of my life. My period never came down, so I took a pregnancy test 😊😊 which resulted in 💯% ➕➕➕‼️ I couldn’t believe that such a simple advice from Dr. Clisham was the key to our pregnancy. Thanks to him, today we have our precious little girl sent from heaven.
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Clisham saved our lives afters years of desperately trying to conceive. Infertility can be described as the saddest process that a couple goes through. Thanks to the Fertility Institute in Metairie, LA I have my daughter. The doctors patience and knowledge is indescribable. I was able to get pregnant within the first three months of my first visit to the doctor. As a patient I always felt valued, respected, and cared for. I wish I had gone to see him sooner.
I would advise you to go see him ASAP, follow his instructions carefully. Also, take advantage of his messaging service which is fast and precise. Not all doctors take their time to have conatan contact si their patients.
Words can not describe the comfort that Dr. Clisham made me feel always when asking him questions, when emailing him for information, and when he advised me on how to proceed. He was very prompt on answering all my desperate questions and all my extreme worries during the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy. Dr. Clisham always took his time without rushing to see the next patient after me. His smooth and caring personality made it easier for me through this hard process.
I’ve been battling infertility for over 10 years due to my PCOS. After 2 failed IVF’s and 1 failed IUI in the past 8 years, I came to Dr. Clisham empty handed (with basically no hope) only because my husband asked me to try again. Of course the doctor began checking my hubbys semen (to ensure that he was fertile enough). Then, I was examined from head to toes, and that included an HSG (exam where your Fallopian tubes are checked for blockage and scarring). Just when we were about to start a cycle of Clomid and we were waiting for my period to come, I got the surprise of my life. My period never came down, so I took a pregnancy test 😊😊 which resulted in 💯% ➕➕➕‼️ I couldn’t believe that such a simple advice from Dr. Clisham was the key to our pregnancy. Thanks to him, today we have our precious little girl sent from heaven.
The nursing staff there is very compassionate and respectful about one’s situation. When my baby was 6 weeks old, I returned to the office without an appointment to present my baby. When the nurses saw me, they immediately recognized me and went crazy with my baby. That team is well equipped with people skills and with great communication .
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
As a new patient you shall know that the waiting minimal in the waiting room. Also it is located in a very comfortable location, easy to get to and close parking spaces. Also, all exams are done right there at the office unless it’s an HSG.
I was covered by my health insurance provider.
While we did not get to talk about IVF and it’s process, I already knew from my own experience what risks and benefits that encountered.