Utah Fertility Center

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolUCSD
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Russell Foulk to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?
I didn’t actually meet Russell [Dr. Foulk] ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.... Don’t go in expecting that he is going to manage your care himself. It will be the nurses and staff under him. Which is fine. They were nice and kind
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I didn’t actually meet Russell ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I felt like they cared about me getting pregnant, but at the same time, I felt like sometimes, they treated my cycle around their schedule instead of my most fertile times
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
They put me on femora for 5 days starting the 2nd or 3rd day of my cycle. The dosage started out with 5 mg?? I think at first for the first 3 cycles and then AFTER I REQUESTED, they bumped me up to 7.5 mg/day for the 5 days. During, they monitored me with vaginal ultrasounds to see where my body was at in the process of releasing an egg. Once they felt like I was getting close to ovulating, they had me take an HCG shot at home and then 24-36 hours later, I went in for the IUI treatment. After that, they put me on vaginal suppositories of progesterone for about 2 weeks and then had me come in for a blood pregnancy test (which I rarely even made it to because I always started my period before they could test...) I never got pregnant through 5 cycles of treatments.
They were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very clean and professional looking. It had a warm environment and made you feel comfortable to be there. They were pretty quick with helping you out once you got there and the wait time was generally pretty short
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
When I went in for consultation, they told me the cost for one treatment would be about $800. But I had insurance (husband didn’t) so half of my treatment cost was covered with insurance. However, they didn’t count the cost or medication which was about $200 each cycle. And I still think even with my insurance covering half of my treatments, after all the medications and costs for me and my husband, each cycle cost more than $800 (which is what they said it would cost total...)
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
I liked that he [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very honest with me about my fertility. He haven't given me false hope. I feel that he has great bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. The only con I can really say is I rarely see him. So I wish I saw him more. I think I personally saw him 3 times of my 12 months of treatment. I'm not even really sure what my embryo quality was, which may possibly be my own fault, for not contacting him.
European, Other
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I liked that he was very honest with me about my fertility. He haven't given me false hope. I feel that he has great bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. The only con I can really say is I rarely see him. So I wish I saw him more. I think I personally saw him 3 times of my 12 months of treatment. I'm not even really sure what my embryo quality was, which may possibly be my own fault, for not contacting him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
To go in with an open mind and to keep your faith. Trust your doctor, ask questions, but trust his judgement.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I haven't had a lot of communication directly with Dr. Faulk, because he does also work in Utah. So there isn't a strong relationship, but I do think he truly cares and wants the very best for his patients.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My first 6 cycles were with Clomid, the first cycle I had way too many follicles, so we had to adjust. After adjusting I had 2-3 each time. After 6 cycles he changed me to Femara, which also worked well for me. Unfortunatletly that didn't work either. So we moved to IUI with Femara. He made it clear that my chances would drastically decline after 3 IUI', and after that IVF would be our best bet. He thouroughly went through IVf with me, and we didn't get the results we hoped for, but I don't blame that on him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna Collins)
They were amazing! While I saw Jonna (the PA) every time I had an appointment I got familiar with the nurses, and they are just incredibly. I cannot say enough good things about them.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think they were great. They helped answer any questions promptly, they were really prompt with anything. If I called and left a message I knew I'd get a call back within 30 minutes. Everyone was so friendly from the moment I walked in, until I left. I don't know off the top of my head a weakness
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
In 13 months total, including 7 times cycles, 3 IUI's and 1 IVF cycle, we have spent about 25K. 13k of that was from IVF.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I only have one embryo, so that's all we talked about
Reno
Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions.... The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush.
Dr Foulk is clearly very knowledgeable about his field and seems to be a successful business man. He has taken the time to answer my questions and is very transparent when asking. However, at my last visit when discussing the IVF procedure it seemed like I had an understanding of where we were going. Later, I received a price sheet from the financial counselor that had all these extra things that we did not discuss. Sometimes, I feel like I am not given the full picture and without all the information I am not equipped to ask all the questions that I need answers.
Do a lot of research on your own to prepare yourself.
Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions. I feel very comfortable with him. However, his professional staff always seem a bit in a rush to get the procedures done and on to the next patient.
The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush. He suggested that even though the success rate was low, the possibility of not doing IVF made trying it worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kellie Kopp)
All the nurses are pleasant, but I felt very neutral about them. They were polite but didn't seem interested in me. All my appointments seemed rushed and important results were not communicated to me. I didn't feel like I could get answers for some of my follow up questions without seeing the doctor again.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.
Clomid with IUI $1248 with medications IVF with egg freezing and PGS biopsy (no transfer) $13100 without medications or PGS testing
Dr Foulk didn't seem to have a strong preference of single vs multiple embryo transfer. I did not seem like he would advise for more than two at one time.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure.... I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure. I always felt like he really cared about me as a person, and that he genuinely wanted to help my family to grow as much as I want it to grow. I appreciated his sense of confidence in the possibility of being able to carry my husband’s baby someday. It did sometimes make the road blocks and set backs hard to swallow, but he always met with us after a loss or bad news and helped encourage us to move forward and not give up. He made me want to keep trying and believe that it is possible, even when my mind and my body wanted to quit. He was also very clear about the risks or percentages of success. I appreciated how candid and experienced he is.
Be upfront about your concerns, your feelings, your wants- both personally and with the procedures etc. I should have expressed more openly how emotionally and mentally hard the medications and treatments were for me. I put on a brave face most of the time, and then I sometimes felt that it wasn’t understood how hard and strainful the whole process was, but then it occurred to me that I had never expressed that I was struggling as much as I was. I would also say decide with your spouse what it is that you guys can handle and are ready for, and be willing to speak up and do things on your timeline as well. I went through multiple rounds and had many road blocks and complications along the way and for a lot of it I just went along for the ride and did whatever I was told to do whenever I was told to do it. Eventually that wore on me, and I realized that I needed to communicate better about where I was personally and where we were as a couple so that we could adjust things to better meet our needs.
Every time that I met with Dr. Foulk he was very sincere, personable, and compassionate. I always felt important and cared for when I had visits/appointments with him. He answered all of mine and my husband’s questions, and I feel like he genuinely cared about us. I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments, but that’s normal. All of the nurses, NPs, and other providers in the office were great as well. Dr. Conway also did one of my ultrasounds and one of my surgeries and she was so kind, thorough, and I felt completely confident in her care. The medical staff explained procedures, answered my questions, and were compassionate each time I saw them. I did feel like sometimes some of the staff (office side more than the clinical staff) forgets how sensitive and tender this whole journey is and can be for individuals. I often felt like I fell through the cracks or got lost sometimes in communication between staff. There were a few different times that I had to contact my coordinator and have her help me sort out some of the confusion/ conflicting appointments, payments, or other issues. But my coordinator was great at always getting things straightened out and taken care of for me.
I’m not great at remembering all the details, especially in the very beginning, but we started with genetic testing for my husband. We were told he was sterile but Dr. Foulk thought otherwise and ran some genetic tests and did a physical assessment on my husband as well. Turns out he is not sterile but is a presenting carrier of cystic fibrosis so he presents as sterile. Dr Foulk did a surgery to retrieve my husband’s sperm and was successful. Then they began working on me with baseline ultrasounds, blood work, genetic tests, etc. I had polyps and ovarian cysts so Dr. Foulk performed a hysteroscopy and explained that it would remove the polyps and leave my uterus nice and smooth for implantation. We then started the medications and procedures for the egg retrieval. I don’t remember what medications I used for the retrieval or fresh transfer prep, (Gonal F was one of them) but will be doing another egg retrieval soon enough to help remind me. We did ultrasounds often to watch the progress and effectiveness of the medications I was taking to make sure my eggs were growing appropriately etc. We also did blood work often to monitor all my levels. While we were waiting on my genetic results we prepared for a fresh transfer, I did daily shots in my tummy, again I don’t remember the medication or doses. But the day before the fresh transfer was scheduled my genetic testing came back positive as a carrier for CF as well so we weren’t able to move forward with the fresh transfer and had to send the embryos for genetic screening. That took a few months, and after we got our embryos back from the genetic testing we prepared for a frozen transfer. For each of the frozen transfer cycles I was on active birth control pills, took 81mg baby aspirin daily, prenatal vitamins, and then injected .15 ml of estradiol valerate IM (glutes) each Tuesday and Friday evening, then about 2 weeks later I added 1 ml IM injections of progesterone in oil daily in the mornings. I did a z-pack the week before implantation, neupogin intravaginally (before two of the frozen transfers), and intralipid infusions and another hysteroscopy tonremove my polyps again, prior to my last frozen transfer. I am about to begin the same round of meds again for the ERA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
My coordinator is the absolute sweetest. She goes out of her way to make sure that I am taken care of and comfortable with all of the procedures etc. I did feel like sometimes there was a lapse in communication between us and the scheduling etc. But she always made sure to fix things promptly when I brought it to her attention or reached out to her with concerns.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I sometimes felt that the office staff were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff. I felt frustrated a few times by the lack of communication between staff, appointments not making it onto the schedules, or lack of financial communication that caused unnecessary stress and anxiety. Overall everyone is kind and helpful, just make sure you are following your own treatment plans, payments, etc. and stay on top of things on your end so you don’t fall through the cracks. I sometimes felt forgotten about, and some of that sentisitvity is likely from all of the medications I was taking. I kept going back because I love Dr. Foulk and Dr. Conway and I am confident that they know what they are doing. Towards the end of my treatments I felt like the staff got better and were warmer and more personable.
We did one egg retrieval and fresh transfer cycle for close to $10,000. Medications were additional. Hysteroscopy was around $500 plus $400 for anesthesia each time, and frozen transfers were about $3,000 plus medications. Genetic testing on the embryos was done at an external lab.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Dr Foulk was very clear about the risks of putting in multiple embryos etc, but he always let me and my husband decide what we felt best about after he educated us. He wasn’t pushy. We put two in each attempt until this last round when we only had one left.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered.... I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is the sweetest man alive. He walks you through each step and makes sure you know EXACTLY what is going to happen next and why you are where you are. He will get to the bottom of why you're not conceiving on your own, and then he tells you but we will do it! I have full and complete faith in this man and his skill set. He knows what to do and is so compassionate. He has wonderful bedside manner and helps you get through some pretty rough times. I wouldn't go to another doctor if I had to. This man has our respect for life. We can't thank him enough.
Trust in him completely. He WILL make you a parent.
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered. He is kind and caring. I couldn't ask for more in a reproductive endocrinologist. He makes a not so fun situation very bearable and I have complete trust in him as my physician.
I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle. I had 50+ eggs retrieved so we figured it was going to happen. I am not sure what drugs I took. it they always made sure I had enough and helped me with costs etc. For this upcoming transfer I am taking estrogen Ijections twice a week, progesterone injections and suppositories the week of transfer anf also a z pak the week of transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica)
The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc. They go above and beyond for their patients. Always smiling and so willing to help.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC. EVERY single person from the front desk to the lab to the embryologist, nurses, doctor, phlebotomist... they are all Perfect. They are all there to help and are so kind and compassionate. They understand it's a tough thing to go through, and they do everything they can to help things go perfectly. I have had zero bad experiences or visits.
I don't remember the total for our retrieval etc. but our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
They helped us make the best decision. Our first was double embryo transfer, we had a singletons. We are transferring one this time around.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Rusself Foulk] was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining and helping us come to a plan for us that would work with our schedule and what we wanted to do. We have only met him 2 times. Once in 2016 and now again this February 2018. We all decided to go with ivf and so I’m just barley beginning the process in the middle of birth control. I look forward to going through the procedures and I’m excited to grow our family. Dr Foulk was very personable and easy to talk to the 2 times we have met. I hope to see him more throughout the process.
Um that he’s very easy to talk to and ask questions.
He was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
I’m just starting so I haven’t really gotten to that point. I’m still in the middle of birth control pills. So I’m at the very very beginning. I have an upcoming water ultrasound and a calendar review tomorrow to go over what to expect and everything. We did decide to do embryo testing and find out which eggs would be best to transfer when I get to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
I met her 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t have a whole lot of information yet to really say much. It’s a warm atmosphere the office when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.
He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.
We did discuss this because we want to have twins hopefully. We went over the why’s and we all agreed on that plan as of now.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we did our second IVF with Dr Foulk he tried something new with us. I was put on a Lupron shot for three months, and on vitamin supplements to help the quality of my eggs. We were very hopeful that that would help but when it came time to transfer the eggs they were not good. Dr Foulk was hopeful but I could tell that he felt bad that what we did did not help. He really does care. I do not feel that he just wants my money.
Don’t be afraid to do your research and ask Dr Foulk all the questions that you have. If you feel there is something you want to try ask Dr Foulk what he thinks.
He really cared about me and wanted to help me. I felt that he wanted to help us have a child just as much as we wanted one. I felt that he always listened to what my thoughts were.
Dr Foulk found that I had to cyst, one on each side which he diagnosed as endometriosis. We thought if we would suppress that that would help my eggs get the nutrients that they needed. So Dr Foulk put me on three months of Lupron shot and several vitamin supplements. The results were that it did not work for me.
They were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day. They always provided good information on what my next step was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk
Because it was our second IVF cycle with Dr Foulk the procedure was $7980 the anesthesiologist was $400 cash and the medicine because I am older cost me $5500 .
Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
He is not in charge of scheduling or finances. You will need to talk to the office manager and financial department to get those details.
Called me by name, had reviewed my medical history. Asked me questions. Understood I have a medical background so talked straight to us.
Clomid to help stimulate the eggs and hcG trigger to more timely track Ovulation. Sperm wash and IUI due to male factor of low sperm count and poor mobility.
The st George office is a satilte office so there are two RN’s and an NP. Dr Foulk is in town once a month. The week I met with the doctor they were hiring new staff so it was a bit confusing. The schedule isn’t set so when you think you can go in for an IUI then you find out two days before the NP is working her other job so you have to drive four hours to their main office. Also the pricing isn’t explained well. I had to reach out to the main office manager because my voicemails were not being returned. In person they are great. Very kind.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Would be nice to offer more tests in location. I had to travel four hours away for a water ultrasound and they don’t do IUI or monitoring on the weekends which, fertility has no schedule so there should be an oncall staff member.
$1,100.00 for everything for my first IUI and medications that had to be purchased outside the clinic. The IUI is like $400. Ultrasound is like $250. Sperm prep and wash and such.... I think to the clinic was $875 the rest was medication. My second on femera was $600 and included only the iui and one ultrasound
Na
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Foulk is well educated and you can tell he has dedicated his professional life to helping those struggling with infertility. However, I felt that he lacks the ability to make you feel important rather than just another number.... Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case.... HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her.
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Always write down before you appointment any questions you have and make sure to asking everything and anything while he is there. As once he leaves the room you will not have the chance to speak with him until you fully into the process of your treatment and he comes into the room to do his part.
Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case. Expect one nurse specifically but at times was difficult to get a hold of her and would feel blocked by the other medical staff. When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude. The results were negative and she showed no empathy but treated me like I was just another task on her check list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her. She made you feel like she actual cared. As for the rest of the nursing staff and medical assistants my experience was never great with them. Some were rude and lacked any type of empathy for what the patients were going through. Most of the time I felt like they had no idea what was my course of treatment was or how to help answer questions. Couple times when I called in with concerns and the nurse I had requested to work with directly was out of the office and I had to work with someone else they made me feel like my concern were not valid and was wasting their by calling to ask about them. Every sonographer I worked with was great and I had no complaints with them. I like the nurse practitioners as well one of they even was able to relate as to what I was going through because she as well was going through infertility herself.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: They are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try. I have very difficult veins but was always fully confident in the techs. Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.
IVF cost for blood work, ultrasounds, anesthesia, retrieval, monitoring, and implantation was a little over $10,000.00 IUI cost $1,000.000
2014 - 2017
Dr. Foulk explained IVF in a simple and easy to understand way. He is kind and compassionate. He is humble and makes you feel comfortable like you’re talking witg a friend. He never made me feel dumb when I asked really basic questions.... Based on my age, history, and situation, we used an intense protocol for drug dosages. We also did ICSI with both cycles. My first IVF cycle resulted in 10 eggs with only 1 fertilized embryo doing ICSI. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. During my 2nd IVF cycle, my egg follicles took longer to grow to the right size than expected so Dr Foulk continued to let them grow until he felt comfortable retrieving.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t expect to go to an appointment and hear all about stats, success rates, etc. Some people want to know all of this while vetting a doctor but this is not his style.
i had met with 2 other infertility doctors prior to Dr Foulk. One did all sorts of testing and the other just for a consultation. Both focused heavily on statistics, their success rates, unlikelihood of my success based on my history and test results, etc. I was so discouraged after working with both of them so when I met with Dr Foulk, he was a breath of fresh air. He was so kind and explained things in a very simple way. He was optimistic but also realistic. He answered all my questions in a very easy to understand way. He discussed how we could easily deal with and overcome some issues that previous doctors were quite negative about handling. I left my consultation with Dr. Foulk feeling hopeful for the first time in many years of infertility and I felt like he truly cared about me and that we were worth a try even if it was unsuccessful. I felt like the other doctors left me with very little to no hope and didn’t like that I would most likely be a negative statistic for them. Dr. Foulk’s approach was completely different and was exactly what my husband and I needed.
Based on my age, history, and situation, we used an intense protocol for drug dosages. We also did ICSI with both cycles. My first IVF cycle resulted in 10 eggs with only 1 fertilized embryo doing ICSI. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. During my 2nd IVF cycle, my egg follicles took longer to grow to the right size than expected so Dr Foulk continued to let them grow until he felt comfortable retrieving. By the time they were retrieved, he felt my window of opportunity for a fresh cycle had passed. He retrieved 11 eggs and 2 fertilized on day 5 and 1 on day 6. They were all frozen and I did a frozen embryo transfer the next month with 2 embryos resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
My nurse with my first IVF cycle was amazing - very organized and helpful, My nurse with my 2nd IVF (Heather) was very kind but a bit scattered and a difficult to follow.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had my appts in St george and my retrieval’s in Pleasant Grove. Both office were in sync with everything I was doing. I was able to get in easily to every appt at my preferred times. The staff was so helpful and willing to talk to me about anything.
Overall with drugs, egg retrieval, and transfer i paid around $15k for each IVF. My fertility drug costs were high - I want to say close to $7500 for my 2nd IVF treatment.
Dr Foulk was clear about putting no more than 2 embryos in per cycle. He left it up to us to decide on the 2nd pregnancy what we wanted to do. I really liked his concern for my well being by not wanting more than 2 transferred vs doing whatever is takes to have a positive success rate.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr Foulk is very knowledgeable and he knows his science. He is up to date on all of his research and know all of the ways to help you conceive. He makes sure that you and your SO are on the same page, that everything is understandable. He CARES about you. He also lightens the burden of infertility by respectfully joking around with you. He becomes a quick friend that helps you grow your family. I’ll never forget him saying he was thinking “sticky thoughts” for us after transferring two embryos that sweetly blessed our family and came into the world 38 weeks later.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Enjoy the ride. Infertility is hard, but you’ve come to the right place. Be open and honest with him. Always make sure to ask questions, they’ll make sure to answer everything.
Dr Foulk was kind and he made you feel like he cared about you personally. He was detailed and straight forward with his information and diagnosis. His staff was friendly and kind, even when they have to share hard news.
Everything was very straight forward. They will give you forms or a calendar with specific directions on what you will be doing. It is very thorough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
She became my instant friend! She gave me her extension so I could contact her directly with any questions or concerns. She would answer within a day and was so kind. She celebrated with me on the phone and was companionate with me in the hard times. I seriously consider the entire office my family.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
While you may feel frustrated with the wait between labs and phone calls, or th fact that you may have to leave a message rather than talk to some one. You are in the best care in the valley. Just hold tight, you’ll get your answers. The environment is clean and welcoming and everyone you meet is encouraging and rooting for you.
It was around $1000 for an IUI cycle with my insurance. I believe it was around $8000 for IVF with medication being around $5000.
They will suggest the healthy amount but ultimately they leave it up to you. Within reason.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Very knowledgeable. Kind. Good bedside manner. [Dr. Foulk] Provided the possible reason for miscarriage and offered a resource to help the next go around. We were slightly confused why the treatment option to help egg quality wasn't mentioned before our first IVF attempt.... I started birth control and prenatal vitamins 6 weeks prior to retrieval, then we both started a z-pack to help prevent infection. I began 20 units of Lupron in the AM & PM 14 days prior to retrieval along with 1 mg of Dexamethasone.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable. Kind. Good bedside manner. Provided the possible reason for miscarriage and offered a resource to help the next go around. We were slightly confused why the treatment option to help egg quality wasn't mentioned before our first IVF attempt.
If dealing with endometriosis, ask what treatments can be done before IVF to help chances of conception and egg quality.
I started birth control and prenatal vitamins 6 weeks prior to retrieval, then we both started a z-pack to help prevent infection. I began 20 units of Lupron in the AM & PM 14 days prior to retrieval along with 1 mg of Dexamethasone. He added AM (225) & PM (150) Follistim and PM Menopur injections to my regimen 11 days before retrieval. I had my blood drawn 5 times before retrieval along with 5 ultra sounds to check egg growth. Ultrasound appointments were 2 1/2 hours away from my home and blood draws were an hour away. I had 21 measured eggs and he had me trigger one day early. He was able to retrieve 18 eggs. 5 made it through the fertilization process and only 3 were viable. All 3 were implanted as one of them had a 10% chance for implantation, another had 20% and another 40%. One ended up implanting, resulting in a HCG lab count. Sadly, I miscarried at 6 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea )
Chelsea was wonderful. She was empathetic and helped us understand everything. She was organized and kept me organized. She responded to emails and voicemails in a timely manner. When she called with high HCG levels indicating pregnancy, she was genuinely so excited for us.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had heard this was the clinic to go to. The clinic was professional, organized and friendly. There were times I felt it to be a shuffle one woman in and shuffle her out for the next, but I feel that could be expected in a fertility clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
I did not go to the Pleasant Grove clinic since I live in Idaho. I went to their Idaho Falls office for my ultrasound appointments. That clinic was wonderful and my tech was amazing. Very comforting and let me know everything she could about what was going on.
The cost for our IVF fresh cycle was $7,900. Medications were roughly $6,000.
I did not have the option of choosing how many eggs to implant. Out of the 3 I had left, none of them were very strong. 2 of the 3 were not expected to implant at all, and were implanted to let my body naturally "dispose" of them.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Foulk] is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.... Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.
Come knowing that you will be well taken care of and don’t be afraid to ask questions. He will explain everything your body is or isn’t doing so that you have the knowledge of what is going on. You’ll never be left in the dark about your fertility treatments.
I was treated like a human because they always made sure I understood exactly what was going on, I never felt embarrassed for asking questions, and they understood the fears I had during the whole infertility process.
Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments. Before we started any medications my husband had his sperm tested to get an idea of count/mobility. Once IUI’s did not work, there was no need to wait on IVF. Again, my husband delivered multiple samples to ease my worry of not having a good enough amount. The day of our egg retrieval, my husband delivered a fresh sample. Due to the low count and mobility we did ICSI so we didn’t waste a whole IVF cycle just to have the sperm not meet with my eggs. It resulted in having 6 embryos. We transferred two, with Dr. Foulk’s suggestion. He said we would have a higher chance to having at least one embryo stick. We did have one embryo stick which resulted in our healthy baby boy and 4 left to freeze for future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Baker )
Every single person on staff was amazing. I felt so comfortable in such an uncomfortable situation. I felt comforted even when I was scared of what my future held because of the staff and my nurse. They always went above and beyond to make sure i knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: Made me feel comfortable, answered all my questions, clean, quick to see me, never waited too long for my appointments. Weakness: When I called the front desk it sometimes took a day to get a call back.
One IVF cycle, including medications, ultrasounds, blood work, retrieval, and transfer was about $12,000.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Foulk was very personable with us. He was willing to answer all of my many questions. I'm sure I asked some of the same questions over and over again because I'd forget what he said last time, or wasn't completely coherent because of the drugs I was on. He's very systematic in his approach and I trust his opinion and his logic.... We felt like just after the consultation that he had a very good grasp on what might be wrong and how to go about combating it. He is gentle as possible during his examinations.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very systematic in his approach. We felt like just after the consultation that he had a very good grasp on what might be wrong and how to go about combating it. He is gentle as possible during his examinations. He knows what he's doing. I can't recommend him enough.
Come organized. I came with a binder of all of our past test results and a chronological timeline of what we've already tried. I felt like I was able to save a lot of time, avoid redoing a lot of tests, and it helped him know right where to go from there because I came organized with what I've already done and had copies of the results that I'd requested and printed out from my other doctors.
Dr. Foulk was very personable with us. He was willing to answer all of my many questions. I'm sure I asked some of the same questions over and over again because I'd forget what he said last time, or wasn't completely coherent because of the drugs I was on. He's very systematic in his approach and I trust his opinion and his logic. He's definitely an expert in his field and if I ever need infertility treatments again, I would choose him over anyone else.
*Abdomen shots (every day for about 2 weeks): Gonal F (150) and Menopur (1 powder) (to grow eggs) *Cetrotide (to prevent ovulation...shot every day for about 6 days) *Human Growth Hormone (optional, but I strongly recommend it) (4 days-worth of shots, prior to egg retrieval) *5 days-ish before implantation a Neupogen wash (optional, but I strongly recommend it) *Trigger shots: Lupron and Pregnol *Suppositories: Endometrin (I forget how often and for how long) *Cipro for partner (one pill prior to semen collection) *Hardly move for 2 days after implantation) *Because I developed OHSS we had to postpone implantation for a couple of months, which caused me to use a frozen embryo, which resulted in needing to continue daily progesterone shots and suppositories until 10 weeks of pregnancy and Estradiol Valerate (.15ml) shots twice a week (until 10 weeks pregnant) *But I got pregnant for the first time ever in 15 years of trying and am now 6 months along with our baby girl and everything looks great!
The nurses do a lot of the day to day stuff, but they report all of the results to Dr. Foulk every day and he's the one that makes the call on how to proceed from there. I saw a bunch of different nurses. I liked some more than others, but I did like them all. Some were more compassionate but maybe not as gentle and some were gentle, but not as overly compassionate (still nice, but just not AS personable as some of the others...just personality preferences). I like everyone I saw, some were just better at some aspects than others.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They're very organized and do a great job on keeping you informed with what your responsibilities are, what you need to do next, and what they're working on in your behalf. They call you after every visit to let you know if you need to continue your calendar as planned or if any changes need to be made.
Our insurance covered up to $10k of certain parts of the process (I'm not sure how much of that allowance we used....probably most of that). Beyond that, our out of pocket expenses for things that insurance didn't cover totaled between $5k-$6k. This included things such as co-pays, co-insurance, our share of the infertility drugs, drugs not covered, special foods I bought to help with the OHSS I developed, optional acupuncture treatments (about $500), Optional Human Growth Hormones ($1230), optional Neupogen wash ($307...and we ended up needing to do this twice because of the OHSS delaying our implantation).
He strongly recommends no more than 2 embryos because his success rates are so high. We implanted two large, healthy embryos, and one of them took.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
After first meeting with Dr. Foulk, we were very hopeful and excited to get started! He did an ultra sound on me at our initial meeting to try and find the cause of our infertility. He was kind and professional.... Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Try to have the funds available to keep going after failed IUI cycles, but it's okay if you don't. Dr. Foulk stressed the importance of continuing to IVF right after failed IUI cycles. Unfortunately my husband and I didn't not have the funds to try IVF which makes us feel a little nervous to go back and be "one of those patients" who have to essentially start over with treatments.
Dr. Foulk came down to meet us for our initial appointment in St. George. He was very positive and explained/answered all options and questions that we had.
Our plan was to do three cycles of IUI and then move into OFF cycles. Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather Johnson)
In the St. George office, we worked primarily with Heather. She did all of our appointments and IUI cycles. After each appointment, we had a different diagnosis which was a little confusing; however, she showed great empathy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There are a lot of patients at the clinic, but they always did their best to fit me in and work with my schedule. I only had to go to the Pleasant Grove office once. It is very clean and inviting. The staff were very friendly. Specifically in the St. George office, Heather made sure the office was spotless! They were in the process of moving to a different location during my visits.
We were responsible to call the office and pay our bills; they did not call us. When asked what each appointment/procedure cost, we were refereed to the Pleasant Grove office. The medicine was billed by an outside source. Our overall cost for our two IUI cycles and other tests done including medicine was approximately $4000 If I remember correctly.
St. George
Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times.... I met him once, and from then on we received care from a different nurse every time.... I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet.... We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times. At our first meeting, he pulled my gown off without telling me what he was doing and with no warning. He also quizzed me on my diagnosis and made me feel kind of stupid. I only met him one time, so my experience is limited. I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet. We only went with him because he was the only doctor at the clinic who was covered with our insurance, but we will definitely be going with a different doctor for future treatments.
Ask a lot of questions.
We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger. I then used vaginal progesterone suppositories for the remainder of the cycle. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
The nurses are difficult to get in touch with, and when you reach them, you have to explain everything to them each time. They always struggled to understand my questions. At my appointments, I saw a different nurse every time, so I didn't feel like there was one single person who knew me or my file really well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling for your first appointment takes a long time, but after that they are pretty good about getting you a good time for your follow-ups. We switched to this clinic for our 3rd IUI. Our previous clinic charged our insurance for all ultrasounds and blood draws, and we asked UFC if they could do that, and they said they were ethically opposed to doing it. When I told them that meant we would be going back to our old clinic for treatment, they said they could make it happen, and made a big deal about how they "never do that" and said we would have to remind them to bill our insurance at every appointment. It was kind of a hassle, and they made me feel really weird about it. Also, the financial coordinator will not meet with you unless you are starting IVF. Other than that, the clinic was usually really great to work with, friendly, and provided a lot of good info upfront.
We had them charge our insurance for ultrasounds, tests, & bloodwork for our IUI, so we paid $350 for our procedure.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was seriously amazing. He was so good at explaining our reason for infertility and he made it so simple and easy to understand. He is a kind and caring doctor-- he was never in a rush with us and would spend as much time as he needed to answer all of our questions. He was always positive and when a treatment didn't work, he would adjust it. He would always do something different. We never did the exact same thing twice with the 4 different treatments we went through with him (2 IUI's and 2 rounds of IVF). I can't recommend him enough. He and his wife struggled with infertility so he really understands on a deeper level what his patients are through. He was the best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is willing to answer whatever you need and he will spend the time with you! He is out of the office a lot at his other clinic- so utilize your time with him.
Dr. Foulk is so personable and he is willing to spend time with you and answer all of your questions. I never felt just like a number because he was never in a rush to answer my questions or address my concerns.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility so we started by doing IUI's with femara and a trigger shot. When 2 cycles failed we decided to move onto IVF. The first cycle was a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our second transfer was a frozen transfer and he added a neupogen wash which resulted in a positive pregnancy with twins! The neupogen is supposed to help with implantation- it makes your lining more receptive and "sticky" for the embryos. It definitely worked since both embryos took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young)
Our IVF coordinator Chelsee was amazing. She was so compassionate and was so delicate in delivering us bad news and so excited when she got to deliver us good news! The rest of the nursing staff was also great. We worked with a couple different nurses throughout all of our treatments and they were all so friendly and kind. It really felt like a family.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has AMAZING staff. The doctors and nurses are so kind and really make you feel at home. Their one weakness I would point out is that they aren't great at answering their phones. The front desk will always answer, but most questions are directed to the nursing staff and it's really hard to get a hold of them. But I found that if I left a message, they always called me back. It just wasn't always as soon as I wanted ;) But their staff makes up for it. I really wouldn't go anywhere else.
Our IUIs and 2 IVF cycles weren't covered by insurance. But most of the blood work and ultrasounds were. The IUI's ended up being around $800 each and the fresh IVF cycle was $9,600 plus medications and then the frozen cycle was $2,700 plus medications. They do have options for payment plans though.
2 IUI, IVF
Dr foulk was great he drew pictures and explained everything that needed to happen in order to get pregnant. I feel like he was thorough in exploring all the possibilities as far as running all the tests to figure out what was wrong. We were able to get all the tests done very quickly in order to move forward with treatment. We didn’t want to waste any time! He was honest about the course of treatment. He said if we did 3 iuis and weren’t pregnant it would be time to move on to ivf. I was grateful he was as anxious about getting us pregnant as we were! He seemed to genuinely care about his patients.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I personally felt like iuis are a waste of money. At least in our case. 3 iuis cost about 6000$. If you think ivf is a possibility I would save the money and just do ivf. It bypasses most of the problems.
Dr foulk was great, he explained exactly what needed to happen to get pregnant.
We did our first iui through a dr office and had Utah fertility wash and prepare the sperm. It was then that we found out about our low sperm count. After that we met with dr foulk. He was able to see our sperm sample and mentioned that it was a possibly we would have to do ivf but that we could try a few more iuis. He gave us a list of some supplements to improve sperm so we tried them for a month. We did all the tests on me to make sure my tubs were good. Uterus looked good and hormones were good. So we tried our second iui. We had comparable sperm as the first time. It failed and the next month we did another iui with even worse Sperm count. At that point we decided we didn’t want to waste any more money doing iuis and scheduled a follow up appointment with dr foulk. He said we could try ivf right away so we did. I wish dr foulk would have told us after seeing our first sperm sample not to bother with iuis. Statistically our chances of iui working were not good. And I felt like it was a waste of time and money. So on to ivf we went. We have amazing results. We ended up with 9 embryos that made it to Day 5. We implanted 1 at the recommendation of dr foulk and it worked we were pregnant with our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember her name)
She was really nice and quick to reply when I had a question. My first calendar had different prescriptions on it then the ones that were ordered for me so I was very confused,so she made me a new calendar with the names of the prescriptions I was given.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Everything at the clinic seemed to run smoothly. Appointments were always easy to make (except the initial consult with the dr we wanted) and were on time. It did take a few months so schedule with the dr we wanted so don’t wait to schedule. The nurses were professional and knew what they were doing. They were great at explaining what they were looking at on the ultrasounds. Phlebotomist were great. I felt like the communication was pretty good,you can always call even on weekends and holidays.
Ivf with icsi 9800$ + medication Iui were about 2000$ each They billed insurance for all tests so I wasn’t charged for those
Dr foulk said we could transfer 1 or 2 embryos it was up to us. But he did advise us that transferring 2 ups your chance of multiples and also the risks that come with a multiple pregnancy. He also said it didn’t double your chance of it taking. It only raises it by 3% in our case
Pleasant Grove
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator... After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator, and they were good at communicating (very slow at times, but always answered my questions.)
I wish I would have gone to him right off the bat, instead of waiting until he was my third doctor. He gets in and out and gets you the best treatment quickly. He adjusts course when needed. He doesn't give unrealistic hope, too - which I liked. He was reasonable and real with his explanations.
Staff and Nurses were very helpful and nice. They did their best to communicate with me via phone, and my IVF coordinator was very kind and reassuring.
I had endometriosis, so he suspected a blocked tube at first. He wanted to try 3 IUI's to isolate the tubes and make sure they weren't the problem before moving on to IVF. After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's. HE listened to me, and said "Let's try something more agressive then. Let's start IVF". We did IVF, found out my egg quality was poor, and he said he was glad we didn't waste time doing IUI's. He said I was right with my gut feeling. We planned to do a frozen cycle with PGS originally with IVF, but my egg quality was so poor, that our only option was the use the only 2 decent embryos (that were fragmenting and not going to make it one more day int he lab unless we transferred them that day) so we changed course and did a fresh transfer. He adjusted course, and we got one embryo to stick. Now I am 18 weeks pregnant with one baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mikkelson)
The nursing staff was great at UFC. They were slow to respond to any phone calls or emails, but they were compassionate and ordered meds in an urgent emergency for me when I needed them the next day. They were overall helpful and great.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC has two locations, Murray and Pleasant Grove. Getting appointments was easy, they were flexible with changes, and helpful in showing me how to do injections. Lots of nurses had done IVF themselves. The only weakness is that their communication is slow and delayed. They do an excellent job in everything else.
It was around 18k for a frozen PGS cycle not including medications and ultrasounds. We opted for a fresh cycle last minute, and had maybe 1,000 left over in credit. I still haven't been mailed a check with our refund because they are waiting on insurance claims, etc. (3 months later)
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed...He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had...He's really nice...When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had. If I had a weird period he wanted me to tell him about it and he would find out why it was weird. He seemed to care about his patients. He seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed. Our last iui my job was closing and we were going to be moved to a different job. I knew our hours would be less and I wouldn't be able to afford another one. When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
He's really nice. I liked his team.
They were really nice there and caring nurses and doctors. They always said hi and asked how we were.
Iui with Clomid. I had to take Clomid for 5 days right starting on day 3 or 4 of my cycle. Then they would insert my husband's washed sperm and give an hsg shot. I had to insert progesterone suppositories for 14 days . Starting the night the sperm was inserted.
They all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back. They did have one lady who had an accent and she was hard to understand.
We paid after each appointment when we checked out. My insurance didn't cover any of our luis so we put it all on a credit card. My insurance did cover a pap smear and the procedure to see if my tubes were blocked. It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui. Medication cost around $200.00. And they charged $15.00 to administer shot before iui. I had a pregnancy test at lab Corp 14 days after each iui that my insurance covered a little of. I think I paid around $50.00 for each test.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.... All 3 IUI cycles I took Femara. First IVF cycle we used Menopur (1 powder), Follistim (225 AM, 150 PM), and Lupron 40 units (20AM/PM). I produced 8 eggs, and by day 5 only had 2 embryos and did a day 5 fresh transfer. Second IVF cycle I was on the Depo-Lupron (medicated menopause) for 3 months previous to the start of our IVF cycle. I was then put on 2mg of Estrace before starting IVF because my ovaries needed to wake up. Menopur (1 powder), Gonal-f (225 AM, 150 PM). I produced 6 eggs (was hoping for a better outcome due to low ovarian reserve) and by day 3 had 2 embryos. We ended up doing a day 3 fresh transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Even though I expected him to be a knowledgeable RE, I still had to be my own advocate and ask for tests and medications used. I was disappointed when I came to my first IUI to find that he wasn't going to perform my IUI and had another perform it.
He gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.
My IVF nurse was wonderful! Very caring and helpful. Though sometimes hard to reach. Nursing staff were always cheerful and tried to remain positive when hearing bad news (negative pregnancy tests). Though they sometimes returned phone calls too late in the day. I had one time where I was getting a rash/breakout from the PIO injections and I called and no one returned my phone call in a timely manner and I was worried so I ended up going into the clinic for them to check out the rash. I'm not sure what they would've told me if I had waited to hear from them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
With test results - they never gave me my numbers for estrogen during IVF. They also never (to my knowledge) checked progesterone levels. I also had to ask how many follicles I had and the size range each and every visit. They also don't have early morning appointments (before 8am) for those that can't take work off.
The cycle fee with insurance was $9,000 for IVF #1, I paid $3,000 deposit. Does not include medication. The self pay fee ($7,900) + ICSI ($1,700) was $9,600 for IVF #2. This does not include medications.
Due to the quality of my eggs and the quality of the embryos we ended up transferring 2 embryos each time to boost our chances of having 1 of those embryos stick.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Foulk was awesome. He really put me at ease during my procedures and was incredibly kind and knowledgeable. He knew exactly why the miscarriage happened and was able to give me hope about what comes next...We did gonal-f and menopur, it seemed to work great and I didn't have many negative side effects. I was so happy with how many eggs/embryos we got...You might not see him for every appointment but he's there for the big stuff and that's what matters.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Trust him. You might not see him for every appointment but he's there for the big stuff and that's what matters.
I felt like a human up until after my transfer. I started bleeding heavily 8dpt. I called the night nurse and she called me back early in the morning and had me come in two days early to do my beta. It was positive but low (63). This is when I became a number. Like I said, I was bleeding heavily. The heaviest pad wouldnt cover it, I was using depends and changing about every hour so they wouldn't overflow. It's like the night nurse and the other nurses and my IVF coordinator weren't talking to each other or putting notes about what was happening on my chart. It was a surprise to everyone every time they called that I was bleeding so much. They also would be cheerful and say how are you doing when they would call. I'm doing terrible and it feels like I'm bleeding to death and can't take ibuprofen or use a heating pad. Some sensitivity training there is needed I think. And just communication, I felt like a number because it felt like this huge serious thing that was happening, they weren't even talking to each other about it. So I must not matter very much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Some of them were great! There is one phlebotomist I don't like very much. I need them to use a blood pressure cuff because I bruise really bad with the band. Two of them were totally fine with it but one would always roll her eyes and huff and be annoyed with me. I also described earlier my problems with them talking to each other about my bleeding. I really loved the nurse that was there for my transfer, she was really sweet.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They aren't very good at returning calls promptly. Almost all of my results were given after business hours. I also wish they wouldn't allow children/babies in the waiting area. It's really hard to see them there in your most vulnerable state. It was incredibly hard to go in for my beta, bleeding severely and have multiple women with babies in the waiting room.
The cycle fee was $7,900. Icsi was $2,000. The drugs were $8,000 but with compassionate care they were $2,000. All in we spent around $15,000
He said it was up to us. But he did recommend we did two to increase our odds. I'm glad we did two because I think if we had done one and it didn't work I would have blamed myself.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] found that my damaged fallopian tubes were full of fluid and opted not to transfer our embryos until he removed my tubes... My surgery went really well. Ive had several abdominal surgeries and laparoscopies due to my endometriosis, and had the LEAST amount of issues, scarring, and pain during recovery with HIS surgery...You cant even see the scars!!... A few months later, I started injections for frozen embryo transfer prep, transferred 2 strong solid embryos, and 8 months later gave birth to the most beautiful twin baby boy and girl youve ever seen in my life!!! I am excited and SO hopeful to see Dr Foulk for all future frozen transfers!!
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
We had such a fantastic experience with Dr Foulk, I will never refer anyone to ANYONE else but him! He gave us hope in a scary situation, he always calmed my troubled nerves, he was straightforward yet kind if he had to give bad news, but always followed up with reassurance. I wish he could be my Dr for EVERYTHING because he really is the best!!!
Dont give up, keep fighting, and let him do his thing!
Dr Foulk is the most soft spoken and reassuring physician I have EVER been to! Infertility is agonizing and he was excellent at calming my nerves and giving me solid and justifiable hope in my situation. He was incredibly understandable, warm, and explained ecerything in terms I could understand. I appreviated him breaking everything down for me, it made this giant jagged pill I was handed easier to swallow. He really is the best!
When we first saw Dr Foulk, we already knew IVF was our ONLY option for conception, as my stage 4 endometriosis had destroyed my fallopian tubes. We started with baseline testing, in my saline ULSn they found a polyp which he removed prior to continuing treatment. Then we started injections to prep for egg retrieval, then I went in for my fresh embryo transfer. He found that my damaged fallopian tubes were full of fluid and opted not to transfer our embryos until he removed my tubes. If we would have trasferred the embryos in that situation, all that fluid would have washed the embryos out and they would have been wasted. It was hard to have to forgo another surgery, but I was so incredibly grateful that he caught that so we didnt waste precious embryos! My surgery went really well. Ive had several abdominal surgeries and laparoscopies due to my endometriosis, and had the LEAST amount of issues, scarring, and pain during recovery with HIS surgery. You cant even see the scars!! He is truely incredible at ehat he does, I will never go to anyone else for duture endo surgeries! A few months later, I started injections for frozen embryo transfer prep, transferred 2 strong solid embryos, and 8 months later gave birth to the most beautiful twin baby boy and girl youve ever seen in my life!!! I am excited and SO hopeful to see Dr Foulk for all future frozen transfers!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan and Chelsea)
Morgan and Chelsea were absolutley amazing at their jobs! I was so overwhelmed at my plan of care appointment, but I knew I could call any time and have all my questions answered promptly! There was a mix up with my retrieval meds and I didn't get them in time prior to starting and Morgan was able to get me the meds that I needed to hold me over until mine came. I super appreciated this because I was terrified my cycle would get pushed out further but she totally prevented further agonizing waiting! We LOVED our uls techs, ESPECIALLY Lindsey Clements!!! She always had such a great happy attitude, she made me laugh, and made having a transvag uls every day for 8 days straight not so terrible! She was there when I had my transfer, and the one to tell us we were having twins! She will always be considered a friend!! The girls in the lab were incredibly good "sticks" (I hardly felt a thing each time I was poked!) The financial assistance lady helped me understand all my options and gave me hope in the most dire financial situation. Even the girl who scheduled my very first consult was exceedingly helpful!!! They are the best clinic ever, I seriously wish they could treat me for EVERYTHING (all non fertility related ailments) because they are absolutely remarkable!!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are incredibly prompt at returning phone calls and messages! They were all friendly, direct, professional, upfront, and compassionate! The only thing is sometimes the wait time was long, but that was a small price to pay for such immaculate service every where else in the clinic!!
We applied for an Attain program as that was our only option for funding. It was around $20,000 for everything but would cover 2 retrievals and unlimited frozen embryo transfers if we didnt take a baby home right away. And totally worth it for piece of mind. This is not the clinics fault, but I think more infertility services should be covered by insurance!!!!
Dr Foulk let us choose how many embryos (either 1 or 2) we could transfer. He notified us about the risks and benefits of implanting 1 vs 2, and again, filled us with great hope and reassurance with either number we chose.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When I had a miscarriage Dr Faulk talked to me and gave me a lot of closure. I had gotten pregnant with triplets and he said 50% of triplets miscarry. During one sonogram the nurse asked how i was doing and i said good. She said how do you really feel and so I told her I was having side effects of the drugs and she gave me medication to help with the side effect. After my miscarriage and talking to the nurse on the phone she asked how I was doing and talked to me about how hard miscarriages are. Dr Faulk also is very kind and explains everything he is doing when doing the egg implantation and other appointments.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
On our first visit Dr Faulk explained the procedure and each step of treatment. I did 3 rounds of timed intercourse with shots and I got pregnant on my 2nd round but miscarried triplets. I had to go in because I didn't miscarry all the way and he told me the options of D&C or medication. I asked what he suggested and he was honest and said D&C because it is a faster recovery but informed me it would cost more. I ended up doing the D&C and am glad I did it. My 3rd round of timed intercourse with shots I ended up with 4 eggs on my right side and I had gotten pregnant with triplets with 3 eggs so they cancelled my round. Dr. Faulk had me come in and talked to me after canceling the round and told me I could keep trying the shots alone but i will probably keep producing too many eggs. He suggested IVF and we followed his suggestion. My egg retrieval went smooth. I had 60 eggs which was a lot hand had chances of OHSS but was informed what to do to avoid it and was fine to do embryo transfer on day 5.
He is worth the 6-8 week wait to get into but I haven't heard anything bad about the other two doctors in the office.
for Timed intercourse with shots I did 5 days of clomid then 10-12 days of Bravelle or Gonel-F. I started at 75 IU and they would move me up to 150 the last 4-5 days. Thank I would do the trigger shot and have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after the shot. For IVF i did 75IU of Menopur at the same time i also did the following of Gonel-F225 IU for the first 3 days and then went down to 150 IU for 5 days. The last day i did 75 IU of Gonel-F and no Menopur. The last 3 days of shots I also took Ganirelix. I did half a dose of the trigger shot and had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. So I did the shot at 10:00pm on Friday and had my egg retrieval at 10AM on Sunday. The following Friday I had 2 Embryos Implanted and they had me take a valium 30 minutes before the implant. I then had 2 "princess days" where I had to take it easy and to not do anything stressful (no cooking, cleaning, working). I just watched movies an napped. I had blood work done to test beta 10 days later and my beta was 342. They had me come back a week later to test again and it was a little over 3500. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and I am pregnant with twins. I am going back in at week 8 due to some bleeding and will going back at week 9 and then going to a regular OBGYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsie)
The nurse was great she explained everything to me about IVF and then did the final ultrasound before the egg retrieval. I have had other nurses do sonograms also and they have been really nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The office is clean and I only had to wait more the 15 minutes once and it was on a Saturday when they were short staffed. When I left a message I always got a call back and the after hours nurses were always helpful when I had a question. I can't think of any weaknesses.
My insurance covered most of my 3 rounds of Timed Intercourse but they didn't cover the drugs so I don't know the costs. For IVF we did ICSI and so the cost for IVF with ICSI was $9,600 without insurance plus $350 for anesthesiologist for egg retrieval. For Embryo Freezing it was $750 for the freezing and then year 2-5 i think it costs $500 a year for freezing and it goes up after that. My insurance covered the blood work.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Foulk] explains everything and makes sure to answer questions...He was always so straightforward and to the point. He also moved quickly which was nice after waiting so long to get any kind of answers working with our OB/GYN...The first time he did a water ultrasound at our first appointment with him and immediately had a plan of action...We have enjoyed working with Dr. Foulk and how quickly he comes up with a plan of action. We always left his office feeling like we were moving forward.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
We have loved working with Dr. Foulk. He was always so straightforward and to the point. He also moved quickly which was nice after waiting so long to get any kind of answers working with our OB/GYN. We've worked with him two different times. The first time he did a water ultrasound at our first appointment with him and immediately had a plan of action. He scheduled surgery within the next couple of weeks and told us if we didn't get pregnant onout own within 6 months to come back. We luckily were able to get pregnant on our own that time and thought everything was solved. The birth of our first child had several complications, so after we had tried for a year to get pregnant a second time and nothing had happened, we went to Dr. Foulk again. Once again we did a water ultrasound, he thought we had a plan of action, but wanted to do a couple other tests to make sure before we started. After the other testing our plan of action changed. Dr.Foulk performed one of the test a second time, but this time he performed it himself, just to make sure there was no other solicitor besides IVF. He wasn't able to solve the problem, but he immediately got us scheduled to start the IVF process. We have enjoyed working with Dr. Foulk and how quickly he comes up with a plan of action. We always left his office feeling like we were moving forward. He's friendly and jokes around.
Just as with most doctors, you will need to voice your concerns. Stand up for yourself if you don't feel like all of your questions and concerns have been addressed. He's a busy doctor and you can tell he has a lot going on. But he will give you the time you need if you ask for it. He's not a mind reader, so you will have to voice all questions and concerns that don't get answered in the regular discussion.
Dr. Fouls is very friendly. He explains everything and makes sure to answer questions. He moves kind of fast, which might make some people feel like a number, but he makes sure you understand everything.
I was too new/naive to ask what the protocol strategy was, but I know I will ask more information next time! I was put on 10 units of Lupron, 300 of Gonal-F, and 1 of Menopur. After a few days and the first time we did blood work, they added 100 of Gonal-F at night (I believe it was 100). I was doing 2 shots in the morning and 2 shots at night. When we started doing ultrasounds to see how many eggs my body was producing, it wasn't giving them the results they were hoping for. I was told I might have to do the injections a few extra days, which they said was totally normal for some people. I ended up doing 2 extra days of injections so they could get a few more eggs measuring the ideal size. They retrived 14 eggs, 5 were mature enough to fertilize, and 4 started growing into embryos. By day 5, we had 2 embryos left, but 1 wasn't graded very high, and didn't look like it was going to continue growing. We transferred the 1 embryo that was good, and received a positive pregnancy test, that ultimately resulted i our daughter!
Chelsea was fantastic to work with. She answered all of my questions ina timely manner. We did have 1 miscommunication about ordering drugs, but she was able to get it figured out. It pushed our start day back a day or two, but it was not our insurance company's fault. Chelsea was very on top of getting me new calendars when things in the protocol changed. She was fantastic at educating us on the whole IVF process. She was prompt at calling me after blood work was done to go over any changes we needed to make.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved the clinic. I loved all of the staff. I felt they were very accommodating. I actually live in Davis county, so they would try to schedule me at their Murray office for blood work and ultrasounds whenever they could. That way I didn't have to drive as far every day! Everyone was very kind and helpful.
For me they strongly suggested only transferring 1 embryo based on my history. I had complications with a previous pregnancy that would have been even more complicated being pregnant with multiples. They did let us decide, and would have let us transfer 2 if we really wanted to, but advised us that 1 was best in our scenario.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very knowledgeable. He made us feel at ease and made us smile. He knew me and my case. He wasn’t just refreshing his memory with a chart every time I saw him. ... Dr. Foulk put us at ease. He was quick to confirm that something was not right and took swift action. When we came back to try to have another baby, we ran out of money at the end of treatments. He sat with us and comforted us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very knowledgeable. He made us feel at ease and made us smile. He knew me and my case. He wasn’t just refreshing his memory with a chart every time I saw him. I have recommended him to so many people.
Trust Dr. Foulk. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Keep good records and bring them to your consultation.
A previous doctor treated me like I was crazy for thinking there was something wrong. He acted like I was wasting his time. Dr. Foulk put us at ease. He was quick to confirm that something was not right and took swift action. When we came back to try to have another baby, we ran out of money at the end of treatments. He sat with us and comforted us. The nurses and staff would cheer and cry with us. They were amazing! I wish I could still seek treatment wit them, but we have moved too far away.
They would put me at ease in awkward situations. They were sweet with my toddler when I had to bring him with me during our second round of treatments. They called to give me pregnancy test results and cried with me. When I found out I was pregnant with my first they cheered on the phone. They were almost as excited as my mother was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They were on the ball with scheduling and they work really hard with you in the financial office. They were great to work with and always returned phone calls quickly. They were busy, but never made me feel unimportant. They are very flexible with semen collections and drop-off situations, just ask. They have a fantastic facility. We went to their old place first and then their new one. This one is much better.
Pleasant Grove
We really only talked with him [Dr. Foulk] during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there... I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me...Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk did a great job introducing us to infertility. He walked us through what had happened to us and offered explanations as to why I'd had two chemical pregnancies. He worked with our tight time frame (we were moving out of state soon), and he was kind and efficient. We really only talked with him during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there. Overall I liked him, but if we had stayed with this clinic longer, I would have wondered if he was involved much with our care.
This was my first experience with an RE, and it was positive. I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me. The nurses also did a good job helping me and remembering me each time we went in.
I did two clomid IUI cycles with Dr. Foulk. I did a baseline ultrasound, clomid on days 3-7, another ultrasound to determine follicle size, a trigger shot (I believe ovidrel, but I had to mix the injection myself before triggering), and the IUI procedure. They allowed my husband to collect at home and bring the sample in on the day. His numbers were normal. Blood work for HCG level 2 weeks after procedure. Both IUIs were the same. I also did an HSG before starting the IUIs that came back normal, but a hysteroscopy a few years later revealed a blocked tube, (no pregnancies in between) so I'm not sure how reliable that HSG was. We decided to do IUIs because I had gotten pregnant twice that year on my own, but both were chemical (one suspected ectopic but not verified). Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything. We moved out of state before we could do more follow-up with him.
I liked the nursing staff. They did a good job trying to get to know me. This was my first experience with an infertility clinic, so I had been used to being pretty anonymous at any doctor's office, but the nurses here were friendly and kind. I saw a lot of the same nurses over and over, which helped me stay calm for my procedures.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They're busy; they have a lot of patients. This didn't affect me much on a personal care level though. The facility is clean and new, parking is easy, and traffic was never bad to get there. I did most of my blood work elsewhere, which was fine since I lived about 25 minutes from the clinic and one minute from where I did blood work. For my IUIs, the nurses gave me one step at a time, which seemed to be a clinic strategy to help me not get overwhelmed. I think I would have preferred the big picture explained a few more times, however. (This really could be my fault, but I remember wondering why each time I went, I learned new things I had to do and when to do them.) The financial employees were kind, but learning from later experiences at other clinics, no one really sat us down and walked through costs and financing with us. Overall this was a comfortable, safe-feeling clinic. The cleanest and nicest I've been to.
IUI: $1000. Medications on top of that. Clomid, Ovidrel injection, and progesterone suppositories starting the day of the IUI procedure. I think medications were a few hundred dollars. I think insurance covered part of the HSG.
Anovulation, Unexplained
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.... Timed intercourse with meds $575 for office visits and $200 for meds IUI $875 for office visits and procedure and $200 for meds
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.
Make sure you be up front about what you expect. Make sure they remember what you want.
He got straight to the point and gave me the answers I was looking for. He didn’t beat around the bush at all.
3 rounds of femara with a trigger shot Then one round of femara with a trigger shot and an IUI, resulting in pregnancy, but lost at 8 weeks.
One nurse was super nice, but then I moved and had to go to a new location and the other nurses would forget to call me on my results until the old nurse would call and ask why they never called me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They need to make sure they call with results when they say they are going to. They also need to have more appt times. Work is hard to miss constantly for drs appts. They are very friendly but need to remember that just because they see this everyday it’s still hard and new to us patients.
Endometriosis, Other
Dr Foulk was incredibly personable. I could tell he had read through our paperwork and came into our first meeting with a plan. He took his time with us, explained why we are having infertility issues, gave us a game plan and answered every question. For the first time in three years years we felt hope.... He really took his time with us. He explained everything and answered every question. He felt very genuine and caring.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Be ready for a lot of information. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey)
Our care coordinator Lacey as well the rest of the nursing staff have been wonderful. They are kind, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We’ve had a wonderful experience here. Even when my husband passed out after a blood draw, everyone was fantastic. They took care of him and did their best to lessen his embarrassment. The thing I personally got overwhelmed with was the financial aspect. It was a ton of information. I wish I would have had my husband there so he could have helped me process it all.
Our insurance covers only blood work so the cost for us we figured will be about $23,000 total.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them...Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions... very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
he’s very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
He’s very smart and good at his job but not very warm.
Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions.
Danica is awesome and great at her job. She has a lot of compassion and makes up for what dr foulk lacks
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall UFC has been a good experience because I have had 2 babies because of them. I have heard they are the best in my state which is why I decided to go with them but they do have some weaknesses. They take forever to call you back with results and often it’s after 5 so if you miss their call and try to call right back, you can’t get through and have to wait a whole extra day. Everything is rushed and sometimes results get mixed up and protocols get mixed up. I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them
IUIs were around 900 out of pocket and IVF was around 8,000 out of pocket. FETs are around 3200
I always transferred 2 embryos. My embryos always implanted but I always ended up miscarrying one or both early on
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is a great doctor, so far. He's thorough and looks at all the angles/options for treatment. He was great at letting me know how many eggs were retrieved (which was important to me) before I left the clinic after retrieval.... We did IVF with ICSI. We used Lupron Depot for three months before IVF in hopes that it would improve egg quality. It didn't seem to make much of a difference in embryo quality.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor, so far. He's thorough and looks at all the angles/options for treatment. He was great at letting me know how many eggs were retrieved (which was important to me) before I left the clinic after retrieval.
He was kind and attentive and encouraging.
The nurses don't work every day of the week, so if you leave them a message, you may not hear back. Sometimes, I would be expecting a phone call and not hear back. That was frustrating, but it never caused any problems that couldn't be fixed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has very high success rates. They are efficient and appointments are quick and easy. The clinic itself is decorated nicely and comfortably. There's always enough room in the waiting room. The nurses are so nice. The financial staff and front desk staff haven't been quite as friendly. :)
It was $9800 to do IVF with ICSI
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Foulk is caring and easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions and sent me home with a good amount of information to read. Getting an appointment took a little more time than expected, but all other appointments have been convenient. Having two locations seems to be a great idea.... Dr. Foulk met with me and spent all the time I needed to understand my treatment options. I didn't feel rushed at all.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I would tell prospective patients to book your initial appointment early. All other appointments are easily scheduled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ann Marie)
My primary nurse was great. I didn't have a good experience with the nurses that performed the IUIs. I'm not sure if the problem was with me or them, but it was very painful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I really appreciate that there are two clinics close to me so I can make appointments that are convenient for my schedule. When parking at the Murray facility, park in the North corner of the parking structure.
A cycle of IUI treatment is $850 which includes everything except medication and sperm.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Foulk is very personable and has a good bedside manner. Some of my bloodwork came back a little crazy and I was worried about it, Dr. Foulk called me personally once evening to reassure me that everything was okay and I shouldn't stress about it. Dr. Foulk was very hopeful for our situation and shared every emotion that we had... Dr. Foulk was upfront with us regarding our infertility issues. He was also very hopeful and gave a lot of good information.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Schedule with him. He's amazing!
Dr. Foulk was upfront with us regarding our infertility issues. He was also very hopeful and gave a lot of good information. He shared the same emotions that we did regarding our negative pregnancy tests and our large number of eggs retrieved. We live Dr. Foulk
I started off with 3 IUI's and they all failed. We discussed other options with Dr. Foulk and we all agreed that IVF was our next step. We are still in the process of that right now.
They have been amazing. Have always answered my questions and are very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very organized and communicative. They make you feel at ease and not so nervous. They understand what you are going through and help you through it every step of the way. You know you are not alone and that you always have their support. Amazing people and clinic!
Dr. Foulk is open to multiple embryo transfers but he will only transfer two.
Pleasant Grove
Just know that you may not see him [Dr. Foulk] a lot because he is busy, but he does know who you are and what's going on with your case...He just wanted to start with basics and go from there. He was up for whatever I suggested since I went in with a lot of research behind me...I felt like he really cared, and he knew what he was doing. He's just so busy, I only really met with him during consultations.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Feel like I'm in great hands with Dr. Foulk. He is super smart, to the point, but I never felt rushed in our consultations with him. He let me ask all sorts of questions, was compassionate, and funny. Happy I went with him.
Just know that you may not see him a lot because he is busy, but he does know who you are and what's going on with your case.
When meeting with Dr. Foulk, I felt like he really cared, and he knew what he was doing. He's just so busy, I only really met with him during consultations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Susie)
Love them all. Most of them have been in my shoes, and they really empathize with us.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are clean, organized, and the nurses are so sweet. The front desk is their weakness. Not very welcoming, they barely acknowledge you're there. It's weird. That is the only thing I would say is their weakness.
So far we've paid over 20k for 1 IUI and 1 IVF cycle, and 1 FET cycle.
He was pretty vocal that a single embryo transfer was best for higher results of healthy take home baby.
Pleasant Grove
Dr foulk was very knowledgeable about treatments and diagnosis, he had an upbeat personality but knew when to be serious about risks. Only thing I would change is touching base with him personally throughout my cycles... In my IVF cycle we used a freeze all cycle due to high AMH level. We used frozen transfer to prevent possible OHSS. Outcome was a healthy self going into my transfer and resulted in my twin pregnancy
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Listen to the advice he has concerning your cycle, he is very knowledgeable about different approaches.
Dr foulk took the time to get to know our particular situation and also had meeting with his coordinators specifically concerning our cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young )
My IVF coordinator was very responsive to my emails and calls. Also she took the time to describe everything to me at all times
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clinic was very clean and organized. They made sure to make sure things were comfortable and calm. Downfall about the clinic is scheduling was sometimes not correct as in arriving for the appointment that someone forgot to imput in the system
The costs for our treatment was pretty normal for other clinics and other doctors I have heard of. Also the costs were cut down and specific
Dr foulk was supportive in my decision to transfer multiple embryros, but made sure we understood the risks and possibilities of multiple embryo transfers
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Foulk is the most compassionate doctor, he will tell you if you are a good candidate and if you are to high of risk he will refuse to do treatment. For some that is harsh but he wants you to be safe as well as for the baby you would be carrying. He truly wants the best for his patients... Dr. Foulk was amazing & I could tell he really wanted to give us our miracle baby. I felt he tried every avenue and was unwilling to give up hope. He explained our failed cycle and gave us hope for the future
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
They cared about me. Each staff member cared about me personally! Absolutely loved how I felt in their office
I can’t remem doses, but used gonal F, menopur and several others
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya )
The absolute best! She was so kind & even when she called to say it was negative showed compassion
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Loved everything about it from start to finish, from financial to the treatment we received. Even with a negative outcome we still would highly recommend their team to anyone seeking treatment. Thanks
The cycle was approximately $8,000 for IVF
Dr. Foulk asks you how many we only had 2 and due to quality he recommended we do both.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] recommended Clomid but I do not remember why that was the first option since my problem was keeping a pregnancy as opposed to not ovulating or getting pregnant. When I miscarried, he recommended intralipid infusion therapy because it had some success with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. ... He was friendly and professional but things felt rushed, like he was on a time crunch.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk is so knowledgeable! He's also very personable and easy to trust. He recommended the best course of action based off of our testing. We never moved forward with his second recommended treatment (intralipid infusion therapy) due to finances but he did give us the best options for our circumstance. He did seem overbooked or rushed to get through appointments.
Be prepared for information overload! This could be a good or bad thing, depending on your personality.
He recommended Clomid but I do not remember why that was the first option since my problem was keeping a pregnancy as opposed to not ovulating or getting pregnant. When I miscarried, he recommended intralipid infusion therapy because it had some success with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. We did not proceed with that treatment due to finances.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall, Utah Fertility Center was great to work with. The only complaint I has was about the front desk lady who seemed put off by doing her job most of the time. It's been a few years so I'm not sure she's still there anyway.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I love our doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] and plan to go back. He was friendly, compassionate and drew pictures to make sure we understood the procedure and risks and outcome. He met with us for consultation, follow up after failed and has a plan of action for next treatment if we can ever afford to try again...He took the time to answer our questions and explain the procedure to us...I took menupur, lupron and Bravelle. I had the Bravelle during the period it had a recall and think that might be why my cycle failed. I was also on birth control before.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I love our doctor and plan to go back. He was friendly, compassionate and drew pictures to make sure we understood the procedure and risks and outcome. He met with us for consultation, follow up after failed and has a plan of action for next treatment if we can ever afford to try again.
ask questions
He took the time to answer our questions and explain the procedure to us.
I took menupur, lupron and Bravelle. I had the Bravelle during the period it had a recall and think that might be why my cycle failed. I was also on birth control before. We had ultrasounds and blood draws to monster levels, size etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee)
She wasn't always fast at call backs but I was always able to get a call back from her or another nurse. She let me know where there were changes in my medications. She ordered all my medications for me. She was compassionate and a cheerleader for me in weight loss as well as in getting a baby
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It's a clean friendly place. Everyone is compassionate. I liked the nurses and doctor as well. The receptionist could be a little more friendly
We spent I think 500 for anesesthia, 4000 medications and 8,600 for all dr fee's I also paid for nutrition
My doctor gave us the choice between one or two and we selected two.
2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in... I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. ... I feel like they are not good at calling you back. I had OHSS and called the clinic, they didn't call me so I had to go to the hospital. They called the ER doctor back. They do this so often that they don't recognize how scary, expensive and violating this process was
2007 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Come with a list of questions
I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in
Avoided hcg trigger because I had a really high amh so tried to avoid OHSS. Constant monitoring. Reduced my medications several times
Chelsee was the best with the daughter, me and my crazy emotions and really cared
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Poor at calling back. I feel like the phone tree is annoying especially since its for several clinics. I hate that they don't do payment plans. Coming up with $28,000 has us paying a loan until my baby is in 2nd grade
$28,000 for ivf and about $8000 for the 2 iui's
2013 - 2016
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is extremely knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He takes his time with us each time we visit and addresses all our questions. He is very positive and helps me focus on the good that comes from treatments. We feel so lucky to have been treated by him so far.
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is extremely knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He takes his time with us each time we visit and addresses all our questions. He is very positive and helps me focus on the good that comes from treatments. We feel so lucky to have been treated by him so far.
Ask questions, even if it sounds silly. He is so good about informing his patients and gives lots of details.
He is very personable, friendly, takes his time explaining things, doesn't rush you, truly seems like he cares about your success
My husband and I did 4 rounds of iui's after my laporoscopy. I have stage 4 Endometriosis. We did chloride, hormone injections, the iui's procedure, and progesterone suppositories. Dr. Foulk did tells us if by the time the 4th round didn't work, it probably means there is damage to my filopian tubed and our only option now is ivf.
Very friendly, answered my questions, gentle, personable
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Very professional and friendly environment. I have no negatives :)
We have spent around $5,000
2010 - 2016
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Foulk] remembered every detail of our precious conversations and personally called me after my failed ivf cycle....Dr foulk has helped me deal with my recurrent miscarriages by being patient and very thorough in his treatments. I love that he has a sense of humor and makes me laugh at times I don't want to.
2010 - 2016
Other, Prefer not to answer
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Be prepared to leave a lot of voicemails. They are a busy office so reaching someone right away hardly ever happens. As far as Dr.Foulk himself, I don't have a single complaint.
He remembered every detail of our precious conversations and personally called me after my failed ivf cycle.
I love the nurses at this clinic. I honestly missed them when I took a break from treatment. They are always so nice and patient!
Clean and organized
I don't remember specific numbers but in all my research his costs were average and competitive with other clinics in the area
Pleasant Grove
The first visit we saw Dr. Faulk he did a ultrasound. He found out that one of my tubes had a blockage. He was very clear that he wanted to try three IUIs and then move onto IVF...He is very smart and knew what was wrong the first time we saw him. He was very clear with what he wanted to try and the direction he felt was best for us. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility until we saw Dr. Foulk.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Try to be patient and trust that everything will be OK. Trust in the nurses and know that they are trying their best to reach your goal.
His nurses were so nice. They knew me by name and I still keep in touch with some of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
I love the nurses there. They knew me and my husband by name and I still keep in touch with a couple of them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The receptionist wasn't very friendly. But the staff and nurses in the back made up for that.
The IVF cost was 7900 I believe and shots were another 4000
PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Foulk] has amazing bedside manner...We are still seeing him but that fact that he has been trying harder than any other Dr to find out why we can't have children naturally is amazing. He always makes us feel like there's hope. We still have yet to try ivf as we cannot afford it but he's tried everything else he could...Getting an appointment sometimes takes us 2 months. While he is a great Dr, he is a very busy man
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask every single question you can think of. There are no stupid questions.
He has amazing bedside manner.
The nursing staff is always trying to make the process easier. They seem to be in complete communication with Dr Faulk
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful. Very clean and organized. I would say the obl y down fall is that they are too busy. Getting an appointment sometimes takes us 2 months. While he is a great Dr, he is a very busy man
2008 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
I was talked to [by Dr. Russell Foulk] in a way I could understand but didn't feel stupid. My concerns were addressed with care...Very caring and honest. Changed the course of action based on what was needed or requested. Always spoke to us genuinely and as a family memeber. Inquired about child born from previous cycle and loved to hear updates...IUI with clomid IVF with injections FET with injections
2008 - 2017
Have a support system
I was talked to in a way I could understand but didn't feel stupid. My concerns were addressed with care
IUI with clomid IVF with injections FET with injections
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Always smiling and kind. Even when having issues they were so caring and supportive
Over $40,000
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] really cares about my progress and results...He's an amazing doctor and willing to look at different options to make things work. The communication can sometimes fall through the cracks, but, I generally can get the info I need in a timely manner...Come ready with questions and be persistent in getting the answers you need...[Protocols] Mine were pretty standard...There were a few times I had unreturned phone calls and couldn't get the info I needed.
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Come ready with questions and be persistent in getting the answers you need.
He really cares about my progress and results.
Mine were pretty standard.
Very compassionate and kind. I felt like everyone was on my team and they always went the extra mile to help me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The strength is the staff. All the doctors and nurses are kind, smart, and compassionate. You've got a whole team cheering you on. The biggest weakness is communication. It has recently started to improve, but, it could use some work.
It was about $800 per IUI cycle.
Murray
He [Dr. Foulk] didn't take the time to see us. Scheduling with him was impossible. He wanted to do the bare minimum...It was hard to get an appointment with him because he was always put of state. It felt like he wanted to do one minor treatment at a time which made me feel he was just trying to get more money and not that he cared about getting us a baby quickly...
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Be present at your office and available for patients
He didn't take the time to see us. Scheduling with him was impossible. He wanted to do the bare minimum
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strength was that they were highly recommend Weakness was that the only office available was 45 minutes away and my doctor was never there. Scheduling was pushed months out
OUR baseline ultrasound was 500$