5.1

5320 S. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-892-9696

Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine

Reno
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Foulk is always willing to give you a call after every treatment no matter the outcome. To touch bases again and to talk about next options or just give encouraging words...treats you like family. He is clear with his explanations, goals for your treatments, and diagnosis...He is extremely personable and understands the struggles that we are going through...We started the cycle with planning to do timed intercourse, but ended up wanting to do IUI. Since my follicles werent maturing, we cancelled the cycle and I then took provera to start my period and try again a different treatment plan. The next month I started taking metformin to help with my insulin resistant PCOS. We did letrozole and injectibles. My follicles finally grew, but my IUI was unsuccessful. Due to the pandemic, we took a month off and will go back when my next period starts.
I spent more on medication than I did on the actual IUI [at Nevada Fertility Center]. I spent $1,100 on my IUI. I spent almost $2,000 on the clomid, letrozole, and follistims...The staff is all so friendly and accommodating. They treat you like family. The are extremely understanding and will help with whatever you need help with. I am a teacher and I teach during the hours that they are open, they are always willing to move things around to help you get in for an appointment. They are thorough with what you need to do. They do step by step instructions for injectibles and give you a calendar so you know what to do and when to do it. They treat you like you matter.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Dr. Foulk treats you like family. He is clear with his explanations, goals for your treatments, and diagnosis. He is always a call away and does whatever it takes to make sure that you're not another number. He is extremely personable and understands the struggles that we are going through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Be honest and open with him so that you get the most out of your experience with him. He is honest and open with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
I always feel that communication is key. Communication is at the top of their priority. They are quick to respond and Dr. Foulk is always willing to give you a call after every treatment no matter the outcome. To touch bases again and to talk about next options or just give encouraging words.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas) and their degree of success.
My first cycle was cancelled with Dr. Foulk because my follicles weren't maturing. During that cycle I took two rounds of Clomid and Follistim injectibles. We started the cycle with planning to do timed intercourse, but ended up wanting to do IUI. Since my follicles werent maturing, we cancelled the cycle and I then took provera to start my period and try again a different treatment plan. The next month I started taking metformin to help with my insulin resistant PCOS. We did letrozole and injectibles. My follicles finally grew, but my IUI was unsuccessful. Due to the pandemic, we took a month off and will go back when my next period starts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kim Carter )
Kim Carter is also amazing. I felt like she was apart of my family, like an older sister guiding me through something difficult. She always called back with an answer. She was extremely flexible and understanding. She showed compassion when things werent going so well. I am so happy to have her apart of the staff I see when I go to the Nevada Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
I spent more on medication than I did on the actual IUI. I spent $1,100 on my IUI. I spent almost $2,000 on the clomid, letrozole, and follistims.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
N/A to my experience.
Las Vegas
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had...he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once...After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again...Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures...I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle.
During both of my cycles [at Utah Fertility Center] I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation...She [care coordinator] double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor but he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once when we first got our constellation. After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures, or to see him again after your constellation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He started me on progesterone to induce a period. And it went as planned. He then had me take clomid (100mg) for a few days, that produced zero results so they started me on injectables. I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle. The second cycle we tried 2.5 mg of femara for 15 days that also produced nothing. So we started out at 75 units of gonad-f and it barely started to work so they upped my dosage to 150 units. That did start my ovaries producing follicles but very slowly so they again upped the dosage to 225 units. This produced 2 perfect follicles, and I was scheduled my iui. I took a trigger shot 36 hours before the iui, and they did 1 insemination. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. During both of my cycles I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Mcfarland )
My care coordinator Michelle Mcfarland was very knowledgeable and friendly. She double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The strengths of this clinic is that they get things done in a timely manner. The weaknesses would have to be getting back in contact with you over the phone, sometimes it took days to hear back from them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
iui: 875.00 That included, ultrasounds and physician monitoring 525.00, sperm preparation 165.00, And insemination 185.00 My injectable meds were between $405.00-$900.00 depending on the dosage. So all in all 1 cycle was around $2,000.00 with everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I had test results that took way longer than was said to get the results back. And several times they forgot to call the pharmacy to get my fertility drugs sent to me. I had to call the pharmacy myself and have them call the fertility clinic to verify my prescription that I needed shipped to me the next day.
Treated 2014 - 2019
He [Dr. Foulk] bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me... He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating.... we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief,
The building [Utah Fertility Center] is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. T
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Since I've been there so long, there may be another doctor I would be interested in talking to (Dr. Gertcheff - she works at the same clinic) for a 2nd opinion. She seems to have just a bit more compassion (she had to be the doctor to tell me during an ultrasound that I lost my baby, and she rubbed my arm while I sobbed, very soothing and sympathetically). I still adore Foulk, but have been considering switching to Dr. Gertcheff. I may not though, because of my history with Dr. Foulk and because I think he is great at what he does too. He bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me (which is important to me, to feel like a human and not a number). He has tried to help lighten the mood when we are stiff and anxious. He is very realistic about expectations (careful to not get my hopes high when I've had poor quality embryos). He takes time with me when I need it, which I very much appreciate. Infertility has turned me into a very type-A person, where I (likely, to a fault) micromanage my cycle. He doesn't scoff at me for it, but instead works with me to make sure mentally, I am taken care of (since IVF is such a huge undertaking anyway). When I start getting really nutso (because of all the stories online) he is careful to guide me back onto the course and explains that not everything I've read online is accurate. He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating. Before I met Dr. Foulk, my husband and I had spent 6 years trying to get pregnant. We had seen several unqualified doctors who made grandiose promises to us, that were unsuccessful. Dr. Foulk was the first person who gave us hope. Not even necessarily hope for babies, but hope for answers. For 6 years I was told there was no reason for my infertility, but after seeing Dr. Foulk, we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief, for which I am very grateful. One of my biggest let-down's with Dr. Foulk was simply that he didn't test me for endometriosis until after my 1st failed IVF with them. I wish that was something we would have done from the start, just because the 1st IVF felt like a bit of a waste. To be fair though, I didn't understand that the severity of my symptoms were abnormal so I didn't explain that well enough to urge for testing. I can't blame him for thinking I didn't need a laparoscopy. Other than that, I am very pleased.
I'd say to be patient because he has so many clients (all over the state of Utah) and he works in two different clinics so you may not see him often. I would also say that he is very by-the-book with western medicine, so if you're a little on the eastern medicine side of things, he won't discourage you, but he may not see the purpose. I'd also say that you're in great hands, and that all my friends who have seen him (seriously, everyone but me, haha) has ended up pregnant. I'd say, if you explain to him how infertility has impacted other aspects of your life (emotionally, financially, spiritually, etc) he will have a resource to help you. He really, really, knows his stuff.
Dr Foulk has let me call him and barrage him with questions. I walk into each consultation with a long list of questions, and he patiently takes the time to review each of my concerns, and give me resources to his answers. I've experienced a lot of loss at Utah Fertility Center, and he has always been very sympathetic and kind.
This is long! Here we go. 2014 (6 years into my infertility at this point) = 29 years old I still have the paperwork. My daily meds are: Lupron, prenatal, baby aspirin, coq10 Stim meds (10 days): follistim 225, menopur 1 powder 5 days before transfer I start HGH 50 units Feel so bloated. 10 days of stims, then trigger shot. Egg retrieval 2 days later. 31 eggs retrieved. 26 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 20 fertilized. 2 grade C (heavily fragmented) blastocysts by day 5 (the rest have arrested). We transfer both. Use progesterone suppositories after transfer. 10 day beta = 21 HCG ("your number is low but we will be cautiously optimistic!"). Spot and bleed the entire time. I'm instructed to switch to PIO (progesterone in oil) shots (because of the irritation the suppositories are causing to my cervix). It rises appropriately until 600 and then slowly peaks at 700. At my 6 week ultrasound, we see my uterus contracting, and the blood draw that day comes back at 90. I am told to stop all meds. We save for a year to do another IVF. Before the next IVF... Dr. Foulk readdresses the idea of me possibly having endometriosis (because of how many eggs arrested and I was still considered relatively young). I go in for a laparoscopy in 2015 and am told I have stage 4 endo. He removes as much as he can, then puts me on a 3 month treatment of depot lupron to shrink any left over endometriosis. 2016 - 2nd IVF (31 years old) Protocol: Estrace 2 mg vaginally daily, prenatal, coq10, baby aspirin. 10 days of stims: Follistim increased to 300, menopur 1 powder vial, begin HGH 5 days before egg retrieval 36 eggs retrieved. 23 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 18 fertilize. 3 grade B embryos make it to blastocyst stage. We transfer 2, and freeze one. Go on the strongest dose of PIO to help prevent spotting/bleeding. Day 10 beta HCG comes in at 5.1. Am told to continue with meds. It climbs up to 114, and then drops to 19. Chemical pregnancy. I get tested for MTHFR - am tested positive for homozygous C667T. Could explain the recurrent miscarriage. November 2016 - Frozen Embryo (of 1 grade B blastocyst) transfer (am now 32 years old) Protocol: Prenatal with FOLATE (instead of folic acid), estradiol valerate twice a week, baby aspirin, progesterone in oil 1 ml, after transfer I begin heparin (blood thinner) twice a day. 10 Day beta/HCG blood draw: Negative No frozen embryos. Husband and I decide to give IVF one last shot. We want to give it everything we've got. We save for another year. We decide to PGS test the embryos this time. November 2017 egg retrieval Protocol: Prenatal with Folate (for MTHFR), coq10, baby aspirin, Follistim increased to twice a day (morning is 300 mg, night is 225), menopur 1 powder vial, HGH begins 5 days before retrieval, dexamethasone (steroid) starts about 9 days before retrieval. It takes a few extra days of stims this time to get my eggs to the right size. 26 eggs retrieved. 22 are at the right size to inseminate with ICSI. 13 Fertilize properly. All look bad by day 5. But one, shifts and suddenly starts doing better. They call it my FIGHTER baby. One more pulls through. They tell me this one looks pretty bad and give me the option of tossing it. No way. Keep it. Because both my little blastocysts are fragile, I opt out of PGS testing and don't want to damage them. We freeze them while we work on moving out of my in-laws. So in total, I have one grade B blastocyst, and one grade C blastocyst. April (sigh, one year ago) 2018 - 33 years old FROZEN TRANSFER FOR BOTH EMBRYOS They thaw very well. We transfer both. I begin dexamethasone again to suppress my immunity from possibly kicking the babies out. I also start an immuno-suppressant treatment (where I get hooked up to an IV every other week, to flush my body full of intralipids... another attempt to help me from kicking the babies out). I am on heparin (blood thinner (for MTHFR)), prenatal with folate, and the strongest dose of progesterone in oil that I can get. Day 10 beta HCG blood draw = 38 (highest I've ever had, but still considered low) It raises up to 3100 and when I go in for my 6 week ultrasound, I begin bleeding profusely on the table and am told that my baby had died. My 6 week ultrasound turned into an immediate D&C. I walked in pregnant and left empty. My pregnancy tissue is tested and the results come back that I was pregnant with one, chromosomally normal, boy. No frozen embryos. No closer to having a baby than where I was 10 years before. At this point, I've had 93 eggs retrieved from Utah Fertility Center, 7 embryos that made it to blastocyst stage (4 that were grade B, and 3 that were grade C). I've had 2 fresh transfers, and 2 frozen transfers that resulted in 2 miscarriages, and 1 chemical pregnancy. No babies yet. 2019 (currently 34 years old) Dr Foulk recommends I do a donor egg cycle. He says with my age, and how well I responded to meds that he thinks my endometriosis is inside my ovaries and has damaged all my eggs. This has been a LONG process of letting go of the babies we've lost, and trying to figure out what the right step going forward is for my husband and me. We're discussing embryo adoption, foster care, adoption, and yes, donor egg. We have been saving since our miscarriage last year for whatever we attempt. My husband will be going through a DNA sperm fragmentation test this summer to ensure his sperm is chromosomally normal (we have no reason to suspect it isn't, all his semenalysis's have been normal) but he doesn't want to proceed with donor egg until we get those results. Assuming the results come back good, then we will begin the process to use a donor for a donor egg IVF cycle and then will attempt to transfer the embryos back into me. Wish us luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young and Danica Gilbert)
Wonderful. I have no complaints. They took the time to reassure me when I was anxious, let me vent, explain and answer questions to me. When I experienced my last miscarriage, every nurse I worked with came into the room to give me a hug and tell me they were sorry. It was such a bitter-sweet moment. They really made me feel cared for. My dreams were there dreams.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The building is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. They leave no stone unturned before they wrap up for the day.
One of the reasons I chose Utah Fertility Center over Reproductive Care Center in Utah was because RCC made you choose a package based on a gamble ("You can pay $20k up front for 3 egg retrievals and transfers and if it doesn't work we will refund 80%! But if you get pregnant on your first attempt, we won't refund any... and you'll have paid twice the amount that someone who just pays for one cycle gets..."). Utah Fertility Center didn't want to prey on my emotions and said that with each IVF attempt, they will discount the cycle more and more. By the end I was paying a very inexpensive price (well... for IVF anyway) which was very appreciated. They always gave us free ICSI too.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
My doctor recommend a single embryo transfer if you are young and the embryo quality is strong. If you are a little older and/or the embryo quality was poor than he recommended transferring more than one (if that was an option). Because of my low embyo quality, we always transferred two.
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr. Foulk is well educated and you can tell he has dedicated his professional life to helping those struggling with infertility. However, I felt that he lacks the ability to make you feel important rather than just another number.... Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case.... HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her.
Strengths: They [Utah Fertility Center] are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try.... Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.... When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Always write down before you appointment any questions you have and make sure to asking everything and anything while he is there. As once he leaves the room you will not have the chance to speak with him until you fully into the process of your treatment and he comes into the room to do his part.
Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case. Expect one nurse specifically but at times was difficult to get a hold of her and would feel blocked by the other medical staff. When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude. The results were negative and she showed no empathy but treated me like I was just another task on her check list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her. She made you feel like she actual cared. As for the rest of the nursing staff and medical assistants my experience was never great with them. Some were rude and lacked any type of empathy for what the patients were going through. Most of the time I felt like they had no idea what was my course of treatment was or how to help answer questions. Couple times when I called in with concerns and the nurse I had requested to work with directly was out of the office and I had to work with someone else they made me feel like my concern were not valid and was wasting their by calling to ask about them. Every sonographer I worked with was great and I had no complaints with them. I like the nurse practitioners as well one of they even was able to relate as to what I was going through because she as well was going through infertility herself.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: They are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try. I have very difficult veins but was always fully confident in the techs. Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.
IVF cost for blood work, ultrasounds, anesthesia, retrieval, monitoring, and implantation was a little over $10,000.00 IUI cost $1,000.000
Pleasant Grove
I’ve only completed iui with Dr. Foulk but his strategy was simple. I wasn’t growing follicles big enough on my own so I was placed on Femara to allow that to happen then we got the iui done. My body reacted well to the femara each time and all IUI’s went smoothly. Since the IUI’s did not work for me it was decided that something higher on the reproductive track could be causing this like my egg quality or somehow my tubes are blocked enough to not allow the egg to pass but will allow dye to pass through.
The St. George clinic [of Utah Fertility Center] was definitely smaller than I had imagined it being but it also made it feel more comfortable and that you wouldn’t fall through the cracks. I think with any clinic doing your own research on the fertility treatments can help you to ask the right questions.... The nursing staff was amazing in St. George and the same with the nurses in Pleasant Grove. They have all been so kind and compassionate and cheer you on every step of the way. I’ve had to bring my daughter with me to some visits and they interact and are so sweet with her as well.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we first met with Dr. Foulk he drew a diagram on a piece of paper explaining all the different areas that could cause infertility and what treatments could help us to know what could be causing the infertility if they didn’t work. I felt he was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. When the IUI treatments didn’t work for me he took the time to sit down with me again and review what happened and to look at what to do in the future without being pushy or wanting to skip to IVF he gave me options and listened to my concerns.
Dr. Foulk has always taken the time at each visit I’ve seen him to clearly explain what he is thinking with my treatment and the course of action. I felt he was very kind and personalized my visit to help me to eventually reach my goal.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The St. George clinic was definitely smaller than I had imagined it being but it also made it feel more comfortable and that you wouldn’t fall through the cracks. I think with any clinic doing your own research on the fertility treatments can help you to ask the right questions.
I honestly have amazing insurance that paid 50% of my fertility treatments and usually covered my labs. The most expensive medication I remember was $300.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I was given a prescription for a new medication to fill at my pharmacy. When I drove an hour home, none of the pharmacies would fill it saying that it didn’t exist in the normal market any more. When I called the clinic back one of the newer ladies didn’t know that it had to be mailed to me by a special pharmacy. It got figured out but I was stressed when no one would fill it.
Treated 2015 - 2017
I really liked Dr. Foulk as a doctor and as a person. I really felt he cared about me. He is kind and compassionate and very smart. He always took time for my husband and I and always had a box of tissues he would hand me himself when the tears came rolling.... I did 4 cycles with him (1 fresh and 3 frozen) I had 3 resulting pregnancies and of these pregnancies 1 was stillborn at 20 weeks and the others were miscarriages.
I felt the clinic [Utah Fertility Center- PG] lacked organizational skills and the nurse practitioner I saw for ultrasounds was very judgmental and rude. She said some pretty offensive personal things about me. Also I had some complications that arose from embryo transfer and nobody saw the red flags that I was developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome… Which can be a life-threatening situation. I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I really liked Dr. Foulk as a doctor and as a person. I really felt he cared about me. He is kind and compassionate and very smart. He always took time for my husband and I and always had a box of tissues he would hand me himself when the tears came rolling. Although we didn’t ever get a live baby while working with him, I will say it was a pleasure working with him.
I would say he is great. I would trust him with my life. His staff on the other hand stands in the way of having a smooth and successful process as they drop the ball on details with medications and scheduling. I felt I had to babysit them all the time and call them to remind them to plan and schedule certain things for me since I got so used to the way things worked having gone through 4 different embryo transfers.
I felt like Dr Foulk himself was very warm and definitely treated me like a human. His staff on the other hand did not. They were very disorganized and missed a lot of important details. Also there was a lot of complications with them releasing my embryos in storage when we tried to switch doctors. They were reluctant to work with our new doctor in releasing the embryos to them and also caused some complications with delivery that may have altered the viability of the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
I remember her being very nice. However I did feel like I had to call and remind them of things coming up that I needed. I didn’t think I would have to coordinate my care coordinator.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I felt the clinic lacked organizational skills and the nurse practitioner I saw for ultrasounds was very judgmental and rude. She said some pretty offensive personal things about me. Also I had some complications that arose from embryo transfer and nobody saw the red flags that I was developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome… Which can be a life-threatening situation. I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded I be seei I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded to be seen. I had to rush me to the clinic up north for an emergency fluid draining of my abdomen because it had gotten so bad. I was really sick for a few months and had a lot of physical repercussions from it. After talking to other doctors I found out that this condition was completely preventable and should have been watched for with the number of eggs they saw growing in my ovaries. Nobody took any pre caution to stop it or treat it in advance.
They seemed reasonable and competitive with other doctors I had research
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve already discussed the situations in previous notations
Treated 2017
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator... After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's.
UFC has two locations, Murray and Pleasant Grove. Getting appointments was easy, they were flexible with changes, and helpful in showing me how to do injections. Lots of nurses had done IVF themselves.... The nursing staff was great at UFC. They were slow to respond to any phone calls or emails, but they were compassionate and ordered meds in an urgent emergency for me when I needed them the next day.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator, and they were good at communicating (very slow at times, but always answered my questions.)
I wish I would have gone to him right off the bat, instead of waiting until he was my third doctor. He gets in and out and gets you the best treatment quickly. He adjusts course when needed. He doesn't give unrealistic hope, too - which I liked. He was reasonable and real with his explanations.
Staff and Nurses were very helpful and nice. They did their best to communicate with me via phone, and my IVF coordinator was very kind and reassuring.
I had endometriosis, so he suspected a blocked tube at first. He wanted to try 3 IUI's to isolate the tubes and make sure they weren't the problem before moving on to IVF. After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's. HE listened to me, and said "Let's try something more agressive then. Let's start IVF". We did IVF, found out my egg quality was poor, and he said he was glad we didn't waste time doing IUI's. He said I was right with my gut feeling. We planned to do a frozen cycle with PGS originally with IVF, but my egg quality was so poor, that our only option was the use the only 2 decent embryos (that were fragmenting and not going to make it one more day int he lab unless we transferred them that day) so we changed course and did a fresh transfer. He adjusted course, and we got one embryo to stick. Now I am 18 weeks pregnant with one baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mikkelson)
The nursing staff was great at UFC. They were slow to respond to any phone calls or emails, but they were compassionate and ordered meds in an urgent emergency for me when I needed them the next day. They were overall helpful and great.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC has two locations, Murray and Pleasant Grove. Getting appointments was easy, they were flexible with changes, and helpful in showing me how to do injections. Lots of nurses had done IVF themselves. The only weakness is that their communication is slow and delayed. They do an excellent job in everything else.
It was around 18k for a frozen PGS cycle not including medications and ultrasounds. We opted for a fresh cycle last minute, and had maybe 1,000 left over in credit. I still haven't been mailed a check with our refund because they are waiting on insurance claims, etc. (3 months later)
Treated 2016
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.... All 3 IUI cycles I took Femara. First IVF cycle we used Menopur (1 powder), Follistim (225 AM, 150 PM), and Lupron 40 units (20AM/PM). I produced 8 eggs, and by day 5 only had 2 embryos and did a day 5 fresh transfer. Second IVF cycle I was on the Depo-Lupron (medicated menopause) for 3 months previous to the start of our IVF cycle. I was then put on 2mg of Estrace before starting IVF because my ovaries needed to wake up. Menopur (1 powder), Gonal-f (225 AM, 150 PM). I produced 6 eggs (was hoping for a better outcome due to low ovarian reserve) and by day 3 had 2 embryos. We ended up doing a day 3 fresh transfer.
My IVF nurse [at Utah Fertility Center] was wonderful! Very caring and helpful. Though sometimes hard to reach. Nursing staff were always cheerful and tried to remain positive when hearing bad news (negative pregnancy tests). Though they sometimes returned phone calls too late in the day.... With test results - they never gave me my numbers for estrogen during IVF. They also never (to my knowledge) checked progesterone levels. I also had to ask how many follicles I had and the size range each and every visit. They also don't have early morning appointments (before 8am) for those that can't take work off.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Even though I expected him to be a knowledgeable RE, I still had to be my own advocate and ask for tests and medications used. I was disappointed when I came to my first IUI to find that he wasn't going to perform my IUI and had another perform it.
He gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young)
My IVF nurse was wonderful! Very caring and helpful. Though sometimes hard to reach. Nursing staff were always cheerful and tried to remain positive when hearing bad news (negative pregnancy tests). Though they sometimes returned phone calls too late in the day. I had one time where I was getting a rash/breakout from the PIO injections and I called and no one returned my phone call in a timely manner and I was worried so I ended up going into the clinic for them to check out the rash. I'm not sure what they would've told me if I had waited to hear from them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The cycle fee with insurance was $9,000 for IVF #1, I paid $3,000 deposit. Does not include medication. The self pay fee ($7,900) + ICSI ($1,700) was $9,600 for IVF #2. This does not include medications.
Due to the quality of my eggs and the quality of the embryos we ended up transferring 2 embryos each time to boost our chances of having 1 of those embryos stick.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Getting ready for my second IVF cycle they forgot to call in my prescription for my medication. Thankfully I got it in time to start, but that was a little stressful.
Treated 2015
We really only talked with him [Dr. Foulk] during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there... I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me...Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything.
I knew we would need copies of all our medical records from this clinic [Utah Fertility Center]...it took several answering machine messages, rerouted calls, and eventually some frustrated phone calls to get them to fax this information over. I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication was, because when we got the paperwork, the nurses were kind and helpful, but it was a little frustrating... no one really sat us down and walked through costs and financing with us.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk did a great job introducing us to infertility. He walked us through what had happened to us and offered explanations as to why I'd had two chemical pregnancies. He worked with our tight time frame (we were moving out of state soon), and he was kind and efficient. We really only talked with him during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there. Overall I liked him, but if we had stayed with this clinic longer, I would have wondered if he was involved much with our care.
This was my first experience with an RE, and it was positive. I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me. The nurses also did a good job helping me and remembering me each time we went in.
I did two clomid IUI cycles with Dr. Foulk. I did a baseline ultrasound, clomid on days 3-7, another ultrasound to determine follicle size, a trigger shot (I believe ovidrel, but I had to mix the injection myself before triggering), and the IUI procedure. They allowed my husband to collect at home and bring the sample in on the day. His numbers were normal. Blood work for HCG level 2 weeks after procedure. Both IUIs were the same. I also did an HSG before starting the IUIs that came back normal, but a hysteroscopy a few years later revealed a blocked tube, (no pregnancies in between) so I'm not sure how reliable that HSG was. We decided to do IUIs because I had gotten pregnant twice that year on my own, but both were chemical (one suspected ectopic but not verified). Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything. We moved out of state before we could do more follow-up with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
I liked the nursing staff. They did a good job trying to get to know me. This was my first experience with an infertility clinic, so I had been used to being pretty anonymous at any doctor's office, but the nurses here were friendly and kind. I saw a lot of the same nurses over and over, which helped me stay calm for my procedures.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They're busy; they have a lot of patients. This didn't affect me much on a personal care level though. The facility is clean and new, parking is easy, and traffic was never bad to get there. I did most of my blood work elsewhere, which was fine since I lived about 25 minutes from the clinic and one minute from where I did blood work. For my IUIs, the nurses gave me one step at a time, which seemed to be a clinic strategy to help me not get overwhelmed. I think I would have preferred the big picture explained a few more times, however. (This really could be my fault, but I remember wondering why each time I went, I learned new things I had to do and when to do them.) The financial employees were kind, but learning from later experiences at other clinics, no one really sat us down and walked through costs and financing with us. Overall this was a comfortable, safe-feeling clinic. The cleanest and nicest I've been to.
IUI: $1000. Medications on top of that. Clomid, Ovidrel injection, and progesterone suppositories starting the day of the IUI procedure. I think medications were a few hundred dollars. I think insurance covered part of the HSG.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Since we were moving, I knew we would need copies of all our medical records from this clinic. I got them, but the new clinic said we didn't have records of my husband's blood work for infectious diseases. As we had just done this a few months earlier, we didn't want to repeat. I called Utah Fertility Clinic and it took several answering machine messages, rerouted calls, and eventually some frustrated phone calls to get them to fax this information over. I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication was, because when we got the paperwork, the nurses were kind and helpful, but it was a little frustrating.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.... Timed intercourse with meds $575 for office visits and $200 for meds IUI $875 for office visits and procedure and $200 for meds
They [the nurses at Utah Fertility Center-Murray] need to make sure they call with results when they say they are going to. They also need to have more appt times. Work is hard to miss constantly for drs appts. They are very friendly but need to remember that just because they see this everyday it’s still hard and new to us patients... The nurses would say they would call with my results by 4:30 (telling me if I were pregnant or not) and they wouldn’t call until 6:30 or 7:30 or not at all and I would have to try and reach them after hours
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.
Make sure you be up front about what you expect. Make sure they remember what you want.
He got straight to the point and gave me the answers I was looking for. He didn’t beat around the bush at all.
3 rounds of femara with a trigger shot Then one round of femara with a trigger shot and an IUI, resulting in pregnancy, but lost at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
One nurse was super nice, but then I moved and had to go to a new location and the other nurses would forget to call me on my results until the old nurse would call and ask why they never called me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They need to make sure they call with results when they say they are going to. They also need to have more appt times. Work is hard to miss constantly for drs appts. They are very friendly but need to remember that just because they see this everyday it’s still hard and new to us patients.
Murray
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Faulk is very educated. I have not received results I want but I think I have a different situation than the normal patient. I do wish more miscarriage tests were ran on me before the second egg retrieval and frozen embryo transfers,... The first egg retrieval was just a normal stimulation and egg retrieval. We did pgs. The first embryo transfer was negative and second was positive but resulted in miscarriage of a healthy embryo at 7 weeks. Second egg retrieval had a lot more stimation medicine and higher dose of hcg in hopes to get more mature eggs. Did not get more mature eggs. Did pgs and had the same amount of normal embryos. Transferred two got pregnant with one and carried until almost ten weeks then miscarried a 10 week genetically normal embryo.
[Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove's] Strengths - advanced quipment, knowledgeable workers, nurses have great communication Weaknesses- it is a big company with a lot of patients, dr Faulk is frequently is other clinics, late response time on results... Megan and Danica are both great!... Results were always delivered pretty late and waiting for a pregnancy test result you are sitting on pins and needles all day.
You are in good hands.
He knows me and my husband by name and situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
Megan and Danica are both great!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Don’t remember insurance was billed but an egg retrieval was about 12,000 and frozen embryo transfer was about 3,000 but could be wrong
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] will tell you about likely outcomes and how long it may take to conceive, don't be discouraged by that. I appreciated him being candid about it...We only met Dr Foulk twice, once at my initial consultation and once during my first treatment. He explained clearly what was probably going on with my PCOS and our options to conceive. I felt he listened to our concerns. He also was quick to adjust treatment when my body wasn't responding as planned.
The St George clinic [of Utah Fertility Center] is a small office. Never was busy or had long waiting periods. Clean and easy to get to. I would definitely recommend. I felt there was much privacy since it wasn't a huge clinic...I spent most of my treatment working with the nurses and care team. I felt they genuinely cared about me and my treatment...We only met Dr Foulk twice, once at my initial consultation and once during my first treatment. He explained clearly what was probably going on with my PCOS and our options to conceive. I felt he listened to our concerns. He also was quick to adjust treatment when my body wasn't responding as planned.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He will tell you about likely outcomes and how long it may take to conceive, don't be discouraged by that. I appreciated him being candid about it.
First cycle that I did not get pregnant, I started on 100mg of Clomid per day for 5 days. My eggs had not grown so they did 150mg of Clomid for 5 more days then a trigger shot of HCG and times intercourse. Second cycle I did get pregnant, we did 150mg Clomid for 5 days then again for 5 more days since my eggs didn't respond the first 5 days. After the 10 days, we did two shots of FSH over a couple days and my egg released before my next appt so no trigger shot.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The were wonderful! I spent most of my treatment working with the nurses and care team. I felt they genuinely cared about me and my treatment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The St George clinic is a small office. Never was busy or had long waiting periods. Clean and easy to get to. I would definitely recommend. I felt there was much privacy since it wasn't a huge clinic.
I don't remember exactly, I believe it was around $500 for each timed intercourse/induced ovulation cycle and another couple hundred for prescriptions.
St. George
So far, we have completed 3 IUIs with clomid [with Dr. Russell Foulk] (I believe 100 mg for 5 days) and an HSG trigger shot. All were ineffective...I felt as if Dr. Foulk rushed through telling us our diagnosis, but followed up when we reached out with questions...He is very kind...When we talked to him about IVF, it was confusing and he could have taken more time. Also, his quote was extremely off from the financial aid person.
If you have to go the IVF route [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine], make an appointment with the financial aid person the same day so you get all the correct information...[nurses are] Very nice, polite and understanding...Each IUI cost approximately $1300. They quoted us approximately $20,000-25,000 for one IVF cycle...They are professional, accommodating, on time and informative. They seem to really care about their patients. They could explain procedures better especially IVF so patients can make an informed decision.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He is very kind. I wish he would slow down and explain things a bit better at times. When we talked to him about IVF, it was confusing and he could have taken more time. Also, his quote was extremely off from the financial aid person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
If you have to go the IVF route, make an appointment with the financial aid person the same day so you get all the correct information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Everyone is very friendly and seems to care. I felt as if Dr. Foulk rushed through telling us our diagnosis, but followed up when we reached out with questions.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
So far, we have completed 3 IUIs with clomid (I believe 100 mg for 5 days) and an HSG trigger shot. All were ineffective. The clomid gave me headaches and made me emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Henderson )
Very nice, polite and understanding.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine
Reno
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] prefers to PGS test and only freeze 5 day embryos...He goes between two clinics so you’ll never see him until your egg retrieval and transfer. Didn’t like that he wouldn’t let us freeze our two 3 day embryos. He does seem like he really cares when you do see him, but he has so many patients between the two clinics sometimes it seems like he doesn’t remember you.
One time [at Nevada Fertility Center] they didn’t get my husbands blood test results so he had to go back again...Worked with us [on cost] since we did multiple cycles there...The clinic staff is always friendly, although they are behind a lot. Office is typically busy. I felt the nurses were pleasant and compassionate...Be prepared to not see the doctor for any of your monitoring appointments. Some people don’t care about this and some want to see the doctor through every step of the way.
Very knowledgeable. He goes between two clinics so you’ll never see him until your egg retrieval and transfer. Didn’t like that he wouldn’t let us freeze our two 3 day embryos. He does seem like he really cares when you do see him, but he has so many patients between the two clinics sometimes it seems like he doesn’t remember you.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
The nurse I had for 2 cycles is no longer there so I wouldn’t be able to refer that nurse from the previous question. The clinic staff is always friendly, although they are behind a lot. Office is typically busy. I felt the nurses were pleasant and compassionate.
Worked with us since we did multiple cycles there
He prefers to PGS test and only freeze 5 day embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
One time they didn’t get my husbands blood test results so he had to go back again
Treated 2007 - 2018
Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in... I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. ... I feel like they are not good at calling you back. I had OHSS and called the clinic, they didn't call me so I had to go to the hospital. They called the ER doctor back. They do this so often that they don't recognize how scary, expensive and violating this process was
[The staff at Utah Fertility Center are] Poor at calling back. I feel like the phone tree is annoying especially since its for several clinics. I hate that they don't do payment plans. Coming up with $28,000 has us paying a loan until my baby is in 2nd grade... Chelsee [a nurse] was the best with the daughter, me and my crazy emotions and really cared... $28,000 for ivf and about $8000 for the 2 iui's
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Come with a list of questions
I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in
Avoided hcg trigger because I had a really high amh so tried to avoid OHSS. Constant monitoring. Reduced my medications several times
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee)
Chelsee was the best with the daughter, me and my crazy emotions and really cared
$28,000 for ivf and about $8000 for the 2 iui's
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] made me feel like a human he was upfront about everything. Instead of rushing us he answered every question & he just listened to our concerns...He was there just about every appointment. If we could not be there he would call us to talk. When we asked to do a certain test he had no problem setting up the appointment...I was put on metformin to get my hormones in check & I was also put on a medication that starts periods. Then we were starting the process of the shots but then I had to stop the process
The offices [at Utah Fertility Center] are always nice and clean plus relaxing waiting area's for the client's...I was put on metformin to get my hormones in check & I was also put on a medication that starts periods. Then we were starting the process of the shots but then I had to stop the process...Every nurse is great and helpful when we have questions before, during, after the appointments. They are very understanding of what the client's are experiencing in life. Cause most of them have the same problems in their lifes as their client's do. The northern offices don't communicate with the southern office staff
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was there just about every appointment. If we could not be there he would call us to talk. When we asked to do a certain test he had no problem setting up the appointment. The only issue we have is with the doctor is that he is so far away
Ask as many questions as possible
He made me feel like a human he was upfront about everything. Instead of rushing us he answered every question & he just listened to our concerns
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Most of the stuff need is done at there main office in utah county. They are limited at there other offices on what they can do with the client's. The offices are always nice and clean plus relaxing waiting area's for the client's.
It was at least 10k for all of the procedure & medication
Treated 2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] remembered details about me...After 3 failed IUIs, we decided to move on to IVF. Dr Foulk was supportive in doing what we felt was best, and gave us his input along the way. My first IVF was a success! My next go around a couple of years later was with a frozen embryo transfer, which did not take. But Dr Foulk has a game plan for what to do differently next time, he's great to work with...there are multiple treatment options
IUIs were around $1000, IVF about $10,000, and FET about $3,000 [at Utah Fertility Center]. Not including the cost of meds...I went to the St George office, but some of the coordinating staff I needed to work with was in their Pleasant Grove office. So I never saw them in person, but they were good to work with over the phone or email...I needed to get specific labwork done, but was told two different dates of when (but only needed to do it once). Wasn't a big deal though
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
The first treatment may not work, but stick with it, there are multiple treatment options
He remembered details about me
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
IUIs were around $1000, IVF about $10,000, and FET about $3,000. Not including the cost of meds