Medical SchoolAmerican U. of Beirut
FellowshipCornell
1305 York Avenue
657 Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rony Elias to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
2015 - 2019
Dr Elias is a very good listener who is willing to do everything he can to achieve our goals together. Our situation is very complicated with very low chances to conceive, but he never made us feel that it was impossible. He's ready to explore every treatment, every solution for us to get pregnant. I will never change for another doctor because he's really aware of our situation and always tries to do the best for us.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As I said before, he's willing to try everything for us to get pregnant. I am deeply convinced that he thinks of our situation outside our appointments with him, because he always come back with new solutions or treatment. I have a really good feeling with him and give him all of my trust. I am truly convinced that if I get pregnant one day, it will be with his help.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't hesitate to ask him everything you wish for. He will find a way if he can. I believe he's truly a good person beside his doctor qualifications.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Rony Elias used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I don't have any trouble to conceive, but my husband has. On the first IVF round, we didn't find any sperm to try a embryo transfer. Later, he got in touch with my husband's doctor and find some new way to create sperm. So we got one embryo to transfer. Didn't get pregnant. During next years, we had the chance to have some more embryo to transfer, I did two transfer of two embryo (day 3 each) . Didn't get pregnant either. Now I think he wants to change something, I will have to see with him next time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Artusa and Jane Mary Taraf )
At first I was communicating with Lisa Artusa, she was really sweet, caring and always there when I had questions. It's been two years or so now that a new nurse came (Jane Mary Taraf) and she is also amazing. Always there, responsive, so sweet. I have some trouble for my bloodworks because I have some really little veins. I almost faint everytime and she's here to take care of me, she stays until everything is over and she has so much compassion. Thanks God she's here! I feel like I can tell her everything.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This clinic strengths are that they are really advanced on a technological, medical, research basis. The lab is really amazing and always try to improve, find new treatments. If you are dealing with a severe trouble to conceive, don't hesitate one second to go to them because they will surely find a way to get out. Weaknesses are the costs of course... You have to pay for success. Some people find also that it's like a factory because there is so much women and patient who are dealing with that and sometimes you will maybe have the feeling to be treated like a number. But I will definitely tell you something, most of fertility clinics are like that. This doesn't bother me or my husband, but I can understand that some women prefer more intimacy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Sometimes it's really crowded and you have to wait a little but it's really not that long. Doctors are very professional during ultrasound and nurses very caring for bloodworks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really can't tell because he's part of general costs that we pay for IVF.
Describe Rony Elias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I'm young (28) and when I started IVF with him I was 25, he insists of not putting a lot of embryo at the same time; he prefer to put one, or maximum two.
Upper East Side

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Elias has great bedside manner and always took the time to answer my questions and explain things in a way I could understand. He always seems as though he genuinely cares. ... I feel he was careful to tailor my protocols just for me, and adjusted them for next time when it wasn’t working. He took the time to call me personally after my first egg retrieval, and again after my D&C to see how I was doing. I really appreciated that personal touch.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I feel Dr. Elias is very knowledgeable and I trusted him completely with my care. He always takes as much time with you as you need to ask questions. He actually seems to care. I feel he was careful to tailor my protocols just for me, and adjusted them for next time when it wasn’t working. He took the time to call me personally after my first egg retrieval, and again after my D&C to see how I was doing. I really appreciated that personal touch. I also liked that he did most of my monitoring ultrasounds, rather than an ultrasound tech.
Be proactive and ask questions. He has no problem explaining things in a way you can understand.
We did 4 rounds of IVF, first 3 with the estrogen priming antagonist protocol (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix). For the fourth cycle, we added clomid for the first 5 days. I responded best on the first cycle (3 eggs), poor response the next 2 (one egg each), and a little better on the fourth (2 eggs). We did get pregnant from our very first cycle (transferred 2 day 3s, one stuck), but ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks from trisomy 15. Second cycle was a chemical, third I had a positive hpt but negative beta (likely another chemical), fourth cycle a BFN. A few weeks after our 4th cycle, we managed to get pregnant on our own and I’m currently 8 weeks along. I feel as though maybe the fertility treatments may have helped.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Artusa)
Lisa, Dr. Elias’s main IVF nurse, is ok. I generally felt pretty rushed when talking on the phone with her and occasionally she gave incorrect information. I really like Jane, one of the other nurses. The nursing staff in general is great at this clinic.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is a large clinic and a well-oiled machine. They know their stuff. Monitoring generally moves very quickly, as they have a large nursing staff. A doctor almost always does all your ultrasounds, but may not always be your primary doc. Egg retrievals and transfers are done by the doc on-call that day. I found all the docs to be very good. The clinic is associated with New York Presbyterian, which I found to be an absolutely wonderful hospital.
Monitoring in Westchester is pretty quick, as it’s a small satellite office. Monitoring in NYC also is generally pretty quick, as they have a large nursing staff. There are a lot more patients in the main NYC office, but the waiting area is comfortable. Monitoring is very early (6:30-8:30 in the city and 7:30-9 in Westchester).
We were lucky to have infertility coverage through insurance, so we only paid copays.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Elias is extremely intelligent and knows his stuff. Among other tests, he did a HSG and felt one of my tubes was questionable and told me I would need a lap. However, when the radiologist read the images, the radiologist read them as normal. Dr Elias then said we should hold off on the lap and try some clomid cycles, some with IUI. They didn’t work and finally I told him I wanted the lap and to move to ivf which he agreed to readily. Turned out my left tube was completely blocked, Black, twisted, a total mess and had to be removed. I wish Dr Elias had been more aggressive and gone with his gut feeling after the HSG that the tube was not right and recommended a lap from the beginning (which I would have been fine with) - especially since previous to developing the tube issue developing, I’d always gotten pregnant on the first month of trying (although many ended in miscarriage). I wasted 7 months and a large chunk of my insurance money on IUIs and clomid cycles that were never going to work with that tube. At the age of 42, the wasted 7 months was the hardest to swallow. Shortly after tube surgery, i had a failed ivf cycle, but then got pregnant naturally 2 months later. With that said, Dr Elias knows his stuff and is a kind and caring doctor - wish he’d been more aggressive particularly with my age.
If you want to try something other than what Dr Elias suggests, bring it up - you don’t always need to follow his advice. He is pretty amenable to doing what you want at the end of the day. He was even willing to work with a reproductive immunologist (Dr Braverman) and make changes to the ivf protocol that I suggested.
Dr Elias frequently checked in with me and was always very quick to respond to my emails. More to the point, when my ivf cycle failed he left me a voicemail and expressed his sympathy. During our follow up appointment soon after, he was caring, but also realistic presenting all the facts.
2 clomid cycles with timed inter course. 1 clomid cycle with IUI. 1 ivf with estrogen prime, menopur, gonal-f, cetrotide - produced 9 eggs, 4 fertilized, day 3 fresh transfer of 3 embryos (bfn) and the other 2 embryos didn’t make it to feeeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nursing staff in NYC upper east side was very busy and I felt like just a number - which was fine. I had most monitoring visits in the satellite office in Mt Kisco and the nurse there wasn’t too friendly not talkative, but she was overall ok - that didn’t bother me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They have an excellent lab, are organized. Definitely felt like a number in the NYC office, but the Mt Kisco satellite office was much more personable. Often very long waits for monitoring at the NYC upper east side and a complete cattle call. Monitoring hours were 7-9am which was tough for me to make.
NYC Upoer east side was a cattle call - I only went there on weekends and would sometimes have to wait 2 hours With every seat taken in their extremely large waiting room. Mt Kisco Office was much better, much more personable with sometimes no wait, and never more than 45 Min wait.
They were covered under my Fertility insurance, but the costs at Cornell are very high. About $15K per cycle plus then add on service - freezing, ICSI etc
Dr Elias said with my age, 42, he recommended day 3 transfer of 3-4 embryos to give me the best chance of pregnancy (embryos do better back in the body) and PGS testing on remaining embryos to freeze.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Both time Dr. Elias opted to transfer 3. I took his advice both times. ... He is really compassionate and always recommends the route he feels is best without pushing you. He gives you the facts and is patient about any and all questions you may have. He is always available and always gets back to you either directly or through one of his great staff [Weilll Cornell]. ... After various testing we had unexplained infertility and he recommended a cycle being monitored on clomid with timed intercourse ...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias was responsible for our first miracle and we are currently trying for our second miracle. We first went to him in 2016 after failing to get pregnant and after miscarriage. After various testing we had unexplained infertility and he recommended a cycle being monitored on clomid with timed intercourse based on ultrasound monitoring which we did and did not work. That was followed by clomid cycles for IUI which did not work either and although Dr Elias recommended one more IUI we opted for IVF as our insurance didn’t cover either so we opted for more of a sure thing. We were pregnant with our son after 1 IVF cycle using fresh embryos. Unfortunately we did not have any left to freeze but we were over the moon with our little boy.
Don’t give up hope. Dr. Elias will do whatever he can to help you.
Dr. Elias is simply the best dr. He is really compassionate and always recommends the route he feels is best without pushing you. He gives you the facts and is patient about any and all questions you may have. He is always available and always gets back to you either directly or through one of his great staff.
My protocol for IVF started with estrogen patch and on day 2 injections of 225 Gonal F with 150 menopur with adding cetrotide half way through. He retrieved 12 or 13 eggs and 7 or 8 were mature and fertilized via ICSI. We transferred 3, none were viable enough to freeze and we were pregnant! 2 years later we went back for #2 with exact same protocol, one left to freeze which unfortunately ended up in a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks. We will be continuing to try with Dr Elias when he says we can!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jane and Lisa)
Everyone associated with Dr. Elias and Cornell are amazing. They all care about their patients and will jump through hoops for you. Dr. Elias will check in with you over the weekend, you always get a call back from him or anyone ranging from Jessica in the office to JoAnne one of the nurses in Mt Kisco to Jane And Lisa in the city. All are amazing and sensitive to whatever the situation.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was lucky enough to do most of my monitoring with Dr Elias himself in Mt Kisco. In the event it’s over a weekend or holiday and you have to go to city it definitely feels more of a factory but they are organized and it moves quickly even though you may be overwhelmed by the amount of women in the waiting room. Same with retrieval and transfer day all done in city .. but again very organized and systematic. But that makes it less personal I’m sure for any city patient but dr Elias mt. Kisco location is really the best
Easy Some days you waited longer than others but dr Elias and team always did their best to keep it moving.
10,500 initial Approx 5,000 on meds 1500 - 2000 approx for facility fee/anesthesia 3,000 for ICSI and frozen embryo
Both time Dr. Elias opted to transfer 3. I took his advice both times.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Elias] uses an estrogen patch prior to he initiation of a cycle in an attempt to keep eggs growing at a similar rate and retrieve more mature eggs. He did a double trigger (lupron/ovidrel or lupron/bHCG) and also at times extends your trigger-retrieval interval to 37 hours based on recent evidence that 1-2 hours of extra in vivo time will better mature eggs...extremely attentive and answered all my questions intelligently. He did it ignore, belittle, or minimize any concerns. I think he’s intelligent and caring.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Strengths — answers emails extremely quickly. Objectively assessed my results even when he wasn’t on call — another physician personally mentioned that he called for more information about my ultrasound during morning monitoring one weekend. Weaknesses — clinic can be disorganized and doctors can fall victim to nurses basically trying to apply protocols that don’t always fit — they can’t catch every issue on every patient and still be a functional member of society.
Nothing specific.
Dr Elias was extremely attentive and answered all my questions intelligently. He did it ignore, belittle, or minimize any concerns. I think he’s intelligent and caring.
He uses an estrogen patch prior to he initiation of a cycle in an attempt to keep eggs growing at a similar rate and retrieve more mature eggs. He did a double trigger (lupron/ovidrel or lupron/bHCG) and also at times extends your trigger-retrieval interval to 37 hours based on recent evidence that 1-2 hours of extra in vivo time will better mature eggs.
Lisa Artusa is amazing. So sweet and lovely. Just makes you feel special and never a burden. Reminder of nurses were always nice.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths — Huge number of cycles and success. Weaknesses — So many cycles that you really have to be on top of things and watch everything yourself. Closely. There were several near misses. Nurses and at times, even other doctors during monitoring try to apply protocol themselves. You have to be vigilant to ensure the plan that your physician set forth is being followed.
Morning monitoring takes a long time. I would get there sometimes 45 minutes prior to opening (6:30) so that I could be first and make it to work by 7:30. If you arrive after 6:30 AM, you might be there for an hour.
Medications cost a lot. Only $1800 was covered by my insurance. The balance of the treatment was covered and I paid co pays and some residual costs.
I transferred 2 embryos. I don’t know what his policy is for other patients.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Elias did my retrieval even though he wasn't scheduled to do so (he was on call in the office) which I really appreciated...I ended up having 8 eggs, which was much higher than either of us expected. We had also expected to need to do a day 3 transfer, but we were able to do a day 5 transfer of a fresh embryo and then freeze the remaining 3. Unfortunately, the transfer was not successful. We plan on trying a frozen transfer with the remaining embryos and are hopeful we will have success in the coming months. I really like Dr. Elias - I find him to be very statistics focused, and he is well-read about all of the current research. My only complaint is that sometimes I find him a bit hard to understand as he has a bit of an accent and speaks quickly. However, that has not impacted my care in any way. I highly
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias diagnosed me very easily with the HSG test and found a hydrosalpinx in my right fallopian tube (where I had my ovary removed 15 years ago). He did the surgery to remove that tube and ended up removing the left tube as well, as it was also diseased and he did not want it to cause another miscarriage (I had one a year ago, likely due to the blocked tube). He did an excellent job on my surgery - I had laparoscopic surgery years ago to remove my ovary due to a dermoid cyst, and my recovery was MUCH worse then. I had very little pain and healed quickly after the surgery. We started IVF the next month. Dr. Elias did my retrieval even though he wasn't scheduled to do so (he was on call in the office) which I really appreciated. There was a possibility I was going to need to have a trans-abdominal retrieval and he wanted to be the one to do it. Thankfully, that did not happen and I ended up having 8 eggs, which was much higher than either of us expected. We had also expected to need to do a day 3 transfer, but we were able to do a day 5 transfer of a fresh embryo and then freeze the remaining 3. Unfortunately, the transfer was not successful. We plan on trying a frozen transfer with the remaining embryos and are hopeful we will have success in the coming months. I really like Dr. Elias - I find him to be very statistics focused, and he is well-read about all of the current research. My only complaint is that sometimes I find him a bit hard to understand as he has a bit of an accent and speaks quickly. However, that has not impacted my care in any way. I highly recommend him!
I did not realize that I would need to go to the Upper East Side office so often - you have to go there for all procedures, classes and weekend monitoring. I moved to Westchester a few months ago and figured that everything would be in Westchester in the Mt. Kisco office, but that was not correct. That being said, I like having access to the Cornell team but able to see Dr. Elias in the Mt. Kisco office which is smaller and less intimidating and factory-like than the UES office.
Dr. Elias knew me and my situation and I never felt like a number. His staff in Mt Kisco also knew me and they were all very kind and helpful.
I used 225 UI of Follistim and 150 of Menopur and then added in Ganirelix towards the end of my stim cycle. I was given Lupron and HCG as my trigger and then I opted to use Crinone instead of Progesterone in Oil after my transfer, as I was very anxious about additional shots.
Lisa has been great to work with, and is very responsive to emails and calls. I saw her once at my initial meeting and then during weekend monitoring, I ran into her in the blood work room. She remembered me and was very sweet. She was also incredibly sweet when she called to tell me I was not pregnant - I imagine a very difficult call to have to make. I also interacted a lot with Jessica and Joanne at the Mt. Kisco office and they are both lovely.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like going to the Mt. Kisco office because it doesn't feel like a factory, in contrast with the UES office. I also really like that I saw Dr. Elias every time I was there, as I know many others who did not have that experience of seeing their specific doctor. My only complaint was that I didn't realize I would have to go to the UES office so much - and the parking there is super expensive, and the drive can be challenging.
If I was going in for monitoring at Mt. Kisco, I would get there about 30-45 minutes before they opened so that I could swipe in as early as possible. I work at a school and I'm supposed to be in at 8:15, so I needed to go in early; however, on a day when I didn't have to work I went in later and the wait was not bad at all. So if I had more flexibility, I wouldn't have to have gotten there so early. The monitoring on the UES felt much more "factory-like", however, I never had to wait all that long there either.
I did not have insurance coverage. The IVF cycle cost $10500, my medications ended up costing $5900, the freezing of our embryos cost $1000 and we paid about $1000 for a sounding test and for sperm analysis.
We opted to transfer one embryo as we were very concerned about having twins. We may eventually try two in our frozen transfers, but wanted to be conservative initially.
Westchester

Dr. Elias is very good about laying things out and having very candid conversations. He has always had a calming effect on me even when he's delivering bad news. He gives me as much time as I need to ask my questions. I never feel like he's rushing me out the door...He has always been very patient with me in allowing me to ask questions. I never feel like he is rushing me. He is very kind when I've been upset.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Do not be afraid to ask questions or ask for clarification.
My first 3 IUIs were with Clomid. I produced 1or 2 mature follicles each time. My 4th IUI was an injectible cycle using Menopur and I had 3 mature follicles. My first IVF cycle involved Menopur, Gonal-F and Cetrotide. Dr. Elias thought I had 5 mature follicles, but on retrieval day, they were only able to get 3 because the other 2 were too immature and wouldn't have made it. All 3 eggs fertilized, but 1 developed abnormal cells and was not viable. The other 2 were graded as a 1.5 and a 2 and were transferred on day 3. My second IVF cycle involved Lupron, Menopur and Gonal-F. I did not respond well to this protocol and an ultrasound and MRI revealed a large tumor on my sacrum which led to my cycle being canceled. The tumor has been removed and I am now recovering from surgery and hope to resume IVF in May.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Devin for IUI and Lisa for IVF)
They always contacted me in a timely manner and took time to answer all of my questions and explain everything to me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic has an excellent reputation and operates like a well oiled machine. I like this, however, it can feel like a mill.
My insurance covered 3 IUI cycles. The rest I have paid out of pocket.

2013 - 2017
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I was at another clinic in NYC where I had a negative experience with the dr rushing us through clomid cycles and overstimulating me on Follistim before even trying Clomid. We left that clinic after a referral from a colleague to try Cornell. I picked Dr Elias because he had experience with septate uteruses, which is what I had had. He was immediately responsive and after 2-3 cycles with him I was pregnant. He started slowly and really paid attention. After my first child turned 1, we went back to him to try for another baby. I had 6 iuis (Clomid cycles) last year. I was pregnant on the third one but miscarried and then again on the sixth but it was ectopic. So in terms of helping me get pregnant, I am happy with Dr. Elias. I don't know that there was anything else he could have done to avoid the pregnancy losses. Sometimes I did feel that he didn't grasp how awful the pregnancy loss was for us - the devastation we felt - or maybe he does but doesn't get into the emotions. Hard to say. He did spend a decent amount of time with us with both losses explaining options and future options. One thing also to note is that when we started seeing him he was more available and less rushed. Now he seems to have a much larger caseload.
Trust him to know your case. But also ask questions.
Dr Elias replies to emails regularly even over the weekend. When I was having an ectopic pregnancy - I was in a tremendous amount of pain and he replied to my emails over night. Though I don't see him usually more than once or twice a cycle, I feel like he follows my case closely.
With my first pregnancy, the follicle size got to 24mm. This is larger than it needed to be to move to the trigger shot. However, this resulted in a viable pregnancy. So he used this same method for all my Clomid cycles lat year (6 of them). Two resulted in pregnancies. Neither was viable, however.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Devon Klauck)
She calls back and answers questions all the time. Sometimes there is a delay in reply as she is out of the office now and then. When someone is covering for her there is not always the same level of quality in communications and care.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic has the system down to a science and operates like a well-oiled machine. These types of clinics can often make one feel like an animal in their treatment of patients, but I haven't felt that here. The waiting area is well situated and waiting times for daily monitoring are minimal. The only problem for me is that it is a pain to get there. One area for improvement is their billing department. Last year they double charged me several appointments. My have colleagues who use this clinic who have said that it has been a nightmare as well working with the billing department.
Only my co-pays for drugs. My insurance covers iuis and the meds for iuis but not IVF. We have not done IVF yet.

2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Elias] helped me have my first child at the age of 42 with my own eggs- my chances then were just about 5%.He was very attentive and explained everything about the procedure... He PERSONALLY came an did the transfer and the retrieval of the eggs. I have a history of Fibroids and myomectomies so he thought we might need to do an abdominal retrieval.
2012 - 2017
Investment Banker
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Fertility Medicine is a calling to Dr. Elias. It is evident in the time he takes to CAREFULLY and RESPECTIVELY explain your course of treatments. My first IVF with resulted in a live birth of a health baby girl. He PERSONALLY came an did the transfer and the retrieval of the eggs. I have a history of Fibroids and myomectomies so he thought we might need to do an abdominal retrieval. My second IVF with him was unsuccesful - but in all fairness I was almost 45 at the time trying to go with my own eggs. In my heart, I knew my changes were low, but I still wanted to try. He did not discourage me at all - he said my uterus was totally fine. In the second IVF, we did an abdominal retrieval and got just 3 eggs and transfered 3 embryos. Sadly, I did not get pregnant, but I cannot complain too much, because Dr Elias helped me have my first child at the age of 42 with my own eggs- my chances then were just about 5%. I have referred 2 of my friends to him and they all have families of their own too. I will remain eternally grateful to him and will continue to refer patients to him!
Sometimes he speaks fast, but all you need to do is ask him to repeat himself, which he is happy to do!
He was very attentive and explained everything about the procedure. I felt he was VERY vested in getting us pregnant!
I know I used A LOT of drugs! I think I was taking like 450 units of Follistim daily, and 150 menopur daily and I stimulated for 10 days each time. But I am older, so maybe needed more drugs. Either way, it worked the first time at age 41/42. So I guess he knew what he was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Artura)
Lisa is a riot!! She made the process so easy. She was organized and a pleasure to work with. My first IVF worked and the 2nd failed. She was so sad when she called to give me the news about the failed IVF. She and Dr. Elias make a great team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is like a factory! That did not bother me at all - my focus was on getting RESULTS! In the results department, they are excellent. The doctors and nurses are simply amazing. Don't be overwhelmed or intimidated by the set-up there. Just focus on why you are there and don't be a stress freak - it is not even good for your chances. I did acupuncture for many months also which helped me with the stress reduction during the process.
Insurance covered most of my costs including my drugs.
We transferred 2 or 3 embryos each time. That was what I had anyone, so there was nothing to freeze.
Westchester

He [Dr. Elias] does seem to know what he is doing, is very plugged into the latest research/reports/technology and treatment, is positive...During what was the most painful (physically and emotionally) time - during my ectopic pregnancy - he hardly checked in on me, I felt totally in the dark, he was very cavalier about surgery vs. drugs to remove, and once the surgery was over didn't call to check up on me that night or the next day.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Strengths: He does seem to know what he is doing, is very plugged into the latest research/reports/technology and treatment, is positive - never for a second do i think i won't get pregnant eventually - and this is weird but he has the gentlest touch with sonograms - literally don't feel a thing. He also did surgery to remove my right tube - and i have recovered with no issues and the tiniest scares. Weaknesses: During what was the most painful (physically and emotionally) time - during my ectopic pregnancy - he hardly checked in on me, I felt totally in the dark, he was very cavalier about surgery vs. drugs to remove, and once the surgery was over didn't call to check up on me that night or the next day. I had a very bad reaction to anesthesia and the hospital was forcing me to leave…if he had called i'm sure they would have treated me differently. And then when I got home I was panicked that I felt so bad, was bleeding, etc - and felt like I didn't know what to expect/what was normal/what wasn't. Right now I'm deciding if I want to stay with him for future treatment or see someone else in the practice.
Realize this is a first for many of us - the struggle, the delight, the disappointment - and to be better about communicating with patients - giving them the general context, the options and the details. I will say whenever i have expressed concern - or reached out - Dr. Elias has always called me back and given me the dedicated time.
In general Weill Cornell is a bit of a factory - they move a lot of women through the practice. My interactions with Dr. Elias have been less than expected since he is between NYC and Westchester. He is always very polite and informative - and I do really like him - but he can be very cold. Like when I first found out my pregnancy was not viable and I would miscarry he said "This is a good thing -you can get pregnant" - or when I later had to have surgery for what was an ectopic pregnancy he seemed very cavalier about removing the tube. I'm sure he sees everything 10X a day - but this was a first pregnancy, first miscarriage and then first surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Devon)
Devon calls every day on the dot at 3:30 - she is very sweet/compassionate and knows what she is talking about.
Most was covered by my insurance - just had to pay deductible and co-pays.

2013
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner. He is kind, patient and is invested in his patients care and success...However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. If seeing the same doctor regularly and for the majority of the procedures is important to a patient, perhaps a smaller practice would be more appropriate.
2013
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias was always a pleasure to see. He was always kind and patient when I had a lot of questions. He called me after hours when he needed to tell me important information related to my care. Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner.
Dr. Elias is one doctor of a group of doctors at Weill-Cornell at NY Presbyterian Medical Center. He was my main doctor and responsible for my care. However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. If seeing the same doctor regularly and for the majority of the procedures is important to a patient, perhaps a smaller practice would be more appropriate.
Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner. He is kind, patient and is invested in his patients care and success. He is very knowledgeable about infertility, about his patients needs and explains things thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Siobhan)
Because Weill-Cornell is such a huge hospital with a big fertility center, I didn't spend too much time actually speaking to Siobhan. However, whenever I did have a question about something or when the team needed to be in contact with me, it was always seamless. I never had any issue.
I did most of my monitoring (generally Monday through Friday) in the Mt. Kisco (Westchester) office. They always started with blood work first. Because it is a smaller office, there is only one technician (or there was only one technician when I was there in the summer-fall 2013). There would be a wait for blood work but it wasn't so bad. If I got there around 7:45am, a half hour before Dr. Elias even arrived, then I would be among the first to be seen. Dr. Elias is there Monday-Thursday for ultrasounds for those who need them (not for every monitoring appointment). He has an ultrasound technician there on Fridays to cover for him. On weekends and holidays, I had to travel to the upper east side of Manhattan to be seen in the main hospital. Of course that is quite busy because it is a NY hospital. It's kind of like a cattle call, but I accepted it as just something that goes along with being a patient at a top notch hospital!
That's the one thing I don't remember too well!

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Elias has a very good bedside manner. He always checked in, followed up and did his best to be at and do my transfers himself.... He is very smart, well researched and overall, a good doctor. However, I think my case was just out of his scope and he, nor anyone else at Cornell, was willing to think outside of the box.... He was definitely in favor of eSET because of potential complications with carrying multiples. However, he was much more open to transferring two blasts when the first 2 eSET failed.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I really like Dr. Elias. He is very smart, well researched and overall, a good doctor. However, I think my case was just out of his scope and he, nor anyone else at Cornell, was willing to think outside of the box.
Is you are a very clear cut case, he will be a great doctor for you. If you consider yourself more of a challenge especially in the unknown category, then I would recommend venturing elsewhere.
IVF with single embryo transfer followed by multiple frozen transfers. While my egg retrieval was very successful with multiple good quality blasts, all transfers failed.
The nursing staff seemed pretty good in the main NYC office. However, the staff at the Westchester office is terrible! So much so that one of the times I had called for just rescheduling an appointment, one of the two staff members there pretended to be the other. Extremely unprofessional (I also work in healthcare).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The lab at Cornell is exceptional. That was one of the draws for me to go there in the first place. However, it is a huge institution and morning monitoring in the city is like a giant, awkward cattle call.
At the Westchester office, it was pretty straight forward. There were monitoring hours and you would wait in a first come first basis. It was never very busy. This is definitely not the same for the main office in NYC.
My insurance covered everything.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Elias comes across as an evidence driven Doctor. Being in the healthcare field myself this was a very valuable quality in a Doctor. He has always been respectful and tends to take calculated risks....Dr Elias is part of a large practice. Although a great doctor, his time can appear to be limited perhaps due to the large hospital system he is part of. Extremely result driven. Very uptodate on literature and ongoing trial data.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be prepared for the industrial experience!
Good ovarian reserve detected; antagonist protocol. ICSI identified for next cycle due to MFI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nursing staff at CRM is surprisingly nice and helpful. The waits can be very long depending on what time folks come in for monitoring but each of the nurses so far has been helpful
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Likely the best in NYC. This is after being tended to at NYU, Roosevelt. Great doctors but because it's a hospital can feel like a factory at times.
The first cycle was close to 15K. Insurance helped a lot. We paid out coinsurance and deductibles.
Upper East Side

He [Dr. Rony Elias] seemed like the only doctor who wanted me to get pregnant. He took time to read my records, redid tests that were not conclusive, explained everything to me. He made suggestions and recommendations and ultimately let me make the decision...He would site info from my records and took time with me wasn't ever rushed...EStrogen priming protocol with low stims, estrogen priming with clomid
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He seemed like the only doctor who wanted me to get pregnant. He took time to read my records, redid tests that were not conclusive, explained everything to me. He made suggestions and recommendations and ultimately let me make the decision.
Listen to him. Tell him what you want.
He would site info from my records and took time with me wasn't ever rushed
EStrogen priming protocol with low stims, estrogen priming with clomid
Large facility...hard to get in touch with ur nurse.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Clinic is huge...meaning billing department doesn't care about eating back to you and nursing staff seems like they are overwhelmed
I had to pay 450 for a mock transfer and 690 for an IUI.
Westchester

Dr. Rony Elias, is very profesional and warm doctor. Very polite and always greeter me by my name....The doctor is very professional, well knowledgeable. He explained very well the procedure and steps, and provide his recomendation based on his expertise. He is friendly and respectful always gree me by my name in a polite caring and warm smile....His staff are very friendly and efficient, they are fast and on point....When you first go, get a card for registration because I was not aware of it
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
When you first go, get a card for registration because I was not aware of it and every time I went early I had to wait until the secretary arrived instead of other people who register on the computer with the card. Everything else is great.
Like a human. Dr. Rony Elias, is very profesional and warm doctor. Very polite and always greeter me by my name. His staff are very friendly and efficient, they are fast and on point. As six sigma profeaional their process is great.
I took the pills for 5 days which did not give me any side effect. I got the trigger injection and also no side effect.
They were right onnpoint and efficient in calling names and doing the process i was in and out in great time. They need to spend at least a minute with each person to us feel more confortable and caring
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
All was very organized, and clean. All the room very clean, the set up is good. The process and fast and efficient specially taken the blood. Will be great to have a number to call til late for questions
Iad to pay over 3,000 also paid for pills 50.00 and trigger shoot 125.00 but is worth it for having a baby