Available by cell phone
3200 Channing Way
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
(208) 529-2019
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Russell Foulk to a friend?

4.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas) to a friend?
2020
After a failed IUI with another provider, he [Dr. Foulk] met with me on a Sunday and reassured me he had a plan and I would be pregnant in the coming few months. He knew exactly what protocol to use and didn’t send me for unnecessary testing. He considered our willingness to be aggressive. We didn’t want a conservative approach and he was willing to comply. I loved that the most. He didn’t want to waste time and he understood my impatience after years of TTC.
Dr. Foulk and his staff [at Nevada Fertility Center] took to me quickly. By the 2nd appointment, everyone knew my name and my story and by month 3 of treatment, I considered them friends. I was tended to immediately after each concern and was given after hour contact info which I used very frequently to ease my mind...[the nurses] took care of me, gave me direction and motivation. They texted me after hours and celebrated each victory with me. The staff was never too busy for a question, a repeat blood draw (I had 12 in 20 days to check on levels) or adjusting meds. All my questions to Dr. Foulk’s NP, Kim Carter, we’re immediately directed to the doctor when he was out of state (he has a few clinics in the nation) and I had an answer in minutes in most cases. All lab results were provided within 4 hrs from blood draw (this is record timing). Just feel so lucky I experienced this with them.
2020
$500K+
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
After a failed IUI with another provider, he met with me on a Sunday and reassured me he had a plan and I would be pregnant in the coming few months. He knew exactly what protocol to use and didn’t send me for unnecessary testing. He considered our willingness to be aggressive. We didn’t want a conservative approach and he was willing to comply. I loved that the most. He didn’t want to waste time and he understood my impatience after years of TTC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Don’t get discouraged if they don’t answer the phone. Just get up and go and make an appointment. You will get results and you will be treated like a princess.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Dr. Foulk and his staff took to me quickly. By the 2nd appointment, everyone knew my name and my story and by month 3 of treatment, I considered them friends. I was tended to immediately after each concern and was given after hour contact info which I used very frequently to ease my mind.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas) and their degree of success.
Successful round of IUI Hsg precious cycle determined one side had thank adhesions so we were only going to move forward if we had a follicle on my good side (we did!). 5mg femara 3-7 75miu follistim day 9 & 11 2mg estrogen day 10 & 11 10,000miu pregnyl trigger day 11 Iui day 12 with 22mm follicle Partner SPerm was 192mil prewash 88mill 85% motility post wash
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kimberly Carter)
Dr. Foulk’s team of ladies who took care of me are my angel heroes. I can’t put it in any other terms. These girls took care of me, gave me direction and motivation. They texted me after hours and celebrated each victory with me. The staff was never too busy for a question, a repeat blood draw (I had 12 in 20 days to check on levels) or adjusting meds. All my questions to Dr. Foulk’s NP, Kim Carter, we’re immediately directed to the doctor when he was out of state (he has a few clinics in the nation) and I had an answer in minutes in most cases. All lab results were provided within 4 hrs from blood draw (this is record timing). Just feel so lucky I experienced this with them.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
2 “weaknesses” 1. Front desk doesn’t always answer phone promptly (I think they’re phone system is being upgraded now). 2. Dr. Foulk is at practice only 1 week/month so if you HAVE to see the doc, it may be scheduled further out than you’d like. Strengths: Staff are compassionate and the most educated group of girls. Dr. Foulk is so up-to-date that I didn’t feel like “he could be doing more”. Availability from early morning hours which is convenient so you don’t have to take time from work or go after hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
~$1k per IUI Cash patient Insurance covered meds Injections were separate

2017 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
The whole clinical staff [Utah Fertility Center] are always so helpful and thorough. They genuinely care about you and the reason you are there. It is a clean environment. They explain everything in detail. And I always know that they have your best interest at heart. They are amazing and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.... Danica is just as amazing as Dr. Foulk. She is very compassionate, caring, and kind. I felt that I could ask her anything and she always help no matter what.
2017 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Being a patient of Dr. Foulk I always knew what my treatment was going to entail, he explained everything in detail and to where we could understand. Dr. Foulk was there during the most difficult times of my life (my miscarriages), he would personally call to check up on me. Dr. Foulk is so caring and compassionate and I knew that he wasn't ready to give up on making my dream of becoming a mom true. He donated quite a bit of his time as I couldn't always afford the treatments. I lost my last embryo after a negative pregnancy test so we're still trying to figure out how to move forward but I truly know that Dr. Foulk is not ready to give up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Meet with him, ask him all the questions you have and believe that he is on your side and won't give up on you or your dream.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
With all the issues I have had Dr. Foulk was always so caring and I knew he was just as frustrated as I was. He would personally call me to check on me. He's a great Dr.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Oh geez! I have had many different strategies from water ultrasounds, hysteroscopies, D&C, he put me on Depot Lupron for 3 months to get my uterus from being really vascular.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The whole clinical staff are always so helpful and thorough. They genuinely care about you and the reason you are there. It is a clean environment. They explain everything in detail. And I always know that they have your best interest at heart. They are amazing and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
In the beginning I had insurance that helped pay for my treatments so I'm unsure of the actual cost. After my husband switched companies we lost this benefits but after my first miscarriage Dr. Foulk and the UFC staff helped with the costs of my second egg retrieval and transfers.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
My first transfer we transferred 2 embryos which ended up in a miscarriage after that Dr. Foulk strongly suggested only 1 embryo transfer in the following transfers.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Foulk is always willing to give you a call after every treatment no matter the outcome. To touch bases again and to talk about next options or just give encouraging words...treats you like family. He is clear with his explanations, goals for your treatments, and diagnosis...He is extremely personable and understands the struggles that we are going through...We started the cycle with planning to do timed intercourse, but ended up wanting to do IUI. Since my follicles werent maturing, we cancelled the cycle and I then took provera to start my period and try again a different treatment plan. The next month I started taking metformin to help with my insulin resistant PCOS. We did letrozole and injectibles. My follicles finally grew, but my IUI was unsuccessful. Due to the pandemic, we took a month off and will go back when my next period starts.
I spent more on medication than I did on the actual IUI [at Nevada Fertility Center]. I spent $1,100 on my IUI. I spent almost $2,000 on the clomid, letrozole, and follistims...The staff is all so friendly and accommodating. They treat you like family. The are extremely understanding and will help with whatever you need help with. I am a teacher and I teach during the hours that they are open, they are always willing to move things around to help you get in for an appointment. They are thorough with what you need to do. They do step by step instructions for injectibles and give you a calendar so you know what to do and when to do it. They treat you like you matter.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Foulk treats you like family. He is clear with his explanations, goals for your treatments, and diagnosis. He is always a call away and does whatever it takes to make sure that you're not another number. He is extremely personable and understands the struggles that we are going through.
Be honest and open with him so that you get the most out of your experience with him. He is honest and open with you.
I always feel that communication is key. Communication is at the top of their priority. They are quick to respond and Dr. Foulk is always willing to give you a call after every treatment no matter the outcome. To touch bases again and to talk about next options or just give encouraging words.
My first cycle was cancelled with Dr. Foulk because my follicles weren't maturing. During that cycle I took two rounds of Clomid and Follistim injectibles. We started the cycle with planning to do timed intercourse, but ended up wanting to do IUI. Since my follicles werent maturing, we cancelled the cycle and I then took provera to start my period and try again a different treatment plan. The next month I started taking metformin to help with my insulin resistant PCOS. We did letrozole and injectibles. My follicles finally grew, but my IUI was unsuccessful. Due to the pandemic, we took a month off and will go back when my next period starts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kim Carter )
Kim Carter is also amazing. I felt like she was apart of my family, like an older sister guiding me through something difficult. She always called back with an answer. She was extremely flexible and understanding. She showed compassion when things werent going so well. I am so happy to have her apart of the staff I see when I go to the Nevada Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
I spent more on medication than I did on the actual IUI. I spent $1,100 on my IUI. I spent almost $2,000 on the clomid, letrozole, and follistims.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
N/A to my experience.

Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Foulk and his staff took the the time I needed and followed my desires during this whole process...was kind and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly but doesn’t forget the huge emotional side of all these treatments and appointments. While he works at several offices, he was always able to fit me in or call me after my check up appointments to go over results or how I was. He was willing to listen to my suggestions and questions during the treatments and made adjustments based on what I wanted or needed. He is amazing.
The nursing staff at this office [Utah Fertility Center] became like family to me. They were always kind and understanding. I felt welcome and at ease asking any questions I had...The clinic was organized and friendly. It was easy to get appointments scheduled and I never felt rushed or like an annoyance. The billing department was always friendly and helpful as well. I particularly liked the phlebotomists. They were kind and easy going and made the sometimes daily blood draws easier.
Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was kind and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly but doesn’t forget the huge emotional side of all these treatments and appointments. While he works at several offices, he was always able to fit me in or call me after my check up appointments to go over results or how I was. He was willing to listen to my suggestions and questions during the treatments and made adjustments based on what I wanted or needed. He is amazing.
Be actively involved in your process. Do the research and ask the questions you want. He is very open and understanding and you will feel better being a team as opposed to just a bystander.
Dr. Foulk and his staff took the the time I needed and followed my desires during this whole process. I felt like family and even considered working there because I loved the office so much. They cared about my emotional and physical well-being.
The nursing staff at this office became like family to me. They were always kind and understanding. I felt welcome and at ease asking any questions I had. They cried with me when we found no heartbeat, during my d and c they comforted me and helped me when I was super emotional. They would come out of their way to say hi when I had an appointment even if they weren’t seeing me that day. They knew me and not just my file or history.

PCOS, Unexplained, Other
I definitely felt he [Dr. Foulk] reviewed our specifics carefully and looked to see what he could do to make a difference this time ... He took the time to explain his thinking and didn't push us into anything. He showed empathy and tried to do what he could to work around our schedule & budget. On cycle day he sat and talked with me after the procedure longer than necessary.
Recently billing has been less transparent and hidden charges have been billed but generally they are great ... Everyone [at Sher Fertility of LV] is well-organized, friendly, & attentive. It's easy to find and while you're there for treatment there's plenty to do in LV to keep your mind occupied. Pricing is generally transparent which is helpful and they are just so easy to work with.
European, Latino
PCOS, Unexplained, Other
Dr. Foulk's communication style & and the details and care given to us put us at ease even just over the phone before we met. In person he was just as caring and you didn't feel like he was rushing through his time with you. The only thing I didn't like is when we arrived for ERA biopsy it was with another doctor. But he did perform the egg retrieval and was great all along the way.oh also I ended up getting billed for extra charges outside cycle fee that we’re not previously discussed or disclosed to me. This didn’t happen with previous doctors at same clinic and was very frustrating. That still isn’t resolved.
Ask if he will be hands-on to do your procedures himself Ask about ALL charges as you go
He definitely took the time to review our case thoroughly before getting on the phone. He took the time to explain his thinking and didn't push us into anything. He showed empathy and tried to do what he could to work around our schedule & budget. On cycle day he sat and talked with me after the procedure longer than necessary. I could feel he cared about my experience and my comfort. He really makes you feel he cares about YOU and you’re in good hands. I’m so glad we tried one more cycle with him!
Protocol would be same as I had previously (Lupron based IVF) but with ERA to adjust transfer window accordingly. For the transfer he suggested adding Neupogen to help the uterus be receptive to the embryo since we've had trouble with implantation in the past. I definitely felt he reviewed our specifics carefully and looked to see what he could do to make a difference this time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kimberly for retrieval / Dayana for transfer)
Both nurses were very communicative, quick to respond, answered all of my questions, and just kind all along the way. They never got rattled when I got stressed out and asked for help out of stress. They were always available and helpful and compassionate. Both the nurses and Dr. Foulk were fantastic.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
It's a great clinic. Clean, comfortable, approachable. Everyone is well-organized, friendly, & attentive. It's easy to find and while you're there for treatment there's plenty to do in LV to keep your mind occupied. Pricing is generally transparent which is helpful and they are just so easy to work with. Recently billing has been less transparent and hidden charges have been billed but generally they are great
Approx $750 for ERA Transfer + $12000 for IVF cycle + $4000 for Transfer + 175 for fluid ultrasound + 100 for neupogen (before discounts he offered due to our situation)... plus medications of course
N/A - we only had 1 embryo to consider
Las Vegas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
When you have an appointment with him [Dr. Foulk] ask a lot of questions, because you may not see him as often as you think. He’s also honest, so don’t expect sugar coating...We did a mock cycle, to make sure we had the best chance of sticking. It did turn out I needed more progesterone prior to transfer. Eventually we had our FET, unfortunately it also failed. After my failed IVF we met with dr Faulk again, and he explained that we unfortunately just had back luck with the embryo not sticking.
I always felt like I was in great hands with the PA and nurses [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine]. They were always friendly, informative, helpful and compassionate...IVF without meds and PGS was about $15k...They’re really great at being present with patients, easy to get in touch with and always helpful. They always communicated what was happening or what would happen next, easy to talk to about concerns and just overall compassionate. I’m not sure what weaknesses they have, I don’t think there’s anything I can think of right now!
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I love Dr. Faulk and think he’s overall a good Dr. for me. He was always honest and friendly. My only issue is that he also works in UT, so I didn’t see him as often. But I never worried about the care I was getting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
When you have an appointment with him ask a lot of questions, because you may not see him as often as you think. He’s also honest, so don’t expect sugar coating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He was always honest about what my outcome could be, and was a nice, thoughtful doctor.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The first 7 cycles I had were timed with clomid or Femera. I think I changed to Femara on the 4th month, it worked better with my body. After 7 cycles we moved to IUI, with femera. The 3rd cycle was cancelled due to having no follicles, or missing ovulation. I had 4 total. All my timed and IUI cycles failed, with no positive test. A few months later we started IVF, I don’t remember how much of each medication I took for any cycle. Our cycle only gave us one embryo. We did PGS testing, mostly because we decided to before the retrieval, thinking we’d have more than 1 day 6 embryo. It was normal. We did a mock cycle, to make sure we had the best chance of sticking. It did turn out I needed more progesterone prior to transfer. Eventually we had our FET, unfortunately it also failed. After my failed IVF we met with dr Faulk again, and he explained that we unfortunately just had back luck with the embryo not sticking. Which we understood. He also said I don’t have the best quality eggs, and the amount of medication we did was high for someone my age and size, should have had a better outcome. We did plan to do another round, with more medication and a different approach, but we have not yet done so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna )
They were amazing. Like I said, Dr. Faulk wasn’t always there, but I always felt like I was in great hands with the PA and nurses. They were always friendly, informative, helpful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
IVF without meds and PGS was about $15k. Each timed cycle and IUI was partially covered with insurance, Total was about $200 timed cycle and IUI’s
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We only had one embryo, so didn’t have a choice.
Reno

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.

2015 - 2019
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor [Dr. Foulk] was happy to let me transfer 2...has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried...After seeing another RE that didn’t listen or respect us, coming to Dr Foulk was a breath of fresh air. He immediately was able to diagnose me after 5 years of “unexplained infertility” and set a course of action to get us going in our treatments.
Scheduling the IUIs [at Utah Fertility Center] was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls... Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
2015 - 2019
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask as many questions as you’d like! Dr Foulk is so good to answer everything and work with you and your schedule.
Dr Foulk has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried.
We used birth control for 4 weeks and then started stims with Gonal F 300, adjusted up to 375 along with Menopur 75. Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mickelsen )
The nursing staff is generally pretty good. Some nurses are better than others so it’s easy to pick favorites. Lacey was always great to reach out and update my chart online, which was super helpful!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling the IUIs was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls.
IUIs were $850ish (not including meds) IVF was $8300 (not including meds) and $750 for cryopreservation of our remaining embryos.
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor was happy to let me transfer 2.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Russell Foulk] took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had...he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once...After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again...Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures...I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle.
During both of my cycles [at Utah Fertility Center] I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation...She [care coordinator] double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor but he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once when we first got our constellation. After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again.
Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures, or to see him again after your constellation.
He took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had.
He started me on progesterone to induce a period. And it went as planned. He then had me take clomid (100mg) for a few days, that produced zero results so they started me on injectables. I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle. The second cycle we tried 2.5 mg of femara for 15 days that also produced nothing. So we started out at 75 units of gonad-f and it barely started to work so they upped my dosage to 150 units. That did start my ovaries producing follicles but very slowly so they again upped the dosage to 225 units. This produced 2 perfect follicles, and I was scheduled my iui. I took a trigger shot 36 hours before the iui, and they did 1 insemination. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. During both of my cycles I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Mcfarland )
My care coordinator Michelle Mcfarland was very knowledgeable and friendly. She double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The strengths of this clinic is that they get things done in a timely manner. The weaknesses would have to be getting back in contact with you over the phone, sometimes it took days to hear back from them.
iui: 875.00 That included, ultrasounds and physician monitoring 525.00, sperm preparation 165.00, And insemination 185.00 My injectable meds were between $405.00-$900.00 depending on the dosage. So all in all 1 cycle was around $2,000.00 with everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I had test results that took way longer than was said to get the results back. And several times they forgot to call the pharmacy to get my fertility drugs sent to me. I had to call the pharmacy myself and have them call the fertility clinic to verify my prescription that I needed shipped to me the next day.

2014 - 2019
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Foulk] bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me... He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating.... we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief,
The building [Utah Fertility Center] is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. T
2014 - 2019
European, Other
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Since I've been there so long, there may be another doctor I would be interested in talking to (Dr. Gertcheff - she works at the same clinic) for a 2nd opinion. She seems to have just a bit more compassion (she had to be the doctor to tell me during an ultrasound that I lost my baby, and she rubbed my arm while I sobbed, very soothing and sympathetically). I still adore Foulk, but have been considering switching to Dr. Gertcheff. I may not though, because of my history with Dr. Foulk and because I think he is great at what he does too. He bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me (which is important to me, to feel like a human and not a number). He has tried to help lighten the mood when we are stiff and anxious. He is very realistic about expectations (careful to not get my hopes high when I've had poor quality embryos). He takes time with me when I need it, which I very much appreciate. Infertility has turned me into a very type-A person, where I (likely, to a fault) micromanage my cycle. He doesn't scoff at me for it, but instead works with me to make sure mentally, I am taken care of (since IVF is such a huge undertaking anyway). When I start getting really nutso (because of all the stories online) he is careful to guide me back onto the course and explains that not everything I've read online is accurate. He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating. Before I met Dr. Foulk, my husband and I had spent 6 years trying to get pregnant. We had seen several unqualified doctors who made grandiose promises to us, that were unsuccessful. Dr. Foulk was the first person who gave us hope. Not even necessarily hope for babies, but hope for answers. For 6 years I was told there was no reason for my infertility, but after seeing Dr. Foulk, we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief, for which I am very grateful. One of my biggest let-down's with Dr. Foulk was simply that he didn't test me for endometriosis until after my 1st failed IVF with them. I wish that was something we would have done from the start, just because the 1st IVF felt like a bit of a waste. To be fair though, I didn't understand that the severity of my symptoms were abnormal so I didn't explain that well enough to urge for testing. I can't blame him for thinking I didn't need a laparoscopy. Other than that, I am very pleased.
I'd say to be patient because he has so many clients (all over the state of Utah) and he works in two different clinics so you may not see him often. I would also say that he is very by-the-book with western medicine, so if you're a little on the eastern medicine side of things, he won't discourage you, but he may not see the purpose. I'd also say that you're in great hands, and that all my friends who have seen him (seriously, everyone but me, haha) has ended up pregnant. I'd say, if you explain to him how infertility has impacted other aspects of your life (emotionally, financially, spiritually, etc) he will have a resource to help you. He really, really, knows his stuff.
Dr Foulk has let me call him and barrage him with questions. I walk into each consultation with a long list of questions, and he patiently takes the time to review each of my concerns, and give me resources to his answers. I've experienced a lot of loss at Utah Fertility Center, and he has always been very sympathetic and kind.
This is long! Here we go. 2014 (6 years into my infertility at this point) = 29 years old I still have the paperwork. My daily meds are: Lupron, prenatal, baby aspirin, coq10 Stim meds (10 days): follistim 225, menopur 1 powder 5 days before transfer I start HGH 50 units Feel so bloated. 10 days of stims, then trigger shot. Egg retrieval 2 days later. 31 eggs retrieved. 26 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 20 fertilized. 2 grade C (heavily fragmented) blastocysts by day 5 (the rest have arrested). We transfer both. Use progesterone suppositories after transfer. 10 day beta = 21 HCG ("your number is low but we will be cautiously optimistic!"). Spot and bleed the entire time. I'm instructed to switch to PIO (progesterone in oil) shots (because of the irritation the suppositories are causing to my cervix). It rises appropriately until 600 and then slowly peaks at 700. At my 6 week ultrasound, we see my uterus contracting, and the blood draw that day comes back at 90. I am told to stop all meds. We save for a year to do another IVF. Before the next IVF... Dr. Foulk readdresses the idea of me possibly having endometriosis (because of how many eggs arrested and I was still considered relatively young). I go in for a laparoscopy in 2015 and am told I have stage 4 endo. He removes as much as he can, then puts me on a 3 month treatment of depot lupron to shrink any left over endometriosis. 2016 - 2nd IVF (31 years old) Protocol: Estrace 2 mg vaginally daily, prenatal, coq10, baby aspirin. 10 days of stims: Follistim increased to 300, menopur 1 powder vial, begin HGH 5 days before egg retrieval 36 eggs retrieved. 23 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 18 fertilize. 3 grade B embryos make it to blastocyst stage. We transfer 2, and freeze one. Go on the strongest dose of PIO to help prevent spotting/bleeding. Day 10 beta HCG comes in at 5.1. Am told to continue with meds. It climbs up to 114, and then drops to 19. Chemical pregnancy. I get tested for MTHFR - am tested positive for homozygous C667T. Could explain the recurrent miscarriage. November 2016 - Frozen Embryo (of 1 grade B blastocyst) transfer (am now 32 years old) Protocol: Prenatal with FOLATE (instead of folic acid), estradiol valerate twice a week, baby aspirin, progesterone in oil 1 ml, after transfer I begin heparin (blood thinner) twice a day. 10 Day beta/HCG blood draw: Negative No frozen embryos. Husband and I decide to give IVF one last shot. We want to give it everything we've got. We save for another year. We decide to PGS test the embryos this time. November 2017 egg retrieval Protocol: Prenatal with Folate (for MTHFR), coq10, baby aspirin, Follistim increased to twice a day (morning is 300 mg, night is 225), menopur 1 powder vial, HGH begins 5 days before retrieval, dexamethasone (steroid) starts about 9 days before retrieval. It takes a few extra days of stims this time to get my eggs to the right size. 26 eggs retrieved. 22 are at the right size to inseminate with ICSI. 13 Fertilize properly. All look bad by day 5. But one, shifts and suddenly starts doing better. They call it my FIGHTER baby. One more pulls through. They tell me this one looks pretty bad and give me the option of tossing it. No way. Keep it. Because both my little blastocysts are fragile, I opt out of PGS testing and don't want to damage them. We freeze them while we work on moving out of my in-laws. So in total, I have one grade B blastocyst, and one grade C blastocyst. April (sigh, one year ago) 2018 - 33 years old FROZEN TRANSFER FOR BOTH EMBRYOS They thaw very well. We transfer both. I begin dexamethasone again to suppress my immunity from possibly kicking the babies out. I also start an immuno-suppressant treatment (where I get hooked up to an IV every other week, to flush my body full of intralipids... another attempt to help me from kicking the babies out). I am on heparin (blood thinner (for MTHFR)), prenatal with folate, and the strongest dose of progesterone in oil that I can get. Day 10 beta HCG blood draw = 38 (highest I've ever had, but still considered low) It raises up to 3100 and when I go in for my 6 week ultrasound, I begin bleeding profusely on the table and am told that my baby had died. My 6 week ultrasound turned into an immediate D&C. I walked in pregnant and left empty. My pregnancy tissue is tested and the results come back that I was pregnant with one, chromosomally normal, boy. No frozen embryos. No closer to having a baby than where I was 10 years before. At this point, I've had 93 eggs retrieved from Utah Fertility Center, 7 embryos that made it to blastocyst stage (4 that were grade B, and 3 that were grade C). I've had 2 fresh transfers, and 2 frozen transfers that resulted in 2 miscarriages, and 1 chemical pregnancy. No babies yet. 2019 (currently 34 years old) Dr Foulk recommends I do a donor egg cycle. He says with my age, and how well I responded to meds that he thinks my endometriosis is inside my ovaries and has damaged all my eggs. This has been a LONG process of letting go of the babies we've lost, and trying to figure out what the right step going forward is for my husband and me. We're discussing embryo adoption, foster care, adoption, and yes, donor egg. We have been saving since our miscarriage last year for whatever we attempt. My husband will be going through a DNA sperm fragmentation test this summer to ensure his sperm is chromosomally normal (we have no reason to suspect it isn't, all his semenalysis's have been normal) but he doesn't want to proceed with donor egg until we get those results. Assuming the results come back good, then we will begin the process to use a donor for a donor egg IVF cycle and then will attempt to transfer the embryos back into me. Wish us luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young and Danica Gilbert)
Wonderful. I have no complaints. They took the time to reassure me when I was anxious, let me vent, explain and answer questions to me. When I experienced my last miscarriage, every nurse I worked with came into the room to give me a hug and tell me they were sorry. It was such a bitter-sweet moment. They really made me feel cared for. My dreams were there dreams.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The building is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. They leave no stone unturned before they wrap up for the day.
One of the reasons I chose Utah Fertility Center over Reproductive Care Center in Utah was because RCC made you choose a package based on a gamble ("You can pay $20k up front for 3 egg retrievals and transfers and if it doesn't work we will refund 80%! But if you get pregnant on your first attempt, we won't refund any... and you'll have paid twice the amount that someone who just pays for one cycle gets..."). Utah Fertility Center didn't want to prey on my emotions and said that with each IVF attempt, they will discount the cycle more and more. By the end I was paying a very inexpensive price (well... for IVF anyway) which was very appreciated. They always gave us free ICSI too.
My doctor recommend a single embryo transfer if you are young and the embryo quality is strong. If you are a little older and/or the embryo quality was poor than he recommended transferring more than one (if that was an option). Because of my low embyo quality, we always transferred two.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr Foulk was a huge change from my two prior doctors...just his positivity and his knowledge where so reassuring. I actually have 1/2 an ovary and he went over the options, the risks and he listened to me and my concerns. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to work with him...We decided to use an egg donor because I have half an ovary and where it could have worked it was a lot of risk emotionally and physically for potentially no result. We did use an in-house donor. We did the donors stimulation, transferred after genetic testing and it was a perfect cycle.
We did use an in-house donor [at Utah Fertility Center]. We did the donors stimulation, transferred after genetic testing and it was a perfect cycle...The entire staff is amazing. The embryology team called and updated, they answered my questions and I felt like they really cared about my little embryos. The nurses where always kind and helpful, knowledgeable and well qualified and Tonya is that and more she is probably one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting...IVF is never cheap but I felt like the prices where more than reasonable and worth every penny.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk was a huge change from my two prior doctors just his positivity and his knowledge where so reassuring. I actually have 1/2 an ovary and he went over the options, the risks and he listened to me and my concerns. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to work with him and can’t wait to come back next year for more babies!
Ask questions. Just because they do this all day doesn’t mean you do so don’t be afraid or embarrassed they are there to help you and reassure you.
I am in the fertility industry but when it’s your own you have a million questions still and every one of them was answered. I got updates constantly and both my surrogate and myself where treated like family our entire cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our cycle was fast, the staff was amazing I really wouldn’t have changed a thing. The front desk can be a little hard to reach but if you have to leave a message don’t let that detour you they are so worth it. I came from California to see them and wouldn’t trust anyone else to handle my surrogates care or my own. Everyone is so nice it’s just such a warm environment you feel like family it’s so comforting to not feel like a number but like a real person. Even people I spoke to once or for the first time made me feel like we had been lifelong friends.
He gave us the risks of both and we made our decision which he completely respected.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Foulk always took time to answer all my questions, sometimes the same questions multiple times, either in person or on the phone. He always explained things in ways I could understand and was kind and upbeat. You can tell he loves what he does...did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times [at Utah Fertility Center] We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done...Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Fantastic doctor. Knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Foulk did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
Ask all your questions, don't hold back. If you think of more questions, let the nurses know and they will answer them or set up a time to talk with Dr. Foulk again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert and Lacey Mickelsen)
Danica and Lacey are both fantastic. They are kind and compassionate and always get me the answers I need even if it means asking the doctor and then getting back to me. They are both horrible to reach by phone, but Lacey is more than prompt in replying by email and Danica is usually pretty prompt via email too. They are incredible and love what they do, they're just very busy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weakness: The whole clinic is hard to reach by phone. Strengths: everyone I've ever interacted with genuinely enjoys their job, cares about their patients and is compassionate. The NP's are super knowledgeable and are really great at what they do. Their ultrasound equipment is nice and provides quality images. Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I was told my insurance wouldn't cover IVF. I was made to believe they had submitted the paperwork and it was denied. I called the insurance to contest the decision only to discover the insurance was never contacted. It was an oversight on the benefits person's part. She didn't know, and wasn't told, that I had switched insurance companies and now had coverage.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Just be aware that you won’t see him [Dr. Russell Foulk] for every appointment due to him not always being in the state...He was not willing to transfer more than 2 at a time. He helped us decide to transfer 1 because of the quality of the embryo and told us that if the first transfer did not work, my husband and I could choose to transfer 2 the next time...He was very caring and worked to create a plan that was best for us. He told us what option he originally thought was best then during our exam he explained why he thought a change to the plan would be best for us.
The cost of IVF [at Utah Fertility Center] was $8,300. Medications cost me about $4000 and the cost for freezing embryos is $500 per year...The front staff was friendly but I didn’t think they worked hard to build a connection with the patients. The nurses, however did a great job of making you feel comfortable and answering any questions you had...Lacey [nurse] was very prompt with getting back to me if I called with questions. I always got calls about my blood results hours before I was expecting them. Very friendly and prompt
Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He has a few different clinics so he is obviously not in the clinic I used all the time. Because of that his partners had to step in to help with some of my care. To me, this wasn’t an issue because I trusted everybody in his clinic to provide the same care that he did
Just be aware that you won’t see him for every appointment due to him not always being in the state
He started me on follostim, and Menopur for 10 days with ultrasounds to check progress starting on day 6. My follicles were looking really good so they had me start ganirellix each day. I was able to stop injections on day 9 because my follicles looked so good and each ultrasound (day 8 and 9 I had ultrasounds as well). I did my trigger the day before retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
Lacey was very prompt with getting back to me if I called with questions. I always got calls about my blood results hours before I was expecting them. Very friendly and prompt
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The cost of IVF was $8,300. Medications cost me about $4000 and the cost for freezing embryos is $500 per year.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Foulk] is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
They’d [Utah Fertility Center] are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too. ... Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. ... She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
Endure and be patient with the process. . I have flown across states to see him and it is worth the time and effort !
They all knew my name and the nurse though busy, was reliable about returning calls. Sometimes it was later (6pm) but she would call! The office seemed to care and be working hard for their patients. I was never rushed around. They have always sought to find answers for me, whether quick questions about a drug or Dr. Foulk taking the time to really answer something thoughtfully and knowledgeably.
We only did an FET with Dr. Foulk (x2) but he was the only doctor I had positive pregnancy tests with (he is the third doctor I saw).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. Several times I met with Dr. Foulk and he set forward a plan and Chelsea was ready at the moment to enact it. She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They’d are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too.
I don’t remember exactly but an FET including medications was about $4000.
Pleasant Grove

Be prepared to talk mostly with nurses and try to ask as many questions as you can when you do meet him [Dr. Foulk]...He started with clomid rounds to for see if I could get pregnant and then when I didn’t he moved us up to IUI. After getting my chemical they did one last round of iui and have offered to do one more round (making 5 rounds total) while my husband and I try to save and plan for IVF...He was very nice in our meetings but we would only see him or talk with him after all planned course of treatments failed. He would just tell us what he wanted to do next and has seemed very hands off.
The nurse practitioners [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing but the medical assistant acted as if it was a pain to answer questions, seemed overly happy to call with negative betas, and showed no empathy or care during my chemical pregnancy...When we spoke with the Dr about the medical assistant he just laughed it off and has had previous complaints but did not seem to care...They are fairly slow to respond to phone messages and very rarely answer the nurses help line. It is nice to be able to call nights or weekends if there is an emergency. Sometimes appointments start very late but they usually have openings for procedures. They do not look at timing between trigger shots and iui injections.
Be prepared to talk mostly with nurses and try to ask as many questions as you can when you do meet him.
The nurse practitioners were amazing but the medical assistant acted as if it was a pain to answer questions, seemed overly happy to call with negative betas, and showed no empathy or care during my chemical pregnancy.
I have low AMH and my husband has low motility. Dr. Faulk first tried 4 rounds of 5 days of 100mg clomid stimulation which all failed. He decided next to try 4 rounds IUI with Clomid 100 mg for 5 days for stimulation. One resulted in a chemical and the last round the nurse bumped my does up to 150mg of clomid for 5 days. He started with clomid rounds to for see if I could get pregnant and then when I didn’t he moved us up to IUI. After getting my chemical they did one last round of iui and have offered to do one more round (making 5 rounds total) while my husband and I try to save and plan for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna)
Everyone was very sweet except for one medical assistant and a very rude front desk clerk. When we spoke with the Dr about the medical assistant he just laughed it off and has had previous complaints but did not seem to care.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We have spent about $10,000 so far. One month of IUI IS $1000 not including meds and one month of medication stimulation is $500. It is $250 for an ultrasound appointment, $250 for semen analysis, $250 for IUI injection appointment.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Appointment scheduling can become messy and sometimes they have not scheduled appointments.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Foulk] has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it...he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] answers questions via email and has given me great support...IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420...Clinic is clean and nicely decorated. It has a really welcoming feel. Everyone is friendly and look to be happy to be at work. They donated a full ivf grant to a local charity this year which is super generous. Rooms are inviting and bright. I never have to wait very long which I greatly appreciate.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He really is worth the wait to see him. There is a reason he is hard to get into, he is just that great. He has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
Trust in his plan and dont be afraid to ask questions. He is worth the wait to get into.
He spent a lot of time explaining to us what was wrong and how we go about fixing it. He gave us statistics. He kept us hopeful but was realistic at the same time. He didnt use medical speak and explained everything so anyone would understand. He met with us numerous times along our journey and even came in on a Sunday to do a consultation since he was booked out really far and we didnt want to delay our IUI cycle.
I started with an HSG test which found lots (50+) polyps and possible blocked tube. I did a saline ultrasound to confirm and get lining measured. I had my first surgery in May 2018. I took birth control before surgery and he adjusted my thyroid medication and added 2000 mg of metformin a day prior to surgery. Went in for another ultrasound after surgery about a month later and he found scar tissue and a couple more polyps. Scar tissue since my surgery was so drastic. Scheduled another surgery which was in August. After surgery I was put on a zpack and estradiol. Started ovaboost at the same time. My husband and I both added fish oil and COQ10. After 21 days of estrodiol started 10 days of progesterone to get to cycle day 1 of iui. IUI is with 5 days of clomid and injectables. Monitoring throughout and trigger shot cd16. Then progesterone suppositories at night and hopefully a BFP at the end. Fingers crossed since we are in the middle of this cycle. If it doesnt work we will jump into the next cycle back to back to avoid more polyps from growing. After 3 we will reassess if they dont work. Each cycle has a 20 percent chance of working.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica (coordinator))
When I was going through some cycle issues before my first surgery I had the same nurse and saw her almost every other day for 2 weeks. She was on top of my care and treatment and fit me in when needed. She was awesome. I have had numerous nurses since then which has been fine. I dont need the same nurse to do each ultrasound or bloodwork. They follow up by the end of the day and are great. Danica is the coordinator and has been wonderful. She answers questions via email and has given me great support.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My insurance covered diagnostic so they covered 90 percent of ultrasounds and my surgeries. I dont have a deductible. My first surgery was in a hospital and total out of pocket was $1,400. Each water ultrasound was $75 and the HSG was $100. Second surgery was $400 cash for the anesthesia (in office and he doesnt do insurance) the procedure was on insurance and I paid $275 out of pocket. IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420. Overall this year I have spent $4000 so far.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I was so nervous as we went for our first appointment with Dr. Foulk. He was the third doctor I had seen over the years that I had been trying to conceive. I had sent in my medical records before our appointment and when we arrived I learned that he had taken the time to study our case before we came. We didn’t have to re-focus on all the sad details of our fertility journey so far. Since he had already done his research we were able to spend our first appointment discussing the plans moving into the future. He was very candid about our prognosis and explained all the details the very best. He was so understanding and kind. He made us feel very comfortable.
I love that Utah Fertility Clinic is involved in helping clients find the best financial solutions to help them afford their fertility treatments. They have a great patient portal that displays your diagnostic results, treatment plan, and bills which is user friendly. They are kind and friendly.... $8,300 for one round of IVF to the clinic and they estimate $3-8,000 for medications/anesthesia/blood work. They offer incentives if you use the Attain IVF program for paying for multiple cycles.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Send all of your medical records in beforehand so that all parties are ready to discuss treatment options.
Dr. Foulk is understanding about your personal experience with infertility and relates to the desire the couple has to become parents. He remembers your name and takes time to learn about you as a person and not just your medical history.
Dr. Foulk was able to thoroughly describe the effects my severe endometriosis has had on my reproductive system. He knew that my Fallopian tubes were unable to carry an egg into my uterus and that IVF will be the only way for pregnancy to occur. He has been so good and thorough at explaining the IVF treatment schedule.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
The nursing staff are prompt at returning my phone calls and emails. They seem highly educated on any question I ask. I am always impressed by their friendliness.
Pleasant Grove

I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant. New Patient Advice
St. George is a satellite office [of Utah Fertility Center] so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.... Al of my care was facilitated through nursing staff. I worked with Megan and two other nurses. They were great. They listened to my concerns, responded promptly, were kind and compassionate and adjusted protocol as needed
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I only saw Dr. Foulk once. St George is a satellite office and he works at many different locations. We were extremely happy with our experience with him. He is so nice, he treated us with compassion and listened to our concerns around price. We were there to establish care for embryo donation and he gave us other options that, all though didn’t work, we felt good about trying. He’s a genuinely nice person and I am so thankful I was able to be his patient. I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant.
He is a busy man and depending on where you go you probably won’t see him at appointments
Dr. Foulk was the nicest Dr. I’ve encountered over our 5 years of dealing with infertility. He spoke to us like he knew us, he showed genuine concern about the cost of treatment and our best interests.
We initially wanted to move straight to donor embryos but he wanted to know why we weren’t dying with my eggs. We talked it out and agreed that I had a shot, i’d Gotten pregnant twice on clomid so he didn’t see why we couldn’t try again. Our concern was prove so we went with TI instead of IUI. We ended up doing letrozole and gonal-f with trigger and compounded progesterone suppositories, since I have PCOS getting me to ovulate should have done the trick. I responded slowly even with gonal f so the second round we did more gonal f and more letrozole, still responded slowly but my protocol was adjusted throughout the cycles to add more doses or higher doses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
St. George is a satellite office so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.
It’s $525 for monitoring, no additional charge for injectable monitoring. We didn’t do IUI but that was an addition $250 (it could be $225-$275 but I think it was $250) I got my progesterone from a compound pharmacy in st. George and it was $42 for 30. I had to have blood work done for a cyst and it was done at a hospital near by for $75.
St. George

Dr Foulk has been nice the two times that I have seen him. Sometimes I wish I could be able to talk to him. However most of the times it’s just the nurses that I talk to. He is very kind I just wish i has some more support.... He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining.
I have had some excellent NP’s [at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.... 525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI... They are good at getting you in when you need to get in. They will work around your schedule. The lab services have always been very kind. I just wish sometimes I could get someone on the phone. I feel like they are doing what they can for me.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
You will only see Dr Foulk for consulations otherwise you will see the nurses. Also be prepared for many examinations. I didn’t know there would be so many. Make sure your voice is heard.
I honestly have felt like I have only been a number. They haven’t asked if I have needed help with money. I haved called many times and it has taken sometimes a couple days to get back to me. That being said I have had some nice NP’s that have wanted to help me any chance they have gotten.
I started out with him in April. I had been taking clomid for 3 months before with my normal OB. They did not do any exams just gave me the clomid. So I went to Dr Foulk. He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining. They went a head and did the same thing. No luck. The next month the cyst was still there so we skipped that month. The next month July we tried femara. My lining was better and no cyst. So we went ahead with timed inter course and no luck again. So I went back in for a consultation and decided to try IUI. So I went back on Femera. Everything looked good. Triggered did the IUI and started on progesterone. It didn’t work. Now we are on to our second cycle of IUI. My husband has no problems. We did an HSG no problems there. We aren’t sure at this point why it hasn’t worked.
I have had some excellent NP’s that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.
525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff [Utah Fertility Center] is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming... Megan always was on top of phone calls responding back to voicemails and emails. Explained everything in detail, handle ordering meds efficiently, over all very efficient and compassionate
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was very thorough through our whole process. Starting with removing a polyp, explaining all the testing done on the embryos example PG us. After our first failed transfer He looked into other options for us, he went above and beyond to make sure we did everything we could be for the next one. We did two Separate ERA tests to find out how receptive and when my uterus was receptive. Also did a Neupogen Injection prior to second transfer. Unfortunately just yesterday we were told the pregnancy test is negative
To trust him. He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Foulk and his entire staff treated us with such compassion and care. Never felt like just a number.
The protocol used was starting with estrogen injections, then progesterone injections, second transfer added extra day of progesterone injections because of being pre receptive. Once transfer happened started progesterone suppositories Nightly
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming
$14,000 for IVF cycle $3000 for donor Compensation $3000 for donor meds $2900 for each FET cycle My meds approx $2000 Ultrasounds and labs approx $2000
Because of the PGS testing he recommended one embryo transfer at a time
Pleasant Grove

I didn’t actually meet Russell [Dr. Foulk] ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.... Don’t go in expecting that he is going to manage your care himself. It will be the nurses and staff under him. Which is fine. They were nice and kind
They [the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I didn’t actually meet Russell ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.
I felt like they cared about me getting pregnant, but at the same time, I felt like sometimes, they treated my cycle around their schedule instead of my most fertile times
They put me on femora for 5 days starting the 2nd or 3rd day of my cycle. The dosage started out with 5 mg?? I think at first for the first 3 cycles and then AFTER I REQUESTED, they bumped me up to 7.5 mg/day for the 5 days. During, they monitored me with vaginal ultrasounds to see where my body was at in the process of releasing an egg. Once they felt like I was getting close to ovulating, they had me take an HCG shot at home and then 24-36 hours later, I went in for the IUI treatment. After that, they put me on vaginal suppositories of progesterone for about 2 weeks and then had me come in for a blood pregnancy test (which I rarely even made it to because I always started my period before they could test...) I never got pregnant through 5 cycles of treatments.
They were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very clean and professional looking. It had a warm environment and made you feel comfortable to be there. They were pretty quick with helping you out once you got there and the wait time was generally pretty short
When I went in for consultation, they told me the cost for one treatment would be about $800. But I had insurance (husband didn’t) so half of my treatment cost was covered with insurance. However, they didn’t count the cost or medication which was about $200 each cycle. And I still think even with my insurance covering half of my treatments, after all the medications and costs for me and my husband, each cycle cost more than $800 (which is what they said it would cost total...)
Pleasant Grove

Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions.... The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals [Nevada Ctr for Repro Med] are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.... A few hiccups have occurred, mostly minor annoyances that I was able to correct on my own. The nurse forgot to call in a prescription which resulted in me having to wait an extra 30 minutes.
Dr Foulk is clearly very knowledgeable about his field and seems to be a successful business man. He has taken the time to answer my questions and is very transparent when asking. However, at my last visit when discussing the IVF procedure it seemed like I had an understanding of where we were going. Later, I received a price sheet from the financial counselor that had all these extra things that we did not discuss. Sometimes, I feel like I am not given the full picture and without all the information I am not equipped to ask all the questions that I need answers.
Do a lot of research on your own to prepare yourself.
Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions. I feel very comfortable with him. However, his professional staff always seem a bit in a rush to get the procedures done and on to the next patient.
The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush. He suggested that even though the success rate was low, the possibility of not doing IVF made trying it worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kellie Kopp)
All the nurses are pleasant, but I felt very neutral about them. They were polite but didn't seem interested in me. All my appointments seemed rushed and important results were not communicated to me. I didn't feel like I could get answers for some of my follow up questions without seeing the doctor again.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.
Clomid with IUI $1248 with medications IVF with egg freezing and PGS biopsy (no transfer) $13100 without medications or PGS testing
Dr Foulk didn't seem to have a strong preference of single vs multiple embryo transfer. I did not seem like he would advise for more than two at one time.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
A few hiccups have occurred, mostly minor annoyances that I was able to correct on my own. The nurse forgot to call in a prescription which resulted in me having to wait an extra 30 minutes. We did not get the results back from testing without having to call or ask. Despite saying they would, they did not do an antral follicle count. The doctor later gave me a number off of a US image. When measuring the follicles they failed to give me the numbers, which again I later got from the doctor.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure.... I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments
I sometimes felt that the office staff [Utah Fertility Ctr] were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff.... There were a few times that my appointments got mixed up, or were in my calendar schedule but not in the computer. The finance office had some mixups and charged me when they shouldn’t have etc.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure. I always felt like he really cared about me as a person, and that he genuinely wanted to help my family to grow as much as I want it to grow. I appreciated his sense of confidence in the possibility of being able to carry my husband’s baby someday. It did sometimes make the road blocks and set backs hard to swallow, but he always met with us after a loss or bad news and helped encourage us to move forward and not give up. He made me want to keep trying and believe that it is possible, even when my mind and my body wanted to quit. He was also very clear about the risks or percentages of success. I appreciated how candid and experienced he is.
Be upfront about your concerns, your feelings, your wants- both personally and with the procedures etc. I should have expressed more openly how emotionally and mentally hard the medications and treatments were for me. I put on a brave face most of the time, and then I sometimes felt that it wasn’t understood how hard and strainful the whole process was, but then it occurred to me that I had never expressed that I was struggling as much as I was. I would also say decide with your spouse what it is that you guys can handle and are ready for, and be willing to speak up and do things on your timeline as well. I went through multiple rounds and had many road blocks and complications along the way and for a lot of it I just went along for the ride and did whatever I was told to do whenever I was told to do it. Eventually that wore on me, and I realized that I needed to communicate better about where I was personally and where we were as a couple so that we could adjust things to better meet our needs.
Every time that I met with Dr. Foulk he was very sincere, personable, and compassionate. I always felt important and cared for when I had visits/appointments with him. He answered all of mine and my husband’s questions, and I feel like he genuinely cared about us. I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments, but that’s normal. All of the nurses, NPs, and other providers in the office were great as well. Dr. Conway also did one of my ultrasounds and one of my surgeries and she was so kind, thorough, and I felt completely confident in her care. The medical staff explained procedures, answered my questions, and were compassionate each time I saw them. I did feel like sometimes some of the staff (office side more than the clinical staff) forgets how sensitive and tender this whole journey is and can be for individuals. I often felt like I fell through the cracks or got lost sometimes in communication between staff. There were a few different times that I had to contact my coordinator and have her help me sort out some of the confusion/ conflicting appointments, payments, or other issues. But my coordinator was great at always getting things straightened out and taken care of for me.
I’m not great at remembering all the details, especially in the very beginning, but we started with genetic testing for my husband. We were told he was sterile but Dr. Foulk thought otherwise and ran some genetic tests and did a physical assessment on my husband as well. Turns out he is not sterile but is a presenting carrier of cystic fibrosis so he presents as sterile. Dr Foulk did a surgery to retrieve my husband’s sperm and was successful. Then they began working on me with baseline ultrasounds, blood work, genetic tests, etc. I had polyps and ovarian cysts so Dr. Foulk performed a hysteroscopy and explained that it would remove the polyps and leave my uterus nice and smooth for implantation. We then started the medications and procedures for the egg retrieval. I don’t remember what medications I used for the retrieval or fresh transfer prep, (Gonal F was one of them) but will be doing another egg retrieval soon enough to help remind me. We did ultrasounds often to watch the progress and effectiveness of the medications I was taking to make sure my eggs were growing appropriately etc. We also did blood work often to monitor all my levels. While we were waiting on my genetic results we prepared for a fresh transfer, I did daily shots in my tummy, again I don’t remember the medication or doses. But the day before the fresh transfer was scheduled my genetic testing came back positive as a carrier for CF as well so we weren’t able to move forward with the fresh transfer and had to send the embryos for genetic screening. That took a few months, and after we got our embryos back from the genetic testing we prepared for a frozen transfer. For each of the frozen transfer cycles I was on active birth control pills, took 81mg baby aspirin daily, prenatal vitamins, and then injected .15 ml of estradiol valerate IM (glutes) each Tuesday and Friday evening, then about 2 weeks later I added 1 ml IM injections of progesterone in oil daily in the mornings. I did a z-pack the week before implantation, neupogin intravaginally (before two of the frozen transfers), and intralipid infusions and another hysteroscopy tonremove my polyps again, prior to my last frozen transfer. I am about to begin the same round of meds again for the ERA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
My coordinator is the absolute sweetest. She goes out of her way to make sure that I am taken care of and comfortable with all of the procedures etc. I did feel like sometimes there was a lapse in communication between us and the scheduling etc. But she always made sure to fix things promptly when I brought it to her attention or reached out to her with concerns.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I sometimes felt that the office staff were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff. I felt frustrated a few times by the lack of communication between staff, appointments not making it onto the schedules, or lack of financial communication that caused unnecessary stress and anxiety. Overall everyone is kind and helpful, just make sure you are following your own treatment plans, payments, etc. and stay on top of things on your end so you don’t fall through the cracks. I sometimes felt forgotten about, and some of that sentisitvity is likely from all of the medications I was taking. I kept going back because I love Dr. Foulk and Dr. Conway and I am confident that they know what they are doing. Towards the end of my treatments I felt like the staff got better and were warmer and more personable.
We did one egg retrieval and fresh transfer cycle for close to $10,000. Medications were additional. Hysteroscopy was around $500 plus $400 for anesthesia each time, and frozen transfers were about $3,000 plus medications. Genetic testing on the embryos was done at an external lab.
Dr Foulk was very clear about the risks of putting in multiple embryos etc, but he always let me and my husband decide what we felt best about after he educated us. He wasn’t pushy. We put two in each attempt until this last round when we only had one left.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
There were a few times that my appointments got mixed up, or were in my calendar schedule but not in the computer. The finance office had some mixups and charged me when they shouldn’t have etc. There was a lapse in communication with referring me to an outside office and I spent days calling back and forth to multiple people trying to figure things out. My genetic results prior to my first fresh transfer were significantly delayed due to some mechanical malfunction or another with the genetic testing outsource company, and that was a set back as we prepared for a fresh transfer since the results took so long, and in the end we weren’t able to do the fresh transfer. I was frustrated a variety of times by little details and I felt like I sometimes fell through the cracks or got lost in the shuffle. I did multiple cycles and towards the end I feel like it improved for sure, and people were more attentive and on top of things. Communication and clarity are important to me, and I feel there is definitely room for improvement in the communication department of the office.
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered.... I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC.... The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc.... our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is the sweetest man alive. He walks you through each step and makes sure you know EXACTLY what is going to happen next and why you are where you are. He will get to the bottom of why you're not conceiving on your own, and then he tells you but we will do it! I have full and complete faith in this man and his skill set. He knows what to do and is so compassionate. He has wonderful bedside manner and helps you get through some pretty rough times. I wouldn't go to another doctor if I had to. This man has our respect for life. We can't thank him enough.
Trust in him completely. He WILL make you a parent.
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered. He is kind and caring. I couldn't ask for more in a reproductive endocrinologist. He makes a not so fun situation very bearable and I have complete trust in him as my physician.
I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle. I had 50+ eggs retrieved so we figured it was going to happen. I am not sure what drugs I took. it they always made sure I had enough and helped me with costs etc. For this upcoming transfer I am taking estrogen Ijections twice a week, progesterone injections and suppositories the week of transfer anf also a z pak the week of transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica)
The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc. They go above and beyond for their patients. Always smiling and so willing to help.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC. EVERY single person from the front desk to the lab to the embryologist, nurses, doctor, phlebotomist... they are all Perfect. They are all there to help and are so kind and compassionate. They understand it's a tough thing to go through, and they do everything they can to help things go perfectly. I have had zero bad experiences or visits.
I don't remember the total for our retrieval etc. but our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
They helped us make the best decision. Our first was double embryo transfer, we had a singletons. We are transferring one this time around.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Rusself Foulk] was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
It’s a warm atmosphere the office [Utah Fertility Center- St. George] when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.... He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.... I met her [a nurse] 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining and helping us come to a plan for us that would work with our schedule and what we wanted to do. We have only met him 2 times. Once in 2016 and now again this February 2018. We all decided to go with ivf and so I’m just barley beginning the process in the middle of birth control. I look forward to going through the procedures and I’m excited to grow our family. Dr Foulk was very personable and easy to talk to the 2 times we have met. I hope to see him more throughout the process.
Um that he’s very easy to talk to and ask questions.
He was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
I’m just starting so I haven’t really gotten to that point. I’m still in the middle of birth control pills. So I’m at the very very beginning. I have an upcoming water ultrasound and a calendar review tomorrow to go over what to expect and everything. We did decide to do embryo testing and find out which eggs would be best to transfer when I get to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
I met her 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t have a whole lot of information yet to really say much. It’s a warm atmosphere the office when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.
He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.
We did discuss this because we want to have twins hopefully. We went over the why’s and we all agreed on that plan as of now.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of [Utah Fertility Ctr] is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk... They [nurses] were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we did our second IVF with Dr Foulk he tried something new with us. I was put on a Lupron shot for three months, and on vitamin supplements to help the quality of my eggs. We were very hopeful that that would help but when it came time to transfer the eggs they were not good. Dr Foulk was hopeful but I could tell that he felt bad that what we did did not help. He really does care. I do not feel that he just wants my money.
Don’t be afraid to do your research and ask Dr Foulk all the questions that you have. If you feel there is something you want to try ask Dr Foulk what he thinks.
He really cared about me and wanted to help me. I felt that he wanted to help us have a child just as much as we wanted one. I felt that he always listened to what my thoughts were.
Dr Foulk found that I had to cyst, one on each side which he diagnosed as endometriosis. We thought if we would suppress that that would help my eggs get the nutrients that they needed. So Dr Foulk put me on three months of Lupron shot and several vitamin supplements. The results were that it did not work for me.
They were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day. They always provided good information on what my next step was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk
Because it was our second IVF cycle with Dr Foulk the procedure was $7980 the anesthesiologist was $400 cash and the medicine because I am older cost me $5500 .