Medical SchoolU. of Pennsylvania
ResidencyYale
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ronald Feinberg to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?
Dr. Fienburg really listened to our story and actually cared about our treatment. He was very thoughtful and honest about our odds of having a child... I was referred to dr. Feinburg after having blood test, hsg testing, and my husband doing testing for fertility by my obgyn doctor. At our first meeting with dr feinburg we went over the results and he stated it was male infertility factor. He then explained how it would look if we did iui treatment and the success rate. He then went over ivf treatment and states that he believed we would have a good chance at success with this.
How was your experience with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Feinburg is a great listener. He asked about our fertility journey and actually cared. He answered all questions we had and was explained every test and next step in full detail. I would recommend him to anyone for treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Ask a lot of questions because he will always answer them
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Describe the protocols Ronald Feinberg used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
I was referred to dr. Feinburg after having blood test, hsg testing, and my husband doing testing for fertility by my obgyn doctor. At our first meeting with dr feinburg we went over the results and he stated it was male infertility factor. He then explained how it would look if we did iui treatment and the success rate. He then went over ivf treatment and states that he believed we would have a good chance at success with this. He then went over additional testing for my husband and the medications I would need to start taking. After this discussion we decided we were going to try to have a fresh transfer and he went through what our journey would look like
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri )
Our coordinators name was dorri. She was great! She was very easy to talk to and very nice. She had our whole calendar ready and went over everything with us
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Scheduleing is great. For blood work I was about to go before Work at 6:30 in the morning this made it so I did not have to use my vacation time at work. Also they are open on the weekend for monitoring appointments
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
After insurance I still paid 10,000 dollars out of pocket for my treatment
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Be prepared to have some decisions to make yourself- Dr. Feinberg's style of explaining pros and cons, risks and benefits, means that you may be left to make the ultimate decision about your treatment plan where there are equally good options available to you...Dr. Feinberg is both brilliant and compassionate. He is committed to understanding his patients' underlying diagnosis so that he can best tailor and personalize their treatment, while also using known evidence to support his decisions. He articulates clearly pros and cons of treatment options when they are available and involves patients in decision making. His gentle bedside manner was also reassuring at the time of stressful procedures. And he celebrates your successes with you.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I felt that everyone in the office, from the patient care coordinator to receptionist to physician, understood how hard our journey had been and how important each step of the way was for us
First IVF cycle was an agonist protocol with high doses of FSH however this was unsuccessful for us and we retrieved only a few, poor quality eggs that did not produce blastocyts. Second IVF cycle was using "ministim" and this much gentler approach resulted in our best cycle ever that ultimately resulted in pregnancy with transfer of a PGS normal embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator Donna Reynolds)
Amazing attention to detail, even for things that seemed important to me but may have been more miniscule details
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths are small size, compassionate doctors who all seem to "know" your case no matter who you get. Office functions well- appts on time, friendly staff, easy to communicate with coordinator over email. Weakness- the person calling you with daily results and instructions is often non-clinical or at least doesn't seem to really know anything about you so are not prepared to answer your questions. They are more or less just a messenger. It was difficult to be receiving daily important instructions from someone whom I had never met and who didn't identify what their role was in the clinic.
Cycle of IVF with PGS was approximately $18000, including unlimited transfers of any embryos created and all monitoring and procedures
Describe Ronald Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strongly favors eSET
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Newark
He [Dr. Ronald Feinberg] was very honest and interested in what o had to say. He really seemed to care and took my opinion and past experiences into account. We only ran tests to try and find out if I was, as I put it, barren or not bit that's all we needed. He works with me to help find the problem!... I came to him with concerns about my ability to become pregnant after nearly a year and half of trying. I was unsure where to start and he was compassionate and understanding. He ordered multiple tests to understand my personal situation and how we could best go about my fertility.
I came to him with concerns about my ability to become pregnant after nearly a year and half of trying. I was unsure where to start and he was compassionate and understanding. He ordered multiple tests to understand my personal situation and how we could best go about my fertility. I don't see him long so I don't have anything negative I recall such as weaknesses and that jazz. I only had positive experiences with him.
Do your research and make sure you have a list of questions ready for him to answer so you get all the information you want.
He was very honest and interested in what o had to say. He really seemed to care and took my opinion and past experiences into account. We only ran tests to try and find out if I was, as I put it, barren or not bit that's all we needed. He works with me to help find the problem!
All we did was test different ways to check my fertility. After the one test where they inject dye into your uterus to check your tubes, I was able to get pregnant. We believe it may have just been blocked tubes
Super friendly, helpful, and overall pleasant. They were knowledgeable and never rude or showing impatience. Answered any questions I had no .matter how silly I thought they were.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I was a little confused with which office to visit for what as they aren't always in the same room. Other wise I can't complain. The rooms were clean, friendly, and welcoming. I never had a problem with the waiting room, bathroom, or anybody the exam rooms.
I remember my insurance not willing to pay for the services and the billing department worked with me to make it affordable! They were knowledgeable and friendly. Only wanting to help and not burden me with bills I couldn't pay so they helped find a way to make it work for me
We didn't have to do that.
2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Feinberg was very knowledgeable about his profession and described the process, the risks (including the risk of disappointment), and everything we needed to know in detail. He is a nice, caring man... The first round of IVF resulted in pregnancy. When that pregnancy ended suddenly and early we had a second unsuccessful round. The third and last round led to a full term pregnancy. In each round multiple embryos were transplanted to increase the odds with full knowledge that there may be multiple births. Both of the pregnancies resulted in twins.
2005 - 2012
European, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He does not hesitate so be prepared to hear the truth if the news is not good.
He and his team understood why we were seeking his help and was candid through-out the process. Dr. Feinberg was always nice. During my time there it was a busy place with a lot of patients cycling in and out for blood tests so sometimes it seemed we were on an assembly line. No fault of anyone, it was just busy.
I remember that I was referred to Dr. Feinberg for IVF by another doctor in the practice after fertility drugs did not work so by the time I met Dr. Feinberg IVF was the last course of treatment. Once I met him he described the process and began to schedule and institute the procedures. The first round of IVF resulted in pregnancy. When that pregnancy ended suddenly and early we had a second unsuccessful round. The third and last round led to a full term pregnancy. In each round multiple embryos were transplanted to increase the odds with full knowledge that there may be multiple births. Both of the pregnancies resulted in twins.
The nurses were great and patient. As I stated earlier at the time I was a patient it was a very busy practice so sometimes it was an assembly line when multiple patients came in for the blood tests.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic was very busy at the time I was a patient. Sometimes it seemed I was just cycled through, but that was only when I had to go in several times a week for blood draws. During the actual process your coordinator keeps in touch with you and is available for questions. After pregnancy is confirmed and you're nearing the end of the first trimester you are referred back to your OB to continue care. I would have liked it if the clinic had checked in during the pregnancy to see how you were doing, but they didn't.
I only remember co-pays. Insurance covered all of my procedures so I did not have many out of pocket costs.
We understood the approach of multiple embryo transfer and were willing to accept the possibility of multiple births. One of the reasons this approach was selected was due to my advancing age and wanted to increase the odds of success.
Newark
Dr. Feinberg is very respectful and informative. He explains everything in detail and answers all questions honestly. He listens to your concerns and takes the time to address every question. He explains the risks related to each procedure and explains each part of treatment in detail.... Dr. Feinberg and the team at Reproductive Associates treat their patients like they are important. They give you the time you need to get all of your questions answered. They work as a team to help provide the best treatment.
Dr. Feinberg is very straightforward.
The IVF coordinators are amazing. They are always available to answer questions or address concerns. They are compassionate and respectful in all interactions. They show empathy during the rough times.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is amazing. Every staff member I have had contact with has been nothing short of amazing. The doctors work as a team, meeting to discuss each patient's protocol and next steps. They continue to keep you involved in your treatment plan and always have another protocol to try if something doesn't work. Everyone shows compassion when working with patients. The staff is always willing to answer questions or listen to concerns.
My insurance provide not IFV coverage, so I was a elf-pay patient. My costs were comparable to other clinics and was what we expected to pay for treatment.
Dr. Feinberg strongly believes in single embryo transfers. It is the safest method for transfer. He keeps the patient's health in mind and wants the healthiest pregnancy for his patients.
2011 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I also wish he [Dr. Ronald Feinberg] would have been a little more firm in what he thought the best course of action for our situation was. I would ask questions about some form of treatment I had heard of that was successful for a friend, or ask about IUI before doing IVF and a lot of the time he would say that we could try it, whereas I'd prefer someone being a little more blunt or firm with why those options weren't a good idea...Felt like he was personally invested, he even came in on a day off to do a transfer himself. The only thing I would have liked to see different was for him to follow up after a transfer and after a negative pregnancy test. You don't really get to see him until the day of a transfer.
2011 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He was very helpful when we saw him, he gave us our daughter so we are forever indebted to him and the practice. He came in on a day off to do a transfer himself so I did feel like he was invested. However, other than the initial consultations and transfers, you never got to see him. You dealt strictly with the nurses and clinical staff (who were wonderful). I also wish he would have been a little more firm in what he thought the best course of action for our situation was. I would ask questions about some form of treatment I had heard of that was successful for a friend, or ask about IUI before doing IVF and a lot of the time he would say that we could try it, whereas I'd prefer someone being a little more blunt or firm with why those options weren't a good idea.
Ask him what he thinks is truly the best option for you. Ask him to be blunt and what he would do in your shoes so you don't waste time on things that more than likely won't work.
I don't remember the protocols
They were all wonderful. They were understanding and sympathetic and I felt like the all cared.
efficient, clean, welcoming
We took part in the mini-stim program so was appreciative of the reduced costs
he preferred eSET
2006 - 2016
Dr Feinberg was absolutely amazing. He took the time to describe the plans and details of everything. The risks and possible outcomes were laid out for us to understand from day 1. He was always very pleasant and soft spoken.... My first IVF in 2005 was more time consuming trying to identify issues. I had a hydrosalphinx. Plan was to remove my tube and proceed with IVF. I had a cycle of hormones, egg retrieval and transfer of 2 eggs. My daughter is now 10! Second cycle was in 2015, we did a cycle of hormones, egg retrieval and a transfer of one egg. My daughter is now 2!
2006 - 2016
To expect great service and care!
I always felt like everyone cared from the doctor to the office staff. The one on one care you receive is great during a time that is so rough. I never felt like the doctor wasn't on my side or there to help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy and Dori)
The staff all around the office from nursing to the lab and the office staff were all amazing! Well organized and always on top of everything! Very pleasant to work with each cycle
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I absolutely love this office and recommend them to anyone! I like that the office is well organized and you never not know what is next. Our plans were always mapped out on a calender and I always knew what to expect!
Not sure totals but under 20,000 each cycle
2008 - 2015
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Ronald Feinberg] was very thorough and honest about our situation and care. He was always up front yet compassionate when giving us information. He seemed knowledgeable about my history despite having tons of patients.... Ivf: I started on the pill to get my cycle on the dates they wanted. Meds (can’t remember names): injections in the belly to build up egg production, egg retrieval, embryos created, 1 embryo transfer. We did only one each time because of my age and that our infertility was from the male side
2008 - 2015
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
He was very thorough and honest about our situation and care. He was always up front yet compassionate when giving us information. He seemed knowledgeable about my history despite having tons of patients.
Listen to what he has to say and review all your options that he suggests
Very personable care, he and all staff knew my case
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Amy ALWAYS knew my name and case. All nurses were kind, caring and compassionate. I never felt embarrassed or uncomfortable in any situation
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
This clinic makes you feel like you are their only patient. Especially back in 2008 when I started with them. As the years went on, I do feel like it got a little too big and they lost some of that extra personal touch. Overall, though, they were always organized and on top of all my medical needs
Insurance covered most of my cycle costs. When I did have out of pocket expenses, the office was very helpful and worked with me.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Wilmington
The doctors positive attitude and outlook kept me coming back even when things got hard. I knew I was in the best hands and I was getting the best care.... I felt like a human. Through everything he [Dr. Feinberg] was always friendly, always honest and very kind... He was always friendly, honest, caring, encouraging and even funny. He would sense my tension and help ease me and my husband through it all.
It’s been almost 3 years since my IVF experience so specifics are fuzzy. However, I remember going through it and thinking I couldn’t imagine having a different doctor. The doctors positive attitude and outlook kept me coming back even when things got hard. I knew I was in the best hands and I was getting the best care. I have recommended him and the other doctors there over and over again. He was always friendly, honest, caring, encouraging and even funny. He would sense my tension and help ease me and my husband through it all.
Trust him and trust the process.
I felt like a human. Through everything he was always friendly, always honest and very kind
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
Nursing staff in general made me always feel welcome , I always felt that I was among friends
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
New patients should know that they care about each and every individual person that comes through the clinic. They don’t just want your business they truly want to help you start a family. I remember that they were very helpful through each step from the financial aspect to the medical aspect to being my cheerleaders.
I believe they felt that the success rate was higher with single embryo transfer
Newark
Dr Feinberg was always kind and compassionate at each visit. He was extremely good at explaining all the steps along the way. My husband and I felt confident in each decision and informed on each and every process along the way.... Always felt heard and all questions answered in a timely manner. Always felt like they had time for us and we were never rushed through any discussions or decisions. Entire staff was kind and considerate. throughout process.
If you have questions about anything just ask!
Absolutely incredible staff in every way!! Showed genuine care and concern for us during the entire process and supportive each and every visit. Can’t express how impressed we were with the entire team!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Every member of this staff was incredible. They all showed genuine concern for what we were going through and always ready to help and answer questions at any time! Staff always professional and easy to work with and flexible.
Approximately $20,000
2011 - 2014
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Through IUI treatments, an IVF cycle, and a battle with thyroid cancer, Reproductive Associates of Delaware truly felt like my family during my 2.5 year journey. I felt like they cared about me and were cheering for me all the way. Dr. Feinberg was a source of hope throughout my entire experience. He was the perfect balance - knowledgeable, humble, and motivating! He and his staff provided the utmost care and I am so thankful to them for my dream come true - my little boy!
2011 - 2014
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
They were incredibly caring. I felt like they were cheering for me the whole time.