5.1

UCSD
U. of California Irvine
UCSF

Russell Foulk works at

Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)

Las Vegas
5320 S. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-892-9696

Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200

Treated 2012 - 2015
He [Dr. Foulk] explains everything and makes sure to answer questions...He was always so straightforward and to the point. He also moved quickly which was nice after waiting so long to get any kind of answers working with our OB/GYN...The first time he did a water ultrasound at our first appointment with him and immediately had a plan of action...We have enjoyed working with Dr. Foulk and how quickly he comes up with a plan of action. We always left his office feeling like we were moving forward.
Chelsea [a nurse at Utah Fertility Center] was very on top of getting me new calendars when things in the protocol changed. She was fantastic at educating us on the whole IVF process. She was prompt at calling me after blood work was done to go over any changes we needed to make... I felt they were very accommodating. I actually live in Davis county, so they would try to schedule me at their Murray office for blood work and ultrasounds whenever they could. That way I didn't have to drive as far every day! Everyone was very kind and helpful.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
We have loved working with Dr. Foulk. He was always so straightforward and to the point. He also moved quickly which was nice after waiting so long to get any kind of answers working with our OB/GYN. We've worked with him two different times. The first time he did a water ultrasound at our first appointment with him and immediately had a plan of action. He scheduled surgery within the next couple of weeks and told us if we didn't get pregnant onout own within 6 months to come back. We luckily were able to get pregnant on our own that time and thought everything was solved. The birth of our first child had several complications, so after we had tried for a year to get pregnant a second time and nothing had happened, we went to Dr. Foulk again. Once again we did a water ultrasound, he thought we had a plan of action, but wanted to do a couple other tests to make sure before we started. After the other testing our plan of action changed. Dr.Foulk performed one of the test a second time, but this time he performed it himself, just to make sure there was no other solicitor besides IVF. He wasn't able to solve the problem, but he immediately got us scheduled to start the IVF process. We have enjoyed working with Dr. Foulk and how quickly he comes up with a plan of action. We always left his office feeling like we were moving forward. He's friendly and jokes around.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Just as with most doctors, you will need to voice your concerns. Stand up for yourself if you don't feel like all of your questions and concerns have been addressed. He's a busy doctor and you can tell he has a lot going on. But he will give you the time you need if you ask for it. He's not a mind reader, so you will have to voice all questions and concerns that don't get answered in the regular discussion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Fouls is very friendly. He explains everything and makes sure to answer questions. He moves kind of fast, which might make some people feel like a number, but he makes sure you understand everything.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was too new/naive to ask what the protocol strategy was, but I know I will ask more information next time! I was put on 10 units of Lupron, 300 of Gonal-F, and 1 of Menopur. After a few days and the first time we did blood work, they added 100 of Gonal-F at night (I believe it was 100). I was doing 2 shots in the morning and 2 shots at night. When we started doing ultrasounds to see how many eggs my body was producing, it wasn't giving them the results they were hoping for. I was told I might have to do the injections a few extra days, which they said was totally normal for some people. I ended up doing 2 extra days of injections so they could get a few more eggs measuring the ideal size. They retrived 14 eggs, 5 were mature enough to fertilize, and 4 started growing into embryos. By day 5, we had 2 embryos left, but 1 wasn't graded very high, and didn't look like it was going to continue growing. We transferred the 1 embryo that was good, and received a positive pregnancy test, that ultimately resulted i our daughter!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea was fantastic to work with. She answered all of my questions ina timely manner. We did have 1 miscommunication about ordering drugs, but she was able to get it figured out. It pushed our start day back a day or two, but it was not our insurance company's fault. Chelsea was very on top of getting me new calendars when things in the protocol changed. She was fantastic at educating us on the whole IVF process. She was prompt at calling me after blood work was done to go over any changes we needed to make.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved the clinic. I loved all of the staff. I felt they were very accommodating. I actually live in Davis county, so they would try to schedule me at their Murray office for blood work and ultrasounds whenever they could. That way I didn't have to drive as far every day! Everyone was very kind and helpful.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
For me they strongly suggested only transferring 1 embryo based on my history. I had complications with a previous pregnancy that would have been even more complicated being pregnant with multiples. They did let us decide, and would have let us transfer 2 if we really wanted to, but advised us that 1 was best in our scenario.
Treated 2012 - 2015
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very knowledgeable. He made us feel at ease and made us smile. He knew me and my case. He wasn’t just refreshing his memory with a chart every time I saw him. ... Dr. Foulk put us at ease. He was quick to confirm that something was not right and took swift action. When we came back to try to have another baby, we ran out of money at the end of treatments. He sat with us and comforted us.
They [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] were on the ball with scheduling and they work really hard with you in the financial office. They were great to work with and always returned phone calls quickly. They were busy, but never made me feel unimportant. They are very flexible with semen collections and drop-off situations, just ask. They have a fantastic facility. We went to their old place first and then their new one. This one is much better.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very knowledgeable. He made us feel at ease and made us smile. He knew me and my case. He wasn’t just refreshing his memory with a chart every time I saw him. I have recommended him to so many people.
Trust Dr. Foulk. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Keep good records and bring them to your consultation.
A previous doctor treated me like I was crazy for thinking there was something wrong. He acted like I was wasting his time. Dr. Foulk put us at ease. He was quick to confirm that something was not right and took swift action. When we came back to try to have another baby, we ran out of money at the end of treatments. He sat with us and comforted us. The nurses and staff would cheer and cry with us. They were amazing! I wish I could still seek treatment wit them, but we have moved too far away.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They would put me at ease in awkward situations. They were sweet with my toddler when I had to bring him with me during our second round of treatments. They called to give me pregnancy test results and cried with me. When I found out I was pregnant with my first they cheered on the phone. They were almost as excited as my mother was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They were on the ball with scheduling and they work really hard with you in the financial office. They were great to work with and always returned phone calls quickly. They were busy, but never made me feel unimportant. They are very flexible with semen collections and drop-off situations, just ask. They have a fantastic facility. We went to their old place first and then their new one. This one is much better.
Treated 2015
We really only talked with him [Dr. Foulk] during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there... I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me...Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything.
I knew we would need copies of all our medical records from this clinic [Utah Fertility Center]...it took several answering machine messages, rerouted calls, and eventually some frustrated phone calls to get them to fax this information over. I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication was, because when we got the paperwork, the nurses were kind and helpful, but it was a little frustrating... no one really sat us down and walked through costs and financing with us.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk did a great job introducing us to infertility. He walked us through what had happened to us and offered explanations as to why I'd had two chemical pregnancies. He worked with our tight time frame (we were moving out of state soon), and he was kind and efficient. We really only talked with him during that first meeting, and then I saw nurses after that for the two IUIs I did there. Overall I liked him, but if we had stayed with this clinic longer, I would have wondered if he was involved much with our care.
This was my first experience with an RE, and it was positive. I came having had two chemical pregnancies, and I felt that Dr. Foulk had the right amount of compassion and the right amount of explanation for what happened and what we would try next. I don't like a lot of sympathy or hand holding, so this was a good mix for me. The nurses also did a good job helping me and remembering me each time we went in.
I did two clomid IUI cycles with Dr. Foulk. I did a baseline ultrasound, clomid on days 3-7, another ultrasound to determine follicle size, a trigger shot (I believe ovidrel, but I had to mix the injection myself before triggering), and the IUI procedure. They allowed my husband to collect at home and bring the sample in on the day. His numbers were normal. Blood work for HCG level 2 weeks after procedure. Both IUIs were the same. I also did an HSG before starting the IUIs that came back normal, but a hysteroscopy a few years later revealed a blocked tube, (no pregnancies in between) so I'm not sure how reliable that HSG was. We decided to do IUIs because I had gotten pregnant twice that year on my own, but both were chemical (one suspected ectopic but not verified). Dr. Foulk seemed confident I would get pregnant through the IUIs, but it didn't happen. He did not diagnose me with anything. We moved out of state before we could do more follow-up with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
I liked the nursing staff. They did a good job trying to get to know me. This was my first experience with an infertility clinic, so I had been used to being pretty anonymous at any doctor's office, but the nurses here were friendly and kind. I saw a lot of the same nurses over and over, which helped me stay calm for my procedures.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They're busy; they have a lot of patients. This didn't affect me much on a personal care level though. The facility is clean and new, parking is easy, and traffic was never bad to get there. I did most of my blood work elsewhere, which was fine since I lived about 25 minutes from the clinic and one minute from where I did blood work. For my IUIs, the nurses gave me one step at a time, which seemed to be a clinic strategy to help me not get overwhelmed. I think I would have preferred the big picture explained a few more times, however. (This really could be my fault, but I remember wondering why each time I went, I learned new things I had to do and when to do them.) The financial employees were kind, but learning from later experiences at other clinics, no one really sat us down and walked through costs and financing with us. Overall this was a comfortable, safe-feeling clinic. The cleanest and nicest I've been to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
IUI: $1000. Medications on top of that. Clomid, Ovidrel injection, and progesterone suppositories starting the day of the IUI procedure. I think medications were a few hundred dollars. I think insurance covered part of the HSG.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Since we were moving, I knew we would need copies of all our medical records from this clinic. I got them, but the new clinic said we didn't have records of my husband's blood work for infectious diseases. As we had just done this a few months earlier, we didn't want to repeat. I called Utah Fertility Clinic and it took several answering machine messages, rerouted calls, and eventually some frustrated phone calls to get them to fax this information over. I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication was, because when we got the paperwork, the nurses were kind and helpful, but it was a little frustrating.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Foulk] was very informative. And knowledgeable his nurs and coordinators take cate of almost everything for him so i only spoke with him 2x and seen him 1x he. Did listen to us and let us take the route. We thought wasbeat and i appreciate that we didnt spend extra moneybecausehe listened from the beginning ... I only spoke with him 2x once for consult second for transfer.
Strengths they [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] don't pushyou tward a treatment they explain pro and con of all and let you. Decide . the staff is terrific and compassionate. The facility is nice and clean. My favorite was that the waiting room wasnt so clinical it was warm and relaxing ... Debbie the coordinator was awsome quickly responds to questions and she would check in often
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He was very informative. And knowledgeable his nurs and coordinators take cate of almost everything for him so i only spoke with him 2x and seen him 1x he. Did listen to us and let us take the route. We thought wasbeat and i appreciate that we didnt spend extra moneybecausehe listened from the beginning
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
If you have any questions reach out to him or debbie ! They are very helpfull but if your out of area like us . dont expect too much contact with your doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I only spoke with him 2x once for consult second for transfer.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was fertile and married so i didnt need amock cycle. He. Had me on estrogen .25 mg. 2x a week and pegesterone nightly for 13week. Also vaginal suppository 50mg
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Deborah)
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths they don't pushyou tward a treatment they explain pro and con of all and let you. Decide . the staff is terrific and compassionate. The facility is nice and clean. My favorite was that the waiting room wasnt so clinical it was warm and relaxing
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Cost was $190. For phone consult $500 water ultrasound $7895 FET $500 COUNSELING $500-1000 meds $4-600 travel/hotels
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
He didnt have a prefrence he let us choose we chose 2 embryos so he sat us down and explained the risk of putting 2 embryos
Reno
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.... Timed intercourse with meds $575 for office visits and $200 for meds IUI $875 for office visits and procedure and $200 for meds
They [the nurses at Utah Fertility Center-Murray] need to make sure they call with results when they say they are going to. They also need to have more appt times. Work is hard to miss constantly for drs appts. They are very friendly but need to remember that just because they see this everyday it’s still hard and new to us patients... The nurses would say they would call with my results by 4:30 (telling me if I were pregnant or not) and they wouldn’t call until 6:30 or 7:30 or not at all and I would have to try and reach them after hours
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very honest and helpful. He told us exactly what we needed to know about our case and what the plan was. I do wish we would see him more and not just once at the consultation. Maybe if he saw us after each course of action before moving onto the next. Meds 3 rounds then see the dr, IUI 3 rounds then see the dr...etc.
Make sure you be up front about what you expect. Make sure they remember what you want.
He got straight to the point and gave me the answers I was looking for. He didn’t beat around the bush at all.
3 rounds of femara with a trigger shot Then one round of femara with a trigger shot and an IUI, resulting in pregnancy, but lost at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
One nurse was super nice, but then I moved and had to go to a new location and the other nurses would forget to call me on my results until the old nurse would call and ask why they never called me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They need to make sure they call with results when they say they are going to. They also need to have more appt times. Work is hard to miss constantly for drs appts. They are very friendly but need to remember that just because they see this everyday it’s still hard and new to us patients.
Murray
He [Dr. Foulk] was very clear and pretty to the point. Only met with him at our first consultation. Would have like some More info when we got negative results but there was just some slight differences. I think he is very good and we will meet with him soon if we get another negative test back.... I am currently taking met Formin and my husband is was taking testosterone supplements. We took 3 months to put him on more natural supplement. During that time I took a stronger birth control to try and force my body to ovulate.
Clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is very clean and has a good flow. I like the clinic and facility a lot. It is kept up and warm to be inviting. The only thing to improve is sometimes you have to wait a long time at the front because the receptionist is not at the front and that can be frustrating.... I one time was schedule for an IUI the next day and they told me I wasn’t in the schedule. I got super concerned because that stuff is time sensitive.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very clear and pretty to the point. Only met with him at our first consultation. Would have like some More info when we got negative results but there was just some slight differences. I think he is very good and we will meet with him soon if we get another negative test back.
Plan ahead. The nursing staff runs on their time not yours. You need to plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time for appointments
He was kind and sympathize but very clear and got to the point.
I am currently taking met Formin and my husband is was taking testosterone supplements. We took 3 months to put him on more natural supplement. During that time I took a stronger birth control to try and force my body to ovulate. We then started immediately with the IUI and clomid. We have had two negative results and are in the middle of our 3rd.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They are very hard to communicate with. They kind of run on their own time and not the patients. They are kind but they struggle to get back to ya.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clinic is very clean and has a good flow. I like the clinic and facility a lot. It is kept up and warm to be inviting. The only thing to improve is sometimes you have to wait a long time at the front because the receptionist is not at the front and that can be frustrating.
Treated 2014 - 2018
I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them...Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions... very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
Danica [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] is awesome and great at her job. She has a lot of compassion and makes up for what dr foulk lacks...IUIs were around 900 out of pocket and IVF was around 8,000 out of pocket. FETs are around 3200...They take forever to call you back with results and often it’s after 5 so if you miss their call and try to call right back, you can’t get through and have to wait a whole extra day. Everything is rushed and sometimes results get mixed up and protocols get mixed up.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
he’s very knowledgeable but not the warmest bedside manner. I often left appointments very emotional and feeling like I was just another number. I have only saw him a handful of times in the 5 years I’ve been a patient and I doubt he actually would recognize me if we were ever in the same room away from the clinic.
He’s very smart and good at his job but not very warm.
Appointments felt rushed and I felt he was very unattached from emotions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
Danica is awesome and great at her job. She has a lot of compassion and makes up for what dr foulk lacks
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Overall UFC has been a good experience because I have had 2 babies because of them. I have heard they are the best in my state which is why I decided to go with them but they do have some weaknesses. They take forever to call you back with results and often it’s after 5 so if you miss their call and try to call right back, you can’t get through and have to wait a whole extra day. Everything is rushed and sometimes results get mixed up and protocols get mixed up. I had to bring up treatment options to my doctor because he had forgotten that we had previously discussed them
I always transferred 2 embryos. My embryos always implanted but I always ended up miscarrying one or both early on
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] is a great doctor, so far. He's thorough and looks at all the angles/options for treatment. He was great at letting me know how many eggs were retrieved (which was important to me) before I left the clinic after retrieval.... We did IVF with ICSI. We used Lupron Depot for three months before IVF in hopes that it would improve egg quality. It didn't seem to make much of a difference in embryo quality.
The nurses [at Utah Fertility Center] don't work every day of the week, so if you leave them a message, you may not hear back. Sometimes, I would be expecting a phone call and not hear back. That was frustrating, but it never caused any problems that couldn't be fixed.... They are efficient and appointments are quick and easy. The clinic itself is decorated nicely and comfortably. There's always enough room in the waiting room. The nurses are so nice. The financial staff and front desk staff haven't been quite as friendly. :)
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor, so far. He's thorough and looks at all the angles/options for treatment. He was great at letting me know how many eggs were retrieved (which was important to me) before I left the clinic after retrieval.
He was kind and attentive and encouraging.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey)
The nurses don't work every day of the week, so if you leave them a message, you may not hear back. Sometimes, I would be expecting a phone call and not hear back. That was frustrating, but it never caused any problems that couldn't be fixed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has very high success rates. They are efficient and appointments are quick and easy. The clinic itself is decorated nicely and comfortably. There's always enough room in the waiting room. The nurses are so nice. The financial staff and front desk staff haven't been quite as friendly. :)
It was $9800 to do IVF with ICSI
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I went to take one of my medications and realized it wasn't in my shipment from the pharmacy. After calling the pharmacy, we realized it wasn't called in. So, the nurse called it in to a local pharmacy and I was able to start it on the correct day.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] will tell you about likely outcomes and how long it may take to conceive, don't be discouraged by that. I appreciated him being candid about it...We only met Dr Foulk twice, once at my initial consultation and once during my first treatment. He explained clearly what was probably going on with my PCOS and our options to conceive. I felt he listened to our concerns. He also was quick to adjust treatment when my body wasn't responding as planned.
The St George clinic [of Utah Fertility Center] is a small office. Never was busy or had long waiting periods. Clean and easy to get to. I would definitely recommend. I felt there was much privacy since it wasn't a huge clinic...I spent most of my treatment working with the nurses and care team. I felt they genuinely cared about me and my treatment...We only met Dr Foulk twice, once at my initial consultation and once during my first treatment. He explained clearly what was probably going on with my PCOS and our options to conceive. I felt he listened to our concerns. He also was quick to adjust treatment when my body wasn't responding as planned.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He will tell you about likely outcomes and how long it may take to conceive, don't be discouraged by that. I appreciated him being candid about it.
First cycle that I did not get pregnant, I started on 100mg of Clomid per day for 5 days. My eggs had not grown so they did 150mg of Clomid for 5 more days then a trigger shot of HCG and times intercourse. Second cycle I did get pregnant, we did 150mg Clomid for 5 days then again for 5 more days since my eggs didn't respond the first 5 days. After the 10 days, we did two shots of FSH over a couple days and my egg released before my next appt so no trigger shot.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The were wonderful! I spent most of my treatment working with the nurses and care team. I felt they genuinely cared about me and my treatment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The St George clinic is a small office. Never was busy or had long waiting periods. Clean and easy to get to. I would definitely recommend. I felt there was much privacy since it wasn't a huge clinic.
I don't remember exactly, I believe it was around $500 for each timed intercourse/induced ovulation cycle and another couple hundred for prescriptions.
St. George
When seeing Dr. Foulk he listen and wanted to know more about our story. He was very confident in our treatment plan and at events outside of the clinic he made sure to say hello by name and get to know us!... He was very confident in our case. He new our history and put our worries at ease. He has amazing bedside manner and relates to you and your journey. He made me excited to start this part of our journey and made us feel confident we’re other Doctors would blow our concerns off
They [Utah Fertility Center] offer multiple offices as well as being involoved in the fertility community by donating free cycles and raising awareness for infertility! They make themselves available pretty much 24/7 and make sure to help this work for your work schedule! They are very confident in their abilities and also very knowledgeable in their field! They treat you like a family member and not just another check to cash.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Go in with a open mind! Dr. Foulk is one of the best and wants one thing, to put a baby in your arms! He and his office will walk you through the process every step of the way!
We are currently waiting to start treatments!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Johnson)
They are amazing! They talk you through each step and communicate results and process promptly! They answer all questions big and small and never make you fell silly for asking!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They offer multiple offices as well as being involoved in the fertility community by donating free cycles and raising awareness for infertility! They make themselves available pretty much 24/7 and make sure to help this work for your work schedule! They are very confident in their abilities and also very knowledgeable in their field! They treat you like a family member and not just another check to cash.
They were very through in laying out each cost.
He lets you decide within safety! He allows you to be apart of you care!
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Faulk is very educated. I have not received results I want but I think I have a different situation than the normal patient. I do wish more miscarriage tests were ran on me before the second egg retrieval and frozen embryo transfers,... The first egg retrieval was just a normal stimulation and egg retrieval. We did pgs. The first embryo transfer was negative and second was positive but resulted in miscarriage of a healthy embryo at 7 weeks. Second egg retrieval had a lot more stimation medicine and higher dose of hcg in hopes to get more mature eggs. Did not get more mature eggs. Did pgs and had the same amount of normal embryos. Transferred two got pregnant with one and carried until almost ten weeks then miscarried a 10 week genetically normal embryo.
[Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove's] Strengths - advanced quipment, knowledgeable workers, nurses have great communication Weaknesses- it is a big company with a lot of patients, dr Faulk is frequently is other clinics, late response time on results... Megan and Danica are both great!... Results were always delivered pretty late and waiting for a pregnancy test result you are sitting on pins and needles all day.
You are in good hands.
He knows me and my husband by name and situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
Megan and Danica are both great!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Don’t remember insurance was billed but an egg retrieval was about 12,000 and frozen embryo transfer was about 3,000 but could be wrong
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Foulk is very personable and has a good bedside manner. Some of my bloodwork came back a little crazy and I was worried about it, Dr. Foulk called me personally once evening to reassure me that everything was okay and I shouldn't stress about it. Dr. Foulk was very hopeful for our situation and shared every emotion that we had... Dr. Foulk was upfront with us regarding our infertility issues. He was also very hopeful and gave a lot of good information.
They [the staff at Utah Fertility Center] are very organized and communicative. They make you feel at ease and not so nervous. They understand what you are going through and help you through it every step of the way. You know you are not alone and that you always have their support. Amazing people and clinic!... They [the nurses] have been amazing. Have always answered my questions and are very compassionate.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Schedule with him. He's amazing!
Dr. Foulk was upfront with us regarding our infertility issues. He was also very hopeful and gave a lot of good information. He shared the same emotions that we did regarding our negative pregnancy tests and our large number of eggs retrieved. We live Dr. Foulk
I started off with 3 IUI's and they all failed. We discussed other options with Dr. Foulk and we all agreed that IVF was our next step. We are still in the process of that right now.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They have been amazing. Have always answered my questions and are very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very organized and communicative. They make you feel at ease and not so nervous. They understand what you are going through and help you through it every step of the way. You know you are not alone and that you always have their support. Amazing people and clinic!
Dr. Foulk is open to multiple embryo transfers but he will only transfer two.
Treated 2015 - 2017
He [Dr. Foulk] was knowledgeable, friendly and quick to make informed decisions when needed. He kept me and my spouse informed the whole time. Interacted with my Mom who came to almost all of my appointments and was what I imagined he would be like with an extra side of funny quirkiness.... My husband has a rare condition resulting in male factor infertility so he was adamant we see an Reproductive Endocrinologist for that reason.
We loved the atmosphere [Utah Fertility Center], receptionist and I became good friends with my X-Ray Tech. She and I totally hit it off which really put me at ease. Calling the clinic and getting a return phone call is sometimes tricky. Persistence is important.... a care coordinator I refused to deal with anymore. She didn’t call in my muscle relaxer for my transfer. I had to call the clinic angry and talk to the care coordinator I knew and loved. She made sure the prescription was taken care of.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was knowledgeable, friendly and quick to make informed decisions when needed. He kept me and my spouse informed the whole time. Interacted with my Mom who came to almost all of my appointments and was what I imagined he would be like with an extra side of funny quirkiness.
Take notes and ask all the questions. Don’t be dismayed if it will take a long time to get an appointment with him, if he’s the doctor you feel the best about, go to him. My husband has a rare condition resulting in male factor infertility so he was adamant we see an Reproductive Endocrinologist for that reason.
The initial consult felt a little routine but the other meetings with him were lovely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Morgan felt like my best friend. She was there for me every single time I needed something, she acted quickly and always helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We loved the atmosphere, receptionist and I became good friends with my X-Ray Tech. She and I totally hit it off which really put me at ease. Calling the clinic and getting a return phone call is sometimes tricky. Persistence is important.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
It was with a care coordinator I refused to deal with anymore. She didn’t call in my muscle relaxer for my transfer. I had to call the clinic angry and talk to the care coordinator I knew and loved. She made sure the prescription was taken care of.
Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr. Foulk] was kind, he explained the procedures and when we didn’t understand a concept, he would slow down, back up and start over until we understood what he was talking about.... A great doctor while still having a great bedside manner and being friendly. He fully explored our options with us and let us do the course of action we ultimately thought was beat for us as a family.
They [Utah Fertility Center] did a great job caring. We had a positive pregnancy test and were over the moon. Not too long after my wife started bleeding and we got scared. They got us in and did an ultrasound right away. This was very early in the pregnancy but they didn’t brush the concern aside. We were able to see our tiny baby on the ultrasound and get confirmation that she was ok and thriving.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was great. A great doctor while still having a great bedside manner and being friendly. He fully explored our options with us and let us do the course of action we ultimately thought was beat for us as a family.
Book him, if he isn’t available wait and try again.
He was kind, he explained the procedures and when we didn’t understand a concept, he would slow down, back up and start over until we understood what he was talking about.
We did 2 IUI treatments initially to try the less expensive route, both of those were not successful. Then we went on the IVF journey
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They did a great job caring. We had a positive pregnancy test and were over the moon. Not too long after my wife started bleeding and we got scared. They got us in and did an ultrasound right away. This was very early in the pregnancy but they didn’t brush the concern aside. We were able to see our tiny baby on the ultrasound and get confirmation that she was ok and thriving. I think a lot of places would have brushed us off. But after 1 years of trying that’s exactly what we needed.
It’s been a few years. I don’t really remember all the price breakdowns.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
There was one time when a nurse that wasn’t our regular forgot to send a prescription over to the pharmacy. With a quick phone call the situation was fixed.
Pleasant Grove
So far, we have completed 3 IUIs with clomid [with Dr. Russell Foulk] (I believe 100 mg for 5 days) and an HSG trigger shot. All were ineffective...I felt as if Dr. Foulk rushed through telling us our diagnosis, but followed up when we reached out with questions...He is very kind...When we talked to him about IVF, it was confusing and he could have taken more time. Also, his quote was extremely off from the financial aid person.
If you have to go the IVF route [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine], make an appointment with the financial aid person the same day so you get all the correct information...[nurses are] Very nice, polite and understanding...Each IUI cost approximately $1300. They quoted us approximately $20,000-25,000 for one IVF cycle...They are professional, accommodating, on time and informative. They seem to really care about their patients. They could explain procedures better especially IVF so patients can make an informed decision.
He is very kind. I wish he would slow down and explain things a bit better at times. When we talked to him about IVF, it was confusing and he could have taken more time. Also, his quote was extremely off from the financial aid person.
If you have to go the IVF route, make an appointment with the financial aid person the same day so you get all the correct information.
Everyone is very friendly and seems to care. I felt as if Dr. Foulk rushed through telling us our diagnosis, but followed up when we reached out with questions.
So far, we have completed 3 IUIs with clomid (I believe 100 mg for 5 days) and an HSG trigger shot. All were ineffective. The clomid gave me headaches and made me emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Henderson )
Very nice, polite and understanding.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Foulk is a man who loves his job and really cares about his patients. He will do whatever he can to get you a baby...is direct and tells us how it is. He's very respectful and compassionate while listening to our concerns and problems...Every time we wanted to meet with him one-on-one he spent time with us, answering all our questions and concerns. He is very blunt, but in a way that helps us understand and focus our efforts. He has a soft side which comes out through showing empathy.
staff [at Utah Fertility Center] can be slow to return messages, but they are always polite and friendly...They [nurses] are always kind and empathetic. They explain procedures really well and help make our times at the clinic much better than it could have been. They can be a bit slow at returning voicemail messages...Approximately $800 per IUI cycle plus additional medications. I don't remember how much the consultation fees cost...The clinic staff is friendly. The facility is clean and well designed. The best part is their sperm donation room with their sperm sink decor. The staff can be slow to return messages but when I speak to them they are informative and helpful.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk is direct and tells us how it is. He's very respectful and compassionate while listening to our concerns and problems. His staff can be slow to return messages, but they are always polite and friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
They are always kind and empathetic. They explain procedures really well and help make our times at the clinic much better than it could have been. They can be a bit slow at returning voicemail messages.
Pleasant Grove
Listen and ask as many questions as you need...he [Dr. Foulk] is very understanding...He said that we could choose one or 2 [embryos to transfer]...I felt like he took the time to listen to my story. Told us all the procedures and time frame and the odds...was great at explaining everything even when I had a million questions. Also was great at listening to us and not just making us feel like a number. His strengths are being patient understanding and strait forward. Weakness lol he could make it more affordable but is being patient with is so we can come up with more money. Overall a great experience
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] was amazing always called and checked up on us and was always happy to see us...It was 8,300 for retreval and procedures and 2,500 for meds...Strengths always clean friendly and had lots of packets and info and info about grants. Always smiled and greeted us every time. Also a very big facility. And did everything there retreval and ultrasounds...had an awesome staff
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr foulk was great at explaining everything even when I had a million questions. Also was great at listening to us and not just making us feel like a number. His strengths are being patient understanding and strait forward. Weakness lol he could make it more affordable but is being patient with is so we can come up with more money. Overall a great experience
Listen and ask as many questions as you need he is very understanding
I felt like he took the time to listen to my story. Told us all the procedures and time frame and the odds. Also had an awesome staff
I have no tubes I had 2 ectopics first we had a consultation and then he explained that we would start birth control then shots then retreval and then a fresh transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
She was amazing always called and checked up on us and was always happy to see us. And alsI made a great calendar for us
It was 8,300 for retreval and procedures and 2,500 for meds
He said that we could choose one or 2
Pleasant Grove
Dr Foulk was incredibly personable. I could tell he had read through our paperwork and came into our first meeting with a plan. He took his time with us, explained why we are having infertility issues, gave us a game plan and answered every question. For the first time in three years years we felt hope.... He really took his time with us. He explained everything and answered every question. He felt very genuine and caring.
We’ve had a wonderful experience here [Utah Fertility Center]. Even when my husband passed out after a blood draw, everyone was fantastic. They took care of him and did their best to lessen his embarrassment. The thing I personally got overwhelmed with was the financial aspect. It was a ton of information. I wish I would have had my husband there so he could have helped me process it all.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Be ready for a lot of information. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Our care coordinator Lacey as well the rest of the nursing staff have been wonderful. They are kind, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We’ve had a wonderful experience here. Even when my husband passed out after a blood draw, everyone was fantastic. They took care of him and did their best to lessen his embarrassment. The thing I personally got overwhelmed with was the financial aspect. It was a ton of information. I wish I would have had my husband there so he could have helped me process it all.
Our insurance covers only blood work so the cost for us we figured will be about $23,000 total.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Foulk is caring and easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions and sent me home with a good amount of information to read. Getting an appointment took a little more time than expected, but all other appointments have been convenient. Having two locations seems to be a great idea.... Dr. Foulk met with me and spent all the time I needed to understand my treatment options. I didn't feel rushed at all.
My primary nurse [at Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] was great. I didn't have a good experience with the nurses that performed the IUIs. I'm not sure if the problem was with me or them, but it was very painful.... I really appreciate that there are two clinics close to me so I can make appointments that are convenient for my schedule. When parking at the Murray facility, park in the North corner of the parking structure.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I would tell prospective patients to book your initial appointment early. All other appointments are easily scheduled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ann Marie)
My primary nurse was great. I didn't have a good experience with the nurses that performed the IUIs. I'm not sure if the problem was with me or them, but it was very painful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
A cycle of IUI treatment is $850 which includes everything except medication and sperm.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Just know that you may not see him [Dr. Foulk] a lot because he is busy, but he does know who you are and what's going on with your case...He just wanted to start with basics and go from there. He was up for whatever I suggested since I went in with a lot of research behind me...I felt like he really cared, and he knew what he was doing. He's just so busy, I only really met with him during consultations.
[Utah Fertility Center is] clean, organized, and the nurses are so sweet. The front desk is their weakness. Not very welcoming, they barely acknowledge you're there. It's weird. That is the only thing I would say is their weakness...Love them all [the nurses]. Most of them have been in my shoes, and they really empathize with us...Just know that you may not see him [Dr. Foulk] a lot because he is busy, but he does know who you are and what's going on with your case
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Feel like I'm in great hands with Dr. Foulk. He is super smart, to the point, but I never felt rushed in our consultations with him. He let me ask all sorts of questions, was compassionate, and funny. Happy I went with him.
Just know that you may not see him a lot because he is busy, but he does know who you are and what's going on with your case.
When meeting with Dr. Foulk, I felt like he really cared, and he knew what he was doing. He's just so busy, I only really met with him during consultations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Susie)
Love them all. Most of them have been in my shoes, and they really empathize with us.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are clean, organized, and the nurses are so sweet. The front desk is their weakness. Not very welcoming, they barely acknowledge you're there. It's weird. That is the only thing I would say is their weakness.
So far we've paid over 20k for 1 IUI and 1 IVF cycle, and 1 FET cycle.
He was pretty vocal that a single embryo transfer was best for higher results of healthy take home baby.
Treated 2014 - 2016
Dr. Foulk is the most compassionate doctor, he will tell you if you are a good candidate and if you are to high of risk he will refuse to do treatment. For some that is harsh but he wants you to be safe as well as for the baby you would be carrying. He truly wants the best for his patients... Dr. Foulk was amazing & I could tell he really wanted to give us our miracle baby. I felt he tried every avenue and was unwilling to give up hope. He explained our failed cycle and gave us hope for the future
Loved everything about it [Utah Fertility Center-St George]from start to finish, from financial to the treatment we received. Even with a negative outcome we still would highly recommend their team to anyone seeking treatment. ... [the nursing staff were] The absolute best! She was so kind & even when she called to say it was negative showed compassion... The cycle was approximately $8,000 for IVF
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
They cared about me. Each staff member cared about me personally! Absolutely loved how I felt in their office
I can’t remem doses, but used gonal F, menopur and several others
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Loved everything about it from start to finish, from financial to the treatment we received. Even with a negative outcome we still would highly recommend their team to anyone seeking treatment. Thanks
The cycle was approximately $8,000 for IVF
Dr. Foulk asks you how many we only had 2 and due to quality he recommended we do both.
Treated 2014 - 2015
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] recommended Clomid but I do not remember why that was the first option since my problem was keeping a pregnancy as opposed to not ovulating or getting pregnant. When I miscarried, he recommended intralipid infusion therapy because it had some success with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. ... He was friendly and professional but things felt rushed, like he was on a time crunch.
Overall, Utah Fertility Center was great to work with. The only complaint I has was about the front desk lady who seemed put off by doing her job most of the time. It's been a few years so I'm not sure she's still there anyway.... He [Dr. Russell Foulk] was friendly and professional but things felt rushed, like he was on a time crunch.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk is so knowledgeable! He's also very personable and easy to trust. He recommended the best course of action based off of our testing. We never moved forward with his second recommended treatment (intralipid infusion therapy) due to finances but he did give us the best options for our circumstance. He did seem overbooked or rushed to get through appointments.
Be prepared for information overload! This could be a good or bad thing, depending on your personality.
He recommended Clomid but I do not remember why that was the first option since my problem was keeping a pregnancy as opposed to not ovulating or getting pregnant. When I miscarried, he recommended intralipid infusion therapy because it had some success with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss. We did not proceed with that treatment due to finances.
Treated 2015
I love our doctor [Dr. Russell Foulk] and plan to go back. He was friendly, compassionate and drew pictures to make sure we understood the procedure and risks and outcome. He met with us for consultation, follow up after failed and has a plan of action for next treatment if we can ever afford to try again...He took the time to answer our questions and explain the procedure to us...I took menupur, lupron and Bravelle. I had the Bravelle during the period it had a recall and think that might be why my cycle failed. I was also on birth control before.
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] wasn't always fast at call backs but I was always able to get a call back from her or another nurse. She let me know where there were changes in my medications. She ordered all my medications for me. She was compassionate and a cheerleader for me in weight loss as well as in getting a baby...We spent I think 500 for anesesthia, 4000 medications and 8,600 for all dr fee's I also paid for nutrition...It's a clean friendly place. Everyone is compassionate. I liked the nurses and doctor as well. The receptionist could be a little more friendly
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I love our doctor and plan to go back. He was friendly, compassionate and drew pictures to make sure we understood the procedure and risks and outcome. He met with us for consultation, follow up after failed and has a plan of action for next treatment if we can ever afford to try again.
ask questions
He took the time to answer our questions and explain the procedure to us.
I took menupur, lupron and Bravelle. I had the Bravelle during the period it had a recall and think that might be why my cycle failed. I was also on birth control before. We had ultrasounds and blood draws to monster levels, size etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee)
She wasn't always fast at call backs but I was always able to get a call back from her or another nurse. She let me know where there were changes in my medications. She ordered all my medications for me. She was compassionate and a cheerleader for me in weight loss as well as in getting a baby
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My doctor gave us the choice between one or two and we selected two.
Pleasant Grove
He [Dr. Russell Foulk] prefers to PGS test and only freeze 5 day embryos...He goes between two clinics so you’ll never see him until your egg retrieval and transfer. Didn’t like that he wouldn’t let us freeze our two 3 day embryos. He does seem like he really cares when you do see him, but he has so many patients between the two clinics sometimes it seems like he doesn’t remember you.
One time [at Nevada Fertility Center] they didn’t get my husbands blood test results so he had to go back again...Worked with us [on cost] since we did multiple cycles there...The clinic staff is always friendly, although they are behind a lot. Office is typically busy. I felt the nurses were pleasant and compassionate...Be prepared to not see the doctor for any of your monitoring appointments. Some people don’t care about this and some want to see the doctor through every step of the way.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Very knowledgeable. He goes between two clinics so you’ll never see him until your egg retrieval and transfer. Didn’t like that he wouldn’t let us freeze our two 3 day embryos. He does seem like he really cares when you do see him, but he has so many patients between the two clinics sometimes it seems like he doesn’t remember you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
The nurse I had for 2 cycles is no longer there so I wouldn’t be able to refer that nurse from the previous question. The clinic staff is always friendly, although they are behind a lot. Office is typically busy. I felt the nurses were pleasant and compassionate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
Worked with us since we did multiple cycles there
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
He prefers to PGS test and only freeze 5 day embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
One time they didn’t get my husbands blood test results so he had to go back again
Russell Foulk
Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)
Las Vegas
Treated 2007 - 2018
Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in... I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. ... I feel like they are not good at calling you back. I had OHSS and called the clinic, they didn't call me so I had to go to the hospital. They called the ER doctor back. They do this so often that they don't recognize how scary, expensive and violating this process was
[The staff at Utah Fertility Center are] Poor at calling back. I feel like the phone tree is annoying especially since its for several clinics. I hate that they don't do payment plans. Coming up with $28,000 has us paying a loan until my baby is in 2nd grade... Chelsee [a nurse] was the best with the daughter, me and my crazy emotions and really cared... $28,000 for ivf and about $8000 for the 2 iui's
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Come with a list of questions
I wish the medical assistants were the same people. I was just another person to them. Dr Foulk cared about me and checked in
Avoided hcg trigger because I had a really high amh so tried to avoid OHSS. Constant monitoring. Reduced my medications several times
Chelsee was the best with the daughter, me and my crazy emotions and really cared
$28,000 for ivf and about $8000 for the 2 iui's