5.1

UCSD
U. of California Irvine
UCSF

Russell Foulk works at

Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)

Las Vegas
5320 S. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-892-9696

Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine

Reno
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200

Treated 2016 - 2018
He [Dr. Rusself Foulk] was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
It’s a warm atmosphere the office [Utah Fertility Center- St. George] when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.... He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.... I met her [a nurse] 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining and helping us come to a plan for us that would work with our schedule and what we wanted to do. We have only met him 2 times. Once in 2016 and now again this February 2018. We all decided to go with ivf and so I’m just barley beginning the process in the middle of birth control. I look forward to going through the procedures and I’m excited to grow our family. Dr Foulk was very personable and easy to talk to the 2 times we have met. I hope to see him more throughout the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Um that he’s very easy to talk to and ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I’m just starting so I haven’t really gotten to that point. I’m still in the middle of birth control pills. So I’m at the very very beginning. I have an upcoming water ultrasound and a calendar review tomorrow to go over what to expect and everything. We did decide to do embryo testing and find out which eggs would be best to transfer when I get to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
I met her 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t have a whole lot of information yet to really say much. It’s a warm atmosphere the office when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
We did discuss this because we want to have twins hopefully. We went over the why’s and we all agreed on that plan as of now.
Treated 2015 - 2018
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of [Utah Fertility Ctr] is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk... They [nurses] were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we did our second IVF with Dr Foulk he tried something new with us. I was put on a Lupron shot for three months, and on vitamin supplements to help the quality of my eggs. We were very hopeful that that would help but when it came time to transfer the eggs they were not good. Dr Foulk was hopeful but I could tell that he felt bad that what we did did not help. He really does care. I do not feel that he just wants my money.
Don’t be afraid to do your research and ask Dr Foulk all the questions that you have. If you feel there is something you want to try ask Dr Foulk what he thinks.
He really cared about me and wanted to help me. I felt that he wanted to help us have a child just as much as we wanted one. I felt that he always listened to what my thoughts were.
Dr Foulk found that I had to cyst, one on each side which he diagnosed as endometriosis. We thought if we would suppress that that would help my eggs get the nutrients that they needed. So Dr Foulk put me on three months of Lupron shot and several vitamin supplements. The results were that it did not work for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day. They always provided good information on what my next step was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk
Because it was our second IVF cycle with Dr Foulk the procedure was $7980 the anesthesiologist was $400 cash and the medicine because I am older cost me $5500 .
Pleasant Grove
Dr. RusselFoulk biggest strengths are his expertise he has thrity years if experience and his generosity and explain everything very well. The only weakness is he is always really continuously busy....After talking with Dr, Foulk and explaining with endometriosis complications he immediately check my Follicles he recommended that we proceed with "artificial insemination". After trying 3 cycles of IUI, Dr. Foulk recommended that i do IVF.
The nurses at the office [Utah Fertility Center] where incredible. By the second time they all new my name and my situation. My only complaint is that the first time I tried to call on a weekend the website sent me to the Salt Lake City office. But after explaining my situation they directed me to some one in my location that could help me, and right after that the office gave me a 24 hour phone I could contact so the situation would never happen again.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
At first i was just working with my normal OB he was giving clomid which was not working, so when i went to see Dr. Foulk he was a fertility specialist he was very good at telling me what we were going to do from the day i went in he started right away he explained everything very well
Dr. Foulk was a very good doctor he always explained everything very well he is wanting to help me get the family i've always wanted
Doctor Foulk is a great doctor. While trying several different strategies with no success I finally decided to meet with a specialist. After talking with Dr, Foulk and explaining with endometriosis complications he immediately check my Follicles he recommended that we proceed with "artificial insemination". After trying 3 cycles of IUI, Dr. Foulk recommended that i do IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses at the office where incredible. By the second time they all new my name and my situation. My only complaint is that the first time I tried to call on a weekend the website sent me to the Salt Lake City office. But after explaining my situation they directed me to some one in my location that could help me, and right after that the office gave me a 24 hour phone I could contact so the situation would never happen again. Like I previously stated Dr. Foulk staff is amazing and its really hard to think of anything that has ever been really wrong with my experience.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The Clinic is located Newer part of St. George. When you walk in the environment is clean and inviting. Someone always welcomes you and directs you to a seat. If you have any paper work to fill out they bring it to you. I have never had a time when I felt like they where degrading, inappropriate, or neglecting to my needs. I have no complaints to the clinic's.
St. George
I’ve only completed iui with Dr. Foulk but his strategy was simple. I wasn’t growing follicles big enough on my own so I was placed on Femara to allow that to happen then we got the iui done. My body reacted well to the femara each time and all IUI’s went smoothly. Since the IUI’s did not work for me it was decided that something higher on the reproductive track could be causing this like my egg quality or somehow my tubes are blocked enough to not allow the egg to pass but will allow dye to pass through.
The St. George clinic [of Utah Fertility Center] was definitely smaller than I had imagined it being but it also made it feel more comfortable and that you wouldn’t fall through the cracks. I think with any clinic doing your own research on the fertility treatments can help you to ask the right questions.... The nursing staff was amazing in St. George and the same with the nurses in Pleasant Grove. They have all been so kind and compassionate and cheer you on every step of the way. I’ve had to bring my daughter with me to some visits and they interact and are so sweet with her as well.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we first met with Dr. Foulk he drew a diagram on a piece of paper explaining all the different areas that could cause infertility and what treatments could help us to know what could be causing the infertility if they didn’t work. I felt he was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. When the IUI treatments didn’t work for me he took the time to sit down with me again and review what happened and to look at what to do in the future without being pushy or wanting to skip to IVF he gave me options and listened to my concerns.
Dr. Foulk has always taken the time at each visit I’ve seen him to clearly explain what he is thinking with my treatment and the course of action. I felt he was very kind and personalized my visit to help me to eventually reach my goal.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The St. George clinic was definitely smaller than I had imagined it being but it also made it feel more comfortable and that you wouldn’t fall through the cracks. I think with any clinic doing your own research on the fertility treatments can help you to ask the right questions.
I honestly have amazing insurance that paid 50% of my fertility treatments and usually covered my labs. The most expensive medication I remember was $300.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I was given a prescription for a new medication to fill at my pharmacy. When I drove an hour home, none of the pharmacies would fill it saying that it didn’t exist in the normal market any more. When I called the clinic back one of the newer ladies didn’t know that it had to be mailed to me by a special pharmacy. It got figured out but I was stressed when no one would fill it.
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr Foulk always had my best interest. I transferred two embryos one split so I ended up being pregnant with triplets. Unfortunately I lost my identical set and he was so caring and understanding how much our heartaches but kindly reminded us that we have one healthy baby. ... He never rushed through the visit. ... I ended up with a floating ovary so he had to make a incision in my uterus to get the eggs from my ovary.
I believe it was just lack of communication. My nurse forgot to call in one of my prescriptions. It didn’t affect my process. ... Overall the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is extremely clean and organized. Usually the front desk lady is friendly and helpful. The staff will make sure you understand the next steps and they’ll help in any way. They freeze your eggs right in that clinic everything is usually done in that clinic. ... They [nurses] overall did a decent job but it was always a bit of a challenge to get them to call you back.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He never rushed through the visit. He made sure you understand what everything meant and why he was doing what he was doing. He had amazing beside manners and always would make sure you felt comfortable and at ease with the process.
He knows what he is talking about and he makes sure every plan is suitable for you.
We had our retrieval in August of 2016. We were planning on a fresh cycle. Unfortunately I ended up with a floating ovary so he had to make a incision in my uterus to get the eggs from my ovary. So the plans changed for a frozen transfer the following month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
They overall did a decent job but it was always a bit of a challenge to get them to call you back.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is extremely clean and organized. Usually the front desk lady is friendly and helpful. The staff will make sure you understand the next steps and they’ll help in any way. They freeze your eggs right in that clinic everything is usually done in that clinic.
My insurance covered a good portion of my IVF but we still spent about 7,000 dollars out of pocket.
He wants to make sure you have the best chance to have a healthy baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I believe it was just lack of communication. My nurse forgot to call in one of my prescriptions. It didn’t affect my process. I called in and they got it fixed right away.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
[Utah Fertility Center- St. George] Would be nice to offer more tests in location. I had to travel four hours away for a water ultrasound and they don’t do IUI or monitoring on the weekends which, fertility has no schedule so there should be an oncall staff member.... $1,100.00 for everything for my first IUI and medications that had to be purchased outside the clinic. The IUI is like $400. Ultrasound is like $250. Sperm prep and wash and such.... I think to the clinic was $875 the rest was medication. My second on femera was $600 and included only the iui and one ultrasound
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
He is not in charge of scheduling or finances. You will need to talk to the office manager and financial department to get those details.
Called me by name, had reviewed my medical history. Asked me questions. Understood I have a medical background so talked straight to us.
Clomid to help stimulate the eggs and hcG trigger to more timely track Ovulation. Sperm wash and IUI due to male factor of low sperm count and poor mobility.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The st George office is a satilte office so there are two RN’s and an NP. Dr Foulk is in town once a month. The week I met with the doctor they were hiring new staff so it was a bit confusing. The schedule isn’t set so when you think you can go in for an IUI then you find out two days before the NP is working her other job so you have to drive four hours to their main office. Also the pricing isn’t explained well. I had to reach out to the main office manager because my voicemails were not being returned. In person they are great. Very kind.
Na
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Pricing and scheduling was not explained to me.
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr. Foulk is well educated and you can tell he has dedicated his professional life to helping those struggling with infertility. However, I felt that he lacks the ability to make you feel important rather than just another number.... Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case.... HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her.
Strengths: They [Utah Fertility Center] are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try.... Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.... When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Always write down before you appointment any questions you have and make sure to asking everything and anything while he is there. As once he leaves the room you will not have the chance to speak with him until you fully into the process of your treatment and he comes into the room to do his part.
Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case. Expect one nurse specifically but at times was difficult to get a hold of her and would feel blocked by the other medical staff. When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude. The results were negative and she showed no empathy but treated me like I was just another task on her check list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her. She made you feel like she actual cared. As for the rest of the nursing staff and medical assistants my experience was never great with them. Some were rude and lacked any type of empathy for what the patients were going through. Most of the time I felt like they had no idea what was my course of treatment was or how to help answer questions. Couple times when I called in with concerns and the nurse I had requested to work with directly was out of the office and I had to work with someone else they made me feel like my concern were not valid and was wasting their by calling to ask about them. Every sonographer I worked with was great and I had no complaints with them. I like the nurse practitioners as well one of they even was able to relate as to what I was going through because she as well was going through infertility herself.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: They are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try. I have very difficult veins but was always fully confident in the techs. Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.
IVF cost for blood work, ultrasounds, anesthesia, retrieval, monitoring, and implantation was a little over $10,000.00 IUI cost $1,000.000

Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr Russell Foulk] was genuine and kind BUT very busy. I felt like part of an assembly line...I wish I was able to see him more often. He was really nice but I didn’t ever feel like I fully understood what was going on or the suggestions he made and I did t feel comfortable enough to ask further questions. I would go google everything after the appointments...I was doing a third round of IUI and his nurse practitioner did it, he said we probably should t have done it. I was frustrated that he wouldn’t have been involved in my procedures as a doctor and his nurse could have the day all. I’m paying lots of money for his care NOT the nurse practitioner.
Appointments [at Utah Fertility Center] always started a little late and then you would wait in the room for a while. Demand answers and advocate for yourself. Dr Faulk is caring but you rarely see him...I did not like his nurse practitioners. They didn’t help me feel understood, heard, or cared for...I was doing a third round of IUI and his nurse practitioner did it, he said we probably should t have done it. I was frustrated that he wouldn’t have been involved in my procedures as a doctor and his nurse could have the day all. I’m paying lots of money for his care NOT the nurse practitioner.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Demand more information and time.
He was genuine and kind BUT very busy. I felt like part of an assembly line. I did not like his nurse practitioners. They didn’t help me feel understood, heard, or cared for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
I always felt I left confused on my next steps. I would ask questions and never felt I got a full answer. My appointments always felt rushed. When things came back negative I got very sympathy. It was just on to the next.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Prepare to wait in the waiting for a bit. Appointments always started a little late and then you would wait in the room for a while. Demand answers and advocate for yourself. Dr Faulk is caring but you rarely see him.
Everything felt expense but my husband is still a student and I am a teacher. I can’t remember specifics. I do know it was more expensive than my current fertility clinic.
He was fine to do multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I had to call once to remind them to send in a prescription that was needed.
Treated 2015 - 2017
I really liked Dr. Foulk as a doctor and as a person. I really felt he cared about me. He is kind and compassionate and very smart. He always took time for my husband and I and always had a box of tissues he would hand me himself when the tears came rolling.... I did 4 cycles with him (1 fresh and 3 frozen) I had 3 resulting pregnancies and of these pregnancies 1 was stillborn at 20 weeks and the others were miscarriages.
I felt the clinic [Utah Fertility Center- PG] lacked organizational skills and the nurse practitioner I saw for ultrasounds was very judgmental and rude. She said some pretty offensive personal things about me. Also I had some complications that arose from embryo transfer and nobody saw the red flags that I was developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome… Which can be a life-threatening situation. I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I really liked Dr. Foulk as a doctor and as a person. I really felt he cared about me. He is kind and compassionate and very smart. He always took time for my husband and I and always had a box of tissues he would hand me himself when the tears came rolling. Although we didn’t ever get a live baby while working with him, I will say it was a pleasure working with him.
I would say he is great. I would trust him with my life. His staff on the other hand stands in the way of having a smooth and successful process as they drop the ball on details with medications and scheduling. I felt I had to babysit them all the time and call them to remind them to plan and schedule certain things for me since I got so used to the way things worked having gone through 4 different embryo transfers.
I felt like Dr Foulk himself was very warm and definitely treated me like a human. His staff on the other hand did not. They were very disorganized and missed a lot of important details. Also there was a lot of complications with them releasing my embryos in storage when we tried to switch doctors. They were reluctant to work with our new doctor in releasing the embryos to them and also caused some complications with delivery that may have altered the viability of the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
I remember her being very nice. However I did feel like I had to call and remind them of things coming up that I needed. I didn’t think I would have to coordinate my care coordinator.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I felt the clinic lacked organizational skills and the nurse practitioner I saw for ultrasounds was very judgmental and rude. She said some pretty offensive personal things about me. Also I had some complications that arose from embryo transfer and nobody saw the red flags that I was developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome… Which can be a life-threatening situation. I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded I be seei I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded to be seen. I had to rush me to the clinic up north for an emergency fluid draining of my abdomen because it had gotten so bad. I was really sick for a few months and had a lot of physical repercussions from it. After talking to other doctors I found out that this condition was completely preventable and should have been watched for with the number of eggs they saw growing in my ovaries. Nobody took any pre caution to stop it or treat it in advance.
They seemed reasonable and competitive with other doctors I had research
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve already discussed the situations in previous notations
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr. Foulk explained IVF in a simple and easy to understand way. He is kind and compassionate. He is humble and makes you feel comfortable like you’re talking witg a friend. He never made me feel dumb when I asked really basic questions.... Based on my age, history, and situation, we used an intense protocol for drug dosages. We also did ICSI with both cycles. My first IVF cycle resulted in 10 eggs with only 1 fertilized embryo doing ICSI. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. During my 2nd IVF cycle, my egg follicles took longer to grow to the right size than expected so Dr Foulk continued to let them grow until he felt comfortable retrieving.
I had my appts in St george and my retrieval’s in Pleasant Grove [part of the Utah Fertility Center]. Both office were in sync with everything I was doing. I was able to get in easily to every appt at my preferred times. The staff was so helpful and willing to talk to me about anything.... My nurse with my first IVF cycle was amazing - very organized and helpful, My nurse with my 2nd IVF (Heather) was very kind but a bit scattered and a difficult to follow.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t expect to go to an appointment and hear all about stats, success rates, etc. Some people want to know all of this while vetting a doctor but this is not his style.
i had met with 2 other infertility doctors prior to Dr Foulk. One did all sorts of testing and the other just for a consultation. Both focused heavily on statistics, their success rates, unlikelihood of my success based on my history and test results, etc. I was so discouraged after working with both of them so when I met with Dr Foulk, he was a breath of fresh air. He was so kind and explained things in a very simple way. He was optimistic but also realistic. He answered all my questions in a very easy to understand way. He discussed how we could easily deal with and overcome some issues that previous doctors were quite negative about handling. I left my consultation with Dr. Foulk feeling hopeful for the first time in many years of infertility and I felt like he truly cared about me and that we were worth a try even if it was unsuccessful. I felt like the other doctors left me with very little to no hope and didn’t like that I would most likely be a negative statistic for them. Dr. Foulk’s approach was completely different and was exactly what my husband and I needed.
Based on my age, history, and situation, we used an intense protocol for drug dosages. We also did ICSI with both cycles. My first IVF cycle resulted in 10 eggs with only 1 fertilized embryo doing ICSI. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. During my 2nd IVF cycle, my egg follicles took longer to grow to the right size than expected so Dr Foulk continued to let them grow until he felt comfortable retrieving. By the time they were retrieved, he felt my window of opportunity for a fresh cycle had passed. He retrieved 11 eggs and 2 fertilized on day 5 and 1 on day 6. They were all frozen and I did a frozen embryo transfer the next month with 2 embryos resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had my appts in St george and my retrieval’s in Pleasant Grove. Both office were in sync with everything I was doing. I was able to get in easily to every appt at my preferred times. The staff was so helpful and willing to talk to me about anything.
Overall with drugs, egg retrieval, and transfer i paid around $15k for each IVF. My fertility drug costs were high - I want to say close to $7500 for my 2nd IVF treatment.
Dr Foulk was clear about putting no more than 2 embryos in per cycle. He left it up to us to decide on the 2nd pregnancy what we wanted to do. I really liked his concern for my well being by not wanting more than 2 transferred vs doing whatever is takes to have a positive success rate.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Foulk is very knowledgeable and he knows his science. He is up to date on all of his research and know all of the ways to help you conceive. He makes sure that you and your SO are on the same page, that everything is understandable. He CARES about you. He also lightens the burden of infertility by respectfully joking around with you. He becomes a quick friend that helps you grow your family. I’ll never forget him saying he was thinking “sticky thoughts” for us after transferring two embryos that sweetly blessed our family and came into the world 38 weeks later.
She [the nurse at Utah Fertility Center-PG] became my instant friend! She gave me her extension so I could contact her directly with any questions or concerns. She would answer within a day and was so kind. She celebrated with me on the phone and was companionate with me in the hard times. I seriously consider the entire office my family.... The environment is clean and welcoming and everyone you meet is encouraging and rooting for you
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Enjoy the ride. Infertility is hard, but you’ve come to the right place. Be open and honest with him. Always make sure to ask questions, they’ll make sure to answer everything.
Dr Foulk was kind and he made you feel like he cared about you personally. He was detailed and straight forward with his information and diagnosis. His staff was friendly and kind, even when they have to share hard news.
Everything was very straight forward. They will give you forms or a calendar with specific directions on what you will be doing. It is very thorough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
She became my instant friend! She gave me her extension so I could contact her directly with any questions or concerns. She would answer within a day and was so kind. She celebrated with me on the phone and was companionate with me in the hard times. I seriously consider the entire office my family.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
While you may feel frustrated with the wait between labs and phone calls, or th fact that you may have to leave a message rather than talk to some one. You are in the best care in the valley. Just hold tight, you’ll get your answers. The environment is clean and welcoming and everyone you meet is encouraging and rooting for you.
It was around $1000 for an IUI cycle with my insurance. I believe it was around $8000 for IVF with medication being around $5000.
They will suggest the healthy amount but ultimately they leave it up to you. Within reason.

Treated 2016 - 2017
Very knowledgeable. Kind. Good bedside manner. [Dr. Foulk] Provided the possible reason for miscarriage and offered a resource to help the next go around. We were slightly confused why the treatment option to help egg quality wasn't mentioned before our first IVF attempt.... I started birth control and prenatal vitamins 6 weeks prior to retrieval, then we both started a z-pack to help prevent infection. I began 20 units of Lupron in the AM & PM 14 days prior to retrieval along with 1 mg of Dexamethasone.
The clinic was professional, organized and friendly. There were times I felt it to be a shuffle one woman in and shuffle her out for the next, but I feel that could be expected in a fertility clinic.... The cost for our IVF fresh cycle was $7,900. Medications were roughly $6,000.... [Nurse] Chelsea was wonderful. She was empathetic and helped us understand everything. She was organized and kept me organized. She responded to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable. Kind. Good bedside manner. Provided the possible reason for miscarriage and offered a resource to help the next go around. We were slightly confused why the treatment option to help egg quality wasn't mentioned before our first IVF attempt.
If dealing with endometriosis, ask what treatments can be done before IVF to help chances of conception and egg quality.
I started birth control and prenatal vitamins 6 weeks prior to retrieval, then we both started a z-pack to help prevent infection. I began 20 units of Lupron in the AM & PM 14 days prior to retrieval along with 1 mg of Dexamethasone. He added AM (225) & PM (150) Follistim and PM Menopur injections to my regimen 11 days before retrieval. I had my blood drawn 5 times before retrieval along with 5 ultra sounds to check egg growth. Ultrasound appointments were 2 1/2 hours away from my home and blood draws were an hour away. I had 21 measured eggs and he had me trigger one day early. He was able to retrieve 18 eggs. 5 made it through the fertilization process and only 3 were viable. All 3 were implanted as one of them had a 10% chance for implantation, another had 20% and another 40%. One ended up implanting, resulting in a HCG lab count. Sadly, I miscarried at 6 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea )
Chelsea was wonderful. She was empathetic and helped us understand everything. She was organized and kept me organized. She responded to emails and voicemails in a timely manner. When she called with high HCG levels indicating pregnancy, she was genuinely so excited for us.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had heard this was the clinic to go to. The clinic was professional, organized and friendly. There were times I felt it to be a shuffle one woman in and shuffle her out for the next, but I feel that could be expected in a fertility clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
I did not go to the Pleasant Grove clinic since I live in Idaho. I went to their Idaho Falls office for my ultrasound appointments. That clinic was wonderful and my tech was amazing. Very comforting and let me know everything she could about what was going on.
The cost for our IVF fresh cycle was $7,900. Medications were roughly $6,000.
I did not have the option of choosing how many eggs to implant. Out of the 3 I had left, none of them were very strong. 2 of the 3 were not expected to implant at all, and were implanted to let my body naturally "dispose" of them.
Treated 2015 - 2017
He [Dr. Foulk] is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.... Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments.
Every single person on staff [Utah Fertility Center] was amazing. I felt so comfortable in such an uncomfortable situation. I felt comforted even when I was scared of what my future held because of the staff and my nurse. They always went above and beyond to make sure i knew what was going on.... Strengths: Made me feel comfortable, answered all my questions, clean, quick to see me... Weakness: When I called the front desk it sometimes took a day to get a call back.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a very intelligent doctor. I always felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. I never questioned him on what medication, procedure, or treatment I was receiving because I knew I could trust him.
Come knowing that you will be well taken care of and don’t be afraid to ask questions. He will explain everything your body is or isn’t doing so that you have the knowledge of what is going on. You’ll never be left in the dark about your fertility treatments.
I was treated like a human because they always made sure I understood exactly what was going on, I never felt embarrassed for asking questions, and they understood the fears I had during the whole infertility process.
Dr. Foulk wanted to start off with IUI, when a couple rounds of clomid did not work. Each IUI round my husband delivered two samples on different days to ensure we would have enough. We delt with infertility on both sides, so due to low sperm count, Dr. Foulk made sure we could have enough for my IUI treatments. Before we started any medications my husband had his sperm tested to get an idea of count/mobility. Once IUI’s did not work, there was no need to wait on IVF. Again, my husband delivered multiple samples to ease my worry of not having a good enough amount. The day of our egg retrieval, my husband delivered a fresh sample. Due to the low count and mobility we did ICSI so we didn’t waste a whole IVF cycle just to have the sperm not meet with my eggs. It resulted in having 6 embryos. We transferred two, with Dr. Foulk’s suggestion. He said we would have a higher chance to having at least one embryo stick. We did have one embryo stick which resulted in our healthy baby boy and 4 left to freeze for future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Baker )
Every single person on staff was amazing. I felt so comfortable in such an uncomfortable situation. I felt comforted even when I was scared of what my future held because of the staff and my nurse. They always went above and beyond to make sure i knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: Made me feel comfortable, answered all my questions, clean, quick to see me, never waited too long for my appointments. Weakness: When I called the front desk it sometimes took a day to get a call back.
One IVF cycle, including medications, ultrasounds, blood work, retrieval, and transfer was about $12,000.
Treated 2017
Dr. Foulk was very personable with us. He was willing to answer all of my many questions. I'm sure I asked some of the same questions over and over again because I'd forget what he said last time, or wasn't completely coherent because of the drugs I was on. He's very systematic in his approach and I trust his opinion and his logic.... We felt like just after the consultation that he had a very good grasp on what might be wrong and how to go about combating it. He is gentle as possible during his examinations.
They're very organized and do a great job on keeping you informed with what your responsibilities are, what you need to do next, and what they're working on in your behalf. They call you after every visit to let you know if you need to continue your calendar as planned or if any changes need to be made.... The nurses [Utah Fertility Ctr] do a lot of the day to day stuff, but they report all of the results to Dr. Foulk every day and he's the one that makes the call on how to proceed from there. I saw a bunch of different nurses. I liked some more than others, but I did like them all.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very systematic in his approach. We felt like just after the consultation that he had a very good grasp on what might be wrong and how to go about combating it. He is gentle as possible during his examinations. He knows what he's doing. I can't recommend him enough.
Come organized. I came with a binder of all of our past test results and a chronological timeline of what we've already tried. I felt like I was able to save a lot of time, avoid redoing a lot of tests, and it helped him know right where to go from there because I came organized with what I've already done and had copies of the results that I'd requested and printed out from my other doctors.
Dr. Foulk was very personable with us. He was willing to answer all of my many questions. I'm sure I asked some of the same questions over and over again because I'd forget what he said last time, or wasn't completely coherent because of the drugs I was on. He's very systematic in his approach and I trust his opinion and his logic. He's definitely an expert in his field and if I ever need infertility treatments again, I would choose him over anyone else.
*Abdomen shots (every day for about 2 weeks): Gonal F (150) and Menopur (1 powder) (to grow eggs) *Cetrotide (to prevent ovulation...shot every day for about 6 days) *Human Growth Hormone (optional, but I strongly recommend it) (4 days-worth of shots, prior to egg retrieval) *5 days-ish before implantation a Neupogen wash (optional, but I strongly recommend it) *Trigger shots: Lupron and Pregnol *Suppositories: Endometrin (I forget how often and for how long) *Cipro for partner (one pill prior to semen collection) *Hardly move for 2 days after implantation) *Because I developed OHSS we had to postpone implantation for a couple of months, which caused me to use a frozen embryo, which resulted in needing to continue daily progesterone shots and suppositories until 10 weeks of pregnancy and Estradiol Valerate (.15ml) shots twice a week (until 10 weeks pregnant) *But I got pregnant for the first time ever in 15 years of trying and am now 6 months along with our baby girl and everything looks great!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses do a lot of the day to day stuff, but they report all of the results to Dr. Foulk every day and he's the one that makes the call on how to proceed from there. I saw a bunch of different nurses. I liked some more than others, but I did like them all. Some were more compassionate but maybe not as gentle and some were gentle, but not as overly compassionate (still nice, but just not AS personable as some of the others...just personality preferences). I like everyone I saw, some were just better at some aspects than others.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our insurance covered up to $10k of certain parts of the process (I'm not sure how much of that allowance we used....probably most of that). Beyond that, our out of pocket expenses for things that insurance didn't cover totaled between $5k-$6k. This included things such as co-pays, co-insurance, our share of the infertility drugs, drugs not covered, special foods I bought to help with the OHSS I developed, optional acupuncture treatments (about $500), Optional Human Growth Hormones ($1230), optional Neupogen wash ($307...and we ended up needing to do this twice because of the OHSS delaying our implantation).
He strongly recommends no more than 2 embryos because his success rates are so high. We implanted two large, healthy embryos, and one of them took.
Treated 2016 - 2017
After first meeting with Dr. Foulk, we were very hopeful and excited to get started! He did an ultra sound on me at our initial meeting to try and find the cause of our infertility. He was kind and professional.... Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
There are a lot of patients at the clinic, but they [Utah Fertility Ctr] always did their best to fit me in and work with my schedule....The staff were very friendly. Specifically in the St. George office, Heather made sure the office was spotless!... We were responsible to call the office and pay our bills; they did not call us. When asked what each appointment/procedure cost, we were refereed to the Pleasant Grove office. It is very clean and inviting.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Try to have the funds available to keep going after failed IUI cycles, but it's okay if you don't. Dr. Foulk stressed the importance of continuing to IVF right after failed IUI cycles. Unfortunately my husband and I didn't not have the funds to try IVF which makes us feel a little nervous to go back and be "one of those patients" who have to essentially start over with treatments.
Dr. Foulk came down to meet us for our initial appointment in St. George. He was very positive and explained/answered all options and questions that we had.
Our plan was to do three cycles of IUI and then move into OFF cycles. Dr. Foulk believed that the fertility issue was caused by PCOS or endometriosis. After the first cycle, they became suspicious that our infertility came from my husband. After two failed IUIs we were told a third cycle most likely wouldn't work and we should move towards IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather Johnson)
In the St. George office, we worked primarily with Heather. She did all of our appointments and IUI cycles. After each appointment, we had a different diagnosis which was a little confusing; however, she showed great empathy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There are a lot of patients at the clinic, but they always did their best to fit me in and work with my schedule. I only had to go to the Pleasant Grove office once. It is very clean and inviting. The staff were very friendly. Specifically in the St. George office, Heather made sure the office was spotless! They were in the process of moving to a different location during my visits.
We were responsible to call the office and pay our bills; they did not call us. When asked what each appointment/procedure cost, we were refereed to the Pleasant Grove office. The medicine was billed by an outside source. Our overall cost for our two IUI cycles and other tests done including medicine was approximately $4000 If I remember correctly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
At times, we had to call Heather to get results and ask what the next step was. We were often time confused with conflicting information that we were told. Don't be afraid to call and ask any questions that you have!
Treated 2017
Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times.... I met him once, and from then on we received care from a different nurse every time.... I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet.... We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger.
The nurses [Utah Fertility Center] are difficult to get in touch with, and when you reach them, you have to explain everything to them each time. They always struggled to understand my questions.... Scheduling for your first appointment takes a long time, but after that they are pretty good about getting you a good time for your follow-ups.... Also, the financial coordinator will not meet with you unless you are starting IVF. Other than that, the clinic was usually really great to work with, friendly, and provided a lot of good info upfront.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Although Dr. Foulk is friendly, he is also awkward and made me feel uncomfortable at times. At our first meeting, he pulled my gown off without telling me what he was doing and with no warning. He also quizzed me on my diagnosis and made me feel kind of stupid. I only met him one time, so my experience is limited. I felt like we weren't as important to him since we weren't doing IVF yet. We only went with him because he was the only doctor at the clinic who was covered with our insurance, but we will definitely be going with a different doctor for future treatments.
Ask a lot of questions.
We did our third IUI with Dr. Foulk, and we used 7.5mg letrozole and 150mg clomid, as well as 3 days of gonal-f. It was our first cycle with injectables. I had one follicle that grew to about 16.5mm, which they called a 17 and had me trigger. I then used vaginal progesterone suppositories for the remainder of the cycle. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses are difficult to get in touch with, and when you reach them, you have to explain everything to them each time. They always struggled to understand my questions. At my appointments, I saw a different nurse every time, so I didn't feel like there was one single person who knew me or my file really well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling for your first appointment takes a long time, but after that they are pretty good about getting you a good time for your follow-ups. We switched to this clinic for our 3rd IUI. Our previous clinic charged our insurance for all ultrasounds and blood draws, and we asked UFC if they could do that, and they said they were ethically opposed to doing it. When I told them that meant we would be going back to our old clinic for treatment, they said they could make it happen, and made a big deal about how they "never do that" and said we would have to remind them to bill our insurance at every appointment. It was kind of a hassle, and they made me feel really weird about it. Also, the financial coordinator will not meet with you unless you are starting IVF. Other than that, the clinic was usually really great to work with, friendly, and provided a lot of good info upfront.
We had them charge our insurance for ultrasounds, tests, & bloodwork for our IUI, so we paid $350 for our procedure.

Treated 2016 - 2017
This clinic [Utah Fertility Center] has AMAZING staff. The doctors and nurses are so kind and really make you feel at home. Their one weakness I would point out is that they aren't great at answering their phones. The front desk will always answer, but most questions are directed to the nursing staff and it's really hard to get a hold of them. But I found that if I left a message, they always called me back. It just wasn't always as soon as I wanted
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was seriously amazing. He was so good at explaining our reason for infertility and he made it so simple and easy to understand. He is a kind and caring doctor-- he was never in a rush with us and would spend as much time as he needed to answer all of our questions. He was always positive and when a treatment didn't work, he would adjust it. He would always do something different. We never did the exact same thing twice with the 4 different treatments we went through with him (2 IUI's and 2 rounds of IVF). I can't recommend him enough. He and his wife struggled with infertility so he really understands on a deeper level what his patients are through. He was the best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is willing to answer whatever you need and he will spend the time with you! He is out of the office a lot at his other clinic- so utilize your time with him.
Dr. Foulk is so personable and he is willing to spend time with you and answer all of your questions. I never felt just like a number because he was never in a rush to answer my questions or address my concerns.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility so we started by doing IUI's with femara and a trigger shot. When 2 cycles failed we decided to move onto IVF. The first cycle was a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our second transfer was a frozen transfer and he added a neupogen wash which resulted in a positive pregnancy with twins! The neupogen is supposed to help with implantation- it makes your lining more receptive and "sticky" for the embryos. It definitely worked since both embryos took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young)
Our IVF coordinator Chelsee was amazing. She was so compassionate and was so delicate in delivering us bad news and so excited when she got to deliver us good news! The rest of the nursing staff was also great. We worked with a couple different nurses throughout all of our treatments and they were all so friendly and kind. It really felt like a family.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has AMAZING staff. The doctors and nurses are so kind and really make you feel at home. Their one weakness I would point out is that they aren't great at answering their phones. The front desk will always answer, but most questions are directed to the nursing staff and it's really hard to get a hold of them. But I found that if I left a message, they always called me back. It just wasn't always as soon as I wanted ;) But their staff makes up for it. I really wouldn't go anywhere else.
Our IUIs and 2 IVF cycles weren't covered by insurance. But most of the blood work and ultrasounds were. The IUI's ended up being around $800 each and the fresh IVF cycle was $9,600 plus medications and then the frozen cycle was $2,700 plus medications. They do have options for payment plans though.
Treated 2017
Dr foulk was great he drew pictures and explained everything that needed to happen in order to get pregnant. I feel like he was thorough in exploring all the possibilities as far as running all the tests to figure out what was wrong. We were able to get all the tests done very quickly in order to move forward with treatment. We didn’t want to waste any time! He was honest about the course of treatment. He said if we did 3 iuis and weren’t pregnant it would be time to move on to ivf. I was grateful he was as anxious about getting us pregnant as we were! He seemed to genuinely care about his patients.
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] was really nice and quick to reply when I had a question...Ivf with icsi 9800$ + medication Iui were about 2000$ each...The nurses were professional and knew what they were doing. They were great at explaining what they were looking at on the ultrasounds. Phlebotomist were great. I felt like the communication was pretty good,you can always call even on weekends and holidays.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I personally felt like iuis are a waste of money. At least in our case. 3 iuis cost about 6000$. If you think ivf is a possibility I would save the money and just do ivf. It bypasses most of the problems.
Dr foulk was great, he explained exactly what needed to happen to get pregnant.
We did our first iui through a dr office and had Utah fertility wash and prepare the sperm. It was then that we found out about our low sperm count. After that we met with dr foulk. He was able to see our sperm sample and mentioned that it was a possibly we would have to do ivf but that we could try a few more iuis. He gave us a list of some supplements to improve sperm so we tried them for a month. We did all the tests on me to make sure my tubs were good. Uterus looked good and hormones were good. So we tried our second iui. We had comparable sperm as the first time. It failed and the next month we did another iui with even worse Sperm count. At that point we decided we didn’t want to waste any more money doing iuis and scheduled a follow up appointment with dr foulk. He said we could try ivf right away so we did. I wish dr foulk would have told us after seeing our first sperm sample not to bother with iuis. Statistically our chances of iui working were not good. And I felt like it was a waste of time and money. So on to ivf we went. We have amazing results. We ended up with 9 embryos that made it to Day 5. We implanted 1 at the recommendation of dr foulk and it worked we were pregnant with our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember her name)
She was really nice and quick to reply when I had a question. My first calendar had different prescriptions on it then the ones that were ordered for me so I was very confused,so she made me a new calendar with the names of the prescriptions I was given.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Everything at the clinic seemed to run smoothly. Appointments were always easy to make (except the initial consult with the dr we wanted) and were on time. It did take a few months so schedule with the dr we wanted so don’t wait to schedule. The nurses were professional and knew what they were doing. They were great at explaining what they were looking at on the ultrasounds. Phlebotomist were great. I felt like the communication was pretty good,you can always call even on weekends and holidays.
Ivf with icsi 9800$ + medication Iui were about 2000$ each They billed insurance for all tests so I wasn’t charged for those
Dr foulk said we could transfer 1 or 2 embryos it was up to us. But he did advise us that transferring 2 ups your chance of multiples and also the risks that come with a multiple pregnancy. He also said it didn’t double your chance of it taking. It only raises it by 3% in our case
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
They forgot to order some medication I needed for after my ivf cycle. They were able to call and get it to me before i needed it though.
Treated 2017
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator... After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's.
UFC has two locations, Murray and Pleasant Grove. Getting appointments was easy, they were flexible with changes, and helpful in showing me how to do injections. Lots of nurses had done IVF themselves.... The nursing staff was great at UFC. They were slow to respond to any phone calls or emails, but they were compassionate and ordered meds in an urgent emergency for me when I needed them the next day.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk was very knowledgable and explained all options to me. I never doubted his experience and knowledge levels. I did not see him for regular appointments, just the egg retrieval and transfer. He communicated through my IVf coordinator, and they were good at communicating (very slow at times, but always answered my questions.)
I wish I would have gone to him right off the bat, instead of waiting until he was my third doctor. He gets in and out and gets you the best treatment quickly. He adjusts course when needed. He doesn't give unrealistic hope, too - which I liked. He was reasonable and real with his explanations.
Staff and Nurses were very helpful and nice. They did their best to communicate with me via phone, and my IVF coordinator was very kind and reassuring.
I had endometriosis, so he suspected a blocked tube at first. He wanted to try 3 IUI's to isolate the tubes and make sure they weren't the problem before moving on to IVF. After our first failed IUI, I had a gut feeling that IUI's were a waste of time, so I met with him and told him how I felt about IUI's. HE listened to me, and said "Let's try something more agressive then. Let's start IVF". We did IVF, found out my egg quality was poor, and he said he was glad we didn't waste time doing IUI's. He said I was right with my gut feeling. We planned to do a frozen cycle with PGS originally with IVF, but my egg quality was so poor, that our only option was the use the only 2 decent embryos (that were fragmenting and not going to make it one more day int he lab unless we transferred them that day) so we changed course and did a fresh transfer. He adjusted course, and we got one embryo to stick. Now I am 18 weeks pregnant with one baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mikkelson)
The nursing staff was great at UFC. They were slow to respond to any phone calls or emails, but they were compassionate and ordered meds in an urgent emergency for me when I needed them the next day. They were overall helpful and great.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC has two locations, Murray and Pleasant Grove. Getting appointments was easy, they were flexible with changes, and helpful in showing me how to do injections. Lots of nurses had done IVF themselves. The only weakness is that their communication is slow and delayed. They do an excellent job in everything else.
It was around 18k for a frozen PGS cycle not including medications and ultrasounds. We opted for a fresh cycle last minute, and had maybe 1,000 left over in credit. I still haven't been mailed a check with our refund because they are waiting on insurance claims, etc. (3 months later)
Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed...He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had...He's really nice...When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
The staff [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back...They [nurses] all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them... It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He explained what he would do and the success rates, cost, and answered any questions we had. If I had a weird period he wanted me to tell him about it and he would find out why it was weird. He seemed to care about his patients. He seemed honest and everyone helped us with our journey to concieve but each iui failed. Our last iui my job was closing and we were going to be moved to a different job. I knew our hours would be less and I wouldn't be able to afford another one. When it didn't take Dr. Foulk wanted to do ivf but since I was barely working I didn't have the money and we were putting our iuis on a credit card. So we stopped there and haven't been able to afford ivf.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He's really nice. I liked his team.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
They were really nice there and caring nurses and doctors. They always said hi and asked how we were.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Iui with Clomid. I had to take Clomid for 5 days right starting on day 3 or 4 of my cycle. Then they would insert my husband's washed sperm and give an hsg shot. I had to insert progesterone suppositories for 14 days . Starting the night the sperm was inserted.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They all cared. They were nice and helpful in any questions I had about the meds and when to take them.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff was very nice and listened to our concerns and questions. The only thing we didn't like was when you called you always had to leave a message and they'd call you back. They did have one lady who had an accent and she was hard to understand.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We paid after each appointment when we checked out. My insurance didn't cover any of our luis so we put it all on a credit card. My insurance did cover a pap smear and the procedure to see if my tubes were blocked. It cost $250.00 for an ultrasound of my tubes and uterus to find eggs after I took Clomid and then $500.00 for each iui. Medication cost around $200.00. And they charged $15.00 to administer shot before iui. I had a pregnancy test at lab Corp 14 days after each iui that my insurance covered a little of. I think I paid around $50.00 for each test.
Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine
Reno
Treated 2016
Dr foulk was very knowledgeable about treatments and diagnosis, he had an upbeat personality but knew when to be serious about risks. Only thing I would change is touching base with him personally throughout my cycles... In my IVF cycle we used a freeze all cycle due to high AMH level. We used frozen transfer to prevent possible OHSS. Outcome was a healthy self going into my transfer and resulted in my twin pregnancy
Clinic [Utah Fertility Center] was very clean and organized. They made sure to make sure things were comfortable and calm. Downfall about the clinic is scheduling was sometimes not correct as in arriving for the appointment that someone forgot to imput in the system... My IVF coordinator was very responsive to my emails and calls. Also she took the time to describe everything to me at all times... The costs for our treatment was pretty normal for other clinics...
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Listen to the advice he has concerning your cycle, he is very knowledgeable about different approaches.
Dr foulk took the time to get to know our particular situation and also had meeting with his coordinators specifically concerning our cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clinic was very clean and organized. They made sure to make sure things were comfortable and calm. Downfall about the clinic is scheduling was sometimes not correct as in arriving for the appointment that someone forgot to imput in the system
The costs for our treatment was pretty normal for other clinics and other doctors I have heard of. Also the costs were cut down and specific
Dr foulk was supportive in my decision to transfer multiple embryros, but made sure we understood the risks and possibilities of multiple embryo transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Had scheduled appointment for a previous IUI with another doctor in the clinic and they had no record of our appointment on that day which was a concern due to the time sensitive procedure that IUI is
Treated 2016
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.... All 3 IUI cycles I took Femara. First IVF cycle we used Menopur (1 powder), Follistim (225 AM, 150 PM), and Lupron 40 units (20AM/PM). I produced 8 eggs, and by day 5 only had 2 embryos and did a day 5 fresh transfer. Second IVF cycle I was on the Depo-Lupron (medicated menopause) for 3 months previous to the start of our IVF cycle. I was then put on 2mg of Estrace before starting IVF because my ovaries needed to wake up. Menopur (1 powder), Gonal-f (225 AM, 150 PM). I produced 6 eggs (was hoping for a better outcome due to low ovarian reserve) and by day 3 had 2 embryos. We ended up doing a day 3 fresh transfer.
My IVF nurse [at Utah Fertility Center] was wonderful! Very caring and helpful. Though sometimes hard to reach. Nursing staff were always cheerful and tried to remain positive when hearing bad news (negative pregnancy tests). Though they sometimes returned phone calls too late in the day.... With test results - they never gave me my numbers for estrogen during IVF. They also never (to my knowledge) checked progesterone levels. I also had to ask how many follicles I had and the size range each and every visit. They also don't have early morning appointments (before 8am) for those that can't take work off.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Even though I expected him to be a knowledgeable RE, I still had to be my own advocate and ask for tests and medications used. I was disappointed when I came to my first IUI to find that he wasn't going to perform my IUI and had another perform it.
He gave us direction, when both of us are very indecisive. He seemed like he cared and explained treatments and diagnosis on a level we understood.
My IVF nurse was wonderful! Very caring and helpful. Though sometimes hard to reach. Nursing staff were always cheerful and tried to remain positive when hearing bad news (negative pregnancy tests). Though they sometimes returned phone calls too late in the day. I had one time where I was getting a rash/breakout from the PIO injections and I called and no one returned my phone call in a timely manner and I was worried so I ended up going into the clinic for them to check out the rash. I'm not sure what they would've told me if I had waited to hear from them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The cycle fee with insurance was $9,000 for IVF #1, I paid $3,000 deposit. Does not include medication. The self pay fee ($7,900) + ICSI ($1,700) was $9,600 for IVF #2. This does not include medications.
Due to the quality of my eggs and the quality of the embryos we ended up transferring 2 embryos each time to boost our chances of having 1 of those embryos stick.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Getting ready for my second IVF cycle they forgot to call in my prescription for my medication. Thankfully I got it in time to start, but that was a little stressful.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Foulk was awesome. He really put me at ease during my procedures and was incredibly kind and knowledgeable. He knew exactly why the miscarriage happened and was able to give me hope about what comes next...We did gonal-f and menopur, it seemed to work great and I didn't have many negative side effects. I was so happy with how many eggs/embryos we got...You might not see him for every appointment but he's there for the big stuff and that's what matters.
It's like the night nurse [at Utah Fertility Center] and the other nurses and my IVF coordinator weren't talking to each other or putting notes about what was happening on my chart. It was a surprise to everyone every time they called that I was bleeding so much. They also would be cheerful and say how are you doing when they would call...Some sensitivity training there is needed I think...And just communication, I felt like a number because it felt like this huge serious thing that was happening, they weren't even talking to each other about it...They aren't very good at returning calls promptly. Almost all of my results were given after business hours. I also wish they wouldn't allow children/babies in the waiting area.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Trust him. You might not see him for every appointment but he's there for the big stuff and that's what matters.
I felt like a human up until after my transfer. I started bleeding heavily 8dpt. I called the night nurse and she called me back early in the morning and had me come in two days early to do my beta. It was positive but low (63). This is when I became a number. Like I said, I was bleeding heavily. The heaviest pad wouldnt cover it, I was using depends and changing about every hour so they wouldn't overflow. It's like the night nurse and the other nurses and my IVF coordinator weren't talking to each other or putting notes about what was happening on my chart. It was a surprise to everyone every time they called that I was bleeding so much. They also would be cheerful and say how are you doing when they would call. I'm doing terrible and it feels like I'm bleeding to death and can't take ibuprofen or use a heating pad. Some sensitivity training there is needed I think. And just communication, I felt like a number because it felt like this huge serious thing that was happening, they weren't even talking to each other about it. So I must not matter very much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Some of them were great! There is one phlebotomist I don't like very much. I need them to use a blood pressure cuff because I bruise really bad with the band. Two of them were totally fine with it but one would always roll her eyes and huff and be annoyed with me. I also described earlier my problems with them talking to each other about my bleeding. I really loved the nurse that was there for my transfer, she was really sweet.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They aren't very good at returning calls promptly. Almost all of my results were given after business hours. I also wish they wouldn't allow children/babies in the waiting area. It's really hard to see them there in your most vulnerable state. It was incredibly hard to go in for my beta, bleeding severely and have multiple women with babies in the waiting room.
The cycle fee was $7,900. Icsi was $2,000. The drugs were $8,000 but with compassionate care they were $2,000. All in we spent around $15,000
He said it was up to us. But he did recommend we did two to increase our odds. I'm glad we did two because I think if we had done one and it didn't work I would have blamed myself.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
It was mostly what I've described before with not talking to each other or me when I was bleeding so much. We also had them charge us twice for my husband's sperm analysis when it should have been included in the cycle fee.

Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] found that my damaged fallopian tubes were full of fluid and opted not to transfer our embryos until he removed my tubes... My surgery went really well. Ive had several abdominal surgeries and laparoscopies due to my endometriosis, and had the LEAST amount of issues, scarring, and pain during recovery with HIS surgery...You cant even see the scars!!... A few months later, I started injections for frozen embryo transfer prep, transferred 2 strong solid embryos, and 8 months later gave birth to the most beautiful twin baby boy and girl youve ever seen in my life!!! I am excited and SO hopeful to see Dr Foulk for all future frozen transfers!!
They [Utah Fertility Center] are incredibly prompt at returning phone calls and messages! They were all friendly, direct, professional, upfront, and compassionate! The only thing is sometimes the wait time was long, but that was a small price to pay for such immaculate service every where else in the clinic!!...The financial assistance lady helped me understand all my options and gave me hope in the most dire financial situation. Even the girl who scheduled my very first consult was exceedingly helpful!!! They are the best clinic ever, I seriously wish they could treat me for EVERYTHING (all non fertility related ailments) because they are absolutely remarkable!!
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
We had such a fantastic experience with Dr Foulk, I will never refer anyone to ANYONE else but him! He gave us hope in a scary situation, he always calmed my troubled nerves, he was straightforward yet kind if he had to give bad news, but always followed up with reassurance. I wish he could be my Dr for EVERYTHING because he really is the best!!!
Dont give up, keep fighting, and let him do his thing!
Dr Foulk is the most soft spoken and reassuring physician I have EVER been to! Infertility is agonizing and he was excellent at calming my nerves and giving me solid and justifiable hope in my situation. He was incredibly understandable, warm, and explained ecerything in terms I could understand. I appreviated him breaking everything down for me, it made this giant jagged pill I was handed easier to swallow. He really is the best!
When we first saw Dr Foulk, we already knew IVF was our ONLY option for conception, as my stage 4 endometriosis had destroyed my fallopian tubes. We started with baseline testing, in my saline ULSn they found a polyp which he removed prior to continuing treatment. Then we started injections to prep for egg retrieval, then I went in for my fresh embryo transfer. He found that my damaged fallopian tubes were full of fluid and opted not to transfer our embryos until he removed my tubes. If we would have trasferred the embryos in that situation, all that fluid would have washed the embryos out and they would have been wasted. It was hard to have to forgo another surgery, but I was so incredibly grateful that he caught that so we didnt waste precious embryos! My surgery went really well. Ive had several abdominal surgeries and laparoscopies due to my endometriosis, and had the LEAST amount of issues, scarring, and pain during recovery with HIS surgery. You cant even see the scars!! He is truely incredible at ehat he does, I will never go to anyone else for duture endo surgeries! A few months later, I started injections for frozen embryo transfer prep, transferred 2 strong solid embryos, and 8 months later gave birth to the most beautiful twin baby boy and girl youve ever seen in my life!!! I am excited and SO hopeful to see Dr Foulk for all future frozen transfers!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan and Chelsea)
Morgan and Chelsea were absolutley amazing at their jobs! I was so overwhelmed at my plan of care appointment, but I knew I could call any time and have all my questions answered promptly! There was a mix up with my retrieval meds and I didn't get them in time prior to starting and Morgan was able to get me the meds that I needed to hold me over until mine came. I super appreciated this because I was terrified my cycle would get pushed out further but she totally prevented further agonizing waiting! We LOVED our uls techs, ESPECIALLY Lindsey Clements!!! She always had such a great happy attitude, she made me laugh, and made having a transvag uls every day for 8 days straight not so terrible! She was there when I had my transfer, and the one to tell us we were having twins! She will always be considered a friend!! The girls in the lab were incredibly good "sticks" (I hardly felt a thing each time I was poked!) The financial assistance lady helped me understand all my options and gave me hope in the most dire financial situation. Even the girl who scheduled my very first consult was exceedingly helpful!!! They are the best clinic ever, I seriously wish they could treat me for EVERYTHING (all non fertility related ailments) because they are absolutely remarkable!!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are incredibly prompt at returning phone calls and messages! They were all friendly, direct, professional, upfront, and compassionate! The only thing is sometimes the wait time was long, but that was a small price to pay for such immaculate service every where else in the clinic!!
We applied for an Attain program as that was our only option for funding. It was around $20,000 for everything but would cover 2 retrievals and unlimited frozen embryo transfers if we didnt take a baby home right away. And totally worth it for piece of mind. This is not the clinics fault, but I think more infertility services should be covered by insurance!!!!
Dr Foulk let us choose how many embryos (either 1 or 2) we could transfer. He notified us about the risks and benefits of implanting 1 vs 2, and again, filled us with great hope and reassurance with either number we chose.
Treated 2015 - 2016
When I had a miscarriage Dr Faulk talked to me and gave me a lot of closure. I had gotten pregnant with triplets and he said 50% of triplets miscarry. During one sonogram the nurse asked how i was doing and i said good. She said how do you really feel and so I told her I was having side effects of the drugs and she gave me medication to help with the side effect. After my miscarriage and talking to the nurse on the phone she asked how I was doing and talked to me about how hard miscarriages are. Dr Faulk also is very kind and explains everything he is doing when doing the egg implantation and other appointments.
He [Dr Foulk] is worth the 6-8 week wait to get into but I haven't heard anything bad about the other two doctors in the office [Utah Fertility Center]....The office is clean and I only had to wait more the 15 minutes once and it was on a Saturday when they were short staffed. When I left a message I always got a call back and the after hours nurses were always helpful when I had a question. I can't think of any weaknesses.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
On our first visit Dr Faulk explained the procedure and each step of treatment. I did 3 rounds of timed intercourse with shots and I got pregnant on my 2nd round but miscarried triplets. I had to go in because I didn't miscarry all the way and he told me the options of D&C or medication. I asked what he suggested and he was honest and said D&C because it is a faster recovery but informed me it would cost more. I ended up doing the D&C and am glad I did it. My 3rd round of timed intercourse with shots I ended up with 4 eggs on my right side and I had gotten pregnant with triplets with 3 eggs so they cancelled my round. Dr. Faulk had me come in and talked to me after canceling the round and told me I could keep trying the shots alone but i will probably keep producing too many eggs. He suggested IVF and we followed his suggestion. My egg retrieval went smooth. I had 60 eggs which was a lot hand had chances of OHSS but was informed what to do to avoid it and was fine to do embryo transfer on day 5.
He is worth the 6-8 week wait to get into but I haven't heard anything bad about the other two doctors in the office.
for Timed intercourse with shots I did 5 days of clomid then 10-12 days of Bravelle or Gonel-F. I started at 75 IU and they would move me up to 150 the last 4-5 days. Thank I would do the trigger shot and have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after the shot. For IVF i did 75IU of Menopur at the same time i also did the following of Gonel-F225 IU for the first 3 days and then went down to 150 IU for 5 days. The last day i did 75 IU of Gonel-F and no Menopur. The last 3 days of shots I also took Ganirelix. I did half a dose of the trigger shot and had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. So I did the shot at 10:00pm on Friday and had my egg retrieval at 10AM on Sunday. The following Friday I had 2 Embryos Implanted and they had me take a valium 30 minutes before the implant. I then had 2 "princess days" where I had to take it easy and to not do anything stressful (no cooking, cleaning, working). I just watched movies an napped. I had blood work done to test beta 10 days later and my beta was 342. They had me come back a week later to test again and it was a little over 3500. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and I am pregnant with twins. I am going back in at week 8 due to some bleeding and will going back at week 9 and then going to a regular OBGYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsie)
The nurse was great she explained everything to me about IVF and then did the final ultrasound before the egg retrieval. I have had other nurses do sonograms also and they have been really nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My insurance covered most of my 3 rounds of Timed Intercourse but they didn't cover the drugs so I don't know the costs. For IVF we did ICSI and so the cost for IVF with ICSI was $9,600 without insurance plus $350 for anesthesiologist for egg retrieval. For Embryo Freezing it was $750 for the freezing and then year 2-5 i think it costs $500 a year for freezing and it goes up after that. My insurance covered the blood work.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
out of 4 rounds I have done they didn't return my call in the same day once. They called the next day.