Nurse available by email
FellowshipStanford U.
3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sacha Krieg to a friend?

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Oregon Health Sciences University to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
The consultation with her [Dr. Krieg] was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.... It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure.... I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure. It seemed like they assumed I knew what to do ie lay down for 15 minutes after the IUI. I got up right away and left without knowing. I think it would be good for them to make sure to know where the patient is in her journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Make sure you ask plenty of questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
The consultation with her was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it. I take the clomid on days 3-7 of my period. I get an ultrasound on day 12 and also use the ovulation strips to test myself. I’m in month 3. The 2nd try, she cancelled the IUI due to my ultrasound results. She added provera this round. My next ultrasound is on the 13th.
Very helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They didn’t let me know how much I was expected to pay at my IUI until 10 minutes before I got there. Thankfully I had the money. I would advise that you get a breakdown of payment expected ahead of time. I also would make sure you ask lots of questions but also do your own research before you go. That way you are prepared to ask the correct questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.
I had to pay $460 at the time of IUI. My ultrasounds are separate at around $500 per ultrasound. The ovidril shot was $100
Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
After my second IUI, I called the clinic saying I was very hesitant to do another and wanted to talk about alternatives such as IVF. I was told I was not allowed to schedule an appointment with Dr. Krieg until my 3rd IUI failed as per the treatment plan.... Dr. Krieg was easy to talk to and seemed helpful. I feel like she tried to give realistic (poor) odds of success with IUI. She pushed me away from doing IVF earlier on, which was unfortunate because then when I finally was able to get a meeting to talk to her about it, I was about to turn 38 and so no longer qualified for their refund programs.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
You will frequently see other MDs for monitoring appointments. There is often a long wait for regular appointments. At least for IUI, the availability of monitoring appointments was limited. If you have questions, you will be speaking to her staff, not to her.
I met with Dr. Krieg for secondary infertility. She recommended 2-3 cycles of IUI with clomid. She recommended not going straight to IVF with my history. I responded well to clomid and had a miscarriage with the 3rd IUI cycle.
I was upset when I called asking for an appointment with my doctor and was told that was not allowed. My doctor later said that was not the case, so I should have pushed harder. I think I was supposed to have a specific nurse, but I ended up speaking to someone different who was unfamiliar with my case almost every time. I know I was only an IUI patient, but every phone call was, "our priority is for our ivf patients" before they would work on handling my issues.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
You will be asked to have a medical student in with you for visits. There are several doctors, you are assigned to one who manages your care, but you will see whoever is "on call" that week. The facility at south waterfront is fine. The OHSU billing department can be annoying to deal with.
IUI was not covered by insurance. Cost for 1 round including monitoring ultrasound, sperm wash, ovidrel trigger, clomid, and procedure was about $1000. Each visit was paid in advance.
Describe Sacha Krieg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Portland

She [Dr. Krieg] was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She took the time to meet with us, talk about the concerns, re-evaluate treatment as needed, and her office staff was fabulous!
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with IUI using Clomid and donor sperm after testing was done to ensure that I did not have any physical indicators of fertility problems, since my husband is transgender. When that did not work, we tried various combinations and amounts of Letrazole and eventually tried injectibles, which resulted in our pregnancy. She was very helpful too once we found out we were expecting multiples, and talked openly and honestly about the risks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gay)
Judy Gay was amazing! She was cheerful, supportive, empathic, and really got to know us. She showed that she cared and it made the whole process much easier! I honestly can't say enough positive things about her!
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
They were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us, and helped provide samples of medications when they could, especially after a cycle had to be cancelled halfway through when I got the flu and had already used a large amount of costly medication.
Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Overland Park

1 IVF, Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Krieg] was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of success... Most of the time they treated me as a human, but the entire process lends more to feeling like a number.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
This doctor's name is Sacha Krieg, I believe, not how it's spelled above. She was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of sucesss
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and don't get your hopes up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina Williams)
She was fine when I was able to talk to her directly but this was often not the case so I often felt confused and 'on my own.'
$13,000 for IVF (egg retrieval and transfer) $5,000+ for meds $1,500 genetic testing
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.