Vios Fertility Institute

Nurse available by emailAvailable by cell phone
Medical School Ross U
ResidencyWayne State U
FellowshipWayne State U
1455 N Milwaukee Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
773-435-9036
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Roohi Jeelani to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 67%Neutral: 33%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vios Fertility Institute to a friend?
PCOS, Other
Latino, Black or African-American, Other
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jeelani is one of the newer doctor's at the clinic. Initially, during the initial consultation with her we felt it was rushed. Before meeting with the Doctor you and your spouse are required to fill out a long questionnaire containing important information needed for your meeting. I also provided the clinic with my Donors DNA expanded screening results to discuss with the Dr. during our consultation. The day of the consultation Dr. Jeelani did not seem prepared for our meeting. She did not have the electronic forms that were filled out prior to us meeting nor did she have the Donor results to discuss. She said it was not an issue and basically spent most of the time asking me and my wife all of the questions that we filled out via their portal. Dr. Jeelani was straight forward in our meeting. We felt she gave an explanation of things if questions were asked, however, if they were not, anything extra and important wasn't offered. It could be that most of our time was spent with her documenting all of our answers for their questionnaire that we had previously filled out. Being a New patient and not having much background or experience with Fertility Clinics we did not know the types of questions to ask and felt the conversation could have been guided a bit more by the Dr. When the process of my IUI began I was informed by Dr. Jeelani that I had PCOS. I was not aware of what PCOS actually was at the time and how it could affect my pregnancy. Dr. Jeelani never explained what it was in detail, nor did she make it seem it would be a problem throughout my process. Therefore, I trusted in that and did not see it as a major factor. It was recommended that I start my 1st process by taking Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot right before insemination, and Endometrin after Insemination. I did have to go to my general doctor to get my bloodwork done and tested for sexual diseases and CMV. I was also advised of getting the same expanded DNA testing as my donor at the time. My spouse and I asked about tracking my ovulation and were told we could on our own, however, it wasn't necessary due to the way the timing worked with the fertility drugs. After my clomid I was told I'd be monitored and would be informed when it was a good time to take my trigger shot (Ovidrel). I decided to track my ovulation on my own before coming in for my schedueled monitoring due to hearing other women having had success doing so. The day of my schedueled monitoring Dr. Jeelani saw that a couple follicles were larger and possibly ready for ovulation. We also expressed to her that my Ovulation tracking mentioned I was peaking. Due to this she advised to take my trigger shot sooner than schedueled. We then schedueled my insemination for the day after I took my trigger shot. Thankfully I tracked my ovulation. The day of insemination we were not happy that Dr. Jeelani was not present and were not told about this until the day of. Luckily, we had a great Nurse. After the insemination and the long 2 week wait we did not hear from Dr. Jeelani in that time frame. I came in for bloodwork and did receive a call from Dr. Jeelani personally that same night letting me know that I was pregnant. After finding out I was pregnant Dr. Jeelani did provide her phone number and said I could reach out when needed. At one point I did begin to bleed and expressed this to be a concern. Dr. Jeelani mentioned as long as it wasn't excessive that it should not be a concern due to it stopping. In the end unfortunately we had a miscarriage due to the baby not having a heartbeat. During this process we did not meet with Dr. Jeelani until the nurses felt it wouldn't be a viable pregnancy. They told us to wait another week and the last week I met with another Dr. After this I did not hear from Dr. Jeelani again and only dealt with Dr. Beltsos. In my opinion as her patient I felt she could have been more involved and personable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
I would say Dr. Jeelani can be a sweet and soft spoken person. I was pleased with the fact that I did have a personal number on hand in case of an emergency. However, if you are looking for a very personable Dr. and someone who is genuinly compassionate about your process you wont get that. It's more of a business relationship and when you understand that up front you won't feel as dissapointed along the way. The end goal can still be obtained if you remain proactive with your process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
I can honestly say I have felt both at times. We've had positive and not so positive experiences with the staff and Dr. Jeelani that have resulted in us feeling this way. Initially, my wife and I had very high expectations and were super excited about going through our first IUI process ever with Vios Fertility. We feel that with such a sensitive and what should be an exciting (not stresssful) process that feeling human all of the time was unfortunately not what we felt. We do understand that the Doctors are stretched thin due to having several patients to care for at once and we can't expect to interact with them 100% of the time. However, we felt the team of Nurses and desk staff did not always offer that genuine concern, consideration, and compassion during the process as we expected they should. There were those few that were always a pleasure to see and communicate with when we dealt with them either via the portal or in person. They always smiled and greeted us by name or even if we didn't have an appointment with them that day they made it a point to stop and ask how everything was going in our process. That stood out to us and made us feel they genuinely cared about us and our process. Then there were others who were very serious and looked as if they weren't happy with being at work. One example is a particular nurse who performed my ultrasounds pretty regularly barely communicated with us during the ultrasounds. She would take photos and measurements without explaining anything to us. We would only receive a short explanation when we asked questions; very impersonable. In the initial phases, Vios could have explained the process to us more in detail and layed everything on the table to us in our initial New Patient Consultation with the Dr. It keeps the patient from guessing or searching for information on their own after the fact. As a new patient and being new to this entire process, we would have liked to know we would be working with a team of nurses and not just one particular Nurse/Dr., sticking to either giving us a call with results or posting them in the portal within the timeframe given and informed, and letting it be known that the doctor would not be the one we would see for most ultrasounds, etc. In our case, Dr. Jeelani was not there or did not perform our insemination process when we were told she would. We found out the day of insemination that a Nurse would be the one doing it (She turned out to be amazing). Before the insemination, I had surgery to have a polyp removed from my uterus. I was under the impression Dr. Jeelani would be present for this as well and found out day of surgery that she would not. The miscommunication and not having all of the proper information up front (before/after insemination fact or guideline sheets etc), not receiving timely updates after many bloodwork appts., receiving conflicting information via the portal on medications being prescribed/ordered, and having to ensure all prescriptions were being ordered and processed in a timely manner made this process very stressful. As anyone going through or having gone through this process knows it is very time sensitive. This is why I feel this is something that the Dr./Staff could've been on top of more. We feel if we weren't as Proactive in our own process with ensuring all the pieces fell into place, we probably would not have been as successful with our first IUI attempt. In regards to Dr. Jeelani alone, when we did speak with her she did have a very sweet demeanor about her. As a person, she showed compassion and seemed to want to be helpful. She even gave me her cell number and expressed if there were any concerns I could reach out to her. I did a few times which she responded to promptly. I could tell when meeting with her in person she seemed very busy, rushed, and on the go. At times this caused confusion in her responses. There were a couple of times she confused my case with others. For example the first day I met her she was convinced she had already met me and spoken to me on the phone, however, I explained that was not me and it was our first time meeting. Overall, the intent of wanting to be helpful was present. I just think maybe being busy with other cases she may have forgotten to communicate certain things to me or have information relayed via the staff and/or portal in a timely manner.
Describe the protocols Roohi Jeelani used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I mentioned previously that I was diagnosed with PCOS throughout my process. I was personally advised of using fertility drugs throughout my IUI process. I did not decline and trusted my Dr. in this. I felt that anything that could help my chances of getting pregnant the first time I would take. My spouse and I were not covered by our insurance in addition to having to get donor sperm for this process. This played a major factor in our decision to use fertility drugs instead of attempting naturally due to us having to pay out of pocket. I was initially given Clomid which had its side affects and during the time I was pregnant, I had huge cysts on each ovary. It is believed the Clomid may have caused this. After the Clomid I took my Ovidrel shot when peaking to help release my egg (possibly eggs) within 24 hours. 24 hours later I had my insemination schedueled. After insemination I was told to immediately start taking Endometrin (Progesterone) twice a day to help ensure the embryo attached itself to my uterine wall. After finding out I was pregnant, I was informed my HTC was not increasing as quickly as it should. A week later my Thyroid was tested and found to be higher than normal. Due to this I was prescribed Thyroid medication for an overactive thyroid. I believe a week after I was told my Vitamin D levels were low and I should begin taking a 2000mg supplement of Vitamin D. After the 6th week, my Progesterone levels began to drop and my dosage for Endometrin went from 2 to 4 times a day. Then unfortunately I did not have a viable pregnancy. Throughout the pregnancy process I only met with Dr. Jeelani one time and saw more of Dr. Beltsos until the end.
The nursing staff at Vios was not very informative. I did receive a lot of conflicting information throughout my process at the clinic via the portal and in person. I would be promised to be called with results from my bloodwork that was done in house and would not receive them until I followed up. When I did receive my results usually the next day it would be posted to the portal. I would receive a brief description of my results but nothing further. There were times where I would not receive an explanation on my levels and would only see my HTC and other numbers posted. Some of the nurses went out of thier way to congratulate us when finding out I was pregnant, while others were very impersonable about the process. Same as when finding out I would not have a viable pregnancy. Emily was one of the nurses that we appreciated the most due to being consistent and caring during our process. She made us feel as if it wasn't only about business and we were more than just a number. We could tell she genuinely loved her job and cared for patients. Overall, you are not consistently seeing one Nurse. I found myself having to explain things to different Nurses due to them not being familiar with me as a patient and my process. This aspect of the clinic felt impersonable.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The clinic is like any other Doctor's office clinic. Initially I thought there would be a difference between a Fertility Clinic and a regular Doctors office clinic, however, there is no major difference. Each time we entered the clinic we did not feel very welcomed or compassion from the ladies behind the desk. It was impersonal each time we were there. One of the members even made an inappropriate comment to my spouse which we reported to the main Dr. of the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute.
My overall IUI process was $1200 out of pocket due to my insurance not covering it. The $1200 did not include any fertility drugs. Luckily, our insurance helped cover a majkr portion of the medication.
Describe Roohi Jeelani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
This does not apply to my case and was not discussed with Dr. Jeelani.
What specific things went wrong at Vios Fertility Institute?
Chicago
She [Dr. Roohi Jeelani] is knowledgeable and helped guide me through this process from the beginning. She was available when I needed to speak with her...When my follicles weren't growing fast enough she increased my Follistim dosage... I had her personal phone number, which I did use for questions. She answered timely and willing to answer any question I had. Her bed side manners were great and I felt comfortable in her presence.
How was your experience with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
I was pleased with my experience at the clinic and with the doctor. She's knowledgeable and helped guide me through this process from the beginning. She was available when I needed to speak with her.
The advice I'd give is ask as many questions as you'd like.
I used Menopur and Follistim. When my follicles weren't growing fast enough she increased my Follistim dosage.
I saw the same staff for blood draw and ultrasounds for the most part. they were all welcoming and willing to listen.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The clinic's strength is that you feel welcomed, heard and part of the team. The financial staff were very proactive in assisting with insurance information and letting you know ahead of time what to expect with possible costs. They also followed up unprompted. They have a portal that allows you to communicate with the office for questions and in return they can communicate with you for dosage information and action plans. The day of retrieval was easy and the operating staff i.e. anesthesiologist etc were the most welcoming group I have ever encountered. They asked me how my new kitty was and I was shocked they kept track or communicated with each other on purpose to bring it up so I would feel comfortable. I couldn't stop smiling as I was laying down in the operating chair.
My insurance covers IVF and therefore covered the egg retrieval. The cost to freeze the eggs was $1,200. I had a copay for each visit.
Chicago
Be completely open and transparent with her [Dr. Roohi Jeelani]...Very caring and willing to explain and accommodate with extra time...Very knowledgeable, strong communicator, compassionate and caring. I felt valued and cared for, it was like a personal touch was given. She spent time addressing all my concerns and encouraged me when things seemed impossible...Communication and corresponding are strengths.
Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
Be completely open and transparent with her.
Very caring and willing to explain and accommodate with extra time
Nice, and accommodating.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Communication and corresponding are strengths. The one and only issue I had was parking was TERRIBLE. The office is nice, personnel was friendly. Ultrasound was efficient and quick. I enhoyed my overall experience with Vios