Not available by email
Fellowship National Institutes of Health
101 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
401-274-1100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ruben Alvero to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Women & Infants Hospital to a friend?
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We tried the antagonist protocol twice [with Dr. Ruben Alvero] , the second time being with higher doses of meds. The last cycle, we did estrogen priming protocol due to my poor response...always made me feel important and that my feelings mattered. He always made me feel like I could ask any questions I had or share all my concerns...did everything he could to try to figure out what was causing our unexplained infertility. Each IVF cycle gave us more information and as hard as it all was for me to hear, he always did a great job explaining everything and giving us all our options. He never pressured us into anything but gave his expert advice and what our chances were for each cycle.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ruben Alvero at Women & Infants Hospital?
Dr. Alvero did everything he could to try to figure out what was causing our unexplained infertility. Each IVF cycle gave us more information and as hard as it all was for me to hear, he always did a great job explaining everything and giving us all our options. He never pressured us into anything but gave his expert advice and what our chances were for each cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ruben Alvero at Women & Infants Hospital?
Choose him for your doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ruben Alvero at Women & Infants Hospital?
Dr. Alvero always made me feel important and that my feelings mattered. He always made me feel like I could ask any questions I had or share all my concerns.
Describe the protocols Ruben Alvero used in your cycles at Women & Infants Hospital and their degree of success.
We tried the antagonist protocol twice, the second time being with higher doses of meds. The last cycle, we did estrogen priming protocol due to my poor response.
The nursing staff was absolutely AMAZING. I cried my last appointment simply because of how compassionate they had been to me. When they called with updates, they always made a personal connection and made me feel like they truly cared about me and the outcome of our cycles.
Describe your experience with Women & Infants Hospital.
I think the clinic is a great place to seek infertility treatments. My husband and I were pleased from start to finish. Although we decided to stop treatment, if we decide we are going to pursue treatment again, we will 100% return to this facility and under the care of Dr. Alvero. Communication was great and I never felt like I annoyed anyone when I called to ask a silly question. I loved this facility. They made a very difficult time in our lives a little bit easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ruben Alvero at Women & Infants Hospital.
We are lucky to have great health insurance in Massachusetts. The costs were mostly covered by insurance, which the exception of medications and some of the surgery costs.
Providence

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ruben Alvero at Women & Infants Hospital.

Dr Alvero is patient and clearly explains the reasoning for choosing a particular treatment. He respected my opinions and assessed my comfort level with the treatment at every visit. When I had questions or concerns in between appointments he returned my calls promptly.... He is very willing and comfortable discussing the reality of the situation and the steps that we will take to address the issues... I did eset for insurance reasons.
How was your experience with Ruben Alvero at Women & Infants Hospital?
Bring a notepad. Write down questions as you think of them during treatment.
3 letrozole 3 iui Ivf
Some of the nurses are excellent. Go above and beyond - one spent hours on the phone helping me deal with a prior authorization issue over a weekend that would’ve resulted in a cancelled cycle. Some of the others are less compassionate. They’ve done it a million times and forget that as a patient I may not have done this before.
Describe your experience with Women & Infants Hospital.
Communication! Not being able to call directly is frustrating. On the weekends I’ve had to send a fax to get the attention of the clinic staff because their answering service answers the phone. The coordinator did not check to see what I needed in terms of my insurance company before proceeding with my last round so I had to change my plan to complete a test required by the insuranc. This set me back another month. Communication is poor at best.
I’m unsure of the costs, my insurance has paid for everything so far.
Describe Ruben Alvero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women & Infants Hospital.
I did eset for insurance reasons.
What specific things went wrong at Women & Infants Hospital?