5.1

5320 S. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-892-9696

Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine

Reno
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200

Treated 2017 - 2020
The whole clinical staff [Utah Fertility Center] are always so helpful and thorough. They genuinely care about you and the reason you are there. It is a clean environment. They explain everything in detail. And I always know that they have your best interest at heart. They are amazing and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.... Danica is just as amazing as Dr. Foulk. She is very compassionate, caring, and kind. I felt that I could ask her anything and she always help no matter what.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Being a patient of Dr. Foulk I always knew what my treatment was going to entail, he explained everything in detail and to where we could understand. Dr. Foulk was there during the most difficult times of my life (my miscarriages), he would personally call to check up on me. Dr. Foulk is so caring and compassionate and I knew that he wasn't ready to give up on making my dream of becoming a mom true. He donated quite a bit of his time as I couldn't always afford the treatments. I lost my last embryo after a negative pregnancy test so we're still trying to figure out how to move forward but I truly know that Dr. Foulk is not ready to give up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Meet with him, ask him all the questions you have and believe that he is on your side and won't give up on you or your dream.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
With all the issues I have had Dr. Foulk was always so caring and I knew he was just as frustrated as I was. He would personally call me to check on me. He's a great Dr.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Oh geez! I have had many different strategies from water ultrasounds, hysteroscopies, D&C, he put me on Depot Lupron for 3 months to get my uterus from being really vascular.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The whole clinical staff are always so helpful and thorough. They genuinely care about you and the reason you are there. It is a clean environment. They explain everything in detail. And I always know that they have your best interest at heart. They are amazing and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
In the beginning I had insurance that helped pay for my treatments so I'm unsure of the actual cost. After my husband switched companies we lost this benefits but after my first miscarriage Dr. Foulk and the UFC staff helped with the costs of my second egg retrieval and transfers.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
My first transfer we transferred 2 embryos which ended up in a miscarriage after that Dr. Foulk strongly suggested only 1 embryo transfer in the following transfers.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Foulk] is the most caring doctor. I have had some really hard times and he always delivered the hard news with so much empathy. I am proud to be one of his patients. He is very organized and made me feel like I was his only patient. I even remember one time he made sure he called me even though it was 8 pm. He wanted to make sure I was okay and that my questions were answered.
The nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center is amazing! They treat you with so much love and compassion. Lacey was our IVF coordinator and she was so helpful through everything. She made sure our meds were right and she spent countless hours helping us. Every time I see her she greets me with a smile and makes my husband and I feel at ease. The nurses are an extension of they doctors at UFC and they take such good care of their patients.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is the most caring doctor. I have had some really hard times and he always delivered the hard news with so much empathy. I am proud to be one of his patients. He is very organized and made me feel like I was his only patient. I even remember one time he made sure he called me even though it was 8 pm. He wanted to make sure I was okay and that my questions were answered.
I would choose him over and over again. He is amazing and he will not give up on you. He is knowledgeable and he will take great care of you!!
UFC and the doctors there are so caring! They want to help you reach your goals of having children. They do everything in their power to help you get there. They are there for the low of lows and I hope they will be there for the high of highs! They care so much about you and want to help you get pregnant. They have tremendous bedside manner.
I started off by doing shots and medicine for an egg retrieval. After a few weeks we realized that I was not producing follicles like I should so he cancelled my egg retrieval. The second time I did shots and I also did testosterone gel on my arm. I did produce follicles. We were hoping for 6-8 eggs and when I had my egg retrieval I had 3 eggs. 2 of them made it to day 4 and 1 made it. My embryo was tested and came back abnormal meaning it wouldn’t implant. I then decided to do some IUIs and I did 2 back to back with clomid and femara and a trigger shot and that has led me to right now. We are meeting with them tomorrow to figure out our next steps. To say this has been a long road would be an understatement but we will do anything to get our babies here safely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah Fertility Center is amazing at communicating with their patients. They are organized and they get appointments scheduled quickly. They are always on schedule and you can count on them to not keep you waiting. The front desk is so inviting and they know you by name as you walk in. You feel loved there. I honestly cannot think of weaknesses. I have had nothing but amazing care at their clinic.
IVF-$7500 in medicines and then paying for anesthesia for egg retrieval and money for testing of the embryos. IUI-we have had 2 of them and paid about 1,000 for each one. We have also paid for progesterone suppositories several times which cost a couple hundred each time.

Treated 2020
After a failed IUI with another provider, he [Dr. Foulk] met with me on a Sunday and reassured me he had a plan and I would be pregnant in the coming few months. He knew exactly what protocol to use and didn’t send me for unnecessary testing. He considered our willingness to be aggressive. We didn’t want a conservative approach and he was willing to comply. I loved that the most. He didn’t want to waste time and he understood my impatience after years of TTC.
Dr. Foulk and his staff [at Nevada Fertility Center] took to me quickly. By the 2nd appointment, everyone knew my name and my story and by month 3 of treatment, I considered them friends. I was tended to immediately after each concern and was given after hour contact info which I used very frequently to ease my mind...[the nurses] took care of me, gave me direction and motivation. They texted me after hours and celebrated each victory with me. The staff was never too busy for a question, a repeat blood draw (I had 12 in 20 days to check on levels) or adjusting meds. All my questions to Dr. Foulk’s NP, Kim Carter, we’re immediately directed to the doctor when he was out of state (he has a few clinics in the nation) and I had an answer in minutes in most cases. All lab results were provided within 4 hrs from blood draw (this is record timing). Just feel so lucky I experienced this with them.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
After a failed IUI with another provider, he met with me on a Sunday and reassured me he had a plan and I would be pregnant in the coming few months. He knew exactly what protocol to use and didn’t send me for unnecessary testing. He considered our willingness to be aggressive. We didn’t want a conservative approach and he was willing to comply. I loved that the most. He didn’t want to waste time and he understood my impatience after years of TTC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Don’t get discouraged if they don’t answer the phone. Just get up and go and make an appointment. You will get results and you will be treated like a princess.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Dr. Foulk and his staff took to me quickly. By the 2nd appointment, everyone knew my name and my story and by month 3 of treatment, I considered them friends. I was tended to immediately after each concern and was given after hour contact info which I used very frequently to ease my mind.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas) and their degree of success.
Successful round of IUI Hsg precious cycle determined one side had thank adhesions so we were only going to move forward if we had a follicle on my good side (we did!). 5mg femara 3-7 75miu follistim day 9 & 11 2mg estrogen day 10 & 11 10,000miu pregnyl trigger day 11 Iui day 12 with 22mm follicle Partner SPerm was 192mil prewash 88mill 85% motility post wash
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kimberly Carter)
Dr. Foulk’s team of ladies who took care of me are my angel heroes. I can’t put it in any other terms. These girls took care of me, gave me direction and motivation. They texted me after hours and celebrated each victory with me. The staff was never too busy for a question, a repeat blood draw (I had 12 in 20 days to check on levels) or adjusting meds. All my questions to Dr. Foulk’s NP, Kim Carter, we’re immediately directed to the doctor when he was out of state (he has a few clinics in the nation) and I had an answer in minutes in most cases. All lab results were provided within 4 hrs from blood draw (this is record timing). Just feel so lucky I experienced this with them.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
2 “weaknesses” 1. Front desk doesn’t always answer phone promptly (I think they’re phone system is being upgraded now). 2. Dr. Foulk is at practice only 1 week/month so if you HAVE to see the doc, it may be scheduled further out than you’d like. Strengths: Staff are compassionate and the most educated group of girls. Dr. Foulk is so up-to-date that I didn’t feel like “he could be doing more”. Availability from early morning hours which is convenient so you don’t have to take time from work or go after hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
~$1k per IUI Cash patient Insurance covered meds Injections were separate
Treated 2018 - 2019
For my initial visit with Dr. Foulk, be told us IVF as "anything else would be a waist of your time and money." It was completely overwhelming.... I wanted to put two embryos in and Dr. Foulk had no reservations about letting me do so, though he always stated that it was a high risk pregnancy. I am tall, so he did say that I had "plenty of space between my rib cage and hip bone and should be able to carry twins just fine."
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk met with my husband and I on our initial visit. I had all my records ready for him. He was very candid about our need to do IVF. That was pretty much our only option. He explained why and in terms we could understand. He sensed I was feeling overwhelmed (I'm guessing the tears gave it away) and he addressed that in our meeting. Looking back, I am so grateful he was candid and direct. When I had a multitude of questions, the nurse asked if I wanted to speak to Dr. Foulk on the phone. Seriously? Absolutely. I asked him all of my questions and he answered each one of them professionally and with clarity. During the procedures (egg retrieval and frozen embryo transfer) he was efficient and clear in explaining what was to happen which put me at ease.
You will have to wait for him initially. He is very booked and very busy. I called in January and the earliest appointment I could get with him would be March. But it was worth the wait!!!!
For my initial visit with Dr. Foulk, be told us IVF as "anything else would be a waist of your time and money." It was completely overwhelming. I'm thinking, "The most expensive and invasive approach?" And then HOW could we ever pay for this? I was then given a packet of information about IVF, a prescription (that would start my period) and the direction to set an appointment for a water ultrasound. Mind you, I had already paid over $1,000 for transvaginal ultrasound at the hospital. Couldn't they just use those results. I left with a serious of questions. So. Many. Questions. I was told, the nurse would be my friend through the entire process. I went home and after 3 times trying to call the clinic, the nurse FINALLY got back to me. I had an open conversation with her about how that wasn't going to fly with me. After that, she was MUCH better. I was frustrated because in the time I didn't hear back from the clinic, I wasn't able to start and then the Dr. was out of town for an entire month. It ended up being perfect timing in the end. But, initially, I was overwhelmed and felt like a number, but during that actually IVF cycle, things were much better!
I had to do baseline bloodwork and a water ultrasound. I found that my prolactin levels were high. The bromocriptine (parlodel) meds taken to lower that made me sick so the Dr. recommended I take them vaginally. I also needed a hysteroscopy to remove polyps on my uterus before I could start the IVF cycle. For the IVF cycle, after the baseline ultrasound, I took Gonal F and Menopur prior to the egg retrieval. Based on the growth of the leading follicle, my egg retrieval was two days later than what was on the initial calendar. I also took Cetrotide prior to the retrieval. For my partner, he took a z pack (as did I) a few weeks prior to the cycle and Cipro the day before egg retrieval. For the frozen embryo transfer, I took progesterone injection and suppositories daily and injections of estradiol twice a week until the 10 week mark when a graduated to a regular OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey)
Initially, I had a hard time getting anyone to call me back. I had to call three times and get upset before I had my questions answered prior to the IVF cycle. Once I was actually in motion to move towards IVF my phone calls and e-mails were returned promptly.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths - they have a grant you can apply for if you have a combined income that is less than a certain amount; I could do blood work at a different location (in Murray) closer to my home. I didn't have to go to Pleasant Grove for every blood draw and ultrasound. Weaknesses - the meeting with the financial specialist really wasn't much help at all in that they didn't have many promising resources for help; They may encourage based on scheduling that another Dr. do certain procedures. I had to be VERY clear that I wanted Dr. Foulk to do the hysteroscopy, egg retrieval and frozen embryo transfer. If they aren't communicating with you in a timely manner, say so!
IVF $8,715.00 Genetic Testing $1,050.00 IVF Meds $3,719.40 FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer $2,175.00 Hysteroscopy $491.90 Anesthesia $400.00
Treated 2017 - 2019
When you have an appointment with him [Dr. Foulk] ask a lot of questions, because you may not see him as often as you think. He’s also honest, so don’t expect sugar coating...We did a mock cycle, to make sure we had the best chance of sticking. It did turn out I needed more progesterone prior to transfer. Eventually we had our FET, unfortunately it also failed. After my failed IVF we met with dr Faulk again, and he explained that we unfortunately just had back luck with the embryo not sticking.
I always felt like I was in great hands with the PA and nurses [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine]. They were always friendly, informative, helpful and compassionate...IVF without meds and PGS was about $15k...They’re really great at being present with patients, easy to get in touch with and always helpful. They always communicated what was happening or what would happen next, easy to talk to about concerns and just overall compassionate. I’m not sure what weaknesses they have, I don’t think there’s anything I can think of right now!
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I love Dr. Faulk and think he’s overall a good Dr. for me. He was always honest and friendly. My only issue is that he also works in UT, so I didn’t see him as often. But I never worried about the care I was getting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
When you have an appointment with him ask a lot of questions, because you may not see him as often as you think. He’s also honest, so don’t expect sugar coating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He was always honest about what my outcome could be, and was a nice, thoughtful doctor.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The first 7 cycles I had were timed with clomid or Femera. I think I changed to Femara on the 4th month, it worked better with my body. After 7 cycles we moved to IUI, with femera. The 3rd cycle was cancelled due to having no follicles, or missing ovulation. I had 4 total. All my timed and IUI cycles failed, with no positive test. A few months later we started IVF, I don’t remember how much of each medication I took for any cycle. Our cycle only gave us one embryo. We did PGS testing, mostly because we decided to before the retrieval, thinking we’d have more than 1 day 6 embryo. It was normal. We did a mock cycle, to make sure we had the best chance of sticking. It did turn out I needed more progesterone prior to transfer. Eventually we had our FET, unfortunately it also failed. After my failed IVF we met with dr Faulk again, and he explained that we unfortunately just had back luck with the embryo not sticking. Which we understood. He also said I don’t have the best quality eggs, and the amount of medication we did was high for someone my age and size, should have had a better outcome. We did plan to do another round, with more medication and a different approach, but we have not yet done so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna )
They were amazing. Like I said, Dr. Faulk wasn’t always there, but I always felt like I was in great hands with the PA and nurses. They were always friendly, informative, helpful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
IVF without meds and PGS was about $15k. Each timed cycle and IUI was partially covered with insurance, Total was about $200 timed cycle and IUI’s
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We only had one embryo, so didn’t have a choice.
Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine
Reno
I definitely felt he [Dr. Foulk] reviewed our specifics carefully and looked to see what he could do to make a difference this time ... He took the time to explain his thinking and didn't push us into anything. He showed empathy and tried to do what he could to work around our schedule & budget. On cycle day he sat and talked with me after the procedure longer than necessary.
Recently billing has been less transparent and hidden charges have been billed but generally they are great ... Everyone [at Sher Fertility of LV] is well-organized, friendly, & attentive. It's easy to find and while you're there for treatment there's plenty to do in LV to keep your mind occupied. Pricing is generally transparent which is helpful and they are just so easy to work with.
Dr. Foulk's communication style & and the details and care given to us put us at ease even just over the phone before we met. In person he was just as caring and you didn't feel like he was rushing through his time with you. The only thing I didn't like is when we arrived for ERA biopsy it was with another doctor. But he did perform the egg retrieval and was great all along the way.oh also I ended up getting billed for extra charges outside cycle fee that we’re not previously discussed or disclosed to me. This didn’t happen with previous doctors at same clinic and was very frustrating. That still isn’t resolved.
Ask if he will be hands-on to do your procedures himself Ask about ALL charges as you go
He definitely took the time to review our case thoroughly before getting on the phone. He took the time to explain his thinking and didn't push us into anything. He showed empathy and tried to do what he could to work around our schedule & budget. On cycle day he sat and talked with me after the procedure longer than necessary. I could feel he cared about my experience and my comfort. He really makes you feel he cares about YOU and you’re in good hands. I’m so glad we tried one more cycle with him!
Protocol would be same as I had previously (Lupron based IVF) but with ERA to adjust transfer window accordingly. For the transfer he suggested adding Neupogen to help the uterus be receptive to the embryo since we've had trouble with implantation in the past. I definitely felt he reviewed our specifics carefully and looked to see what he could do to make a difference this time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kimberly for retrieval / Dayana for transfer)
Both nurses were very communicative, quick to respond, answered all of my questions, and just kind all along the way. They never got rattled when I got stressed out and asked for help out of stress. They were always available and helpful and compassionate. Both the nurses and Dr. Foulk were fantastic.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
It's a great clinic. Clean, comfortable, approachable. Everyone is well-organized, friendly, & attentive. It's easy to find and while you're there for treatment there's plenty to do in LV to keep your mind occupied. Pricing is generally transparent which is helpful and they are just so easy to work with. Recently billing has been less transparent and hidden charges have been billed but generally they are great
Approx $750 for ERA Transfer + $12000 for IVF cycle + $4000 for Transfer + 175 for fluid ultrasound + 100 for neupogen (before discounts he offered due to our situation)... plus medications of course
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
N/A - we only had 1 embryo to consider
Treated 2015 - 2019
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor [Dr. Foulk] was happy to let me transfer 2...has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried...After seeing another RE that didn’t listen or respect us, coming to Dr Foulk was a breath of fresh air. He immediately was able to diagnose me after 5 years of “unexplained infertility” and set a course of action to get us going in our treatments.
Scheduling the IUIs [at Utah Fertility Center] was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls... Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask as many questions as you’d like! Dr Foulk is so good to answer everything and work with you and your schedule.
Dr Foulk has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried.
We used birth control for 4 weeks and then started stims with Gonal F 300, adjusted up to 375 along with Menopur 75. Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mickelsen )
The nursing staff is generally pretty good. Some nurses are better than others so it’s easy to pick favorites. Lacey was always great to reach out and update my chart online, which was super helpful!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling the IUIs was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls.
IUIs were $850ish (not including meds) IVF was $8300 (not including meds) and $750 for cryopreservation of our remaining embryos.
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor was happy to let me transfer 2.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Foulk and his staff took the the time I needed and followed my desires during this whole process...was kind and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly but doesn’t forget the huge emotional side of all these treatments and appointments. While he works at several offices, he was always able to fit me in or call me after my check up appointments to go over results or how I was. He was willing to listen to my suggestions and questions during the treatments and made adjustments based on what I wanted or needed. He is amazing.
The nursing staff at this office [Utah Fertility Center] became like family to me. They were always kind and understanding. I felt welcome and at ease asking any questions I had...The clinic was organized and friendly. It was easy to get appointments scheduled and I never felt rushed or like an annoyance. The billing department was always friendly and helpful as well. I particularly liked the phlebotomists. They were kind and easy going and made the sometimes daily blood draws easier.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was kind and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly but doesn’t forget the huge emotional side of all these treatments and appointments. While he works at several offices, he was always able to fit me in or call me after my check up appointments to go over results or how I was. He was willing to listen to my suggestions and questions during the treatments and made adjustments based on what I wanted or needed. He is amazing.
Be actively involved in your process. Do the research and ask the questions you want. He is very open and understanding and you will feel better being a team as opposed to just a bystander.
Dr. Foulk and his staff took the the time I needed and followed my desires during this whole process. I felt like family and even considered working there because I loved the office so much. They cared about my emotional and physical well-being.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at this office became like family to me. They were always kind and understanding. I felt welcome and at ease asking any questions I had. They cried with me when we found no heartbeat, during my d and c they comforted me and helped me when I was super emotional. They would come out of their way to say hi when I had an appointment even if they weren’t seeing me that day. They knew me and not just my file or history.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Foulk always took time to answer all my questions, sometimes the same questions multiple times, either in person or on the phone. He always explained things in ways I could understand and was kind and upbeat. You can tell he loves what he does...did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times [at Utah Fertility Center] We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done...Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Fantastic doctor. Knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Foulk did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
Ask all your questions, don't hold back. If you think of more questions, let the nurses know and they will answer them or set up a time to talk with Dr. Foulk again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert and Lacey Mickelsen)
Danica and Lacey are both fantastic. They are kind and compassionate and always get me the answers I need even if it means asking the doctor and then getting back to me. They are both horrible to reach by phone, but Lacey is more than prompt in replying by email and Danica is usually pretty prompt via email too. They are incredible and love what they do, they're just very busy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weakness: The whole clinic is hard to reach by phone. Strengths: everyone I've ever interacted with genuinely enjoys their job, cares about their patients and is compassionate. The NP's are super knowledgeable and are really great at what they do. Their ultrasound equipment is nice and provides quality images. Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I was told my insurance wouldn't cover IVF. I was made to believe they had submitted the paperwork and it was denied. I called the insurance to contest the decision only to discover the insurance was never contacted. It was an oversight on the benefits person's part. She didn't know, and wasn't told, that I had switched insurance companies and now had coverage.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Foulk was a huge change from my two prior doctors...just his positivity and his knowledge where so reassuring. I actually have 1/2 an ovary and he went over the options, the risks and he listened to me and my concerns. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to work with him...We decided to use an egg donor because I have half an ovary and where it could have worked it was a lot of risk emotionally and physically for potentially no result. We did use an in-house donor. We did the donors stimulation, transferred after genetic testing and it was a perfect cycle.
We did use an in-house donor [at Utah Fertility Center]. We did the donors stimulation, transferred after genetic testing and it was a perfect cycle...The entire staff is amazing. The embryology team called and updated, they answered my questions and I felt like they really cared about my little embryos. The nurses where always kind and helpful, knowledgeable and well qualified and Tonya is that and more she is probably one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting...IVF is never cheap but I felt like the prices where more than reasonable and worth every penny.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk was a huge change from my two prior doctors just his positivity and his knowledge where so reassuring. I actually have 1/2 an ovary and he went over the options, the risks and he listened to me and my concerns. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to work with him and can’t wait to come back next year for more babies!
Ask questions. Just because they do this all day doesn’t mean you do so don’t be afraid or embarrassed they are there to help you and reassure you.
I am in the fertility industry but when it’s your own you have a million questions still and every one of them was answered. I got updates constantly and both my surrogate and myself where treated like family our entire cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our cycle was fast, the staff was amazing I really wouldn’t have changed a thing. The front desk can be a little hard to reach but if you have to leave a message don’t let that detour you they are so worth it. I came from California to see them and wouldn’t trust anyone else to handle my surrogates care or my own. Everyone is so nice it’s just such a warm environment you feel like family it’s so comforting to not feel like a number but like a real person. Even people I spoke to once or for the first time made me feel like we had been lifelong friends.
He gave us the risks of both and we made our decision which he completely respected.
Pleasant Grove
I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant. New Patient Advice
St. George is a satellite office [of Utah Fertility Center] so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.... Al of my care was facilitated through nursing staff. I worked with Megan and two other nurses. They were great. They listened to my concerns, responded promptly, were kind and compassionate and adjusted protocol as needed
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I only saw Dr. Foulk once. St George is a satellite office and he works at many different locations. We were extremely happy with our experience with him. He is so nice, he treated us with compassion and listened to our concerns around price. We were there to establish care for embryo donation and he gave us other options that, all though didn’t work, we felt good about trying. He’s a genuinely nice person and I am so thankful I was able to be his patient. I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant.
He is a busy man and depending on where you go you probably won’t see him at appointments
Dr. Foulk was the nicest Dr. I’ve encountered over our 5 years of dealing with infertility. He spoke to us like he knew us, he showed genuine concern about the cost of treatment and our best interests.
We initially wanted to move straight to donor embryos but he wanted to know why we weren’t dying with my eggs. We talked it out and agreed that I had a shot, i’d Gotten pregnant twice on clomid so he didn’t see why we couldn’t try again. Our concern was prove so we went with TI instead of IUI. We ended up doing letrozole and gonal-f with trigger and compounded progesterone suppositories, since I have PCOS getting me to ovulate should have done the trick. I responded slowly even with gonal f so the second round we did more gonal f and more letrozole, still responded slowly but my protocol was adjusted throughout the cycles to add more doses or higher doses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
St. George is a satellite office so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.
It’s $525 for monitoring, no additional charge for injectable monitoring. We didn’t do IUI but that was an addition $250 (it could be $225-$275 but I think it was $250) I got my progesterone from a compound pharmacy in st. George and it was $42 for 30. I had to have blood work done for a cyst and it was done at a hospital near by for $75.
St. George
I was so nervous as we went for our first appointment with Dr. Foulk. He was the third doctor I had seen over the years that I had been trying to conceive. I had sent in my medical records before our appointment and when we arrived I learned that he had taken the time to study our case before we came. We didn’t have to re-focus on all the sad details of our fertility journey so far. Since he had already done his research we were able to spend our first appointment discussing the plans moving into the future. He was very candid about our prognosis and explained all the details the very best. He was so understanding and kind. He made us feel very comfortable.
I love that Utah Fertility Clinic is involved in helping clients find the best financial solutions to help them afford their fertility treatments. They have a great patient portal that displays your diagnostic results, treatment plan, and bills which is user friendly. They are kind and friendly.... $8,300 for one round of IVF to the clinic and they estimate $3-8,000 for medications/anesthesia/blood work. They offer incentives if you use the Attain IVF program for paying for multiple cycles.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Send all of your medical records in beforehand so that all parties are ready to discuss treatment options.
Dr. Foulk is understanding about your personal experience with infertility and relates to the desire the couple has to become parents. He remembers your name and takes time to learn about you as a person and not just your medical history.
Dr. Foulk was able to thoroughly describe the effects my severe endometriosis has had on my reproductive system. He knew that my Fallopian tubes were unable to carry an egg into my uterus and that IVF will be the only way for pregnancy to occur. He has been so good and thorough at explaining the IVF treatment schedule.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
The nursing staff are prompt at returning my phone calls and emails. They seem highly educated on any question I ask. I am always impressed by their friendliness.
Treated 2015 - 2018
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of [Utah Fertility Ctr] is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk... They [nurses] were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we did our second IVF with Dr Foulk he tried something new with us. I was put on a Lupron shot for three months, and on vitamin supplements to help the quality of my eggs. We were very hopeful that that would help but when it came time to transfer the eggs they were not good. Dr Foulk was hopeful but I could tell that he felt bad that what we did did not help. He really does care. I do not feel that he just wants my money.
Don’t be afraid to do your research and ask Dr Foulk all the questions that you have. If you feel there is something you want to try ask Dr Foulk what he thinks.
He really cared about me and wanted to help me. I felt that he wanted to help us have a child just as much as we wanted one. I felt that he always listened to what my thoughts were.
Dr Foulk found that I had to cyst, one on each side which he diagnosed as endometriosis. We thought if we would suppress that that would help my eggs get the nutrients that they needed. So Dr Foulk put me on three months of Lupron shot and several vitamin supplements. The results were that it did not work for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day. They always provided good information on what my next step was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk
Because it was our second IVF cycle with Dr Foulk the procedure was $7980 the anesthesiologist was $400 cash and the medicine because I am older cost me $5500 .

Treated 2016 - 2018
He [Dr. Rusself Foulk] was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
It’s a warm atmosphere the office [Utah Fertility Center- St. George] when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.... He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.... I met her [a nurse] 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining and helping us come to a plan for us that would work with our schedule and what we wanted to do. We have only met him 2 times. Once in 2016 and now again this February 2018. We all decided to go with ivf and so I’m just barley beginning the process in the middle of birth control. I look forward to going through the procedures and I’m excited to grow our family. Dr Foulk was very personable and easy to talk to the 2 times we have met. I hope to see him more throughout the process.
Um that he’s very easy to talk to and ask questions.
He was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
I’m just starting so I haven’t really gotten to that point. I’m still in the middle of birth control pills. So I’m at the very very beginning. I have an upcoming water ultrasound and a calendar review tomorrow to go over what to expect and everything. We did decide to do embryo testing and find out which eggs would be best to transfer when I get to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
I met her 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t have a whole lot of information yet to really say much. It’s a warm atmosphere the office when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.
He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.
We did discuss this because we want to have twins hopefully. We went over the why’s and we all agreed on that plan as of now.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered.... I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC.... The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc.... our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is the sweetest man alive. He walks you through each step and makes sure you know EXACTLY what is going to happen next and why you are where you are. He will get to the bottom of why you're not conceiving on your own, and then he tells you but we will do it! I have full and complete faith in this man and his skill set. He knows what to do and is so compassionate. He has wonderful bedside manner and helps you get through some pretty rough times. I wouldn't go to another doctor if I had to. This man has our respect for life. We can't thank him enough.
Trust in him completely. He WILL make you a parent.
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered. He is kind and caring. I couldn't ask for more in a reproductive endocrinologist. He makes a not so fun situation very bearable and I have complete trust in him as my physician.
I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle. I had 50+ eggs retrieved so we figured it was going to happen. I am not sure what drugs I took. it they always made sure I had enough and helped me with costs etc. For this upcoming transfer I am taking estrogen Ijections twice a week, progesterone injections and suppositories the week of transfer anf also a z pak the week of transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica)
The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc. They go above and beyond for their patients. Always smiling and so willing to help.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC. EVERY single person from the front desk to the lab to the embryologist, nurses, doctor, phlebotomist... they are all Perfect. They are all there to help and are so kind and compassionate. They understand it's a tough thing to go through, and they do everything they can to help things go perfectly. I have had zero bad experiences or visits.
I don't remember the total for our retrieval etc. but our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
They helped us make the best decision. Our first was double embryo transfer, we had a singletons. We are transferring one this time around.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure.... I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments
I sometimes felt that the office staff [Utah Fertility Ctr] were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff.... There were a few times that my appointments got mixed up, or were in my calendar schedule but not in the computer. The finance office had some mixups and charged me when they shouldn’t have etc.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure. I always felt like he really cared about me as a person, and that he genuinely wanted to help my family to grow as much as I want it to grow. I appreciated his sense of confidence in the possibility of being able to carry my husband’s baby someday. It did sometimes make the road blocks and set backs hard to swallow, but he always met with us after a loss or bad news and helped encourage us to move forward and not give up. He made me want to keep trying and believe that it is possible, even when my mind and my body wanted to quit. He was also very clear about the risks or percentages of success. I appreciated how candid and experienced he is.
Be upfront about your concerns, your feelings, your wants- both personally and with the procedures etc. I should have expressed more openly how emotionally and mentally hard the medications and treatments were for me. I put on a brave face most of the time, and then I sometimes felt that it wasn’t understood how hard and strainful the whole process was, but then it occurred to me that I had never expressed that I was struggling as much as I was. I would also say decide with your spouse what it is that you guys can handle and are ready for, and be willing to speak up and do things on your timeline as well. I went through multiple rounds and had many road blocks and complications along the way and for a lot of it I just went along for the ride and did whatever I was told to do whenever I was told to do it. Eventually that wore on me, and I realized that I needed to communicate better about where I was personally and where we were as a couple so that we could adjust things to better meet our needs.
Every time that I met with Dr. Foulk he was very sincere, personable, and compassionate. I always felt important and cared for when I had visits/appointments with him. He answered all of mine and my husband’s questions, and I feel like he genuinely cared about us. I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments, but that’s normal. All of the nurses, NPs, and other providers in the office were great as well. Dr. Conway also did one of my ultrasounds and one of my surgeries and she was so kind, thorough, and I felt completely confident in her care. The medical staff explained procedures, answered my questions, and were compassionate each time I saw them. I did feel like sometimes some of the staff (office side more than the clinical staff) forgets how sensitive and tender this whole journey is and can be for individuals. I often felt like I fell through the cracks or got lost sometimes in communication between staff. There were a few different times that I had to contact my coordinator and have her help me sort out some of the confusion/ conflicting appointments, payments, or other issues. But my coordinator was great at always getting things straightened out and taken care of for me.
I’m not great at remembering all the details, especially in the very beginning, but we started with genetic testing for my husband. We were told he was sterile but Dr. Foulk thought otherwise and ran some genetic tests and did a physical assessment on my husband as well. Turns out he is not sterile but is a presenting carrier of cystic fibrosis so he presents as sterile. Dr Foulk did a surgery to retrieve my husband’s sperm and was successful. Then they began working on me with baseline ultrasounds, blood work, genetic tests, etc. I had polyps and ovarian cysts so Dr. Foulk performed a hysteroscopy and explained that it would remove the polyps and leave my uterus nice and smooth for implantation. We then started the medications and procedures for the egg retrieval. I don’t remember what medications I used for the retrieval or fresh transfer prep, (Gonal F was one of them) but will be doing another egg retrieval soon enough to help remind me. We did ultrasounds often to watch the progress and effectiveness of the medications I was taking to make sure my eggs were growing appropriately etc. We also did blood work often to monitor all my levels. While we were waiting on my genetic results we prepared for a fresh transfer, I did daily shots in my tummy, again I don’t remember the medication or doses. But the day before the fresh transfer was scheduled my genetic testing came back positive as a carrier for CF as well so we weren’t able to move forward with the fresh transfer and had to send the embryos for genetic screening. That took a few months, and after we got our embryos back from the genetic testing we prepared for a frozen transfer. For each of the frozen transfer cycles I was on active birth control pills, took 81mg baby aspirin daily, prenatal vitamins, and then injected .15 ml of estradiol valerate IM (glutes) each Tuesday and Friday evening, then about 2 weeks later I added 1 ml IM injections of progesterone in oil daily in the mornings. I did a z-pack the week before implantation, neupogin intravaginally (before two of the frozen transfers), and intralipid infusions and another hysteroscopy tonremove my polyps again, prior to my last frozen transfer. I am about to begin the same round of meds again for the ERA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
My coordinator is the absolute sweetest. She goes out of her way to make sure that I am taken care of and comfortable with all of the procedures etc. I did feel like sometimes there was a lapse in communication between us and the scheduling etc. But she always made sure to fix things promptly when I brought it to her attention or reached out to her with concerns.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I sometimes felt that the office staff were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff. I felt frustrated a few times by the lack of communication between staff, appointments not making it onto the schedules, or lack of financial communication that caused unnecessary stress and anxiety. Overall everyone is kind and helpful, just make sure you are following your own treatment plans, payments, etc. and stay on top of things on your end so you don’t fall through the cracks. I sometimes felt forgotten about, and some of that sentisitvity is likely from all of the medications I was taking. I kept going back because I love Dr. Foulk and Dr. Conway and I am confident that they know what they are doing. Towards the end of my treatments I felt like the staff got better and were warmer and more personable.
We did one egg retrieval and fresh transfer cycle for close to $10,000. Medications were additional. Hysteroscopy was around $500 plus $400 for anesthesia each time, and frozen transfers were about $3,000 plus medications. Genetic testing on the embryos was done at an external lab.
Dr Foulk was very clear about the risks of putting in multiple embryos etc, but he always let me and my husband decide what we felt best about after he educated us. He wasn’t pushy. We put two in each attempt until this last round when we only had one left.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
There were a few times that my appointments got mixed up, or were in my calendar schedule but not in the computer. The finance office had some mixups and charged me when they shouldn’t have etc. There was a lapse in communication with referring me to an outside office and I spent days calling back and forth to multiple people trying to figure things out. My genetic results prior to my first fresh transfer were significantly delayed due to some mechanical malfunction or another with the genetic testing outsource company, and that was a set back as we prepared for a fresh transfer since the results took so long, and in the end we weren’t able to do the fresh transfer. I was frustrated a variety of times by little details and I felt like I sometimes fell through the cracks or got lost in the shuffle. I did multiple cycles and towards the end I feel like it improved for sure, and people were more attentive and on top of things. Communication and clarity are important to me, and I feel there is definitely room for improvement in the communication department of the office.
Pleasant Grove
The staff [Utah Fertility Center] is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming... Megan always was on top of phone calls responding back to voicemails and emails. Explained everything in detail, handle ordering meds efficiently, over all very efficient and compassionate
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was very thorough through our whole process. Starting with removing a polyp, explaining all the testing done on the embryos example PG us. After our first failed transfer He looked into other options for us, he went above and beyond to make sure we did everything we could be for the next one. We did two Separate ERA tests to find out how receptive and when my uterus was receptive. Also did a Neupogen Injection prior to second transfer. Unfortunately just yesterday we were told the pregnancy test is negative
To trust him. He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Foulk and his entire staff treated us with such compassion and care. Never felt like just a number.
The protocol used was starting with estrogen injections, then progesterone injections, second transfer added extra day of progesterone injections because of being pre receptive. Once transfer happened started progesterone suppositories Nightly
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming
$14,000 for IVF cycle $3000 for donor Compensation $3000 for donor meds $2900 for each FET cycle My meds approx $2000 Ultrasounds and labs approx $2000
Because of the PGS testing he recommended one embryo transfer at a time
Treated 2016 - 2018
He [Dr. Foulk] is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
They’d [Utah Fertility Center] are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too. ... Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. ... She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
Endure and be patient with the process. . I have flown across states to see him and it is worth the time and effort !
They all knew my name and the nurse though busy, was reliable about returning calls. Sometimes it was later (6pm) but she would call! The office seemed to care and be working hard for their patients. I was never rushed around. They have always sought to find answers for me, whether quick questions about a drug or Dr. Foulk taking the time to really answer something thoughtfully and knowledgeably.
We only did an FET with Dr. Foulk (x2) but he was the only doctor I had positive pregnancy tests with (he is the third doctor I saw).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. Several times I met with Dr. Foulk and he set forward a plan and Chelsea was ready at the moment to enact it. She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They’d are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too.
I don’t remember exactly but an FET including medications was about $4000.
Pleasant Grove
Just be aware that you won’t see him [Dr. Russell Foulk] for every appointment due to him not always being in the state...He was not willing to transfer more than 2 at a time. He helped us decide to transfer 1 because of the quality of the embryo and told us that if the first transfer did not work, my husband and I could choose to transfer 2 the next time...He was very caring and worked to create a plan that was best for us. He told us what option he originally thought was best then during our exam he explained why he thought a change to the plan would be best for us.
The cost of IVF [at Utah Fertility Center] was $8,300. Medications cost me about $4000 and the cost for freezing embryos is $500 per year...The front staff was friendly but I didn’t think they worked hard to build a connection with the patients. The nurses, however did a great job of making you feel comfortable and answering any questions you had...Lacey [nurse] was very prompt with getting back to me if I called with questions. I always got calls about my blood results hours before I was expecting them. Very friendly and prompt
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He has a few different clinics so he is obviously not in the clinic I used all the time. Because of that his partners had to step in to help with some of my care. To me, this wasn’t an issue because I trusted everybody in his clinic to provide the same care that he did
Just be aware that you won’t see him for every appointment due to him not always being in the state
He started me on follostim, and Menopur for 10 days with ultrasounds to check progress starting on day 6. My follicles were looking really good so they had me start ganirellix each day. I was able to stop injections on day 9 because my follicles looked so good and each ultrasound (day 8 and 9 I had ultrasounds as well). I did my trigger the day before retrieval
Lacey was very prompt with getting back to me if I called with questions. I always got calls about my blood results hours before I was expecting them. Very friendly and prompt
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The cost of IVF was $8,300. Medications cost me about $4000 and the cost for freezing embryos is $500 per year.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Foulk] has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it...he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] answers questions via email and has given me great support...IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420...Clinic is clean and nicely decorated. It has a really welcoming feel. Everyone is friendly and look to be happy to be at work. They donated a full ivf grant to a local charity this year which is super generous. Rooms are inviting and bright. I never have to wait very long which I greatly appreciate.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He really is worth the wait to see him. There is a reason he is hard to get into, he is just that great. He has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
Trust in his plan and dont be afraid to ask questions. He is worth the wait to get into.
He spent a lot of time explaining to us what was wrong and how we go about fixing it. He gave us statistics. He kept us hopeful but was realistic at the same time. He didnt use medical speak and explained everything so anyone would understand. He met with us numerous times along our journey and even came in on a Sunday to do a consultation since he was booked out really far and we didnt want to delay our IUI cycle.
I started with an HSG test which found lots (50+) polyps and possible blocked tube. I did a saline ultrasound to confirm and get lining measured. I had my first surgery in May 2018. I took birth control before surgery and he adjusted my thyroid medication and added 2000 mg of metformin a day prior to surgery. Went in for another ultrasound after surgery about a month later and he found scar tissue and a couple more polyps. Scar tissue since my surgery was so drastic. Scheduled another surgery which was in August. After surgery I was put on a zpack and estradiol. Started ovaboost at the same time. My husband and I both added fish oil and COQ10. After 21 days of estrodiol started 10 days of progesterone to get to cycle day 1 of iui. IUI is with 5 days of clomid and injectables. Monitoring throughout and trigger shot cd16. Then progesterone suppositories at night and hopefully a BFP at the end. Fingers crossed since we are in the middle of this cycle. If it doesnt work we will jump into the next cycle back to back to avoid more polyps from growing. After 3 we will reassess if they dont work. Each cycle has a 20 percent chance of working.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica (coordinator))
When I was going through some cycle issues before my first surgery I had the same nurse and saw her almost every other day for 2 weeks. She was on top of my care and treatment and fit me in when needed. She was awesome. I have had numerous nurses since then which has been fine. I dont need the same nurse to do each ultrasound or bloodwork. They follow up by the end of the day and are great. Danica is the coordinator and has been wonderful. She answers questions via email and has given me great support.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My insurance covered diagnostic so they covered 90 percent of ultrasounds and my surgeries. I dont have a deductible. My first surgery was in a hospital and total out of pocket was $1,400. Each water ultrasound was $75 and the HSG was $100. Second surgery was $400 cash for the anesthesia (in office and he doesnt do insurance) the procedure was on insurance and I paid $275 out of pocket. IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420. Overall this year I have spent $4000 so far.
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr Foulk always had my best interest. I transferred two embryos one split so I ended up being pregnant with triplets. Unfortunately I lost my identical set and he was so caring and understanding how much our heartaches but kindly reminded us that we have one healthy baby. ... He never rushed through the visit. ... I ended up with a floating ovary so he had to make a incision in my uterus to get the eggs from my ovary.
I believe it was just lack of communication. My nurse forgot to call in one of my prescriptions. It didn’t affect my process. ... Overall the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is extremely clean and organized. Usually the front desk lady is friendly and helpful. The staff will make sure you understand the next steps and they’ll help in any way. They freeze your eggs right in that clinic everything is usually done in that clinic. ... They [nurses] overall did a decent job but it was always a bit of a challenge to get them to call you back.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He never rushed through the visit. He made sure you understand what everything meant and why he was doing what he was doing. He had amazing beside manners and always would make sure you felt comfortable and at ease with the process.
He knows what he is talking about and he makes sure every plan is suitable for you.
We had our retrieval in August of 2016. We were planning on a fresh cycle. Unfortunately I ended up with a floating ovary so he had to make a incision in my uterus to get the eggs from my ovary. So the plans changed for a frozen transfer the following month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
They overall did a decent job but it was always a bit of a challenge to get them to call you back.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is extremely clean and organized. Usually the front desk lady is friendly and helpful. The staff will make sure you understand the next steps and they’ll help in any way. They freeze your eggs right in that clinic everything is usually done in that clinic.
My insurance covered a good portion of my IVF but we still spent about 7,000 dollars out of pocket.
He wants to make sure you have the best chance to have a healthy baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I believe it was just lack of communication. My nurse forgot to call in one of my prescriptions. It didn’t affect my process. I called in and they got it fixed right away.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
[Utah Fertility Center- St. George] Would be nice to offer more tests in location. I had to travel four hours away for a water ultrasound and they don’t do IUI or monitoring on the weekends which, fertility has no schedule so there should be an oncall staff member.... $1,100.00 for everything for my first IUI and medications that had to be purchased outside the clinic. The IUI is like $400. Ultrasound is like $250. Sperm prep and wash and such.... I think to the clinic was $875 the rest was medication. My second on femera was $600 and included only the iui and one ultrasound
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
He is not in charge of scheduling or finances. You will need to talk to the office manager and financial department to get those details.
Called me by name, had reviewed my medical history. Asked me questions. Understood I have a medical background so talked straight to us.
Clomid to help stimulate the eggs and hcG trigger to more timely track Ovulation. Sperm wash and IUI due to male factor of low sperm count and poor mobility.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The st George office is a satilte office so there are two RN’s and an NP. Dr Foulk is in town once a month. The week I met with the doctor they were hiring new staff so it was a bit confusing. The schedule isn’t set so when you think you can go in for an IUI then you find out two days before the NP is working her other job so you have to drive four hours to their main office. Also the pricing isn’t explained well. I had to reach out to the main office manager because my voicemails were not being returned. In person they are great. Very kind.
Na
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Pricing and scheduling was not explained to me.
St. George
Dr. RusselFoulk biggest strengths are his expertise he has thrity years if experience and his generosity and explain everything very well. The only weakness is he is always really continuously busy....After talking with Dr, Foulk and explaining with endometriosis complications he immediately check my Follicles he recommended that we proceed with "artificial insemination". After trying 3 cycles of IUI, Dr. Foulk recommended that i do IVF.
The nurses at the office [Utah Fertility Center] where incredible. By the second time they all new my name and my situation. My only complaint is that the first time I tried to call on a weekend the website sent me to the Salt Lake City office. But after explaining my situation they directed me to some one in my location that could help me, and right after that the office gave me a 24 hour phone I could contact so the situation would never happen again.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
At first i was just working with my normal OB he was giving clomid which was not working, so when i went to see Dr. Foulk he was a fertility specialist he was very good at telling me what we were going to do from the day i went in he started right away he explained everything very well
Dr. Foulk was a very good doctor he always explained everything very well he is wanting to help me get the family i've always wanted
Doctor Foulk is a great doctor. While trying several different strategies with no success I finally decided to meet with a specialist. After talking with Dr, Foulk and explaining with endometriosis complications he immediately check my Follicles he recommended that we proceed with "artificial insemination". After trying 3 cycles of IUI, Dr. Foulk recommended that i do IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses at the office where incredible. By the second time they all new my name and my situation. My only complaint is that the first time I tried to call on a weekend the website sent me to the Salt Lake City office. But after explaining my situation they directed me to some one in my location that could help me, and right after that the office gave me a 24 hour phone I could contact so the situation would never happen again. Like I previously stated Dr. Foulk staff is amazing and its really hard to think of anything that has ever been really wrong with my experience.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The Clinic is located Newer part of St. George. When you walk in the environment is clean and inviting. Someone always welcomes you and directs you to a seat. If you have any paper work to fill out they bring it to you. I have never had a time when I felt like they where degrading, inappropriate, or neglecting to my needs. I have no complaints to the clinic's.

Treated 2016 - 2017
This clinic [Utah Fertility Center] has AMAZING staff. The doctors and nurses are so kind and really make you feel at home. Their one weakness I would point out is that they aren't great at answering their phones. The front desk will always answer, but most questions are directed to the nursing staff and it's really hard to get a hold of them. But I found that if I left a message, they always called me back. It just wasn't always as soon as I wanted
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was seriously amazing. He was so good at explaining our reason for infertility and he made it so simple and easy to understand. He is a kind and caring doctor-- he was never in a rush with us and would spend as much time as he needed to answer all of our questions. He was always positive and when a treatment didn't work, he would adjust it. He would always do something different. We never did the exact same thing twice with the 4 different treatments we went through with him (2 IUI's and 2 rounds of IVF). I can't recommend him enough. He and his wife struggled with infertility so he really understands on a deeper level what his patients are through. He was the best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is willing to answer whatever you need and he will spend the time with you! He is out of the office a lot at his other clinic- so utilize your time with him.
Dr. Foulk is so personable and he is willing to spend time with you and answer all of your questions. I never felt just like a number because he was never in a rush to answer my questions or address my concerns.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility so we started by doing IUI's with femara and a trigger shot. When 2 cycles failed we decided to move onto IVF. The first cycle was a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our second transfer was a frozen transfer and he added a neupogen wash which resulted in a positive pregnancy with twins! The neupogen is supposed to help with implantation- it makes your lining more receptive and "sticky" for the embryos. It definitely worked since both embryos took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young)
Our IVF coordinator Chelsee was amazing. She was so compassionate and was so delicate in delivering us bad news and so excited when she got to deliver us good news! The rest of the nursing staff was also great. We worked with a couple different nurses throughout all of our treatments and they were all so friendly and kind. It really felt like a family.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has AMAZING staff. The doctors and nurses are so kind and really make you feel at home. Their one weakness I would point out is that they aren't great at answering their phones. The front desk will always answer, but most questions are directed to the nursing staff and it's really hard to get a hold of them. But I found that if I left a message, they always called me back. It just wasn't always as soon as I wanted ;) But their staff makes up for it. I really wouldn't go anywhere else.
Our IUIs and 2 IVF cycles weren't covered by insurance. But most of the blood work and ultrasounds were. The IUI's ended up being around $800 each and the fresh IVF cycle was $9,600 plus medications and then the frozen cycle was $2,700 plus medications. They do have options for payment plans though.
Treated 2015 - 2017
He [Dr. Foulk] is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.... Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments.
Every single person on staff [Utah Fertility Center] was amazing. I felt so comfortable in such an uncomfortable situation. I felt comforted even when I was scared of what my future held because of the staff and my nurse. They always went above and beyond to make sure i knew what was going on.... Strengths: Made me feel comfortable, answered all my questions, clean, quick to see me... Weakness: When I called the front desk it sometimes took a day to get a call back.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.
Come knowing that you will be well taken care of and don’t be afraid to ask questions. He will explain everything your body is or isn’t doing so that you have the knowledge of what is going on. You’ll never be left in the dark about your fertility treatments.
I was treated like a human because they always made sure I understood exactly what was going on, I never felt embarrassed for asking questions, and they understood the fears I had during the whole infertility process.
Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments. Before we started any medications my husband had his sperm tested to get an idea of count/mobility. Once IUI’s did not work, there was no need to wait on IVF. Again, my husband delivered multiple samples to ease my worry of not having a good enough amount. The day of our egg retrieval, my husband delivered a fresh sample. Due to the low count and mobility we did ICSI so we didn’t waste a whole IVF cycle just to have the sperm not meet with my eggs. It resulted in having 6 embryos. We transferred two, with Dr. Foulk’s suggestion. He said we would have a higher chance to having at least one embryo stick. We did have one embryo stick which resulted in our healthy baby boy and 4 left to freeze for future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Baker )
Every single person on staff was amazing. I felt so comfortable in such an uncomfortable situation. I felt comforted even when I was scared of what my future held because of the staff and my nurse. They always went above and beyond to make sure i knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: Made me feel comfortable, answered all my questions, clean, quick to see me, never waited too long for my appointments. Weakness: When I called the front desk it sometimes took a day to get a call back.
One IVF cycle, including medications, ultrasounds, blood work, retrieval, and transfer was about $12,000.