Rochester Fertility Care

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolAlbany Med Ctr
ResidencyU. of Rochester
FellowshipOhio St
1561 Long Pond Rd
Rochester, NY 14626
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rosalind Hayes to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rochester Fertility Care to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [Dr. Hayes] always does a wonderful job at explaining the details of my fertility issues to me, even though some of them are very technical. When I want to know more, or I don’t understand something, she helps me understand. She gives suggestions for coping with the emotional struggles of infertility, and discusses how diet and lifestyle changes can make an impact upon the procedures I am involved in. She is encouraging and supportive, and I always am made to feel like I am the “most important” patient she has, when I see her. I imagine others feel that way too!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
I was recommended to Dr. Hayes by a close friend. She always does a wonderful job at explaining the details of my fertility issues to me, even though some of them are very technical. When I want to know more, or I don’t understand something, she helps me understand. She gives suggestions for coping with the emotional struggles of infertility, and discusses how diet and lifestyle changes can make an impact upon the procedures I am involved in. She is encouraging and supportive, and I always am made to feel like I am the “most important” patient she has, when I see her. I imagine others feel that way too!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
I encourage prospective patients to listen first - Dr. Hayes has a gift for explaining processes and results in a meaningful and thorough way. I benefited most when I listened first, and then asked questions. I have never felt rushed when meeting with her, and I always felt she was willing to be sure all my concerns and questions were addressed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
Dr. Hayes is warm and kind, but professional. Even when I was a new patient, she treated me as if she knew me well. She was interested in my life, and in the details of it that were pertinent to my decision to start a family. She was supportive of my choices and always reassured me that I was not alone in what I was going through, even though at times, I felt very much like I was.
Describe the protocols Rosalind Hayes used in your cycles at Rochester Fertility Care and their degree of success.
My first cycle, as best as I can remember, was a standard IUI with donor sperm (I’m single!) and this was done very soon after an extensive surgery to remove endometriosis (in which she beautifully fixed my horribly embarrassing belly button that was botched from a previous endometriosis removal surgery with a different doctor!). When it was not successful, we added Femara to the process, and tried again, also with donor IUI sperm. I think there was one cycle in between that we cancelled because I apparently ovulated very early, and it didn’t make sense to “waste” the donor sperm. Then, we used Femara and added an HCG trigger shot. Unfortunately, though everything seemed to look great (follicles, uterine lining, etc.) the cycle did not result in a pregnancy. I needed a bit of a financial and emotional break from it all (especially because I had no insurance and everything was out-of-pocket) so I returned again several months later. Now, I’m on day 1 of a cycle with Gonal-F and HCG, with donor sperm. I was an egg donor years ago (helped me pay for law school!) so I’m familiar with these medications, and I am hopeful that this will be the process that works! If not, I hope to save enough money to do IVF soon. I really appreciate that we have taken a “gradual” approach, adding things as we go, rather than just “jumping” into IVF from the beginning. I really like that we have given my body the chance to “do this on its own,” if that makes sense.
The office is a small operation, and I have always appreciated that. All nurses I have met are kind and keep everything light hearted and positive. They make jokes, are always upbeat and positive, and if I have a question that is more of a “doctor” question, they don’t guess... they refer me to Dr. Hayes, and I always get an answer soon. The nurses are really helpful in assisting with ordering meds, and making sure we find the most affordable means of acquiring them.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The clinic is in a very large facility. Which, when I had to have surgery for endometriosis, was great, because I was familiar with the building. The office is small, and conveniently located. I also really appreciate that there is a lab right in the building so I can get blood work done right on site! Though I know there is another popular clinic in the Rochester area that is in a “beautiful house” with yoga, a coffee shop, essential oil store, etc., those coming to Rochester Fertility Care should know that it’s fairly “no frills.” But, it is clean, and the simple facility is full of quality staff and amazing doctors. To me, that matters most. Even after I took many months off, I returned to feel welcomed and very remembered.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care.
The costs of my appointments depended upon what I was there for. I believe the ultrasound appointments were $140 at most, and actual insemination may have been $160. Some visits were $60 where I was consulting or just meeting with the doctor.
Describe Rosalind Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rochester Fertility Care.
I have not used embryo transfer, but when I joke about twins, Dr. Ros always smiles and reminds me that the goal is one healthy baby. Of course anything more is a blessed bonus!
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I felt that Dr Rosalind was very one sided in treatment options. I brought up a lot of questions regarding ways to increase my fertility naturally, give my body time to work, and it was more of a push forward with $$$ and classes I felt the costs were not spelled out clearly along the way.... She was definitely against tubal removal. And I had to bring up the idea of a separate ultrasound to see how bad the follicles really are.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
Take good notes. Ask questions, multiple time until you an answer. Get real cost breakdowns of every appt and class
Cold disinterested. Another day, another dollar.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
I felt the clinic was fast ... too fast. Very little wait but then rushed through the appt. And the appsts aren't cheap so I felt I was an inconvenience if I tried to ask a lot of questions . The check out nurse/pant window was very disinterested in explaining charges
Because we felt that were costs were not adequately discussed we only started the process and never followed through. Every appt we had it was a mystery how much it would be $$$. In fact I just got a bill for blood work that I was told was 100% covered
What specific things went wrong at Rochester Fertility Care?
Rochester
Speak up and always ask questions if you are unsure. She [Dr. Rosalind Hayes] will always answer or get you an answer...She was amazing, very thurough and took as much time as needed. She was very genuine and approachable! Very professional! Dr Hayes never gave up when I wanted, she always kept me moving forward. When I wanted to stop she was supportive and I finally got a pregnant. She tried different medication variations to find what was perfect for me
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
Speak up and always ask questions if you are unsure. She will always answer or get you an answer
Everyone in the office new me by name and new why I was there. When I got negative results they were there for me with a shoulder and to pick me back up. When I got pregnant they were just as excited!
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The clinic was amazing, from the front end always being on top of appts and squeezing me in when need be to answering insurance questions! Then the nursing staff always getting back to me via phone, or answer medication questions if I was unsure about an injection. Even helping me when my meds didn’t come in time for a cycle