9.8

Ryan Riggs works at

6675 Holmes Rd
Kansas City, MO 64131
816-301-5506

We are diagnosed unexplained infertility. We have done all testing (hystroscopy, bloodwork, semen analysis) at Dr. Riggs, followed by trying naturally and 3 IUIs. All failed. Currently planning for an IVF cycle...always know our background and ask us about our long drive to the clinic, etc...presents the data straight with us and has the background to discuss our treatment plans, answering all of our questions. We live 2 hours away from the clinic and he has offered to do follow up consults with us over the phone to fit our scheduling needs, which we greatly appreciate.
The nursing staff [at Blue Sky Fertility] is the absolute best. I have broken down crying in front of them so many times and they are always so compassionate, sitting with me and listening to me. They are always quick to respond to any question I may have, either via phone call or email. They have made this emotional experience bearable and always make me feel cared for...Clean, organized clinic. They have all the equipment needed at their Overland Park location, saving us a trip to KC. Always quick to respond to messages and I always get my questions answered by staff. No weaknesses.
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Blue Sky Fertility?
Dr. Riggs presents the data straight with us and has the background to discuss our treatment plans, answering all of our questions. We live 2 hours away from the clinic and he has offered to do follow up consults with us over the phone to fit our scheduling needs, which we greatly appreciate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Riggs at Blue Sky Fertility?
Make an appointment early. They book up fast and have a long wait list.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Riggs at Blue Sky Fertility?
The nurses made sure to treat my emotional experience with heartfelt concern alongside my medical treatments. Dr. Riggs and staff always know our background and ask us about our long drive to the clinic, etc.
Describe the protocols Ryan Riggs used in your cycles at Blue Sky Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Blue Sky Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
The nursing staff is the absolute best. I have broken down crying in front of them so many times and they are always so compassionate, sitting with me and listening to me. They are always quick to respond to any question I may have, either via phone call or email. They have made this emotional experience bearable and always make me feel cared for.
Describe your experience with Blue Sky Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Riggs at Blue Sky Fertility.
We have a high deductable insurance plan. The following were our costs: ultrasound $250, IUI $600, initial consultation $300, follow up consultation $175, and I can't recall the cost for the hysteroscopy.
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr Ryan Riggs] is very kind. You can tell he is passionate about what he does. I do wish I had a more direct communication relationship with him. I prefer to know the bad and good and all the details in between, it puts my mind at ease the more I know. I feel that is opposite for a lot of patients and haven’t quite found the right communication that I am looking for.
My only complaint [about Blue Sky Fertility] is some breakdown in communication. Was under the impression that after we cancelled our retrieval, we would start right away at start of my cycle. I moved up my appointment in hopes of starting soon, but was still told to “wait to hear from nurse” which was 5 days because she was gone and no one covers her email?
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Blue Sky Fertility?
He is very kind. You can tell he is passionate about what he does. I do wish I had a more direct communication relationship with him. I prefer to know the bad and good and all the details in between, it puts my mind at ease the more I know. I feel that is opposite for a lot of patients and haven’t quite found the right communication that I am looking for.
Go in with direct questions and make sure you understand answers prior to leaving.
He personalizes care and refers not only to his past experience with patients but also with what research has to show
He uses a spreadsheet to keep track of all lab tests, lab results, last testing and will create or adjust treatment based on this spreadsheet. It is very helpful to see and reassuring in moving forward with care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Blue Sky Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina )
Overall, everyone has been very genuine, kind and compassionate to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Blue Sky Fertility.
Very nice clinic, well kept, in a quiet area. Would recommend “back up” for staff when they are gone to cover. That has been my only complaint thus far is a breakdown in communication. Also, have received a few different answers so need further clarification but overall great place.
Estimated costs for everything were about $11-16,000 without medications
Describe Ryan Riggs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Blue Sky Fertility.
He has recommended single embryo transfer. Although we have not been able to get to the transfer portion of this process yet, it is my understanding that he is willing to do more than one, although not more than two at one time based on research and recommendations.
What specific things went wrong at Blue Sky Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Blue Sky Fertility.
My only complaint is some breakdown in communication. Was under the impression that after we cancelled our retrieval, we would start right away at start of my cycle. I moved up my appointment in hopes of starting soon, but was still told to “wait to hear from nurse” which was 5 days because she was gone and no one covers her email?
Treated 2015
Dr. Riggs was an honest, likable individual. He answered all of our questions and was candid about what we should expect. He gave us an honest, educated opinion every step of the way...Dr. Riggs was reasonable and honest, although most of the care at Conceptions is interactions with the nursing staff...Make a list of questions prior to each visit, to ensure they all get answered...
[Conceptions - Lafayette] Strengths- quality medicine, good SART rates, clean facility, educated staff Weaknesses- particular staff members with poor communication, and not allowing the patient to feel like a part of the team for their care...The nursing staff we had during IUI cycles was awesome, particularly Kalise (Sp?). However, Julie, our IVF nurse, seemed distant and as if she didn't really take the time to really look into and answer our questions thoroughly. Once we said we were done with IVF, she brushed off any other questions that I sent her way regarding my fertility journey...
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Make a list of questions prior to each visit, to ensure they all get answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
The nurses at the Lafayette facility were great. I was not thrilled with the nurse I worked with at the Littleton facility. Dr. Riggs was reasonable and honest, although most of the care at Conceptions is interactions with the nursing staff.
Describe the protocols Ryan Riggs used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
We attempted two rounds of IUI using Femara. I do consistently ovulate, but I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve, so the goal behind this was to stimulate a "good" egg. Unfortunately, we did not succeed at getting pregnant. Next, we tried IVF with maximum stimulation using Follistim, Omnitrope (growth hormone to increase egg quality), and Menopur. Unfortunately, I did not make enough follicles to proceed to egg retrieval. Dr. Riggs was willing to try a different treatment approach in an attempt to make more follicles, but we opted to move on to embryo adoption at that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Julie Zentz)
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Each IUI cycle was approximately $1500, and the IVF cycle was $15,000 (fresh cycle, no genetic testing of embryos). The additional costs such as labs, surgery, and other procedures brought our total for the year to $30,000
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
During my IVF stimulation phase, I had a critical question. I called at 3:45pm, and the nurse answering service said that all calls before 4:30pm would be answered the same day. My call was not returned that day, and I had to call the after hours emergency line to talk to a nurse.
Conceptions Reproductive Associates
Lafayette
Treated 2014
Dr. Riggs was a good Doctor, but I do feel like I was put into a protocol based on my age and numbers. I don't think he really looked into our case and that is why we only had 1 embryo from two cycles. He seemed like he had a lot of knowledge but it should have been more specific to my case...For both cycles I used about 40 vials of menopur and 60 vials of bravelle. I believe it was an antagonist protocol. I cycled for about 9 days. Both my husband and I used their vitamin list to prepare for both retrievals.
This [Conceptions] is a smaller clinic. I think this clinic would be great for general infertility issues but if you have egg quality or sperm issues I don't feel that their lab is equipped to handle difficult cases. They seem to do more IUIs there...I did two IVF cycles with Dr. Riggs and we also did CCS testing. We did our IVF cycles back to back with two separate CCS testing. We never did a transfer as our one embryo is still frozen. I believe between medication and cycles we spent about $65,000. The medications were very costly as for my first cycle it was $8,000 and my second cycle was $6,000.
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I thought that Dr. Riggs was a good doctor but I don't think he looked into the facts of our case and rather just picked out a protocol for our age and used a lot of medication. I had better results and more tests with another doctor.
Stand up for you case and ask questions. Ask why he is choosing those medication dosages and why that protocol. We did a second cycle with Dr. Riggs and we had horrible outcome and we did a second cycle with the same protocol and again had a horrible outcome. We should of pushed on why the protocol stayed the same or asked for a second opinion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey and Sarah)
I had two nurses. Kelsey and Sarah. They were both amazing. They were wonderful and never forgot anything. They always called in my medication correctly and on time, they didn't have any errors in my paperwork. I could email or call them and I would always get a quick and detailed response. Wonderful staff.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
This is a smaller clinic. I think this clinic would be great for general infertility issues but if you have egg quality or sperm issues I don't feel that their lab is equipped to handle difficult cases. They seem to do more IUIs there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They had open times for ultrasound and bloodwork when I was there. It was a very short wait for both appointments and it was usually the same nurse.
Describe Ryan Riggs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We never got to a transfer.
Conceptions Reproductive Associates
Littleton

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Riggs is extremely smart and has a lot of experience. My husband loves him but I feel I need more compassion. He sees these 'issues' every day so they seem like no big deal to him but when I was first going through this process every 'set back' was a broken heart for me and he said everything so casually. Dr Riggs is great at explaining ultrasounds and what he is looking for. I felt like when I would ask questions they wouldn't be answered, he would just talk around my question. I am happy to be a patient of his and would recommend him.
The nurses at Blue Sky are amazing! They always know me by name and remember my unique situation...They have always been able to get me an appointment when I needed one. The clinic is small, which I like. The location is not the best but worth the drive for the care you receive. They don't do HSG in the office....When I left a voicemail for them I always got a response within 2 hours. When I would email I would get a response within 2 hours. They had so much patience with me and always reassured me. They made me feel important.
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Blue Sky Fertility?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Blue Sky Fertility.
I cannot say enough good things about the nurses at Blue Sky. They are so compassionate and really want to do everything they can for you. They always asked about our lives and took a real interest in us personally. When I left a voicemail for them I always got a response within 2 hours. When I would email I would get a response within 2 hours. They had so much patience with me and always reassured me. They made me feel important.
Describe your experience with Blue Sky Fertility.
Our insurance did not cover anything so these are cash prices: IUI - Sperm Isolation $250 plus Insemination $250 Baseline Ultrasound $270 Follicle Check Ultrasound $300 Hysteroscopy $850