Available by cell phone
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Russell Foulk to a friend?

4.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?
2015 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor [Dr. Foulk] was happy to let me transfer 2...has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried...After seeing another RE that didn’t listen or respect us, coming to Dr Foulk was a breath of fresh air. He immediately was able to diagnose me after 5 years of “unexplained infertility” and set a course of action to get us going in our treatments.
2015 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask as many questions as you’d like! Dr Foulk is so good to answer everything and work with you and your schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used birth control for 4 weeks and then started stims with Gonal F 300, adjusted up to 375 along with Menopur 75. Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mickelsen )
The nursing staff is generally pretty good. Some nurses are better than others so it’s easy to pick favorites. Lacey was always great to reach out and update my chart online, which was super helpful!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling the IUIs was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
IUIs were $850ish (not including meds) IVF was $8300 (not including meds) and $750 for cryopreservation of our remaining embryos.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor was happy to let me transfer 2.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.

He [Dr. Russell Foulk] took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had...he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once...After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again...Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures...I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor but he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once when we first got our constellation. After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again.
Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures, or to see him again after your constellation.
He took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had.
He started me on progesterone to induce a period. And it went as planned. He then had me take clomid (100mg) for a few days, that produced zero results so they started me on injectables. I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle. The second cycle we tried 2.5 mg of femara for 15 days that also produced nothing. So we started out at 75 units of gonad-f and it barely started to work so they upped my dosage to 150 units. That did start my ovaries producing follicles but very slowly so they again upped the dosage to 225 units. This produced 2 perfect follicles, and I was scheduled my iui. I took a trigger shot 36 hours before the iui, and they did 1 insemination. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. During both of my cycles I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Mcfarland )
My care coordinator Michelle Mcfarland was very knowledgeable and friendly. She double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The strengths of this clinic is that they get things done in a timely manner. The weaknesses would have to be getting back in contact with you over the phone, sometimes it took days to hear back from them.
iui: 875.00 That included, ultrasounds and physician monitoring 525.00, sperm preparation 165.00, And insemination 185.00 My injectable meds were between $405.00-$900.00 depending on the dosage. So all in all 1 cycle was around $2,000.00 with everything.

2014 - 2019
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
He [Dr. Foulk] bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me... He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating.... we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief,
2014 - 2019
European, Other
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Since I've been there so long, there may be another doctor I would be interested in talking to (Dr. Gertcheff - she works at the same clinic) for a 2nd opinion. She seems to have just a bit more compassion (she had to be the doctor to tell me during an ultrasound that I lost my baby, and she rubbed my arm while I sobbed, very soothing and sympathetically). I still adore Foulk, but have been considering switching to Dr. Gertcheff. I may not though, because of my history with Dr. Foulk and because I think he is great at what he does too. He bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me (which is important to me, to feel like a human and not a number). He has tried to help lighten the mood when we are stiff and anxious. He is very realistic about expectations (careful to not get my hopes high when I've had poor quality embryos). He takes time with me when I need it, which I very much appreciate. Infertility has turned me into a very type-A person, where I (likely, to a fault) micromanage my cycle. He doesn't scoff at me for it, but instead works with me to make sure mentally, I am taken care of (since IVF is such a huge undertaking anyway). When I start getting really nutso (because of all the stories online) he is careful to guide me back onto the course and explains that not everything I've read online is accurate. He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating. Before I met Dr. Foulk, my husband and I had spent 6 years trying to get pregnant. We had seen several unqualified doctors who made grandiose promises to us, that were unsuccessful. Dr. Foulk was the first person who gave us hope. Not even necessarily hope for babies, but hope for answers. For 6 years I was told there was no reason for my infertility, but after seeing Dr. Foulk, we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief, for which I am very grateful. One of my biggest let-down's with Dr. Foulk was simply that he didn't test me for endometriosis until after my 1st failed IVF with them. I wish that was something we would have done from the start, just because the 1st IVF felt like a bit of a waste. To be fair though, I didn't understand that the severity of my symptoms were abnormal so I didn't explain that well enough to urge for testing. I can't blame him for thinking I didn't need a laparoscopy. Other than that, I am very pleased.
I'd say to be patient because he has so many clients (all over the state of Utah) and he works in two different clinics so you may not see him often. I would also say that he is very by-the-book with western medicine, so if you're a little on the eastern medicine side of things, he won't discourage you, but he may not see the purpose. I'd also say that you're in great hands, and that all my friends who have seen him (seriously, everyone but me, haha) has ended up pregnant. I'd say, if you explain to him how infertility has impacted other aspects of your life (emotionally, financially, spiritually, etc) he will have a resource to help you. He really, really, knows his stuff.
Dr Foulk has let me call him and barrage him with questions. I walk into each consultation with a long list of questions, and he patiently takes the time to review each of my concerns, and give me resources to his answers. I've experienced a lot of loss at Utah Fertility Center, and he has always been very sympathetic and kind.
This is long! Here we go. 2014 (6 years into my infertility at this point) = 29 years old I still have the paperwork. My daily meds are: Lupron, prenatal, baby aspirin, coq10 Stim meds (10 days): follistim 225, menopur 1 powder 5 days before transfer I start HGH 50 units Feel so bloated. 10 days of stims, then trigger shot. Egg retrieval 2 days later. 31 eggs retrieved. 26 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 20 fertilized. 2 grade C (heavily fragmented) blastocysts by day 5 (the rest have arrested). We transfer both. Use progesterone suppositories after transfer. 10 day beta = 21 HCG ("your number is low but we will be cautiously optimistic!"). Spot and bleed the entire time. I'm instructed to switch to PIO (progesterone in oil) shots (because of the irritation the suppositories are causing to my cervix). It rises appropriately until 600 and then slowly peaks at 700. At my 6 week ultrasound, we see my uterus contracting, and the blood draw that day comes back at 90. I am told to stop all meds. We save for a year to do another IVF. Before the next IVF... Dr. Foulk readdresses the idea of me possibly having endometriosis (because of how many eggs arrested and I was still considered relatively young). I go in for a laparoscopy in 2015 and am told I have stage 4 endo. He removes as much as he can, then puts me on a 3 month treatment of depot lupron to shrink any left over endometriosis. 2016 - 2nd IVF (31 years old) Protocol: Estrace 2 mg vaginally daily, prenatal, coq10, baby aspirin. 10 days of stims: Follistim increased to 300, menopur 1 powder vial, begin HGH 5 days before egg retrieval 36 eggs retrieved. 23 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 18 fertilize. 3 grade B embryos make it to blastocyst stage. We transfer 2, and freeze one. Go on the strongest dose of PIO to help prevent spotting/bleeding. Day 10 beta HCG comes in at 5.1. Am told to continue with meds. It climbs up to 114, and then drops to 19. Chemical pregnancy. I get tested for MTHFR - am tested positive for homozygous C667T. Could explain the recurrent miscarriage. November 2016 - Frozen Embryo (of 1 grade B blastocyst) transfer (am now 32 years old) Protocol: Prenatal with FOLATE (instead of folic acid), estradiol valerate twice a week, baby aspirin, progesterone in oil 1 ml, after transfer I begin heparin (blood thinner) twice a day. 10 Day beta/HCG blood draw: Negative No frozen embryos. Husband and I decide to give IVF one last shot. We want to give it everything we've got. We save for another year. We decide to PGS test the embryos this time. November 2017 egg retrieval Protocol: Prenatal with Folate (for MTHFR), coq10, baby aspirin, Follistim increased to twice a day (morning is 300 mg, night is 225), menopur 1 powder vial, HGH begins 5 days before retrieval, dexamethasone (steroid) starts about 9 days before retrieval. It takes a few extra days of stims this time to get my eggs to the right size. 26 eggs retrieved. 22 are at the right size to inseminate with ICSI. 13 Fertilize properly. All look bad by day 5. But one, shifts and suddenly starts doing better. They call it my FIGHTER baby. One more pulls through. They tell me this one looks pretty bad and give me the option of tossing it. No way. Keep it. Because both my little blastocysts are fragile, I opt out of PGS testing and don't want to damage them. We freeze them while we work on moving out of my in-laws. So in total, I have one grade B blastocyst, and one grade C blastocyst. April (sigh, one year ago) 2018 - 33 years old FROZEN TRANSFER FOR BOTH EMBRYOS They thaw very well. We transfer both. I begin dexamethasone again to suppress my immunity from possibly kicking the babies out. I also start an immuno-suppressant treatment (where I get hooked up to an IV every other week, to flush my body full of intralipids... another attempt to help me from kicking the babies out). I am on heparin (blood thinner (for MTHFR)), prenatal with folate, and the strongest dose of progesterone in oil that I can get. Day 10 beta HCG blood draw = 38 (highest I've ever had, but still considered low) It raises up to 3100 and when I go in for my 6 week ultrasound, I begin bleeding profusely on the table and am told that my baby had died. My 6 week ultrasound turned into an immediate D&C. I walked in pregnant and left empty. My pregnancy tissue is tested and the results come back that I was pregnant with one, chromosomally normal, boy. No frozen embryos. No closer to having a baby than where I was 10 years before. At this point, I've had 93 eggs retrieved from Utah Fertility Center, 7 embryos that made it to blastocyst stage (4 that were grade B, and 3 that were grade C). I've had 2 fresh transfers, and 2 frozen transfers that resulted in 2 miscarriages, and 1 chemical pregnancy. No babies yet. 2019 (currently 34 years old) Dr Foulk recommends I do a donor egg cycle. He says with my age, and how well I responded to meds that he thinks my endometriosis is inside my ovaries and has damaged all my eggs. This has been a LONG process of letting go of the babies we've lost, and trying to figure out what the right step going forward is for my husband and me. We're discussing embryo adoption, foster care, adoption, and yes, donor egg. We have been saving since our miscarriage last year for whatever we attempt. My husband will be going through a DNA sperm fragmentation test this summer to ensure his sperm is chromosomally normal (we have no reason to suspect it isn't, all his semenalysis's have been normal) but he doesn't want to proceed with donor egg until we get those results. Assuming the results come back good, then we will begin the process to use a donor for a donor egg IVF cycle and then will attempt to transfer the embryos back into me. Wish us luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young and Danica Gilbert)
Wonderful. I have no complaints. They took the time to reassure me when I was anxious, let me vent, explain and answer questions to me. When I experienced my last miscarriage, every nurse I worked with came into the room to give me a hug and tell me they were sorry. It was such a bitter-sweet moment. They really made me feel cared for. My dreams were there dreams.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The building is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. They leave no stone unturned before they wrap up for the day.
One of the reasons I chose Utah Fertility Center over Reproductive Care Center in Utah was because RCC made you choose a package based on a gamble ("You can pay $20k up front for 3 egg retrievals and transfers and if it doesn't work we will refund 80%! But if you get pregnant on your first attempt, we won't refund any... and you'll have paid twice the amount that someone who just pays for one cycle gets..."). Utah Fertility Center didn't want to prey on my emotions and said that with each IVF attempt, they will discount the cycle more and more. By the end I was paying a very inexpensive price (well... for IVF anyway) which was very appreciated. They always gave us free ICSI too.
My doctor recommend a single embryo transfer if you are young and the embryo quality is strong. If you are a little older and/or the embryo quality was poor than he recommended transferring more than one (if that was an option). Because of my low embyo quality, we always transferred two.

2017 - 2019
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Foulk always took time to answer all my questions, sometimes the same questions multiple times, either in person or on the phone. He always explained things in ways I could understand and was kind and upbeat. You can tell he loves what he does...did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
2017 - 2019
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Fantastic doctor. Knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Foulk did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
Ask all your questions, don't hold back. If you think of more questions, let the nurses know and they will answer them or set up a time to talk with Dr. Foulk again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert and Lacey Mickelsen)
Danica and Lacey are both fantastic. They are kind and compassionate and always get me the answers I need even if it means asking the doctor and then getting back to me. They are both horrible to reach by phone, but Lacey is more than prompt in replying by email and Danica is usually pretty prompt via email too. They are incredible and love what they do, they're just very busy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weakness: The whole clinic is hard to reach by phone. Strengths: everyone I've ever interacted with genuinely enjoys their job, cares about their patients and is compassionate. The NP's are super knowledgeable and are really great at what they do. Their ultrasound equipment is nice and provides quality images. Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Foulk] is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
Endure and be patient with the process. . I have flown across states to see him and it is worth the time and effort !
They all knew my name and the nurse though busy, was reliable about returning calls. Sometimes it was later (6pm) but she would call! The office seemed to care and be working hard for their patients. I was never rushed around. They have always sought to find answers for me, whether quick questions about a drug or Dr. Foulk taking the time to really answer something thoughtfully and knowledgeably.
We only did an FET with Dr. Foulk (x2) but he was the only doctor I had positive pregnancy tests with (he is the third doctor I saw).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. Several times I met with Dr. Foulk and he set forward a plan and Chelsea was ready at the moment to enact it. She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They’d are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too.
I don’t remember exactly but an FET including medications was about $4000.
Pleasant Grove

Be prepared to talk mostly with nurses and try to ask as many questions as you can when you do meet him [Dr. Foulk]...He started with clomid rounds to for see if I could get pregnant and then when I didn’t he moved us up to IUI. After getting my chemical they did one last round of iui and have offered to do one more round (making 5 rounds total) while my husband and I try to save and plan for IVF...He was very nice in our meetings but we would only see him or talk with him after all planned course of treatments failed. He would just tell us what he wanted to do next and has seemed very hands off.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to talk mostly with nurses and try to ask as many questions as you can when you do meet him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The nurse practitioners were amazing but the medical assistant acted as if it was a pain to answer questions, seemed overly happy to call with negative betas, and showed no empathy or care during my chemical pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have low AMH and my husband has low motility. Dr. Faulk first tried 4 rounds of 5 days of 100mg clomid stimulation which all failed. He decided next to try 4 rounds IUI with Clomid 100 mg for 5 days for stimulation. One resulted in a chemical and the last round the nurse bumped my does up to 150mg of clomid for 5 days. He started with clomid rounds to for see if I could get pregnant and then when I didn’t he moved us up to IUI. After getting my chemical they did one last round of iui and have offered to do one more round (making 5 rounds total) while my husband and I try to save and plan for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna)
Everyone was very sweet except for one medical assistant and a very rude front desk clerk. When we spoke with the Dr about the medical assistant he just laughed it off and has had previous complaints but did not seem to care.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They are fairly slow to respond to phone messages and very rarely answer the nurses help line. It is nice to be able to call nights or weekends if there is an emergency. Sometimes appointments start very late but they usually have openings for procedures. They do not look at timing between trigger shots and iui injections.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We have spent about $10,000 so far. One month of IUI IS $1000 not including meds and one month of medication stimulation is $500. It is $250 for an ultrasound appointment, $250 for semen analysis, $250 for IUI injection appointment.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Reno

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Foulk] has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it...he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He really is worth the wait to see him. There is a reason he is hard to get into, he is just that great. He has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
Trust in his plan and dont be afraid to ask questions. He is worth the wait to get into.
He spent a lot of time explaining to us what was wrong and how we go about fixing it. He gave us statistics. He kept us hopeful but was realistic at the same time. He didnt use medical speak and explained everything so anyone would understand. He met with us numerous times along our journey and even came in on a Sunday to do a consultation since he was booked out really far and we didnt want to delay our IUI cycle.
I started with an HSG test which found lots (50+) polyps and possible blocked tube. I did a saline ultrasound to confirm and get lining measured. I had my first surgery in May 2018. I took birth control before surgery and he adjusted my thyroid medication and added 2000 mg of metformin a day prior to surgery. Went in for another ultrasound after surgery about a month later and he found scar tissue and a couple more polyps. Scar tissue since my surgery was so drastic. Scheduled another surgery which was in August. After surgery I was put on a zpack and estradiol. Started ovaboost at the same time. My husband and I both added fish oil and COQ10. After 21 days of estrodiol started 10 days of progesterone to get to cycle day 1 of iui. IUI is with 5 days of clomid and injectables. Monitoring throughout and trigger shot cd16. Then progesterone suppositories at night and hopefully a BFP at the end. Fingers crossed since we are in the middle of this cycle. If it doesnt work we will jump into the next cycle back to back to avoid more polyps from growing. After 3 we will reassess if they dont work. Each cycle has a 20 percent chance of working.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica (coordinator))
When I was going through some cycle issues before my first surgery I had the same nurse and saw her almost every other day for 2 weeks. She was on top of my care and treatment and fit me in when needed. She was awesome. I have had numerous nurses since then which has been fine. I dont need the same nurse to do each ultrasound or bloodwork. They follow up by the end of the day and are great. Danica is the coordinator and has been wonderful. She answers questions via email and has given me great support.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean and nicely decorated. It has a really welcoming feel. Everyone is friendly and look to be happy to be at work. They donated a full ivf grant to a local charity this year which is super generous. Rooms are inviting and bright. I never have to wait very long which I greatly appreciate.
My insurance covered diagnostic so they covered 90 percent of ultrasounds and my surgeries. I dont have a deductible. My first surgery was in a hospital and total out of pocket was $1,400. Each water ultrasound was $75 and the HSG was $100. Second surgery was $400 cash for the anesthesia (in office and he doesnt do insurance) the procedure was on insurance and I paid $275 out of pocket. IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420. Overall this year I have spent $4000 so far.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I was so nervous as we went for our first appointment with Dr. Foulk. He was the third doctor I had seen over the years that I had been trying to conceive. I had sent in my medical records before our appointment and when we arrived I learned that he had taken the time to study our case before we came. We didn’t have to re-focus on all the sad details of our fertility journey so far. Since he had already done his research we were able to spend our first appointment discussing the plans moving into the future. He was very candid about our prognosis and explained all the details the very best. He was so understanding and kind. He made us feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Send all of your medical records in beforehand so that all parties are ready to discuss treatment options.
Dr. Foulk is understanding about your personal experience with infertility and relates to the desire the couple has to become parents. He remembers your name and takes time to learn about you as a person and not just your medical history.
Dr. Foulk was able to thoroughly describe the effects my severe endometriosis has had on my reproductive system. He knew that my Fallopian tubes were unable to carry an egg into my uterus and that IVF will be the only way for pregnancy to occur. He has been so good and thorough at explaining the IVF treatment schedule.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
The nursing staff are prompt at returning my phone calls and emails. They seem highly educated on any question I ask. I am always impressed by their friendliness.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love that Utah Fertility Clinic is involved in helping clients find the best financial solutions to help them afford their fertility treatments. They have a great patient portal that displays your diagnostic results, treatment plan, and bills which is user friendly. They are kind and friendly.
$8,300 for one round of IVF to the clinic and they estimate $3-8,000 for medications/anesthesia/blood work. They offer incentives if you use the Attain IVF program for paying for multiple cycles.
Pleasant Grove

I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant. New Patient Advice
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I only saw Dr. Foulk once. St George is a satellite office and he works at many different locations. We were extremely happy with our experience with him. He is so nice, he treated us with compassion and listened to our concerns around price. We were there to establish care for embryo donation and he gave us other options that, all though didn’t work, we felt good about trying. He’s a genuinely nice person and I am so thankful I was able to be his patient. I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant.
He is a busy man and depending on where you go you probably won’t see him at appointments
Dr. Foulk was the nicest Dr. I’ve encountered over our 5 years of dealing with infertility. He spoke to us like he knew us, he showed genuine concern about the cost of treatment and our best interests.
We initially wanted to move straight to donor embryos but he wanted to know why we weren’t dying with my eggs. We talked it out and agreed that I had a shot, i’d Gotten pregnant twice on clomid so he didn’t see why we couldn’t try again. Our concern was prove so we went with TI instead of IUI. We ended up doing letrozole and gonal-f with trigger and compounded progesterone suppositories, since I have PCOS getting me to ovulate should have done the trick. I responded slowly even with gonal f so the second round we did more gonal f and more letrozole, still responded slowly but my protocol was adjusted throughout the cycles to add more doses or higher doses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Al of my care was facilitated through nursing staff. I worked with Megan and two other nurses. They were great. They listened to my concerns, responded promptly, were kind and compassionate and adjusted protocol as needed
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
St. George is a satellite office so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.
It’s $525 for monitoring, no additional charge for injectable monitoring. We didn’t do IUI but that was an addition $250 (it could be $225-$275 but I think it was $250) I got my progesterone from a compound pharmacy in st. George and it was $42 for 30. I had to have blood work done for a cyst and it was done at a hospital near by for $75.
St. George

Dr Foulk has been nice the two times that I have seen him. Sometimes I wish I could be able to talk to him. However most of the times it’s just the nurses that I talk to. He is very kind I just wish i has some more support.... He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
You will only see Dr Foulk for consulations otherwise you will see the nurses. Also be prepared for many examinations. I didn’t know there would be so many. Make sure your voice is heard.
I honestly have felt like I have only been a number. They haven’t asked if I have needed help with money. I haved called many times and it has taken sometimes a couple days to get back to me. That being said I have had some nice NP’s that have wanted to help me any chance they have gotten.
I started out with him in April. I had been taking clomid for 3 months before with my normal OB. They did not do any exams just gave me the clomid. So I went to Dr Foulk. He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining. They went a head and did the same thing. No luck. The next month the cyst was still there so we skipped that month. The next month July we tried femara. My lining was better and no cyst. So we went ahead with timed inter course and no luck again. So I went back in for a consultation and decided to try IUI. So I went back on Femera. Everything looked good. Triggered did the IUI and started on progesterone. It didn’t work. Now we are on to our second cycle of IUI. My husband has no problems. We did an HSG no problems there. We aren’t sure at this point why it hasn’t worked.
I have had some excellent NP’s that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are good at getting you in when you need to get in. They will work around your schedule. The lab services have always been very kind. I just wish sometimes I could get someone on the phone. I feel like they are doing what they can for me.
525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was very thorough through our whole process. Starting with removing a polyp, explaining all the testing done on the embryos example PG us. After our first failed transfer He looked into other options for us, he went above and beyond to make sure we did everything we could be for the next one. We did two Separate ERA tests to find out how receptive and when my uterus was receptive. Also did a Neupogen Injection prior to second transfer. Unfortunately just yesterday we were told the pregnancy test is negative
To trust him. He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Foulk and his entire staff treated us with such compassion and care. Never felt like just a number.
The protocol used was starting with estrogen injections, then progesterone injections, second transfer added extra day of progesterone injections because of being pre receptive. Once transfer happened started progesterone suppositories Nightly
Megan always was on top of phone calls responding back to voicemails and emails. Explained everything in detail, handle ordering meds efficiently, over all very efficient and compassionate
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming
$14,000 for IVF cycle $3000 for donor Compensation $3000 for donor meds $2900 for each FET cycle My meds approx $2000 Ultrasounds and labs approx $2000
Because of the PGS testing he recommended one embryo transfer at a time
Pleasant Grove

I didn’t actually meet Russell [Dr. Foulk] ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.... Don’t go in expecting that he is going to manage your care himself. It will be the nurses and staff under him. Which is fine. They were nice and kind
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I didn’t actually meet Russell ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.
I felt like they cared about me getting pregnant, but at the same time, I felt like sometimes, they treated my cycle around their schedule instead of my most fertile times
They put me on femora for 5 days starting the 2nd or 3rd day of my cycle. The dosage started out with 5 mg?? I think at first for the first 3 cycles and then AFTER I REQUESTED, they bumped me up to 7.5 mg/day for the 5 days. During, they monitored me with vaginal ultrasounds to see where my body was at in the process of releasing an egg. Once they felt like I was getting close to ovulating, they had me take an HCG shot at home and then 24-36 hours later, I went in for the IUI treatment. After that, they put me on vaginal suppositories of progesterone for about 2 weeks and then had me come in for a blood pregnancy test (which I rarely even made it to because I always started my period before they could test...) I never got pregnant through 5 cycles of treatments.
They were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very clean and professional looking. It had a warm environment and made you feel comfortable to be there. They were pretty quick with helping you out once you got there and the wait time was generally pretty short
When I went in for consultation, they told me the cost for one treatment would be about $800. But I had insurance (husband didn’t) so half of my treatment cost was covered with insurance. However, they didn’t count the cost or medication which was about $200 each cycle. And I still think even with my insurance covering half of my treatments, after all the medications and costs for me and my husband, each cycle cost more than $800 (which is what they said it would cost total...)

Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
I liked that he [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very honest with me about my fertility. He haven't given me false hope. I feel that he has great bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. The only con I can really say is I rarely see him. So I wish I saw him more. I think I personally saw him 3 times of my 12 months of treatment. I'm not even really sure what my embryo quality was, which may possibly be my own fault, for not contacting him.
European, Other
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
I liked that he was very honest with me about my fertility. He haven't given me false hope. I feel that he has great bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. The only con I can really say is I rarely see him. So I wish I saw him more. I think I personally saw him 3 times of my 12 months of treatment. I'm not even really sure what my embryo quality was, which may possibly be my own fault, for not contacting him.
To go in with an open mind and to keep your faith. Trust your doctor, ask questions, but trust his judgement.
I haven't had a lot of communication directly with Dr. Faulk, because he does also work in Utah. So there isn't a strong relationship, but I do think he truly cares and wants the very best for his patients.
My first 6 cycles were with Clomid, the first cycle I had way too many follicles, so we had to adjust. After adjusting I had 2-3 each time. After 6 cycles he changed me to Femara, which also worked well for me. Unfortunatletly that didn't work either. So we moved to IUI with Femara. He made it clear that my chances would drastically decline after 3 IUI', and after that IVF would be our best bet. He thouroughly went through IVf with me, and we didn't get the results we hoped for, but I don't blame that on him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna Collins)
They were amazing! While I saw Jonna (the PA) every time I had an appointment I got familiar with the nurses, and they are just incredibly. I cannot say enough good things about them.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think they were great. They helped answer any questions promptly, they were really prompt with anything. If I called and left a message I knew I'd get a call back within 30 minutes. Everyone was so friendly from the moment I walked in, until I left. I don't know off the top of my head a weakness
In 13 months total, including 7 times cycles, 3 IUI's and 1 IVF cycle, we have spent about 25K. 13k of that was from IVF.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I only have one embryo, so that's all we talked about
Reno

Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions.... The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush.
Dr Foulk is clearly very knowledgeable about his field and seems to be a successful business man. He has taken the time to answer my questions and is very transparent when asking. However, at my last visit when discussing the IVF procedure it seemed like I had an understanding of where we were going. Later, I received a price sheet from the financial counselor that had all these extra things that we did not discuss. Sometimes, I feel like I am not given the full picture and without all the information I am not equipped to ask all the questions that I need answers.
Do a lot of research on your own to prepare yourself.
Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions. I feel very comfortable with him. However, his professional staff always seem a bit in a rush to get the procedures done and on to the next patient.
The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush. He suggested that even though the success rate was low, the possibility of not doing IVF made trying it worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kellie Kopp)
All the nurses are pleasant, but I felt very neutral about them. They were polite but didn't seem interested in me. All my appointments seemed rushed and important results were not communicated to me. I didn't feel like I could get answers for some of my follow up questions without seeing the doctor again.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.
Clomid with IUI $1248 with medications IVF with egg freezing and PGS biopsy (no transfer) $13100 without medications or PGS testing
Dr Foulk didn't seem to have a strong preference of single vs multiple embryo transfer. I did not seem like he would advise for more than two at one time.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure.... I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure. I always felt like he really cared about me as a person, and that he genuinely wanted to help my family to grow as much as I want it to grow. I appreciated his sense of confidence in the possibility of being able to carry my husband’s baby someday. It did sometimes make the road blocks and set backs hard to swallow, but he always met with us after a loss or bad news and helped encourage us to move forward and not give up. He made me want to keep trying and believe that it is possible, even when my mind and my body wanted to quit. He was also very clear about the risks or percentages of success. I appreciated how candid and experienced he is.
Be upfront about your concerns, your feelings, your wants- both personally and with the procedures etc. I should have expressed more openly how emotionally and mentally hard the medications and treatments were for me. I put on a brave face most of the time, and then I sometimes felt that it wasn’t understood how hard and strainful the whole process was, but then it occurred to me that I had never expressed that I was struggling as much as I was. I would also say decide with your spouse what it is that you guys can handle and are ready for, and be willing to speak up and do things on your timeline as well. I went through multiple rounds and had many road blocks and complications along the way and for a lot of it I just went along for the ride and did whatever I was told to do whenever I was told to do it. Eventually that wore on me, and I realized that I needed to communicate better about where I was personally and where we were as a couple so that we could adjust things to better meet our needs.
Every time that I met with Dr. Foulk he was very sincere, personable, and compassionate. I always felt important and cared for when I had visits/appointments with him. He answered all of mine and my husband’s questions, and I feel like he genuinely cared about us. I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments, but that’s normal. All of the nurses, NPs, and other providers in the office were great as well. Dr. Conway also did one of my ultrasounds and one of my surgeries and she was so kind, thorough, and I felt completely confident in her care. The medical staff explained procedures, answered my questions, and were compassionate each time I saw them. I did feel like sometimes some of the staff (office side more than the clinical staff) forgets how sensitive and tender this whole journey is and can be for individuals. I often felt like I fell through the cracks or got lost sometimes in communication between staff. There were a few different times that I had to contact my coordinator and have her help me sort out some of the confusion/ conflicting appointments, payments, or other issues. But my coordinator was great at always getting things straightened out and taken care of for me.
I’m not great at remembering all the details, especially in the very beginning, but we started with genetic testing for my husband. We were told he was sterile but Dr. Foulk thought otherwise and ran some genetic tests and did a physical assessment on my husband as well. Turns out he is not sterile but is a presenting carrier of cystic fibrosis so he presents as sterile. Dr Foulk did a surgery to retrieve my husband’s sperm and was successful. Then they began working on me with baseline ultrasounds, blood work, genetic tests, etc. I had polyps and ovarian cysts so Dr. Foulk performed a hysteroscopy and explained that it would remove the polyps and leave my uterus nice and smooth for implantation. We then started the medications and procedures for the egg retrieval. I don’t remember what medications I used for the retrieval or fresh transfer prep, (Gonal F was one of them) but will be doing another egg retrieval soon enough to help remind me. We did ultrasounds often to watch the progress and effectiveness of the medications I was taking to make sure my eggs were growing appropriately etc. We also did blood work often to monitor all my levels. While we were waiting on my genetic results we prepared for a fresh transfer, I did daily shots in my tummy, again I don’t remember the medication or doses. But the day before the fresh transfer was scheduled my genetic testing came back positive as a carrier for CF as well so we weren’t able to move forward with the fresh transfer and had to send the embryos for genetic screening. That took a few months, and after we got our embryos back from the genetic testing we prepared for a frozen transfer. For each of the frozen transfer cycles I was on active birth control pills, took 81mg baby aspirin daily, prenatal vitamins, and then injected .15 ml of estradiol valerate IM (glutes) each Tuesday and Friday evening, then about 2 weeks later I added 1 ml IM injections of progesterone in oil daily in the mornings. I did a z-pack the week before implantation, neupogin intravaginally (before two of the frozen transfers), and intralipid infusions and another hysteroscopy tonremove my polyps again, prior to my last frozen transfer. I am about to begin the same round of meds again for the ERA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
My coordinator is the absolute sweetest. She goes out of her way to make sure that I am taken care of and comfortable with all of the procedures etc. I did feel like sometimes there was a lapse in communication between us and the scheduling etc. But she always made sure to fix things promptly when I brought it to her attention or reached out to her with concerns.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I sometimes felt that the office staff were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff. I felt frustrated a few times by the lack of communication between staff, appointments not making it onto the schedules, or lack of financial communication that caused unnecessary stress and anxiety. Overall everyone is kind and helpful, just make sure you are following your own treatment plans, payments, etc. and stay on top of things on your end so you don’t fall through the cracks. I sometimes felt forgotten about, and some of that sentisitvity is likely from all of the medications I was taking. I kept going back because I love Dr. Foulk and Dr. Conway and I am confident that they know what they are doing. Towards the end of my treatments I felt like the staff got better and were warmer and more personable.
We did one egg retrieval and fresh transfer cycle for close to $10,000. Medications were additional. Hysteroscopy was around $500 plus $400 for anesthesia each time, and frozen transfers were about $3,000 plus medications. Genetic testing on the embryos was done at an external lab.
Dr Foulk was very clear about the risks of putting in multiple embryos etc, but he always let me and my husband decide what we felt best about after he educated us. He wasn’t pushy. We put two in each attempt until this last round when we only had one left.
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered.... I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is the sweetest man alive. He walks you through each step and makes sure you know EXACTLY what is going to happen next and why you are where you are. He will get to the bottom of why you're not conceiving on your own, and then he tells you but we will do it! I have full and complete faith in this man and his skill set. He knows what to do and is so compassionate. He has wonderful bedside manner and helps you get through some pretty rough times. I wouldn't go to another doctor if I had to. This man has our respect for life. We can't thank him enough.
Trust in him completely. He WILL make you a parent.
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered. He is kind and caring. I couldn't ask for more in a reproductive endocrinologist. He makes a not so fun situation very bearable and I have complete trust in him as my physician.
I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle. I had 50+ eggs retrieved so we figured it was going to happen. I am not sure what drugs I took. it they always made sure I had enough and helped me with costs etc. For this upcoming transfer I am taking estrogen Ijections twice a week, progesterone injections and suppositories the week of transfer anf also a z pak the week of transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica)
The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc. They go above and beyond for their patients. Always smiling and so willing to help.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC. EVERY single person from the front desk to the lab to the embryologist, nurses, doctor, phlebotomist... they are all Perfect. They are all there to help and are so kind and compassionate. They understand it's a tough thing to go through, and they do everything they can to help things go perfectly. I have had zero bad experiences or visits.
I don't remember the total for our retrieval etc. but our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
They helped us make the best decision. Our first was double embryo transfer, we had a singletons. We are transferring one this time around.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Rusself Foulk] was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining and helping us come to a plan for us that would work with our schedule and what we wanted to do. We have only met him 2 times. Once in 2016 and now again this February 2018. We all decided to go with ivf and so I’m just barley beginning the process in the middle of birth control. I look forward to going through the procedures and I’m excited to grow our family. Dr Foulk was very personable and easy to talk to the 2 times we have met. I hope to see him more throughout the process.
Um that he’s very easy to talk to and ask questions.
He was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
I’m just starting so I haven’t really gotten to that point. I’m still in the middle of birth control pills. So I’m at the very very beginning. I have an upcoming water ultrasound and a calendar review tomorrow to go over what to expect and everything. We did decide to do embryo testing and find out which eggs would be best to transfer when I get to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
I met her 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t have a whole lot of information yet to really say much. It’s a warm atmosphere the office when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.
He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.
We did discuss this because we want to have twins hopefully. We went over the why’s and we all agreed on that plan as of now.

How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we did our second IVF with Dr Foulk he tried something new with us. I was put on a Lupron shot for three months, and on vitamin supplements to help the quality of my eggs. We were very hopeful that that would help but when it came time to transfer the eggs they were not good. Dr Foulk was hopeful but I could tell that he felt bad that what we did did not help. He really does care. I do not feel that he just wants my money.
Don’t be afraid to do your research and ask Dr Foulk all the questions that you have. If you feel there is something you want to try ask Dr Foulk what he thinks.
He really cared about me and wanted to help me. I felt that he wanted to help us have a child just as much as we wanted one. I felt that he always listened to what my thoughts were.
Dr Foulk found that I had to cyst, one on each side which he diagnosed as endometriosis. We thought if we would suppress that that would help my eggs get the nutrients that they needed. So Dr Foulk put me on three months of Lupron shot and several vitamin supplements. The results were that it did not work for me.
They were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day. They always provided good information on what my next step was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk
Because it was our second IVF cycle with Dr Foulk the procedure was $7980 the anesthesiologist was $400 cash and the medicine because I am older cost me $5500 .

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. RusselFoulk biggest strengths are his expertise he has thrity years if experience and his generosity and explain everything very well. The only weakness is he is always really continuously busy....After talking with Dr, Foulk and explaining with endometriosis complications he immediately check my Follicles he recommended that we proceed with "artificial insemination". After trying 3 cycles of IUI, Dr. Foulk recommended that i do IVF.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
At first i was just working with my normal OB he was giving clomid which was not working, so when i went to see Dr. Foulk he was a fertility specialist he was very good at telling me what we were going to do from the day i went in he started right away he explained everything very well
Dr. Foulk was a very good doctor he always explained everything very well he is wanting to help me get the family i've always wanted
Doctor Foulk is a great doctor. While trying several different strategies with no success I finally decided to meet with a specialist. After talking with Dr, Foulk and explaining with endometriosis complications he immediately check my Follicles he recommended that we proceed with "artificial insemination". After trying 3 cycles of IUI, Dr. Foulk recommended that i do IVF.
The nurses at the office where incredible. By the second time they all new my name and my situation. My only complaint is that the first time I tried to call on a weekend the website sent me to the Salt Lake City office. But after explaining my situation they directed me to some one in my location that could help me, and right after that the office gave me a 24 hour phone I could contact so the situation would never happen again. Like I previously stated Dr. Foulk staff is amazing and its really hard to think of anything that has ever been really wrong with my experience.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The Clinic is located Newer part of St. George. When you walk in the environment is clean and inviting. Someone always welcomes you and directs you to a seat. If you have any paper work to fill out they bring it to you. I have never had a time when I felt like they where degrading, inappropriate, or neglecting to my needs. I have no complaints to the clinic's.
St. George
I’ve only completed iui with Dr. Foulk but his strategy was simple. I wasn’t growing follicles big enough on my own so I was placed on Femara to allow that to happen then we got the iui done. My body reacted well to the femara each time and all IUI’s went smoothly. Since the IUI’s did not work for me it was decided that something higher on the reproductive track could be causing this like my egg quality or somehow my tubes are blocked enough to not allow the egg to pass but will allow dye to pass through.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we first met with Dr. Foulk he drew a diagram on a piece of paper explaining all the different areas that could cause infertility and what treatments could help us to know what could be causing the infertility if they didn’t work. I felt he was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. When the IUI treatments didn’t work for me he took the time to sit down with me again and review what happened and to look at what to do in the future without being pushy or wanting to skip to IVF he gave me options and listened to my concerns.
Dr. Foulk has always taken the time at each visit I’ve seen him to clearly explain what he is thinking with my treatment and the course of action. I felt he was very kind and personalized my visit to help me to eventually reach my goal.
The nursing staff was amazing in St. George and the same with the nurses in Pleasant Grove. They have all been so kind and compassionate and cheer you on every step of the way. I’ve had to bring my daughter with me to some visits and they interact and are so sweet with her as well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The St. George clinic was definitely smaller than I had imagined it being but it also made it feel more comfortable and that you wouldn’t fall through the cracks. I think with any clinic doing your own research on the fertility treatments can help you to ask the right questions.
I honestly have amazing insurance that paid 50% of my fertility treatments and usually covered my labs. The most expensive medication I remember was $300.
Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
He is not in charge of scheduling or finances. You will need to talk to the office manager and financial department to get those details.
Called me by name, had reviewed my medical history. Asked me questions. Understood I have a medical background so talked straight to us.
Clomid to help stimulate the eggs and hcG trigger to more timely track Ovulation. Sperm wash and IUI due to male factor of low sperm count and poor mobility.
The st George office is a satilte office so there are two RN’s and an NP. Dr Foulk is in town once a month. The week I met with the doctor they were hiring new staff so it was a bit confusing. The schedule isn’t set so when you think you can go in for an IUI then you find out two days before the NP is working her other job so you have to drive four hours to their main office. Also the pricing isn’t explained well. I had to reach out to the main office manager because my voicemails were not being returned. In person they are great. Very kind.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Would be nice to offer more tests in location. I had to travel four hours away for a water ultrasound and they don’t do IUI or monitoring on the weekends which, fertility has no schedule so there should be an oncall staff member.
$1,100.00 for everything for my first IUI and medications that had to be purchased outside the clinic. The IUI is like $400. Ultrasound is like $250. Sperm prep and wash and such.... I think to the clinic was $875 the rest was medication. My second on femera was $600 and included only the iui and one ultrasound
Na

Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Foulk is well educated and you can tell he has dedicated his professional life to helping those struggling with infertility. However, I felt that he lacks the ability to make you feel important rather than just another number.... Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case.... HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Always write down before you appointment any questions you have and make sure to asking everything and anything while he is there. As once he leaves the room you will not have the chance to speak with him until you fully into the process of your treatment and he comes into the room to do his part.
Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case. Expect one nurse specifically but at times was difficult to get a hold of her and would feel blocked by the other medical staff. When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude. The results were negative and she showed no empathy but treated me like I was just another task on her check list.
HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her. She made you feel like she actual cared. As for the rest of the nursing staff and medical assistants my experience was never great with them. Some were rude and lacked any type of empathy for what the patients were going through. Most of the time I felt like they had no idea what was my course of treatment was or how to help answer questions. Couple times when I called in with concerns and the nurse I had requested to work with directly was out of the office and I had to work with someone else they made me feel like my concern were not valid and was wasting their by calling to ask about them. Every sonographer I worked with was great and I had no complaints with them. I like the nurse practitioners as well one of they even was able to relate as to what I was going through because she as well was going through infertility herself.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: They are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try. I have very difficult veins but was always fully confident in the techs. Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.
IVF cost for blood work, ultrasounds, anesthesia, retrieval, monitoring, and implantation was a little over $10,000.00 IUI cost $1,000.000
Pleasant Grove

I really liked Dr. Foulk as a doctor and as a person. I really felt he cared about me. He is kind and compassionate and very smart. He always took time for my husband and I and always had a box of tissues he would hand me himself when the tears came rolling.... I did 4 cycles with him (1 fresh and 3 frozen) I had 3 resulting pregnancies and of these pregnancies 1 was stillborn at 20 weeks and the others were miscarriages.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I really liked Dr. Foulk as a doctor and as a person. I really felt he cared about me. He is kind and compassionate and very smart. He always took time for my husband and I and always had a box of tissues he would hand me himself when the tears came rolling. Although we didn’t ever get a live baby while working with him, I will say it was a pleasure working with him.
I would say he is great. I would trust him with my life. His staff on the other hand stands in the way of having a smooth and successful process as they drop the ball on details with medications and scheduling. I felt I had to babysit them all the time and call them to remind them to plan and schedule certain things for me since I got so used to the way things worked having gone through 4 different embryo transfers.
I felt like Dr Foulk himself was very warm and definitely treated me like a human. His staff on the other hand did not. They were very disorganized and missed a lot of important details. Also there was a lot of complications with them releasing my embryos in storage when we tried to switch doctors. They were reluctant to work with our new doctor in releasing the embryos to them and also caused some complications with delivery that may have altered the viability of the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
I remember her being very nice. However I did feel like I had to call and remind them of things coming up that I needed. I didn’t think I would have to coordinate my care coordinator.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I felt the clinic lacked organizational skills and the nurse practitioner I saw for ultrasounds was very judgmental and rude. She said some pretty offensive personal things about me. Also I had some complications that arose from embryo transfer and nobody saw the red flags that I was developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome… Which can be a life-threatening situation. I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded I be seei I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded to be seen. I had to rush me to the clinic up north for an emergency fluid draining of my abdomen because it had gotten so bad. I was really sick for a few months and had a lot of physical repercussions from it. After talking to other doctors I found out that this condition was completely preventable and should have been watched for with the number of eggs they saw growing in my ovaries. Nobody took any pre caution to stop it or treat it in advance.
They seemed reasonable and competitive with other doctors I had research

2014 - 2017
Dr. Foulk explained IVF in a simple and easy to understand way. He is kind and compassionate. He is humble and makes you feel comfortable like you’re talking witg a friend. He never made me feel dumb when I asked really basic questions.... Based on my age, history, and situation, we used an intense protocol for drug dosages. We also did ICSI with both cycles. My first IVF cycle resulted in 10 eggs with only 1 fertilized embryo doing ICSI. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. During my 2nd IVF cycle, my egg follicles took longer to grow to the right size than expected so Dr Foulk continued to let them grow until he felt comfortable retrieving.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t expect to go to an appointment and hear all about stats, success rates, etc. Some people want to know all of this while vetting a doctor but this is not his style.
i had met with 2 other infertility doctors prior to Dr Foulk. One did all sorts of testing and the other just for a consultation. Both focused heavily on statistics, their success rates, unlikelihood of my success based on my history and test results, etc. I was so discouraged after working with both of them so when I met with Dr Foulk, he was a breath of fresh air. He was so kind and explained things in a very simple way. He was optimistic but also realistic. He answered all my questions in a very easy to understand way. He discussed how we could easily deal with and overcome some issues that previous doctors were quite negative about handling. I left my consultation with Dr. Foulk feeling hopeful for the first time in many years of infertility and I felt like he truly cared about me and that we were worth a try even if it was unsuccessful. I felt like the other doctors left me with very little to no hope and didn’t like that I would most likely be a negative statistic for them. Dr. Foulk’s approach was completely different and was exactly what my husband and I needed.
Based on my age, history, and situation, we used an intense protocol for drug dosages. We also did ICSI with both cycles. My first IVF cycle resulted in 10 eggs with only 1 fertilized embryo doing ICSI. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. During my 2nd IVF cycle, my egg follicles took longer to grow to the right size than expected so Dr Foulk continued to let them grow until he felt comfortable retrieving. By the time they were retrieved, he felt my window of opportunity for a fresh cycle had passed. He retrieved 11 eggs and 2 fertilized on day 5 and 1 on day 6. They were all frozen and I did a frozen embryo transfer the next month with 2 embryos resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
My nurse with my first IVF cycle was amazing - very organized and helpful, My nurse with my 2nd IVF (Heather) was very kind but a bit scattered and a difficult to follow.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had my appts in St george and my retrieval’s in Pleasant Grove. Both office were in sync with everything I was doing. I was able to get in easily to every appt at my preferred times. The staff was so helpful and willing to talk to me about anything.
Overall with drugs, egg retrieval, and transfer i paid around $15k for each IVF. My fertility drug costs were high - I want to say close to $7500 for my 2nd IVF treatment.
Dr Foulk was clear about putting no more than 2 embryos in per cycle. He left it up to us to decide on the 2nd pregnancy what we wanted to do. I really liked his concern for my well being by not wanting more than 2 transferred vs doing whatever is takes to have a positive success rate.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr Foulk is very knowledgeable and he knows his science. He is up to date on all of his research and know all of the ways to help you conceive. He makes sure that you and your SO are on the same page, that everything is understandable. He CARES about you. He also lightens the burden of infertility by respectfully joking around with you. He becomes a quick friend that helps you grow your family. I’ll never forget him saying he was thinking “sticky thoughts” for us after transferring two embryos that sweetly blessed our family and came into the world 38 weeks later.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Enjoy the ride. Infertility is hard, but you’ve come to the right place. Be open and honest with him. Always make sure to ask questions, they’ll make sure to answer everything.
Dr Foulk was kind and he made you feel like he cared about you personally. He was detailed and straight forward with his information and diagnosis. His staff was friendly and kind, even when they have to share hard news.
Everything was very straight forward. They will give you forms or a calendar with specific directions on what you will be doing. It is very thorough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
She became my instant friend! She gave me her extension so I could contact her directly with any questions or concerns. She would answer within a day and was so kind. She celebrated with me on the phone and was companionate with me in the hard times. I seriously consider the entire office my family.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
While you may feel frustrated with the wait between labs and phone calls, or th fact that you may have to leave a message rather than talk to some one. You are in the best care in the valley. Just hold tight, you’ll get your answers. The environment is clean and welcoming and everyone you meet is encouraging and rooting for you.
It was around $1000 for an IUI cycle with my insurance. I believe it was around $8000 for IVF with medication being around $5000.
They will suggest the healthy amount but ultimately they leave it up to you. Within reason.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Very knowledgeable. Kind. Good bedside manner. [Dr. Foulk] Provided the possible reason for miscarriage and offered a resource to help the next go around. We were slightly confused why the treatment option to help egg quality wasn't mentioned before our first IVF attempt.... I started birth control and prenatal vitamins 6 weeks prior to retrieval, then we both started a z-pack to help prevent infection. I began 20 units of Lupron in the AM & PM 14 days prior to retrieval along with 1 mg of Dexamethasone.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable. Kind. Good bedside manner. Provided the possible reason for miscarriage and offered a resource to help the next go around. We were slightly confused why the treatment option to help egg quality wasn't mentioned before our first IVF attempt.
If dealing with endometriosis, ask what treatments can be done before IVF to help chances of conception and egg quality.
I started birth control and prenatal vitamins 6 weeks prior to retrieval, then we both started a z-pack to help prevent infection. I began 20 units of Lupron in the AM & PM 14 days prior to retrieval along with 1 mg of Dexamethasone. He added AM (225) & PM (150) Follistim and PM Menopur injections to my regimen 11 days before retrieval. I had my blood drawn 5 times before retrieval along with 5 ultra sounds to check egg growth. Ultrasound appointments were 2 1/2 hours away from my home and blood draws were an hour away. I had 21 measured eggs and he had me trigger one day early. He was able to retrieve 18 eggs. 5 made it through the fertilization process and only 3 were viable. All 3 were implanted as one of them had a 10% chance for implantation, another had 20% and another 40%. One ended up implanting, resulting in a HCG lab count. Sadly, I miscarried at 6 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea )
Chelsea was wonderful. She was empathetic and helped us understand everything. She was organized and kept me organized. She responded to emails and voicemails in a timely manner. When she called with high HCG levels indicating pregnancy, she was genuinely so excited for us.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had heard this was the clinic to go to. The clinic was professional, organized and friendly. There were times I felt it to be a shuffle one woman in and shuffle her out for the next, but I feel that could be expected in a fertility clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
I did not go to the Pleasant Grove clinic since I live in Idaho. I went to their Idaho Falls office for my ultrasound appointments. That clinic was wonderful and my tech was amazing. Very comforting and let me know everything she could about what was going on.
The cost for our IVF fresh cycle was $7,900. Medications were roughly $6,000.
I did not have the option of choosing how many eggs to implant. Out of the 3 I had left, none of them were very strong. 2 of the 3 were not expected to implant at all, and were implanted to let my body naturally "dispose" of them.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Foulk] is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.... Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.
Come knowing that you will be well taken care of and don’t be afraid to ask questions. He will explain everything your body is or isn’t doing so that you have the knowledge of what is going on. You’ll never be left in the dark about your fertility treatments.
I was treated like a human because they always made sure I understood exactly what was going on, I never felt embarrassed for asking questions, and they understood the fears I had during the whole infertility process.
Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments. Before we started any medications my husband had his sperm tested to get an idea of count/mobility. Once IUI’s did not work, there was no need to wait on IVF. Again, my husband delivered multiple samples to ease my worry of not having a good enough amount. The day of our egg retrieval, my husband delivered a fresh sample. Due to the low count and mobility we did ICSI so we didn’t waste a whole IVF cycle just to have the sperm not meet with my eggs. It resulted in having 6 embryos. We transferred two, with Dr. Foulk’s suggestion. He said we would have a higher chance to having at least one embryo stick. We did have one embryo stick which resulted in our healthy baby boy and 4 left to freeze for future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Baker )
Every single person on staff was amazing. I felt so comfortable in such an uncomfortable situation. I felt comforted even when I was scared of what my future held because of the staff and my nurse. They always went above and beyond to make sure i knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: Made me feel comfortable, answered all my questions, clean, quick to see me, never waited too long for my appointments. Weakness: When I called the front desk it sometimes took a day to get a call back.
One IVF cycle, including medications, ultrasounds, blood work, retrieval, and transfer was about $12,000.
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Foulk was very personable with us. He was willing to answer all of my many questions. I'm sure I asked some of the same questions over and over again because I'd forget what he said last time, or wasn't completely coherent because of the drugs I was on. He's very systematic in his approach and I trust his opinion and his logic.... We felt like just after the consultation that he had a very good grasp on what might be wrong and how to go about combating it. He is gentle as possible during his examinations.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very systematic in his approach. We felt like just after the consultation that he had a very good grasp on what might be wrong and how to go about combating it. He is gentle as possible during his examinations. He knows what he's doing. I can't recommend him enough.
Come organized. I came with a binder of all of our past test results and a chronological timeline of what we've already tried. I felt like I was able to save a lot of time, avoid redoing a lot of tests, and it helped him know right where to go from there because I came organized with what I've already done and had copies of the results that I'd requested and printed out from my other doctors.
Dr. Foulk was very personable with us. He was willing to answer all of my many questions. I'm sure I asked some of the same questions over and over again because I'd forget what he said last time, or wasn't completely coherent because of the drugs I was on. He's very systematic in his approach and I trust his opinion and his logic. He's definitely an expert in his field and if I ever need infertility treatments again, I would choose him over anyone else.
*Abdomen shots (every day for about 2 weeks): Gonal F (150) and Menopur (1 powder) (to grow eggs) *Cetrotide (to prevent ovulation...shot every day for about 6 days) *Human Growth Hormone (optional, but I strongly recommend it) (4 days-worth of shots, prior to egg retrieval) *5 days-ish before implantation a Neupogen wash (optional, but I strongly recommend it) *Trigger shots: Lupron and Pregnol *Suppositories: Endometrin (I forget how often and for how long) *Cipro for partner (one pill prior to semen collection) *Hardly move for 2 days after implantation) *Because I developed OHSS we had to postpone implantation for a couple of months, which caused me to use a frozen embryo, which resulted in needing to continue daily progesterone shots and suppositories until 10 weeks of pregnancy and Estradiol Valerate (.15ml) shots twice a week (until 10 weeks pregnant) *But I got pregnant for the first time ever in 15 years of trying and am now 6 months along with our baby girl and everything looks great!
The nurses do a lot of the day to day stuff, but they report all of the results to Dr. Foulk every day and he's the one that makes the call on how to proceed from there. I saw a bunch of different nurses. I liked some more than others, but I did like them all. Some were more compassionate but maybe not as gentle and some were gentle, but not as overly compassionate (still nice, but just not AS personable as some of the others...just personality preferences). I like everyone I saw, some were just better at some aspects than others.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They're very organized and do a great job on keeping you informed with what your responsibilities are, what you need to do next, and what they're working on in your behalf. They call you after every visit to let you know if you need to continue your calendar as planned or if any changes need to be made.
Our insurance covered up to $10k of certain parts of the process (I'm not sure how much of that allowance we used....probably most of that). Beyond that, our out of pocket expenses for things that insurance didn't cover totaled between $5k-$6k. This included things such as co-pays, co-insurance, our share of the infertility drugs, drugs not covered, special foods I bought to help with the OHSS I developed, optional acupuncture treatments (about $500), Optional Human Growth Hormones ($1230), optional Neupogen wash ($307...and we ended up needing to do this twice because of the OHSS delaying our implantation).
He strongly recommends no more than 2 embryos because his success rates are so high. We implanted two large, healthy embryos, and one of them took.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
After first meeting with Dr. Foulk, we were very hopeful and excited to get started! He did an ultra sound on me at our initial meeting to try and find the cause of our infertility. He was kind and professional.... Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Try to have the funds available to keep going after failed IUI cycles, but it's okay if you don't. Dr. Foulk stressed the importance of continuing to IVF right after failed IUI cycles. Unfortunately my husband and I didn't not have the funds to try IVF which makes us feel a little nervous to go back and be "one of those patients" who have to essentially start over with treatments.
Dr. Foulk came down to meet us for our initial appointment in St. George. He was very positive and explained/answered all options and questions that we had.
Our plan was to do three cycles of IUI and then move into OFF cycles. Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather Johnson)
In the St. George office, we worked primarily with Heather. She did all of our appointments and IUI cycles. After each appointment, we had a different diagnosis which was a little confusing; however, she showed great empathy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There are a lot of patients at the clinic, but they always did their best to fit me in and work with my schedule. I only had to go to the Pleasant Grove office once. It is very clean and inviting. The staff were very friendly. Specifically in the St. George office, Heather made sure the office was spotless! They were in the process of moving to a different location during my visits.
We were responsible to call the office and pay our bills; they did not call us. When asked what each appointment/procedure cost, we were refereed to the Pleasant Grove office. The medicine was billed by an outside source. Our overall cost for our two IUI cycles and other tests done including medicine was approximately $4000 If I remember correctly.
St. George

Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times.... I met him once, and from then on we received care from a different nurse every time.... I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet.... We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times. At our first meeting, he pulled my gown off without telling me what he was doing and with no warning. He also quizzed me on my diagnosis and made me feel kind of stupid. I only met him one time, so my experience is limited. I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet. We only went with him because he was the only doctor at the clinic who was covered with our insurance, but we will definitely be going with a different doctor for future treatments.
Ask a lot of questions.
We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger. I then used vaginal progesterone suppositories for the remainder of the cycle. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
The nurses are difficult to get in touch with, and when you reach them, you have to explain everything to them each time. They always struggled to understand my questions. At my appointments, I saw a different nurse every time, so I didn't feel like there was one single person who knew me or my file really well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling for your first appointment takes a long time, but after that they are pretty good about getting you a good time for your follow-ups. We switched to this clinic for our 3rd IUI. Our previous clinic charged our insurance for all ultrasounds and blood draws, and we asked UFC if they could do that, and they said they were ethically opposed to doing it. When I told them that meant we would be going back to our old clinic for treatment, they said they could make it happen, and made a big deal about how they "never do that" and said we would have to remind them to bill our insurance at every appointment. It was kind of a hassle, and they made me feel really weird about it. Also, the financial coordinator will not meet with you unless you are starting IVF. Other than that, the clinic was usually really great to work with, friendly, and provided a lot of good info upfront.
We had them charge our insurance for ultrasounds, tests, & bloodwork for our IUI, so we paid $350 for our procedure.

How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was seriously amazing. He was so good at explaining our reason for infertility and he made it so simple and easy to understand. He is a kind and caring doctor-- he was never in a rush with us and would spend as much time as he needed to answer all of our questions. He was always positive and when a treatment didn't work, he would adjust it. He would always do something different. We never did the exact same thing twice with the 4 different treatments we went through with him (2 IUI's and 2 rounds of IVF). I can't recommend him enough. He and his wife struggled with infertility so he really understands on a deeper level what his patients are through. He was the best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is willing to answer whatever you need and he will spend the time with you! He is out of the office a lot at his other clinic- so utilize your time with him.
Dr. Foulk is so personable and he is willing to spend time with you and answer all of your questions. I never felt just like a number because he was never in a rush to answer my questions or address my concerns.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility so we started by doing IUI's with femara and a trigger shot. When 2 cycles failed we decided to move onto IVF. The first cycle was a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our second transfer was a frozen transfer and he added a neupogen wash which resulted in a positive pregnancy with twins! The neupogen is supposed to help with implantation- it makes your lining more receptive and "sticky" for the embryos. It definitely worked since both embryos took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young)
Our IVF coordinator Chelsee was amazing. She was so compassionate and was so delicate in delivering us bad news and so excited when she got to deliver us good news! The rest of the nursing staff was also great. We worked with a couple different nurses throughout all of our treatments and they were all so friendly and kind. It really felt like a family.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has AMAZING staff. The doctors and nurses are so kind and really make you feel at home. Their one weakness I would point out is that they aren't great at answering their phones. The front desk will always answer, but most questions are directed to the nursing staff and it's really hard to get a hold of them. But I found that if I left a message, they always called me back. It just wasn't always as soon as I wanted ;) But their staff makes up for it. I really wouldn't go anywhere else.
Our IUIs and 2 IVF cycles weren't covered by insurance. But most of the blood work and ultrasounds were. The IUI's ended up being around $800 each and the fresh IVF cycle was $9,600 plus medications and then the frozen cycle was $2,700 plus medications. They do have options for payment plans though.

2 IUI, IVF
Dr foulk was great he drew pictures and explained everything that needed to happen in order to get pregnant. I feel like he was thorough in exploring all the possibilities as far as running all the tests to figure out what was wrong. We were able to get all the tests done very quickly in order to move forward with treatment. We didn’t want to waste any time! He was honest about the course of treatment. He said if we did 3 iuis and weren’t pregnant it would be time to move on to ivf. I was grateful he was as anxious about getting us pregnant as we were! He seemed to genuinely care about his patients.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I personally felt like iuis are a waste of money. At least in our case. 3 iuis cost about 6000$. If you think ivf is a possibility I would save the money and just do ivf. It bypasses most of the problems.
Dr foulk was great, he explained exactly what needed to happen to get pregnant.
We did our first iui through a dr office and had Utah fertility wash and prepare the sperm. It was then that we found out about our low sperm count. After that we met with dr foulk. He was able to see our sperm sample and mentioned that it was a possibly we would have to do ivf but that we could try a few more iuis. He gave us a list of some supplements to improve sperm so we tried them for a month. We did all the tests on me to make sure my tubs were good. Uterus looked good and hormones were good. So we tried our second iui. We had comparable sperm as the first time. It failed and the next month we did another iui with even worse Sperm count. At that point we decided we didn’t want to waste any more money doing iuis and scheduled a follow up appointment with dr foulk. He said we could try ivf right away so we did. I wish dr foulk would have told us after seeing our first sperm sample not to bother with iuis. Statistically our chances of iui working were not good. And I felt like it was a waste of time and money. So on to ivf we went. We have amazing results. We ended up with 9 embryos that made it to Day 5. We implanted 1 at the recommendation of dr foulk and it worked we were pregnant with our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember her name)
She was really nice and quick to reply when I had a question. My first calendar had different prescriptions on it then the ones that were ordered for me so I was very confused,so she made me a new calendar with the names of the prescriptions I was given.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Everything at the clinic seemed to run smoothly. Appointments were always easy to make (except the initial consult with the dr we wanted) and were on time. It did take a few months so schedule with the dr we wanted so don’t wait to schedule. The nurses were professional and knew what they were doing. They were great at explaining what they were looking at on the ultrasounds. Phlebotomist were great. I felt like the communication was pretty good,you can always call even on weekends and holidays.
Ivf with icsi 9800$ + medication Iui were about 2000$ each They billed insurance for all tests so I wasn’t charged for those
Dr foulk said we could transfer 1 or 2 embryos it was up to us. But he did advise us that transferring 2 ups your chance of multiples and also the risks that come with a multiple pregnancy. He also said it didn’t double your chance of it taking. It only raises it by 3% in our case
Pleasant Grove
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator... After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator, and they were good at communicating (very slow at times, but always answered my questions.)
I wish I would have gone to him right off the bat, instead of waiting until he was my third doctor. He gets in and out and gets you the best treatment quickly. He adjusts course when needed. He doesn't give unrealistic hope, too - which I liked. He was reasonable and real with his explanations.
Staff and Nurses were very helpful and nice. They did their best to communicate with me via phone, and my IVF coordinator was very kind and reassuring.
I had endometriosis, so he suspected a blocked tube at first. He wanted to try 3 IUI's to isolate the tubes and make sure they weren't the problem before moving on to IVF. After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's. HE listened to me, and said "Let's try something more agressive then. Let's start IVF". We did IVF, found out my egg quality was poor, and he said he was glad we didn't waste time doing IUI's. He said I was right with my gut feeling. We planned to do a frozen cycle with PGS originally with IVF, but my egg quality was so poor, that our only option was the use the only 2 decent embryos (that were fragmenting and not going to make it one more day int he lab unless we transferred them that day) so we changed course and did a fresh transfer. He adjusted course, and we got one embryo to stick. Now I am 18 weeks pregnant with one baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mikkelson)
The nursing staff was great at UFC. They were slow to respond to any phone calls or emails, but they were compassionate and ordered meds in an urgent emergency for me when I needed them the next day. They were overall helpful and great.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC has two locations, Murray and Pleasant Grove. Getting appointments was easy, they were flexible with changes, and helpful in showing me how to do injections. Lots of nurses had done IVF themselves. The only weakness is that their communication is slow and delayed. They do an excellent job in everything else.
It was around 18k for a frozen PGS cycle not including medications and ultrasounds. We opted for a fresh cycle last minute, and had maybe 1,000 left over in credit. I still haven't been mailed a check with our refund because they are waiting on insurance claims, etc. (3 months later)

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed...He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had...He's really nice...When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had. If I had a weird period he wanted me to tell him about it and he would find out why it was weird. He seemed to care about his patients. He seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed. Our last iui my job was closing and we were going to be moved to a different job. I knew our hours would be less and I wouldn't be able to afford another one. When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
He's really nice. I liked his team.
They were really nice there and caring nurses and doctors. They always said hi and asked how we were.
Iui with Clomid. I had to take Clomid for 5 days right starting on day 3 or 4 of my cycle. Then they would insert my husband's washed sperm and give an hsg shot. I had to insert progesterone suppositories for 14 days . Starting the night the sperm was inserted.
They all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back. They did have one lady who had an accent and she was hard to understand.
We paid after each appointment when we checked out. My insurance didn't cover any of our luis so we put it all on a credit card. My insurance did cover a pap smear and the procedure to see if my tubes were blocked. It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui. Medication cost around $200.00. And they charged $15.00 to administer shot before iui. I had a pregnancy test at lab Corp 14 days after each iui that my insurance covered a little of. I think I paid around $50.00 for each test.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.... All 3 IUI cycles I took Femara. First IVF cycle we used Menopur (1 powder), Follistim (225 AM, 150 PM), and Lupron 40 units (20AM/PM). I produced 8 eggs, and by day 5 only had 2 embryos and did a day 5 fresh transfer. Second IVF cycle I was on the Depo-Lupron (medicated menopause) for 3 months previous to the start of our IVF cycle. I was then put on 2mg of Estrace before starting IVF because my ovaries needed to wake up. Menopur (1 powder), Gonal-f (225 AM, 150 PM). I produced 6 eggs (was hoping for a better outcome due to low ovarian reserve) and by day 3 had 2 embryos. We ended up doing a day 3 fresh transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Even though I expected him to be a knowledgeable RE, I still had to be my own advocate and ask for tests and medications used. I was disappointed when I came to my first IUI to find that he wasn't going to perform my IUI and had another perform it.
He gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.
My IVF nurse was wonderful! Very caring and helpful. Though sometimes hard to reach. Nursing staff were always cheerful and tried to remain positive when hearing bad news (negative pregnancy tests). Though they sometimes returned phone calls too late in the day. I had one time where I was getting a rash/breakout from the PIO injections and I called and no one returned my phone call in a timely manner and I was worried so I ended up going into the clinic for them to check out the rash. I'm not sure what they would've told me if I had waited to hear from them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
With test results - they never gave me my numbers for estrogen during IVF. They also never (to my knowledge) checked progesterone levels. I also had to ask how many follicles I had and the size range each and every visit. They also don't have early morning appointments (before 8am) for those that can't take work off.
The cycle fee with insurance was $9,000 for IVF #1, I paid $3,000 deposit. Does not include medication. The self pay fee ($7,900) + ICSI ($1,700) was $9,600 for IVF #2. This does not include medications.
Due to the quality of my eggs and the quality of the embryos we ended up transferring 2 embryos each time to boost our chances of having 1 of those embryos stick.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Foulk was awesome. He really put me at ease during my procedures and was incredibly kind and knowledgeable. He knew exactly why the miscarriage happened and was able to give me hope about what comes next...We did gonal-f and menopur, it seemed to work great and I didn't have many negative side effects. I was so happy with how many eggs/embryos we got...You might not see him for every appointment but he's there for the big stuff and that's what matters.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Trust him. You might not see him for every appointment but he's there for the big stuff and that's what matters.
I felt like a human up until after my transfer. I started bleeding heavily 8dpt. I called the night nurse and she called me back early in the morning and had me come in two days early to do my beta. It was positive but low (63). This is when I became a number. Like I said, I was bleeding heavily. The heaviest pad wouldnt cover it, I was using depends and changing about every hour so they wouldn't overflow. It's like the night nurse and the other nurses and my IVF coordinator weren't talking to each other or putting notes about what was happening on my chart. It was a surprise to everyone every time they called that I was bleeding so much. They also would be cheerful and say how are you doing when they would call. I'm doing terrible and it feels like I'm bleeding to death and can't take ibuprofen or use a heating pad. Some sensitivity training there is needed I think. And just communication, I felt like a number because it felt like this huge serious thing that was happening, they weren't even talking to each other about it. So I must not matter very much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Some of them were great! There is one phlebotomist I don't like very much. I need them to use a blood pressure cuff because I bruise really bad with the band. Two of them were totally fine with it but one would always roll her eyes and huff and be annoyed with me. I also described earlier my problems with them talking to each other about my bleeding. I really loved the nurse that was there for my transfer, she was really sweet.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They aren't very good at returning calls promptly. Almost all of my results were given after business hours. I also wish they wouldn't allow children/babies in the waiting area. It's really hard to see them there in your most vulnerable state. It was incredibly hard to go in for my beta, bleeding severely and have multiple women with babies in the waiting room.
The cycle fee was $7,900. Icsi was $2,000. The drugs were $8,000 but with compassionate care they were $2,000. All in we spent around $15,000
He said it was up to us. But he did recommend we did two to increase our odds. I'm glad we did two because I think if we had done one and it didn't work I would have blamed myself.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Russell Foulk] found that my damaged fallopian tubes were full of fluid and opted not to transfer our embryos until he removed my tubes... My surgery went really well. Ive had several abdominal surgeries and laparoscopies due to my endometriosis, and had the LEAST amount of issues, scarring, and pain during recovery with HIS surgery...You cant even see the scars!!... A few months later, I started injections for frozen embryo transfer prep, transferred 2 strong solid embryos, and 8 months later gave birth to the most beautiful twin baby boy and girl youve ever seen in my life!!! I am excited and SO hopeful to see Dr Foulk for all future frozen transfers!!
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
We had such a fantastic experience with Dr Foulk, I will never refer anyone to ANYONE else but him! He gave us hope in a scary situation, he always calmed my troubled nerves, he was straightforward yet kind if he had to give bad news, but always followed up with reassurance. I wish he could be my Dr for EVERYTHING because he really is the best!!!
Dont give up, keep fighting, and let him do his thing!
Dr Foulk is the most soft spoken and reassuring physician I have EVER been to! Infertility is agonizing and he was excellent at calming my nerves and giving me solid and justifiable hope in my situation. He was incredibly understandable, warm, and explained ecerything in terms I could understand. I appreviated him breaking everything down for me, it made this giant jagged pill I was handed easier to swallow. He really is the best!
When we first saw Dr Foulk, we already knew IVF was our ONLY option for conception, as my stage 4 endometriosis had destroyed my fallopian tubes. We started with baseline testing, in my saline ULSn they found a polyp which he removed prior to continuing treatment. Then we started injections to prep for egg retrieval, then I went in for my fresh embryo transfer. He found that my damaged fallopian tubes were full of fluid and opted not to transfer our embryos until he removed my tubes. If we would have trasferred the embryos in that situation, all that fluid would have washed the embryos out and they would have been wasted. It was hard to have to forgo another surgery, but I was so incredibly grateful that he caught that so we didnt waste precious embryos! My surgery went really well. Ive had several abdominal surgeries and laparoscopies due to my endometriosis, and had the LEAST amount of issues, scarring, and pain during recovery with HIS surgery. You cant even see the scars!! He is truely incredible at ehat he does, I will never go to anyone else for duture endo surgeries! A few months later, I started injections for frozen embryo transfer prep, transferred 2 strong solid embryos, and 8 months later gave birth to the most beautiful twin baby boy and girl youve ever seen in my life!!! I am excited and SO hopeful to see Dr Foulk for all future frozen transfers!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan and Chelsea)
Morgan and Chelsea were absolutley amazing at their jobs! I was so overwhelmed at my plan of care appointment, but I knew I could call any time and have all my questions answered promptly! There was a mix up with my retrieval meds and I didn't get them in time prior to starting and Morgan was able to get me the meds that I needed to hold me over until mine came. I super appreciated this because I was terrified my cycle would get pushed out further but she totally prevented further agonizing waiting! We LOVED our uls techs, ESPECIALLY Lindsey Clements!!! She always had such a great happy attitude, she made me laugh, and made having a transvag uls every day for 8 days straight not so terrible! She was there when I had my transfer, and the one to tell us we were having twins! She will always be considered a friend!! The girls in the lab were incredibly good "sticks" (I hardly felt a thing each time I was poked!) The financial assistance lady helped me understand all my options and gave me hope in the most dire financial situation. Even the girl who scheduled my very first consult was exceedingly helpful!!! They are the best clinic ever, I seriously wish they could treat me for EVERYTHING (all non fertility related ailments) because they are absolutely remarkable!!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are incredibly prompt at returning phone calls and messages! They were all friendly, direct, professional, upfront, and compassionate! The only thing is sometimes the wait time was long, but that was a small price to pay for such immaculate service every where else in the clinic!!
We applied for an Attain program as that was our only option for funding. It was around $20,000 for everything but would cover 2 retrievals and unlimited frozen embryo transfers if we didnt take a baby home right away. And totally worth it for piece of mind. This is not the clinics fault, but I think more infertility services should be covered by insurance!!!!
Dr Foulk let us choose how many embryos (either 1 or 2) we could transfer. He notified us about the risks and benefits of implanting 1 vs 2, and again, filled us with great hope and reassurance with either number we chose.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When I had a miscarriage Dr Faulk talked to me and gave me a lot of closure. I had gotten pregnant with triplets and he said 50% of triplets miscarry. During one sonogram the nurse asked how i was doing and i said good. She said how do you really feel and so I told her I was having side effects of the drugs and she gave me medication to help with the side effect. After my miscarriage and talking to the nurse on the phone she asked how I was doing and talked to me about how hard miscarriages are. Dr Faulk also is very kind and explains everything he is doing when doing the egg implantation and other appointments.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
On our first visit Dr Faulk explained the procedure and each step of treatment. I did 3 rounds of timed intercourse with shots and I got pregnant on my 2nd round but miscarried triplets. I had to go in because I didn't miscarry all the way and he told me the options of D&C or medication. I asked what he suggested and he was honest and said D&C because it is a faster recovery but informed me it would cost more. I ended up doing the D&C and am glad I did it. My 3rd round of timed intercourse with shots I ended up with 4 eggs on my right side and I had gotten pregnant with triplets with 3 eggs so they cancelled my round. Dr. Faulk had me come in and talked to me after canceling the round and told me I could keep trying the shots alone but i will probably keep producing too many eggs. He suggested IVF and we followed his suggestion. My egg retrieval went smooth. I had 60 eggs which was a lot hand had chances of OHSS but was informed what to do to avoid it and was fine to do embryo transfer on day 5.
He is worth the 6-8 week wait to get into but I haven't heard anything bad about the other two doctors in the office.
for Timed intercourse with shots I did 5 days of clomid then 10-12 days of Bravelle or Gonel-F. I started at 75 IU and they would move me up to 150 the last 4-5 days. Thank I would do the trigger shot and have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after the shot. For IVF i did 75IU of Menopur at the same time i also did the following of Gonel-F225 IU for the first 3 days and then went down to 150 IU for 5 days. The last day i did 75 IU of Gonel-F and no Menopur. The last 3 days of shots I also took Ganirelix. I did half a dose of the trigger shot and had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. So I did the shot at 10:00pm on Friday and had my egg retrieval at 10AM on Sunday. The following Friday I had 2 Embryos Implanted and they had me take a valium 30 minutes before the implant. I then had 2 "princess days" where I had to take it easy and to not do anything stressful (no cooking, cleaning, working). I just watched movies an napped. I had blood work done to test beta 10 days later and my beta was 342. They had me come back a week later to test again and it was a little over 3500. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and I am pregnant with twins. I am going back in at week 8 due to some bleeding and will going back at week 9 and then going to a regular OBGYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsie)
The nurse was great she explained everything to me about IVF and then did the final ultrasound before the egg retrieval. I have had other nurses do sonograms also and they have been really nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The office is clean and I only had to wait more the 15 minutes once and it was on a Saturday when they were short staffed. When I left a message I always got a call back and the after hours nurses were always helpful when I had a question. I can't think of any weaknesses.
My insurance covered most of my 3 rounds of Timed Intercourse but they didn't cover the drugs so I don't know the costs. For IVF we did ICSI and so the cost for IVF with ICSI was $9,600 without insurance plus $350 for anesthesiologist for egg retrieval. For Embryo Freezing it was $750 for the freezing and then year 2-5 i think it costs $500 a year for freezing and it goes up after that. My insurance covered the blood work.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Foulk] explains everything and makes sure to answer questions...He was always so straightforward and to the point. He also moved quickly which was nice after waiting so long to get any kind of answers working with our OB/GYN...The first time he did a water ultrasound at our first appointment with him and immediately had a plan of action...We have enjoyed working with Dr. Foulk and how quickly he comes up with a plan of action. We always left his office feeling like we were moving forward.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
We have loved working with Dr. Foulk. He was always so straightforward and to the point. He also moved quickly which was nice after waiting so long to get any kind of answers working with our OB/GYN. We've worked with him two different times. The first time he did a water ultrasound at our first appointment with him and immediately had a plan of action. He scheduled surgery within the next couple of weeks and told us if we didn't get pregnant onout own within 6 months to come back. We luckily were able to get pregnant on our own that time and thought everything was solved. The birth of our first child had several complications, so after we had tried for a year to get pregnant a second time and nothing had happened, we went to Dr. Foulk again. Once again we did a water ultrasound, he thought we had a plan of action, but wanted to do a couple other tests to make sure before we started. After the other testing our plan of action changed. Dr.Foulk performed one of the test a second time, but this time he performed it himself, just to make sure there was no other solicitor besides IVF. He wasn't able to solve the problem, but he immediately got us scheduled to start the IVF process. We have enjoyed working with Dr. Foulk and how quickly he comes up with a plan of action. We always left his office feeling like we were moving forward. He's friendly and jokes around.
Just as with most doctors, you will need to voice your concerns. Stand up for yourself if you don't feel like all of your questions and concerns have been addressed. He's a busy doctor and you can tell he has a lot going on. But he will give you the time you need if you ask for it. He's not a mind reader, so you will have to voice all questions and concerns that don't get answered in the regular discussion.
Dr. Fouls is very friendly. He explains everything and makes sure to answer questions. He moves kind of fast, which might make some people feel like a number, but he makes sure you understand everything.
I was too new/naive to ask what the protocol strategy was, but I know I will ask more information next time! I was put on 10 units of Lupron, 300 of Gonal-F, and 1 of Menopur. After a few days and the first time we did blood work, they added 100 of Gonal-F at night (I believe it was 100). I was doing 2 shots in the morning and 2 shots at night. When we started doing ultrasounds to see how many eggs my body was producing, it wasn't giving them the results they were hoping for. I was told I might have to do the injections a few extra days, which they said was totally normal for some people. I ended up doing 2 extra days of injections so they could get a few more eggs measuring the ideal size. They retrived 14 eggs, 5 were mature enough to fertilize, and 4 started growing into embryos. By day 5, we had 2 embryos left, but 1 wasn't graded very high, and didn't look like it was going to continue growing. We transferred the 1 embryo that was good, and received a positive pregnancy test, that ultimately resulted i our daughter!
Chelsea was fantastic to work with. She answered all of my questions ina timely manner. We did have 1 miscommunication about ordering drugs, but she was able to get it figured out. It pushed our start day back a day or two, but it was not our insurance company's fault. Chelsea was very on top of getting me new calendars when things in the protocol changed. She was fantastic at educating us on the whole IVF process. She was prompt at calling me after blood work was done to go over any changes we needed to make.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved the clinic. I loved all of the staff. I felt they were very accommodating. I actually live in Davis county, so they would try to schedule me at their Murray office for blood work and ultrasounds whenever they could. That way I didn't have to drive as far every day! Everyone was very kind and helpful.
For me they strongly suggested only transferring 1 embryo based on my history. I had complications with a previous pregnancy that would have been even more complicated being pregnant with multiples. They did let us decide, and would have let us transfer 2 if we really wanted to, but advised us that 1 was best in our scenario.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very knowledgeable. He made us feel at ease and made us smile. He knew me and my case. He wasn’t just refreshing his memory with a chart every time I saw him. ... Dr. Foulk put us at ease. He was quick to confirm that something was not right and took swift action. When we came back to try to have another baby, we ran out of money at the end of treatments. He sat with us and comforted us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very knowledgeable. He made us feel at ease and made us smile. He knew me and my case. He wasn’t just refreshing his memory with a chart every time I saw him. I have recommended him to so many people.
Trust Dr. Foulk. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Keep good records and bring them to your consultation.
A previous doctor treated me like I was crazy for thinking there was something wrong. He acted like I was wasting his time. Dr. Foulk put us at ease. He was quick to confirm that something was not right and took swift action. When we came back to try to have another baby, we ran out of money at the end of treatments. He sat with us and comforted us. The nurses and staff would cheer and cry with us. They were amazing! I wish I could still seek treatment wit them, but we have moved too far away.
They would put me at ease in awkward situations. They were sweet with my toddler when I had to bring him with me during our second round of treatments. They called to give me pregnancy test results and cried with me. When I found out I was pregnant with my first they cheered on the phone. They were almost as excited as my mother was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They were on the ball with scheduling and they work really hard with you in the financial office. They were great to work with and always returned phone calls quickly. They were busy, but never made me feel unimportant. They are very flexible with semen collections and drop-off situations, just ask. They have a fantastic facility. We went to their old place first and then their new one. This one is much better.
Pleasant Grove

We really only talked with him [Dr. Foulk] during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there... I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me...Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk did a great job introducing us to infertility. He walked us through what had happened to us and offered explanations as to why I'd had two chemical pregnancies. He worked with our tight time frame (we were moving out of state soon), and he was kind and efficient. We really only talked with him during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there. Overall I liked him, but if we had stayed with this clinic longer, I would have wondered if he was involved much with our care.
This was my first experience with an RE, and it was positive. I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me. The nurses also did a good job helping me and remembering me each time we went in.
I did two clomid IUI cycles with Dr. Foulk. I did a baseline ultrasound, clomid on days 3-7, another ultrasound to determine follicle size, a trigger shot (I believe ovidrel, but I had to mix the injection myself before triggering), and the IUI procedure. They allowed my husband to collect at home and bring the sample in on the day. His numbers were normal. Blood work for HCG level 2 weeks after procedure. Both IUIs were the same. I also did an HSG before starting the IUIs that came back normal, but a hysteroscopy a few years later revealed a blocked tube, (no pregnancies in between) so I'm not sure how reliable that HSG was. We decided to do IUIs because I had gotten pregnant twice that year on my own, but both were chemical (one suspected ectopic but not verified). Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything. We moved out of state before we could do more follow-up with him.
I liked the nursing staff. They did a good job trying to get to know me. This was my first experience with an infertility clinic, so I had been used to being pretty anonymous at any doctor's office, but the nurses here were friendly and kind. I saw a lot of the same nurses over and over, which helped me stay calm for my procedures.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They're busy; they have a lot of patients. This didn't affect me much on a personal care level though. The facility is clean and new, parking is easy, and traffic was never bad to get there. I did most of my blood work elsewhere, which was fine since I lived about 25 minutes from the clinic and one minute from where I did blood work. For my IUIs, the nurses gave me one step at a time, which seemed to be a clinic strategy to help me not get overwhelmed. I think I would have preferred the big picture explained a few more times, however. (This really could be my fault, but I remember wondering why each time I went, I learned new things I had to do and when to do them.) The financial employees were kind, but learning from later experiences at other clinics, no one really sat us down and walked through costs and financing with us. Overall this was a comfortable, safe-feeling clinic. The cleanest and nicest I've been to.
IUI: $1000. Medications on top of that. Clomid, Ovidrel injection, and progesterone suppositories starting the day of the IUI procedure. I think medications were a few hundred dollars. I think insurance covered part of the HSG.

Anovulation, Endometriosis
Just be aware that you won’t see him [Dr. Russell Foulk] for every appointment due to him not always being in the state...He was not willing to transfer more than 2 at a time. He helped us decide to transfer 1 because of the quality of the embryo and told us that if the first transfer did not work, my husband and I could choose to transfer 2 the next time...He was very caring and worked to create a plan that was best for us. He told us what option he originally thought was best then during our exam he explained why he thought a change to the plan would be best for us.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He has a few different clinics so he is obviously not in the clinic I used all the time. Because of that his partners had to step in to help with some of my care. To me, this wasn’t an issue because I trusted everybody in his clinic to provide the same care that he did
Just be aware that you won’t see him for every appointment due to him not always being in the state
He started me on follostim, and Menopur for 10 days with ultrasounds to check progress starting on day 6. My follicles were looking really good so they had me start ganirellix each day. I was able to stop injections on day 9 because my follicles looked so good and each ultrasound (day 8 and 9 I had ultrasounds as well). I did my trigger the day before retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
Lacey was very prompt with getting back to me if I called with questions. I always got calls about my blood results hours before I was expecting them. Very friendly and prompt
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The front staff was friendly but I didn’t think they worked hard to build a connection with the patients. The nurses, however did a great job of making you feel comfortable and answering any questions you had
The cost of IVF was $8,300. Medications cost me about $4000 and the cost for freezing embryos is $500 per year.

Anovulation, Unexplained
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.... Timed intercourse with meds $575 for office visits and $200 for meds IUI $875 for office visits and procedure and $200 for meds
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.
Make sure you be up front about what you expect. Make sure they remember what you want.
He got straight to the point and gave me the answers I was looking for. He didn’t beat around the bush at all.
3 rounds of femara with a trigger shot Then one round of femara with a trigger shot and an IUI, resulting in pregnancy, but lost at 8 weeks.
One nurse was super nice, but then I moved and had to go to a new location and the other nurses would forget to call me on my results until the old nurse would call and ask why they never called me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They need to make sure they call with results when they say they are going to. They also need to have more appt times. Work is hard to miss constantly for drs appts. They are very friendly but need to remember that just because they see this everyday it’s still hard and new to us patients.
Murray

He [Dr. Foulk] was very clear and pretty to the point. Only met with him at our first consultation. Would have like some More info when we got negative results but there was just some slight differences. I think he is very good and we will meet with him soon if we get another negative test back.... I am currently taking met Formin and my husband is was taking testosterone supplements. We took 3 months to put him on more natural supplement. During that time I took a stronger birth control to try and force my body to ovulate.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very clear and pretty to the point. Only met with him at our first consultation. Would have like some More info when we got negative results but there was just some slight differences. I think he is very good and we will meet with him soon if we get another negative test back.
Plan ahead. The nursing staff runs on their time not yours. You need to plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time for appointments
He was kind and sympathize but very clear and got to the point.
I am currently taking met Formin and my husband is was taking testosterone supplements. We took 3 months to put him on more natural supplement. During that time I took a stronger birth control to try and force my body to ovulate. We then started immediately with the IUI and clomid. We have had two negative results and are in the middle of our 3rd.
They are very hard to communicate with. They kind of run on their own time and not the patients. They are kind but they struggle to get back to ya.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clinic is very clean and has a good flow. I like the clinic and facility a lot. It is kept up and warm to be inviting. The only thing to improve is sometimes you have to wait a long time at the front because the receptionist is not at the front and that can be frustrating.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Russell Foulk] will tell you about likely outcomes and how long it may take to conceive, don't be discouraged by that. I appreciated him being candid about it...We only met Dr Foulk twice, once at my initial consultation and once during my first treatment. He explained clearly what was probably going on with my PCOS and our options to conceive. I felt he listened to our concerns. He also was quick to adjust treatment when my body wasn't responding as planned.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He will tell you about likely outcomes and how long it may take to conceive, don't be discouraged by that. I appreciated him being candid about it.
First cycle that I did not get pregnant, I started on 100mg of Clomid per day for 5 days. My eggs had not grown so they did 150mg of Clomid for 5 more days then a trigger shot of HCG and times intercourse. Second cycle I did get pregnant, we did 150mg Clomid for 5 days then again for 5 more days since my eggs didn't respond the first 5 days. After the 10 days, we did two shots of FSH over a couple days and my egg released before my next appt so no trigger shot.
The were wonderful! I spent most of my treatment working with the nurses and care team. I felt they genuinely cared about me and my treatment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The St George clinic is a small office. Never was busy or had long waiting periods. Clean and easy to get to. I would definitely recommend. I felt there was much privacy since it wasn't a huge clinic.
I don't remember exactly, I believe it was around $500 for each timed intercourse/induced ovulation cycle and another couple hundred for prescriptions.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
When seeing Dr. Foulk he listen and wanted to know more about our story. He was very confident in our treatment plan and at events outside of the clinic he made sure to say hello by name and get to know us!... He was very confident in our case. He new our history and put our worries at ease. He has amazing bedside manner and relates to you and your journey. He made me excited to start this part of our journey and made us feel confident we’re other Doctors would blow our concerns off
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Go in with a open mind! Dr. Foulk is one of the best and wants one thing, to put a baby in your arms! He and his office will walk you through the process every step of the way!
We are currently waiting to start treatments!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Johnson)
They are amazing! They talk you through each step and communicate results and process promptly! They answer all questions big and small and never make you fell silly for asking!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They offer multiple offices as well as being involoved in the fertility community by donating free cycles and raising awareness for infertility! They make themselves available pretty much 24/7 and make sure to help this work for your work schedule! They are very confident in their abilities and also very knowledgeable in their field! They treat you like a family member and not just another check to cash.
They were very through in laying out each cost.
He lets you decide within safety! He allows you to be apart of you care!
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Foulk always had my best interest. I transferred two embryos one split so I ended up being pregnant with triplets. Unfortunately I lost my identical set and he was so caring and understanding how much our heartaches but kindly reminded us that we have one healthy baby. ... He never rushed through the visit. ... I ended up with a floating ovary so he had to make a incision in my uterus to get the eggs from my ovary.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He never rushed through the visit. He made sure you understand what everything meant and why he was doing what he was doing. He had amazing beside manners and always would make sure you felt comfortable and at ease with the process.
He knows what he is talking about and he makes sure every plan is suitable for you.
We had our retrieval in August of 2016. We were planning on a fresh cycle. Unfortunately I ended up with a floating ovary so he had to make a incision in my uterus to get the eggs from my ovary. So the plans changed for a frozen transfer the following month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
They overall did a decent job but it was always a bit of a challenge to get them to call you back.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is extremely clean and organized. Usually the front desk lady is friendly and helpful. The staff will make sure you understand the next steps and they’ll help in any way. They freeze your eggs right in that clinic everything is usually done in that clinic.
My insurance covered a good portion of my IVF but we still spent about 7,000 dollars out of pocket.
He wants to make sure you have the best chance to have a healthy baby.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr Russell Foulk] was genuine and kind BUT very busy. I felt like part of an assembly line...I wish I was able to see him more often. He was really nice but I didn’t ever feel like I fully understood what was going on or the suggestions he made and I did t feel comfortable enough to ask further questions. I would go google everything after the appointments...I was doing a third round of IUI and his nurse practitioner did it, he said we probably should t have done it. I was frustrated that he wouldn’t have been involved in my procedures as a doctor and his nurse could have the day all. I’m paying lots of money for his care NOT the nurse practitioner.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Demand more information and time.
He was genuine and kind BUT very busy. I felt like part of an assembly line. I did not like his nurse practitioners. They didn’t help me feel understood, heard, or cared for.
I always felt I left confused on my next steps. I would ask questions and never felt I got a full answer. My appointments always felt rushed. When things came back negative I got very sympathy. It was just on to the next.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Prepare to wait in the waiting for a bit. Appointments always started a little late and then you would wait in the room for a while. Demand answers and advocate for yourself. Dr Faulk is caring but you rarely see him.
Everything felt expense but my husband is still a student and I am a teacher. I can’t remember specifics. I do know it was more expensive than my current fertility clinic.
He was fine to do multiple embryo transfer.

Male Factor, Other
So far, we have completed 3 IUIs with clomid [with Dr. Russell Foulk] (I believe 100 mg for 5 days) and an HSG trigger shot. All were ineffective...I felt as if Dr. Foulk rushed through telling us our diagnosis, but followed up when we reached out with questions...He is very kind...When we talked to him about IVF, it was confusing and he could have taken more time. Also, his quote was extremely off from the financial aid person.
Male Factor, Other
He is very kind. I wish he would slow down and explain things a bit better at times. When we talked to him about IVF, it was confusing and he could have taken more time. Also, his quote was extremely off from the financial aid person.
If you have to go the IVF route, make an appointment with the financial aid person the same day so you get all the correct information.
Everyone is very friendly and seems to care. I felt as if Dr. Foulk rushed through telling us our diagnosis, but followed up when we reached out with questions.
So far, we have completed 3 IUIs with clomid (I believe 100 mg for 5 days) and an HSG trigger shot. All were ineffective. The clomid gave me headaches and made me emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Henderson )
Very nice, polite and understanding.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They are professional, accommodating, on time and informative. They seem to really care about their patients. They could explain procedures better especially IVF so patients can make an informed decision.
Each IUI cost approximately $1300. They quoted us approximately $20,000-25,000 for one IVF cycle.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. Foulk is a man who loves his job and really cares about his patients. He will do whatever he can to get you a baby...is direct and tells us how it is. He's very respectful and compassionate while listening to our concerns and problems...Every time we wanted to meet with him one-on-one he spent time with us, answering all our questions and concerns. He is very blunt, but in a way that helps us understand and focus our efforts. He has a soft side which comes out through showing empathy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk is direct and tells us how it is. He's very respectful and compassionate while listening to our concerns and problems. His staff can be slow to return messages, but they are always polite and friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
They are always kind and empathetic. They explain procedures really well and help make our times at the clinic much better than it could have been. They can be a bit slow at returning voicemail messages.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic staff is friendly. The facility is clean and well designed. The best part is their sperm donation room with their sperm sink decor. The staff can be slow to return messages but when I speak to them they are informative and helpful.
Approximately $800 per IUI cycle plus additional medications. I don't remember how much the consultation fees cost.
Pleasant Grove

Listen and ask as many questions as you need...he [Dr. Foulk] is very understanding...He said that we could choose one or 2 [embryos to transfer]...I felt like he took the time to listen to my story. Told us all the procedures and time frame and the odds...was great at explaining everything even when I had a million questions. Also was great at listening to us and not just making us feel like a number. His strengths are being patient understanding and strait forward. Weakness lol he could make it more affordable but is being patient with is so we can come up with more money. Overall a great experience
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr foulk was great at explaining everything even when I had a million questions. Also was great at listening to us and not just making us feel like a number. His strengths are being patient understanding and strait forward. Weakness lol he could make it more affordable but is being patient with is so we can come up with more money. Overall a great experience
Listen and ask as many questions as you need he is very understanding
I felt like he took the time to listen to my story. Told us all the procedures and time frame and the odds. Also had an awesome staff
I have no tubes I had 2 ectopics first we had a consultation and then he explained that we would start birth control then shots then retreval and then a fresh transfer
She was amazing always called and checked up on us and was always happy to see us. And alsI made a great calendar for us
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths always clean friendly and had lots of packets and info and info about grants. Always smiled and greeted us every time. Also a very big facility. And did everything there retreval and ultrasounds
It was 8,300 for retreval and procedures and 2,500 for meds
He said that we could choose one or 2

Endometriosis, Other
Dr Foulk was incredibly personable. I could tell he had read through our paperwork and came into our first meeting with a plan. He took his time with us, explained why we are having infertility issues, gave us a game plan and answered every question. For the first time in three years years we felt hope.... He really took his time with us. He explained everything and answered every question. He felt very genuine and caring.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Be ready for a lot of information. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey)
Our care coordinator Lacey as well the rest of the nursing staff have been wonderful. They are kind, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We’ve had a wonderful experience here. Even when my husband passed out after a blood draw, everyone was fantastic. They took care of him and did their best to lessen his embarrassment. The thing I personally got overwhelmed with was the financial aspect. It was a ton of information. I wish I would have had my husband there so he could have helped me process it all.
Our insurance covers only blood work so the cost for us we figured will be about $23,000 total.

2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them...Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions... very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
he’s very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
He’s very smart and good at his job but not very warm.
Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions.
Danica is awesome and great at her job. She has a lot of compassion and makes up for what dr foulk lacks
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall UFC has been a good experience because I have had 2 babies because of them. I have heard they are the best in my state which is why I decided to go with them but they do have some weaknesses. They take forever to call you back with results and often it’s after 5 so if you miss their call and try to call right back, you can’t get through and have to wait a whole extra day. Everything is rushed and sometimes results get mixed up and protocols get mixed up. I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them
IUIs were around 900 out of pocket and IVF was around 8,000 out of pocket. FETs are around 3200
I always transferred 2 embryos. My embryos always implanted but I always ended up miscarrying one or both early on
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is a great doctor, so far. He's thorough and looks at all the angles/options for treatment. He was great at letting me know how many eggs were retrieved (which was important to me) before I left the clinic after retrieval.... We did IVF with ICSI. We used Lupron Depot for three months before IVF in hopes that it would improve egg quality. It didn't seem to make much of a difference in embryo quality.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor, so far. He's thorough and looks at all the angles/options for treatment. He was great at letting me know how many eggs were retrieved (which was important to me) before I left the clinic after retrieval.
He was kind and attentive and encouraging.
The nurses don't work every day of the week, so if you leave them a message, you may not hear back. Sometimes, I would be expecting a phone call and not hear back. That was frustrating, but it never caused any problems that couldn't be fixed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has very high success rates. They are efficient and appointments are quick and easy. The clinic itself is decorated nicely and comfortably. There's always enough room in the waiting room. The nurses are so nice. The financial staff and front desk staff haven't been quite as friendly. :)
It was $9800 to do IVF with ICSI

IUI, 2 IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Faulk is very educated. I have not received results I want but I think I have a different situation than the normal patient. I do wish more miscarriage tests were ran on me before the second egg retrieval and frozen embryo transfers,... The first egg retrieval was just a normal stimulation and egg retrieval. We did pgs. The first embryo transfer was negative and second was positive but resulted in miscarriage of a healthy embryo at 7 weeks. Second egg retrieval had a lot more stimation medicine and higher dose of hcg in hopes to get more mature eggs. Did not get more mature eggs. Did pgs and had the same amount of normal embryos. Transferred two got pregnant with one and carried until almost ten weeks then miscarried a 10 week genetically normal embryo.
IUI, 2 IVF
You are in good hands.
He knows me and my husband by name and situation.
Megan and Danica are both great!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths - advanced quipment, knowledgeable workers, nurses have great communication Weaknesses- it is a big company with a lot of patients, dr Faulk is frequently is other clinics, late response time on results
Don’t remember insurance was billed but an egg retrieval was about 12,000 and frozen embryo transfer was about 3,000 but could be wrong
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Foulk is caring and easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions and sent me home with a good amount of information to read. Getting an appointment took a little more time than expected, but all other appointments have been convenient. Having two locations seems to be a great idea.... Dr. Foulk met with me and spent all the time I needed to understand my treatment options. I didn't feel rushed at all.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I would tell prospective patients to book your initial appointment early. All other appointments are easily scheduled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ann Marie)
My primary nurse was great. I didn't have a good experience with the nurses that performed the IUIs. I'm not sure if the problem was with me or them, but it was very painful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I really appreciate that there are two clinics close to me so I can make appointments that are convenient for my schedule. When parking at the Murray facility, park in the North corner of the parking structure.
A cycle of IUI treatment is $850 which includes everything except medication and sperm.
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Foulk is very personable and has a good bedside manner. Some of my bloodwork came back a little crazy and I was worried about it, Dr. Foulk called me personally once evening to reassure me that everything was okay and I shouldn't stress about it. Dr. Foulk was very hopeful for our situation and shared every emotion that we had... Dr. Foulk was upfront with us regarding our infertility issues. He was also very hopeful and gave a lot of good information.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Schedule with him. He's amazing!
Dr. Foulk was upfront with us regarding our infertility issues. He was also very hopeful and gave a lot of good information. He shared the same emotions that we did regarding our negative pregnancy tests and our large number of eggs retrieved. We live Dr. Foulk
I started off with 3 IUI's and they all failed. We discussed other options with Dr. Foulk and we all agreed that IVF was our next step. We are still in the process of that right now.
They have been amazing. Have always answered my questions and are very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very organized and communicative. They make you feel at ease and not so nervous. They understand what you are going through and help you through it every step of the way. You know you are not alone and that you always have their support. Amazing people and clinic!
Dr. Foulk is open to multiple embryo transfers but he will only transfer two.
Pleasant Grove
Just know that you may not see him [Dr. Foulk] a lot because he is busy, but he does know who you are and what's going on with your case...He just wanted to start with basics and go from there. He was up for whatever I suggested since I went in with a lot of research behind me...I felt like he really cared, and he knew what he was doing. He's just so busy, I only really met with him during consultations.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Feel like I'm in great hands with Dr. Foulk. He is super smart, to the point, but I never felt rushed in our consultations with him. He let me ask all sorts of questions, was compassionate, and funny. Happy I went with him.
Just know that you may not see him a lot because he is busy, but he does know who you are and what's going on with your case.
When meeting with Dr. Foulk, I felt like he really cared, and he knew what he was doing. He's just so busy, I only really met with him during consultations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Susie)
Love them all. Most of them have been in my shoes, and they really empathize with us.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are clean, organized, and the nurses are so sweet. The front desk is their weakness. Not very welcoming, they barely acknowledge you're there. It's weird. That is the only thing I would say is their weakness.
So far we've paid over 20k for 1 IUI and 1 IVF cycle, and 1 FET cycle.
He was pretty vocal that a single embryo transfer was best for higher results of healthy take home baby.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Foulk] was knowledgeable, friendly and quick to make informed decisions when needed. He kept me and my spouse informed the whole time. Interacted with my Mom who came to almost all of my appointments and was what I imagined he would be like with an extra side of funny quirkiness.... My husband has a rare condition resulting in male factor infertility so he was adamant we see an Reproductive Endocrinologist for that reason.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was knowledgeable, friendly and quick to make informed decisions when needed. He kept me and my spouse informed the whole time. Interacted with my Mom who came to almost all of my appointments and was what I imagined he would be like with an extra side of funny quirkiness.
Take notes and ask all the questions. Don’t be dismayed if it will take a long time to get an appointment with him, if he’s the doctor you feel the best about, go to him. My husband has a rare condition resulting in male factor infertility so he was adamant we see an Reproductive Endocrinologist for that reason.
The initial consult felt a little routine but the other meetings with him were lovely.
Morgan felt like my best friend. She was there for me every single time I needed something, she acted quickly and always helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We loved the atmosphere, receptionist and I became good friends with my X-Ray Tech. She and I totally hit it off which really put me at ease. Calling the clinic and getting a return phone call is sometimes tricky. Persistence is important.
Pleasant Grove

Dr foulk was very knowledgeable about treatments and diagnosis, he had an upbeat personality but knew when to be serious about risks. Only thing I would change is touching base with him personally throughout my cycles... In my IVF cycle we used a freeze all cycle due to high AMH level. We used frozen transfer to prevent possible OHSS. Outcome was a healthy self going into my transfer and resulted in my twin pregnancy
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Listen to the advice he has concerning your cycle, he is very knowledgeable about different approaches.
Dr foulk took the time to get to know our particular situation and also had meeting with his coordinators specifically concerning our cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young )
My IVF coordinator was very responsive to my emails and calls. Also she took the time to describe everything to me at all times
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clinic was very clean and organized. They made sure to make sure things were comfortable and calm. Downfall about the clinic is scheduling was sometimes not correct as in arriving for the appointment that someone forgot to imput in the system
The costs for our treatment was pretty normal for other clinics and other doctors I have heard of. Also the costs were cut down and specific
Dr foulk was supportive in my decision to transfer multiple embryros, but made sure we understood the risks and possibilities of multiple embryo transfers
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Foulk] was kind, he explained the procedures and when we didn’t understand a concept, he would slow down, back up and start over until we understood what he was talking about.... A great doctor while still having a great bedside manner and being friendly. He fully explored our options with us and let us do the course of action we ultimately thought was beat for us as a family.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was great. A great doctor while still having a great bedside manner and being friendly. He fully explored our options with us and let us do the course of action we ultimately thought was beat for us as a family.
Book him, if he isn’t available wait and try again.
He was kind, he explained the procedures and when we didn’t understand a concept, he would slow down, back up and start over until we understood what he was talking about.
We did 2 IUI treatments initially to try the less expensive route, both of those were not successful. Then we went on the IVF journey
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They did a great job caring. We had a positive pregnancy test and were over the moon. Not too long after my wife started bleeding and we got scared. They got us in and did an ultrasound right away. This was very early in the pregnancy but they didn’t brush the concern aside. We were able to see our tiny baby on the ultrasound and get confirmation that she was ok and thriving. I think a lot of places would have brushed us off. But after 1 years of trying that’s exactly what we needed.
It’s been a few years. I don’t really remember all the price breakdowns.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Foulk is the most compassionate doctor, he will tell you if you are a good candidate and if you are to high of risk he will refuse to do treatment. For some that is harsh but he wants you to be safe as well as for the baby you would be carrying. He truly wants the best for his patients... Dr. Foulk was amazing & I could tell he really wanted to give us our miracle baby. I felt he tried every avenue and was unwilling to give up hope. He explained our failed cycle and gave us hope for the future
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
They cared about me. Each staff member cared about me personally! Absolutely loved how I felt in their office
I can’t remem doses, but used gonal F, menopur and several others
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya )
The absolute best! She was so kind & even when she called to say it was negative showed compassion
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Loved everything about it from start to finish, from financial to the treatment we received. Even with a negative outcome we still would highly recommend their team to anyone seeking treatment. Thanks
The cycle was approximately $8,000 for IVF
Dr. Foulk asks you how many we only had 2 and due to quality he recommended we do both.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] recommended Clomid but I do not remember why that was the first option since my problem was keeping a pregnancy as opposed to not ovulating or getting pregnant. When I miscarried, he recommended intralipid infusion therapy because it had some success with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. ... He was friendly and professional but things felt rushed, like he was on a time crunch.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk is so knowledgeable! He's also very personable and easy to trust. He recommended the best course of action based off of our testing. We never moved forward with his second recommended treatment (intralipid infusion therapy) due to finances but he did give us the best options for our circumstance. He did seem overbooked or rushed to get through appointments.
Be prepared for information overload! This could be a good or bad thing, depending on your personality.
He recommended Clomid but I do not remember why that was the first option since my problem was keeping a pregnancy as opposed to not ovulating or getting pregnant. When I miscarried, he recommended intralipid infusion therapy because it had some success with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. We did not proceed with that treatment due to finances.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall, Utah Fertility Center was great to work with. The only complaint I has was about the front desk lady who seemed put off by doing her job most of the time. It's been a few years so I'm not sure she's still there anyway.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I love our doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] and plan to go back. He was friendly, compassionate and drew pictures to make sure we understood the procedure and risks and outcome. He met with us for consultation, follow up after failed and has a plan of action for next treatment if we can ever afford to try again...He took the time to answer our questions and explain the procedure to us...I took menupur, lupron and Bravelle. I had the Bravelle during the period it had a recall and think that might be why my cycle failed. I was also on birth control before.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I love our doctor and plan to go back. He was friendly, compassionate and drew pictures to make sure we understood the procedure and risks and outcome. He met with us for consultation, follow up after failed and has a plan of action for next treatment if we can ever afford to try again.
ask questions
He took the time to answer our questions and explain the procedure to us.
I took menupur, lupron and Bravelle. I had the Bravelle during the period it had a recall and think that might be why my cycle failed. I was also on birth control before. We had ultrasounds and blood draws to monster levels, size etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee)
She wasn't always fast at call backs but I was always able to get a call back from her or another nurse. She let me know where there were changes in my medications. She ordered all my medications for me. She was compassionate and a cheerleader for me in weight loss as well as in getting a baby
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It's a clean friendly place. Everyone is compassionate. I liked the nurses and doctor as well. The receptionist could be a little more friendly
We spent I think 500 for anesesthia, 4000 medications and 8,600 for all dr fee's I also paid for nutrition
My doctor gave us the choice between one or two and we selected two.

2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in... I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. ... I feel like they are not good at calling you back. I had OHSS and called the clinic, they didn't call me so I had to go to the hospital. They called the ER doctor back. They do this so often that they don't recognize how scary, expensive and violating this process was
2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Come with a list of questions
I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in
Avoided hcg trigger because I had a really high amh so tried to avoid OHSS. Constant monitoring. Reduced my medications several times
Chelsee was the best with the daughter, me and my crazy emotions and really cared
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Poor at calling back. I feel like the phone tree is annoying especially since its for several clinics. I hate that they don't do payment plans. Coming up with $28,000 has us paying a loan until my baby is in 2nd grade
$28,000 for ivf and about $8000 for the 2 iui's

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Foulk] thought i had unexplained infertility but that something was wrong with my eggs. ... Super knowledgeable and professional. I felt confident he knew how to treat me. I was disappointed i didn’t see him other than the first consult and transfer, but i was assured he was following my treatment and adjusting my doses. ... He said it was possible i wouldn’t get pregnant depending on retrieval and that they can’t fukly predict retrieval, but he felt i had good chances.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Trust him.
He took time to explain
He thought i had unexplained infertility but that something was wrong with my eggs. He said it was possible i wouldn’t get pregnant depending on retrieval and that they can’t fukly predict retrieval, but he felt i had good chances.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had a hard time getting through on the phone at times, but patient portal was great and i liked that they gave me employee emails. Staff was friendly and environment clean. Super flexible about payments.
Costs seemed on par with the norm. They never pressured me to pay even if they let me Know what my bill was.
They left it up to me but said they didn’t feel i needed to do two at my age