5.1

UCSD
U. of California Irvine
UCSF

Russell Foulk works at

Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)

Las Vegas
5320 S. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-892-9696

Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200

Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions.... The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals [Nevada Ctr for Repro Med] are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.... A few hiccups have occurred, mostly minor annoyances that I was able to correct on my own. The nurse forgot to call in a prescription which resulted in me having to wait an extra 30 minutes.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Foulk is clearly very knowledgeable about his field and seems to be a successful business man. He has taken the time to answer my questions and is very transparent when asking. However, at my last visit when discussing the IVF procedure it seemed like I had an understanding of where we were going. Later, I received a price sheet from the financial counselor that had all these extra things that we did not discuss. Sometimes, I feel like I am not given the full picture and without all the information I am not equipped to ask all the questions that I need answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Do a lot of research on your own to prepare yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Foulk has been very upfront about my options and takes all the time I need to answer my questions. I feel very comfortable with him. However, his professional staff always seem a bit in a rush to get the procedures done and on to the next patient.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The doctor suggested that I try three medicated cycles with IUI even despite being at an advanced maternal age. He was upfront that the procedure had low odds of 2-4% chance of a live birth per cycle. When asked if I should move onto IVF instead, he responded that my AMH was high for my age and thus I was in no rush. He suggested that even though the success rate was low, the possibility of not doing IVF made trying it worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kellie Kopp)
All the nurses are pleasant, but I felt very neutral about them. They were polite but didn't seem interested in me. All my appointments seemed rushed and important results were not communicated to me. I didn't feel like I could get answers for some of my follow up questions without seeing the doctor again.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor is fantastic but the rest of the professionals are so-so. They seem competent so I don't have any issues with them treating me, but I feel like I have to stay totally on top of my treatment to get all the information that I need. There have been a couple of surprises.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Clomid with IUI $1248 with medications IVF with egg freezing and PGS biopsy (no transfer) $13100 without medications or PGS testing
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Foulk didn't seem to have a strong preference of single vs multiple embryo transfer. I did not seem like he would advise for more than two at one time.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
A few hiccups have occurred, mostly minor annoyances that I was able to correct on my own. The nurse forgot to call in a prescription which resulted in me having to wait an extra 30 minutes. We did not get the results back from testing without having to call or ask. Despite saying they would, they did not do an antral follicle count. The doctor later gave me a number off of a US image. When measuring the follicles they failed to give me the numbers, which again I later got from the doctor.
Reno
Dr Foulk has been nice the two times that I have seen him. Sometimes I wish I could be able to talk to him. However most of the times it’s just the nurses that I talk to. He is very kind I just wish i has some more support.... He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining.
I have had some excellent NP’s [at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.... 525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI... They are good at getting you in when you need to get in. They will work around your schedule. The lab services have always been very kind. I just wish sometimes I could get someone on the phone. I feel like they are doing what they can for me.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
You will only see Dr Foulk for consulations otherwise you will see the nurses. Also be prepared for many examinations. I didn’t know there would be so many. Make sure your voice is heard.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I honestly have felt like I have only been a number. They haven’t asked if I have needed help with money. I haved called many times and it has taken sometimes a couple days to get back to me. That being said I have had some nice NP’s that have wanted to help me any chance they have gotten.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I started out with him in April. I had been taking clomid for 3 months before with my normal OB. They did not do any exams just gave me the clomid. So I went to Dr Foulk. He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining. They went a head and did the same thing. No luck. The next month the cyst was still there so we skipped that month. The next month July we tried femara. My lining was better and no cyst. So we went ahead with timed inter course and no luck again. So I went back in for a consultation and decided to try IUI. So I went back on Femera. Everything looked good. Triggered did the IUI and started on progesterone. It didn’t work. Now we are on to our second cycle of IUI. My husband has no problems. We did an HSG no problems there. We aren’t sure at this point why it hasn’t worked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
I have had some excellent NP’s that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI
Treated 2017 - 2018
Be prepared to talk mostly with nurses and try to ask as many questions as you can when you do meet him [Dr. Foulk]...He started with clomid rounds to for see if I could get pregnant and then when I didn’t he moved us up to IUI. After getting my chemical they did one last round of iui and have offered to do one more round (making 5 rounds total) while my husband and I try to save and plan for IVF...He was very nice in our meetings but we would only see him or talk with him after all planned course of treatments failed. He would just tell us what he wanted to do next and has seemed very hands off.
The nurse practitioners [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing but the medical assistant acted as if it was a pain to answer questions, seemed overly happy to call with negative betas, and showed no empathy or care during my chemical pregnancy...When we spoke with the Dr about the medical assistant he just laughed it off and has had previous complaints but did not seem to care...They are fairly slow to respond to phone messages and very rarely answer the nurses help line. It is nice to be able to call nights or weekends if there is an emergency. Sometimes appointments start very late but they usually have openings for procedures. They do not look at timing between trigger shots and iui injections.
Be prepared to talk mostly with nurses and try to ask as many questions as you can when you do meet him.
The nurse practitioners were amazing but the medical assistant acted as if it was a pain to answer questions, seemed overly happy to call with negative betas, and showed no empathy or care during my chemical pregnancy.
I have low AMH and my husband has low motility. Dr. Faulk first tried 4 rounds of 5 days of 100mg clomid stimulation which all failed. He decided next to try 4 rounds IUI with Clomid 100 mg for 5 days for stimulation. One resulted in a chemical and the last round the nurse bumped my does up to 150mg of clomid for 5 days. He started with clomid rounds to for see if I could get pregnant and then when I didn’t he moved us up to IUI. After getting my chemical they did one last round of iui and have offered to do one more round (making 5 rounds total) while my husband and I try to save and plan for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna)
Everyone was very sweet except for one medical assistant and a very rude front desk clerk. When we spoke with the Dr about the medical assistant he just laughed it off and has had previous complaints but did not seem to care.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We have spent about $10,000 so far. One month of IUI IS $1000 not including meds and one month of medication stimulation is $500. It is $250 for an ultrasound appointment, $250 for semen analysis, $250 for IUI injection appointment.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Appointment scheduling can become messy and sometimes they have not scheduled appointments.
Reno

I didn’t actually meet Russell [Dr. Foulk] ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.... Don’t go in expecting that he is going to manage your care himself. It will be the nurses and staff under him. Which is fine. They were nice and kind
They [the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I didn’t actually meet Russell ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.
I felt like they cared about me getting pregnant, but at the same time, I felt like sometimes, they treated my cycle around their schedule instead of my most fertile times
They put me on femora for 5 days starting the 2nd or 3rd day of my cycle. The dosage started out with 5 mg?? I think at first for the first 3 cycles and then AFTER I REQUESTED, they bumped me up to 7.5 mg/day for the 5 days. During, they monitored me with vaginal ultrasounds to see where my body was at in the process of releasing an egg. Once they felt like I was getting close to ovulating, they had me take an HCG shot at home and then 24-36 hours later, I went in for the IUI treatment. After that, they put me on vaginal suppositories of progesterone for about 2 weeks and then had me come in for a blood pregnancy test (which I rarely even made it to because I always started my period before they could test...) I never got pregnant through 5 cycles of treatments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very clean and professional looking. It had a warm environment and made you feel comfortable to be there. They were pretty quick with helping you out once you got there and the wait time was generally pretty short
When I went in for consultation, they told me the cost for one treatment would be about $800. But I had insurance (husband didn’t) so half of my treatment cost was covered with insurance. However, they didn’t count the cost or medication which was about $200 each cycle. And I still think even with my insurance covering half of my treatments, after all the medications and costs for me and my husband, each cycle cost more than $800 (which is what they said it would cost total...)
Treated 2017
Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times.... I met him once, and from then on we received care from a different nurse every time.... I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet.... We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger.
The nurses [Utah Fertility Center] are difficult to get in touch with, and when you reach them, you have to explain everything to them each time. They always struggled to understand my questions.... Scheduling for your first appointment takes a long time, but after that they are pretty good about getting you a good time for your follow-ups.... Also, the financial coordinator will not meet with you unless you are starting IVF. Other than that, the clinic was usually really great to work with, friendly, and provided a lot of good info upfront.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times. At our first meeting, he pulled my gown off without telling me what he was doing and with no warning. He also quizzed me on my diagnosis and made me feel kind of stupid. I only met him one time, so my experience is limited. I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet. We only went with him because he was the only doctor at the clinic who was covered with our insurance, but we will definitely be going with a different doctor for future treatments.
Ask a lot of questions.
We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger. I then used vaginal progesterone suppositories for the remainder of the cycle. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses are difficult to get in touch with, and when you reach them, you have to explain everything to them each time. They always struggled to understand my questions. At my appointments, I saw a different nurse every time, so I didn't feel like there was one single person who knew me or my file really well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling for your first appointment takes a long time, but after that they are pretty good about getting you a good time for your follow-ups. We switched to this clinic for our 3rd IUI. Our previous clinic charged our insurance for all ultrasounds and blood draws, and we asked UFC if they could do that, and they said they were ethically opposed to doing it. When I told them that meant we would be going back to our old clinic for treatment, they said they could make it happen, and made a big deal about how they "never do that" and said we would have to remind them to bill our insurance at every appointment. It was kind of a hassle, and they made me feel really weird about it. Also, the financial coordinator will not meet with you unless you are starting IVF. Other than that, the clinic was usually really great to work with, friendly, and provided a lot of good info upfront.
We had them charge our insurance for ultrasounds, tests, & bloodwork for our IUI, so we paid $350 for our procedure.
Treated 2016 - 2017
After first meeting with Dr. Foulk, we were very hopeful and excited to get started! He did an ultra sound on me at our initial meeting to try and find the cause of our infertility. He was kind and professional.... Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
There are a lot of patients at the clinic, but they [Utah Fertility Ctr] always did their best to fit me in and work with my schedule....The staff were very friendly. Specifically in the St. George office, Heather made sure the office was spotless!... We were responsible to call the office and pay our bills; they did not call us. When asked what each appointment/procedure cost, we were refereed to the Pleasant Grove office. It is very clean and inviting.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Try to have the funds available to keep going after failed IUI cycles, but it's okay if you don't. Dr. Foulk stressed the importance of continuing to IVF right after failed IUI cycles. Unfortunately my husband and I didn't not have the funds to try IVF which makes us feel a little nervous to go back and be "one of those patients" who have to essentially start over with treatments.
Dr. Foulk came down to meet us for our initial appointment in St. George. He was very positive and explained/answered all options and questions that we had.
Our plan was to do three cycles of IUI and then move into OFF cycles. Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather Johnson)
In the St. George office, we worked primarily with Heather. She did all of our appointments and IUI cycles. After each appointment, we had a different diagnosis which was a little confusing; however, she showed great empathy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There are a lot of patients at the clinic, but they always did their best to fit me in and work with my schedule. I only had to go to the Pleasant Grove office once. It is very clean and inviting. The staff were very friendly. Specifically in the St. George office, Heather made sure the office was spotless! They were in the process of moving to a different location during my visits.
We were responsible to call the office and pay our bills; they did not call us. When asked what each appointment/procedure cost, we were refereed to the Pleasant Grove office. The medicine was billed by an outside source. Our overall cost for our two IUI cycles and other tests done including medicine was approximately $4000 If I remember correctly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
At times, we had to call Heather to get results and ask what the next step was. We were often time confused with conflicting information that we were told. Don't be afraid to call and ask any questions that you have!
St. George

Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr Russell Foulk] was genuine and kind BUT very busy. I felt like part of an assembly line...I wish I was able to see him more often. He was really nice but I didn’t ever feel like I fully understood what was going on or the suggestions he made and I did t feel comfortable enough to ask further questions. I would go google everything after the appointments...I was doing a third round of IUI and his nurse practitioner did it, he said we probably should t have done it. I was frustrated that he wouldn’t have been involved in my procedures as a doctor and his nurse could have the day all. I’m paying lots of money for his care NOT the nurse practitioner.
Appointments [at Utah Fertility Center] always started a little late and then you would wait in the room for a while. Demand answers and advocate for yourself. Dr Faulk is caring but you rarely see him...I did not like his nurse practitioners. They didn’t help me feel understood, heard, or cared for...I was doing a third round of IUI and his nurse practitioner did it, he said we probably should t have done it. I was frustrated that he wouldn’t have been involved in my procedures as a doctor and his nurse could have the day all. I’m paying lots of money for his care NOT the nurse practitioner.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Demand more information and time.
He was genuine and kind BUT very busy. I felt like part of an assembly line. I did not like his nurse practitioners. They didn’t help me feel understood, heard, or cared for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
I always felt I left confused on my next steps. I would ask questions and never felt I got a full answer. My appointments always felt rushed. When things came back negative I got very sympathy. It was just on to the next.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Prepare to wait in the waiting for a bit. Appointments always started a little late and then you would wait in the room for a while. Demand answers and advocate for yourself. Dr Faulk is caring but you rarely see him.
Everything felt expense but my husband is still a student and I am a teacher. I can’t remember specifics. I do know it was more expensive than my current fertility clinic.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
He was fine to do multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I had to call once to remind them to send in a prescription that was needed.
Treated 2014 - 2018
I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them...Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions... very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
Danica [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] is awesome and great at her job. She has a lot of compassion and makes up for what dr foulk lacks...IUIs were around 900 out of pocket and IVF was around 8,000 out of pocket. FETs are around 3200...They take forever to call you back with results and often it’s after 5 so if you miss their call and try to call right back, you can’t get through and have to wait a whole extra day. Everything is rushed and sometimes results get mixed up and protocols get mixed up.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
he’s very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
He’s very smart and good at his job but not very warm.
Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
Danica is awesome and great at her job. She has a lot of compassion and makes up for what dr foulk lacks
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall UFC has been a good experience because I have had 2 babies because of them. I have heard they are the best in my state which is why I decided to go with them but they do have some weaknesses. They take forever to call you back with results and often it’s after 5 so if you miss their call and try to call right back, you can’t get through and have to wait a whole extra day. Everything is rushed and sometimes results get mixed up and protocols get mixed up. I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them
I always transferred 2 embryos. My embryos always implanted but I always ended up miscarrying one or both early on

Treated 2016
He [Dr. Foulk] didn't take the time to see us. Scheduling with him was impossible. He wanted to do the bare minimum...It was hard to get an appointment with him because he was always put of state. It felt like he wanted to do one minor treatment at a time which made me feel he was just trying to get more money and not that he cared about getting us a baby quickly...
Strength [of Utah Fetility Center] was that they were highly recommend Weakness was that the only office available was 45 minutes away and my doctor was never there. Scheduling was pushed months out...Failed to explain cost of treatments before treatments were done. Failed to offer financial services prior to treatments...OUR baseline ultrasound was 500$...It felt like he [Dr. Foulk] wanted to do one minor treatment at a time which made me feel he was just trying to get more money and not that he cared about getting us a baby quickly
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Be present at your office and available for patients
He didn't take the time to see us. Scheduling with him was impossible. He wanted to do the bare minimum
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strength was that they were highly recommend Weakness was that the only office available was 45 minutes away and my doctor was never there. Scheduling was pushed months out
OUR baseline ultrasound was 500$
Murray
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was ok. But didn’t seem to want to really pay attention to me and what my body was doing. I was compared to others. He kept telling me that yeah that happens when you try to have a third kid. But he didn’t know why. I wish he would have focused on me and what was happening to my body...We had an analysis done on my husband and everything was great, then he had me do a round of clomid but just a little different dose then my regular Dr gave me. And that was the only treatment we did.
Don’t remember much about her [the nurse at Utah Fertlity Center]. She was in and out quick...They came out of Utah so not a lot of options for appointment times. Also make sure you get in all your questions cause they were only there once a month. The office lady was great. She was flexable on paying and was super nice...We had an analysis done on my husband and everything was great, then he had me do a round of clomid but just a little different dose then my regular Dr gave me. And that was the only treatment we did.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was ok. But didn’t seem to want to really pay attention to me and what my body was doing. I was compared to others. He kept telling me that yeah that happens when you try to have a third kid. But he didn’t know why. I wish he would have focused on me and what was happening to my body.
Ask lots of questions and have him focus on just you
He was nice but I seemed like I was just part of a statistic not an individual. He didn’t seem to want to pin point the problem
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Don’t remember much about her. She was in and out quick
I was under 100 cause my insurance covered some back then