Good

2000 Canal St
New Orleans, LA 70112
504.702.5700

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Clisham was great at the beginning of the treatment plan. He explained everything in detail to me. During the course of treatment, I asked him to be more involved during the nursing instructions because I was getting confusing information. At one point towards the end of my time at the clinic, Dr. Clisham accused me of having a "pity party" after I was voicing to him my concerns about the nurses mistreatment to me. This drove a wedge between the doctor-patient relationship and lead me to seek care elsewhere.
[Fertility Institute of New Orleans is] Always disorganized. Never answers the phone. Calls back and leaves messages that are not in align with the plan. Does not communicate with doctor about plan. Rude to me in the clinic. On multiple occasions accused me of doing something wrong in the planning or not being "available enough" to schedule things...the clinic is so poorly run that it is impossible to feel like you have support when you go to this clinic. Feeling supported makes a huge difference!
How was your experience with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Go to another clinic. Dr. Clisham means well most of the time, but the clinic is so poorly run that it is impossible to feel like you have support when you go to this clinic. Feeling supported makes a huge difference!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and Eve)
Always disorganized. Never answers the phone. Calls back and leaves messages that are not in align with the plan. Does not communicate with doctor about plan. Rude to me in the clinic. On multiple occasions accused me of doing something wrong in the planning or not being "available enough" to schedule things. Told me I had to get a Lupron shot because she mixed it up already, when I wanted to speak to the doctor first about the timing of the injection since it lasted 1 month. Told me I needed to send in screen shots of my conversation with the doctor so they can had the plans on record. Isn't that what the office is for? For nurses and doctors to communicate about the plans?
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
>$35,000
Describe Paul Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
He only offered to transfer 1 embryo at a time
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Not helpful in getting some insurance-approved medications approved. I had to spend hours on the phone with insurance companies for approvals just to then hear them tell me they had not received an approval from the doctor yet.
Metairie

The Fertility Clinic at University Medical Center is full of students, and they are learning from Dr. Clisham, so don't expect that they are sure of what they will say...The strengths are: good equipment, organization. Weaknesses: They only work one day a week, which is Thursday. You can't go any day. And because of that, if you ask for an appointment, you will get it in months.
How was your experience with Paul Clisham at University Medical Center New Orleans?
Dr. Paul Clisham is kind, careful and patient. I always felt he cared about my case everytime I saw him during my appointments. The only appointments I got to see him were during the ultrasounds, because he was teaching the students how to do it. He was patient, quiet, confident. But what made me feel so bad about him is that he was always positive and saying that maybe next round would work, and that there are more treatments we could try (he never mention what other treatments, and I was new in all of this so I didn't ask because I trusted him) but on my last cycle with Clomid, he sent one of his students to tell me that there was nothing else they could do, that I had unexplicable fertility and that my only option was IVF. I asked if I could see Dr. Clisham to ask him about the other treatments he mentioned before, but he never came back and I never saw him again. Now I know about IUI, or other pills like Clomid we could've tried, but he just closed the door.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Clisham at University Medical Center New Orleans?
Talk about other options you may have if the first treatment doesn't work. Inform yourself, ask every question you may have, even if you think it's a dumb question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Clisham at University Medical Center New Orleans?
He was always respectful and kind, but his students were cold and they said the opposite of what Dr. Clisham said, like for example: the student said that I will have a bigger dose of Clomid for the next cycle, then 5 minutes after that, Dr. Clisham came in to the room saying that he was going to give me the same dose. That happened all the time, it was confusing and that made me feel like they were not even paying attention to the patients.
Describe the protocols Paul Clisham used in your cycles at University Medical Center New Orleans and their degree of success.
I said I was having negative results on ovulation tests for months, they started with blood tests to check that. They realized I wasn't ovulating, so they started Clomid (50mg). They said that if the first cycle didn't work they would double or triple the dose for the next cycle, but they never did it. So I did 2 cycles, then Dr. Clisham said that he was pretty sure that my body was ovulating on its own, so he stopped the treatment for two months. Didn't get pregnant, so he put me back on Clomid for another two cycles with the same dose. For the last two cycles he gave me Metformin, but it was like a bomb, I had nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, headache and I stopped only the Metformin and continued with the Clomid. Every month I had to go 7 days after my period started to have some blood tests, the next week for the vaginal ultrasound, next week for more blood tests and next week to check if I was pregnant. That happened every cycle. When I used Clomid I noticed that always one of my ovaries started to hurt, according to Dr. Clisham it was because of the ovulation and it was normal. He said everything was working and that my number of follicles was ok, the size and shape.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Medical Center New Orleans.
Nurses were most of the time in a bad mood, not always respectful. But there was one nurse, I don't remember her name, she was always caring and kind, she understood the process we were living, but the rest of them was giving the patients a hard time.
Describe your experience with University Medical Center New Orleans.
The Fertility Clinic at University Medical Center is full of students, and they are learning from Dr. Clisham, so don't expect that they are sure of what they will say. Dr. Clisham is the head of the department, so he is always busy and if you need something you will see one of his students. The strengths are: good equipment, organization. Weaknesses: They only work one day a week, which is Thursday. You can't go any day. And because of that, if you ask for an appointment, you will get it in months.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Clisham at University Medical Center New Orleans.
I was under a program that covered all my expenses, except medicine.
What specific things went wrong at University Medical Center New Orleans?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University Medical Center New Orleans.
When Dr. Clisham prescribed me Metphormine I told them I was having a hard time with it, I had diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, headache, I couldn't live my normal life because I had to run like 10 times a day to the bathroom. They told me it was normal and I had to take it, that my body would adjust to that in 2 months at least. It is not possible to live like that for 2 months. Also there were 2 or 3 times where they called me to an appointment and they didn't remember I was going, so they didn't have what they needed. To me it was disrespectful, because I had to wait for 2 hours to get in, and they to just drive 1 hour back to my house because they didn't pay attention to the schedule.
University Medical Center New Orleans
New Orleans
He [Dr. Clisham] is caring and offered many extracurricular programs such as detox yoga and diets. But he is old school and doesn’t try new things such as endo scratch for iui. He wanted resources and didn’t have time to read them. He is older and does things how he sees they have worked which could be good. ... Some of the protocols were generic and not specific to the situation.
The doctors and the nurses [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] were sOmetimes in different pages. I had a delay in Med order and the phone is horrible is routed to another clinic. ... I had a very rude nurse who didn’t know what I had spoken to the doctor about and told me not to waste my timing buying meds because they were cancelling my cycle. ... Strengths are they can accommodate most times for labs and ultrasounds. Weakness is new age technology and studies. They need to be researching what other clinics are doing.
He is caring and offered many extracurricular programs such as detox yoga and diets. But he is old school and doesn’t try new things such as endo scratch for iui. He wanted resources and didn’t have time to read them. He is older and does things how he sees they have worked which could be good.
Do your research and ask questions before treatment begins.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Some of the protocols were generic and not specific to the situation.
Describe the protocols Paul Clisham used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Our first cycle was just Femara and hcg with timed inter course. Our second was femara with injections follistim and ganerelix due to the fact I would ovulate on Friday and need iui on Sunday and they aren’t open. Iui still happened even though I ovulated. Third was same protocol except I started femara on days 4-9 and was able to have my cycle off of a weekend. Neither worked bfn!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I had a very rude nurse who didn’t know what I had spoken to the doctor about and told me not to waste my timing buying meds because they were cancelling my cycle. The rest of the staff was great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Strengths are they can accommodate most times for labs and ultrasounds. Weakness is new age technology and studies. They need to be researching what other clinics are doing. Invocell is new and promising and so is endometrial scratching. They are doing either. And I feel like they overcharge for a non iui non injections cycle.
Monitoring was $900 and blood work was covered by insurance Iui was $500 and sperm washing was $200
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
The doctors and the nurses were sOmetimes in different pages. I had a delay in Med order and the phone is horrible is routed to another clinic.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Ron Clisham] was attentive and nice. I just didn't feel like her remembered much about me during our visits and had to remind him what we had and had not done... i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me. During my time with him, I was not satisfied. However, having been through so much more and several other doctors since, I do not feel like it was his fault that we were not successful...We did 2 months of oral meds, one of those we did an IUI. Then we did 3 months of injectables with IUI's.
[At Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] We did 2 months of oral meds, one of those we did an IUI...Then we did 3 months of injectables with IUI's...somewhere around $10,000...The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is great. They always return phone calls and are fully prepared to answer questions...The clinic was great. No complaints...i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me.
How was your experience with Paul Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was nice, i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me. During my time with him, I was not satisfied. However, having been through so much more and several other doctors since, I do not feel like it was his fault that we were not successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
Know your plan of action before. Do not go in blind or unprepared. Also, take notes during your visits. You may need to remind him of some things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was attentive and nice. I just didn't feel like her remembered much about me during our visits and had to remind him what we had and had not done.
Describe the protocols Paul Clisham used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic was great. No complaints. He has moved to a new clinic now, though, and is no longer at Audubon Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Clisham at Audubon Fertility.
I have no idea what our total costs were with Dr. Clisham. Probably somewhere around $10,000
Describe Paul Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Audubon Fertility.
I really do not know. We never did an IVF round with him.
Audubon Fertility