Medical SchoolU. of Illinois
FellowshipStanford U.
3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sacha Krieg to a friend?

4.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Oregon Health Sciences University to a friend?
2016 - 2019
[Dr. Krieg] continues to charge forward and treat the original diagnosis, with the original treatment plan for the time she may have specified in an appointment several months prior, even when new information has materialized that seems like it should result in a change of course. Like in my case, I all of the sudden stopped getting a period after ovulation and stopped showing LH surges on OPK's when every single prior cycle those two things hadn't occurred. In this case, I could hardly get her on the phone to have a conversation with me about it. I find when talking to Dr. Krieg, it's clear she's either forgotten or hasn't looked across my personal medical history when providing me answers, so it seems like each conversation is disconnected from the last.
[Oregon Health Sciences University's] process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Krieg seems quite knowledgable of textbook diagnoses and interpretation of test results, but tends to overlook details I share that sit outside the norm. She continues to charge forward and treat the original diagnosis, with the original treatment plan for the time she may have specified in an appointment several months prior, even when new information has materialized that seems like it should result in a change of course. Like in my case, I all of the sudden stopped getting a period after ovulation and stopped showing LH surges on OPK's when every single prior cycle those two things hadn't occurred. In this case, I could hardly get her on the phone to have a conversation with me about it. I find when talking to Dr. Krieg, it's clear she's either forgotten or hasn't looked across my personal medical history when providing me answers, so it seems like each conversation is disconnected from the last.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Levelset on communication expectations before pursuing treatment to make sure you're both aligned - as the lack of communication could cause stress which quite possibly counterbalances the benefits of pursuing fertility treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
This is a criticism of OHSU Fertility, not of Dr. Krieg, as when I finally got through the bureaucracy to reach Dr. Krieg, she was helpful! OHSU is not patient-centric, they prioritize getting people through vs. talking to their patients. Their process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
provera to stimulate period, letrizole to stimulate ovulation, ovidrel shot to stimulate ovulation, and IUI. 3rd time with this strategy back in 2017 I got pregnant. 3rd time with this strategy in 2019, I didn't get a period at the end of a cycle but had negative pregnancy tests. After trying hard to break through the staff filter to get me 5 minutes on the phone with Dr. Krieg to understand if she might have a hypothesis why, she said likely a luteal cyst, but that it was weird. Next cycle, I had to induce with provera, kept on the same letrizole course, my ultrasound was scheduled too late so we missed ovulation completely. All my OPK's were negative. No explanation. I was prescribed more letrizole to take mid-cycle as they weren't sure at my ultrasound if I had ovulated or if my cycle was just really really long. I started the letrizole, then several days later was told after a blood test that actually I had ovulated. Finally I was able to get a call with Dr. Krieg a few days after that, she said stop taking the letrizole (I had one day supply left). I asked if taking letrizole in the luteal phase was detrimental to my chances of getting pregnant that cycle from intercourse (since we missed IUI) and she said she didn't know, that they have never had anyone take letrizole in the luteal phase before. She recommended same treatment next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
Valerie always told me the doctor was too busy to talk to me, yet couldn't answer my questions when I had them. After my last conversation with Dr. Krieg on the phone, she told me she had responded to Valerie on a question I had directly, but Valerie never contacted me with Dr. Krieg's response. She also scheduled my ultrasound too late and we missed ovulation completely - I depend on their knowledge of my medical history and their expertise to manage my appointments and my communications with the doctors as needed and I found consistently that I could not depend on Valerie. Alternatively, the medical assistant Lotte, was incredible.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are not patient-centric at OHSU, and prioritize getting people through vs. talking to their patients. Their process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.
I can't remember the difference in cost between seeing Dr. Krieg 1:1 vs. IUI, vs. ultrasound, but I never left without spending at least $400 and over the course of the several months I've gone to OHSU fertility, I estimate being in over $10k.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.

1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
OHSU offers discounted financing options for fertility treatments through Attain and ARC. I’m 39 and was able to buy a package of three retrievals with unlimited transfers through attain for around $30K (with an option to get some $$ back if this protocol didn’t result in a pregnancy. The package didn’t include medications or genetic testing (maybe $15K more for 3 rounds of retrievals).
1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I was referred to Dr. Krieg by another practioner. What I love about Dr. Krieg is that she is optimistic and compassionate (while still being realistic about outcomes). I’m 39 with an FSH of 15 and an AMH of 0.29 and I loved that she viewed these numbers as a challenge to overcome instead of a death sentence. In fact her words were, “Don’t worry, I’ve had patients have full term healthy pregnancies with these numbers”. I loved hearing that.
Do your research on Fertility IQ first, so you can come prepared with questions to ask.
My husband and I had two pregnancy losses, two surgeries for endometriosis and a failed IUI by the time we started IVF with Dr. Krieg. She has been nothing short of amazing and we appreciate how much compassion she has for our situation. The staff at OHSU, including Dr. Krieg, has been warm and all have been completely available to me through their patient portal or via phone call. I’ve always received a timely call back from the office. We never feel like a number.
I’m midway through the first round of egg retrieval via IVF. Here is the protocol protocol I am on: Climara transdermal Patch (due to my high FSH) Ganirelix x 3 days Menopur 2 powder vials - AM Daily Follistim 300 Units - PM Daily Saizen - PM every other day Ganirelix again until follicles are 12-14mm Retrieval will likely occur sometime between 10-16 days of stimulation medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Val)
So far, the handful of nurses I have interacted with have been nothing short of impressive. All have been kind, good listeners, concerned for our well being and of course, hopeful for a good outcome.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
For starters, the office has a very soothing vibe to it. The amount of natural light helps (I’ve been to other offices where it seems you’re stuck in a fluorescent cave). The front desk is friendly, no one has been rude or short with us. I was referred here by a very close friend (who is picky!!) and would definitely refer others here.
Describe Sacha Krieg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr. Kreig did not recommend multiple embryo transfer. We will be genetic testing all embryos (due to previous pregnancy losses) and she suggested multiple rounds would get us the most eggs to work with. With my FSH/AMH numbers, history of ovarian damage (due to recurring endometrioma on my ovaries) Dr. Krieg estimated we might get 1, maybe 2 embryos per retrieval that could be genetic tested. So we weren’t really good candidates for multiple embryo transfer anyway.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
The consultation with her [Dr. Krieg] was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.... It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure.... I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it.
They [Oregon Health Sciences] didn’t let me know how much I was expected to pay at my IUI until 10 minutes before I got there. Thankfully I had the money. I would advise that you get a breakdown of payment expected ahead of time. I also would make sure you ask lots of questions but also do your own research before you go.... I had to pay $460 at the time of IUI. My ultrasounds are separate at around $500 per ultrasound. The ovidril shot was $100
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure. It seemed like they assumed I knew what to do ie lay down for 15 minutes after the IUI. I got up right away and left without knowing. I think it would be good for them to make sure to know where the patient is in her journey.
Make sure you ask plenty of questions
The consultation with her was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.
I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it. I take the clomid on days 3-7 of my period. I get an ultrasound on day 12 and also use the ovulation strips to test myself. I’m in month 3. The 2nd try, she cancelled the IUI due to my ultrasound results. She added provera this round. My next ultrasound is on the 13th.
Very helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They didn’t let me know how much I was expected to pay at my IUI until 10 minutes before I got there. Thankfully I had the money. I would advise that you get a breakdown of payment expected ahead of time. I also would make sure you ask lots of questions but also do your own research before you go. That way you are prepared to ask the correct questions.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
After my second IUI, I called the clinic saying I was very hesitant to do another and wanted to talk about alternatives such as IVF. I was told I was not allowed to schedule an appointment with Dr. Krieg until my 3rd IUI failed as per the treatment plan.... Dr. Krieg was easy to talk to and seemed helpful. I feel like she tried to give realistic (poor) odds of success with IUI. She pushed me away from doing IVF earlier on, which was unfortunate because then when I finally was able to get a meeting to talk to her about it, I was about to turn 38 and so no longer qualified for their refund programs.
The facility at south waterfront is fine. The OHSU billing department can be annoying to deal with.... I did not always get called about results, but I have access to their EMR so was able to look them up myself.... I was upset when I called asking for an appointment with my doctor and was told that was not allowed.... You will be asked to have a medical student in with you for visits. There are several doctors, you are assigned to one who manages your care, but you will see whoever is "on call" that week.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
You will frequently see other MDs for monitoring appointments. There is often a long wait for regular appointments. At least for IUI, the availability of monitoring appointments was limited. If you have questions, you will be speaking to her staff, not to her.
I met with Dr. Krieg for secondary infertility. She recommended 2-3 cycles of IUI with clomid. She recommended not going straight to IVF with my history. I responded well to clomid and had a miscarriage with the 3rd IUI cycle.
I was upset when I called asking for an appointment with my doctor and was told that was not allowed. My doctor later said that was not the case, so I should have pushed harder. I think I was supposed to have a specific nurse, but I ended up speaking to someone different who was unfamiliar with my case almost every time. I know I was only an IUI patient, but every phone call was, "our priority is for our ivf patients" before they would work on handling my issues.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
You will be asked to have a medical student in with you for visits. There are several doctors, you are assigned to one who manages your care, but you will see whoever is "on call" that week. The facility at south waterfront is fine. The OHSU billing department can be annoying to deal with.
IUI was not covered by insurance. Cost for 1 round including monitoring ultrasound, sperm wash, ovidrel trigger, clomid, and procedure was about $1000. Each visit was paid in advance.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Krieg] was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
They [KU Center for Adv Repro Med] were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue. ... It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us ...
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She took the time to meet with us, talk about the concerns, re-evaluate treatment as needed, and her office staff was fabulous!
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with IUI using Clomid and donor sperm after testing was done to ensure that I did not have any physical indicators of fertility problems, since my husband is transgender. When that did not work, we tried various combinations and amounts of Letrazole and eventually tried injectibles, which resulted in our pregnancy. She was very helpful too once we found out we were expecting multiples, and talked openly and honestly about the risks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gay)
Judy Gay was amazing! She was cheerful, supportive, empathic, and really got to know us. She showed that she cared and it made the whole process much easier! I honestly can't say enough positive things about her!
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
They were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us, and helped provide samples of medications when they could, especially after a cycle had to be cancelled halfway through when I got the flu and had already used a large amount of costly medication.
Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Overland Park

1 IVF, Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Krieg] was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of success... Most of the time they treated me as a human, but the entire process lends more to feeling like a number.
Most of the time they [staff Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] treated me as a human, but the entire process lends more to feeling like a number... I'm not sure it's totally the clinic's fault, but because much is 'outsourced'--medications, genetic testing, etc. This information was not always clearly transferred from one party to the next.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
This doctor's name is Sacha Krieg, I believe, not how it's spelled above. She was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of sucesss
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and don't get your hopes up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina Williams)
She was fine when I was able to talk to her directly but this was often not the case so I often felt confused and 'on my own.'
$13,000 for IVF (egg retrieval and transfer) $5,000+ for meds $1,500 genetic testing
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Overland Park
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses [OHSU]. ... Initially, the focus was to find a cause for my RPL. After numerous diagnostic tests were done, the only probably cause was chromosomal abnormalities. As a result, IVF with genetic testing was chosen.
Wait time is usually reasonable [at OHSU]. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful. ... Develop a good relationship with the nurses as you will primarily be working with them throughout the process.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses.
Caring, considerate, and personal.
Most were kind and helpful. However some were rude.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Wait time is usually reasonable. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful.
IVF retrieval is approximately $10,000. Genetic testing is $3300. Embryo transfer is approximately $2600.
OHSU will transfer only a single embryo.